World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:48 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:12 pm by Admin

» israelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 8:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 8:52 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 6:59 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 6:52 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:52 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 7:01 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Wed 08 Jul 2020, 8:30 pm

Pastor has had a few dreams that I think you should watch and consider. As a pastor myself my spirit agrees with what Pastor Dana says..

!. "Three Prophetic Dreams from Pastor Dana”:  youtube.com/watch?v=6TdpMSMP9x4&t=1s

2. “Coming Persecution Dream":  youtube.com/watch?v=wyIt8uTbfbk

For those whose groups that strip out links, I am sorry. You can reply directly to me for the web address.
I think these are for todays Church and pastors.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Jun 2020, 8:31 pm

Date: June 26, 2020 at 1:42 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Forever

Forever

"And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever." Psalm 23:6b  

Scripture Focus: Matthew 19:13-15

To conclude this month's meditations on Psalm 23, let's read a version of the psalm written especially for children. Jesus beckoned the little children to come to Him. Read through the psalm with the ordinary, unadorned faith of a child, and let the simple words of comfort speak deeply to you. “The Lord is my Shepherd. And I am his little lamb. He feeds me. He guides me. He looks after me. 

I have everything I need. Inside, my heart is very quiet. As quiet as lying still in soft green grass in a meadow by a little stream. Even when I walk through the dark, scary, lonely places, I won't be afraid. Because my Shepherd knows where I am. He is here with me. He keeps me safe. He rescues me. He makes me strong and brave. He is getting wonderful things ready for me. Especially for me. Everything I ever dreamed of ! He fills my heart so full of happiness I can't hold it all inside. 

Wherever I go I know God's never stopping never giving up, unbreaking, always and forever love will go, too!" (Sally Lloyd-Jones, 2007, Zonderkidz)

Insight: "Forever" is a long time. There is none other but my Lord with whom I should ever desire to spend eternity!

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Jun 2020, 10:22 pm

Date: June 24, 2020 at 1:57 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  In the House of the Lord

In the House of the Lord

"There will be no night there,. Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life." Revelation 21:25, 27  

Scripture Focus: Revelation 21

The house of the Lord! What feeble effort of mine could ever describe it? Even the world's most stunning cathedrals can't compare with the majesty of the house of the Lord. Nothing earthbound can. David could envision himself at journey's end- sling and rod and staff put aside. At last, he would enter the great fold where the walls are high, where 12 gates are secure with an angel at each one. The wall is of jasper; the inside of the city is pure gold. 

The glory of God fills it with crystal clear brilliance, and the Lamb of God Himself is the light! In 1980, I knew an elderly gentleman who was near death in a hospital room near mine at Ft. Bliss Texas. He was fearful of what was ahead. The patient in the bed next to him attempted often to bring the dying one to Jesus. His efforts had failed, until one morning when we met in the patient lounge. In my conversation to another patient that very day was on heaven. As we finished the discussion, the dying gentleman received Christ as his Savior. 

His final words to his roommate were, "Tell my friends I know now that heaven is real, and I am going there!"

Insight: What about you? Can you say with assurance, "I shall dwell in the house of the Lord"?

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 23 Jun 2020, 12:00 pm

Date: June 23, 2020 at 1:12 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  And I Will Dwell

And I Will Dwell

"One thing I ask of the LORD,: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze on the beauty of the LORD and to seek him in his temple." Psalm 27:4  

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 4:10-13

Life is full of uncertainty. And it can be devastating. The journey of our lives is composed of one transition after another. As Paul says to the Corinthian people, we hunger and thirst, are in rags, are brutally treated, and are homeless. "When we are cursed, we bless; when we are persecuted, we endure it" (4:12). Is all of that an uncertain existence? No! Unless you have no assurance of a heavenly habitation. For the one whose faith can look ahead to an eternity with Christ, the uncertainties of life fade into nothingness; a troubled heart finds assurance. My brother-in-law Ted was diagnosed with leukemia just five weeks before he died. A finer man no family ever had. A few hours before he passed away, I walked into his hospital room. There was no gloom there. With a weak but reassuring smile, he pointed his finger toward heaven and whispered, "The victory is won!" A forever dwelling place we will never find here. But the Good Shepherd leads on to that fairer place where we can safely say, "I will dwell."

