World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 24 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 8:06 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 7:42 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 7:07 pm by Admin

» AISH
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 6:50 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 3:19 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 5:18 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:49 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:17 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 3:45 pm by Admin

» Short Video US campus not what you think.
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:48 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:34 pm by Admin

» Tjurkey suspend dealing with Israel
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:01 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Days of Heaven on Earth

Page 27 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next

Go down

Days of Heaven on Earth - Page 27 Empty Re: Days of Heaven on Earth

Post  Admin Wed 11 Jan 2012, 8:00 pm

Inspirational Readings by A.B. Simpson
Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The graceful dress of the Hindu woman is fastened upon her person by means of a single knot. The long strip of cloth is wound around her so that it falls in soft folds like a ready-made garment. The end, however, is fastened by a little knot, and the whole thing hangs by that single fastening.

So it is in the spiritual life; our habits of grace can be compared to garments. It is also true that the garment of love, which is the beautiful adorning of the child of God, is entirely fastened by little nots.

If you will read First Corinthians chapter 13 with care, you will find that most of the qualities of love are purely negative. Love . . . envieth not, love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil. Here are "nots" enough to hold on our spiritual wardrobe. Here also are reasons enough to explain the failure of so many, and the reason why they walk naked, or with torn garments, allowing others to see their shame. Let us look after the nots.

Scripture
Charity . . . doth not behave itself unseemly—1 Corinthians 13:5
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 10 Jan 2012, 4:16 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, January 09, 2012

There are two attitudes in which our will should be given to God.

First, we should have the surrendered will. This is where we must all begin, by yielding up to God our natural will and having Him possess it.

But next, He wants us to have the victorious will. As soon as He receives our will in honest surrender, He wants to put His will into it and make it stronger than ever for Him. It is hence-forth no longer our will, but His will. And having yielded to His choice and placed itself under His direction, He wants to put into it all the strength and intensity of His own great will and make us positive, forceful, victorious and unmovable-even as Himself.

Not my will, but thine, be done (Luke 22:42). That is the first step. Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me (John 17:24). That is the second attitude. Both are divine; both are right; both are necessary to our right living and successful working for God.

Scripture
Not as I will but as thou wilt (Matt. 26:39). To will and to do of his good pleasure—Philippians 2:13
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 09 Jan 2012, 9:23 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, January 08, 2012

A little child with a tale of woe on his heart flies to his mother's arms for comfort-intending to tell her the whole story of his trouble. But as soon as that mother takes the child in her arms and expresses her love, the child becomes so occupied with her and the sweetness of her affection that he forgets to tell his story, and in a little while even the memory of the trouble is forgotten. It has just been loved away and the mother has taken its place in the heart of her child.

In this same manner, God comforts us. It is I, be not afraid is His reassuring word. The circumstances are not altered, but He Himself comes in their place and satisfies our every need, and we forget all things in His gracious presence as He becomes our all in all.

I am breathing out my sorrow

On Thy kind and loving breast;

Breathing in Thy joy and comfort,

Breathing in Thy peace and rest.

I am breathing out my longings

In Thy listening, loving ear;

I am breathing in Thy answer,

Stilling every doubt and fear.

Scripture
It is I, be not afraid—Mark 6:50
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 08 Jan 2012, 5:30 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, January 07, 2012

This is a most precious promise. The revised translation is both accurate and suggestive. It is not merely from falling that He wants to keep us, but from even the slightest stumbling.

We are told that Abraham staggered not at the promise (Romans 4:20). God wants us to walk so steadily that there will not even be a quiver in the line of His regiments as they face the foe. It is the little stumblings of life that most discourage and hinder us, and most of these stumblings are over trivialities. Satan would much rather knock us down with a feather than with a gun. It is much more to his honor and delight to defeat a child of God by some insignificant matter than by some great temptation.

Beloved, let us be on guard against the banana peels that trip us on our pathway, the little foxes that destroy the vines and the dead flies that spoil a whole vessel of precious ointment. "Trifles make perfection," and as we get farther on in our Christian life, God will hold us much more closely to obedience in things that seem insignificant.

Scripture
Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling—Jude 24
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 07 Jan 2012, 5:40 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, January 06, 2012

"Lovest thou me?" the Master asks of each disciple. He expects our first and highest love for Himself, personally, and He has a right to it. More than all our service, more than all our work to build up a cause, He desires our personal devotion to Him. Mary's gift was precious because it was personal. Ye have the poor with you always; but me ye have not always (Mark 14:7), was His tender suggestion of a danger which defeats His purpose-our being more occupied with the work of Christ than with Christ Himself.

We need the love of Christ in order to fit us for His work. Nothing else will give it its true aim and center; nothing else will sustain us amid its pressures.

When Jesus was about to send Simon to take care of His flock, He did not ask Him, "Lovest thou my sheep and my lambs?" He asked, "Lovest thou me?" Mere love for people will not enable us to be true to them; but love for Christ will give us a reflected love for others that will enable us to touch them for Him and to bless them as our direct touch never could.

Scripture
By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments— 1 John 5:2
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 06 Jan 2012, 4:31 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, January 05, 2012

God wants people whom He can depend upon. He could say of Abraham, I know, him, . . . that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken of him. God can be depended upon. He wants us to be just as decided, just as reliable and just as stable. This is what faith means. God is looking for men on whom He can put the weight of all His love and power and faithful promises. When God finds such a soul there is nothing He will not do for him. God's engines are strong enough to pull any weight we attach to them. Unfortunately, the cable which we fasten to the engine is often too weak to hold the weight of our prayer; therefore, God is drilling us, disciplining us and training us that we may achieve stability and certainty in the life of faith. Let us learn our lessons and let us stand fast.

God has His best things for the few

Who dare to stand the test;

God has His second choice for those

Who will not have His best.

Give me, 0 Lord, Thy highest choice,

Let others take the rest.

Their good things have no charm for me,

For I have got Thy best.

Scripture
I know him . . . that [he] will keep the way of the Lord-Genesis 18:19
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 05 Jan 2012, 8:56 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Three things are notable about this blessed man:

1. His company. He walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

2. His reading and thinking. His delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

3. His fruitfulness. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

The river is the Holy Spirit; the planting, the deep abiding life in which, not occasionally but habitually, we absorb Him. The fruit is not once in a while, but continual and appropriate to each changing season.

His life is also prosperous and his spirit fresh, like the unfading leaf. Such a life must be happy. Indeed, happiness is a matter of spiritual conditions. Put a sunbeam in a cellar and it must be bright. Put a nightingale in the darkest midnight, and it must sing.

Scripture
Blessed is the man—Psalm 1:1
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 04 Jan 2012, 4:45 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, January 03, 2012

We need to watch our prayers as well as watch for the answers to our prayers
It requires as much wisdom to pray rightly as it does faith to receive the
answers to our prayers.

A Christian confided that he had been in years of darkness because God had
failed to answer certain of his prayers. As a result, he had been in a state
bordering on infidelity.

A very few moments were sufficient to convince this friend that his prayers
had been entirely unauthorized and that God had never promised to answer
such prayers. They were for things which, in the exercise of ordinary wisdom
he should have accomplished himself. The result was deliverance from the
cloud of unbelief which was almost wrecking his Christian life.

There are some things about which we do not need to pray as much as to take
the light which God has already given. Many people are asking God to give
them peculiar signs, tokens and supernatural intimations of His will. Our
business is to use the light He has given, and then He will give whatever
more we need.

Scripture
Watch and pray—Matthew 26:41

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, January 02, 2012

The highest spiritual condition is one where life is spontaneous and flows without effort, like the deep floods of Ezekiel's river, where the struggles of the swimmer ceased, and he was borne by the current's resistless force.

So God leads us into spiritual conditions and habits which become the spontaneous impulses of our being, and we live and move in the fullness of the divine life.

These spiritual habits are not the outcome of some transitory impulse, but often are acquired and established slowly. They begin, like every true habit, in a definite act of will, and they are confirmed by the repetition of that act until it becomes a habit. The first stages always involve effort and choice. We have to take a stand and hold it steadily, and after we have done so a certain time, it becomes second nature and carries us by its own force.

The Holy Spirit is willing to form such habits in every direction of our Christian lives. If we will obey Him in the first steps of faith, we will soon become established in the attitude of obedience, and duty will be delight.

Scripture
I will . . . cause you to walk in my statutes—Ezekiel 36.27
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 02 Jan 2012, 10:18 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, January 02, 2012

The highest spiritual condition is one where life is spontaneous and flows without effort, like the deep floods of Ezekiel's river, where the struggles of the swimmer ceased, and he was borne by the current's resistless force.

