World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
DAILY IMPACT EmptyToday at 10:29 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
DAILY IMPACT EmptyToday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
DAILY IMPACT EmptyToday at 9:44 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
DAILY IMPACT EmptyYesterday at 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
DAILY IMPACT EmptyYesterday at 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
DAILY IMPACT EmptyYesterday at 8:06 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
DAILY IMPACT EmptyYesterday at 7:42 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
DAILY IMPACT EmptyYesterday at 7:07 pm by Admin

» AISH
DAILY IMPACT EmptyYesterday at 6:50 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
DAILY IMPACT EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
DAILY IMPACT EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
DAILY IMPACT EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
DAILY IMPACT EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
DAILY IMPACT EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 5:18 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
DAILY IMPACT EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:49 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
DAILY IMPACT EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:17 pm by Admin

» Short Video US campus not what you think.
DAILY IMPACT EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
DAILY IMPACT EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:48 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
DAILY IMPACT EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:34 pm by Admin

» Tjurkey suspend dealing with Israel
DAILY IMPACT EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

DAILY IMPACT

Go down

DAILY IMPACT Empty DAILY IMPACT

Post  Admin Thu 06 Jan 2011, 2:41 pm

Share This Devotional:
Day 102: Are You 'Appropriately Positioned' to Listen?
Daily Impact
Find out how to overcome your fear of sharing the Gospel with others by going through the League's powerful free Evangelism Boot Camp program. You'll learn effective and productive ways to share your faith with ease and confidence!
Acts 9:5
"'Who are you, Lord?' Saul asked. 'I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting, ' he replied."
Thoughts for Today:
Saul's respectful response, "Who are you Lord?" acknowledges that he has had a supernatural experience and is "appropriately positioned" to listen -- he is on the ground (verse 9:4 "He fell to the ground..."). Many times the Lord needs to knock us to the ground -- literally or figuratively -- take our feet right out from under us to get our attention as well. Have you ever had an experience like that before? When the Lord grabs you so dramatically and decisively (not because He wants to hurt you but because He wants your full and undivided attention), how did you respond? Did you change or did you go back to your old ways?
The Lord then identifies Himself to Saul, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting. " I see a lot of my own history in this statement. In the past I have spent time in my own energy and power doing my will -- thinking it was probably the Lord's will -- without ever really checking with the Lord to see what He wanted me to do. Jesus is saying to Saul, "You think you are helping me, but when you hurt my church -- you are hurting me." It seems the only way the Lord could get Saul's attention was to knock him to the ground -- by doing so the Lord stopped him long enough to meet face to face.
My greatest prayer is that the Lord would open my ears and heart so that I would not need to be floored by some catastrophic event to become open to receiving a course correction from the Lord. As in steering a boat or a car, small and regular adjustments are much easier than huge and difficult adjustments when we have completely gone off course.
Questions to Ponder:
When you had your last encounter with God -- did you just get up and go about your business, or did you allow the Lord to speak to you in the experience? Saul asked the question, "Who are you Lord?" If you asked that question of the Lord right now, what behavior or attitude would He tell you to change?
Copyright©2010 by the Pocket Testament League.
www.pocketpower.org
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down