World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:17 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:13 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:11 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:59 pm by Admin

»  Israel's Eurovision song Hurricane.
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:16 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 12:17 am by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 12:14 am by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 12:11 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 12:02 am by Admin

» israelAM
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

» Sign Petition Against Antisemitism
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:26 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:20 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:17 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 5:45 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:55 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:37 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Daily Disciples - Page 8 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:31 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 8 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Wed 06 Jan 2021, 1:48 pm

January 6

Today's Reading: Genesis 16; Matthew 5:27-28

Today's Thoughts: Fall on your Face

When Abram was ninety-nine years old, the Lord appeared to Abram and said to him, "I am Almighty God; walk before Me and be blameless. And I will make My covenant between Me and you, and will multiply you exceedingly."  Then Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him. >Genesis 17:1-3 

Notice what the last verse says: "Then Abram fell on his face." The Lord has appeared to Abram and has begun to speak to him. As soon as Abram hears the Lord, he falls on his face. It does not say that he knelt down or bowed to the ground. It says he "fell on his face." We are not told from the Scriptures how the Lord appeared to Abram or how He spoke to him, but we can assume that Abram recognized the appearance and voice of God Almighty. At that moment, Abram lost all composure. Then, God talked with him some more. As the chapter continues, God continues to speak to Abram. What an awesome experience to be in the presence of God!

How do you react to the presence of God? When was the last time you fell on your face before the Lord? Many Christians today have never heard the Lord speak to them and have no idea of what it means to be in God's presence. Just saying you heard the Lord speak at all can bring raised eyebrows and concerned looks from other believers. Does the Lord still speak to His people? Can we really be in His presence and know it is Him? The answers are yes and yes. Yes, we can fall on our faces in the presence of holy God and yes, He will talk to us. 

We wrote and taught a study called "Practicing the Presence of God," and in the study we included two sections on how to Practice the Presence of Hearing God's Voice. The response from Christians was enlightening and encouraging. Those who had never experienced an intimacy with the Lord learned how to worship and pray. Those who were not sure how to know if they were hearing God's voice learned how to find confirmation in the Word as well as other ways that God confirms His message to us. Most of all, we learned how to fall on our face in worship, how to come to His throne in reverence, and how to know His presence.

Today, find time to fall on your face and worship the Lord. Ask Him to speak to you through His Word and to confirm His message to you through His Spirit. Your day will be blessed and nothing else will matter as much as it once did.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Jan 2021, 10:27 pm

January 1

Today's Reading: Genesis 1; Matthew 1

Today's Thoughts: Back to the Beginning

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters. Then God said, "Let there be light"; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. Genesis 1:1-4

Sometimes I need to go back to the beginning of the Bible to get a new perspective on things. The book of Genesis is a wonderful book filled with all kinds of new beginnings. From the creation of the universe to the beginnings of civilization, I am always blessed when I start reading Genesis. Let's look at the first four verses to see how they can give us a fresh and new perspective for today.

I love the first four words: "In the beginning God…." That says it all. Sometimes I just need to be reminded that God has always existed. It is hard to comprehend the concept that before "the beginning," there was God, but it is a truth that we can embrace with love and respect. He is God and there is none other. "God," as used in this passage, is the Hebrew word "Elohim," which is plural (meaning more than one). Elohim refers to the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, existing since the beginning of creation. It brings great comfort in being reminded that God is all-knowing, all-powerful and ever-present, from beginning to end (Alpha and Omega), while taking care of us in the middle too.

The next amazing part of these verses describes how God separated the light from the darkness. The earth was dark and had no form or substance. But God is light and in Him, there is no darkness at all (1 John 1:5). God saw the darkness and knew that the whole earth needed His light. Thus, God brought forth His light for us. When we feel as though darkness surrounds us, we look upon Jesus and He is still bringing forth His light for us today. These verses remind us that God understands darkness and never intended for us to live in it. He created the light, separated the light from darkness, and said, "it was good."

When man sinned, darkness entered into our hearts and the light of God went out. God sent His Son, Jesus, to bring light into the world so that all who believe in Him might be saved from the eternal darkness. For those of us today who have accepted Jesus as our Savior, we are filled with His eternal presence through the indwelling of His Holy Spirit. Everywhere we go, we shine His light. Isn't it great to go back to the beginning?

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 01 Jan 2021, 12:09 am

December 31

Today's Reading: Malachi 1; Revelation 22

Today's Thoughts: Honoring the Lord

"For the lips of a priest should keep knowledge, And people should seek the law from his mouth; For he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts.” Malachi 2:7

The magazines, newspapers and front page of the websites are filled with the most memorable events and significant people that have affected our lives in the past year.  We can look back over the last year and see certain markers that changed our course and shaped our lives individually. Now with the New Year here, we not only reflect on the past, but also attempt to set goals for the future.

While being in this frame of mind, I started my devotionals this morning reading the book of Malachi. Malachi has four chapters with themes that are easy to remember: mouth, marriage and money. God is rebuking His priests because of the words of their mouths, their attitudes toward their marriages and their motives toward money. The priests were to be an upright and holy group of men representing the Lord. Outwardly, the priests did carry on their functions and requirements. But inwardly, their hearts were far from the Lord.

Considering the past year, we have to take the time to reflect on what we did and why. “Were my motives pure? Did others look at my actions and wonder why I was different? Did I give my best to the Lord or did I justify my offerings in giving the leftovers? Did my attitude in my marriage honor the Lord? What kind of words did I speak? Did my mouth glorify Jesus and edify others around me?”

After examining my heart in asking these questions, I found myself in repentance. How can anyone be that good? But that’s not the point.  None of us will ever be sinless but each of us needs to be above reproach in our hearts before God. God does not hold our behaviors against us if our hearts remain right before Him. It’s when we think our behaviors justify our hearts that God rebukes us. The Lord is more than willing to work with a repentant heart.

In this New Year, be sure your heart is willing to be obedient. As you open your heart to confess, seek, yield and love the Lord, He will work with your behaviors that follow your yielded heart.  We all want the Lord to bless us this New Year. We all pray that His face may shine upon us and give us peace. No matter how short we fall, His mercies are new every morning and His desire is to bless us indeed.  As you reflect on the past and fix your eyes on the future, remember to consider the Lord. He has a plan for you as He watches over your coming and going, not only today but also for the this coming year.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 31 Dec 2020, 12:35 am

December 30

Today's Reading: Zechariah 13; Revelation 21

Today's Thoughts: Refined and Tested

This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, “They are my people, and they will say, The LORD is our God.”   Zechariah 13:9

I read a verse like this and ask the Lord, “Why do the ones that you choose and love need to be refined and tested?” In some strange way, I look at love so much differently.

It is not natural in the flesh to look at my children and think that I willingly plan to discipline them. I often succumb to discipline when their actions are not socially acceptable, and it embarrasses me. I really want to believe that they don't need me to discipline them and that they'll grow out of their stage. I want to believe that I can show love by having the self control to not discipline them and patiently wait for them to grow up. This is what my flesh wants to believe, that this is absloutely wrong because Gos is perfect love and He does not think that way. So, I need to align myself up with Him: both as a parent and as a child of God.

God says in this verse that He brings His own people into the fire. It is in the fire that we are refined like silver and tested like gold. If He is comparing us to precious metals, then we have to assume that the fire is pretty hot! The Lord does this for our good. He wants us to call on His name and know that He will answer because we are His people. His people have to be trained, disciplined, tested and refined to think His thoughts and to live in His ways. Because our flesh is so strong, we resist His work and end up turning from the Lord or blaming Him. We accuse Him of not being loving or caring. We wonder why He isn’t answering our prayers or rescuing us from those hot circumstances, without realizing that He is the One who has placed us there.

God loves you. He is all powerful and can absolutely rescue you but He cares more about you than you can care about yourself. He needs you to change to be more like Him. Unfortunately that takes time in the fire. Trust Him because this is only for a season. For when you are trained, you will produce a harvest of righteousness and a deep peace knowing that He is your God.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 29 Dec 2020, 3:13 pm

December 29

Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law. Romans 13:10

(printed in the Christian Examiner Newspaper’s December 2010 edition)

Is it only me or have you found that the more we look around, the more we see that people are struggling? My husband has frequently said that if you are not depressed, you are not paying attention. However, with the holiday season here, we do not want our Christmas cards to be the only place where love, joy and peace can be found. So, how can we possess those three little words at Christmas time when we cannot maintain those characteristics in everyday life?

I really believe that our anger, anxiety and depression are not only a result of our outward circumstances but a result of having a lack of margin in our lives. If we define boundaries as how closely we allow people or things to approach us, then margins are those imaginary lines of how far we are willing to extend ourselves. If someone crosses our personal space or boundaries, we become uncomfortable (and in extreme cases, violated). In contrast, we determine the parameters of our margins. When there is no margin, we have limited ability to cope with broken cars, crying kids or sick pets. Instead of scheduling in padded time for quality control, we find ourselves crying out for more time, better organizational skills and greater support. But what if we miraculously had the ability to schedule spare time, how would we fill it?

There is a saying, “If the devil can’t make you bad, he will make you busy?”  For some, this statement is true. We can become so busy that we do not make time or even have time to give God a thought.  We rationalize, justify and make excuses that we are too busy to make the Lord a priority. Busyness looks like productivity and it makes us feel needed.  However, busyness is only blessed if we are about the Lord’s business. His business is defined in each of our lives differently but our perspectives should be the same.

By maintaining His perspective, it is not about the crises but how the Christ can move through each circumstance to give meaning and purpose.  Learning to talk to Him instead of yourself changes your perspective. When I find myself maxed out, I pray. When I find myself too tired to think, I pray. When I find myself too full from dinner to move, I pray. Prayer gives me the cushion I need to get a Sovereign viewpoint and to ask Him to move in everything and to move me to serve Him anywhere.

I am co-founder of Daily Disciples Ministries and a media company called Media 4 Women. Both keep me busy, and people ask me frequently, “How do you do it all?” I cannot say that I have always liked or even enjoyed being busy outside of the home. But I was challenged to move out of my comfort zone and not only increase my borders but to expand my margins when hearing Charles Spurgeon’s comment on Romans 13:10, “Love does no wrong to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.” He said, “No man can compass the ends of life by drawing a little line around himself upon the ground. No man can fulfill his calling as a Christian by seeking the welfare of his wife and family only, for these are only a sort of greater self.”

I have spent many days being busy only with shopping, laundry, vacation planning and house decorating.  In that season of life, I spent my energy in the things that were a continued extension of my greater self. I realized that being busy with family things only kept me loving and serving the things I already love. I do not need to be spirit led or dependent upon the Lord to love those who love me back.  However, adding a responsibility that helps to serve those outside my heart’s desire has allowed me to grow and love in a completely different way.

