World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 44 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 44 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Coffee Break - Page 36 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Coffee Break

Page 36 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36

Go down

Coffee Break - Page 36 Empty Re: Coffee Break

Post  Admin Thu 24 Jun 2010, 7:43 am

Coffee Break

"Strength In Weakness"

"But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

Are you feeling weak? Do you feel faint? Do you feel as if you just aren't going to make it? Do you feel like you are too weak to stand when you need to be strong and stand? Do you feel like you are ready to cave in to the pressures that are surrounding you? Don't give up, don't give in, don't despair you can be strong and rise above the weakness.

The answer is found in the verse above- "wait upon the Lord". Your strength is found in the Lord, not in your own resources or abilities. Weakness is not a sign of defeat, it just reveals the fact that we are utterly dependent upon the Lord and not on self. In our own strength we will always be weak. But when we draw from His strength, we will be refreshed, renewed, get that "second wind", soar higher, run further and keep on going even when the going gets tough.

If you are experiencing weakness today- regardless of what area it is in- go to the Lord, press into His presence and stay there until you receive the strength that you need to rise up and keep on going. He gave us His promise in the verse above that if we will "wait upon Him" we SHALL... not perhaps, not maybe, not hopefully... renew our strength.

Have a great day. The presence of the Lord is energizing, so wait in His presence until your strength is renewed.

For further reading:
Hebrews 11:11
2 Corinthians 12:9
1 Corinthians 1:25
Ephesians 6:10

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact.
Please remember to give credit to
About the Master's Business Ministry.
Take time to visit our on-line Christian magazine and blogs.
http://livingstonesmagazine.homestead.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Jun 2010, 7:31 am

Coffee Break

"It Doesn't Fit"

"And David girded his sword upon his armour, and he assayed to go; for he had not proved it. And David said unto Saul, I cannot go with these; for I have not proved them. And David put them off him." 1 Samuel 17:39

(I believe that there is a particular word for someone in this morning's devotional.) Like Saul tried to dress David with his own armor, many in the body of Christ are also being "dressed" by someone else. They are trying to change you into "their image". They are trying to make you like themselves or into what they think you should be. They are trying to lead you in the direction that they think you should go.

The word from the Lord this morning is "stop trying to fit in". Stop trying to fit in-- to someone else's ministry, anointing, calling or vision. Stop trying to fit in-- to what I have not called you to. Stop trying to fit in-- to roles that I have not ordained you to be in. Stop trying to fit in-- to places that I have not sent you to.

Too often we will allow someone else to place their own ideas and opinions on us and we will then try to conform to that. We will try to "make it work or fit" when there is no way it can. David could not wear Saul's armor because it was not designed for him. God has not designed someone else's "armor" to fit you. He has designed a plan and purpose that is "well suited" to you.

Allow God to direct your life. Allow Him to do with you what He desires. Find and fulfill His plan not what everyone else or even you think it should be. Don't worry that it doesn't look like you think it should. The norm when going out to battle was to be dressed in armor. David went out to the battlefield with only a sling shot and some stones. But he was victorious where the king and army had not been. Why? Because he let God do the "dressing".

Have a great day. Stop trying to fit in to what others are trying to put on it. Only what God places on you will fit.

For further reading:
1 Samuel 17

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Jun 2010, 11:00 am

Coffee Break

"Missing Altars"

"And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne." Revelation 8:3

Altars have always been important structures/places in all religions throughout history. They were used as places to offer sacrifices. I don't know how many religions still set up altars and actually offer real sacrifices upon them, but perhaps some still do. In Christianity altars aren't used for offering animal sacrifices but they are used as places where prayers are made offering our lives as living sacrifices to God.

This morning I want to ask a question, "Where are the altars?" Over the last several years there has been an alarming rate at the number of missing altars- missing in our churches, missing from our homes, missing from our personal lives. I can remember having time at the altars during every church service. It didn't matter if you had a "need" that you needed to pray about or not, you still went to the altar- the whole church would often make their way to the altars. At the altar lives were changed, prayers were answered, people were touched by the power of God, cleansing of heart, soul and mind took place, joy was restored, bodies were healed, burdens were undone.

Today altars in the church have been removed and replaced. Replaced with "walking the aisle". Replaced with "repeat a prayer pews". Replaced with prayer lines mostly wanting and waiting for someone to do your praying for you. I submit to you that this is one of the reasons why the church appears to be so weak, confused and compromising. You may disagree, but there has to be times of contrition and sacrifice; there have to be times of pouring out your heart and soul to God. And the altar is the place to do just that. Sure one could do their praying at home (and should pray there as well), but sadly, few homes have an altar- and why would they when it is evident in the church that altars aren't important. But there is something powerful about praying at the altar with other believers in God's house.

Revivals are birthed around the altar. Every great movement of God started around an altar. Our salvation was paid for at an altar- the cross. There are some things that can only occur at an altar. In the Book of Revelation we are told that there is even an altar in heaven. So there must be something special and significant about an altar that we have seemed to miss.

Altars are not just physical structures that sit in the front of the church. But the missing physical structure is just symbolic that the true altar of prayer and sacrifice is missing. Is it missing in your life? Do you have an altar- a place where you meet with God on a regular basis and present yourself to Him as a living sacrifice? If not, then you need to restore the missing altar.

Have a great day. If the altar is missing in your life, it needs to be restored.

For further reading:
Revelation 6:9
Romans 12:1

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 19 Jun 2010, 12:20 pm

Coffee Break
"Rejoicing Faith"
"This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24
Did you notice that in this verse there is no provision made to do anything other than rejoice each day? There isn't a footnote tagged on it, there wasn't a "with the exception of" clause added to it, there wasn't allowance or room made to do otherwise. The verse doesn't tell us to rejoice as long as everything is going well; or as long as things are going the way we planned or hoped; as long as nothing bad happens today; as long as no problems arise. It just says, "I will rejoice and be glad".
Is the verse telling us that we won't experience bad things, difficulties, pain or grief? Does it mean that we won't get bad reports, or find ourselves in battles under the attack of the enemy? No, it doesn't. Because the scriptures teach us otherwise. They teach that bad things and tribulations come to the just and unjust and the righteous face afflictions. Why then didn't the verse make allowances to be sad, downcast and complaining during the bad times? Simply because-- the just shall live by faith.
We walk by faith not by sight. What we see, what we hear and what we feel isn't the "final authority". I may lose my job, for example, but am I going to stop rejoicing and get worried, sad, depressed and fearful? No. Why? Because that wasn't a bad thing that happened to me? No, but because the just live by faith. Faith in God who is my provider. Faith that He will meet and supply all my need. Faith that if God feeds the sparrows and clothes the lilies daily, He will certainly take care of me because I am of much more value to Him than a sparrow. I live by faith, which means that I know that somehow, some way, the Lord will work all things together for my good. I live by faith which means I have the confident assurance that He will never leave me nor forsake me but will be with me always- He is not a "fair weather" friend who leaves me when the going gets tough.
There was no provision made in the verse above because there has already been a provision made that will keep your head up and joy in your heart when things aren't always "well". That provision is faith. Absolute trust, confidence and dependency on God. The situations that we face don't change God. He is still the same loving, caring Heavenly Father and provider that He has always been. Therefore, I can rejoice in that unchanging knowledge even in changing situations.
Have a great day. There is no provision made for us to be cast down when bad times come because we live by faith all the time.
For further reading:
Psalm 34:19
Matthew 5:45; 6:25-29
Habakkuk 2:4
Romans 1:17; 8:28
Galatians 3:11
Hebrews 10:38; 13:5
Philippians 4:19
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Jun 2010, 9:26 am

