World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

VERSE from HEARTLIGHT

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

VERSE from HEARTLIGHT  - Page 5 Empty Re: VERSE from HEARTLIGHT

Post  Admin Sun 30 Sep 2012, 8:01 pm

Today's Verse for 09/30/2012
For many years you were patient with them. By your Spirit you admonished them through your prophets. Yet they paid no attention, so you handed them over to the neighboring peoples. — Nehemiah 9:30

Thought
God has spoken repeatedly to his people through the prophets who spoke as they were inspired by the Holy Spirit of God. But so often, these people ignored their voice and abandoned their God. Let's not let the same thing be said of us!

Prayer
Sovereign LORD and Abba Father, I praise you! Please never let me ever outlive my love for you or my heart's desire to be obedient and pleasing to you! In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to [email=phil@heartlight]phil@heartlight[/email]. org.

Today's Verse Illustrated
© 1998-2012, Heartlight Inc.
Today's Verse for 09/29/2012
Moses replied, "When I have gone out of the city, I will spread out my hands in prayer to the LORD. The thunder will stop and there will be no more hail, so you may know that the earth is the LORD's. — Exodus 9:29

Thought
When Moses confronted Pharaoh and was met only by the hardness of Pharaoh's heart, God sent the plagues. Why? Because God wanted Pharaoh to know that Israel's God wasn't just another god, but that the LORD was the Only True and Living God. The nations, the seasons, and the earth are his. All people must come to revere his name and receive his grace.

Prayer
God of all the universe and of all that I can imagine, experience, or see, I praise you and proclaim you to be God indeed. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.
Today's Verse for 09/28/2012
...so Christ was sacrificed once to take away the sins of many people; and he will appear a second time, not to bear sin, but to bring salvation to those who are waiting for him. — Hebrews 9:28

Thought
Jesus is coming back! Are you ready? Are you waiting?

Prayer
Come Lord Jesus, your bride awaits you! Amen. (see 1 Corinthians 16:22 & Revelation 21:2, 9; 22:17)

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 Sep 2012, 1:37 pm

Today's Verse for 09/26/2012
If anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. — Luke 9:26

Thought
Some of the saddest words a loving child ever can hear are these: "I'm so disappointed in you." We don't want that to be the reaction of our Heavenly Father. We want the world to know that we love and honor Jesus as Lord so they can come to know our Savior, too, and so that we can bring delight to our Father in Heaven!

Prayer
LORD God Almighty, please give me boldness, wisdom, and respect as I seek to stand up for Jesus each day. May my words and my life declare my allegiance to Jesus as my Lord and Savior. In the name of the Lord Jesus I pray. Amen.

© 1998-2012, Heartlight Inc
Today's Verse for 09/25/2012
What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit his very self? — Luke 9:25

Thought
I once had a picture in my office of a hearse pulling a U-Haul trailer with the caption, "Who says you can't take it with you?" While it is humorous, it is also wrong... DEAD wrong. If we lose our souls in the pursuit of things, what of lasting value have we gained? Is it worth losing the only thing that really matters?

Prayer
Loving Father, help me keep my eyes on what is truly valuable and use the other blessings in my life to bring you glory and to bless others. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 25 Sep 2012, 5:41 pm

Today's Verse for 09/24/2012
"... I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight," declares the LORD. — Jeremiah 9:24

Thought
Two truths are equally crucial for us to understand in this passage. First, God is kind, just and righteous. Second, he delights in these things when he sees them in us. So what does your life stand for? Let's be like our Father and take on the lifestyle of loving kindness, the cause of justice for all, and the character of righteousness. Why? Because we should have no greater joy than to bring delight to the Father!

Prayer
Almighty and Holy God, may my life delight you and bring you joy. However, dear Father, I am aware that my character falls far short of your holiness and righteousness, and the mercy and grace I display to others pales in comparison to the mercy and grace you have shown toward me. So please, Father, help me know those areas where I most need to grow to be pleasing to you and to bless others with your grace. Thank you for giving me the Holy Spirit to help transform me. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 24 Sep 2012, 1:25 am

Today's Verse for 09/23/2012
"'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes." — Mark 9:23

