World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» AISH
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 11:24 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 11:01 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:14 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:06 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 9:39 pm by Admin

» Europe resolution on Zelenskyy’s “peace formula”
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 9:03 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» Israel Judaica and Roman Hadrian
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 4:34 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 2:33 pm by Admin

» Ancient Hatred Reviving? Vatican
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 12:53 am by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 12:27 am by Admin

» Buried Facts About The Gaza War
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 11:33 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:34 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 10:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 9:44 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyFri 17 May 2024, 9:26 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
What I am up to today - Page 21 EmptyThu 16 May 2024, 11:25 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What I am up to today

+4
jessie
Bertie
Wayne
Admin
8 posters

Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next

Go down

What I am up to today - Page 21 Empty Re: What I am up to today

Post  Admin Fri 07 May 2010, 4:16 pm

What I am up to today - Page 21 025elaine2
Hi good afternoon everyone,
We did have a shower of rain this morning but turned out dry and bright.
I was watching the election results on TV from the early hours of this morning, had several long telephone calls, then my nephew arrived with his wife and just left so another busy day once again with the lovely surprise visit. I do have a few return phone calls to make to members of family but wanted to get online to read mail and do my daily postings .
Hope everyone is OK.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 06 May 2010, 8:11 pm

What I am up to today - Page 21 CrisOrtega2_Elaine
Hi Everyone good evening,
We had drizzle of rain this morning I was concerned that it would get worse and the already full storm drain would cause more problems, so once again rang the Council to check up on the services coming out to sort the blockage, they were very quick to respond and a large sewer jetting type vehicle arrived within half hour. First checking the houses in the row plus the houses behind, thankfully it was sorted, they decided access in my neighbour Mary's garden was easiest to use, she phoned me letting me know how this long large pipe was brought through her side garden, with the gush spillage came through the drain in the road so a further cleaning process and disinfecting of the road had to be undertaken.
The school across the road from us is used for polling station I did manage to find time this evening to pop in to vote. We had earlier in the year a newsletter proposing to knock down the school which is situated in grounds with fields and woods which is the habitat for much wild life, besides the need to conserve and protect wildlife this idea is being opposed as would not only cause more congestion but put quite a strain on the already strain on the sewage pipes.
It's been a rather busy day but popped online to catch up with some postings and going to take it easy for the rest of the evening.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 May 2010, 11:30 pm

Oh deary me Hi everyone good evening Drama,
After a really beautiful day celebrating my birthday with family and friends yesterday.
It's been a busy afternoon/evening in my street, I was out in the garden to inspect all round as I usually do and noticed wait for it! ..in the drain near my kitchen sink was somewhat blocked we have a little prodding pipe for any problems and while I was using noticed something which sure looked like sewage yikes, I called the council who were quite swift to come out only to find after 2 hours of going along several of the houses using their plunger to unbloke to no avail.
I phoned my friend Mary who lives 3 doors down who had already had a visit from them and she went out to walk her dog at same time call on another of our/neighbour friends in street above us who knew nothing of it. Steph meanwhile had arrived to visit and Paul and her went for a walk and take the dogs for a run.
There was much telephone calls some from friends checking up on how my birthday had got on plus neighbours going along to each other to pass on update.
Seems I was the only one,.. as I was the person who called them out, to know No! it is not sorted as the Van had left others thought all was OK.
I advised not to do laundry, hand wash basin rather than bath or shower and to take handwash to take dishwater to the outside front street drains.
I am rather disappointed that the Water Board which this had been passed onto had not suggested these things or even turned up, because the more flushing of toilets etc and use of the drain would cause a build up i.e., into whoever's garden storm drain was the lowest.
I was assured it wasn't mine but no consolation as I already have seen floating sewage inches away from my sink pipe. Paul has a hacksaw at the ready to make sure this does not come up into our kitchen.
The Council man did say someone from Water Board will be along sometime tomorrow as they have the layout plans of pipes and more able to be a position to know best way forward where the problem could lay.
Just stopped by although rather late for me to give a bit of notice what is going on here.
blessings
What I am up to today - Page 21 CrisOrtega2_Elaine
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 May 2010, 1:14 pm