God is sovereign. He can do what He wants and He can bless whom He wants. Allowing the Lord to have free reign in my overly scheduled day gives me a peace and joy that blesses others in addition to me.  It really did come by reprioritizing the busyness.  “Busyness in His Business.” We can remain busy but are we really about His business or our own? This Christmas season, let’s not marginalize Christ but let Him expand our margins. He alone brought peace on earth through His presence and that same presence can reign in our hearts today. There is no greater present than the presence of the One who brought the gifts of love, joy and peace not only at Christmas, but for our everyday lives.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 28 Dec 2020, 11:01 pm

December 28

Today’s Reading: Zechariah 5; Revelation 19

Today’s Thoughts: Our Prophet, Priest and King
“as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue” - 2 Peter 1:3  

The other day, I was teaching second graders about the reason for the crucifixion. It was a two week lesson so I started with explaining why God set up a Temple in the Old Testament. That led to the explanation as to why there were prophets, priests and kings. In second grade language, I told them that a prophet has a big mouth because he listens to God and then tells the people. But the priests have big ears because they listen to the people and then tell God. Prophets represent God’s will for the people. The Priests represent the issues of the people to keep them in right standing with God. A king’s job was different from both because a king uses his authority to establish what he thought was best for the people and then had the people do the work. Frequently, the king’s commands were very different from God’s commands, which led the people into a whole bunch of trouble. They seemed to understand all this so I moved on to Jesus.

Jesus came to earth as our Prophet, Priest and King. Jesus fulfilled all three roles because of His death and resurrection.  He is our Prophet because He told us and showed us all about God. He is our Priest because He listens to us and intercedes at the Father’s right hand today. Jesus is our King because all authority has been given to Him to now use us to do His will on earth. When I started to explain that the temple sacrifices are no longer needed because of Jesus’ blood that was shed on the cross, they were very relieved. One of the little girls said, “Oh, that is so good for all of the animals.” When I told them that prophets and priests are no longer needed because Jesus is everything we need on earth to have a relationship with God, they were so happy that God did that for them. Six of those little second graders accepted Jesus as their Prophet, Priest, King, Savior and Lord that day. Praise God that the Gospel is simple enough for children and yet, confounds the wise. Be sure to thank the Lord for all He has done for you to have a relationship with Him for He is worthy of our praise!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 27 Dec 2020, 9:20 pm

December 27

Today’s Reading: Zechariah 1; Revelation 18

Today’s Thoughts: Knowing God Loves You

The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17

I remember a day a few years ago when I was talking with someone who kept quoting Zephaniah 3:17. He was deeply impacted by the words in this verse to the point that he could not withhold his emotions. What was interesting about this conversation was that this man had spent his life in the ministry, serving in various capacities from missionary to seminary professor. He knew the Lord, walked with Him, talked with Him and loved Him with all of his heart, but did he really understand how much God loved Him?

The same is true for many of us today. We proclaim our love for the Lord. We pray to know Him more. We deeply desire a life that is fruitful and pleasing to Him. And for the most part, I believe that we spend more time thinking and praying about how to please God and how to live our lives in accordance with His will, than we spend thinking about how much He loves us. How often do you personally stop and think, “God loves me…He is rejoicing over me right now”? We tend to think that God is disappointed or upset with us instead of thinking about how much He loves and adores us. Why? Because so much of our thought processes are shaped by the world, not by the love of God. And we have an enemy who feeds right into those negative thoughts and will do anything he can to keep us from experiencing that peace and joy that comes from Jesus.

I encourage you today to write down this verse, meditate on it, and memorize it. Keep repeating it over in your heart and mind and let the Lord Himself speak these words into the depths of your soul. The Lord God is with you and will save you. He rejoices over you, quiets you with His love and sings to you. Can you believe it? Yes! God’s Word is truth and you can trust that these words are spoken just for you. The man who spent his life in ministry was on the brink of retirement before he finally realized the truth of these words. Jesus wants you to know this truth today. Experience His love, peace and joy right now.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 26 Dec 2020, 11:11 pm

December 26

Today's Reading: Haggai 1; Revelation 17

Today's Thoughts: Consider Your Ways

Then the word of the Lord came by Haggai the prophet, saying, "Is it time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses, and this temple to lie in ruins?” Now therefore, thus says the Lord of hosts: "Consider your ways!" You have sown much, and bring in little; you eat, but do not have enough; you drink, but you are not filled with drink; you clothe yourselves, but no one is warm; and he who earns wages, earns wages to put into a bag with holes.” - Haggai 1:3-6

The prophet Haggai was sent to speak to the group who had come back to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple of the Lord. The Book of Ezra explains how the first group came back to begin the rebuilding process. Due to great opposition, the work came to a stop over the course of time. Haggai was sent by the Lord to re-start the work and get the people going again. The Lord was telling them to get their priorities straight. They had settled into their lives and homes but the temple was still not finished. They lived in paneled houses while God's house lay in ruins (Haggai 1:4). If they took a close look at their lives, they would see how their efforts had produced little.

Do you ever feel as though you work really hard, try to do the right things, yet nothing seems to come from it? Are you blessed? Do you see the Lord's hand in your work? If you feel as though you work to put your wages in a bag with holes, then maybe you need to "consider your ways." Check your priorities. Are you giving your first fruits unto the Lord? It is not just about your work for God that matters, it is about your heart before the Lord. Is He truly first in your life? Do you do things for Him because you love Him, or is it for other reasons?

These are the questions that we all must ask ourselves. Sometimes we get so focused on our own lives that we lose God's perspective. When that happens, we often begin to sense that things are not quite right. We do not see the blessings as we would expect or hope to see. As the Lord continued to tell His people through the prophets, “Repent and Return.” The message is the same for us today. Maybe it is time to put some new priorities in your life. Pray about what the Lord wants you to re-prioritize and ask Him to help you to make the changes He wants. Instead of pockets with holes, you will see storehouses that overflow with His blessings.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 25 Dec 2020, 12:15 am

December 24

Today's Reading: Habakkuk 1; Revelation 15

Today's Thoughts: Being Bold in Prayer

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
I will stand my watch And set myself on the rampart, And watch to see what He will say to me, And what I will answer when I am corrected. - Habakkuk 2:1

How many of us open our Bibles and search for the writings of Habakkuk? The most likely answer: not too many of us and not very often. I remember the first time I actually studied this short, three-chapter book. To this day I still quote chapter two, verse one, back to the Lord. Habakkuk tells the story of how he questioned what the Lord was doing with His people. It is a great illustration of how we can seek out the Lord's plans, reason with Him, and then fall at His feet when He answers us personally. However, in this case, the answer was not in favor of the people, Habakkuk stood in awe of God's awesome power and mercy.

