World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:48 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 10:12 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Admin

» AISH
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:52 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:59 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyYesterday at 6:52 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:52 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 7:01 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Coffee Break - Page 2 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Coffee Break

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

Coffee Break - Page 2 Empty Re: Coffee Break

Post  Admin Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:56 pm

Coffee Break 

"It's Not Neglect"

"Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee." Isaiah 49:15

I have a word specifically for someone this morning-- but it is also for the rest of us. That word is-- Stop accusing God of child neglect.

God, your Heavenly Father, has not forgotten you. He has not abandoned you. He is not neglecting you. You are falsely accusing Him just because He has not come through when you thought He should or because He has not moved in the way you wanted Him to. 

God, being the Father, is wiser than the child. He knows what to do, when to do it, and how to do it. His ways, and thoughts, are so much higher than ours. He moves in perfect ways with eternity in mind. We want things done in a way that will get the need met quicker. We also think in terms of the "here and now".

When Jesus was hanging on the cross, the mockers in the crowd kept taunting Him by saying, "If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross." (Matthew 27:40) He was the Son of God and He could have come down from the cross to prove it. Had He done what they wanted Him to do, some of those standing there that day would have believed that He was the Son of God when they saw it. It would have changed some of their lives that day, but what about the rest of us. What about all of lost humanity? What about those of us who were not born yet and still needed a Savior? He stayed on the cross because there was a greater eternal value in doing so-- there was an eternal purpose to fulfill. 

When He delays in answering, when He delays in moving on your behalf, He is working out a greater plan than to just run to your rescue. It is a plan that will touch many other lives. It is a plan that will bring Him the greatest glory. It is a plan that will work all things together for your good.

Have a great day. Don't accuse God of neglecting you. He is working out a far greater, and eternal, plan on your behalf. 

For further reading:
Romans 8:28
Isaiah 55:9

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< 
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness .org 
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge. 
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Jun 2014, 9:59 pm

Coffee Break

"Light For The Path"

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

When I have to go outside at night, and it is very dark, there is one thing I take with me.... a flashlight. If I don't have one, I wish I did. It brightens up my path so that I can see where I am walking. God's Word is light to our path, it shows us the way to walk when we are in darkness.

Are you walking on a "dark" path today? You don't know which way to go? You have decisions to make but aren't sure what to do? Are you are going through a dark place and aren't sure how to get out? Then go get a light. Bring God's Word into your situation. What does it say? Look to it to direct you through this. Perhaps this sounds a little simple, but God's Word has been giving guidance and instruction to millions for thousands of years. It will still do the same for you today. If I am walking around outside and stumbling over objects, falling down, getting tripped up because of the darkness and my inability to see in it, one simple way to change that is by getting a light. 

Have a great day. When you are walking around in darkness, not knowing what to do, take God's Word and let it enlighten your path.

For further reading:
Psalm 119:130, 133

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Jun 2014, 11:34 am

Coffee Break

"Don't Tell It"

"And Abraham said unto his young men, Abide ye here with the ass; and I and the lad will go yonder and worship, and come again to you." Genesis 22:5

The Lord had spoken to Abraham to take his son Isaac and offer him as a sacrifice. Abraham obeyed the Lord. The next morning Abraham got up early, saddled his donkey, took two of his servants, his son Isaac, and the wood for the burnt offering and went to the place where God had showed him to go.

The Bible never says that Abraham told anyone of his intent-- not his wife, not these two servants, not even Isaac. You can't always tell everything that God tells you to everybody. You have to learn to be quiet and keep it to yourself. We have a tendency to want to "tell all". We want to tell everyone what God has told us- we can't wait to tell. You can't do that. 

I can picture it now had Abraham said to those two servants-- Isaac and I are going up to the mountain and when we get to the top God has told me to sacrifice him-- and what their response would have been. I can hear them trying to talk him out of it. I can hear them reasoning with Abraham-- surely, master, you didn't hear this from God, Isaac is your only son, he is the one that God promised you, he is the one in whom all the nations of the earth shall be blessed, you waited so long for him. They would have thought Abraham was crazy. They would have done anything to convenience him not to do it. They may have even tried to forcefully take Isaac away from him. Had reasoning with Abraham not worked, they may have threatened to go tell Sarah-- surely she would stop this madness. 

This happened to Jesus. When it was nearing His time to go to the cross, He begin to prepare His disciples by telling them He would be delivered up and killed. Peter rebuked Jesus telling Him that this wasn't going to happen. I can only imagine what Peter was thinking when he heard Jesus' words about being killed. "But you are the Christ, the Son of the Living God. How can that happen? What do you mean? You are greater than to allow Yourself to be killed. You are our King, You have to set up a kingdom and deliver us from Roman oppression." 

The point is this, when the Lord tells us something and we know that there is no doubt that we have heard from Him, we can't tell everyone. They won't understand and they will try to talk us out of it. They will try to detour us from God's plan. Yes, there is a time to "write the vision and make it plain" and we tell what the Lord is saying. But there is also a time when we are to keep it to ourselves and do as Mary did-- ponder it in our hearts. 

Have a great day. When God tells you something, you don't have to go and tell everyone else. Some things you are to keep to yourself. 

For further reading:
Luke 2:19
Matthew 16:20-23
Genesis 22
Habakkuk 2:2

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

Coffee Break

"Clean The Inside"

"Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess. Thou blind Pharisee, cleanse first that which is within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also." Matthew 23:25,26

Is the most important part of a cup the inside or the outside? Is it more important for the inside or the outside to be clean? Jesus compared a person's life to a cup. We have an inside part of us and an outside part. In these verses He was talking about the Pharisees and how they made sure the outside was clean, but neglected the inside. 

Religion always works at cleaning the outside. Religious people try to look "outwardly" good to prove that they are something that they aren't. They clean the outside by doing good deeds. They clean it by doing religious works. They go to church. They sing in the choir. They give offerings. They volunteer for special tasks. They may look pretty "clean". They may look "good", but they are "dirty" where it counts the most-- on the inside. 

