World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:27 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:22 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:19 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» My Manna
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ATLAS SHRUGS - PAMELA GELLER
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 10:05 pm by Admin

» Pastor Francis Frangipane
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 9:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 8:11 pm by Admin

» Keith China Nanjing
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 6:19 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 4:04 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyYesterday at 1:20 pm by Admin

» THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 8:16 pm by Admin

» Share your Jokes smiles here
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 8:12 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 1:31 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 1:09 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 12:40 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 12:38 pm by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 12:33 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin on Tue 25 Oct 2016, 12:41 pm

Date: October 25, 2016 at 1:18 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Blessed Friendship

Blessed Friendship

"The friendship of the LORD is for those who fear him, and he makes known to them his covenant." PSALM 25:14, ESV

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 18:24

We know that while Jesus walked this earth, He had many friends. Some were from the very top of society, and others were from the lowest of society. He was invited to parties, He was familiar, He was sought out. All of the disciples were especially close friends to Jesus, as were Lazarus, Mary, and Martha. Can you imagine being counted among Jesus' closest friends like that? 

Here's the wonder of it: the Creator of the universe longs for friendship with you. It's true! Do you marvel as I do at how such love can abide with such a wrecked heart? Yet God's perfect, unchangeable love meets us where we are in our imperfections and fluctuations. His deep, abiding love washes over us in our wearied state, even when we aren't being much of a friend to Him or anyone else. 

As we delight in Him, the truths of His covenant carry more and more weight. In friendship with Him, in the following of His footsteps, we are known and welcomed by the Most High. He offers us a friendship worth our effort, and one that will 
never fade.

Insight: Do you delight in walking with Jesus? Do you see the beauty of your friendship with God?

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in urgent need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." ~Maj. Gen. James Mattis~

- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war, And my fingers to fight.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 21 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin on Mon 24 Oct 2016, 8:09 pm

Date: October 24, 2016 at 1:53 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Perfect Love

Perfect Love

"Who, then, is the man that fears the LORD? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him." Psalm 25:12

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 1:1-7

Does the idea of fearing God scare you? Does His holiness seem too formidable? The attributes of God that may at first look daunting to us are the very things that will draw us closer to Him. Our stubborn hearts need instruction, that's for sure. Thankfully, Jesus is a patient, gentle teacher. If the fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, we have a long, inviting road ahead where we can learn of His goodness. Truly knowing His love and character motivates the most desperate sinner to move towards obedience. 

When I met my children in gentle love rather than in harsh judgment, I imitate the much more amazing and perfect love of God. They learn - and I learn - to live beyond feelings, sinful desires, and self-centeredness. When we live near to the goodness of God, we are instructed toward obedience. The fear of God no longer drives us away from Him; rather, we run to His feet like a child delighting to dance before his parents. When we are teachable and moldable, He creates in us His works of art. Just think of it: we are His masterpieces!

Insight:  "There is no fear in love. but perfect love drives out fear..." (1 John 4:18)

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

- "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." John Stuart Mill, 1867

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." ~Maj. Gen. James Mattis~

- "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." Thomas Jefferson

Psalms 144:1 Blessed be Jehovah my rock, Who teacheth my hands to war, And my fingers to fight.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 21 Oct 2016, 8:49 pm

Date: October 21, 2016 at 2:45 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Joy Of A Repentant Heart

The Joy Of A Repentant Heart

"Remember not the sins of my youth and my rebellious ways; according to your love remember me, for you are good, O LORD." Psalm 25:7

Scripture Focus: Psalm 51:1-12

The goodness of Jesus cannot truly be measured and surely can never be matched. It stretches to the heavens and reaches beyond the farthest sea. We, on the other hand, are weak and sinful each day we set our feet upon the floor. We may enter this world as angelic little babies, but our hearts immediately are sinful to the core (Psalm 51:5). In Jesus we can repent freely of the weakness and feeble moments we fall to each day. "Taste and see that the Lord is good" (Psalm 34:8). When we repent, we get a taste of the abundant goodness that God has stored up for those who fear Him (Psalm 31:19). 