Coffee Break
"Baby Birds"
"The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." John 10:10
I was in my sunroom yesterday afternoon looking out the windows, which looks out over the patio, when not a foot away from me on the other side of the windows I saw a snake slithering up the adjacent wall behind the baker's rack. Shocked by what I saw, I immediately called my husband. He said it was a chicken snake and it was after some baby birds that had hatched in a birdhouse that was on the baker's rack. My husband got the shovel and killed the snake. But sadly, we were too late to save the baby birds- the snake had already devoured them.
As I woke up this morning, the Lord spoke plainly to me about what had happened yesterday. "That old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan" (Rev. 12:9) "slithers" about with one purpose in mind- to steal, kill and destroy. He is seeking to devour the "baby birds" (precious souls) that are out there and he will if we don't reach them in time.
If only we had looked out the window sooner. If only we had been watching. We might could have saved the baby birds from that awful fate. Because souls are at stake we must be continually watching on their behalf. We must be standing in the gap for them by interceding for them in prayer asking God to deliver and save them. We can't sit idly by and let the enemy devour them. We have to be on the look out for satan's manifesting schemes because we are not ignorant of his devices- we know how he operates. We need to be using our God-given authority to snatch them out of the "fire" before it is too late by binding the plans of the enemy and loosening the convicting power of the Holy Spirit to draw them to repentance. We must be using the weapons that God has given us to destroy the enemy's plans. The snake was no match for the shovel- the shovel won. We have been given a weapon also that is more powerful than the enemy- it's the word of God. We must stand upon it in faith, using it to cut him, his schemes and devices asunder.
Those little birds were unaware of the danger. They were helpless and could not fight for themselves. It's the same with lost souls, therefore, it is up to us to watch, stand guard, fight, protect through our prayers, witness to and do all that God empowers us to do to rescue them from the enemy who is out to destroy them. And we must do it consistently in order to reach them before it is too late.
Have a great day. The enemy is out to devour precious souls, therefore, we must keep a watch for them and do all that we can to rescue them before it is too late.
For further reading:
1 Peter 5:8
Jude 1:21-23
Ephesians 6:11-17
2 Corinthians 10:3-5; 2:11
Luke 10:19
Matthew 16:19
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 16 Jun 2010, 12:13 pm

Coffee Break
"Water To Wine"
"Jesus saith unto them, Fill the water pots with water. And they filled them up to the brim." John 2:7
When Jesus puts His hand on something, there is a change that takes place- water becomes wine as at the marriage in Cana. When Jesus is involved, nothing stays the same. The ordinary is changed into the extraordinary. What is weak becomes strong. What is natural becomes supernatural.
When He touches our lives, the same happens. There is a change that takes place in us- or should. We can no longer be the same. We have gone from death to life, from sinner to saint, from outcasts to accepted, from darkness to light.
If Jesus has touched your life there should be something different about you- water and wine are two completely different substances. The purpose of wine at the wedding was to give the guests something to drink- it wasn't intended to sit in a cellar somewhere. There is a purpose for the change and transformation that Jesus desires to do in our lives-- and that change is not always about us. It is about others. It's about others being able to "see" and "taste" something from our lives that will make them sit up on take notice. "When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was: (but the servants which drew the water knew;) the governor of the feast called the bridegroom. And saith unto him, Every man at the beginning doth set forth good wine; and when men have well drunk, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine until now." (Verses 9,10) And when they take notice, it will be Jesus that they see.
We are like those empty clay pots- vessels that hold something and are intended to be filled. Without Jesus we are empty vessels, with Him we are vessels full of water, when we receive the Holy Spirit, we are vessels holding wine. "And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place. And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting. And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost. Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine. For these are not drunken, as ye suppose." (Acts 2:1-4,13,15) These "vessels of water"- those in the Upper Room- were changed into vessels holding wine- the Holy Spirit. The purpose of the Holy Spirit is so that we, Jesus' disciples, can receive power to be His "witnesses" to others and help bring about the transformation process in us. "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." (Acts 1:8)
What do others "taste" from your life? Are they tasting something that will make them take note of Jesus?
Have a great day. Are you an empty vessel? A vessel holding water? A vessel holding wine?
For further reading:
John 2:1-11
2 Corinthians 5:17
Acts 2
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Jun 2010, 8:39 am

Coffee Break

"Doing My Part"

"One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple." Psalm 27:4

The Psalmist said that there was one thing that he desired-- to dwell in the house of the Lord. For him this was not just a mere profession, some cliché️ or empty words, but a deep yearning. He sincerely wanted to dwell in God's presence. Therefore, he did his part to make that happen. David sought after the presence of God. He brought the Ark of the Covenant- the dwelling place of God- into his own courtyard. Then he appointed worshippers, priests and ministers around the Ark twenty-four hours a day.

It's one thing to have a desire for God and the things of God, it's another to do your part in order to have that desire fulfilled. Often we say we want it but never make a move in that direction. We sit back and wait for God to just "drop" it on us. There comes a time when we have to "pursue" what we desire- including the presence of God. The scriptures tell us, "Draw near to God and He will draw near to you". Moses would have missed His destiny if he had not drawn near to the bush when he saw it burning- the place where God's presence was manifesting. Those in the Upper Room on the Day of Pentecost would have missed the glorious baptism in the Holy Spirit if they had not done their part- tarry until His presence came.

Do you desire to dwell in the presence of God? Do you desire intimate fellowship and a close relationship with Him? Then what are you doing to make it happen? It won't happen through slothfulness. It won't happen by sitting back just hoping and waiting for it to happen. It is God's desire for you to dwell in His presence. But you have to "make room", "draw near", "seek after" for it to happen.

Have a great day. Are you doing your part in order to dwell in His presence?

For further reading:
James 4:8
1 Chronicles 16
Luke 24:49
Acts 2:1-3

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 13 Jun 2010, 12:23 pm

Coffee Break
"Fishers Of Men"
"And Jesus said unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you to become fishers of men." Mark 1:17

Have you noticed that it seems like the biggest part of ministry nowadays is to other Christians? We hold crusades, conferences, revivals, special fellowship gatherings primarily to teach, instruct, minister to, help and edify each other. The sermons that are preached, the books that are written by Christian authors, email messages and other publications are all geared to those who are already Christians. I am not saying there is anything wrong with that. We have to receive teaching so that we can grow in our relationship with the Lord and be effective witnesses for His glory. We need encouragement. We need to be edified. As a matter of fact, that is the primary focus of the Coffee Break devotionals and this ministry- to minister to and encourage the Body of Christ.
The point I want to get to is this- while we are so "busy" focusing on and pouring spiritually into each other, what about the lost? As soon as Jesus started His public ministry, He laid out His plan for His disciples to follow: the condition, the call and the commission. "From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand. And Jesus, walking by the sea of Galilee, saw two brethren, Simon called Peter, and Andrew his brother, casting a net into the sea: for they were fishers. And he saith unto them, Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matthew 4:17-19)
The Condition- "Repent". Repentance is the avenue by which we become Christians.
The Call - "Follow Me". After we become a Christian it is no longer about fulfilling our own plans, agenda and desires, but it's about surrendering to His lordship over our lives.
The Commission- "I will make you fishers of men." This is the plan of God for all Christians.
When Jesus called Peter and Andrew to follow Him, He told them that He was giving them a new vocation-- now they would be "fishers of men". The commission hasn't changed. We are to be "fishers of men". I have done some fishing and there are two things involved- the catching of the fish and the cleaning them. It seems to me that we are spending more time "cleaning" the fish that are already caught then we are spending "catching" some new ones. Again, that is not a bad thing, Jesus spent lots of time teaching and training His disciples and we should too. But His whole reason for coming was to "seek and to save that which was lost"-- in other words, "catch fish".
We have been commissioned to get in the "boat" (go ye into all the world) and go "fishing". Have we stopped "fishing"? If you aren't a "fisherman" (of men) then you need to start asking God to help you to become one. There is a sea full of "fish" waiting to be caught.
Have a great day. We are suppose to be "fishers of men"... how many "fish" have you caught lately?
For further reading:
Ephesians 4:11-13
Mark 1:16-18; 16:15
Luke 19:10
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Jun 2010, 9:56 am

"Second Chance"
"It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22,23
I have had a magnet on my refrigerator for years that says, "Thank You, Lord, for granting me this new day in my life, especially since I messed up yesterday so badly." Do you ever feel like that? Do you ever feel like you really made a "mess" of your life yesterday? Do you feel like you "blew it"? Do you wish yesterday had never happened? Do you wish you could wake up and discover that yesterday was only a dream- it wasn't real? Do you wish you could go back and relive yesterday and change some things?
Sure you do. We all have days that we wish had never happened. We all have days that if we could do them over we would do them differently and not make the same mistakes. The reality of it though is that we can't. There are no "time capsules" like there are in the movies that we can get in and travel back in time. Yesterday is yesterday and there is no changing it.
But having said all that, today is a new day and there is something that we can do to stop yesterday from consuming our today and directing our tomorrows. It's called- God's mercy. God's mercies are new every morning. What that means to me is that I have been given a second chance. I have been given another opportunity to "get it right" today. I have been given a new day to do it differently. Today is a clean slate- that's what's awaiting me each morning.
Maybe you did "mess up" yesterday. Maybe you did "blow it". Maybe things did not go according to plans. Maybe you did fail. Maybe you should have done things differently. But you have to let yesterday go- it's past, it's behind you, you can't change it. But today is a new day- a second chance- take it, take advantage of it, thank God for it, and get it right this time.
Have a great day. Yesterday is in the past, today you have been given a second chance.
For further reading:
Psalm 118:24; 103:11,12
Micah 7:19
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Jun 2010, 1:24 pm

