World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 10:48 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 10:12 pm by Admin

» israelAM
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 8:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 8:52 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 6:59 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyYesterday at 6:52 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:52 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 7:01 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 33 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 33 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Wed 21 Mar 2018, 3:34 pm

Elaine, stop the madness! 

Psalms 73:24-28 You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish; You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry. But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, That I may declare all Your works.

We’re back in Israel and still dealiing with jetlag. After completing a four-month tour of over 20,000 miles of driving across the United States, we can honestly say – we’re happy to be home -- phew!

During the past four months of travelling with our two young children, we found it easier to drive through the night while the kids slept. We would often find ourselves arriving at our next destination in the middle of the night, only to update the news before sleeping a few short hours before sunrise. We were pretty exhausted most of the time, as you might imagine and many of your calls and emails went unanswered. Please forgive us, as we are trying to catch up.

But this made me think about whether the Lord was calling us during that time and we neglected to hear and answer, in the midst of our busyness. Hmmm. I hope not. There is one important thing, even in the midst of our hectic schedules, that cannot ever be neglected -- it is spending time in God’s word and in prayer, asking for His direction and listening to His voice!

Elaine, let's strive to take a break from our craziness and make sure we’re spending ample time with the Lord. It sounds funny to say but, yeah, even full time ministers need to spend some time with the Lord…DUH!!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel [ dealing with jet lag! Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Mar 2018, 11:10 pm

Elaine, sometimes its hard to understand adversity -- but there's a purpose!

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

I suppose one of the hardest questions to answer is: "Why do I have to deal with so much adversity?!"

Quite honestly, one of the best answers I've ever come across was written by C.S. Lewis in his book, Mere Christianity. Lewis likened God's use of adversity to walking a dog. If the dog gets its leash wrapped around a pole and tries to continue running forward, he will only tighten the leash more. Both the dog and the owner are after the same end: forward motion. But the owner must resist the dog by pulling him opposite of the direction that he wants to go. The master, sharing the same intention, but understanding better than the dog where he really wants to go, takes an action precisely opposite to that of the dog's will. It is in this way that God uses adversity!

We really don't like being pulled and corrected by the Lord -- but when we understand there's a greater purpose involved, then we can pass through adversity with hope, expectation and steadfastness knowing these events are for our greater good!

Elaine, let's learn from the trials and tribulations we go through because God has a purpose in them. We may not enjoy it, but when all's said and done, enduring trials faithfully will produce perseverance, character, and hope. And hope will not disappoint us for the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Spirit...[Romans 5:4-5] We truly can trust in the God who loves us with an everlasting love because He knows the direction we need to go, AND He knows exactly how to get us there!

Baltimore, MD 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Maryland this weekend! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Mar 2018, 4:02 pm

Elaine, enter the Kingdom as a child!

Matthew 18:3 and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven.

Hebrew is the only language in the world that was completely dead as an everyday tongue and then resurrected to become a living language after thousands of years. The "Father" of modern Hebrew, Eliezer Ben-Yehuda, was devoted to restoring Hebrew for the Jewish people of our time, when for centuries it was strictly a written language.

Ben-Yehuda knew that language fluency is best acquired in childhhood, and thus raised his first-born son exclusively speaking Hebrew, convinced that he would become a living sign for its future revival as a living language. He believed by raising his child exclusively in Hebrew, that a national linguistic revival was possible! Ben-Yehuda's conviction and hard work inspired the usage and training of Israeli children in Hebrew at schools throughout Israel.

So it was that the children who were born in Israel and went to school, learned Hebrew first -- and since, of course, the adults didn't know Hebrew, it was the children who taught their parents.

There is a profound example in Ben-Yehuda's inspiring act of faith -- for as Yeshua said, "Unless you are changed and become like little children you cannot enter the Kingdom of Heaven." If you want to speak the language of Heaven, you must learn it as a child would learn! Little children are open, receptive, hungry to learn, believing, humble,and lighthearted. According to Yeshua (Jesus), these qualities are necessary for entry into our Lord's realm.

Elaine, they are also the qualities of mature saints, who, even as they grow in Him, never lose a childlike relationship with their Heavenly Father.

Baltimore, MD 
Editor's Note: We're speaking in Maryland this weekend! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Mar 2018, 12:56 pm

Elaine, are you in love? 

1 John 2:15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

Have you ever noticed that when people are in love, they tend to forget everything else? Everything becomes secondary -- cars, houses, money -- nothing matters -- it is all secondary to love. Then, when they fall out of love, as in a divorce, all of a sudden those things mean everything! They argue about all the little meaningless things they ever owned together. Each wants it all for himself.

The same is true with the Lord. Before we know Him, all we really have are possessions. But when we come to know God -- truly know Him -- those things mean very little -- we're in love! We're willing to give up everything. Those people who are most in love with God and filled with His love are the least possessive and the least materialistic.

Elaine, if we have been wrapped up in our possessions, we've lost sight of our greatest treasure! All that stuff means nothing. Let go of it. Return to your first love. Lighten your heart and fall in love again with the love of God!

Baltimore, MD 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Pennsylvania, and Maryland this week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Mar 2018, 9:20 pm

Elaine, whew, it's hot! 

2 Corinthians 4:5-6 For we do not preach ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord, and ourselves your bondservants for Jesus' sake. For it is the God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

Charles Spurgeon was a minister often accused of being "controversial". One day a friend of Spurgeon's remarked, "So, I hear you are in hot water again."

"No, I'm not the one in hot water," Spurgeon answered. "The other fellows are. I'm the man who makes the water boil!"

We're living in amazing times. Wars are being waged. Prophecy is being fulfilled. And we. what are we doing exactly?

More than ever before, we should be focusing on the condition of our heart before the Lord and in prayer for God to open the eyes of the blind. We should be talking about the truth of Messiah daily with those who don't yet know Him. Who cares if people think it's controversial? This is not the time to care what people think of us! This is the time to get the water boiling!

Elaine, what's your spiritual temperature today? Is it causing anybody to boil? Good! There's so much work to be done!

Baltimore, MD 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Pennsylvania, and Maryland this week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 Mar 2018, 11:45 pm

Elaine, feast your eyes on this!

Proverbs 15:15 All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.

Solomon wrote, "a merry heart has a continual feast!" But why does it seem like so many of us are not feasting? How do we maintain a merry heart?

Too often, we brood and complain over all the things we lack. Somehow we've come to believe that if good things would only come our way, we'd be truly happy. But it's not good things that bring a merry heart - it's living a life of wholehearted faith!

Paul said that he was content both in want and in plenty! Mathew Henry said, "Discontent is a sin that is its own punishment and makes men torment themselves; it makes the spirit sad, the body sick, and all the enjoyments sour; it is the heaviness of the heart and the rottenness of the bones." A third-century man penned these last words to a friend: "It's a bad world, an incredibly bad world. But I have discovered in the midst of it a quiet and holy people who have learned a great secret. They have found a joy which is a thousand times better than any pleasure of our sinful life. They are despised and persecuted, but they care not. They are masters of their souls. They have overcome the world. These people are the Christians--and I am one of them."

Lord, help us not to focus on the worldly things we lack. Help us to master our souls and overcome the world. We want to be men and women of GREAT FAITH! Lord, you have come that Your joy would remain in us, and that our joy would remain FULL! Help us to experience the full joy you have for us today! In Jesus Name we pray!

Elaine, let's begin feasting and filling our spiritual bellies with the His Word! Let's make our mouths to be filled with His praise! The joy of the Lord is our strength!

Baltimore, MD 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 09 Mar 2018, 3:27 pm

Elaine, take your enemy by surprise!!

Matthew 5:39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

People read this verse, and think God is telling them to be passive -- to overlook what happened. That is not a bad thing -- but it isn't exactly what Yeshua (Jesus) was saying. Turning the other cheek is not about being passive. It's about being active! So active that it actually confounds your enemy! Turning the other cheek is about taking an action so revolutionary, so shocking, so out of the ordinary that it shocks everyone around. It confounds the world -- and can also change it!

Do you truly want to overcome evil? So stop sulking about it, stop dwelling on it and stop doing nothing about it! Take a most unexpected action of surprising love -- because that is what Yeshua did for us.....and it changed our lives, didn't it?

Has someone hurt you or sinned against you? Those things happen and they always will because of our sinful human nature. But now -- turn that into an action of love!

Elaine, let's make a habit of surprising those who hurt us! It may radically change lives, especially our own!

Baltimore, MD 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Mar 2018, 4:15 pm

Elaine, don't forget your Godly ancestry!

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

A few years ago, a rare archaeological discovery was made in Northern Israel. Archaeologists discovered a 1/2 meter statue of Hercules which they say was dated to the second century.

In Greek mythology, Hercules was the son of the Greek god Zeus, and the mortal mother Alcmene -- the wisest and most beautiful of all mortal women. Hercules was said to surpass all mortal men in strength, size and skill. How did Hercules become such a powerful mortal according to mythology? It was because his father was the Greek god, Zeus.

