World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:48 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 10:12 pm by Admin

» israelAM
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 8:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 8:52 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 6:59 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyYesterday at 6:52 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:52 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 7:01 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 9 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Mon 30 Jan 2017, 3:38 pm

Elaine, He understands our sufferings more than you know!

Isaiah 53:4-5 Surely He has borne our griefs And carried our sorrows; Yet we esteemed Him stricken, Smitten by God, and afflicted (me-u-neh). But He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquities; The chastisement for our peace was upon Him, And by His stripes we are healed.

Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels, for the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, that He, by the grace of God, might taste death for everyone.

Hebrews 12:2 looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Romans 8:16-18 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs--heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together. For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

When I studied Isaiah 53 earnestly in the ancient Hebrew, I was taken back by the Hebrew word for "afflicted" (me-u-neh). In modern Hebrew this word means "tortured". When I was young, and first learned what torture actually involved, my soul was shocked that this could happen to people; in fact that it was happening to people. That a person could be kept alive for the purpose of intentionally causing him intense agonizing pain was an astounding enigma for my young soul. It really frightened me; and I think that fear of torture is probably the greatest fear that humans can experience. We read about people who have been tortured, with a kind of horrified awe. And quietly we wonder inside, "How can this be?" And, "Could this ever happen to me?"

Crucifixion was a form of torture which the ancient Romans used frequently. And while I had a concept of the suffering that our Messiah endured for us, for some reason the understanding that He was tortured for our iniquities brought my awareness to a new level. I did not begin to appreciate or fathom the suffering Yeshua went through. His identification with our suffering and our sin was total, and His experience of this torture so fully absorbed Him that He experienced what must have felt like infinite isolation and pain. Somehow, this is a deep comfort; to know that the Son of God understands by experience, torture and suffering unthinkable.

But then, I suddenly realized that I also could not begin to comprehend the glory that awaited Him after His suffering. And that His suffering purchased for me a portion in that glory as well. It was the other side of the story, and somehow, these two extremes complement one another; suffering, and glory. The apostle Paul states his revelation about our sufferings with almost light-hearted conviction; that they are not even “worthy” to be compared with the glory that awaits us. This, to me, could be the most amazing promise in all of scripture.

Elaine, suffering is everywhere, a constant part of this life; it may be you, or someone you love, or people you don't even know but are agonizing over and praying for. This world casts suffering in every direction at every level of intensity. But all of it, every flaming ounce of it has been successfully absorbed into the body of Yeshua the Messiah. He was tortured for us -- suffered death for us -- so that our sufferings are trifles in the light of eternity. It's been said this way: from heaven the most miserable earthly life will look like one bad night in a cheap hotel. Thank the Lord.

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
San Marcos, Texas

Editor's Note: Join us along with already thousands of others in sending a strong, encouraging message to President Trump concerning the importance of the nation of Israel in relation to God’s Word, and encourage him to FOLLOW THROUGH on his affirmations concerning Jerusalem and the Promised Land! Our goal is to deliver a petition of 1,000,000 signatures! Sign and share on your pages and email lists! Let President Trump know the Importance of Israel: Sign our Petition!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Jan 2017, 8:48 pm

Elaine, are you on rocky ground?

Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

I came across an old legend about three cowboys crossing the desert on horseback by night. Suddenly, as they reached a rocky spot, a voice came from heaven and commanded them: "Friends, pick up some pebbles, put them in your pockets and do not look at them till morning." The men looked at each other in astonishment and began to do as they were told. The voice went on to promise that if they obeyed, they would be both glad and sad. The perplexed men put a few pebbles each in their pockets and went on their way.

As the very first sign of dawn arrived, the cowboys pulled out their pebbles. To their amazement, the ordinary pebbles they had picked up the night before, had all been transformed into diamonds, rubies, and other precious gems. At that moment, they realized the significance of the promise that they would be both glad and sad. They were happy to see their beautiful treasure, but sorry -- oh so sorry -- that they had not collected more.

All of us were once ordinary looking pebbles -- shabby, discolored pebbles among many others of the like -- seemingly nothing special. But we were so mercifully picked out of the dust and gently placed for safekeeping into the pocket of the faithful saints who loved us or prayed for us or shared the Gospel with us and took us along on their journey. And God continues to refine us that we would become precious gems when morning comes. Thank God for His great mercy!

Elaine, it is yet dark -- and the pebbles are many. We still have a little more time to pocket as many as we can. But morning is drawing near! We don't want to regret that we didn't get more! Love, share, pray in faith! There's so much work to be done!!!

Hot Springs, Arkansas

Editor's Note: Let President Trump know the Importance of Israel: Sign our Petition!

Editor's Note: We are on a cross-country speaking/music tour this winter and early spring in the United States! If you see that we will be close to your area and you want to hear a timely word from Worthy News Founder and Director, George Whitten and powerful Israeli Worship Music from Baht Rivka Whitten, Lazman Hazeh Music, as well as testimony of life and ministry in the Land, we invite you to join us -- or even invite us to speak/sing at your Congregation, Conference, Church, Midweek Meeting or Israel focused Event, especially if you see a free date on our way! We hope to hug you! Send us an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information. Check out our calendar and see if we're speaking near you!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Jan 2017, 7:35 pm

Elaine, have you given your all?

Psalms 54:6 I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O LORD; for it is good.

During his reign, King Frederick William III of Prussia found himself in a bind. Wars had been costly, and in trying to build the nation, he was seriously short of finances. After careful reflection, he decided to ask the women of Prussia if they would bring their jewelry of gold and silver to be melted down for their country. Each piece of jewelry he received, he would exchange for a decoration of bronze or iron as a symbol of his gratitude. These decorations would be inscribed, 'I gave gold for iron, 18l3'.

The response was overwhelming. But more importantly, the women prized these gifts from the king even more highly than their former jewelry! The reason, of course, is clear. They were proof that they had sacrificed for their king.