"Encroaching On The Light"
"Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house." Matthew 5:15
Yesterday I was trimming back one of the azaleas in my yard when I discovered a solar light hid up in it that I had forgotten was there. The azalea had grown over the light covering it completely from view. I had forgotten it was there because I had not seen its light shining for sometime. As I cut the bush back I thought about how that we tend to allow things to encroach upon our "lights" until they are either dim or don't shine at all.
I had placed a brick border around the azalea as a boundary line for the bush but had not done a very good job of keeping it trimmed back, therefore, it went past the boundary line and consumed the solar light. God's word sets the boundary lines in our lives. When we do not practice it, follow its principles, or obey it, the boundaries are not enforced. For example, when temptation comes and we don't look for the way of escape but rather yield to it, then sin begins to grow and will increase until it consumes our lights. When we don't resist the devil's attacks but succumb to them, then discouragement, depression, anger, bitterness, unforgiveness, etc. will continue to grow until the light in us is covered. When we place other things ahead of God, instead of "having no other gods before Him", then there is no source of power getting to us to keep the light shining.
I can't stop the bush from growing, unless I completely cut it down, but I can keep it under control. There are many things that come into our lives that we can't stop from happening, but we do have control over whether they cover our lights or not. What is encroaching upon your light this morning? What is causing it to be hid under a basket? Is it a besetting sin? Is it pain or hurt that has not been dealt with? Is it unforgiveness that has not been confessed and forsaken? Are you bitter or discouraged? Have you allowed your blessings to turn to pride and arrogance? What is it?
If your light is hidden from clear and plain view, then you need to do the same thing that I did to that azalea- get out the garden shears and start cutting. In your case, get out the word of God and act upon it to "cut back" the encroaching "darkness". Make it your boundary line again by following it and applying it to every situation in life. And do it on a daily basis to keep it from happening again. God's word will keep those things that try to cover and put out your light in check and back where they belong.
Have a great day. Is your light shining? How brightly? Or is something encroaching upon it to hide it from view?
For further reading:
Matthew 5:14-16; 6:22-24
1 Corinthians 10:13
James 4:7
Exodus 20:3
Hebrews 4:12
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Jun 2010, 12:00 pm

"Near The Brokenhearted"
"The LORD is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit." Psalm 34:18
Who hasn't ever suffered a broken heart? We all have at one time or other in our lives. Our hearts have been broken because of the passing of a loved one. Our children have a tendency to break our hearts. A spouse can do it by saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. When we look at the condition of those who are suffering, it can break our hearts. We can even make a bad choice that winds up causing us heartache in the end.
Because a broken heart is something that cannot be seen with the naked eye, many people suffer privately from broken hearts and no one knows it. Perhaps you are suffering from a broken heart this morning. If you are, you are not alone. Your suffering may be hid from others, but it is not hid from the Lord. He sees your broken heart. He sees the pain. He sees the turmoil. And when we say He sees it, He isn't seeing it from a distance. He sees it up-close. "The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart." One version puts it this way, "If your heart is broken, you'll find God right there."
Why did He give us the verse above? To let us know that when we are suffering, when we are hurting, when we are "dying" on the inside, when we ache with pain that isn't detectable with the human eye, but is very real nevertheless, He is right there beside us. He is with you this morning. He is right there. Let Him comfort you. Let Him heal you. Let Him mend and bind up your broken heart. Give the pain to Him. Give the hurt to Him. And remember that you are not alone.
Have a great day. The Lord sees your broken heart and is right there beside you.
For further reading:
Isaiah 61:1
Psalm 147:3

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Jun 2010, 5:57 pm

Coffee Break

"Headship"

"Thine, O LORD is the greatness, and the power, and the glory, and the victory, and the majesty: for all that is in the heaven and in the earth is thine; thine is the kingdom, O LORD, and thou art exalted as head above all." 1 Chronicles 29:11

"Thou art exalted as head above all." Most versions read, "Head over all". Being head over all means headship. The dictionary defines 'headship' as:
the position of head or chief; chief authority; leadership; supremacy.

Where does the Lord, according to the verse above, have the headship? Is it just in the Christian nations? Is it just in the church? Is it just in ministries? Is it just in the Christians? His headship is to be "over all". Is it recognized and accepted everywhere? The answer, of course, is no. It is understandable when it is not accepted in the nations' governments, or secular places of business, entertainment or educational facilities. But when His headship is not accepted in the church, there is something wrong.

Jesus is the Head of the Church... or should be. Are we pushing Him out of this position by our programs? Are we pushing Him out by embracing our own philosophies? Are we pushing Him out by leaning to our own understanding of how this "organization" should be run? Are we pushing Him out by compromising and watering down His word?

Let me take it a step further. Jesus is the Head of each individual believer.... or should be. I have to ask you the same thing. Are you pushing Him out of His rightful position as Head of your life by making your own plans, following your own agenda, directing your own steps, by not acknowledging Him in your decisions? Are you taking the place of "headship" in your own life by sitting in the "driver's seat" and making Him the passenger? In the order of things in your life, who is the servant- you or Him? Do you obey and follow His instructions and commands, or live as if He is the "errand boy" who is there to fulfill all your wants and desires? Are you proceeding with your plans or His plans? (The answer to these questions determine who is the Head of your life.)

The fact is, we are all going to have a "head" that takes the leadership role of our lives. That head is either going to be ourselves or the Lord. If we take the headship role of our own lives, we will die- plan and simple. If we try to take "co-headship" of our lives with the Lord. We wind up with a life of chaos and confusion and will still die. If He takes the headship role in our lives we will live and are truly identified as His children.

Have a great day. Having a "head" is not an option. Who has the "headship" of your life?

For further reading:
Ephesians 1:22; 5:23
Matthew 16:24

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Jun 2010, 11:16 am

Coffee Break

"Behind Bars"

"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound." Isaiah 61:1

"Opening of the prison to them that are bound." There is more than one kind of prisoner. There are those who are literally, physically sitting behind bars. Then there are those who are sitting behind bars that cannot be seen with the naked eye. When we think about those prisoners, we usually think about people who are prisoners of sin- they have not yet received salvation. We also think about those who are bound by some sort of addiction. But there are others who are also prisoners and bound by things that aren't so obvious.

There are people, even Christians, who are sitting in prisons of fear- fear of rejection, fear of peoples' opinions, fear of failure, fear of success. Then there are others who are sitting in prisons of chaos and confusion. They have no direction. They don't know what to do. They have no peace and are living in turmoil. Turmoil brought on by others. Turmoil brought on by unwise decisions. Confusion because they try to live according to their own understanding and guidance. There are also people who are sitting in prisons of bitterness and unforgiveness. They can't let go of what someone did or said about them. They keep rehearsing and rehearsing the thing that was done or said and won't stop dwelling on it. You will also find those who are in prisons of hurt and pain. They were wounded by someone's words or actions and they are still grieving over it.

The difference between these prisoners and those who are sitting behind steel bars is the fact that those who aren't behind the literal bars often don't realize that they are in a prison because they can't "see" it. Are you one of those people? Are you limited in your ability to "move very far"? Are you wondering why you can't make any progress in your life? Do you wonder why you seem to reach only certain levels but can go no further? Perhaps it is because of those "prison bars" that you can't see? Being in prison always limits and confines you to a certain area. It restricts you and refrains you from going very far.

A prisoner who sits behind metal bars has to wait until he has served his time to be release- some will never be because they are serving a life sentence. But those who are sitting behind the bars that aren't seen have already been set free and can leave anytime they are ready. Jesus unlocked all the prison doors when He died on the cross and said, "It is finished". That means you are sitting behind an unlocked door. You are still sitting behind bars that have broken. Jesus already set you free. You have no reason to still be sitting in the prison. Today you can walk out of the prison. How? Confess anything you need to confess before the Lord and accept by faith His freedom.

Have a great day. Why are you still sitting behind a prison door that has already been opened? .

For further reading:
Luke 4:18-21
John 8:36
Galatians 5:1
Romans 8:21

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 30 May 2010, 1:01 pm

C-M Logo1 Keys of the Kingdom IV Coffee Break

Howdy!