While this is a mythological story, we as saints of the most high have a real Heavenly Father who sits on His throne in heaven. While we live in these mortal bodies, we're called to do extraordinary things in this life! We have a Spiritual Father sitting on the throne who wants to give us wisdom from above. He wants to give us "peace that passes all understanding." And He's calling us to live a life outside this natural realm -- a life worthy of a "King and a Priest" of the Most High.

Elaine, while Hercules was a myth -- your life is a reality -- the reality that God is Your heavenly Father! Don't place God in a box -- but recognize that God is calling you to live outside the box! Your life before you were born again was a "mortal" life, but having crossed over, you're now called to live a supernatural life! So live it -- because your life is an inheritance directly from your Heavenly Father!

Baltimore, MD 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 06 Mar 2018, 2:08 pm

Elaine, hop on and take a ride through the country! 

Proverbs 15:15 All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.

A new driver for an interstate trucking company was having a difficult time. He found the long cross-country trips extremely tiring. The older driver who traveled with him, however, seemed to thrive on those long trips. He always seemed to look as fresh at the end of the ride as he did at the beginning.

One day, the young man asked the older what his secret was. "Well, it's really all in the way you look at it," he replied. "While you went to work this morning, I went for a ride through the country."

Our focus will determine whether life is work or a ride in the country. We are privileged to be here in this day and age. God is doing awesome things right before our eyes and He’s allowing us to take part!

Elaine, let's get excited about taking a ride with the Lord today! He has great things to show us and teach us along the way!

Baltimore, MD 

Editor's Note: You can watch both parts of a message entitled, "The Restoration of All Things" that was given in Delphi, Indiana on YouTube. Be sure to watch, and share! Restoration of All Things (Part 1) | Restoration of All Things (Part 2) 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 02 Mar 2018, 8:37 pm

Elaine, the Lord has us covered! 

2 Corinthians 5:7 (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)

When Corrie Ten Boom (author of "The Hiding Place") was a little girl in Holland, her first realization of death came after a visit to the home of a neighbor who had died. It suddenly impressed her that some day her parents could also die. When Corrie went to her father about her concern, he comforted her with these words of wisdom. "Corrie, when you and I go to Amsterdam, when do I give you your ticket?" "Why, just before we get on the train," she replied. "Exactly," her father said, "and our wise Father in heaven knows when we're going to need things too. Don't run out ahead of Him, Corrie. When the time comes that some of us will have to die, you will look into your heart and find the strength you need--just in time."

Many of us don't think about it but we, as humans have such a problem with fear -- fear that God won't come through when we're in need. We want insurance -- insurance for our cars, insurance for our houses, for our health and for our lives. We want to be insured that we’ll be okay if something happens. It has become our way of life in the western world.

Now, we're not saying go and cancel all your insurance plans -- but at the same time, God wants us to trust in His provision in our time of need! In our time in ministry, we have truly learned the meaning of "never early, never late". Every single day since we have been here our faith has been tested and time and time again, God has provided for us in ways we could never conceive -- physically, spiritually, emotionally, financially and in every other way -- never early, never late -- always just when we need it.

Elaine, we need not fear anything that is before us. God will give us the strength to endure anything that comes our way. He has our ticket!

Baltimore, Maryland 

Editor's Note: You can watch both parts of a message entitled, "The Restoration of All Things" that was given in Delphi, Indiana on YouTube. Be sure to watch, and share! Restoration of All Things (Part 1) | Restoration of All Things (Part 2) 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey this weekend! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 Feb 2018, 9:43 am

Elaine, stop your pulling!

Matthew 21:21 Jesus answered and said unto them, Verily I say unto you, If ye have faith, and doubt not, ye shall not only do this which is done to the fig tree, but also if ye shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; it shall be done.

An elderly teacher, with a pupil by his side, took a walk through a forest. Suddenly he stopped and pointed to four plants close at hand. The first was just beginning to peep above the ground, the second had rooted itself pretty well into the earth, the third was a small shrub, while the fourth was a full-sized tree. The tutor said to his young companion, 'Pull up the first plant.' The boy did so eagerly, using only his fingers. 'Now pull up the second.' The youth obeyed but found the task more difficult. 'Do the same with the third,' he urged. The boy had to use all his strength to uproot it. 'Now,' said the instructor, 'try your hand with the fourth.' The pupil put his arms around the trunk of the tall tree and couldn't even shake its leaves. 'This, my son, is just what happens with our bad habits. When they are young, we can remove them readily; but when they are old, it's hard to uproot them, though we try and struggle ever so sincerely.'"

We all have weeds and even enormous Redwoods that need uprooting in our lives. It takes a LOT of effort to get strong enough to move those big ones on our own. Instead, let's take that same effort and start practicing faith in the Lord!

Elaine, perhaps you're weary of pulling. God doesn't expect us to pull these bad habits ourselves. Let's ask the Lord to do the uprooting today and watch Him gain the victory!

Fort Smith, Arkansas 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Arkansas, Maryland and Pennsylvania over the next week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 27 Feb 2018, 1:34 pm

Elaine, have obedient faith! 

Hebrews 11:30 By faith the walls of Jericho fell down after they had been encircled for seven days.

After spending forty years in the wilderness, the children of Israel crossed into the Promised Land arriving to immediately face what seemed an impregnable fortress and an impossible task. Imagine receiving the instruction to march around the fortified city seven times, then finally be commanded to shout with all your might and sound shofars! It seemed like such a ridiculous warfare strategy...and yet, this time, they followed the instructions, marching around the walled city of Jericho and on the 7th day, after 7 rounds, witnessed the miraculous collapse which opened the way to victory.

Obeying the voice of the Lord in faith was met with His supernatural intervening power. The object lesson?

Do what God says, follow His instructions, putting your faith into action!

Elaine, faith that works is true faith, and it reveals the awesome God whom we serve! Respond to God's word obediently, no matter how ridiculous it may seem, and when He is ready your breakthrough will come!

Lawton, Oklahoma 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Maryland and Pennsylvania over the next week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 26 Feb 2018, 10:17 pm

Elaine, have Biblical faith!

Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

A.W. Tozer had an interesting commentary on this verse. He said: "Faith is seeing the invisible, but not the nonexistent."

We live in a world today that seems out of control -- yet the Word clearly tells us that God remains in control.

When the Israelites were driven to the Red Sea their situation appeared impossible and desperate through human eyes. They failed their first test of faith when they told Moses it would have been better to serve as slaves then to die in the wilderness. [Exodus 14:10-12] Though they had seen His miracles of deliverance from slavery in Egypt, they failed to remember to encourage themselves with this recent history of Divine intervention.

YHVH allowed the "impossible situation" to test their faith and to reveal His glory and power!

Biblical faith believes and stands upon the invisible reality of God's presence, power, and protection, in difficult, even impossible circumstances. People of faith keep our eyes on Heaven where the Lord's sovereignty over all earthly events inspires trust which is not based on what we see, but remembers how our invisible God has delivered, preserved, and protected us in the past.

Elaine, let's not fail the test as the Israelities did, wishing they were back in Egypt! There are times when life places us in "impossible situations" which our Lord allows to test our faith and to reveal Himself and His glory. Whatever impossible situation you may be facing, encourage yourself with memories of God's past faithfulness and blessed providence. You will not know from where or how the deliverance will come. But do not allow the "invisibility" of the solution to throw you into doubt or panic. Stand firm in what you do not see, and then, see the salvation of the Lord!

Las Cruces, New Mexico

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Oklahoma, Arkansas, Maryland and Pennsylvania over the next week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 23 Feb 2018, 4:04 pm

Elaine, don't be mopey!

Acts 22:15 For thou shalt be his witness unto all men of what thou hast seen and heard.

Many times, our unbelieving family and coworkers -- society in general, can make us feel small and inferior -- like second class citizens -- because we are believers. Unfortunately, somewhere along the line, somehow, we begin to believe it! We become what I like to call "mopey Christians," just moping around, keeping our faith hidden under a bushel, feeling afraid to say a word about Yeshua (Jesus), in fear that we might offend someone! And that's precisely what the enemy wants us to feel!

But we can choose whether or not to give in to his foolishness today! Yeshua said that those who follow after Him shall never hunger or thirst -- they have been set free from the law of sin and death -- they've been renewed, cleansed, forgiven, loved with an everlasting love! How on earth can we mope about that??

Elaine, we need a reality check. Don't allow society to silence you! We should be holding our heads high today and ready to tell people about the great work he's done in us! For we have been redeemed! 

Tucson, Arizona 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Arizona over the next week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Editor's Note: We have our schedule online. Be sure to check it out and see where you can meet us on the road! There are still a few holes we are hoping to fill along the way. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Feb 2018, 5:34 pm

Elaine, are you shining? 

Matthew 25:23 His lord said unto him, Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

It was a stormy night in Birmingham, England, and Hudson Taylor was to speak at a meeting at the Severn Street schoolroom. His hostess assured him that nobody would attend on such a stormy night, but Taylor insisted on going. "I must go even if there is no one but the doorkeeper." Less than a dozen people showed up, but the meeting was marked with unusual spiritual power. Half of those present either became missionaries or gave their children as missionaries; and the rest were faithful supporters of the China Inland Mission for years to come. Hudson Taylor was going to be faithful to speak even if it was to only one person. Today, God may be calling you to speak to that one person.

D.L. Moody once said: “God has called us to shine, just as much as Daniel was sent into Babylon to shine. Let no one say that he cannot shine because he has not so much influence as some others may have. What God wants you to do is to use the influence you have. Daniel probably did not have much influence down in Babylon at first, but God soon gave him more because he was faithful and used what he had."

Elaine, God is looking for those who are willing to be faithful! He wants to use us in ways we could never or would never have imagined – but in order for that to transpire we need to be faithful in the little things and we need to be available when He calls!

Phoenix, Arizona 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Arizona over the next week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Editor's Note: We have our schedule online. Be sure to check it out and see where you can meet us on the road! There are still a few holes we are hoping to fill along the way. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyemail.com for more information. 

Elaine, unify, around our King! 

1 Chronicles 12:38 All these men of war, who could keep ranks, came to Hebron with a loyal heart, to make David king over all Israel; and all the rest of Israel were of one mind to make David king.

The mighty men that followed David were of one mind and heart to make him King. Their recognition of David's anointing may have been the most significant quality of these Mighty Men. What was it in David that drew out this deep loyalty? I believe it was God's Holy Spirit which David received when Samuel anointed him king.[1 Samuel 16:13].

"Mashiach" literally means "anointed"; so David was a "mashiach". "Yeshua ha Mashiach" translated literally into English is, "Jesus the Anointed". David received the Holy Spirit from the moment of his anointing by Samuel as future king of Israel. As the anointed Son of David, and Son of God, Yeshua is our eternal king.

The anointing on David's life, and the unity of his mighty men and their devotion to make him king, inspired all of Israel. The entire nation was inspired to crown him their king. What a picture of spiritual unity for us as lovers of our King/Messiah! If we love our King the way they loved David, we will also be drawn into great unity of heart and mind, as they were.

Elaine, now, as the storms gather, as our enemies plot our destruction, we must realize and recognize our oneness in Yeshua. Whatever disagreements we may nurture, they must pale in comparison to the love and loyalty we share toward our beloved King. Just as Israel loved and was utterly devoted to David, so, even more, can we be drawn together by the magnificent anointing of our Messiah, King of the Universe.

Tucson, Arizona 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Feb 2018, 5:29 pm

Elaine, praise God - you can't be separated! 
Romans 8:35 Who will separate us from the love of Christ? Will tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

One of His greatest promises to us is that nothing can separate us from the love of God. No tribulation or distress we might ever suffer can obliterate the power of His love to carry us through!

This tells me so clearly that I cannot read God's love for me by my circumstances alone, and that's often my greatest temptation: "How could a loving God allow this to happen to me?" But the Lord never promised we would escape hardship, persecution, poverty or danger -- (in fact, He promised the opposite); the promise is that His love for us would be greater than any and all circumstances we might have to endure. Consider the life of Yeshua (Jesus). He went to the cross and died an excruciating death -- He didn't escape difficulties -- He experienced them more than anyone could ever imagine! So, allow His death to settle any questions you have about the love of God!

Elaine, don't ever judge God's love for you based on circumstances alone, but rather evaluate your circumstances from God's point of view: Love. It's His main motive for everything that happens to you.

Tucson, Arizona 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Feb 2018, 1:16 pm

Elaine, have an undivided heart!

1 Chronicles 12:33 Of Zebulun, there were 50,000 who went out in the army, who could draw up in battle formation with all kinds of weapons of war and helped David with an undivided heart.

Colossians 3:23-25 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

50,000 soldiers from the tribe of Zebulun served in David's army with UNDIVIDED (some translations: "not double-hearted") hearts. Can you imagine a skilled army with this level of loyalty and devotion?

An undivided heart is one of the most powerful things on earth. Singleness of purpose will flow from the life of a person whose heart is undivided. Couples whose hearts are devoted to the Lord this way will preserve their marriages, no matter how difficult their issues and problems become. Intercessors whose hearts are filled with a single purpose will ultimately demolish terrible strongholds. Missionaries with vision and absolute loyalty, will be able to take entire nations for Christ. One woman will pour out ointment worth a year's salary on her savior's head. An undivided heart is one of the most powerful things on earth.

Yeshua (Jesus) inspires and empowers undivided hearts. If you really know him well, you will be very much like the men of Zebulun were in their loyalty toward David.

Elaine, check your heart. Is it inspired by the beauty, heroism, and love of the Messiah? Allow yourself to be challenged in a new way to strive to have an undivided heart -- that you may do greater things for the Lord today! 

Los Angeles, California 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in California and Oregon over the next week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Feb 2018, 12:05 am

Elaine, you're helping to build the army of God!