So God leads us into spiritual conditions and habits which become the spontaneous impulses of our being, and we live and move in the fullness of the divine life.

These spiritual habits are not the outcome of some transitory impulse, but often are acquired and established slowly. They begin, like every true habit, in a definite act of will, and they are confirmed by the repetition of that act until it becomes a habit. The first stages always involve effort and choice. We have to take a stand and hold it steadily, and after we have done so a certain time, it becomes second nature and carries us by its own force.

The Holy Spirit is willing to form such habits in every direction of our Christian lives. If we will obey Him in the first steps of faith, we will soon become established in the attitude of obedience, and duty will be delight.

Scripture
I will . . . cause you to walk in my statutes—Ezekiel 36.27
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 02 Jan 2012, 9:09 am

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday January 01, 2011

Two little words are found in the Greek version here-ton kairon. They are translated in the revised version, "Buying up for yourselves the opportunity. " The two words ton kairon mean, literally, the opportunity.

They do not refer to time in general, but to a special point in time, a juncture, a crisis. They refer to a moment full of possibilities quickly passing by, which we must seize and make the best of before it has passed away.

It is intimated that there are not many such moments of opportunity, because the days are evil. These moments are like flowers which appear here and there in the barren desert: pluck them while you can. Or they are like a business opportunity which comes once in a lifetime; buy it up while you have the chance. Be spiritually alert; be not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is (v. 16). Walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise (v. 15), buying up for yourselves the opportunity.

Sometimes it is a moment of time to be saved; sometimes a soul to be led to Christ; sometimes it is an occasion for love; sometimes for patience; sometimes for victory over temptation and sin. Let us redeem it.

Scripture
Redeeming the time—Ephesians 5:16

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, December 31, 2011

God wants us here on earth for some higher purpose than mere existence. That purpose is to represent Him to the world, to be the messengers of His gospel and His will to men and women, and by our lives to exhibit to them the true life and teach them how to live it.

He is representing us in heaven, and our one business is to represent Him on earth. We are just as truly sent into this world to represent Him as if we had gone to China as the ambassador of the United States government.

Although we may be engaged in the secular affairs of life, it is simply that we may represent Christ here, carry on His business and use our means to further His cause. He came here from another realm with a special message, and when His work was done He was called to go home to His Father.

Lord, help me to represent Thee worthily.

. . . And carry music in our heart

Through busy street and wrangling mart;

Plying our daily task with busier feet,

Because our souls a heavenly strain repeat.

Scripture
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil—John 17:15
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 31 Dec 2011, 3:10 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, December 31, 2011

God wants us here on earth for some higher purpose than mere existence. That purpose is to represent Him to the world, to be the messengers of His gospel and His will to men and women, and by our lives to exhibit to them the true life and teach them how to live it.

He is representing us in heaven, and our one business is to represent Him on earth. We are just as truly sent into this world to represent Him as if we had gone to China as the ambassador of the United States government.

Although we may be engaged in the secular affairs of life, it is simply that we may represent Christ here, carry on His business and use our means to further His cause. He came here from another realm with a special message, and when His work was done He was called to go home to His Father.

Lord, help me to represent Thee worthily.

. . . And carry music in our heart

Through busy street and wrangling mart;

Plying our daily task with busier feet,

Because our souls a heavenly strain repeat.

Scripture
I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil—John 17:15
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Dec 2011, 10:59 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, December 30, 2011

0ur God is looking today for pattern persons. When He gets a true sample, it is very easy to reproduce him or her in other lives without limitation.

All the experiences of life come to us as tests, and as we meet them our loving Father is watching with intense and jealous love to see us overcome. If we fail He is deeply disappointed, and our adversary is filled with joy. We are being watched continually by angels and principalities, and every step we take is critical and decisive for something in our eternal future.

When Abraham went out that morning to Mount Moriah, it was an hour of solemn probation; when he came back he was one of God's tested men, with the stamp of His eternal approval. God could say, I know him, that he will . . . do justice and judgment that the Lord may bring upon Abraham that which he hath spoken (Genesis 18:19).

God is looking for such men and women today. Lord, help me to be such a one.

Scripture
That our God would . . . fulfill all the good pleasure of his goodness, and the work of faith with power—2 Thessalonians 1:11

Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, December 29, 2011

It is probable that God lets every human being who crosses our path do so in order that we may have the opportunity of leaving some blessing and dropping into his heart and life some influence that will draw him nearer to God. It would be good, indeed, if ultimately we could say concerning every person whom we have ever touched in the path of life, I am pure from the blood of all men (Acts 20:26).

Is it really so? What about the person who sat beside us on the train? The laborer who works for us or with us? Above all, the members of our households and families? Have we done our best to lead them to Christ?

The early Christians regarded every situation as an opportunity to witness for Christ. Even when brought before kings and governors, it never occurred to them that they were to try to get free. Rather, the Master's message to them was It shall turn to you for a testimony (Luke 21:13). It was simply an occasion to preach to kings and rulers whom otherwise they could not reach.

Scripture
I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God—Acts 20:27
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Dec 2011, 5:27 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, December 28, 2011

We can only know and prove the fullness of the Spirit as we step out into the larger purposes and plans of Christ for the world.

Perhaps the chief reason why the Holy Spirit has been so limited in His work in the hearts of Christians is the shameful neglect of the unsaved and unevangelized world by the great majority of the professed followers of Christ. There are millions of professing Christians and, perhaps, real Christians-in the world who have never given one real, earnest thought to the evangelization of the heathen world.

God will not give the Holy Spirit in His fullness for the selfish enjoyment of any Christian. His power is a great trust that we must use for the benefit of others and for the evangelization of the lost and sinful world. Not until the people of God begin to understand His real purpose for the salvation of men will the Church ever know the fullness of her Pentecost. God's promised power must lie along the line of duty. As we obey the command we shall receive His promise in His fullness.

Lord, help me to understand Thy plan.

Scripture
The Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him—Acts 5:32

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, December 27, 2011

First, we see the dove going forth from the ark and finding no rest upon the wild and drifting waste of sin and judgment. This can represent the Old Testament period, when the Holy Spirit visited this sinful world but, finding no resting place, went back to the bosom of God.

Next, we see the dove going forth and returning with the olive leaf in her mouth, the symbol and the pledge of peace and reconciliation, the sign that judgment was passed and peace was returning. Surely this may beautifully represent the next stage of the Holy Spirit's manifestation, as in the ministry and death of Jesus Christ, he proclaimed reconciliation to a sinful world.

There is a third stage, when, at length the dove went forth from the ark and returned no more but made the world its home and built its nest among the habitations of men. This is the third and present stage of the Holy Spirit's work. Let us invite the Dove to make His home in our hearts.

Scripture

He . . . sent forth the dove; which returned not again unto him—Genesis 8:12
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 Dec 2011, 8:55 am

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, December 26, 2011

Though this beautiful verse has been unhappily translated in our King James version: The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy, it ought to be, The spirit that dwelleth in us loveth us to jealousy. It is a figure of a love that suffers because of its intense regard for the object loved.

The Holy Spirit is so anxious to accomplish in us and for us the highest will of God and to receive from us the truest love for Christ, our Divine Husband, that He becomes jealous when in any way we disappoint Him or give Him only our partial devotion. Therefore, God says in the preceding passage: Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God?

Shall we grieve so kind a Friend? Shall we disappoint so loving a Husband? Shall we not meet the blessed Holy Spirit with the love He brings us and give in return our undivided and unbounded affection?

Was there ever a Bridegroom who loved so deeply and sought so earnestly to gain our hearts?

Scripture
The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy—James 4:5

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Christmas spirit should be a spirit of humility. Beside that beautiful object lesson of the manger, the cradle and the lowly little baby, what Christian heart can ever wish to be proud?

It is a spirit of joy. It is right that these should be glad tidings for the angel announced, Behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.

It is a spirit of love. It should be the joy that comes from giving joy to others. The central fact of Christmas is the Christ who loved us and came to live among us and die for us. He or she has no right to share its joys who is living for himself or herself alone.

Love is always sacrificial, and so the Christmas spirit will call us to a glad and full surrender, first to God and then to the joyful sacrifice of what we call our own for His glory and the good of others.

The Christmas spirit is a spirit of worship. It finds the Magi at His feet with their gold and frankincense and myrrh. Let it find us there, too.

The Christmas spirit is the spirit of missions. Its glad tidings are for all people.

