World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 31 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyToday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyToday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyToday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyToday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Meditation Chip Brogden

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next

Go down

Meditation Chip Brogden - Page 19 Empty Re: Meditation Chip Brogden

Post  Admin Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:51 pm

June 21

Having Him

“We know that the Son of God has come and has
given us an understanding, that we may know Him...”
1 JOHN 5:20

There is a difference between salvation and a Savior; between deliverance and a Deliverer; between healing and a Healer; between redemption and a Redeemer. The first is a “thing,” the second is a Person. This may sound self-evident and elementary, but before God the difference is vast, and in actual experience the difference is incalculable. If we are not clear on the matter of His Son we will find the Christian life very difficult, if not impossible, to live. I have the “thing” because I have Him; having Him, I do not need to search for the “thing” anymore. What do you have? An experience? A word? A doctrine? A belief? Or a Man? This is the difference between a living Christianity and a dead religion.
Source: Lord of All by Chip Brogden

©1997-2014 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears. Share this message with your friends!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 20 Jun 2014, 4:42 pm

June 20

The Five-Fold Ministry: Still Needed?

“He Himself gave some to be apostles,
some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors
and teachers… for the edifying of the body of Christ,
till we all come… to the measure of the stature
of the fullness of Christ.”
EPHESIANS 4:11-13

Does the Body of Christ still need to be edified and encouraged? Have we all attained to the unity of the faith? Have we all obtained the full-knowledge of the Son of God? Have we all come to spiritual maturity? If the answer to all these questions is no, then these foundational ministries – ALL of them – are still needed today. And if they are still needed, then God has not withdrawn them.
Source: The Church in the Wilderness by Chip Brogde

©1997-2014 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears. Share this message with your friends!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:24 pm

June 18

Self-Esteem vs. Christ-Esteem

“I say, through the grace given to me,
to everyone who is among you, not to think of himself
more highly than he ought to think.”
ROMANS 12:3

We do not need Self-Esteem, we need Christ-Esteem. The more we see of Jesus the less we will trust in ourselves.
That is why, once Paul learned his lesson, he wrote, “We have no confidence in the flesh” (Philippians 3:3). He then goes on to list quite a number of things that seem important in terms of religion, status, social order, education, and good works – all the things that tend to make one self-confident and self-righteous. With one grand stroke, Paul says, “Yet, I count them all as dung, that I may win Christ.” He simply discards what some people spend a lifetime trying to achieve. Here is a man who knows the sufficiency of God as well as the insufficiency of himself.
Source: Embrace the Cross by Chip Brogden

June 19

Dead Men Cannot Die

“They overcame [the dragon] by
the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony;
and they did not love their lives to the death.”
REVELATION 12:11

No one can overcome a spiritual adversary unless they embrace the Cross. The ones who overcome the dragon do so by the blood of the Lamb and by not loving their own lives. Their testimony is: “not I, but Christ.” The blood, and loving not their life, and their testimony, all point to the same thing: these are people of the Cross. They did not love their own lives, but they gave up their lives; therefore God has raised them from the dead and they have entered into the victory of Christ.
You cannot kill a dead man. You cannot defeat a person who has already died. What more can you do to a man once he has died and been raised to life again?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Jun 2014, 9:43 pm

June 17

Deep Suffering, Deep Revelation

“When Daniel knew that the writing was signed,
he went home. And in his upper room, with his windows open
toward Jerusalem, he knelt down on his knees three times
that day, and prayed and gave thanks before his God,
as was his custom since early days.” 
DANIEL 6:10

I have found through personal experience that the lion’s den usually comes about the same time as the revelation. The burden to pray comes with the edict forbidding prayer; Daniel labors for God’s purpose while Daniel’s enemies labor for his death; the answer comes along with a death sentence. This is not unusual, but quite common. Apostolic revelation and apostolic persecution go hand-in-hand. Revelation does not come to us apart from our circumstance, our environment, our struggle, our wrestling.
Many want the revelation but they do not want the lion’s den. They want the angels but not the enemies. Yet the depth of the revelation is measured by the depth of the suffering, and if our sufferings are light, then our revelation is shallow.
Source: The Irresistible Kingdom by Chip Brogden

Hi Elaine

Do you like to read books - real books with real pages?

