World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 8:26 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 8:24 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 7:47 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 7:40 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:52 pm by Admin

»  So You Think You Can Lose It?
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm by Admin

» Joe Biden Smoking Gun
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 5:44 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:20 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:18 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:15 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 3:48 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin on Fri 11 Sep 2020, 9:38 pm

Date: September 11, 2020 at 2:12 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Unfailing Love

Unfailing Love

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad in our days. Psalm 90:14

Scripture Focus: Psalm 90:14-17

Is God really enough? Almost fifty years ago, I attended a retreat whose speaker shared a personal example in answer to this. Hers is a story I’ve shared with others repeatedly and whose truth I embrace.

The Speaker and his wife, partners in ministry, had planned an event that required much work and preparation. On the day of the big event, she said that she’d be unable to participate, leaving him to carry the load alone. After completing the necessary tasks, he was dismayed when his wife said that she was choosing not to be present. He felt betrayed and forsaken. He cried out to the Lord about his hurt and disappointment. And then he came to his senses, declaring by faith that God is enough. After all, wasn’t the event for His glory? He was able to move through the important occasion with joy.

When human relationships disappoint—which they undoubtedly will do—we can press into our heavenly Father. We can rest in His sufficiency, knowing He will satisfy us in the morning with His ever-faithful and unfailing love..

Insight: “In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” (John 16:33)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Or contact us by replying to this email.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 02 Sep 2020, 7:29 pm

Date: September 2, 2020 at 2:47 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful in Life and Death

Faithful in Life and Death

“The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.”

Scripture Focus: Psalm 23

This familiar psalm of David proclaims God’s faithfulness in all circumstances. Have you ever been so weary that you could hardly put one foot in front of the other? Ever pushed so hard that you nearly collapsed? Restoration of your soul would need to come somehow. Perhaps actually being in the green of nature or beside the quietness of a lake or stream helped revive you.

But we won’t always be able to find that sort of solitude. Often the work deadlines, the doctor appointments, the home repairs, the pile of bills, and the challenges of parenting will not let up. There’s no getaway in sight. There will be only one place to run to, one place to be not in want, to be restored, guided, and comforted: in the presence of your faithful Lord and Shepherd, Jesus Christ.

We will all walk through the valley of the shadow of death, but even there we can expect His presence. The light of eternity will shine into that dark tunnel as we move forward to the dwelling place of the Lord. And one day, we will be with Him forever.

Insight: Jesus said, “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest” (Matthew 11:28).

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 01 Sep 2020, 11:30 pm

Date: September 1, 2020 at 2:34 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful Hearer

Faithful Hearer

“The angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there.”

Scripture Focus: Genesis 21:17

Suffering comes unbidden in some way at some point to all of us. Though the sorrows from war, famine, or natural disasters may not directly touch us, there are plenty of times that the choices of others around us do deeply affect our everyday lives.

Hagar’s life is a prime example of that. As a slave she was forced to bear a child without the covering of marriage. Later she was abandoned with her son and given only minimal provisions. When those were gone, she desperately called out to God. He heard her cry.

This biblical account from thousands of years ago strikes a chord with many people today who have been abandoned in some way - perhaps by a spouse or by a parent or by a friend. I have seen others find the comfort that Jesus promises His followers. I’ve watched Him provide financially. I’ve witnessed faith tested and made stronger. God is touched by your burdens. If you are bearing the sorrow of feeling abandoned, cry out to Jesus, the ever-faithful One who hears your cry and answers with His faithful provision.

Insight: “Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.” (Hebrews 4:16)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 31 Aug 2020, 11:09 pm

Date: August 31, 2020 at 12:37 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful to Restore

Faithful to Restore

“But the father said to his servants, Quick! Bring the best robe and put it on him. Put a ring on his finger and sandals on his feet…. Let’s have a feast and celebrate.”

