World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:39 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:44 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:26 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:52 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:43 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 7:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 9:44 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 8:06 pm by Admin

» AISH
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 6:50 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Coffee Break - Page 3 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Coffee Break

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next

Go down

Coffee Break - Page 3 Empty Re: Coffee Break

Post  Admin Sat 17 May 2014, 10:57 pm

Coffee Break

"When Is Due Season?"

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not." Galatians 6:9

We are all familiar with the four seasons- spring, summer, fall and winter. But there is a fifth season. It is call "due season". Due season isn't marked by a certain date on the calendar. It is a "spiritual" season and it comes around just as surely as the four physical ones. 

Each of the four seasons come at a particular time and are characterized by certain qualities. For example, winter comes at the end of one year and the beginning of another. It is characterized by cold, rain and snow. So when is "due" season and what are its characteristics?

Due season is a time that is appointed by God, and only known by Him. It happens in His perfect timing. God promised Abraham the he would have a son. Abraham tried to rush his "due" season and make it happen on his time table. King Saul also tried to make "due" season come in his timing, instead of waiting for the Prophet Samuel to come which would have ushered in his "due" season. God told Jeremiah that the children of Israel would be in bondage for seventy years. At the end of the seventy years their "due" season would come. Joseph tried to rush his "due" season by asking the butler to remember him to Pharaoh. "Due" season is marked on God's calendar, not ours. 

Due season is characterized by a time of receiving and experienced by a time of reaping. Abraham's "due" season came when Isaac was born. King Saul missed his "due" season completely. The children of Israel's "due" season came when they were released from bondage. Joseph's "due" season came when he was released from prison and promoted to the palace.

We each have a "due" season. It is a time when God fulfills and brings to pass in our lives what He has promised. It comes when what we have patiently waited on Him and it is manifested. It comes when what we have sown comes to fruition and we can reap it. You may be in your "due" season, or you may still be waiting for it to come. Don't get weary in waiting. Do what you would do in the natural seasons-- continue on with life, awaiting its arrival. It will come when God says it will come. And when it does, it will be in His perfect timing accomplishing His perfect will.

Have a great day. There is a "due season" and it will come to your life. 

For further reading:
Psalm 145:15
Leviticus 26:4

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< 
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness .org 
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge. 
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 May 2014, 5:41 pm

Coffee Break

"Smarter"

"As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all." Ecclesiastes 11:5

Let's face it, we aren't as smart as we would like to think we are. This way of thinking starts in us at a very early age. Even as toddlers when we are offered help, we insist that we can do it by ourselves. When we become teenagers, we know it all-- we are smarter than our parents or anyone else for that matter. As adults, we don't like to be made to feel like we don't know what we are doing. We try to give the impression that we know it-- often, faking it. The definition for this is called "pride and independence". 

We want to be independent-- we want to do it ourselves without help. We are too proud to admit that there is something we can't do or don't know. Pride says I can do it, I know it all, I don't need someone else to tell me what and how to do it. The only problem with this though is that we often exhibit this same attitude toward God. We try to tell Him what to do. We act toward Him as if we can take care of whatever it is we are facing. We have the same-- I can do it by myself attitude-- with Him. The fact is that we can't.

The Bible says that there are things that are impossible for us. Yes, it does say we can do all things through Christ which strengthens us. But it says-- through Christ, not through ourselves. Jesus told us that without Him we can do nothing. Having an independent spirit in some cases and to some degree is not a bad thing unless you are dealing with the Lord. 

Face it, you can't do it all. You don't know it all. You are not that smart. You don't have it all together. Does this sound "negative"? It isn't. On the contrary, it is very positive because it is the truth. Truth always sets us free-- which is a positive plus in our lives. We need to humble ourselves before the Lord and acknowledge that without Him we are nothing and can do nothing. We need to acknowledge to Him that we need Him-- desperately need Him. When was the last time you "climbed into His lap" in prayer, and told Him how much you need Him? When was the last time you expressed to Him, how weak you are without Him? When was the last time you admitted to Him that you just don't know everything? When was the last time that you confessed to Him that you are not that smart, but that you know He is?

Have a great day. We aren't as smart as we like to think we are. So swallow your pride and admit to God that He is and that you need His help. 

For further reading:
Philippians 4:13
John 15:5
James 4:10
2 Corinthians 12:9

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 May 2014, 8:16 pm

Coffee Break 

"One Good Reason"

"Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life." John 6:68

Have you ever heard anyone say, "Why should I follow you? Give me one good reason why I should do this or that?" Maybe you have said it too. When Jesus calls to us, He calls us to "follow Him". Some immediately follow without reservation. Some take their time in making the decision to do so. Then there are others who want to know. "Why should I? Give me one good reason why I should follow Jesus." 

So, why should we follow Him? Some make that decision because they think that by following Him it means an end to all their problems. They think that once they do life will become easy for them. But once you start following Jesus you find that the opposite is true. You seem to have more problems after you started following Him than before. Some follow because they are trying to please someone else and make someone else happy. Following for that reason will only make you miserable instead. It takes away the joy that comes when your heart motive is right. Some follow Him because they have heard about how "blessed" those who do are. They don't realize that "blessings" don't always mean "material wealth". 

There are as many different reasons as to why people follow Jesus as there are people. But there is only one true reason for doing so. "You have the words of eternal life." Jesus not only has the words of eternal life, He is The Word. He is Eternal Life. We follow Him because He is the "Life Giver". Outside of Him there is no life. Without Him we are walking, breathing corpses-- dead men walking. We may be up on our feet, breathing air, doing activity, but inside we are dead and lifeless. 

When God told Adam that he would die when he ate of the forbidden tree, He meant that Adam (and all mankind) would die inside- not physically. Adam did, and so did we. We are "born dead". This is why Jesus told Nicodemus you must be "born again". Only Jesus has the power to resurrect us to life-- inward life. Only He can bring us from death to life. Only He has the power to put life into us, because He is the Life, Truth and Way. 

So what is one good reason why we should follow Him? I could give you countless reasons, but the main one is because without Him we have no life. "In him was life; and the life was the light of men." (John 1:4) "Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." (John 6:53) Except we "partake" of Jesus (receive Him and follow Him) we have no life. That's our main reason. 

Have a great day. One good reason why we should follow Jesus? Because He gives us life. 