So do I.

Unfortunately, the cost of printing and shipping physical books is
no longer affordable or cost-effective for us.

So we are discontinuing all of our book titles currently in print.

If you'd like to get your hands on the few printed books we
have remaining, you can order them here:

http://theschoolofchrist.org/catalog

These are available on a first-come, first-served basis, until we
run out.

By the way... my last book, "Heart of Fire," should
arrive next week, at which time we will begin shipping orders.

Thank you for supporting Christ-centered teaching!

In Him,
Chip Brogden
http://TheSchoolOfChrist.Org

©1997-2014 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted
for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears.
Share this message with your friends!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 16 Jun 2014, 7:37 pm

June 15

A Living Pillar

“He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar
in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more.” 
REVELATION 3:12

Overcomers are pillars in the temple of God. It is not a question of how many times can we “attend” something, but whether or not we are abiding at all times. Pillars are an integral part of the structure; if they were to suddenly “go out,” the building would collapse.
What are we saying? That God’s highest is not for us to come in and to go out, but to be a pillar. Overcomers are pillars in the temple of God, and that is a heavenly matter. However you wish to interpret this, one thing is clear: they have learned how to minister to the Lord continually, regardless of time or place. It is Spirit and Truth worship the Father seeks, and they give Him what He is looking for. There is no holy day or sacred hour or special devotion. They do not have to “come into” the presence of the Lord because they LIVE IN the presence of the Lord continually. And so they overcome the earthly by abiding in the heavenly.

June 16

Touching the Lord

“I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger,
and he who believes in Me shall never thirst.” 
JOHN 6:35

So how do we touch Him directly? “He who comes to Me.” Can it really be this easy? A better question is: why should it be difficult? I can come to Him whether I am driving down the street, walking down the sidewalk, or sitting in my chair. I can come to Him whether it is Sunday morning or Tuesday night or Friday afternoon. I can come to Him in a large group, or with two or three, or all by myself. I can come to Him in the desert, in the garden, in the church building, or in the prison camp. I am prevented from doing many things due to circumstance, location, state of mind, or resources. But one thing I cannot be prevented from doing is coming to the Lord.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 14 Jun 2014, 2:52 pm

June 13

Whom Shall I Fear?

"Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God,
that He may exalt you in due time.” 
1 PETER 5:6

When we are submitted to the Lord, we find Grace. We find Peace. We find Rest. All things are in His hands, and He does all things well. We need not fear what any devil or any man can do to us. To be submitted to the Lord is to be under His care, under His guidance, under His power, under His protection. Whom shall I fear? What can man do to me? What can the devil do to me?
If I have humbled myself beneath the mighty hand of God then He will exalt me in due season; He will justify me; He will defend me; He will fight for me. If our submission to God is complete, if our surrender to the Lord is total, then victory is assured.

Last night we completed our six month study of the Book of John. I
really enjoyed getting into the Word with everyone!

I will not be doing the live weekly teachings anymore, however...

You can get full (and free) access to all the messages from John,
and 20 other titles in our MP3 Library, containing hundreds of
individual messages.

Get them here:
http://theschoolofchrist.org/mp3

Feel free to use these for your own personal or group studies.

Thank you for supporting Christ-centered teaching at The School of
Christ!

In Him,
Chip Brogden

P.S. Our "family situation" is complex and ongoing with
several unresolved issues. We appreciate everyone who has been
praying for us, and hope you will continue to pray as the Lord
leads.

June 14

What is Good for Him?