Scripture Focus: Luke 15:22-23

Have you thought it curious that there is no mention in the story of The Prodigal Son of a bath or of questions about the extent of the son’s brokenness, wounds or hunger? 

Instead, a robe is given to cover filth and stench, restoring dignity that surely had been surrendered in his time in the far country. A ring is placed on his finger, reflecting his worth. Sandals put on bare, damaged feet enabled the son to stand firmly again. 

The feast provided nourishment after living in a land of famine. Restoration had begun, and how wonderful it must have been to be washed over in the father’s welcoming love! Notice the parallels to our heavenly Father’s treatment of us.

Following rebellion in my youth, I was welcomed back by loving parents. I learned to walk in Christ’s righteousness as they covered me in a “robe” of forgiveness. I have witnessed many examples of the restorative power of Christ’s forgiveness. It’s a privilege to come alongside of others in this walk of faith, offering to them what we ourselves have received.

Insight: “Brothers, if someone is caught in a sin, you who are spiritual should restore him gently.” (Galatians 6:1

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 28 Aug 2020, 4:06 pm

Date: August 28, 2020 at 2:26 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  The Faithful Father

The Faithful Father

“But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him.”

Scripture Focus: Luke 15:11-32

Of all the stories Jesus told, the parable called “The Lost Son” is my favorite. Two sons appear in the story from which many life applications have been drawn. Who of us can’t identify with the hard-working and reliable elder brother? We understand his bitterness and resentment, though they left him outside of the party.

The greedy, self-seeking younger son was in no way presented as a role model, but some of us can identify with him anyway. The story reached a climactic point as he came to his senses, repented, and returned to his father with no expectations or anticipation of privilege.

Actually, the main character in the story is the father. He demonstrates forgiveness, compassion, and extravagant love for both sons. Jesus was revealing the heart of our Heavenly Father, the compassionate One who forsook all and came to earth to pursue us. While the running father in the parable left behind all propriety, reputation, and status to go after his son, our faithful Father left the splendor of heaven to rescue us.

Insight: “How deep the Father’s love for us; How vast beyond all measure; That He should give His only Son; To make a wretch His treasure.” (Stuart Townend, 1995)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 27 Aug 2020, 9:33 pm

Faithful to Forgive
“Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.”

Scripture Focus: Psalm 51:1

While many people listed in Old and New Testament genealogies are not well known, others are quite familiar and memorable. One such person is David, listed in the book of Matthew in the genealogy of Jesus Christ. The stories about David are numerous: the boy who killed the giant, the shepherd boy, the friend, the warrior, and the king. Bethlehem is known as the city of David.

But David did not live a spotless life. He did, in fact, commit adultery and murder, among other sins. Yet he is referred to in the Bible as a man after God’s own heart (see 1 Samuel 13:14). When confronted by the prophet Nathan, he acknowledged his sinfulness. His Psalm 51 prayer reflects the heart of humility that led to repentance and restoration.

How beautiful the spirit of humility is. It softens hearts, heals broken relationships, restores respect, and renews intimacy with our Lord. Jesus taught His disciples to pray, “Forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors.” Pride dissipates when there is humility of heart.
Insight: “If my people… will humble themselves and pray… and turn from their wicked ways, then will I… forgive their sin.” (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 26 Aug 2020, 10:43 pm

Date: August 26, 2020 at 12:48 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful Provider

Faithful Provider

“Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear.”

Scripture Focus: Luke 12:22

Jesus’ words call us to recognize that life is about more than the basic necessities. His beautiful word pictures in the text about the birds of the air making no provision for their needs but being fed by God, and the lilies and grasses growing without self-effort are reminders of His care.

Presently, daily provision is not a consuming worry in my life. However, there was a time when it was. We had left the military world to enter ministry when we had two small children, no savings, and other demands. If a broken furnace or unexpected car repair popped up, It could plunge us into anxiety.

But I found what I needed in Paul’s words to the Philippians: “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus” (4:6-7). Living in that truth has resulted in seeing God’s faithfulness in tangible, practical ways.