Jesus' focus is always on the "inside". It is what is on the inside of a person that matters most. It is about the condition of the heart-- whether it is clean or dirty. We can only clean up the outside, we can't clean up the inside. Being religious can only clean up the outside, but not the inside. Jesus is the only One who can clean the inside. He is the only One who can make our hearts clean and brand new. It takes coming to Him in repentance and establishing a relationship with Him in order for us to become clean. 

Let me ask you this morning, "Are you a clean or dirty cup?" Do you do have an outward appearance that looks clean but inside your heart you are still unclean? Are you trying to wash yourself and make yourself clean? Are you deceiving yourself into thinking that you are clean because you act better than those who profess to be clean inside? Are you deceiving yourself into believing that you are clean because you believe in Jesus and you try to be good and you aren't that bad? Maybe you aren't "that bad". Maybe you do believe in Jesus. Maybe you do do some religious deeds. But you are still dirty because even a little dirty is still dirty. You have to be washed totally clean, and again, only Jesus can do that. Only He can wash you and make the inside and outside clean.

Have a great day. Are you trying to clean yourself up on the outside, but you are still dirty on the inside?

For further reading:
Titus 3:6
Ephesians 2:8,9
2 Corinthians 5:17

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:02 pm

Coffee Break 

"Dysfunctional"

"From whom the whole body fitly joined together and compacted by that which every joint supplieth, according to the effectual working in the measure of every part, maketh increase of the body unto the edifying of itself in love." Ephesians 4:16

A few months ago some of you may remember that I wrote a devotional about me pulling my back. After all these weeks I have finally discovered what happened. It seems as though I pulled my SI Joint out of place. If my understanding is correct it is called SI Joint Dysfunction. For the past nine weeks I have suffered terrible pain in my lower back, my leg muscles and my sciatic nerve-- all because this joint was "out of place".

When something is out of place from where it should be, it is not doing what it was designed to do. This is called dysfunctional. A dysfunction from not being in its proper place can cause many other problems to arise and even cause suffering. This is true in the church. When God calls you to be one thing and you are operating in another area, you are out of place. For example, you may be called to be an evangelist but you are trying to operate as a pastor, so you are out of place. You may be called to be a Psalmist but are trying to operate as a teacher you also are out of place. When one member is out of place, this is a dysfunction which will cause suffering in the church. 

This is also true in our individual lives. If you are called to one area of ministry but you are trying to operate in another area, your life is out of order. If you are living with sin in your life, your life is out of order. If you are living in opposition to the commandments of God, if you are not living a holy lifestyle, if you are living in adultery or with some addiction, then you are out of order. If you are living in hate and bitterness, you are living a life out of order-- you are not fulfilling what you were designed to fulfill. You are not living as you are called to live. You are "spiritually" dysfunctional. 

The interesting thing about what has been going on in my body with this joint out of place was that I was still doing all the things I needed to do-- working at the shop, cooking, cleaning, keeping my grandchildren, etc. Most people who know me didn't even know I had this dysfunction because I was still "functioning". Only I was functioning with pain, suffering and misery the whole time I was doing it. Often we are "out of order" not functioning where and as God wants us to and it is not noticed because we are still "prospering", still "functioning", still going on with the business of life, still seeing some "good" results. But it is only a matter of time before this is not the case. A dysfunction will eventually catch up with you. You will eventually reap the consequences of being "out of place". You can't continue like that forever.

Are you "out of order"? Out of the place the Lord designed you to fit into? Doing what He has not intended you to do? Not functioning as He planned for you to function? Then you are in a place of dysfunction and eventually it will cause suffering to you and to those you are connected with.

Have a great day. Are you living a dysfunctional life? Out of God's order for your life?

For further reading:
1 Corinthians 12:18, 26

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Jun 2014, 8:08 pm

Coffee Break

"Love's Desire"

"My soul breaketh for the longing that it hath unto thy judgments at all times." Psalm 119:20

I need to break this verse down into everyday, modern English. And when I do it means: Every part of me (all of me- spirit, soul, mind, emotions, passions, the activity of my mind, will and character) desires more than anything else Lord, Your judgments (Your law, Your commands, Your word) all the time.

This speaks of an intense desire for God's word. The writer wanted to know God's judgments more than anything else. He didn't want to just memorize them. He didn't want to be able to just quote them. He wanted to know them more than he wanted to know anything else. Why? Where do we find God? Where do we find what He "looks" like, what He desires, what He requires, what His will is, what He wants for us? Where do we get a clearer picture of who He is? From His Word. 

The writer was not just saying that he wanted to know the "Bible", he was wanting to know the Author and Subject of the "Bible". He had a deep longing and desire for it-- more than for anything else. And his desire was not just on Sunday morning during church or Wednesday night during Bible study, or during revival services. He wanted it at all times.

Does this sound like you? If you are a Christian it should? Our greatest desire should be to know Him. This should be our greatest longing if we follow Him because we follow Him out of love. He loved us so much. He loved us so much that He demonstrated it by dying on the cross for our sins. He only has one desire from us-- love Him with all our hearts, soul, strength and mind. Didn't He say that was the greatest of all His commands. And He went on to say that on this hangs all the other commands. When we truly love Him this way, we will keep all the other commands because they are kept out of love and not out of duty. 

The writer was not talking about some religious requirement. He was talking about the desire of the heart. When you love someone, your desire is toward them. Have you ever loved so deeply that you can't eat or sleep? Have you felt like your heart would just explode because you love them so much? This is the same thing the writer is saying. The word translated for break means to be crushed. His whole heart was crushed with such a deep love and desire. Does your love for Jesus consume you? Does it make your heart feel like it could explode with desire for Him? Do you long to know Him in a deeper way? Are you searching to know Him through His word? Or do you love Him less? Do you love Him when it is convenient, when you are in need, when times are hard? 

Have a great day. Is Jesus the love of your life and the whole desire of your heart all the time?

For further reading:
John 3:16
Romans 5:8
Matthew 22:36-40

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Jun 2014, 9:45 pm

Coffee Break

"It Is A Pulpit"

"And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature." Mark 16:15

Not everyone is called to be a pastor, evangelist, missionary or some other minister. That being the case, many sit down and do nothing for the Kingdom. They think that just because they aren't in a pulpit somewhere preaching the gospel they are exempt. Not so. These were the words of Jesus-- "Go ye". This was a command from Him to us who are His disciples-- not a suggestion or an opinion. 

