World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 11:42 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 11:37 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 11:34 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 11:30 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:15 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 9:26 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:18 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 10:02 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyWed 17 Apr 2024, 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:32 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 11:21 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:47 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyTue 16 Apr 2024, 10:42 pm by Admin

» Strangling Israel slowly
Daily Disciples - Page 21 EmptyMon 15 Apr 2024, 11:37 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 21 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Fri 15 Jul 2016, 5:00 pm

July 15

Today's Reading: Psalms 13; Acts 19:21-41

Today's Thoughts: Seek God’s Wisdom

The LORD looks down from heaven on the sons of men to see if there are any who understand,  any who seek God. - Psalm 14:2

Do we understand the ways of God? Understanding God is different than believing in God. To understand means that we can come into alignment by acknowledging the decisions God makes on our behalf. We do not have to agree with the decision but because we understand that God's ways are higher than ours are, we can yield to Him. At that point, we show our trust in His ways as we continue to seek and submit to His will.

As a parent, I have been challenged to explain "why" I am making a certain decision. If my decision pleases my children, no discussion is necessary. However, if I disagree, I am sought out to discuss and debate why my choices did not match their hearts' desire. As a parent, I have the right to make final decisions as much as I have the right to explain or not explain the factors that went into making those decisions. My children then have the right to agree or disagree with my decisions but what a joy it is when they understand and accept them as is.

God wants a relationship with us. As our Heavenly Father, He knows what is best for us. He is more than willing to reveal Himself to those who seek Him. God does not want us to just believe in Him but to understand Him as well. God has not hidden Himself from us. He has given us His Son, Jesus, His Word, and His Spirit.

The Spirit of God intercedes for us, convicts our hearts and leads us into all truth. We have the opportunity to seek God and to find Him. But we also have the ability to understand Him as we continue to choose to read the Bible, pray and submit to the circumstances that He has allowed us to encounter in our lives.

If you are struggling with understanding why God is allowing certain circumstances to continue in your life, seek Him for wisdom. James 1 tells us that anyone who is lacking in wisdom should ask God for it because God will give liberally to all that ask. But when God answers, believe that answer and do not doubt. Doubting only leads us to becoming double minded. Double mindedness is a worse state than questioning God's decisions in the first place. And remember, God is looking down from Heaven to see if we understand and seek after Him.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 Jul 2016, 9:41 pm

July 14

Today’s Reading: Psalms 10; Acts 19:1-20

Today’s Thoughts: Our Teacher

But the anointing which you have received from Him abides in you, and you do not need that anyone teach you; but as the same anointing teaches you concerning all things, and is true, and is not a lie, and just as it has taught you, you will abide in Him. 1 John 2:27 

Jesus tells His disciples in John 16 that when He goes away He will send a Helper, His Holy Spirit. “When He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth...” (John 16:13). When we accept Jesus into our hearts, we are immediately indwelled by His Holy Spirit. We believe, then, wereceive. One of the biggest attacks Christians face today comes from an enemy telling us that we have no real power, no victory, and no hope. In John 8:44, Jesus describes our enemy: “He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own resources, for he is a liar and the father of it.”

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is perfect in every way. He cannot lie. He cannot deceive. He is holy and righteous beyond our understanding. His promises are true. His faithfulness reaches to the heavens. When He says that we have His Holy Spirit, then we must believe in faith that we have an abiding relationship filled with His love and power. He promises that no eye has seen, nor ear has heard, nor has entered into the heart of man what God has prepared for those who love Him (1 Corinthians 2:9).

Do you believe Him today? Do you want to know more about the things of the Lord? As a child of God, saved and sealed for the day of redemption, you have the anointing of the Holy Spirit who will teach you all things. Let today be the day that you start learning about these things. How to start? Read His Word and study it. Pray and ask for the things you want to learn about. Ask questions that you want answered. Get up every day with an attitude of faith and do not allow the enemy to tempt you with his lies. Maybe it is time for you to go back to school...and what a great Teacher you have! And the best part...He will only give you open book (the Bible) tests.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 Jul 2016, 10:38 pm

July 13

Today's Reading: Psalms 7; Acts 18

Today's Thoughts: Speak Without Fear

Now the Lord spoke to Paul in the night by a vision, "Do not be afraid, but speak, and do not keep silent; for I am with you, and no one will attack you to hurt you; for I have many people in this city." Acts 18:9-10

I am encouraged when reading statements like these. Paul was known as a man with such boldness and never-ending endurance. He spoke before kings and started churches. He was persecuted and beaten but continued to sing praises. We read that his body had the brand marks of Jesus Christ and yet, this verse allows us to look into his heart. Paul was scared.

I would guess that not many people would know that Paul needed this kind of encouragement. Paul obviously knew that his fears stemmed from his speaking, which led to him being attacked and hurt. God knew what Paul needed to keep going. The Lord assured Paul to continue, to not quit, but to speak, and then calmed his fears by saying that no one would attack him to hurt him. God knows just what we need to hear. God knows just how much each of us can take. And God knows how to assure us, comfort us, encourage us and motivate us to continue.

Are there fears you are dealing with today? Are you struggling with thoughts of quitting or stopping? God knows your heart and He can minister to you at the deepest level. Allow His Holy Spirit to minister to you today. Open His Word and listen as He speaks to your heart. Then, go and speak as He leads you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 12 Jul 2016, 11:44 pm

July 12

Today’s Reading: Psalms 4; Acts 17:16-34

Today’s Thoughts: Both Near and Far

Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel.Isaiah 7:14

We read this prophecy written thousands of years ago and understand that the fulfillment was Jesus, as it is quoted again in Matthew 1:22, testifying to the virgin birth of Jesus as prophesied by the prophet Isaiah.