Scripture
I bring you glad tidings—Luke 2:10
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 26 Dec 2011, 8:33 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Lord's promise to Jeremiah was given for hard places. A promise of safety and life in the midst of tremendous pressure-a life for a prey.

We may well apply it to our own times, which are growing harder as we near the end of the age and the coming tribulation.

What is the meaning of a life for a prey? It means a life snatched from the jaws of the destroyer, as David snatched the lamb from the lion. It does not mean a place of security or of removal from the noise of battle and the presence of our foes. Rather, it means a table in the midst of our enemies, a shelter from the storm, a fortress amid the foe. it is a life preserved in the face of continual pressure. it is Paul's healing when pressed out of measure so that he despaired even of life. It is Paul's divine help when, though the thorn remained, the power of Christ rested upon him and the grace of Christ was sufficient.

Lord give me my life for a prey, and in the hardest places help me today to be victorious.

Scripture
Behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the Lord: but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest—Jeremiah 45:5
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 25 Dec 2011, 10:57 am

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Lord's promise to Jeremiah was given for hard places. A promise of safety and life in the midst of tremendous pressure-a life for a prey.

We may well apply it to our own times, which are growing harder as we near the end of the age and the coming tribulation.

What is the meaning of a life for a prey? It means a life snatched from the jaws of the destroyer, as David snatched the lamb from the lion. It does not mean a place of security or of removal from the noise of battle and the presence of our foes. Rather, it means a table in the midst of our enemies, a shelter from the storm, a fortress amid the foe. it is a life preserved in the face of continual pressure. it is Paul's healing when pressed out of measure so that he despaired even of life. It is Paul's divine help when, though the thorn remained, the power of Christ rested upon him and the grace of Christ was sufficient.

Lord give me my life for a prey, and in the hardest places help me today to be victorious.

Scripture
Behold, I will bring evil upon all flesh, saith the Lord: but thy life will I give unto thee for a prey in all places whither thou goest—Jeremiah 45:5

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, December 23, 2011

Physical force is stored in the inner parts of the earth, in the coal mines and the oil deposits. So spiritual force is stored in the depths of our being, through the very pressures we cannot understand. Some day we will find that the deliverances we have won from these trials were preparing us to become true "Great Hearts" in life's Pilgrim's Progress, enabling us to lead our fellow pilgrims triumphantly through trial to the City of the King.

But let us never forget that the means of helping other people must be through victorious suffering. Whining and murmuring never do anybody any good. Paul did not carry a cemetery with him but a chorus choir of victorious praise. The harder the trial, the more he trusted and rejoiced, shouting from the very altar of sacrifice, Yea, and if I be offered upon the sacrifice and service of your faith, I joy, and rejoice with you all (Philippians 2:17).

Lord, help me this day to draw strength from all that comes to me.

Scripture
Out of the spoils won in battles did they dedicate to maintain the house of the Lord—1 Chronicles 26:27
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 23 Dec 2011, 10:16 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, December 22, 2011

It is a simple law of nature that air always comes in to fill a vacuum. We can produce a draft at any time by heating the air until it ascends, then the cold air rushes in to take its place. Even so we can always be filled with the Holy Spirit by providing a vacuum. This breath is dependent upon exhausting the previous breath before we inhale a fresh one. We must empty our hearts of the last breath of the Holy Spirit that we have received, for it becomes exhausted the moment we have received it, and we need a new supply to prevent spiritual asphyxia.

We must learn the secret of breathing out as well as of breathing in. If the first part is done correctly, the breathing in will continue. One of the best ways to make room for the Holy Spirit is to recognize the needs that come into the life as vacuums for Him to fill. We shall find plenty of needs all around us to be filled, and as we pour out our lives in holy service, He will pour His in-in full measure.

Jesus, empty me and fill me

With Thy fullness to the brim.

Scripture
My tongue also shall talk of thy righteousness all the day long—Psalm 71:24

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, December 21, 2011

It is impossible to live a lifetime all at once, or even in a year, but it is delightfully easy to live it a day at a time. Day by day the manna fell; so day by day we may live upon the heavenly bread and live out our lives for God. Let us, breath by breath, moment by moment, step by step, abide in Him. As we take care of the days, He will take care of the years.

God has given us two precious promises for the days. As thy days, so shall thy strength be (Deuteronomy 33:25) is His ancient covenant, and the literal translation of our Master's parting words to His disciples is Lo, I am with you all the days, even unto the end of the age (Matthew 28:20).

Observe the little water spider. Enclosed in a bubble of air it goes down beneath the surface of the pool and there builds its nest, rears its young and lives its little life in that bright sphere beneath the slimy pool. So let us in this dark world shut ourselves in with Christ in the small circle of each returning day and abide in Him, breathing the air of heaven and living in His love.

Scripture
Give us day by day our daily bread—Luke 11:3
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Dec 2011, 2:52 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, December 20, 2011

In this verse is a very beautiful and practical conception of missionary work. There is a great difference between being consecrated to our work and being consecrated to our God. We may be consecrated and fitted to do missionary work and utterly fail, if God should be calling us to do something different. When we are consecrated to God, we shall be ready for anything He may require of us. We shall be as well qualified to serve Him by the sickbed of a brother, or even in the secular duties of home, as in standing in the pulpit or leading a person to Christ.

Paul conceived his call as holy work, a special sacrifice made directly unto Christ and Christ alone. He stood as one should stand at the altar of incense, lifting up with holy hands the Gentile nations unto God. He laid all his work like fragrant incense before the throne, pleased only with what would please his Master. He dared let his work stand Jesus' inspection knowing it would have the seal of His approval in the day of judgment.

This is the spirit of true service.

Scripture
That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God—Romans 15:16
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Dec 2011, 8:03 am

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, December 20, 2011

In this verse is a very beautiful and practical conception of missionary work. There is a great difference between being consecrated to our work and being consecrated to our God. We may be consecrated and fitted to do missionary work and utterly fail, if God should be calling us to do something different. When we are consecrated to God, we shall be ready for anything He may require of us. We shall be as well qualified to serve Him by the sickbed of a brother, or even in the secular duties of home, as in standing in the pulpit or leading a person to Christ.

Paul conceived his call as holy work, a special sacrifice made directly unto Christ and Christ alone. He stood as one should stand at the altar of incense, lifting up with holy hands the Gentile nations unto God. He laid all his work like fragrant incense before the throne, pleased only with what would please his Master. He dared let his work stand Jesus' inspection knowing it would have the seal of His approval in the day of judgment.

This is the spirit of true service.

Scripture
That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God—Romans 15:16

Days of Heaven on Earth
Monday, December 19, 2011

0ne of the marks of highest worth is deep lowliness. The shallow nature, conscious of its weakness and insufficiency, is always trying to advertise itself and make sure of its being appreciated. The strong nature, conscious of its strength, is willing to wait and let its work be made manifest in due time. indeed, the truest natures are so free from all self-consciousness and self-conside ration that their object is not to be appreciated, understood or recompensed but to accomplish their true mission and fulfill the real work of life.

One of the most suggestive expressions used respecting the Lord Jesus is given by the evangelist John in chapter 13 of his Gospel where we read, Jesus, knowing . . . that he was come from God, and went to God; He rise the from supper . . . and began to wash the disciples' feet (vv. 3-5). It was because He knew His high dignity and His high destiny that He could stoop to the lowest place. That place could not degrade Him.

God, give to us the divine insignia of heavenly rank: a bowed head and a meek and lowly spirit.

Scripture
God . . . giveth grace unto the humble—James 4:6
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Dec 2011, 12:06 am

Days of Heaven on Earth
Sunday, December 18, 2011

Faith is hindered most of all by what we call "our faith"-fruitless struggles to workout a faith which is but make-believe- a desperate trying to trust God that inevitably comes short of His vast and glorious promises.

The only faith that is equal to the stupendous promises of God and the measureless needs of our lives is the faith of the Son of God Himself. This is the very trust that Jesus will breathe into the person who intelligently accepts Him as his or her power to believe as well as to love, obey or perform any other exercise of the new life.

Blessed be the name of Jesus! He has bound us to Himself with a cord that fully reaches our poor helpless hearts, a cord that is as divine as that which binds the divine promise in the heavens. Have the faith of God (marginal ref. Mark 11:22) is His great command. I live by the faith of the Son of God is the victorious testimony of one who had proved it true.

Lord, teach me to have the faith of the Son of God.

Scripture
The faith of the Son of God-Galatians 2:20
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Dec 2011, 9:57 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Saturday, December 17, 2011

What is the way to lay your burden down? Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light (Matthew 11:29-30). That is the way to take His burden.