When we come to know our King, we, too should want to exchange the flourishes of our former life for Him. The amazing thing about our King is that He not only takes our jewels but He takes our rags too -- and uses them for the good of His Kingdom!

Elaine, perhaps there are some things we need to sacrifice to him today. Let's pray and ask for His revelation. There are great things awaiting those who give.

Hot Springs, Arkansas

Editor's Note: Let President-Elect Trump know the Importance of Israel: Sign our Petition!

Editor's Note: We are on a cross-country speaking/music tour this winter and early spring in the United States! If you see that we will be close to your area and you want to hear a timely word from Worthy News Founder and Director, George Whitten and powerful Israeli Worship Music from Baht Rivka Whitten, Lazman Hazeh Music, as well as testimony of life and ministry in the Land, we invite you to join us -- or even invite us to speak/sing at your Congregation, Conference, Church, Midweek Meeting or Israel focused Event, especially if you see a free date on our way! We hope to hug you! Send us an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information. Check out our calendar and see if we're speaking near you!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Jan 2017, 6:28 pm

Elaine, what's your reasoning?

1 Samuel 16:7 But the LORD said unto Samuel, "Do no look at his appearance, or at the height of his stature; because I have rejected him: for the LORD sees not as man sees; for man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

Have you ever used the phrase "I have every reason in the world ....."? I sure have. But I was thinking about it. What I'm really saying when I say that is -- that I have every reason to do whatever it is I'm doing in the world's eyes -- and not in my heavenly Fathers!

When Samuel was called by God to anoint Israel's next king, he was sure that God's choice would be Jesse's first son Eliab -- but he wasn't exactly what the Lord had in mind. God chose the least likely of Jesse's sons, David, because he was a man after His own heart! While the world looks carefully on the outward appearance, God carefully examines the heart!

Elaine, when making decisions, we need to be sure to have the heart of God in the matter -- not our own reasoning, researching and weighing of circumstances. Are you facing a big decision today? What may seem like the perfect opportunity to us and the world around us may not necessarily be God's choice! Let's spend some time praying and seeking the Lord!

Hot Springs, Arkansas

Editor's Note: Let President Trump know the Importance of Israel: Sign our Petition!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 Jan 2017, 11:13 pm

Elaine, don't get distracted!

2 Corinthians 2:11 lest Satan should take advantage of us; for we are not ignorant of his devices.

Toward the end of 1941, as the second world war was raging in Europe, the Japanese ambassador was sent to Washington D.C. apparently seeking peace; however back in Japan, the emperor was planning the attack on Pearl Harbor. The Japanese empire sent their ambassador to D.C. as a distraction, so the sudden attack on Pearl Harbor took the United States completely by surprise.

Distraction is a common tactic in warfare. Our enemy is constantly seeking to distract us, both to divert our energies and to keep our eyes off his attack strategy. He wants to distract us from our calling and set us up for the kill. Whether it's things of this world, getting caught up in issues that are really not our business, personal rivalries, pointless worrying, or fruitless endeavors -- let's face it -- we can be easily distracted! We need to constantly refocus our attention to the things that truly matter as we fight the good fight.

Elaine, be aware of this tactic of the enemy -- learn it well. Take a break, check your activities and priorities for distraction, and see if it's being used against you. Then refocus your energy towards the good fight!

Hot Springs, Arkansas

Editor's Note: Let President-Elect Trump know the Importance of Israel: Sign our Petition!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 20 Jan 2017, 11:56 pm

Elaine, what a privilege!

Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Thousands are gathering in Washington D.C. today to pray for the inaugaration of the new president of the United States. I know a number of people who will be there and I think its a good thing, but this reminds me of a story I heard once.

Robert A.Cook, president of The King's College in New York, was speaking at the Moody Bible Institute some years ago. He was saying that the day before, he had been at a gathering in Washington and had talked with Vice President George Bush. And went on to say that he later spoke briefly with President Ronald Reagan.

Then smiling broadly, Cook said, "But that's nothing! Today, I talked with God!"

Its an honor to participate in a gathering for the president elect, but how much greater an honor is it that the Almighty God, Creator of heaven and earth, Ruler of all, Perfect in holiness and righteousness, the One and Only completely and totally just, loving, merciful, omnipotent and omnipresent God -- hears our prayers, calls us His children and cares for our every need!

Elaine, we so often fail to give God the glory He deserves! When we pray our next prayer, let's keep in mind precisely who it is we're talking to! Let's continue to pray for our president and our nation as we transition into this next season.

Grenada, Mississippi

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Jan 2017, 10:51 pm

Elaine, do not become weary in well doing!

Revelation 7:9-10 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Have you ever heard how the Karen people of Burma were prepared for the gospel? This unique people's history reveals how the Lord had sovereignly preserved, in their traditions, their yearning for the one true God.

For centuries, the Karen people rejected the teachings of Buddhism and spiritism and clung to their ancient understanding of the true God, whom they called "Y'wa", suggesting the influence of the Hebrew, "Yahweh". Karen traditions also point to Adam and Eve and their fall, in the garden of Eden. According to the tradition, because of transgressions, they fell from grace. An ancient poem powerfully expresses their hope and expectation of redemption:

"O children and grandchildren! If we repent of our sins, and cease to do evil--restraining our passions--and pray to Y'wa, he will have mercy on us again. If Y'wa does not have mercy on us, there is no other one who can. He who saves us is the only one - Y'wa."

Their stories relate how they negligently lost the ancient books of Y'wa, and were now anxiously awaiting the "white men", who would restore the ancient books to them.

Another Karen poem is virtually "prophetic":

"The sons of Y'wa, the white foreigners, obtained the words of Y'wa. The white foreigners, the children of Y'wa, obtained the words of Y'wa anciently."

In the late 1800's Christian missionaries arrived in Burma bringing the gospel of Jesus. Their message was overwhelmingly received ! Today a majority of the Karen people are believers, because God had prepared their hearts to receive the message over hundreds of years. The Karen waited expectantly for the "white man's" message of redemption from "Y'wa", and "Y'wa" proved faithful to reach and redeem these Burmese tribes, in His time.

