World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 40 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 40 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
Focus Talents and Tithing EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Focus Talents and Tithing

Go down

Focus Talents and Tithing Empty Re: Focus Talents and Tithing

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:14 pm

When I asked for this discussion it sprung from something I received in my mail.
Not much later I had PC probs and as I am a bit stretched for time...... please excuse me at this point from bringing what I wanted to say and post what brought this subject to mind at a later time from opening post.
I was hoping to open this question about what sometimes our talent is expressed as a gift one has sometimes,.... although used in a parable:
is Jesus saying what he expect of us?
Would be interesting to read if Members believe this is an important message to us as Christians and especially HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THIS?
A Lone Talent?
Edward Damas
Jun 17, 2006

In Matt.25: 14-30, Jesus told a parable about the talents to be used in His vineyard. A man traveling to a far country called his own servants and delivered his goods to them. He gave five talents to one, to another two, and to another one, to each according to his own ability, and immediately he went on a journey.
But he who had received five talents went and traded with them, and made another five talents. Similarly, he who had received two gained two more also. But he who had received one talent went and dug in the ground, and hid his lord's money.

After a long time, the lord of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. To those who had gained five more talents and two more talents respectively, he told them, "Well done, good and faithful servant; thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord".

He who had received the one talent, came and said, "Lord, I knew thee that thou art an hard man, reaping where thou hast not sown, and gathering where thou hast not strawed: And I was afraid, and went and hid thy talent in the earth: lo, there thou hast that is thine".

His lord told him, "Thou wicked and slothful servant, thou knewest that I reap where I sowed not, and gather where I have not strawed: Though oughtest, therefore, to have put my money to the exchangers, and then at my coming I should have received mine own with usury".

This parable teaches us a very important lesson. Talent means an ancient unit of weight and of money. The Lord has delivered His goods to the members of His body. He then gives "talents" to them, according to their own ability, for trading. The Lord has entrusted His goods to the members of His body because He trusts them. All His goods belong to them because He is the Lord of the earth also. Secondly, He gives them, according to their ability, His talents. He does not distribute the talents in an equitable manner amongst His servants. He chooses to give more talents to some people, and to give lesser talents to some other people.

Talent means "material prosperity". We are all His ministers/servants. The Lord has given us His talents, according to our own ability. He wants all of us to trade with His talents. After accepting Jesus Christ as our Savior, all our material possessions belong to Him only, and we are supposed to use the same for the extension of His Kingdom on earth. Moreover, He has blessed some of us with more wealth or money after accepting Him.

Those ministers to whom He has given five talents are required to use the given material prosperity to bring in equal or more material prosperity for His body, and not lesser than the standard measurement fixed by Him. The talents and the additional talents are for His body only, and for us. If God has materially prospered you, you have to make use of your wealth for His body. In case any of His servants has misappropriated His talents, the Lord will judge them. They have to return the talents along with the equal quantity of additional talents.

Now His sword falls on those who are given "the one talent". Nobody can have any excuse that he/she does not have any talent at all. There are great multitudes in the body of Christ who fall under this category. "The one talent" means such amount of wealth or money, which, if compared to those with five and two talents, would be lesser in quantity. It cannot be measured by human standards but by divine standards.
The person who has got the lone talent cannot tell God that God has not given him that talent. The person who has received the lone talent cannot take the plea before the Lord that he could not make use of it because he had received lesser than the other two persons.

What is wrong with the person who has received the lone talent? Jesus calls him, "Thou wicked and slothful servant". He/she is in fact a shirker in the body of Christ. There are many who do not want to labor in the vineyard of God today with the lone talent saying that they have received only one talent. They have dug in the ground and buried the lone talent. They could have given the lone talent for some mission field or Christian organization if they do not want to get themselves involved in evangelical work.

If you use the lone talent for His vineyard, the Lord will definitely get the return in the form of that lone talent. In other words, your money or wealth used for His vineyard will bring about due blessings upon His body. As you minister to the servants of God who are directly involved in various ministries through the one talent, the servants of God concerned will get equipped to labor in His vineyard. The administration of this service, not only supplies the needs of the saints but also is abounding through many thanksgivings to God (2 Cor.9: 12).

The judgment on the person who had received the one talent and who could not deliver the additional one talent is very terrible. The Lord does not expect more talents in return for the lone talent. The Lord will not only take away the lone talent from the unprofitable servant and give the same to another who has ten talents but will also order him to be cast into "the outer darkness" where there will be "weeping and gnashing of teeth". Many people, on the second advent of Jesus, will lose their reward of ruling with Him but will find themselves in a place called "outer darkness".

The majority of us must have "the one talent" given by our Lord. We are born-again Christians, filled with His Spirit. What about the one talent given to us by our Lord? Now the Lord who had gone to a far country is about to come. By not making use of the lone talent, we should not find ourselves in "outer darkness". This parable is a warning to us!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:14 pm

Topic: Talent

originally "a balance," then, "a talent in weight," was hence "a sum of money" in gold or silver equivalent to a "talent." The Jewish "talent" contained 3,000 shekels of the sanctuary, e.g., Ex. 30:13 (about 114 lbs.). In NT times the "talent" was not a weight of silver, but the Roman-Attic "talent," comprising 6,000 denarii or drachmas, and equal to about f240. It is mentioned in Matthew only, Matt. 18:24; 25:15,16,20 (twice in the best texts),22 (thrice),24,25,28 (twice). In Matt. 18:24 the vastness of the sum, 10,000 talents (f2,400,000), indicates the impossibility of man's clearing himself, by his own efforts, of the guilt which lies upon him before God.
Note: That the "talent" denoted "something weighed" has provided the meaning of the Eng. word as "a gift or ability," especially under the influence of the parable of the talents (Matt. 25:14-30).

denotes "of a talent's weight," Rev. 16:21.
£1,020,000 In todays money

Quite a sum

Steve
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:13 pm

A talent is about 75 pounds in weight. Funnily enough, in the Old Testament it always measures gold or silver, but (and correct me if I'm wrong) the only thing a talent explicitly describes is the weight of the hailstones that fall from the sky as part of the seventh bowl of wrath as described in Revelation 16.

CUL8TR!!
Sorry, I missed out the words "in the New Testament". Please insert in the appropriate place.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Focus Talents and Tithing Empty Focus Talents and Tithing

Post  Admin Sat 17 Jan 2009, 2:11 pm

Talents & Tithing
Often we hear it said God has given you a talent.
Other occasion it is used to describe as term of money.
what is the difference if any?
With Scriptures to back up.

..................and please
Can we generate light not heat

Elaine.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content