Insight: “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” (Matthew 7:7)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 25 Aug 2020, 5:21 pm

Date: August 25, 2020 at 12:55 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Seasons of Faithfulness

Seasons of Faithfulness

“He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.”

Scripture Focus: Ecclesiastes 3:1-14

There is something wondrous about the changing seasons of nature. Who has not longed for spring after a long, bleak winter? Not even a week into January, many of us are longing for the next season. Of course, months from now after a hot and busy summer, we’ll welcome fall. After the glowing colors of the fall season, I even enjoy the beauty seen in the starkness of bare trees. They remind me of old age when much that clothed the person has been stripped away, portraying true character.

I recall an experience shared with my godly church friend when she was in that season of life. While visiting a woman dying an untimely death from cancer, she looked at my friend and proclaimed, “Isn’t she beautiful? She looks like an angel.” There was a radiance about my friend who had come to faith in Jesus as an adult and lived from then on in loving obedience. His beauty was upon her.

Joys and sorrows experienced on my own journey have always been covered by God’s faithfulness. He provides and protects us through all seasons of life.

Insight: “His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.” (Psalm 91)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 20 Aug 2020, 7:58 pm

Compassions Never Fail

“Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”

Scripture Focus: Lamentations 3:22-23

As a new year unfolds I find myself dealing with regrets of my own over sins and rebellion from the past year. How many times have I wounded others with words or actions? How often have I judged others? What about impure motives or other secret sins? I can become consumed over my failures to live out God’s love and truth.

But hope is found in the recognition of His love and compassion. The book of Lamentations is really an expression of grief over the consequences of the sin and rebellion of the nation of Israel. Despite it all, there are the mercies of God, new each day.

As I come to the Lord morning by morning, I find those mercies are available to me. They are there for you, too! Remember that Peter blatantly betrayed and denied Jesus, yet was fully forgiven. After the resurrection he was assured of Jesus’ love and acceptance. There is no greater gift than the gift of forgiveness. Thanks be to Jesus who loved us and gave Himself for us so that we can be forgiven and walk into this new year in fellowship with Him.

Insight: “If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O LORD, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.” (Psalm 130:3-4)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 19 Aug 2020, 9:55 pm

Date: August 19, 2020 at 1:17 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  God’s Faithfulness

God’s Faithfulness

“I will sing of the LORD’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself.” 

Scripture Focus: Psalm 89:1-2

The words from that wonderful hymn given to us by Thomas O. Chisholm, “Great Is Thy Faithfulness,” declare that God is never-changing. As He has been He will forever be. Faithfulness must be tested and proven over a period of time. In Scripture we have that record of God’s faithfulness upon which we can build our lives.

Going through the Advent season in our western culture can be a challenge to our faith. Often in the flurry of activities and events, the wonder of Jesus becoming flesh and dwelling among us gets lost. Many of us face January recovering from the hurts and disappointments experienced in what was promised to be “the most wonderful time of the year.”

Keep Christ at the center of your life this year. Remember how much more faithful He is than anything our holiday festivities can offer. Consider making 2020 a year of praying and singing “Great is Thy Faithfulness” as you start each new day. “All I have needed Thy hand has provided/Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord, unto me!” Why would we ever look to another source?

Insight: On this first day of the New Year, let’s remember God’s faithfulness and move forward to faithfully present Jesus to our world.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 18 Aug 2020, 9:39 pm

Date: August 18, 2020 at 2:22 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful in Life and Death

Faithful in Life and Death

"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want."  

Scripture Focus: Psalm 23:1

This familiar psalm of David proclaims God's faithfulness in all circumstances. Have you ever been so weary that you could hardly put one foot in front of the other? Ever pushed so hard that you nearly collapsed? Restoration of your soul would need to come somehow. Perhaps actually being in the green of nature or beside the quietness of a lake or stream helped revive you. But we won't always be able to find that sort of solitude. 

Often the work deadlines, the doctor appointments, the home repairs, the pile of bills, and the challenges of parenting will not let up. There's no getaway in sight. There will be only one place to run to, one place to be not in want, to be restored, guided, and comforted: in the presence of your faithful Lord and Shepherd, Jesus Christ. We will all walk through the valley of the shadow of death, but even there we can expect His presence. The light of eternity will shine into that dark tunnel as we move forward to the dwelling place of the Lord. 

And one day, we will be with Him forever.

Insight: Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 17 Aug 2020, 9:36 pm

Date: August 17, 2020 at 12:43 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful Hearer

Faithful Hearer

"The angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there."   

Scripture Focus: Genesis 21:17

Suffering comes unbidden in some way at some point to all of us. Though the sorrows from war, famine, or natural disasters may not directly touch us, there are plenty of times that the choices of others around us do deeply affect our everyday lives. Hagar's life is a prime example of that. As a slave she was forced to bear a child without the covering of marriage. Later she was abandoned with her son and given only minimal provisions. When those were gone, she desperately called out to God. He heard her cry. 

This biblical account from thousands of years ago strikes a chord with many people today who have been abandoned in some way-perhaps by a spouse or by a parent or by a friend. I have seen others find the comfort that Jesus promises His followers. I've watched Him provide financially. I've witnessed faith tested and made stronger. God is touched by your burdens. If you are bearing the sorrow of feeling abandoned, cry out to Jesus, the ever-faithful One who hears your cry and answers with His faithful provision.

Insight: "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 13 Aug 2020, 1:09 pm

Date: August 13, 2020 at 12:05 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful to Forgive

Faithful to Forgive

"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin."   

Scripture Focus: Psalm 51:1

While many people listed in Old and New Testament genealogies are not well known, others are quite familiar and memorable. One such person is David, listed in the book of Matthew in the genealogy of Jesus Christ. The stories about David are numerous: the boy who killed the giant, the shepherd boy, the friend, the warrior, and the king. Bethlehem is known as the city of David. But David did not live a spotless life. He did, in fact, commit adultery and murder, among other sins. Yet he is referred to in the Bible as a man after God's own heart (1 Samuel 13:14). 

When confronted by the prophet Nathan, he acknowledged his sinfulness. His Psalm 51 prayer reflects the heart of humility that led to repentance and restoration. How beautiful the spirit of humility is. It softens hearts, heals broken relationships, restores respect, and renews intimacy with our Lord. Jesus taught His disciples to pray, "Forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors." Pride dissipates when there is humility of heart

Insight: "If my people, will humble themselves and pray, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I, forgive their sin." (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 11 Aug 2020, 9:12 pm

Date: August 11, 2020 at 1:20 AM CDT

Topic: +DV+  Faithful Provider

Faithful Provider

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear."   

Scripture Focus: Luke 12:22

Jesus' words call us to recognize that life is about more than the basic necessities. His beautiful word pictures in the text about the birds of the air making no provision for their needs but being fed by God, and the lilies and grasses growing without self-effort are reminders of His care. Presently, daily provision is not a consuming worry in my life. However, there was a time when it was. I had left the military world to enter ministry, we had two small children and other financial demands. 

When a broken furnace or unexpected car repair popped up, I could plunge into anxiety. But I found what I needed in Paul's words to the Philippians: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (4:6-7). Living in that truth has resulted in seeing God's faithfulness in tangible, practical ways.

Insight: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)

Or contact us at the reply email address

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 10 Aug 2020, 6:18 pm

My ISP’s email server has been down, Sorry for being late on this devotional.
Date: August 10, 2020 at 12:24 PM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Faithfulness Fruit

Faithfulness Fruit

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."   

Scripture Focus: Galatians 5:22-23

Our heavenly Father has demonstrated faithfulness to us and then called us to live in faithfulness. This is not about compulsion of the law. When we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, the result is fruit, evidence of His presence and work in us. Paul wanted the believers at Galatia to understand and experience the freedom Christ purchased for them. He warned them that the goal of Christ-likeness was not obtained by human effort, but by the glorious mystery of the indwelling Christ. 

Even after many years on my journey of faith, I still need this message. I'm one of those people who find acceptance and affirmation by helping, working, and serving. But I have to be watchful when pride and self-righteousness slip into my heart. I need to listen to the Spirit whispering, "What do you have that you have not received?" The fruit that I bear is a testimony to God's faithfulness to me, not a testimony to my usefulness to others. My righteousness is as filthy rags, but I have been born anew and am a new creation in Jesus.

Insight: "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare [his] praises..." (1 Peter 2:9)

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 07 Aug 2020, 9:30 pm

Date: August 7, 2020 at 2:41 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Compassions Never Fail

Compassions Never Fail

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  

Scripture Focus: Lamentations 3:22-23

As the new year unfolded I find myself dealing with regrets of my own over sins and rebellion from the past year. How many times have I wounded others with words or actions? How often have I judged others? What about impure motives or other secret sins? I can become consumed over my failures to live out God's love and truth. But hope is found in the recognition of His love and compassion. 

The book of Lamentations is really an expression of grief over the consequences of the sin and rebellion of the nation of Israel. Despite it all, there are the mercies of God, new each day. As I come to the Lord morning by morning, I find those mercies are available to me. They are there for you, too! Remember that Peter blatantly betrayed and denied Jesus, yet was fully forgiven. After the resurrection he was assured of Jesus' love and acceptance. There is no greater gift than the gift of forgiveness. 

Thanks be to Jesus who loved us and gave Himself for us so that we can be forgiven and walk into this new year in fellowship with Him.

Insight: "If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O LORD, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared." (Psalm 130:3-4)

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 05 Aug 2020, 10:11 pm

Date: August 5, 2020 at 1:51 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  God's Faithfulness

God's Faithfulness
"I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself."   

Scripture Focus: Psalm 89:1-2

The words from that wonderful hymn given to us by Thomas O. Chisholm, "Great Is Thy Faithfulness," declare that God is never-changing. As He has been He will forever be. Faithfulness must be tested and proven over a period of time. In Scripture we have that record of God's faithfulness upon which we can build our lives. Going through the Advent season in our western culture can be a challenge to our faith. 

Often in the flurry of activities and events, the wonder of Jesus becoming flesh and dwelling among us gets lost. Many of us face January recovering from the hurts and disappointments experienced in what was promised to be "the most wonderful time of the year." Keep Christ at the center of your life this year. Remember how much more faithful He is than anything our holiday festivities can offer. Consider making 2019 a year of praying and singing "Great is Thy Faithfulness" as you start each new day. "All I have needed Thy hand has provided/Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord, unto me!" Why would we ever look to another source?

Insight: On this first day of the New Year, let's remember God's faithfulness and move forward to faithfully present Jesus to our world.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 04 Aug 2020, 6:42 pm

Date: August 4, 2020 at 1:08 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  The Gift of Tomorrow

The Gift of Tomorrow

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."  

Scripture Focus: James 4:14
A few times in my life I have had the opportunity to awaken to freshly fallen snow. The little boy in me still enjoys making that first set of footprints in the perfect, white wonderland. It's like a blank canvas I claim to create on however I choose. The New Year is a bit like that. The freshness God gives us as each year rolls around is exciting. What do we want to do differently, better, more of? 

It's as if all the regrets, failures, and griefs of 2019 will be covered in a blanket of pure white so we can start over come tomorrow morning. People around the world will be ringing in the New Year with parties, champagne, and kisses at midnight. Let's bring it in with the acknowledgement that this year belongs to God. Daily let’s equip ourselves to be who He has called us to be. Our time on this earth may vanish in 2020, so let's run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:1-2). Swing open wide the front door and run out into the freshly fallen snow to tread where God takes you.

Insight: Lord, the year ahead is a gift from You. Nothing that happens in it will surprise You. Prepare us to honor You to the fullest! Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 03 Aug 2020, 2:08 pm

Date: August 3, 2020 at 12:00 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Gift of Reflection

Gift of Reflection

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on."   

Scripture Focus: Philippians 3:13

Something feels significant about ending a year and embarking on a new one. It has that feeling of crossing a finish line, of completing a degree, of reaching the top. Yet at the same time we know clearly there are more races to run and more mountains to climb. Reflect back on what this past year has held. Have you been changed and shaped in some way by all that has transpired? Did you tackle the impossible? Did you make a difference at all? Did you give up too soon? When we start to inventory the year, it becomes evident for many of us that we didn't change the world. 

Things may have remained pretty much status quo. There is much we can learn by reflecting on our shortcomings. Our mistakes teach us a lot. God is refining us. What looks like the crumbs or broken remains of our failures is the very stuff God uses. From the beginning of time, He has been making something out of nothing. He will surely do the same with the year that is behind you. Now watch and see what He has in store for the year ahead!

Insight: Father, thank You for another year of serving You. Continue to sharpen me for Your kingdom and Your purpose. Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 30 Jul 2020, 1:03 pm

Date: July 30, 2020 at 2:01 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  The Gift of Plugging In

The Gift of Plugging In

"And I pray that you, may have power, to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."  

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 3:17b-19
Power runs mightily through an extension cord, if it is plugged in. It's of very little use, though, without the power source. When you plug the cord into a power source on one side, power comes out the other side. You might think of our life in Christ in these terms. You and I were created to be plugged into God, our power source. Only when we're plugged into Him do we release purpose and His power into those around us. 

Each day we plug into Him and then pour His power, love, grace, forgiveness, freedom, and encouragement into others. If we don't utilize the source of power God has freely given us, we are wasting His birth, His life, His death, and His resurrection. How can you plug into God more today? Take time to pray, to read His Word, to extend yourself to those around you, and to feel the powerful presence of Jesus coursing through you. That power will make known to you how "wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ" (vs. 18). With that power surging through, you'll light up each day for Jesus.

Insight: Jesus, You are my source of power and of all things good. Let your love flow through me and into the lives of others today. Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 29 Jul 2020, 8:53 pm

Date: July 29, 2020 at 1:54 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Gift of Encouragement

Gift of Encouragement

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."  

Scripture Focus: 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Every day we are given the choice to build people up or tear them down through our words. If, as the dictionary says, encouragement is something "that makes someone more determined, hopeful or confident," why wouldn't I want to do that? Wouldn't I want my loved ones to be more determined, more confident, and more hopeful? We are going to pour something into our families and others each day. The question is, "What will it be?" Will you give words of life and encouragement, and expressions of kindness? Or will you tear down and discourage? 

Unfortunately, both come freely from the same tongue (see James 3:10). We all have influence that may be positive or negative. God calls us to build others up, not tear them down. Paul asked the Philippian people the same question I ask you today: have you experienced any encouragement from being united with Christ? Of course you have! Open up the Bible and read not only encouraging particular passages, but the whole expanse of the Word with the encouraging theme of His love for you and His plan to redeem you.

Insight: Lord, help us be givers of life and safe harbors of peace. Guard and guide our words so that we can encourage others to seek after You. Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 28 Jul 2020, 4:40 pm

Date: July 28, 2020 at 1:45 AM CDT
Topic: +DEV+  Giving Myself

Giving Myself

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."   

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 19:21

It's not easy to do so in a world that constantly competes for my attention, but I want to give God all of me. While I may be pulled in many directions, I come back to the needs of my family and friends. No one can parent my child like I can. No one can love my spouse as well as I do. No one can have exactly the impact for God's kingdom that I have. Did you ever think of that? Giving yourself to God is reflected in how you give yourself to others. 

When we're distracted, frustrated, or angry, it seems we have very little to give to those around us. Our tank is empty. It is precisely then that the second phrase of Proverbs 19:21 brings great comfort. Our plans may be undermined by weakness and sin, but the Lord's purpose prevails. Even when the plans in our hearts falter, God's do not. We have the most wonderful display of His prevailing purposes in the Christmas story. He gave His only Son-His very all-so that we'd forever know His gift beyond measure. 

The Gift came wrapped in swaddling cloths; the Gift came for us.

Insight: God help me to be who You've called me to be. May no opportunity slip through the crevices of this day because I am Yours. Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 27 Jul 2020, 8:42 pm

Date: July 27, 2020 at 12:41 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Leadership Gift
Leadership Gift

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."  
Scripture Focus: Mark 10:45

We are all leaders, in one way or another. Good leaders are well-equipped. What army would want to follow a captain who didn't have his act together? Perhaps God has placed you as a leader over someone. If you are a parent, your followers are your children. If you are a teacher, your followers are your students. If you are an employer, your followers are your workers. As a Christian, your followers could be anyone seeing how you live out your faith. 
Whatever kind of leadership situation you are in, the thing that will speak louder than any number of "habits of highly effective leaders" is something the world wouldn't expect. It's servanthood. When the King of all creation came down to this earth at what we call the first Christmas, He came taking on the form of a servant. My kids watch what I do as a leader in our home-the good things and the bad! But they also watch how I serve them and their father, leading by serving. 

What a gift we have been given, that our Leader came to serve us and to give His life for us.

Insight: Lord, as You give us the gift of leadership, help those following us see You first and foremost. Help us to lead by serving. Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 07 Jul 2020, 4:00 pm

Date: July 7, 2020 at 1:59 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Prerequisite: Suffering

Prerequisite: Suffering

"Praise be to, God, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received."   

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

A widow can understand the challenges of another woman whose husband has recently passed away. Someone who has lost a loved one to a long battle with cancer knows the difficulties of another family facing that terrible disease. Since my stroke, I have seen my wife, who herself has suffered, encourage spouses and caregivers of traumatic brain injury survivors-once after seeing a stroke survivor attempting to walk along the edge of a busy road. 

Throughout our journey of loss, my children also have been a blessing to others experiencing suffering of many kinds. It turns out that often the agonies we have faced are the prerequisites to our helping someone else in their suffering. Have you felt that nothing good could come from your suffering? Have you felt alone in your pit of despair? Paul directs us to the truth that as God helps us through our darkest times, He is uniquely equipping us to help fellow sufferers. 

God is teaching you. Your suffering is the prerequisite you need so that you can minister to others.

Insight: You can trust Him as your education in the school of suffering drags on because Jesus has passed the final test for you!

Michael D. Inman

PASTOR KAREN LESTER
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 06 Jul 2020, 11:55 pm

Date: July 6, 2020 at 2:38 AM CDT
Topic: +DEV+  Growing Through Suffering

Growing Through Suffering

"The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40  

Scripture Focus: Colossians 1:24-29 

My take on Matthew 25:40 turned upside down when I broke my back. Before that day in 1980, I saw the "least of these" as people I could assist in some meaningful way. But my own accident thrust me onto the receiving side of that equation. Daily I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the many people who have eased the unexpected burdens on me and my own family. Much has been done for the King as friends, family, and acquaintances have helped us. 

Paul indicates in Colossians 1:24 that our suffering may be what God is using to build up the church. The body of believers grows as we come alongside those afflicted with illnesses, loneliness, joblessness, loss of a child, financial ruin, addictions, rejection, broken marriages... the list goes on. By helping other believers, God's glory is displayed. When one of us suffers, we all suffer. 

So when we're the ones in the eye of the storm, we can know that our problems are not just about us; they are opportunities to grow and strengthen other believers (the church) for the glory of God.

Insight: “Considered this, that through your suffering God is strengthening someone else in the church?"

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 9 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: