World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 53 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 52 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyToday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyToday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyToday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyToday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
FOCUS ON: Judging EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

FOCUS ON: Judging

Go down

FOCUS ON: Judging Empty Re: FOCUS ON: Judging

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:42 pm

Judgmental christians.

Mat 7:1 Judge not, that ye be not judged. 2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Luk 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

Christ is not saying that we are not to be discerning. Because if that were the case then how would we avoid evil men and cling to good men. In verse 5 of Ch 7 (Matthew) Christ calls men hypocrites and evil men as dogs in verse 6.

So what is Christ saying? In the sermon on the mount Christ speaks against being judgemental. To be judgemental means to set oneself up as judge over men and condemn them. Non of us are qualified to do this work. Firstly because we do not know enough about the situation to be able to come to a righteous judgement and secondly because its Christ who is the judge of men not us.

Those who wish to be judgemental are proud and arrogant.

However the lord does expect us to exercise Christian discernment. And we should point out the error in our brother if he is at a fault, but it must be done in a spirit of humility.

Christ put it like this...

Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? 5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Steve
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:41 pm

June
I am so glad to hear that you have found a wonderful Church where they appreciate you.

Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:30 pm

It is a sad fact of life that there are judgemental christians or maybe my experience is different. My church where I used to live was a church where mostly wealthy people went. It was as if I was'nt good enough to arrange flowers or help cater for special occasions, each time they asked for help from the congregation mine was refused and a lot of them barely spoke to me. Yes I did try to ask why but I got a load of waffle. Anyway I go to a lovely church now and we are one big happy family and I can do my bit as well.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:30 pm

Thank you for sharing this Bertie. This is a wonderful testimony and a great tribute to the Lord and how we are learning every day regardless of how long we have known the Lord. Praise God for His love and forgiveness when we blunder.
Peace
EF.x
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:29 pm

Wow have i completly miss read this post, i have to admit since returning to the Lord i have never had the miss fortune to meet a judgemental Christian, quite the reverse reading some of my past posts on other sites it was me being judgemental.

I can imagine some of the frustration i have caused when i started to return to the Lord, my ego was emmense, i was new and a no it all, and where did i get all this knowledge, not by prayer not from the Bible put from being a parasite and feeding off other Christians.

On my return i had a great mentors, they tried to teach me the way to go with the Lord, but whenever i had a problem something not going right, i tended not to take it to God, but would place it right at the feet of my mentors, this was ok with them at first, but can you imagine haveing to deal with your own Faith and problems what it would be like to have someone else continuely placing there's on you, i was draining there strength, putting great strain on there Souls, we had to part.

I had to do things on my own, and that worked, until i met up again with my mentors, they noticed the change in me and we started to meet again, this was ok at the start but after a while i started to rely on the others again and after about 2 years i was again told i was putting to much strain on them, and not trying to find a relationship with God, (they where right).

We parted company last September, and since then i have done some stupid things, thinking again i know it all,(what an EGO) Then about November things started to happen with me again, the Lord fed up with my stupidity gave me a clip around the ear, i have got myself back on track i study, i pray, i talk to my Father, he is involved in all aspects of my life again.

I guess the message to all must be not to judge others or you could end up like i was, dont try and change others to what you want them to be, let them grow in there own right, and to the new Christians i would say go to the mature Christians for advice and guidence, but take care not to become dependant to much on them, remember that they also have to keep there relationship with the Lord, have to feed there Souls, do not drain them.
Bertie
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

FOCUS ON: Judging Empty FOCUS ON: Judging

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 3:01 pm

JUDGING
Often today we are told not to judge, is this scriptual or an excuse not to deal with a matter or concern.

Not sure how to start this one off, so I think it will be with questions.

Who should judge?

Have we got the right to judge?

If we see someone doing wrong, have we just judged this person?
ie, As we have taken the situation into consideration and decided they are doing wrong, is this us judging?

If so is it wrong to intervene, offer advice etc?

Look forward to replies here.

Thanks MISSY.
Judgemental Christians

When we have a problem/difficulty in our lives and we go to a 'responsible' 'mature' christian what should we do when they judge us instead of bless us and help and support us through that difficulty?

Last edited by Admin on Sat 17 Jan 2009, 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding txt from another same type post.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down