Very overcast here in my part of Wales. I was blessed with such a lovely time yesterday celebrating my birthday with family and friends at Steph's home, too many of us to sit around the dining table so decided to go alfresco and although overcast it wasn't cold and no wind. Brendan took a couple of photo's and we stayed until it got dark chatting around the table which incidentally did have lighting in the parasole.
I had been busy this morning sending thank you messages, also a few phone calls then decided to make a strawberry pie as I had bought 3 Cartons which were being sold off reduced price 57p for the lot. Bill arrived just as it had come out of the oven so we had for our lunch and have not long left, so I am late getting online and need to do some catching up on posts as I didn't do any of my daily's yesterday.
Have a great day all.
What I am up to today - Page 21 Elaine3-1
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 04 May 2010, 11:37 am

What I am up to today - Page 21 BS067elaine06
A lovely sunny day here in my part of Wales although a bit windy, I will be breezing through today as it's my birthday so having lots of "me time".
Misery once again for Britain as flights restricted in Ireland and Scotland due to Iceland volcanic ash once again, but some good news to see that Arnold Swatzenagar ends support for California oil drilling due to the massive oil spill damaging coastline and wildlife.
I have a bit of posting to do then off to enjoy my day.
What ever your plans have a wonderful time.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 03 May 2010, 9:22 am

What I am up to today - Page 21 BS067elanie07
Hi good morning everyone,
I was unable to get into Aimoo earlier maybe some maintenance going on so hopefully later will be able to pop in there. Meanwhile I have been visiting some others where I am member to catch up what is happening on their Forums, also writing up a little for my daily post.
A fine day here in Wales but chilly. No plans to go far today the roads will probably be busy this Bank Holiday Monday, where if not a family outing is being taken, many will be off to the garden centre or D.I.Y. Stores, we will probably take a trip with the dogs to a nearby forest I enjoy this time of year which is covered with bluebells and very pretty, we will take the dogs to another close-bye first where we usually take them plenty of space to explore without damaging wild flower, later will be content to just use the wide pathway of what I call 'bluebell valley'.
It's my birthday tomorrow and Steph has arranged for a get together at her place for dinner, Fran will come down from West Wales to join us I am unaware of who else will come along, maybe Jade my grandaughter will be busy as there is usually a Horse Jumping event or similar she will be participating in especially at Holiday times.
I have decided to spend some time today sorting out my Photobucket.
Whatever your plans have a wonderful day.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 May 2010, 4:14 pm

What I am up to today - Page 21 10027elaine1
Hi Good afternoon Everyone,
Hope you are all well. Have had many visitors today and the last just left, quite an enjoyable day I did have my two grandchildren for a couple of hours as Steph and Brendan had been invited out for lunch. It was good that Bill had arrived as he could keep the little ones entertained while I went to have a shower. Two others stopped in for a short visit who I hadn't seen in a while, seems the Bank Holiday whatever the weather get people together. I already had planned a roast dinner and Bill was invited to make sure he has home cooked meals while he is down this part of Wales so that Fran can have a break. On Brendan and Stephs return they stopped for a while aswell so I am now rushing through to post up and catch up on the net.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 May 2010, 8:31 am

Hi Good morning everyone,
The day started out bright and sunny here in Wales with hardly a cloud in the sky but quickly become quite cloudy, hopefully the rain will stay off for those who have outdoor plans this weekend.
As usual, watched a little of the news on TV then switched channel to view Apocalypse and the End Times series. As I will be sitting with the grandchildren this evening for Brendan and Steph to go out for a meal. I wanted to get online earlier today to do a bit of posting and also hope to get some photo scanning and printing out done. I didn't get such a good night sleep was woken with pain so maybe I will be able to get in a nap this afternoon but one never know what the day may bring as often I get unexpected visitor which I am glad of.
Have a wonderful weekend all.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Apr 2010, 3:27 pm