However, there was also a closer fulfillment of that prophecy as we read in Isaiah 8:3, “So I approached the prophetess, and she conceived and gave birth to a son. Then the Lord said to me, ‘Name him Maher-shalal-hash-baz’.” The prophecy for us is about the virgin birth of Jesus, but it was also immediately about this prophetess having a son as a sign to the people during Isaiah’s time. This verse is an example of near and far prophecy. “Near” to Isaiah but also predicted “far” for us.

Prophecy still works like that in our lives today. There are prophecies that have near and far fulfillments. As we read the Scriptures, we know that those verses were placed in the Bible for a set time and place. But, those same verses pop out to us as verses that we can claim for our own lives. How does that work?

God’s Word is alive and His Word has the ability to reach through all places, settings, times and events. His Word is as applicable and real to us and for us today as it was when written. I have seen near and far fulfillments in verses for myself. Many times, I receive a verse (or promise) from the Lord for the circumstance I am currently facing, and then years later in my life, I see the Lord further fulfill that verse in a new way.

God wants to speak to you and He does that by prophesying through His Word. Claim those verses but then relax. If God said it to you, He will fulfill it....again and again...both near and far.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 Jul 2016, 7:34 pm

July 11

Today's Reading: Psalms 1; Acts 17:1-15

Today's Thoughts: Delighting in Him

Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf also shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper. Psalm 1:1-3

I love the promises of this Psalm. There are promises of blessing to the one who delights in the law of the Lord, a promise of fruit, strength and prosperity in whatever we do. And what does He want us to do? He wants us to love His Word; the law of the Lord is His word. John 1:14 says that the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, which means that Jesus is the living Word. If we delight in the Word, then we are delighting in Him. So, our delight should be to desire the Lord more than anything else, so much that we meditate and think about Him day and night.

There are so many other things to think about in our lives today. From televisions to radios to computers, everything around us makes some kind of noise or sight that demands our attention. Regardless of what we are doing, we are always thinking about something. The activities and the stimuli seldom stop in our busy lives. And then we wonder why we are so tired (our leaves wither) and why we are not efficient or effective (prosperous) in our works. The answer lies in God's Word. We will find our strength when we make the Lord the priority of our thoughts, by tuning out the other sights and sounds.

God promises us His blessings if we focus on Him, keep His word close to our hearts, and make Him the center of our thoughts. Start today by reading through the Psalms starting with chapter one and reading a Psalm a day until ending with chapter one hundred fifty (150). You will see the blessings of God as you delight in His Word every day.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 Jul 2016, 12:15 am

July 10

Today's Reading: Job 41; Acts 16:22-40

Today's Thoughts: Signs of Today or Eternity?

He [Jesus] answered and said to them, "When it is evening you say, 'It will be fair weather, for the sky is red'; and in the morning, 'It will be foul weather today, for the sky is red and threatening.' Hypocrites! You know how to discern the face of the sky, but you cannot discern the signs of the times. Matthew 16:2-3

Jesus understood how much the weather plays a part of our daily lives. He spoke about discerning the face of the sky, trying to predict the day’s events. Just think about how much we know today from the weather channel, newspapers and computers. We have local and remote forecasts available in an instant, unlike in Jesus’ day. And just as we have advanced in understanding the weather, we also have advanced in understanding the signs of end times. Our lives can change as a result of a natural event, and our eternity is shaped by being tuned in with the signs of end times.

Do you live your life for today or for eternity? Everything we live for here will burn some day, but our soul has a choice to burn in the fire or live in the presence of the light of Jesus. In a moment, the weather can change completely. It is the same with our lives. Today, pick up the Bible and read something in Revelation or find a book that can update you with the signs of end times. Until I studied the book of Revelation, the thought of reading it frightened me. That fear is gone because the love of God is even so evident in the book of Revelation. He wants all to come to Him and He has made a way for all to understand.  Ask the Lord for discernment to understand. We can never be sure of the future outcome of the weather, but we can know the outcome of our eternity.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 09 Jul 2016, 2:53 pm

July 9

Today’s Reading: Job 38; Acts 16:1-21

Today’s Thoughts: Teach Them Diligently

"And these words, which I am commanding you today, shall be on your heart; and you shall teach them diligently to your sons and shall talk of them when you sit in your house and when you walk by the way and when you lie down and when you rise up.”  Deuteronomy 6:6-7

My children got into the car after a day at their Christian school and told me that a friend of theirs was going to hell. They said, “He lies, mom, and liars go to hell.” I asked, “Why do you think that?” Then the two kids broke out in a song that has a line that says, “Liars go to hell...liars go to hell...Revelation 21:8, 21:8...burn burn burn.” I thought to myself, “How can my kids believe this when we know we each fall short everyday?” Well, the subject changed and I never addressed it.

Around 4:30 the next morning, I woke up with this thought racing in my mind: “You need to teach your children about grace. They are not being taught how to live in God’s grace at their Christian school. The gospel is about God’s grace to sinners. Your kids don’t understand how to extend grace to others or themselves.”

After much prayer, I approached the subject of grace and what Revelation 21:8 says. My son said to me, “Are you telling me that I sin everyday (lying included) and God doesn’t hold that against me? Are you telling me that I can do whatever I want, and because of the blood of Christ, it is covered and God sees me as righteous anyway?” Immediately I prayed, “Oh Lord, I really want my 13 year old son to completely get this but this Truth can lead to poor choices...help.” And the wisdom of the Lord came upon me as I opened my mouth and said to him, “Yes. That is exactly right. However, if you really love the Lord and know Him, you won’t want to sin and hurt Him. Your heart should respond back to His love and as a result, you will live a life that is pleasing to Him.” Both of my kids nodded in agreement and said, “Cool.”

I thanked the Lord when my daughter then said to me, “Mom, school teaches us about God but you teach us how to know Him better and love Him more.” God gets the glory because I ignored it initially.

