World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 43 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 43 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 2 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Thu 31 Aug 2023, 8:21 pm

Elaine, this is your oil change notice!

Psalm 92:10 [Amplified] But my horn [my emblem of strength and power] You have exalted like that of a wild ox; I am anointed with fresh oil [for Your service].

Luke 11:11-13 What father among you, if his son asks for a fish, will instead of a fish give him a serpent; or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

As my wife and I have been redeployed to the United States for a season we've traveled over 150,000 miles since 2020. Vehicles which deliver the kind of distances we travel need regular oil changes to stay reliable. So, our vehicles have enjoyed innumerable pit stops.

In the Scriptures the terms "oil" and "anointing" are common representations and/or invocations of the Spirit of God. The Amplified Bible's rendering for Psalm 92:10 says that David was "anointed with fresh oil" for YHVH's service.

The Gospels reveal that Yeshua (Jesus) often spent all night in prayer. No doubt, in addition to pouring out His heart to the Father and seeking wisdom, the Lord was also receiving fresh anointing, a holy "oil change" if you will, for the next day's labor.

The famed preacher, D.L. Moody once said, "“Before we pray that God would fill us, I believe we ought to pray Him to empty us.”

Elaine, during this month of Elul, our focus on repentance may involve emptying ourselves through deep confession and pouring out our hearts. It may also be a time of acknowledging our weakness and frailty and realizing again, our spiritual poverty. But the goal of all this is a deep and fresh infilling of holy "oil"; a renewed and wonderful apprehension of resurrection life, from God's Holy Spirit. Without Him we can do nothing, but in and with Him we can do all things. Pour out your heart before Him, and be replenished with a fresh anointing for loving service in His power.

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Dallas, TX)
(Wilmington, NC)

Editor's Note: We are planning our Fall Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 21 Aug 2023, 10:16 pm

Elaine, approach the season for repentance!

The Hebrew calendar month of Elul began on Saturday night. Each day during the month of Elul, a shofar blast is sounded to announce the coming month of Tishrei – wherein the festival of Yom Teruah – the feast of trumpets-- takes place, calling for all people to repent. Elul, therefore, is identified as a month during which a serious emphasis is placed on personal self-examination and repentance, an end-of-the-year opportunity to set our lives in order before Yom Teruah (Rosh Hashana), the Days of Awe, and finally, Yom Kippur.

The number "forty" throughout the Bible consistently denotes a season of probation, trial, or testing. For example, Yeshua fasted for 40 days in the wilderness before he was tested by Satan; the children of Israel wandered 40 years in the desert; Goliath tormented Israel 40 days before David stood up to the giant; God caused the rains to come down 40 days and 40 nights during the days of Noah, to name a few examples.

We in the Body of Messiah may also sense and identify with this season on the Lord's calendar if we choose, to initiate a time of self-inspection and reflection.

The Hebrew calendar extends to all of us an invitation to concentrate on and pray about the particular areas of our lives which need attention, adjustment, or even elimination. We can be sure that our Lord will honor and respond to a humble self-inquiry along the line of Psalm 139:23-24:

"Search me, O God, and know my heart; try me, and know my thoughts, and see if any wicked way is in me; and lead me in the way everlasting."

Elaine, while this ought to be an attitude we walk in all year round, perhaps a particular emphasis on it during this season will please the Lord, and prepare us for the times ahead.

(Baltimore, MD)

Editor's Note: We are planning our Fall Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 18 Aug 2023, 5:01 pm

Elaine, are you feeling worn out and weary?

Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Since I started Worthy News in 1999 there is one thing I have not seen in 24 years -- a day that there wasn't news to cover! I've not taken a so-called vacation since I started the ministry -- yet I don't feel worn out or weary. One day I was pondering to myself and thought, "why don't I feel worn out?"

Many people take vacations because they're exhausted from work, and need an extended rest to be restored and revitalized. Yet, ironically, more often than not, when they return home, they feel the need for another break to recover from the vacation they just took! Something is missing ... and I think it has to do with the essence of Yeshua's (Jesus) invitation, "Come unto me..."

Our relationship with Yeshua contains a promise of rest. His yoke is not a heavy yoke of "religious" performance, but an invitation to an intimate relationship which is restful and truly empowering. His joy will be our strength, and serving Him in that relationship will not make us weary or worn out, but actually invigorate, revitalize and re-energize us IF we are doing it with His help, His power.

When Yeshua was here on earth He was surrounded by those who were constantly in need. He faced harsh opposition, and rarely found any privacy. And even in those private times, when he secluded himself for rest -- we read that He didn't sleep, but rather He prayed through the night. Yeshua found His deepest rest in the presence of His Father.

Elaine, now, there's nothing wrong with vacations, and we all really do need to disconnect from our work routine from time to time, but are you feeling worn out or weary, or even close to "burn-out"? Then it's time to renew and refresh your relationship and allow Yeshua to give you His rest. Wait on the Lord, He will renew your strength, and His rest will restore your weary soul, revitalize your body, and empower you to continue in the vision and calling He gave to you. Find your rest in Him this weekend!
Shabbat Shalom!

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Aug 2023, 11:44 pm

Elaine, learn to lead!

Revelation 5:10 And have made us kings and priests to our God: and we shall reign on the earth.

We came across this interesting story, written by Steve Brown of Key Biscayne Florida.

In the eleventh century, King Henry III of Bavaria grew tired of court life and the pressures of being a monarch. He made application to Prior Richard at a local monastery, asking to be accepted as a contemplative and spend the rest of his life in the monastery. "Your Majesty," said Prior Richard, "do you understand that the pledge here is one of obedience? That will be hard because you have been a king." "I understand," said Henry. "The rest of my life I will be obedient to you, as Christ leads you." "Then I will tell you what to do," said Prior Richard. "Go back to your throne and serve faithfully in the place where God has put you." When King Henry died, a statement was written: "The King learned to rule by being obedient."

We are kings and priests! Furthermore, the Bible says that one day we will rule with Him! We need to get ourselves ready!

Elaine, are you weary of parenting, ministering, praying or whatever other assignments the Lord has given you for this season of your life? Please, be encouraged! God expects us to be faithful where he puts us, even in the small things. Stay strong in the Lord! God is preparing us for great things -- and our efforts for Him will not go unnoticed!

(Baltimore, MD)

Elaine, be broken and filled with His anointing!

Mark 14:3 And being in Bethany in the house of Simon the leper, as he sat at meat, there came a woman having an alabaster box of ointment of spikenard very precious; and she brake the box, and poured it on his head.