If you’ve never had to deal with this thing they call “Shingles” I recommend
you don’t. It isn’t particularly fun. The Doc says it comes from the
Chicken Pox virus I had as a kid. The virus goes dormant in your nervous
system and for most folks never bothers them again. Apparently it tends to
reappear as an adult version of the Chicken Pox in people mostly over the
age of 50 if their immune system is weakened for some reason or their body
is subjected to extreme stress.

Looks like I “qualified” under the “extreme stress” identifier when I went
through a week of extreme activity getting less than three hours of sleep
each night and eating poorly during those days. My bad! The pox “shingles”
appeared as a rash around my waist on the right side only. By the time I
got to the doctor the pain was almost debilitating. He gave me a
prescription for a steroid to deal with the external manifestations but told
me I’d have to really quiet down until the internal eruptions (in the
nerves) quit.

The internal pain has almost ceased except for occasional moments of bursts
of pain which cause the muscles in my back to contract and require
chiropractic adjustments to my lower spine in order to minimize the pain.
My advice to you, if you’ve had chicken pox and you’re over 50 is, Don’t
overdo things physically and put your body under extreme duress. It’ll cost
you!

Meanwhile, Thank God for healing; and thanks to all of you who’ve known
about it and have been praying for me. I’ve only had to deal with this for
a little over two weeks instead of six months like some folks.

Enough of that. Let’s get back to our study and discussion on the Keys of
the Kingdom.

THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM ARE DESIGNED TO RELEASE HEAVEN ON EARTH

In our last Coffee Break, we were talking about Jesus talking to the fig
tree and the disciples expressing utter amazement over Jesus’ authority
being so demonstrated over our natural environment.

What they had forgotten in this instance is the fact that it was the spoken
Word that caused trees to exist in the first place. Since Jesus was the One
who spoke those Creation words in the first place, it shouldn’t have been
surprising that He had the ability to also command them to die.

But the disciples were just beginning to get a grip on the fact that Jesus
WAS that same Word — that He was the Creator! What came forth from Jesus’
mouth was substance: it was faith! Remember how Paul put it when writing
his epistle to the Hebrews?

Hebrews 11:1-3: Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the
evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report.
Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God,
so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.

What came forth from Jesus’ mouth when He spoke to the fig tree was that
kind of evidentiary substance — the substance that produced either creative
life, or the cancelation of life for that tree.

The faith that came forth from Jesus’ mouth was the same creative power that
spoke the world into existence, the same creative breath that He breathed
into Adam and Eve and gave them the ability to speak creatively to the
animals so that they became whatever Adam spoke.

When the animals were brought before Adam “to see what he would call them”
(Genesis 2:19) “whatsoever Adam called (‘qara: pronounced or proclaimed)
every living creature, that was the name (shem: character, makeup, essence,
position [the word shem in Hebrew is identical in every respect to the Greek
onoma) thereof.”

It is vitally important that we understand just how important the words of
our mouth are. The Keys of the Kingdom — authority and power — are turned,
activated, and put into force by the words of our mouth.

Let me say that again.

The Keys of the Kingdom depend entirely upon our speaking in order for them
to unlock or lock Heaven’s resources. How we use the words of our mouth
directly controls the use of the keys.

IT TAKES WORDS -- SPEAKING OUT LOUD -- TO RELEASE HEAVEN'S RESOURCES

If we speak the Word of God — not simply the logos, but the rhema — as we
hear it from the Lord, there will be direct results produced.

Similarly, if we speak contrary to the Word of God, we use something that
was specifically designed by the Lord to activate the Kingdom to further a
personal agenda, or to advocate for the desires and lusts of our flesh; and
in so doing suffer personally because of it.

We’ve sort of beat around the bush to get there, but let’s take a look now
at what Jesus actually said to the disciples following their reaction to the
drying up of the fig tree.

Mark 11:22-26: And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have (echô: possess,
retain, hold onto, keep) [the] faith [of] in God. For verily I say unto
you, That whosoever shall say unto (epô: command, call, declare, decree)
this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not
doubt (diakrino: oppose, hesitate, discriminate, waver) in his heart, but
shall believe (pisteuo: have faith in, to entrust fully) that those things
which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have (esomai: will be)
whatsoever he saith.

Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray
(proseuchomai: request or require in the covenant), believe (pisteuo) that
ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying, forgive
(aphiemi: remit, dissolve, cause to cease to exist), if ye have ought
against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your
trespasses (paraptoma: side slip, lapse in judgment, error—intentional or
unintentional, sin). But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father
which is in heaven forgive (aphiemi) your trespasses.

It takes agape to do that. It takes agape-activated and energized faith to
dissolve, to banish, to erase the faults and offenses of others. This,
folks, is the primary — the first and greatest — use of the Keys of the
Kingdom.

The remitting of others’ sins, offenses or debts towards you is a
demonstration of the life within the Kingdom of Heaven. We extend the
Kingdom to those we forgive. Grace is on display. Agape is on display.
Jesus is being manifested and demonstrated.

Once again, let me emphasize the fact that this forgiveness — this
remission/erasure — of sin is not simply something you think in your mind.
It takes more than simply thinking “I forgive you” to make it effective and
enforced. Those words must come out of your mouth. The actual substance of
forgiveness is the faith of God.

There is nothing silent about faith, just as there is nothing silent about
agape. Words — Jesus-filled words — must come forth audibly so that the
recipient of forgiveness receives the faith to believe he or she is
forgiven.

Here’s how the apostle Paul put it:

Romans 10:17: So then faith cometh by hearing (akoe), and hearing by the
word (rhema) of God.

A person must hear the Word before faith can be activated.

The ability to hear with faith — with revelation — is released by the
utterance: the rhema: the directly spoken Word of God.

Nothing — absolutely nothing — exists in this world today that did not come
into being before words were spoken. Creative power is released with
audible words.

By the same token destructive power is released with audible words.

We won’t spend a lot of time on this aspect because I want to at least lay
the foundation today for a different realm of words (keys which release and
unlock Heaven’s authority and power in a completely different dimension) but
the concept of “binding” — withholding, locking up, restricting or stopping
— also requires speaking out loud.

Take a quick look at an illustrative event in Jesus’ ministry.

Matthew 12:22-32: Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil,
blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both
spake and saw. And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the
son of David? But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth
not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. And Jesus
knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against
itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against
itself shall not stand: And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against
himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? And if I by Beelzebub cast out
devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your
judges.

But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is
come unto you. Or else how can one enter into a strong man’s house, and
spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil
his house. He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not
with me scattereth abroad. Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and
blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy
Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. And whosoever speaketh a word against
the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the
Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in
the world to come.

Here is an instance in which the Pharisees were directly challenging Jesus’
authority to heal, to deliver, or to forgive. They questioned His status as
THE Son of God, and because of their religious legalism, felt that there was
no way Jesus could possibly do what He was doing except by demonic power.
As a result, they accused Jesus of casting out demons using Satan’s power.
What the Pharisees failed to recognize was that Jesus not only had power —
the power that cast out the evil spirits that caused the young man to be
both blind and dumb — He had authority — the Authority of Father with the
full backing of Heaven’s hosts.

LOCKING UP SATAN IN ORDER TO RELEASE HEAVEN'S RESOURCES

Heaven’s resources include sight and speech. Those resources had been
stolen from this young man by the thief. One of the things Jesus had spoken
when His ministry began was:

John 10:10: The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to
destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it
more abundantly.

Jesus made it clear that any loss that people suffer is because of the
thief, and that included sight, hearing, speech, or the loss of the proper
and designed use of any organ of the human body.

When He said, “I am come that they might have life, and that they might have
it more abundantly,” He was saying that He came to restore the full benefits
of the Kingdom of God — the Kingdom of Heaven. The Amplified Version puts
it like this:

“I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance — to the
full, till it overflows.”

He came to restore access to a Garden of Eden lifestyle. But that access
would come by eating of the Tree of Life, and not the Tree of the Knowledge
of Good and Evil.

The Pharisees accused Jesus of using Satan’s power (“by Beelzebub, the
prince of devils”) to cast out the evil spirits that withheld the man’s
sight and speech.

So Jesus made it clear that the authority to cast out evil spirits — one of
the uses of the Keys of the Kingdom — was demonstrated by binding Satan —
restraining him, withholding his power and locking him out of his place
where he tormented this man.

Jesus likewise made it clear that Satan does not bind Satan; else Satan’s
house will fall. Satan — as the strongman (ischuros: one who applies force;
also means one who is boisterous — a loudmouth) uses both words and force to
keep people in chains.

