World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 30 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» WHY DID GOD CREATE EVIL
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyToday at 4:36 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyToday at 2:37 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 11:38 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 11:18 pm by Admin

» AISH
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» israelAM
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 9:54 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 9:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:49 pm by Admin

» Pressure from UN Threats
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:45 pm by Admin

» Ship that obliterated Baltimore bridge
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:44 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 11:08 pm by Admin

» Be Fervent in Spirit
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 10:54 pm by Admin

» Remain in God - iBelieve Truth
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 1:25 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyTue 26 Mar 2024, 12:43 am by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 11:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptyMon 25 Mar 2024, 8:54 pm by Admin

» Is Gaza Really Starving
KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 EmptySun 24 Mar 2024, 11:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

KEITH's Spiritual Steps

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

KEITH's  Spiritual Steps - Page 7 Empty Re: KEITH's Spiritual Steps

Post  Admin Mon 18 Jul 2011, 3:18 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

We continue through chapter 4, I do hope you are enjoying reading the studies as much as I enjoy writing them.

Please take time to view the links at the bottom of this message. They have many wonderful articles, to grow your faith.

Also if you wish to pass these messages on, then please do so. If you want to print them out and use them for any type of ministry/bible study, then please feel free to do so. The word of God says freely you have received, freely give.

Thanks

God bless you

Keith

Acts 4

THE POWER AND AUTHORITY OF THE HOLY SPIRIT

5Then on the following day, their magistrates and elders and scribes were assembled in Jerusalem,
6Including Annas the high priest and Caiaphas and John and Alexander and all others who belonged to the high priestly relationship.
7And they set the men in their midst and repeatedly demanded, By what sort of power or by what kind of authority did [such people as] you do this [healing]?

8Then Peter, [because he was] filled with [and controlled by] the Holy Spirit, said to them, Rulers of the people and members of the council (the Sanhedrin),

9If we are being put on trial [here] today and examined concerning a good deed done to benefit a feeble (helpless) cripple, by what means this man has been restored to health,

10Let it be known and understood by all of you, and by the whole house of Israel, that in the name and through the power and authority of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, Whom you crucified, [but] Whom God raised from the dead, in Him and by means of Him this man is standing here before you well and sound in body.

11This [Jesus] is the Stone which was despised and rejected by you, the builders, but which has become the Head of the corner [the Cornerstone]

Peter and John, had been arrested, after the power of God was shown in the healing of the crippled man. That must have been a long night, for both of them and also for the fledgling church. I don't know for certain, but probably the apostles and the church spent large parts of that night in prayer. When problems occur and persecution happens, it should drive the church and us as individuals to our knees.. Amen.

I just love verse 8. Peter was filled and controlled by the Holy Spirit. He didn't rant or get flustered. He was totally under the guidance of the Holy Spirit. Surely, this is an example to us, when we come under scrutiny. We need to be filled constantly, with the power and boldness of the Holy Spirit Ephesians 5:18

I wonder if Peter, remembered the words of Jesus in Matthew 28:18-20, when HE said ' all authority is given unto me'. We do things in the authority and in the name of Jesus, we preach the gospel, in the power of His Spirit. Although, we are told to be in subjection to authorities and governments, they sometimes set down restrictions, that stop the preaching and sharing of the gospel, when this happens, our first duty, is to share the gospel. We need to obey God rather than Man.
In verse 10, as usual, He gave all the glory for the healing to His Saviour. The Apostles, were not seeking to put themselves forward. They were not seeking recognition for themselves. Maybe some of the so called pastors and preachers, who go around today, have something to learn from Peter.

In his first Epistle, Peter wrote on suffering for the Gospel and giving an answer for your faith. When he wrote this epistle, I wonder if his mind was looking back to his conversation here.

1 Peter 3

13Now who is there to hurt you if you are [d]zealous followers of that which is good?

14But even in case you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, [you are] blessed (happy, to be envied). Do not dread or be afraid of their threats, nor be disturbed [by their opposition].

15But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully.

16[And see to it that] your conscience is entirely clear ([e]unimpaired), so that, when you are falsely accused as evildoers, those who threaten you abusively and revile your right behavior in Christ may come to be ashamed [of slandering your good lives].

17For [it is] better to suffer [unjustly] for doing right, if that should be God's will, than to suffer [justly] for doing wrong.

Jesus, the one, who the authorities had rejected, was now and is the Head of the Church. He alone is our Divine foundation.

Let us rejoice that Jesus is our sure foundation.. Amen.

If you do not know Jesus as your sure foundation. I invite you to visit the page at the bottom of this message, to find out, how you can trust Him and Him alone for salvation.

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please read about the wondeful ministry of Radio Bible Class

http://www.rbc.org/index.aspx

Special Song

I hope you enjoy this wonderful song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NqtgE22w58&feature=fvsr

My website

Please read the wonderful Page called Guest Page, this page has some of the best articles on the web. It is changed every fortnight, so please come back often.

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/k/keith/index.php?p=1_2_Guest-Page

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:57 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

What an awesome privilege it is to share with you. We will stop at the end of Chapter 4 and return next year. The devotions wont stop.. just Spirit Steps

Please take time to click on the featured Page links at the bottom of this message and don't forget to share these studies with all your friends.

Thanks

God bless you

Keith

THE POWER OF THE GOSPEL

Acts 4

1AND WHILE they [Peter and John] were talking to the people, the high priests and the military commander of the temple and the Sadducees came upon them,

2Being vexed and indignant through and through because they were teaching the people and proclaiming in [the case of] Jesus the resurrection from the dead.
3So they laid hands on them (arrested them) and put them in prison until the following day, for it was already evening.
4But many of those who heard the message believed (adhered to and trusted in and relied on Jesus as the Christ). And their number grew and came to about 5,000.

Peter and John had just finished preaching and teaching about Jesus and now comes the backlash.

The apostles have had success after success, but now the Jewish authorities were getting worried.

You know when ever the gospel is powerfully preached in it's purest form, the religious authorities, will always start to cause problems. The established order, will never like it's position upset and will seek to wreck the true preaching of the Gospel.

We need to be aware that opposition, will come. Look at verse 2.

The temple authorities and the High Priest, were furious, that these things were happening. I expect, their thinking, was that they had got rid of Jesus, and now here were the Apostles, proclaiming the truth about Jesus. Note what it was that was making them angry.

It was the preaching that Jesus was risen from the Dead. This is what makes the difference.. in every other religion.. their prophets are dead.. but in Christianity.. Jesus is alive.. Amen.

Note that the Opposition, did not stop the spread of the Gospel. Even more people than the day of Pentecost, were saved and transformed by the Power of God.

We need to realise that the Gospel, will upset the established order, but that must never stop us preaching, Christ Crucified and Risen again... Amen.

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please read the site of this wonderful group, who seek to reach children. Please pray for them and support them if led.

http://www.cefonline.com/

Special song

Jesus is to be lifted up and Praised.. amen.. Lets do it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itUNSwS4q9E&feature=related

My website

Please read the wonderful page, called Fathers heart

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_18_Fathers-Heart
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 10 Jul 2011, 7:09 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

It is a joy to share with you once again, as we finish the wonderful third chapter of the Book of Acts.
Please feel free to pass on these messages to all your contacts and also take time to click on the links at the bottom of this message
Thanks
Keith

LET US PREACH CHRIST CRUCIFIED

Spirit Steps

Chapter 3
13The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified His Servant and [c]Son Jesus [doing Him this honor], Whom you indeed delivered up and denied and rejected and disowned in the presence of Pilate, when he had determined to let Him go.
14But you denied and rejected and disowned the Pure and Holy, the Just and Blameless One, and demanded [the pardon of] a murderer to be granted to you.
15But you killed the very Source (the Author) of life, Whom God raised from the dead. To this we are witnesses.
16And His name, through and by faith in His name, has made this man whom you see and recognize well and strong. [Yes] the faith which is through and by Him [Jesus] has given the man this perfect soundness [of body] before all of you.
17And now, brethren, I know that you acted in ignorance [not aware of what you were doing], as did your rulers also.
18Thus has God fulfilled what He foretold by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ (the Messiah) should undergo ill treatment and be afflicted and suffer.
19So repent (change your mind and purpose); turn around and return [to God], that your sins may be erased (blotted out, wiped clean), that times of refreshing (of recovering from the effects of heat, of [d]reviving with fresh air) may come from the presence of the Lord;
20And that He may send [to you] the Christ (the Messiah), Who before was designated and appointed for you--even Jesus,
21Whom heaven must receive [and retain] until the time for the complete restoration of all that God spoke by the mouth of all His holy prophets for ages past [from the most ancient time in the memory of man].
22Thus Moses said to the forefathers, The Lord God will raise up for you a Prophet from among your brethren as [He raised up] me; Him you shall listen to and understand by hearing and heed in all things whatever He tells you.
23And it shall be that every soul that does not listen to and understand by hearing and heed that Prophet shall be utterly [e]exterminated from among the people.
24Indeed, all the prophets from Samuel and those who came afterwards, as many as have spoken, also promised and foretold and proclaimed these days.
25You are the descendants (sons) of the prophets and the heirs of the covenant which God made and gave to your forefathers, saying to Abraham, And in your Seed (Heir) shall all the families of the earth be blessed and benefited.
26It was to you first that God sent His Servant and Son Jesus, when He raised Him up [[f]provided and gave Him for us], to bless you in turning every one of you from your wickedness and evil ways.

Peter continues to share the gospel, with the people. Boy his preaching, can really help us, as we seek to share the Gospel.
The Power of the Holy Spirit, had transformed him, from someone, who had denied Jesus, into one who uplifted HIM, in front of thousands of people.
What we need to realise, is that GOD can and wants to do exactly the same for us today.

God did not cast Peter off, He restored Peter and gave him a powerful Ministry, you may say.. well that was Peter, but he has done the same with me, God is still in the restoration business.. amen
Peter preached Repentance.. oh how we need this today.. Amen.
People do not need to hear a gospel that says.. Come to Jesus and all your problems will be sorted out.. in fact.. when you become a Christian.. you will have persecution etc etc. But we have a Saviour, whose love and grace, makes everything worthwhile....Amen.
He makes life truly real and worth living, despite persecution and opposition from the devil and the world. Jesus makes life, the greatest adventure. Whatever we lose when we become Christians, we receive more than we can ever imagine, because we have Jesus.. Amen.
Jesus said that he came to bring a sword, and indeed he also said that because of Him, you would be hated by this world. Isn't it about time, we were honest in our preaching and told people the Truth?
Matthew 10
34Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.
35For I have come to part asunder a man from his father, and a daughter from her mother, and a newly married wife from her mother-in-law
36And a man's foes will be they of his own household.
Yes, Jesus will totally and completely heal them and He gives them peace with God, through his Death and Resurrection. But opposition and persecution, will happen.
The world need to hear words like Repentance and Hell again Church. It is time to stop preaching a gospel that promises wealth and prosperity. Amen. God prospers us far above the world's riches, when we are in Christ.. Amen. The Lord chooses to bless some with wealth, he blesses whom He chooses.. amen.
Paul knew wealth and he also knew poverty, but in both, he was secure and satisfied. Whatever situation, you are in.. are you satisfied and content?
I invite all believers, who are reading this, to look at the sermons preached in the Early chapters of Acts and compare them to what is preached in their pulpits each Sunday. if your church is not preaching the Christianity practised in the first few chapters of Acts, then you should seek a church that is.
I also ask all preachers of the word, if they are preaching the true Gospel, that was preached in the early church? Please check your standing before God. Please read Jeremiah chapter 23.
Brothers and Sisters, I wonder what would happen if the same sermon, Peter preached here, was preached in pulpits up and down our land?
Let us preach Jesus crucified and risen again and that the penalty for not repenting of sin, is Death and Hell
God bless you
Keith

Featured Page Link

This link is primarily for the men, who read these devotions. Men need to stand up and be counted and this website, will help you do exactly that. Ladies you can also read this website.

http://www.promisekeepers.org/

My Website

Please read the wonderful Page called Poets Corner.