Elaine, as we continue to share the good news, let's remember that the Lord initiates the work of redemption -- and that we need to stay focused on the job at hand, and continue to labor in the harvest fields. The seed we've planted in patience, will soon bear fruit; so let us not grow weary in well doing, for we shall reap if we faint not!

Grenada, Mississippi

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Jan 2017, 11:45 pm

Elaine, determine to make the commitment!

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

When missionary Dr. David Livingstone was working in Africa, a group of friends wrote him: "We would like to send other men to you. Have you found a good road into your area yet?" Dr. Livingstone sent this message in reply: "If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them. I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

There's a big difference between just being interested in doing something and actually making a commitment to doing it! Just being interested allows us the freedom do a thing only when our circumstances permit. But making a commitment to do that thing means accepting no excuses and no reservations -- it means putting aside our fears and reservations moving forward till we see the end result! Dr. Livingstone was looking for results, and this required men of commitment!

Elaine, let's make some commitments! Our Lord, our families, our jobs and our congregations are awaiting us!

Folsom, Louisana

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 16 Jan 2017, 10:31 pm

Elaine, beware of the explosion!

Proverbs 6:27 Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?

Yesterday, scientists warned that Mount Paektu, on the border of North Korea and China could blow at any time due to nuclear testing by North Korea and unleash one of the most violent volcanoes in the world. It reminded me of another volcanic explosion that took place in 1991.

Mount Pinatubo, dormant for over 500 years, began to erupt on June 12, 1991, and three days later exploded with twice the power of the 1980 Mount St. Helen's eruption. The release of power blasted a cubic mile off the mountaintop and the earth shook for eight hours. The eruption produced an ash cloud that rose over 50,000 feet into the atmosphere. If that wasn't enough, Typhoon Yunga then struck the island nation with fierce winds and torrential rains which mixed with the ash creating what the locals called "Black Saturday!"

The United States was forced to abandon and eventually close Clark Air Force base, located just a few miles from Mount Pinatubo, due to the devastating blanket of fallen ash. When a vulcanologist was asked to account for the widespread damage which sent thousands of American soldiers and Filipinos fleeing, he replied, "When a volcano is silent for many years, people forget it's a volcano and begin to treat it like a mountain."

Now here's a lesson from nature. We should always be aware of how our sinful nature has the potential to erupt. It would be a big mistake to ignore this possibility simply because it has lain dormant for a season...even a seemingly long one.

Solomon writes a profound statement in his book of Proverbs, which, when paraphrased goes something like this; "Can someone play with fire in his lap without incinerating his clothes?"

The enemy of our souls would love for us to believe that we can somehow play with sin, without it negatively affecting our spirit and our walk with the Lord -- oh how deceptive Satan can be!

D.L. Moody was a fairly simple man and I love the way he dealt with sin. He said, "When you're thinking sin, think scripture!"

Elaine, let's be on guard! Sin is a dormant volcano which can erupt at ANY moment and set our house on fire. How do we prepare? First, by being aware of the possibility...then...;"Thy word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee". [Psalm 119:11] Let's meditate upon His Word, allowing it to sink deep into our minds and our hearts, so that the only fire which burns there...is the fire of God's Holy Spirit. Amen.

Mobile, Alabama

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Jan 2017, 11:30 pm

Elaine, shock your enemies!

Romans 12:20-21 Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Between the years 1861-1865 the United States found itself in the midst of a bitter civil war over the issue of slavery, and several other serious disagreements. By the time the North won the war nearly 620,000 soldiers had perished. There were many in the North who were so embittered that the South had dragged them into such a deadly conflict that they wanted the South to pay dearly.

At the end of the war, a group of Southerners gained an audience with President Abraham Lincoln. His gentle, kind and friendly personality quickly softened the hearts of his once-hardened foes and the Southerners left the interview with a deep respect for the man who had been their bitter enemy. Not long afterward, a northern congressman criticized Lincoln for "befriending the enemy!" He suggested that he should have had them shot for being traitors instead of welcoming them!

I love Lincoln's response. He said, simply , "Am I not destroying my enemies by making them my friends?"

Elaine, if you're serving the Lord –- you can expect your share of enemies. Don't let a root of bitterness grow up because of them –- but rather, seek to win them over with gentleness, kindness, and even love. Show your enemies the Lord's grace and His peace through your Spirit-controlled response...and in so doing, you'll "heap coals" upon their heads! Satan wants to provoke you through their hatred and opposition. Don't let him! Instead, shock your enemies –- not with angry retaliation...but with Spirit empowered LOVE! Win them over; with so much work to be done, we need all the help we can get.

Folsom, Louisana

Elaine, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting our work online and in Israel! Thank you for your prayers and gifts! Together, we are making a difference for the Kingdom!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Jan 2017, 11:16 pm

Elaine, your steps are ordered!

Proverbs 16:9 A man’s heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.

On last year's tour through America, a friend booked a meeting for us that somehow didn't make it on to our calendar ... oops. The day of the meeting I received a phone call inquiring what time we'd be arriving. Caught completely off guard, we quickly packed up and headed hours in the opposite direction we were expecting to go. It was a small, sweet meeting and a blessing to have arrived even after the scheduling glitch.

Afterward, we had a long drive to our next meeting as we originally had planned to be driving from elsewhere. As we drove down a lonely, seemingly deserted highway in the middle of the night, suddenly all the lights in the car started going berserk, on and off, on and off. I couldn't control the steering wheel and barely work the brakes. It's was really scary.

Somehow I managed to stop the car. Thankful that nothing serious happened, we just sat there in shock, trying to figure out what we were gonna do now, when just at that moment, a driver pulls up behind me and together, we pushed our car off to the side. He "just happened" to be a mechanic, and within minutes he determined that the alternator needed to be replaced. Then, a police patrol car "just happened" by. After explaining my situation, the officer offered to drive by the car often to keep an eye on it over the course of the night until the alternator could be replaced the next morning. The mechanic drove us to a nearby hotel and early in the morning went to fix the car. We were roadworthy by 9 A.M!