Most believers have not built themselves up in the Holy Ghost sufficiently
to exercise power over Satan. Jesus, therefore, put it like this:

Luke 10:19-20: Behold, I give unto you (exousia) authority to tread on
serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing
shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the
spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are
written in heaven.

That authority is a part of the use of the Keys of the Kingdom. It is the
authority to overcome the power of the Enemy and set people free!

In our next Coffee Break we’ll pick up on Jesus’ command for forgiveness –
let’s make that “remission” instead. Forgiveness and Remission are
fundamental to the use of the Keys of the Kingdom as we shall see – and
we’re not just talking about forgiving those who’ve hurt you or offended you
personally!

Be blessed!

Signature-1

Regner A. Capener
CAPENER MINISTRIES
RIVER WORSHIP CENTER
455 North River Road
Prosser, Washington 99350-6554
(509) 781-6099

All Coffee Break articles are copyright by Regner A. Capener, but
authorization for reprinting, reposting, copying or re-use, in whole or in
part, is granted – provided proper attribution and this notice are included
intact. Older Coffee Break archives are now available at
http://regnersrangers.multiply.com/journal/ and are being slowly added at
http://www.AnotherCoffeeBreak.com. Coffee Break articles are normally
published weekly.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 29 May 2010, 8:32 pm

Coffee Break
"Following To The Cross"
"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." Matthew 16:24

When Jesus called His disciples to follow Him, they each left something behind in order to do so. Peter left his fishing nets, James and John left their father, Matthew left his position as tax collector. They followed Him for three years. They followed the miracles. They followed His teachings. They followed with the crowds. They followed Him into the cities, by the seashore and through the desert. But when they got to the cross- to the place of crucifixion- they didn't follow Him. Instead they turned and fled. "And they all forsook him, and fled." (Mark 14:50)
Jesus whole life on earth was headed in one direction- to the cross. He was on a journey from the manger to Calvary. When He invited the disciples to follow Him, He knew He was going to the the cross and as long as they followed Him they would wind up there too.
Many nowadays are like the disciples- they follow Jesus' miracles. They follow His blessings. They follow Him for what He can do for them and give them. But like those original disciples, they too stop following at the cross.
Most Christians, like the disciples, don't realize that Jesus is leading them "to the cross" and the place of crucifixion- although He told us that when we chose to follow Him. "Take up your cross." There is only one thing that you can do with a cross once it is taken up if you are truly following Jesus- die on it!
This death on the "cross" doesn't necessarily mean literally- as in the death of a martyr, although it might. But the cross is a place of crucifixion of self. It is the place where flesh dies. Every one who is following in the steps of Jesus is heading in the same direction He was headed. Every follower of Jesus is being led to the place of the cross in his or her own individual life. The goal He has planned for us is the cross- not so that we can be the Savior of the world as He was. But so that our flesh can die and His life can be manifested through us. "I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." (Galatians 2:20)
Have a great day. Many follow Jesus' miracles and blessings, but they stop following at the cross. How far and to where will you follow Him?
For further reading:
Matthew 4:19-21; 9:9; 10:38
John 18:37
2 Corinthians 4:10,11
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 May 2010, 1:06 pm

Coffee Break
"Ask For Directions"
"In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:6
Have you ever been driving and realized that you were lost? Getting lost is something that isn't too difficult to do. It happens when we aren't familiar with the area. It happens when we don't pay attention to the directions, when we lose the map, when the GPS isn't working or we are involved in something else not paying attention and miss our turn. As I said getting lost isn't always difficult, but finding our way on the right path can be-- especially if we aren't willing to ask for directions.
Have you ever been riding with someone and discovered that you were lost but they would not stop and ask for directions? Men seem to be the brunt of a joke about not stopping to ask for directions. (Most husbands would rather stay lost then admit that they are lost and have to stop to ask someone for directions.)
I have a feeling that all of us have this same attitude when it comes to asking God for directions. We sometimes get "lost". We don't know which direction to go. We don't know the right decision to make. We seem to be at a loss about what to do next or how to handle certain situations that have risen up in our lives. Often we neglect going to God because we think we can handle it, we know what to do, we can find our way and know how to make the best decision. Some continue going in the wrong direction a whole life time because they think that eventually if they just keep on "driving" they will wind up where they are suppose to be. So often we wait to go to God for guidance and direction as a last resort after we have taken the wrong turn too many times. Or we finally go to Him for directions after we have become frustrated and confused and don't know "where we are".
When you get lost traveling, you can waste a lot of time going in the wrong direction if you don't stop and ask for directions. You can also wind up miles away from your intended destination. If we don't have good, clear directions from the Lord we can do the same- waste lots of time (instead of redeeming it) and we can find ourselves so far away from His intended purpose for us.
Have a great day. Whatever stops you or hinders you from asking God for directions, put it aside. Without His direction you will can get lost and stay lost.
For further reading:
Matthew 7:7,8
Isaiah 55:6
Ephesians 5:16,17
Jeremiah 10:23
Psalm 78:14
<>< <>< <><
About the Master's Business Ministry,
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 May 2010, 12:42 pm

Coffee Break
"Get Dressed"
"And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself." Genesis 3:10
I am up a little earlier this morning because I have to leave the house earlier than usual. Therefore, I have to give myself extra time to get dressed. When I say I have to get "dressed", I am not just talking about dressing my physical man, I am also talking about dressing my spiritual man as well. I would not leave my house this morning, or any other morning, without putting on some clothes. I would not go out in public naked. Yet so many Christians are walking around naked each day not having taken the time to "get dressed" spiritually.
They stay in bed until the very last minute and give themselves just enough time to slip on their clothes, perhaps drink a cup of coffee and then it is out the door they go.

Don't they realize they are "naked" because they have not taken the time to dress themselves spiritually. They have not taken the time to put on the full armor of God. They aren't dressed with the garment of praise because they didn't take the time to do so. They haven't clothed themselves with God's word. They haven't dressed themselves through prayer or by coming into God's presence.
Why is it that we think getting our bodies dressed is the only thing that matters before we go out into the world- to our jobs, to school, to take care of business, to perform daily activities? Why isn't it as important to us to get our spirit man dressed so that we are prepared for what may come our way? Why do we think that it is all right to stand "naked" before our adversary allowing him to see our weaknesses or vulnerable areas because they have not been "covered up"? No wonder we have no defense when the enemy comes against. He has no problem finding a target area to attack us in- we are naked, he can "see it all".
Does that describe you this morning? You jump up out of bed, put on your clothes, then it's out the door? Not only can the enemy see you are "naked", but everyone else can tell you are too. They can tell because you don't have joy to share with them, you don't have a word of encouragement at the right time, your light isn't as bright and you don't seem to have any "saltiness". Getting "dressed" not only covers us so the enemy can't find an easy target, but it also prepares us to do the work we need to do that day because it takes away that uncomfortable, uneasy feeling you have when you are setting there naked.
You wouldn't dream of going to work naked. Yet you will go to work "spiritually naked" because you didn't think taking the time to get dressed spiritually was important.
Have a great day. Have you gotten dressed today- spiritually as well as physically?
For further reading:
Isaiah 61:3
Ephesians 6:11-13
Matthew 5:13,14
Genesis 3:7-10