Do you grow weary of striving for perfection and of seeking to attain a goodness that will make your life right? Strive no longer! Humbly rest in the forgiveness that Jesus offers. Trust that in your weakness and suffering, His power is indeed made perfect. You never know... your trials and repentance and humility may be the tools He works through to bring the power of His goodness to another suffering soul.

Insight: Lord Jesus, help us enjoy the grace of repentance and your sweet forgiveness found in the perfect life, death and resurrection of Jesus this day. Amen 

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 20 Oct 2016, 3:48 pm

Date: October 20, 2016 at 1:50 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Guide Me

Guide Me

"Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long. Remember, O LORD, your great mercy and love, for they are from of old."  (Psalm 25:5-6)

Scripture Focus: Job 42:1-6

Stop to consider that every moment of your life you need leading. When things seem to be going well for us, it is especially easy to forget that our wandering hearts need the Lord's leading each day. If I focus on the pain of my own story, I head down paths of despair that Jesus never intended for me. I can find myself like Job, longing for the old days when it seemed like the Lord was blessing everything (see Job 29:1-6). 

I need to beg the Lord for what truly is from the "old days": His great mercy and steadfast love. Out of His deep love for me, He has safeguarded my salvation. The moment I knew Jesus as my Savior, that forever-healing was secured, even if the healing I need may not be so. 

Ultimately, Job affirmed that he knew God could do all things, that no plan of the Lord's could be thwarted, and that he surely had spoken of things that were simply too magnificent for his finite mind to embrace. Accept the Lord's gracious leading in your life, and stand sure in the only hope we have: Jesus Christ.

Insight: Even when your story looks outwardly agonizing, you are being taught, refined, shown mercy, and loved deeply with a steadfast love.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 19 Oct 2016, 4:50 pm

Date: October 19, 2016 at 1:30 AM
Topic: +DEV+  What Is True Freedom?

What Is True Freedom?

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galatians 5:1

Scripture Focus: Galatians 5:1-15; 1 John 4:7-11

What does it mean to be free? Many people live their whole lives believing that freedom means living without restraint. This was the lie that Satan told our first parents, Adam and Eve (see Genesis 3). But the Bible teaches a radically different kind of freedom. It is a freedom that transcends the dictionary definition of the word. It is a freedom that several have found in a solitary confinement cell of a maximum security prison. 

True freedom is freedom in Christ. It is not freedom from the law, but freedom from death - the penalty the law requires for even the slightest sin. It is freedom from trying to make yourself right with God by keeping the requirements of the law. It is freedom in the finished work of Jesus Christ at the cross. 

But true freedom is also freedom in the Spirit. It is through the Spirit that those who are free in Christ fulfill the law of love (Galatians 5:13-26). Jesus summarized the whole law in two simple points: "Love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself" (Matthew 22:34-40).

Insight: Are you walking in freedom today? True freedom consists in knowing that "God is love" 1 John 4:8.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 18 Oct 2016, 9:06 pm

Date: October 18, 2016 at 12:40 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Enemy's Snare

The Enemy's Snare

"My eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign LORD; in you I take refuge - do not give me over to death. 
Keep me from the snares they have laid for me, from the traps set by evildoers." Psalm 141:8-9

Scripture Focus: Psalm 141

Several years ago I interviewed a man who had lived much of his life outdoors. Through the years, he had trapped enough animal pelts to provide well for his family. He explained how to set a snare for birds and small game. He said it had to do with tricking the animal with bait made of morsels of meat or with bait that had certain smells. 

The enemy of our souls sets snares for us, too. How many times have we been tricked and lured by things that take us far away from God? The bait Satan uses is attractive and draws us toward a deadly trap of self-reliance and pride. It's the same gimmick he has been using since the very beginning of time in the Garden of Eden. We know how the events of that day resulted in death. 