It was so amazing how the Lord orchestrated every detail -- the entire sequence seemed synchronized as though some benign cosmic clock maker had timed every step.

Getting on our way, I checked the map to discover we were a short ride to Big Trees National Park. This amazing site hosts giant Sequoia trees that have stood for over a thousand years rising hundreds of feet in the air.

So, because of the unplanned meeting and Lord's providence for our vehicle, we were able to experience this special place on the way to our next meeting.

In the midst of this amazing forest, there was a tree with a tunnel that was carved out over a century ago! (see our kids here on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7quaxWvTgnQ ).

Ever since I was a kid I wanted to walk through that tree -- and through bizarre set of circumstances I could finally do it.

Interestingly, the recent storms this past week in California brought down that iconic tunnel-tree. If we had postponed or canceled this ministry visit, or if any of the crazy circumstances would have been different, we would ever have been able to experience walking through it -- an opportunity forever missed.

Elaine, the road we are traveling may have many twists, turns, and pitfalls. We will often be perplexed with our circumstances, wondering, even agonizing over why things happen the way they do. Yet we have a Heavenly Father who loves to surprise and delight us, and who will often bring us through strange pathways to do it. Plan your way, be faithful to His word, and watch in wonder as your divine opportunities emerge on the adventure God has planned for you. When they arrive, seize them with joy and thanksgiving. He has ordered your steps faithfully with great loving care!

Folsom, Louisana

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Jan 2017, 11:22 pm

Elaine, don't dry out!

Genesis 2:7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

1 Corinthians 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the man of dust, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly Man.

John 4:14 but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life."

Revelation 21:6 And He said to me, "It is done! I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. I will give of the fountain of the water of life freely to him who thirsts.

The first man was called "Ah-dom", we know him as "Adam". The word used for "man", as in "mankind", in Genesis 1, is also the same word – "Ah-dom". "Ah-dom" is rooted in the three Hebrew letters, aleph-dalet-mem, and one of the Hebrew words for earth is "Adamah", which contains the same three letters, however it ends with the Hebrew letter "hay". "Adamah" means "red earth", or "red clay", and this word points to the natural earth elements, the "earth dust" that composed Adam’s body, and the body of every human being since. "Man" is "ah-dom", in a very real sense, "clay".

If a piece of clay is to become anything, it has to be molded – and to be moldable it must become wet. Clay has a tendency to dry out quickly and become hardened, and once that happens, there's not much you can do with it. Since we are "ah-dom", made of clay, we are in constant need of water. This is true both physically, and also spiritually. Our bodies need a constant resupply of water to stay alive and function well. Our spirits also need "water", the "water" of the Word [Ephesians 5:26]. If we are constantly drinking this water of the word, our faith, which comes by hearing [Romans 10:17] will result in a magnificent promise from Yeshua: "He that believes in me, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water!"

This water of His Word welling up through His Spirit will prevent us from becoming dry and hardened, and will enable us to "water" others, even to be, ourselves, a spring of living water.

Elaine, drink from the water of life. You don't want to become a hardened vessel, easily cracked or broken. Soak yourself in Him and in His word, so that God will keep you moldable, useful, and "drinkable" by others. Water is necessary, but it is also deeply refreshing, and Yeshua's living water springs up, even to eternal life!

Thomaston, Georgia

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 10 Jan 2017, 10:25 pm

Worthy Brief - 1/10/2016
WB
Worthy Brief
Reply|
Today, 09:02
You
Getting too much email from Worthy Brief ? You can unsubscribe
Worthy News Brief - January 10, 2017
Elaine, have a victor mentality!

1 John 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

In 2nd Samuel Chapter 9 we read of the story of King David and Mephibosheth. Mephibosheth was the son of Jonathan and the grandson of the first king of Israel, King Saul. After Jonathan's death, David went forth to show kindness to Saul's house. Mephibosheth had become lame at the young age of five -- he had lived his entire life as a cripple. When David calls him forth, Mephibosheth replies "What is thy servant, that thou shouldest look upon such a dead dog as I am?" His identity was completely based on his disability when in fact, he was the grandson of a king! He had forgotten his royal lineage and was wallowing in self-pity. Yet David looked beyond his disability and recognizing who he was, offered him a place at the King's table.

How much time do we spend wallowing in our own self-pity, groaning about things with which we struggle daily...so much so that it becomes who we are! The enemy would love nothing more than to keep us focused on our disabilities so that we are distracted from the calling of God on our lives. The enemy wants us to have a "victim mentality".

But let's not lose focus of the reality of who we are. In Yeshua, we are a chosen generation, part of a royal priesthood, and the King has offered us a place at His table! We are heirs of His great throne!!

Elaine, in Him, we should have a victor mentality! Press forward -- know who you are in Him and take your rightful seat at the King's Table.

Thomaston, Georgia

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 09 Jan 2017, 10:55 pm

Elaine, look for God's handwriting!

Psalms 56:3 Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You.

We came across this story in the book, Steel in His Soul, The Dick Hillis Story and it really ministered to us so we thought we'd pass it along.

Missionaries Dick and Margaret Hillis found themselves caught in China during the Japanese invasion. The couple lived with their two children in the inland town of Shenkiu. The village was tense with fear, for every day brought terrifying reports of the Japanese advance. At the worst possible time, Dick developed appendicitis, and he knew his life depended on making the long journey to the hospital. On January 15, 1941, with deep foreboding, Margaret watched him leave.

Soon the Chinese colonel came with the news. The enemy was near and townspeople must evacuate. Margaret shivered, knowing that one-year-old Johnny and two-month-old Margaret Anne would never survive as refugees. So she stayed put. Early next morning she tore the page from the wall calendar and read the new day's Scripture. It was Psalm 56:3 -- What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

The town emptied during the day, and the next morning Margaret arose, feeling abandoned. The new verse on the calendar was Psalm 9:10 -- Thou, Lord, has not forsaken them that seek thee.