As Christians we tend to think too much about what God wants from us. We spend a lot of time praying for the things that we think He wants us to pray. We hope that He will not be upset with us if we pray for the wrong things. And then there are times when we are just amazed that He answered our prayers at all. It is one thing to be thankful and grateful for the Lord's gracious gifts, but we need to consider and question why we are just surprised that He answered in the first place. Our relationship with the Lord should be stronger than that. The Lord wants us to not only pray for the things we want and need, but also He wants us to reasonwith Him, wrestle with Him, and be honest in our prayers. In Isaiah 1:18 the Lord says, "come and let us reason together." Habakkuk had questions and he was not afraid to reason with the Lord, even to the point that he states in this verse that he will stand, wait and watch for God to do something. Talk about boldness!

For each of us today, God wants us to be bold. He wants us to come to His throne of grace with boldness and receive the mercy He has freely given through His Son Jesus. God wants us to pray with that same boldness, asking, seeking and knocking to know His will. Is something on your heart today about which you are not being completely honest with the Lord? Do you have questions or maybe you are upset with the way things are going? Go to the Lord in boldness. Tell Him your thoughts and feelings then tell Him that you will "sit on the ramparts [watchtower]" and wait for His answer. Do not be afraid. You will see God's goodness, just as Habakkuk did. "Yet I will rejoice in the Lord, I will joy in the God of my salvation. The Lord God is my strength; He will make my feet like deer's feet, And He will make me walk on my high hills." (Habakkuk 3:18-19) Now that is a great promise!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 21 Dec 2020, 9:24 pm

What Christmas is About

Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.—Isaiah 9:7

As we look at our world today, we realize that part of the promise of Isaiah 9:6–7 has not yet been fulfilled. The Son has been given. The Child has been born. But He has not yet taken the government upon His shoulders. We do not yet have peace with judgment and justice. But the good news is that there will come a day when Christ will return. He will establish His kingdom on this earth. And it will be the righteous rule of God himself.

Before Jesus could take the government upon His shoulder, He had to take the cross upon His shoulder. Before He could wear the crown of glory as King of Kings, He had to wear the shameful crown of thorns and give His life as a sacrifice for the sins of the world. The first time, a star marked His arrival. But the next time He comes, the heavens will roll back like a scroll, all of the stars will fall from the sky, and He himself will light it.

Christ came to this earth. God came near to you so you can come near to Him—to give your life purpose and meaning, to forgive you of your sins, and to give you the hope of heaven beyond the grave. Christmas is not about tinsel or shopping or presents. Christmas is not about the gifts under the tree. Rather, Christmas is about the gift that was given on the tree when Christ died there for our sins and gave us the gift of eternal life.

Copyright © 2011 by Harvest Ministries. All rights reserved.
Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 19 Dec 2020, 9:56 pm

God’s Gift to Us (Part 1)

For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. —John 3:17

When you’re a child, Christmas is all about receiving gifts. In December, your head is swimming with nothing but images of your favorite toys. 

But the true message of Christmas is not the presents we give to one another.  The true meaning is the gift that God gave to us, His Son Jesus Christ. 

During the next two days, I want to point out to you three things about the gift God gave to us in that tiny manger in Bethlehem.
The first thing we want to realize about God’s gift to us is that it came in simple wrapping. Some people will go to great lengths to wrap presents beautifully. But God’sgift came to us not in beautiful, ornate wrapping, but in a dirty manger found in a cold cave in a little-known town called Bethlehem. 

That’s the beauty of the Christmas event. Jesus took His place in a manger so that we might have a home in heaven. The Savior was not wrapped in satin sheets, but in common rags. There in a manger rested the greatest gift in the plainest of wrapping.

The second thing I want to point out about God’s gift to us is that we don’t deserve it.  Consider this: God gave us the ultimate gift of His Son Jesus Christ while we were still sinning against Him (see Romans 5:8). 

We did nothing whatsoever to merit or deserve His gift. That is the amazing truth of Christmas. Despite who we are, God sent His Son so “that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life” (John 3:16).

With Christmas just days away, begin to prepare your heart for the celebration of the birth of our Savior.  Meditate on the fact that Jesus was born to die so that we might live.

Copyright © 2011 by Harvest Ministries. All rights reserved.
Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Dec 2020, 1:37 pm

December 15

Today's Reading: Amos 1; Revelation 6

Today's Thoughts: Willing To Walk

Can two walk together, unless they are agreed? - 
What does it mean to walk with someone? If you walk with someone, you keep the same pace or stride. You walk beside them, close enough to see and hear them clearly. Walking with someone in the physical sense represents fellowship and synchronicity, where neither one is moving ahead or lagging behind. To walk with someone requires a willingness to move ahead together in the same direction and for the same duration. As the verse says, for two to walk together, they must agree—on quite a few things.

The Bible is filled with "two [who] walk together." The Lord gave Moses a partner in Aaron. Naomi had Ruth. David had Jonathan. Even Jesus sent His disciples out in pairs, two by two. Peter and John would continue as friends and partners as they started the first church. Ecclesiastes 4:9-11 says that two are better than one because they are there to help each other, pick each other up, and even help keep each other warm. And, of course, from the beginning, God put man and woman together: to walk together and to become one in marriage. But to truly walk together, we must agree with our partner, have common goals, be willing to submit, and work together for the purposes of God.