Today, we need to realize the responsibility we have to give our children a strong biblical foundation. We have to role model to them the love of Christ from our hearts and we have to teach them how to know Him better. Be sensitive to the conversations you have with your children. God will lead you in what to say...just be diligent!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 08 Jul 2016, 11:04 pm

Today's Reading: Job 36; Acts 15:22-41

Today's Thoughts: Things to come

Thus says the Lord, The Holy One of Israel, and his Maker: "Ask Me of things to come concerning My sons; and concerning the work of My hands, you command Me. Isaiah 45:11

It has taken most of my life, my Christian life, to finally realize that if I want to know something from the Lord, then I just need to ask Him. Sounds kind of like a no-brainer, but for some reason, I spent most of my time with the Lord dealing with my personal requests. I have prayed pretty much my whole life. I have prayed very specifically at times and I have prayed in the bigger picture at times, but I have always prayed. What I did not necessarily pray about, though, were of "things to come." I think many of us tend to pray about the “here and now” issues, or the things that we want "to come," not necessarily asking the Lord to reveal what He is doing "concerning the work of My hands."

Why is this so important to understand? When I see verses that say to "ask" the Lord for something, then I know that must be His will. Today's verse even says, "you command Me." Instead of just focusing on the issues in our immediate path, let's ask the Lord about what He is doing down the road. I have been immensely blessed and have had huge increases in my own level of faith because I have learned to ask the Lord "of things to come" and have seen Him answer through circumstances or situations that have come to pass. My role is to ask, then to pray for wisdom and discernment in how to go forth in what He shows me.

We need to know that the Lord is more than willing to reveal things to us, if we are seeking Him with all of our hearts. As we grow in our walk with Christ, He will teach us His ways and mold our character into more of His image. When we spend time in His Word, we begin to see how verses like Isaiah 45:11 take on a completely new meaning to us personally. When the Holy Spirit impresses a verse upon your heart, take it to prayer and seek the Lord in what He is saying to you. Maybe God wants to reveal something to you--maybe even "of things to come."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 Jul 2016, 8:10 pm

July 7

Today’s Reading: Job 34; Acts 15:1-21

Today’s Thoughts: The Real Food

But food does not commend us to God; for neither if we eat are we the better, nor if we do not eat are we the worse.   But beware lest somehow this liberty of yours become a stumbling block to those who are weak. 1 Corinthians 8:8-9

How often do you think about food?  What types of cravings do you get for your favorite foods?  Midnight snacks and mad dashes through our favorite drive-thrus are part of our lives and culture.  Hunger is a drive necessary to sustain life while appetite is a desire to satisfy our cravings for food.  Food is a necessity to our physical bodies and to enjoy good food is one of our greatest pleasures. However, even with all its necessity, this earthly food has no value to us spiritually.

If Paul is saying that what we eat, or do not eat, has no effect on our relationship with God, then why can we not eat whatever, drink whatever and be merry? One reason is because the choices that we make impact others. We must realize that our actions are being watched by others and that we have a responsibility as Christians to set godly examples for others. God does care about the behaviors and attitudes we exhibit that affect those around us.

There are numerous examples of this behavior in our churches today. Movies and television choices can influence our families and friends.  What kind of example do we set for those in and out of the church? Would seeing certain movies stumble others? What about drinking alcohol? Many Christians have no problem with limited alcohol consumption. But, would it not influence the Christian who feels that this type of drinking, without exception, is wrong?  Some might argue that the Christian church in general stumbles non-believers, because much of our behavior is not just in the world, it is of the world.

Food is not the real issue, but it is certainly representative of how our behaviors as Christians can greatly affect those around us, even if there is technically “nothing wrong” with certain activities. Jesus gave His life for us so that we can have the real food--the bread of life.  If we follow Him, our choices in this world will bring glory and honor to His name while also setting the right example for others.  We should pray not to get hung up on things of no value spiritually but to get caught up in the Spirit of God so that we may be a blessing to others, not a stumbling block.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 Jul 2016, 12:22 pm

July 6

Today's Reading: Job 32; Acts 14

Today's Thoughts: Follow Me

After these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, "Follow Me." So he left all, rose up, and followed Him. Then Levi gave Him a great feast in his own house. And there were a great number of tax collectors and others who sat down with them. Luke 5:27-29

A tax collector was not an honorable position during Jesus' time. Tax collectors were known for their shrewd and fraudulent ways. This passage says that Jesus went out and saw a tax collector named Levi. Jesus obviously got his attention as He commissioned Levi to follow Him. It is amazing that the passage says that Levi left all, rose up and followed Him. There is a sense that Levi had immediate action with little thought. He seemed to abandon all for the call of Christ. Think of what it took to go from a tax collector with a negative reputation, to a disciple of Jesus Christ. Questions come to mind such as, "How did Levi do that? Did he just quit his job, sell his house or what? Where did He follow Jesus to?"  Levi's next steps are right there in the next verse. Verse 29 says that Levi followed Jesus to "his own house." Levi brought Jesus to his own home, so, Levi followed Jesus back home.

The first step to being Jesus' disciple is by becoming His follower at home. Not only does Jesus meet us right where we are, but also Jesus becomes part of where we are. When we come to know Him and follow Him, Jesus leads us back to our own homes. Home is our training ground. It is in our homes that we first speak out about Jesus, so the change in our lives needs to become evident at home first. 

Jesus saw Levi and Jesus sees you. Jesus called Levi and Jesus is calling you. Are you willing to answer His call? Are you following Jesus in your home? Levi gave Jesus a great feast. There was preparation and planning for this party as he made a public profession that he was following Jesus' ways, starting immediately. For you today, it may be that you stop watching certain shows or stop saying certain words. It also will mean that you start sharing your faith with your family.  Levi is an example of someone with the kind of commitment it takes to follow Jesus. Levi became one of the twelve apostles whose name was changed to Matthew. He was the man who wrote the Book of Matthew, leading many others to follow Christ just like he did.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Jul 2016, 10:34 pm

July 5

Today's Reading: Job 30; Acts 13:26-52

Today's Thoughts: Peace in Him

These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Most of us would agree that tribulations are very much a part of life. They come at different times for different reasons, but they no doubt come.  Do you ever wonder just where the peace is that Jesus was speaking about?  How about in your own personal life? Do you have peace in your daily routines? Jesus tells us that we will have tribulation in this world, a definite promise not just a possibility. But our only hope for peace is in Jesus. We must claim this verse as a direct promise from Him. He has overcome the world; therefore, we can overcome those things that try to take our peace by living for Him.            