But the rest of the Bible contains words of hope and life. Psalm 141 reminds us that the Lord is our refuge. Our loving God will see us through. Jesus makes the difference for us. He has provided salvation and sent the Holy Spirit to give us refuge in our time of need. Run to Him!

Insight: You can trust God to direct your footsteps on a path around or through land infested with the enemy's snares.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 17 Oct 2016, 8:31 pm

Date: October 17, 2016 at 1:01 AM
Topic: +DEV+  His Unfailing Love

His Unfailing Love

"Out of the depths I cry to you, O LORD; O Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to my cry for mercy. If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins...who could stand?" Psalm 130:1-3

Scripture Focus: Psalm 130

When I read this psalm, my heart breaks for those who have not yielded their lives to Christ. Almost every week I read in the news of a famous movie star or rich and influential person who takes his/her life. This world simply held no hope for them. The psalmist recognizes that on our own merits, we could never stand before the Lord. There is nothing we can do - no riches we can amass or accolades we can earn - that will redeem us or save us. God has provided the redemption we need. 

When Jesus stepped from glory and became a baby in Bethlehem, He made a way for us to be saved. God's rescue plan that His Word told of since the beginning of the world was set in motion. Now, when we acknowledge our sinfulness and inability to change on our own, we grasp the truth that only Jesus can make a lasting difference in our lives. 

At that point, "out of the depths," as this psalm begins, we invite Jesus into our hearts. His redemption overshadows us; we have a place of hope 
and peace we'd never known in the past.

Insight: Only in Jesus' unfailing love and forgiveness do we have hope.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 14 Oct 2016, 6:38 pm

Date: October 13, 2016 at 10:58 PM
Topic: +DEV+ The Well-lit Path

The Well-lit Path

"I gain understanding from your precepts; therefore I hate every wrong path. Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path." Psalm 119:104-105

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:104-112

Solar energy is growing more popular all the time, especially in the sunny southwestern areas of the United States. The elementary school in our neighborhood has large panels installed on its roof. The blazing sun beating on those panels stores enough energy to power computers, lights, sound equipment and other needs of all the teachers and students there. Solar lights along the pathway at my own house ensure that I know where I'm going in the dark and won't likely stumble over a snake. 

As amazing as solar power is, we know the true Light of the World: Jesus Christ. His power goes beyond all of our imagination. His light has gone out to the very ends of the earth. His Word lights the path we walk in a world of darkness and temptation. His faithfulness shines on our spiritual pathways. We might be impressed with stored solar energy, but we can say with greater wonder along with David, "How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you" (Psalm 31:19). Try to grasp how much Jesus loves you!

Insight: Let's walk on the narrow path that is lit by the goodness and grace of Christ Jesus.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 13 Oct 2016, 11:17 pm

Date: October 12, 2016 at 10:42 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Thirsty?

Thirsty?

"Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men, for he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." Psalm 107:8-9

Scripture Focus: Psalm 107

Have you read the story in the New Testament about Jesus during the Feast of Tabernacles (John 7)? The people commemorated their wilderness walk when leaving Egypt by marching around the altars carrying branches. As they marched the eighth day, the priest would pour water on the altar. Verse 37 says that Jesus cried out, "Let anyone who is thirsty come to me and drink." He had the answer to their needs; He stood willing to supply living water. 

Desert dwellers know every trickling stream or spring in their area. Those are the places they might need to refill a canteen. Even if they walk for just a few hours, they know to carry water along. This most basic of elements is exactly what we need. There is no other satisfaction for our weary souls than the simple, yet magnificent truth of the Gospel that comes from Jesus Christ, our Living Water. Through Him, there bubbles up in us a continuous spring of living water to share 
with others. 

Need a refill today? Jesus calls out to you, "Come to me and drink."

