World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 34 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 34 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers Empty Re: MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers

Post  Admin Fri 08 Feb 2013, 10:15 pm

"Are we prepared to say, “Lord, make me, a sinner saved by grace, as..." Oswald Chambers.

The Cost of Sanctification
02 08 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

May the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely . . . —1 Thessalonians 5:23

When we pray, asking God to sanctify us, are we prepared to measure up to what that really means? We take the word sanctification much too lightly. Are we prepared to pay the cost of sanctification? The cost will be a deep restriction of all our earthly concerns, and an extensive cultivation of all our godly concerns. Sanctification means to be intensely focused on God’s point of view. It means to secure and to keep all the strength of our body, soul, and spirit for God’s purpose alone. Are we really prepared for God to perform in us everything for which He separated us? And after He has done His work, are we then prepared to separate ourselves to God just as Jesus did? “For their sakes I sanctify Myself . . .” (John 17:19). The reason some of us have not entered into the experience of sanctification is that we have not realized the meaning of sanctification from God’s perspective. Sanctification means being made one with Jesus so that the
nature that controlled Him will control us. Are we really prepared for what that will cost? It will cost absolutely everything in us which is not of God.

Are we prepared to be caught up into the full meaning of Paul’s prayer in this verse? Are we prepared to say, “Lord, make me, a sinner saved by grace, as holy as You can”? Jesus prayed that we might be one with Him, just as He is one with the Father (see John 17:21-23). The resounding evidence of the Holy Spirit in a person’s life is the unmistakable family likeness to Jesus Christ, and the freedom from everything which is not like Him. Are we prepared to set ourselves apart for the Holy Spirit’s work in us?

"The head may seek God, but it is the heart that finds Him." Jeremiah 29:13
Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching (Leadership; Mentoring; Counseling ) ~ Healing For The Wounded Heart
"Whenever we insist that God should give us an answer to prayer we are off track. The purpose of prayer is that we get ahold of God, not of the answer. " Oswald Chambers.

Spiritual Dejection
02 07 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

We were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day since these things happened —Luke 24:21

Every fact that the disciples stated was right, but the conclusions they drew from those facts were wrong. Anything that has even a hint of dejection spiritually is always wrong. If I am depressed or burdened, I am to blame, not God or anyone else. Dejection stems from one of two sources— I have either satisfied a lust or I have not had it satisfied. In either case, dejection is the result. Lust means “I must have it at once.” Spiritual lust causes me to demand an answer from God, instead of seeking God Himself who gives the answer. What have I been hoping or trusting God would do? Is today “the third day” and He has still not done what I expected? Am I therefore justified in being dejected and in blaming God? Whenever we insist that God should give us an answer to prayer we are off track. The purpose of prayer is that we get ahold of God, not of the answer. It is impossible to be well physically and to be dejected, because dejection is a sign
of sickness. This is also true spiritually. Dejection spiritually is wrong, and we are always to blame for it.

We look for visions from heaven and for earth-shaking events to see God’s power. Even the fact that we are dejected is proof that we do this. Yet we never realize that all the time God is at work in our everyday events and in the people around us. If we will only obey, and do the task that He has placed closest to us, we will see Him. One of the most amazing revelations of God comes to us when we learn that it is in the everyday things of life that we realize the magnificent deity of Jesus Christ.

Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching (Leadership; Mentoring; Counseling ) ~ Healing For The Wounded Heart
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers Empty Re: MY UTMOST FOR HIS HIGHEST - by Oswald Chambers

Post  Admin Thu 07 Feb 2013, 11:14 pm

Spiritual Dejection
02 07 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

We were hoping that it was He who was going to redeem Israel. Indeed, besides all this, today is the third day since these things happened —Luke 24:21

Every fact that the disciples stated was right, but the conclusions they drew from those facts were wrong. Anything that has even a hint of dejection spiritually is always wrong. If I am depressed or burdened, I am to blame, not God or anyone else. Dejection stems from one of two sources— I have either satisfied a lust or I have not had it satisfied. In either case, dejection is the result. Lust means “I must have it at once.” Spiritual lust causes me to demand an answer from God, instead of seeking God Himself who gives the answer. What have I been hoping or trusting God would do? Is today “the third day” and He has still not done what I expected? Am I therefore justified in being dejected and in blaming God? Whenever we insist that God should give us an answer to prayer we are off track. The purpose of prayer is that we get ahold of God, not of the answer. It is impossible to be well physically and to be dejected, because dejection is a sign
of sickness. This is also true spiritually. Dejection spiritually is wrong, and we are always to blame for it.

We look for visions from heaven and for earth-shaking events to see God’s power. Even the fact that we are dejected is proof that we do this. Yet we never realize that all the time God is at work in our everyday events and in the people around us. If we will only obey, and do the task that He has placed closest to us, we will see Him. One of the most amazing revelations of God comes to us when we learn that it is in the everyday things of life that we realize the magnificent deity of Jesus Christ.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 Feb 2013, 5:20 pm

"Or do you say, “I am not willing to be poured out right now, and I don’t want God to tell me how to serve Him. I want to choose the place of my own sacrifice. And I want to have certain people watching me and saying, ’Well done.’ ” Oswald Chambers.

Are You Ready To Be Poured Out As an Offering? (1)
02 05 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

If I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all—Philippians 2:17

Are you willing to sacrifice yourself for the work of another believer—to pour out your life sacrificially for the ministry and faith of others? Or do you say, “I am not willing to be poured out right now, and I don’t want God to tell me how to serve Him. I want to choose the place of my own sacrifice. And I want to have certain people watching me and saying, ’Well done.’ ”

It is one thing to follow God’s way of service if you are regarded as a hero, but quite another thing if the road marked out for you by God requires becoming a “doormat” under other people’s feet. God’s purpose may be to teach you to say, “I know how to be abased . . .” (Philippians 4:12). Are you ready to be sacrificed like that? Are you ready to be less than a mere drop in the bucket—to be so totally insignificant that no one remembers you even if they think of those you served? Are you willing to give and be poured out until you are used up and exhausted—not seeking to be ministered to, but to minister? Some saints cannot do menial work while maintaining a saintly attitude, because they feel such service is beneath their dignity.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Feb 2013, 9:24 pm

"Or do you say, “I am not willing to be poured out right now, and I don’t want God to tell me how to serve Him. I want to choose the place of my own sacrifice. And I want to have certain people watching me and saying, ’Well done.’ ” Oswald Chambers.