When you look at "go ye", it actually means-- as you are going, preach the gospel. So now it no longer applies to only a certain chosen few. It is a command to all of us who follow Him. This means that we are to "preach" the good news (gospel) of Jesus' love and salvation everywhere we go-- the grocery store, family gatherings, the gas station, at work, the doctors office... everywhere. You have heard the expression, "All the world's a stage"? Well for us it is, all the world is a stage... or rather a "pulpit".

Today, wherever you go remember that this is your "pulpit". Ask the Holy Spirit to guide and direct you. Ask Him if there is someone there that needs a word from Him. Ask Him if there is something He wants you to do or say where you are... from your pulpit.

Have a great day. All the world's a stage... or rather a pulpit... in which we are to "preach" the good news of Jesus. 

For further reading:
Acts 1:8
John 4:28-30

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 20 Jun 2014, 4:34 pm

"Enjoy This Day"

"Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof." Matthew 6:34

We live such fast paced lives. We are already thinking about and planning toward tomorrow or next week before we even start this day. Our lives are lived in the future, not the present. Sure there are demands on us that we have to meet that keep us busy with tomorrow so that we can't enjoy today. But this needs to change. 

When was the last time you just enjoyed "this day"? When was the last time that you did not allow yourself to be preoccupied with tomorrow and just take time to make the most of today? When was the last time, like the old saying goes, that you just stopped to "smell the roses"? When was the last time that you just sit down with your child and read a book? Or how long has it been since you sit outside in the evening and looked up at the stars? How long has it been since you put aside time to just take notice of all that God has given you today?

There is a danger of living too fast a life and thinking about the future instead of taking time to enjoy today. The danger is that we can get so preoccupied with the busyness and what we have to do tomorrow, or a week from now, or a month from now, that we don't take quiet time alone with the Lord each day. Daniel was a very busy man. He had the responsibility of governing under kings. Yet, three times a day he stopped what he was doing and went to God in prayer. He went to Him to seek His counsel, to honor Him, to acknowledge Him, to praise Him. For most of us this is a foreign idea, we do good if we get a quick prayer in while rushing out the door in the morning. This needs to change. 

Not only do we need to slow down and enjoy this day, we need to stop and enjoy communion with our Savior everyday. This is why so many are struggling, not knowing what to do or which way to go. We are taking thought of tomorrow, we are taking thought of all we have to do, we are taking thought of the future, but we are not taking thought of the Lord. 

Have a great day. Are you so consumed with tomorrow that you aren't enjoying today or the God who made this day? 

For further reading:
Daniel 6:10,13

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 20 Jun 2014, 1:12 pm

Coffee Break

"Attacked Off Guard"

"Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour." 1 Peter 5:8

I woke up during the middle of the night not feeling well for a minute. Before my eyes could even get open my thoughts started going in a particular direction about what might be happening. What I was thinking was so foreign to me. Where did those thoughts come from? I went back to sleep but the rest of the night I was restless. I kept thinking, even in my dreams, about this. When I woke up this morning, I realized that it was the enemy trying to make me fearful and believe his lies. 

This adversary the devil does not "play fair". He comes against you at some of the most unaware times. He will come against you when you are asleep through your dreams. Or wake you up out of sleep like he did me and start his lies. He waits to catch us, snare us and devour us when we are at our weakest. He will try when we are going through an emotional time. He tries when we are going through a time of pain or grief. He waits until our bodies are suffering with some sickness. He will come against us when we have just received bad news and then he will make sure that we receive more bad news on top of that. He wants to catch us off guard when we are preoccupied with other things-- cares and trials of this life. This way he can "sneak in the back door" undetected. 

We must stay on guard. We must keep ourselves full of God's word. We must pray over ourselves, our dreams and our subconscious before we go to bed. When we receive bad news, we must immediately pray for grace over our minds. We must daily put on the full armor of God. The enemy attacks us during these times because he knows that other wise he is no match for us because of Christ in us. This is why we must decrease daily so that it is Christ who is living in us at all times-- while we are awake, while we are asleep, while good things are happening in our lives and when bad reports come. "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." 1 John 4:4.

Have a great day. Stay on guard because the enemy is trying to attack you from behind when you lest expect him. 

For further reading:
Ephesians 6:11
John 10:10

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Coffee Break 

"Same Treatment"

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12

There is a "Golden Rule"-- Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. It doesn't say-- Do unto others the way they have done unto you. If we would make it our goal to live in such a way-- a way of treating others they same way we want to be treated-- this world would be a different place. 

What do your actions say about you? How do they say you want to be treated? Think about it. If you apply this rule to what you do in regard to others, then what are you saying to them? How are you telling them to treat you? If you are unkind, then you are telling them to be unkind to you. If you are cheating someone, abusing someone, lying about someone, taking advantage of someone else, gossiping about another person, refusing to forgive someone, then you are saying that you want others to do the same thing to you. 

There is a law, not just a rule, at work here. It is the Law of Sowing and Reaping. Whatever you sow, that is what you will reap. When you do anything to someone else, you are sowing something that you will reap later. If you sow kindness, you will reap kindness. If you sow mercy, you will reap mercy. If you sow hate, you will reap hate. If you sow bitterness, you will reap bitterness. My mother always said, "What goes around, comes around". So how do we keep from reaping the bad? By sowing good "seeds". How do we do that? By treating others the way we want to be treated. 

We can't stop the actions of others. We will reap some unpleasant things that we have not sown because of the wickedness in the hearts of others. And just because we treat others in a manner of goodness that we want to be treated with, doesn't mean that everyone will automatically treat you with goodness in return-- some may not. But you can be certain of this, if you do treat others in a way in which you don't want to be treated, you will reap that because it will be like having a sign pinned to yourself that says, "Mistreat Me!" So take heed how you are treating others. And ask yourself, "Is this how I would want them to treat me?"

Have a great day. The way you treat others is how you want to be treated.