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_21_Poets-Corner

Special Song

I adore this song and hope you like it too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYfo93Cz6ko
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 Jul 2011, 3:35 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

As usual, it is a great joy to share with you. Please forward these studies onto all your friends.

Feel free to print them out and use them to help the body of Christ grow.

Take time to click on the links at the bottom of this message

Thanks

God bless

Keith

GIVE GOD ALL THE GLORY

Acts Chapter 3

9 And all the people saw him walking about and praising God,
10 And they recognized him as the man who usually sat [begging] for alms at the Beautiful Gate of the temple; and they were filled with wonder and amazement (bewilderment, consternation) over what had occurred to him.
11 Now while he [still] firmly clung to Peter and John, all the people in utmost amazement ran together and crowded around them in the covered porch (walk) called Solomon's.
12 And Peter, seeing it, answered the people, You men of Israel, why are you so surprised and wondering at this? Why do you keep staring at us, as though by our [own individual] power or [active] piety we had made this man [able] to walk?

Today, the Lord just wants me to share about, what Peter said in Verse 12.

What Peter said all those years ago, has direct relevance to the Church of Today.

When the Lord, works in power in His church, why are we so surprised? When the Lord heals someone, why are we shocked?

After all, my brothers and sisters, this is what God does.. Amen. He is in the healing business, He is in the deliverance business.. Amen!

We must be careful, when these healings occur, that we look not at the person whom God is using to do them.

Today, it is the fashion, for so called healers to claim, that it is through their power that people are healed and delivered, when it is not down to them at all.

It is all down to the power of God, and has nothing to do with them.

We need to give God all of the Glory, for anything that happens in our lives and the lives of people we touch with HIS healing and grace. Anything other than this, is sin and taking what is rightfully God's. He deserves and indeed demands all the praise and glory.. Amen

Let us not be amazed, when God works powerfully, indeed let us expect it and then give HIM all the glory.. Amen!

Jesus said that without Him ye can do nothing.. amen. We are to be totally dependent on the power of God, working through us. When we are used by God to help people and encourage them, let us remember that it is only through God's power that we are able to do this.

Just a personal note here. I love writing and sharing from God's word and many times, I receive positive feedback but I have to remember, that it is God, who gives me things to write through His Holy Spirit, opening up His word. All praise and honour and glory, must always go to God.. Amen!

Let us give God all the Glory.. Amen

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Here is a wonderful Ministry. Please support it , by prayer and giving.

http://www.clcusa.org

http://www.clc.org.uk/welcome.htm

My Website

Please read the wonderful prayers on the page called Prayer Power.

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_20_Prayer-Power

Special Song

Please sing to the Lord and tell HIM, how much you love HIM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2BhpYUCPmA
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 04 Jul 2011, 8:49 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps

Well, we are now in chapter 3, only 26 chapters to go. I do hope you are keeping up.

Please take time to view the links at the bottom of this message, they will truly bless and encourage you.

I would be grateful, if you would pass on these messages to all your friends, let's get the word out into the world.

Thanks

God bless you

Keith

FULL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AND HIS ANOINTED POWER
Spirit Steps
Chapter 3

1NOW PETER and John were going up to the temple at the hour of prayer, the ninth hour (three o'clock in the afternoon),

2[When] a certain man crippled from his birth was being carried along, who was laid each day at that gate of the temple [which is] called Beautiful, so that he might beg for charitable gifts from those who entered the temple.

3So when he saw Peter and John about to go into the temple, he asked them to give him a gift.

4And Peter directed his gaze intently at him, and so did John, and said, Look at us!

5And [the man] paid attention to them, expecting that he was going to get something from them.

6But Peter said, Silver and gold (money) I do not have; but what I do have, that I give to you: in [the [a]use of] the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk!

7Then he took hold of the man's right hand with a firm grip and raised him up. And at once his feet and ankle bones became strong and steady,

8And leaping forth he stood and [b]began to walk, and he went into the temple with them, walking and leaping and praising God.

Well the Day of Pentecost has now ended. So had the outpouring of God's Spirit?.. the answer is NO.

The man who was laid there, saw literally thousands of people, pass him by, every single day.

Day after day, thousands of people must have walked past him. But these two, were different.

Of all the people, he saw daily, going into the temple, he asked these two for a gift. I wonder what made them stand out. There must have been hundreds and hundreds of people that were going into the temple to pray at that time.

I would suggest to you, that what made Peter and John stand out, like light beacons was because, they were so full of the Holy Spirit and His anointed power.

That my friends, is what makes us stand out in the crowd.

Do you stand out in the crowded world, or do you blend into it?

The second thing, I really want to focus on, is what Peter said to Him in Verse 6. He was not rich in monetary terms, but he had Jesus to offer to the crippled Man.

In the same way, we cannot offer people things of monetary value, but we can offer them Jesus.

Like Peter, we can share with them that Jesus came to heal the broken hearted to deliver those who were captive and set people at liberty (Isaiah 61:1)... Amen!

Luke 4

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

Please note, that in verse 7, it says, he took a firm grip on the man and pulled him up.

Look at Peter's faith, he was absolutely confident in the ability of God to heal this man, there wasn't a doubt in his mind. When we believe that God will do something and reach out in faith, God will respond, because acting in faith pleases God - Hebrews 11:1 & 6.

My fellow brethren, we have to act in faith. Jesus said that we would do greater works than he did... wow isn't that incredible!

John 14

11Believe me that I am in the Father and the Father in Me; or else believe me for the sake of the [very] works themselves. [If you cannot trust me, at least let these works that I do in My Father's name convince you.]

12I assure you, most solemnly I tell you, if anyone steadfastly believes in me, he will himself be able to do the things that I do; and he will do even greater things than these, because I go to the Father.

13And I will do [I myself will grant] whatever you ask in My Name [as [b]presenting all that I AM], so that the Father may be glorified and extolled in (through) the Son.

Matthew Henry comments on the above verses

I. Great power on earth (v. 12): He that believeth on me (as I know you do), the works that I do shall he do also. This does not weaken the argument Christ had taken from his works, to prove himself one with the Father (that others should do as great works), but rather strengthens it; for the miracles which the apostles wrought were wrought in His name, and by faith in Him; and this magnifies His power more than any thing, that He not only wrought miracles Himself, but gave power to others to do so too.

1. Two things he assures them of:—
(1.) That they should be enabled to do such works as He had done, and that they should have a more ample power for the doing of them than they had had when He first sent them forth, Matt. x. 8. Did Christ heal the sick, cleanse the leper, raise the dead? So should they. Did He convince and convert sinners, and draw multitudes to Him? So should they. Though He should depart, the work should not cease, nor fall to the ground, but should be carried on as vigorously and successfully as ever; and it is still in the doing.

(2.) That they should do greater works than these. [1.] In the kingdom of nature they should work greater miracles. No miracle is little, but some to our apprehension seem greater than others. Christ had healed with the hem of His garment, but Peter with his shadow (Acts v. 15),
Paul by the handkerchief that had touched him, Acts xix. 12. Christ wrought miracles for two or three years in one country, but His followers wrought miracles in His name for many ages in divers countries. You shall do greater works, if there be occasion, for the glory of God. The prayer of faith, if at any time it had been necessary, would have removed mountains. [2.] In the kingdom of grace. They should obtain greater victories by the gospel than had been obtained while Christ was upon earth.
The truth is, the captivating of so great a part of the world to Christ, under such outward disadvantages, was the miracle of all. I think this refers especially to the gift of tongues; this was the immediate effect of the pouring out of the Spirit, which was a constant miracle upon the mind, in which words are framed, and which was made to serve so glorious an intention as that of spreading the gospel to all nations in their own language. This was a greater sign to them that believed not (1 Cor. xiv. 22), and more powerful for their conviction, than any other miracle whatever.

My brothers and sisters, Peter and John, weren't super saints; they were ordinary men, filled with the power of God. Later on in Acts, the Council were amazed, because they were unlearned, but they had been with Jesus, and here is the point, when we spend time in the presence of Jesus, and are filled with supernatural power of the Holy Spirit, than we are able to do things that are amazing.

You may not be able to give people silver or gold, but you can offer them JESUS.

ARE YOU OFFERING PEOPLE JESUS?

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please use this website to send one of your friends a card to tell them how much they mean to you

http://cards.heartlight.org/

My website

Please read the wonderful Story of Salvation

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_2_-Salvation-Focus

Special Feature

Please listen to this wonderful man of God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cncEhCvrVgQ&feature=relmfu
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Jun 2011, 10:59 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps
MAINTAINING UNITY WITHIN THE BODY OF CHRIST

It is such a privilege to share with you once again. I do hope that you are all enjoying these studies. Please share them with all your friends, your house/cell groups.

Please click on the featured page links at the bottom of this message

Thanks

God bless

Keith

Acts 2

42And they steadfastly persevered, devoting themselves constantly to the instruction and fellowship of the apostles, to the breaking of bread [including the Lord's Supper] and prayers.
43And a sense of awe (reverential fear) came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were performed through the apostles (the special messengers).
44And all who believed (who adhered to and trusted in and relied on Jesus Christ) were united and [together] they had everything in common;
45And they sold their possessions (both their landed property and their movable goods) and distributed the price among all, according as any had need.

46And day after day they regularly assembled in the temple with united purpose, and in their homes they broke bread [including the Lord's Supper]. They partook of their food with gladness and simplicity and generous hearts,
47Constantly praising God and being in favor and goodwill with all the people; and the Lord kept adding [to their number] daily those who were being saved [from spiritual death].

The church in these early chapters of the Book of Acts, was in it's purest form.

It was founded through the powerful preaching that happened on the Day of Pentecost.. it was Spirit filled, Spirit led and anointed by the Holy Spirit.

It did several things that made it grow, now if we replicate these in our modern church's, then God will bless them.. amen

Let us look at these.

Verse 42

It steadfastly persevered, the church was not easily put off. The disciples would have probably warned these new converts, that there would be a cost in following the Lord.

We need to warn and tell the people who we are sharing the gospel with, that there will be a cost in following the Lord, it means taking up your cross, it means going through persecution. Jesus warns in the parable of the sower, that many will fall away when persecution comes, it is time to stop preaching a soapy gospel and tell people the truth my friends.

Many Christians in today's day and age, say that they can exist without going to church, that church does not matter. The local fellowship is the agent, where christian fellowship can be activated and where it can grow. Believe me, when I first came back to the Lord in 2003, I tried to exist by reading Christian messages on the net, it didn't work.
My dear believing friend, you need to be involved within a church environment. It is where Christian service can happen. Let me share this, although I write on here and am active in doing that, I also am active in my own church and also under a shepherd.. my dear Pastor Mark. It is the place, where I sit under teaching and where I am a full member of the fellowship.

Please get involved in a Bible believing church.. and don't just be a pew warmer.

The principles of finding a good church are outlined in verse 42.

It Must preach the true Gospel.. Jesus Died and rose again and Is seated at the right hand of God.
It Must Practice the Lord's supper and Baptism.
It Must encourage Christian principles such as fellowship, Bible reading and prayer.

Verse 43

In a truly Spirit filled and anointed church, there is a sense of the awesomeness of God.. he alone is the one that is worshipped. Reverential fear is a thing, we need today in the church.. why?

Because if you have this, we are careful not to grieve our Father by sin.. amen. The fear of God, is the beginning of wisdom, it is where wisdom starts. We need a new vision of who God is.. when we have this..then we can progress.. we need to bow the knee at the awesomeness of God.. his glory , his majesty.
Many miracles were done by the apostles, but they were done in the environment of there being a deep fear of the Lord upon the whole church. They saw the power of God in action day after day and this fact, made them shudder with wonder. When we see the power of God in action.. what is our reaction?