Insight: "Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth 'thrown in': aim at Earth and you will get neither." (C.S. Lewis, 1960)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 22 Jun 2020, 9:43 pm

Date: June 22, 2020 at 2:15 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  All the Days of My Life

All the Days of My Life

"The length of our days is seventy years-or eighty, if we have the strength; yet their span is but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away." Psalm 90:10 

Scripture Focus: Psalm 90:1-12 

The average lifespan is about 75 years, or 28,000 days. Does that sound like a staggering number to you? It may seem long indeed if you are a mom of little ones trying to keep everything together at home, or if you are in the midst of illness that has you confined to a hospital bed. 28,000 days sounds long when your job is tedious and boring, when there is no end in sight to your long years of education, when the decades of a terrible marriage show no change, or when you are tired and unmotivated. 

Yet like Job, we look back on our years and see that the days fly by quickly, "swifter than a weaver's shuttle" (7:6). I had the occasion to stand on a river bank in Korea years ago watching the weavers of fine silk throw their shuttles back and forth in astonishing speed. Suddenly, the beautiful pattern emerged in the fabric. As the days of our lives pass by-often without a feeling of hope-realize that the Lord's goodness and love are weaving a pattern into your life that you may not be able to see just yet. 

I can assure you that in the end it will be beautiful.

Insight: "My life is but a weaving; Between my God and me.; I cannot choose the colors; He weaveth steadily." (attributed to Corrie ten Boom)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 17 Jun 2020, 8:14 pm

Date: June 17, 2020 at 12:59 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Surely Goodness

Surely Goodness

"Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him." Psalm 34:8  

Scripture Focus: Psalm 34:1-8 

They say the only sure things in this world are death and taxes. When we read David's Shepherd's Psalm, we see otherwise. What you can always be sure of, my friend, is the goodness of your Lord and Savior. Surely the goodness of God will follow you all of your days-beyond taxes and beyond even death! When we focus on the evil that has so saturated the world we live in, we're prone to think that perhaps God has deserted us. 

I hardly could blame God if He did! Yet He has not abandoned us at all, nor will He ever. Remember, He promised in the beginning of the Bible that He would "never leave you nor forsake you" (Deuteronomy 31:6). When we look closely at ourselves-as the psalmists often did-and see our many failings, we realize there is no certainty or guarantee which we could fabricate to assure us that all will come out good in the end. Only God Himself gives us that assurance. 

And He does, because He is surely good and most perfectly loving: "The Lord is good and His love endures forever" (1 Chronicles 16:34).#
Insight: Even through trials we can say, "I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living" (Psalm 27:13).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 16 Jun 2020, 9:27 pm

Date: June 16, 2020 at 12:37 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Overflows

Overflows

"Our mouths were filled with laughter, our tongues with songs of joy. Then it was said among the nations, 'The LORD has done great things for them.' The LORD has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy."   

Scripture Focus: Psalm 126: 2-3

Continuing the story of David's returning of the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem from yesterday's devotional, we read that in time the processional with the precious ark resumed. This time not only was there enthusiasm and joy, there also was sacrificing and prayer nearly each step of the way. There was singing and shouting and sounding of trumpets until the ark was placed in the tabernacle David had set up for it. 

As David approached the city, his wife Michal observed him through an upper window, and she despised his exulting joy. Her first words to him upon his return were of sharp criticism (see 2 Samuel 6:20). But his response was sincere and single-minded: "I will celebrate before the LORD" (v. 21). He let her know he was accountable to the Lord alone, and he intended to give every ounce of his being in elated delight over the Lord's blessings. David's heart simply overflowed with gladness in his Savior.
Does your cup overflow with your delight in how He has loved you, redeemed you, and made you His own?

Insight: "Fill my cup, Lord;/ I lift it up, Lord;/ Come and quench this thirsting of my soul." (Richard Blanchard, 1959)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 12 Jun 2020, 6:04 pm

Date: June 11, 2020 at 11:45 PM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  You Prepare

You Prepare

"The LORD himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged." Deuteronomy 31:8 

Scripture Focus: Psalm 23:1-5  

How reassuring to read the first words of Psalm 23:5. "You prepare," They suggest that the Christian life is not haphazard or random. Whatever your needs are today, God has made preparation to meet them. Do you find it hard to believe that the Lord is preparing every detail of your life? The Israelites felt that insecurity. But Moses spoke the words of assurance they craved, reminding them that God would never leave them nor forsake them, so they need not worry. 