For further reading:
Luke 6:13 
Galatians 6:7

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Jun 2014, 9:39 pm

Coffee Break

"Torn Apart"

"O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me: Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver." Psalm 7:1,2

Do you ever feel like this? Like you are being "torn apart"? Torn apart by those who are persecuting you? They are abusing you, using you, telling lies against you, taking advantage of you? Torn apart by circumstances that are beyond your control? Circumstances that are inflicted on you by life? Things that happen and you seem to have no answer as to why. Are you being "torn apart" by your emotions, by grief, by pain in your body, by demands of life, expectations of others? There are many things that happen in our lives that make us feel like they are literally tearing us apart. 

The Psalmist cried out for help when he was being persecuted, when he was going through this time. He knew that without help he would be "torn apart". He knew what he was going through would destroy him if he didn't find deliverance. We can learn from his experience during this time in his life, because it is no different for us-- we face the same things. 

Where did he go for help? "O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me". He knew that there was really only one place he could get the help he needed-- in the Lord his God. He knew there was "none to deliver" him here on earth. He didn't look to the king, to the army of men, to some military general, to the financial institutions of the day. He looked up to the only one who could give him the help and deliverance he needed. As we have said before, there are resources out there, but only one True Source of help. 

Are you being "torn apart" physically, spiritually, emotionally? Where are you going for help? Are you trying to help yourself? Are you running here and there? Have you considered the Lord? Have you sought His help? Have you looked to Him as your deliverer?

Have a great day. When life is "tearing you apart", where do you go for help to keep yourself together?

For further reading: 
Psalm 121:1
Hebrews 13:6

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 14 Jun 2014, 2:49 pm

Coffee Break

"Eat The Word"

"Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O Lord God of hosts." Jeremiah 15:16

God's word is not meant to be only read. We don't just read it like we do a newspaper, a magazine or an ordinary book. His word is meant to be "eaten". It is meant to be consumed. It is meant to be taken into our very being. We are to "consume" it and "feed" upon it. It is sustenance to our very heart and soul. 

Jesus said that man could not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds out of the mouth of God. Meat and bread is for the physical body to give it nourishment, strength and support. It supplies it with all the minerals and vitamins that it needs to be healthy and live. God's word is the "meat and bread" for our spiritual man. It is what gives us nourishment, strength and life. 

God's word is meant to be eaten. We do this through meditating on it. "Mine eyes prevent the night watches, that I might meditate in thy word." (Psalm 119:148)
Through studying it. "Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." (2 Timothy 2:15)
By hiding it in our hearts. "Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee." (Psalm 119:11)
By keeping it in our mouths. "But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach." (Romans 10:8)
By holding it in our hands and using the strength that it gives us. "And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God." (Ephesians 6:17)

The word of God is more than just black or red words on white paper. We must take it into our very being each and every day because it is life, it is health, it is marrow and fatness to our bones, it gives salvation, healing and deliverance. It keeps us going in the right direction. It protects us from error. It gives us strength to continue on when we are weak. It gives us power over the enemy. It gives light to dark situations. It gives us wisdom to know what to do and peace when we are confused. 

Are you "eating" and "consuming" God's word daily? Are you letting it nourish your soul? Transform your mind? Sustain your spirit?

Have a great day. God's word is spiritual food to the spiritual part of you. Are you eating it every day?

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Coffee Break

"Sinking Fear"

"But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me." Matthew 14:30

Peter had the courage to step out of the boat and walk on water at Jesus' command. But after he started walking, he started sinking. What caused Peter to sink? Was it the fact that what he was doing was impossible? Was it pride that he was walking on water? Was it concern about what the other disciples would think about him? No, to all. It was fear. 

Peter was walking until he got afraid. He got afraid because he looked at the stormy wind. The great lesson for us is two-fold: fear will stop us, fear will hinder us, fear will cause us to lose hope, fear will cause us to sink. Secondly, we will not fall prey to fear or be defeated by it if we keep our eyes on Jesus and off the situation that is promoting the fear.

Where are you looking this morning? At your circumstance? At the storm? At all that is raging around you? At the impossibility of what you are involved in? Or are you looking at Jesus? Jesus is the one who calms the storms, and who walks with us through them. Jesus is the one who told Peter to come when he asked. Jesus was on top of the stormy sea-- it was under His feet. It was under Peter's feet too. Jesus was the one close by and reaching out when Peter did begin to sink. He doesn't leave us in the storm or rough places-- even when we let fear start defeating us. 

Jesus is with you as well, walking on top of your circumstance. Keep your eyes on Him and you will keep fear from coming in to "sink" you.

Have a great day. Fear will sink you, but keeping your eyes on Jesus will sink fear.

For further reading:
Matthew 14:22-33 

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Jun 2014, 9:44 pm

Coffee Break

"Second Hand God"

"And David said to Solomon his son, Be strong and of good courage, and do it: fear not, nor be dismayed: for the Lord God, even my God, will be with thee; he will not fail thee, nor forsake thee, until thou hast finished all the work for the service of the house of the Lord." 1 Chronicles 28:20

In David's exhortation to his son Solomon, he told him that his God would be with him and that He would not fail him or forsake him, but would stay with him until the task was finished. What David said about his God was all true. But Solomon needed to know how true it was for himself. He needed for David's God to be his God.

It is not enough to know about God through second hand knowledge. It is not enough that He is your mother's God, or your father's God, or even the pastor's God. That does you no good spiritually. It is not until you know Him for yourself that you can have the confidence and trust in Him that you need to have. 

Jesus asked His disciples, "Who do men say that I am?" What others say about Him is not what is most important. "But whom do you say I am?" That was the heart of the matter that Jesus was getting to. Who do you say He is? Who is He to you personally? Is He someone else's God or your God? Do you know Him for yourself? Ruth knew about Naomi's God through all that Naomi had told her about Him. But that wasn't enough. She needed Him for her own self. We should be like Ruth to Naomi-- your God shall be my God. 

Have a great day. It is not about having a second hand knowledge of who God is, it is about having a personal experience with Him. 

For further reading:
Matthew 16:13-16 
Ruth 1:16

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Jun 2014, 6:53 am

Coffee Break

"Finding God?"

"Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near." Isaiah 55:6

There are people who are always trying to "find" God. Then there are those who have Him in their lives and are so thankful that they "found" Him. I have said the same, "I am so glad I found God". Well, God was never lost. We are the ones who were lost and needed to be found. We were lost in trespasses and sin. We needed someone to come looking for us, instead of us looking for someone to save us.

When Jesus came to earth, He came to "seek" and to save that which was lost. He didn't hide Himself. He was out in the public daily. In the very beginning, God didn't hide from man, it was man who hid from Him. "And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden." (Genesis 3:8)

Are you still "lost" this morning? Are you hiding from the Lord? Are you needing to be found? Finding God is not hard to do. He is not way off somewhere unable to be found. He is not hard to find. Seek Him and He will be found. Call upon Him, He is near. He will hear you calling. He will come to you. He will come just as He did for Adam in the Garden. He will come just as He did through His Son Jesus. This is the difference between Christianity and other religions. In the other religions man is making an attempt to find God and get to where He is by their own merits and deeds-- man is seeking God. In Christianity God is the One who came to earth seeking man and allows him to come through the merits and deeds of Jesus Christ-- God is seeking man. Since He is the One seeking, you can rest assured He will be "found". 

Have a great day. God is not lost. We are the ones who are lost and need to be found. God came looking for us through Jesus. 

For further reading:
Jeremiah 29:14
Luke 19:10
Isaiah 53:6 

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 07 Jun 2014, 10:47 pm

Coffee Break

"How Great God Is"

"When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained. What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?" Psalm 8:3,4

This song has been on my heart for the past couple of days. I believe it would be a good idea to just read and re-read the words, ponder and meditate on what it is saying over the weekend.

"How Great Thou Art"

O Lord my God, When I in awesome wonder,
Consider all the worlds Thy Hands have made;
I see the stars, I hear the rolling thunder,
Thy power throughout the universe displayed.

Then sings my soul, My Saviour God, to Thee,
How great Thou art, How great Thou art.
How great Thou art, How great Thou art!

When through the woods, and forest glades I wander,
And hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees.
When I look down, from lofty mountain grandeur
And see the brook, and feel the gentle breeze.

And when I think of God, His Son not sparing;
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.

When Christ shall come, with shout of acclamation,
And take me home, what joy shall fill my heart.
Then I shall bow, in humble adoration,
And then proclaim: "My God, how great Thou art!"

Have a great day. How great is God? We can't even fathom. How great is God! Greater than we can describe!

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 06 Jun 2014, 10:19 pm

Coffee Break

"Get His Attention"

"And, behold, two blind men sitting by the way side, when they heard that Jesus passed by, cried out, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of David. And the multitude rebuked them, because they should hold their peace: but they cried the more, saying, Have mercy on us, O Lord, thou son of David." Matthew 20:30,31

The crowd tried to shut these blind men up. They told them to be quite, but they cried out to Jesus even louder. They knew that Jesus was their only hope. They knew their opportunity to be able to see was passing by. If they would ever be able to see, here was their chance. They paid no attention to the crowd. They did not allow the others to keep them quiet. They knew the crowd couldn't help them. They knew that no one who was telling them to be quiet had their answer. There was no one that day that could give them what they needed but Jesus. So they did whatever it took to get Jesus' attention. 

It is the same with us. Jesus is the only one who can meet our need. Like we have said in past days. Others are only resources, but He is the source. Don't let anyone stop you from getting to Him. Don't let intimidation stop you. Don't let fear stop you. Don't let the jeers of people stop you. Don't let the accusations of the enemy- his condemnation and words of guilt-- stop you. Be persistent. Don't allow anything to shut you up or stop you. The woman with the issue of blood didn't let anything stop her either, she pressed through the crowd and the weakness of her own body to touch Jesus. 

Because they didn't let anything stop them, they got Jesus' attention. He heard their cries. He stopped and stood still and called for them to come to Him. When we will persist in our cries to Him, when we don't let anything stop us from getting to Him, He will stop for us too and call us to Himself. He will look at us through eyes of compassion and minister to us at the point of our need. We may not need to receive our sight. But whatever our need is, we must continue to call out to Him and He will meet it too whatever it is.

Have a great day. Don't let anything or anyone stop you from getting Jesus' attention. 

For further reading:
Matthew 20:30-34
Philippians 4:19

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 05 Jun 2014, 7:53 pm

Coffee Break

"Follow Wherever He Goes"

"And he saith unto them, Follow me..." Matthew 4:19

We aren't called to follow a religion, a philosophy, or an ideology. We are called to follow a person, but not just any person. We are called to follow Jesus the Only Begotten Son of God. 

Many have turned back from following Him because they were disillusioned. They thought that following Him would mean a life of blessings, perfect peace, happiness, no hardships and nothing but joy. But they found that this wasn't the case. "From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him." (John 6:66)

Following Jesus takes us into many places. There are those wonderful times when following Him leads us besides still waters-- places of peace, rest and plenty. "He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters." (Psalm 23:2) But not all of them are "pleasant" places. 

Following Him also takes us into the wilderness to be tempted. "Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil." (Matthew 4:1)

It takes us into places of being hated for His name sake. "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake." (Luke 21:17) 

It takes us into places of suffering. "Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered." (Hebrews 5:8)

It takes us to a place of crucifixion and self denial. The crucifixion of self. The denial of our own selfish desires and ambitions. "Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me." (Matthew 16:24)

It takes us into a place where we may have to leave the familiar and comfortable. "Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me." (Matthew 19:21) 

Following Jesus takes us into some difficult places that is why we must count the cost before we begin the journey with Him. Will it cost us something? Did it cost Jesus something to follow His Father's will? The answer to both is yes. But will it be worth it? You have to decide. This is a question that we each have to answer for ourselves, no one can answer or do our following for us. Are you willing to follow Him? "And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God." (Luke 9:62) Will following Him cost you something here? But what you will receive later at the end of the journey will far exceed what you went through here as you followed Him. "For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us." (Romans 8:18) "It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us." (2 Timothy 2:11,12) 

Have a great day. Following Jesus takes us into many places- not always easy ones. But it will be worth it in the end. 

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 04 Jun 2014, 10:00 pm

Coffee Break

"The Real Source"

"And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou son of David, have mercy on me." Luke 13:38

Yesterday we talked about seeking the Lord first before we seek out others when we are in need. This morning I feel compelled to talk about it again. If our needs are going to be met we are going to have to go to the right source of help. 

When Queen Esther's people were threatened with death, she didn't go to one of her servants for help. She didn't turn to her friends. She went straight to the one who could grant her petition-- the king. When the blind man sat by the roadside desiring to have his sight restored, he didn't cry out to Peter or James, he cried out to the One who could give him sight- Jesus. 

Who are we crying out to? Are we looking to politicians to meet our need? Are we looking to some prophet to help us? Are we looking to the doctors to heal us? Are we looking to the credit union to pay our bills? Like I said yesterday, God can use any vessel He wants to use-- He has used a donkey, a raven, a pitcher of oil, judges, doctors, kings, etc. But these only offer aid and assistance-- they are not the source of our help.

I don't have the power in and of myself to save myself, heal myself, deliver myself, provide for myself, strengthen myself, give myself wisdom, and so on, and neither do you or anyone else. It is because we are not the Source. We have nothing and can do nothing apart from God. Whatever we have, whatever we can do, it all comes through Him. It is only because He gives us the power, the ability, and the know how to do it. Outside of Him we posses nothing. Even Jesus said that He could do nothing without His Father. 

We must stop running to and fro seeking out help that is just as inadequate as we are. We must go directly to the Source of our help. Again, hear what I am saying-- what the Spirit is saying through me-- God has all kinds of resources available to us. But they are only resources not the Source. We tend to seek out the resources but neglect to seek out the Source of those resources. God is saying, "Seek Me first. Come to Me first and I will lead you and guide you and direct you in the way to go". 

Have a great day. Resources are only aids. God is the true Source of our help. 

For further reading:
John 5:19
Philippians 4:13

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 03 Jun 2014, 8:33 pm

Coffee Break

"Wrong Order"

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matthew 6:33

Where is the first place you go when you are in trouble or need help? Do you run to this person or that person, to this place or that place? Do you, after you have exhausted every avenue you can think of that might give you help, then turn to God? Do you wait and go to Him after all else fails? If so, you have got it out of order.

Am I saying that we shouldn't seek out places and people that have been established to offer help with certain needs? Am I saying that when we are sick we shouldn't go to the doctor, or seek council from a friend, or guidance from someone qualified in that particular area? No, I believe God can, and does, use people to help us. What I am saying is that we should not automatically turn to them as our "first" resort. And then after they can't help us we decide to turn to God. He should always be our first resort. We should look to Him first. It might be that He will then tell us to seek out the help of this one or that one. 

We should give God the first "option" to see what He says, or will do, about the situation. Then do whatever He tells us to do. At the wedding of Cana they ran out of wine. Mary told the servants to do whatever Jesus told them to do. She turned to Him first with the need. He met it and a great miracle was seen. I tend to believe that if we would do the same we might see more miracles than we have been seeing. But how can we ever witness a miracle if we don't bring the Miracle Worker into the situation? 

Again, I am not saying that God can't or doesn't use people to meet our need, He often does. I am just saying that He should not be our last resort after everything else we have tried has failed. He should always be the first place we run to, and maybe we would experience more miracles if we give Him the chance to do something on our behalf first.

Have a great day. Who do you go to first when you have a need?

For further reading:
John 2:1-11

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 May 2014, 10:16 pm

Coffee Break

"Keep Holding On"

"And he said, Let me go, for the day breaketh. And he said, I will not let thee go, except thou bless me." Genesis 32:26

I had a dream last night and the only thing I can remember about it was seeing three words written on paper-- "keep holding on". I remember thinking that this was the word for the devotional this morning. I also thought that some who read it would think that it pertained to a particular situation they were in. But when I woke up it was clear to me that what it meant was-- keep holding on to Jesus. Don't let Him go. Hold on to Him regardless of what is going on in your life. Don't cast Him away. Don't turn from Him. Hold on to Him tightly. Be determined that no matter what else you have to let go of, don't let Him go. He is your life. He is your everything. Without Him you have nothing. 

As I entered my office this morning, still pondering those three words, a song that I haven't heard in years came to me. I have written the lyrics below. Today and everyday make this the theme song and battle cry of your life. 

I'll keep holding on to Jesus,
I'll keep holding on to Jesus
I'll keep holding to those precious nail scarred hands.
Though my way I can't see clearly,
And my step become so weary
I'll keep holding to those precious nail scarred hands.

Have a great day. Keep holding on to Jesus. 

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 May 2014, 4:26 pm

Coffee Break

"Guard Your Joy"

"...for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10b

We have an adversary who goes about seeking whom he may devour. He comes to steal, kill and destroy. One of the things he desires to steal from us is our joy. He wants to steal it because that is where our strength lies. 

He tries to steal it through many different avenues. He will try to steal it through broken relationships, through the loss of employment, through a bad report, through sickness, through a time of sorrow, etc. Therefore, we must guard against allowing our joy to be stolen. We can't stop bad things from happening in our lives. This life is full of tribulation. But we can stop him from stealing our joy when bad things happen.

How do we guard and protect our joy? Through praise. When things come to try to steal our joy, then is when we should offer up a sacrifice of praise. No, we aren't praising the Lord for the bad thing, we are praising Him in spite of it. We are praising Him because He is faithful- faithful to see us through. We praise Him for His love- His love that covers us. We praise Him for His grace-- grace that is sufficient for whatever we face. We praise Him for His mercy-- that endures forever. We praise Him for His abiding presence with us-- He never leaves nor forsakes us. We focus on Him instead of the "storm" or the problems that we are facing.

Have a great day. The enemy wants to steal your strength. So guard your joy, because that is where your strength lies.

For further reading:
John 10:10; 16:33
1 Peter 5:8

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Coffee Break

"Foolish Way"

"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty." 1 Corinthians 1:27

God uses some of the most "foolish", by our way of thinking, things to do His work in our lives. He used a raven to feed a prophet. He used a donkey to speak to a wayward prophet. He used a rod in the hands of Moses. He used three hundred men to defeat a vast army. God's ways are not our ways. He uses what He decides to use, not what we think He should use. We are so limited in our way of thinking, but He is All Wise and All Knowing. He knows just what to do, how to do it and when to do it. And when He uses foolish things, He alone can receive the glory for it. 