Thought
A desperate father comes to Jesus with a request for help IF there is anything he can do to help. IF! IF? Everything is possible if we believe. Does it mean it will happen? Not necessarily, but we know it CAN happen if God chooses to do it to glorify himself, protect his people, or accomplish his will. Our commitment needs to be that of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: "We serve a God who is able to deliver us... but even if he does not, we will not worship other gods who are false!" (see Daniel 3)

Prayer
Now to God, who is able to do exceedingly and abundantly more than we can ask or imagine, be glory... forever and ever. In the glorious name of Jesus I praise you. Amen. (cf. Ephesians 3:20-21)

Today's Verse for 09/22/2012
To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. — 1 Corinthians 9:22

Thought
Christ left heaven and came to earth to save us. Paul sacrificed everything to share the Gospel with both Jews and Gentiles. What have we done... what have we left... what have we given up... what have we become... to share Jesus with those we love, know, or influence?

Prayer
Father of mercy, rich in steadfast love, please give me eyes to see those around me who need Jesus, the courage and the humility to share his grace, and the sense of timing to share Jesus with them when they are ready to know of his love. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 22 Sep 2012, 7:59 pm

Today's Verse for 09/21/2012
[A desperate and lonely woman who had been ill for years came to Jesus for healing.] She said to herself, "If I only touch his cloak, I will be healed." — Matthew 9:21

Thought
The woman who said this to herself knew ostracism and loneliness because of her 12 year bout with an illness that made her unclean under Jewish law. She was imprisoned in isolation because of this condition. Just as Jesus freed her from her prison (vs. 22), he longs to free you from yours as well. What holds you captive? Jesus longs to give you freedom through five gifts: 1) the Scripture to help you know God's will, 2) your surrender to his lordship, 3) cleansing from your sin and guilt, 4) the gift of the Holy Spirit to empower you, and 5) a family of brothers and sisters in Christ to support you and hold you accountable. These are God's five precious keys to freedom.

Prayer
Father, I pray today for all those who need deliverance from Satan's grip in whatever form he has in their lives. In Jesus' mighty and holy name I confidently pray. Amen

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Sep 2012, 9:14 pm

Today's Verse for 09/20/2012
"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Peter answered, "The Christ of God." — Luke 9:20

Thought
A lot of people have their opinions about Jesus’ identity. The real issue, however, is what you believe about Jesus. What you decide about God’s Son means everything for you and for those you influence. So listen to Jesus' question to his disciples as if he is asking it of you: "Who do you say I am?" I pray that your answer is the same as Peter’s: “You are the Messiah, the Son of God.”

Prayer
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for Jesus, who is my Lord, Savior, friend, and older brother in your family. I praise you for sending him to reveal yourself to us and I thank you for your love demonstrated by him on the Cross. I do believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God, and the only Savior who can bring freedom, pardon, cleansing, and complete salvation. Thank you! In Jesus' mighty name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 20 Sep 2012, 5:29 pm

Today's Verse for 09/19/2012
Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. — 1 Corinthians 9:19

Thought
Grace frees us from the law of sin and death. But, our freedom is not to be used for rebellion or for self-gratification. Instead, we are to use our freedom redemptively, just as Jesus did (cf. Philippians 2:5-11). We can voluntarily limit that freedom to help others still caught in bondage to sin and false ideas about God. We can use the freedom of the Spirit to be transformed to be like Christ (2 Corinthians 3:17-18). Lets use our freedom to rejoice and to bless.

Prayer
Thank you, great and mighty LORD, for setting me free by your grace. I know, dear Father, that this gift was given to me at great cost -- the humiliating torture, death, and burial of your Son, Jesus Christ. So use me, dear Father, to bless others who have not yet found their deliverance and freedom in Jesus. I pray this in the name of my Savior, Jesus. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 19 Sep 2012, 10:59 am

Today's Verse for 09/18/2012
Wisdom is better than weapons of war, but one sinner destroys much good. Ecclesiastes 9:18

Thought
Just a little leaven and the whole lump is changed. A sinful person can have the same effect on a whole group of people committed to God. So let's be wise and reverence God by obeying him and his Word. Let's be insightful in the way we deal with sin and temptation in our lives. Also, let's be sure to remember that we are at war with the evil one. Then let’s praise God, because our Savior has already defeated our enemy and the Holy Spirit empowers us to stand up to Satan's attacks and resist his temptation.