God puts us together because He knows the value of fellowship and friendship. He has made it a necessity to the point that if we do not have fellowship with others, we will struggle with loneliness and depression. Jesus wants us to walk with Him in fellowship and friendship. He desires for us to agree with Him, submit to Him and allow Him to set the course. If we can truly learn to walk in agreement with the Lord, then we will successfully walk together in our marriages and other friendships. We cannot walk with someone and be at odds, eventually the walk will end.

If you are struggling today in your walk with someone, a marriage, friendship or partnership, you must first get your walk back in agreement with the Lord. Ask the Lord to help you walk with Him in those areas in which you are struggling. Maybe you need to repent from rebellious ways or attitudes or maybe you need to submit to going in a direction you have not wanted to go. Once you learn to walk with God first, then you will be so much better in walking with others.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Dec 2020, 9:52 pm

December 14

Today's Reading: Joel 1; Revelation 5

Today's Thoughts: No such thing as wasted years

"So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten…” - Joel 2:25

The book of Joel was written by the prophet of whom we know the least. His book is only three chapters in length but is packed with sincere pleas for repentance for the nation of Israel. Joel knew the Lord’s Day was coming but he also knew and spoke of God’s endless mercy and grace. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Joel 2:25. For me, this verse represents great hope and encouragement for the future. Not only is our God a God of second chances, but also He is a God who restores our past. I have witnessed this restoration first hand in my own life.

I was raised in church, accepted Jesus as my Savior and was baptized, all before the age of 10. I can honestly say I have known the Lord most of my life, but I have not always chosen to walk with Him. There is a big difference in knowingHim versus livingfor Him. There is also a big difference in knowing aboutHim versus knowing Him personally. I spent many years as an adult choosing to live my life my way. I still read the Bible, went to church and prayed…prayed a lot for the things I wanted. But my life was my own. Then one day, something changed in my heart. My eyes were opened in a very different way. I realized who was really on the throne of my life and it was not Jesus. I began to see how empty my life had become and that I wanted more. More meant more of Him. It was time to live for Jesus. It was time to change my course. But what about those wasted years? I had such sadness realizing the time I had wasted. If only I had done things differently.

Then one day, I come across this verse in Joel. And the Lord Himself said to me that He would restore all of those years that the locust had eaten. He has a plan for my life and His plans and callings are irrevocable. Not only is God with me as I go forward but also He has never left me. I look back and see God’s tremendous grace. And I have seen God do immeasurably more than I could ever ask or imagine in just a few short years.  Do you have regrets about wasted years? Know today that God will restore them all. If you have been away from Him, come back today. Repent and ask the Lord to sit on the throne of your life and carry out His plans and callings for you. Let this verse give you hope and encouragement to begin a new day.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 13 Dec 2020, 2:40 pm

December 13

Today's Reading: Hosea 12; Revelation 4

Today's Thoughts: Return To The Lord
"Their deeds do not permit them to return to their God. A spirit of prostitution is in their heart; they do not knowledge the LORD." - Hosea 5:4

During Hosea's time, the people would not return to the Lord. They continued to do what they thought was right in their own eyes, not acknowledging God's standard for their lives. As a result, they lived to please their king, and themselves, to their own destruction. However, the people were still trying to appease God by following in the things that God had established for them, like the rituals and sacrifices. It was easier for them to "do" for God than to "be" with God. God told them that He would rather have them acknowledge Him than to burn sacrifices for Him. The people's sins became such a habit and place of bondage that their deeds prevented them from returning to the Lord.

The Book of Hosea is written because God wanted them to return to Him. Their deeds did not have to separate Him from them, but their deeds kept their hearts from turning to God.If you find yourself in sinful habits and patterns that are keeping you from returning to the Lord, today is the day to come back to Him. The Lord's love cannot ever be separated from you, but you have the ability to separate yourself from Him. Start being honest with Him today. Tell Him the truth—He already knows everything about you. Let the secret out so that He may come in. Do not beat yourself up during the restoration process, it will take time and change often comes slowly. Praise God that He is never in a rush. Relax. He is on your side.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Dec 2020, 4:20 pm

December 11

Today's Reading: Hosea 5; Revelation 2

Today's Thoughts: The Weather Man

Let us acknowledge the Lord; let us press on to acknowledge Him. As surely as the sun rises, He will appear; He will come to us like the winter rains, like the spring rains that water the earth. - Hosea 6:3
Wherever you live, rain is a big deal.  If we have little rain or a lot of rain within the year, the weather makes a huge impact on us.  The weather conditions command our daily attention as we graph and chart the amount of rain. We have entire television stations dedicated to the weather around the world. When a natural weather disaster hits, all other news stops to report the extent of the damage. We pay a lot of attention to the weather as we depend on this information to plan our day.

There is nothing wrong with following the weather patterns, but Hosea is stating that as surely as we acknowledge the sun and rain coming, we need to acknowledge the coming of the Lord. Jesus rebuked the people for acknowledging the signs of the weather but not acknowledging the signs of the Lord. In Luke 12:54-56, Jesus said to the crowd: “When you see a cloud rising in the west, immediately you say, 'It's going to rain,' and it does. And when the south wind blows, you say, 'It's going to be hot,' and it is. Hypocrites! You know how to interpret the appearance of the earth and the sky. How is it that you don't know how to interpret this present time?”

Are we sensitive to His ways? Are we in tune with His will? Do we study His Word daily for direction and guidance in our day as much as we tune into the weather? Could Jesus rebuke us today for the same things? Even though the rain seems to be later than expected some years, we do get rain. We might think that Jesus is late in His coming too. But surely He will come. If we are not acknowledging Him, He may not acknowledge us. And even if Jesus doesn’t come here during our life time, it is inevitable that we will go to Him some day.

Who do you worship? Who do you serve? Just by examining your need to know the weather in comparison to your need to know the Lord should shed some light on what your priorities are. When we acknowledge the Lord in everything, we are able to interpret His signs because we become sensitive to His ways over our own. We give so much attention to the weather but Jesus truly is the ultimate Weather Man, whether we acknowledge Him or not.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Dec 2020, 10:09 pm

December 10

Today's Reading: Hosea 1; Revelation 1

Today's Thoughts: Watch Your Stubbornness

“For Israel is stubborn like a stubborn calf; Now the Lord will let them forage like a lamb in open country." Hosea 4:16

Giving my dog a bath gives me a good glimpse at a stubborn animal. He instinctively knows when I am getting ready to bathe him. Once he is convinced that I am coming to get him, he tries to hide. At that point, talking to him will not get him to change his mind. He must be dragged by the collar to the hose outside (hot and cold water, of course). It is not like he isn't spoiled and usually gets what he wants, but a bath is what is best for him, and for those around him.

When the bath is over, he is the happiest, most energetic dog I have ever seen. He seems to like the after effect much more than the process he has to go through to get there.

The Lord compared Israel to a stubborn calf. They would not listen to the Lord's commands and would not obey His Word. Regardless of how much God blessed them, they still returned to their wicked ways. Regardless of how much they saw God's hand taking care of them, rescuing them, and providing for them, they had a short memory of those things. They were constantly returning to their sinful practices of worshiping other gods and pursuing their fleshly desires. Stubborn and stiff-necked is how God referred to them as He looked upon their rebellious ways.

I wonder how often the Lord looks at us the same way. How often do we rebel against what God has for us because we do not want to go through the process (or the bath we need)? For me, even though I revel in the after effects of God's touch, I still resist that necessary cleansing of the sin in my life.

If we are not careful, we will find ourselves too comfortable with being unclean. Once that begins to happen, we may also find ourselves slipping into practices that do not glorify God, just as the Israelites did. When you know the Lord is coming to get you for that special time of bathing, just let Him have His way with you. The process will go much faster and you will feel so much better when you surrender to Him. I keep giving my dog the same advice even though he is not catching on. But we should.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Dec 2020, 3:17 pm

December 9

Today's Reading: Daniel 11; Jude 1

Today's Thoughts: In Time

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near. - Revelation 1:3

The key word in today's verse is the word "time." When the Lord says, "the time is near," He is referring to time from His perspective, not from the perspective of time that we have. Our minds cannot comprehend God's concept of time, which puts us in a place of trusting Him for His perfect timing in all things.

Time seems so finite to us on earth, but in the kingdom of God, time is very different from what we know today. Even setting the clocks back one hour throws our schedules and internal systems off. It takes many of us all week to get adjusted to the time change. How can we begin to even imagine time being eternal? But it will be eternal for our spirits, and the choice of where we will spend it is up to us. For those in Christ, eternity in Heaven awaits us and the concept of time will no longer matter. For those who die without knowing Christ as their Savior, eternity consists of a Hell too terrible to comprehend.

Today, we should value time from the perspective that it is too short and is running out fast. Let's get out and spread the Good News before time runs out. The book of Revelation is written so that we will know of what is to come and to believe that the "time is near." We must never become complacent or apathetic regarding the Lord's prophecies and promises. His words will come to pass…in time.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Dec 2020, 10:28 pm

December 8

Today’s Reading: Daniel 8; 3 John 1

Today’s Thoughts: Being Double Minded Part 2

"he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." - James 1:8 (Part 2)

After we ask for His wisdom, we may still be apprehensive to step forward in faith. We might need to look for further confirmation on the matter. Now, we need to make sure that we are sensitive to His confirmation, assuring His Will over our own will. We are instructed in Matthew 18:16 that at the testimony of two or more witnesses, every Word may be established. He will confirm His Will to you. God can use various means to confirm His message to our hearts; always start in His Word then continue to ask Him to bring things to your mind. When you have received the same message several times and you know in your spirit that the Lord is impressing His Word upon your heart, then rest in His counsel and have confidence in knowing that He is speaking to you, to guide you in His ways.

But we still have the choice to choose His ways or not. James 1:5-8 says, "If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways."

If we know how God is leading and we still chose to wrestle, struggle, doubt, worry and fret—we become double-minded. It would have been better to just make your own decision and live with the consequences. Instead, ask for wisdom, believe He gives it without reproach and receive His answers in faith.

Let's say something goes terribly wrong after going through this process. I have seen this happen also. We need to remember that God rewards those who diligently seek Him and God rewards faith. If you went through this process of seeking His will over your own, and you stepped out in faith, then rest with the results. Those results are now God's burden and we all know that His burden is easy. Always remember: God works all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Oh Lord, thank You for allowing me to find You when I search for You with all my heart. Please give me wisdom, knowledge and discernment as I desire to do Your will over my own. And I will trust You with the results.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Dec 2020, 11:58 pm

December 7

Today’s Reading: Daniel 5; 2 John 1

Today’s Thoughts: What is Double Minded? Part 1

"he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." James 1:8

James tells us not to be double-minded because we will be unstable in all our ways. No one wants to be unstable, so how can we prevent ourselves from being double-minded?

First, we have to define what it means to be double-minded. Thinking through decisions and weighing out the cost/benefit ratio is not being double-minded. That, instead, is called "counting the cost." In every decision we make, we need to count the cost; it is important to gather information and know the options first. This process can take some time, and for some of us, it takes too long when our thoughts become consumed by our choices. It is important to include the Lord during the "count the cost" process because if we have missed something, the Lord will bring to mind what we need to remember. But there is only so much information we can gather and there is only so much time that can be allotted for each decision. Continuing to extend the process; leads to second guessing (or being double-minded). Set a time limit to gather information and then make a decision. No looking back and no regrets. It is better to make a wrong decision than to make no decision. God can work together anything for good and we learn from every decision, the right and the wrong ones.