When the Lord delivered the children of Israel out of Egypt, He could have taken them in a different direction. He took them to the Red Sea. When they got to the sea, He could have miraculously provided them all boats, or He could have supernaturally translated them to the other side. Instead He opened up the sea and they crossed on the sea bed to the other side. By doing it this way, the people were delivered to safety, He was glorified and their enemy was destroyed. 

Are you going through some trial this morning? Are you in a situation? God hasn't forgotten you. He knows where you are and what you are going through. He has a plan already laid out for you. Just because what He is doing doesn't come the way you want it to doesn't mean He isn't working on your behalf. Don't try to figure out how God will bring your answer. Leave that part up to Him. He will bring it the best way. 

Have a great day. God often uses foolish things to accomplish His plan in our lives. 

For further reading:
1 Kings 17:1-4
Exodus 13:17,18; 15:1
Isaiah 55:8,9

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Coffee Break

"I Need Water"

"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is." Psalm 63:1

There are times when my body feels so dry and thirsty. When this happens, I go get a drink of water. I have plants in my house and when they start looking dry and beginning to wilt, I water them. When the flowers in my yard are dry and shriveling up, I get out the water hose and water them. When our pets are thirsty, we put a bowl of water out for them. 

When living things get dry and thirsty, we water them. The spiritual part of us is living and if we neglect it, it will get dry too. So what do we do? If water is the remedy for every other living thing, then it is the same answer for our spirits. We have to water them. 

Are you feeling dry inside? Are you feeling like you are "wilting" on the vine? Well, when was the last time you were "watered"? When was the last time you watered your spirit? How do we water our spirits? "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word." (Ephesians 5:26) With God's Word. You water it by opening God's Word and filling your spirit up with it. You read it and you meditate on it. I am not talking about just a verse or two. I am talking about a good "soaking". When my plants are dry and wilting, I don't just give them a drop or two of water, I give them a good soaking. It is amazing what that will do for them. Their leaves are no longer droopy. They stand upright. And they look refreshed again. 

We need to daily water our spirits. We need to soak them in God's Word. It is the "water" that we need to get refreshed and come back alive.

Have a great day. If your spirit is feeling dry, when was the last time you watered it?

For further reading:
Psalm 68:6; 107:35
Isaiah 55:1

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 May 2014, 11:48 am

Coffee Break

"Memorial Day"

Today we are remembering, and honoring, the sacrifices that were made by so many who fought and died for our freedom. We should never forget or take lightly what was done by these brave men and women. 

Over three thousand years ago there was another sacrifice that was made to insure our freedom and liberation from sin. This sacrifice wasn't made by an army or a multitude. It was made by one person, yet it had the power to free all mankind. It wasn't made on an earthly battlefield. It was made on one spot- Calvary. There were no guns or cannons involved, just an old rugged cross. It was so victorious that it never has to be fought again. It took place once and for all. It was the sacrifice made by Jesus on the cross. 

The word memorial means: something, especially a structure, established to remind people of a person or event. Once a year we remember the brave soldiers who fought and died for our freedom. But daily we should remember what Jesus did for us to set us free from sin and death. Our reminder (our memorial) is the cross. Never take the cross lightly. Never look at it and ignore what was done. Keep the cross in focus. Go to the cross daily and offer up thanksgiving and praise to Jesus for what He has done for you. 

Have a great day. When you look at the cross, remember the greatest sacrifice that was made for you by Jesus-- the forgiveness and freedom from your sins. 

For further reading:
John 3:16,17
Hebrews 10:12

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 25 May 2014, 11:54 am

Coffee Break 

"Watch And Pray"

"Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." Matthew 26:41

As I was praying about what to share with you this morning, I kept hearing the phrase- "Watch and pray". Twice this phrase is used in the scriptures, and both times Jesus was the one who said it. The other place is found in Mark 13:33- "Take ye heed, watch and pray: for ye know not when the time is." 

I believe this is a word for someone this morning. You are to simply "watch and pray". Sometimes we miss our answer because we want some deep, step by step detailed answer. We want the Lord to tell us who, what, where, when and how. He could but He doesn't always answer like that. Sometimes we miss our answer because the answer is just too simple. It reminds me of the time my friend and I went to the nursing home and told a man about the plan of salvation. He thanked us but told us that what we had said was just too simple. He thought it should be some hard thing he had to do. 

Don't look over this word this morning because you think your answer should come a certain way or because you think it is too simple. He "sent" me to tell you to just "watch and pray".

Have a great day. Sometimes our answer is so simple that we miss it.

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 23 May 2014, 9:43 pm

Coffee Break

"Familiar Place"

"Simon Peter saith unto them, I go a fishing. They say unto him, We also go with thee. They went forth, and entered into a ship immediately; and that night they caught nothing." John 21:3

The disciples had just witnessed the crucifixion and resurrection of Jesus. They had placed their hopes, dreams and faith in Him. They had surrendered their lives to His call. But now He was dead. They felt totally lost, helpless and hopeless. Their dreams had been shattered. Then three days later Jesus appeared to them and continued to appear to them for a period of time. They had heard His words while He was on earth. He had given them a commission to fulfill. They heard His words and saw the signs He done after His resurrection. But what were they to do about it? What were they to do with the rest of their lives? What would become of them? How would they do what Jesus had commanded them to do?

I can tell you what Peter did-- he went fishing. He went back to a place that was familiar to him--back to what he knew. He went back to the place where he felt comfortable and in control.

When we are confused, feeling hopeless, facing a trial, going through a difficulty, what do we do? We do the same thing-- we go to a familiar place. We go to the place where we feel safe and in control. We go to that familiar place which seems to put our minds at ease. For Peter it was fishing. For some today their "familiar place" is drugs and alcohol. For others it is eating-- they find it in food. To others that familiar place is work. It is a place where they don't feel confused but know what they are doing-- it is familiar. There is a whole list of familiar places where us humans resort to-- as many different ones as there are people. 

