World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith

2 posters

Go down

Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith Empty Re: Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith

Post  Aquiness Fri 06 Feb 2009, 9:21 pm

Hi Zerich,

"We live in a world that seeks to function apart from the Lord. Its attention is centered on man and his desires. The tragedy is that people without Christ are under God's judgment for all eternity. This includes those who attend church but do not have a personal relationship with the Savior (Matt. 7:21-23). "

People who have deliberately rejected Christ and His teachings are condemned....Those who in all innocence have never known the truth can be saved.

"Assurance--At salvation, the Holy Spirit dwells within us. Through Him, we have the absolute assurance that we are God's children and will spend eternity with Him. "

We do not have complete assurance of salvation because we can 'fall' many times. Thankfully we can ask forgiveness time and time again and know we have been forgiven, but those who die without reconciliation will lose their souls.

God Bless

Jan
Aquiness
Aquiness

Back to top Go down

Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith Empty Sharing Our Faith

Post  Zerich Fri 06 Feb 2009, 1:59 pm

February 05, 2009
Sharing Our Faith
1 John 4:14-15

We live in a world that seeks to function apart from the Lord. Its attention is centered on man and his desires. The tragedy is that people without Christ are under God's judgment for all eternity. This includes those who attend church but do not have a personal relationship with the Savior (Matt. 7:21-23).

As Christ's ambassadors, believers are to be prepared to share the gospel (2 Cor. 5:20). Here are five words to help us remember key points about God's good news:

Need--Because of sin, everyone starts out separated from the Lord (Rom. 3:10). The need is for someone who can correct this impasse and reconcile us to the Father. It is crucial for people to recognize that something is seriously wrong between them and God--and in fact, that without divine intervention, sin is an insurmountable problem.

Provision--Once the need is recognized, we can talk about God's provision. He sent His Son Jesus to be our Savior. Only Christ could pay the debt we owe for our sins.

Cost--For man, salvation is a free gift. But it was costly to God, who had to sacrifice His Son upon the cross in our place (Rom. 6:23). Faith--Trusting in Jesus is the only way to salvation. There are no substitutes (John 14:6).

Assurance--At salvation, the Holy Spirit dwells within us. Through Him, we have the absolute assurance that we are God's children and will spend eternity with Him.

Regularly take time to speak to others about what matters most. The most important issue in life is a relationship with God through Jesus Christ.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zerich

Back to top Go down

Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith Empty Re: Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith

Post  Aquiness Wed 04 Feb 2009, 11:48 pm

Hi Zerich,

"Numerous people believe in God, attend church, and are convinced that they will someday go to heaven. But of these, far too many are misinformed about salvation. "

I agree attending Church cannot guarantee salvation if we are not 'right' with God. Jesus did want us to 'meet' in this way however..... 42 "And they were persevering in the doctrine of the apostles, and in the communication of the breaking of bread, and in prayers."....... Acts-20-7 "And on the first day of the week, when we were assembled to break bread, Paul discoursed with them, being to depart on the morrow: and he continued his speech until midnight."

In those early days the faithful met wherever they could until it was safe enough to build places of worship dedicated to God.

"Some believe that a person's eternal destiny depends solely on how much good he accomplishes in his lifetime. Others accept that Jesus died for us but think we have to contribute toward salvation through works. Both views are incorrect. Scripture clearly teaches that we are saved only through a personal faith in Christ (Eph. 2:8-9)."

There is no such thing as a doctrine of salvation by works...that we can "work" our way into Heaven....but works do indeed have a great bearing on our salvation...Every passage in the N.T. talks about judgment and how we will be judged by our works, not by whether or not we have faith alone. We see this in Rom 2, Matthew 15 and 16, 1 Pet 1, Rev 20 and 22, 2 Cor 5, and many, many more verses.

Matt. 25-31-46... Jesus' teaching on the separation of the sheep from the goats is based on the works that were done during their lives, not just on their acceptance of Christ as Saviour. In fact, this teaching even demonstrates that those who are saved do not necessarily have to know Christ.

Faith is the minimum requirement without which we cannot please God. But this is just the beginning of the process leading toward justification. Faith alone does not justify a person. Justification is only achieved by faith and works. Also, this gift of faith from God also includes the grace of hope and love the moment the person is justified.