Yet the words sound easier to do than the reality of actually living our lives this way. For me, my life seemed to be much better when I was in control of my circumstances. If I could somehow control the factors that influenced my day, then I could produce the peace I desperately needed. For a long period of time, my day consisted of doing those things that either mattered most to me or to others who expected a level of performance from me. I believed that being in control led to greater stability and less turmoil, a win-win for everyone around me.             

There were clues along the way that maybe this way of life was not so great for everyone else around me. One major clue came one night several years ago when my husband asked me if I was okay. Of course, I was okay. Our lives were good. Our marriage was fine, rarely a conflict or cross word. Our jobs were more than sufficient to meet our needs. We were young, owned our own home, had money, and enjoyed many of the world’s amenities. Why was he asking me what was wrong? He began to express his concerns to me about—me.  I could not listen to him without becoming defensive. After some discussion, I confessed to him that I often felt like an android, a machine on the inside but normal looking on the outside. Still, I was not ready or willing to accept that maybe I needed to change, that I needed help.         

Over time, the Lord has led me to make many, many changes in my life. I was deceived into thinking that I could make my own peace by controlling my circumstances and situations. The changes have come by surrendering my control to Jesus. There is no peace in this world without the Lord. I have known Jesus as my Savior most of my life, but only when I made Him Lord of my life did I begin to know His peace. He left us His peace. May we all let go of our need to be in control and trust Jesus to help us get through all things….both good and bad.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 04 Jul 2016, 9:18 pm

Today's Reading: Job 28:1-22; Acts 13:1-25

Today's Thoughts: Listen as a Disciple

The Lord God has given me the tongue of disciples, that I may know how to sustain the weary one with a word. He awakens me morning by morning, He awakens my ear to listen as a disciple. Isaiah 50:4

Do you ever find yourself knowing deep within the depths of your heart that God wants to bring about change, and even though you have been the one praying for it, you aren’t ready when He is ready to answer your prayer? Well, that happened to me today.

In the mornings, I spend time reading the Bible, praying on my knees and worshiping. Then I allow time for silence so that the Holy Spirit can minister to me in the quietness. Sometimes that’s all there is…quietness, which in itself is such a blessing before the day begins. But this morning’s quietness was different. This morning the Lord wanted to impress something on my heart that I didn’t want to hear. My quiet time was cut short by my choice this morning. But the Lord didn’t quit, and right before I left the house, I got a strange impression that I was going to have to face something that I was refusing to hear from the Lord. And that is exactly what happened. Within two hours of my devotional time and one hour from the impression, I heard things that I wished I had heard first in the presence of the Lord. And then I found myself repenting to Him and shocked that it was actually going to come about. Foreknowledge would have eased my heart regarding this matter.

God’s intention is always for our best. We all have to remember that God does nothing without revealing His plans to His servants, the prophets (Amos 3:7). He desires to include us in His plans and He even places those desires within our hearts first. God wants to give to us whatever we ask in Jesus’ name to bring Him glory, as He fulfills the desires He has placed within our hearts. If we are in His Word and quiet in worship before Him, we can also be included when He unfolds His plans. Today, take time to just be still before Him and listen. Quiet your heart and allow His heart to minister to you. And I am sure that your day will go better than mine did today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 03 Jul 2016, 10:08 pm

July 3

Today's Reading: Job 25; Acts 12

Today's Thoughts: Step into New Land

Now the Lord had said to Abram: "Get out of your country, From your family And from your father's house, To a land that I will show you. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you And make your name great; And you shall be a blessing I will bless those who bless you, And I will curse him who curses you; And in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed." So Abram departed as the Lord had spoken to him, and Lot went with him. And Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran. Then Abram took Sarai his wife and Lot his brother's son, and all their possessions that they had gathered, and the people whom they had acquired in Haran, and they departed to go to the land of Canaan. So they came to the land of Canaan. - Genesis 12:1-5

The Lord called Abram out. He told him to leave his country, not just his home, but his country. God told Abram to leave his family and head towards a new land. Can we begin to imagine how Abram must have felt? I wonder if his family thought he was crazy. Let's see now—you are going to leave your home, family, country and head to a land that you have not seen yet? Abram did leave his home and country behind and went as the Lord directed him. Abram was a man of great faith. He believed in the promises of God and it was accounted to him as righteousness.

In the New Testament, Jesus told his disciples a similar message when he said, "Follow Me." To follow Jesus meant leaving everything else behind, including homes and families. Some did and some did not. The same is true today. How many of us are truly willing to forsake all for the gospel of Jesus Christ? Do we really have to go to such extremes in this day and age? In our hearts, we must answer those questions. Despite our behaviors and outward appearances, God knows our hearts. If we are willing to surrender all to Jesus, the Lord will do the rest.

Think upon these verses today. Maybe God has a new land that awaits you. Without a doubt, God has blessings planned for your life, planned from before you were born. Are you willing to step out of your comfort zone? If so, this could be the step that changes your life in amazing ways.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 02 Jul 2016, 3:01 pm

July 2

Today’s Readings: Job 22; Acts 11

Today’s Thoughts: The Promise of God

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.  John 14:27

Today, everyone is looking for peace. We want our desires fulfilled and we think that will bring us happiness.  We hear promises of fulfillment on radios, see promises on billboards, become a part of them through television and after hearing these promises enough times, we sing about them and make daily choices because of them. What is the primary message that these slogans promote? The answer, “We’ve got what you need.”  Promises, promises!  Promises of a fulfilled life, an improved life, a happier life and a more peaceful life suggest that this life is attainable through the things of this world. Commercials promise that you can “have it your way,” “we do it all for you,” “you asked for it, you got it,” and “you deserve it.” But can these promises really be true? And will these products bring us the peace we are all seeking?