Please note, that out of the awe and worship of God, came the miracles. Not the other way round, so often, we want to see miracles, before worship. Out of all our worship, flows everything including our service etc. When we are in awe at the power of God, like the early church were, God will show himself in miracle working power.

Verse 44

Church is difficult..when I look at my church.. different people from different backgrounds.. but with one thing in common.. saved by the precious blood of the Lamb.. amen

Unity within the body of Christ, is so powerful. That is why the devil spends so much time seeking to destroy the unity of the church, that is why it is crucial to keep unity in the bond of peace. It is essential, if God is ever going to work in your church, that unity is kept. It says earlier in the Chapter, that there were Jews from all over, hearing this sermon, but they were so together, no wonder the Lord worked in glorious power.. the church was living in Unity.

Maybe God can't work in your church, because it is not living in Unity. Unity in Christ = Blessing By GOD.

Verse 45

Unity in the early church, was not just about being together in person. It had it's practical outflow and so it must be for us. Many times in scripture and you know the places, we are told to help our brothers and sisters in the Lord. Indeed if we see, a brother or sister in need and send him/her away, with a nice prayer, we are in sin.
When was the last time, you helped one of your brothers and sisters in Christ?. If I/you, have the resources to help someone in your church, who needs help and you don't give it, then sin lies at my /your door my friend.

The Lord takes this very seriously, indeed if you look further on in Acts to Chapter 4:32-Chapter 5:11. If the Lord looks on it seriously, then I think, we should also .. amen

Verse 46

Two things here strike me:

Firstly, they loved being together worshipping God and sharing with each other, it was a source of amazing joy. They could hardly wait to praise and worship God. I wonder do we have the same attitude? Is Sunday fellowship or bible study or whatever you attend, a time you looked forward to with anticipation and joy?

Secondly, there was no pride within the church. They ate their food with simplicity, there was no one lording it over anyone else. There was no one saying.. look at me. They had real humility and care for one another. Do we in our church, have the same attitude?

Verse 47

By continually praising God, the church were only obeying the word of God as it states in Psalm 34:1. A church that is continually praising God, will have no time for backbiting, strife and gossip.. because praise to God, will be a never ending stream of blessing.

If your church, is in strife, is backbiting each other and full of strife.. God is saying to you today, that it is time to repent and stop doing these things and to start praising Him.. amen.

Praise pleases God.. he will give your church favour..in two ways.

Firstly with Man. Do you wonder why many church's have problems with secular agencies over many issues, maybe if they had a praising attitude, then the world would sit up and take notice. The world will take notice of the church, when the church stops complaining, about what it hasn't got and starts to be what it should be.. one body that praises God.. whatever the circumstances.. amen

Secondly with Himself. He will bless and increase your church and add to the church. He will expand your territory and grow your ministry.

Finally, you may think, that is this, cant and won't happen in today's world. You can't produce a formula for church growth.. but you can put strong principles in place.

There are many books out .. the Purpose Driven Church etc.. and these are good up to a point.. I am not knocking them.. but they need to be subject to the Only book that matters and that is the WORD OF GOD - THE BIBLE.

We can do all things and still we need the Holy Spirit.. to move in Power. Because it is God and Him alone that brings about revival through His sovereign Will.. but we can help by giving Him the opportunity to work in us.. amen.
I have only scratched the surface in this study and I would encourage you to delve into this passage in more detail.
God bless

Keith

Special Song

Be blessed by this beautiful hymn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIw01hqb2Gg

Featured Website

Please pray for and support the wonderful ministry of this dear Christian Couple. He plays the harp so wonderfully and serves the Lord so faithfully

http://eduardklassen.com/

My Website

Please check out some of the wonderful Christian music on my home page

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Jun 2011, 3:36 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

We are coming to the climax of the Day of Pentecost....Peter has finished his sermon . What happens next is amazing.. it is awesome and it can and will happen today.. amen. I hope you are enjoying these studies.

Please click on the links at the bottom to view the featured page on the website and also pass on this message to all your friends and contacts.

Thanks

God bless you

Keith

KEY ATTRIBUTE OF A CHRISTIAN - REPENTANCE

Acts 2

38And Peter answered them, Repent (change your views and purpose to accept the will of God in your inner selves instead of rejecting it) and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of and release from your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

39For the promise [of the Holy Spirit] is to and for you and your children, and to and for all that are far away, [even] to and for as many as the Lord our God invites and bids to come to Himself.
40And [Peter] [i]solemnly and earnestly witnessed (testified) and admonished (exhorted) with much more continuous speaking and warned (reproved, advised, encouraged) them, saying, Be saved from this crooked (perverse, wicked, unjust) generation.
41Therefore those who accepted and welcomed his message were baptized, and there were added that day about 3,000 souls.

In verse 37 of this chapter, we observed that the people, who were listening to Peter's sermon, were cut to the heart and asked what should they do.

We noticed that when the gospel is preached in power and authority and Jesus is the One lifted up, that the Holy Spirit works IN POWER.

It reminds me of the words in Hebrews 4:

12 For the Word that God speaks is alive and full of power [making it active, operative, energizing, and effective]; it is sharper than any two-edged sword, penetrating to the dividing line of the breath of life (soul) and [the immortal] spirit, and of joints and marrow [of the deepest parts of our nature], exposing and sifting and analyzing and judging the very thoughts and purposes of the heart.

We are going to look at Peter's response to the question asked in Verse 37.

The first word, he utters in answering their question is.. REPENT. not even in those days was it popular to say this word and although it is not popular today, we must preach repentance! Amen. Paul says to Timothy.. to Preach the Gospel.. in and out of season..2 Timothy 4:2.

Whether it is popular or not to preach repentance, we must preach it. This is one word that that the world doesn't want to hear, because it comes with the implication, that we have something to turn from .. Amen.

To repent.. means to turn from sin and head in the opposite direction. It means you literally reject the way of sin and that it becomes something that you hate.

If to repent was a personal and heart thing, then to be BAPTISED was and is a very public thing. Now I realise that there are many of you who do not believe in it.

Well Jesus practised it and here, right at the start of the Church's existence, we have it embedded into the church fabric so to speak.

Baptism by full immersion is biblical my friend, it is a sign to the world, that you are identified with Christ - Romans chapter 6. I would encourage you to seek the Lord on this matter.

Aren't verses 38-39 amazing... all through Old Testament, the Holy Spirit was on the Mighty men of God.. now it was being promised to the Jews.. to live inside of them.. and that promise still stands today....Amen

Peter stated that this world was perverse and corrupt, strong words. He had great boldness and was only interested in one thing and that was saving souls.. he was not interested in bowing down to political correctness or to the the world's standards. He and the apostles were not politically correct.. instead that sought to stand against the authorities, who were corrupt. Amen! If it was corrupt and perverse in the days of the apostles, I wonder what words they would use , if they were around today?

We must always be obedient to Governments, but if they break God's law, we must never be afraid to stand up for our Lord and say that what they are doing is not right and is wrong in the eyes of the Lord. Remember that we are the Lord's voice on the earth.

Three thousands souls were converted.. wow.. now that's amazing and that they were all baptised on the same day.. it would have gone on all night.. oh! for that to happen in today's world. It can still happen.. has the Lord changed?. Do you or your church believe it can still happen today?

The First church was so strong, because of the first sermon.. they knew.. each and every one of them, what they were saved from.. the power and penalty of sin, through the Cross and Resurrection of Jesus. They produced mighty men and women of God, because these were people who had turned and repented of their sins and were walking in God's way.

Church, we need to preach repentance. God saves and gives us so much.. but He demands repentance from us.. probably the KEY attribute of the Christian.. is that he/she has a repentant heart. Even if they do sin.. it is not long before their heart cry is like David's ...

Psalm 51:

1HAVE MERCY upon me, O God, according to Your steadfast love; according to the multitude of Your tender mercy and loving-kindness blot out my transgressions.

2Wash me thoroughly [and repeatedly] from my iniquity and guilt and cleanse me and make me wholly pure from my sin!

3For I am conscious of my transgressions and I acknowledge them; my sin is ever before me.

4Against You, You only, have I sinned and done that which is evil in Your sight, so that You are justified in Your sentence and faultless in Your judgment.

May God Bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please read this wonderful website. Please pray and support this wonderful ministry.

http://www.mission2russia.org/Mission_To_Russia/Home.html

My Website

Please read the Guest Page. This has some of the best teaching on the web and changes every week.

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_19_Guest-Page

Special Teaching

This is a wonderful teaching on missions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NTeUlHTTu4c&feature=related
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Jun 2011, 11:51 pm

Welcome once again to Spirit Steps

Today, we are going to look deeper into probably.. one of the greatest sermons ever given. I hope you are enjoying these studies and for those of you.. who have been with me from the start.. I hope you have been printing these out.. as they will build up to make a unique commentary on this wonderful book.

Please click on the featured page links at the bottom of this e-mail

Thanks and God bless

Keith

PREACH CHRIST CRUCIFIED

Acts chapter 2

For bible passage click below

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=acts%202:22-37&version=AMP

Well the gibbering wreck has been transformed into the bold preacher.. yes Peter had changed from denying Jesus to uplifting Him.. before the whole of Jerusalem.

There were probably people in the crowd, who knew what Peter had done and even heard him, on that sorry night..so there is hope for us all.. whatever failures, we have had in the past, it doesn't mean, God can't use in the future, if we are truly repentant.. amen

Note that the first words out of his mouth, are about Jesus, not about himself, he testifies of Jesus, nothing else. How often when we are sharing with someone, do we put forward our church or our denomination?

We should be preaching Christ Crucified and nothing else.. amen?

He states in verse 23, that this was part of God's plan.. Pilate, Herod and the Pharisees, were just used of God to bring about His purposes.. His salvation plan.. amen

What a wonderful statement in verse 24, the pangs of death, were not able to keep Jesus. Death could not hold HIM, and now we can benefit.. death has lost it's sting and power.. amen

He uses the analogy of David, all of the crowd were Jews and related to this. they were steeped in the scriptures and knew the stories of David inside out, but here was Peter stating that the words of David were prophetic.. that David was not speaking of Himself But Christ.

In Verse 32, Peter identifies himself and the apostles, with the Resurrection of Jesus, he states that they were eye witnesses of what happened.

Surely the best way to witness is to tell your eye witness story of what has happened to you. Have you told someone your story.. today/this week/this month/this year?

Peter in verse 36, made it personal to the people listening. He made sure they knew what had happened to Christ and what God had done, that he had been crucified, but God had raised Him and now had Glorified Him at his right hand

In verse 37, they were cut to the heart, the strong biblical preaching of God's holy word, has an effect. The Holy Spirit, will honour the word of God, when Jesus is lifted up.

You look at the sermon and think that Peter goes round the houses, but he preaches strong words to these people.. no wonder the first church, was so strong, it was built on the principles of the First sermon.

In today's world, the church is producing thousands and thousands of converts, but not many disciples.. we need to ask why. Maybe it is because, we preach that God will bring peace, joy etc.. and sure God will bring those things to your life.

But we need to present the gospel, in the right way.. we must stress the cross and sin and eternal punishment and say to people that if they become a Christian.. sure things will be great with God.. but also difficult.. there will be persecution, there is an enemy to fight.. they will swimming against the tide.

It is time to look at what the First church preached and that was Jesus and Him alone.. it was not what God could do for them.. it was how these people could be forgiven of their sin and saved from eternal punishment.. now to preach hell is not popular.. but hell is mentioned more times than heaven in the bible.