1 Chronicles 12:21-22 And they helped David against the bands of raiders, for they were all mighty men of valor, and they were captains in the army. For at that time they came to David day by day to help him, until it was a great army, like the army of God.

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

A program by National Geographic gives a powerful illustration for us. In the great annual wildebeest migration in Serengeti National Park in Africa a giant herd, thousands of wildebeest, slowly move in groups across the plain. They are invariably followed by stalking lions. But the lions never attack the herd - they simply watch carefully for the stray wildebeest, either careless or seeking greener grass, who separates himself from the larger groups of animals. The isolated wildebeest will become the sudden prey of the lions who attack with lightening speed and ferocity.

In spiritual warfare isolation is equally dangerous, as our enemy roams like a roaring lion looking for separated brethren to prey upon. We all need real relationship and spiritual community for protection against our enemy who is constantly stalking vulnerable prey. It's not enough to simply "go to church". We need to be the community of believers, actively participating in loving, serving, praying, counseling, encouraging, admonishing, eating, rejoicing, weeping, and forgiving as the family of God.

Elaine, far too many believers are isolated, and seriously vulnerable to the attacks of Satan. Are you one of them? Do you know someone who is in this dangerous condition? David's army was successful and safe because they were together in mind heart and purpose. Wildebeest, as well, survive when they stick together. Find your spiritual community and be faithful to it. It should not be a formality, but a family reality with a warfare mentality.

Los Angeles, California 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in California and Oregon over the next week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Elaine, stand alongside your brother! 

1 Chronicles 12:16-18 Then some of the sons of Benjamin and Judah came to David at the stronghold. And David went out to meet them, and answered and said to them, "If you have come peaceably to me to help me, my heart will be united with you; but if to betray me to my enemies, since there is no wrong in my hands, may the God of our fathers look and bring judgment." Then the Spirit came upon Amasai, chief of the captains, and he said: "We are yours, O David; We are on your side, O son of Jesse! Peace, peace to you, And peace to your helpers! For your God helps you." So David received them, and made them captains of the troop.

Mark 6:7 And He called the twelve to Himself, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits.

As David grew in stature those who stood by him increased in number, devoting themselves to fight with him. Though it was a time of adversity for David, and a time of warfare, he found that there were many willing to join their lives to his; "...a brother is born for adversity"; and "there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother". Again we note that David's anointing and his character made him a friend to many...and many became his loyal friends.

When Yeshua (Jesus) sent his disciples out, He never sent them alone -- He sent them two by two; and no doubt these pairs of disciples developed deep loyalty, unity and friendship as they proclaimed the kingdom and faced the powers of darkness together.

Elaine, how would you describe your friendships in the Body of Messiah? Do you feel isolated, fighting battles alone? Do you know others who are in that condition? With the battles now raging, it's more important than ever to be a friend, and to really know who your friends are. May the Lord grant each one of us loyal and faithful friendships as we fight the good fight.

Los Angeles, California 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Feb 2018, 6:37 pm

Elaine, don't procrastinate! 

1 Chronicles 12:15 These are they that went over Jordan in the first month, when it had overflown all his banks; and they put to flight all them of the valleys, both toward the east, and toward the west.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

As we continue our study of the Mighty Men of David, another quality is worth pointing out -- they were not procrastinators. Notice that these men decided to cross the Jordan river when it was at flood stage! They didn't wait till the river receded, but rather, boldly crossed when it was the most dangerous!

And because of this boldness -- remember in our previous study they were described as mighty men whose faces were like the faces of lions with the swiftness of gazelles -- they crossed the river without fear or hesitation. Their boldness and courage set fear into the hearts of their enemies who trembled before the spirit of these men, and fled before them to the east and to the west!

Elaine, in these last days the enemy of our souls would love to strike terror in our hearts, but there is only ONE whom we should fear, with a reverential and Holy fear -- our awesome Creator! Is there an obstacle before you today -- a "flooded river" that stands to stop your advance? Don't procrastinate if you know the Lord's will -- go boldly, press forward, without hesitation! He will go before you and strike fear in the hearts of your enemies!

Sacramento, California 

Editor's Note: We're speaking in California over the next week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 Feb 2018, 3:47 pm

Elaine, have the boldness of lions! 

1 Chronicles 12: 8 Some Gadites joined David at the stronghold in the wilderness, mighty men of valor, men trained for battle, who could handle shield and spear, whose faces were like the faces of lions, and were as swift as gazelles on the mountains:

Luke 10:19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.

As we continue our study of the men who followed David, let's look at their boldness -- the boldness of lions! We also need this boldness in the face of the enemy who is "like a lion", himself....a roaring lion. While it is true that the devil received a fatal wound at Calvary, he is still roaming, dangerous, and seeking whom he may devour. We need to stand bold as a lion against him, for we have the "lion of Judah" [Revelation 5:5] as our Captain, ready to defend us. And greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world.