The whole of Scripture warns us that we have to do God's Will in order to be saved. While 'Faith alone' is described as being 'dead' ....... ... John-8-31 "Then Jesus said to those Jews, who believed him: If you continue in my word, you shall be my disciples indeed." They believed but still had to obey Jesus commands.

Matt 12-50 "For whosoever shall do the will of my Father, that is in heaven, he is my brother, and sister, and mother".......Heb-13-21 Fit you in all goodness, that you may do his will; doing in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ, to whom is glory for ever and ever. Amen. "

Also If we are saved by faith alone, why does 1 Cor 13:13 say that love is greater than faith? Shouldn’t it be the other way around?

"What He did--namely, living a perfect life and dying for our sins--is what makes us right with God. When we receive Jesus as our Savior, His completed work is credited to our account. Our sin-debt is paid by His blood, and His righteousness is applied to us. Remember, we are saved not by what we do but by whom we trust--we can't add to or take away from Christ's finished work on the cross (John 19:30; Acts 4:12). "

As I have already pointed out...Christ truly died for our sins, but we have to be worthy to receive this gift. We are expected to participate in our own salvation and if possible assist others towards salvation too

Read what Paul says in Rom. 11:13-14....... "I magnify my ministry to make the Jews jealous and thus save some of them." Paul says that he is the one doing the saving, but he really means that he participates in Christ's work of salvation. In this other verse he explains that a wife can save her husband and vice versa. We are lesser mediators in Christ's salvific work. 1 Cor-7-16

1 Cor. 9:22 - Paul says ..... he has become all things to men that he might save some. Only God saves, but His children participate in their salvation.

1 Tim. 4:16.. "you will save both yourself and your hearers." Christ is the only Savior, but He wants us to participate, for we are members of His body.

James 5:20 - "whoever brings back a sinner will save his soul from death. "

Jude 22-23 - we are instructed to save some people, by snatching them out of the fire. We participate in our salvation and in the salvation of others.

Prov. 16:6 - "by love and faithfulness iniquity is atoned for." We can participate in Christ's atonement through our love and faith.

"It is essential that our faith be grounded in biblical truth. Receiving forgiveness of our sins, belonging to God's family, and dwelling with Him forever depend on it."

Isn't something missing here? .............Rev. 22:12 – Jesus says, "Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay everyone for what he has done."

God Bless

Jan
Aquiness
Aquiness

Back to top Go down

Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith Empty Confusion In The Church

Post  Zerich Wed 04 Feb 2009, 8:10 pm

February 04, 2009
Confusion in the Church
1 John 5:12-13

Numerous people believe in God, attend church, and are convinced that they will someday go to heaven. But of these, far too many are misinformed about salvation.

Some believe that a person's eternal destiny depends solely on how much good he accomplishes in his lifetime. Others accept that Jesus died for us but think we have to contribute toward salvation through works. Both views are incorrect. Scripture clearly teaches that we are saved only through a personal faith in Christ (Eph. 2:8-9).

What He did--namely, living a perfect life and dying for our sins--is what makes us right with God. When we receive Jesus as our Savior, His completed work is credited to our account. Our sin-debt is paid by His blood, and His righteousness is applied to us. Remember, we are saved not by what we do but by whom we trust--we can't add to or take away from Christ's finished work on the cross (John 19:30; Acts 4:12).

There is another common area of misinformation: many are convinced that belonging to a church, reading the Bible, and praying are evidences of being a Christian. These are important, but they're not what establishes us as God's children. We are adopted into His family when we acknowledge the insufficiency of our own efforts and embrace what Christ did for us. At that moment, we are set apart for the Lord and belong to Him.

It is essential that our faith be grounded in biblical truth. Receiving forgiveness of our sins, belonging to God's family, and dwelling with Him forever depend on it.

Zerich

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquiness Tue 03 Feb 2009, 9:54 pm

Hi Zerich,

"........I enjoy studying and thinking on My Lord."

Yes I do too. It is good to study His Word. Very Happy

"The word tells us In James 2:10 ,"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in One point, he is guilty of all."

All the precepts of the law are to be considered as one total and entire law...like a chain. If one link is broken, the whole chain is gone. This is why James went on to tell us.... "For He said that thou shalt not commit adultery, said also, Thou shalt not kill. Now if thou do not commit adultery, but shalt kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

"It also says in Ecclesiastes 12:14,"For God shall bring EVERY WORK into judgement, with every SECRET THING, wheither it be good or wheither it be evil."

