World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:48 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:12 pm by Admin

» israelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:52 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:59 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:52 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:52 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 7:01 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 2 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Mon 11 Oct 2021, 1:49 pm

Oct 10, 2021 at 12:01 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Brokenness Matters

Brokenness Matters

“Since they show that the requirements of the law are written on their hearts, their consciences also bear witness, and their thoughts now accuse or even defend them.” Romans 2:15

Scripture Focus: Romans 2:12-16

I encounter many people with no hope beyond the grief of their lives. When soldiers come to me as their chaplain, I ask them, “Why do you care?” They’re astonished by that question. “What do you mean, ‘Why do I care?’ Who wouldn’t care about something like this?”

Then I clarify. Most religions (including atheism and agnosticism) say that tragedies and suffering are either part of the natural order or are merely illusions. Yet here you are weeping over the death of your mother, as if she meant something to you. It’s as if suffering and death are things at which we should recoil. The next question is this: “Why do you care about brokenness unless you realize this isn’t the way things are supposed to be?”

There is truth in our tears, the result of aching hearts in a fallen world—both crying out before the brokenness and longing for the healing. Something is wrong, and we know it because God made us with eternity written in our hearts. Our brokenness drives us to the cross where our Savior was broken to make us whole again.

Insight: “If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.” (C.S. Lewis, 1952)

It is our hopes and prayers that these devotions will bring people to Jesus as Savior and have a deeper meaningful relationship with the Lord.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:
https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=lVWtcmOoaZ9GZpaB-NmPMcxGFZNKEHz614BebUf4sI4vcg_jAcYtF6_524IQDwRGUw29G7CCHjK-bLKw

Or contact us by replying to this email.
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 09 Oct 2021, 12:00 am

THE GREAT TABLE CAPER

:joy:

Fun fact:
In most U.S. cities, to protect both people and dogs,
“Leash laws” require that dogs in public be on a leash
That is less than six feet long. 
~~~~

Early one fine spring morning, Tyler (a large golden retriever), Zoe (a large red doberman) and I (a woman of a certain age) headed out for a walk.  Our destination was the lake in the neighborhood.  First, though, we visited the local coffee shop so I could get a cup of tea to drink as we walked.

I tied Tyler and Zoe, who were very sweet and obedient dogs, to the base of a metal table that we in a cordoned-off area for the restaurant next door.  When the restaurant was closed, I often tied them to a table.  As usual, I turned to look at them before going in and said, “Be good.  I’ll be right out.”

It was a Saturday morning, and very few people were about or in the coffee shop.  After getting my tea, I went over to the condiment station to doctor it with some sweetness.  My back was to the door.  While stirring in the sugar, I had slipped into a bit of absentmindedness.  All of a sudden, a man’s voice boomed from behind me, bringing me out my reverie.  “Someone own those dogs out there?”  He called out.  

Leaving my tea, I sprang to the door.  Outside, mayhem reigned. Tyler, Zoe and the table were gone.  Tables and chairs were knocked over.  The black straps that cordoned off the area along with their metal stands were on the ground.  I ran to the middle of the street.  Tyler, the table, and Zoe - in that order - were running away as if the devil himself was chasing them.  The metal table bounced, making a loud noise, which caused Tyler to run faster.

I ran after them, yelling, “Tyler, Stop!, Tyler, stop!”  I could see that Tyler was the instigator since he was in the lead.  He looked back at me, then at the table, and then back to me.  His eyes said, “Mom, I can’t.  There’s a table chasing me!” He kept running.

Zoe looked back at me, and her eyes said, “Mom, he’s gone crazy; I don’t know what to do.”  She was definitely at his mercy, and Tyler was at the mercy ( in his mind) of the table.

I continued to run after them and yell at Tyler to stop.  He’d look back at me, wanting to obey, but then he’d look at the table that kept chasing him and continue running.  He’d swerve toward a parked car, causing the table to swing out, and I’d pray, “Please don’t hit a car.”  Thankfully, he’d correct his course to the middle of the road and somehow avoid hitting any cars with the table.

I was not in shape to be running full tilt, and I had no idea how long the “table chase” was going to last.  It appeared as if the threesome was headed toward our home, but there were six or so blocks still to go with a couple of parking lots, woods, and busier streets along the way.  And poor Zoe, she had no choice but to run.  I think she had her senses about her and would have stopped if she could, but as Tyler was in the lead, she was an unwilling accomplice. When I called out she’d turn her head to look back at me, and with her eyes would say, “He’s gone mad.   Help me.”

A few blocks into the run, with me huffing and puffing, it occurred to me.  I could be mad and frustrated, or I could laugh.  I chose to laugh, which made the running even more aerobic.  But the absurdity of a woman of a certain age running after a dog who thinks he’s being chased by a bouncing table was too much.