Are You Ready To Be Poured Out As an Offering? (1)
02 05 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

If I am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all—Philippians 2:17

Are you willing to sacrifice yourself for the work of another believer—to pour out your life sacrificially for the ministry and faith of others? Or do you say, “I am not willing to be poured out right now, and I don’t want God to tell me how to serve Him. I want to choose the place of my own sacrifice. And I want to have certain people watching me and saying, ’Well done.’ ”

It is one thing to follow God’s way of service if you are regarded as a hero, but quite another thing if the road marked out for you by God requires becoming a “doormat” under other people’s feet. God’s purpose may be to teach you to say, “I know how to be abased . . .” (Philippians 4:12). Are you ready to be sacrificed like that? Are you ready to be less than a mere drop in the bucket—to be so totally insignificant that no one remembers you even if they think of those you served? Are you willing to give and be poured out until you are used up and exhausted—not seeking to be ministered to, but to minister? Some saints cannot do menial work while maintaining a saintly attitude, because they feel such service is beneath their dignity.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 02 Feb 2013, 8:40 pm

œDon'™t ask me to be confronted with the strong reality of redemption on behalf of the filth of human life surrounding me today; what I want is anything God can do for me to make me more desirable in my own eyes. Oswald Chambers.

Do You See Your Calling?
01 31 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

. . . separated to the gospel of God. . ”Romans 1:1

Our calling is not primarily to be holy men and women, but to be proclaimers of the gospel of God. The one all-important thing is that the gospel of God should be recognized as the abiding reality. Reality is not human goodness, or holiness, or heaven, or hell it is redemption. The need to perceive this is the most vital need of the Christian worker today. As workers, we have to get used to the revelation that redemption is the only reality. Personal holiness is an effect of redemption, not the cause of it. If we place our faith in human goodness we will go under when testing comes.

Paul did not say that he separated himself, but œwhen it pleased God, who separated me . . (Galatians 1:15). Paul was not overly interested in his own character. And as long as our eyes are focused on our own personal holiness, we will never even get close to the full reality of redemption. Christian workers fail because they place their desire for their own holiness above their desire to know God. œDon't ask me to be confronted with the strong reality of redemption on behalf of the filth of human life surrounding me today; what I want is anything God can do for me to make me more desirable in my own eyes. To talk that way is a sign that the reality of the gospel of God has not begun to touch me. There is no reckless abandon to God in that. God cannot deliver me while my interest is merely in my own character. Paul was not conscious of himself. He was recklessly abandoned, totally surrendered, and separated by God for one purpose to proclaim the gospel of God (see Romans 9:3).

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 28 Jan 2013, 12:02 am

"Whenever there are competing concerns in your life, be sure you always put your relationship to God first." Oswald Chambers

Look Again and Think
01 27 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers

Do not worry about your life . . . —Matthew 6:25

A warning which needs to be repeated is that “the cares of this world and the deceitfulness of riches,” and the lust for other things, will choke out the life of God in us (Matthew 13:22). We are never free from the recurring waves of this invasion. If the front line of attack is not about clothes and food, it may be about money or the lack of money; or friends or lack of friends; or the line may be drawn over difficult circumstances. It is one steady invasion, and these things will come in like a flood, unless we allow the Spirit of God to raise up the banner against it.

“I say to you, do not worry about your life . . . .” Our Lord says to be careful only about one thing-our relationship to Him. But our common sense shouts loudly and says, “That is absurd, I must consider how I am going to live, and I must consider what I am going to eat and drink.” Jesus says you must not. Beware of allowing yourself to think that He says this while not understanding your circumstances. Jesus Christ knows our circumstances better than we do, and He says we must not think about these things to the point where they become the primary concern of our life. Whenever there are competing concerns in your life, be sure you always put your relationship to God first.

“Sufficient for the day is its own trouble” (Matthew 6:34). How much trouble has begun to threaten you today? What kind of mean little [thoughts] have been looking into your life and saying, “What are your plans for next month— or next summer?” Jesus tells us not to worry about any of these things. Look again and think. Keep your mind on the “much more” of your heavenly Father (Matthew 6:30).

"Eternal life [is] to know you, the only true God,& Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth." John 17:3
The Acts 1711 Project ~ Searching The Scriptures to Know Truth
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 26 Jan 2013, 10:53 pm

"Every time we lose ground in our fellowship with God, it is because we have disrespectfully thought that we knew better than Jesus Christ." Oswald Chambers.

Look Again and Consecrate
01 26 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers

If God so clothes the grass of the field . . . , will He not much more clothe you . . . ? —Matthew 6:30

A simple statement of Jesus is always a puzzle to us because we will not be simple. How can we maintain the simplicity of Jesus so that we may understand Him? By receiving His Spirit, recognizing and relying on Him, and obeying Him as He brings us the truth of His Word, life will become amazingly simple. Jesus asks us to consider that “if God so clothes the grass of the field . . .” how “much more” will He clothe you, if you keep your relationship right with Him? Every time we lose ground in our fellowship with God, it is because we have disrespectfully thought that we knew better than Jesus Christ. We have allowed “the cares of this world” to enter in (Matthew 13:22), while forgetting the “much more” of our heavenly Father.

“Look at the birds of the air . . .” (Matthew 6:26). Their function is to obey the instincts God placed within them, and God watches over them. Jesus said that if you have the right relationship with Him and will obey His Spirit within you, then God will care for your [needs] too.

“Consider the lilies of the field . . .” (Matthew 6:28). They grow where they are planted. Many of us refuse to grow where God plants us. Therefore, we don’t take root anywhere. Jesus said if we would obey the life of God within us, He would look after all other things. Did Jesus Christ lie to us? Are we experiencing the “much more” He promised? If we are not, it is because we are not obeying the life God has given us and have cluttered our minds with confusing thoughts and worries. How much time have we wasted asking God senseless questions while we should be absolutely free to concentrate on our service to Him? Consecration is the act of continually separating myself from everything except that which God has appointed me to do. It is not a one-time experience but an ongoing process. Am I continually separating myself and looking to God every day of my life?

"Eternal life [is] to know you, the only true God,& Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth." John 17:3
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Jan 2013, 11:59 pm

"The busyness of things obscures our concentration on God." Oswald Chambers

Transformed by Beholding
01 23 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

We all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the
Lord, are being transformed into the same image . . . —2 Corinthians
3:18

The greatest characteristic a Christian can exhibit is
this completely unveiled openness before God, which allows that person’s
life to become a mirror for others. When the Spirit fills us, we are
transformed, and by beholding God we become mirrors. You can always tell
when someone has been beholding the glory of the Lord, because your
inner spirit senses that he mirrors the Lord’s own character. Beware of
anything that would spot or tarnish that mirror in you. It is almost
always something good that will stain it— something good, but not what
is best.

