World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 40 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians?

Go down

Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? Empty Re: Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians?

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:10 pm

Regardless of faith in our actions to the path's that we choose, the people we come into contact with, either for company or as a reflective moment in time to always be honest, truthful, genuine and shine a loving torch....that is accepted openly for if we fail to do so and take someone's shine away... either by not listening, mis-guided or simply having a bad day... then yes we are responsible for the effects we have on others...

HC
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? Empty Re: Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians?

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:09 pm

Praise the Lord sis Missy, just my own little thought, i think as christians we should reflect Jesus, so when people see us they know that something is different about you, and we should live as jesus did as an example for us, we should love God with all our heart mind and strength, and love our neighbour as ourself and if we love ourself we can love everyone, i love people on this group i dont know everyone i only know a few of you, but the words that everyone post are Godly and when people are Godly they attract me, thats how we should attract people outside, they see our genuine love for them that we got from God and the genuine person will want God, (Well thats my thought) and i try to tell others about christ i tend to tell by a deep untion from within some accept him others reject but i leave them for God, i just do my best to live holy for God, God does the rest.
Love Bro Wayne
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:07 pm

The Good Samaritan didn't have his little children with him nor was the injured man shouting abuse. The first priority of a mother is to protect her children at all costs. Helping others comes second, I'm sure.

When l learnt to be a life saver, we were taught first be sure you are safe yourself, then if you can remain reletively safe rescue others. Its no point jumping in and giving the rescue services another person to rescue!

Steve.

PS Billy Graham has a fund called 'The Samaritans Purse' I like that idea. Sould we have a purse like that?

Ok, thanks for that, makes me feel better.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:07 pm

Agreed Steve, but anyone with a shred of decency would stop, imho.

I remember going to town one day and there was this lady who was obviously very mentally ill (I had seen her previously) and she was sitting on the cold ground shouting at passers by, I think she had escaped from somewhere. Although I knew it wasn't right her being there, I didnt do anything because 1. I had my daughter with me and 2. I was afraid of her to be honest. However another lady said she would go and do something and I agreed she should so the lady was taken back to her home.

Does this make me a bad christian Steve?

MISSY.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:06 pm

Yes I think if we see something we can touch upon then why not, but I think everyone with any decency should, christian or not. Unfortunately some non-christians tend to think that the christians will do it, and leave them to it. Then complain about them if they don't.

MISSY.
What about you Steve?
I BELIVE are social responsibility.first begins with each other.the early belivers had every thing in common thay sold there possessions and goods and gave to those who had a need.thaylooked after widows and other needy poeple.the early churches collected forpoor christians .the early christians were instructed to do good to all poeple,especially to those who belong to the family of belivers.but i also feel it is my /are responsibilty to help expose unfruitful works.of darkness.what i belive is by upholding the priority of the gospel we do not neglect social action..in fact.where the gospel is received, it changers peoples lives so that thay influence society for good. with out this i would not have become a beliving christian. one of my favourites storys in the bible is in luke 10:25.37. this story sometimes makes me think i mite be neglecting my social responsibility...cuold we do more /could i do more...i hope i dont come across as negative ....
I dont think that a true christian walks by when they see someone in need. I'm thinking of the good Samaritan. If someone says they are a christian and sees a need and turns a hard heart toward their neighbour then their faith isnt worth tuppence.

Steve
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:04 pm

Yeah interesting. I think that we should all have a social concern in some way how we get involved is up to the individual.

Steve
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:02 pm

From: openairpreacherman (Original Message) Sent: 05/03/2006 08:29
SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY.the description of christians as ,the salt of the earth,implies the beneficial effect their behaviour should have upon society.(matt.17:24-27)TRUE. teaman.

Steve
What should Christians do in society? Take action or concentrate on 'church' life?

steve
I personally think everyone has their own role although sometimes it may not be easy to recognise it. I don't think all christians should feel they have to go out and work in society just because of what they are, like all people some feel comfortable with it and some don't. Some people may have a job to do in church even if its just making tea. I hope thats what you mean Steve. I shall add more.

MISSY.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians? Empty Focus:What is our responsibility as Christians?

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:01 pm

What is our responsibility as Christians?

What must we do?

Are we responsible for the effect we may have on others? or should we simply let people make up their own minds and think what they want about us?

I see that Teaman7729 requested this topic 25/2/06

Last edited by Admin on Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down