“Peter said to Jesus, ‘Master, it is good for us
to be here; and let us make three tabernacles.’” 
LUKE 9:33

Christians seek many spiritual things: anointing, power, gifts, blessing, fruit, wisdom, prosperity. I pray the Lord will make us thoroughly and completely dissatisfied with THINGS, even the things He gives us, and make us hungry and thirsty for Himself.
May we judge things not by whether they are “good for us,” but whether they are good for the Lord, whether His Will is done in them, whether His Need is met by them, whether His Purpose is fulfilled in them, whether His Son is seen through them. He is the Only One, the Beloved Son of God. May the Lord be transfigured before us!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Jun 2014, 10:04 pm

June 12

Love Your Enemies

“In [Christ] are hidden all the
treasures of wisdom and knowledge.” 
COLOSSIANS 2:3

It is not that God gives us revelation into five, ten, one hundred, or one thousand things. None of these “things” by themselves really matter. Rather, He has placed all those “things” within Christ, and reveals Christ to us. He will not reveal anything to us apart from the Revelation of Jesus Christ. To possess the Son is to possess all that pertains to the Son, for the Scriptures declare, “He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?” (Romans 8:32).
It is not that God desires to give us revelation into these many things, but for us to have the Revelation of Jesus Christ. By apprehending Him we will subsequently gain insight in those “things.” To seek revelation into the “things” apart from the Revelation of Christ fails to give Christ the preeminence. We dare not circumvent the knowledge of Him in the pursuit of “things,” even spiritual things, for they are all summed up into Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Jun 2014, 6:57 am

June 11

Love Your Enemies

“Love your enemies, bless those who curse you,
do good to those who hate you, and pray for those
who spitefully use you and persecute you.” 
MATTHEW 5:44

The nature of the Kingdom of God is quite different, and its character reflects that difference. There is not a kingdom on the face of the earth that could ever adopt a philosophy that says “love your enemies.” If you accept the premise that Jesus really is a King then you are compelled to acknowledge that this King and His Kingdom are truly not of this world.
A national defense policy based on “Love Your Enemies” would be political and national suicide for any earthly government. This Heavenly Order is such a radical departure from the ways of the world that it requires some rather deep experiences with God before a person can really enter into the service of the King, because that service is so unlike anything anyone has ever seen or experienced.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Jun 2014, 7:24 am

June 10

All Thing Subdued to Himself

“He is able even to subdue all things to Himself.” 
PHILIPPIANS 3:21

What a mighty God we serve! Exactly how the Lord goes about bringing all things into submission unto Himself is… how can we describe it? It is an art. It is a science. There is a process at work in this universe. Do you see it? It is a process through which the Lord is continually refining, purging, molding, chastening, disciplining, judging, and conforming all things. This process is working itself out on every level, from galaxies, to nations, to the innermost recesses of the souls of men, right down to the very last disciple and sinner.
Throw yourself onto the Rock and be broken; or wait for it to fall on you and be ground into powder (Luke 20:18, Daniel 2:34,35). Either way, sooner or later, the Rock wins, for “He MUST increase, but I MUST decrease” (John 3:30).
Elaine

Peter had a way of worrying about things that were really none of
his business.

After Jesus restored Peter and said, "Feed My sheep,"
Peter looked around at John and asked, "What about this guy?
What's he supposed to be doing?"

Jesus basically said, "What difference does that make to you?
I want YOU to follow ME."

Being concerned with what everyone else is doing seems to be a
favorite pastime for some Christians.

But really, it comes down to one thing:

YOU must follow Him.

Never mind what the church does.

Never mind what your friends on Facebook do.

YOU follow Me, Jesus said.

"What about him? What about them?"

None of your business.

YOU follow Me.

What everyone else does is ultimately between them and the Lord.

If you're following Him closely you won't have time to look
around and see what everyone else is doing.

And most of the time, that's a good thing.

Jesus needs you to just pay attention to Him for awhile and not
turn following Him into a group activity.

When I married my wife 24 years ago, I didn't bring all the
wedding guests along with us to the honeymoon.

Just my thoughts.

There are some other things we see in the last chapter of John.

Join us Thursday night as we conclude this study:
http://theschoolofchrist.org/webinar

In Him
Chip Brogden
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 09 Jun 2014, 7:33 pm

June 9

Free Indeed

“The Truth shall make you free.” 
JOHN 8:32

The Cross must be embraced and taken up daily as a principle of living. This is the practical application of taking up the Cross. If we ever lay down the Cross and attempt anything in our own power then we will be defeated. But as we continually reckon ourselves “dead indeed to sin but alive to God in Christ” (Romans 6:11) then what is true in principle eventually becomes true in our experience: sin begins to lose its power to control us, and we begin to see that we do have a choice.
We will begin to see that we are no longer slaves to sin, but “if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed” (John 8:36).
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 08 Jun 2014, 9:11 pm

June 8

He Will Be You

“You know Him; for He dwells
with you, and will be in you.” 
JOHN 14:17

Just as Testimony follows Revelation, so Life follows Light. We simply know what to do because He Himself is doing it through us. If we have put on the Lord Jesus then we need not look to the past, or to the future. We need not look up to the heavens, or down upon the earth. We need not look outward at all, for the Kingdom of God is within us.
The One Who said, “I am with you, and will be in you” has now taken up residence within all who believe.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 07 Jun 2014, 10:48 pm

June 7

Why So Little Fruit?

“We who live are always delivered to death for Jesus’ sake.” 
2 CORINTHIANS 4:11

The answer to why there is so little power and genuine spiritual fruit in the lives of those who follow Jesus is a simple one: they desire the Life of the Lord, but not His Death. They want a daily pouring out of the Lord’s Life, but they shun the prospect of daily sharing in His Death.
The saints of the Lord are well instructed in living victoriously, being blessed, walking in power, overcoming the enemy, and living up to their potential. By comparison, the majority of them know next to nothing about self-denial, bearing their Cross, boasting in their weaknesses, being joyful in trials, winning by losing, gaining by giving up, working by resting, accepting both the bitter and the sweet as gifts from God, enduring hardness and accepting suffering. God desires to increase us and enlarge us; He therefore calls us to go back to the Cross and start over again.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 06 Jun 2014, 10:24 pm

June 6

Inconvenient Discipleship

“Most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities,
that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” 
2 CORINTHIANS 12:9

All those who want power with God must see that His power is released through our weakness. Do realize that you are weak whether you admit it or not, but the power of humility is in recognizing and agreeing before God that we really can do nothing of our own selves.
God’s power is not for those with natural charisma, talent, leadership skills, education, training, or “connections.” God is not looking for volunteers to serve at their own convenience as their schedule permits, but calls for disciples who will lay down their lives. The flesh counts for nothing in spiritual matters.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 05 Jun 2014, 7:56 pm

June 5

Hunger for Righteousness

“Blessed are those who hunger and
thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.” 
MATTHEW 5:6

To hunger and thirst for righteousness is to look forward to the promise of new heavens and a new earth (2 Peter 3:13): to long for it, to desire it, to pine for it, to seek it, to prepare for it and to keep praying for it until it arrives. It implies that we are not content with things just the way they are, and we are not satisfied to just let things go along as they always have.
We hate sin, we hate the effects of sin upon this earth, and we mourn the consequences of man’s inhumanity to man and rebellion towards God; but we have hope for a better day, a better life, a better world where Righteousness Himself is living among us. Until such time, we are hungry and thirsty for more of what we have only just begun to taste.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:04 pm

June 4

Seeing the Person

“Simon answered and said to Him, ‘Master, we have
toiled all night and caught nothing; nevertheless at Your word
I will let down the net.’ And when they had done this, they
caught a great number of fish, and their net was breaking.” 
LUKE 5:5,6

To you and me this may sound like a coincidence, or luck. Some might call it a miracle, and it is miraculous, but it is more than a miracle; it is a sign given by Christ in order to reveal Himself to Peter. In Scriptural language, it is “revealing His glory.”
Jesus merely said, “Launch out into the deep and let down your nets for a catch of fish.” Nevertheless, Peter perceived that Jesus was no ordinary man. For when he saw what happened, he fell down and sobbed, “Lord, depart from me, for I am a sinful man.” The One he called Teacher he now calls Lord, and Peter is immediately made to see the contrast of himself, a sinful man, and Christ, the Holy One of God. Everyone else heard the teaching, but Peter saw the Person.

©1997-2014 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted for non-commercial (free) distribution provided this notice appears. Share this message with your
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 03 Jun 2014, 8:41 pm

Elaine
Thomas (one of Jesus' disciples) gets a bad name, in my opinion.

"Doubting Thomas" I've heard him called.

Why?

Because he refused to believe what he could not see.

But I kind of like Thomas.

He didn't just take everyone else's word for it.

He didn't just believe because someone else said so.

He wanted to see for himself... to experience things, and make up
his own mind.

And once he saw for himself, he let go of his doubts:

"My Lord, and My God!"

Good for Thomas.

If more Christians took his approach, maybe they would not be so
easily led astray.

Doubt doesn't have to sink your ship.

Doubt can be the gateway to deeper faith.

It was for Thomas.

Join us Thursday night as we explore this in depth...

In Him
Chip Brogden

June 3

Walk in Him

“As you received Christ Jesus the Lord [the Narrow Gate],
so walk in Him [the Narrow Path].” 
COLOSSIANS 2:6 ESV

We come to the Lord admitting that we cannot save ourselves, and He does the saving. That is the Gate. Now we come to the Lord every day, admitting that we cannot enter the Kingdom, and He does what it takes to conform us into His image. That is the Path.
Hence, I have no secret for the Christian Life, but Christ. I have no key, but Christ. I have no method, but Christ. I have no formula, but Christ. I have no technique, but Christ. I have no life, but Christ – for it is no longer I who lives, it is Christ Who lives in me (Galatians 2:20). In Him, through Him, because of Him, and by Him we may enter the Kingdom.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 02 Jun 2014, 7:46 pm

June 2

Heavenly Solutions

“You have come to Mount Zion and to
the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem.” 
HEBREWS 12:22

All the prophets pointed to Jerusalem as the place where the Messiah would rule and reign. On the surface this seems self-evident. The trouble with this is that the nature of the Kingdom is spiritual, and so the location of the Kingdom is likewise spiritual. A spiritual kingdom is not going to have an earthly capital. Neither will it have an earthly temple, an earthly priesthood, or an earthly King. It will be in the earth, but it will not rise up from the earth.
Earthly problems cannot be solved with earthly solutions. Earthly problems require Heavenly solutions. The fact that John saw the New Jerusalem coming down out of Heaven and settling upon the earth shows that this is something established by God Himself, quite beyond the command and control of man.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 01 Jun 2014, 8:06 pm

June 1

Think Like Jesus

“Be renewed in the spirit of your mind.” 
EPHESIANS 4:23

When we embrace the Cross in our thought life we will see that our own thinking is limited, and at times, completely the opposite of God’s thoughts. We will readily see that our opinions, our prejudices, our very point of view, all need radical transformation. We will see how untrustworthy and unpredictable our mind, will and emotions can be apart from God.
As we submit ourselves to the Cross we see that God does not turn us into unthinking, unfeeling creatures of wood or stone; instead, He renews and transforms our mind so that our thoughts reflect His thoughts, and our mind reflects His mind. We will no longer be carried away by our emotions or find false comfort in our superior intellect. Our thoughts will be submitted to His wisdom and will assist us in understanding His Will and His Ways.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 31 May 2014, 10:12 pm

May 31

Consistency With the Inner Man

“We regard no one according to the flesh.
Even though we have known Christ according to the flesh,
yet now we know Him thus no longer.” 
2 CORINTHIANS 5:16

In our relationships it is easy to touch one another in the flesh. But to put on the Lord Jesus is to make no provision for the flesh, even in our relationships. To “know no man after the flesh” is truly a challenge. We “project” a certain something, and either it is ourselves, or it is Christ.
We note the personality differences between Paul, and Peter, and John, and James, and Barnabas; even so, they each have the same clothing, having put on the Lord Jesus. So we can touch them on a deeper level than who they are in themselves. We can still see the man, but we mostly see the Lord of the man. When we put on the Lord Jesus then the outward man becomes consistent with the inward man. This is fruitfulness, and this should be the normal experience of all disciples of the Lord.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 May 2014, 10:19 pm

May 29

Spiritual Strength

“When I am weak, then I am strong.” 
2 CORINTHIANS 12:10

The way of the world says that in order to be stronger, we must build ourselves up and seek strength and dominance over others. Christians everywhere are keenly interested in how to be increased, how to be stronger, how to take authority, how to rise up, how to get more. They look for methods, formulas, and techniques for becoming bigger and better. The results have been disappointing. Many mistakes have been made and many people have been hurt and disillusioned.
The Lord has a different approach for us to take. He invites us to accept weakness in order to be strengthened. We do not become strong by embracing strength, but by embracing weakness! This is the secret of all spiritual power. When Paul learned this secret he was able to say, “When I am weak, then I am strong.” This makes no sense to the natural man.

Hi Elaine!

I'm writing for two reasons.

First, to say thanks again for praying for us. We still need it.

Second, because with everything going on in my personal life, I
haven't talked much about my new book:

HEART OF FIRE
http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=MayDZ&m=3iL8bkN6.opjxNq&b=v1YY.o8Y5sb3OBNjgWN2bQ

The book ships in a few weeks, but there's still time to
pre-order it at a discount.

And to say "thank you" for pre-ordering today, I'll
send you another book of mine called "The Irresistible
Life."

This is my own paraphrase of the Gospel of John in up-to-date conversational language. It really makes the Gospel of
John easy enough for almost anyone to understand.

Here's what a reader said when it first came out...

"This is a great translation our brother has made of
John's Gospel. I read it like four times in a row and was
blessed. Because of the new, simpler, clearer language, Jesus
revealed things I was unable to see before. The whole book became a
great new experience and blessed me and fed me!!"

Well, that book has been out-of-print for a while.

But if you pre-order "Heart of Fire" today, I'll send
you "The Irresistible Life" as a free eBook (.pdf).

I think you'll enjoy both (and they really go together, as you
will see).

(By the way... if you already pre-ordered "Heart of
Fire" and you want the free book also, just let us know and
we'll send it to you.)

But first things first...

Learn more about "Heart of Fire" here:
http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=MayDZ&m=3iL8bkN6.opjxNq&b=v1YY.o8Y5sb3OBNjgWN2bQ

Thank you for your prayers, and for supporting Christ-centered
teaching!

I am your brother
Chip Brogden
TheSchoolOfChrist.Org

P.S. Quantities are limited and the special rate is only good
during the pre-ordering phase, which ends soon. The reason is our
cost goes up after the initial order with the publisher.

Get the book (and the free gift) by pre-ordering her

©1997-2013 TheSchoolOfChrist.Org. Permission is granted
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 May 2014, 4:33 pm

May 28

The Source of Revelation

“Blessed are you, Simon Bar-Jonah,
for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you,
but My Father who is in heaven.” 
MATTHEW 16:17

Here, Jesus contrasts “flesh and blood” knowledge with Truth which is revealed by God (and of course, Jesus is Truth [John 14:6]). The two are as different as night and day. In the matter of flesh and blood knowledge that is obtained from human, earthly sources, we may have reason to boast in our ability to study, investigate, reason, and decide. This is the Tree of Knowledge.
In the case of revelation, we have definitely no room to boast, for revelation is simply that which is revealed to us from heaven by the Lord. We cannot work to obtain it nor do we merit it. Additionally, no man may give it to us. Its source is God working in us through His Holy Spirit. This is the Tree of Life.

May 29

The Subjective Work of the Cross

“I have suffered the
loss of all things… that I may know Him and
the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship
of His sufferings, being conformed to His death.” 
PHILIPPIANS 3:8,10

Adisciple of Jesus is not someone who mentally embraces the idea of a crucified Christ, nor is it someone who simply reads and accepts the historical record of the crucifixion. A disciple of Jesus is one who enters into the experience of the Cross and is personally acquainted and familiar with it. He has taken up his own Cross and followed in the footsteps of Christ. The objective work of the Cross was accomplished when Christ was crucified; the subjective work of the Cross is accomplished when I daily deny myself, take up my Cross, and follow after Him. His work on the Cross is finished and complete; my work through the Cross is ongoing. The Cross He bore accomplished the work of redemption, while the Cross I bear accomplishes the work of spiritual maturity.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 May 2014, 11:50 am

Elaine
In spite of it all, we're coming to the end of our series on
the Gospel of John.

