World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 3 Bots

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Haggadah Passover
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyToday at 10:36 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyToday at 10:03 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyToday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyToday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyToday at 5:00 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Thanksgiving Online Service Message EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Thanksgiving Online Service Message

Go down

Thanksgiving Online Service Message Empty Thanksgiving Online Service Message

Post  Admin Wed 24 Nov 2010, 11:24 pm

Thanksgiving Online Service Message ThksgivinFGLC-1
The Message:
ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE
The Story of Squanto
Old Testament Reading
Deuteronomy 8:1-9
New Testament Reading
1 Cor 11: 23-34
Todays message speaks on being thankful.
We should cultivate an attitude of gratitude.
It is difficult to praise God when we have a morose grumpie complaining spirit, as disciples of Jesus and children of God if we have this in our lives we need to get it out of our mouths and our minds.
The Word of God speaks of God inhabiting the praises of His people.
The Apostle Paul exhorts us in 1 Thess 5:18 in everything give thanks; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Thankfulness and gratitude is a sign of hope, having a praise spirit brings joy into our lives.
We read in Ps 149:1 - Shout praises to the LORD! Sing him a new song of praise when his loyal people meet.
When the Lord rescued his chosen people from Egypt, they celebrated with songs.
(Psalm105 44-45 The Lord gave them the land and everything else the nations had worked for.
45 He did this so that his people would obey all of his laws. Shout praises to the LORD!
Deu 8:1 All the commandments which I command thee this day shall ye
observe to do…
It is repeated over and over again, to impress it on their minds,
and to show the importance and necessity of it, how greatly it was expected from them, and how much it was incumbent on them: that ye may live and multiply, and go in and possess the land which the
Lord sware unto your fathers; for their temporal life, and the mercies and comforts of it, the multiplication of their offspring, and of their substance, their entrance into the land of Canaan, possession of it, and continuance in it, all depended on their obedience to the commands of God;
There is recorded an event in the book of Job,
when “the morning stars sang together, and all the sons of God shouted for joy,” (Job 38:7). That harmony was muted by sin
But now a new song arising, the song of the ages begins to sing within our hearts again.
“They sing as it were a new song before the throne”.
It is thrilling to note that the word ‘song’ is the Greek word for ‘an ODE’.
An ode isn’t the same as a hymn, which is a song written and sung over and over, but an ode is a spontaneous outflow of melody and praise that finds its expression in song by the Spirit’s inner prompting.
Men can learn hymns, they are written out in notes and words ......
BUT there is a SONG only the sanctified can sing in the release of the spirit of God in our lives.
In our New Testament scripture we read Jesus thanked God
" I thank thee that thou heardest me always "...
All of the miracles done by Jesus, it may be supposed, were done through answer to his prayers.
Jesus himself, as a Person of the Godhead, was all-powerful;
but all of his earthly deeds were accomplished under the limitations of our earth life.
As the great example to men, even if Jesus might have done signs without calling on the Father, it was highly appropriate for him to have done all things with constant regard of the Father's will.
As Jesus brought Lazarus back from the dead we are reminded that we have new life in Jesus who is our example.
Are we able to have this testimony, with a constant relationship with God that we can say
"I thank thee that though hear me always?"
Many families will have been sitting down to the thanksgiving dinner
with Turkey, squash and other trimmings
and I wonder if in all this festivity,
how much of the time will be spend meditating on the goodness of God and thanking Him,
or will there be a hurried prayer then down to the business of festivity.
The Pilgrims whilst giving honour to their friend Squanto,
was not forgetful in giving thanks to our Creator God from whom all blessings flow.
Those early Christian settlers must have been very thankful just to be alive.
George Washington, proclaimd November 26, 1789 date as a day of "public thanksgiving and
prayer".
Have you got a spirit of thankfulness?,
how often do you say thank you? to ...the bus/taxi driver, the lady at the checkout in the store,
your children, spouse, friends, the list could go on and on.
Like the children of Israel who was brought out of bondage of Egypt,
we now have destiny freedom forevermore through Christ Jesus our Saviour.
Our Gratitude should be that we say, all we have is yours Lord, use me as you will.
I will worship and praise you forever Lord.
Throughout scriptures we are exhorted to praise and thankfulness
Things may not be going well for you today,
Whatever is happening the scriptures reveal to us
"He will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways" (Psalm 91:11, NIV).
God also promises: "The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him, and He delivers them" (Psalm 34:7, NIV).
Please read these scriptures in (Psalms 37:23) The steps of a good
man are ordered by the LORD: and He delighteth in his way.
God enjoys seeing you take right steps and make right progress.
(Psalms 37:24) Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down:
for the LORD upholdeth him with his hand.
We have much to thank God for and above all else
I thank the Lord not for what He has given to me, athough I am very grateful, but for ALL He has done for me and I take none of it for granted for I know it is by the grace of God that I have anything.
I thank Jesus for dying on that cross that I might live with Him throughout all eternity.
I thank the Lord for my life,
for the ability to serve Him each day
and for providing me with the Spiritual gifts He has that I may serve Him to the best of my ability.
I am thankful for the wisdom He has given me in order that I may seek His will and I thank Him for providing for me His guiding Spirit.
I am thankful for my brothers and sister here.
I am thankful for my guardian angel who watches over me.
I am thankful for our heavenly Father's love for me.
I am thankful for Jesus' love which is so great that he
was born, suffered, and died for me so that I might enter the kingdom
of heaven.

Whether you are celebrating Thanksgiving or not, may we be ever thanking God.
Let us as Christians,....... children of the Most High, take time
from our busy schedules to offer thanksgiving up to God. Let us not
wait for our traditional holiday to do that.
We need to communicate with God every day of our lives.
God is always there waiting to hear from us, every day of the year.
I'd like to wish all
A day full of God's richest blessings.
Thanksgiving Online Service Message 101015_061059_63683420

May the Lord add His blessing to the reading of his word.

----
Thanksgiving Online Service Message GivethanksErinssnowalbum
The story of Squanto
The Pilgrims arrived in the New World in 1620. Before they had chosen a suitable site for their settlement, it was late in December. On Christmas Day, the first work party went on shore. Houses were built, and streets were laid out.
The winter was an ordeal for the Pilgrims. Over 1/2 of them died before spring arrived.
The Pilgrims had seen Indians only at a distance. On March 16, however, a single Indian walked into the town. His name was Samoset, and he was able to speak English. His skill with the language was limited, and the Pilgrims had difficulty understanding him. Samoset left, but he returned the next day with an older Indian whose name was Squanto. This Indian had been in England and spoke the language with more skill than Samoset. Squanto's story was remarkable.
He was a Patuxet Indian. He had been born in a village which used to be located near the site of New Plymouth. As a young man, he encountered his first white men there. The year was approximately 1605-1610, and the men had come on a trading ship.
Squanto spent some time with them, learning their language and helping them in their dealings with other Indians. They treated him well, even giving him clothes to wear. When they were ready to leave, they invited him along--back to England. He agreed, even though his mother begged him not to go.
In England he lived with the family of Charles Robbins, one of his friends on the ship. For a while, he was part of an "Indian exhibit" on a London stage.
Squanto soon became homesick, and his friend did his best to find a way for him to return to America. Finally Robbins contacted Captain John Smith who was planning another voyage to the New World. Smith agreed to take Squanto along. The year was 1614 when Smith's expedition sailed. There were two ships: one commanded by Smith and the other in charge of Capt. Thomas Hunt. Squanto was to help Smith for a short time, and then he would return to his village.
When the ships reached America, they separated. Squanto traveled with Smith, interpreting when Indians were encountered. Finally, Smith gave him permission to travel to his home.
On his way, Squanto encountered Hunt; and he was tricked into going on board his ship. There he was imprisoned along with 20 other young Indians. All of them were taken to Spain, where they were sold as slaves.
Luckily for Squanto, he fell into the hands of a group of friars at a Catholic monastery. After they freed him, they taught him about their religion. They were so convincing that he became a Christian. Next, they obtained passage on a ship so he could leave Spain. It was returning to England; the year was probably 1616.
From this point on, Squanto's one aim was to do whatever was necessary to survive his ordeal so that he could return to his people.
He spent three years in England, working as a servant in the home of John Slanie. Still hoping to find a way home, Squanto asked Slanie to help. Even though his family was sorry to see Squanto go, Slanie located a ship captain who was making a voyage to the New World.
It was 1619 when Squanto again arrived in North America. He interpreted for the captain in his dealings with local Indians but was finally allowed to begin his journey home. He'd been gone for approximately 10-12 years.
When he went to the place where his village should have been, Squanto found no trace of his family and friends. He learned that recently a "Great Sickness" had struck his people. Every one of them had died. He had crossed the Atlantic Ocean four times, only to be terribly disappointed. He was the last of his tribe. Squanto was invited to live in a nearby Wampanoag village. The chief was named Massasoit. Squanto lived there until the Indians heard about the white men who were building a town near the place where his tribe's village used to stand. When Samoset came back from his visit to the newcomers, he asked Squanto to accompany him when he returned. The date was March 22, 1621.
The two spoke to the settlers for a while, and then Chief Massasoit came in for a meeting. The Pilgrims and Indians worked out an agreement that would allow the two groups to exist peacefully. This treaty was in effect for over 50 years. None of the Pilgrims was ever hurt by an Indian.
When the rest of the Indians left New Plymouth, Squanto decided to stay with the Pilgrims. Their food supply was rapidly being consumed. William Bradford wrote later that Squanto was a " ... special instrument sent by God for their good beyond their expectations ..."
Squanto was of great help to the Pilgrims. He helped them build warm houses, an improvement over those in which they had lived during the first winter. He taught them when to plant their corn crop: they watched the leaves on the trees--when they were the size of a squirrel's ears, corn should be planted. Then he showed them how to plant the corn. Into a hill, they were to put several seeds along with a fish for fertilizer to help the corn grow rapidly. Without his help, there would not have been 20 acres of corn produced that year. Later he taught the women how to cook the corn.
Squanto also advised the Pilgrims in their relations with the Indians. He helped them make friends, acted as interpreter, guided them on trading expeditions, and gave advice on bargaining with the natives.
Squanto remained with the Pilgrims for about 18 months. When he returned to the Wampanoag village, he tried to challenge Massasoit for leadership of the tribe. He was unsuccessful; all he managed to do was anger most of the members. After this, he was considered to be the enemy of the Wampanoag.
Squanto died from a fever in 1622. He is still remembered and honored, nearly 400 years later. If Squanto had not been there to help out, perhaps none of the Pilgrims would have survived. Without his help at New Plymouth, their story might have ended in a different way.
In saving the English families, Squanto found a new family and a new tribe to live for. One of the Pilgrims said this about Squanto:
" ... He desired honor, which he loved as his life and preferred before his peace ..."
http://www.workersforjesus.com/f25-14.htm

---
Thanksgiving Online Service Message Moab3

Old Testament Reading
Deuteronomy 8:1-9

1 All the commandments which I command thee this day shall ye observe to do, that ye may live, and multiply, and go in and possess the land which the LORD sware unto your fathers.
2 And thou shalt remember all the way which the LORD thy God led thee these forty years in the wilderness, to humble thee, and to prove thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keep his commandments, or no.
3 And he humbled thee, and suffered thee to hunger, and fed thee with manna,which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know; that he might make thee know that man doth not live by bread only, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the LORD doth man live.
4 Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee, neither did thy foot swell, these forty years.
5 Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that, as a man chasteneth his son, so the LORD thy God chasteneth thee.
6 Therefore thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, to walk in his ways, and to fear him.
7 For the LORD thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a land of brooks of water, of fountains and depths that spring out of valleys and hills;
8 A land of wheat, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranates; a land of oil olive, and honey;
9 A land wherein thou shalt eat bread without scarceness, thou shalt not lack any thing in it; a land whose stones are iron, and out of whose hills thou mayest dig brass.
---
Thanksgiving Online Service Message Apeacefulthanksgivingtag123-1
Psalms 31:1-8
1 To the Chief Musician. A Psalm of David. In You, O Lord, I put my trust; Let me never be ashamed; Deliver me in Your righteousness.
2 Bow down Your ear to me, Deliver me speedily; Be my rock of refuge, A fortress of defense to save me.
3 For You are my rock and my fortress; Therefore, for Your name's sake, Lead me and guide me.
4 Pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me, For You are my strength.
5 Into Your hand I commit my spirit; You have redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.
6 I have hated those who regard useless idols; But I trust in the Lord.
7 I will be glad and rejoice in Your mercy, For You have considered my trouble; You have known my soul in adversities,
8 And have not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; You have set my feet in a wide place.
Psalms 136:1-9
1 Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good! For His mercy endures forever.
2 Oh, give thanks to the God of gods! For His mercy endures forever.
3 Oh, give thanks to the Lord of lords! For His mercy endures forever:
4 To Him who alone does great wonders, For His mercy endures forever;
5 To Him who by wisdom made the heavens, For His mercy endures forever; 6 To Him who laid out the earth above the waters, For His mercy endures forever;
7 To Him who made great lights, For His mercy endures forever--
8 The sun to rule by day, For His mercy endures forever;
9 The moon and stars to rule by night, For His mercy endures forever.
--------
Thanksgiving Online Service Message 091103_061109_93146684
PRAYER
Father God of all mankind we come into your presence this day
giving thanks with grateful hearts for your Word to us,
your provision, guidance and helps from your holy book , our help and provision in all things..
O Lord God may we be attentitive to your word to us in rememberance at all times,
to be thankful]
Lord God open the eyes of our hearts
may all worldly things which encumber us fall into insignificance that we will bring THANKS and glory to your matchless name that we meditate on your word to us.
Amen
---
Thanksgiving Online Service Message Hands20breaking20bread20and20Jesus20sharing20Communion20
1 Cor: 11 23-34
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread: 24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. 25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me. 26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. 27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord. 28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body. 30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep. 31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged. 32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world. 33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another. 34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation. And the rest will I set in order when I come.
____
Thanksgiving Online Service Message 101015_061020_18434962
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down