There is one familiar place that we should resort to when we are facing difficulty, despair, confusion and our lives seem to be spinning out of control. Jesus daily resorted to His familiar place-- the place of prayer. The place of prayer should be our most familiar place as well. It should be where we resort to when facing life's trying situations. Did you hear me? I said it should be our "familiar" place-- familiar because we frequent it often, not just visit it once and a while. Is that your familiar place this morning? Is that where you go? Is that where you go to find peace, direction and hope? Or do you go to some other place because the place of prayer is not familiar to you and that place is? 

Have a great day. We all have a familiar place that we go to when life is trying. What is your familiar place? 

For further reading:
John 21:1-3

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 May 2014, 7:04 pm

Coffee Break 

"The Only One"

"And he said, I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts: because the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword; and I, even I only, am left; and they seek my life, to take it away." 1 Kings 19:14

Have you ever felt like "you are the only one"? No one else knows what you are going through. No one else knows how it feels. What has happened to you hasn't happened to anyone else. We all go through that at some point. Our pain is so bad, our grief is so overwhelming, our problem so big, our situation so daunting that no one else could possible know or have ever experienced it. 

None of us are exempt from this feeling of "self-pity". (Which is what it actually is.) Even the prophets of old felt this way. Elijah was considered one of the greatest prophets to ever live, yet he experienced this feeling himself. He had had a tremendous victory in the Lord-- even calling fire down from heaven and destroying all the prophets of Baal. But within days he was running from an evil woman for fear of his life and sitting in a cave feeling sorry for himself and wanting to die. 

Elijah spoke this same statement twice. First to the people at Mt. Carmel when charging them to return to the Lord and stop serving Baal. "Then said Elijah unto the people, I, even I only, remain a prophet of the Lord; but Baal's prophets are four hundred and fifty men." (1 Kings 18:22) Then to the Lord when He confronted him in the cave. The first time he said it, it was spoken out of pride. The second time he spoke it, it was out of self-pity. Pride always goes before a destruction. 

The fact remains that we aren't alone in what we go through. It is all "common" to man. Don't develop a prideful attitude about your troubles-- you are not the only one who has ever gone through it. You are not the only one to stand strong and overcome. It will lead to other attitudes that will pull you down. Don't allow self-pity to come in. Again, you are not the only one who has ever gone through it. You are not by yourself. Granted not everyone will understand what you are facing. Not all have yet walked that same path. But remember this when you are walking through anything. While those around you may not know what you are going through, Jesus does. He has been through it all. He knows. He understands. He is touched by the feelings of your infirmities because He was tempted in all points just like you are. So, you are not the only one. Guard your mind against that.

Have a great day. You are not the only one who has experienced what you are going through. Jesus has already gone through it. 

For further reading:
Proverbs 16:18
Romans 11:4
Hebrews 4:15

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 May 2014, 7:18 pm

Coffee Break

"Ordered Steps"

"The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way." Psalm 37:23

When we think about a "good" man, we think about someone who is morally right. As I was looking a little closer at this verse the meaning of the word "good" here has a greater emphasis. It means: man, strong man, warrior (emphasizing strength or ability to fight). When you look at the verse with this definition of what it means by "a good man", it gives a whole new meaning to what is being said.

This verse lets us know that no matter who we are, even a mighty warrior, we don't have the ability to direct our steps. Your strength doesn't make you strong enough to know how to walk, what to do and where to go without the direction of the Lord. It is that way with all of us. This verse, in essence, let's us know that no matter who we are-- the strong, the well educated, the talented, the old, young, male, or female-- nothing we possess within ourselves empowers or enables us to be able to walk through this life on our own. We have to have the Lord directing our steps. We have to acknowledge Him with each step we take. 

Are you trusting in your strength, your education, your know how to navigate you through life? It won't. One of the definitions for ordered means: to be firmly established, be stable, be secure, be enduring. Does that sound like something your strength can do for you? Does it sound like something education can make happen? Does it sound like your courage can firmly establish you? The Lord is the only One who can give us stability and make us secure. He is the only One who can keep our feet upon the right path. He is the only One who can keep us from slipping as we walk because He firmly establishes and directs our steps. 

The Lord can make our walk firm and secure. He can give us guidance and direction. But only if we are willing to let Him. So who is directing your steps-- the Lord or your self?

Have a great day. No matter how strong, popular, talented or well educated you may be, it is not enough to direct your own steps... only the Lord can do that.

For further reading:
Psalm 94:18; 18:36

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 May 2014, 9:00 pm

Coffee Break

"Does He Care?"

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Do not accuse God of not caring! Just because you are going through a difficulty, problem, trying time or an unpleasant situation is no indication that God does not care about you. He does! He cares so much about you that He sent, or rather gave up, His Only Begotten Son for you when you were in your greatest need.

Our greatest need is that of salvation and eternal life. We were hopelessly lost. We had rebelled against God and as a result separated ourselves from Him-- forever! We were unable to do anything about the state we were in. There was nothing we could do. We couldn't work hard enough, be good enough, do enough to change our condition-- we were lost eternally. Sin had come in and made us a prisoner. We could never be free. But God cared about and loved us so much that He stepped in and made a way for us to come out of our hopeless situation. We didn't ask Him to do it. He didn't owe it to us. He wasn't at fault. He hadn't turned His back on us. Yet He came and gave us a way of hope and eternal life. That Way was through giving up His Son Jesus as a ransom for our sins.

If God loved you so much and cared for you so deeply when you were living in sin and rebellion against Him, why would you think that He doesn't care about you now. Why, now that you have accepted His Way and are living in fellowship with Him, would you think He has stopped caring? If He loved you at your worst and did something to show you how much He cared-- by paying the ultimate price for you to be saved and become His child-- why would He not care about you in your time of hardship? 

The truth is that He does care! He hasn't stopped caring! He hasn't stopped loving you! Don't judge Him by what you are going through. We all "go through", but God cares enough that He "goes through" it with you. And He is there with you!

Have a great day. Just what else does God have to do to prove to you that He does care? He has already made the greatest sacrifice there is to prove that He cares.

For further reading:
John 3:17
1 Peter 5:7
Mark 10:45
Romans 5:8

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next