I was saved when someone preached on hell.. when we have a clear knowledge of the eternal consequences for people who aren't saved, then our one and only focus, will be on saving souls.. amen

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please stand with our persecuted Brothers and sisters, by reading this wonderful website

http://www.persecution.com/

My website

Please read about our persecuted Brethren

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_14_Persecuted-Church

Special Feature

On our persecuted Brothers and sisters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXjlkaM-ikY&feature=related
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Jun 2011, 1:43 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

It is a great joy to share this adventure with you.. yes it is an adventure. I hope you are really enjoying our study in the book of Acts.. although I will be about 60 when I finish...already 52..lol lol lol.

Please click the featured links at the bottom of this message, they will bring you much blessing
God bless you

Keith

THE HOLY SPIRIT
Acts 2:14-21

14 But Peter, standing with the eleven, raised his voice and addressed them: You Jews and all you residents of Jerusalem, let this be [explained] to you so that you will know and understand; listen closely to what I have to say.

15 For these men are not drunk, as you imagine, for it is [only] the third hour (about 9:00 a.m.) of the day;
16 But [instead] this is [the beginning of] what was spoken through the prophet Joel:
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, God declares, that I will pour out of My Spirit upon all mankind, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy [[b]telling forth the divine counsels] and your young men shall see visions ([c]divinely granted appearances), and your old men shall dream [[d]divinely suggested] dreams.

18 Yes, and on My menservants also and on My maidservants in those days I will pour out of My Spirit, and they shall prophesy [[e]telling forth the divine counsels and [f]predicting future events pertaining especially to God's kingdom].

19 And I will show wonders in the sky above and signs on the earth beneath, blood and fire and smoking vapor;
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood before the obvious day of the Lord comes--that great and notable and conspicuous and renowned [day].
21 And it shall be that whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord [[g]invoking, adoring, and worshiping the Lord--Christ] shall be saved.

The Day of Pentecost was finally here, the world would never be the same.

As Peter stands up to address the crowd of Jewish people, he repeats a prophecy from the Book of Joel.

The first thing that can be said about this fact is this, everything God said in the Old Testament, about the first coming of Jesus and what would happen in subsequent days and years, came to fulfillment. So we can be sure that every thing, God has said both in relation to us and to the wonderful second coming of our Precious Lord and Saviour, will come to pass.

Every word that relates to the future in scripture, will be fulfilled. God never has or never will break a promise.

A word on Joel. He was a prophet who lived many years before Jesus and the Apostles. He wrote this down under inspiration from the Holy Spirit, he would never see it, but he believed it. Now that is faith, my friends Hebrews 11:1.

What God is going to do here, is not just for the Day of Pentecost.. it is for now my friends. It is God's wish to pour out HIS Holy Spirit on all flesh and to transform the world through the power of the cross..

The Lord wishes to pour out His Spirit on us today, but the circumstances do have to be right 2 Chronicles 7:14-16.

What we also have to recognise, is that a move of God, is a sovereign act of God.. it is at His time. The wind blows and you don't know where it is coming from and going too.. this is just like the Spirit of God moving.. you will know that it has come from God and you will certainly see the effects of it working in your church/community/life.

Also please note that the Lord pours out His Spirit on both men and women, there is no distinction in God's eyes. God is not looking at our outward appearance, he looks at our heart.

It is striking that the men and women are called servants, my brothers and sisters, we have to realise that we are only servants, so let curb our ego's and remember, that we are servants under the Lordship of Christ.

The passage ends, with a wonderful promise, the offer is still open my friend.. but it is closing soon.

Isn't it time you called upon the name of Jesus and be saved?

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website Link

Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I have been there several times. Please pray for and support the work of the city mission

http://edinburghcitymission.org.uk/

My website

Please stand with us each Wednesday night as we pray for revival. This page has also prayer points for my beloved country of the UK

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_15_Britain-Ablaze

Special Song

This song is just amazing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGCQnwn2hIQ
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 Jun 2011, 12:12 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

What a joy it is to share with you once again, as we continue through the Book of Acts.

Please click on the featured page links at the bottom of this message

The disciples are out on the streets of Jerusalem. Excitement is building... the disciples are going to see the fulfillment of every promise Jesus made to them. Can you imagine the scene. Picture the scene in your mind and know that this can and will happen in the present day as God hasn't changed and neither has his power to save.. amen

Read on dear friend

God Bless you

Keith

THE POWER OF THE GOSPEL

Acts 2:5-13

5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.
12And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?
13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

These were amazing scenes. Jerusalem had been in uproar over Passover due to the Death and Resurrection of Jesus and now it was going to be turned upside down again by the first sermon preached by the apostles.

Certain things just speak to me out of this passage and I just want to share them with you.

In verse 6 it says that they were confounded because they heard the gospel in their native tongue. How often does it say about the gospel later in Acts that it confounded people, note it did not confuse them.

The gospel rises above anything else that is here on earth, it is simple so that a child can understand it and is so intricate that the finest philosopher can relate to it. But it confounds every known notion of man, because it is the power of God unto salvation-AMEN

In verse 7 it says they were all amazed, let me ask you this are people amazed at your Christianity and mine? Does it make them totally astonished about the changes that have taken place in our lives and if not , why not?

God is seeking to stir the church and by so doing so.. He can shake nations. It is only when God moves in revival power in His church that the world can be shaken.. amen. See 2 Chronicles 7:14-20.

In verse 11, the crowd said that the disciples proclaimed the wonderful works of God and words of God, nothing else. They did not promote themselves, but Jesus. Do we?

In verses 12-13 we have the different responses people make, some want to probe deeper saying, what is the meaning of this and others like in verse 13 will mock, we must be prepared to meet both responses.

Everyone who was there on that day were not saved, it says in verse 41 of chapter 2 that it was those who gladly received the word.

We must realise that some people will refuse and ridicule us and never come to Christ, our job once we have presented the gospel is to leave them with the Lord and let Him deal with them.

What a day this was, amazing things were just starting to happen.

It would be great if we had something like that happen in our town or area, after all, God has not changed and neither has The Holy Spirit changed. Our message must never change, that of Christ crucified and risen again, but our methods can and will adapt.

Let the world be amazed by us as it was on this day

God bless you

Keith

Special Song

Please sing along and worship the Lord

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH-snsXw1as&playnext=1&list=PLEC407423DEA321D8

Featured Website

Please pray for and support the brilliant work of the Gideons. Click on the location you live in to see their work in your country

http://www.gideons.org/Splash.aspx

My website

Please read the home page of the site. I especially challenge you to go to the bottom of this page and click on the preaching links.. they are wonderful

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Jun 2011, 12:13 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

Are you keeping up?. We are starting chapter2.. things are quickening up.. the Holy Spirit is about to be poured out. The world will never be the same.. amen. I hope you will share these messages with all your friends

Please also take time to view the featured page links at the bottom of these messages.. you will be blessed and encouraged. These links are put there to encourage you and to draw you closer to the Father, so please take time to click them

Thanks and God bless

Keith

UNITY IN THE HOLY SPIRIT
Acts 2
1 AND WHEN the day of Pentecost had fully come, they were all assembled together in one place,
2 When suddenly there came a sound from heaven like the rushing of a violent tempest blast, and it filled the whole house in which they were sitting.
3 And there appeared to them tongues resembling fire, which were separated and distributed and which settled on each one of them.
4 And they were all filled (diffused throughout their souls) with the Holy Spirit and began to speak in other (different, foreign) languages (tongues), as the Spirit [a]kept giving them clear and loud expression [in each tongue in appropriate words].

Jesus had told the apostles that they were going to take His gospel to the ends of the earth, and this is the start of the story.
Let me share some things from this passage that will help us as we, together, seek to serve God and make Him known in our area of His vineyard.
In Verse 1, the apostles did everything to make sure the Holy Spirit could work in their lives. They were together in one place and united.
There is no talk here of division, either in doctrinal or personal terms. There are no competing ego's or strong personalities seeking to put themselves forward, if this had been the case, then the Holy Spirit, would not of come in such power, as He can't work in such circumstances.
Church, this is still the case. The Holy Spirit, can't work in power, if His Church is not in unity. If there are petty factions within your church, then this is hindering or even stopping the work of the Holy Spirit.
In verse 2, it says the Holy Spirit came suddenly. You know my brothers and sisters, we do not know when and where the Holy Spirit will work, but we know He is working all over the World, every minute probably 3 people are being saved.
When the Holy Spirit came in power and gave the Gift of tongues to the Disciples in verses 2-3, did they all receive the same dialect to speak in? No of course not and this reminds me of the verse in 1 Corinthians 12:
1 Corinthians 12:4 (King James Version)
4 Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

I don't think the disciples argued about these gifts, just imagine if one of the languages spoken on that day, there were twice as many people who spoke that language in the crowd as the others, this would of led to arguments, well it would in the Modern church, now wouldn't it?

In Verse 4, it says that they were filled. When the Holy Spirit touches the believer with His power, he doesn't just half fill them, he fills them right to the brim with boldness and power. Note also that it was the Spirit that gave them utterance and also that it was only after they were filled with the Holy Spirit, that they started to speak.

Christian don't speak without the infilling and anointed power of the Holy Spirit. It is yours for the asking, you just have to ask for it. God will touch your life, just ask to be filled.

You may say well God fills me automatically. Well when your car needs petrol/gas, does it make it's own way to the gas station?

When we ask God, he supplies the power for us to operate in.

So for the Holy Spirit to work, we have to be united first and foremost, all of us in our church situations, must be living in Unity and walking the love walk with other believers.

In the first group of Christians, there were some pretty big ego's, such as Peter, but they had their flesh crucified, because they wanted to see Jesus lifted high.

Do you and your church want to see Jesus lifted High?

Do you want to see the Holy Spirit work in power?

God bless you

Yours in Christ

Keith

Featured Page Link

The Lord is doing a great work among the motor bike community. Please read about one of these chapters and pray for them

http://bandofbrothersmm.com/

My website

Please read the page called Fathers Heart. There is strong meat on here.. so be warned

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_18_Fathers-Heart

Special Song

Please sing to the Lord.. raise your hands in worship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5hN_m55uoM&feature=related
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 03 Jun 2011, 6:46 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

We are coming towards the end of chapter 1. It has been a pleasure to share with you and I hope you have been blessed and encouraged as you read these messages.

Please take time to view the featured page links at the bottom of this message

Thanks

Keith

POWER THROUGH THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST
Acts 1

15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.
18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.
20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.
21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
23 And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.

24And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

25That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

26And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

I just want us to focus on the phrase in verse 22.

I was reading this passage and the phrase that says ' to be a witness with us of His resurrection.'. This just jumped out at me.
I love this phrase and to me that is what we all are.
Every single believer is a living breathing outflow of the resurrection of Jesus. We are as Romans chapter 6 says:
4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We are living breathing examples of the resurrection of Jesus. Because we live our new lives in the power of that resurrection.

The Resurrection of Jesus was done with power and authority and we are to live in the light of that authority and power. Am I, are you?

We live in newness of life, we are filled with the power of God through the Holy Spirit.

Are you a living example of the resurrection of Jesus?

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please read/pray for and support the wonderful work of Gospel For Asia

http://www.gfa.org/

My Website

Please read the guest page. This is changed every week and is full of the best articles I can find

Special Song

Please sing along, lift up your hands and worship God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbUHqPyLEk&feature=related
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 02 Jun 2011, 2:35 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

We are coming towards the end of chapter 1. It has been a pleasure to share with you and I hope you have been blessed and encouraged as you read these messages.

Please take time to view the featured page links at the bottom of this message
Thanks

Keith
POWER THROUGH THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST
Acts 1

15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)
16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.
17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.
18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.
19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.
20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.
21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,
22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
23 And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.