Soon, I was winded and could feel my heart beating fast.  Then another though came, “Oh, my God!  I’m going to die of a heart attack chasing these dumb dogs and a table.  What a stupid way to die.  I hope my family will get a good laugh out of it.”

The dogs crossed a grassy median that sent the table bouncing and swinging even more.  The trio was headed to a parking lot with several cars in it.  Tyler came close to a new red truck, and I thought, “I’m going to be buying a bumper today.”  Luckily, he veered away from it just in time.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed an employee standing in from of a Michael’s craft store.  He looked at the dogs, looked at me, and then did a double take.  Then he took off after the dogs, running diagonally to them, and stopping them just as they were about to cross a busy road and careen into another parking lot filled with more cars.

I slowed down to catch my breath as I saw he had the dogs under control.  Then a new though sprang to mind:  How the heck was I going to get the metal table back to the restaurant while controlling two large dogs?  Should I leave the table?  Tie the dogs to something stationary at the coffee shop and come back for the table?  Could I even carry it after running so fast?  Or should I take Zoe and Tyler home and bring my car for the table?

By the time I walked up to David (my hero) and the dogs, he had untangled them.  The table was up on one of his shoulders.  I thanked him while he passed Zoe and Tyler’s leashes to me and marched off to the restaurant like it was an everyday occurrence to rescue a damsel in distress from renegade dogs and a fierce some table.  He was a godsend.

By the time Tyler, Zoe, and I got back to the coffee shop, David had just finished reestablishing order to the outside dining area.  It looked as if nothing had ever happened.  I can’t remember ever being so grateful for a strangers help, and I profusely thanked my Good Samaritan.

But it didn’t seem enough.  I wanted to show him my gratitude with more than just words; I wanted to give him something that was heartfelt.  Cooking is something I do from the heart, and my apple pie is a favorite among friends and family.

So, I went home and made David an apple pie.  It was still hot when I took it to the store just before he got off work.  Months later, I was in Michael’s and saw David.  I repeated my thanks for his help, which he Kindly brushed off.  However, he thanked me for the apple pie, saying it was the best he had ever eaten.

By the way, from that point on, Tyler and Zoe were always tied to a stationary object, such as a lamppost, when we went to the coffee shop. 
-Ann Denise Karson-
From the book - CHICKEN SOUP for the SOUL - Read, Laugh, Repeat 101 Laugh-out-loud stories - Amy Newmark 

It is our hopes and prayers that these devotions will bring people to Jesus as Savior and have a deeper meaningful relationship with the Lord.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 Oct 2021, 1:16 pm

Oct 6, 2021 at 12:01 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  History and Destiny

History and Destiny

“Work out your salvation with fear and trembling, for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.” Philippians 2:12b-13

Scripture Focus: Philippians 2:12-18

“The things that helped you survive in your childhood can kill you in adulthood,” a counselor once told me. We all had ways to deal with hard realities of life. Perhaps you redirected your anger, or emotionally disengaged, or lived in constant fear and paranoia. A child with little control over his surroundings figures out how to deal with the pain.

Often when these coping mechanisms continue into adulthood, problems arise. We may face stressful circumstances now and resort to the same means we employed as kids. While emotionally disengaging might save a child, it can be detrimental to a marriage. Coping mechanisms are often rooted in lies we tell ourselves: “God did not and cannot keep me safe, so when things get hard, I’ll just mentally check out.”

The Lord will work through our pasts, using them to help us grow rather than get by, to thrive rather than just survive. He saves us, not only from our sin, but also from the idolatry of deeply-ingrained coping mechanisms. He is at work in us by His Spirit to glorify Himself.

Insight: Remember, you don’t need the same old survival strategy. You need your Savior!

https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=lVWtcmOoaZ9GZpaB-NmPMcxGFZNKEHz614BebUf4sI4vcg_jAcYtF6_524IQDwRGUw29G7CCHjK-bLKw

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 Oct 2021, 6:16 pm

Oct 6, 2021 at 1:50 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Is My Past Important?

Is My Past Important?

“…and in the desert. There you saw how the LORD your God carried you, as a father carries his son, all the way you went until you reached this place.” Deuteronomy 1:31

Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 1:19-33

Soldiers are a tough bunch. They have a hundred different sayings that basically amount to communicating, “The past isn’t important. I must perform in the present.” A good soldier doesn’t dwell on the past or on personal issues but makes his or her efforts count now.

Indeed, there are times to tough things out — for example, when you’re engaged in firefight in a war zone. In that case, your primary goal is success of the mission, followed by survival for you and your battle buddies. Real life, however, is not meant to be “toughed out.”

When we put away or ignore the past, our wounds fester. We must search out these old wounds, knowing they’ll be painful, and ask God to heal them. We sometimes need counselors in the process, and almost always need the help of friends and loved ones.

Survey the wilderness of your past. You will discover that the Lord was carrying you the whole time—the way I’ve carried my little son. Trust that God was with you in your past so you can know the hope of truly trusting Him in the days ahead.