For further reading:
Matthew 4:19,22
John 1:1; 3:3,7; 14:6
Genesis 2:17
Romans 5:12

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

Coffee Break 

"Speaking And Listening To Fables"

"Hast thou an arm like God? or canst thou thunder with a voice like him?" Job 40:9

The other afternoon my six year old granddaughter was here at my house. She and I went outside to put her bicycle up before it rained. It was thundering and she asked me, "What is it about God and thunder?" I told her that some people say when it thunders that it is God "moving His furniture around". But the Bible says that God speaks through the thunder. She told me, "I will go with God"-- meaning that she would go with what God says instead of what people say about it. I told her, "Me too".

As a grandmother I was thrilled to hear her say that. As Christians we should always "go with what God says". But sadly, we are living in a time that the Bible said would happen. People would have itching ears, hearing only what they wanted to hear. They would give heed to fables, commandments of men, teachings of traditions, worldly philosophies and turn away from the truth.

We need to be people who speak the truth of God's word. I could have told my granddaughter the same thing others say about the thunder-- God moving His furniture around. After all, she is only six. That would have sounded more like what a six year old would like to hear. But the problem with that is... it is not the truth. We not only need to hear and heed the truth and reject anything and everything that is contrary to God's word-- which is Truth. But we also need to speak the Word of Truth-- and only the Truth-- when we have the opportunity. Telling my granddaughter the truth that God speaks through the thunder helps root her and ground her in the truth, instead of giving her a false belief in some man's fable. It reveals the nature and character of this Mighty God who is so powerful that even His voice often sounds like thunder. It helps her spiritually to get a bigger picture of who God is. Telling her that it is God moving His furniture around is just a lie and will bring more damage to her soul. But we excuse such because we think it is something "cute" to tell the children. Tell them the truth! Speak the truth. Be people of the truth-- even if it isn't cute or popular. 

If we listen to fables and those things that tickle our ears, then we will bring damage to our souls. We will be confused, we will believe a lie, we will follow the wrong direction and wind up on a broad wide way that leads to destruction thinking it is the path of truth. It is only the truth that will make us free-- Thy Word is Truth, not the fables of man. Only the truth will empower us, build us up and encourage us. God's Word is the only truth... everything that is contrary is false and a lie.

Have a great day. Be a person who listens to the truth of God's word and speaks the truth of His Word-- not fables or enticing words of men. 

For further reading:
Titus 1:14
2 Timothy 4:3,4 

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 May 2014, 6:26 pm

Coffee Break

"Jesus Understands"

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin." Hebrews 4:15

Have you ever heard anyone say, "You just don't understand what I am going through"? Maybe you have said it. Maybe you have gone through a situation and felt like that. When we are going through a situation, we have a tendency to think that "we are the only ones" who have ever experienced this. True enough I may not have walked through some places where you are walking. I may not have gone through certain situations or through the same trial that you are facing. But we can never say that nobody understands, because there is one who does.... Jesus.

I don't know what you are facing this morning. I don't know what you may be going through. I may not know how you feel. But Jesus does. Jesus knows what you are going through. Jesus understands how you feel. He is acquainted with your grief, your suffering and your pain. He knows what it is like to be tempted as you are being tempted. He knows what it is like to feel rejection. He knows what it is like to feel betrayed. He understands what it means to be forsaken and abandoned in time of need. He knows it all. He knows because He has walked through it all.

Are you feeling alone in what you are going through? Do you feel as if no one has a clue how you feel and what is happening? Remember that Jesus knows. Remember that He cares. Remember that He has walked down that same path-- and He walked it for you. He know exactly how you feel and what you are going through. He subjected Himself to all "points" so that He would know. You may accuse me of not understanding or knowing what you are going through, and rightfully so if I haven't been through it. But you can never accuse Jesus of not understanding. He understands... He went through it first, before you did. So look to Him. Confide in Him. Trust Him. Ask Him to help you get through it. Ask Him to show you how He got through it. Then take hold of the victory that He got when He overcame it and walk in it.

Have a great day. No one else may understand what you are going through, but you can't accuse Jesus of that-- He understands when nobody else does.

For further reading:
John 1:14
Isaiah 53

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 11 May 2014, 4:43 pm

Coffee Break

"God Is Still Good"

"Truly God is good to Israel, even to such as are of a clean heart." Psalm 73:1

We judge circumstances as either good or bad. We judge people as either good or bad. We also tend to judge God as either good or bad. We call Him good when He does good things for us and gives us blessings that we easily recognize. But we judge God as bad when He "allows" bad things to happen to us. We judge Him as bad when tragedy happens, there is a loss, things don't go our way, we lose our jobs, we are diagnosed with an illness and so on.

I may be wishy-washy because I am wrestling with my flesh-- there is a war between the flesh and spirit taking place inside of me. Therefore, one day I may act "good" and the next day do "bad" things. But God is not like that. He is not like mankind. He is not wishy-washy, up and down, going from good to bad, tempted to do evil. God is a good God with a Holy nature that does not change. His nature never changes. He is what He is-- always has been and always will be. He was love at the beginning and is still love today. He was good at the beginning and still is good today and tomorrow. 

Have you been judging God? Are you judging His holy and righteous nature as bad because you thought He should have moved in a certain way but didn't? Are you among those who say, "If He was a good God why did He let that bad thing happen? Why didn't He stop it?" No one but God Himself can answer that question. No one but God has that kind of wisdom. No one but God sees the end of a thing before it even begins. I just don't know why and may never know why some bad things happen. But this I do know--- regardless, nothing changes who God is. He is a good God. He is infinitely good beyond our ability to even define good. Your misjudgment of Him will not change Him. All the bad in the world that happens will not change the fact that He is still a good God. Like the saying goes, "God is good, all the time, and all the time, God is good!!"

Have a great day. Stop judging God just because something bad happened. That doesn't change Him from still being a good God.

For further reading:
Romans 7:15-23

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 09 May 2014, 8:31 pm

Coffee Break

"Just Be Still"

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10

I have a word for someone this morning, myself included. "Be still and know that I am God". Being still and waiting is one of the hardest things for us to do sometimes. It is for me. I am a "fixer". I want to get in there and fix everything. I want to make what should happen happen soon. I am an organizer- in the fact that I want all my "ducks in a row" where they are suppose to be and when they are suppose to be there. I like to get the "ball rolling" and make sure it gets to its destination. This describes a majority of the population as well- perhaps it describes you. 

The Bible tells us that there is a time for everything. There is a time for us to be up working and not sitting down. But then there are times when we are to be still, sit down, take our hands off, and do nothing but wait and trust. Abraham and Sarah learned this the hard way when they decided not to "be still" and let God take control of the situation and fulfill His own promise. As a result, they wound up with an Ishmael. What was produced wound up being grief and heartache-- for them and for us. (Today we are still dealing with the effects of their choice not to be still and let God handle it.) 

