World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» NO MORE SEA
Revelation Chronology  EmptyToday at 10:33 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Revelation Chronology  EmptyToday at 6:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Revelation Chronology  EmptyToday at 5:09 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Revelation Chronology  EmptyToday at 5:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Revelation Chronology  EmptyToday at 4:52 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Revelation Chronology  EmptyToday at 4:42 pm by Admin

» Minister Smotrich-PM Netanyahu Show your strength
Revelation Chronology  EmptyToday at 4:29 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Revelation Chronology  EmptyToday at 4:27 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Revelation Chronology  EmptyToday at 4:20 pm by Admin

» Biden Bless/Abortions with cross sign
Revelation Chronology  EmptyToday at 2:02 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Revelation Chronology  EmptyToday at 2:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Revelation Chronology  EmptyToday at 1:51 pm by Admin

» AISH
Revelation Chronology  EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Haggadah Passover
Revelation Chronology  EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Revelation Chronology  EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
Revelation Chronology  EmptyYesterday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
Revelation Chronology  EmptyYesterday at 5:00 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Revelation Chronology  EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Revelation Chronology  EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Revelation Chronology  EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Revelation Chronology

Go down

Revelation Chronology  Empty Re: Revelation Chronology

Post  Admin Thu 26 May 2011, 9:14 pm

Revelation Introduction - Part 3
At the very beginning of the book of Revelation we read:
Revelation 1:1

"The Revelation of Jesus Christ,
(God the Son) which God (theFather of Creation) gave unto him,

This book is the Revelation of Jesus. God is revealed to us in the physical form of Jesus.
Jesus is revealed
to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass;

(Romans 6:16
"Know ye not, that to whom ye yield yourselves servants to obey, his servants ye are to whom ye obey; whether of sin unto death, or of obedience unto righteousness?")

Revelation
was written to show the church of "faithful, holy and true" believers - the body of Christ - things which will occur rapidly once they begin.

The
"things which must shortly come to pass" have begun.

God’s holy days, often called Jewish Feast Days, are a piece of the puzzle needed to see the unfolding of prophetic events. Many call them Jewish Feast days but these days are God’s holy days. These days are for everyone who has accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior. They reveal His complete plan for our salvation and redemption from beginning to end. These days are God’s timetable for fulfillment of prophetic events – God’s set aside appointed times.

These days show us God’s plan for us to answer His calls: His outward, inward, onward and upward calls. How you answer these four calls will determine where you and others spend eternity.

There are seven days declared holy by God. Seven is God’s perfect and complete number. In Revelation there are seven churches. Seven churches represent the Church - the church of the past, present and future. God’s seven holy days do the same in showing His plan for our redemption.

God’s Seven Holy Days

Passover
(Pesach) (Sacrifice of Blood)

Call to Salvation
- OUTWARD CALL

Egypt - Nisan 14, 1462 BC
Jerusalem of Israel/Judah - Nisan 14, 30 AD*

Unleavened Bread (Removal of Sin)

Firstfruits
(Celebration of the Resurrection - Giving of Tithes)

Call to Sanctification
- INWARD CALL

Pentecost (Shavuot) (Baptism of the Holy Spirit)

Call to Witness
- ONWARD CALL

God’s Law written on Stone – Moses, Birth of Israel
God’s Law written on our Heart– Jesus, Birth of Church - body of Christ

Call to Heaven - UPWARD CALL

Rosh HaShana (Judgment)
(Head of the Jewish Civil New Year

Yom Kippur (Atonement)
At one ment - Reconciliation to God

Tabernacles
(Succoth)

Dwelling with Jesus - Incarnate God

His First Coming to Earth -
His birth as Savior

His Second Coming to Earth -
His reign as King of kings and Lord of lords

The holy day known as Passover provided for us
to be able to answer

God’s outward call.
Revelation 3:20

"Behold I stand at the door and knock if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come into him, and will sup with him and he with me."

This scripture is a message of salvation to the church - the body of Christ. It is God’s outward call. It asks that you open the door to your heart and let Jesus enter. He will open the door of heaven to you when you receive Him as your Lord and Savior and develop a personal relationship with Him.
Matthew 7

"Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven."

"Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?"

"And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity."

Sin whether in our heart, mind or actions separates us from God.

More than a thousand years before Jesus died on the cross for our sins, a sacrificial lamb was killed at Passover. Jesus then became our sacrificial Passover lamb.

On the 14th day of the first month on the Hebrew calendar, the month of Nisan, the sacrificial lamb was killed around 1462 BC; the exact date is still being debated. The blood from this lamb was put on the posts of doors of the Hebrew homes to cause death to "Passover."

On the exact same date, at the exact same hour, Nisan 14 in 30 AD, Jesus died on the cross so death could "Passover" us. Jesus died on the exact same date, at the exact same hour, that lambs were killed in the temple as a sacrifice to be eaten at the Passover meal that evening.

The evening of the Passover meal was the first day of God’s Holy Days of Unleavened bread. Leaven is a symbol for sin. Before eating the Passover meal God instructed the Hebrews to go through their house and find any bread, any crumb or even dust of bread with leaven (sin) and remove it from their house. God said that if any leaven were found in the house when the Hebrews ate the Passover meal, they would be cut off from Israel – meaning they would die.

Getting sin out of our life is exactly what Jesus was saying when he instructed us to take communion in remembrance of Him and what He did for us. Before we take the bread and wine representing His beaten body and shed blood, as our Passover lamb, we are to examine ourselves. We are to look for sin and "get the sin out of our house."

The Sunday after the Sabbath - Saturday of the Passover week - is God’s holy day of First Fruits. It symbolizes the resurrection of Jesus. This Holy Day of First Fruits is when we are commanded to give 1/10th of what God gives to us back to Him. It is obedience to this commandment and getting sin out of our life that answers His inward call. The inward call is His call for our sanctification.

After we have responded to the outward and inward call of Jesus, after we have learned to love, trust and obey God, He can use us for His onward call. The onward call happened on the Holy Day of Pentecost. We learn about it in the book of Acts where we are told how the church was born.

The church was born at Pentecost. Through the Holy Spirit there was a rebirth. Living souls became angels (sons of God) - spiritual messengers of God, messengers who show forth light in darkness as powered by the Holy Spirit. (Acts 1:8) (Revelation 1:20)

Through the Holy Spirit, God wrote His laws on our hearts. Thousands of years earlier, the finger of God wrote His Laws that we call the Ten Commandments on stone tablets Moses had in his hand. This date was also the date of the birth of Israel. The giving of Ten Commandments on stone and God’s laws in our heart happened on the exact same date. Here again God was showing us His plan for our redemption.
In Acts 1:8 we read

". . . ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost parts of the earth."

The church is to go
"unto the uttermost parts of the earth" – unto the entire world and be a witness for Jesus. After we are prepared through acceptance of the outward and inward calls, God can use us when we answer His onward call to witness to others about Jesus.

We must respond to the "onward" call. We must tell others about Jesus. The
"time is at hand." It is a matter of life and death. It is a matter of spending eternity in heaven - holy new Jerusalem - or a "lake of fire."
When Jesus is ready for the body of Christ we will hear His voice again.

We read in:
John 10

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:"

"And I give unto them eternal life . . ."

Faithful, holy and true believers will hear God’s voice and respond to it. This will be to His Upward Call – His call for us to enter heaven.
What an exciting time to be alive! Israel has been reborn. Jerusalem is
"compact together" once more. Talks of plans to bring peace to the Middle East are constantly in the news. Plans to rebuild the temple are underway and the seamless garment of the High Priest has been woven. Priests are receiving training for service in the soon to be built temple.

We are definitely the generation that will see fulfillment of end day prophecy! How wonderful it will be to experience what the Apostle Paul said to the church.
1 Corinthians 15

51 "Behold I show you a mystery, We shall not all sleep, (die) but we shall all be changed,"

52 "In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound,

(the voice of God shall be heard)
(Revelation 1:10, 12 and 13)
and the dead shall be raised incorruptible and we shall be changed."

There are some that believe Jesus will call for His church on the Holy Day of Pentecost. Pentecost is a wheat harvest celebration and a trumpet is defined in Revelation 1:10 and 11 as being the voice of Jesus. So this scripture could be a reference to the voice of Jesus that we will hear when he calls us to heaven.
It could be the first time His voice is heard, at the time of the rapture,
"the dead shall be raised."
At the last trump, the last time He speaks at this event, it could be that
"we shall be changed."
John 5

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live."

"For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;"

"And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man."

"Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice,"

"And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life (the first resurrection); and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation (the second resurrection)."

(See Revelation 20:5)

Enoch prefigures the church. He was born and taken into heaven on Pentecost. The church was born on Pentecost. Also, King David was born and died on Pentecost. Israel was also born on Pentecost.

A literal last trumpet is associated with the Holy Day of Rosh HaShana. In fact trumpets are blown throughout "Teshuva" the thirty days of the Hebrew month of Elul (the sixth month on God’s Hebrew Calendar, the twelfth month of the Jewish Civil Year) and the first ten days of the next month Tishrei. These ten days of Tishrei are called the Days of Awe and include Rosh HaShana and Yom Kippur. Many believe Jesus will call His church home on the Holy Day of Rosh HaShana. The scriptures do support the beginning and end of Daniel's 70th week of prophecy to be the Holy Day of Atonement known as Yom Kippur. Rosh HaShana is Tishrei 1; Yom Kippur is Tishrei 10.

With the Tribulation period beginning on Yom Kippur it would place the middle of the Tribulation, the beginning of the Great Tribulation at the season of Passover. The scriptures tell us (as you will learn in future chapters of Revelation) that the Antichrist World Dictator will suffer a mortal wound. He will miraculously revive emulating the death and resurrection of Jesus. (Revelation 13:3 and 4) He will then declare himself to be God and cause the sacrifices in the temple to cease.
(2 Thessalonians 2:3 and 4) (Daniel 9:27, 11:36 and 37)
(Revelation 13:5, 6 and 8)

The week of Passover would be very appropriate for the time of the beginning of Great Tribulation. With Yom Kippur beginning the 7-year period, the season of Passover would begin the Great Tribulation. And, just before the 7-year period begins the body of Christ could be taken into heaven on Rosh HaShana. But, there is still strong possibility the church, like Enoch, will be changed (and resurrected) on Pentecost.

The Arab attack of Israel on Yom Kippur in 1973 could prefigure the event known as the Battle of Armageddon. The Holy Days of Tabernacles begin on Tishrei 14/15 soon after Yom Kippur on Tishrei 9/10. Scriptures support Yom Kippur as the beginning and end of the Great Tribulation. Scriptures also support that Jesus’ comes back to earth with us after the Great Tribulation ends. (Revelation 19:11-16) The scriptures also support theview that Tabernacles is the date of Jesus’ First Coming to the earth as Savior, the date of His birth.
In keeping with the pattern set by God it would be appropriate for His Second Coming to also be the date of His First Coming. The Jewish people are expecting their Messiah during the Holy Days of Tabernacles.

Another pattern set by God is that His Holy Days are experienced by Israel as "a shadow of things to come" and are then "fulfilled by Jesus for the church." Most prophecy teachers have stated that the last three of God’s seven Holy Days, the Fall Holy Days (Rosh HaShana, Yom Kippur and Tabernacles) have not yet been fulfilled for the body of Christ. This statement needs to be explored further.

The birth of Jesus on Tabernacles was the birth of the Jewish Messiah but the majority of the Jews rejected Him. The church - body of Christ - accepted Jesus after He became our atonement sacrifice that reconciled us to God. The first day of Tabernacles was the day Jesus was born to die for us. Yom Kippur was the day the Jewish High priest made a sacrifice every year to reconcile Israel to God. But, once Jesus made His sacrifice for the church - body of Christ - there was no need for a future sacrifice. We are reconciled to God by faith in Jesus - who He is, His finished work and the truth of His word.

We will not know the day or hour the church - body of Christ - will be taken into Heaven. And, we will not know the day or hour Daniel's 70th week of prophecy begins. But, we will know the season.
Paul told us about this Upward call.
1 THESSALONIANS 4
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump (voice) of God; and the dead in Christshall rise first;"

"then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air; and so shall we ever be with the Lord."

18 "Wherefore comfort one another with these words."

Those who have answered God’s outward, inward and onward calls can comfort one another with Paul’s words to the church. Others will experience what is described in

When Jesus Came
It was when Jesus came and all through the house,
Not a person was praying, not one in the house.

The Bible was lying on the shelf without care,
for no one thought Jesus would ever come there.

The children when dressing to crawl into bed,
not once ever kneeled or bowed their head.

And Mom in the rocking chair with baby on her lap,
was watching a TV Show as I took a nap.

When out of the east there arose such a clatter,
I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter.

Away to the window I flew like a flash,
tore open the shutters and lifted the sash.

When what to my wondering eyes should appear,
but an angel proclaiming that Jesus was here.

The light of His face made me cover my head,
it was Jesus returning just like He'd said.

And though I possessed worldly wisdom and wealth,
I cried when I saw Him in spite of myself.

In the Book of Life that which He held in His hand,
was written the name of every saved man.

He spoke not a word as He searched for my name,
when He said, "it is not here" I hung my head in shame.

The people, whose names had been written with love,
He gathered to take to his Father above.

With those who were ready He rose without a sound,
while all the others were left standing around.

I fell to my knees but it was too late,
I waited too long and thus sealed my fate.

I stood and I cried as they rose out that way,
Oh, if I'd only known that this was the day.

Scriptures in Luke remind us of
what is really important in this life.
We must live for eternity not exit for the present.

We read in Luke 21

34 ". . . take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting,
(excessive pleasures)

and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares."

"For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face
of the whole earth."

"Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man."

For the
"time is at hand."

If you have not answered God's outward call for your salvation please pray this prayer. Even if you have received Jesus as your Lord and Savior, pray this prayer from the heart to let God know you love Him and that you belong to Him now and always.

Prayer for Salvation

Heavenly Father, in the precious name of the Lord Jesus, I come to you now. I believe you revealed yourself to us in the form of Jesus.
I believe you, Lord Jesus, are the Son of God – God in physical form. I believe you came to earth and died on the cross for me. I believe you shed your blood for me and I believe you were buried for three days and three nights. I believe you arose from the dead and you ascended on high. I believe you are seated right now at the Father’s right hand. And, I believe you are coming back to earth again to judge the quick and the dead. I believe you are coming back as King of kings and Lord of lords.
Dear Lord Jesus, I come to you now because I am a sinner. Forgive my sin. I am sorry for my sin. Cleanse me now with your precious blood. Make me clean I pray.
I give you my heart; I surrender now. Dear Jesus come into my heart. I give you my life - the best I know how. I surrender all. Dear Jesus, take my life. Live your life in me by the power of your Holy Spirit.
Right now I proclaim you Jesus are my Lord and Savior forever. I do not belong to Satan. I belong to you God. My life belongs to Jesus forever. I am His and forever I am born again.
Amen
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 May 2011, 9:13 pm

Revelation Introduction - Part 2

To understand bible prophecy we must not only rely on help from the Holy Spirit and a deeper understanding of the words but must also view the scriptures from our Jewish roots. Then, we will accurately see the words and symbolism through Jewish eyes. God’s Holy Days, often called Jewish Feast Days, are a piece of the puzzle needed to see the unfolding of prophetic events.
Revelation (and other prophecy) has information from the past, information for the present, and information about the future. It is a "now" book of prophecy!

Significant past and present events have happened repeatedly on God’s calendar. Events of like nature have happened on God's designated Holy days, His days that are set apart for specific reasons and other biblically-related dates observed by the Jews. It is reasonable to expect that prophetic events will also occur on these future dates.
Isaiah 46

"Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,"

"Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done . . ."

Ecclesiastes 1:9

"The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be;
and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun."

God has shown us by the past what will happen in the future. His Holy Days reveal His plan for our salvation and redemption from the beginning to the end.
As mentioned previously Israel, which includes Jerusalem, is God’s timepiece. God’s Holy Days are His timetable.

Let’s look at God’s timepiece then we’ll look at His timetable. The way to see where we are in bible prophecy is to look at what is happening with Israel and Jerusalem – God’s prophetic timepiece.

In Matthew 24 we read about a time when Jesus was in Jerusalem of Israel with his disciples. They had just left the second temple and Jesus had prophesied about its destruction.

"And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming . . . ?" (Matthew 24:3)

Some mistakenly take Matthew 24 to be Jesus talking to the church that includes the body of Christ. But, His answer to this question was about His Second Coming to earth after the Great Tribulation. It actually is a message for those who will be in Israel at the beginning of the Great Tribulation because they have rejected Jesus as the Messiah. They are the ones that will be on the rooftops at Passover when the next Jewish Temple to be built is in Jerusalem. It will be desecrated by the Antichrist World Dictator who is to come. (2 Thessalonians 2:3 & 4) (Daniel 9:27, 11:36 & 37) (Revelation 13:5, 6 and 8)

Jesus’ response to this question "tell us when shall these things be" included a scripture though that is for everyone. It tells us about the "season" of the return of Jesus to earth.