24And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,
25That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

26And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

I just want us to focus on the phrase in verse 22.
I was reading this passage and the phrase that says ' to be a witness with us of His resurrection.'. This just jumped out at me.
I love this phrase and to me that is what we all are.
Every single believer is a living breathing outflow of the resurrection of Jesus. We are as Romans chapter 6 says:
4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We are living breathing examples of the resurrection of Jesus. Because we live our new lives in the power of that resurrection.

The Resurrection of Jesus was done with power and authority and we are to live in the light of that authority and power. Am I, are you?
We live in newness of life, we are filled with the power of God through the Holy Spirit.

Are you a living example of the resurrection of Jesus?

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please read/pray for and support the wonderful work of Gospel For Asia

http://www.gfa.org/

My Website

Please read the guest page. This is changed every week and is full of the best articles I can find

Special Song

Please sing along, lift up your hands and worship God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbUHqPyLEk&feature=related
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 May 2011, 2:09 pm

Welcome To Spirit Steps

Well we are getting into this study, and I hope you are enjoying this as much as I am writing it.

Please take time to view the featured page links at the bottom.. especially the youth blog. Please share it with all your young people.
Thanks

Keith

WAIT ON THE LORD
Acts 1:12-14

12 Then [the disciples] went back to Jerusalem from the hill called Olivet, which is near Jerusalem, [only] a Sabbath day's journey (three-quarters of a mile) away.
13 And when they had entered [the city], they mounted [the stairs] to the upper room where they were indefinitely] staying--Peter and John and James and Andrew; Philip and Thomas, Bartholomew and Matthew; James son of Alphaeus and Simon the Zealot, and Judas [son] of James.
14 All of these with their minds in full agreement devoted themselves steadfastly to prayer, [waiting together] with the women and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with His brothers.

The disciples had been promised the Holy Spirit. Jesus had given His word and therefore they went back and waited.
So often when we receive a word from God and have His promise, but we do not want to wait patiently for it's fulfillment.

How often instead of waiting patiently for God to act out His promise, do we rush around trying to make it happen?
The disciples did not try and force God's hand on the coming of the Holy Spirit.. this shows me two things.
That they had complete trust that when God said something.. it would happen. God is never late with anything and never ever breaks a promise. Amen!

Secondly they were focused.. they went back to their room and prayed and waited. Do we do this? Are we prepared to wait in God's waiting room?
God finally sent the Holy Spirit to them and endued them with great power. But one of the things before the Holy spirit can come in all it's fullness, is that all the brethren were of the same mind, they were in full agreement. God will not work in an individual believer's life or in the life of a church if there is strife and discord there. Where there is strife there is every evil thing.
People say that women have no role in the church today.. well verse 14 makes it clear that women were present at this time and probably on the day of Pentecost.. God promised in Joel chapter 2 to pour out his Spirit on:
28 And afterward I will pour out My Spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions.
29 Even upon the menservants and upon the maidservants in those days will I pour out My Spirit.
God will call women to serve Him in whatever capacity HE sees fit.. if that is in the role of a pastor.. who are we to say God is wrong. God gives out ministries and gifts at His choosing not ours.. maybe this is one of the reasons.. Why God doesn't pour out his Spirit on us now.. we are telling HIM how to do things.
Brethren we are His servants, God is not ours.
When we get back to the basics of being in Unity, being steadfast in prayer and allowing God to be God and waiting on Him. That is the right environment for God to pour out his revival blessing.
I hope you are blessed by this
God Bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please click on the link to see one of the best sites for young people.. even if you are an older person such as me.. please click on it.. you may learn something

http://ymiblogging.org/

My website

Please read about the great men and women of God In times past

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_5_Faith-movers

Special Song

Please sing along and be blessed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsxgLZAzxt0&feature=related
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 May 2011, 5:14 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

What a joy it is to share with you again. I hope you are blessed by these studies.

Please click on the featured page links at the bottom of this message.. thanks

God bless you

Keith

Spirit Steps

THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS

Acts 1:9-11

9 And when He had said this, even as they were looking [at Him], He was caught up, and a cloud received and carried Him away out of their sight.
10 And while they were gazing intently into heaven as He went, behold, two men [dressed] in white robes suddenly stood beside them,
11 Who said, Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing into heaven? This same Jesus, Who was caught away and lifted up from among you into heaven, will return in [just] the same way in which you saw Him go into heaven.
This is truly awesome brothers and sisters.
I want us to focus on what the angels said to the disciples in verse 11.
The disciples were distraught at losing Jesus, they were looking longingly after Him. It was the angels who told them the immense truth that this Jesus who they had seen ascending into Heaven was going to come again.
For us as believers, this is our blessed hope Titus 2:13. This is the day every believer longs for, when the clouds will part and the trumpet will sound and we will rise to be with our Saviour in the air, what a day that will be.
1 Thessalonians 4:17 (Amplified Bible)

17Then we, the living ones who remain [on the earth], shall simultaneously be caught up along with [the resurrected dead] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so always (through the eternity of the eternities) we shall be with the Lord!
The second coming of Jesus should drive us to get closer to God and to serve him by reaching out to the world, if the day of the Lord thrills us, we need to take as many as we can with us. May we share this awesome truth with all we meet.

The second coming of Jesus is the ultimate event.. in our so called event culture, this is the ultimate event... I hope you have got your invite.. know that I have.

We do not know when the day will be, but it is coming, every day is one day nearer to this glorious day. It is the blessed hope of the believer.. Amen
Let me finish, by sharing something the Lord showed me.
I was sitting in a car one day, and the whole horizon was in front of me. The Lord said, one day those clouds, that entire horizon, I am going to roll back and you will see the Lord Jesus in all His glory. You often can't see the sun for the clouds, but there will come a day, when the Father will roll back every cloud and everyone will see the Son.
Some people are thrill seekers, but flying through the air to meet our Lord will be the greatest thrill ride of all time..AMEN . Many of you have flown, but this kind of flying is not in a plane!!!!

May the coming of this same Jesus, thrill and excite you so much, remember every day is one day closer to the coming of our wonderful and Glorious Saviour, who comes to fetch His people home.
Let us be about the business of the Lord all the time.. time is short my brothers and sisters. Let us not be weary in well doing.. sharing Jesus with a needy world.. AMEN.

Are you excited yet?

Hallelujah and Amen
Come Lord Jesus come
God Bless you

Keith

Featured Page link

Please read this great page and support the ministry of YWAM in Greneda

http://www.ywamgrenada.org/

My website

Please read the story of people transformed by the power of the gospel

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_22_Transformed-Lives

Special Song

Please sing along and ask God to open the eyes of your heart as you worship Him

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJ3tn2nJrDo&feature=related
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 22 May 2011, 1:43 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps
GOD OWNS THE TIMES AND SEASONS

I hope you are keeping up.. we are now advancing into Chapter 1. Hope you are being blessed and will share these writings with others.

Please take time to click on the featured page links at the bottom of this message.

God bless you

Keith

Spirit Steps

Acts 1

6 So when they were assembled, they asked Him, Lord, is this the time when You will reestablish the kingdom and restore it to Israel?
7 He said to them, It is not for you to become acquainted with and know [b]what time brings [the things and events of time and their definite periods] or fixed [c]years and seasons (their critical niche in time), which the Father has appointed (fixed and reserved) by His own choice and authority and personal power.
8 But you shall receive power (ability, efficiency, and might) when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you shall be My witnesses in Jerusalem and all Judea and Samaria and to the ends (the very bounds) of the earth.

After three years of sharing things with the apostles, Jesus leaves one of his most important statements until last.

Jesus had outlined the apostles commission in Matthew 28:19-20, saying that he had ALL AUTHORITY, the Greek word used here for authority is EXOUSIA.

Now he tells the apostles how that is going to be achieved, and that is through the power of the Holy Spirit, and the Greek word used here is DUNAMIS, which means dynamic or dynamo.

Let me say that every power station in the world, cannot compare to the dynamic power of the Holy Spirit. It makes timid men strong see Acts 2.

In verse 7, it states that the Father owns the times and the seasons. It is the Father and no one else, who knows when Jesus.. the Son.. will return. It is not for us to worry about this, our job is to be about sharing and preaching Christ Crucified and Risen Again.. amen

Also in verse 8, Jesus states that they are to be witnesses to Him to the ends of the earth, they thought it would just be in Israel. Do we like Peter have a small vision?
The Greek word for witnesses is MATUROS meaning martyr. Their is a cost for testifying to your Lord.

The question is are you prepared to pay that price to testify of Him.

May my /your answer always be yes.

Here I am Lord SEND ME.
Be blessed

Keith

Featured Website

Please read the wonderful poetry of My dear friend Ann Hart

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?sitename=cocoannspoems&item=home&poetry=true

My website

Please read this wonderful page and share it with your unbelieving friends.. Jesus is alive..AMEN

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_4_Jesus-is-Alive

Special Song

This is wonderful. I hope you enjoy it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXjksN-Fn18
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 May 2011, 1:02 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

Well here we go.. we start on the first chapter and the first 5 verses.. what have I got myself into here!!!!!.. only another 28 chapters to go.

I love the Book of Acts. indeed I love the whole of the Bible, but for me.. this is my favourite book.. simply because there is a sense of adventure running through the whole book.. a sense of excitement.

I hope you will share these messages and please click on the featured page links at the bottom of this e-mail.
Thanks
God bless you
Keith

WAIT FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT

Acts 1:1-5
1 IN THE former account [which I prepared], O Theophilus, I made [a continuous report] dealing with all the things which Jesus began to do and to teach(A)
2 Until the day when He ascended, after He through the Holy Spirit had instructed and commanded the apostles (special messengers) whom He had chosen.
3 To them also He showed Himself alive after His passion (His suffering in the garden and on the cross) by [a series of] many convincing demonstrations [unquestionable evidences and infallible proofs], appearing to them during forty days and talking [to them] about the things of the kingdom of God.
4 And while being in their company and eating with them, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem but to wait for what the Father had promised, Of which [He said] you have heard Me speak.(B)
5 For John baptized with water, but not many days from now you shall be baptized with ([a]placed in, introduced into) the Holy Spirit.

Luke wants the reader to know several things, as he starts the description of the work of the Early Church, and here are just a couple of things that stand out.
He wants the reader to know that before anything else, the disciples and apostles were completely convinced of the reality of the death and rising again of Jesus. v3. They had many evidences of the risen Christ, they had seen Him, touched Him and sat at His feet.
Before we can go out into the world like the apostles and be witnesses for the Lord, we have to be convinced and know for a fact that Jesus lives in Us, and we have to spend time fellow shipping with Jesus and knowing His word, just like the apostles did.
Jesus was with the apostles for three years, but this was a different ball game, because now Jesus could reveal new and deeper things to his brethren. How often did he say during his earthly ministry, you cannot receive these things now, but you will later.
The apostles were told to wait v4. Forty days Jesus with them, every day must of brought new revelation to them, but without the unction of the Holy spirit, it was useless. God will show us and gives us things, but unless it has the unction and anointing of the Holy Spirit upon it then it will not go far.
Just like writing these messages.. God gives me the words to write.. but it will be the HOLY SPIRIT who speaks to people's hearts.. once they leave me.. it is over to the Spirit of God.. amen . The disciples could of gone rushing out into the streets of Jerusalem.. full of enthusiasm to share what Jesus has told them.. but without God's power supply it would of been useless.. amen
We like the apostles, need to spend our own forty days, sat at the feet of Jesus. Many of the apostles, would of been excited as Jesus told them what was going to happen, but they were told to wait.
How often, are we told to wait about a project, because if we don't and the Lord's anointing is not on it, then it will not succeed.
Let us be ones who listen and learn at the feet of Jesus
Amen
God Bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please pray for and share with the ministry of Pastor Paul and his team

http://divinedeliveranceministries.org/

My website

Please use this page as an evangelism tool

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_2_-Salvation-Focus

Special Song

Please sing along as you meditate on Jesus. Let him be the centre of everything.. amen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG-l1kK-BpU
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 May 2011, 12:15 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

Well here we go.. we start on the first chapter and the first 5 verses.. what have I got myself into here!!!!!.. only another 28 chapters to go.

I love the Book of Acts. indeed I love the whole of the Bible, but for me.. this is my favourite book.. simply because there is a sense of adventure running through the whole book.. a sense of excitement.

I hope you will share these messages and please click on the featured page links at the bottom of this e-mail.
Thanks
God bless you
Keith

WAIT FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT

Acts 1:1-5
1 IN THE former account [which I prepared], O Theophilus, I made [a continuous report] dealing with all the things which Jesus began to do and to teach(A)
2 Until the day when He ascended, after He through the Holy Spirit had instructed and commanded the apostles (special messengers) whom He had chosen.
3 To them also He showed Himself alive after His passion (His suffering in the garden and on the cross) by [a series of] many convincing demonstrations [unquestionable evidences and infallible proofs], appearing to them during forty days and talking [to them] about the things of the kingdom of God.
4 And while being in their company and eating with them, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem but to wait for what the Father had promised, Of which [He said] you have heard Me speak.(B)
5 For John baptized with water, but not many days from now you shall be baptized with ([a]placed in, introduced into) the Holy Spirit.
Luke wants the reader to know several things, as he starts the description of the work of the Early Church, and here are just a couple of things that stand out.
He wants the reader to know that before anything else, the disciples and apostles were completely convinced of the reality of the death and rising again of Jesus. v3. They had many evidences of the risen Christ, they had seen Him, touched Him and sat at His feet.

Before we can go out into the world like the apostles and be witnesses for the Lord, we have to be convinced and know for a fact that Jesus lives in Us, and we have to spend time fellow shipping with Jesus and knowing His word, just like the apostles did.

Jesus was with the apostles for three years, but this was a different ball game, because now Jesus could reveal new and deeper things to his brethren. How often did he say during his earthly ministry, you cannot receive these things now, but you will later.

The apostles were told to wait v4. Forty days Jesus with them, every day must of brought new revelation to them, but without the unction of the Holy spirit, it was useless. God will show us and gives us things, but unless it has the unction and anointing of the Holy Spirit upon it then it will not go far.

Just like writing these messages.. God gives me the words to write.. but it will be the HOLY SPIRIT who speaks to people's hearts.. once they leave me.. it is over to the Spirit of God.. amen . The disciples could of gone rushing out into the streets of Jerusalem.. full of enthusiasm to share what Jesus has told them.. but without God's power supply it would of been useless.. amen

We like the apostles, need to spend our own forty days, sat at the feet of Jesus. Many of the apostles, would of been excited as Jesus told them what was going to happen, but they were told to wait.

How often, are we told to wait about a project, because if we don't and the Lord's anointing is not on it, then it will not succeed.

Let us be ones who listen and learn at the feet of Jesus
Amen

God Bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please pray for and share with the ministry of Pastor Paul and his team

http://divinedeliveranceministries.org/

My website

Please use this page as an evangelism tool

Special Song

Please sing along as you meditate on Jesus. Let him be the centre of everything.. amen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG-l1kK-BpU
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 14 May 2011, 9:42 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps

This is the first in a series on the Book of Acts. Please print them out and keep them in a special file, because by the end, which could be up to 7 years, you will have a unique commentary on this wonderful book
Every summer, we will be spending in the Book of Acts.. 4 chapters at a time. So I hope you will be blessed
The verse below sums up the story of the Book.. the Christians turned the world upside down.. or more to the point by doing that they turned it the right way up.. amen.

SPIRIT OF TRUTH
Acts 17
6 But when they failed to find them, they dragged Jason and some of the brethren before the city authorities, crying, These men who have turned the world upside down have come here also
You will meet Peter and John, standing up before the council, you will meet Stephen, the man whose face shone before the council of the Jews, you will meet the Apostle Paul and most importantly you will, like Paul, meet Jesus working through the Spirit of truth that He promised would come.
All Jesus promised about when the Holy Spirit would come, came to pass in the Book of Acts, therefore we can have full confidence in that if God says it, then it will surely happen.
Peter said that the apostles were eye witnesses of His majesty, they weren't just talking about Jesus being on earth, they were also talking about seeing the power of God revealed daily in those wonderful days following the day of Pentecost.
Each day was an adventure, they must of been amazed at what God was doing, and let's not be amazed, what GOD did then, He will surely do now, if we are only willing to be open to His leading.
These were indeed people, who turned the world upside down, if we follow the example they set then surely the world will say that of us.
The messages will start shortly
Thanks to my Dear brother and Pastor Mark Johnstone, for his bible studies and sermons, which have been an inspiration to me. You can see this awesome man of God and my pastor by clicking.

http://www.heyshamf reemethodist. org.uk/
Thanks also to my dear friend Susan, who edits and proof reads everything I write.
Thanks are also due to my two dear Friends Pastor Jacob in India and Pastor Alex in Kenya.
God Bless you
Keith

Featured Website
Please view the website about the Spiritual needs of Spain
http://www.prayforspain.com/home/

My Website
Please view the new website, there are 12 pages for you to enjoy
http://www.ourchurch.com/member/k/keith/
Special Song
Please be blessed by this wonderful worship song.. please sing along
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNjH8QDpBFY
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 04 Jan 2011, 4:56 pm

Welcome to Simply Scripture

We approach another new year my friends. I wonder if you are looking forward or dreading it?

If you love Jesus as your Saviour, a new year changes nothing. God is still the same.. amen. He can be trusted in 2011 just as He was in 2010 amen

The question really is. Can God trust us?

Could HE make the same boast of us, that He made of Job?

Job is so often looked at as an example of suffering. But God, had total confidence in Job. He knew his heart.

This book speaks of the complete faithfulness of God, despite what God went through, God still held him. As you look forward to the new year, have confidence, because whatever the future holds, you are in the hands of the Lord God Almighty and HE has never dropped anything

Have a blessed and Happy New Year my friends

Please pass this message on and take time to click the links at the bottom of this message

God bless you

Your friend and Partner in the Gospel

Keith

Reading: Job Chapters 1 and 2

God Is Faithful

As we enter a brand new year, we have many expectations of what is going to happen. We have anticipation of how God is going to work through us and within us.
As Christians we have to remember that everything that will happen to us, God is in control of. He is the One who already knows the future, He sees what lies ahead, and He will give you the grace to handle anything that will come up.
Let us look at the life of Job,and on one particular aspect of his life. People seem to concentrate on Job's suffering, and it is indeed true that Job did suffer loss and did go through pain, but this is only because God allowed it, and indeed did not let the devil to test him, more than he was able. Look at what the Apostle Paul said to the church at Corinth:

1Co 10:13 No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.

That is a wonderful promise, for the believer and one indeed that I don't take seriously enough, as I have fallen flat on my face just lately, because I have tried to do things my way, instead of relying on God to provide a way of escape.

So why did Job get into this situation ? Well it was basically because God was boasting about Him. Yes that's right, God was actually boasting about Job.

Job 1:8 GOD said to Satan, "Have you noticed my friend Job? There's no one quite like him--honest and true to his word, totally devoted to God and hating evil."

Job 2:3 Then GOD said to Satan, "Have you noticed my friend Job? There's no one quite like him, is there--honest and true to his word, totally devoted to God and hating evil? He still has a firm grip on his integrity! You tried to trick me into destroying him, but it didn't work."

So why was God boasting about Job?. What made him so proud of Him? In the early verses of Job , we find the answer.

Job 1:1 Job was a man who lived in Uz. He was honest inside and out, a man of his word, who was totally devoted to God and hated evil with a passion.

Job 1:2 He had seven sons and three daughters.
Job 1:3 He was also very wealthy--seven thousand head of sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred teams of oxen, five hundred donkeys, and a huge staff of servants--the most influential man in all the East! Job 1:4 His sons used to take turns hosting parties in their homes, always inviting their three sisters to join them in their merrymaking.

Job 1:5 When the parties were over, Job would get up early in the morning and sacrifice a burnt offering for each of his children, thinking, "Maybe one of them sinned by defying God inwardly." Job made a habit of this sacrificial atonement, just in case they'd sinned.

Honesty, truth and kindness were key attitudes in his life, also although he was wealthy, his heart belonged to God, he did not put his riches before God.

Another key attribute was his care for his family, he was an intercessor for his children, he covered them with prayer and care. He looked on evil with a real hatred, with the same hatred that God has for it. He could not even stand to see his children fall into sin, he made a habit of the sacrifice for his children.

The question that I wish to ask you is the same one that God asked the Devil. Can God speak with the same confidence about you?. If God allowed what happened to Job, to happen to you. What would you do? Would you curse the Lord to his face or would you make him proud by response?

Everyday the devil is accusing the brethren of doing wrong things, he comes and tries to bring us down. Would the LORD, have the same confidence in us, like he had in Job?
This is a key question, one that we must answer. May our Lord have true confidence in us this year and always, we can have true and constant confidence in HIM.

CAN HE HAVE THE SAME CONFIDENCE IN US?

My friends

All I have is God's word and the promises contained in it, they have stood countless servants in good stead over many years and I see no reason to stop trusting in these true and precious promises

What God has laid on my spirit is that the time is very short. The song below says it all.. it is time church to arise to be witnesses to the glory of God. More than ever, God wants a people that are pure and separate.. the words come apart from them are even more relevant to the church today, as they ever were.

How desperate are you for God my friend?

God is desperate for the pure love of his children.. after all He gave everything for us.. shouldn't we give our all to HIM.. without reservation.....do I hear an amen here?

Jim Elliott once said

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose

I wish to finish with some things for you to do this year. These are things that you can do.. make a covenant promise to do one or more of these things.. no one needs to know about it.. Just you and God.

Attend and be committed to your home church. Make sure you are at the prayer meeting and bible study

Encourage your pastor, tell him/her, how much they mean to you and how their ministry has blessed you. Do this on a regular basis

Support a missionary or missionary society in prayer and giving

Pray on a regular basis for the persecuted church.. more Info from Open Doors or Voice of the Martyrs

Join me to pray for revival at 7pm every Wednesday in your time zone.. see link at bottom

Study the scriptures and spend time quality time in prayer with the Father.

Tell God you love him every day

These are just suggestions, you can probably think of many more. They are for your consideration.

God bless you

Keith

Special Song

By Now you are starting to realise, that I am a massive fan of Casting Crowns.Here is a song, I would like to make our anthem . Please listen to the words.. please sing along and raise your hands in worship

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UBrwCPcoR0

Featured Website

This website is an awesome resource. Please make use of it

http://www.wayofthemaster.com/

My website

As you know I am a passionate Brit, who loves his country. Please view this page to pray for the British Isles and to join our wave of prayer on Wednesday evening

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_15_Britain-Ablaze
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 21 Oct 2010, 2:10 pm

It is an honour to share about this passage of scripture. This is my favourite passage of all in the bible.. here I have barely scratched the surface and I would invite you to go deeper not only with reading this passage but with God.

I hope you will be blessed and encouraged.

Before you start reading.. grab your bible and make yourself something to drink and go on then.. get a cake.. make mine a doughnut.. covered with maple syrup.

Please share these messages with all your friends and contacts and click on the featured page link at the bottom

Thanks

God bless you

Your friend

Keith

Philippians 3 (Amplified Bible)

7 But whatever former things I had that might have been gains to me, I have come to consider as [[a]one combined] loss for Christ's sake.