What I am up to today - Page 21 Fridayspecial
Our day in Wales began with rain and now the sun has broken through although a wind it is still a pleasant day.
Iv'e been quite busy this morning, with a lovely long phone call from a cousin who had just come back from holiday with some good news telling me of what she received from another member of family, who now have quite a lot of information of our family tree, she shared quite a lot on the phone and I took some notes and in turn I, with a bit more filling her in on what I knew. Frances my eldest daughter had taken an interest also in this so I rang her with this news she was delighted to know that soon I will be getting a CD in the post of the findings and will make her a copy. I must admit I wasn't that enthusiastic when Fran began the searching but with the much things my cousin told me of dating back to 1720 I got the bug myself now.
It is Bank Holiday weekend here in UK so hopefully the weather will be kind to everyone who has planned some time outdoors.
Well that's bit of news for today.
Have a marvelous weekend all.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Apr 2010, 9:22 am

What I am up to today - Page 21 Thursdayspecial
Hi everyone good morning,
Dull rather cooler day here in Wales today with forecast of wet and windy for the rest of the week which leads us into Bank Holiday weekend so we can put away the BBQ equipement for a while. I am doing catchup today as I didn't get online to do any posting yesterday due to soon after I had logged in I had a visitor for a few hours, then other things took up my time.
It was Brendan's birthday and instead of that song "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth" Brendan was smiling and displaying his new front teeth and able to once again enjoying chewing his food after his accident which knocked them out.
It will be my birthday on 4th of May and I have already treated myself to plants for my garden, I tel my family not to spend their money on gifts for me as money is tight for everyone these days, my pleasure is just relaxing and getting together, memories last longer than presents I am sure you would agree.
Arthritis is playing up today so although I have a backlog of mail to get through and some postings I am taking plenty of breaks and get onto notepad so that I can post up quickly when I have completed.
Have a great day all.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 27 Apr 2010, 10:09 am

What I am up to today - Page 21 ToonFlower02AL2007elaine
Hi good morning everyone,
Another bright sunny day here in Wales I had a great time in the garden yesterday and got my potting up done and pleased with the results I am hoping for a good splash of colour with the variety I have used, although petunia's do get a bit leggy later on in the year you can trim them with the hope of another show of flower they need a good deal of sun to perform well, I tend to put a mixture in my pots and hanging baskets so there is always something in bloom, some thought need go into where plants are placed, I put begonia's and busylizzies where they benefit from a bit of shade of the hot sun.
I had quite a bit leftover from my bargain buy at the local garden centre which went into the ground of parts of the garden between the perenials 84 plugs in the variety for £14 is well worth it.
I have to pop up the town to get a birthday card for Brendan which he celebrates tomorrow, so I had better "get a wriggle on" and post this out, and get back early to enjoy more time sitting in the garden reading.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 26 Apr 2010, 12:26 pm

What I am up to today - Page 21 Mondayspecial-1
Hi everyone good afternoon,
Athough rather cloudy here in Wales when the sun breaks through nice and warm although there is a breeze. I have been watching the news and the candidates discussions for the general election here in UK. I listen to what each have to say and jot down notes, many I imagine can be taken in by presentation and no doubt are groomed well but it is not how they say but what is on the proposal we need to concentrate on.
I switched over to r-mornings live on revelationtv and although when the focus went to politics without mentioning any candidate, talked of things of importance to look out for then opened the lines and emails for prayer requests.
Yesterday I didn't get round to potting up plants in the garden which I hoped to do, but spent some time online reading and doing some research, I did go outside a little earlier to water the hanging baskets in readiness so this will be my priority today. Whatever your plans have a great day.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 25 Apr 2010, 1:21 pm

What I am up to today - Page 21 BS090072Sun03
Hi Everyone good afternoon,
We had a very heavy fall of rain through the night which I was glad of as it gave a good soaking to the raised beds of my garden. We are still getting some light showers, today I am hoping to be able to pot up my hanging baskets so that I can share some with Steph to liven up their garden for the remaining months they will spend in UK before moving over to New Zealand.
Tony their friend from New Zealand arrived safely yesterday and although it was planned for me to look after the little ones for them to go out it was decided they would just "chill out" and called some of their young friends inviting for a BBQ although it wasn't as sunny as have been lately was still dry and nice enough.
Paul did a pressure wash of our back yard and bringing up the colour of the cotswold stone walls he had built of the raised beds to their former glory getting rid of the green that had accumilated since last year so everything looking good.
The London Marathon took place today about 35, 000 people gathered raising thousands of pounds for their respective Charity.
It's quite chilly and overcast here in Wales today so I am back into my winter woolies quite a contrast from the warm sunny weather we have been experiencing lately.
Whatever your weather may you have a wonderful day.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 24 Apr 2010, 9:22 am