David's mighty men were gifted and fearless warriors. They also had a powerful and courageous leader whose righteousness, faith, and humility, were a great inspiration. A strong, courageous and righteous leader will bring out the best in his followers. David's men of valor were bold as lions and swift as gazelles.

But our Captain Yeshua (Jesus), is the the most courageous, humble, and righteous leader who ever existed, and his power is ultimate. He has given us to partake of these qualities, and when we do, we can walk in authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and triumph over all the power of the enemy.

Elaine, the mighty men of David present a great example for us in our spiritual warfare. They must have been fearsome to the enemies of Israel. Following Yeshua closely, we also will cause the enemies of God to tremble and flee. Bold in Him, we will be invincible -- bold as lions and swift as gazelles!

Sacramento, California 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Feb 2018, 11:13 pm

Elaine, fighting takes training!

1 Chronicles 12:2 armed with bows, using both the right hand and the left in hurling stones and shooting arrows with the bow. They were of Benjamin, Saul's brethren.

Hebrews 11:33-34 who through faith subdued kingdoms, worked righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions, quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, became valiant in battle, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

As we continue our study of the men who followed David, another characteristic was their ability to war.They learned how to battle with both the right hand and the left hand for hurling stones. If you have ever thrown a ball, you know that you can aim effectively with your dominant hand -- but try it with the opposite hand -- it's far more difficult to throw accurately. But the men that followed David learned to throw with both arms effectively! It must have taken months of training to develop such skill.

We also learn to war, not in the flesh, but in the Spirit. And we too must train to use our spiritual weapons, and to use them accurately. The word of God is a sharp sword when used with skill and spiritual authority, and the right scripture for a situation can bring tremendous healing and deliverance; but we must know the word and walk in the spirit to be able to use it in warfare.

Furthermore, every serious intercessor knows he must learn to concentrate his mind and will intently for battling in prayer. For his aim to be accurate and penetrating he must overcome the tendency to wander in his thoughts and lose focus on the issue at hand. To be effective warriors we need to train our minds and wills to concentrate so that our prayers become like lasers for breaking through in the spirit.

Elaine, in this day and age, Yeshua (Jesus) is calling us to spiritual battle, and our training is critical for success and victory. We must know the word and use it skillfully, and we must learn to concentrate in prayer for the spiritual objectives to which we are called. The Lord will equip us as we ask and seek Him for it, and do our homework. Let's be inspired by David's mighty men, training diligently to take aim in our battle with the powers of darkness!

Roseburg, Oregon

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 09 Feb 2018, 7:56 pm

Elaine, your commander has enlisted you!

1 Chronicles 12:1 Now these were the men who came to David at Ziklag while he was still a fugitive from Saul the son of Kish; and they were among the mighty men, helpers in the war,

2 Timothy 2:4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.

When David was a fugitive from Saul, the men who followed him recognized his rightful place as King of Israel, and they developed a deep loyalty to him, this little band. As we read yesterday, these men were transformed from distress, debt, and discontentment [1 Sam. 22:1-2] into becoming mighty men of war. Having joined David, they quickly realized that they were joining a conflict.

But new believers may not immediately realize that they have recently entered the greatest war of all-time -- the war between good and evil! Claiming the faith of Yeshua (Jesus), they are instantaneously thrust into a battle with an enemy who seeks to rob, kill and destroy them. [John 10:10] So, even with the powerful protection of a loving Father, they may find themselves dodging bullets, or even taking hits from the enemy, as they wake up to the unavoidable reality of spiritual warfare; and this vulnerable time can be discouraging, even to the point of wanting to give up the faith, especially if they weren't warned or prepared at all for the conflict...

When we choose to follow Yeshua we should realize we have been enlisted into a spiritual army, of which He is the General. And as we mature, taking more responsibility, we realize the danger and wastefulness of becoming entangled with the affairs of this life. This can take time, but little by little, with plenty of practice, we become equipped and experienced with the spiritual weapons that are necessary for real victory against the enemy of our souls!

Elaine, wake up to the warfare, stay in training, fight the good fight; the joy of spiritual victory is so worth every effort!

Sacramento, California

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Feb 2018, 4:26 pm

Elaine, go into the Highways and Byways!

1 Samuel 22:1-2 David therefore departed thence, and escaped to the cave Adullam: and when his brethren and all his father's house heard it, they went down thither to him. And every one that was in distress, and every one that was in debt, and every one that was discontented, gathered themselves unto him; and he became a captain over them: and there were with him about four hundred men.