Insight: Jesus satisfies the thirsty and will fill you until you become a river, flowing out to bless and refresh others.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 11 Oct 2016, 8:41 pm

Date: October 10, 2016 at 11:52 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Dust Bowl

Dust Bowl

"As for man, his days are like grass, he flourishes like a flower of the field; the wind blows over it and it is gone, and its place remembers it no more." Psalm 103:15-16

Scripture Focus: Psalm 103

During the 1950s, a particular couple drove back to Oklahoma to see the farm they had left 20 years earlier during the dust bowl. They talked about clearing away brush and trees and planting new crops. They talked about the sun that had parched the land and the dust storms that had left it barren. 

As they drove along the dirt road toward their farm, one of them said, "It's been 20 years. I don't know what the house must look like." They stopped the car at the site of their farm and exclaimed. "It's gone!" The couple looked out at a few trees and tall grass. "It's like all our work had never happened." 

The psalmist would have understood that comment. The work of our hands can be wiped out through fire, flood, dust storms, or simply decay with age. Jesus' work at the cross shows us the extent of God's love. He withheld nothing to provide for us. As time passes and we face unexplained loss, we can stand firm on God's enduring love. Through it we flourish and are brought from withered hopelessness back to life.

Insight: Aren't you glad for God's love and compassion? It never disappears.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 10 Oct 2016, 8:51 pm

Date: October 10, 2016 at 1:52 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Desert Owl

Desert Owl

"I am like a desert owl, like an owl among the ruins. I lie awake; I have become like a bird alone on a roof." Psalm 102:6-7

Scripture Focus: Psalm 102

Many owls live in the desert, though they don't often make themselves visible. Some are huge, like the Great Horned Owl that lives in a tall tree near my home. Others are small like the tiny Elf Owl who is easily hidden. The owl is a bird of solitude, and therefore the psalmist compares himself to it. 

Our writer of Psalm 102 feels alone. Who of us could not relate to that? He may have been going through a deep depression as he cried out to the Lord. His prayers were always heard, even when the enemy taunted and when he was overcome by sorrow or grief to the point that he couldn't even eat. I am certain that many of you can identify with that. 

Praise God for His enduring love. Praise God for a Savior who was willing to endure the pain of the cross all alone, was willing to endure the ultimate aloneness when the Father turned His back on Him those three days. But He did not remain in isolation. He alone paid the price for our sins so that we would never be separated from Him again from this life to the next.

Insight: "For the Lord is good and his love endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations." (Psalm 100:5)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 3:52 pm

Date: October 5, 2016 at 11:28 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Restore Us

Restore Us

"Hear us, O Shepherd of Israel, you who lead Joseph like a flock....Restore us, O LORD God Almighty; make your face shine upon us, that we may be saved." Psalm 80:1, 19

Scripture Focus: Psalm 80

During a time of economic downturn, many of us develop an interest in repurposing or restoring old items to transform them into something useable. One grandmother enjoys stripping paint or varnish from old oak tables and chairs to restore them to their original beauty. A friend of mine buys battered travel trailers and makes them attractive and roadworthy. Recently, I read about a man who transformed an 1800s pump-organ into a gleaming writing desk. 

This story, however, is not about tables, battered travel trailers or timeworn pump organs. It is about God transforming us. He hears us when we cry out, "Restore us, LORD." A thief becomes a well-respected business person. A cancer victim regains health. Addictions are overcome. A wandering soul finds rest in the Lord. 

Because of Jesus and His work on the cross, we see our lives restored, or repurposed to something better. He never leaves us. Again and again in the Bible, we read that the 
Lord walks with us in all situations, turning our sadness into great joy.

Insight: "The Lord is my shepherd...he restores my soul.” Psalm 23:1, 3

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 06 Oct 2016, 1:33 pm

Date: October 5, 2016 at 9:09 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Robed in Safety through the Storm

Robed in Safety through the Storm

"Mightier than the thunder of the great waters, mightier than the breakers of the sea - the LORD on high is mighty." Psalm 93:4

Scripture Focus: Psalm 93

My friend who grew up on the Ozark’s, often went fishing in the ocean, knew the waters well. He also knew a strong calling on his heart to ministry. These two parts of his life came together one day while fishing. A violent storm rolled in. As he rode at the tops of the waves and then plunged down into troughs, fear overwhelmed him. But he thought that if God had called him to be a pastor, He surely could keep him safe to fulfill that. Instantly, he sensed God's peace, even in the midst of the storm. 