What I am up to today - Page 21 GMOnlineFriends
Hi Everyone,
Another sunny day here in Wales promised although at present hazy, I watered the garden once again as it is over 3 weeks since it is has rained and the newly planted seedlings needing if we are to get the veg growing. Usually it is best to give plants a good soaking about once or twice a week but with seeds they need to be kept moist to germinate and with my raised beds which dry out quickly until established is a must.
The longest period I can remember was in 1976 I was pregnant with Stephanie my daughter, reservoirs were drying up and water had to be collected from standpipes with ban on washing cars or using hosepipes. We do have two large water barrels should we experience this again.
We have plans for later today to visit Steph and I will be available to sit with the little ones should they decide to go out for the evening as expecting a friend from New Zealand to arrive, I met Tony about 6 years ago when Steph brought a host of her friends to stay with me, I got a card from her then saying
she was bringing along seven people to stay at the "best hotel in Town namely Mum's Place" I am not sure if he is coming alone or with others and it will be great to see him once again.

Well I have had to take a couple of breaks since I began writing this on note pad, and the skies are clearing with sun breaking through, so will end with I hope whatever your plans are you will have a wonderful weekend.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 23 Apr 2010, 11:52 am

What I am up to today - Page 21 HSJD423rdApril
Hi Everyone,
Another glorious sunny day here in Wales. I had two phone calls this morning from my daughters Fran and I having a long chat then Steph rang needing some advice about flowers for the garden among other things, hence a little later than I planned getting online so rushing through today as I am yearning to get out in the garden and enjoy the sun.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Apr 2010, 9:26 am

What I am up to today - Page 21 CloudsGMSpringGardens
Hi Everyone,
The Weather lovely sunny day once again in Wales the difference being is as yet not even a breeze. I was up early and watching the birds from my bedroom window, how some would eat on the ground while others hanging upside down getting into the seed balls. I was hoping to see the culprit who been pulling out some of the seedlings, some you lose and to be expected, my neighbour has his well protected with netting. I am well pleased with the raspberry bushes which have lots of buds to flower so hopefully as long as we don't get a frost to damage looking forward to a good crop.
Paul had brought down the stairs what needed to be washed it's amazing how you can always find more when you have such great drying weather.
I watered the garden being especially careful as yesterday there was a kink stopping the flow, I gave it a little swing which took it over to my delpheniums it knocked the stem of one bruising so I propped it toward one of the supports, I am hoping it will be OK.
I watched some TV with my breakfast and decided to get online a bit earlier today in the hope to spend more time sitting out in the sun which they say is continuing to the weekend and going to get warmer. Paul had brought the sunbed out so that I can relax while reading, so I will take a look through my mail and just do what needs be.
I am not expecting any visitors but one never knows what the day unfolds. Hope all have a enjoyable day.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Apr 2010, 10:44 am

What I am up to today - Page 21 Bunnymorning

Hi Everyone,
Another fine sunny day here in my part of Wales although still a cold wind, hopefully this is what is sending that nasty Ash Cloud away. Thankfully things improved that air space restrictions lifted and flights can resume due to the intensity of eruption of ash reduced, although there is concern of Katla erupting the nearby volcano, the President of Iceland yesterday warned if this blows it could have devastating consequences worldwide.
Some Scientist warn that the outlook would be more serious as is larger and more dangerous. On each of the three other occasions during the past 1,100 years when the smaller volcano has exploded - in 920, 1612 and 1821-23 - Katla has erupted soon afterwards.
President Grimsson added: "We have emergency plans in our own country, so I think that it's high time for European governments and airline authorities to start planning."
The good news is as yet this has not happened and hopefully will not.
I have been downloading some critical updates on my PC earlier so hopefully no problems will arise, I have made a system restore point just in case as the last time I did downloads was unable to get into some Forums.
I am hoping to spend time in the garden once again today, there is always plenty need doing most times of the year but particularly in Spring with seed sowing and tidy up.
Wishing everyone a good day.
Blessings

