World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 40 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK?

Go down

ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK? Empty ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK?

Post  Admin Sat 28 Aug 2010, 2:25 pm

ARE YOU DOING A GREAT WORK?
So I sent messengers to them, saying, "I am doing a great work and I cannot come down. Why should the work stop while I leave it and come down to you?"
Nehemiah 6:3
Nehemiah was called by God to go to Jerusalem and lead the people to rebuild the broken down walls of the city. It was an important, God-directed, God-sized task.
As such, it incurred the wrath and opposition of the devil as he tried every possible way to derail the project, discourage the builders, and defeat the Lord's plans.
On one occasion, the enemies of God tried to lure
Nehemiah away from the rebuilding of the wall by asking for a conference to discuss their differences. They wanted him to take a break from the building and meet them at the plains of Ono. Nehemiah could see through their deception and said, "Oh no," to Ono. He told them he was doing a great work and could not
come down to meet them. I love that. He saw that what he was doing - an unglamorous, dirty, backbreaking, sweat-filled, manual labor-type of job - was in reality
a great work for God. IT'S A GREAT WORK Whatever work God has truly directed you to do, that work, no matter what it may be, is a great work. Maybe it is taking care of babies, or working with students, or teaching children, or leading a Bible study, or helping behind the scenes, or singing in the choir, or playing in the orchestra, or serving as a prayer warrior, or visiting
shut-ins, or helping the under-privileged, or just letting your light shine in your daily routine. Any God-directed work is a great work. Don't let the devil discourage you into thinking what you are doing does not matter. For all you moms who spend countless hours changing diapers, doing laundry, cooking, cleaning, and receiving little "thanks" for all your hard work, hear this:
YOU ARE DOING A GREAT WORK! The devil wants to make you think you are wasting your life by staying home with your kids. NO YOU ARE NOT!! You are doing a great work for God. Jesus said,
"And whoever in the name of a disciple gives to one of these little ones even a cup of cold water to drink, truly I say to you he shall not lose his reward"
(Matt. 10:42). Be encouraged this day as you seek the Lord on what He wants you to do, and do it with all your might. Building walls around the city of Jerusalem may not sound too spiritual, but it surely was to God. It is what He wanted His people to do for Him. Make it your goal to serve the King each day and do everything for His glory. That kind of heart attitude makes the most mundane of tasks a spiritual experience that honors the Lord Jesus
and earns reward in heaven.
PRAYER Lord, I have been thinking that what I do does not matter. I have been guilty of dividing my life into the secular
and the sacred. I realize now that it is all sacred to You. Everything I do can be a spiritual experience if I do it for Your glory -
"Whether, then, you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" (1 Cor. 10:31). I choose to do all to the glory of God. What a privilege to serve You, Jesus. I am reporting for duty.
Love,
sig
Jeff Schreve Pastor
www.fromhisheart.org
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down