Another way to prevent double-mindedness is by asking the Lord for wisdom. Your goal should be to make a choice that will bless the Lord as well as be best for you. At the outset, do not jump to conclusions of what you think is best in pleasing Him. When I have done this in the past, I usually ended up being wrong. For some odd reason, I tend to believe that whatever is best for God is not what is best for me. WRONG! Or I want to believe that what is best for me has to be best for God—wrong again. Be open, be willing, and be in the Word. When we ask for wisdom, we are really asking for God to make His choices known to us. We have to be willing to listen. The only way I have learned to be willing to listen is by understanding that God's ways are best for me, regardless of what those "ways" may look like. He is a God of love and purpose, and His purposes are filled with love. We can trust Him. Pray and believe in faith that God hears you. James tells us to not doubt that it is God answering. Pray for faith to do what He has led you to do, despite your doubts.

(Part 2 in tomorrow's reading)

Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 06 Dec 2020, 8:45 pm

December 6

Today's Reading: Daniel 3; 1 John 5 

Today's Thoughts: Be Aware

Now Dinah the daughter of Leah, whom she had borne to Jacob, went out to see the daughters of the land. And when Shechem the son of Hamor the Hivite, prince of the country, saw her, he took her and lay with her, and violated her. - Genesis 34:1-2

The Lord had a plan for His people as He was beginning to develop His own nation. But long before the children of Israel would fully understand what that meant, God began to teach them the importance of being set apart from the Gentile (or pagan) nations. When Dinah "went out to see the daughters of the land," she may not have realized the potential danger in mingling with the foreigners. This danger became real when Hamor "violated her."

As Christians, we must be aware of the danger of mingling in the world's activities. There must be a distinction between us and the world. There are times to witness and to shine the Light of Jesus Christ into the world, but we need wisdom to know when to be careful of dangerous places. Jesus prayed for us to be in the world but not of the world. God has a purpose for us in how we live and also in the activities of which we participate. We must train ourselves to be aware of the enemy's schemes to lure us into trouble, which often happens because we are in a place where we should not be.

Dinah found herself in trouble by visiting the women of the land. This trouble led to even greater problems for the family. Let us receive this message and apply it to our own lives as we pray to be aware of these types of dangers. What can seem harm-lesscould actually be harm-ful. Get into the habit of bringing every decision to the Lord first and then asking for the wisdom and guidance in what to do next.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Dec 2020, 5:06 pm

December 5

Today's Reading: Daniel 1; 1 John 4

Today's Thoughts: God’s Favor

Now God had brought Daniel into the favor and goodwill of the chief of the eunuchs. - Daniel 1:9

I love the Old Testament stories that illustrate how God brought someone into favor in an unfavorable situation. Daniel was given favor in the king's palace, even though he was a captive and taken prisoner. Joseph was given favor with the guards as a prisoner in Egypt. And even David, before he was king, was given favor when he sought refuge in enemy territory with the Philistines. Why such favor with these people in these situations? Was it because of what they had done to earn it? No. It was because of who God is.

Even today, we see God's favor upon us. As I opened my hometown's newspaper last week, I saw a picture of my nephew being awarded "Student of the Month." Knowing that he is not a stellar student but wondering if he had suddenly had a major change, I called my sister to congratulate him. When I asked her why he received the award, she said, "Well, for some reason the teacher just picked him once before, and she picked him again for this month." My sister had no real answer as to why he got the award the first time, much less the second. I knew that my nephew had found favor with his teacher. Because of what he had done? I doubt it. But because of who God is.

There are many times that I ask God to give me favor in certain situations or with certain people. Sometimes we hold back from asking for such things because we feel unworthy or undeserving. But the Lord wants us to ask because He loves to answer. I have been given favor in situations where I deserved nothing but wrath. When we truly embrace God's grace, then we can begin to understand a snippet of how much He loves us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Dec 2020, 11:33 pm

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 47; 1 John 3

Today’s Thoughts: In Your Sight

Then Moses said to the Lord, "See, You say to me, 'Bring up this people.' But You have not let me know whom You will send with me. Yet You have said, 'I know you by name, and you have also found grace in My sight.' Now therefore, I pray, if I have found grace in Your sight, show me now Your way, that I may know You and that I may find grace in Your sight. And consider that this nation is Your people." Exodus 33:12-13

My family and I went skiing for a few days. The first day, we were in a blizzard and I quickly discovered that my goggles were broken. At times, I thought I would have skied better if my eyes were closed because my goggles made the weather conditions even worse. The second day, the sun was out shining and the conditions were beautiful. I didn’t need goggles, sunglasses would work just fine. Well, I pulled out my sunglasses on the first chairlift. To my surprise, one of the lenses fell into my hand. When instances like this happen two times in a row, I know that the Lord wants my attention. While staring at the lens, I immediately said to the Lord, “What are you trying to teach me about my eyesight?”

What came to my mind at the end of that prayer was the Scripture that I had been meditating on from Exodus 33: “found grace in Your sight.” Three times Moses said to the Lord that he knew he found grace in God’s sight. I was meditating on why Moses added in “Your sight.”  I know that I have also found grace but what does the “in Your sight” mean to me?  God used my goggles and broken sunglasses to explain. We are very dependent on what we can see or what we perceive. We make judgment calls and assessments through our eyes. When something impairs our ability to see, we compensate by using our other senses, and in those times I do a lot more praying for wisdom. I realized how much I judge by what I see. I depend on my sight (or perception) more at times than on how God see things.  But it cannot be about how I see things, but what the Lord sees in me. Like Moses, I know that I have found grace in His sight but am I living to be pleasing in His sight every day, with every decision? Do I value the things the Lord sees more than the things I see?