I have a "news flash" for you this morning-- You don't have to help God, He doesn't need your help, but if He does, He will ask for it. Are you trying to make something happen? Are you working on a plan to set some things straight? Are you being anxious and impatient about a situation? Are you confused about what to do? Then be still. Don't try to do it yourself. Don't interfere with what God is trying to do in the situation. This is a time to just be still and trust Him to take care of it. He will do it and in a way that will cause Him to be exalted and get all the glory.

Have a great day. Be still and know that He is God. 

For further reading:
Psalm 40:1

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 May 2014, 8:22 pm

Coffee Break

"His Footprints"

"Thou crownest the year with thy goodness; and thy paths drop fatness." Psalm 65:11

The word paths means: track or rut. A track is an indication of where something or someone has been. A rut is caused by the repeated action of travel along the same path. The word fatness speaks of fertility, and of blessings. So the picture that is painted for us from this verse is one of the Lord walking ahead of us day after day, moment after moment, and leaving an abundant size blessing behind Him. 

My husband loves to hunt. One important element of hunting is looking for tracks. Tracks lets him know if there is a deer or turkey, or some other kind of animal in the woods. When he sees a footprint/track, it is evidence that the animal is in the woods or has been there.

According to the verse above, wherever the Lord walks He leaves a "footprint" (track) as well. What does His track look like? "Fatness". It looks like abundant blessings. The verse also says He "drops" them. This means that wherever He goes He drops blessings down, they drip from Him. The blessings of the Lord automatically flow from Him, but He also deliberately leaves them behind. He is leaving blessings, "fat" ones, abundant ones, behind Himself for us to "pick up" and enjoy. But there is only one way to receive those blessings-- follow Him. 

You don't get these blessings outside of following Him-- He leaves them behind Him everywhere He goes. These blessings are grace, goodness, mercy, peace, hope, comfort, joy, peace, provision, etc. 

As you follow Him, not only are you receiving the blessings that He leaves behind, but just like the tracks my husband follows in the woods leads him to the deer, following the "tracks/footprints/path" of Jesus will lead you directly to Him-- the greatest, most abundant blessing there is!

Have a great day. The Lord is leaving His footprint everywhere He goes-- abundant blessings. As you follow His footprints you will receive those blessings and eventually they will also lead you to His presence-- the greatest blessing of all. 

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 07 May 2014, 4:51 pm

Coffee Break

"The Big Picture"

"But the God of all grace, who hath called us unto his eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after that ye have suffered a while, make you perfect, stablish, strengthen, settle you." 1 Peter 5:10

It is human nature to be impatient and not want to have to wait. We want instant gratification, a "quick fix", a microwave existence, and all our problems solved yesterday. When Joseph was thrown into the pit by his brothers, he wanted out. He didn't want to have to wait in the pit for any length of time. Neither did he want to stay in Potiphar's house or the prison. He wanted out quickly. 

The point I am trying to make is that we don't want to have to go through certain "places" much less stay in them for any length of time. The children of Israel did not want to go in captivity, and they certainly didn't want to stay there for seventy years. The false prophets were telling them not to even unpack their bags, they would not be there that long. Jeremiah told them to unpack, raise their crops, and "get comfortable" because they were going to be there for a while. 

You and I don't want to go through places of suffering, trials, problems or adversity, and we certainly don't want to "unpack" our bags and stay there. We want out before we even go in, or come out quickly if we do go in. While there are times we want instant "deliverance" God is saying "no". He is saying that you have to walk through it. Not because He doesn't care. Not because He is unaware of what is going on. Not because He doesn't know how you feel. But because He sees the "big picture" of your life. Jesus prayed that if it was possible to let the cup pass from Him. The Heavenly Father did not let it pass from Him, because He saw the "big picture". He saw the salvation of all mankind provided for. 

We don't want to go through anything, and we certainly don't want to have to stay there. We want instant deliverance. But there are places we have to walk through and will walk through them unto they have accomplished their purpose in our lives because God has something in mind for our life. While you don't always understand and want out, God has a plan for your life. He sees the big picture and is working in your life to accomplish it. The big picture for Joseph was the palace. Therefore, he had to stay in the pit for a time. He had to stay in Potiphar's house for a while. He had to stay in the prison until what needed to happen was finished so he could step into the big picture plan for his life. It is the same for us.

Have a great day. You may want instant deliverance from where you are, but God sees the big picture of your life and is working to accomplish it through where you are now.

For further reading:
Jeremiah 29:11
Romans 8:28

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 06 May 2014, 8:18 pm

Coffee Break

"One Of Those Days"

"And David was greatly distressed; for the people spake of stoning him, because the soul of all the people was grieved, every man for his sons and for his daughters: but David encouraged himself in the Lord his God." 1 Samuel 30:6

Have you ever had "one of those days"? David was having one. The Philistine king had sent him away not wanting his help for lack of trust. When he got to his home at Ziklag, he discovered the Amalekites had invaded it, burned it and taken his wives and children captive. He was in deep grief. His faithful men who had been with him all this time were so distressed over the situation that they accused David that it was his fault and talked about stoning him to death. What are you to do?

Job also experienced "one of those days". He lost all his cattle, his sheep, his oxen, his servants and his children, all in one day. What are you to do?

For us "one of those days" may come in many forms. Your car breaks down, the boss calls you in and tells you you are fired, the doctor gives you a bad report, your son runs away from home, you sit on your glasses and break them, you get distressing news about a loved one, the list is endless. What are you to do?

What are you to do? The Bible says that David "encouraged himself in the Lord his God". He strengthened himself. He "girded" up himself with God's word and promises. He "tied" them to his heart and mind. This is one way we "encourage" ourselves. "Wherefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and hope to the end for the grace that is to be brought unto you at the revelation of Jesus Christ." (1 Peter 1:13) You "gird" up your mind with God's word and His promises. You hold fast to them regardless of what is happening around you. You renew your mind with them and trust in God's faithfulness to do what He said He would do. David was distressed, what he saw grieved him, but he took hold of the promises that God had made to him and knew that if God made them He would bring them to pass. 

What are you to do? The Bible says that when Job received his bad news he "worshipped". Job literally bowed himself to the ground and gave God reverence and prayed to Him. We "worship" by humbling ourselves before the Lord, recognizing who He is, and praying to Him about the situation. "Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God." (Philippians 4:6) 

When we are going through the valley of the shadow of death, when we are being tested on every side, when we are in a fiery trial, when our world is fallen apart, when all hope seems lost, when destruction is all around us, when the storm is raging, the lions are roaring, the sun is setting, what are we to do? We follow these examples of encourage ourselves in the Lord by remembering and holding fast to His word and promises and binding them to our minds; and we worship the Lord through our praise and prayers.

Have a great day. When you are having "one of those days", encourage yourself in the Lord. 

For further reading: 
Job 1:20 

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 03 May 2014, 8:02 pm

Coffee Break

"Supplying It All"

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

We all have needs. Sometimes those needs are spiritual in nature-- salvation, the empowerment of Holy Spirit, wisdom, grace, mercy, etc. Sometimes they are physical-- healing in our bodies, strength for a task. Sometimes the need is emotional-- peace of mind, comfort in sorrow, healing of a broken heart. Sometimes they are material-- food, clothing, shelter. Sometimes the need is in the area of relationships-- restoration of a broken relationship, grace in dealing with other people, love for someone. Sometimes the need is financial-- a bill that needs paying, a job to make a living. Then sometimes a need is in a category all of its own. Needs vary and they come in all forms. But whatever the need, God gives us a promise that He will supply it.

When God said He would supply all your need, He didn't say He would supply only the spiritual ones or the physical ones. He said He would supply all of them regardless of how they are classified by us. When He said He would supply all your need, He said all. He didn't say He would supply part of it, some of it, half of it, a portion of it, He said ALL of it. He is not a "Half way God". He supplies it all. He has never done anything half way. He didn't create just a portion of the world at the beginning. He created it all until it was finished and there was nothing left to create. He didn't provide for part of your salvation, He provided it all. Jesus didn't stop short of the plan of redemption. He drank every last dreg of the bitter cup He was given. He hung on the cross until the last enemy of our soul was defeated and the full price of our redemption was paid. He stayed there suffering until it was finished-- completely finished. There wasn't anything left to do.

My God shall supply all your need. Man may only be able to help you to a point. He may help a little. He may begin his help and then either stop or fall short. But God will not stop half way in supplying your need. He will supply all of it. He will supply it until He has finished it. He will move on your behalf until it is all taken care of. Look to Him to supply it and trust Him to supply it-- all of it.

Have a great day. God will supply your need, whatever it is, and He won't stop short of fulfilling it all.

For further reading:
John 19:30
Genesis 2:2,3

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 02 May 2014, 6:52 pm

Coffee Break

"Stop Comparing"

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Psalm 139:14

As humans we tend to compare ourselves with each other. But sadly, when we do, we use that comparison as an indication of our self-worth. We then try to identify who we are by comparing ourselves with someone else. Also when we compare ourselves with others it will usually cause us to give up and not press on and be who God designed us to be or receive from Him what He wants to give us. 

In school if we compare ourselves with a student who makes better grades than we do, we will label ourselves as stupid or ignorant. As a result we won't even try to make better grades. If we don't have the enthusiasm about the things of Christ that we see in a fellow Christian, we start thinking that something is wrong with us. We wonder if we are even saved. When we are sick and compare ourselves to someone else who is worse off than we are, we become content to stay in that sickness because, after all, it isn't that bad in comparison. So we won't even seek God for a healing. When you are going through a time of grief and aren't living with your head in a Kleenex box, but others who are going through the same thing are, you begin to wonder if you're a caring, loving or compassionate person. When you are going through a trial and are not handling it as well as you see someone else handle it, you start to wonder if you even have any faith. 

Does any of this sound familiar? Don't we do this? We look at the things others are going through, the way others are handling things, the responses and reactions they have to life's issues and we either give up because we can't ever be like that/them or we think something is wrong with us. 

I have a word for you this morning-- stop comparing yourselves to others. When Jesus told Peter what would happen to him later in life, Peter immediately asked what about John, what would happen to him. Jesus told him, "If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!" (John 21:22-NAS) The key point that Jesus was giving Peter-- and us-- was don't compare what I am doing in your life with what I am doing in someone else's life. You just follow me. 

God didn't make you like everyone else. He made you you! We each one work out our own salvation. We each one go through things according to who we are, not who someone else is. If there is any comparison to do, then it is with Christ. We are to compare our lives with His life and that is the only one it has to measure up to.

Have a great day. Stop comparing yourself to others or you will miss out on who God wants you to be and what God wants to do in your life. 

For further reading:
John 21:20-23
Philippians 2:12

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 01 May 2014, 8:27 pm

Coffee Break

" The Joy Stealer"

"Give us this day our daily bread." Matthew 6:11

When Jesus taught His disciples the manner in which to pray, He taught them to pray that they would have what they needed that day. He didn't teach them to pray for tomorrow, or the next day, or for next year. He taught them to pray for their need that day. Just a few verses later He told them not to "take thought for tomorrow". Let me clarify something. Jesus was not telling them that they should not plan for the future. The scriptures tell us to "occupy" while we are on earth and take care of business- including investing for the future. Proverbs gives us wisdom that is found in observing and following the practice of the ant-- how it prepares in the time of harvest for the summer. Even Jesus had a goal in mind and was carrying out a future plan while He walked the earth-- the cross. 

The verse in the prayer has more to do with being content with what you have today, and learning to trust God each and every day. The fact is that no matter how much planning and preparation we may do for the future, we still aren't promised tomorrow. There was a certain rich man who learned this lesson. He decided to build bigger barns to hold his wealth and sit back and enjoy the rest of his life. But his life was taken that same night.

Many people live their lives in the future. They are always thinking about tomorrow. They are always focusing on a time to come. They are looking toward another day-- when I get married, when my children are grown, when I finish college, when I am financially secure, when I can retire, etc. When we do that, we never enjoy "this day". We miss the wonderful blessings that await us. We miss out on the benefits that we are loaded with today. Also living in the future is just as harmful as always living in the past. They are both joy-stealers. Living in the past steals our joy by keeping us in regret. Living in the future steals our joy by keeping us preoccupied with what may or may not happen, and too busy to enjoy today. Either way we lose. Jesus wants us to have abundant life. Abundant life today. Pray as He taught us to pray-- "give us this day"-- and then enjoy it.

Have a great day. Always living in the past or the future will steal your joy. Enjoy this day that the Lord has given you.

For further reading:
Matthew 6:34
Luke 19:13; 12:19-21
Proverbs 6:5-7
1 Timothy 6:6
Psalm 68:19

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 01 May 2014, 9:49 am

Coffee Break

"You Have Power"

"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you." Luke 10:19

The Apple Corporation has a new slogan-- "You're more powerful than you think." Of course, it is talking about the technological ability you have at your finger tips to do all kinds of extraordinary things in extraordinary ways everyday in order to get the job done. The first time I heard the slogan, immediately my mind went to a spiritual application. This corporation may have coined the slogan, but in my opinion it so perfectly applies to Christianity.

Sadly, the Christian community doesn't realize the power that we have-- if we do, we don't act like it. We have been given power by the Lord Jesus Himself. He has delegated to us His power and authority to use in this world to do great and mighty works for His glory. He has given us power to do what He did, plus greater works. "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." (John 14:12) He has given us power to finish the works that He started. "The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach." (Acts 1:1) And power to be witnesses to proclaim the truth of the gospel that Jesus is Lord. "But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." (Acts 1:8) He has given us power to back up the preaching with signs that will confirm what we say. "And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen." (Mark 16:20) He has given us power over all the powers of the enemy. He has given us power to cast out devils, heal the sick, raise the dead, preach the gospel and set the captives free. "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; they shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover." (Mark 16:17,18)

If you are a born-again child of God, you are not powerless over temptation. You are not powerless over our flesh. You are not powerless over sin. You are not powerless over the enemy. You are not powerless at all. You have the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead living in you. "But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you." (Romans 8:11) You have the Spirit of God living in you. You have the nature of God living in you. You have the power of God residing in you. You have His ability dwelling in you. You don't need to cave in, back down, fall down, run away, roll over or give up. You need to stand strong and firm in the power that you have been given through Christ. 

Have a great day. You are more powerful than you think you are. 

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 29 Apr 2014, 8:27 pm

Coffee Break

"What Do You Have?"

"And Moses said unto the Lord, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue." Exodus 4:10

When the Lord appeared to Moses out of the burning bush and called him to deliver His people from Egyptian bondage, all Moses could focus on was what he did not have, his inabilities and the negative. He gave excuse after excuse because of what he did not have as to why he could not do it-- I am not eloquent, I am not a good speaker, I am slow of speech and slow of tongue. 

God wasn't interested in what Moses didn't have. He was interested in what he did have-- "And the Lord said unto him, What is that in thine hand? And he said, A rod." (verse 2) God wasn't focused on Moses' inabilities-- He already knew them. God already knew Moses could not do what He was calling him to do. He knew Moses was not a deliverer. He knew Moses had weaknesses. He knew Moses couldn't speak. But He also knew what He had placed in Moses' hand. He knew what He had given him to accomplish the task. The Lord was looking for a willing vessel that He could exhibit His great delivering power through. 

If God is calling you to a particular task, don't focus on the negative. Don't focus on what you can't do. Don't focus on your inability. Whatever God calls us to do is not within our ability to do anyway. These things are impossible with men. Look at what God has placed in your hand-- look at what He has given you. Then "throw it down"--"And he said, Cast it on the ground." In other words, surrender it and put it at the feet of Jesus and watch what He will do through it. Moses never realized there was a snake in that rod, or all the great and wondrous miracles God performed through it. You and I don't realize what is in what God has placed in our hands either. And we never will if we keep focusing on what we can't do instead of focusing on what He can do if we will stop making excuses and surrender what we do have to Him.

Have a great day. Don't focus on what you don't have and can't do. Focus on what God can do with what He has given you.

For further reading:
Exodus 4

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 26 Apr 2014, 8:18 pm

Coffee Break 
"Stop Wondering"

"Who humbleth himself to behold the things that are in heaven, and in the earth!" Psalm 113:6

Are you wondering if God knows where you are today? Though the Lord sits high, He looks low. He may be high and lifted up, but yet He takes notice of what is going on down here below. Never think for one moment that God doesn't know what you are going through. Don't think that He isn't watching you. Don't think that He doesn't care or that He is too busy to pay attention to you. He keeps His eyes on you. There is never a time when He is not watching you. He sees you wherever you are and whatever you are going through. The eyes of the Lord are in every place. 

The eyes of the Lord see in darkness-- darkness cannot even hide you from Him. Storms can't conceal you from Him. A deep pit cannot pluck you from His sight. Grief doesn't hide you from His view. Neither does pain, sickness or disease. Poverty or prosperity doesn't stop Him from seeing you. Even when you are abandoned by people, even if you are an outcast among men, even though no one on earth cares about you, even when you have been left to yourself all alone, you are not alone. God has not left you, abandoned you or cast you aside. 

If you are wondering if God knows where you are and sees what you are going through... stop wondering. Take time to read Psalm 139. He sees--- there is no place where He doesn't see you. And He cares about you.

Have a great day. Are you wondering if God even sees where you are? Well, stop wondering because He does.

For further reading:
Psalm 139 

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 25 Apr 2014, 8:27 pm

Coffee Break
"Listen To The Warning!"

"But this thing commanded I them, saying, Obey my voice, and I will be your God, and ye shall be my people: and walk ye in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well unto you." Jeremiah 7:23

Yesterday I was working on something in the yard. I had to stretch and bend my body in order to reach what I was doing. It was a very awkward position and put a strain on my back. The longer I was there, the more I could feel the pressure and pulling in my back. I could hear my back talking to me. It was saying, "Ouch, stop, stop doing that, this is hurting, quit!" Well, I continued. I didn't want to stop until I got the task finished-- after all, it was only going to take another minute or two to complete. I guess by now you can figure out how it all ended. I should have listened to my body! 

My body was warning me not to do what I was doing. I did not heed the warning so I faced the consequences. I have been in pain ever since. It was a beautiful day but I wound up spending the rest of it, not outside enjoying the sunshine, but inside on the couch. I also was unable to complete the other tasks that I was needing to do. 

Not listening to the warning my body was giving me reminds me of how many times we don't listen to the warnings that God's Word gives us. God created our bodies in such a way that if we will pay attention to them we can save ourselves from a lot of pain and hurt. God has also given us His Word to give us warnings, guidance, help, wisdom and instruction and if we will pay attention and heed those warnings we can save ourselves a lot of grief, heartache and misery. Listening to and obeying God's Word keeps us from sin. It keeps us from destruction. It keeps us from going the wrong direction and living a less than abundant life. Obeying God's Word gives us peace, keeps us in the center of His will, and makes us productive. 

I did not listen to the warning my body was giving me because I wanted to get what I was doing finished. We also come up with "good reasons" why we don't listen to God's Word. Some are: we think we know better than God does; we think that just a little disobedience won't hurt anything; we think that we are in control so the consequences won't happen to us. Don't kid yourself-- whatever a man sows, that shall he also reap. 

I thought I had a good reason, so I never expected this to happen and that I would be facing these consequences. When we disobey God's Word, sin enters. It has been said that sin will take you where you don't want to go and keep you there longer than you wanted to stay. A lot of people never dreamed they would end up where they did-- but it happened. I never dreamed while I was working on what I was doing that the day would end with me on the couch-- but it did. Therefore, give heed, pay attention and obey the warnings of God's Word and you won't wind up where you don't want to be-- facing the consequences. 

Have a great day. If you ignore the warnings of God's Word you will face the consequences for it. 

For further reading:
Psalm 119:11
James 1:22
2 Timothy 3:16,17
Galatians 6:7

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Apr 2014, 2:02 pm

Coffee Break

"When Is Always?"

"... lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen." Matthew 28:20

Jesus said He would always be with us. The word always means: each, every, any, all, the whole, all things, everything. Surely He didn't really mean always- always encompasses a lot. It includes every place we are and each situation we go through. Would He be with us always when "always" includes times of pain, heartache and lack? Is He going to stay with us each time we hurt, each time we are suffering or each time we face adversity? Will He still remain there when we are in a pit of despair, the valley of the shadow of death, times of struggle, or fiery furnace trials? Is He with us in the times when others walk out on us? When we are betrayed by those closest to us? When grief overwhelms us? When sickness consumes our bodies? When poverty becomes our companion? 

Or does "always" just mean in the good times, prosperous times and happy times? Is He more like a "fair-weather friend"? Will His "always" include only the times of peace we enjoy? Or the times when we have the world "by the tail"? The promise He has made to always be with us includes it all. It includes everywhere and anything you find yourself going through-- good or bad. 

The word always also means: individually. While He is a God who loves "all the world"- no exclusions- He is a God who loves and cares for each and every individual. Jesus told us that He sees when just one sparrow falls to the ground and went on to say that we are of much more value-- individually, each of us-- than the sparrows. He cares about you so much so that He knows the exact number of hairs on your head. Do you? Are you that "well acquainted" with your own self? Amazingly, He cares about even one single hair on our head. 

Don't let the enemy make you think that the Lord is not with you. Don't let Him convince you that He has left you. Don't believe the lie that the Lord cares about everyone else but not you. Know that He is with you-- always, everywhere, each times, in all places wherever those places are. 

Have a great day. The Lord is with you always... and always means always.

For further reading:
Luke 12:6,7
Matthew 10:29,30

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 23 Apr 2014, 3:23 pm

Coffee Break

"The Real Need"

"And Jesus answered and said unto him, What wilt thou that I should do unto thee? The blind man said unto him, Lord, that I might receive my sight." Mark 10:51

Why did Jesus ask the blind man what he wanted Him to do for him? Wasn't it obvious? He was blind! Of course his need was to see and be healed of his blindness. 

Often the real need is not the obvious one. He may have been blind, but there may have been a deeper issue that he had that outweighed the blindness of his physical eyes. When people look at us, what they see is the exterior need-- which may not be our greatest need at all. When the woman who washed Jesus feet with her tears and hair entered the house and approached Jesus, one could have judged that she needed deliverance from her ill-reputed lifestyle. I believe her need was deeper than that. She needed to be loved and accepted. She needed compassion. She needed the inner most longing of her heart fulfilled. When that was taken care of, the other (her deliverance) was taken care of.

People tend to act certain ways sometimes because of an issue that may not be seen. It is like the young child who misbehaves and is always getting in trouble. A rebellious, overactive character is not always his problem. He may act like he does seeking attention-- and even negative attention is better than no attention at all.

It would do us good not to judge others according to appearance. It would be wise if we did not assume we knew what others needed based on what we see. We should seek that Lord and the discernment of Holy Spirit when looking at and praying for others. We should come "clean" in our own lives and be open and honest with the Lord about what the real issue we are dealing with is-- not just the surface, physical and most obvious one.

Have a great day. Our real need is not always the one that is most obvious in our own lives and in the lives of others.

For further reading:
Philippians 4:19
John 7:24

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 22 Apr 2014, 2:59 pm

Coffee Break

"Why Do You Follow?"

"Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life." John 6:68

"From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him." (verse 66) Many who had followed Jesus were now, because of the word He had spoken to them, turning away from Him and not walking with Him any more. This same thing is happening today. There are those who have walked with Jesus and followed His teachings but have now turned from following Him. They stopped following for various reasons. Some have stopped because He didn't answer a prayer in the way they wanted Him to. Some have turned from Him because they feel that He let them down. Others found themselves in a situation-- the death of a loved one, the loss of a job, a divorce, a sickness or some other adversity-- and blamed the Lord for it, so they turned away from Him. 

The same people who were now turning from Jesus in the verses above had turned to Him to begin with because of what they saw Him doing. They had heard of His fame, they had seen His miracles, many of them had been healed themselves by His power. They followed Him because of His acceptance of the outcast and downcast. They flocked to Him because the religious leaders didn't have what they needed, the government couldn't provide what they lacked, there was no other place than with Jesus where they could get their needs met and feel the loving grace they felt from Him. 

The question then becomes, "Why were they following Him in the first place?" Some followed because of the miracles that He did. In other words they followed because of what He was doing and what they could get from Him. When you follow for the wrong, or a selfish, self-centered reason, when the following becomes hard, when it leads you into a place you had not planned on going, when it puts a demand or condition on you, if you aren't following for the right reason, then you will turn from following.

Now the question today is, "Why are you following Him?". What is your motive behind following Jesus? Is your reason enough that it will keep you following Him even when times get hard, even when persecution comes, even when things don't go as planned, or even if the journey gets painful?

Have a great day. Why are you following Jesus? 

For further reading:
John 6:2, 64-69

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Visit us on the web:www.mastersbusi ness.org 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 18 Apr 2014, 11:45 am

Coffee Break

"Spring Cleaning - Part 2"

"For Moses had said, Consecrate yourselves today to the Lord, even every man upon his son, and upon his brother; that he may bestow upon you a blessing this day." Numbers 32:29

Yesterday we talked about how a lot of ladies do a once a year spring cleaning to give their houses a thorough, deep cleaning, de-cluttering and reorganizing. We also talked about the fact that we should do the same with our "spiritual houses"-- give them a cleaning, de-clutter them from all the unnecessary things, and reorganize by placing our priorities in order. I probably should clarify that while we should do this, it is not a "once a year" thing we should do. 

Even if my house gets a good once a year cleaning, the task isn't finished for a year. I have to clean it on a regular basis. Each week, sometimes each day, I have to dust the furniture, wash the clothes, sweep the floors, etc. The same thing should happen with my spiritual house. Daily when I see the "dust" collecting- bad attitudes, wrong behavior, unkind words, and so on- I need to clean it up. We don't wait until we are in church and a specific altar call is given. We don't wait until revival services to take care of it. We have to take care of anything that comes into our lives and threatens to steal our joy, rob us of abundant life, weigh us down with cares, or pulls us away from our Savior... and we have to take care of it then. Don't wait. 

Although, when I see the dust on my furniture, I would like to put off dusting it until a later date, the dust is a sign I need to do it then. If you see "dust" collecting in your heart, that is a sign you need to take care of it now and not put it off. The longer you put it off, the dustier it becomes. The dustier it is the more problems it turns into. The time is always now to deal with whatever is going on in your life. 

Today is the day of salvation. Today is the day to take care of besetting sins. Today is the day to come clean and repent. Take care of it now. Don't put it off. Don't leave it for another day. When you see the problem, is when you deal with the problem. When you see the issues arising, when you recognize the hindrances, when you know things are not right between you and God, that is the time to do some "house cleaning"... then, not later.

Have a great day. Spiritual house cleaning should not only be done once a year, it should be done whenever you notice the "dust".

For further reading:
2 Corinthians 6:2

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or

Coffee Break
"Spring Cleaning"

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God." 2 Corinthians 7:1

Each year at this time many women do a spring cleaning of their homes. It is a time when they give their house a deep and thorough cleaning. Three things are accomplished when you spring clean-- 1) everything gets a good washing removing the dust, dirt and buildup; 2) things get re-organized and put back in their proper place; 3) it is a time to re-prioritize what is important and valuable and discard what is unnecessary.

Perhaps we should do a "spiritual spring cleaning" from time to time as well. Doing a spiritual spring cleaning would accomplish the same three things for our spirits as a physical spring cleaning does for our homes. 

1) Our spirit man needs a good "cleaning" to remove the "build up" of worldliness that attaches itself to our hearts and minds. We need to wash away fleshly mindsets that have formed by exposing ourselves to the philosophies and opinions of this world. We need to wash away the influences that we have picked up from the ungodly. We need to wash away the conformity to this world that has settled on us and renew our minds so that our thoughts are transformed into what is clean and clear. "That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word." (Ephesians 5:26) "And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind." (Romans 12:2a)

2) We need to get "re-organized" by putting things back in their proper place. If we aren't careful we can allow spiritual things to begin to take a "backseat" to the natural things. Bitterness can get in the place where love should be. Anger can get put where gentleness and meekness should occupy. Unforgiveness can be found where grace and forgiveness ought to be. If we are careless with our spiritual well-being then things in our lives become out of order and chaos and confusion set in. But when we put everything in its proper place- spiritual things first- then we live in peace. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." (Matthew 6:33) 

3) We also need to take time to re-prioritize our lives. Have you let what once was the most important things- prayer, fasting, Bible reading, worship, communion with the Lord- be replaced by entertainment, socialization, busyness, the cares of this life? Spring cleaning is a time to make some changes and decide what is really important and what is not and discard what isn't. When was the last time you examined your life to see if your priorities are still in tact or have they been misplaced or replaced by something else? "..let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us.." (Hebrews 12:1)

Has it been a while since you have "spring cleaned" your spiritual life? Have you noticed a "build up" of worldliness in your life? Do things seem to be out of order and not in their proper place? Do your priorities need to be rearranged?

Have a great day. There are those who are doing a spring cleaning of their houses, perhaps we should also do a "spring cleaning" of our "spiritual house". 

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 16 Apr 2014, 1:37 pm

Coffee Break

"Equipped For The Storm"

"And there arose a great storm of wind, and the waves beat into the ship, so that it was now full." Mark 4:37

The disciples were in a boat in the middle of a storm. The majority of them were well trained and experienced fishermen. They had lived their lives on the sea. They were used to storms. They were well educated about boats, seas and storms. Being outdoors men, they were also physically fit. Yet they were afraid in this storm for their lives. 

There are situations in life that hit us hard and threaten to destroy us. No matter how well equipped we are, no matter how well educated we are, we are no match for these situations. The disciples should have been able to navigate through this storm based on their knowledge and experience, but they couldn't. They had to wake Jesus up to come to their rescue. 

Are you going through a storm of threatening proportion? You may have all the knowledge in the world on the subject. You may have lots of experience in dealing with it. You may have physical abilities but that is not enough. The only way to get through it is to bring Jesus into the situation. But you may say.. when they woke Jesus up and brought Him into the situation He rebuked them for not having faith. He didn't rebuke them for waking Him up. He rebuked them because they did not trust His word. He had already told them when they got in the boat that they were going to the other side. He never said anything to them about drowning or not making it to their appointed destination. Jesus never rebukes us for calling on Him. He even gives us an invitation to call upon Him when we are in trouble. He rebuked them because they did not trust Him. 

They brought Jesus into their situation physically. We bring Jesus into our situation by calling upon Him in prayer, by trusting in His word; by standing on His promises; by remembering what He said to us and holding fast to it. While we are no match against the storms by ourselves, if we will remember that Jesus is with us in the storm, He has power over all things, His word is more powerful than anything, He has given us power and authority over the winds and waves, then because Jesus is with us and in us the storms then become no match against us. 

Have a great day. No matter how well equipped we are we are no match for some of life's storms. But those same storms are no match for Jesus so don't try to handle them alone. Put your faith in Jesus and the storm will not destroy you. 

For further reading:
Mark 4

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Apr 2014, 6:40 pm

Coffee Break

"Overcoming Life"

"These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Life throws a lot at us-- pain, misery, heartache, trials, accusations, discomfort, broken relationships, tests, difficulties, and so on. One moment things are going in our favor, the next minute is seems as everything is against us. One minute things couldn't be better for us, then all of a sudden things couldn't get any worse. One day the sun is shining, the next day all we can see are gray storm clouds. Yes, life throws a lot at us that we have to overcome and steer our way through.

Life threw a lot at Jesus too while He walked on earth. It threw all the above at Him-- plus more. He was loved by many, but there were those who hated Him, who tried to kill Him, who falsely accused Him, who lied about Him, mocked Him and finally crucified Him. He was confronted by demons. He dealt with hurting humanity. He faced physical tiredness, hunger, thirst, attacks against His mind and body. But in everything life threw at Him, it did not overcome Him, it did not get the best of Him, it did not defeat Him. Instead He was victorious over it.

When He says to us to be of good cheer because He has overcome the world, He is telling us that because of His victory over everything life threw at Him, we can be victorious too. Our lives now belong to Him. They are hid in Him. We are crucified with Him and His life is living through us. Therefore, our trials don't have to destroy us. Our storms don't have to drown us. Our problems don't have to defeat us. Because our lives are hid with Jesus and He overcame everything life threw at Him, we are now more than conquerors over everything life throws at us. Because He was victorious, we are victorious. "Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ." (2 Corinthians 2:14a)

Don't throw in the towel. Don't give up in defeat. Don't get discouraged. Don't give into the enemy's lies against you. Don't let whatever you are facing get you down and cause you to give up. You are not defeated. You are not the loser. Jesus overcame and gave you the victory and His own trophy to display in your life. Get up and go forward, strong in Him and the power of His might... and victorious in Him.

Have a great day. Jesus overcame everything life threw at Him. And because He did, you can too.

For further reading:
Romans 8:37
Galatians 2:20
Colossians 3:3

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 13 Apr 2014, 6:29 pm

Coffee Break
"Real God/False God"

"Woe unto him that saith to the wood, Awake; to the dumb stone, Arise, it shall teach! Behold, it is laid over with gold and silver, and there is no breath at all in the midst of it." Habakkuk 2:18

When we are in pain, we always look for someone or something to comfort us. When we are facing a problem, the same it true. We begin to search out a source of help. Some seek the comfort and help that they need through gaining more knowledge. Some seek it through drugs and alcohol. Others seek it through the philosophies of famous teachers. There are those who seek the help they need through statues that have been fashioned with their own hands, and false religion. 

When Israel was in rebellion against the Lord God, Elijah and the prophets of Baal met on Mt. Carmel to put an end to the question once and for all-- who is the real God? The prophets of Baal called and called, pleaded and pleaded with Baal but he never answered. They even became so desperate that they cut themselves hoping to get his attention. Baal never answered. When Elijah called upon the Lord God and asked that He would send fire upon the altar, God sent fire-- He answered. 

Why didn't Baal answer? He was a "god"? Multitudes prayed to him daily, yet he refused to answer? The reason he didn't answer was because he was not real. He was not a god. He was a statue that some man took his own two hands and made. He was a figurine that was lifeless. 

The same thing is happening today. Multitudes are "calling" upon "gods" of false hope. They don't answer. They don't give guidance. They don't give any direction. They don't comfort the hurting, bind up the broken hearted, heal the sick, or save a soul. The reason why is simple-- they are not real. They may have carved out arms but they can't embrace anything. They may have carved out eyes, but they can't see. Ears but can't hear and legs but can't walk. Some of these "gods" they are putting their hope in aren't carvings, but are worshipped as real. Multitudes call upon them everyday hoping for an answer, but never hear a reply because they are as false as the idols made of wood or stone. 

I have good news though. There is a true God who gives hope. He has eyes that see, ears that hear, hands that reach out, a heart that embraces. He is touched by the feelings of your weakness. He cares when you are hurting. He comforts, He provides, He heals, He saves. His name is the Lord God, the Almighty, Heavenly Father, Jehovah-God, Jesus, Holy Spirit. He loves you and He cares about you this morning. When you call, He will answer... because He is real and He is alive.

Have a great day. Don't place your hope in some false god that can't see, hear, feel, care about you or answer when you call. Put your hope in the One True and Living God-- He is the Real God.

For further reading:
Isaiah 44:8
1 Kings 18

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Apr 2014, 12:54 pm

Coffee Break

"Run"

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it, and is safe." Proverbs 18:10

There is a time for everything. There is a time when we are to "stand". But there is a time to "run". We don't run from the enemy and neither do we run from the battle. The battle is the Lord's and it has already been won. The enemy that we would run from has already been defeated. Jesus defeated the enemy and has given us the victory. David didn't run from Goliath, he knew the Lord would deliver him into his hand. We don't run from our "Goliaths" either, the Lord has already delivered them into our hands.

While we don't run from the enemy, we do run when in times of trouble, times of grief, times of pain, times of confusion, and times of heartache, but we are not running "from" something but instead "to" someone. "The righteous run into". What are you going through this morning? What is happening in your life? Are you running to the Lord because of it? Or are you standing still hoping things will change? Are you doing nothing because you don't think it will do any good? Are you sitting down waiting for something better to "fall into your lap"? In this case, if you are standing, sitting or leisurely strolling, you are assuming the wrong position. You should be running and kneeling. 

When in trouble, we run to the Lord. We run into His presence. He is that very presence help in time of trouble. Once we run into His presence, we then kneel before Him. We kneel before Him acknowledging that we need Him. We need His help. We need His strength. We need His wisdom. We need His love and mercy. We need His truth to guide us. We need His embrace to comfort us. We need His word to give us clarity. We need Him. So we need to run into Him.

Have a great day. When you are in need, assume the right position-- running and kneeling. 

For further reading: 
Ephesians 6:13
Ecclesiastes 3:1
1 Samuel 17:47

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Apr 2014, 3:51 pm

Coffee Break

"Faithful To Walk With You"

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

Because of the passing of my mother I am walking through a place I have never walked through before. It is a place of mixed emotions, grief, sorrow, pain, hurt, separation, reality, joy, and all the feelings that come with losing someone you love. But I want to testify this morning to the faithfulness of my loving Heavenly Father who is walking with me through every step of this journey.

Walking through this life takes us down many paths-- some are joyful, some are painful, some are difficult, some are easy, some are exhausting and some are peaceful. Death is one of those paths -- it is part of life. When my mother met her appointment with death, she did not walk through it alone-- the Lord was with her. The Lord promises to be our guide even in death, and to walk with us as we go through the valley of the shadow of death. He was faithful to walk with her.

He was faithful to walk with the children of Israel when they left Egypt. He was faithful to walk Joseph through each and every new place he encountered from the pit to the palace. He was faithful to walk in the fire with the three Hebrews. He was faithful to walk with Daniel in the lion's den. He was faithful to walk with Joshua as he took the Israelites into the promised land.

He hasn't changed, He still faithfully walks with His children through this life. Where you are walking this morning may not be the same place I am walking but rest assured He is walking with you too. You may be walking through a wilderness, a sickness, a job loss, a broken relationship, heartache, an addiction, or any one of the many numerous places we can find ourselves in. But remember this-- you are not walking alone. The Lord Jesus is walking with you. He is even carrying you through most of it-- like the poem "Footprints" reminds us. So take heart, He is faithful, He is not going to leave you to walk through this by yourself. When you feel that you are walking it alone, remind yourself-- "Thou art with me".

Have a great day. The Lord is faithful to walk with us through the many paths of life we find ourselves on.

For further reading:
Psalm 23; 48:14
Lamentations 3:23

Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 36 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next