Insight: 

“If He carried the weight of the world upon His shoulders/ I know my brother, [my sister,] He will carry you.” (Scott Wesley Brown, 1999)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Oct 2021, 9:48 pm

Oct 1, 2021 at 1:34 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Can They Hurt Me?

Can They Hurt Me?

“Though my father and mother forsake me, the LORD will take me in. Teach me your way, O LORD; lead me in a straight path.” Psalm 27:10-11

Scripture Focus: Psalm 27
You think you have the only messed-up family? Does it feel like mockery to hear preachers and teachers talking about God being “like our father”? Often there is no comfort in comparing God to our earthly fathers. Most soldiers who pass through my office have few memories of their fathers, and the ones they do have are haunting.

Whatever your family circumstances, there are evidences of brokenness. This matters! Sigmund Freud argued that we invent a heavenly father as adults because we need the security our earthly fathers provided when we were children. He was right in that the two are linked. But God is not a projection of our fathers; our fathers (and mothers) are a projection of God! They shape our view of Him

How have your parents shaped your view of God? How have your friend’s parents shaped his/her view of God? Christ has made us children of the living God. Even the brokenness points to the loveliness of this fact. Our parents fail, and so do we. But the love of God for us through Jesus Christ never fails.

Insight: No need to “invent” a good father in your mind. You already have a heavenly Father whose love and compassion are beyond measure!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Sep 2021, 4:41 pm

Sep 30, 2021 at 1:15 AM CST
Topic: +DEV+  Who Is God?
Who Is God?

“God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM. This is what you are to say to the Israelites: I AM has sent me to you.’” Exodus 3:14

Scripture Focus: Exodus 3

The Lord called Moses to confront Pharaoh, and Moses responded, “Who am I?” Don’t be quick to judge Moses—we respond the same way, often thinking there is no way God would want to use us. If we are honest about our sin and brokenness, we know that we are utterly insufficient to serve God and care for others. 

I have struggled with depression and despair because so many of my efforts as a pastor seem to fail my parishioners. Part of understanding who we are is to first know who God is. Moses said, “Who am I?” and God said, “I am who I am.” If we know who God is and what He has done for us, then we begin to feel the safety of belonging to Him. 

As we explain to others the importance of having an identity that withstands the tests of suffering and time, we will explain the importance of knowing a God who alone can define us. Confess your insecurities to your God. Cry out in the pain of your insufficiency. I can promise you that He won’t tell you you’re sufficient, but you will come away realizing that He is.

Insight: We cannot add anything on to what Christ has already done for us. 

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Sep 2021, 6:15 pm

Sep 28, 2021 at 12:25 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Who Are You? 

Who Are You?

“Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, to all the saints in Christ Jesus… Grace and peace to you.” Philippians 1:1-2
Scripture Focus: Philippians 1:1-6

If you look closely at this passage, you’ll notice that Paul and Timothy are servants in two respects: they are servants of Jesus and servants to others. That order is important for us. Before we exercise our God-given purpose of serving others, we need to know our God-given identity in Christ.

What is this identity? He created you, and you are His—one of His people and a sheep in His pasture (Psalm 100:3). Your “life is now hidden with Christ in God” (Colossians 3:3). Not only do you need to know these things before you can share your hope with others, but these truths speak to a similar need in others.

We all have an identity. But most of us look for it in the wrong places. Traditionally, people have found their identities in their work, their families, their wealth, their reputation. More and more, people find their identities in gender, sexuality, and social causes. These are not only false identities, but they are ever-changing and unable to withstand the storms of life. Who you are in Christ is unshakable. You belong to Him!

Insight: Who are you? Answer this question using verses like those above, and then ask it of others.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Sep 2021, 7:48 pm

Sep 24, 2021 at 1:00 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Could God Even Use Me?

Could God Even Use Me?

“For that very reason I was shown mercy so that in me, the worst of sinners, Jesus Christ might display his unlimited patience as an example for those who would believe on him and receive eternal life.” 1 Timothy 1:16

Scripture Focus: 1 Timothy 1:12-17

Every day you see your weaknesses before you. They’re reflected in your work, in your family, and in the hollows of your own heart. You might be wondering, what did God get Himself into? Did He know that I would be such a wreck? Would He take His offer of salvation back if He could? What good is someone like me to the purposes of the perfect Lord?

My friend, you must realize that indeed, you are not worthy. Christ saved you because you are a sinner, sick, weak, and foolish. He has washed you by His own blood and made you worthy because He is worthy. Our Lord wanted you exactly because you are a wreck. When people see His love for you reflected in your love for them, they give glory not to you but to Him. Just look at Paul’s life. What a mess he was, and what an astounding tool for spreading the good news of Jesus!