Prayer
Loving Father, please give me wisdom to see through the deceptiveness of the devil's schemes while I seek to live your truth and display your character in my life. Thank you for your power at work in me and in my life. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 09/17/2012
[Moses is reminded the Israelites of his reaction to seeing the golden calf by saying] "So I took the two tablets and threw them out of my hands, breaking them to pieces before your eyes." Deuteronomy 9:17

Thought
Anger, frustration, disappointment, and loss of self-control have sunk many of God's greatest leaders. Leading can sometimes be a horribly disappointing task. Yet God's people would perish without strong leaders full of godly conviction. Despite the failure of some of our leaders and the perils that can beset those who choose to lead, leadership is as honorable as it is vital! Where would Israel have been without Moses or Joshua or Hezekiah or David...? So if the Lord is calling you to lead, don't accept his invitation lightly, but please, accept it! If you are not a leader, please remember to pray for your leaders and their families.

Prayer
Holy LORD, please bless your Church with leaders of great faith, courage, endurance, and integrity. Bless us with courage to answer you when you call us through our leaders to serve you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 17 Sep 2012, 9:56 pm

Today's Verse for 09/16/2012
"Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:16

Thought
I don't know about you, but I'm a very visual person. I truly appreciate the way God made the world with all its variety, color, and rich diversity. I am thankful for the way he used certain key images in our world to remind us of his daily provision and eternal grace. The beauty of a rainbow is not just in its wonderful colors or in the aroma of fresh rain, but in the promise that our God has chosen to link himself to our destiny and to involve himself in our world!

Prayer
Almighty God, thank you for making your great promises when we had no right to expect them, much less demand them. Thank you for attaching those promises to things in my everyday world so that I can be reminded of your constant and watchful care. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 16 Sep 2012, 11:14 am

Today's Verse for 09/15/2012
[In talking about others having the right to be supported in their ministry, the apostle Paul says] But I have not used any of these rights. And I am not writing this in the hope that you will do such things for me. I would rather die than have anyone deprive me of this boast. — 1 Corinthians 9:15

Thought
Paul was careful not to take support from the Corinthians even though it was his right as a minister of the Gospel. Instead, he knew their problems with generosity and showed them a great example in living for Jesus without obvious and instant reward. Oftentimes we must show our values before others will share them. Paul was a master at reading the needs around him and living in a way that was an example. Let's make a commitment to do the same!

Prayer
Father God and Almighty LORD, please give me the courage and integrity to live my principles in a way that is a blessing and example to others. Bless me, dear Father, with a life that makes a mark on others for your glory. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to phil@heartlight.org
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Sep 2012, 9:40 pm

Today's Verse for 09/14/2012
In the same way, the Lord has commanded that those who preach the gospel should receive their living from the gospel. — 1 Corinthians 9:14

Thought
One of the great tragedies of our modern world is that while some who preach and teach the gospel are charlatans and cheats, the vast majority of God's servants work just barely scraping by financially. Why not find some underpaid and forgotten Kingdom servant and share a little of the blessings God has given you?

Prayer
Holy Father, I thank you for your servants who share your message all over the world. Father, I want to especially thank you for ___ and I ask you that this person will be blessed with good health, a faithful and loving family, and the proper support to do your work in a way worthy of your cause. Please use me to bless and encourage this minister of your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 09/13/2012
He replied, "You give them something to eat." They answered, "We have only five loaves of bread and two fish--unless we go and buy food for all this crowd." — Luke 9:13

Thought
I love the way Jesus gets his disciples' attention. "You feed them, boys!" Of course they knew that they couldn't! Yet Jesus showed them that if they brought their meager resources to him, they could do amazing things. When the big picnic was over, each of them got to pick up a basket full of leftovers from the table of God's grace! Let's remember that it isn't the challenge or the resources that limit us; it's our unwillingness to bring what we have to Jesus and trust that he will do something with us to bless others in ways we couldn't have dreamed! (cf. Ephesians 3:20-21)

Prayer
All praise to you, Abba Father, for your extravagant help and mercy in times of need, for your loving and generous provision in times of want, and your surprising and exciting use of me and the resources you have entrusted to me to accomplish your will. In Jesus' name I praise you. Amen.

Today's Verse for 09/12/2012
On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick." — Matthew 9:12

Thought
Why did Jesus associate with sinners? Because we need him to associate with us! What's the most crucial part of that truth, Jesus' desire to save or our recognition of our sinfulness? Of course the most crucial part is Jesus' desire to save because without him, recognizing our sinfulness would only lead to despair. But without recognizing our need for his grace, his sacrifice for us is lost. So let's praise Jesus as our loving and sacrificial Savior, but let's also acknowledge our need for his merciful and mighty grace!

Prayer
Gracious Father, I praise you from the bottom of my heart for providing Jesus as my Savior. At the same time, dear Father, I confess to you I struggle with sin. I want it completely out of my life, but I find that I cannot rid myself of its constant shadow and its penetrating stain. Without your grace and the sacrifice of Jesus, I know I could not stand before you as your pure child. Please forgive me for for the following sins ... and please receive my praise for your gracious forgiveness. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Sep 2012, 1:19 am

Today's Verse for 09/11/2012
You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. — 2 Corinthians 9:11

Thought
Why does God bless us with riches? So we can share those riches generously with those in need and so we can bring thanksgiving to God.

Prayer
Father, thank you for providing me with so many blessings. May my use of your riches bring you glory and bring others a true and genuine blessing that will touch their hearts with your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

The Thoughts and Prayers for Today's Verse are written by Phil Ware. You can email questions or comments to [email=phil@heartlight]phil@heartlight[/email]. org.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Sep 2012, 7:53 am

Today's Verse for 09/10/2012
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. — Proverbs 9:10

Thought
There are many fields of academic pursuit that are noble and beneficial, but true wisdom and the highest understanding can be found in only one place -- a reverential knowledge of God!

Prayer
Lord God, Holy Savior of Israel and my Abba Father, thank you for the grace of prayer. Thank you for your steadfastness and faithfulness. Thank you for your mercy and justice. I place my life and my future in your hands to be used for you glory. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 09 Sep 2012, 7:34 pm

Today's Verse for 09/08/2012
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work. 2 Corinthians 9:8

Thought
What a powerful promise! If we are willing to generously share with others in the name of Jesus as the apostle Paul discusses in the previous two verses, we will have what we need and our lives will be full of good deeds that bring glory to God. So let's remind ourselves of one the very first lessons we should have learned as young children: share! Only this time, as children of God, let's share in the name of Jesus to bless others so they may come to his grace.

Prayer
Thank you, dear Father, for all the incredible blessings you have poured into my life. You have richly blessed me physically and spiritually. Now I ask that your Spirit will help me be generous with the gifts you have so richly given to me. May my life, O LORD, be a consistent conduit of your blessings so that others may come to know your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 09/09/2012
He answered me, "The sin of the house of Israel and Judah is exceedingly great; the land is full of bloodshed and the city is full of injustice. They say, 'The LORD has forsaken the land; the LORD does not see.'" Ezekiel 9:9

Thought
In times of evil and adversity, God's people can lose sight of the Father's "great and precious promises." God has faithfully kept these promise through the ages. This past faithfulness is our reminder that we can trust his promise of the salvation we will fully experience with him one day. Even in our darkest night, God has not forsaken us. He sees and knows what we do and how we feel. Quite often, however, the LORD is watching to see how we will live in tough times. He wants us to show that we will be faithful during these times. He wants us to see that he can be trusted and that he still is at work in our world and in our lives. So let's be faithful, trusting that the God who preserved Israel and brought through Israel the promised Messiah will also preserve and bless us!

Prayer
In my times of darkest struggle or of loftiest joy, dear LORD, please help me to be found faithful to you and to your will. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 08 Sep 2012, 8:38 pm

Today's Verse for 09/07/2012
Then a cloud appeared and enveloped them, and a voice came from the cloud: "This is my Son, whom I love. Listen to him!" — Mark 9:7

Thought
Who are you listening to in your life? We can hear all sorts of different voices, but we can follow only one. So who are you going to listen to as you make your decisions about morality, values, ethics, and character? Who has earned the right to be heard regarding life, death, salvation, and sin? God makes it unmistakably clear; we must listen to his Son Jesus!

Prayer
Almighty God, please help me silence the voices of doubt, deception, and demagoguery that surround me. Help me hear the voice of Jesus and follow him and obey your will in all things no matter what everyone else around may choose to do. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 07 Sep 2012, 8:07 pm

Today's Verse for 09/06/2012
You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you. — Nehemiah 9:6

Thought
God is Creator! Life is defined in him and by him. The multitudes of heaven worship and adore him. For me, that means two very important things. First, I need to give him my heart-felt worship and praise. Second, when I praise God, I am doing something eternal. You and I won't take much out of this life into the next, but among those things is our praise to our God and Father. Praise be to God, not just now, but forevermore!

Prayer
Thank you, dear God, for creating the universe in its incomprehensible expanse. Thank you, holy Father, for re-creating me in Christ so that I can share in your glory. Thank you, Almighty LORD, for creating life that endures forever. I look forward to that Day when I see you face to face, and praise you with the multitudes of heaven. In Jesus' name I praise. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 06 Sep 2012, 9:33 pm

Today's Verse for 09/04/2012
He fell to the ground and heard a voice say to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?" "Who are you, Lord?" Saul asked. "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting, " he replied. — Acts 9:4-5

Thought
When Paul teaches that the Church is the Body of Christ, he isn't being theoretical. The Church is Jesus' presence, his Body in this world. What is done to the Church as a collective group of people is done to Jesus. What is done to individual Christians is done to their Savior. Jesus is present in the world through us! The saying is true: the only Jesus many will see today is the Jesus they see through you and me.

Prayer
Dear Father, please "Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me, all His wonderful passion and purity; May His Spirit divine, all my being refine; Let the beauty of Jesus be seen in me." In the name of my Savior I pray. Amen. (From the song by Albert W.T. Orsbom.)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Sep 2012, 6:15 am

Today's Verse for 09/03/2012
"Neither this man nor his parents sinned," said Jesus, "but this happened so that the work of God might be displayed in his life." — John 9:3

Thought
Let's ask God to help us view people through the eyes of Jesus so that we will see them as people in whom the work of God needs to be done. And just what is this work of God? Well, Jesus answered that question this way: To believe in the One he has sent! (John 6:28-29)

Prayer
Father, please help me see the people around me as Jesus does. I want to see your work done in their lives, so please give me patience with those who are rude, tenderness with those who are hurting, and boldness with those who are ready to hear the Good News of Jesus. In the name of Christ Jesus I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Sep 2012, 8:38 pm

Today's Verse for 09/02/2012
The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of the shadow of death a light has dawned. — Isaiah 9:2

Thought
This great promise in Isaiah was fulfilled with the coming of Jesus (see Matt. 4:15-16; Luke 1:79). As darkness falls tonight, look out at a street light and capture it in your memory so that every time you see a light shining in the darkness it will remind you to do two things: give thanks to God for sending his light and commit yourself to sharing that light with those you know.

Prayer
Loving and Eternal God, thank you for shining your light into my life through Jesus. Help my words and actions bless those around me so that the light of your grace and the salvation that Jesus brings may be seen by all I influence today and each day of my life that follows. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
Today's Verse for 09/01/2012
I will praise you, O LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of all your wonders. — Psalm 9:1

Thought
The words of Jessie Brown Pound's old hymn say it best: "If the light of his presence has brightened your way, O will you not tell it today?" Prayerfully select someone who needs to know of the goodness and graciousness of God and share Jesus with that person. A heart filled with praise to God will not only praise him, but will lead others to do so as well!

Prayer
I do praise you from the bottom of my heart, O God, but bless me today as I seek to bring others to know and to praise you more fully. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:11 pm

Today's Verse for 08/31/2012
He then began to teach them that the Son of Man must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests and teachers of the law, and that he must be killed and after three days rise again. — Mark 8:31

Thought
Knowing Jesus is God's Messiah is one thing. Following Jesus as our Lord is quite another. Getting our minds, hearts, and lives to all line up is always a challenge. Once Jesus' disciples confessed him as the Christ, he knew he had to teach them the real road to glory. Each of the Gospels reminds us that this road led to the cross of agony before it led to the crown of glory. The early church captured it in a song that reminded them that they, too, must walk that same road (see Philippians 2:5-11). We are a heaven-bound people, but we can be sure that we will encounter potholes and bumps along the roead and even steep hills to climb as Satan tries to derail and defeat us. Our Savior, however, has already walked this road, and he is our great reminder that the path leads us to share in his glory, too.

Prayer
Dear Father, I know several believers who are struggling to follow Jesus faithfully. Please, dear LORD, I ask that you give them the strength and the courage to endure, and that you use me to encourage them and to help them through this dark time in their lives. I want to specifically mention several people by name, and ask you to bless them. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Today's Verse for 08/30/2012
Even as he spoke, many put their faith in him. John 8:30
Thought
While we often talk about Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we can also find it easy to ignore his voice. Let's make a commitment to read through each of the four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, & John) before the end of the year. And as we read, let's do it as a search for the heart of Jesus and ask God to help us know him better.

Prayer
Be with me, dear Father, as I seek to know Jesus better and obey his words more faithfully as I read your holy Scriptures, which find their center in him. In his name, Jesus, Son of God and Son of Man, I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Aug 2012, 8:35 pm

Today's Verse for 08/28/2012
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. — Romans 8:28

Thought
The real issue in our lives is not God's faithfulness, but ours. The history of God's faithfulness to Israel and to his promises is found in the Scriptures. We can depend and rely on him to do what he promises, despite the apparent circumstances of our lives. The real issue is whether or not we choose to truly love him and live for his purposes when life becomes unbearable and faith becomes hard. This verse is no platitude, but the life-ring of hope for those with gritty faith who choose to persevere when there is no easy reason for doing so. Faith is rooted in a Savior who triumphed over death, Satan, and sin on the third day while we find ourselves caught up on the second day waiting for the dawn of our full salvation.

Prayer
Give me courage, faith, and character, O Lord, and may I never outlive my faith and hope in you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Aug 2012, 9:48 pm

Today's Verse for 08/28/2012
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. — Romans 8:28

Thought
The real issue in our lives is not God's faithfulness, but ours. The history of God's faithfulness to Israel and to his promises is found in the Scriptures. We can depend and rely on him to do what he promises, despite the apparent circumstances of our lives. The real issue is whether or not we choose to truly love him and live for his purposes when life becomes unbearable and faith becomes hard. This verse is no platitude, but the life-ring of hope for those with gritty faith who choose to persevere when there is no easy reason for doing so. Faith is rooted in a Savior who triumphed over death, Satan, and sin on the third day while we find ourselves caught up on the second day waiting for the dawn of our full salvation.

Prayer
Give me courage, faith, and character, O Lord, and may I never outlive my faith and hope in you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Aug 2012, 8:32 pm

Today's Verse for 08/27/2012
The men were amazed and asked, "What kind of man is this? Even the winds and the waves obey him!" — Matthew 8:27

Thought
What kind of man? Ah, much more than a man, he is our Lord, King, Messiah, Shepherd, and Savior.

Prayer
Tender Shepherd and Abba Father, thank you for emptying heaven of your choicest glory and sending Jesus to be my Lord and Savior. As I face the storms in my life, please give me the courage to stand bravely in faith, trusting that my Savior will still the winds and the waves and bring me safely home to you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 26 Aug 2012, 8:43 pm

Today's Verse for 08/26/2012
In the same way, the Spirit helps us in our weakness. We do not know what we ought to pray for, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express. And he who searches our hearts knows the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints in accordance with God's will. — Romans 8:26-27

Thought
Sometimes our prayers seem to bounce off the ceiling and fall to the floor. Other times, we are overcome with emotion and the words of our prayers can't capture what's in our hearts. Thank God for the assurance that the power of our prayers is not dependent upon our words, but upon his grace given us by the Holy Spirit's intercession!

Prayer
Holy God and Loving Father, thank you for giving me the gift of the Holy Spirit, through whom I have the ultimate assurance that you hear my words, my thoughts, and my heart when I pray. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 Aug 2012, 7:04 pm

Today's Verse for 08/24/2012
I told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am the one I claim to be, you will indeed die in your sins. — John 8:24

Thought
The crucial phrase, somewhat disguised by our translations, is this one: "Unless you believe that I AM, then you will die in your sins." As John so often does, he grabs a simple phrase, fills it full to the brim with meaning, and leads us to see Jesus in a dramatically fresh way. Jesus is I AM, God with us. How could God love us so? We can't know the full answer to this, but we can surely believe and rejoice and live for his glory.

Prayer
Holy and Righteous God, thank you for Jesus and all that he is and all that he has done for me. To your glory and in Jesus' name, I praise and thank you for the confidence that I can have in your promise that I will not die in my sins. Even more, dear Father, thank you for the assurance that when I die, I will live with you. Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 16 ... 27  Next