World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 20 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 20 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyYesterday at 11:39 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyYesterday at 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyYesterday at 10:44 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyYesterday at 10:26 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyYesterday at 9:52 pm by Admin

» israelAM
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyYesterday at 9:43 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyYesterday at 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyYesterday at 7:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 9:44 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptySun 05 May 2024, 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptySun 05 May 2024, 8:06 pm by Admin

» AISH
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptySun 05 May 2024, 6:50 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11:

Go down

A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11: Empty A Kindly Caution for Now I Corinthians 11:

Post  Admin Mon 18 May 2015, 10:06 am

A Kindly Caution for Now

In Corinth, the early Christians began having common meals together before the Lord's Supper, and they began to confuse eating and Communion and Christian fellowship with gluttony.

In I Corinthians 11: 17-35 (The Lord's Supper), Paul attempts to caution his beloved church against such spiritual carelessness and error.  Confusing physical and spiritual was not pleasing to the Lord:

"When you come together, it is not the Lord's Supper you eat, for as you eat, each of you 
goes ahead without waiting for anybody else.  One remains hungry; another gets drunk.  
Don't you have homes to eat and drink in?  Or do you despise the church of God and 
humiliate those who have nothing?  What shall I say to you? Shall I praise you for this?
Certainly not!"  I Corinthians 11: 20-22 NIV

After a careful description of the Holy Communion, a sacrament, that Jesus began at the Last Supper as a remembrance of Him, Paul admonishes:  "Therefore, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord."

Paul urges self-examination, discipline, and reverence in the taking of Communion and concludes:  "So then, my brothers, when you come together to eat, wait for each other.  If anyone is hungry, he should eat at home, so that when you meet together it may not result in judgment."
I Corinthians 11: 33-34

As one prepares one's physical body for worship, the common needs should be cared for at home or in advance so that the worshipper is prepared to focus on the spiritual aspects of worship at church or elsewhere.  We strive to worship in "spirit and truth."

Today, as so many churches begin to install cafes and have eating and drinking amenities before church, Paul's cautions become urgently compelling again.  Dragging drinks and donuts into the sanctuary or leftovers into worship is not pleasing in the sight of the Lord.  Confusion of physical and spiritual activities is still an error!

If the twenty-first century Christian church begins to accommodate too much from secular or pop culture into worship services, there is a high probability that the churches of our Lord Jesus Christ will become weak, ineffective, and sickly.

…..Mary-Ellen Grisham (meginrose@gmail.com) by way of “Christian Voices” (ChristianVoices@att.net)
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down