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 17 May 2010, 9:51 am

1. ANOTHER COFFEE BREAK: KEYS OF THE KINGDOM III
Posted by: "Regner Capener"

C-M Logo1 Keys of the Kingdom III Coffee Break
Good Morning, Good Morning, Good Morning!
This is the third in this series of discussions on the Keys of the Kingdom.
Obviously we've touched a nerve with some folks who've been stuck with the
man-made tradition of Peter being the One in whom Jesus invested the Keys of
the Kingdom, and that is a man-made doctrine which entered the body of
Christ many hundreds of years after Peter had long since gone to be with the
Lord. There is absolutely no record of this teaching during the early
centuries and the writings of the early apostolic fathers.
I'm not trying to start up a religious argument on this issue. Rather I'm
trying to demonstrate that this authority and power has been given to each
of us so that the Glory of the Lord can be revealed.
PROCEDURES REQUIRED BEFORE BINDING OR LOOSENING
Let's come back to the picture of "binding and loosening."
If all efforts to bring peace and reconciliation fail, whether individually,
with two or more other brothers or sisters in the Lord, or - finally - with
the counsel and admonition of the whole body of believers, THEN you exercise
the power of binding and loosening.
Every effort has been made to see that this individual's sins have been
erased, forgiven, remitted. Yet they have clung fast and hung onto their
sin with force and strength, refusing to hear or respond to the truth - even
in the mouths of many witnesses.
Now Jesus says, "If he refuses to hear the body - the Ekklesia - let him be
as one who is a heathen (one totally outside the body of Christ) and a
publican."
This term, "publican" generally refers to a tax collector, but in this
instance Jesus is using the term metaphorically to describe someone who only
does or responds to circumstances according to the way it profits him and
his pocketbook personally.
Now the events have unfolded to such an extent that Jesus says, "Whatever
you bind on earth shall be, having been bound in Heaven - and whatever you
loose on earth shall be, having been loosed in Heaven."
Again, we put it like this: "Whatever you lock up and restrain on earth
[from having access to Heaven's resources] shall be because I have already
predetermined that to be so in Heaven. By the same token, whatever you
break up, loose [in terms of Heaven's resources], dissolve [barriers] or put
off on earth shall be, having already been broken up, loosed, dissolved or
put off in Heaven."
Are you seeing the picture?
The Keys of the Kingdom are just that: keys which function within and from
the realm of the Spirit. They are placed within our use so that we can
enforce the authority of the Kingdom on earth. These keys - authority and
power - lock and unlock Heaven's resources at Father's direction, and they
have been made available to us through and by the Lord Jesus Christ.
We come back to the picture of God's character, makeup, personality - the
essence of Who He is: in other words, His Onoma!
AGAPE: THE AUTHORITY AND POWER FOR USING THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM
At River Worship Center we've gone through a study of the Seven Spirits of
God and how they operate, but let me sum it up like this: the sum and
substance of Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit is Agape. Sometimes I struggle
to use the word "love" in conjunction with this because our earthly concepts
of love are so distorted and misapplied.
Agape is purposed. It is deliberate. It has a goal and objective to have a
family of God-created, God-image and likeness beings who are interwoven in a
relationship of intimacy, authority, power, grace, hope, and faith.
When we use the word "love" in our societal realm and understanding, we
can't mentally associate judgment, discipline and absolute penalty with our
concept of love. Agape is the force behind Creation. It is the force
behind judgment. It is the authority and power behind the complete
rejection of all who refuse and reject the extended hand of love, mercy,
forgiveness, remittance and cancellation of death, cancellation of the curse
of the Law, and the ultimate price that Jesus paid to secure His family.
I'll say that again: Agape is the authority and power that enforces the
rejection of all who refuse to acknowledge and receive the Lord Jesus
Christ, His Lordship and authority in their lives.
Please don't take offense at the way I'm phrasing this. It is deliberate.
We have a very sloppy, man-made, humanistic concept of "love" and we try to
make agape fit within our framework of love. It simply won't work.
The love of God - agape - transcends all human understanding. It doesn't
work like human love. Neither does it get mushy and filled with human
compassion when it comes to things like judgment, Hell, the Lake of Fire or
eternal torment.
Human compassion - were it allowed to become the measure by which we
understand agape - would contaminate the process, and the Family of God
would be filled with folks who simply aren't willing to meet God's
conditions on His terms.
I've gotten somewhat sidetracked from what I started out to emphasize, so
let me return to Paul's statement to the Galatians:
Galatians 5:6: For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth anything,
nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by agape.
Understand? Let's wrap today's discussion with a sequential picture.
God is agape.
Faith works by agape.
Without faith, we cannot please God.
Without faith, the Keys of the Kingdom cannot be used to lock or unlock
Heaven's resources.
Without the use of the Keys of the Kingdom, Earth cannot be restored to its
Heavenly state!
Ephesians 3:14-19: For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our
Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be
strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may
dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love --
agape, May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and
length, and depth, and height; And to know the love -- agape -- of Christ,
which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of
God.
HOW THE KEYS OF THE KINGDOM OF GOD WORK
The sum and substance of Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit is Agape. Sometimes I
struggle to use the word "love" in conjunction with this because our earthly
concepts of love are so distorted and misapplied.
Agape is purposed. It is disciplined. It is deliberate. It has a goal and
objective to have a family of God-created, God-image and likeness beings who
are interwoven in a relationship of intimacy, authority, power, grace, hope,
and faith.
When we use the word "love" in our societal realm and understanding, we
can't mentally associate judgment, discipline and absolute penalty with our
concept of love.
During the "Charismatic Renewal" there was a real effort to teach and
explain agape, but the application of it became seriously flawed. What came
out of the application was what we've come to call "sloppy agape." "Sloppy
agape" was a mushy, "God loves you just like you are" misguided effort to
convince people to come to Jesus. By adding "just like you are," it created
an environment in which the "Jesus Movement" flourished.
There were good things about the "Jesus Movement." There were bad things
about it - missing was the necessity of discipline and the necessity of a
disciplined walk if Jesus was going to receive His inheritance in them.
Left out of the "God loves you just like you are" picture was the fact that
a person can't become a disciple of Christ and remain "just like you are."
Change is mandated - change brought on by responding to the Holy Spirit.
Agape is the force behind Creation. It is the force behind judgment. It is
the authority and power behind the complete rejection of all who refuse and
reject the extended hand of love, mercy, forgiveness, remittance and
cancelation of death, cancelation of the curse of the Law, and the ultimate
price that Jesus paid to secure His family.
I'll say that again: Agape is the authority and power that enforces the
rejection of all who refuse to acknowledge and receive the Lord Jesus
Christ, His Lordship and authority in their lives. Please don't take
offense at the way I'm phrasing this. It is deliberate. We have a very
sloppy, man-made, humanistic concept of "love" and we try to make agape fit
within our framework of love. It simply won't work.
The love of God - agape - transcends all human understanding. It doesn't
work like human love. Neither does it get mushy and filled with human
compassion when it comes to things like judgment, Hell, the Lake of Fire or
eternal torment. Human compassion - were it allowed to become the measure
by which we understand agape - would contaminate the process, and the Family
of God would be filled with folks who simply aren't willing to meet God's
conditions on His terms.
Before we go too far down this road, let's take a quick look at something
that the apostle Peter wrote:
II Peter 3:9-10 (RAC Amplified): The Lord does not delay or slow down the
giving of His promises in the same way that some consider appropriate, but
patiently endures and is forbearing towards us, not desiring or deliberately
purposing our destruction, rather wanting instead that all come to
repentance; But - nevertheless - [be warned:] the day [and appearing] of
the Lord shall arrive suddenly in the same way a thief appears, snatches and
vanishes in the middle of the night, in which the heavens with rushing and
crashing noise will vanish and perish, and the very elements of the earth
will ignite, burning, melting, and dissolving away with the earth itself.
In that same instant all the fruits of man's labors will burn to the ground
- reduced to ashes.
This may seem a totally unrelated Scripture, so let's draw the picture.
We're still talking about agape.
Agape does not purpose destruction: rather it is patient and longsuffering
(see I Corinthians 13:4), NOT rejoicing in others' infirmities or their
failures.
The Lord isn't looking for or purposing the destruction of those who don't
come to Him acknowledging Him as Lord. Rather, He extends Himself toward
those who reject Him. He waits and waits and waits for them to respond.
Nevertheless, a day of destruction lies in wait for all who reject Jesus
Christ; and He has warned, is warning, and will warn - until the Day of the
Lord - that the end of those who reject Him is total annihilation.
Agape does not desire that; and so agape warns and warns and warns of coming
destruction in the heart-felt desire of the Lord that all will come to
repentance.
AGAPE: THE REQUIREMENT FOR FAITH TO WORK
I've gotten somewhat sidetracked from what I started out to emphasize, so
let me return to Paul's statement to the Galatians:
Understand?
God is agape.
Faith works by agape.
Without faith - that faith which is motivated and energized by agape - we
cannot please God.
Without faith, the Keys of the Kingdom cannot be used to lock or unlock
Heaven's resources.
Without the use of the Keys of the Kingdom, Earth cannot be restored to its
Heavenly state!
We have already noted how the Keys of the Kingdom are authority and power.
Neither of these keys works without a revelation of the person and nature of
Jesus Christ. Neither of these keys will unlock (nor lock up) Heaven's
resources without agape being the motivating and compelling force.
Agape is Father's agenda.
Agape is Jesus' agenda.
Agape is Holy Spirit's agenda.
Everything in God's economy flows from agape. By the same token, it
requires faith to turn the Keys of the Kingdom to unlock Heaven's resources
or to lock them up. As we have already noted from Paul's letter to the
Galatians:
Before we get into some of the ways that these Keys of the Kingdom work,
let's first make sure were all on the same page where faith is concerned.
The KJV translates the word "faith" three times from the OT Hebrew (although
it actually exists more often than that) 'aman and its derivative, 'emun.
The principal difference in the two words is in the tense in which it
occurs, but they are essentially the same in meaning.
The Hebrew 'aman represents: firmness, substance, to build up and support,
to render, and to be trustworthy and permanent.
Deuteronomy 32:20 and Habakkuk 2:4 are classic examples of the use of this
word in the OT.
In the first instance, the Lord rebukes Israel for its lack of faith. You
see a clear picture here of just how critically important Father sees the
need for faith in His people.
Deuteronomy 32:20-22: And he said, I will hide my face from them, I will
see what their end shall be: for they are a very froward generation,
children in whom is no faith. They have moved me to jealousy with that which
is not God; they have provoked me to anger with their vanities: and I will
move them to jealousy with those which are not a people; I will provoke them
to anger with a foolish nation. For a fire is kindled in mine anger, and
shall burn unto the lowest hell, and shall consume the earth with her
increase, and set on fire the foundations of the mountains.