The next morning she arose to distant sounds of gunfire and worried about food and her children. The calendar verse was Genesis 50:21 -- I will nourish you and your little ones. An old woman suddenly popped in with a pail of steaming goat's milk, and another straggler arrived with a basket of eggs.

Through the day, sounds of warfare grew louder, and during the night Margaret prayed for deliverance. The next morning she tore the page from the calendar to read Psalm 56:9 -- When I cry unto Thee, then shall my enemies turn back. The battle was looming closer, and Margaret didn't go to bed that night. Invasion seemed imminent. But the next morning, all was quiet. Suddenly, villagers began returning to their homes, and the colonel knocked on her door. For some reason, he told her, the Japanese had withdrawn their troops. No one could understand it, but the danger had passed. They were safe.

Margaret glanced at her wall calendar and felt she had been reading the handwriting of God.

Elaine, God's handwriting is all around us but so often in the midst of the wars we face, we neglect to take notice. Let's make an effort to see His merciful hand at work in our lives today. He cares for us more than we can imagine!

Augusta, Georgia

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 07 Jan 2017, 6:45 pm

Elaine, multiply your time!

Colossians 4:5 Walk in wisdom toward them that are outside, redeeming the time.

Life can get so hectic sometimes -- we often try to do too many things at once. But when our schedule gets that hectic, we need to start investing in some quality time with the Lord. The operating word here is "investing".

Did you know that God is the best broker in town? When we invest our time in worship, prayer and the reading of His word, He takes that time and multiplies it many times over! When we give the Lord our time, He gets our minds focused and can even give us new ideas for how we can get things done better and more efficiently! I’ve heard testimony after testimony about this and seen God at work in my own life in this area. It really works!

Elaine, I heard it said once that "proof of love is the investment of time". Do we have something to prove today? Let's start by spending more time with the Lord this weekend. Spending time in His presence is the greatest investment we could ever make!

Ocala, FL

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 05 Jan 2017, 5:32 pm

Elaine, be a glimmer of hope!

Daniel 12:3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever.

Most people have never heard of the first overseas missionary from America to Burma, Adoniram Judson. Judson was a brilliant man who learned to read when he was only 3. He went to college when he was just 16. He graduated valedictorian of his class at the age of 19. He was the son of a pastor, having been raised with Godly values, however while in college, he met a student named Jacob Eames, a deist who denied the miracles of the Bible. By the time Judson finished college he had turned completely from the Lord. For a short while, he lived a vagabond and reckless life, until a series of God-incidences turned his life inside out.

During this time, he left to visit his uncle, but instead, unexpectedly encountered a pious young man who amazed him by his strong Christian convictions, yet without being austere or dictatorial. The Lord placed this young man in the path of Judson to recapture the heart of the prodigal.

The very next night, he stayed at a small village inn where he had never been before. The innkeeper apologized that his sleep might be interrupted because a critically ill man was staying in the next room. The following day, as Judson was leaving, he asked the innkeeper about the sick man, and was informed that the man had passed during the night. Judson then asked the innkeeper, “Do you know who he was?” The man replied, "Oh yes. Young man from the college in Providence. Name was Eames, Jacob Eames."

Upon hearing it was his old friend that just passed, Judson could hardly move. He stayed there for hours pondering death and eternity. He thought, if Jacob Eames was right, then his death was just a meaningless event. Judson could not believe it, and said, "That hell should open in that country inn and snatch Jacob Eames, his dearest friend and guide, from the next bed-this could not, simply could not, be pure coincidence."

From that moment forward, Judson knew God was real. He rededicated his life and became a missionary in Burma for nearly 40 years. Before he died, he translated the Bible into Burmese, and planted over 100 churches.

Elaine, perhaps God will place someone in your path today because He wants you to be a light so that his or her life might be turned around! With the greatest harvest fast approaching, each of us is called to the mission field – the one right outside our door!

Tampa, FL

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 04 Jan 2017, 11:47 pm

Elaine, character counts!

Proverbs 11:3 The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.

Bobby Jones was one of the greatest golfers to ever compete, uniquely known for winning the "Grand Slam" of golf winning all four major tournaments in the U.S. and Britain in a single year. In 1925, early in his career, having reached the final playoff in the U.S. Open, at a certain point in the match, Jones was setting up to strike his ball which was in the rough just off the fairway. His iron accidentally touched the ball. He immediately became angry with himself, turned to the marshals, and called a penalty on himself.

But the marshals had not seen the ball move, so they left the decision to Jones, whether to invoke the penalty -- a two-stroke penalty. Bobby called the penalty on himself, not knowing that he would lose the tournament by a single stroke.

When praised for his honesty, he replied, "You may as well praise a man for not robbing a bank!" Jones may have lost the tournament, but his character was legendary and today the United States Golf Association's award for sportsmanship is known as the "Bobby Jones Award."

It's been said, "Character is what you do when nobody is watching. Character is how you treat people who can do absolutely nothing for you. Character is how you react when the pressure is on. Character is deciding beforehand that you are going to do the right thing."

Elaine, every day we're faced with decisions -- many of which are made when no one is watching, at least no one we can see. But let's purpose in our hearts to do the right thing -- because character truly counts. We may not see the dividends immediately -- but be assured that God is keeping track of our decisions, and He will make good on every one!

Tampa, FL

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 03 Jan 2017, 10:30 pm

Worthy News Brief - January 2, 2017
Elaine, reality check!

Phillipians 3:13-15 Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead, I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Therefore let us, as many as are mature, have this mind; and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal even this to you.

New Year's Eve celebrations have come and gone. Now the reality is settling in -- it's 2017!! Some of us are wondering where in the world the time went... the Lord knows I am.

A famous preacher, Henry Ward Beecher once said: "We have passed through one more year. One more long stage in the journey of life, with its ascents and descents and dust and mud and rocks and thorns and burdens that wear the shoulders, is done. The old year is dead. Roll it away. Let it go. God, in His providence, has brought us out of it. It is gone; . . . its evil is gone; its good remains. The evil has perished, and the good survives."

I say amen to that -- how 'bout you?

Elaine, let's be sure to confess the sins of 2016 today. Roll them away. Let them go. Rest assured in the fact they are forgiven so we can confidently look towards the future. Let's press forward to do exciting and new things for the Lord --- 'cause there's sooooo much work to be done!!

Tampa, FL

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 03 Jan 2017, 12:23 am

Elaine, as the ball drops!

Psalms 90:12 So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom.

There were thousands of people bundled up in freezing New York weather to witness a few short seconds during which a descending ball of light announces the arrival of a New Year -- 2017. These hardy people endured the freezing air to mark the passage of time, but even more, because they were anticipating a "new beginning!" Saying good bye to a tumultuous 2016, they were looking forward to making a fresh start in 2017!

One thing given equally to every person, rich or poor -- is time. In 2016, each of us lived 365 days, 8,760 hours and 525,600 minutes. How did you spend it? Reflecting over 2016, I am astounded how quickly the year seemed to pass -- almost like the proverbial blink of an eye. And looking back over it has caused me to ask, am I really carefully managing my time...the one commodity I "spend", that I can never buy back?

The psalmist expresses a timely request on our behalf..."Teach us to number our days", so that every one of them truly counts for the Lord!

Elaine, we can't change the past, but we can always improve our time management in the year to come. With so much work to be done, let's apply our hearts to wisdom, and use our time wisely!

Tampa, FL

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Dec 2016, 11:00 pm

Elaine, let the light break through!

Judges 7:16-19 Then he divided the three hundred men into three companies, and he put a shofar into every man's hand, with empty pitchers, and torches inside the pitchers. And he said to them, "Look at me and do likewise; watch, and when I come to the edge of the camp you shall do as I do: When I blow the shofar, I and all who are with me, then you also blow the shofars on every side of the whole camp, and say, 'The sword of the LORD and of Gideon!' " So Gideon and the hundred men who were with him came to the outpost of the camp at the beginning of the middle watch, just as they had posted the watch; and they blew the shofars and broke the pitchers that were in their hands.

When God called Gideon to lead Israel against their enemies, He wanted to show that a small army empowered by God was more effective than the largest armies. But notice how they fought -- without weapons that an army would normally use. They fought with shofars and lamps! They fought with weapons that the world would consider ineffective, yet triumphed mightily over their enemies. They shouted as loud as they could, sounded the shofar, and broke the vessels that held the fire so that their lamps burst through with brightness.

This breaking of the lamps of clay holds a powerful metaphor for us. If we too are "earthen vessels" holding the fire of God – the Spirit of God within us, then a "breaking" of the outer man is necessary for His inner light to burst through. Victory can come out of brokenness. Our old life of self, often called the "old man", when truly crucified and broken, will give way to the release of the Lord's Spirit of God in our lives. The death of our Lord has broken the power of our self-life, since we were crucified with Him. Walking in that awareness brings light and victory.

Elaine, let the love, peace, joy, and all the fruit of the Spirit break through in your life. Your old life of Self has been and is being broken, as Yeshua's victorious light shines through your earthen vessel this Chanukah season.

Tampa, FL

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Dec 2016, 12:42 am

Elaine, re-dedicate yourself!

Revelation 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.

As parents trying to raise kids in this world, we're constantly reminded by the Lord of Proverbs 22:6, 'Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.' The Hebrew word 'train', in this passage is, 'Chanak' which can be translated, 'train up' or 'dedicate.' It's the root word from which we get the word, Chanukah.

The festival of Chanukah is not only a time of rejoicing, but also a time of 'dedication.' Let's be reminded of the cost that the Maccabees were willing to pay to make their stand against Antiochus -- who was led of the same anti-christ spirit that swirls around us today. They were willing to lay it all down and dedicate themselves to serving God.

Elaine, as the spirit of anti-christ is released in this age, we also need to make a stand in the Spirit and consecrate ourselves for the battle before us. So this holiday season, let’s not only rejoice in the victory we have, but continue to walk in it, wholeheartedly dedicated to serving God – no matter the cost!

Tampa, FL

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 Dec 2016, 11:30 pm

Elaine, expect His coming!

Micah 4:8;5:2 And thou, O tower of the flock, the strong hold of the daughter of Zion, unto thee shall it come, even the first dominion; the kingdom shall come to the daughter of Jerusalem. But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

There are many who are not aware of the very deep significance of Bethlehem,Yeshua's (Jesus') birthplace. Everyone knows that Bethlehem was a place where shepherds grazed their sheep, and where the Messiah was to be born, but do not realize that it was a town designated as the birthing place for lambs which were used for the Passover sacrifice. The Scriptures give significant details about this little town lying slightly south of Jerusalem.

In Micah 4:8 we read about the "watchtower of the flock", or in Hebrew, "Migdal Edar." According to the "Life and Times of Jesus the Messiah", by Alfred Edersheim, a Jewish believer in the late 1800's, Migdal Edar was the location where the Messiah was to be revealed. This watchtower stood as a place of protection for the city from approaching enemies, but it was also utilized by shepherds to watch over the specific flocks from which sacrificial Passover lambs were taken.

The shepherds who were tending these particular flocks were no ordinary shepherds. They were specifically trained by the Rabbis for a holy task. They had to insure that, as much as possible, every lamb was free of any blemish or injury, in order to be used for the Passover sacrifice. Since they were instructed by the Rabbis, they almost certainly knew of those passages in the Targums (Aramaic translations) and the Mishna associating the birth of the Messiah with "Migdal Edar". For example, Migdal Edar is translated in one of the Targums as "The Anointed One of the Flock of Israel." It is also written in the Mishna that "He spread his tent beyond Migdal Edar, the place where King Messiah will reveal Himself at the end of days."