The most important rule for us is to concentrate on
keeping our lives open to God. Let everything else including work,
clothes, and food be set aside. The busyness of things obscures our
concentration on God. We must maintain a position of beholding Him,
keeping our lives completely spiritual through and through. Let other
things come and go as they will; let other people criticize us as they
will; but never allow anything to obscure the life that “is hidden with
Christ in God” (Colossians 3:3). Never let a hurried lifestyle disturb
the relationship of abiding in Him. This is an easy thing to allow, but
we must guard against it. The most difficult lesson of the Christian
life is learning how to continue “beholding as in a mirror the glory of
the Lord . . . .”

---
Am thinking about Martha...who
was busy with many good things, and Mary...who chose the better thing:
the relationship with Jesus. Luke 10.

"It is not enough to give mental assent to the fact that God has redeemed the world, nor even to know that the Holy Spirit can make all that Jesus did a reality in my life. I must have the foundation of a personal relationship with Him. Paul was not given a message or a doctrine to proclaim. He was brought into a vivid, personal, overpowering relationship with Jesus Christ." Oswald Chambers.

God’s Overpowering Purpose
01 24 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

I have appeared to you for this purpose . . .—Acts 26:16

The vision Paul had on the road to Damascus was not a passing emotional experience, but a vision that had very clear and emphatic directions for him. And Paul stated, “I was not disobedient to the heavenly vision” (Acts 26:19). Our Lord said to Paul, in effect, “Your whole life is to be overpowered or subdued by Me; you are to have no end, no aim, and no purpose but Mine.” And the Lord also says to us, “You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go . . .” (John 15:16).

When we are born again, if we are spiritual at all, we have visions of what Jesus wants us to be. It is important that I learn not to be “disobedient to the heavenly vision”—not to doubt that it can be attained. It is not enough to give mental assent to the fact that God has redeemed the world, nor even to know that the Holy Spirit can make all that Jesus did a reality in my life. I must have the foundation of a personal relationship with Him. Paul was not given a message or a doctrine to proclaim. He was brought into a vivid, personal, overpowering relationship with Jesus Christ. Acts 26:16 is tremendously compelling “. . . to make you a minister and a witness . . . .” There would be nothing there without a personal relationship. Paul was devoted to a Person, not to a cause. He was absolutely Jesus Christ’s. He saw nothing else and he lived for nothing else. “For I determined not to know anything among you except Jesus Christ and Him
crucified” (1 Corinthians 2:2).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Jan 2013, 1:56 pm

"Has my life been a good reflection on His reputation?" Oswald Chambers.
Recall What God Remembers
01 21 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

Thus says the Lord: ’I remember . . . the kindness of your youth . . .’ —Jeremiah 2:2

Am I as spontaneously kind to God as I used to be, or am I only expecting God to be kind to me? Does everything in my life fill His heart with gladness, or do I constantly complain because things don’t seem to be going my way? A person who has forgotten what God treasures will not be filled with joy. It is wonderful to remember that Jesus Christ has needs which we can meet— “Give Me a drink” (John 4:7). How much kindness have I shown Him in the past week? Has my life been a good reflection on His reputation?

God is saying to His people, “You are not in love with Me now, but I remember a time when you were.” He says, “I remember . . . the love of your betrothal . . .” (Jeremiah 2:2). Am I as filled to overflowing with love for Jesus Christ as I was in the beginning, when I went out of my way to prove my devotion to Him? Does He ever find me pondering the time when I cared only for Him? Is that where I am now, or have I chosen man’s wisdom over true love for Him? Am I so in love with Him that I take no thought for where He might lead me? Or am I watching to see how much respect I get as I measure how much service I should give Him?

As I recall what God remembers about me, I may also begin to realize that He is not what He used to be to me. When this happens, I should allow the shame and humiliation it creates in my life, because it will bring godly sorrow, and “godly sorrow produces repentance . . .” (2 Corinthians 7:10).

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 18 Jan 2013, 11:59 pm

gretchjc "The greatest competitor of true devotion to Jesus is the service we do for Him." Oswald Chambers.

“It Is the Lord!”
01 18 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

Thomas answered and said to Him, ’My Lord and my God!’ —John 20:28

Jesus said to her, ’Give Me a drink’ ” (John 4:7). How many of us are expecting Jesus Christ to quench our thirst when we should be satisfying Him! We should be pouring out our lives, investing our total beings, not drawing on Him to satisfy us. “You shall be witnesses to Me . . .” (Acts 1:8). That means lives of pure, uncompromising, and unrestrained devotion to the Lord Jesus, which will be satisfying to Him wherever He may send us.

Beware of anything that competes with your loyalty to Jesus Christ. The greatest competitor of true devotion to Jesus is the service we do for Him. It is easier to serve than to pour out our lives completely for Him. The goal of the call of God is His satisfaction, not simply that we should do something for Him. We are not sent to do battle for God, but to be used by God in His battles. Are we more devoted to service than we are to Jesus Christ Himself?

"God brings me into the proper relationship with Himself so that I can understand His call, and then I serve Him on my own out of a motivation of absolute love...The Son of God reveals Himself in me, and out of devotion to Him service becomes my everyday way of life." Oswald Chambers

The Call of the Natural Life
01 17 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

When it pleased God . . . to reveal His Son in me . . . Galatians 1:15-16

The call of God is not a call to serve Him in any particular way. My contact with the nature of God will shape my understanding of His call and will help me realize what I truly desire to do for Him. The call of God is an expression of His nature; the service which results in my life is suited to me and is an expression of my nature. The call of the natural life was stated by the apostle Paul When it pleased God . . . to reveal His Son in me, that I might preach Him [that is, purely and solemnly express Him] among the Gentiles .

Service is the overflow which pours from a life filled with love and devotion. But strictly speaking, there is no call to that. Service is what I bring to the relationship and is the reflection of my identification with the nature of God. Service becomes a natural part of my life. God brings me into the proper relationship with Himself so that I can understand His call, and then I serve Him on my own out of a motivation of absolute love. Service to God is the deliberate love-gift of a nature that has heard the call of God. Service is an expression of my nature, and God's call is an expression of His nature. Therefore, when I receive His nature and hear His call, His divine voice resounds throughout His nature and mine and the two become one in service. The Son of God reveals Himself in me, and out of devotion to Him service becomes my everyday way of life.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Jan 2013, 12:14 pm

"As long as I dwell on my own qualities and traits and think about what I am suited for, I will never hear the call of God." Oswald Chambers.

The Voice of the Nature of God
01 16 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us? Isaiah 6:8

When we talk about the call of God, we often forget the most important thing, namely, the nature of Him who calls. There are many things calling each of us today. Some of these calls will be answered, and others will not even be heard. The call is the expression of the nature of the One who calls, and we can only recognize the call if that same nature is in us. The call of God is the expression of God's nature, not ours. God providentially weaves the threads of His call through our lives, and only we can distinguish them. It is the threading of God's voice directly to us over a certain concern, and it is useless to seek another persons opinion of it. Our dealings over the call of God should be kept exclusively between ourselves and Him.

The call of God is not a reflection of my nature; my personal desires and temperament are of no consideration. As long as I dwell on my own qualities and traits and think about what I am suited for, I will never hear the call of God. But when God brings me into the right relationship with Himself, I will be in the same condition Isaiah was. Isaiah was so attuned to God, because of the great crisis he had just endured, that the call of God penetrated his soul. The majority of us cannot hear anything but ourselves. And we cannot hear anything God says. But to be brought to the place where we can hear the call of God is to be profoundly changed.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Jan 2013, 10:56 pm

"...those who have come into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ..." Oswald Chambers.

Called By God
01 14 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: ’Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us?’ Then I said, ’Here am I! Send me’ —Isaiah 6:8

God did not direct His call to Isaiah— Isaiah overheard God saying, “. . . who will go for Us?” The call of God is not just for a select few but for everyone. Whether I hear God’s call or not depends on the condition of my ears, and exactly what I hear depends upon my spiritual attitude. “Many are called, but few are chosen” (Matthew 22:14). That is, few prove that they are the chosen ones. The chosen ones are those who have come into a relationship with God through Jesus Christ and have had their spiritual condition changed and their ears opened. Then they hear “the voice of the Lord” continually asking, “. . . who will go for Us?” However, God doesn’t single out someone and say, “Now, you go.” He did not force His will on Isaiah. Isaiah was in the presence of God, and he overheard the call. His response, performed in complete freedom, could only be to say, “Here am I! Send me.”

Remove the thought from your mind of expecting God to come to force you or to plead with you. When our Lord called His disciples, He did it without irresistible pressure from the outside. The quiet, yet passionate, insistence of His “Follow Me” was spoken to men whose every sense was receptive (Matthew 4:19). If we will allow the Holy Spirit to bring us face to face with God, we too will hear what Isaiah heard-”the voice of the Lord.” In perfect freedom we too will say, “Here am I! Send me.”

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 13 Jan 2013, 7:05 pm

"We can only be used by God after we allow Him to show us the deep, hidden areas of our own character. It is astounding how ignorant we are about ourselves! We don’t even recognize the envy, laziness, or pride within us when we see it. But Jesus will reveal to us everything we have held within ourselves before His grace began to work. How many of us have learned to look inwardly with courage?" Oswald Chambers

Have You Ever Been Alone with God?
01 12 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers

When they were alone, He explained all things to His disciples —Mark 4:34

Our Solitude with Him. Jesus doesn’t take us aside and explain things to us all the time; He explains things to us as we are able to understand them. The lives of others are examples for us, but God requires us to examine our own souls. It is slow work— so slow that it takes God all of time and eternity to make a man or woman conform to His purpose. We can only be used by God after we allow Him to show us the deep, hidden areas of our own character. It is astounding how ignorant we are about ourselves! We don’t even recognize the envy, laziness, or pride within us when we see it. But Jesus will reveal to us everything we have held within ourselves before His grace began to work. How many of us have learned to look inwardly with courage?

We have to get rid of the idea that we understand ourselves. That is always the last bit of pride to go. The only One who understands us is God. The greatest curse in our spiritual life is pride. If we have ever had a glimpse of what we are like in the sight of God, we will never say, “Oh, I’m so unworthy.” We will understand that this goes without saying. But as long as there is any doubt that we are unworthy, God will continue to close us in until He gets us alone. Whenever there is any element of pride or conceit remaining, Jesus can’t teach us anything. He will allow us to experience heartbreak or the disappointment we feel when our intellectual pride is wounded. He will reveal numerous misplaced affections or desires— things over which we never thought He would have to get us alone. Many things are shown to us, often without effect. But when God gets us alone over them, they will be clear.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 12 Jan 2013, 1:19 am

"Salvation means that we are brought to the place where we are able to receive something from God on the authority of Jesus Christ, namely, forgiveness of sins." Oswald Chambers

The Opened Sight
01 10 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

I now send you, to open their eyes . . . that they may receive forgiveness of sins . . . —Acts 26:17-18

This verse is the greatest example of the true essence of the message of a disciple of Jesus Christ in all of the New Testament.

God’s first sovereign work of grace is summed up in the words, “. . . that they may receive forgiveness of sins . . . .” When a person fails in his personal Christian life, it is usually because he has never received anything. The only sign that a person is saved is that he has received something from Jesus Christ. Our job as workers for God is to open people’s eyes so that they may turn themselves from darkness to light. But that is not salvation; it is conversion-only the effort of an awakened human being. I do not think it is too broad a statement to say that the majority of so-called Christians are like this. Their eyes are open, but they have received nothing. Conversion is not regeneration. This is a neglected fact in our preaching today. When a person is born again, he knows that it is because he has received something as a gift from Almighty God and not because of his own decision. People may make vows and promises, and may be determined
to follow through, but none of this is salvation. Salvation means that we are brought to the place where we are able to receive something from God on the authority of Jesus Christ, namely, forgiveness of sins.

This is followed by God’s second mighty work of grace: “. . . an inheritance among those who are sanctified . . . .” In sanctification, the one who has been born again deliberately gives up his right to himself to Jesus Christ, and identifies himself entirely with God’s ministry to others.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Jan 2013, 10:03 pm

"Yet the last person we get intimate with is Jesus...True friendship is rare on earth. It means identifying with someone in thought, heart, and spirit...do we really know Him?" Oswald Chambers.

Intimate With Jesus
Jan 07 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers

Jesus said to him, ’Have I been with you so long, and yet you have not known Me, Philip?’ —John 14:9

These words were not spoken as a rebuke, nor even with surprise; Jesus was encouraging Philip to draw closer. Yet the last person we get intimate with is Jesus. Before Pentecost the disciples knew Jesus as the One who gave them power to conquer demons and to bring about a revival (see Luke 10:18-20). It was a wonderful intimacy, but there was a much closer intimacy to come: “. . . I have called you friends . . .” (John 15:15).

True friendship is rare on earth. It means identifying with someone in thought, heart, and spirit. The whole experience of life is designed to enable us to enter into this closest relationship with Jesus Christ. We receive His blessings and know His Word, but do we really know Him?

Jesus said, “It is to your advantage that I go away . . .” (John 16:7). He left that relationship to lead them even closer. It is a joy to Jesus when a disciple takes time to walk more intimately with Him. The bearing of fruit is always shown in Scripture to be the visible result of an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ (see John 15:1-4).

Once we get intimate with Jesus we are never lonely and we never lack for understanding or compassion. We can continually pour out our hearts to Him without being perceived as overly emotional or pitiful. The Christian who is truly intimate with Jesus will never draw attention to himself but will only show the evidence of a life where Jesus is completely in control. This is the outcome of allowing Jesus to satisfy every area of life to its depth. The picture resulting from such a life is that of the strong, calm balance that our Lord gives to those who are intimate with Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 06 Jan 2013, 11:31 pm

{The Healing Heart} There's Joy in...

"Work willingly at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and that the Master you are serving is Christ." Colossians 3

How many of us think 'ministry&# 39; is public leadership?

Do we realize that real 'ministry&# 39; isn't public but personal, one on one, in the backroads and hidden places of life?

There is true joy in obscurity!

Many people do not get involved in 'ministry&# 39; because it has been portrayed as public, for trained professionals. How much more wrong a perception can there be??

Reading through The Bible, those who truly served were those who were not up front but those who were behind, in the back, not getting any attention. Those were the ones who were truly serving for they had no notoriety, no fame.

There has been a trend in many churches and/or denominations that people attach titles to their names in order to promote themselves. How this does not agree with Scripture!

When those who were seeking more responsibility in the New Testament Church went to the leaders and requested it, they were first put in the trenches, the backroads in order to serve humbly without any attention or fame. It was there that they, and their intentions, were proved.

Paul noted in his letter to The Church in Corinth to 'seek the greater gifts' but that does not mean seek personal attention or fame. Those gifts required more sacrifice, more humility, more preparation time, more humbling. It means to be willing to be put in the trenches to serve, without fame, while
God equips and prepares you for real service.

Real service has not fame or glory, it is humble, God-seeking and faithful regardless of the task.

Those who seek glory have it but for a moment, but those who serve faithfully honor God. In all things it is He Who alone promotes and demotes, not man. When man, or woman, promotes themselves God is not in it. When God is in it, it is because they have not sought attention or fame, just faithfully
gave of their time and/or talents serving God by serving others.

Service has no perks or benefits other than bringing attention to God. Jesus showed this, in His humility, Philippians 2.

There is joy in obscurity. For we have been led to believe that leadership is public when in God's Word it is the opposite. Leadership is serving wherever and whenever, using your gifts and talents and abilities to care for others, honoring God in the process.

It bring far more joy to serve humbly than it ever does to get attention, be 'in front'. Being on the front lines brings exceeding responsibility, personal sacrifice, and depth of character. See God's requirement for front line service in 1 Timothy.

I study leadership principles on a regular basis, primarily from my years in business but also from a Christian, and Biblical, perspective. The
sign of a true leader is one who does not seek attention but one who guides from behind, motivating and encouraging those who have been
given them to lead.

True leadership is not 'up front', but 'out behind'.

For those who want leadership, learning in the trenches is the beginning. For those who've had leadership and have left it, consider this: God
likely has a better place for you to use your talents and abilities than 'up front', and He will bring you to that place to serve where your heart
and joy resides. Trust Him to do it, to restore, rebuild, grant you the desires of your heart (Psalm 37).

God wants all believers to serve, to lead, to use their talents and abilities so that - to the world - we give Him full attention and honor, because
the world needs to know Him.

Determine today to be willing to serve wherever your heart leads you to go, and trust God to open the doors to that place. He will!

Copyright 2013, Gretchen Offord, Susannah' s Grace Life Coaching. All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Jan 2013, 9:12 pm

"He brings us to the place where He asks us to be our utmost for Him and we begin to debate. He then providentially produces a crisis where we have to decide— for or against. That moment becomes a great crossroads in our lives." Oswald Chambers.

Let Us Keep to the Point
Jan 01 2013 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

". . . my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ will be magnified in my body, whether by life or by death" —Philippians 1:20

My Utmost for His Highest. “. . . my earnest expectation and hope that in nothing I shall be ashamed . . . .� We will all feel very much ashamed if we do not yield to Jesus the areas of our lives He has asked us to yield to Him. It’s as if Paul were saying, “My determined purpose is to be my utmost for His highest— my best for His glory.�

To reach that level of determination is a matter of the will, not of debate or of reasoning. It is absolute and irrevocable surrender of the will at that point. An undue amount of thought and consideration for ourselves is what keeps us from making that decision, although we cover it up with the pretense that it is others we are considering. When we think seriously about what it will cost others if we obey the call of Jesus, we tell God He doesn’t know what our obedience will mean. Keep to the point— He does know. Shut out every other thought and keep yourself before God in this one thing only— my utmost for His highest. I am determined to be absolutely and entirely for Him and Him alone.

My Unstoppable Determination for His Holiness. “Whether it means life or death-it makes no difference!� (see Philippians 1:21). Paul was determined that nothing would stop him from doing exactly what God wanted. But before we choose to follow God’s will, a crisis must develop in our lives. This happens because we tend to be unresponsive to God’s gentler nudges. He brings us to the place where He asks us to be our utmost for Him and we begin to debate. He then providentially produces a crisis where we have to decide— for or against. That moment becomes a great crossroads in our lives. If a crisis has come to you on any front, surrender your will to Jesus absolutely and irrevocably.

Â
Susannah's Grace Life Coaching (Leadership; Mentoring; Counseling ) ~ Healing For The Wounded Heart
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Jan 2013, 12:04 am

"But God is the God of our yesterdays, and He allows the memory of them to turn the past into a ministry of spiritual growth for our future. God reminds us of the past to protect us from a very shallow security in the present." Oswald Chambers.

Yesterday
Dec 31 2012 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers.

You shall not go out with haste, . . . for the Lord will go before you, and the God of Israel will be your rear guard —Isaiah 52:12

Security from Yesterday. “. . . God requires an account of what is past” (Ecclesiastes 3:15). At the end of the year we turn with eagerness to all that God has for the future, and yet anxiety is apt to arise when we remember our yesterdays. Our present enjoyment of God’s grace tends to be lessened by the memory of yesterday’s sins and blunders. But God is the God of our yesterdays, and He allows the memory of them to turn the past into a ministry of spiritual growth for our future. God reminds us of the past to protect us from a very shallow security in the present.

Security for Tomorrow. “. . . the Lord will go before you . . . .” This is a gracious revelation— that God will send His forces out where we have failed to do so. He will keep watch so that we will not be tripped up again by the same failures, as would undoubtedly happen if He were not our “rear guard.” And God’s hand reaches back to the past, settling all the claims against our conscience.

Security for Today. “You shall not go out with haste . . . .” As we go forth into the coming year, let it not be in the haste of impetuous, forgetful delight, nor with the quickness of impulsive thoughtlessness. But let us go out with the patient power of knowing that the God of Israel will go before us. Our yesterdays hold broken and irreversible things for us. It is true that we have lost opportunities that will never return, but God can transform this destructive anxiety into a constructive thoughtfulness for the future. Let the past rest, but let it rest in the sweet embrace of Christ.

Leave the broken, irreversible past in His hands, and step out into the invincible future with Him.

Susannah's Grace Life Coaching (Leadership; Mentoring; Counseling ) ~ Healing For The Wounded Heart
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 Dec 2012, 8:32 pm

Pull Up a Chair
John 17:3
"This is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."
I read a gripping story of a godly old man whose days were coming to an end. A priest went to visit him in his hospital room and noticed an empty chair beside the man's bed. He asked, "Have you had a visitor?" The man replied, "No, I haven't had a visitor. But when I became a Christian as a youth, someone told me that praying was like talking to your very best friend. When I heard that, I decided to pull up an empty chair beside me every day and invite Christ to sit and talk with me. And I just finished my conversation with the Lord."
After the man passed away, his daughter wrote of her visit to the hospital room. She said of her father:
"He seemed content, so I left him for a few hours. When I returned, I knew that he had gone to be with the Lord. But the interesting thing was that his head was not resting on his pillow. His body had turned and his head was resting on the seat of an empty hair that had been pulled up close to his bed."
Isn't that a remarkable picture? We, who are weak and frail like this dying man, have been given the opportunity to rest our head on the loving, omnipotent breast of God. Death is only a continuation of the pursuit we begin in this life to know God. That is why prayer is a taste of heaven on earth. God, in His humility and love toward us, stepped down from His heavenly throne and seated Himself upon the chair of our heart where we can intimately and personally converse with Him.
George Macdonald, the Scottish pastor who had a profound impact on C. S. Lewis, illustrated this beautifully when he said:
"I used to play a game with my two children when they were young. I would clutch some pennies in my hand and allow them to pry open my fingers to get the coins. My children would sit in my lap and work feverishly to get the money. Once they captured the coins, they would scream with delight and jump down to treasure their prize. I loved having my youngsters laugh and play while sitting on my lap—the pennies were insignificant."
Macdonald went on to apply this truth: "While God, in His grace, does give good gifts to His children, He offers us more than that . . . He offers us Himself. Those who are merely satisfied with the trinkets in the Father's hands miss the best reward of prayer—the reward of communicating and communing with the God of the universe."
As we go to God in prayer, let's remember that the greatest thrill in praying to Him is not in seeing how He will answer our petitions, nor in discovering what trinkets He might be holding in His all-powerful hand. The greatest privilege is actually being able to have a conversation with God Himself!
Perhaps prayer will become a personal conversation . . . if you pull up an empty chair.
Prayer Point: Go ahead—pull up a chair beside you right now and tell God how grateful you are for His friendship. Spend a few moments talking with Him: tell Him your struggles, your joys, your thoughts; ask Him your questions; thank Him for allowing you to have a conversation with Him, much less a personal relationship with the Lord of all the universe.
Extra Refreshment: Read John 17.
{The Healing Heart} Words

It says in The Bible that the tongue can either be a poison, a relentless weapon, or a healing tool, a nurturing brook. It is through our words
that we can tear others down, or we can encourage and build them up.

Though not a sports fan, I was reading an article today (as I usually read articles with information on leadership, emotions
or healing) about a sports player who had become very upset with the relentless assault on his reputation
and thus character.

It seems his comments made privately were misunderstood and thus publicly twisted by someone with, it appears,
a resentment towards him.

It occurred to me that while we often are misunderstood and misrepresented on a temporary basis, and usually those
moments are quickly overcome with a simple conversation, a long time assault on our reputation
and thus character can be personally devastating. It would be, then, that those times when a person
is at the other end of a cycle of perpetuating a continuing verbal (and emotional, mental, even spiritual) assault, those
timescan be heartbreaking for a person to endure.

Many times we believe what we hear about another person without verifying the information. In true journalism,
facts are verified by more than one source in order to confirm the accuracy of them. But do we, when hearing
information about another person (aka gossip) take the time to consider the source as the saying goes, verify
information, even talk with the subject of the gossip to confirm facts?

Often we do not. Sad but true and this can wreak havoc in relationships.

We do not know the motivations, attitudes, or emotions of the heart in many people. Their public appearance
can be misleading to us, thus inviting us to trust them when we ought to be wise, and remember that
anyone is capable of spreading misinformation.

Simple fact sharing can be unhurtful, but throw in toxic emotions and there is a blazing fire lit, as The Bible
mentions, James 1-2.

A bitter (long time resentful and envious) person can spread misinformation simply because their hearts are
full of negativity. Sometimes they can do this without showing the bitterness, and this creates a widespread
poisoning of the minds and hearts of others, as mentioned in The Bible.

If we hear information in the form of gossip ('guess what I heard?') do we disregard it, or pass it on? Are we
sure of the facts or are we emotionally manipulated to believe what we are hearing?

Do we consider that there are many factors that go into hearing information, and passing it on? We can often be
poor listeners due to our poor 'receptors', attitudes and emotions that are unresolved thus inhibiting our
simple hearing of information.

We can hear misinformation, misunderstand information, or be influenced by a misinformer.

Worse, when we pass on misinformation we are hurting others indirectly.

In The Bible, as I read it, we are responsible for the words we communicate, regardless of the accuracy
or intent of those words.

It is heartbreaking when a bitter person continues to transfer their emotional pain to others via hurtful
communication. But when we 'aid and abet' them by believing and passing on the information, we
are becoming bitter also.

And our words can become a legacy, what we are known for.

Personally, I've seen how a bitter person can wreak havoc by emotionally loading their information, releasing their
pain but inflicting much damage on others. I've seen how innocent people can become deceived by
such behaviors, and by passing on such information, the cycle continues.

It can be very hard to undo the damage done by miscommunication, though it can be done with simple
conversations, listening, and seeking truth.

Choosing to use words wisely is the best way to encourage others, and leave a legacy of encouragement.

TODAY: Today I choose to think twice about what I hear, considering the source or sources, and will speak
of others as I'd have them speak of me. I will choose to hold my tongue, and check my attitudes
and emotions to see how influential they are in my communications. I will attempt to verify information
about others, or clarify information about myself as opportunity exists.

Honest is the best policy.

For more info --> http://www.biblegat eway.com/ passage/? search=james% 201-2&version= AMP

Copyright 2012 Gretchen Offord, Susannah's Grace Life Coaching. All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 Dec 2012, 1:02 am

Just as our Lord came into human history from outside it, He must also come
into me from outside. Have I allowed my personal human life to become a
“Bethlehem� for the Son of God?" Oswald Chambers
His Birth and Our New Birth
Dec 25 2012 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers (b 1874, d 1917 WWI)

’Behold, the virgin shall be with
child, and bear a Son, and they shall call His name Immanuel,’ which is
translated, ’God with us’ —Matthew 1:23

His Birth in History. “. . . that Holy One who is to be born will be called the Son of God (Luke 1:35). Jesus Christ was born into this world, not from it. He did not emerge out of history; He came into history from the
outside. Jesus Christ is not the best human being the human race can
boast of— He is a Being for whom the human race can take no credit at
all. He is not man becoming God, but God Incarnate— God coming into
human flesh from outside it. His life is the highest and the holiest
entering through the most humble of doors. Our Lord’s birth was an
advent— the appearance of God in human form.

His Birth in Me. “My little children, for whom I labor in birth again until Christ is formed in you . . .� (Galatians 4:19). Just as our Lord came into human history from outside it, He must also
come into me from outside. Have I allowed my personal human life to
become a “Bethlehem� for the Son of God? I cannot enter the realm of the kingdom of God unless I am born again from above by a birth totally
unlike physical birth. “You must be born again� (John 3:7). This is not [only] a command, but a fact based on the authority of God. The
evidence of the new birth is that I yield myself so completely to God
that “Christ is formed� in me. And once “Christ is formed� in me, His
nature immediately begins to work through me.

God Evident in the Flesh. This is what is made so profoundly possible for you and for me through the redemption of man by Jesus Christ.

-------

Daily Light on the Daily Path
Devotional by Samuel Bagster

December 25

MORNING

The kindness and love of God our Saviour toward man appeared. Titus 3:4

I have loved thee with an everlasting love. Jer. 31:3

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent
his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.
Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent
his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. I John 4:9, 10

When the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a
woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law, that
we might receive the adoption of sons. Gal. 4:4, 5

The Word
was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory
as of the only begotten of the Father), full of grace and truth. John
1:14

Great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh. I Tim. 3:16

As the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself
likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him
that had the power of death, that is, the devil. Heb. 2:14

EVENING

Thanks be unto God for his unspeakable gift. II Cor. 9:15

Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands. Serve the LORD with
gladness; come before his presence with singing. Enter into his gates
with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto
him, and bless his name. Psa. 100:1, 2, 4

For unto us a child
is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his
shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty
God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Isa. 9:6-7

He ... spared not his own Son, but delivered him up for us all. Rom. 8:32

Having yet ... one son, his well beloved, he sent him. Mark 12:6

Oh that men would praise the LORD for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men! Psa. 107:21

Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Psa. 103:1

My soul doth magnify the Lord, and my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour. Luke 1:46, 47

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 24 Dec 2012, 12:02 pm

"Do I long to be so closely identified with Jesus that I am of no value for anything except Him and His purposes?... That is why the underlying foundation of Christianity is personal, passionate devotion to the Lord Jesus." Oswald Chambers

Sharing in the Atonement
Dec 23 2012 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers (b 1874, d 1917 WWI)

God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ . . .Galatians 6:14

The gospel of Jesus Christ always forces a decision of our will. Have I accepted God's verdict on sin as judged on the Cross of Christ? Do I have even the slightest interest in the death of Jesus? Do I want to be identified with His death to be completely dead to all interest in sin, worldliness, and self? Do I long to be so closely identified with Jesus that I am of no value for anything except Him and His purposes? The great privilege of discipleship is that I can commit myself under the banner of His Cross, and that means death to sin.

You must get alone with Jesus and either decide to tell Him that you do not want sin to die out in you, or that at any cost you want to be identified with His death. When you act in confident faith in what our Lord did on the cross, a supernatural identification with His death takes place immediately. And you will come to know through a higher knowledge that your old life was crucified with Him (Romans 6:6). The proof that your old life is dead, having been crucified with Christ(Galatians 2:20), is the amazing ease with which the life of God in you now enables you to obey the voice of Jesus Christ.

Every once in a while our Lord gives us a glimpse of what we would be like if it were not for Him. This is a confirmation of what He said . . without Me you can do nothing(John 15:5). That is why the underlying foundation of Christianity is personal, passionate devotion to the Lord Jesus. We mistake the joy of our first introduction into God's kingdom as His purpose for getting us there. Yet God's purpose in getting us into His kingdom is that we may realize all that identification with Jesus Christ means.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 22 Dec 2012, 9:08 pm

"Belief is not the result of an intellectual act, but the result of an act of my will...There must be a surrender of the will, not a surrender to a persuasive or powerful argument. " Oswald Chambers

The Drawing of the Father
Dec 22 2012 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers (b 1874, d 1917 WWI)

No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him . . . —John 6:44

When God begins to draw me to Himself, the problem of my will comes in immediately. Will I react positively to the truth that God has revealed? Will I come to Him? To discuss or deliberate over spiritual matters when God calls is inappropriate and disrespectful to Him. When God speaks, never discuss it with anyone as if to decide what your response may be (see Galatians 1:15-16). Belief is not the result of an intellectual act, but the result of an act of my will whereby I deliberately commit myself. But will I commit, placing myself completely and absolutely on God, and be willing to act solely on what He says? If I will, I will find that I am grounded on reality as certain as God’s throne.

In preaching the gospel, always focus on the matter of the will. Belief must come from the will to believe. There must be a surrender of the will, not a surrender to a persuasive or powerful argument. I must deliberately step out, placing my faith in God and in His truth. And I must place no confidence in my own works, but only in God. Trusting in my own mental understanding becomes a hindrance to complete trust in God. I must be willing to ignore and leave my feelings behind. I must will to believe. But this can never be accomplished without my forceful, determined effort to separate myself from my old ways of looking at things. I must surrender myself completely to God.

Everyone has been created with the ability to reach out beyond his own grasp. But it is God who draws me, and my relationship to Him in the first place is an inner, personal one, not an intellectual one. I come into the relationship through the miracle of God and through my own will to believe. Then I begin to get an intelligent appreciation and understanding of the wonder of the transformation in my life.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 19 Dec 2012, 1:50 pm

"We will be faithful to our work, to serving others, or to anything else; just don'™t ask us to be faithful to Jesus Christ." Oswald Chambers

Test of Faithfulness
Dec 18 2012 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers (b 1874, d 1917 WWI)

We know that all things work together for good to those who love God . . . Romans 8:28

It is only a faithful person who truly believes that God sovereignly controls his circumstances. We take our circumstances for granted, saying God is in control, but not really believing it. We act as if the things that happen were completely controlled by people. To be faithful in every circumstance means that we have only one loyalty, or object of our faith the Lord Jesus Christ. God may cause our circumstances to suddenly fall apart, which may bring the realization of our unfaithfulness to Him for not recognizing that He had ordained the situation. We never saw what He was trying to accomplish, and that exact event will never be repeated in our life. This is where the test of our faithfulness comes. If we will just learn to worship God even during the difficult circumstances, He will change them for the better very quickly if He so chooses.

Being faithful to Jesus Christ is the most difficult thing we try to do today. We will be faithful to our work, to serving others, or to anything else; just don'™t ask us to be faithful to Jesus Christ. Many Christians become very impatient when we talk about faithfulness to Jesus. Our Lord is dethroned more deliberately by Christian workers than by the world. We treat God as if He were a machine designed only to bless us, and we think of Jesus as just another one of the workers.

The goal of faithfulness is not that we will do work for God, but that He will be free to do His work through us. God calls us to His service and places tremendous responsibilities on us. He expects no complaining on our part and offers no explanation on His part. God wants to use us as He used His own Son.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Dec 2012, 10:19 pm

"True intercession involves bringing the person, or the circumstance that seems to be crashing in on you, before God, until you are changed by His attitude toward that person or circumstance. " Oswald Chambers

Intercessory Prayer
Dec 13 2012 - My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers (b 1874, d 1917 WWI)

. . . men always ought to pray and not lose heart —Luke 18:1

You cannot truly intercede through prayer if you do not believe in the reality of redemption. Instead, you will simply be turning intercession into useless sympathy for others, which will serve only to increase the contentment they have for remaining out of touch with God. True intercession involves bringing the person, or the circumstance that seems to be crashing in on you, before God, until you are changed by His attitude toward that person or circumstance. Intercession means to “fill up . . . [with] what is lacking in the afflictions of Christ” (Colossians 1:24), and this is precisely why there are so few intercessors. People describe intercession by saying, “It is putting yourself in someone else’s place.” That is not true! Intercession is putting yourself in God’s place; it is having His mind and His perspective.

As an intercessor, be careful not to seek too much information from God regarding the situation you are praying about, because you may be overwhelmed. If you know too much, more than God has ordained for you to know, you can’t pray; the circumstances of the people become so overpowering that you are no longer able to get to the underlying truth.

Our work is to be in such close contact with God that we may have His mind about everything, but we shirk that responsibility by substituting doing for interceding. And yet intercession is the only thing that has no drawbacks, because it keeps our relationship completely open with God.

What we must avoid in intercession is praying for someone to be simply “patched up.” We must pray that person completely through into contact with the very life of God. Think of the number of people God has brought across our path, only to see us drop them! When we pray on the basis of redemption, God creates something He can create in no other way than through intercessory prayer.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:47 pm

{The Healing Heart} Spiritual Genes & Heredity

"And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God [do not offend or vex or sadden Him], by Whom you were sealed (marked, branded as God’s
own, secured) for the day of redemption (of final deliverance through
Christ from evil and the consequences of sin)." Ephesians 4

"Do not quench (suppress or subdue) the [Holy] Spirit.." 1 Thessalonians 5

"The LORD is slow to anger, abounding in love and forgiving sin and
rebellion. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the
children for the sin of the fathers to the third andfourthgeneration ." Numbers 14

What happens when sin goes unconfessed, and unrepented, in a person's life? Sin (disobeying God's Word) initially grieves (saddens) The
Holy Spirit. Over time, and in certain situations, The Holy Spirit can be quenched. When one has unresolved sin before God, s/he will
deal with it before God, but what about families where sin has been neglected?

One of the special studies in which I am engaged is studying how families carry on traditions of behavior, emotion, and thought over generations. Children often
re-enact events of one or both parents in their lives, sometimes without even knowing such events occurred.

We can read the news and see that a child repeats similar behaviors as a parent in terms of rebellion or illegal behavior. I recall a son committing the
same crime as his father and doing time as did his father. I also recall a young woman using drugs and alcohol just as her mother did, as if it were

simply a facet of life though most would agree it is not.

Many of us can identify with one parent or family tree in terms of personality, traits, etc.

But what about spiritually? What did God mean exactly in Numbers 14 about family sins? It would seem that unresolved sins can cause

a spiritual heredity within family systems. Our sins affect others. God has warned that our sins (or our obedience to Him) will carry on

generationally, thus it is more our
self-punishment to our descendants than His punishment. It is up to uswhether or not we will heed His Word.

Can a Christian who is serving God be carrying (their own unresolved sin) or passing on a negative unhealthy family
traditionjust because of the family into which s/he was born? And if so,what would the effects be on his children, grandchildren, etc.?

Would any sin qualify or just certain ones? Would conditions of the heart (bitterness, unforgiveness, anger; thorns, cares of life) be passed on to our children, etc.?

It would seem likely when we are looking at family histories where similar behaviors, attitudes, emotions, abilities continue with each passing generation. In
recovery, one evaluates the history of their families, to see where & how much alcohol or other substances (drugs) have influenced their
relatives. It is in the learning from those who have preceded us where we learn our predispositions, weaknesses, talents and strengths.

The same would apply spiritually. If we have a family history of religiosity then it is possible that our Christian faith can possibly be a tradition, for
we learn from our families in many areas, a formal system of rites and rituals, where issues of the heart go unresolved (let alone

unidentified) and, as such, all can be passed downgenerationally.

Or it could be a vibrant transforming relationship of faith and trust in God, submitted to His authority in our lives, a determination on our parts to
know Him and let Him know us to the depths of our hearts.

It is in our lives -- our hearts, minds, and activities --that determine our spiritual legacy: of religion (working
to be righteous, try to earn our salvation or sanctification) ; orof a healthy vibrant relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

What consequences would there be if we hold to a Christian faith but in truth our hearts remain unchanged, the hurts and bitterness of the past remain unresolved? What if we
hold to a religious faith that demands perfection? How would our children respond (with anger, resentment, hurt, rebellion) and if our children then also our
grandchildren? If our hearts remain unchanged then quite possibly then our children, grandchildren can see through that hypocrisy and choose to not have
a relationship with God.

Do we take Jesus' emphasis on the heart seriously or do we continue with our intelligent faith (religion)?

What Jesus taught us, and commanded as well, reflects His serious perspective on what matters if we call ourselves Christian, belonging
to Christ.

Christianity is not to be an intelligent head-based study, but a heart-felt relationship with God. Our legacies will reflect what
kind of faith we had, for our descendants will show it, as God warned in Numbers.

With which do we identify more? Matthew 23 (religious)?

Or Luke 18 ("But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.")
Psalm 51, Psalm 139, 1-2 Timothy?

What kind of spiritual legacy have you inherited? What do you want to leave?

It is important, God says.

Decide today, and make your relationship with God healthy, and worth a legacy.

Copyright 2012 Gretchen Offord, Susannah's Grace Life Coaching. All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next