Matthew 24

"Now learn a parable of the fig tree: (Israel) When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:"

33 "So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors."

"Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."
On May 14, 1948 an event transpired which shocked governments around the world. The Jews proclaimed independence for "reborn" Israel. (Isaiah 66:8) The next day Arab armies (Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon and Iraq) simultaneously invaded the tiny country and tried to destroy it at its birth. They were unsuccessful!

When historical information, other scriptures (Jeremiah 25:11; Leviticus 23:4 & 5, 26:21-28) and mathematical calculations are applied to Ezekiel 4:4-6, we find God’s prophet Ezekiel prophesied this event – the rebirth of Israel - to the exact day centuries earlier. In Ezekiel 37 he also documented other bible prophecy that has been fulfilled to the letter in the rebirth of Israel.
Ezekiel 37

"The hand of the Lord was upon me (Ezekiel), and carried me out in the spirit of the Lord, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full of bones,"

"And caused me to pass by them round about: and, behold, there were very many in the open valley; and, lo, they were very dry."

3 "And he said unto me, Son of man, (Ezekiel)

can these bones live?
and I answered, O Lord God, thou knowest."

4 "Again he said unto me, Prophesy upon these bones, and say unto them, O ye dry bones, hear the word of the Lord."

Thus saith the Lord God unto these bones; Behold, I will cause breath (the spirit of God) to enter into you, and ye shall live:"

"And I will lay sinews upon you, and will bring up flesh upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and ye shall live; and ye shall know that I am the Lord."

Ezekiel 37

"So I prophesied as he commanded me, and the breath came into them, and they lived, and stood up upon their feet,

an exceeding great army.
"

(Israel’s military capability ranks with the United States and Russia as the top three of the world.)

11 "Then he said unto me, Son of man,
these bones are the whole house of Israel: behold, they say, Our bones are dried, and our hope is lost: we are cut off for our parts."

". . . (But I, God) shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the Lord have spoken it, and performed it, saith the Lord."

"The word of the Lord came again unto me, saying,"

"Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim and for all the house of Israel his companions:"

"And join them one to another into one stick; and they shall become one in thine hand."

"And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:"

"And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all."

Ezekiel 37

"And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever."

"Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary (physical structure - temple) in the midst of them for evermore."

27 "My tabernacle (home, eternal physical body that was a temporary dwelling place at my first coming) also shall be with them:

yea, I will be their God,
and they shall be my people."

"And the heathen shall know that I the Lord do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary

(temple in Jerusalem of Israel – the house of God and my body - God in physical form)

shall be in the midst of them for evermore."

After nine chapters describing a magnificent temple in Jerusalem of Israel, the last verse in the book of Ezekiel is Ezekiel 48:35. It states
". . . the name of the city from that day shall be,

The Lord is there."

We read in Psalms 122:3
"Jerusalem is builded as a city that is compact together:"

From the rebirth of Israel on May 14, 1948 until June 7, 1967 Jerusalem was not
"compact together." Israel controlled part of Jerusalem and Jordan controlled the other part of Jerusalem. On June 7, 1967 in the six-day war (after three days) Israel reunited Jerusalem.
Israel the city of God was reunited on Iyyar 28. This date is the same date that Jesus was reunited with His Father. Jesus ascended into heaven on Iyyar 28 ten days before the body of Christ was born on Pentecost fifty days after the resurrection of Jesus. It was ten days after His ascension.

There have previously been two temples built and destroyed in Jerusalem. Both of these temples were destroyed on the exact same date, the 9th of Av – the fifth month on the Hebrew calendar, centuries apart.

Solomon’s temple (the first temple where God dwelt in the Holiest of Holy Places - the Holies of Holy) was destroyed the 9th of Av in 587 BC. The temple that was rebuilt when the Jews left captivity in Babylon of Iraq (the second temple where God never lived), was destroyed on the 9th of AV in 70 AD.
When the first temple was destroyed King Nebachanezzar took Daniel, and other Jewish people in captivity to Babylon of current day Iraq where the book of Daniel was written. The second temple (destroyed on the same date as the first temple centuries later) was built when the Jews were released from captivity in Babylon and allowed to return to Jerusalem of Israel. King Herod leveled the second temple and built the temple known as Herod's temple on the foundation of the temple built under Zerubbabel.

For prophecy about the Great Tribulation to be fulfilled a temple must be built in Jerusalem.
Daniel 9

26 ". . . the prince that shall come . . ."

27 "And he (the Antichrist World Dictator to come) shall confirm the covenant (peace treaty) with many for one week: (of years instead of days – the 7-year period of Daniel's 70th week of prophecy) and in the midst of the week (after three and one-half years) he (the Antichrist World Dictator to come) shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease
. . ."

The Antichrist World Dictator to com will enter the Jewish temple and declare that he is god.

2 Thessalonians 2

3 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first

(except the
church be caught up to heaven first - from the word apostasia that means departure)
(except there is a falling away from true faith in Jesus first - from the word apostasia that also means falling away from one's faith)
and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;"
(and except the Antichrist, the man of sin be revealed who is to become the World Dictator indwelled by Satan, the son of perdition)

"Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God." (2 Thessalonians 2:4)

Revelation 13

"And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great (astonishing) things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months." (for three and one-half years)

"And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle (dwelling place), and them that dwell in heaven."

"And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life . . ."
Daniel 11

36 ". . . he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous (astonishing) things

against the God of gods . . ."

"Neither shall he regard the God of his fathers . . . nor regard any god: for he shall magnify himself above all."

There must be a temple in Jerusalem prior to the Great Tribulation for these scriptures to be fulfilled. Being aware of what is going on around us alerts us to the fact that Jesus will be returning soon.
The means are available and plans are underway to build God’s temple in Jerusalem for the third time. Some have stated the Jewish Temple is already being built in a pre-fabricated form and can be placed quickly on the temple mount when the conditions are right. The time is so close Jewish Priests are already undergoing training to serve in the temple.
The ashes of a red heifer are needed to purify the temple. A red heifer was born with only a single white hair. The prospect of a pure red heifer is on the horizon.
Not everyone is in agreement. But, some believe archaeological studies, historical data and other information support the view that the next Jewish Temple can now be built on the temple mount in Jerusalem without disturbing the Muslim sacred places that are there now.

It has been thought for hundreds of years that a Muslim mosque would delay or prevent fulfillment of end times prophecy. For some it now seems this belief is not valid. They believe the Muslim mosque is on the temple mount in the area known as the court of the Gentiles.
Scriptures in Revelation 11 tend to support the viewpoint that the temple can be built without disturbing the Muslim mosque.
Revelation 11

1 "And there was given me a reed like unto a rod (God’s measurement): and the angel stood, saying, Rise, and measure the temple of God, and the altar, and them that worship therein."

What is measured belongs to God.

2 "But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city (Jerusalem) shall they tread under foot forty and two months." (For three and one-half years)

Now let’s look at the timetable. Just as both of God’s temples were destroyed on the exact same date centuries apart. Other significant events have happened this same way on significant dates.
Throughout Revelation Babylon is the center of attention. Literal Babylon is in the land of Iraq. When the scriptures speak of Babylon, they say Babylon is fallen, is fallen. Babylon is always stated as falling twice.
There is a literal Babylon in Iraq. The scriptures also use the word Babylon figuratively. Then in a multitude of places the scriptures define Babylon as Jerusalem. Many prophecy teachers see Babylon differently. The disciple Peter mentions Babylon in 1 Peter 5:13. A few view figurative Babylon as the United States. Many view Babylon in this scripture as literal Babylon in Iraq, others view it as a figurative word for Rome and still others see it as a figurative word for Jerusalem.
The figurative Babylon of Revelation is a reference to Jerusalem. This point will be made very clear when the scriptures define the scriptures in other chapters as Revelation is studied.

For now let’s look at literal Babylon of Iraq to see how God is revealing to us just how close His call for the body of Christ actually is. What is happening in our war with Iraq in the land of Babylon shows us "the time is at hand."
(Revelation 1:1 & 3)

Our first war with Iraq, the Gulf War, ended on a day known as Purim. Purim is when Jewish people celebrate what God did through Queen Esther. Through Esther, Haman’s plan to destroy the Jews was diverted.
Our current involvement in Iraq is from a war that began on Purim. The end of the 48-hour warning that President Bush gave Saddam Hussein ended on the date of Purim (March 19, 2003); the actual war followed.