Because of the inability to have these promises truly fulfilled from the world, it then seems hard to believe that all the promises from the Lord will come true. Unlike the promises of the world that are conditioned upon our spending money and time to benefit from their product, Jesus has given us the promises of God, which are free. The Lord does require something from us: our trust, belief and obedience. And in return He promises peace to His people. Our attitudes, goals and desires should not depend on the promises of the world, but on the promises of the Word.  It’s that peace that makes us different and gives us something that others want. That peace will affect the way we live in our actions, behaviors and attitudes. Acts 10:36says, “You know the message God sent to the people of Israel, telling the good news of peace through Jesus Christ, who is Lord of all.”  Jesus promises us peace, not from this world, but from Him. His promises are not empty slogans but a way of life: for He is the way, the truth and the life.

Do you need to experience His peace today? If so, begin by asking Jesus to fill you with His loving peace. His promises will never fail you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Jul 2016, 9:21 pm

July 1

Today's Reading: Job 20; Acts 10:24-48

Today's Thoughts: Face to Face

And it came to pass, when Moses entered the tabernacle, that the pillar of cloud descended and stood at the door of the tabernacle, and the Lord talked with Moses. All the people saw the pillar of cloud standing at the tabernacle door, and all the people rose and worshiped, each man in his tent door. So the Lord spoke to Moses face to face, as a man speaks to his friend. Exodus 33:9-11

When I read the verse that says, "the Lord spoke to Moses face to face," I have a longing in my heart to see the Lord like that. What must it have been like to be in such an intimate presence of the Lord? I try to picture in my mind what it looked like when the cloud descended. Regardless of how hard I try, I am sure that my thoughts could never come close to the awesome-nessof such a meeting.

Moses was just a man, no more special than any other person. But God called him for a special purpose and God equipped him for the job. Moses had a tough job leading the children of Israel through the wilderness for forty years. I do not envy his calling, but at times, I have envied his intimacy with the Lord. These feelings of longing and envy; however, cannot remain too long within me because I have God's Spirit living within me. When I desire to be with the Lord in that intimate place of His presence, I can go to Him and be with Him.

I no longer envy Moses because I have my own personal intimacy with the Lord, and so can you. For all who come to Jesus and accept Him as their Savior are sealed with the Promise of His Holy Spirit.

Have you ever longed to be in the presence of the Lord God Almighty? Do you desire to experience Him intimately? Please know that you can find Him. The Bible tells us that if seek the Lord with all of our heart we will find Him (Jeremiah 29:13). The keys are in truly seeking Him, waiting on Him, and obeying His words to us. Find a quiet place and commit to just spending that time with the Lord. Start with worshiping Him and coming before Him with an open heart. Keep seeking and keep knocking until you find that sweet place of fellowship. Remember that He is always here for us…we are the ones who are distracted and turn away from Him. Practice His presence every day.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Jun 2016, 5:46 pm

June 30

Today's Reading: Job 17; Acts 10:1-23

Today’s Thoughts: Is there freedom in Biblical role of a wife and mother?

Why do so many women fight against submitting to God for sake of our children? I really believe it is related to fear. We hear the stories of God’s faithfulness after some tragedy. But, we do not wish to live through the tragedy to get to the “God be the glory” testimony. It is as if we do not love and trust in the God who we teach our children to love and trust. Sometimes it has been difficult to discern if my motherly convictions were founded in fear instead of faith. I had a huge lesson to learn about His love ruling in my life.

It started with my friend asking me if my 4th grade son could attend camp with her son in the summer. I immediately told her no; I was not sending Robby to camp. Although I ended the conversation quickly, I could not dismiss the idea.

When my husband came home, I said, “Kim asked if Robby could go to camp with Nate. NO! Right?” Slowly and calmly, my husband replied, “Robby does not need to go to camp for Robby. But it would be good for Robby to go to camp for you.” I immediately thought, “Oh no, I have to pray about this now.” Waiting for an opportune quiet moment to shut the bedroom door and allow myself time to mediate, I climbed on the bed and prayed, “Lord, it does not seem necessary to send Robby to camp but I also do not want to make decisions based out of fear. Please help me.” I waited and listened. Opening the Bible, my eyes fixed on Ezra 7:10, “For Ezra had set his heart to study the law of the LORD and to practice it, and to teach His statutes and ordinances in Israel.”  I prayed this passage frequently, asking the Lord to fulfill these words with me. “Lord, why does Ezra 7:10 seem like it is in bold print right now? What’s up with my life verse in Ezra?”

The name Ezra means help. I too want to help others know the Lord better. In the stillness of my heart, I knew that I desired to be an Ezra in other people’s lives, but I did not want anyone to be an Ezra in my son’s life. To have all the spiritual responsibility placed upon myself for my children is a burden I suddenly realized I did not want to carry alone. The Lord wanted a change of heart for me to allow others to participate in my children’s spiritual wellbeing. “Oh no, Robby’s going to camp.” It was a huge step of obedience and I admit that fear still stirred within me. However, it seemed that the word of God spoke louder than my own mind. Robby packed his bags and we headed to Indian Hills Youth Camp in Jamul.

My first mission was to find Robby’s counselor because I had a few things I needed to say. I was directed to the young man standing under the tent, alone. Perfect! I needed to explain to him that Robby had never been to camp. After several minutes of rambling, I realized that we had not been introduced. I paused, looked him in the eyes and said, “I am sorry. My name is Tonilee Adamson. What is your name?” Without hesitating, he said “My name is Ezra.” The heavens parted and the angels were smiling as I turned to my husband and said, “We need to leave NOW.” No more instructions, no more worries, no more words. We kissed Robby and headed home.

I had just one thought all week: “Did his mother name him Ezra?”  When I picked up Robby, I asked him to take me to his counselor to ask him, “Is Ezra your real name?” This 20-something young man said to me, “No, it is my camp name. My life verse is Ezra 7:10. I asked the Lord to allow me to be an Ezra in the kids’ lives as I minister this summer.” I stared at him as tears began to well up and said, “Me TOO!” We exchanged a few more words and I left thanking and praising God for His amazing ability to hear, act and use His words to expand my mind and soften my heart to receive so much amazing blessing.

There are many non-Christian women who are great mothers. Women do not need the filling of the Holy Spirit to follow the desires to love, teach and train their children. However, to teach and train a child in the ways that they should go for their children’s best interest long term does require a submitted life to the Lord. We do not stand before God someday for the choices our children have made. Instead we stand before God alone for the choices we have made. When a woman seeks the counsel of the Lord and obeys, others are blessed. The problem comes when we interpret our own thoughts to be the Lord’s will. By asking, seeking and knocking through the daily circumstances and choices of life, we will find freedom in following the Lord’s ways. Seasons of life change but the Lord is faithful. I have come to realize that when I desire to hear the Lord’s voice louder than I want Him to hear mine then I have peace to change and do things His way over my own. God has brought the best “helper” to each of us. We do find freedom when seeking His help above all others.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Jun 2016, 10:07 am

Today’s Readings: Job 14; Acts 9:22-43

Today’s Thoughts: Grief of Mind

When Esau was forty years old, he took as wives Judith the daughter of Beeri the Hittite, and Basemath the daughter of Elon the Hittite. And they were a grief of mind to Isaac and Rebekah. Genesis 26:34-35 

Do you have relationships in your life that are "a grief of mind"? Think about those people who really challenge your thoughts. It is as if you just cannot get along with them no matter how hard you try and you cannot accept who they are or what they do no matter how much you pray. However, for some reason, you cannot escape the relationship either. These people quench our peace and rob us of joy. Why can we not just live life without personality conflicts?

The answer has to do with the two greatest commandments. We must love the Lord with all our hearts, minds, souls and strength and we must also love others as ourselves. Jesus says in Luke 6:32-36 that, if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners love those who love them. And if you do good to those who do good to you, what credit is that to you? For even sinners do the same. And if you lend to those from whom you hope to receive back, what credit is that to you? For even sinners lend to sinners to receive as much back. But love your enemies, do good, and lend, hoping for nothing in return; and your reward will be great, and you will be sons of the Most High. He is kind to the unthankful and evil. Therefore be merciful, just as your Father also is merciful.

God wants us to learn mercy, kindness, thankfulness and love. We cannot love God with everything we have and then not love others. We can have people in life that are a grief of mind but God desires that we learn to love with His heart, touch with His hands and see through His eyes. We can only do that through a dependency on the Lord through His Holy Spirit. God wants us to be more like Him and He can change us if we work with Him through all this.

To overcome these personal conflicts, try stepping back from the issues and pray that you can have a discernment to change the dynamics of the relationship. That person may not ever change but you can. Be proactive in prayer if you know that you will be interacting with that person and ask the Lord to check your spirit before you act out in the flesh. Slowly but surely, you will begin to have victory and God will receive the glory.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Jun 2016, 10:32 am

June 28

Today’s Reading: Job 11; Acts 9:1-21

Today’s Thoughts: The Work Never Ends

The man went away, and told the Jews that it was Jesus who had made him well. For this reason, the Jews were persecuting Jesus, because He was doing these things on the Sabbath. But He answered them, "My Father is working until now, and I Myself am working." John 5:15-17

Jesus does not ever stop working with us or on us. At the time of Christ, the religious leaders were angry with Jesus for making a sick man well on the Sabbath. They exclaimed that Jesus had no right to do such a thing on the Sabbath. To us, this statement does not make sense. God is good and He can choose to be good whenever and on whoever He wants.  

Jesus showed us a quality of God's character that the Jewish religious men did not represent due to their self-righteousness. Jesus is "God with us." Through His Holy Spirit, Jesus is now "God in us." So God is continually working on us, and in us, despite the day or circumstance at hand. God's desire is that we be whole and healthy. Jesus came to break the bonds of sin and habits that keep us captive; behaviors that do not bring glory to God, but keep us focused on ourselves. Jesus is continually working on and in us and He is never in a rush. God is too gracious and merciful to bombard us with attempts to change all the areas in which we fall short all at once.

Trust Him for your shortcomings; sometimes we are our own worse critics. Recognize that God is not always worried about, or surprised by, or in a rush to fix some of the weaknesses which concern us so much. We need to be honest, be open and be willing to be obedient. The Lord will be faithful to complete the work He began, because Jesus is always working.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Jun 2016, 8:12 pm

June 27

Today’s Reading: Job 8; Acts 8:26-40

Today’s Thoughts: God’s Time

But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 2 Peter 3:8

Time is an amazing concept. We can only understand time by how we experience it and how it applies to our lives. Our lives revolve around a 24 hour day, 7 day week, 4 week month, and 12 month year, give or take a few days. We measure time in increments by celebrating markers such as birthdays, holidays, and anniversaries. We discuss time in terms of how fast or how slow it passes. We know that time is moving but we cannot see it, so we watch the sun rise and set, and we keep track of time with our watches and clocks. Our entire life is one constant span of time, uniquely purposed by God for each one of us.

Peter writes to tell us one more truth about time: God's idea of time is not the same as ours. We understand time as a constant, linear progression but God sees time without boundaries, limits or schedules. Can you imagine one day being as a thousand years, or vice versa? The Lord's definition of time does not fit into our neat box of calendars, clocks and sunsets..