The next OT example comes in Habakkuk's prophecy when he declares the Word
of the Lord:
Habakkuk 2:4: Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him:
but the just shall live by his faith.
Both Old Testament uses of the word "faith" are parallel in meaning to the
New Testament Greek pisteuo and pistis.
One of the most quoted verses in Scripture dealing with faith is in Jesus'
statement to the disciples when they see and experience the event where the
fig tree dries up from the roots literally overnight. The disciples express
amazement over Jesus' authority over the natural environment, and ability to
speak to the tree with such effectiveness that the tree dies as a result of
His Word.
What they forget in this instance is the fact that it was the spoken Word
that caused trees to exist in the first place. Since Jesus was the One who
spoke those Creation words in the first place, it should not be surprising
that He had the ability to also command them to die. But the disciples were
just beginning to get a grip on the fact that Jesus WAS that same Word -
that He was the Creator!
We've still got a long ways to go on this, so let's stop here and we'll pick
it up in our next Coffee Break.
Be blessed!
Signature-1
Regner A. Capener
CAPENER MINISTRIES
RIVER WORSHIP CENTER
455 North River Road
(509) 781-6099
part, is granted - provided proper attribution and this notice are included
published weekly.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 16 May 2010, 12:41 pm

Coffee Break
"One On One Encounter"

"And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment." Matthew 9:20
You all know the story of this woman with the issue of blood. She had the disease for twelve years. She went to doctor after doctor and could not be healed. She spent all her money seeking a cure and still found none. It wasn't until she had a personal, one on one, encounter with Jesus that she was healed and delivered from her disease.
There are some things that we need in our life that we just can't get from anywhere or anyone else except Jesus. We can't get it from the doctors, from relationships, our monies can't buy it, we can't find it in a recovery program, through self help seminars, through church membership, through counseling or through any other source of man. This woman put her hope in the medical field and they let her down. She put her confidence in her finances to provide a way, but they ran out. It wasn't until she got close to Jesus and had a personal encounter with Him that she received her healing, deliverance and her life back.
Whatever it is that you need this morning, stop looking to man or this world's resources to meet the need. There are some things that are impossible to receive anywhere else except through Jesus. Man can't give you peace; they can't deliver you; they can't heal you; they can't give you salvation or abundant life; they can't give you rest, joy or strength. Only Jesus can do this and He does it through a one on one, personal encounter with Him. So draw close and near to Him. Press into His presence and don't stop short until you have touched His "hem" and heard Him say, "Daughter/Son". That's the place where your need will be met.
Have a great day. Some things that we need can only be received through a one on one encounter with Jesus.
For further reading:
Matthew 9:20-22
Philippians 4:19
Mark 10:27
James 4:8
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 May 2010, 10:38 am

Keys of the Kingdom II Coffee Break

Greetings, Salutations and Blessings!

How're you doin' this fine day? Best day of your life, right? Yup. That's
what I thought.

Coffee's on. This morning's blend is Double-Roasted French, Columbian and
Dark-Roasted Peruvian. A bit different from my usual blends but the
Peruvian was recommended to me by someone who thought it would make a good
mix. Not bad. Not bad.

I used to think I really understood the Keys of the Kingdom, but as
revelation from the Holy Spirit has continued to unfold, I've come to
realize that most Christians really don't have the foggiest concept of what
the authority and power of the Lord Jesus Christ operating in us is really
for. Today's discussion centers around the difference between forgiveness
and remission of sin.

BEING THE BODY OF CHRIST

Matthew 16:13-19: When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he
asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? And
they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others,
Jeremias, or one of the prophets. He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I
am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the
living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon
Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father
which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon
this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail
against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and
whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever
thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

And once again, here's the true sense of what Jesus said - taken from the
Greek text:

"Blessed are you, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood has not revealed it
unto you [this didn't come out of carnal, human thinking]; this revelation
came directly to you from My Father which is in Heaven. I declare to you
that from this day your onoma has been changed. No longer are you Simon
[the one who hears] who is the son of Jona; you are Petros - a piece of the
Rock (Petra) - and it is upon that rock (of which you are a part) that I
will build my Ekklesia - my called out and chosen and prepared body of
people; And the gates of Hell [all the powers and governance of Hell] will
not ever overpower or prevail in battle against it [my Ekklesia].

"And I will give you the authority and power to lock and unlock Heaven so
what whatever you bind, restrict or stop on earth shall be, having been
already bound, restricted or stopped in Heaven. And whatever you break up,
loose, dissolve or put off on earth shall be, having already been broken up,
loosed, dissolved or put off in Heaven.

Before we get into the use of these keys - authority and power - let's first
look at two other scriptures - the first being something that Jesus said,
and the second coming from the apostle Paul.

Mark 11:24-26: Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when
ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye
stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also
which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not
forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your
trespasses.

II Corinthians 2:7-11: So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him,
and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with
overmuch sorrow. Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love
toward him. For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of
you, whether ye be obedient in all things. To whom ye forgive any thing, I
forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your
sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ; Lest Satan should get an
advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.

THE AUTHORITY TO FORGIVE IS THE FIRST USE OF THE KEYS!

First, it is important to note that the exercise of the Key of Forgiveness
precedes and supersedes even displays of faith. Because it takes agape love
in action to remit sin and extend the grace of God to those we would
normally not consider "deserving," the use of this Key of the Kingdom -
forgiveness - must first be used before faith can work.

Miracles follow forgiveness - not the other way around. Notice how Jesus
did it and how the Pharisees with their religious attitudes failed to
comprehend the necessity of forgiveness.

Luke 5:17-25: And when he saw their faith, he said unto him, Man, thy sins
are forgiven thee. And the scribes and the Pharisees began to reason,
saying, Who is this which speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive sins, but
God alone? But when Jesus perceived their thoughts, he answering said unto
them, What reason ye in your hearts? Whether is easier, to say, Thy sins be
forgiven thee; or to say, Rise up and walk? But that ye may know that the
Son of man hath power upon earth to forgive sins, (he said unto the sick of
the palsy,) I say unto thee, Arise, and take up thy couch, and go into thine
house.

Before we get too far along, let's look at one more statement by Paul, and
then lets clarify some definitions.

Galatians 5:6: For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing,
nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.

One of things that create confusion is the seeming inter-changeable use of
the words, "forgive, forgiveness, remit and remission."

The word "forgive" - when it is applied properly in our English texts from
the Greek comes from a word we normally associate with "grace," and that
word is charis. The word, charis, though normally translated "grace,"
actually signifies: favor, graciousness, to be made acceptable, the joy of
liberality.

The counterpart or derivative to this word - charizomai - means: to extend
grace and pardon towards someone, particularly one who has done nothing to
earn or deserve such pardon. While charizomai denotes the extension of
unmerited forgiveness - it does not include (at least from its true sense in
Greek) the erasure of accountability and/or penalty for the offending act.

The word, remit and its derivative, remission, are a translation from the
Greek, aphesis, which in turn comes from the word: aphiemi. The word,
aphesis, means: freedom, total pardon, deliverance; whereas aphiemi denotes
the total erasure of something. In a more literal sense, it means: to send
something away, to omit, to leave alone, to act as though it (the offense)
never existed.

Both charizomai and aphiemi can be translated "to forgive," but there is a
significant difference.

I'm sure you can and are seeing the difference.

REMISSION IS UNCONDITIONAL FORGIVENESS AND RELEASE!

Forgiveness (charizomai) is pardon and grace extended towards one who has
sinned or offended without removing the accountability for it.

Remission (aphiemi) is both forgiveness and the total erasure of the sin or
offending event - such that both the offense and the penalty cease to exist.

Although we almost universally see the word, "forgive" used throughout the
Gospels - and especially in Jesus' teaching and preaching, in every single
instance, the word aphiemi (remit) is used.

When Jesus was speaking to the disciples following the incident in which the
fig tree dried up from the roots and said to them, "Whenever you pray and
ask Father for something, believe that you receive and you will have it," He
immediately followed it by saying, "and when you stand praying, remit -
erase completely - any offense, if you have some unforgiveness towards
someone for some wrong committed towards you, so that your Father also which
is in Heaven may remit your sins or lapses in judgment or willful
transgressions against Him."

Pretty strong, don't you think? How about this one!

Matthew 6:14-15: For if ye forgive (aphiemi: remit) men their trespasses
(paraptoma: side-slips, accidental or deliberate), your heavenly Father will
also forgive (aphiemi) you: But if ye forgive not men their trespasses,
neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

And then Jesus says it again!

Matthew 18:32-35: Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto
him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave (aphiemi) thee all that debt, because
thou desiredst me: Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy
fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee? And his lord was wroth, and
delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto
him. So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your
hearts forgive (aphiemi) not every one his brother their trespasses.

Now, let's return to the incident where the man who has the palsy is lowered
through the roof for Jesus to heal him (Luke 5). Jesus' first statement to
the sick man is, "Man, thy sins are forgiven (aphiemi) thee."

The Pharisees are enraged at this. Their reaction is, "Who is this which
speaketh blasphemies? Who can forgive (aphiemi) sins, but God alone?"

You see, the Pharisees recognized that remission of sin - the erasure of
both the sin and the penalty - had to come from God. Under the Law of
Moses, they could receive forgiveness, but total remission had to come
outside the offering of burnt sacrifices. It was beyond the Law.

Jesus was obviously demonstrating the fact that He WAS God - that He was
equal with Father - and that remission of sin was a natural extension of the
agape love of God.

It's a funny thing. We run into this same kind of religiosity today? Who
do you think you are to think you can forgive someone's sins? Are you
seeing it? And yet this is a natural -- make that "commanded" -- use of the
Keys of the Kingdom. If we are to be obedient to the Word of the Lord, we
have a solemn responsibility to forgive the sins committed against us. And,
really it goes beyond just forgiving sins or offenses committed against us.
But we won't go there today. That's for another discussion.

Now we begin to see the significance of the Keys of the Kingdom!

THE AUTHORITY TO BIND OR LOOSEN IS DEMONSTRATED IN REMITTING OR RETAINING.

Since remission of sin is the heart's desire of the Lord and He has the
authority to forgive, it therefore became natural for Jesus to say to the
disciples, "And I will give you the authority and power to lock and unlock
Heaven so what whatever you bind, restrict or stop on earth shall be, having
been already bound, restricted or stopped in Heaven. And whatever you break
up, loose, dissolve or put off on earth shall be, having already been broken
up, loosed, dissolved or put off in Heaven."

Consider, now, what happened when Jesus appeared to the disciples following
His resurrection. You'll remember that He had said "I will give you the
authority and power." That authority and power had not yet been released to
them.

John 20:21-23: Then said Jesus to them again, Peace be unto you: as my
Father hath sent me, even so send I you. And when he had said this, he
breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost: Whose
soever sins ye remit, they are remitted unto them; and whose soever sins ye
retain, they are retained.

When we read this out of our English translations, it almost sounds like,
"Whose soever sins you forgive and erase, they are erased; and whose soever
sins you don't forgive or erase, they are not forgiven."

That is NOT what Jesus was saying! That would directly contradict what He
had already said otherwise.

This word, "retain," comes from the Greek, krateo, and it means: to hold
fast, to hang onto (with strength).

Let's be clear. When Jesus said, "those whose sins you remit receive
remission," He was referring to acting and decreeing forgiveness and
remission in direct accord with Father's Word and command - not simply
deciding of your own will and purpose to absolve someone of their sin.
Jesus never did or said anything He didn't first see or hear Father say.
Neither can we.

The opposite side of this coin goes like this:

"Whoever refuses and rejects the Word of the Lord for forgiveness - and you
both see and hear that rejection - their sins and offenses are retained.
They are held fast [because the individual grasped and hung onto his/her
sins without repentance] and the sinner/offender suffers the consequences of
his or her rejection of the offer of forgiveness."

In case you think that I'm really stretching with this interpretation, take
a look at something that Jesus said. Here's how Jesus put it - and He
expressed it within the context and framework of "binding and loosening" and
"agreement."

Matthew 18:15-20: Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go
and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee,
thou hast gained thy brother. But if he will not hear thee, then take with
thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word
may be established. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the
church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an
heathen man and a publican. Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind
on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth
shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall
agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done
for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three are
gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Let's try and break this down.

First, Jesus puts this in the picture of forgiving or remitting of sins.
His ultimate objective is for His people to operate in harmony with one
another. Thus, if a brother or sister sins against you or causes an offense
- one that could cause you or someone in you r family to stumble in their
walk with God - the first command is to go to that brother or sister and
share with them the nature of the offense in such a way as to bring
understanding and peace between you.

If that person fails to hear you because of some bitterness or anger or
resentment held within them, then you take one or two other brothers or
sisters in the Lord with you and try once again to resolve things.

There is a spiritual principle here - and it is one which applies in a legal
sense today. Our judicial system has adopted this Kingdom Law; and that is
that every word - every testimony, either for or against - is established
when it is heard out of the mouths of two or more witnesses.

You'll recall the picture of Revelation 12:11 where we are told that the
overcomer wins with two witnesses: the Word of his testimony, and the
testimony of Jesus' Blood.

Finally, if reconciliation fails even before two or more witnesses, you
bring the offending brother or sister before the whole body of believers and
- in a non-judgmental or non-accusatory way - make every final effort to
bring peace and reconciliation.

We'll continue this in our next Coffee Break as we discuss the procedures
required before binding or loosening.

Be blessed!

Signature-1

Regner A. Capener
CAPENER MINISTRIES
RIVER WORSHIP CENTER
455 North River Road
(509) 781-6099

part, is granted - provided proper attribution and this notice are included
published weekly.

If you would like to have these articles arrive each morning in your email,
please send a blank email to: Subscribe@AnotherCoffeeBreak.com
CapenerMinistries@embarqmail.com> .
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Coffee Break - Page 36 Empty Coffee Break

Post  Admin Tue 23 Mar 2010, 12:40 pm

Coffee Break

"Not Separated"

"Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men." Isaiah 29:13

What I am about to say is not political, but I do have to say it to make my point. I was watching the news the other day and one of the senators was asked about a particular issue that was to be voted on that he was in agreement with. The news anchor asked him about his faith/religion and how because of his faith could he be in agreement. His comment was that when he is conducting his duty as a senator he does so under the guidelines of "separation of church and state". Therefore, he can have a certain religious belief under his faith and a different action to perform his job. In short, he was saying that the two are separate and have nothing to do with each other.

I brought this up because there needs to be some clarification concerning a person's faith and what he does. There is no separation of what you believe and what you do. What you do is determined by your values that are shaped by your faith. You can't check your faith in at the door like you do your coat. It is not something that you "take off" and "put on" depending on the situation. Your faith is who you are. I cannot separate myself from being who I am. I am a Caucasian female seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day- all the time- and everywhere I go. The same applies to my faith in Christ. I am a Christian everywhere I go and all the time.

This is what has happened in the church. This is why we aren't the light and salt in this world that Jesus said we were to be. We act one way in church and another way everywhere else. We have tried to separate our Christianity from other areas in our lives--- you can't do it. I am a Christian no matter where I am, who I am with, what the situation is, regardless of whether it is popular or not. I am a Christian whether I am at home, on my job, on the playing field, at the grocery store, in church, etc.

If you are a Christ, it goes much deeper than your surroundings. It goes much deeper than your physical location. It goes much deeper than just your church affiliation. Your faith is "encoded on your 'spiritual DNA'". It is who you are. And that is something you cannot separate yourself from. The only way to do so is if you choose to go against it.

Have a great day. If you are truly a Christian, then you are a Christian everywhere you go all the time. You can't separate who you are from what you do.

For further reading:
Matthew 5:14
James 2:20
Mark 8:33,34
Acts 17:28
1 John 4:17

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 36 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36