World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyToday at 12:50 am by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyToday at 12:31 am by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyToday at 12:17 am by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyToday at 12:14 am by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyToday at 12:11 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyToday at 12:02 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» israelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 11:35 pm by Admin

» Sign Petition Against Antisemitism
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 11:26 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 11:20 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 11:17 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 5:45 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:55 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:37 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:30 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 EmptyWed 08 May 2024, 10:12 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman - Page 36 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman

Post  Admin Tue 15 Sep 2009, 6:27 pm

+DEV+ G - Gifts for Service‏
From: thelighthouseapostolicgr@groups.live.com on behalf of Michael & Anita Inman (restoration@embarqmail.com)
Sent: 15 September 2009 01:44:32
To:

Date: September 14, 2009 8:43 PM
Topic: +DEV+ G - Gifts for Service

G - Gifts for Service

"We are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." (Ephesians 2:10)
Scripture Focus: Romans 12:1-8

Other than her bandage scissors and money for supper, everything Karen needs to do her job-from pills to pillows- is provided for her. Supplying everything to make the Coronary Care Unit function is the responsibility of her employer.

When God calls us to do His work in the world, He assumes the responsibility to provide everything we need to successfully-even triumphantly-carry out our tasks. Many of His scriptural mandates seem humanly impossible. But God equips us with divinely bestowed abilities, enabling us to do the work He has given us. How do we receive God's enabling gifts? First, by receiving the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ by faith. Second, by obeying God's commands and appropriating His resources by faith.

Wholesale butcher Henry Varley said to evangelist D. L. Moody, "The world has yet to see what God will do with a man who is fully consecrated to Him." Mr. Moody responded, "By the grace of God, I will be that man."

Insight: That challenge is still open to takers in our day. Let's be diligent in discovering and exercising our spiritual abilities in the Lord's service.

--
Michael D. Inman
- The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do Nothing -- Edmund Burke...
... OK boys, they have us surrounded. Don't let any of them get away!!!
... I bitterly cling to my Bible & Guns! -
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Sep 2009, 8:07 am

Date: September 13, 2009 11:30 PM
Topic: +DEV+ F - Forgiveness of Sins

F - Forgiveness of Sins

"Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins ...who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion." (Psalm 103:2-3)
Scripture Focus: Jonah 1-3

There's nothing worse, it seems, than to be at odds with the person you love most. Seven of the hardest words to utter are, "I'm sorry. Will you please forgive me?" Often what we really mean is, "Please forget I ever did it. Don't ever mention it again. Treat me as if I had never wronged you."

When God forgives us, He removes our transgressions as far from us as the East is from the West. The God who can do anything chooses to forget our confessed sins. More amazing, He actually treats us as though we had never wronged Him.

That God holds no grudges is evidenced in the prophet Jonah. His flight away from God was beset by obstacles designed by God to encourage his obedience. It seemed Jonah would rather be dead than do what God asked of him. Three days and nights in a great fish helped Jonah ask God's forgiveness and agree to obey Him.

Soon after Jonah's turn-around, God used him for the conversion of the large, proud, pagan metropolis of Ninevah.

Insight: Your past need never hold you back if you truly accept God's full forgiveness.

--

Michael D. Inman
- The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do Nothing -- Edmund Burke...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Sep 2009, 7:59 am

Date: August 30, 2009 9:42 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Preparing for Urgent Times

Preparing for Urgent Times

"The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is nearly over; the day is almost here . . ." (Romans 13:11-12).
Scripture Focus: Romans 13:11-14

My heart skips a beat when I read what the apostle Paul wrote in Romans 13, giving a fresh call for action to believers in Rome!

The words are as personal and relevant for us today as they were for the early church. Paul warns believers not to get sidetracked into non-essentials and lose sight of the focus we need to make a difference in this world. We live in a time when the possibility of annihilation is a real fear for some. That may cause a loss of peace for most people, but as believers we carry within us the answer to such fears-faith in Jesus Christ. Our hope of living eternally with Christ gives us the incentive to serve Him faithfully on earth.

Paul says, "The hour has come!" It's time for action. We need to look for opportunities to make a difference-opening our homes, offering meals, listening to brokenhearted stories. Jesus said, "Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you." (John 14:27) Let's share that truth with those who need it.

Insight: Trouble is the common denominator for mankind, but in place of fear Christ offers hope and peace.
----------
Date: September 8, 2009 10:58 PM
Topic: +DEV+ D - Deliverance from Darkness
D - Deliverance from Darkness

"He has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." (Colossians 1:13-14)
Scripture Focus: Colossians 1:9-14

Try to describe the color white without using the word black. Or "new" apart from "old." Some concepts are easier to describe by contrasts. God makes liberal use of contrasts to help us understand how vastly different is our new position in Christ.