This touching story of how Yeshua (Jesus) was anointed before His crucifixion carries a beautiful illustration that has ministered to me time and again. I have wondered why the alabaster box needed to be broken when Mary could have simply opened it and poured out the nard; (extremely expensive and precious perfume which might have been Mary's dowry). One commentator said that she refused to use that box for any other purpose after anointing Him. That would make sense if it was Mary's dowry because it would be an expression of a bridal vow to Yeshua and no one else. But whatever the motive in her heart, Mary's example speaks powerfully of the total devotion and commitment her soul had for Yeshua, her will to give the best of everything she had; and it speaks of brokenness followed by anointing and its beautiful fragrance. So I believe this act is an illustration meant to encourage every devoted soul whose offering of herself brings circumstances which "break" her. The fragrance of perfume following the breaking "fills the room".

Broken people "smell" different. Their humility and love are an ambiance that is unmistakable. Being broken before the Lord affects everyone around...as the Apostle Paul said, "... we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing;" [2 Corinthians 2:15]. And Paul was a broken man.

We should never be ashamed to be broken, even if we are criticized by those around us, as Mary was. The Lord's commendation of her has traveled around the world for 2,000 years and inspired millions of believers in circumstances that break them. God will not deny a broken heart and a contrite spirit. When we offer ourselves and our most precious things, whether they be material, personal, dreams, longings, loved ones, or our very destinies, on the altar of sacrifice, it is then that God’s anointing will be greatest upon us. It will pour out of us like the ointment from that broken alabaster box -- and His pleasure in us will "fill the room".

Elaine, know that when you offer your best to the Lord your hard beautiful stone box will be broken, and after that, the fragrance of your life will be beautiful wherever you go.

(Baltimore, MD)

Elaine, meet your enemy!

1 Chron. 14:8, 10 And when the Philistines heard that David had been anointed king over all Israel, all the Philistines went up to seek David. And David heard of it, and went out against them. And David inquired of God, saying, "Shall I go up against the Philistines? and will You deliver them into my hand?" And the LORD said to him, "Go up; for I will deliver them into your hand."

Doesn't it seem like just when we get that much needed breakthrough, suddenly the enemy comes to attack? In this passage we read how the Philistines heard that David was anointed King and quickly assembled together to seek and destroy him. And what does David do? Does he become fearful? No. Does he hide? No! David goes out to meet them! And God delivered the enemy into his hand. We must be aware that the enemy of our souls goes forth as a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. As believers in the Lord, we have been anointed as kings and priests of the Most High, with even a greater anointing than David! And He has called us to depend on Him for the victory in all our battles!

We need to get ourselves prepared. We need to get our spiritual armor on for the battle ahead.

Elaine, you may be in a situation where it seems the enemy is attacking from every side -- but fear not! The Lord wants to deliver the enemy into our hands! We simply need to go out to meet them and watch the Lord gain the victory!

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Aug 2023, 9:58 pm

Elaine, walk in the power of the resurrection!

Ecclesiastes 3:11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. Also He has put eternity in their hearts, except that no one can find out the work that God does from beginning to end.

Philippians 3:9-11 and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith; that I may know Him and the power of His resurrection, and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death, if, by any means, I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Numerous modern critics of the Bible say the resurrection of Yeshua (Jesus) is simply a myth based on pagan stories of "resurrected gods" from around the world, and that the authors of the New Testament borrowed from these myths and incorporated them into the Bible. But the similarity of two stories proves nothing about their origin or truth content. The Jews of Yeshua's time were steeped in Old Testament monotheism which had a well-developed tradition of resurrection believed and taught by the Pharisees. Polytheistic pagan ideas would have been abhorrent to men who understood and practiced the Judaism of the apostles and New Testament writers.

But the strongest evidence for the historical truth of Yeshua's bodily resurrection comes from the testimony and lives of its eyewitnesses. Eleven of the twelve apostles suffered violent deaths for simply refusing to renounce their conviction and stop preaching the message that Yeshua was alive, that he was the Son of God and the savior of the world. People don't generally give their lives for something which they know to be untrue. But they had seen, touched, and eaten with him after his crucifixion, and they were filled with wonder. And because the apostles lived in the power of the resurrection, their message went out to the whole world, not as a pagan myth, but as a deep revelation of life-changing truth and hope, for which they were willing to suffer and even give their lives.

King Solomon wrote: "He (God) has placed eternity in the hearts of men..."; [Ecclesiastes 3:11] The resurrection stories of ancient pagan civilizations point to this deep desire in the hearts of men...to be resurrected and to live forever. Is it such a strange thing to hope that there is life after death?

Elaine, we know that the resurrection of Yeshua is true because it has been revealed to us by God Himself, and because of what it has accomplished in our own lives. Our faith is a conviction centered in this one historical fact, and evidenced by the undeniable effect it has upon us. Resurrection of the dead is not a myth or a fable, and resurrection power from God's Holy Spirit is the very source of our new life. Live in the real power of the resurrection. It will transform everything you are and everything you do...especially knowing that you too, will soon obtain the resurrection from the dead, a glorified body just like the Lord's!

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Aug 2023, 1:39 pm

Elaine, beware of seduction!

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

In Ancient Greece, mythology and history were hard to distinguish. Tales of gods and demigods abounded. The chief god of Mount Olympus was Zeus. It is told that Zeus became enamored with the princess Europa and decided to seduce and ravish her. Zeus shape-shifted, transforming himself into a tame white bull. Europa, the daughter of King Agenor of Sidon, was picking flowers, when she saw the bull, and then climbed on his back. Zeus carried her away. The Romans later recounted the tale which became known as the "seduction of Europa", (with the Roman "Jupiter" replacing Zeus).

It seems telling that modern Europe has adopted this story and symbol as an identifying emblem: a "Woman riding a Beast", known as "Europa". The symbol is depicted on Euro coins; sculptures of Europa adorn important European buildings, and the dual figure is in plain sight throughout the European continent.

Europe gave birth to the Enlightenment period, which emphasized reason and individualism. Also in Europe the Bible was first translated and printed in different languages. The small continent saw the birth of the Protestant Reformation which eventually gave rise to a new age of missionary activity unmatched since the time of the apostles. The two streams of Faith and Reason have since competed in Europe, yet all the while Europa seems to have perpetuated her pagan influence in this region, notwithstanding the centuries of Christianity on European soil. Can it be accidental that Europa, a powerful pagan symbol of lust and idolatry, epitomizes European culture and identity? Has Europe been seduced by Greece? And what about the church?|

The author of Ecclesiastes repines, "There is nothing new under the sun." The book of Exodus recounts YHVH's deliverance of the children of Israel with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, yet, Israel too was somehow seduced into idol worship of a golden calf through Egyptian religious influence which they carried out with them.

Do we think we are immune to seduction? Our enemy has studied us and has been practicing his art for thousands of years. An "angel of light" [2 Cor. 11:14], is how he disguises himself; a deceiving wolf dressed up in wool. The last days will witness a great apostasy, [2 Thes. 2:3-4] a turning away from Biblical faith.

Elaine, we need to know our God and His Word! We need to understand Satan's schemes [2 Corinthians 2:11], and discern and expose them [Ephesians 5:11]. The enemy is subtle and he knows how to mix lies into truth -- however our protection is truly knowing and loving Yeshua (Jesus), living in His Word, continuing in prayer, and being watchful. The days are evil and the Word even says if it were possible even the elect would be deceived! Don't be seduced; but stay close to the cross, for there is a strong delusion coming [2 Thessalonians 2:11], and many will believe what is false!

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Aug 2023, 8:48 pm

Elaine, your victory is near!

1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world -- our faith.

Growing up, one of my favorite Saturday activities was watching ABC Sports. I can still remember the opening line -- “The thrill of victory or the agony of defeat!” One of the greatest prophets of the Bible, Elijah, experienced his share of victories -- but he also knew that sudden feeling of defeat. If you recall, Elijah was on Mount Carmel, the only prophet of the Lord standing against four hundred and fifty prophets of Baal. (2 Kings 18) When it was all said and done, Elijah was absolutely victorious! But wouldn't you know that in the next chapter, we find Elijah under a juniper tree saying -- “Lord take my life!” (2 Kings 19:4)

We’re so quick to forget the victories that the Lord has given us, aren’t we? There are countless examples of great men of God who struggled this way. If they can go from victory to defeat so easily, how much more are we susceptible to the same attacks of the enemy? We must remember that this is precisely what they are -- attacks of the enemy upon our lives -- attempting to draw our attention away from all that God has done.

Elaine, if you are finding yourself in the midst of a valley -- try focusing on the victories the Lord has already displayed in your life. And more importantly, focus on the power of victory you can walk with today!

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Aug 2023, 12:18 am

Elaine, don't faint, you're being renewed!

2 Corinthians 4:16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

There is a process going on in us believers. Since the day the Holy Spirit came to dwell in us He has been at work with perfect wisdom and supernatural power to renew and transform our character, to some extent, our personality, and even our physical body. Our outward man, this mortal body with its natural weakness and sinful ways was doomed to death and is "wasting away" even now. Yet a new life dwells within this clay jar, and that life is constantly at work having a profound effect on the body which contains it. The Holy Spirit is working renewal, the manifestation of God in and with us.

Real estate developers do something similar. They buy a piece of property that is terribly run down, seemingly useless, without much value to the naked eye...and reform it completely, from the inside out. With great skill and vision, they know what to keep, what to get rid of, what part of the property needs renovation, refurbishing, or complete rebuilding. So it is with God and us. He knows everything that comprises our life from the moment of conception; our gifts, abilities, strengths, weaknesses, wounds, and all the characteristics of our personalities. And He wants to completely renovate us according to the vision He has for our lives, which is much greater than we can imagine. He has purchased the "property" of our lives, with His blood, and His Holy Spirit is powerfully and skillfully at work developing the Lord's "real estate"!

Elaine, your life is in good hands. Your Developer knows exactly what He's doing with you. You might be a little tired or discouraged, run-down, or even wrecked in some places, but soon, you will sense, once again that He is building, renovating, and renewing you in the best possible way...for eternity.

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Aug 2023, 8:47 pm

Elaine, unify, around our king!

1 Chronicles 12:38 All these men of war, who could keep ranks, came to Hebron with a loyal heart, to make David king over all Israel; and all the rest of Israel were of one mind to make David king.

The mighty men that followed David were of one mind and heart to make him King. Their recognition of David's anointing may have been the most significant quality of these Mighty Men. What was it in David that drew out this deep loyalty? I believe it was God's Holy Spirit which David received when Samuel anointed him king.[1 Samuel 16:13].

"Mashiach" literally means "anointed"; so David was a "mashiach". "Yeshua ha Mashiach" translated literally into English is, "Jesus the Anointed". David received the Holy Spirit from the moment of his anointing by Samuel as future king of Israel. As the anointed Son of David, and Son of God, Yeshua is our eternal king.

The anointing on David's life, and the unity of his mighty men and their devotion to make him king, inspired all of Israel. The entire nation was inspired to crown him their king. What a picture of spiritual unity for us as lovers of our King/Messiah! If we love our King the way they loved David, we will also be drawn into great unity of heart and mind, as they were.

Elaine, now, as the storms gather, as our enemies plot our destruction, we must realize and recognize our oneness in Yeshua. Whatever disagreements we may nurture, they must pale in comparison to the love and loyalty we share toward our beloved King. Just as Israel loved and was utterly devoted to David, so, even more, can we be drawn together by the magnificent anointing of our Messiah, King of the Universe.

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Aug 2023, 2:04 pm

Worthy Brief
Worthy Brief - August 7, 2023
Elaine, have an undivided heart!
1 Chronicles 12:33 Of Zebulun, there were 50,000 who went out in the army, who could draw up in battle formation with all kinds of weapons of war and helped David with an undivided heart.

Colossians 3:23-25 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

50,000 soldiers from the tribe of Zebulun served in David's army with UNDIVIDED (some translations: "not double-hearted") hearts. Can you imagine a skilled army with this level of loyalty and devotion?

An undivided heart is one of the most powerful things on earth. Singleness of purpose will flow from the life of a person whose heart is undivided. Couples whose hearts are devoted to the Lord this way will preserve their marriages, no matter how difficult their issues and problems become. Intercessors whose hearts are filled with a single purpose will ultimately demolish terrible strongholds. Missionaries with vision and absolute loyalty, will be able to take entire nations for Christ. One woman will pour out ointment worth a year's salary on her savior's head. An undivided heart is one of the most powerful things on earth.

Yeshua (Jesus) inspires and empowers undivided hearts. If you really know him well, you will be very much like the men of Zebulun were in their loyalty toward David.

Elaine, check your heart. Is it inspired by the beauty, heroism, and love of the Messiah? If not, you just don't know him well enough.