It has to do with the Cross.

My, how people hate to keep talking about it.

They want me to move on.

Talk about something else.

That's like saying, "I've been breathing for weeks;
can I stop breathing and move on to something else now?"

Dumb.

Want to change the channel?

Be my guest.

But as for me...

I feel like I am only just beginning to understand what the Cross
is all about.

You can't just "move on" from the very thing that
establishes your union with Christ - the foundation upon which
your whole spiritual life is based.

You have to take it up daily if you want to live daily.

Stop fighting it.

Embrace it.

Then - and only then - can you enjoy Resurrection Life.

Because in the Kingdom of God you have to die well before you can
live well.

Join us Thursday night (Lord willing) to learn more...

In Him,
Chip Brogden

May 27

Heavenly Perception

“God, who is rich in mercy, because of
His great love with which He loved us… raised us up together,
and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.” 
EPHESIANS 2:4,6

The difference between those who overcome and those who do not overcome is a difference in their own PERCEIVED position. We all ought to perceive that in Christ we are seated in the heavenly places. We cannot overcome without this perception, this seeing, this revelation. If our perception is earthly, we will remain earthly. If our perception is heavenly, we will overcome.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 27 May 2014, 12:24 pm

May 26

No Testimony Without a Test

“They overcame [the dragon] by the blood
of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony;
and they did not love their lives to the death.” 
REVELATION 12:11

Just as there is no victory without a fight, no Crown without a Cross, so there is no Testimony without a test. Our Testimony is not a thing that is said, but it is a LIFE that is lived. We overcome the Dragon by the word of this Testimony. This Testimony demonstrates the preeminence of Christ over sin, self, and satan: and it is a violent thing, a proactive thing, not a passive thing. The Lord’s Testimony is actually strengthened when the enemy comes against it, for in the end we see that Christ is, indeed, preeminent. If we are really demonstrating this then we should be getting stronger spiritually.
That is not to say we will always feel good and always have a smile on our face while engaging the enemy. But regardless of our outward condition, our inward condition will be continually strengthened as we bear the Testimony of Jesus.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 25 May 2014, 1:15 pm

Elaine

Thank you for your continued intercessions for us. We hope this
week will give us a better idea of what we can expect in terms
of an eventual resolution.

Since difficulties are bound to come to all of us sooner or later,
I have always believed we should make the best possible use of them.

So I thought you may find this encouraging:
http://theschoolofchrist.org/articles/dealing-with-difficulty.html

Thank you again for your prayers.

In Him,
Chip Brogden

May 25

The Age of Miracles

“God also bearing witness both with
signs and wonders, with various miracles, and 
gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to His own will.” 
HEBREWS 2:4

When people are healed and delivered it gives us a taste of what conditions are like when Christ has preeminence over all things. Miracles give us a glimpse of a future time when He will make all things new and there will be “no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away” (Revelation 21:4). What we consider miraculous in this Age will be commonplace in the Age to come.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 25 May 2014, 12:07 pm

May 24

The Secret of Christian Living

“I have been crucified with Christ;
it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me.” 
GALATIANS 2:20

This is the beginning point of our identification: crucifixion with Christ. Here Paul tells us the secret of what it means to be a disciple. A Christian is not someone who believes certain things about Jesus and tries to live a good life. A Christian is someone who is crucified with Christ and has no life of his own.
“Not I, but Christ” is not just the secret of living the Christian life, it is the goal and the end result of all God’s dealings with us along the lines of discipleship. He must increase. I must decrease. Follow this process out to its inevitable, irresistible conclusion and you see that eventually there is none of me; it is all of Him in me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 40 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next