But you won’t truly believe that He loves to use you until you own that He loves you. He not only delights to show others His perfect patience with you, but He also delights to show you His perfect, redeeming love.

Insight: The love of God has rescued you from sin and has now unleashed you to serve others by His grace and in His name.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Sep 2021, 3:56 pm

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:43 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Dinner For Three?

Dinner For Three?

“But they urged him strongly, ‘Stay with us, for it is nearly evening; the day is almost over.’ So he went in to stay with them.” Luke 24:29

Scripture Focus: Luke 24:13-35

We can find plenty of reasons to avoid inviting others into our homes. I am too busy. My house is too messy. We are too messy. I would be sacrificing time with my family. Yet hospitable situations often were the setting for Christ’s saving work. The disciples on the road to Emmaus invited Christ into their home where He broke bread, and their eyes were opened to see their Savior for who He was.

In our age of locked doors and fenced-in yards, it can be hard to show hospitality, but it is worth it. When a family invited me in for a meal during college, I thought it was a foretaste of heaven! So what if your house or your lives are messy? Doesn’t Christ minister through weakness? Your family is your priority. That’s rare. Wouldn’t it be helpful for members of our orphaned generation to see such love?

When you open your home, you’re also opening your heart. You are lowering walls so you can discuss the Christ who rebuilds lives. Jesus has prepared a home for you in His eternal presence. To whom can you extend that privilege today?

Insight: For the sake of Jesus, be willing to interrupt the lives of others and be interrupted on your own.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 21 Sep 2021, 8:56 pm

Sep 21, 2021 at 12:02 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Why So Lonely?

Why So Lonely?

“‘I have been very zealous for the LORD…. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, broken down your altars, and put your prophets to death…. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too.’” 1 Kings 19:10

Scripture Focus: 1 King 19:9-18

In the mid-80s, the average American had three or more good friends. By the 2000s, the number was less than two. In the same time span, the number of Americans who claimed to have no friends jumped from 8% to 25%. Sociologists say we are now experiencing an epidemic of loneliness. Much of depression is rooted in that feeling of loneliness and the lack of meaning which comes with it.

Are you one of these lonely persons? Do you feel like you’re deceiving the friends you do have, and that if they knew you were so lonely, they would unfriend you? Do you feel like Elijah—as if you’re the only one of your kind left and no one is on your side?

Loneliness doesn’t necessarily apply only to our human relationships. It also can mark our relationship with the Lord. If you feel that He has abandoned you, remember that Christ knows what that is. At the cross, the Father turned His back on Him. In His infinite goodness, He was forsaken so that you would never be forsaken. You are not alone because your Savior is always with you.

Insight: From the beginning part of the Bible in Deuteronomy to the latter part in Hebrews, the Lord says, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Sep 2021, 6:17 pm

Sep 19, 2021 at 12:02 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Why Are We Defensive

Why Are We Defensive?

“Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.” Romans 12:17-18

Insight: Isaiah 53

“He never helps around the house,” the wife cries. It begins. “I work a full-time job! What do you expect me to do?” Wait for it… “You should be more grateful for how I provide for the family!” Now the husband has turned the wife’s criticism back upon her, and a fight inevitably ensues. I’ve talked with many a couple for whom this scenario rings true.

Why do we tend to be so thin-skinned when others criticize us? Is there truth to what they’re saying? Are we blind to the pain that might be motivating these critical comments? Do we want to preserve our reputation or a positive image of ourselves?

Even if a comment about you is unfair, what do you hope to gain from defending yourself? The wages of your sin, no matter how small, is death. Christ, the judge, whose opinion matters most, is interceding for you. No one deserved a defense more than Jesus, yet when He was put on trial, He remained silent. He was the sole truly innocent man, yet He died the death of the guilty. His name—not ours—is the one to be exalted.

Insight: The meekness of Jesus should prompt our gratitude, even when we’re criticized. Because of Him, we can seek to live at peace with everyone.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Sep 2021, 10:12 pm

Sep 16, 2021 at 2:14 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Persecution Complex?
Persecution Complex?

“…keeping a clear conscience, so that those who speak maliciously against your good behavior in Christ may be ashamed of their slander.” 1 Peter 3:16

Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 3:13-17

Do some Christians face a soft form of persecution in our society? Most certainly. Maybe you are one of them. Christian business owners sometimes face fines for maintaining their values. Christian students are met with increased harassment and ridicule in schools and universities. Many who despise the gospel mock Christian claims of persecution (though actually there is a hint of truth in what is said).

How should we respond? We have a responsibility to pray for our leaders, to advocate for justice, and to ask that the church be left in peace from government interference. All of this is good and proper.

But frankly, we complain too much. We throw pity parties. This does not earn us sympathy from our unbelieving neighbors; it earns us contempt. We should rejoice in our sufferings, find contentment in Christ, and pray for our enemies. Christ did not revile the accursed cross He bore for us. He was like a lamb led to the slaughter, silent (see Isaiah 53:7). Let’s not revile the crosses we take up as we follow after Him.