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Aug 2023, 4:30 pm

Elaine, you're helping to build the army of God!

1 Chronicles 12:21-22 And they helped David against the bands of raiders, for they were all mighty men of valor, and they were captains in the army. For at that time they came to David day by day to help him, until it was a great army, like the army of God.

Hebrews 10:25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as is the manner of some, but exhorting one another, and so much the more as you see the Day approaching.

A program by National Geographic gives a powerful illustration for us. In the great annual wildebeest migration in Serengeti National Park in Africa a giant herd, thousands of wildebeest, slowly move in groups across the plain. They are invariably followed by stalking lions. But the lions never attack the herd - they simply watch carefully for the stray wildebeest, either careless or seeking greener grass, who separates himself from the larger groups of animals. The isolated wildebeest will become the sudden prey of the lions who attack with lightening speed and ferocity.

In spiritual warfare isolation is equally dangerous, as our enemy roams like a roaring lion looking for separated brethren to prey upon. We all need real relationship and spiritual community for protection against our enemy who is constantly stalking vulnerable prey. It's not enough to simply "go to church". We need to be the community of believers, actively participating in loving, serving, praying, counseling, encouraging, admonishing, eating, rejoicing, weeping, and forgiving as the family of God.

Elaine, far too many believers are isolated, and seriously vulnerable to the attacks of Satan. Are you one of them? Do you know someone who is in this dangerous condition? David's army was successful and safe because they were together in mind heart and purpose. Wildebeest, as well, survive when they stick together. Find your spiritual community and be faithful to it. It should not be a formality, but a family reality with a warfare mentality.

Have a great weekend ... Shabbat Shalom!

(Baltimore, MD)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Aug 2023, 3:28 pm

Elaine, don't procrastinate!

1 Chronicles 12:15 These are they that went over Jordan in the first month, when it had overflown all his banks; and they put to flight all them of the valleys, both toward the east, and toward the west.

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

As we continue our study of the Mighty Men of David, another quality is worth pointing out -- they were not procrastinators. Notice that these men decided to cross the Jordan river when it was at flood stage! They didn't wait till the river receded, but rather, boldly crossed when it was the most dangerous!

And because of this boldness -- remember in our previous study they were described as mighty men whose faces were like the faces of lions with the swiftness of gazelles -- they crossed the river without fear or hesitation. Their boldness and courage set fear into the hearts of their enemies who trembled before the spirit of these men, and fled before them to the east and to the west!

Elaine, in these last days the enemy of our souls would love to strike terror in our hearts, but there is only ONE whom we should fear, with a reverential and Holy fear -- our awesome Creator! Is there an obstacle before you today -- a "flooded river" that stands to stop your advance? Don't procrastinate if you know the Lord's will -- go boldly, press forward, without hesitation! He will go before you and strike fear in the hearts of your enemies!

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Aug 2023, 9:00 pm

Elaine, have the boldness of lions!
1 Chronicles 12: 8 Some Gadites joined David at the stronghold in the wilderness, mighty men of valor, men trained for battle, who could handle shield and spear, whose faces were like the faces of lions, and were as swift as gazelles on the mountains:
Luke 10:19 Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.
As we continue our study of the men who followed David, let's look at their boldness -- the boldness of lions! We also need this boldness in the face of the enemy who is "like a lion", himself....a roaring lion. While it is true that the devil received a fatal wound at Calvary, he is still roaming, dangerous, and seeking whom he may devour. We need to stand bold as a lion against him, for we have the "lion of Judah" [Revelation 5:5] as our Captain, ready to defend us. And greater is He that is in us than he that is in the world.

David's mighty men were gifted and fearless warriors. They also had a powerful and courageous leader whose righteousness, faith, and humility, were a great inspiration. A strong, courageous and righteous leader will bring out the best in his followers. David's men of valor were bold as lions and swift as gazelles.

But our Captain Yeshua (Jesus), is the the most courageous, humble, and righteous leader who ever existed, and his power is ultimate. He has given us to partake of these qualities, and when we do, we can walk in authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and triumph over all the power of the enemy.

Elaine, the mighty men of David present a great example for us in our spiritual warfare. They must have been fearsome to the enemies of Israel. Following Yeshua closely, we also will cause the enemies of God to tremble and flee. Bold in Him, we will be invincible -- bold as lions and swift as gazelles!

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 31 Jul 2023, 6:13 pm

Worthy Brief - July 31, 2023
Elaine, your commander has enlisted you!

1 Chronicles 12:1 Now these were the men who came to David at Ziklag while he was still a fugitive from Saul the son of Kish; and they were among the mighty men, helpers in the war,

2 Timothy 2:4 No one engaged in warfare entangles himself with the affairs of this life, that he may please him who enlisted him as a soldier.

When David was a fugitive from Saul, the men who followed him recognized his rightful place as King of Israel, and they developed a deep loyalty to him, this little band. As we read yesterday, these men were transformed from distress, debt, and discontentment [1 Sam. 22:1-2] into becoming mighty men of war. Having joined David, they quickly realized that they were joining a conflict.

But new believers may not immediately realize that they have recently entered the greatest war of all-time  -- the war between good and evil! Claiming the faith of Yeshua (Jesus), they are instantaneously thrust into a battle with an enemy who seeks to rob, kill and destroy them. [John 10:10] So, even with the powerful protection of a loving Father, they may find themselves dodging bullets, or even taking hits from the enemy, as they wake up to the unavoidable reality of spiritual warfare; and this vulnerable time can be discouraging, even to the point of wanting to give up the faith, especially if they weren't warned or prepared at all for the conflict...

When we choose to follow Yeshua we should realize we have been enlisted into a spiritual army, of which He is the General. And as we mature, taking more responsibility, we realize the danger and wastefulness of becoming entangled with the affairs of this life. This can take time, but little by little, with plenty of practice, we become equipped and experienced with the spiritual weapons that are necessary for real victory against the enemy of our souls!

Elaine, wake up to the warfare, stay in training, fight the good fight; the joy of spiritual victory is so worth every effort!

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 28 Jul 2023, 3:32 pm

Elaine, you are free to rest!

Deut. 5:14-15 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your God. On it you shall not do any work, you or your son or your daughter or your male servant or your female servant, or your ox or your donkey or any of your livestock, or the sojourner who is within your gates, that your male servant and your female servant may rest as well as you. You shall remember that you were a slave in the land of Egypt, and the LORD your God brought you out from there with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm. Therefore the LORD your God commanded you to keep the Sabbath day.

When the children of Israel were enslaved under Pharaoh, they were forced to labor seven days a week, working relentlessly without a break. Can you imagine doing hard labor for years on end without a break? This was Israel’s reality in Egypt.

In His great mercy, God sent Moses to free them from bondage. He gave them ten commandments, one of them being to take a Sabbath REST. In the above passage, God calls the children of Israel to remember that they were slaves and to remember His great redemption in connection to their Shabbat.

In a similar way, we too were once slaves. We were enslaved to sin and unrighteousness, and all the entanglements and snares that come with it. But in His great mercy, God sent Yeshua to set us free from all these things and commanded us to rest in His finished work.

Elaine, this Sabbath, let us remember from where we came. For He has promised to all who labor and are heavy laden … REST. [ Matthew 11:28-30 ] So then, there remains a rest for the people of God! [ Hebrews 4:9 ]. Enjoy your Shabbat resting in Him! Shabbat Shalom!

(Greenville, SC)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 26 Jul 2023, 11:12 pm

Elaine, bloom where you're planted!

1 Cor 12:12  For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ. 

An ancient legend tells of a king who walked into his garden one day to find almost everything withered and dying. After speaking to an oak near the gate, the king learned that he was troubled because he was not tall and beautiful like the pine. The pine overheard their conversation and added that she, too, was upset, for she could not bear delicious fruit like the pear tree. The pear tree heard his name and began to complain that he did not have the lovely odor of the spruce. And so it went throughout the entire garden.

Near the very edge of the garden grew a little daisy. As the king approached, he noticed her bright little face, full of life. "Well, little flower," said the monarch, "I'm glad to find that there is at least one happy face in my garden."

"Oh king," she said, "I know I'm little, and not many people notice me, but one day I realized that you if planted me here, you must have had a good reason. So, your majesty, I've determined to be the best little flower I can be!"

Our King has planted a beautiful garden. Not one of us is greater than the next. It is His perfection.

We must come to a place where we trust that God has a reason for creating us the way He has and has planted us in just the place he desired. Comparing ourselves with one another will only make us wither. When we become satisfied with His creation (that is us), that's when we'll find true happiness".. and we will shine.

Elaine, let's give God our all our disappointments and be determined to be the best that we can be for Him!2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

(Baltimore, MD)

Editor's Note: Just wanted to share an exciting article written about my wife and our ministry. Also a link to her recent single that seems to be going viral. It is extremely timely and relevant for the day in which we are living. If you are fighting a battle, or you know some people who are, send it to them and sing it with us! God will have the victory!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 25 Jul 2023, 10:10 pm

Elaine, put out the fire!

2 Corinthians 1:20 For all the promises of God in him are yea, and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.

In the midst of a serious heat wave, wildfires are spreading across Europe causing thousands to evacuate. This reminded me of a story I once read.

When a power plant in a tiny village in Alaska caught fire one evening, a local fire truck stood, unused, in perfect working condition as the plant burnt to the ground. Damage to the plant was great. And why did this state of the art firetruck go unused? So sad... simply nobody in the town knew how to operate it.

This is what I realized. Amidst the everyday fires we face in our lives, God has given us precious, perfectly good working, state of the art promises. Unfortunately, it seems that either we are ignorant of them or fail to know how to operate them!

D.L. Moody says that many of the promises God has given to His people, to us, "seem to be pretty pictures of an ideal peace and rest, but are not appropriated as practical helps in daily life. And not one of these promises is more neglected that the assurance of salvation. An open Bible places them within reach of all, and we may appropriate the blessing which such a knowledge brings.”

Elaine, are you burning to put God's promises to work in your life today?? I know I am! Let's get into God's Word, get to know the depth of His commitment to us, and put His wonderful promises to action!

(Baltimore, MD)

Editor's Note: Just wanted to share an exciting article written about my wife and our ministry. Also a link to her recent single that seems to be going viral. It is extremely timely and relevant for the day in which we are living. If you are fighting a battle, or you know some people who are, send it to them and sing it with us! God will have the victory!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 25 Jul 2023, 12:15 am

Elaine, kiss the Son, lest he be angry!
Psalms 2:10-12 Be wise now therefore, O ye kings: be instructed, ye judges of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and ye perish from the way, when his wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in him.

Revelation 5:12-13 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing. And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.

In the beginning of Psalm 2, David points out that the kings of the earth are against the Lord and his "anointed" [Mashiach "Messiah" in Hebrew]. David recognized the true authority of God and advises the kings and rulers of the world, as well as their subjects, to "kiss the Son, lest he be angry." The act of "kissing the Son" would be one of homage to a king, and would indicate submission to the kingship of the Son. Those who are wise will do so before the Son, the Messiah, comes to judge the world!

Men have often tried to appear holy and righteous before other men - but God is seeking those who will worship Him in "spirit and in truth". This reminds me of a story of Francois Fenelon.

In the 17th century, Fenelon was the court preacher for King Louis XIV of France. On one particular Sunday when the King and his attendants arrived at the chapel for the regular service, there was no one else present except the preacher, himself.

"What does this mean?", King Louis demanded.

"I had published that you would not come to church today, in order that your Majesty might see who serves God in truth and who flatters the King," Fenelon replied.

Elaine, let's be sure that our worship of God is true and faithful and that we aren't trying to please men in doing so. Serve the Lord with a Godly reverence for who He is, and what His Son has done for you, since He is worthy of your worship, and... He is looking at your heart.

(Baltimore, MD)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Jul 2023, 11:36 pm

Elaine, can we be trusted?

1 John 3:16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers.

"On Sunday, believers arrived at a house church in the Soviet Union in small groups throughout the day so as not to arouse the suspicion of KGB informers. They began by singing a hymn quietly. Suddenly, in walked two soldiers with loaded weapons at the ready.

One shouted, "If you wish to renounce your commitment to Jesus Christ, leave now!" Two or three quickly left, then another. After a few more seconds, two more. "This is your last chance. Either turn against your faith in Christ," he ordered, "or stay and suffer the consequences."

Two more slipped out into the night. No one else moved. Parents with children trembling beside them looked down reassuringly, fully expecting to be gunned down or imprisoned. The other soldier closed the door, looked back at those who stood against the wall, and said, "Keep your hands up--but this time in praise to our Lord Jesus Christ. We, too, are Christians. We were sent to another house church several weeks ago to arrest a group of believers." The other soldier interrupted, "But, instead, we were converted! We have learned by experience, however, that unless people are willing to die for their faith, they cannot be fully trusted." (From "Living Above the Level of Mediocrity," by Chuck Swindoll).

Wow. Can you imagine being faced with a decision to run or die for our faith? We are living in a day where this could very well become reality! But how many of us would be willing to stand?

Elaine, let's start deepening our relationship with the Lord today because when you come to a place where you are willing to die for the Lord ... then how much easier is it to live for Him!

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Jul 2023, 11:17 pm

Elaine, stand alongside your brother!
1 Chronicles 12:16-18 Then some of the sons of Benjamin and Judah came to David at the stronghold. And David went out to meet them, and answered and said to them, "If you have come peaceably to me to help me, my heart will be united with you; but if to betray me to my enemies, since there is no wrong in my hands, may the God of our fathers look and bring judgment." Then the Spirit came upon Amasai, chief of the captains, and he said: "We are yours, O David; We are on your side, O son of Jesse! Peace, peace to you, And peace to your helpers! For your God helps you." So David received them, and made them captains of the troop.

Mark 6:7 And He called the twelve to Himself, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits.

As David grew in stature those who stood by him increased in number, devoting themselves to fight with him. Though it was a time of adversity for David, and a time of warfare, he found that there were many willing to join their lives to his; "...a brother is born for adversity"; and "there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother". Again we note that David's anointing and his character made him a friend to many...and many became his loyal friends.

When Yeshua (Jesus) sent his disciples out, He never sent them alone -- He sent them two by two; and no doubt these pairs of disciples developed deep loyalty, unity and friendship as they proclaimed the kingdom and faced the powers of darkness together.
Elaine, how would you describe your friendships in the Body of Messiah? Do you feel isolated, fighting battles alone? Do you know others who are in that condition? With the battles now raging, it's more important than ever to be a friend, and to really know who your friends are. May the Lord grant each one of us loyal and faithful friendships as we fight the good fight.
(Baltimore, MD)

Elaine, don't be chicken!
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

While walking through the forest one day, a farmer found a young eagle who had apparently fallen out of his nest. He took it home and put it in his barnyard with his chickens and there it stayed for years. It wasn't long before the little eagle learned to eat and behave like the chickens.

One day a naturalist passed by the farm and saw the eagle confined in the barnyard with the chickens. When he inquired about this strange sight, the farmer told the man his story. "Unfortunately," said the farmer, "the poor little guy just never learned to fly." "Still," the naturalist sighed, "he has the heart of an eagle and can surely be taught. Will you allow me to work with him?" The farmer agreed, but with much disbelief.

The naturalist picked up the eagle and lifted him toward the sky and said, "You belong to the sky and not to the earth. Stretch forth your wings and fly." The eagle, however, was confused. He did not know who he was, and seeing the chickens eating their food, he jumped down to be with them again. The naturalist took the bird to the roof of the house and urged him again, saying, "You are an eagle. Stretch forth your wings and fly." But the eagle was afraid and jumped down once again to be with his chicken friends. Finally the naturalist took the eagle out of the barnyard to a high mountain. There he held the king of the birds high above him and encouraged him again, saying, "You are an eagle. You belong to the sky. Stretch forth your wings and fly!" The eagle looked around, back towards the barnyard and then up to the sky. Slowly, he stretched his wings, and with a triumphant cry, he soared away into the heavens.

Somewhere along the line, we like this poor young eagle, were put in a lowly barn with the chickens of the world around us. We learned to live and eat from the ground and grew up believing that there was not much more to do than sit and cluck all day.

But the reality is that we are eagles! We were created to fly and even soar! God has great purpose for our lives! If we would only realize who we are in Him!

Elaine, let's remember who we are today and stop acting like chickens! We are the head and not the tail! We are Kings and Priests! We have great things to do for the Kingdom!

(Baltimore, MD)

Elaine, avoid quarreling!

2 Timothy 2:23-26 Have nothing to do with foolish, ignorant controversies; you know that they breed quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

The world of social media produces a constant flow of profound debates. For example, last night a decorated journalist on Twitter offered a joy-rave that finally, dogs live in the White House again. Earlier rants about ice cream or the color scheme of Air Force One have now yielded to the political significance of pet dogs!

This produced in me a strong temptation to publish a rant about the pathetic nature of journalism today... but right before I hit "enter" the Lord gently whispered, "Avoid foolish and ignorant controversies..."

Thoughtless, yet heated words on social media and elsewhere (including far too many church meetings) stir the flesh and produce useless arguments, cynical rants, hurt feelings, wasted time and energy, and worst of all a lost opportunity for real, edifying communication.

When Paul penned this advice to Timothy, it was written from a Roman prison to mentor the young pastor concerning foolish, ignorant controversies. Critical doctrine aside, Paul’s instruction warned Timothy and all serious believers to recognize superficial conversations that pretend to be significant but serve to generate quarrels. Wise people will stay out of such conversations. Nevertheless, they will also learn to recognize when a controversy contains important spiritual issues, and when it does, they will carefully and patiently express the truth without quarreling, fully confident that God's Holy Spirit alone is able to effectively persuade those in error. Love and gentleness have a way of expressing truth powerfully, and kindness may endear even nasty political enemies.

Elaine, so, stay out of foolish and stupid controversies — because they will generate quarrels. Learn when a real opportunity to express truth appears, and then, just speak the truth in love.

(Baltimore, MD)

Worthy Brief - July 21, 2023
Elaine, understand the blessing of stewardship!

Matthew 6:19-21 Do not lay up treasures on earth for yourselves, where moth and rust corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal. But lay up treasures in Heaven for yourselves, where neither moth nor rust corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Shabbat can help us to understand our stewardship of earthly goods as we enter a day of rest. Since everything in and on Earth belongs to the LORD, all we own and all we are responsible for belongs to Him and is under His primary care. “The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it.” [Psalm 24:1] A biblical understanding of ownership recognizes this truth which becomes a blessing and a relief for believers who acknowledge it. We are free from the worry and care concerning earthly goods especially as we consecrate all we own to Him. As the saying goes, "You can't take it with you." Or as Job remarked, "Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. [Job 1:21]

That being said, the blessing of stewardship is a profound reality with daily opportunities which bear eternal consequences. Far from worrying about our stuff, we're far better reminding ourselves that all of our resources can be set apart for good and holy purposes. As stewards, we have both the responsibility and opportunity to manage God’s possessions here, and thus, store treasure "there" in Heaven...