8 Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One),

9 And that I may [actually] be found and known as in Him, not having any [self-achieved] righteousness that can be called my own, based on my obedience to the Law's demands (ritualistic uprightness and supposed right standing with God thus acquired), but possessing that [genuine righteousness] which comes through faith in Christ (the Anointed One), the [truly] right standing with God, which comes from God by [saving] faith.

10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[b]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]

11 That if possible I may attain to the [[c]spiritual and moral] resurrection [that lifts me] out from among the dead [even while in the body].

12 Not that I have now attained [this ideal], or have already been made perfect, but I press on to lay hold of (grasp) and make my own, that for which Christ Jesus (the Messiah) has laid hold of me and made me His own.
13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,

14 I press on toward the goal to win the [supreme and heavenly] prize to which God in Christ Jesus is calling us upward.

15 So let those [of us] who are spiritually mature and full-grown have this mind and hold these convictions; and if in any respect you have a different attitude of mind, God will make that clear to you also.

16 Only let us hold true to what we have already attained and walk and order our lives by that.

I approach this passage knowing that whatever is written here by me, will only scratch the surface of this amazing passage.. indeed this is the situation with every word of the Scriptures, you can only scratch the surface a little bit.. AMEN
Knowing this, I just offer these few thoughts to encourage and strengthen you in your walk with God.

As I looked into this wonderful passage, the Lord laid 5 words on my heart

The first of these is:

INTENT

Paul sets out his stall so to speak, you are left in no doubt, what he is about and what he is going to do. He is unequivocal in what he is going to do, he is not caught between opinions.

Let's look at what he is going to do

He is going to give up those things that are of no use to Him. He regards these things as total rubbish. Let me ask you what do you do with things that are rubbish? You throw them out to be disposed of.. they are of no further use to you? Have you thrown out the things believer, that you have no further use for..., such as your old habits and attitudes which are hindering your walk with Christ? vs 7-8
He Gives up his own righteousness, if anyone was a pure Jew it was Paul. He was soaked in the law, he knew it back to front and lived life in observance of the law.

Look at the first few verses of this chapter as Paul outlined his heritage. Paul was prepared to give it all up, whatever was in his past life, he gave up

Verse 9. Being a christian is a relationship.. NOT A religion. Get rid believer of all the old rules and regulations that stop you from knowing God in all his fullness

He intended to forget everything what had happened in the past, he knew that to look back to what had happened was no good. Yes we can reflect and learn from our past, but here Paul is saying, that he will not dwell on his past. vs 13
He intends to press on to obtain what God has called Him to.. note Paul says God is calling us upward verse 14. Yes God is calling us to heaven one day, but also God is calling us to a closer and deeper walk with Him

What are you intending to do believer?. Are your intentions clear?
Are you prepared to give up things that are hindering your walk with your Lord?
Are you prepared to give up that sin or habit that hinders God blessing you?
Are you intending to know Christ in a deeper and fuller way... if so why not?
God wants you to make your intentions clear.. it is time to make your choice

INTENSITY

As you read this passage and also the writings of Paul, as he was inspired by the HOLY SPIRIT, you cannot fail to be touched by His complete intensity. His passion for Christ is just so incredible. Look at some of things he says in this passage:

Verse 8 stands out:

8 Yes, furthermore, I count everything as loss compared to the possession of the priceless privilege (the overwhelming preciousness, the surpassing worth, and supreme advantage) of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord and of progressively becoming more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him [of perceiving and recognizing and understanding Him more fully and clearly]. For His sake I have lost everything and consider it all to be mere rubbish (refuse, dregs), in order that I may win (gain) Christ (the Anointed One)

Paul says that knowing Jesus is overwhelming precious, that it surpasses all worth and is of supreme advantage. What a total intensity Paul describes, Jesus is above worth to Him.

Is Jesus above worth to you?
Is knowing HIM the greatest privilege in your life?

If he isn't then you need to ask if your faith is real?

INTIMACY

10 [For my determined purpose is] that I may know Him [that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly], and that I may in that same way come to know the power outflowing from His resurrection [[b]which it exerts over believers], and that I may so share His sufferings as to be continually transformed [in spirit into His likeness even] to His death, [in the hope]

Complete and total intimacy with Christ is the total desire of Paul and he will let nothing get in his way.

Note that this is a progressive thing, this is not a once for all experience. You grow into a relationship with Christ. In verse 10, Paul wants to know Christ Jesus and the wonders of His person more and more strongly and this means sacrifice on his part.

Do you know Jesus in a deeper and fuller way than you did, one year ago?. Not do you know more of the bible or church procedure? Do you know Jesus more deeply and know His touch upon your life?

IDENTIFICATION

VERSE 10 (King James)

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;

The Resurrection of Jesus was the most dynamic event of History, the awesome power of God was shown to the world. Paul wants to know the same power in his life that exploded within the tomb on that resurrection morning. He wants to know the full power of God that was unleashed.. do you want to know the same power unleashed within your life?

He also wanted to know the fellowship of his sufferings, Paul wanted to be Identified with the sufferings and death of the Lord Jesus. It must be the heart cry of every believer, to not only Know Christ, but to go through what Jesus went through. How can we do this?

We have to literally die to self and sin through putting God on the throne of our life and crucifying sin and their selfish lusts daily.

Galatians 2 (Amplified Bible)

20 I have been crucified with Christ [in Him I have shared His crucifixion]; it is no longer I who live, but Christ (the Messiah) lives in me; and the life I now live in the body I live by faith in (by adherence to and reliance on and complete trust in) the Son of God, Who loved me and gave Himself up for me.

Galatians 5 (Amplified Bible)

16But I say, walk and live [habitually] in the [Holy] Spirit [responsive to and controlled and guided by the Spirit]; then you will certainly not gratify the cravings and desires of the flesh (of human nature without God).

By Dying to self and sin, we are literally putting our own life on our personal cross, we are dealing with the flesh in a way that will truly destroy it, but this is a daily and ongoing process.

INSPIRATION

Well surely this life that Paul describes is for super saints, like Paul?

But in these last few verses, Paul although having stated his intentions, gives us real inspiration.

He says in these verses that he hasn't reached this target. Now if Paul hadn't reached this level, then I don't think we have.. AMEN.

This gives me real hope, Paul the man who was a giant in faith, is still striving to reach this goal. This to me is a complete inspiration, it motivates me and I like Paul, want to PRESS ON

In verse 15, Paul says that those of the church, who have a different approach, will be corrected by God himself.

In closing my brothers and sisters, the higher we climb in our christian walk, the less of self and sin there must be.

Are you prepared to live at high altitude and to Know Christ above everything else, like Paul was?
OH TO KNOW CHRIST IN THIS WAY.. ARE THESE VERSES THE DEEPEST CRY OF YOUR HEART?

What a passage this is..AMEN

GOD BLESS YOU

Keith

Featured website

Please take time to visit this wonderful site, that encourages us to Pray

http://www.24-7prayer.com/

Featured Website Link

Please take time to view this wonderful page, with beautiful prayers

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_20_Prayer-Power
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 18 Oct 2010, 1:18 pm

It's that time again!!!!. So grab your bible and a cup of tea/coffee/coke and let's study the precious word of God.
Please take time to visit the links, at the bottom of this message. They will truly be a blessing to you

God bless you
Keith

Cain And Abel
Genesis 4:1-16

Today's society is full of anger, we get angry at the slightest thing, but as it says in
Ecclesiastes "There is nothing new under the sun."
In Genesis 3, we see how sin came into the world, and now we see the spread of sin, in a dramatic way. Let us look at the story of Cain and Abel in Chapter 4.
This message has been on my heart for a long time and as I looked at the story anew. God revealed some new things to me, and I am just passing on these things to you, my brothers and sisters.
We always focus on the murder committed by Cain, but there were several underlying things, that led to the murder. These included their attitudes to giving and jealously.
They both had different professions, one tilled the ground, and one was a shepherd. In both cases God gave them increase, but it was their attitude to their increase that set one apart from another, one knew that it has come from God and was glad to give it freely back to the provider, and the other had the attitude, that it was he, who had earned the fruits of his labor. We labor and sow in church, but it is God who gives the increase. Remember all our blessings come from God.
One of the main problems with Cain was that of jealously, He must of looked enviously at his brother, who did not have to do the back breaking work of tilling ground day after day. Is this the same with us?
Some of us in the church are called to do menial jobs, such as set up and clear up after meetings, you will never preach, but you can make the venue look great. Do you look enviously at the shepherd? The one who stands up at the front and shares from the Word of God.
Let me share something with you all. For years I helped put chairs away and washed up after meetings (which I still do), and now God has graciously allowed me to share his word, through writing. Believe me, I thought "when Lord," but God will train you up and then give you more responsibility, but it is in these training periods that you must prove yourself. Moses spent forty years being in the backside of the desert before he was called of God. That must of been a hard time.. a time of learning and a time where he got to know God in a deeper and fuller way. Even the apostle Paul, had his period of training after his conversion.. if God has treated these awesome servants of God like this.. Do you think HE will treat you differently?
Abel brought of the first fruits of His herd, he brought the best, Cain waited till all his produce was in and then gave and then he gave sparingly and grudgingly. When we Give to God, how do we give to God.? It says that God loves a cheerful giver. Do we give with a glad heart?. They say that the wallet is the last part of the Christian to be saved, is this the case with you?.
Let's look at a modern day example, you are going to church on Sunday morning, do you grab the change off the table to put into the collection plate, like Cain did or do you, like Abel, purpose that you will give the first fruits of your increase to God? God has promised to pour out a blessing that you will not be able to contain if you do the Latter. Malachi 3:8-11
Jealously and wrong choices, led to his fury against Abel, but it was not Abel who Cain was angry against, it was God. God is very plain spoken, he doesn't pull any punches with Cain. Indeed he asks the same type of question that he asked Cain's father Adam. Today he asks the same question, "Where is thy brother?" .
In the New Testament, Jesus took it further, If you were angry with your brother without a cause, like Cain was, then we are in big trouble.. strong words Christian
Matthew 5:22 (King James Version)
22But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
This is one of the most important questions we have to confront church, if we can't love the brethren, how can we love the world?
Abel had an excellence about Him, he took time to do things, he gave the choice cuts to God. How much more should we offer the best of our lives to God? Romans 12:1-2. We need to surrender our whole lives to God and not just the bits we want to ..amen. We sing I surrender all.. but do we know what that really means?
Sin was truly at the door of Cain's life and his failure to confront it, led not only to his downfall, but to the death of his own brother. If we do not confront our anger, jealously, greed etc, it will not only let the devil defeat us, but it will lead to damage to other believers and even cause churches to be split with strife and division.
This is why sin has to be dealt with as soon as it is evident, deal with the root of the problem, the blood of Jesus cleanses you from all sin. If you don't then that sin/habit will end up mastering you. The only place where sin can be defeated is at the foot of the cross. Colossians 2:11-15 and 1 John 1:6-2:2. Go to it on a regular basis.
No sin can be hidden from the Lord, he wants us to confront our sin/failures, confess them in repentance and consecrate ourselves fully to Him. God wants us to run to him, not away from him.
I hope these thoughts are of encouragement to you.
God Bless you
Keith

Featured Website

Please click on the following link. Europe is now the dark continent, when it comes to the gospel. Please pray and support this ministry, if the Lord leads

http://www.ecmi.org/default.aspx

Featured website link

Please check out the Guest page, which includes some of the best articles on the web. This page is changed every week, so please come back often

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 15 Oct 2010, 8:17 am

What a joy it is to share with you again..get your bible and make yourself comfortable with a cup of Tea/coffee/soft drink and go on then, a cake.. I'll have a doughnut if your asking!!!!

Please take time to view the featured page links, situated at the bottom of this message. Please also share these messages with all your friends and groups. Let's get the word out into the world

God Bless you

Keith

John ch 17

These words of Jesus in ch 17 in the Gospel of John are dedicated to the issue that often divides the church and that is the unity of the Church, and are directed at us. Those who Jesus says will believe through the message the apostles will give Vs 20.

Jesus leaves these words to the final things, he says before he goes to the cross. I think he is really trying to stress how important, this subject is... amen
The Closeness of God the Father and Jesus the Son, is so primary and paramount, they are linked by love and their relationship is so closely intertwined and here Jesus prays that we as his church may have that unique closeness. Can I ask you why don't we?.

When this is what Jesus wants for his church. He wants us to be together, completely unified in spirit with no splits over minor points of doctrine. You know in heaven.. there will be no special area for Baptists and another for Methodists.. ..just imagine having to spend the whole of eternity with a load of people from another denomination! !!!
Someone very wise said,"the world is waiting to see believers sold out for God". This world, is not interested in our petty arguments, it is interested and sits up and takes notice when Christians stand up and are counted true to their faith.
We have all we need to be unified, we have the very glory of God living in us, indeed Jesus was on earth to do the will of his Father, and to glorify Him, not to lift up himself, Likewise we as believers are here to glorify God and his son Jesus and not to serve ourselves or to seek our own glory.
Jesus is pouring out his heart passionately in this passage,this church is what Jesus wants.,UNITY AND LOVE BETWEEN US
Please notice verse 23, It is only when we are living in unity and have got our love walk down to a fine art, that we can reach the world, only then can we share love with unbelievers, because if you and I, can't share it or show to those of the brotherhood of faith, how can we share with this dying world, the love we claim to have, it says many times in 1 John that if we don't love our brothers, we don't have the love of God in us. 1 John 4:7-21
Where does Jesus want us? Many believers have asked this. Well he doesn't want us in the doldrums, look at the following verses. He truly wants us with Him. He wants you as a believer to experience life in all its abundance, especially spiritually. C/f Revelation 3:20 John 10:10
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
To finish this prayer for us, Jesus promises to continue to make his love known, to us who believe he is a never ending revelation, new things and new aspects of Him are revealed every day to us, he lifts the curtain very slowly on his glory, bit by bit, he reveals more of Himself to us.
How blessed it is for the brethren to be joined in unity. Let's make that our aim.

Psalm 133 (Amplified Bible)
A Song of Ascents. Of David.

1[a]BEHOLD, HOW good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2It is like the precious ointment poured on the head, that ran down on the beard, even the beard of Aaron [the first high priest], that came down upon the collar and skirts of his garments [consecrating the whole body].
3It is like the dew of [lofty] Mount Hermon and the dew that comes on the hills of Zion; for there the Lord has commanded the blessing, even life forevermore [upon the high and the lowly].
Look at these verses, unity in the church, is a strong fragrance. You can tell a church that is living in unity and love as soon as you walk into it, and the world can smell it too. What fragrance is your church giving off?. A beautiful fragrance of unity and love or a sickly fragrance of disunity and strife.
In the Early church, God poured out his Holy Spirit on it, but how many times do you read that the disciples and indeed the whole church had all things in common, they were living in unity with each other.

It says that on the day of Pentecost, the disciples preached to Jews from all over the world, now there must of been room for splits, but there wasn't, because the church was so focused and so Spirit led.
Church.. God will not move in revival power, unless and until, we live in unity, and that means loving each other from the heart and not having a prideful attitude of 'our church is better than yours'. It is time church to live for God and love our fellow believers like never before.

It is time church, to wake up and smell the coffee, to get out of our little church bunkers and show a world, that is completely fragmented, that the only way is Jesus, and to do that we must show love one to another.. deep love from the heart
God is angry at his church, he is not happy to see HIS church, living in disobedience to what HIS Desire is.. for it to be unified.
How much longer must God wait till HIS church wakes up and takes notice
God bless you

Keith

Featured website

Please click on the link below. The work of the Slavic Gospel Association in the Balkan Area, needs your prayers and support. Please join with them as they seek to reach this vital area

http://www.sga. org.uk/

Featured Website Link

Please check out the home page of the Site. There is some amazing music right at the bottom of the page, so please check it out

http://www.ourchurc h.com/member/ f/faithhopelove
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 09 Oct 2010, 12:39 pm

What a joy it is to share with you again. Please make yourself something to drink and get yourself a cake if you must!!!!!.

Grab your bible and let's study this wonderful psalm.. TOGETHER

Please take time to view the featured links at the bottom of this message, and also pass on these messages to all your friends and contacts
God bless you

Keith
Psalm 1

1[a]BLESSED (HAPPY, fortunate, prosperous, and enviable) is the man who walks and lives not in the counsel of the ungodly [following their advice, their plans and purposes], nor stands [submissive and inactive] in the path where sinners walk, nor sits down [to relax and rest] where the scornful [and the mockers] gather.
2But his delight and desire are in the law of the Lord, and on His law (the precepts, the instructions, the teachings of God) he habitually meditates (ponders and studies) by day and by night.
3And he shall be like a tree firmly planted [and tended] by the streams of water, ready to bring forth its fruit in its season; its leaf also shall not fade or wither; and everything he does shall prosper [and come to maturity].
4Not so the wicked [those disobedient and living without God are not so]. But they are like the chaff [worthless, dead, without substance] which the wind drives away.

5Therefore the wicked [those disobedient and living without God] shall not stand [justified] in the judgment, nor [b]sinners in the congregation of the righteous [those who are upright and in right standing with God].
6For the Lord knows and is fully acquainted with the way of the righteous, but the way of the ungodly [those living outside God's will] shall perish (end in ruin and come to nought).

Dear Friends

The First Psalm is such a wonderful one and I just wish to share some things about it.

Here is the way temptation can strike, it starts off slowly, but as we see in these verses it can spiral out of control and then we fall into Sin.

Walking- C/f Proverbs 1:15
Note here that it is not the actual walking, that is wrong, it is who we walk with and what we listen to. We need to be very careful with what we fill our minds with and who we have as our friends. We are to be in the world, but not of it John 17:7-17. We must feed our minds with the right type of food to keep it healthy Philippians 4:7-8
Standing

Once we start to stop and ponder sin, it will take control. How often Do We (I), look longingly at some temptation, we must realize that the result of giving in to it, leads to death, in a spiritual sense Romans 6:23. We become submissive and inactive it says in the Psalm, we stand and look earnestly after this or that pleasure. Be careful christian, what you see and what you watch.
Sitting

Please note the lessening of activity here, when we are walking we are actually doing something, but then we become dormant.
There are thousands of christians, who have started off well, but are now back in the clutches of the world, because like Demas, they have loved this present world. 2 Timothy 4:10. You have been warned Believer.

In verses 2-3, we are given the answer. And that answer is to fill ourselves with God's word. Not just to read it, but to meditate on it, and to do this on a continuous and regular basis, remember that these writers did not have the NT to read, they had just the law of the Lord, but it was so refreshing to them.

That means they were refreshed by reading the books of the Law, like Chronicles and even Leviticus .. Do you find the word of God lifeless or life giving?
In Verse 3, the man who does this is compared to a tree. Can I ask you a question?.

Have you ever tried to move an oak tree, that is many years old? It is unmovable, the roots of that tree go down deep. Indeed we are like trees and we are fed by the Living waters of God, which is in Christ Jesus and his word.

This is why we are told to be steadfast unmovable always abounding in the work of the Lord 1 Corinthians 15:58 . How rooted and grounded are you in the word of God? Are you still taking it in milk form 1 Peter 2:2 or in meat form Hebrews 5:11-14 and 1 Corinthians 3:1-3

In the New Testament, Paul says that we must feed on THE WORD, in verses such as Colossians 3:16, and also we must never fear temptation as Jesus has overcome the world and the devil Hebrews 2:14-18 & 1 Corinthians 10:13

Jesus has defeated the devil through his word. Matthew 4:1-12 and made a mockery of all his power Colossians 2:11-15, he has given us the same authority, let's use it and go forward to victory

Verses 4-6 show what happens to those , who choose to disobey God. The Apostle Paul says in Romans 6:23:

23For the wages which sin pays is death, but the [bountiful] free gift of God is eternal life through (in union with) Jesus Christ our Lord.

God knows the way of the righteous and he sees everything that happens to them.

Verse 6 for the believer, is wonderful. Your Father sees everything that has been said about you, any actions that people take against you, have been seen by your heavenly Father and he takes note of all these actions and He will reward or punish the people responsible.

You may look believer at people who are doing well, because they are exploiting others and doing evil things.

Nothing is unseen believer... no one does anything in secret.. all things will be exposed on judgement day. The Lord looks on these people and considers them chaff.. that the wind blows away.

God bless you
Keith

Featured website

Please pray and support this missionary society, as they seek to reach out to South America

http://www.lam.org/

Featured website Link

Please view the Page .. Complete in Christ. This page shows you how much you are loved by God

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_8_Complete-in-Christ

Favourite Song

Please listen to this amazing song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxffzHEU1gY&feature=fvw
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Oct 2010, 1:39 pm

Welcome to Spirit Steps

As we are at the end of chapter 4, we will be taking a break from this for a couple of months. I usually write on a chapter at a time, so please be patient and we will be back with the book of acts shortly

Please take time to view the links at the bottom of these messages and please don't forget to pass on these messages to all your friends and groups

Let's get the WORD out into the world

Thanks and God bless you

Keith

Acts chapter 4

32Now the company of believers was of one heart and soul, and not one of them claimed that anything which he possessed was [exclusively] his own, but everything they had was in common and for the use of all.

33And with great strength and ability and power the apostles delivered their testimony to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace (loving-kindness and favor and goodwill) rested richly upon them all.
34Nor was there a destitute or needy person among them, for as many as were owners of lands or houses proceeded to sell them, and one by one they brought (gave back) the amount received from the sales
35And laid it at the feet of the apostles (special messengers). Then distribution was made according as anyone had need.
36Now Joseph, a Levite and native of Cyprus who was surnamed Barnabas by the apostles, which interpreted means Son of Encouragement,
37Sold a field which belonged to him and brought the sum of money and laid it at the feet of the apostles.
Dear Friends
Solomon said 'there is nothing new under the sun'. The communists try and tell us that their so called philosophy is new. Well here it is, being practised in the New Testament church.. nearly 2000 years before.
When you read verse 32, there seems to be a real freedom in the church. Nothing was off limits. What the believers had they shared for the benefit of all. We do tend to have the attitude that My things are mine and no one else's. This is not the way it was in the early church and it is how it should be in the present day.
The believers saw their possessions as a gift from God, they saw them as given to them by God. We need to look on the things that God has given us as gifts from himself and not earned by us. Maybe then and only then, will we let them be used for their rightful purpose and that is to glorify the Lord and to bless others. Have you a possession that can be used to benefit other believers and is presently living in a drawer gathering dust?
Maybe it is a bible. that you could send to a needy believer in Africa or Asia?. It is reckoned that the average believer in the developed world has 4-6 bibles and literally hundreds of Christian books. Maybe you should either read them or use them to benefit other believers
In verse 34 , no one was in need. People in the church, saw the need and sold houses and fields. It seems to me, that those, who had money, had no problem giving it up, to help their fellows brethren. Oh for that to happen in today's church.
We are given a practical example of this by Barnabas. Now I love Barnabas, because the Lord has graciously given me, the gift of encouragement. I just want to say one thing about this gift. It is so wonderful to be given it by the Lord. To help and to encourage people in their faith is unique privilege
May we all though seek to bless each other, whether in financial terms or by just saying a word in season
God bless you
Keith

Featured website

Please read the website of Silk Road Ministries. this ministry deserves your prayer support and giving if the Lord leads
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/cynon1/srm/index.html

Featured Website Link

Please read the Page on the Site called Poets Corner. There are some amazing poems on there to uplift and encourage you

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/index.php?p=1_21_Poets-Corner
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next