World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 9:47 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 9:40 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 9:25 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 9:14 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 8:40 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 5:32 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 4:35 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 3:55 pm by Admin

» israelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 3:41 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 3:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 3:20 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 3:18 pm by Admin

» The Life and Death of Binyamin Airley
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 2:39 pm by Admin

»  Israel's Eurovision song Hurricane.
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 10:16 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 9:07 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 12:11 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptySat 11 May 2024, 12:02 am by Admin

» Sign Petition Against Antisemitism
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:26 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:20 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 27 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Post  Admin Thu 21 Oct 2010, 2:12 pm

Date: October 21, 2010 12:33 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Self-Confidence

Self-Confidence

"you ought to say, 'If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that.' As it is, you boast and brag. All such boasting is evil" (James 4:15-16).
Scripture Focus: James 4

It would be a rare occasion, indeed, to hear a business person say, "If it's the Lord's will, we'll move ahead with this project." An unbelieving CEO wouldn't approach business that way. Sadly, many Christian CEOs wouldn't either. Truth be told, do I acknowledge the Lord before I march ahead with my daily plans? Most of us feel so confident about our own intentions that we begin to believe we are the ones in control. Our self-confidence becomes the pillar on which we stand.

James' letter speaks volumes to us about submitting ourselves to God rather than insisting on our own way. We quarrel with each other; we make friends with the world; we are proud and quick to speak against our brother. Imagine how far James, Jesus' sibling, had come in his walk of faith! After all, he grew up with a brother who, though perfect in behavior, seemed downright crazy at times (See Mark 3:20-21.) James urges Jesus' followers then as well as us now to let Christ be our pillar and to put our confidence in Him.

Insight: When we adopt God's plans, our hearts will ultimately find rest in His provision.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 Oct 2010, 11:02 am

Date: October 20, 2010 1:05 AM
Topic: +DEV+ American Idol Hopefuls

American Idol Hopefuls

"...That is why Scripture says: 'God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.' Submit yourselves, then, to God" (James 4:6-7a).
Scripture Focus: Mark 10:35-45

They congregate by the thousands in major cities throughout the United States to audition for the TV show, "American Idol." Some sing like nightingales; others leave more to be desired! However, they all have one thing in common: a compelling desire to become the next "American Idol."

We can't ascribe a colossal ego to every contestant, but obviously many believe they are good enough to merit the fame and fortune that accompany the title, "American Idol." If ego without talent was enough, many would win.

Two disciples, James and John, asked Jesus to appoint them to the top "cabinet" positions in His future kingdom. But their ambition hit a wall when He informed them that God honors humility, not selfish ambition. According to Jesus, the way up in the kingdom is the way down. God honors service rather than self-aggrandizing.

Any one of us may have the talent to become the next "American Idol," but do we humbly serve others in Jesus' name? Pursue that instead.

Insight: Don't let your ego become so big that you may have to swallow it someday.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 19 Oct 2010, 2:20 pm

Date: October 18, 2010 11:02 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Untrustworthy Idols

Untrustworthy Idols

"O house of Israel, trust in the LORD - he is their help and shield. You who fear him, trust in the LORD - he is their help and shield" (Psalm 115:9, 11).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 115:1-11

Our economy has its ups and downs, often more downs than ups, but God's promises remain stable and reliable. He has promised to meet our daily needs. Though our financial institutions may go under, the Bank of Heaven will never fail. Therefore, our trust should be in God and in His Word.

Three times Psalm 115 identifies God as His people's help and shield and therefore worthy of their trust (vs. 9, 10, 11). It also depicts idols as the "work of men's hands" (vs. 4), incapable of speaking, seeing, hearing, smelling, handling, or walking. In other words, idols are untrustworthy.

Perhaps our shaky economy serves notice that money and material goods are nothing in which to put our trust. They don't see those who trust in them. Nor do they answer the cries of those who trust in them. They cannot handle personal crises or walk alongside their worshipers in the valley of despair. How vastly different is our God. He is personal and powerful. He is our "help and shield," and He invites us to trust in Him.