When David was anointed king over Israel, he didn’t take his place at the throne immediately. He had to wait, and bide his time, until Saul was removed from power, before arriving at his destined place as King. Like His father David, Yeshua (Jesus) was received as Israel's king/messiah at the triumphal entry, (often called "Palm Sunday"), and then, "anointed" King of the Jews, ironically receiving His true title from the Romans, while hanging on a cross. But He is still waiting to reveal His identity as King on earth, during the Millennial reign when His kingdom will replace the kingdoms of this world at His second advent. [Rev. 11:15].

Now, while David was waiting for his kingship to become a reality, he was chased and persecuted by Saul, driven into the wild, outlying places in the Land. There, he found other outcasts who became his followers; men who were in distress, in debt, or discontented in one way or another; those who felt they had no part in this life any longer.

Rather than casting these people away from him, because, after all he was a king, David drew them to himself, by the anointing on his life and the strength of his character; and they, of all people, recognized that he was the chosen King of Israel. David's true kingly nature embraced these lowly men and transformed them into a mighty army.

Yeshua does exactly the same with us, even while He has been rejected as king of this world. Outcasts, broken, indebted, despised, discontented people [1 Cor. 1:26-28] are chosen out of the world, and transformed by Him into mighty vessels to serve his kingdom purposes while we wait and pray for His kingdom to come.

Elaine, perhaps you’ve been in distress, or struggling with debt, or discontented with life...have you met the outcast King of the Jews? Have you decided to follow the One whose own received Him not? Have you recognized that His present kingdom is not of this world, because He's waiting for His house to be filled, before He returns? If you, an outcast, have recognized the One whom the world has not known, press on, following and serving Him! He has called you to be a mighty man of war, as were the men who surrounded King David. Only remember, your battle is not with flesh and blood.

Marina, California

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 07 Feb 2018, 2:52 pm

Elaine, be still!

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God! I will be praised among the nations, I will be praised in the earth.

In one passage in John, Mary and Martha come running to Yeshua (Jesus), asking Him to heal Lazarus, who was critically ill. Since Lazarus was a good friend of Yeshua, I'm sure they were expecting that Yeshua would come immediately to his aid. The scripture says, however, that Yeshua stayed two more days in the place where He was. It was in those two days that Lazarus died.

It's so hard to understand why it is that God waits to do the things we ask of Him. It's good for us to remember, though, that He has His purposes for waiting. God was about to teach everyone involved a much deeper lesson here. As Yeshua raised Lazarus from the dead, He made sure they all understood that He is the resurrection and the life for all who believe.

God has His perfect timing for everything under heaven. You may be waiting for God to intervene in some area of your life. You may have been begging and pleading with God for years on that particular thing. But we can relax and know that God's timing is perfect. We never know what God is doing behind the scenes, in order that our joy would be made full. Remember that He knows best what would bless us most and He is working all things for those of us who love Him and are called according to His purposes.

Elaine, relax. God is in control. He has greater things for you than what you could ask or think!

Pahrump, Nevada

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Las Vegas this weekend and throughout California next week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 06 Feb 2018, 2:28 pm

Elaine, through the trials -- it is well with your soul!

Matthew 7:2-5 For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you. And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

A dear friend recently sent us this funny story and we couldn't help but share it with you.

One day a little girl was sitting and watching her mother do the dishes at the kitchen sink. She suddenly noticed that her mother had several strands of white hair sticking out in contrast upon her brunette head. She looked at her mother and inquisitively asked, "Mom, why are some of your hairs white?"

"Well", her mother replied, "every time that you do something wrong and make me cry or unhappy, one of my hairs turns white."

The little girl thought about this revelation for a while and then said, "Momma, how come all of Grandma's hairs are white?"

A funny story, yes -- but isn't it true that we're always looking for someone to blame for our imperfections? The Lord warned us about the danger of pointing out the faults of others. He said that people with planks in their eyes should not attempt to remove specks out of other people's eyes. Somehow, we lose sight of this so quickly! We are all still growing. None of us has arrived! We need to be aware of how the enemy tries to ensnare us in this way.

I don't know about you but I tend to agree with the person who said "The only person I want removing splinters out of my eyes is someone with a clear vision and a gentle touch!"

Elaine, let's ask the Lord to help us to see the ways we've been judgmental and become people with clear vision and a gentle touch! We should be building up one another and encouraging each other so that the work of the Lord may go forward and we may rejoice together in the blessing!

Pahrump, Nevada

Editor's Note: We're speaking in Las Vegas this weekend and throughout California next week! Be sure to see us while we're on the road! Check out our our updated calendar!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 35 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34, 35  Next