Sometimes I struggle with this. I echo the disciples who one time said to Jesus, "Increase our faith!" (Luke 17:5) Whatever need you have today- for health, strength, love, peace, forgiveness, life's necessities, direction-He is prepared. Have you had the joy of walking into your house after a day's work and smelling a delicious meal that is nearly ready? You see the table is set. All has been prepared for you. You need only to sit down and give thanks. Even more so, the Good Shepherd has made all the preparations in the world to mark you as His own.

Insight: "My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?" (John 14:2)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 11 Jun 2020, 10:17 pm

Date: June 11, 2020 at 2:00 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Thy Rod and Thy Staff

Thy Rod and Thy Staff

"The LORD roars from Zion and thunders from Jerusalem; the pastures of the shepherds dry up, and the top of Carmel withers." Amos 1:2  

Scripture Focus: Amos 1:1-2, 9:13-15 

Imagine that-God chose a sheepherder to prophesy judgment on Israel! A shepherd from the herdsmen of Tekoa would to speak to His people, and the word would communicate not sweetness and delight, but wrath. Israel's waywardness would not go unaddressed. Amos knew the use of a rod and staff, sling and stone, to divert and redirect his sheep when he observed them straying. 

Though the metaphor was clear to him, the words he spoke may have sounded strange coming from a lowly shepherd. Did the real Word of God actually come to him? Yes! And powerfully so! Through Amos's strong words we can't help but see how God hates sin. Sometimes He must use rod or staff to bring us back to the fold. Those tools of correction come to us in many ways, each carefully designed to point to the One who loves and cares for us. 

As we learn from the Lord's rod and staff, we come through on the other side reassured with the final words of Amos to the people (God's words to us): "I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted."

Insight: "The Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you from the evil one. ,May the Lord direct your hearts." (2 Thessalonians 3:3, 5)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Jun 2020, 8:05 pm

Date: June 9, 2020 at 1:35 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  I Will Fear No Evil

I Will Fear No Evil

"Do not fret because of evil men or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away." Psalm 37:1-2  

Scripture Focus: Psalm 37:1-9

It's hard not to fret about the evil in our world. It crouches at the door, slinks around our neighborhoods, lurks in our churches and schools and government buildings. Evil makes its way known in sibling fights and in terrorist attacks alike. There is no escaping it. It's also nothing new. Do you think the sin all around you is worse now in this generation than it ever was before? 

In the beginning books of the Bible, shortly after sin slithered its way into humanity, God was already referring to His people as "this evil generation" (Deuteronomy 1:35). Truly, there is nothing new under the sun. Still David tells us not to fret because of evil. This comes from a man who more than once was running from his enemies to save his life. The only sure way to face evil and to "enjoy safe pasture" (Psalm 37:3) is to take to heart what David tells us: "Trust in the LORD and do good,. Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart" (vs. 3, 4). 

Fear will dissipate in the loving care of your Shepherd.

Insight: Trusting in God will not eliminate evil-wait until the new heavens and new earth for that. Today His perfect love for you casts out fear

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Jun 2020, 10:31 pm

Date: June 5, 2020 at 12:55 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  For His Name's Sake

For His Name's Sake

"And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there will be no end." Isaiah 9:6b-7a  

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 9:6-7

It has been said often that God does not need to defend His name. True. But God is jealous of how His name is used on earth. Consider the beauty, the honor, and the majesty of the name God gave His Son. He receives titles of utmost honor. God wants us all to attribute to Him the worship and esteem befitting so exalted a name. It is a truly overwhelming thought that He whose very name is Mighty God became a servant in a world of sinners, humbled Himself, and obediently faced death on a cross. 

One day everyone on earth will drop down on bended knee in reverence at the mention of His great name, confessing Him as Lord of all. He saves us "for his name's sake to make his mighty power known" (Psalm 106:8). His name won't be cheapened by using it to swear or to call out inanely, "Oh, my God!" We sin against our Lord when we denigrate His name and when we walk in paths other than the righteous ones He has planned for us. 

May your daily walk with Him and the way you choose to use His name bring glory and praise to Him!

Insight: "Help us, God our Savior, for the glory of your name; deliver us and forgive our sins for your name's sake." (Psalm 79:9)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Jun 2020, 10:26 pm

In Paths of Righteousness

"I will raise up, a righteous Branch, a King who will reign wisely,. This is the name by which he will be called: The LORD Our Righteousness." Jeremiah 23:5-6  

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 4:2-6
You might as well give up! Have you ever heard a discouraging little voice like that in your head? Or maybe it has been this one: The Christian life is too hard. You'll never measure up. I suspect that all of us have felt so accused at one time or another. The prophet Jeremiah once indicted the shepherds of the Lord's flock for failure and for bearing the responsibility of scattering the people. 

But he also promised fruitfulness and increase, freedom from fear and want. How would God accomplish this? Not difficult at all for Him! It is a discouraging prospect, indeed, if all depends on us and our righteousness. How could we ever gain God's kingdom on the merits of our own unworthy efforts? The little voice whispering, You'll never measure up, sounds convicting. Praise God that He who is our righteous Branch and King at the same time is certain to answer our failure with His own perfect record on our behalf. 
Jesus Christ, the Good Shepherd, will lead you in all the paths of righteousness because of Himself.

Insight: If you "feel" Him "leading" down a path pointing to destruction, that is not the leading of Jesus. Run the other way!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 03 Jun 2020, 6:18 pm

Date: June 3, 2020 at 1:50 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Beside the Still Waters

Beside the Still Waters

"When all the flocks were gathered there, the shepherds would roll the stone away from the well's mouth and water the sheep. Then they would return the stone to its place over the mouth of the well." Genesis 29:3  
Scripture Focus: Genesis 29:1-14

The shepherd was always thinking of the care of his sheep-especially for water to quench his flock's thirst. Many ancient wells were kept carefully sealed by their owners until high noon, the hour of watering. When the stone was removed, those entitled to the water could approach the well. A crowd had gathered at the well in Paddan Aram when Jacob arrived. He was just inquiring for his uncle when the beautiful shepherdess Rachel came to water her sheep. 

Jacob was smitten by her, and later she would indeed become his wife. He had found the love of his life at the well. Praise be to our God that the well of salvation is never sealed for us. We need not wait till "high noon" to approach Him and drink deeply of His compassion and forgiveness. "With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation, for great is the Holy One of Israel among you" (Isaiah 12:3, 6). Jesus, our life-giving water, freely gives to all His flock, His chosen ones. In Him you will find true satisfaction for your life's thirst. Seek Him today!

Insight: Come to Jesus and find the treasure of your life. There will never be greater comfort than alongside the still waters where He leads

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 02 Jun 2020, 10:21 pm

Date: June 2, 2020 at 2:17 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  He Leads Me

He Leads Me

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul." Psalm 143:8  

Scripture Focus: Psalm 143:1-8 

Someone once told me about a missionary who was telling the gospel story to a remote tribe by using a slide presentation of the Good Shepherd. There was a sudden burst of laughter when a picture flashed on the screen showing a shepherd walking behind his flock. The missionary inquired about what was so funny. "Everyone knows," they replied, "a shepherd doesn't drive his sheep. He leads them!" That perfectly illustrates what David also knew: the heavenly Shepherd leads His sheep. 

Only the recalcitrant sheep scurrying off on the side paths loses its way. On the journey of life, you will undoubtedly see the multiple paths you could take. Obstinate, you may refuse to stay on track. Be assured that even in those times, the Good Shepherd is right there. "Show me your ways, O LORD, teach me your paths" (Psalm 25:4). When we utter these words of David's, we seek not a sign from this world. We seek a wisdom beyond us to guide us to safety and rest. The way may be rough going, but He has chosen it for you, and He will lead!

Insight: "Lord, I would clasp thy hand in mine; nor ever murmur nor repine; content, whatever lot I see; since 'tis my God that leadeth me." (Joseph H. Gilmore, 1862)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 29 May 2020, 12:24 pm

Date: May 29, 2020 at 1:34 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  In Green Pastures

In Green Pastures

"Then Jesus directed them to have all the people sit down in groups on the green grass." Mark 6:3 

Scripture Focus: Psalm 25:4-10  

Until I was twelve, I lived on a small farm along the Dry Fork creek, 8 miles north of Salem Missouri. We loved to sit on the front porch in the evening, hear stories, and eat a bite or two of food. We tended Cattle, sometimes they would be lying close around the fences. When grazing was sparse, we led them to better pastures. 

The shepherds of ancient Israel often contended with one another for the best grazing land. David's psalm references green pastures because that's what a shepherd was looking for a place that would bring sustenance and comfort to his flock. David's words help us think of God, our Shepherd, as doing something similar for us. Generations after David wrote the "Shepherd's Psalm," the Good Shepherd Himself went out to a hillside, and thousands flocked around Him. 

He had them sit down in the green grass so He could not only feed them that day, but also could impress upon them that He was the Bread of Life, the very nourishment their souls were looking for.

Insight: If you are to have the strength for life's rugged journey, come to the green pastures of God's sustaining Word. Feed from it daily!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 29 May 2020, 12:51 am

Topic: +DEV+  He Makes Me Lie Down

He Makes Me Lie Down

"There, stood the LORD, and he said: 'I am the LORD, the God of your father Abraham and the God of Isaac. I will give you the land on which you are lying.'" Genesis 28:13  

Scripture Focus: Genesis 28:10-22

Think back to the story of Jacob in the Bible. I never could quite understand why God should have treated that son of Isaac so well! He deceived his father, cheated his brother, and fled to a foreign country to escape the wrath of the older Esau. Family trouble plagued him all his life. Even in later years there was corroding jealousy amongst his sons brought on by his favoritism of one son. 

It was a long journey to Uncle Laban's house where Jacob would seek refuge. As the colors faded in the sky one evening, he found a stone to rest his head on and lay down for the night. When he was completely quieted, God spoke to him. His troubles gave way to dreams and heavenly hosts who descended to that desert place. Know that when you are on the run from the troubles that trail you, the Lord may be quieting you, causing you to lie down, so that you can listen to Him. Don't fight Him. Don't resist Him or try to wrestle Him away. 

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O LORD, make me dwell in safety" (Psalm 4:8).

Insight: Like a shepherd with his sheep, the Good Shepherd quiets you not only so you can rest, but so that you might be humbled before Him.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 27 May 2020, 11:17 pm

Date: May 27, 2020 at 12:07 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  I Shall Not Want

I Shall Not Want

"The fear of the LORD leads to life: Then one rests content, untouched by trouble." Proverbs 19:23 

Scripture Focus: Psalm 23  

David knew well the daily needs of his sheep. The flock depended on his ability to lead them to grazing pastures and water. Since land tenure then was considerably different than it is in western countries today, there was freedom to roam. In fact, anyone could move near a well or onto an unused parcel of land and simply begin cultivating it. It was this freedom that made it possible for the shepherd and his flock to exist. 

But this sort of existence will seem completely foreign to most of us today. We can't conceive of just arriving at a piece of land and thinking we could start living on it. The rules for land owning and usage have changed since David's day, but the concept of the providing Shepherd endures throughout the centuries. The Lord provides. When our daily provisions run out, when job loss and bankruptcy and home foreclosure become real, when the bank account is in the negative, can we say along with David, "I shall not want"? The answer is yes, because when all else disappears, we still have Jesus.

Insight: "Content to let the world go by,/ To know no gain nor loss,/ My sinful self my only shame,/ My glory all the cross." (Elizabeth C. Clephane, 1868)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 26 May 2020, 12:59 pm

Date: May 26, 2020 at 12:00 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  The Lord Is My Shepherd

The Lord Is My Shepherd

"I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me-just as the Father knows me and I know the Father-and I lay down my life for the sheep." John 10:14-15 

Scripture Focus: John 10:11-18

Almost anyone-young or old-knows the famous first phrase of David's twenty-third psalm: "The LORD is my shepherd." While David would be called into conflict many times in his life, perhaps this very phrase brought him assurance. He may have repeated it as a lion had to be overpowered to save the flock, as Goliath was to be slain to preserve Israel's army, as whole nations had to be subdued to maintain the kingdom committed to his trust. 

But out in the quiet fields with nothing extraordinary happening, there was just the sound of a shepherd boy's harp stirring the twilight air. The flocks lie safe and peaceful under the comfort of his watchful eye. The sheep sense the steadfastness of their young shepherd. For the moment, no marauding predator-man or beast-can invade the fold committed to David's care. When the peaceful moments of life evaporate and the marauding predators press in, repeat the words you have known since you were a child. Believe them. 

Search for no other comfort. For the Lord alone is your Shepherd.

Insight: Cares of this world will try to impede and ravage your life. Sometimes they will succeed. But always the Good Shepherd is there for you.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 17 May 2020, 12:21 pm

God’s Pleasure

“'Do I have any pleasure at all that the wicked should die?' says the Lord God, 'and not that he should turn from his ways and live? … Therefore turn and live!'” – Ezekiel 18:23, 32 NKJV

The Bible is filled with warnings. Ezekiel, for example, was called to deliver messages of judgment. It is possible to read these warnings and assume that God desired vengeance. But His Word gives us a more complete picture.

Yes, God does deliver prophecies of judgment. Yet, as He made clear to Ezekiel, He warns us not because He desires to punish, but because He loves us and wants the best for us. The warnings are designed to help us.

In fact, He has no pleasure in the death of anyone, not even the wicked. His plea, through Ezekiel, was that all who are not living in accordance with His laws would turn and live, that they would change.

God’s true desire was clearly demonstrated when He sent Jesus. The fact is that He loved the world so much that He gave His only Son, “that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” He did not send Jesus to condemn us “but that the world through Him might be saved” (John 3:16-17).

He is a loving Father who wants the best for His children. He simply wants us not to be fooled by deception and false promises, to stay away from temptations, and to live according to His purposes. He wants us to be saved.

Remember, God desires the best for you. Cooperate with Him. Experience His love. And pray for the salvation of the lost.

Prayer
Father, help me turn away from sin and anything that displeases You. I love You. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Extended Reading

Ezekiel 18

Date: May 16, 2020 at 1:05 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Melting Mountains

Melting Mountains

"The mountains melt like wax before the LORD, before the Lord of all the earth." Psalm 97:5  

Scripture Focus: Psalm 97 

What would a mountain look like if it melted like wax? Think of a volcano with thick streams of fiery rock sliding down the mountain's sides. But what if the whole mountain melted? What if there were no solid layer of rock under the lava, but every inch from top to bottom simply collapsed, dripped, slid, and melted away? It's hard to imagine that happening because mountains are so big, the highest of them beckoning only the bravest climbers to adventure to their tops. 
Mountains don't move. We use them to mark our way and help us when we're lost. Their strength is almost incomprehensible. A plane might crash into the side of a mountain, but the mountain itself looks barely changed. Yet before the Lord, the psalmist says, the mountains melt like wax. This is why Jesus deserves not only our awe, but also our faith, fear, and worship. He is the Lord; "by him all things were created" (Colossians 1:16). On His day of judgment, "the mountains [will] melt beneath him, like wax before the fire" (Micah 1:4).

Insight: Almighty God, teach me to fear you above all things; to know my weakness and to trust your strength.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 8 Empty +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Fri 15 May 2020, 11:49 am

Date: May 15, 2020 at 12:27 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Depths of the Earth

Depths of the Earth

"In his hand are the depths of the earth, and the mountain peaks belong to him." Psalm 95:4   

Scripture Focus: Psalm 95

When I was seven, I once tried to dig a hole to the other side of the earth. I imagined that if I dug straight, eventually I would pop out, upside down, in some bustling Chinese marketplace. What kid hasn't dreamed of doing this? I didn't know then that my 7,916 miles of digging would end not in China, but would be in the middle of the Indian Ocean. 

I can laugh now at the thought of my ambitious undertaking. After the dirt of my own farmyard, I would have had to dig through miles of rock before reaching the mantle, the outer core, and the inner core with its white-hot combination of nickel, aluminum, and iron. Who knows what else I'd find along the way? 

Well, God does. He knows every inch of what He has made. I like thinking about that. As strong as the earth is under my feet, God is stronger. He holds in His hand every continental shelf, every ocean, every seven-year-old with a shovel. Lots of things are impossible for me, but nothing is impossible for God, even rising up from the grave with salvation for me.

Insight: Is there something you think God is incapable of doing? There is nothing too deep or too high for Him!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8