World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 27 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyToday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyToday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyToday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyToday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyToday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyToday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyToday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Eddie Need Prayer please EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Eddie Need Prayer please

Go down

Eddie Need Prayer please Empty Eddie Need Prayer please

Post  Admin Sun 26 Oct 2014, 12:03 am

PRAYER FOR MY SON ROBERT BROOKS‏

Dear brothers and sisters  greetings in the name  of Jesus.

I am writing for myself though it may sound selfish but the below verse has come to be a reality in my life . This is a huge miracle.
After 22 years of obeying the Lord by going to Turkey albeit sometimes alone, my son gave his life to Jesus. Praise  the Lord. The scripture  below is  real in my life presently. I thought it would never happen
Acts 16:31 (ASV) | 31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus, and thou shalt be saved, thou and thy house.

We have a problem . I am distraught help me to pray. He has been in jail for 14 months and he goes before the judge Tuesday  for sentencing. We need prayer for God to be glorified in every thought, word and deed on the part of the authorities. My son expects the worse but I wrote the judge a copy is below. I raised my son without the benefit of a spiritual home. That is the past and God has forgiven me. Now we have a good relationship now and he is coming out of the pit.

We need your prayers and I know some of you are already praying. Pray as you feel. Please pray over this letter which I sent and it was received/signed for by his office.

Thank you for listening and for your prayers

eddie a servant of the Infinite Servant Jesus.

PS: letter to the judge who adjudicate  Robert 'S case.

"Reference:  Robert E. Brooks no.1306465                                                  10/20/2014

"Dear Honorable Judge Patrick Butler:

I am the father of Robert E. Brooks   ref.  above. Purpose of this letter is to let you  know how much I love my son and how much he loves me plus to say something in his behalf would impress you to show leniency in behalf of my only son.

In 1977 his mother and I split leaving Robert with me to   raise. We played soccer, Tae Quando , bike races. and  fished weekly. He excelled in all he did.  I had a drinking problem.

I entered AA and have never drink since as you can see above I am entrenched in the Lord’s work. The key factor in my sobriety was Robert who enrolled in Alateen. I stayed sober in part as an example to Robert. He was with me all the way. But his mother decided to take Robert and he went to live with her but I stayed in touch with him helping as I could.

He moved to Boulder, graduated from college, married  and started a thriving GYM . He has a son that he calls three times a day. Even after he started using again he took care of his son doing the same things I did for Robert when he was the age of his son.

My son and I had no close relationship due to his using and abusing alcohol until the last 4-5 months when he called me even in Turkey apologizing for his past actions of rebellion and arrogance and anger. Further he repeatedly says “dad I love you. My actions are not your fault. Don’t feel guilty etc etc” I could go all day writing positive  words that he has said but I believe you are a wise judge and you have heard it all  . Just one more thing to hear my son sincerely repeatedly say” I love you”

Then I can die in peace knowing whatever the outcome my son loves me sober!!!!

In this respect even though I continue (22 years) to go to Turkey to witness for the Lord , I was poisoned and use a machine to keep my lungs clear after incurring double pneumonia.  Also my mother left me a gift of Parkinson's on the left side and tremors on the right side of my body. How much longer I can live with these complications only God knows. In the meantime they found a latent tumor. Ouch!!

I hope I have said something that would touch you and mitigate his sentence so I can be with my son on the outside. He does not want me to see him behind bars.

I believe Robert has changed for the better .He said” I have reached my bottom”. If  I did not believe so I would not be writing this letter. His mother is deceased and I am all he’s got left.

Respectfully submitted "

Edwin C. Brooks Major USA RET
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down