Yes we are judged on our works..Deeds

"We must receive Jesus Christ at a definate time."

At a definite time? This can happen anytime for those not brought up in the faith, but hopefully it will happen before death because then it is too late for many who are in grave sin

"Salvation is a simple transaction."

Salvation is a narrow road Zerich. The other way is broad.

"Not those that were baptized."

After we have come to the truth then we have to be baptised, if we have not been already.

"Not those that have lived a good life......These things are important AFTER we receive Christ, but have nothing to do with salvation itself."

Yes salvation is for those who have lived good lives...Those innocent of not knowing the true faith.

Baptism is the first step after receiving the truth....
...Acts 2-41 "They therefore that received his word, were baptized; and there were added in that day about three thousand souls." .... After Baptism we are to follow the Lord's commands and continue in the faith...... .... 42 "And they were persevering in the doctrine of the apostles, and in the communication of the breaking of bread, and in prayers."
If we don't we can lose salvation....
John 14-15 "If you love me, keep my commandments. "

Paul warns us that we can lose salvation by sinning.....Cor-9-27 "But I chastise my body, and bring it into subjection: lest perhaps, when I have preached to others, I myself should become a castaway."

"Receiving Christ is as simple as receiving a Christmas gift.
The word tells us to come as you are. It tells us to come as a little child. A child is not going to even begin to understand what works involves."

To come as a little child, is to be totally innocent Zerich. That's what Jesus meant. How do we stay innocent? By keeping the commandments. If we fall, and we all do, then we can confess our sin. God is quick to forgive us. The commandments were summed up by Jesus............. Mark 12-30 "And thou shalt love the Lord thy God, with thy whole heart, and with thy whole soul, and with thy whole mind, and with thy whole strength. This is the first commandment. 31 And the second is like to it: Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is no other commandment greater than these."

If we abide by these commandments then we have kept all of them. We are commanded to love our neighbour... John-3-18 "My little children, let us not love in word, nor in tongue, but in deed, and in truth ....In deed and in truth.... In other words we are commanded to "work" What happens if we dont love our neighbour?

Matthew-25-31 "And when the Son of man shall come in his majesty, and all the angels with him, then shall he sit upon the seat of his majesty. 32 And all nations shall be gathered together before him, and he shall separate them one from another, as the shepherd separateth the sheep from the goats: 33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left. 34 Then shall the king say to them that shall be on his right hand: Come, ye blessed of my Father, possess you the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world. 35 For I was hungry, and you gave me to eat; I was thirsty, and you gave me to drink; I was a stranger, and you took me in:

36 Naked, and you covered me: sick, and you visited me: I was in prison, and you came to me. 37 Then shall the just answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, and fed thee; thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38 And when did we see thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and covered thee? 39 Or when did we see thee sick or in prison, and came to thee? 40 And the king answering, shall say to them: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it to one of these my least brethren, you did it to me.

41 Then he shall say to them also that shall be on his left hand: Depart from me, you cursed, into everlasting fire which was prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry, and you gave me not to eat: I was thirsty, and you gave me not to drink. 43 I was a stranger, and you took me not in: naked, and you covered me not: sick and in prison, and you did not visit me. 44 Then they also shall answer him, saying: Lord, when did we see thee hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to thee? 45 Then he shall answer them, saying: Amen I say to you, as long as you did it not to one of these least, neither did you do it to me. "

Very clearly here we are told that we are judged by our actions.

"Earlier you quoted Ephesians 2:8-9."

"For by grace are you saved through Faith:and that not of yourselves:It is the gift of God:Not of WORKS least any man should boast."

A true faith is loving God and neighbour.......

Thess-3-6 But now when Timothy came to us from you, and related to us your faith and charity, and that you have a good remembrance of us always, desiring to see us as we also to see you;

Thess-5-8 But let us, who are of the day, be sober, having on the breastplate of faith and charity, and for a helmet the hope of salvation.

1 Pet-1-21 Who through him are faithful in God, who raised him up from the dead, and hath given him glory, that your faith and hope might be in God. 22 Purifying your souls in the obedience of charity, with a brotherly love, from a sincere heart love one another earnestly:

If any man thinks he can buy his way into heaven and boast about it he will be very disappointed. Our deeds should be done for love of our neighbour and not for what we can gain for ourselves. God knows all hearts.

Acts 2:38 ".....Repent and be Baptized every one of you...."

Repent first.........Then be Baptized.

Yes Zerich

What works can a NON- BELIEVER do in order to gain salvation, other than placing his trust completely under the shed blood of Jesus Christ?

First of all nothing we can do can gain us heaven...Jesus did it all, but he does command us to obey Him...We do that by loving God and our neighbour

There are many charitable people in the world yet do not know Christ as their Saviour. If they have lived good lives they will be judged on their works. Those, however who have rejected Christ will be held accountable.

God Bless

Jan
Aquiness
Aquiness

Back to top Go down

Post  Zerich Tue 03 Feb 2009, 12:46 am

Jan, Thank You for responding to all these postings.I enjoy studying and thinking on My Lord.
The word tells us In James 2:10 ,"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in One point, he is guilty of all.

It also says in Ecclesiastes 12:14,"For God shall bring EVERY WORK into judgement, with every SECRET THING, wheither it be good or wheither it be evil.

We know that God the Father cannot be in the presence of sin in any fashion. In fact we know the word tells us in , I think Romans, that our rightiousness is as filthy rags to Him.

John 1:12 tells us, "But as many as recieve Him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,even to them that believe on his name."

We must receive Jesus Christ at a definate time.
Salvation is a simple transaction.
Not those who have joined a church.
Not those that were baptized.
Not those that have lived a good life.
But as many as RECEIVED HIM.

These things are important AFTER we receive Christ, but have nothing to do with salvation itself.
Receiving Christ is as simple as receiving a Christmas gift.
The word tells us to come as you are. It tells us to come as a little child. A child is not going to even begin to understand what works involves.

Earlier you quoted Ephesians 2:8-9.
"For by grace are you saved through Faith:and that not of yourselves:It is the gift of God:Not of WORKS least any man should boast."

The Bible tells us how to receive Christ as our Lord and Savior.
Revelation 3:20."Behold I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I WILL come in him, and will sup with him , and he with me.
If I knocked at your door and you did not invite me in, I would not force my way in. Jesus only comes into our hearts by invitation.

The bible tells us How to please Him.

Acts 2:38 ".....Repent and be Baptized every one of you...."

Repent first.........Then be Baptized.

What works can a NON- BELIEVER do in order to gain salvation, other than placing his trust completely under the shed blood of Jesus Christ?

ZERICH

Zerich

Back to top Go down

Post  Aquiness Mon 02 Feb 2009, 10:16 pm

Hi Zerich,

"The only thing that merits salvation is what God has done for us. The works we do is in thanksgiving for that, and to tell others what God has done in our lives, and what He will do in their's as well If They will place their trust in His already completed work."

Jesus saved us by His sacrifice on the cross..But we still have to be worthy of this great gift. Over and over we are told in scripture that if we do not do certain things we will perish. These words are meant for believers and unbelievers. Eph. 2:8-9 – Paul teaches us that faith is the root of justification, and that faith excludes "works of law." But Paul does not teach that faith excludes other kinds of works. The verse also does not say we are justified by "faith alone." It only indicates that faith comes first. This, of course, must be true, because those who do works outside of faith are in a system of debt, not of grace. But faith alone does not justify. A man is justified by works, and not by faith alone. James 2:24.

Of course God gives us the graces needed to accomplish all we are commanded to do, but like any gift we can refuse it.. or God forbid even throw it away!

God Bless

Jan
Aquiness
Aquiness

Back to top Go down

Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith Empty Honest,,, This is my last posting Today on Faith

Post  Zerich Sun 01 Feb 2009, 1:08 am

Here is what I read that you started one of your postings with. I agree 100%.

The Bible is quite clear that our own works do not help merit salvation. “Not by works of righteousness which we have done” (Titus 3:5)."

Righteousness or justice in the passage above means moral qualities.

The only thing that merits salvation is what God has done for us. The works we do is in thanksgiving for that, and to tell others what God has done in our lives, and what He will do in their's as well If They will place their trust in His already completed work.
ZERICH

Zerich

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down