Our Gulf War with Iraq under our first President Bush that ended on Purim was a war about Kuwait. But, Sadam Hussein was on his way to Israel. He had plans to conquer the same lands that were part of the Babylonian Empire that took the prophet Daniel and Ezekiel in captivity to Babylon. Israel saw Saddam as the present day Haman but he saw himself as the present day King Nebuchadnezzar. Sadam Hussein had plans to control Israel and Jerusalem.

God is revealing to us by what is happening in Jerusalem of Israel and Babylon of Iraq that the age of time in which we are now living is coming to a close. Most prophecy teachers believe the age we are in will definitely close very soon.

The church will be taken to heaven before Daniel's 70th week of prophecy begins.
This period of time will begin when there is confirmation of a peace treaty that will guarantee Israel peace and security. (Revelation 9:27) There is more attention being given to bringing peace to the Middle East now than ever before in our history.
The Antichrist World Dictator to come will confirm this treaty with Israel. In the midst of the week, at the beginning of the Great Tribulation, he will break the treaty when he enters Jerusalem, goes into the temple and declares that he is God.
1 Thessalonians 5:3

For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

The beginning of Daniel's 70th week of prophecy is a period of presumed peace. But in the midst of the week, when the Great Tribulation, begins sudden destruction will come. Those who remain unsaved will not escape the wrath of God or the eternity that is prepared for them in a lake of fire. (Revelation 20:11-15)

The Jewish governing body, present in the time of Jesus, after more than 1600 years has been established once more in Israel. The Sanhedrin is seeking to reestablish the throne of King David.

In His Revelation messages to the church, Jesus promised the rapture of the body of Christ. His promise is that those who are saved will be taken into heaven before Daniel's 70th week of prophecy begins. This promise is found in Revelation 3:8 & 10.

Revelation 3:8

"I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength,
and hast kept my word,
(You have obeyed my Word – (Jesus) - you have been obedient to me.)

and hast not denied my name."
Jesus says to those in the church of Philadelphia that they have not denied faith in Him.
Revelation 3:10

"Because thou hast kept the word of my patience,
He further states that because they have obeyed His word patiently waiting for His return - since He is long-sufferring and not willing that any should perish.
I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation,
He says He will keep them out of (not protected through) the season of tribulation – Daniel's 70th week of prophecy.
which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth."

His words are to keep your faith and trust in God. Obey His word as you patiently watch and wait for his return.

Hebrews 9:28

". . . unto them that look for him shall he
(Jesus – God in physical form) appear the second time . . ."

As the hymn says,
"There is no other way but to trust and obey." We must be watchful and prepared when Jesus comes for the body of Christ - the one new man.

In Revelation 3:2 Jesus says to the church:

"Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for
I have not found thy works perfect (complete – whole) before God."

This statement from Jesus is to let us know that in the lives of some members of the church, there is something missing. Their faith is not working by love to produce its outward evidence.
Galatians 5

5 ". . . we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith."

6 ". . . faith that worketh by love."

Ephesians 5

25 ". . . Christ . . . loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 "That he might sanctify

(set it apart and consecrate it to him)

and cleanse it with the washing of water
(cleanse it from sin with the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit – our hope of righteousness)
by the word,"
(by the finished work of Jesus – the Word of God that we are commanded to obey)

27 "That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy
(righteous – set apart from the world, in right standing with Him)
and without blemish."
God's gift of grace (5) is a gift to man (6). His gift to us is perfect and complete (7) - a finished work of love.
2 Corinthians 7:1

"Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness

(righteousness – right standing with God)

in the fear
(love) of God."
Ephesians 4

"And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;"

"For the perfecting of the saints . . ."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 May 2011, 9:12 pm

Revelation Introduction - Part 1
When beginning a Bible Study on Revelation, and other bible prophecy, it is helpful to know what the bible tells us about the scriptures. The Word of God tells us we are to study the bible.

In 2 Timothy 2:15 we are instructed to:

"Study (the Bible) to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."

Rightly dividing comes from a word in the original text that means to cut straight. That expression here means to be straight when expounding on the Word of Truth. In other words, we are to study the word of God to correctly understand it.
We are reminded in:
2 Timothy 3

15 ". . . thou hast known the holy scriptures,which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus."

16 "All scripture

(including Revelation and other prophecy)

is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"

17 "That the man of God may be perfect
(complete - whole - in right standing with God)
thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

We are told in 2 Peter 1

20 "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation."

21 "For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost."

We read in 1 Corinthians 2

10 ". . . God hath revealed them
(the scriptures)
unto us by his Spirit:

The Holy Spirit is the author of the Bible; holy men were God’s scribes - the seal of our living God is on the Word of God. Holy men documented what God said and showed them. The Holy Spirit will help us understand what has been written. This understanding is based on precept upon precept – understanding one portion will lead to understanding another portion.

for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God."

11 "For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God."

12 "Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God."

13 "Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual."

The Holy Bible tells us to study the scriptures. It tells us why and even provides some direction on how to go about it. In Corinthians we learn more about how to study the bible. We are to ask for spiritual discernment. Pray that the Holy Spirit will reveal the meaning to you.

We read in 1 Corinthians 2

14 ". . . the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because

they are spiritually discerned."

Revelation and other Bible prophecy that consists of more than one-fourth, almost one-third, actually 28% of the Bible is often not read by Christians. Revelation and other prophecy scriptures are difficult to read and understand. But this study is well worth the effort.

Understanding bible prophecy will increase your faith, draw you closer to God, and motivate you to witness to others. Studying Revelation will also help you discover the true meaning of other scriptures. And, this study will help you discover the prophecy found in God’s Holy Days. Israel, which includes Jerusalem, is God’s timepiece. God’s Holy Days are His timetable.
You will find scriptures in Revelation that you will not find in any other book of the bible. These scriptures help unlock the truth found in other scriptures.
Even though there are many different interpretations of this book, there is only one truth.
When you let the Holy Spirit inspired scriptures reveal the meaning of the words, the bible will reveal the truth to you. The truth is in the word of God – Jesus is the Word of God. Jesus is The Truth.

John 14:6
"Jesus saith unto him,
I am the way, the truth, and the life
. . ."

As you study prophecy, seek a deeper than usual understanding of the meaning of the words. A major key for accurate understanding of the scriptures is to have a clear and complete understanding of the words being used. To find truth, understanding of the words must come from revelation through the scriptures.
Proverbs 3:5
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto thine own understanding."

Words used in Revelation are introduced in one place then defined in other scriptures within Revelation or other parts of the Old and New Testament.

Revelation was written by the beloved disciple, Apostle John to give encouragement, hope and comfort to those who believe in the finished work of Jesus. It was also written to warn those who don’t believe in Jesus and those who believe they are saved but who do not have saving faith
John tells us in Revelation, there are two eternal destinies. You chose where you spend eternity.

You can say "yes" to Jesus, "no" to sin and live with Jesus throughout eternity in a new - regenerated - heaven and earth. With Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you will live in heaven where

". . . there will be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain . . ."
(Revelation 21:4)

You will live in a heavenly city of unimaginable riches and beauty. It is a city with riches and beauty so great that precious gemstones are used to describe it. Heaven is a brilliant reflection of color and light.

1 Corinthians 2:9 tells us:
". . . eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
neither have entered into the heart of man
the things God hath prepared
for them that love him."

In John 14:15,

Jesus said

"If ye love me, keep my commandments."

The alternative eternity is when you say "yes" to Satan and continue in sin serving the Devil who is the destroyer (Revelation 9:11), the deceiver (Revelation 12:7-10), the accuser (Revelation 12:10-12) and liar (John 8:44, 1 John 3:8). Those who chose the Devil and sin will spend eternity with Satan – the Devil - in a
"lake of fire."

"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone
(sulfur that burns with a blue flame and stifling odor),

where the beast
(Antichrist – World Dictator)

and the false prophet (Leader of the World Religious System) are,
(Revelation 19:20)

The Antichrist – World Dictator and the False Prophet will have already been in the "lake of fire" 1,000 years when the devil is cast into it.
(Revelation 20:1-3)

and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

(Revelation 20:10)

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

(Revelation 20:15)

"And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever; and they have no rest day nor night . . ."

(Revelation 14:11)

Revelation is difficult to understand because the message is conveyed through Apocalyptic Code. The code is designed to confuse anyone not familiar with the words and symbols used.

When the book was written Christians, within the ROMAN EMPIRE, were being persecuted. The Roman emperor, Domitian, would slaughter anyone who refused to worship him as Caesar - god - by saying, "Caesar is lord." Faithful Christians could not make this statement. To disobey his order was considered treason and was punishable by death. It was to these desperate people that the beloved disciple – Apostle John first wrote the book of Revelation to give them hope and encouragement. It was written so those within the ROMAN EMPIRE who were persecuting the Christians could not understand it.

A strict translation of the word apocalypse means, "disclosure of secrets belonging in the last days." Except for occasional descriptions or comments, Revelation is the only book in the New Testament that uses this writing style. It is, however, used in the Old Testament by prophets such asDaniel, Isaiah, Ezekiel, Joel and Zechariah.

In Apocalyptic writing symbolism is used to convey the message of divine revelation or disclosure. The book of Revelation contains more symbols than any other book in the Bible. To understand the meaning of the symbols, look for vehicles that carry the message and (as mentioned earlier) seek a deeper than usual understanding of the words.

The vehicles that carry the message in Apocalyptic Code are visions, hymns, prayers, numbers and words. Understanding these vehicles depends on knowledge from the entire Bible, historical data, words, customs and practices of the Jewish people.

Jesus - God in physical form - is a Jew although in His lineage the wife of Boaz was Ruth, a Gentile. Gentile Christians also have Jewish roots since they are grafted into a Jewish tree (See Romans 11).

In James 1:21 we read

". . . receive with meekness the
engrafted word

(Jesus – the Word of God - Believe the Word of Truth - the good news in the heart and receive the the indwelling presence of the Spirit of God.)

which is able to save your soul."
Those who believe The Truth (the Word) in the heart are regenerated by the Spirit of God.

The disciples, apostles and prophets were Jews. Jews wrote the entire Bible with the possible exception of Luke; some believe Luke is a Gentile and others believe Luke is a Jew. Jesus was descended from Jews and Gentiles. The entire population of the world was Gentile. The term Jew was first used as an exclusive term for the Tribe of Judah; Jesus was born as a descendent from Israel’s Tribe of Judah. The word Jew later came in use to designate members of the two tribes of Judah and Benjamin that were part of the southern kingdom of Judah as distinguished from the other ten tribes that formed the northern kingdom of Israel. Still later, the term Jew was expanded to include descendants from all twelve tribes – Israel and Judah. Today the word Jew is used to describe Jews and Gentiles who are believers in Judaism who have rejected Jesus as the Jewish Messiah.

Jews who receive Jesus as Messiah become part of the Holy Nation of God – the Israel of God - the body of Christ - one new man neither Jew nor Gentile, male nor female. Those who reject Jesus as Messiah are Jews of the Nation of Israel or Gentiles from the other nations who, if alive, will be among those who will experience what is described about the end times in Revelation. The seven years of the 7-year Tribulation include three and one-half years of Great Tribulation. The first three and one-half years are a time of lesser tribulation.
Matthew 24

"For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be."

"And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened."
Daniel 12:1

"And at that time
(Daniel) . . . there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation (of Jews and Gentiles) even to that same time: and at that time thy people

(the remnant of new Jewish believers)

shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book
(of life)."

Jeremiah 30:7

"Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's
(Israel’s) trouble, but he shall be saved out of it."

Governments other than the Nation of Israel, those who are not part of the Holy Nation of God, are called nations in the Bible. Gentiles who have not received Jesus as their Lord and Savior – who are not part of the Holy Nation of God or the Nation of Israel form the other nations.
These facts are seen in the Old and New Testaments.

They are found in Exodus 19:5 & 6, 1 Peter 2:9 & 10, Matthew 10:5 & 6,
Acts 26:16-18, 1 Corinthians 12:13, Luke 2:30-32,
Acts 15:4-7 and Mark 16:15.
Exodus 19

"Now therefore, if ye will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:"

"And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."
1 Peter 2

"But ye (Faithful, Holy and True Christians - those with saving faith - those born again by the Spirit) are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;"

"Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy."

KJV Ephesians 2

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the , and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21. In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

Matthew 10

"These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:"

6 "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
Acts 26

14 (Jesus said to the Apostle Paul)
". . . I am Jesus whom thou persecutest."

"Delivering thee

(Saul, a Jew of Tarsus in Cilicia – Apostle Paul)

from the people,
(Jews) and from the Gentiles, unto whom now I send thee,"

"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me."

Acts 15

"And when they (Paul and Barnabas) were come to Jerusalem, they were received of the church, and of the apostles and elders, And they declared all things that God had done with them."

"But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees (Jews) which believed,

. . ."

7 "And when there had been much disputing, Peter

(A Jew – Disciple – Apostle)

rose up, and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe."

Peter and the other disciples were first sent to the Jews but later were commissioned to preach the "good news" to Israel and all the nations,

"every creature."

Mark 16

"And he said unto them, (His disciples)

Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

"He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned."
Acts 15

"And God, which knoweth the hearts, (of the Gentiles) bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us;"

"And put no difference between us (Jews) and them, (Gentiles) purifying their hearts by faith."
Luke 2

"For mine eyes

(Simeon’s eyes in the temple on the day of Mary’s purification and dedication of Jesus forty days after His birth)

have seen thy
(God’s) salvation," (through Jesus)

"Which thou(God) hast prepared before the face of all people;"

Luke 2
"A light to lighten the Gentiles, and

the glory of thy people Israel."

(the people of Jesus’ parents, Mary, His mother and Joseph, His foster father, both Jews)

1 Corinthians 12:13

"For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body
(the body of Christ – a Holy Nation - the church), whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit."

Revelation contains end time prophecy. It is about what will happen to the Nation of Israel, God’s Holy Nation - the Israel of God that contains the Body of Christ - and other nations (Gentiles) - believers and unbelievers when this age comes to an end. These scriptures tell us about the 7-year Tribulation, the first 1,000 years of God's reign on earth and the eternal state after that time. It tells us about the two eternal destinies: everlasting life in the presence of God in His kingdom in Heaven and on earth or the the lake of fire.

In Ezekeil 4:6 we read ". . . I have appointed thee each day for a year." The 7-year period of the Tribulation is a week of years instead of days.
Daniel 9:24

"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy
(Daniel’s) people (the Jews of Israel) and upon thy holy city (Jerusalem),

to finish the transgression (breaking of the law), and to make an end of sins (doing unjust acts), and to make reconciliation for iniquity (wrong thinking and feeling),
and to bring in and to seal up the vision and prophecy

(to completely fulfill prophecy)

Oral and written prophecy will cease with fulfillment of end time events.

(1 Corinthians 13

"Charity never faileth: (Love will never cease.) but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail(Prophecies will cease.); whether there be tongues, they shall cease; (Tongues – different languages - will cease.) whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away." (Knowledge of this age will fade away.)
9 "For we know in part, and we prophesy in part."
10 "But when that which is perfect is come, (When Jesus comes to earth the second time)then that which is in part shall be done away.")
and
(seventy weeks shall be determined) to anoint the most Holy."
(Seventy weeks of years instead of days - 490 years are needed - to establish the temple in Jerusalem and the reign of Jesus as King of kings and Lord of lords on earth from Jerusalem of Israel.)
Revelation 19

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

"And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS."

Revelation can and must be understood today! Jesus is coming soon to judge, rule and reign as King of kings and Lord of Lords.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 May 2011, 8:59 pm

This Chronology may be of some current interest since the timing of the rapture is being discussed.

:
Definitions of synergy (n) [url=http://www.safeweb.norton.com/][/url]

syn·er·gy [ sínnərjee ]

combined effort being greater than parts: the working together of two or more people, organizations, or things, especially when the result is greater than the sum of their individual effects or capabilities
Synonyms: working together, interaction, cooperation, combined effect, collaboration, concerted effort

Outline Revelation

Revelation 1 - 3

God - John - The Church

God said to John - Write to the Church

Write what you see (Revelation 1:11)

Write about (Revelation 1:19)

The Past – History
The Present – Current Situation
The Future – Prophecy

John wrote about the past, present and future.
What he saw and what he heard
(Revelation
and 11)

John wrote Letters to the Church (Revelation 2-3)
(The Words of Jesus)

1. Ephesus

(Revelation 2:1-7)

2. Symrna

(Revelation 2:8-11)

3. Pergamos
(Revelation 2:12
-17)

4. Thyatira
(Revelation 2:18
-29)

(Revelation 3:1-6)

6. Philadelphia

(Revelation 3:7-13)

7. Laodicea

(Revelation 3:14
-22)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revelation 4

New Testament Saints in Heaven

God, the Father of Creation:
The Word Made Flesh – God Revealed through Jesus
(Revelation 4:2 and 3) (John 1:1-3 and 14)

New Testament Saints (Revelation 4:3)

Lightnings, Thunderings, and Voices
Face and Voice of God – Voices of Others
The Holy Spirit (Revelation 4:5)
(Daniel 10:6) (Revelation 1:15, 10:4, 14:2) (Job 37:2-5)

God’s Living Creation (Revelation 4:6-9)

Revelation 5

Book with Seven Seals

The Word of God – conceived, sealed and inspired by the Holy Spirit is in the right hand of God. God, the Father of Creation, is seated on His throne revealed to us through the physical form of Jesus.

Jesus Worthy to Loose Seals from the Book

Jesus is declared worthy to take the New Testament Saints - sealed and filled with the Spirit of God into heaven. Taking them from earth will loose the restraining force - the seals – from the earth and allow the increased evil of the Tribulation period to begin.

Judgment is through the Word of God - Jesus, the living Word of God: Savior and Judge and the written word of God – the book of salvation and condemnation is seen in Heaven. The spoken word of God proceeds from the mouth of Jesus. The living Word of God is our Savior and Judge; the written word of God tells us about salvation and judgment – the 2-edged sword shows the bliss of the blessed and the doom of the damned.

Revelation 6

Jesus removes the restraining force of the Spirit of God within the New Testament Saints from the earth. (2 Thessalonians 2) (Revelation 4 and 5)
Six Seals - Overview of 7-Year Tribulation Period

Noise of Thunder (Voice of God)
(Revelation 6:1)

In Heaven, John heard God tell what will happen during the Tribulation period.

1st Seal (Revelation 6:2)
Antichrist - Peace Conquest

Beginning of Great Tribulation

2nd Seal (Revelation 6:4)
War

3rd Seal (Revelation 6:5-6)
Famine

4th Seal (Revelation 6:8)
Death - War, Famine, Death, and Beasts of Earth
Unbelievers - Hell Followed

1/4 Earth (25%)

5th Seal (Revelation 6:9-11)
Slain for Word of God and the Testimony they Held;
Death - New Believers, Martyrs
Heaven Followed

End of Great Tribulation

6th Seal (Revelation 6:12-17)

Great Earthquake (Revelation 16:18)
Sun
becomes Black as Sackcloth
Moon becomes like Blood
Stars of Heaven Fall to Earth and
Heaven Departs as Scroll

(Matthew 24:29)

Every mountain and island
moves out of their places.
(Revelation 16:20)

Men hid - GREAT DAY OF HIS WRATH IS COME

(Revelation 16:1)

-----------------------------------------------------------
Revelation Outline
Pause After Sixth Seal

Revelation 7

New Believers after New Testament Saints are taken to Heaven

144,000+ Sealed

Some Survivors Seen in Jerusalem

(Revelation 14:1, 4 and 5)

Revelation 7:1-8

Children of Israel - Jacob Revelation 7:4

12,000 from 12 Tribes (144,000+)

Juda, Reuben, Gad Revelation 7:5
Nepthali, Aser, Manasses Revelation 7:6
Simeon, Levi, Issachar Revelation 7:7
Zabulon, Joseph, Benjamin Revelation 7:8

Martyrs - Tribulation Saints Heard in Heaven
(Revelation 14:2 and 3)

Revelation 7:8-17

Great Multitude: Jews and Gentiles Revelation 7:9
Out of Great Tribulation Revelation 7:14

Receive Food, Water and Shelter
Revelation 7:16

Needs met by Jesus Revelation 7:17

-----------------------
Revelation Outline

Revelation 8

Seventh Seal - Seven Trumpets - Great Tribulation
(Revelation 8:1-2)

"And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven . . . half an hour"

Pause after Angels have Trumpets.

Trumpets are a symbol of judgment and repentance associated with Teshuva: Month of Elul, Ten Days of Tishrei that include Rosh HaShana and Yom Kippur

High Priest Appears
Golden Censer - Incense - Prayers –
Golden Altar before Throne

Smoke of Incense with prayers will go up before God.

Golden Censer - Fire of Altar Judgment will be cast on the Earth

Voices, Thunderings, and Lightnings, and Earthquake
(Revelation 8:5)

Trumpets are prepared

After pause, trumpets sound.

Probable Time: Pentecost

(Jewish people associate the first trumpet with Pentecost; Passover - Nisan 10 - is the probable time the Great Tribulation begins based on the symbolism and pattern set by God. Pentecost is after Passover and is 40 months from Yom Kippur most likely the last 40 months of the 42-month Great Tribulation.)

Great Tribulation: Hail followed with first trumpet.

1st Trumpet (Revelation 8:7)
Earth
- hail, fire & blood, 100% Grass 1/3 Trees Burn

2nd Trumpet (Revelation 8:8-9)
Sea
burning mountain cast in harms it 1/3 Sea Blood
Creatures living in sea 1/3 Die
Ships 1/3 Destroyed

3rd Trumpet (Revelation 8:10-11)
Rivers
- 1/3 Wormwood
Fountains of Water - Men Die (1/4)

4th Trumpet (Revelation 8:12)
Heaven
: Sun, Moon & Stars Darkened 1/3 Smitten

Revelation 9

Woe, Woe, Woe

5th Trumpet (Revelation 9:1-11)
Woe 1:
Men Tormented by "Locusts" –
fallen angels - (demons) loosed - 5 Months

6th Trumpet (Revelation 9:13)
Woe 2:
Men fire, smoke, brimstone 1/3 Slain
River Euphrates - Army 200,000,000 –
four fallen angels - (demons) loosed

Pause - Preparation
(Woe 3: 7 Bowls of God's Wrath)

(Bowls Contained within the seventh trumpet)
(Woe 3: 7th Trumpet, Bowls of Wrath
are prepared in Heaven, Revelation 15.
The Bowls are poured on earth, Revelation 16)

--------------------
Revelation Outline

Revelation 10

Revelation 10 follows the 6th Trumpet of Revelation 9 – the second woe. It introduces the seventh trumpet and the Second Coming of Jesus to earth. It precedes four parenthetical pauses. (Revelation 11, 12, 13 and 14) The sequence of events begins again in Revelation 15 when the seven bowls of God’s wrath – the seven last plagues that are within the seventh trumpet end the Great Tribulation on one day in one hour. (Revelation 10:7) (Revelation 11:15) (Revelation 15:1-3) (Revelation 15:8) (Revelation 16:17-21) (Revelation 18:8 and 10) (Revelation 19:1-6)

After the pauses (Revelation 11, 12, 13, 14) that follow Revelation 10, Woe 3: the Seven Bowls of God's Wrath – the seven last plagues - within the 7th Trumpet, are prepared in heaven, Revelation 15. The 7th Trumpet, Woe 3: the Bowls of God's Wrath – the seven last plagues - are poured on earth as detailed in Revelation 16.

As stated, Revelation 10 introduces the 7th Trumpet (seven bowls of God's wrath, the seven last plagues). Bowls are a symbol from Yom Kippur. Based on the symbolism within Revelation the 7th Trumpet is the Great or Grand Trumpet that announces the Day of Atonement and when there is a Year of Jubilee. Based on the symbolism and the pattern set by God Yom Kippur is the date when the Great Tribulation is expected to begin and end.

Yom Kippur is Tishrei 9/10 on the Hebrew Calendar. The Second Coming of Jesus to earth is expected to be the anniversary date of His first coming – Tishrei 14/15 the first Holy Day of Tabernacles. As mentioned Revelation 10 introduces the 7th Trumpet followed by the Second Coming of Jesus to earth.

In his vision the Apostle John saw an angel (the angel of the Lord) with an open book – the book of salvation and judgment – the word of God. Jesus is the living Word - our Savior and Judge. He will have His right foot on the Antichrist World Dictator who will come out of the sea and His left foot on the Antichrist False Prophet who will come out of the land. (Revelation 10:2)

John also heard seven thunders (voice of God). (Revelation 10:4)

Jesus confirmed
"There should be time no longer." (Revelation 10:6)
. . . seventh angel when he shall . . . sound, the mystery of God shall be finished." (Revelation 10:7)

The action of the seventh trumpet brings completion. After it ends the Great Tribulation on one day in one hour (Revelation 18:8 and 10)
the kingdoms of this world will become the kingdoms of God. (Revelation 11:15)

Jesus stated that John
"must prophecy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues and kings" before the end comes. (Revelation 10:8)

--------
Revelation Outline

Revelation 11

After the 6th Trumpet of Revelation 9 and the Revelation 10 introduction of the 7th Trumpet there are four parenthetical pauses. Revelation 11 is one of these pauses. It is a pivotal chapter that provides information about the 7-Year Tribulation divided into two parts of three and one-half years each.

In this Revelation 11 Pause there is information about:

The Temple
(Revelation 11:1 and 2)
Before the beginning of the Great Tribulation

Two Witnesses: (Revelation 11:3 . . .)
Prophesy: Beginning to the Middle of Tribulation
Die: Beginning of Great Tribulation
(Revelation 11:7)
Taken into Heaven After 3 1/2 days
(Revelation 11:11)

Great Earthquake:

1/10th, 7,000, of City Killed
First Fruits of the Unsaved Who Will Die and Go to Hell
(Revelation 11:13)

This great earthquake is separate from the great war and is separate from the great earthquake of the seventh bowl of wrath. (Revelation 16:18) Only 7,000 are killed by the earthquake in Revelation 11:13
; this earthquake occurs at the time the remnant of Israel leaves at the beginning of the Great Tribulation. (Revelation 12:16)

7th Trumpet - Seven Bowls (Vials - Censers)

7th Trumpet will Sound Completion
(Revelation 11:15) (Revelation 10:7)

End of Tribulation –
End of Great Tribulation

". . .voices in heaven, saying,
The kingdoms of this world are become kingdoms of our Lord . . ."

Resurrection - Reward: Old Testament, Tribulation Saints (Revelation 11:18)
Temple of God open in Heaven; Ark of Testament Seen

Lightnings, Voices, Thunderings, Earthquake
(Revelation 11:19)

Great Hail (Revelation 18:21)

Pause after Announcement of 7th Trumpet

Revelation 12

John Sees Major Players of Tribulation Period

1. The Woman -

(Revelation 12:1 . . .)

2. The Dragon - Satan
(Revelation 12:3 . . .)

3. The Man Child - Jesus
(Revelation 12:5)

4. Remnant of the Woman -
(Revelation 12:6)

5. The Archangel
- Michael
(Revelation 12:7-9)

Revelation 13

6. Beast Out of Sea - Antichrist World Dictator
(Revelation 13:1-10)

7. Beast Out of Land - Antichrist False Prophet
(Revelation
-18)

(Revelation 14)

8. Believers and Unbelievers

--------------
Revelation 14
The Saved

Victory of His Followers
(Revelation 14:1-5)

Lamb - 144,000+ on Mount Zion - Jerusalem - Survivors
Old Testament and Martyred Tribulation Saints in Heaven

Angel with the Gospel
(Revelation 14:6-7)
Preach to them that dwell on earth:
Survivors of the Tribulation Period

Babylon
(Revelation 14:8-11)
Fall of Kingdom of Antichrist World Dictator
Doom of Worshippers of Beast - Antichrist

Saints with Jesus
(Revelation 14:12-13)
Old Testament Saints
New Testament - Tribulation Saints

End Time Harvest

(Revelation 14:14-16)
Surviving Tribulation Saints are reaped on earth

The Unsaved

(Revelation 14:17-20)
Others on earth subjected to wrath that follows

Revelation 15

John Sees the Wrath of God -
Seven Bowls of Wrath: Seven Last Plagues

3rd Woe: 7th Trumpet - Seven Bowls of Wrath - Last Plagues

In Heaven: Seven angels having seven last plagues: Bowls of Wrath
Martyred Tribulation, Old and New Testament Saints

God and Angels prepare Bowls (Golden Censers) of Wrath
(Revelation 15)

Revelation 16

After pause, Seven Bowls of Wrath - Last Plagues Fall on Earth

1st Bowl (Revelation 16:2)
Earth Unbelievers Sores

2nd Bowl (Revelation 16:3)
Sea every living soul died in the sea 100% Smitten

3rd Bowl (Revelation 16:4)
Rivers and Fountains 100% Blood

Heaven:
4th Bowl (Revelation 16:8)
Sun Scorches Blasphemers

5th Bowl (Revelation 16:10)
Kingdom of Beast Darkness
Blasphemers Sores and Pains

6th Bowl (Revelation 16:12-16)
River Euphrates Dried
Prepared Way for Kings of East

Spirits of Devil go forth to Kings
of World to gather them to Armageddon

7th Bowl (Revelation 16:17)
Air

"There came a voice out of the temple of heaven, from the throne, saying: It is done."
(Revelation 16:18-21)

Voices, Thunderings, and Lightings, and Great Earthquake
Nations' Cities Fell,
Islands and Mountains, Destroyed
Blasphemers Hit by Great Hail
(Weight of Talent) (75# or more)
--------
Revelation Outline
Revelation 17

One of Seven Angels with Bowls of Wrath
Shows Judgment of
Religion

Destruction of Whore of
in Literal Babylon
From First 3 1/2 Years of Tribulation Period

She shall be
made desolate and naked,
and her flesh eaten and
burned with fire.

World-wide religion - tolerance of all faiths
will be destroyed - given to the Kingdom
of Antichrist World Dictator (worship of him only) until the words of God are fulfilled.

Revelation 18

Judgment and Fall of Figurative Babylon Empire:
World Religious, Economic and Government System
From last 3 1/2 Years, Great Tribulation Period

Plagues come in one day,
death, mourning and famine;
she shall be utterly burned with fire;
judgment comes in one hour;
in one hour she is desolate

Nations have drunk wine of wrath
of her fornication;
Merchants made rich from her
stand afar weeping and wailing

Rejoice thou heaven,
Holy apostles and prophets, and
saints slain upon earth - God
hath avenged you by her hand.

Revelation 19

God praised in Heaven for true and righteous judgment
(Revelation 19:1-6)

Marriage supper
(Revelation 19:7-10)

Jesus comes from heaven on white horse
followed by armies of saints
(Revelation 19:11-19)

Antichrist and false prophet cast into lake of fire
(Revelation 19:20)

Remnant of Satan’s followers slain with sword:
(Word of God), His Judgment.
(Revelation 19:21)

-------------

Revelation 20

First 1,000 Year Reign of Jesus
And Eternal State

Emphasis on Satan - Unbelievers

First 1000 Years of Jesus' Earthly Reign
Devil (Satan) will be bound in Hell 1,000 years.
(Revelation 20:2)
New Testament, Old Testament, and
Tribulation Saints rule and reign 1,000 years
(Revelation 20:6)
with Jesus and forever and ever.
(Revelation 22:5)

After First 1,000 Years
Satan will be loosed from Hell, will gain
(Revelation 20:7)
followers; battle again - fire devours them.
(Revelation 20:9)
Satan - Devil is cast into lake of fire
(Revelation )
where Antichrist and False Prophet
are tormented day and night
Unrighteous dead resurrected - judged
(Revelation
-15)
then cast with death and hell into
lake of fire - the second death;
will suffer torment and
(Revelation
)
receive no rest, day or night.
(Revelation 14:11)

Revelation 21

First 1,000 Year Reign of Jesus
and Eternal State

Emphasis on God – Believers

First 1000 Years of Jesus' Earthly Reign
New Heaven, New Earth, No more sea
(Revelation 21:1)
Holy city, new Jerusalem Coming out of Heaven
(Revelation 21:2)
Jesus - God - dwells with man
(Revelation 21:3)

After First 1,000 Years
The Eternal State for Believers
Life - no more tears, death, sorrow or pain
(Revelation 21:4)

The Eternal State for Unbelievers
(Revelation 21:8)
Life - lake that burns with fire
and brimstone (sulfur that burns with blue
flame and stifling odor)

Great city, holy Jerusalem descends out of heaven
(Revelation 21:10)

Overcomers on earth given access to heaven,
(Revelation 21:24-26)

Revelation 22

Overcomers given access to water - tree of life;
other blessings
(Revelation 22:1-6)
Admonitions to Believers and Unbelievers
(Revelation 22:7-21)

Invitation of Salvation
from Jesus and Body of Christ
(Revelation
)

research and credit to BG311
Brenda @ Jesus Place (Delphi Forum)

Last edited by Admin on Thu 26 May 2011, 9:07 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : backspace to fill in gaps for easier reading.)
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Revelation Chronology  Empty BIBLE STUDY WRITE WHAT YOU SEE

Post  Admin Thu 26 May 2011, 8:41 pm

Revelation 1 - Overview

God - John - The Church

God said to John - Write to the Church (Revelation 1)

Write what you see (Revelation 1:11)

Write about [size=16] (Revelation 1:19
)

The Past – History

The Present – Current Situation

The Future – Prophecy

John wrote about the past, present and future.

What he saw

What he heard
(Revelation 1:10 and verse 11)

[/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Revelation Chronology  Empty Revelation Chronology

Post  Admin Tue 24 May 2011, 9:53 am

Revelation Chronology

Revelation 1

Revelation begins with a Revelation of Jesus (Revelation 1:1). What is shown to us about Jesus in Revelation 1 will be seen again throughout the book of Revelation. Jesus tells John to write to the church. John writes seven messages to The Church in the words of Jesus. (Revelation 1:11) These messages are to churches of every age - past, present and future. (Revelation 1:20)

Revelation 2 and 3

In these messages God tells us what He sees in members of churches that He likes and what He dislikes. These chapters (Revelation 2 and 3) contain areas of praise and areas of condemnation. The messages also include warnings and promises. There are areas calling for repentance (or else) and even an offer of salvation (Revelation 3:20
). The promises detail the inheritance that every saved person, every person who is born again by the spirit will receive as overcomers.

Revelation 4 and 5

These chapters - Revelation 4 and 5 - show the New Testament Saints (the elders) in heaven in the presence of God's other living creation. Those in the presence of God are told about the events that will soon occur on earth during a 7-year Tribulation period covered by confirmation of a convenant (agreement) with Israel and others
. (Daniel 9:27)

Revelation 6

In Revelation 6 God tells the New Testament Saints what will happen during the 7-year Tribulation once the restraining force - the seals (the Holy Spirit within those born again) is removed: it is an overview of the 7-year period. Revelation 6 shows us the beginning of the 7-year Tribulation (seal 1). Then it shows us what happens when the treaty - covenant - is broken at the beginning of the Great Tribulation. War begins (seal 2) at the beginning of the Great Tribulation and continues until the end (seal 2 - 6).

Revelation 7

In Revelation 7 the focus now moves away from the New Testament Saints that will already be in heaven (Revelation 3:8 and 10) before the events of Revelation 7 take place. Revelation 7 is a a parenthetical pause that describes new believers during the Tribulation. (Revelation 14) These new believers will receive the seal of the living God - the Holy Spirit that brings salvation by grace through faith in who Jesus is, what He has done for us and the truth of His word. It tells us about 144,000 literal new believers who will be sealed before the Great Tribulation begins. (Revelation 7:1-3) (Revelation 8:6-9) The 144,000 is a representation of the whole number of the new believers during this "hour of temptation." (Revelation 3:10) And, Revelation 7 reveals that a great multitude of new believers (Jews and Gentiles) will be martyred (beheaded) for their faith during the Great Tribulation. (Revelation 6:9-11) (Revelation 7:9-17) (Revelation 14:2 and 3) (Revelation 15:2 and 3 (Revelation 20:4) Others will survive the Great Tribulation. (Revelation 14:1 and verses 4 and 5) Among those who survive are some who will repopulate the earth. (Ezekiel 47:22) (Zechariah 8:1-5)
Revelation 8

In Revelation 8 details of the Great Tribulation are revealed when the seventh seal is opened. Within the seventh seal are seven trumpets. Physical action on earth during the Great Tribulation is contained within the Seven Trumpets. The first trumpet will begin a series of events that will destroy the evil and wickedness on earth; the first trumpet will sound on Pentecost. Trumpets will sound for the last 40 months of the 42-month Great Tribulation. These 40 months are symbolic of the 40 days of Teshuva when trumpets daily sound the call to repent and turn to God. The 7th Trumpet is the Great Trumpet that sounds on Yom Kippur - the Holy Day when the 7-year Tribulation will begin and end based on the symbolism and pattern set by God. Revelation 8 tells us about the action of the first - fourth trumpets.

Revelation 9

In Revelation 9 details describe the action of the fifth and sixth trumpet. The fifth and sixth trumpets contain the first and second woes of the Great Tribulation.

Revelation 10

Revelation 10 is a parenthetical pause; in this chapter the seventh trumpet - the third woe - that will end the Great Tribulation is announced. The Great Tribulation will end this age in which we are now living. Revelation 10 also announces the Second Coming of Jesus on the First Holy Day of Tabernacles after the Great Tribulation ends on Yom Kippur.

Revelation 11, 12, 13 and 14

These chapters are parenthetical pauses in the sequence of events. These pauses add information about the entire Tribulation period.

Revelation 11

This pivotal chapter gives us information from the beginning to the end of the 7-year Tribulation. There is information about the
, Two Witnesses and that (figurative) the Great in . Revelation 11 also tells us that when the seventh trumpet sounds "completion" the kingdoms of this world will become the kingdoms of God - the King of kings and the Lord of lords.

Revelation 12

This chapter tells us about five of the seven major players of the Tribulation period. These five major players are
, Satan, Jesus, the Archangel Michael and the remnant of . There is no mention of the elders - the New Testament Saints being seen on earth.

Revelation 13

In this important chapter there are details about the other two of the seven major players: The Antichrist World Dictator to Come (Islam's Messiah - the Mahdi?) and the Antichrist False Prophet (Islam's Prophet Isa known to them as Jesus?).

Revelation 14

This chapter is about the saved and the unsaved. It reveals what will happen to those who belong to Jesus (the saved - believers) and what will happen to those who belong to Satan (the unsaved - unbelievers).

Revelation 15

This chapter resumes the details about the action from the trumpets. It tells more about the seventh trumpet that contains the seven bowls of God's wrath - the seven last plagues that will come upon the earth in one day. God's wrath will destroy the kingdom of the Antichrist World Dictator in one hour. (Revelation 18:8 and 10)

Revelation 16

The bowls of God's wrath - the seven last plagues are prepared in Revelation 15. These bowls of wrath - seven plagues are poured on earth as detailed in Revelation 16.

Revelation 17 and 18

These two chapters are parenthetical pauses that provide more information for us. These two chapters tell us about the religious, economic and government system of the Antichrist -
the Great - from the beginning to the end.

Revelation 17 has emphasis on the world-wide Religious system of the first half of the 7-year period most likely located in literal
the , the plains of . (Zechariah 5) (Revelation 17:3) But, it also provides some detail about figurative Babylon the world's religious, economic and government system of the Great Tribulation that will be located in that Great City, Jerusalem - (figurative) Mystery Babylon. (Revelation 17:7-12) The religion of the Great Tribulation will be worship of the Antichrist World Dictator as god. Revelation 17 concludes when the world religion that tolerates any faith is destroyed to make way for only one religion (probably Islam) with worship of the Antichrist World Dictator as god during the Great Tribulation. (Revelation 17:13-1)

Revelation 18
focuses on the world religious, economic and government system of the Great Tribulation. Its' destruction - the destruction of figurative - that - Mystery Babylon. The kingdom of the Antichrist World Dictator will be destroyed in one hour on the day that ends the Great Tribulation.

Revelation 19

Details in this chapter show Old Testament, New Testament and Tribulation Saints in heaven rejoicing over the destruction of the kingdom of the Antichrist. (Revelation 19:1-6) The marriage supper that ends the 7-day (7-year) wedding celebration is seen at the end of the 7-year period. (Revelation 19:7-9) The marriage supper is followed by the Second Coming of Jesus to earth. Jesus is seen returning to earth with the saints - His bride - His wife - to establish His reign on earth. (Revelation 19:1-14)

Revelation 20

Revelation 20
furthers the development of the sequence of events but is parenthetical because it also covers information about other future events. This chapter along with the ending verses in Revelation 19:15-21 describes what happens when Jesus arrives back on earth. (Revelation 20:1-4) Revelation 20 describes what will happen to believers and unbelievers during the first 1,000 years of God's reign on earth and throughout eternity. But, the emphasis is on Satan and his followers.

Revelation 21

This chapter is also parenthetical and describes the same period of time as Revelation 20. However, Revelation 21 places emphasis on Jesus and the destiny of His followers during the first 1,000 years of His reign on earth and throughout eternity.

Revelation 22

This chapter continues Revelation 21. It also contains some admonitions and an offer of salvation. This chapter closes the book of Revelation by letting us know that Jesus will call us home to be with Him and return to earth. Revelation 22 assures us that Jesus will come to earth a second time.

An understanding of the chronology of Revelation enables us to see how clearly it flows and how well it is organized. Revelation was inspired by the Holy Spirit who makes no mistakes. Revelation is in perfect chronological order.

BG311 Jesus Place Delphi
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down