The Lord wants us to live with spiritual eyes. He wants us to fix our eyes on Jesus so that our decisions and choices may be pleasing in His sight. We have already found grace because we know Jesus, but we also need to live a life that is pleasing in His sight daily.  I just wish I could have learned this lesson safely at home instead of on top of a mountain. But of course, it was up on a mountain that Moses learned the most too.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Dec 2020, 7:56 pm

December 3

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 45:1-28; 1 John 2

Today’s Thoughts: Our Perspective Matters

The righteous perishes, and no man takes it to heart; Merciful men are taken away, while no one considers that the righteous is taken away from evil. He shall enter into peace; they shall rest in their beds, each one walking in his uprightness. Isaiah 57:1-2

A friend of ours went home to be with the Lord recently. God had blessed her with a heart of wisdom as she served Him in ministry as well as in the company of those in the world. We, as a church, prayed fervently for her healing and for extended life but the Lord took her home a few months after her diagnosis.

It is difficult to understand why the Lord would want to take someone home to be with Him when she was serving Him so faithfully and fully here. Thinking in the earthly perspective, she was too young to die, still had too much left she could do and was too much of a godly model. When I think about her from this perspective, I am stumbled by God’s will and confused by God’s ways. And I just want her back. However, when I pull myself back enough to see it from an eternal perspective, I am sincerely envious that I am not in the presence of the Lord with her right now too. Our hearts should groan for heaven even though our flesh refuses to accept death. The dichotomy of life and death is a continual reminder that earth is not our home. We are just passing through. The goal of each Christian should be that our walk with Him doesn’t change from here to there. The place changes but not the relationship.

Our perspective matters. If we chose to continually see things from man’s perspective, we will be discouraged and disappointed with the Lord. If we choose to get into the Word and see life from His perspective, we find joy peace and excitement by drawing closer to Him. I am saddened by my loss of a sister in Christ but I am also thankful that we will remain friends for eternity.

Oh Lord, bring us home as dedicated and committed to You as our friend was.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Dec 2020, 11:52 pm

December 2

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 42; 1 John 1

Today's Thoughts: There is Only One Way

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5

A few years ago, the Lord put a burden on my heart for someone who worked for my husband.   She was a loyal employee, a hard worker and a mature manager. Her ethics and values made her trustworthy and honest. Why would I have a burden for such a good, well-balanced person? She began attending a church and her life began to change. Her church was a Self-Realization Fellowship temple. She learned from them that her good works and good life would gain her much favor when she was reincarnated. If she continued to improve in her good works each time that she returned to earth (in whatever form that might be), then eventually she would reach the pinnacle of her life's goal: she would become god. Believe it or not, this is the teaching of the New Age movement. She bought in to their lies and deceptions.

The Lord gave me the verse listed above and told me to tell her that He is the only Light. I remember the morning that I asked her to come over and have a cup of coffee with me. I told her that the Lord loved her and that He wanted her to know Him. I read 1 John 1:5 to her and said that in God, there is no darkness. She began to cry and she shared with me her fears of darkness. She was struggling and hurting. I talked with her about Jesus and that there is only one true God. Jesus is the only Way. There is no alternative path to everlasting life. The hard part in witnessing to someone in this position is that they will often agree with you. She agreed with me in everything I said about God and that she most certainly believes in God. But, she was not so sure about Jesus being God. She believed in Jesus but she had made Him out to be just a really good man, a prophet and a teacher. She could not accept His sacrifice for her sin, because she convinced herself that, in the end, her good works were all that really mattered. She would earn her way.

She would later leave our company and move on. The differences in our beliefs really stressed our relationship at times. Without realizing it, she changed in ways that made her hard-hearted and opinionated. In denying Jesus, she was continuing to bring increasing darkness into her life. The “good life” is deceptive and blinding. It simply is not possible for us to be "good" people. I still pray for her when the Lord brings her to my mind and I hope that one day she will come to the true Light. For me personally, I learned a lot from going through the experience of witnessing to her. Despite my burden for her soul, I know that only the Lord can save her. If you know someone in this type of cult or other false religion, do not give up praying for them. There is always hope—until their very last breath.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Dec 2020, 9:17 pm

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 37; 1 Peter 2

Today's Thoughts: The Holy Spirit in You

I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD. - Ezekiel 37:14

When we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we receive His Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God and He is a gift from God the Father that allows us to have a relationship with the Lord. The Spirit of God intercedes for us in prayer as He uses words that enter into the throne room of God when we can only moan and groan. He is our Counselor, our Teacher, our Comfort and our Guide. But the most important eternal promise we receive when the Spirit of God is placed in us is the seal of our salvation as we come alive spiritually for eternity. Amazing!

Do you realize the power you have living inside you? That power raised Lazarus from the dead, healed all kinds of diseases and delivered souls from bondage. That same power is found in you through Jesus. Jesus shows us this power through His indwelling peace. When we receive the Spirit of God, we have peace with God, not peace as the world gives, but the peace of God that surpasses understanding. It is peace that "settles" you. No matter where you are or what you are struggling with, God has settled your soul to have peace with Him.

The peace of God is a promise for you today. Claim it, speak it and live in it. Throw off the distractions of illness, financial loss, negative comments, guilt, and self-condemnation. And let the peace of Christ dwell in you richly. Nothing can interfere with the love Christ has for you and the peace that is yours by knowing Him. All these things on earth will pass away, but your security for eternity is fixed. Fix your eyes on Jesus by reading His Word. Get a verse today that you can claim as a promise and live beyond the struggles. Cast your cares upon the Lord for He cares for you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next