World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 37 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 37 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyToday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyToday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance

Go down

"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance Empty "WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance

Post  Admin Wed 06 May 2009, 6:40 pm

"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yance

This is a VERY hard message. Very disturbing and challenging! It is not meant to be condemning! Please pray about who you are and what you are doing for Christ. Time is short. We MUST be about our Fathers business!
"WHAT'S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE" by Philip Yancey I told a story in my book "The Jesus I Never Knew", a true story that long afterward continued to haunt me. I heard it from a friend who works with the down-and-out in Chicago. A prostitute came to me in wretched straits, homeless, sick, unable to buyfood for her two year old daughter. Through sobs and tears, she told me she had been renting out her daughter--two years old!--to men interested in kinky sex. She made more renting out her daughter for an hour than she could earn on her own in a night. She had to do it, she said, to support her own drug habit. I could hardly bear hearing her sordid story. For one thing, it made me legallyliable - I'm required to report cases of child abuse. I had no idea what to say to this woman.At last I asked her if she had ever thought of going to a church for help. Iwill never forget the look of pure, naïve shock that crossed her face. "Church!" she cried. "Why would I ever go there? I was already feeling terrible about myself. They'd just make me feel worse.? What struck me about my friend's story is that women much like this prostitute fled toward Jesus, not away from him. The worse a person felt about herself, the more likely she saw Jesus as a refuge. Has the church lost that gift? Evidently the down and out, who flocked to Jesus when he lived on earth,no longer feel
welcome among his followers. What has happened?---------------------His conclusion after thinking about that story was one key word on the Bible. GRACE. We must show that in order to reach the lost. Satan does a good enough job condemning people in their own minds after theyfall for his lies. God help us to truly reflect his love and grace to the lost and dying in the world around us Christ is their only hope. Are we really doingeverything that we can to reach those around us? Do we show love to them asChrist would? We must.Remember that you may be the only Jesus that some will ever see.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down