Elaine, so this Shabbat, consider your possessions. Don't worry about them; offer them to the LORD, the great steward of Creation, asking Him to give you wisdom and generosity as He delegates your earthly stewardship. Rejoice in His Freedom, His blessings, and His Life, knowing that all you have here in this world will pass away, and only what you have done with it will remain. Realize the only thing you can truly own is your relationship with God, and that you will find your heart where your treasure is. And rest in offering all you are and have to the best Steward of all. Shabbat Shalom!

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 18 Jul 2023, 9:31 am

Worthy Brief - July 17, 2023
Elaine, don't be chicken!

Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

While walking through the forest one day, a farmer found a young eagle who had apparently fallen out of his nest. He took it home and put it in his barnyard with his chickens and there it stayed for years. It wasn't long before the little eagle learned to eat and behave like the chickens.

One day a naturalist passed by the farm and saw the eagle confined in the barnyard with the chickens. When he inquired about this strange sight, the farmer told the man his story. "Unfortunately," said the farmer, "the poor little guy just never learned to fly." "Still," the naturalist sighed, "he has the heart of an eagle and can surely be taught. Will you allow me to work with him?" The farmer agreed, but with much disbelief.

The naturalist picked up the eagle and lifted him toward the sky and said, "You belong to the sky and not to the earth. Stretch forth your wings and fly." The eagle, however, was confused. He did not know who he was, and seeing the chickens eating their food, he jumped down to be with them again. The naturalist took the bird to the roof of the house and urged him again, saying, "You are an eagle. Stretch forth your wings and fly." But the eagle was afraid and jumped down once again to be with his chicken friends. Finally the naturalist took the eagle out of the barnyard to a high mountain. There he held the king of the birds high above him and encouraged him again, saying, "You are an eagle. You belong to the sky. Stretch forth your wings and fly!" The eagle looked around, back towards the barnyard and then up to the sky. Slowly, he stretched his wings, and with a triumphant cry, he soared away into the heavens.

Somewhere along the line, we like this poor young eagle, were put in a lowly barn with the chickens of the world around us. We learned to live and eat from the ground and grew up believing that there was not much more to do than sit and cluck all day.

But the reality is that we are eagles! We were created to fly and even soar! God has great purpose for our lives! If we would only realize who we are in Him!

Elaine, let's remember who we are today and stop acting like chickens! We are the head and not the tail! We are Kings and Priests! We have great things to do for the Kingdom!

(Baltimore, MD)

Around the World
Iran Resumes Enforcing Hijab After Deadly Protests
Iran warned Sunday that its morality police would resume patrols to force women to wear headscarves in public, 10 months after the death of a young woman in custody sparked nationwide protests in which hundreds died.
Thousands Attend Budapest Pride Protesting Hungary’s LGBT Law
Thousands attended the Budapest Pride March in Hungary’s capital to express anger about a crackdown on LGBTQI+ community depictions by the rightwing government, which supports “traditional families and Christian values.”
Europe, US Facing Dangerous Heatwaves
Dangerous heatwaves were due to intensify in the United States and Europe, with one in three Americans, about 113 million people, under heat advisories: from Florida to California and up to Washington state.
Hungary Fines Retailer For Selling Gay Novel To Youth
Hungarian authorities have fined a national bookseller for selling a British graphic novel without closed wrapping - saying it violates a law prohibiting the depiction of homosexuality to minors.

Israel-Palestinian Conflict
Netanyahu Allies ‘Shocked’ Israel’s High Court will Hear Petition to Disqualify Prime Minister
Leaders in the coalition government of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said they were "shocked" that a judge on Israel's High Court of Justice decided Thursday that the court will hear a petition from a Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) to have the prime minister disqualified from office.
Biblical red heifer could bring million visitors to Samaria
Hundreds of visitors flocked to Shiloh in Samaria’s Binyamin region on Thursday to welcome a biblically pure red heifer.

Inside the United States
Despite Supreme Court ruling, Biden unveils $39 billion in new student loan debt forgiveness
Just weeks removed from a Supreme Court ruling that declared its student loan forgiveness program unconstitutional, the Biden administration on Friday announced new relief for students that will cancel $39 billion in debt for more than 804,000 past students.
Biotech Lab Working to Create Lab-Grown Human Eggs
A Berkeley, California, biotech startup is working to create lab-grown human eggs, which its owners say will revolutionize how humans reproduce.

Christian News
Angry Muslim Crowds Try To Attack Pakistan Christians
Muslim crowds threatened Sunday to attack thousands of Christians in a predominantly Christian town in Pakistan’s Punjab province for alleged blasphemy against Islam.
Letters to the Editor
WOW! You hit the nail on the head with this one and I am trusting in Yah to get me through this and guide me in the right direction. Thank you for the words of encouragement and confirmation.

Editor's Note: If you would like to submit a note to the editor, simply hit reply. Be sure to add your name and location!

Support our Ministry

Elaine, if our ministry has blessed you, consider supporting Worthy Ministries with a tax-deductible gift! You can give online OR send gifts to:

Worthy Ministries
P.O. Box 78758
Nashville, TN 37207

Please include your email address in the memo section of your check or money order so we can keep in touch a bit easier than sending mail overseas.

Looking for Intercessors
We're looking for intercessors to pray for our ministry online and in Israel. If you're interested, please send an email to george [@] worthyministries.com.

Be sure to submit any prayer requests you may have to the Worthy Prayer Team!

IMPORTANT NOTE: To ensure delivery of your Worthy Brief please add worthynewsbrief [@] worthynetwork.com to your address book or approved senders list.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Jul 2023, 9:22 pm

Elaine, you're under construction!

Hebrews 11:10 For he was looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God.

Hebrews 11:39-40 And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, did not receive the promise, for God had provided some better thing for us, that they should not be made perfect without us.

Driving throughout the United States we're noticing more construction sites than ever. In part, it's because we normally travel during the winter when many construction areas are not active, but now during the summer, they seem to be EVERYWHERE! Construction sites are normally messy, as wood, concrete, supplies, and equipment are strewn all over the place. Yet, it's well understood that the architect and his foreman know exactly what's going on toward accomplishing the finished product.

We too, are buildings under construction, and the site (or sight of us) is often messy. Portions of our souls (or bodies) may lie broken or neglected, while the Contractor is working in a different area of the site. And we are a lot more complex than a skyscraper. In addition, we're in constant contact with other "construction sites", fellow believers enduring the same process whose lives seem as messy or more than our own.