Elaine, those shepherds had strong hints of Messiah's advent in the very town where they lived, so that when the angelic host appeared announcing his arrival, they responded immediately and went to worship Him. We too have increasing signs of His soon Second Coming. Are we also prepared to respond? Our readiness to act in faith and worship will show how well we understand the signs of our own times. With so much work to be done, let us stay awake and be inspired by the expectation of his soon arrival – for, just like those shepherds of Bethlehem, we truly were born for such a time as this!

Tampa, FL

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 27 Dec 2016, 8:54 pm

MK Bennett: Surrender Our Land or Sovereignty? It’s Time to Decide
By Andrew Friedman December 26, 2016 , 9:30 am
“In that day Hashem made a covenant with Avram, saying: ‘Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates” Genesis 15:18 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/neftali-bennett-kotel-western-wall.jpg
Education Minister and chairman of the Bayit Yehudi party, Naftali Bennett delivers a statement to the press in response to the UN vote against Israeli settlements, at the Western Wall in Jerusalem’s Old City, on December 25, 2016. (Photo by Hadas Parush/Flash90)
Education Minister Naftali Bennett called Sunday on Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu to rescind his support for a Palestinian state in response to Friday’s Security Council resolution condemning Israel’s presence in Judea and Samaria.
Speaking to reporters in the Western Wall plaza, Bennett said that Jerusalem has been the capital of the Jewish people for 3,000 years, and said the UN resolution represents both danger and opportunity for Israel.
“No resolution can change the fact that this land, Jerusalem, is our capital. And no people can be a conqueror in their own land. That’s why this resolution, like many of the earlier resolutions, will be thrown into the dustbin of history,” Bennett said.
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/useful_banner_manager_banners/471-BombardBibles-600WIDE.jpg
The minister, who also heads the Jewish Home Knesset faction, added that thousands of terrorists around the world celebrated the resolution, from Berlin to Paris to New York, all the way to the Palestinian Authority, and noted Palestinian celebrations in reaction to the September 11, 2001 attack on New York and Washington. All together, he said that Friday’s resolution is an opportunity for Israel to re-think and re-draft its policies of the past 25 years.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/80843/bennett-netanyahu-abandon-two-state-vision/#7ClkAwjGp8zSUsGt.99

Leftist Groups Applaud UN Resolution Prohibiting Judea and Samaria Construction
“If I be wicked, woe unto me; and if I be righteous, yet shall I not lift up my head– being filled with ignominy and looking upon mine affliction.” (Job 10:15)
A majority of Israelis and pro-Israel organizations blasted the United Nations Security Council and US President Barack Obama for Friday’s resolution condemning Israeli building in Judea and Samaria, but left-wing individuals and organizations in Israel and abroad celebrated the vote, calling it a victory over “extremism”.
Gershon Baskin, founder of the Israel-Palestine Center for Research and Information, compared the occasion to November 29, 1947 – the date the United Nations voted to partition mandatory Palestine and to establish a Jewish state and called the vote a “celebration for lovers of Israel and for democracy.
“The United States should have voted in favor (of denouncing Israel), not abstained,” Baskin added.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/80839/left-wing-camp-un-resolution-victory-over-extremism/#IYPvcjQ850oHXdoF.99

UN ‘Expert’: When Palestinian Men Beat Their Wives, it’s Israel’s Fault
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz December 27, 2016 , 12:30 pm
“They conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity, and their belly prepareth deceit.” Job 15:35 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/burka-men-beating-woman-child.png
Illustrative: An Islamic woman and child shriek in fright as a man comes to beat her. (Photo: YouTube screenshot)
After a brief 12-day visit to Israel in early September of this year, a United Nations (UN) special commissioner came to the repugnant conclusion that Arab policy of rampant women beatings and abuse is largely to blame on the Jewish state.
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Dubravka-Simonovic-210x300.jpg
Dubravka Simonovic (Photo: The Official CTBTO Photostream/Wikimedia Commons)
UN Special Rapporteur on violence against women, Dubravka Simonovic, came to Israel to promote women’s rights and to investigate issues of violence against women and girls. Throughout her tour of the Palestinian Authority and Arab communities in Israel, Simonovic interviewed many Arab women, noting in her report to the UN, “domestic violence, early marriages, sexual violence, including rape and incest, as well as killings in the name of ‘honour’”.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/80655/un-expert-when-palestinian-men-beat-their-wives-its-israels-fault/#83vZgV6VIGEm1BX4.99

Will 2017 See a Synagogue on the Temple Mount?
The First Step Towards Building the Third Temple: A Synagogue on the Temple Mount
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz December 27, 2016 , 10:30 am
“Even them will I bring to My holy mountain, and make them joyful in My house of prayer; their burnt-offerings and their sacrifices shall be acceptable upon Mine altar; for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all peoples.” Isaiah 56:7 (The Israel Bible™)
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/jerusalem-temple-mount-old-city.jpg
A view of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem (Photo: Shutterstock.com)
Yaakov Hayman, the head of Yishai, an NGO dedicated to reinstating Jewish prayer on the Temple Mount, is preparing to submit a survey map to the Israeli government to build four synagogues, one in each corner of the Temple Mount compound, a critical turning point steering Israel in the right direction towards prayer at Judaism’s holiest site.
Legally, the government is required to permit Jews to pray at the site. In a 2015 case brought by Rabbi Yehuda Glick, now a member of the Likud party, the Jerusalem Magistrate’s Court ruled that in accordance with Israel’s basic law that ensures freedom of worship for all religions, Jews must be permitted to pray on the Temple Mount.
image: https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Yakov-Hayman-225x300.jpg
Yaakov Hayman, the newly-elected head of Yishai. (Photo: Twitter)
In practice, Jews who ascend to the Temple Mount are antagonized by Islamic Waqf guards who closely monitor their every move. Any action that appears worshipful results in immediate expulsion.
At present, Christians too are forbidden from praying on the Temple Mount. True to the Bible’s vision of a House of Prayer for all Nations, Hayman believes “Anyone who doesn’t object to anyone else being on the Temple Mount should be allowed up there to pray”, he told Breaking Israel News.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/80891/will-2017-see-synagogue-temple-mount/#fDyVQ1J1PtW15CC0.99

A Trump-Kushner Hanukkah Celebration
in Hawaii
“Hashem is my strength and song, and He is become my salvation; this is my God, and I will glorify Him; my father’s God, and I will exalt Him.” (Exodus 15:2)
Ivanka Trump stands with her husband, Jared Kushner, and their children in front of the Hanukkah candles. (Photo: Ivanka Trump Facebook)
During their family vacation to the island of Hawaii this week, Ivanka Trump and her husband, Jared Kushner, made sure to keep with their Jewish tradition in lighting the Hanukkah menorah together with their children.
Trump posted a picture to Facebook of the family gathered around their lit hannukiahs on the first night of the Jewish holiday, which fell out on Saturday night December 24, coinciding with Christmas eve.
Wrote Trump, “This year is one of the rare and special occasions where Hanukkah and Christmas coincide. As we light the candles, sending love from our family to yours this holiday season! Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukkah! #happyholidays”.
Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/80920/ivanka-trumps-hanukkah-greetings-hawaii/#whq1eoEelHQW0oS5.99
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 27 Dec 2016, 8:40 pm

Elaine, pray for the peace of Jerusalem!

Psalms 122:6 Pray for the peace of Jerusalem: "May they prosper who love you."

Last week, just before Chanukah, the United Nations passed resolution 2334. The resolution, in a nutshell, states that Israeli settlements in Judea and Samaria (commonly called the "West Bank"), have "no legal validity and constitute a flagrant violation under international law”. The resolution enjoins the world to "to distinguish, in their relevant dealings, between the territory of the State of Israel and the territories occupied since 1967."

The timing and content of this resolution contain a remarkable correspondence to the events surrounding the Jewish festival of Chanukah. The Apocryphal book of 1 Maccabees, [vs.15:33-34] records the straightforward words of Simon, the Jewish high priest at the time. He declared to the Greeks, "We have never taken land away from other nations or confiscated anything that belonged to other people. On the contrary, we have simply taken back property that we inherited from our ancestors, land that had been unjustly taken away from us by our enemies at one time or another. We are now only making use of this opportunity to recover our ancestral heritage."

We are witnessing a recapitulation of those events some 2200 years ago... the people of Israel is still laboring with the grace of YHVH to recover its ancestral heritage. The Bible declares the land of Canaan to be the inheritance of Isaac and Jacob on the basis of this eternal covenant; [Psalms 105:8-11]. The nations of the world are uniting in The United Nations determined to nullify this covenant and the very word of God by dividing the Land. In the coming months and years we will witness the ramifications of this resolution.

This season of peace, "shalom", in Hebrew, a gauntlet has been thrown down in this resolution by the nations of the world, to which we must respond by praying for the peace of Jerusalem. The word "shalom" is one of the richest in the Hebrew language, indicating peace, completeness, wholeness, health, welfare, safety, soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfection, fullness, rest, harmony, and the absence of agitation or discord.

When will this explicit prayer for Jerusalem be fulfilled and "shalom" be the very character and essence of "Yerushalyim" (City of peace)? Believers in the Messiah know that Jerusalem will only arrive at her final destiny when the Sar Shalom, (Prince of Peace) Yeshua (Jesus) returns. So when praying for the peace of Jerusalem you are praying for its King to return to rule and reign there. Yet even now, our affirmation of Israel's restoration to her ancestral homeland carries deep prophetic significance, as we await the second advent of Messiah.

Elaine, Chanukah, the Festival of Lights, is a time of light. We who know and love Him, carry that light as we bear the light of His Word – His covenants– His truths – to a world deceived and motivated by the Prince of darkness. The promises concerning God's faithfulness to Israel must be prayed and proclaimed in the midst of this global darkness. Prosperity is the Lord's promise for all who recognize and stand for His covenant with the children of Israel. Yeshua's great faithfulness to all of us is powerfully expressed in the restoration of this Land and people. Not all believers recognize this truth. Yet prayers in accord with God's word will affirm and confirm this beautiful revelation. Glory to God in the highest, and peace on Earth to men of good will!

Apollo Beach, FL

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 26 Dec 2016, 10:49 pm

Elaine, trim your lamps!

Matthew 25:1-13 "Then the kingdom of heaven shall be likened to ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Now five of them were wise, and five were foolish. Those who were foolish took their lamps and took no oil with them, but the wise took oil in their vessels with their lamps. But while the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. And at midnight a cry was heard: 'Behold, the bridegroom is coming; go out to meet him!' Then all those virgins arose and trimmed their lamps. And the foolish said to the wise, 'Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.' But the wise answered, saying, 'No, lest there should not be enough for us and you; but go rather to those who sell, and buy for yourselves.' And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the wedding; and the door was shut. Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, 'Lord, Lord, open to us!' But he answered and said, 'Assuredly, I say to you, I do not know you.' Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour in which the Son of Man is coming.

This parable in Matthew 25 is a warning to the entire body -- be ready with your oil! Each of these virgins was anticipating the Lord's return; none were atheists, or non-believers. They were all virgins who claimed to be awaiting the Bridegroom's arrival. But notice carefully that only half of them were truly ready.

In the ancient Temple era the Aaronic priests were in charge of lighting the lamp of God and keeping it burning. Their main responsibilities included trimming the wicks, refilling the lamp constantly with fresh oil, and making sure it never burned out.

A clear parallel can be drawn between the Aaronic priesthood and the New Covenant priesthood of Melchizedek and Yeshua (Jesus). Both are responsible to keep the lamps burning!

Elaine, are you feeling burned out this Chanukah season? Then trim your wick by getting rid of the useless things in your life and diving deeper into His Word. Are you feeling spiritually drained? Then wait on the Lord and ask Him for a fresh anointing. Bearing the light of God is the responsibility of all true believers; you are the bearer of that light; so be reignited today and keep your lamps burning bright for Him. Let's be wise virgins, anxiously awaiting His return!

Apollo Beach, FL

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next