Kingdom of darkness - Colossians 1:13

Kingdom of light - 1 Peter 2:9

Children of Satan - John 8:44

Children of God - Galatians 3:26

Dead in sin - Ephesians 2:1

Alive in Christ - Ephesians 2:1

Enemy of God - Romans 5:8

Friend of God - John 15:14

Old Nature - Ephesians 4:22

New Nature - Ephesians 4:23-24

Eternal death - Romans 6:23

Eternal life - Romans 6:23

The kingdoms of light and darkness are also mutually exclusive. Everyone is either in one or the other. Trusting Jesus Christ as our Savior transfers us from the first column above to the second.

Insight: How will you show by your speech and actions today that you have been delivered from the power of darkness and translated into the kingdom of God's Son of love?

---------
Date: September 9, 2009 9:49 PM
Topic: +DEV+ E - Earnest of Our Inheritance

E - Earnest of Our Inheritance

"You also were included in Christ. . . . Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance." (Ephesians 1:13-14)
Scripture Focus: Ephesians 1

It couldn't have been a more beautiful day to drive with Karen along Chicago's Lake Shore Drive to a northside hotel to attend her nursing school banquet. This would be our third attendance together at this annual function, the first time being a blind date! Making a shallow excuse of needing to get the florist's box from my car trunk, I pulled into a marina parking lot facing Lake Michigan. My heart seemed to be in my throat as I waited for Karen to notice something sparkling in the center of her orchid. I'll let you imagine the gasp of joy and surprise when she spotted her diamond.

That May afternoon I gave Karen an engagement ring as an earnest, down payment on my promise to later add a plain silver band before a minister and witnesses. Two years and five weeks later the matrimonial knot was tied.

Believers are betrothed to Christ as their heavenly Bridegroom. He has given us the Holy Spirit as a pledge of His intention to one day fully redeem us into His presence.

Insight: Christ's "earnest gift" is not a ring but a person-the Holy Spirit who lives within to remind us constantly of Christ's love.

-------------------
Date: September 10, 2009 10:15 PM
Topic: +DEV+ E - Everlasting Life

E - Everlasting Life

"God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." (John 3:16)
Scripture Focus: John 5:19-30

Evangelist Kelly Bihl asked all 2,000 of us in the auditorium to close our eyes and stand when we thought a minute had elapsed. The silence was deafening. Then hesitatingly teens began to stand. The trickle gave way to a flood. But the evangelist waited till the last straggler stood. The result? The majority had stood after 30 seconds.

Years later I can still feel the impact of Dr. Bihl's application. "If a minute seemed like a long time, imagine how long eternity will be! Eternity will be a never-ending stream of one minute after another minute after another minute. Your decision for or against Jesus Christ determines where you will spend your non-stop forever."

Jesus said that one day the mortal remains in every grave will be resurrected, some to a resurrection of life, others to a resurrection of condemnation. God in love has done His part in giving His Son as the sacrifice for the world's sins. Our part is to believe in Christ as our Savior, to trust His merits alone as our hope of heaven.

Insight: Salvation is a gift of love God freely offers us on the condition of our faith. What response should we make to such a gift?

To subscribe to this Devotional list send an email to daily_devotions@embarqmail.com with "subscribe-daily devotionals" in the subject line and I will be honored to add your email address to this list.
--

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Sep 2009, 4:58 pm

Date: September 7, 2009 8:23 PM
Topic: +DEV+ C - Complete in Christ

C - Complete in Christ

"We are complete in Him [Christ], who is the head of all principality and power." (Colossians 2:10, NASB)
Scripture Focus: Colossians 2:6-15

Blank checks from God-that's how I think of the all-inclusive words of Bible promises, such as all, everyone, whosoever, and you. Note a few examples of God's blank checks:
* "He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all-how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?" (Romans 8:32)
* "The God of all comfort, who comfort us in all our troubles" (2 Corinthians 1:3-4).
* "My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 4:19).

* "God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work" (2 Corinthians 9:8).

God has provided everything needed for His child's successful living. All you need do is fill in your name and the "amount" according to your faith. You don't need to fear His infinite resources will be inadequate.

Insight: When you read God's promises to "whomever," insert your name in the "blank." He has made available to you everything you need to live for Him.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Sep 2009, 4:29 pm

Date: September 6, 2009 10:30 PM
Topic: +DEV+ B - Birth from Above

B - Birth from Above

"Jesus declared, 'I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.'" (John 3:3)
Scripture Focus: John 3:1-16

From nothing to becoming a beautiful infant-in just nine months. We look through the nursery window at this perfectly-formed creature and marvel at one of life's greatest miracles. The Creator endowed His creation with the ability to reproduce after its kind. God also reproduces spiritually.

Much as we need physical birth to enter this world, so we need a spiritual birth to enter heaven. Jesus told Nicodemus, a high-ranking religious teacher in Israel, not to be amazed when He said, "You need to be born again." Jesus was comparing two different kinds of birth: physical birth, which comes naturally, and spiritual birth, which comes secondarily and only supernaturally.