What I am up to today - Page 21 Opalsanddiambling
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Apr 2010, 9:51 am

What I am up to today - Page 21 10027elaine2
Hi Everyone good morning,
We have another sunny day here in my part of Wales although some large clouds in the sky and a cold wind, the forecast does say warmer tomorrow.
Watching TV news this morning warn us another new "ash cloud" it seems everything is variable when flights can be resumed safely. Some were saying Gordon Brown is being over cautious but one should understand that he is, being advised by NATS and the close dialogue with the Met Office and with the UK's safety regulator, the CAA, in respect of the international civil aviation. It is not just UK by many other European countries affected, I am sure that it is best to err on the safe side if this is what is being done, than to send up planes risking thousands of families lives.
I went over to God Morning on Revelation TV the presenter suggesting to pray, no doubt many are doing so, I for one have. I've been feeling very tired these past few days and not spent as much time on the PC seems "olde age" don't come on its own and have been taking myself off to bed early and have decided to just take it easy.
Whatever your weather and plans have a awesome day.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Apr 2010, 11:53 am

Hi good afternoon Everyone,
Another sunny day here in Wales although it started off the same yesterday it did get rather cloudy just as it is today.
I spent some time this morning watching the TV
The latest news on the Volcanic Ash Cloud: Large parts of Europe are affected and Prime Minister Gordon Brown stated Safety is of paramount importance as advised by "NATS who is working with Eurocontrol. Mr Brown explained the rescue plan Royal Navy ships are drafted in the efforts to return stranded travellers to the UK as airspace restrictions are extended. It was stated that Spain will be the Hub as planes will bring people also from America and Asia for example where they will be able to use other land and sea transport to help get to their destinations. Thankfully this brings hope and some brighter news.
Having caught up on the news I did some checking up on my mail and doing a bit of posting before settling down to write up a few things on here, I do have to go to the shop a little later, not much else planned for the day but we never know what may crop up.
Wishing you all a safe and wonderful day.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Apr 2010, 10:53 am

What I am up to today - Page 21 BS090072Sun03
Hi Everyone,
I wasn't online yesterday as I was enjoying the beautiful sunny weather we have been experiencing, which means I need to catch up on some of the postings before I spend more time in the garden also we have penciled-in for a family get together later as we have another fine sunny day.
The news lately have been much about the coming election in UK and the volcano eruption in Iceland which is still very active. This phenomena bringing air traffic over Europe to a standstill with much loss to the economy globally due to produce sitting in Warehouses unable to be flown around, as yet Scientists unable to predict when it will be safe to fly.
As yet my part of Wales not experiencing the fall of Ash and although enjoying the sunny weather hopefully the wind will change taking the dangerous cloud where it causes no more damage.
Whatever your plans I hope you have a good day.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Apr 2010, 10:33 am

What I am up to today - Page 21 10035elaine3
Hi Everyone,
Another sunny day here in Wales although the forecast said would be warmer than yesterday there is cold wind but maybe it will drop and later be as predicted. I watched just a little TV news but much was concentrating on the election and although I am interested a lot was repeated, so I switched over to a history programme on one of the God channels and took some notes.
I had been in the garden earlier and watered the seedlings and plants and having a think on what I would want to do today, hopefully a bit of sorting out on my PC get some files in order and maybe take a look at Photobucket where things have changed now in how you upload, instead of going immediately to the folder made, your given option to share which means taking longer as have to hit the button so as to hit another to say save and go to album maybe I can find a different way of doing.
We had a lovely time at Stephs yesterday after we came back from the vets, the dogs were very well behaved with her cats who did come take a peek through the banisters of stairs and the dogs didn't attempt to go chase them which was good.
Steph made Chicken, veg and nut risotto with a difference had mixed in pureed apricot and was perfect, we had pear crumble and custard for dessert. Played for a little while in the garden with the children, Max enjoyed being pushed on the swing by Uncle Paul while Ethan decided to go climbing and worrying me that he would fall.
I was so tired when we returned home just watched a little of TV rather than turn on the PC as I know once I did would stay longer than intended and had an early night.
My bit of news for today hope everyone doing OK and have a great weekend.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Apr 2010, 10:47 am