We will find that Jesus' burden is always light. Our burdens are very heavy ones. It is a blessed relief if we have exchanged our burdens and laid down our loads at His blessed feet to take up His instead. God wants to rest His workers, and He is too kind to put His burden on hearts that are already bowed down with their own weight of cares.

Are you fearing, fretting or repining?

You can never know God's perfect peace.

On His bosom all your weight reclining,

All your anxious doubts and cares must cease.

Would you know the peace that God has given?

Would you find the very joy of heaven?

Be careful for nothing,

Be prayerful for everything,

Be thankful for anything,

And the peace of God that passeth understanding

Shall keep your mind and heart.

Scripture
Be careful for nothing—Philippians 4:6
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Dec 2011, 6:46 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Friday, December 16, 2011

A friend once said to me, "I must reap what I sowed, for God has said: Whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap."

"Then why don't you apply this in the spiritual world, I argued, "and compel the sinner to pay the penalty of his sins?"

Christ has borne this penalty, and the same Christ has borne the natural penalties, too, and delivered us out of condemnation in every sense. Physical sufferings come to us, not under the law of retribution but only as a divine disciple. Every penalty has been fulfilled by Christ and every law satisfied, and to the extent that we have risen with Him into the plane of spiritual and eternal life, we are lifted above the mere realm of law. We enter into the full effects of Jesus' complete satisfaction of every claim against us. So it is true that even the ruin that sin has brought upon our physical and temporal life is removed by His great atonement, and the promise is made real to us, I will restore to you the years that the Iocust hath eaten.

Scripture
I will restore to you the years that the locust hath eaten, the cankerworm, and the caterpillar, and the palmerworm, my great army which I sent among you-Joel 2:25
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Dec 2011, 5:34 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Thursday, December 15, 2011

A11 difficulties and dangers must give way before the omnipotence of faith. By faith the walls of Jericho fell after they had been encompassed seven days, and still the mightiest citadels of the adversary must give way before the steadfast and victorious march of faith.

By faith Daniel shut the mouths of lions and was delivered, we are expressly told, because he believed in his God. It was not his uprightness of life or courageous fidelity that saved him, but his confidence in Jehovah. Such faith has held back the stroke of death and threatened disaster from many of God's children in the daily experiences of their providential lives. There is no difficulty too small for its exercise, and there is no crisis too terrible for its triumph.

Shall we go forth with this shield and buckler and prove all the possibilities of faith? Then indeed shall we possess a charmed life even through the very hosts of hell and know that we are immortal until our work is done.

Scripture
When my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I—Psalm 61:2
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Dec 2011, 6:02 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Difficulties and obstacles are God's challenges to faith. When hindrances confront us in the path of duty we are to recognize them as vessels that faith can fill with the fullness and all-sufficiency of Jesus. As we go forward, simply and fully trusting Him, we may be tested, and we may have to wait and let patience have her perfect work. But at last we shall surely find the stone rolled away and the Lord waiting to render unto us double for our time of testing and to fulfill the promise, Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, . . . and it shall be to the Lord for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.

Oft there comes a wondrous message

When my hopes are growing dim;

I can hear it through the darkness,

Like some sweet and far-off hymn:

Nothing is too hard for Jesus,

No man can work like Him.

Scripture
Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree—Isaiah 55:13
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Dec 2011, 5:38 pm

Days of Heaven on Earth
Tuesday, December 13, 2011

So familiar are the vine and the branches, it is not necessary to explain that the branches and the vine are one. The vine does not say, "I am the central trunk and you are the little branches." Rather it acknowledges, "I am the whole thing, and you are the whole thing."

Jesus counts us partakers of His nature. Without me ye can do nothing. The husband and the wife and many other illustrations contribute to our understanding of this marvelous teaching. It has no parallel, no precedent in any other teaching: that Christ is the life of His people, and we are absolutely linked with and dependent upon Him. All other systems teach how much man is and may become. Christianity shows how a man must lose all he is if he would come into full unity with Christ in His life.

Lord, help me this day to abide in Thee.

Oh! what a wonderful place

Jesus has given to me!

Saved by His glorious grace,

I may be even as He.

Scripture
He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit; for without me ye can do nothing—John 15:5
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 41 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 34 ... 41  Next