Elaine, the Sabbath was made for man... to rest. Rest in the assurance that your Father, a Master Builder knows perfectly how His project is going and how to bring it to completion. "He who began a good work in you will be faithful to complete it unto the day of Christ Jesus"; [Phl 1:6] Your life may feel like a mess, even a wreck at the moment...try to relax and trust the one who is Designer, Architect, Contractor, and Foreman... to build you right and beautiful.

George, 
Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Dallas, TX)
(Baltimore, MD)

Editor's Note: We are planning our Summer and Fall Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Jul 2023, 9:59 pm

Elaine, don't lose focus!

Romans 16:25-27 Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith-- to God, alone wise, be glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen.

Colonel G.W. Goethals, the man responsible for the completion of the Panama Canal, had major problems with the climate and the geography as it was being built. If that wasn't enough to deal with, he had an even bigger problem. It was the growing criticism back home from those who predicted he'd never finish the project and had opinions about how to do it better.

One day, a colleague asked him, "Aren't you going to answer all these critics?"
"In time," answered Goethals.
"When?" his partner asked.
"When the canal is finished.

We, who know Yeshua (Jesus) and have given our lives to his purposes have a big task at hand -- a bit bigger, I would say, than the building the Panama Canal. There is a world of people who are hungry to know God and the time is short.

The climate and geography may not be ideal and people around us might be critical, but the task still remains -- and we who love God must all contribute and stay focused!! Yes, we may come across some obstacles along the way but we cannot let them distract us from our calling!

Elaine, if you haven't been focused on sharing the Good News of Messiah with the lost, let's take this opportunity make it a goal today. If each of us led only one person to the Kingdom, can you imagine what a difference that would make?! Let's make it a point to lead at least one person to the Lord before the holidays! People are searching -- it's not as hard as you think!

(Baltimore, MD)

Editor's Note: We are planning our Summer and Fall Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Jul 2023, 9:19 pm

Elaine, press through the swamps!

Psalms 107:2-6 Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy; And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south. They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in. Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them. Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.

In his book, Pilgrim's Progress, John Bunyan has written one of the most beautiful allegories about the journey we all travel as believers. The book describes the hero, Christian, and his journey from the City of Destruction to his heavenly destination, the Celestial City. Now there's one part of Pilgrim's Progress that I want to focus on today -- walking through the Swamp of Despondency!

At one point during their travels, Christian and his companion suddenly find themselves there....in the Swamp of Despondency. Still bearing his burden, Christian, begins to sink in the mire. His traveling companion manages to get out, but he returns to the City of Destruction without giving aid to Christian. Christian is left all alone and sinking even deeper in the mire, until Help, the allegorical figure for the Holy Spirit, pulls him free from the swamp.

Christian then asks Help why this dangerous plot of land has not been mended so that poor travelers might go safely to the Celestial City. Help replies, "This miry slough is such a place that cannot be mended."

How true it is in real life! As hard as we try to avoid them, whether young in the Lord, or spiritually mature...swamps of despondency seem inevitable, and we must struggle through them!

Charles Spurgeon once wrote to his students in the book, "Lectures to my Students", "Fits of depression come over most of us. Usually cheerful as we may be, we must at intervals be cast down. The strong are not always vigorous, the wise not always ready, the brave not always courageous, and the joyous not always happy. There may be here and there men of iron...but surely the rust frets even these."

Elaine, there are times in our lives when we will struggle through the swamps of despondency -- but praise God that He has provided us a helper for those times of need! We need to press through, seeking and trusting the power of the Holy Spirit to pull us out of those nasty swamps, and set our feet back upon the Rock of our salvation. Let's also look around to see our brethren who may be struggling in the swamps of despondency, so that, rather than abandoning them, we might give them a hand on their journey to the celestial city!

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 11 Jul 2023, 8:43 pm

Elaine, re-dig the wells!

Genesis 26:1-2 Now there was a famine in the land, besides the former famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went to Gerar to Abimelech king of the Philistines. And the LORD appeared to him and said, “Do not go down to Egypt; dwell in the land of which I shall tell you.
Genesis 26:12 And Isaac sowed in that land and reaped in the same year a hundredfold. The LORD blessed him, Gen 26:13 and the man became rich, and gained more and more until he became very wealthy.
Genesis 26:19 But when Isaac's servants dug in the valley and found there a well of spring water,

As we’ve been speaking a word of revival across the United States, a primary purpose is to re-dig the wells for a great harvest in the midst of such darkness. While many would say "there is no revival coming", we simply refer to Matthew 13:24-30 which describes a two-fold harvest. First, the WHEAT is ripening for harvest, while second, TARES are growing up along with it.

Even as we see evil and chaos and spiritual darkness rising up, God is also preparing the greatest harvest the world has ever seen as the end of this age draws near; and this is verified by simple mathematics. In the late 1800s the population of the world finally reached one billion people. By the 1930s, a second billion was added. As the multiplication became exponential in the 20th century, up to today, we are now nearly eight billion people in the world. And a remnant, or fraction of eight billion who will come to faith, will eclipse every remnant of every single generation before us! It’s simple math.

So our first meeting on this journey was in Florida, which was discovered on Palm Sunday, March 20, 1513, by Ponce DeLeon and so named by the explorer to commemorate the triumphal entry of the Lord. (Pasqua Florida, or "Flowering Easter"). So, it was a fitting place to begin re-digging the spiritual wells of the nation, which despite what revisionist historians suggest, was established to spread the gospel and to be a “city on a hill.”

The spiritual foundations of America, in their various locations throughout the colonies established by faithful pioneering Christians, over the years have been eroded, and their "wells" have been stopped up … and blocked. Part of our assignment for this season is simply to re-dig the wells.

In Issac’s time, a famine in the land became so severe that he considered going to Egypt. But the Lord intervened and said to him, "Stay here in the midst of the famine, and believe my Word," … and when he did so, Isaac was blessed 100-fold in the midst of a famine.

According to God's word, we’re expecting to see Him move powerfully as His glory rises up even in the darkness.

Isaiah 60:1-3 Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you. For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the LORD will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you. And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.

The glory of the Lord will shine, through our faith, our repentance, our obedience; and re-digging our own wells, each individually, allowing God to search us and know us, removing the obstacles in our lives that prevent the wellsprings of living water to flow, the harvest will be great!

Elaine, be blessed today, you’re alive for a purpose … to be part of the greatest harvest the world has ever known. In the midst of manifold troubles and problems, be part of the solution. Millions are now perplexed, afflicted, and terrified, and their only comfort, their most needed provision is to drink from the wells of salvation. Dig with us, in prayer and every spiritual work, for the sake of this massive generation. Our God will have a HARVEST!

(Baltimore, MD)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next