Eventually, he went on to become a pastor, never forgetting his harrowing rollercoaster ride on the ocean and always remembering the protection the Lord had wrapped him in that day. 

"The LORD is robed in majesty and armed with strength" (Psalm 93:1). There's a shadow of Jesus in this psalm. Our Savior is robed in majesty because He was the one whose robes were torn from Him as He went to the cross. He gave Himself as a perfect sacrifice so that we might be robed in His righteousness, kept safe through every storm.

Insight: The Lord on high is higher than any wave that he has created. "The Lord on high is mighty"  (Psalm 93:4B).

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 05 Oct 2016, 7:24 pm

Date: October 5, 2016 at 11:28 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Restore Us

Restore Us

"Hear us, O Shepherd of Israel, you who lead Joseph like a flock....Restore us, O LORD God Almighty; make your face shine upon us, that we may be saved." Psalm 80:1, 19

Scripture Focus: Psalm 80

During a time of economic downturn, many of us develop an interest in repurposing or restoring old items to transform them into something useable. One grandmother enjoys stripping paint or varnish from old oak tables and chairs to restore them to their original beauty. A friend of mine buys battered travel trailers and makes them attractive and roadworthy. Recently, I read about a man who transformed an 1800s pump-organ into a gleaming writing desk. 

This story, however, is not about tables, battered travel trailers or timeworn pump organs. It is about God transforming us. He hears us when we cry out, "Restore us, LORD." A thief becomes a well-respected business person. A cancer victim regains health. Addictions are overcome. A wandering soul finds rest in the Lord. 

Because of Jesus and His work on the cross, we see our lives restored, or repurposed to something better. He never leaves us. Again and again in the Bible, we read that the 
Lord walks with us in all situations, turning our sadness into great joy.

Insight:  "The Lord is my shepherd...he restores my soul.” Psalm 23:1, 3

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 04 Oct 2016, 10:03 pm

Date: October 3, 2016 at 9:19 PM
Topic: +DEV+  He Judges with Equity

He Judges with Equity

"We give thanks to you, O God, we give thanks, for your Name is near; men tell of your wonderful deeds. You say, I choose the appointed time; it is I who judge uprightly." Psalm 75:1-2

Scripture Focus: Psalm 75

Leo Tolstoy wrote "The Just Judge" about a king who heard of a wise judge and set out to see him. He disguised himself as a commoner and began his journey. On the way, he met a beggar who needed a ride, so the king helped the man onto his own horse and the two rode into town. Once there, the beggar claimed the horse was his and that the other man was trying to steal it. They appeared before the judge who, after a day, asked each man to identify his horse amongst several horses. Although both men were able to identify it, the animal recognized its true owner. Both knew the horse, but the horse only knew his owner. And the king was delighted to find such a just judge! 

In Psalm 75, we see that God will one day judge with fairness. His justice goes beyond any good judge we can imagine. And the best part is that we know our Judge. We're a bit like the horse from the story who knew his master. Because we know Him, we can say with the psalmist, "I will declare this forever; 
I will sing praise to the God of Jacob" (vs. 9).

Insight:  "He will judge the world in righteousness... the Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble." (Psalm 9:8-9)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 30 Sep 2016, 4:52 pm

Date: September 29, 2016 at 10:13 PM
Topic: +DEV+  God is Great

God is Great

"But may all who seek you rejoice and be glad in you; may those who love your salvation always say, Let God be exalted!" Psalm 70:4

Scripture Focus: Psalm 70

A pastor of a church always ended his Scripture reading with the words, "God is good!" The congregation would respond saying, "All the time!" One Sunday morning, he changed the words to, "The LORD is great!" And the congregation sat in silence. They had to think a moment about what their response should be. The truth that "The LORD is great" should give us all pause... and great comfort. 