Insight: Persecution is no more deadly to us than our own sin is. We can use these hard providences to serve our gracious God.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 Sep 2021, 11:58 pm

Sep 15, 2021 at 12:00 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Bond of Brokenness

Bond of Brokenness

“Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.” 1 Timothy 1:15

Scripture Focus: 1 Timothy 1:12-17
When a person or couples sit in my office they are there for a reason. They turn to the pastor when divorce, abuse, betrayal, etc., torment them. Countless downcast friends have miserably muttered things like, “I’m a mess,” or “I have failed,” or “I can’t seem to ever get things right,” or “I’m broken.” 

Whenever another person expresses something of this sort, it is appropriate to leave a moment for silence. Usually, I break that silence with, “So am I. Let’s talk.” As with all Christian pastors, I am an alien in a largely unbelieving culture, just like you are in the wider culture. Yet we all share something very basic. Perhaps we can call it the “broken bond.” We are all sinners and sufferers. 

This bond is powerful, but it is only a real bond if you own your brokenness and speak truthfully of it. This is what the Apostle Paul did in one of his final letters. He said he was the worst of sinners. No one needed the gospel more than he! Have the same broken and contrite spirit as Paul.

Insight: The whole of Christ is honored before broken people and through broken people. 

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Sep 2021, 8:28 pm

Sep 6, 2021 at 12:46 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Operation Ice Cream
Operation Ice Cream

"The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and discipline."   Proverbs 1:7

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:1-48

Ii is said that at any camp, there are plenty of shenanigans that occur when no campers are present. On their last night, a group of staff guys decided to hike the loop around camp shirtless and shoeless. They would never let the kids do this. But Operation Ice Cream was meant to be a fun disregard of the rules since being sent home wasn't a threat to them. However, in the middle of the hike, one of them saw a huge bison blocking their path. It was a steep hike to go back, too treacherous in the dark, and even more dangerous to approach an adult male bison. 

Suddenly, this nighttime hike without provision didn't seem so wise. God gave us rules out of love. Often, when we decide we know a better way, we end up regretting our disregard for His laws. Ignoring the wisdom of the Bible means reaping the consequences of our choices; just as my friend and my buddies did on that hike. God kept them safe from any serious harm beyond a few stinging cockleburs. With no protective clothing, they bushwhacked thier way around the bison and learned a good lesson that night.

Insight: Often God allows us to learn life lessons the hard way. But He is also faithful to seek out His lost sheep who stray too far.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 05 Sep 2021, 9:30 pm

My friend Ken Schweizer has articulated very well the following concept of the “Rapture” or the “catching away” or what ever you want to call the final removal of the Church from the Earth. I realize not everyone believes in a Pre-Triulation rapture and that is OK. This article makes a great case for Pre-Trib Rapture.
Pastor Michael Inman
Restoration Ministry

Aug 31 
Hi All,

We are eight (8) days away from Rosh Hashanah. Could this Rosh Hashanah be the Holy Feast and Festival when the Father will tell Jesus to go get His bride? It could be!!!!!!!!! I pray it is!!!!!!

If we think that the Lord will fulfill Rosh Hashanah (the Feast of Trumpets) by removing His bride through the Rapture are we ignoring the imminence of the Rapture? It depends on the definition of imminent is. Is it impending, looming, pending, nothing has to happen first or is it prophetically impending, prophetically looming, prophetically pending, nothing prophetically has to happen first? IMO, if we are looking at prophetic events we have to use the later definition.

Col 2:16-17 tells us that the holy Feasts of the Lord are a shadow of things to come. If we just look at the seven Holy feasts of Israel as depicting God's prophetic plan for man's salvation I think we will see the Rapture is imminent, especially if we look at the order God presented them to His people!

16  Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days: Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

1. PASSOVER (Lev 23:5) – Speaks of Redemption. Jesus our Messiah, the Passover Lamb, was slain for our sins on Nisan 14 Passover/ the day of preparation for the High Sabbath. A memorial to suffering and grief.

2. UNLEAVENED BREAD (Lev 23:6-8) – Speaks of sanctification, the second part of the old Passover. Jesus was placed in the tomb on Nisan 15, the first day of Unleavened Bread also known as the festival of Joy of leaving Egypt. Jesus was set apart, His body would NOT decay.

3. FIRSTFRUITS (Lev 23:9-14) – The first Sunday after Passover. It speaks of the Resurrection. Death could not hold Him. On the third day, Jesus rose triumphantly from the grave. It also points to wave-sheaf offering where Jesus offered His blood for our sins.

4. FEAST of WEEKS (Pentecost) (Lev 23:15-22) – Speaks of origination, the passing of God's empowerment torch from the Jews to the emerging Church in His dealings with the world. The coming of the Holy Spirit's indwelling the Church and the New Covenant. It's a bridge between the Old Testament and New Testament.

5. The Feast of Trumpets (Rosh Hashanah) (Lev 23:23-25) – the Day of the Awakening Blast. God transferring the "torch" back to the Jews as He removes the Church and The Holy Spirit through the Rapture,  He will once again empower His saints by The Holy Spirit working through them, but not indwelling them, to deal with the world.

6. Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement") (Lev 23:26-32) – A day to atone for the sins of the past. A day to trust the Messiah's death as payment when they see Him who they pierced or to continue to "work" for goodness. And the priest, who is anointed and consecrated to minister as priest in his father’s place, shall make atonement for those who believe! The judgment entered in the books (Book of Life & Book of Death) is sealed on Yom Kippur, Satan and his followers in the Book of Death are defeated and cast away at the end of the tribulation. (Also see Isaiah 27:12-13)

7. Tabernacles (Millennial) (Lev 23:33-44) – The highlight of the feasts is when God's people enjoy the seven-day Feast of Tabernacles that pictures the coming Millennium. It celebrates the great spiritual harvest that will take place during the Millennium as millions upon millions of people come to understand God's truth and have the opportunity to receive His gift of salvation! Zec 14:16 says, "And it shall come to pass that everyone who is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the Feast of Tabernacles"

As we can see, there are no unfulfilled Holy Feasts that have to be fulfilled before The Feast of Trumpets, Rosh Hashanah the Rapture! The Rapture is imminent according to God's Holy Feast timetable!

YBIC,

Ken

2Ch 7:14 “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.
19  But if ye turn away, and forsake my statutes and my commandments, which I have set before you, and shall go and serve other gods, and worship them;

20  Then will I pluck them up by the roots out of my land which I have given them; and this house, which I have sanctified for my name, will I cast out of my sight, and will make it [to be] a proverb and a byword among all nations."

God

~~ Ken Schweizer ~~

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 31 Aug 2021, 11:29 pm

Aug 31, 2021 at 12:10 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Love and Long-Suffering

Love and Long-Suffering

“If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone.”  Romans 12:18

Insight: Luke 15

Among the most difficult callings as Christians is to be at peace with all mankind. In fact, it seems like an impossible task when we realize that some people (even other Christians) don’t want to be at peace with us. Some of my most significant failures regarding this mandate occurred while I worked at the Catalina Island summer camp

In the earlier days of my Ministry, I thought I had all the right Bible answers and that my interpretations were right because I was catechized. I thought I could articulate a better account of my faith than my peers. This knowledge turned into pride, creating rifts in unity. I needed severe humbling and exposure to true grace. I needed to see more fruit born by Christians from other denominations than by my debate-oriented evangelism.

I am so thankful to the mentors who lovingly bore with me and helped me see the gospel through their example of grace. Will you join me, through love and patience, bearing with others who are in process? We can help them see Jesus’ long-suffering for us.

Scripture Focus: If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, Live at peace with everyone. Romans 12:18

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Aug 2021, 7:07 pm

Aug 30, 2021 at 12:25 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Revelation

Revelation

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. ...Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.”  John 1:1, 3

Scripture Focus: Psalm 104

God’s revelation is manifest in two ways: His natural revelation and His special revelation. His natural revelation can be marveled at by anyone, anywhere. Humanity portrays Him by bearing His image. His handiwork is displayed from the orbits of celestial bodies around the center of the galaxy to the orbits of electrons around the nucleus of atoms. My friend worked as camp naturalist on Florida Island as he described, where the intricacies both in the geology and the biology of the island are almost endless. The sheer number of endemic species found nowhere else on Earth makes this island a playground for scientists, some of whom have dedicated their lives to its study.
However, we have an even more astounding revelation, a special revelation to which all God’s natural revelation points. It’s in His written Word, the source of truth. Dedicating our lives to studying it makes us not only stand in awe, but gives us hope that, when everything turns back to dust at the end of time, we will live in a magnificent new heaven and new earth.

Insight: “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.” John 1:1

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Aug 2021, 10:11 pm

Aug 25, 2021 at 1:24 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Jehovah-Jireh

Jehovah-Jireh

“So he did what the LORD had told him. ...The ravens brought him bread and meat in the morning and bread and meat in the evening, and he drank from the brook.”  1 Kings 17:5-6

Scripture Focus: Psalm 147

Part of his responsibility as camp naturalist was teaching the kindergarten-6th grade children about God’s beautiful creation and fascinating creatures. One of his favorite animals was the octopus. They are the smartest invertebrates, capable of solving complex puzzles while changing color, shape, and texture.

Unfortunately for one group of campers, he was unable to find an octopus. He had spent hours snorkeling and searching for one, to no avail. Before the campers arrived, he was sitting on the shore and took some time to pray, asking God to provide enough teaching material for his sessions. Then, like a scene from a sappy movie, an octopus crawled right out of the surf and onto the beach!

God knows what we need and when we need it. He is Jehovah-Jireh, the One who is faithful to provide. No amount of our own searching is productive; we must first go to God in prayer. Not every want will be met so miraculously as the octopus episode, but when a need arises, we go to God first, trusting whatever His provision will be.

Insight: When we pray for what we want, God is faithful to give us what we need.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Aug 2021, 9:16 pm

Aug 24, 2021 at 1:44 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Hammock Sleeping

Hammock Sleeping

“But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.” Matthew 6:33

Scripture Focus: Colossians 3:1-17 

The guys’ staff bunk situation at the camp where my friend worked was not ideal. He chose a hammock where he could read, stargaze, reflect, and sleep peacefully alone. If you’ve ever tried resting in a hammock, you may wonder how he found it comfortable. Honestly, it took three years to perfect the art of hammock sleeping. Pitch, angle, material, support, line tension and length, center of gravity, adjustment interval, height, knots, and anchor are just a few of the vital components needed to perfectly adjust a hammock for a decent night’s sleep. Without investing the time to adjust the sling, I’d never sleep well. However, the perfect balance left me never wanting to return to a conventional mattress again!

The Christian walk is a bit like that. We must invest time in our relationship with Christ, seek Him. Without prayer and reflection in His Word, we will never be as comfortable with sharing or even admitting our faith to our friends than if we took the time to continually tune our faith. It is work, but the rewards are incalculable.

Insight: Though we may not always be faithful to God, his loving faithfulness to us is undying and ever-present

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 18 Aug 2021, 2:08 pm

Elaine, invest in eternity!

1 Timothy 6:7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out.

The great pyramids of Egypt have become objects of fascination for many involved in the New Age teching. Some think they were built by aliens from outer space. Others say they are containers of cosmic power. All of them are trying to find the great "secret" of the pyramids. What they are, really, are structures of death, exaggerated tombstones, coffins. The pyramids were made for death. They were built to house a dead body, along with the useless riches of it's rotting corpse.

The pyramid holds an important lesson for our lives, however. All the works of our flesh and self-glorification end in waste, destruction, futility and death. Our accomplishments in the flesh might be grand, exalted, and elaborate -- but they're really just a monument to ourselves that have no life within them. If we want death, let's look to the flesh and all the glories of man -- look to the pyramids. But if we want life, we'll only find it by abandoning the flesh, walking in purity and putting our faith in Yeshua (Jesus), the one who gives us abundant life!

Elaine, investments in eternity neither rust nor rot, so let's become wise investors -- investing in the Kingdom! There's so much work to be done!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: Our preferred social media platform is Telegram [ Follow us on Telegram ]. However, we've also set up a unique Facebook page for Worthy News. [ Follow us on Facebook ].

Aug 18, 2021 at 12:46 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Keeping the Faith

Keeping the Faith

“Commit your way to the LORD; trust in Him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.”  Psalm 37:5-6

Scripture Focus: Psalm 5

A solitary white cross on a hill overlooking Gallagher’s Cove is the first welcoming totem encountered when approaching the summer camp where I worked. It beckons further investigation but stands erect on the top of a precipitous sea cliff, preventing a direct approach. An alternate route behind the hill reveals a winding path to the cross. At no point during the hike is the cross visible until you come around a large bush and find yourself on a mountaintop next to it. The climb is long, but the view and peaceful, meditative setting make the journey more than worthwhile.

Christ beckons us to come and follow Him. But if we try to mimic God’s perfection and earn our spot in heaven, we will end up failing miserably as the Israelites did. Instead of scaling the sea cliff and attempting to reach the cross by our own path—falling to our death, for sure!—Christ calls us to a life of abiding in Him. We may have to traverse through twists and turns, but as we keep the faith, we are assured we will arrive in His promised glory.

Insight: Christ calls us to a life of abiding in Him.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 16 Aug 2021, 6:59 pm

Aug 16, 2021 at 1:58 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Land of the Free

Land of the Free

“Because of my chains, most of the brothers in the Lord have been encouraged to speak the word of God more courageously and fearlessly.” Philippians 1:14

Scripture Focus: Luke 21:5-37

The California coastline is rarely visible on the other side of the 26-mile channel between it and Catalina Island. I was fortunate enough on the 4th of July—the United States’ Independence Day—to be blessed with a perfectly clear view that night. I watched from our tranquil cove as every harbor along the coastline exploded in fireworks, joining in the nation’s celebration of our freedom and the bravery of those who have defended it.

Freedom comes at a cost. Many Christians around the world still meet in fear and worship quietly so as to not draw the attention of authoritarian governments. These are the same conditions under which Christ birthed the church. Paul never shunned his imprisonment, but embraced it and bore all the more fruit through it.

Will you join with me in prayer for our imprisoned brothers and sisters, especially as we celebrate our own freedom? Do not simply pray for their release, but pray fervently for their encouragement and that their ministry would multiply in their God-given circumstances.

Insight: Freedom comes at a cost… Jesus paid it all!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Aug 2021, 11:22 pm

Aug 13, 2021 at 12:29 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Casting our Burdens

Casting our Burdens

“Humble yourselves, therefore, under God’s mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.”  1 Peter 5:6-7

Scripture Focus: Romans 6

InterVarsity’s Campus by the Sea is located in Gallagher’s Cove, two miles up the Catalina Island coastline from the Avalon harbor. Accessible only by boat or a half-day hike from Avalon, its secluded nature makes it a sanctuary. With no phone service and no Wi-Fi there, a person disconnects from the bombardment of media and the weight of life. I remember first reaching that cove and feeling free to live in the moment, appreciating the natural beauty and the people around me with no interruptions.

Similarly, it is only after we have been rid of our spiritual loads that we realize how heavy they were. After Christ sets us free, we realize how burdened we were and how welcomed we are in Him to enjoy the promises of His new creation and the hope of His spirit within us. It’s like one of the characters from John Bunyan’s Pilgrim’s Progress who understood how free he was after losing his burden at the foot of the cross. We, too, are free to give our cares to Jesus. We can allow our worship to resound with gratitude for His mercy and grace.

Insight: “Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Peter 5;7

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Aug 2021, 10:08 pm

Topic: +DEV+  Identity in Christ

Identity in Christ

“And he brought him to Jesus. Jesus looked at him and said, ‘You are Simon son of John. You will be called Cephas’ (which, when translated, is Peter).” John 1:42

Scripture Focus: John 1:35-50 

When so much of contemporary Christian culture is focused on being “seeker friendly,” we run the risk of forgetting who is seeking whom. Christ foreknew us and gave us a name even before He created the universe and everything in it. We are only able to come to Him after He first calls us.

On the boat ride to the summer camp where I would be volunteering for the next seven weeks as a camp naturalist, I was given a fitting camp name. “Nature Nate” would become the name called out by any child who wanted to ask a question or share a latest find from the beach or trails. It would not only become my name, but part of my identity, both on and off the island. My years as Nature Nate shaped so much of me, inside and out, that I still identify with my moniker.

Although none of us knows our heavenly name, Jesus knows us personally and has called us to pursue the truths He preached. His faithfulness to us is unwavering, and He will unceasingly pursue us even when we are distracted by the cares and woes of this world.

Insight: Christ’s faithfulness to us is unwavering. He will unceasingly pursue us even when we are distracted by the cares and woes of this world.#

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Aug 2021, 9:01 pm

Aug 11, 2021 at 12:34 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Trepidation or Hope

Trepidation or Hope

“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.” Proverbs 3:5-6

Insight: Exodus 3 & 4:1-14 

Answering a direct calling from God can fill us with fear and trepidation. We can empathize with Moses’ nervous excuses as he attempts to prove to God he is not the right man for the job. Another fearful situation we find ourselves in is not receiving a direct call from God. It can be hard to discern one’s calling when entering adulthood and other major turning points in our lives. Moses tended his father-in-law’s herds until he was nearly 80 years old before God appeared to him.

In 1986 we went home to Missouri after leaving the Army. We then went to California, I did not feel I had received a direct call from the Lord, and I had no idea what lay ahead. But God was faithful that year and protected us, as we need up returning to Missouri. Where we learned many things from the Lord and I received my first Ordination to preach. Looking back, I see how God worked not only through me but in spite of me in many situations, shaping me into who I am today.

Think back to pivotal times when God lovingly pursued you and used your Exodus experiences to bring you to a land flowing with milk and honey.

Scripture Focus: Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. Pro. 3:5-6

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 10 Aug 2021, 10:44 pm

Aug 10, 2021 at 12:35 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Unity in the Spirit

Unity in the Spirit

“Live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.” Ephesians 4:1-3

Scripture Focus: Malachi 2:10–17

Marriage can be our greatest joy or greatest sorrow. But even a peaceful Christian marriage is not intended by God merely for our pleasure and fulfillment. He created the institution so that we might know something about Him and His relationship with us. Christ is the bridegroom, and the church is His bride. So there should be love, intimacy, and passion in our relationship with Him.

Malachi 2 says that it is ultimately the presence of the Spirit that makes marriage unique. “Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his” (vs. 15). In fact, as sinful creatures in a fallen world, we all tend to look after ourselves first and foremost. So any relationship characterized by tenderness, vulnerability, and self-sacrifice must have a portion of the Holy Spirit in it.

When believers and unbelievers alike enjoy happy marriages and friendships, it is by God’s common grace. As Christ’s bride, though, we know the Spirit unites us. We know our own true bridegroom, the One who loved us enough to die rather than live without us.

Insight: Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next