As Christians, we must learn to live in God's timeline. We must surrender to His timing in all things. And we must be careful not to think that we have control over time, even our own. 2 Peter 3:10 says it best: But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night, in which the heavens will pass away with a great noise, and the elements will melt with fervent heat; both the earth and the works that are in it will be burned up. There is a day coming when this earth will burn and those of us in Christ will be safe with Him. For those not in Christ, they will spend eternity forever separated from Him in a terrible place called Hell. God is waiting even now just for one more person to come to Him, before it is too late. One day could take a thousand years to complete, or a thousand years could be as one day, and then time is up. Is there time for one more person to come to Jesus? Only God knows; and that is why our time here on earth is precious.

Maybe you know someone who needs to come to Jesus. Maybe the Lord has been telling you to share His message with them, the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Maybe time is running out and this may be their last chance. Do not let time pass by carelessly. One day the Lord will say to Jesus that time is up for people on earth. Are you ready for that time?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 26 Jun 2016, 11:14 pm

June 26

Today’s Reading: Job 5; Acts 8:1-25

Today’s Thoughts: Integrity and Character

"No, my lord, hear me: I give you the field and the cave that is in it; I give it to you in the presence of the sons of my people. I give it to you. Bury your dead!" Then Abraham bowed himself down before the people of the land; and he spoke to Ephron in the hearing of the people of the land, saying, "If you will give it, please hear me. I will give you money for the field; take it from me and I will bury my dead there." And Ephron answered Abraham, saying to him, "My lord, listen to me; the land is worth four hundred shekels of silver. What is that between you and me? So bury your dead." Genesis 23:11-15

When Sarah died in Hebron in the land of Canaan, Abraham went to the sons of Heth (the people who lived in the land) and requested a burial place. Abraham acknowledged that he was a foreigner in their land and humbled himself by bowing before these men to ask his petition. They, in turn, honored Abraham by calling him a prince and instructing him to take the choicest piece of land for his burial. They wanted him to take it for free but Abraham insisted on paying the fair price for the land. After much debate back and forth, an amount of 400 shekels of silver was given as the land value and Abraham gladly paid it.

Abraham was obviously a man of integrity. He was respected and honored among the people living in Canaan, even though he was considered a foreigner in their land. At this time, Abraham's descendants were yet to come. He was living in the faith of the promise from God that one day his descendants would live freely in this land of Canaan, the Promise Land. But instead of flaunting his heritage, he humbled himself and honored the current residents by insisting on paying his fair share for a burial place. In return, his integrity and character were perceived even greater in the eyes of these people. God blessed Abraham for his faith and obedience.

Our integrity is often tested through our finances. How we handle our money is a true sign of our character and it seems that Christians are under the spotlight more than others. By paying for the land, Abraham was not under obligation to the landowners. When in debt, we are obligated to the lenders. When in debt, it is hard to make wise choices because our need for money can overshadow the right decision. Pray about your finances and ask the Lord to guide you in all decisions regarding money, even in issues of debt. Integrity and character are far more valuable.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 Jun 2016, 10:20 pm

June 25

Today's Reading: Job 3; Acts 7:44-60

Today's Thoughts: Love Covers a Multitude of Sin

Then he knelt down and cried out with a loud voice, "Lord, do not charge them with this sin." And when he had said this, he fell asleep. Acts 7:60

Stephen was a man described as being "full of faith and power, [doing] great wonders and signs among the people" (Acts 6:8). He had been selected by Peter and the other disciples as one of seven to whom they would entrust certain ministerial duties, while preaching about Jesus. It was not long before Stephen found himself in the center of controversy, standing before the powerful Sanhedrin Council personally to account for his zealous activities for Christ. Today's verse records the last words that Stephen would speak as he is being stoned to death by the people. Stephen's prayer is similar to Jesus' prayer in Luke 23:34 as Jesus said from the cross, "Forgive them Father for they know not what they do."

Stephen had a love for the people that only comes from the Father. He was not only filled with faith and power but also with love because he had the Holy Spirit living within him. As the people gathered to stone Stephen, they lay their garments at the feet of a man named Saul. Saul became the Apostle Paul, the one who brought the gospel of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles. As Saul stood in agreement to kill Stephen, Stephen asks the Lord to forgive them all (including Saul). Did Stephen have any idea that God would greatly use Saul (who would later become the Apostle Paul)? Not at this point, but his love would cover a multitude of sins and God knew how it would all work out.

As Christians, we know that we are supposed to love and to forgive those who sin against us, but truly doing that in our hearts does not come easy for any one of us. The Holy Spirit is the One who fills us with God's love and only God's love can forgive those who hurt or betray us. Instead of waiting until something happens to us personally, we need to be proactive and to ask for the love of Christ to fill us to overflowing. Love is not something to take for granted. Love is something we must pursue. Pursue love today and consciously make it part of your prayers. Ask the Lord to give you a love for Jesus and for His people that surpasses understanding. For Jesus loves us so much that He is still asking the Father to forgive us our sins.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Jun 2016, 11:06 pm

June 24

Today's Reading: Job 1; Acts 7:22-43

Today's Thoughts: Friends’ Advice

Now when Job's three friends heard of all this adversity that had come upon him, each one came from his own place—Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite. For they had made an appointment together to come and mourn with him, and to comfort him.  And when they raised their eyes from afar, and did not recognize him, they lifted their voices and wept; and each one tore his robe and sprinkled dust on his head toward heaven. So they sat down with him on the ground seven days and seven nights, and no one spoke a word to him, for they saw that his grief was very great. Job 2:11-13

Job's friends had obviously been getting reports as to what was happening to him, and at some point decided to come and see for themselves what was going on. He was so severely disfigured that his three friends did not recognize him. These friends came with the purpose to "mourn with him, and to comfort him." But if you continue reading the rest of the book of Job, you will see more criticism than compassion is given by these friends. They each used their own wisdom in giving Job advice and counsel; but their counsel is not of the Lord, it is of themselves. They do not know or understand God's ways. They ended up being anything but comforting to Job, as Job had to defend his own actions and beliefs to them. In the end, God restored Job double what he originally had, and Job was granted an amazing insight into just how glorious and holy God is. As for these three friends, it was Job himself who prayed on their behalf so that God would pardon their sins against him. They may have thought they were helping Job, but in reality they were sinning against him, and God was watching.

God is always watching us too. Sometimes God sets up circumstances just to see how we will respond. Will we turn from the Lord or will we worship Him? People around us will always have an opinion. Some of these people will be true friends who try to help. God is watching them as well. As Christians, we will find ourselves at times on both sides. When life's trials and afflictions hit us, we may feel like Job, and all we can really do is to continue to trust the Lord, to cry out to Him and to worship Him through it all. If we are watching a friend go through a difficult trial, then we must pray for the wisdom on how to help them. It is not our place to give them our personal counsel or guidance. Our role as their friend is to intercede in prayer for them and to help them in the ways that God leads us. We need to provide compassion and love, just as Jesus does to us. We need to remember that God is watching how we will respond in both situations. We must trust the Lord, seek His counsel, and wait upon Him. For in the end, God is the only One who can truly restore us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:28 am

June 23

Today’s Reading: Esther 9; Acts 7:1-21

Today’s Thoughts: Looking for Love

And we have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 1 John 4:16

There is a chorus of a song that says, "Looking for love in all the wrong places, looking for love in too many faces." Funny how true that is. We each have an innate desire to be loved and accepted just the way we are. We long for others to be kind, caring and selfless. We look for this kind of love from our families, friends and even neighbors, believing that we are giving this kind of love so others should give it back. However, the harder we look and the more we seek, the more discouraged and heartbroken we become. Why? Because we are looking for love in all the wrong places and in too many faces.

God is love. Love comes from God. If we are going to talk about love, look for love and try to love others, we need to learn from the Creator of love. Jesus said in John 15:13, "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends." Jesus laid down His life for us. He was willing to take on the form of a man and then lower Himself to the role of a servant to express His perfect love. The right place to look for love is at the cross and the only "face" that truly expresses love is Jesus'.

Jesus loves you. There is nothing you can do to receive more of His love and there is no sin so great that you can lessen His love for you. His love is constant. It is funny that we look for love, but when we find it, it is a hard thing to accept. Ask the Lord to open your heart today to be able to receive His love for you. Rest in His love and seek His face. Fill that void in your heart by knowing the true essence of Love. Then, instead of your looking for love in the faces of others, others will find it when they see Christ reflected in yours.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Jun 2016, 11:26 am

Elaine, prosperity begins with meditation! 

Psalms 1:2-3 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, And in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, Which yields its fruit in its season And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers. 

One of my favorite passages in the Scriptures is Psalm 1, and clearly this psalm holds an important key for our lives as believers to be fruitful and prosperous. That key is meditation. The psalmist describes the one who prospers as one who meditates "day and night"; a continual meditation developing the Godly habit of disciplining one’s mind in divine truth.

I love what Charles Spurgeon said about meditation, "He is not the best student who reads the most books, but he who meditates the most upon them; he shall not learn most of divinity who hears the greatest number of sermons, but he who meditates the most devoutly upon what he does hear; nor shall he be so profound a scholar who takes down ponderous volumes one after the other, as he who, reading little by little, precept upon precept, and line upon line, digests what he learns, and assimilates each sentiment to his heart by meditation."

Elaine, meditation on the word of God brings its truth and light to bear powerfully upon your mind and soul. Since you are made in the image of God you are not a shallow creature, but a very profound one. You have the opportunity to be deeply affected and beautifully transformed by the living words of God. Don't miss out on it. As you contemplate and reflect on His Word, allowing it to expose, redefine, and transform every area of your life, you will flourish like a tree planted by a river, and whatever you do will prosper! Only remember, it begins with meditation. 

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Negev Desert, Israel 

Editor's Note: Watch George's message: Which voice will you listen to in the last days?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 22 Jun 2016, 9:39 pm

June 22

Today’s Reading: Esther 6; Acts 6

Today’s Thoughts: Not to be Passed Over

Jude, a bondservant of Jesus Christ, and brother of James, To those who are called, sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ. Jude 1

The book of Jude is small, containing only 25 verses, and is positioned between the three letters of John (First, Second and Third epistles) and Revelation, the last book of the Bible. Jude writes his letter to the church exhorting them to beware of the false teachers who are corrupting the people. Jude covers much interesting territory in his short letter; he writes of the supernatural realm and the Archangel Michael, and then brings us back into the Old Testament with Enoch, the seventh from Adam. It is a great book, packed with a powerful message to all of us believers today.

Sometimes in Scripture, I think we pass over some of the most powerful words in verses that we take for granted. For example, today's verse is the opening introduction to Jude. It identifies the author as a bondservant of Jesus Christ and a brother of James, and then it addresses the reader. This introductory point can often be overlooked, but I want to focus on how "those" (the reader) are described. "To those who are called, sanctifiedby God the Father, and preservedin Jesus Christ." Those who are called are the first ones addressed. Called means appointed or invited. We have been invited to receive Jesus Christ as Savior. We were appointed for this invitation even before the world was formed (Romans 8:29-30).

Next are those who are sanctified. Sanctified means holy, purified and set apart by God. We are made holy when we receive Jesus as Savior and we are set apart from those who do not believe. Finally, those who are preserved are preserved in Christ. The root of this word in the Greek actually means to watch or keep an eye on. We are being watched and kept an eye on by Jesus Himself. As Christians, we are called for the purposes of God, we are sanctified and set apart by Him for His purposes, and we are preserved by His Son who watches over us and keeps us in His care.

What awesome comfort this verse should bring to all of us today! There is so much to glean from these words. Write it down and really pray over it as to what God is saying to you personally. Maybe you did not know that this verse was written just for you. Take time to study this short book and ask the Lord to teach you His word. And remember, even the introductions are packed with power. Do not skip over any part.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next