Do you have confidence that you are alive spiritually? Much as we have been born through human parentage, with no effort on our part, we can have a second birth spiritually into the family of God through personal trust in Jesus Christ as our Savior. No one can ever see the kingdom of God without being born anew from above.

Insight: Praise God for offering you the gift of new birth and for paying the price to make this possible for you.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Sep 2009, 1:18 pm

Date: September 3, 2009 11:29 PM
Topic: +DEV+ A - Adoption by God

A - Adoption by God

"You did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear,
but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, 'Abba,
Father.'" (Romans 8:15)
Scripture Focus: Romans 8:15-17

All their time, energy, resources, and love-for the rest of their
lives. That's the price our friends Phillip and Becky are paying to
adopt two abused children with physical and psychological problems.
The unending love, dedication, and self-sacrifice of this young
couple is a marvel to us. For better or worse they are committed to
giving these boys every right and privilege as though they were their
children through natural birth.

Phillip and Becky didn't have to get involved, but their love led
them to the boys in their needs. Nor did God have to adopt us. His
love led Him to us in our need.

Through Christ we can call God our Father. We have His own word for
this: "To all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he
gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12).

He promises to provide for all our needs and gives us the privilege
to even address Him by an intimate family name, "Abba"-which could be
translated Dear Daddy.

Insight: How can you express your thanks to God for adopting you and
giving you all the rights and privileges of being His child?

Michael D. Inman
- The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do
Nothing -- Edmund Burke...
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Sep 2009, 12:11 pm

Date: September 2, 2009 11:40 PM
Topic: +DEV+ A - Acceptance in the Beloved

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ." (Ephesians 1:3)
Scripture Focus: Romans 8:31-39

For the typical teenage girl it is a fate which seems worse than death, being sent to school without the "right" clothes. If the jeans don't have the "right" label, forget trying to make her wear them.

She thinks that having the "in" clothes is her ticket to acceptance by her peers. But school status based on appearance is subject to designer or advertiser change. And since her peer leaders have decided to make her the current scapegoat, it seems the harder she tries to be accepted, the more she is rejected.

Everyone wants to be "in" someplace. We need some person or group to receive us favorably. We may be accepted by society for awhile, but God is willing to accept us forever. God's acceptance is based neither on appearance nor performance. We're accepted as we are because of who Christ is.

God's condition for acceptance is internal, our being in Christ. His blood, which covers us from all sin, becomes our "right" clothes. God bought the garments for us. Our part is to accept them as a gift.

Insight: When God decided to love you He already knew everything about you-past, present, and future. Nothing can separate you from His love.
--

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Sep 2009, 3:21 pm

Date: September 1, 2009 10:24 PM
Topic: +DEV+ An Alphabet of Redemption

"I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning
and the End." (Revelation 22:13).
Scripture Focus: John 14:1-6

Verbal and written communication among English-speaking people boils
down to 26 simple symbols-the alphabet. Some languages are
communicated with even fewer symbols, such as Hebrew with 22. It's
amazing we can do so much with so few language keys.

Attempting to be all-inclusive when we say, "everything from A to Z,"
we mentally include the 24 letters between the first and the last.

Jesus describes Himself as the Alpha and the Omega, the first and
last letters of the Greek alphabet. He is the beginning and the
ending and everything in between.

Our Savior made another all-inclusive claim when He said, "I am the
[only] way, the truth, and the life." He added, "No one comes to the
Father but through me" (John 14:6). In Christ, God provided us with a
perfect redemption from A to Z. This month we look at truths arranged
alphabetically, all accruing to our heavenly account when we trust
Christ as Savior.

Insight: Praise God for communicating to us through His words-the
written Word and the living Word (His Son). Are you ready to receive
all He has for you in Christ?

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Sep 2009, 10:36 am

Date: August 31, 2009 8:48 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Pit of Loneliness

The Pit of Loneliness

"A father to the fatherless, a defender of widows, is God in his holy
dwelling. God sets the lonely in families, he leads out the prisoners
with singing" (Psalm 68:5-6).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 68:1-6

I visited an elderly man in the hospital. He had pneumonia and was
struggling to survive. As I sat by his bed, he opened his lonely
heart to me, telling about family close by who didn't have time to
visit, children out of state who didn't call, and a brother in town
who hadn't come. He said, "Chaplain, thanks for caring and for being
here. Please come again."

"Loneliness" is one of the most desolate words in the English
language. It speaks of pain that can hardly be endured.

David, the psalmist, wrote that "God sets the lonely in families."
How sweet is the fellowship of God's presence and the fellowship with
other believers, His family! I think much loneliness would be cured
if people would forget about themselves and reach out instead to
those who are hurting-the single parent, the one who walks alone, the
person in the hospital bed. God knows and understands the anguish of
our hearts. He cares, and He wants us to care for others too.

Insight: While people need other people, friendship with the One who
has promised never to leave us is the true cure for loneliness.
--

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 31 Aug 2009, 12:45 pm

Date: August 30, 2009 9:42 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Preparing for Urgent Times

Preparing for Urgent Times

"The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our
salvation is nearer now than when we first believed. The night is
nearly over; the day is almost here . . ." (Romans 13:11-12).
Scripture Focus: Romans 13:11-14

My heart skips a beat when I read what the apostle Paul wrote in
Romans 13, giving a fresh call for action to believers in Rome!

The words are as personal and relevant for us today as they were for
the early church. Paul warns believers not to get sidetracked into
non-essentials and lose sight of the focus we need to make a
difference in this world. We live in a time when the possibility of
annihilation is a real fear for some. That may cause a loss of peace
for most people, but as believers we carry within us the answer to
such fears-faith in Jesus Christ. Our hope of living eternally with
Christ gives us the incentive to serve Him faithfully on earth.

Paul says, "The hour has come!" It's time for action. We need to look
for opportunities to make a difference-opening our homes, offering
meals, listening to brokenhearted stories. Jesus said, "Peace I leave
with you; my peace I give you." (John 14:27) Let's share that truth
with those who need it.

Insight: Trouble is the common denominator for mankind, but in place
of fear Christ offers hope and peace.

To subscribe to this list send an email to
daily_devotions@ embarqmail. com with "subscribe-daily devotionals" in
the subject line and I will be honored to add your email address to
this list.
--

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 28 Aug 2009, 5:18 pm

Date: August 27, 2009 9:34 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Spiritual Boot Camp

Spiritual Boot Camp

"Dear friends, although I was very eager to write to you about the
salvation we share, I felt I had to write and urge you to contend for
the faith that was once for all entrusted to the saints" (Jude 3).
Scripture Focus: Jude

Jude was the brother of James and half-brother of Jesus. In his short
letter of only 25 verses, he spoke directly to believers about the
apostasy and false teaching developing at that time.

Now, 2000 years later, we still have the same problems. The key for
Christians is to "contend for the faith" as Jude encouraged New
Testament believers to do. God directs our lives, but we still have
stresses and strains. To learn how to "contend for the faith" and
conquer our difficulties, we need to immerse ourselves in the truths
of God's Word.

The apostle Paul prayed that God would strengthen believers "with
power through His Spirit" in their inner being," and that they would
be "rooted and established in love" (Ephesians 3:16-17).

I've discovered that being a pastor requires a commitment to
continual preparedness. That's what Jude was warning Christians
about, then and now-don't get caught off guard! God calls us to
battle readiness that comes from the daily commitment to our
spiritual boot camp.

Insight: The church must be constantly vigilant in order to stay
strong in the faith and defend itself against false ideas about God
and His Word.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 Aug 2009, 11:02 pm

Date: August 23, 2009 9:10 PM
Topic: +DEV+ A Song in Old Age

A Song in Old Age

"My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you-I, whom you
have redeemed. My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day
long." (Psalm 71:23-24)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 71:17-24

An old gospel song says of serving Jesus, "The longer I serve Him,
the sweeter He grows." That's certainly true no matter what your age,
but the Bible emphasizes the joy of serving Him throughout a long
life. It refers to Christians like palm trees that "will still bear
fruit in old age" and "will stay fresh and green" (Psalm 92:12-14).

Some of the most dynamic Christians I know are senior citizens,
perhaps not able to go or do as much as younger believers, but
vibrant in their witness and faithful in giving to spread the Gospel
and in their Bible reading and prayer. They have lived long and
experienced much, storing up God's truths in their minds and hearts.
Those who have served the Lord over many years can speak from
experience about His faithfulness and care. They understand the fears
and failures of others because they've been there too.

A song of praise on the lips of a battle-scarred but victorious,
gray-headed believer is a gift of joy to all who hear it-especially
to God.

Insight: The song God gives each believer does not diminish with age,
but goes deeper into the soul. It gives God joy and blesses His
children.

Date: August 24, 2009 11:31 PM
Topic: +DEV+ God's Enabling Strength

God's Enabling Strength

"The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trust in him, I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song" (Psalm 28:7).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 28

Many Christians never fully experience the awesome power of God's strength. He calls them to do something great and they retreat in fear. "I can't possibly speak in front of a crowd, Lord. You know how tongue-tied I get." Or "Don't ask me to speak up for honesty in our meeting at work." The impossibility of the task causes them to shrink away from the very One who enables them to go beyond their own limitations and branch out into something far beyond their imagination.

When they finally learn to step out in faith and allow God to do great things through them, they are amazed at the results. On their own, they are weak and unsure, but in God's strength they are strong and confident.

Whenever David lacked confidence, he petitioned God with absolute surety of His help. Because of this, he continuously gave "thanks to Him in song." We too can go to God with confidence knowing that He hears and delivers. And we too can give thanks to Him in song for His enabling strength.

Insight: Because God gives us His strength to accomplish great things for Him, we can boldly go with utmost confidence where we have never gone before.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 23 Aug 2009, 9:04 pm

Date: August 20, 2009 10:14 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Good News

Good News

"The Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has
sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the
captives" (Isaiah 61:1-2).
Scripture Focus: Isaiah 61:1-7

Isaiah assured his people that a Savior would come someday and make
things right for those who had suffered greatly. Centuries after
Isaiah wrote God's words, Jesus quoted him as evidence that He had
come to fulfill that prophecy (Luke 4:16-22).

Today we can look back and see the fulfillment of his words in our
own lives. More relevant than ever, the Good News confronts us in our
brokenness as we are imprisoned by fear and frustration. A retired
officer shared his broken heart with me. He had been strong and tough
when he was suddenly crushed with a long illness. I told him about
the hope that comes from faith in Jesus.

Like that officer, sometimes we feel our suffering is going to go on
forever and we long for relief. When we turn to Jesus, He takes over
and releases us from our brokenness, disappointments and thwarted
desires as no one else can.

Isaiah shared the good news of Jesus' coming with his people who
longed to be delivered. God expects us to do the same for people
today.

Insight: What a privilege and solemn responsibility God gives us-to
tell needy people the Good News, that Jesus saves!
--

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 19 Aug 2009, 10:44 am

Date: August 16, 2009 8:23 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Nature's Song

Nature's Song

"You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and
hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field
will clap their hands." (Isaiah 55:12)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 148

Bible writers often used figurative language to express joy. However,
it's only in the movies that "the hills are alive with the sound of
music." Singing and clapping hands are ways humans praise God. Nature
praises Him in different ways.

Nature's song is more subtle: the chirping of a bird, the gurgle of a
mountain stream, the swish of wind blowing through the trees, the
chatter of a squirrel, the scream of an eagle, raindrops spattering
against a window, the bark of a dog. These expressions may not always
sound like music to us, but they are all praising God in their own
way. Their praise is not a conscious act, but whenever any part of
God's great Creation does what He created it to do, He is glorified!

So praise the Lord-angels, sun, moon, shining stars, sea creatures,
lightning, hail, mountains, hills, wild animals, and flying birds!
Let them praise Him with their own unique songs, and let us look
around and be aware that God's world of nature is praising Him along
with us.

Insight: We are not to worship nature, but let it direct our thoughts
to God, who made it to glorify Himself just as He made us.
--

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Aug 2009, 7:17 pm

Posting this so everyone else will know why we have not been receiving his Devotionals
hopefully we will receive soon once sorted out.
Elaine.

My devotionals haven't been getting through???
--

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 31 Jul 2009, 11:59 am

Date: July 29, 2009
Topic: +DEV+ A Song for All Nations
A Song for All Nations

"May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth. May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you." (Psalm 67:4-5)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 67

God chose the Jews to be His special people. He led them, protected them, blessed them, corrected them when they disobeyed, and performed amazing miracles on their behalf. They responded by praising Him and asking Him to let His blessings on them capture the attention of other nations-the Gentiles-and move them to praise Him also (Psalm 67).

We read of the Gentiles praising God because of what they saw Him doing for His people. Naaman was healed of leprosy after his wife's Israelite maid suggested he appeal to the Jewish prophet Elisha. King Nebuchadnezzar praised the one true God after Daniel interpreted his dream. Rahab protected Israelites spies in Jericho because she had heard what God did for His people.

God deserves the praise of all people everywhere on earth. As Christians, our lives are to be living illustrations of His love and grace. When people look at us, do they praise God? Do our lives "sing" enough to make unbelievers "glad and sing for joy"?

Insight: People are watching all the time, forming opinions about God by what they see in those of us who say we know and love Him.
--

Date: July 30, 2009
Topic: +DEV+ A Sad Song in Captivity
A Sad Song in Captivity

"Our captors asked us for songs, our tormentors demanded songs of joy; they said, 'Sing us one of the songs of Zion!' How can we sing the songs of the Lord while in a foreign land?" (Psalm 137:3-4)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 137

God's disobedient people had been taken captive to live in Babylon. Far from the land they loved, the Jews sat and wept. Their captors wanted to be entertained by lively Jewish music, but the captives just didn't have the heart for it.

The Jews were a musical people, singing, dancing, playing instruments at weddings, feasts, holy days, and every kind of celebration. But when their enemies carried them away as captives, they took away their music. How could they sing when they were feeling so lost and alone?

Being out of fellowship with God is like being held a captive in a strange land. When we're far from Him because of our sin, there's no urge to sing. But when we confess our sins, God forgives us and cleanses us from all that has hurt our relationship with Him (see 1 John 1:9). He restores us to fellowship, bringing us close to Him, back where we belong.

A sad song in the captivity of sin or a joyful song in fellowship with Him-it's up to each of us.

Insight: If we don't feel like singing His praise, maybe we're not close enough to the source of music.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
- Going to church doesn't make you a Christian...
...any more than standing in your garage makes you a car. -
The Only Thing Necessary For Evil to Triumph is for Good Men to do Nothing.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Jul 2009, 4:56 pm

Date: July 28, 2009 9:57 PM
Topic: +DEV+ A Song of Security

A Song of Security

"Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings. My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me." (Psalm 63:7-8)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 63:1-8

David was a man after God's own heart, but he still had problems. In Psalm 63 he cried out to God for help and protections from his enemies. David, a strong warrior, was hiding from his enemies, outnumbered and in trouble, but not in despair. I imagine him singing softly to the Lord, perhaps under his breath so as not to give his position away to the enemy. He was building up his sense of security, reminding himself that nothing is impossible with God. Like a small child quietly singing "Jesus Loves Me" in bed at night to chase away imagined monsters, David needed to be reminded of God's loving presence with him in a dark place.

David's song may have been a whisper and even a little shaky, but it was definitely heart-felt. When we need God most, He is always there. David believed that

His song of security was an expression of his belief in God and a reminder to himself that God was with him all the time, in every situation.

Insight: We can sing in tight places because we know God is with us and hears our song. That's security we can get nowhere else.
--
Date: July 29, 2009 9:34 PM
Topic: +DEV+ A Song for All Nations

A Song for All Nations

"May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth. May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you." (Psalm 67:4-5)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 67

God chose the Jews to be His special people. He led them, protected them, blessed them, corrected them when they disobeyed, and performed amazing miracles on their behalf. They responded by praising Him and asking Him to let His blessings on them capture the attention of other nations-the Gentiles-and move them to praise Him also (Psalm 67).

We read of the Gentiles praising God because of what they saw Him doing for His people. Naaman was healed of leprosy after his wife's Israelite maid suggested he appeal to the Jewish prophet Elisha. King Nebuchadnezzar praised the one true God after Daniel interpreted his dream. Rahab protected Israelites spies in Jericho because she had heard what God did for His people.

God deserves the praise of all people everywhere on earth. As Christians, our lives are to be living illustrations of His love and grace. When people look at us, do they praise God? Do our lives "sing" enough to make unbelievers "glad and sing for joy"?

Insight: People are watching all the time, forming opinions about God by what they see in those of us who say we know and love Him.
--

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Jul 2009, 12:01 pm

Date: July 27, 2009 10:49 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Theme of My Song

The Theme of My Song

"Your decrees are the theme of my song wherever I lodge. In the night I remember your name, O Lord, and I will keep your law. This has been my practice: I obey your precepts." (Psalm 119:54-56)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:171-175

Music seems to be everywhere we turn these days-car radios, elevators, restaurants, cell phones and computers. I've often seen people walking down the street, moving their lips and making facial contortions as if talking to themselves. Then I see the tiny ear device and realize they're singing along with music only they can hear.

The most popular theme of music is love. I suppose we tend to sing about the things that are most important to us. The longest chapter in the Bible is a song of praise for God's Word. The singer is overwhelmed and delighted by the promises and commands God has made available to him to read and study. God's Words are the singer's counselors, his truth, hope, comfort, guide, joy, and light. They are more precious than gold or silver. No wonder God's Word is his favorite topic to sing about.

What is most important to you? Are you thinking, even singing about God and His Word?

Insight: The more we study God's Word, the more reasons we find to sing. And the more we sing about Him, the more we want to study His Word.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Jul 2009, 4:38 pm

Date: July 27, 2009 12:17 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Night Songs

Night Songs

"My soul thirsts for God, for the living By day the Lord directs his love, at night his song is with me-a prayer to the God of my life." (Psalm 42:2, 8)
Scripture Focus: Psalm 77:1-12

It's frustrating to go to bed exhausted, then be unable to get to sleep. Worrying about what tomorrow holds, obsessing over the details or mistakes of the day that has past, fear of the future-any or all of these can keep our eyes wide open and our mind focused on everything but sleep. Various remedies may or may not help-reading, drinking a glass of warm milk, watching TV, lying on the sofa, counting sheep.

Insomnia isn't a new problem. Many psalms describe sleepless nights. Psalm 77 shows the would-be sleeper crying out to God for help, a much better solution than warm milk or counting sheep. "I will meditate on all your works," he said, "and consider all your mighty deeds" (vs. 12). He knew that God is the only One who can truly solve our problems and give us peace. Job referred to God as the One who "gives songs in the night" (Job 35:10). As we turn to Him on those dark and lonely nights, He makes our hearts sing with praise that calms our hearts and soothes our minds.

Insight: When you can't sleep, don't count sheep. Talk to the shepherd’ or better yet, sing to Him.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Jul 2009, 12:13 pm

Date: June 23, 2009 10:53 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Sharing Our Story

Sharing Our Story

"I will sing of the Lord's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever" (Psalm 89:1-2).
Scripture Focus: Psalm 145:1-13

I sat around a table of a missionary in Korea listening to a pastor from South Vietnam relate his story of faith, including God's blessing, protection, and anointing of his ministry in a time of war. I hoped his story would be passed on to the next generation. The Vietnam conflict ended, Christians suffered greatly, yet their faith in Christ remained strong.

It is our responsibility and privilege to make known the story of God's faithfulness. "But you, O Lord, sit enthroned forever, your renown endures through all generations. . . . Let this be written for a future generation, that a people not yet created may praise the Lord" (Psalm 102:12, 18).

"Great is the Lord and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. One generation will commend your works to another, they will tell of your mighty acts" (Psalm 145:3-4).

We must be committed to telling our stories of God's love and faithfulness, passing the torch to the next generation to carry it on.

Insight: "I love to tell the story; t'will be my theme in glory, to tell the old, old story of Jesus and His love."
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Jul 2009, 2:30 pm

Date: July 21, 2009 10:18 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Come Higher!

Come Higher!

"And the voice I had first heard speaking to me like a trumpet said, 'Come up here, and I will show you what must take place after this'" (Revelation 4:1).
Scripture Focus: Revelation 4:1-11

During the war in Southeast Asia, missionaries were evacuated back to the United States for safety reasons. My church's college class was taught by one of those outstanding men, strong in faith and committed to Christ.

Though far from his chosen mission field, he continued to serve the Lord where he was. For months we sat spellbound, soaking up God's truth as he taught from Revelation. The teaching came alive and created within each of us the hope of heaven. Our teacher emphasized that the world was not spinning out of control in Revelation. Rather, God was (and is) on His throne, orchestrating all the events recorded by John.

He taught us to live in obedience to Christ and get above the ruts of life.

Jesus' invitation was to "come up here." How can we do that? By growing continually in the grace and knowledge of Christ and living for Him in all we do and say. What I learned all those years ago is more applicable and valuable to me today than ever.

Insight: My growth as a Christian can be measured by how much insight I have for what pleases God and how I accomplish it.
--

Date: July 22, 2009 11:15 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Join the Team!

Join the Team!

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men." At once they left their nets and followed him (Mark 1:16-18).
Scripture Focus: Mark 1:16-28

I watched as the Salem Tigers baseball team practiced. One day the coach invited me to join the team. I was ready, off the bleachers and quickly onto the field! Years later, the senior pastor called me into his office and asked if my wife and I would like to be a part of the pastoral team. We were thrilled and eager, ready to go.

In Mark 1, Jesus began drawing His team together-ordinary men for an extraordinary mission. When He asked them to follow Him, He meant that He would disciple them and send them back into the world to be "fishers of men."

Jesus calls us to evangelism and discipleship. It's been the primary task and mission of the church, and that hasn't changed. Simon and Andrew left "at once," dropping their nets to follow Him. I had my glove and was ready to go when I got the chance to join a baseball team. And when Jesus called me to Himself, I was ready!

Nothing should keep us from responding "at once" when Jesus invites us to join His team!

Insight: The disciples were willing to give up their primary concerns for something much better. Release whatever holds you back and follow Him.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 21 Jul 2009, 1:22 pm

Date: July 19, 2009 10:07 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Through It All

Through It All

"You brought us into prison and laid burdens on our backs. You let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and water, but you brought us to a place of abundance" (Psalm 66:11-12).
scripture Focus: Psalm 66:1-12

I met an agent in a coffee shop and listened for over an hour to his story of heartache, evil, suffering, and destruction. He had been involved in an investigation of several terrorist acts and his spirit was deeply grieved. He'd had enough "fire and water." Where was God in all of this?

Trials refine our character, but they are tough to go through. Now and then we can skirt tough issues; more often we take a trip through them, but God is with us. The psalmist leads us into praise relating to God's glory, faithfulness and protection (Psalm 66). The apostle Paul told of his own experience in finding that God's grace is sufficient, more than adequate to deal with any kind of trouble (2 Corinthians 12:9). David said, "The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit." (Psalm 34:18)

The pain of grief, disappointment, loss, or failure wears us down. But God is there with us through it all. In that coffee shop, we prayed, assured that God was present.

Insight: Its God's promise of His presence, His strength in weakness, and His friendship when we're lonely that offers the daily hope we need.

Date: July 20, 2009 9:26 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Christ, the Son of God

Christ, the Son of God

"'Who do you say I am?' Simon Peter answered, 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God'" (Matthew 16:13, 15-16).
scripture Focus: Matthew 16:1-16

It's the most important question each of us must answer from Jesus: "Who do you say I am?" Peter responded to that question by declaring that Jesus was the promised and long-awaited Messiah. Our answer to that question determines our eternal destiny.

With all the issues facing us as a society, we need Jesus more than ever. As a nation we are economically and militarily strong, but morally corrupt. Unchecked evil in the hearts of people brings into focus the darkness of our world without God, without hope apart from the divine intervention of Jesus. The apostle Paul reminds us that "all have sinned," and are in need of a Savior. (Romans 3:23) Jesus Christ, the Son of the living God, is that Savior. God sent His Son to be His light in a dark world to deliver men and women from sin.

Paul wrote, "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners." No sinner is beyond the reach of His saving grace and power. How do you answer His question: "Who do you say I am?"

Insight: Jesus didn't come just to offer us a better life or help us be better people. He came to offer salvation, deliverance from sin, and eternal life.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Jul 2009, 8:07 am

Date: July 16, 2009 9:43 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Presence and Protection

Presence and Protection

"'No weapon forged against you will prevail, and you will refute every tongue that accuses you. This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,' says the Lord" (Isaiah 54:17).
Scripture Focus: Isaiah 54:9-17

Part of my responsibility as a pastor is to visit patients who are hospitalized in isolation due to infection in their bodies. The warnings are real, and I take them seriously, wearing a mask, gloves, and gown to protect the patient and me from transmitting or receiving germs.

The history of Israel records the continuous battles they lived through. God raised up various nations such as Assyria and Babylonia to punish them because of their sin and rebellion. At the same time, God's prophet Isaiah affirmed His compassion toward His people and His protection of them over their enemies.

The time will come when enemies will not be allowed to attack God's servants. As we approach the end of the age, evil will increase, but so will the outpouring of God's Spirit. In the darkness of evil, the brightness of His Son will be seen.

God's protection comes in the assurance of His presence as He reminds us, "Never will I leave you. Never will I forsake you" (Hebrews 13:5).

Insight: God promises to be with us in deep water, dark valleys, even the heat of fire. In our greatest times of need, God is never indifferent.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Jul 2009, 12:03 pm

Date: July 15, 2009 10:25 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Manual for Life

Manual for Life

"Anyone who runs ahead and does not continue in the teaching of Christ does not have God; whoever continues in the teaching has both the Father and the Son" (2 John 9).
Scripture Focus: 2 John

Over my years of ministry work, I've read manuals that give directions for crisis intervention, national emergencies, peer support, and stress management. The information has kept me focused in times of emergency.

God has provided His children with His manual for life. His intent is for us to follow, consistently study, memorize, and apply His timely truth to daily living. His Word keeps us focused on Him, His plan for our lives, and how to accomplish it. The manual also includes warnings about the need to be alert to false teachings that propagate information that will lead us away from God.

The word "continues," often used in Scripture, carries with it the ideas of remaining, dwelling, abiding, enduring, and persevering. God wants us to "continue" in His Word, taking the fundamentals of our faith and hiding them deep in our hearts. This kind of commitment to God's manual for life will help counter the false teaching all around us. God's truth can be relied on.

Insight: The goal of daily commitment for Christians is to walk in truth, obey God, watch out for deceivers, and love God and each other.
--
Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 Jul 2009, 10:09 am

Date: July 13, 2009 8:49 PM
Topic: +DEV+ On Guard

On Guard

"I am sending you out like sheep among wolves. Therefore be as shrewd as snakes and as innocent as doves. Be on your guard against men" (Matthew 10:16-17).
Scripture Focus: Matthew 10:1-23

A few years after the Federal Building in Oklahoma City was destroyed by terrorists, police officers were radioed to go to one of the truck scales on the interstate to check out a suspicious truck. It was carrying a load of fertilizer and chemicals and was very overweight. State Troopers came from far and wide to confront the situation.

We didn't know when we arrived at the scene if there would be an explosion or some other kind of emergency. The container labels were in a foreign language, but fortunately, my trooper friend spoke and read the language. He was able to define exactly what the truck was carrying.

This experience reminds me of Jesus' words to His disciples as He sent them out: "Be on your guard." In other words, be alert, watch out, pay attention! Like them, our only hope is to keep focused on our Shepherd for protection and help. Christians need wisdom to accomplish God's work. We never know what challenges we may face as we serve Him, so trusting Him is vital.

Insight: Living for Christ and sharing the Good News will bring both joy and difficulty, but our confidence is in Him who has overcome the world.
--
Date: July 14, 2009 11:36 PM
Topic: +DEV+ A Time of Peace

A Time of Peace

And Abijah rested with his fathers and was buried in the City of David. Asa his son succeeded
him as king, and in his days the country was at peace for ten years (2 Chronicles 14:1-2).
Scripture Focus: 2 Chronicles 14:1-11

Having been stationed in Korea, I can say that it was a very peaceful place for the most part. But from time to time we went through typhoons, violent storms that swept around the country. Before the storm hit, it would be peaceful. We used that time to prepare for the coming storm.

King Asa honored God by destroying pagan shrines. The result was peace for his kingdom. He built and fortified his kingdom, preparing for what he knew would be eventual battle with the enemy. When a major threat developed from Zerah, Asa knew how to handle it. He appealed to God for help: "Lord, there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty. Help us, O Lord our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this vast army" (2 Chronicles 14:11).

When we face turmoil and crisis it's vital for our spiritual survival that we use the times of peace to prepare for the inevitable storms. Be prepared for whatever comes as Asa was; turn it all over to God and trust Him to see you through.

Insight: Times of peace are not just for resting, but for preparing for times of trouble by deepening our faith and commitment in our heavenly Father.

Jesus is Lord of All
Michael D. Inman

Restoration Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next