What I am up to today - Page 21 Thursdayspecial
Hi Everyone,
Another bright sunny day here in Wales with just a light breeze.
I switched on theTV this morning where much of the news was taken up explaining National Air Traffic Service (NATS) has introduced restrictions to UK airspace due to a Volcano erupting in Iceland, which will also effect other parts of Central Europe, it cannot be seen from the ground as it is blowing across Britain around three miles in the sky. The BBC said the distruption is likely to get worse. One couple at Glasgow Airport were told that they will only be able to travel to the US on Monday, five days after they planned to travel. The situation is further confused as the volcano is still erupting. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8621407.stm
It was said thankfully, that emergency services will still be operational as they fly at a lower level.
Well you may not have plans to fly in or out of Britain or around the area but apparently when the ash eventually falls, by dirty rain you wouldn't want your laundry on the line and prepare to get your windows cleaned and car washed.
It was lovely having the family here for most of the day into the evening yesterday, while first part of the day was a bit overcast it brightened up, so spent much of the time in the garden, not actually BBQ weather although still nice enough for the little ones to play outside while adults sat around chatting. Steph said how nice and green things looking since the fine weather bringing colour out of the shrubs with the Ribes burst out in flower of bright pink and the graceful golden yellow kerria covering the fence.
Well it is coming up to mid-day so I had better get my post out. I had a few breaks with a cuppa and a look around the garden. Nothing really planeed for the rest of the day apart from a appointment at the vet, on our return visit to go along to Stephs for dinner where we will be able to take the dogs along, maybe they will spend time in her garden as they are not accustomed to her cats, unlike when we have taken them on a visit staying with Fran they had learned to give them their space, so hopefully an uneventful yet pleasant time.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Apr 2010, 10:57 pm

What I am up to today - Page 21 Image5-1
Hi Everyone,
Extremely late getting around and is almost midnight.
Have had a lovely day with the family, then after they left spent rest of the time catching up on other things plus sorting mail and posts.
Hopefully will get online early tomorrow as I also have to go vets then on our return calling into Steph's and staying for dinner so as to have more time with the little ones.
Hope all doing well.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 Apr 2010, 12:44 pm

What I am up to today - Page 21 Tuesdayspecial1
Hi Everyone,
Another sunny day here in Wales although a bit of a breeze a pleasant warm day.
I watched some TV news then switched over to RevelationTV a live discussion programme where one is able to phone in or txt a message. Part of the morning was talks on the coming election of Parliament and how important it is knowing History of our land, for example King Alfred the Great commonly regarded as a hero of the Christian Church the only English King to be regarded great for his defence when the Vikings invaded swarming the land, when instead of killing the captors showed compassion and mercy upon them, the story goes the transition from Viking King and warrior to Christianity.
The bottom line being that God has been much taken out of the Laws of the lands today and not just here in Britain. Ridding the nations of it's biblical ethics and Christian backdrop leaves much food for thought.
Whether someone is a Christian or Athiest for example one has to consider the moral aspects of the Christian faith brings much good for public welfare. So much corruption in many of those who govern over us we so much need to do our homework before voting. Well my bit of spouting for today.
I am hoping to spend some more time in the garden with Paul later, there is much more need doing.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Apr 2010, 10:05 pm

What I am up to today - Page 21 10038elaine1
Hi Everyone
My tag says goodnight in Welsh as it is almost time for bed for me although I do have a few things to do online before I retire.
We have had a beautifully sunny day here in Wales.
I had a late night and early morning, also quite a busy day, but just wanted to pop in to say thinking of you and hopefully tomorrow will find more time to switch on the PC earler.
As we are from different parts of the globe for some it is still yet day so whatever your plans have a good day and for those heading off to bed a restful sleep with sweet dreams and that you wake refreshed.
Blessings
Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 37 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 29 ... 37  Next