Insight: Time spent serving idols is idle time. But time spent worshiping and serving the Lord has eternal significance.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 18 Oct 2010, 1:16 pm

Date: October 17, 2010 9:38 PM
Topic: +DEV+ American Idols
American Idols

"...And we are in him who is true even in his Son Jesus Christ. He is the true God and eternal life. Dear children, keep yourselves from idols" (1 John 5:20-21).
Scripture Focus: 1 John 5:13-21
In some cultures an idol is a statue or an image crafted from stone, wood or metal and regarded as an object of worship. It may resemble an animal, a mythical creature, or a human being. It may bear a name. The Hebrews strayed into the worship of idols resembling golden calves shortly after the true God had delivered them from slavery in Egypt (Exodus 32), and years later after the division of the United Kingdom (1 Kings 12:26-28).
But in a broader sense an idol is anything or anyone held in greater esteem than God. This definition brings the idea of having idols right into your own life and mine. We may never see anyone worship an actual statue, but esteeming someone or something more highly than God, is at times all too familiar. While some may value sports figures or Hollywood personalities, others may idolize a pastime, money, fame, or fortune. Many of our idols are hidden deep inside our hearts.
Genuine worship demands that we cast those idols aside and live for Him Who is true.
Insight: The throne of our hearts belongs to God. We dare not worship anything or anyone else.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 15 Oct 2010, 8:31 am

Date: October 14, 2010 10:36 PM
Topic: +DEV+ He Remains the Same

He Remains the Same

"God is our refuge and strength, an ever present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth give way and the mountains fall into the heart of the sea" (Psalm 46:1-2).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 46

Winter gives way to spring; laughter turns to tears, parched earth changes to verdant growth after rain; childlessness yields to family; a calm sea becomes a storm. Some changes we welcome more than others. All of them serve to remind us that our Creator remains the same.

Martin Luther clung with all his life to that great truth: that God remained and His kingdom would be forever. Nearly 500 years ago on this very day, he posted on the cathedral doors in [color:0d88=#000]Wittenberg, Germany his 95 complaints against the medieval church. He sought to bring us back to the Scriptures and to make it clear how salvation was given. The words Luther wrote for the great hymn "A Mighty Fortress is Our God" were and still are a rallying cry for believers in Jesus Christ. We have focused this month on the implications of our constant change and God's forever remaining the same. Because we know the unchanging One, we can sing with Christians throughout history that "God's truth abideth still - His kingdom is forever."

Insight: "A mighty fortress is our God, a bulwark never failing...from age to age the same..." Martin Luther, 1529
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 Oct 2010, 8:34 pm

Date: October 14, 2010 1:20 AM
Topic: +DEV+ We Shall All Be Changed

We Shall All Be Changed
"We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed - in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound...and we will be changed" (1 Corinthians 15:51).
Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 15:50-58
In an essay published in 1947, author J. R. R. Tolkein coined a new word: eucatastrophe. It means "a sudden, joyous turn of events." He said that the incarnation of Jesus Christ was the eucatastrophe of human history. It was "an unexpected but not unpredictable conclusion" of a great drama.
The apostle Paul explains in detail a sudden, joyous turn of events - a eucatastrophe! - that will come at the end of this world to those of us who have believed in Jesus Christ. In the twinkling of an eye, we will all be changed. Our human minds cannot even begin to comprehend what those changes will be. A little boy I know who is legally blind was excited to hear that in heaven he would not need his glasses, but then lamented that without them he wouldn't be able to see. How like him we are in our thoughts...limited about the magnitude of the joyous changes God will work in us in the last.
Mercifully, He is transforming our lives even now, changing us moment by moment to make us more like Him!
Insight: Do you have heaven on your mind? Do you anticipate greater things in the next life than in this one? Wait with hopeful joy!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 Oct 2010, 4:30 pm

Date: October 13, 2010 1:03 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Evil in the Eyes of the Lord
Evil in the Eyes of the Lord

"And when he prayed to him, the Lord was moved by his entreaty and listened to his plea; so he brought him back to Jerusalem and to his kingdom..." (2 Chronicles 33:13).
Scripture Focus: 2 Chronicles 33:1-13
Halloween is only a few days away. I am simply aghast at how glorified this dark, occult event has become. Spiritually speaking, it appears that we are still living in a world that is just as depraved as it was in the days of the kings of Israel.
Manasseh was a king who did evil in the eyes God. Because of his disobedience, he was captured by the Assyrians who dragged him into Babylonian captivity by putting a hook through his nose. Dreadful! While imprisoned as a slave, Manasseh realized that he needed to change his attitude. He saw that obeying God wasn't such a bad idea after all. Having already lost his kingdom, Manasseh cried out to God in his distress; God, Who is merciful, heard him.
I am encouraged by the fact that even in the midst of complete evil such as we see today, God is still at work and is still in charge. No matter how wicked a nation and its people become, God can change their attitudes and bring them into a place of right living.
Insight: What do you fear? Do you trust that nothing on, above or below earth can diminish who Christ is?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 12 Oct 2010, 9:29 am

Date: October 11, 2010 8:24 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Refreshing Change

Refreshing Change
"One man gives freely, yet gains even more; another withholds unduly, but comes to poverty... he who refreshes others will himself be refreshed" (Proverbs 11:24-25).
Scripture Focus: Galatians 6:7-10
Most of us have sought a change one time or another, hoping to cast a refreshing light on an otherwise discouraging situation. Nothing like a fresh coat of paint, an escape to the mountains, or a new outfit to brighten a room, to clear the mind, or to lift the spirits. But none of those changes lasts. The music fades; the vacation ends; the paint begins to look outdated.
The Lord built into us a wonderful way to find true refreshment: in refreshing others! The proverb gives us a principle that is completely contrary to the world's thinking. The world and our flesh tell us that if life gets you down, do something great for yourself. God's Word tells us to give freely of ourselves-be it through time or money or material things-for others and then see how God will refresh us in the process.
I have known this principle to be true, yet I wait with greater anticipation for the final refreshing when this life draws to a close. Then Jesus Christ, our Comforter, will refresh us thoroughly at last!
Insight: Feeling weary? Have you ever laid aside your own cares and looked to others'? Give a cup of cool water for someone else today.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 Oct 2010, 11:45 am

Date: October 11, 2010 12:38 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Lump of Clay
Lump of Clay

"Yet, O Lord, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand" (Isaiah 64:8).
Scripture Focus: Jeremiah 18:1-6
Many of the changes that come about in our lives are not welcomed by us. If the lump of clay being kneaded by the potter could cry out, I am sure it would! Being molded and pressed and worked doesn't feel good. Yet if the lump of clay could know the stunning piece of artwork or the very useful water pitcher the artisan would create of it, perhaps he would keep silent. An audacious lump of clay that would be who would call out in defiance to the craftsman, the one who knows the shape he wants that clay to have.
There have been times of distress and hardship in my life that have hurt deeply. The process of getting through has pinched me, pressed me and pulled me in directions I didn't want to go. In my boldness I questioned the Lord's ways. Yet here I am today, His humbled vessel, filled up and spilled out time and time again in ways that have been able to give Him glory. Far be it from me to challenge the Master Craftsman, my Father and my Lord.
Insight: Have you also felt the pain of being molded? Do you believe that God's plans will work together for your good? Trust Him!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 08 Oct 2010, 11:08 am

Date: October 7, 2010 10:09 PM
Topic: +DEV+ A New Spirit
A New Spirit

"For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory" (Colossians 3:3-4).
Scripture Focus: Ezekiel 36:24-27
One evening at a doctor appointment, God let me eavesdrop on a miracle in progress. A once-quiet exam room next to mine suddenly erupted into a frenzy of excited voices and hurried footsteps. I learned that the man in the room beside mine was a candidate for a heart transplant, and a donor had finally become available. What a change he was about to experience!
For the rest of the evening, my thoughts returned to him. I contemplated how he was being given a second chance at life because somewhere nearby, a life had just ended. The medical world and the generous gift of a total stranger had combined to offer him a miracle.
Similarly, God has offered us the gift of life. We were already dead in our sins when He sent His Son to restore us. And ultimately in Jesus' death we would be given the opportunity to live. We're like the young woman receiving a new set of lungs. Our names have been called. God's promises have been fulfilled, and new life in Christ is ours for the taking.
Insight: Do you have the assurance of salvation? Is salvation something we can earn? How does new life give you hope?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 Oct 2010, 8:14 am

Date: October 6, 2010 9:22 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Noisy Nature

Noisy Nature

"'Would you discredit my justice?...Do you have an arm like God's,
and can your voice thunder like his'" (Job 40:8-9)?
Scripture Focus: Psalm 19:1-11

June 25, 2007, was an exciting day for NASA and the crew of the
shuttle, Atlantis, as my friend recounted. "The sky was beautifully
clear, so I could witness Atlantis flying right over. As soon as I
heard the sonic booms, I knew exactly where to look in the sky. A
thin white trail represented the shuttle's change from a place with
no atmosphere to Earth's atmosphere."

There's something awesome about the power of those twin sonic booms.
It makes me wonder what it must have been like when God's voice
spread across the expanse of space and spoke the universe into being.
A sonic boom is impossible to ignore. The force driving it causes the
sound barrier to be broken and elicits an unmistakable noise.

God's voice is unmistakable. He calls to us, reminding us that He is
truly awesome. We may not always understand what He is doing or why.
There are times when the beauty and perfection of God's plan for our
lives is not understandable until it has been completed in us. In all
things, He is marvelous and worthy to be praised.

Insight: What changes in your life are hard? Do you enjoy hearing
God's voice? What evidence of God's power have you seen?
--

Michael D. Inman
- The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do
Nothing -- Edmund Burke...
"If the First Amendment fails, use the Second one."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 Oct 2010, 7:54 am

Date: October 6, 2010 1:53 AM
Topic: +DEV+ God's Call to Change
God's Call to Change

"Whom have I in heaven but you? And being with you, I desire nothing on earth...God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever"
(Psalm 73:25-26).
Scripture Focus: Jeremiah 7:1-7
Sometimes the hardest part about change is our dealing with our attitudes. We may say we want change, but when it comes right down to it, it's far easier to forgo change and just keep things as they are. This is something I struggle with greatly, especially when the calendar changes from December to January. I tell myself I'm going to change certain things about my behavior, but come February my weak will has already taken me back to old familiar bad habits. The problem is that I don't actively change my way of thinking.
It's not enough to simply desire change in our hearts. We have to base the changes on the knowledge that God expects us to change. Unless we realign our way of thinking, we can't alter our behavior. We need to take God's commands and laws seriously, writing them on the tablets of our heart so that they are constantly with us. The more we learn about God, His laws and His will, the more we will develop our internal desire to make the right kind of changes in our lives.
Insight: Are God's Laws Familiar To You? Is Your Desire To Be Obedient Or To Be Complacent? What Changes Do You Hope To Make?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Oct 2010, 1:28 pm

Date: October 4, 2010 10:08 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Changing the Routine

Changing the Routine

"Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of
doing, but let us encourage one another - and all the more as you see
the Day approaching" (Hebrews 10:25).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 122

When my wife and I married, we moved to a new state where we became
members of a different church family. The transition was difficult.
The hardest part of joining with a new body of believers was just
that-it was different.

I knew I needed to attend church, but something inside kept me from
welcoming this new change in my spiritual life. For several months I
set my jaw and went to church out of obligation and routine.

Routine isn't necessarily a bad thing. After all, our God is a God of
order and not chaos, and a well-established routine can bring about
order and peace.

The same can be said of using routine to develop our relationships
with God. God commands us to go to church so that we can learn about
Him and how He is working in the lives of other Christians. Going to
church out of habit still gives us an opportunity to spend time with
God. His grace abounds though our hearts are defiant. We must not
give up meeting together with others, even if it means the routine
has to change a little bit.

Insight: Do you tend to stick to a routine? How do you develop your
relationship with God? Do you ever feel like church is a habit?
--

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 04 Oct 2010, 11:49 am

Date: October 3, 2010 10:20 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Breaking the Mold

Breaking the Mold

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test... what God's will is" (Romans 12:2).
Scripture Focus: Romans 12:1-2

One of the many things I learned in life is that not all people who claim to be Christians do a very good job of separating themselves from the rest of the world. The so-called friends whom I thought would be supportive of my relationship with God, turned out to be the ones who impeded my walk with Him the most. Daily I was reminded that conformity was much easier than self-sacrifice. Sadly, there are even some churches that fail to resist conformity. Dr. Michael Horton's book "Christless Christianity" details exactly that.

How can we possible change the world for the better? First, we need to be available to God. This means getting rid of that which competes with Him for our attention. Secondly, we must confess that we are sinners, unable to change ourselves without God's intervention. Finally, live in obedience, going against the grain of popular opinion. As we walk through these steps on a regular basis, breaking out of the mold that the world wants for us, God brings us into a right relationship with Him.

Insight: What Are The Downfalls Of Conformity? Have You Ever Decided To Conform Rather Than Stand Alone? What Blessing Is There To Renewing The Mind?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Oct 2010, 9:59 am

Reflecting Christ

"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit" (2 Corinthians 3:18).
Scripture Focus: Isaiah 62:1-5
In my wife's words...
"Of all my wonderful life-moments, perhaps my favorite is from my wedding. As my dad walked me down the aisle, I was fixated on my groom. The closer we got, the more brightly we beamed at one another. It was as though we were the only two people on earth. In that moment we knew our lives were about to change permanently, and we couldn't be more excited about it."
Every day we continue to reflect our love for one another through our actions and our words. People who know us know without a doubt that we are in love.
A similar thing happens when we become close to God. As we are shining in the light of His glory, we are transformed. We are no longer alone in life - we have Christ at our side. We are His bride! Our actions and behavior should make it clear to everyone who knows us that we love and are loved by Christ. Our attitudes should reflect the changes that have happened as a result of getting to know our Lord and Savior more intimately.
Insight: Are You In A Loving Relationship With God? Do People Who Know You Know You Know God? In What Ways Do You Reflect Him?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Sep 2010, 11:49 am

Date: September 29, 2010 10:57 PM
Topic: +DEV+ A Swiftly Changing World
A Swiftly Changing World
"I the LORD do not change...you have turned away from my decrees and have not kept them. Return to me, and I will return to you..." (Malachi 3:6a, 7).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 125
America thrives on change. Although we're a relatively young country, we have seen very dramatic changes in just a few hundred years. Transportation, communication, entertainment, food preparation and even family life are wildly different than they were in the days of our founding fathers. How should a Christian behave in a world characterized by nearly constant change?
First, we must remember to keep God at the center of all we do, regardless of our surroundings. God has set us apart and called us for a specific purpose in life. We cannot fulfill that purpose if we stray from Him. Secondly, we should ask the Holy Spirit to give us a measure of discernment and wisdom so that we change only in ways that edify His church or make our personal relationships with Christ stronger. And finally, be thankful for the myriad of ways we benefit from all these changes.
Just because the world around us moves at breakneck speed, we need not fear. We serve a God who is unchanging and constant.
Insight: Do you struggle to obey laws that don't seem modern? Have any of God's laws changed? How have you changed in response to God's laws?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Sep 2010, 12:52 pm

Topic: +DEV+ Purifying the Heart

Purifying the Heart
"Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded" (James 4:8).
Scripture Focus: James 4
How can we begin to close the gap that yawns between us and God? The first thing that needs to change about us is that we need to come clean. Like the child who stops covering up because his mom seems to see right through him, we must realize that we cannot hide anything from God. He already knows our comings and our goings both for now and forever. He knows our innermost thoughts and secrets-things we sometimes barely acknowledge to ourselves. To come clean before Him means that we come to Him with the full realization that we are unworthy.
Submitting to God involves openly admitting we are sinners. As we lay our failures before Him, our hearts change from filthy rags to beautiful gems, purified of all unrighteousness. In forgiveness God speaks His love to us and purifies our hearts all th more, washing us in the pools of His grace.
God has so much to offer...more than our minds could ever conceive, and nothing that this world could give.
Insight: Do you feel close to God? Is your heart available to be filled with His love? What hinders your close relationship with God?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Sep 2010, 10:23 am

Date: September 28, 2010 3:06 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Change of Heart

A Change of Heart

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are
crushed in spirit" (Psalm 34:18).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 34:1-18

Of all the different things in life that have the potential to
influence us, the ones that carry the most weight tend to be those
that affect the heart. The Bible refers to the heart as the
"wellspring of life," urging us to guard it above all else.

The Psalmist writes that God is close to the brokenhearted and saves
those who are crushed in spirit. A person's heart, in the emotional
and spiritual sense, is a place where secrets and dreams are kept.
The pain of a broken heart is as unique as its contents. We can take
comfort in the fact that a God Who is so large and powerful
demonstrates His love on such an intimate and personal level when He
mends the brokenhearted of His creation.

When our own emotions overpower us, the Holy Spirit intervenes and
changes our hearts to be more peaceful. Although we can't change the
circumstances that hurt our hearts, we can cry out to God, and He
will mend them like a mother tenderly mending her loved one's shirts.
He is forever faithful and unchanging.

Insight: When Have You Needed Peace In Your Heart? Do You Believe God
Is Faithful Times Of Brokenness? How Do Emotions Change Your Heart
And Attitude?
--

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Sep 2010, 10:11 am

Date: September 27, 2010 1:17 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Unfathomable Forgiveness

Unfathomable Forgiveness
"Then when I make atonement for you, you will remember and be ashamed and never again open your mouth..." (Ezekiel 16:63).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 32:1-5
Many Christians trivialize the whole concept of forgiveness. We go through each day committing numerous sins; then, at the end of the day, we quickly offer up a flippant prayer saying, "forgive all my sins." When we do this, we may fail to recognize the gravity of our mistakes and the consequences of our sins. We don't even think to ask God to help us change our sinful attitudes. After all, why should we change? God loves us just as we are, doesn't He?
God does indeed love us exactly as we are, but He also loves us too much to let us stay that way. He never stops forgiving us. He never ceases to give us second chances. He desires that we have a change of heart and choose obedience over selfishness. God is best served when we live a life of humility and give Him the glory.
When God forgives us, He removes our sins as far as the east is from the west (Psalm 103:12). We, however, should be humbly mindful of what He has done, and praise Him accordingly.
Insight: What does forgiveness make you think of? Do you need to change to become more humble? Aren't you glad that God allows us to change?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Sep 2010, 2:13 pm

Date: September 23, 2010 8:47 PM
Topic: +DEV+ A Change in Appetite

A Change in Appetite
"He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with
manna, which neither you nor your fathers had known..." (Deuteronomy
8:3a).
Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 8:1-18
I used to hate Italian food. I didn't mind my mom's spaghetti so
much, but lasagna, penne, even pizza made me turn up my nose. I could
count on one hand the number of times I'd been to an Italian
restaurant. Then, when I was 15 a friend took me out to Alex's Pizza
where I decided to try the chicken parmigiana. My appetite underwent
a dramatic change, and I have been a fan of Italian foods for quite
some time since.
God has a way of turning our spiritual appetites around as well. When
we open ourselves to the possibility of trying something new,
blessings await us. It has been said that hunger is the best
seasoning. Instead of trying to fill our emptiness by ingesting
whatever looks the most appealing at the moment, we need to hunger
for the Lord. Remember that only God can provide the satisfaction and
change of appetite we need.
As I have hungered and thirsted after Him, I have undergone so many
wonderful changes. Let's pray that the same would be true for you.
Insight: Do You Regularly Feed On God's Word? How Does God Satisfy
Your Spiritual Hunger? Has God Ever Changed Your Appetite To Seek
After Him?

--
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Sep 2010, 8:32 am

Topic: +DEV+ Changing Seasons
Changing Seasons

"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die..." (Ecclesiastes 3:1-2a).
Scripture Focus: Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

My natural tendency is to cling to that which is familiar while resisting the new. Granted, some things should never be relinquished, but for the most part, living a fulfilled life means learning to let go. Additionally, resistance to change can, in some ways, impede our progress in a relationship with God.

As we read in Ecclesiastes, there is a time for everything. Life's seasons are characterized in many different ways, and throughout each season God has something to teach us. God is relentless in how He demonstrates His love for us, but if we are resistant to the idea of change, then we may be resisting Him, too. God desires that we focus on Him. If we are forever looking in the rear-view mirror at a season that has passed, we may completely miss out on where God is taking us next.

Seasons and situations change, but God remains the same. Every good and perfect gift comes from Him (See James 1:17). Let's welcome the changes He brings about in our lives and learn to appreciate the abundance of blessings He sends.

Insight: What Keeps You From Looking To The Future? Do You Ever Cling To The Past? Recall A Blessing God Has Given You In The Past.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 22 Sep 2010, 5:06 pm

Date: September 22, 2010 12:37 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Something More Permanent

Something More Permanent
"Since you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God...your life is now hidden with Christ in God" (Colossians 3:1, 3).
Scripture Focus: Colossians 3:1-10
The shades covering the window in our bedroom were atrocious. They were the adhesive variety that we purchased out of sheer necessity with little regard to aesthetics. I don't know why it took us so long to replace them, other than the fact that I managed to convince myself that they looked fine.
Eventually, the old shades came down and new ones went up. Even as flimsy as they were, that cheap adhesive proved a formidable challenge. In order to make room for new ones, the old had to be eliminated.
The same is true of the attitudes we harbor in our hearts at times. We convince ourselves that making changes requires too much work. Our brains tell us that what God has to offer in exchange for the old way of doing things can't possibly be better than whatever we attempt on our own.
Like installing the new shades, the Holy Spirit works by establishing new attitudes. God's will unfolds, and we learn that His saving grace is the only permanent thing worth treasuring.
Insight: Do you need a new attitude? What are some of the old things left in your heart? What other permanent things does God offer?

Date: September 21, 2010 8:21 AM

Topic: +DEV+ Correct Change
Correct Change
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God" (Philippians 4:6).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 145:1-13
The vending machine accepted five-dollar bills, so I fed a crisp Lincoln into the slot and pressed the button corresponding with the caffeinated beverage of choice. The change descended loudly.
Quickly applying some mental math, I calculated that the vending machine had returned only $1.50 in change. I plunged my fingers into the coin return cup and planned to voice a complaint to the front desk as soon as I retrieved those six quarters.
Then I looked at the coins in my palm: three Susan B. Anthony dollars, and three quarters. My anger turned to embarrassment. The change I received wasn't what I anticipated, but it was correct.
God's answers to our prayers rarely look the way we think they should. We conceive in our own minds just how we believe things ought to go. We grow anxious when the job opportunity fails or when the loved one does not heal or when the rebellious child does not come home. Nonetheless, God's answers are exactly what we need, given to us in the perfect amount.
Insight: Has God answered your prayers in a way you didn't expect? Can you see His good providence in it now?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Sep 2010, 7:17 am

Date: September 19, 2010 6:13 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Debt Reconciliation
Debt Reconciliation

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who...gave us the ministry of reconciliation" (2 Corinthians 5:17-18).
Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 5:11-21
When we moved to our new house, we acquired someone's old phone number. Apparently, that person wasn't very financially responsible. Collection agencies and creditors call frequently. We've spent several months explaining that we are not the person they seek.
When we become a new creation in Christ, He takes on our debt of sin. However, the enemy tries to undermine this good work. The evil one takes great pleasure in reminding us of our sinful past and trying to make us believe that we are still in great debt. Our lack of faith makes us think that payment will be exacted from us. This can weigh us down and interfere with our ability to praise God with our whole hearts.
In those times of insecurity, we must remember that our debts already have been reconciled. He took our sin and paid it all. There is now no condemnation for those who serve the Lord. We have been forgiven; nothing can change that. Rejoice! For in His eyes, we are a new creation.
Insight: Does your sinful past ever trouble you? Do you rejoice to be debt-free in Christ? How should we respond to our newness in Christ?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Sep 2010, 11:43 am

Date: September 16, 2010 8:56 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Consecrate Yourself

Consecrate Yourself

"...'Consecrate yourselves in preparation for tomorrow;...That which is devoted is among you, O Israel. You cannot stand against your enemies until you remove it'" (Joshua 7:13).
Scripture Focus: Joshua 7

Sometimes we become distracted by material things. We have a tendency to think that we bring about positive change in our lives through our own actions. We need to realize that we can do nothing without God. Rather, give Him the full credit and glory, keeping nothing back for ourselves. Our God is incredibly powerful; we have no excuse for putting earthly things ahead of Him on our list of priorities. When we yield to Him, we can experience the blessings of change that He has planned for us. And what welcomed changes those will be!

The Children of Israel were on the verge of the biggest change they could imagine. After years of wandering in the dessert, they had finally arrived at the Promised Land. The army was ready to go in and conquer the Canaanites; they needed to change their focus to rely fully on God and subject themselves to His will. Insisting on their own way of doing things was keeping them from enjoying the victory against Canaan that God had planned for them.

Insight: Do you trust God with life changes? Do you cling to the past? What changes has God made in your life when you've trusted Him?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Sep 2010, 12:59 pm

Date: September 15, 2010 11:56 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Grand Changes
Grand Changes

"You drench its furrows and level its ridges; you soften it with showers and bless its crops. The grasslands of the desert overflow; the hills are clothed with gladness" (Psalm 65:10, 12).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 65
I remember the first time I saw the Grand Canyon. I marveled at it, awestruck by the many colors that the sun illuminated on the canyon walls. I was only 6 years old at the time, and the sheer magnitude of what I was viewing absolutely amazed me. What really impressed me was that the Grand Canyon is the result of many years of erosion by wind and water. Together those forces have created a breathtaking national park in the middle of Arizona's desert.
The Holy Spirit is a force even stronger than those of nature. Like a mighty river, the Holy Spirit churns in our hearts, eroding away all that should not be there. The result is a beautiful heart, one that pleases our Lord and Savior. Just as the waters of the Colorado River are relentless in turning the rocks of the riverbed, making them smooth, so too the Holy Spirit as it works on our hearts, smoothing over the rough spots and cutting a wide swath that evidences His glory. And there the Son illuminates the beauty of what has taken place.
Insight: God makes even the roughest patches smooth and beautiful. How has He demonstrated this in your life? Does your heart need to be smoothed over?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 40 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 33 ... 40  Next