Sometimes God delivers us out of the storms of life. But not always. Even while we are praying, the finances may fall apart, the cancer may take over, the job is terminated, the depression persists. 
It is important to know in your head and believe in your heart that even in those times, the Lord walks with you. Psalm 139:7 asks, "Where can I go from your Spirit?" The answer is - thankfully - nowhere! 

Jesus' love stands firm for us and goes beyond any discouragement, confusion or shame we may have. He went to the cross to prove it. When we look to Him now, how can we help but proclaim with the psalmist that He is great?

Insight:  "The permanence of God's character guarantees the fulfillment of His promises." (A.W. Pink)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 29 Sep 2016, 7:00 pm

Date: September 29, 2016 at 3:19 AM
Topic: +DEV+  My Son, My Son!

My Son, My Son!

"Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall. But you, O God, will bring down the wicked....  But as for me, I trust in you." Psalm 55:22-23

Scripture Focus: Psalm 55

Many of you carry a heavy burden because of a rebellious child. It is an age-old story told throughout the Bible, starting with Adam and Eve. King David certainly knew the heartbreak of a child who had turned against him (2 Samuel 17, 18). 

What did David do? He put the focus not on himself, nor on his regrets as a parent or the hurt that came at the hands of his own child. Rather, he focused on the Lord who would carry his heartache for him. 

Does your life include the sorrow of a wayward child? Remember that God in His perfect plan turned that despair upside down when He as Father withheld His love for His Son at the cross...all to pay the price for the waywardness of each one of us. Even while we deal with defiant sons or daughters, we are reminded of how we - also willful children - have rejected His love repeatedly. At a time when God could call out to us as David did to Absalom, "My son, my son," Jesus cried out for us, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" It's all because of the deep love of the Father for us.

Insight: Today we can give our greatest pain to Jesus and trust Him to send comfort.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 28 Sep 2016, 10:36 pm

Date: September 28, 2016 at 12:52 AM
Topic: +DEV+  You Are Still A Blessing!

You Are Still A Blessing!

"Blessed is he who has regard for the weak; the LORD delivers him in times of trouble. The LORD will protect him and preserve his life; he will bless him in the land..." PSALM 41:1-2

Scripture Focus: Psalm 41

It is a stinging and crushing blow to be told in one way or another that you are "no good," or "no use to anyone" or that "you can't be a blessing to others the way you are." The weight of cruel words can burden a person for years. I was someone who felt that. 

One Sunday at a church I  was told they didn’t need a “crippled” pastor. I could “Attend” but my preaching days were done. I left that organization and went on to write devotionals and occasionally preach. "If the Lord says you're a blessing, then you are." 

I never again doubted my ability to bless others. Truly, our words can encourage or devastate. Thankfully, it is the kind words of our heavenly Father that mean more to me than the often careless comments of others. While on earth, Jesus spent much time blessing others with His words and with His touch. He addressed the deep personal needs of everyone with whom He came into contact. Through the Holy Spirit and the unchanging words of Scripture, He is still meeting the personal needs of you and me today. 

We are blessed!

Insight: "When we lose one blessing, another is often most unexpectedly given in its place." 

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 27 Sep 2016, 3:02 pm

Date: September 27, 2016 at 12:45 AM
Topic: +DEV+ NO SHAME

NO SHAME

"In you, O LORD, I have taken refuge; let me never be put to shame; deliver me in your righteousness...be my rock of refuge, a strong fortress to save me." Psalm 31:1-2

Scripture Focus: Psalm 31

Have you ever heard someone say to you or to someone else, "Shame on you"? It used to be a phrase more commonly heard from parents when I was growing up, and it certainly had the power to make a child feel awful. I know an older man who has said that though he couldn't remember his shameful deed, his first memory was hearing his mother say, "Shame on you." 

Praise the Lord - for that man and for all of us - that we can read the precious, restorative words of Psalm 31: "Let me never be put to shame" (vs. 1). When we pray these words along with David who first wrote them, shame is lifted from us. Even David, who had plenty to be ashamed of, knew this to be true. God never shames us. 

David could have hidden away in a cave of guilt and unworthiness. Instead, he looked to God as his Rock of refuge, the lifter of his head, knowing his times were in God's hands. God continues to lift our heads as we trust Him with all of the thoughts and actions of our lives. Through Jesus, we are offered grace, love and blessing.

Insight: God, who takes away our shame, lifts our head and delivers us with His righteousness. 

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 26 Sep 2016, 1:15 pm

Date: September 25, 2016 at 9:06 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Desert Refuge

Desert Refuge

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. For who is God besides the LORD? And who is the Rock except our God?" Psalm 18:30-31

Scripture Focus: Psalm 18

A friend of mine who winters in Arizona along with thousands of other snowbirds enjoys collecting rocks. No matter where a person walks or hikes here, there are rocks to be found. She has a stunning variety of beryl, jasper, quartz, chrysocolla and several she can't identify lined up on her windowsill. With these smaller precious stones around and with the large rock formations and mountains in view, I can see why the psalmist thinks of the Lord when he considers the rocks. 

"Who is the Rock?" We know the answer can only be the Lord. Among many names for Jesus, the "Rock of our salvation" is one of my favorites. We see Jesus, our Rock, as powerful against any enemy that comes against us. He lifts us out of the slimy pit of life's trials and sets our feet on a rock (see Psalm 40:1-3). Though we change like the shifting sand, He is immovable. We can be grateful for His perfect way, His flawless Word, His shield in times of trouble. He is the Rock of Ages, cleft for us, in whom we can hide from all of life's storms.

Insight: "The Lord lives! praise be to my rock! Exalted be God my savior!” (Psalm 18:46)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 23 Sep 2016, 10:05 pm

Date: September 22, 2016 at 11:02 PM
Topic: +DEV+ Sing Praises

Sing Praises

"I will give thanks to the LORD because of his righteousness and will sing praise to the name of the LORD Most High." Psalm 7:17

Scripture Focus: Psalm 7

Have you ever felt discouragement and depression? Has your soul felt anguish as David wrote of in many of his psalms? Perhaps you lost your job or a friend let you down, and depression hit like a desert dust storm. This morning, I woke up in a state of sadness remembering my friend had just moved across the country. 

Here in Psalm 7, the psalmist seeks hope and refuge in God. He could have folded his hands and sighed. Instead, he took his complaint to God and learned the key to triumph over depression. He learned that by giving thanks to the Lord and singing praises, discouragement and 
depression recede. 

Jesus once spoke of worshipping the Lord "in spirit and in truth" (John 4:23). Moments after thinking of worshipping in spirit and in truth, I heard a mockingbird sing outside my window and was reminded that if creation can call out in praise, I can too. We identify with the anguished cry of heartache in many of the psalms; let's allow our hearts to also worship in spirit and truth through songs of praise.

Insight: This is my father's world, why should my heart be sad? The Lord is king; let the heavens ring! God reigns; let the Earth be glad! (Maltbie D. Babcock, 1901)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 21 Sep 2016, 5:05 pm

Date: September 21, 2016 at 1:32 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Tree Planted by the Water

A Tree Planted by the Water

"He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers." Psalm 1:3

Scripture Focus: Psalm 1

When rain falls in the southwest desert, washes cut across arid lands carrying much-needed moisture to plants and animals. Desert willow trees often grow along these washes because the nourishment and water they need are there. A desert willow actually blooms during the hottest point in the summer and in turn provides food and shade for meandering wildlife that happens along. 

The psalmist's tree imagery resonates with all of us, whether it is desert willows we know or thick forests of oaks. We all understand that a tree growing with no good water source dries out, loses its leaves, and dies. We know in our hearts that each one of us might survive for short periods apart from our source of nourishment, the Bible. But to stand against the winds of adversity and provide shelter for others, we need the constant sustenance provided by a relationship with Jesus Christ. 

Jesus is the source of our strength. We can stand firm and grow strong along the waterway of God's Word. And in due season, He will produce fruit in us.

Insight: planted in god's word, we find much-needed nourishment. jesus faithfully increases Our strength to shelter others.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 20 Sep 2016, 9:16 pm

Date: September 19, 2016 at 10:48 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Gentle Warrior

Gentle Warrior

"O LORD, you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar... Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD." Psalm 139:1-2, 4

Scripture Focus: Psalm 139

David stands out as possibly the best known and most beloved of the biblical writers, giving us much in the collection of Psalms. A surface look at David shows us a complex man of military strength who also had a gentle, creative side. We know him as a shepherd boy who became a man of valor and a king who powerfully led his nation. 

A musician and a poet, David touched lives during his lifetime and centuries later. But what's far more important for us to see when we read the stories of David and the poetry he wrote is whom David's life and writings are pointing us to. David was a shadow of our promised King, Jesus. Where David was a good king, he has only foreshadowed our perfect King. And where David fell, our King lived faultlessly. Today we know that only because of Jesus' life and sacrifice on our behalf can our unrighteous thoughts and actions be removed. 

He stands holding out holy, nail-scarred hands to each of us. Along with David we can praise God, cry out to Him, stand in awe of Him, and find comfort in Him. 

Insight: Because of Jesus, we can walk in confidence. "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve 
my life" (Psalm 138:7A).

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 19 Sep 2016, 10:57 pm

Date: September 19, 2016 at 2:23 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Forever Wonderful!

Forever Wonderful!

"He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."   Revelation 21:4

Scripture Focus: Revelation 21

Like many I know, I grieve over certain broken relationships in my life. I weep that they don't know how much I love them - how much God loves them. It once occurred to me that because, God incarnate - came in the flesh - He knows what it's like to be me. But when Jesus returned to heaven, He deposited His Spirit in me so I can feel what it's like to be Him. 

Through His Spirit, as I feel my heart break over rejected love and brokenness, I can feel the pain of God's own heart over those who have rejected His love and His invitation to a real, forever home. I wonder at Jesus' promise of heaven, that there will be no more mourning, crying or pain. 

It's hard to imagine! We don't know how He will make good on that promise, but He is faithful and powerful. He will make all things new, mend that which was broken, heal that which was diseased and wipe every tear away from our eyes. And best of all, God Himself will dwell with us, and we will be His people. Our real, forever home will be forever wonderful! 

Insight: Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine! O what a foretaste of glory divine! Heir of salvation, purchase of God, born of his Spirit, washed in his blood.  (Fanny Crosby, 1873)

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 16 Sep 2016, 9:06 pm

Date: September 16, 2016 at 12:20 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Awaiting His Return

Awaiting His Return

"He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing." 1Thessalonians 5:10-11

Scripture Focus: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-5:11

When my friend’s oldest grandson was about five years old, he commented, "Honey, you're such an encourager!" He turned and asked, “Grandpa, what do encouragers do?" Groping for words he could comprehend, my friend explained, "They take some of their courage and share it with someone else who needs it!" 

Early Christians frequently encouraged one another with the promise of Christ's return, as do modern-day believers in persecuted countries. With joy and eager anticipation they spoke (and still speak) of heaven and of the Lord's return. Paul's words of encouragement to the early believers detailed the Lord's coming and built them up to weather the storms of persecution that assailed them. 

Friends have shared with me that heaven was so much closer, having met with tragic loss or life-threatening illness. My urgent, distracted life had previously dulled my vision of the Lord's coming and heaven, but when my mother went to be with Jesus, I gathered courage by knowing that heaven's joys were now a present reality for her.

Insight: Consider how you might build up one another in your church or family by encouraging each other with the eternal view of Jesus' return.

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 41 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 31 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum