World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 29 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 2 Bots

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples - Page 27 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 27 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Sun 23 Dec 2018, 1:02 am

December 22

Today's Reading: Micah 6; Revelation 13

Today’s Thoughts: Who is Like Our God?

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
Who is a God like You, Pardoning iniquity And passing over the transgression of the remnant of His heritage? He does not retain His anger forever, Because He delights in mercy. He will again have compassion on us, And will subdue our iniquities. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea. -   Micah 7:18-19 

Have you ever known anyone who truly delights in mercy? Think about it for a moment. How many of us really enjoy extending mercy to others? I am not talking about the kind of mercy that we give in times of need or extend to someone because we feel sorry for them. I am talking about the kind of mercy that the Lord extends to us on a continual basis. And not only does the Lord grant us this mercy, but also the Bible says He loves to do it. Isaiah 30:18 says the Lord waits (or longs) to be gracious to us. Sometimes we need to be reminded of how good God is to us. There is no one like our God.

We also need to be reminded of something else concerning our awesome God: He pardons our iniquities and casts our sins into the depths of the sea. He remembers them no more (Isaiah 43:25). So often, we are the ones who hold on to our sins, not God. We are the ones who condemn ourselves, not God. We are the ones who judge ourselves harshly, not God. And, we are the ones who cannot forgive ourselves, but God does. Jesus says that we are to come to His throne of grace with boldness and to take His mercy with the love to which it is extended to us. Jesus died for us so that we may live in freedom, knowing that all of our sins are forgiven, even the ones we have yet to commit.

To our friends, We pray that today can be a new day for you. We pray that you will accept God's mercy and grace with open arms. We pray that you, in turn, will begin to delight in doing the same for others. We pray that you will fall in love with this awesome God who truly does delight in forgiving all of your sins and waits just to be kind and gracious to you. Ask the Lord to open your heart to receive His mercy and take hold of all that He has for you.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 22 Dec 2018, 12:45 am

What Christmas is About

Of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end, upon the throne of David and over His kingdom, to order it and establish it with judgment and justice from that time forward, even forever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.—Isaiah 9:7

As we look at our world today, we realize that part of the promise of Isaiah 9:6–7 has not yet been fulfilled. The Son has been given. The Child has been born. But He has not yet taken the government upon His shoulders. We do not yet have peace with judgment and justice. But the good news is that there will come a day when Christ will return. He will establish His kingdom on this earth. And it will be the righteous rule of God himself.

Before Jesus could take the government upon His shoulder, He had to take the cross upon His shoulder. Before He could wear the crown of glory as King of Kings, He had to wear the shameful crown of thorns and give His life as a sacrifice for the sins of the world. The first time, a star marked His arrival. But the next time He comes, the heavens will roll back like a scroll, all of the stars will fall from the sky, and He himself will light it.

Christ came to this earth. God came near to you so you can come near to Him—to give your life purpose and meaning, to forgive you of your sins, and to give you the hope of heaven beyond the grave. Christmas is not about tinsel or shopping or presents. Christmas is not about the gifts under the tree. Rather, Christmas is about the gift that was given on the tree when Christ died there for our sins and gave us the gift of eternal life.

Copyright ©️ 2011 by Harvest Ministries. All rights reserved.
Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright ©️ 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 20 Dec 2018, 5:53 pm

God’s Gift to Us (Part 2)

For unto us a Child is born, unto us a Son is given; and the government will be upon His shoulder.  And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.—Isaiah 9:6

We celebrate Christmas in order to rejoice over God’s most precious gift to us. The birth of Jesus Christ is a gift from God that came in simple wrapping, as well as a gift we don’t deserve. But the gift of Christ also explains His purpose for humankind. 

The gift of Christ was no afterthought. Long before there was a stable in Bethlehem, before Adam and Eve ever set eyes on each other, and even before there existed a garden called Eden, God decided to send His Son Jesus Christ to die on the cross for our sins. 

From the beginning, God knew humankind would fall short of His glory. That is why the Scriptures proclaim that Jesus Christ was slain from the foundation of the world (see Revelation 13:8). 

God made a decision from the very beginning that Christ would come to this earth to live and die and rise again from the dead. God’s gift to us proves His purpose to redeem us.

The gift of Jesus Christ is what Christmas is all about. Jesus came near to us so we could come near to Him. 

Christmas is not about tinsel or shopping or gifts under a tree. Christmas is about the gift God gave on the tree where Christ died for our sins, giving us the gift of eternal life. 

That is what He has accomplished. This is the gift He extends. And if you receive it, you will experience the merriest Christmas of all.

Copyright ©️ 2011 by Harvest Ministries. All rights reserved.
Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright ©️ 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Dec 2018, 12:50 pm

Sun 02/12/2018, 09:05
December 2

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 42; 1 John 1

Today's Thoughts: There is Only One Way

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all. 1 John 1:5

A few years ago, the Lord put a burden on my heart for someone who worked for my husband.   She was a loyal employee, a hard worker and a mature manager. Her ethics and values made her trustworthy and honest. Why would I have a burden for such a good, well-balanced person? She began attending a church and her life began to change. Her church was a Self-Realization Fellowship temple. She learned from them that her good works and good life would gain her much favor when she was reincarnated. If she continued to improve in her good works each time that she returned to earth (in whatever form that might be), then eventually she would reach the pinnacle of her life's goal: she would become god. Believe it or not, this is the teaching of the New Age movement. She bought in to their lies and deceptions.

The Lord gave me the verse listed above and told me to tell her that He is the only Light. I remember the morning that I asked her to come over and have a cup of coffee with me. I told her that the Lord loved her and that He wanted her to know Him. I read 1 John 1:5 to her and said that in God, there is no darkness. She began to cry and she shared with me her fears of darkness. She was struggling and hurting. I talked with her about Jesus and that there is only one true God. Jesus is the only Way. There is no alternative path to everlasting life. The hard part in witnessing to someone in this position is that they will often agree with you. She agreed with me in everything I said about God and that she most certainly believes in God. But, she was not so sure about Jesus being God. She believed in Jesus but she had made Him out to be just a really good man, a prophet and a teacher. She could not accept His sacrifice for her sin, because she convinced herself that, in the end, her good works were all that really mattered. She would earn her way.

She would later leave our company and move on. The differences in our beliefs really stressed our relationship at times. Without realizing it, she changed in ways that made her hard-hearted and opinionated. In denying Jesus, she was continuing to bring increasing darkness into her life. The “good life” is deceptive and blinding. It simply is not possible for us to be "good" people. I still pray for her when the Lord brings her to my mind and I hope that one day she will come to the true Light. For me personally, I learned a lot from going through the experience of witnessing to her. Despite my burden for her soul, I know that only the Lord can save her. If you know someone in this type of cult or other false religion, do not give up praying for them. There is always hope—until their very last breath.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 Dec 2018, 1:59 pm

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 37; 1 Peter 2

Today's Thoughts: The Holy Spirit in You

I will put my Spirit in you and you will live, and I will settle you in your own land. Then you will know that I the LORD have spoken, and I have done it, declares the LORD. - Ezekiel 37:14

When we accept Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior, we receive His Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is God and He is a gift from God the Father that allows us to have a relationship with the Lord. The Spirit of God intercedes for us in prayer as He uses words that enter into the throne room of God when we can only moan and groan. He is our Counselor, our Teacher, our Comfort and our Guide. But the most important eternal promise we receive when the Spirit of God is placed in us is the seal of our salvation as we come alive spiritually for eternity. Amazing!

Do you realize the power you have living inside you? That power raised Lazarus from the dead, healed all kinds of diseases and delivered souls from bondage. That same power is found in you through Jesus. Jesus shows us this power through His indwelling peace. When we receive the Spirit of God, we have peace with God, not peace as the world gives, but the peace of God that surpasses understanding. It is peace that "settles" you. No matter where you are or what you are struggling with, God has settled your soul to have peace with Him.

The peace of God is a promise for you today. Claim it, speak it and live in it. Throw off the distractions of illness, financial loss, negative comments, guilt, and self-condemnation. And let the peace of Christ dwell in you richly. Nothing can interfere with the love Christ has for you and the peace that is yours by knowing Him. All these things on earth will pass away, but your security for eternity is fixed. Fix your eyes on Jesus by reading His Word. Get a verse today that you can claim as a promise and live beyond the struggles. Cast your cares upon the Lord for He cares for you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Nov 2018, 6:34 pm

Fri 30/11/2018, 09:06
Today's Reading: Ezekiel 35; 2 Peter 1

Today’s Thoughts: Life After Death

But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge, to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness, to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. - 2 Peter 1:5-8

My friend’s husband passed away a few months ago. My friend has now found herself with a new identity of becoming a widow. The Lord asks us to take care of widows and orphans frequently in the Bible so I do feel an added obligation to listen intently and meet their needs.

My friend was talking out loud. There were times of definite grief in her words and then she would try to gain some strength to make plans. I was driving so it was easy to remain quiet as she cycled through these out loud thoughts until she said something that immediately broke my silence.

Her words, “Well, I am 53 and getting older. It’s ok to be a widow. I do not have much longer to live either. I will just be around for my kids until it’s my time to join him.”
I turned my head towards her and said, “You could have another 35 strong years! Age is not a factor in treating cancer or having heart surgery.  My husband did heart surgery on a patient who was 98 years old and the patient did fine. Age is not a factor in determining what you can and cannot do!”

God called Moses into full-time, hard-core ministry at 80 and then He called Joshua at the same age. Who are we to say that we have reached an age to maintain status quo?  Until the Lord returns or we literally go to Him, there is work on this earth to do, discover and explore.

I told my friend, “You need to get into an exercise class, take up a hobby, volunteer at something that fills your heart, become involved with a mission that focuses your prayers. Move, shift gears, be willing to change.”

If we want to admit it or not, there are certain circumstances in life that causes change. We need to embrace the change in honor of the Lord. Keep the faith and push forward.

I think that is why Jesus told us that the death of a spouse frees the remaining spouse. It is much easier to take on the loved-one’s death than to live without the loved-one.

As a former ICU nurse, I have had to deal with life and death issues a lot. Despite our belief system, all of us struggle with sickness, disease, stress disorders, aging bodies and eventually death.  We pray for healing to the day we die because it brings rays of hope. Let’s make every day count instead of counting down every day. Let’s live our lives to the fullest, giving God the glory for the fullest of His faithfulness in giving us one more day. The term “life after death” is true in many aspects.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Nov 2018, 3:13 pm

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 33; 1 Peter 5

Today's Thoughts: Perfect in Suffering

But may the God of all grace, who called us to His eternal glory by Christ Jesus, after you have suffered a while, perfect, establish, strengthen, and settle you. - 1 Peter 5:10
 learn more about RevenueStripe...
The word "suffer" is not a word that brings comfort or peace. When we hear someone is suffering, we feel concern, sympathy and even sadness for that person. The definition for suffering means "to experiencea sensation or impression (usually painful)." The other fact that we as Christians must deal with is that God allows suffering. Nothing on this planet or in the universe happens without God's approval.

Why does this loving, gracious God allow tragedies that bring such suffering? Why does evil persist, even in homes and families who seek the Lord the most? These and many more questions are asked when we try to make sense of God's ways. Satan has taken full advantage of these events in our lives; at least he has tried to. Have you ever had thoughts like: "Why should I believe that doing things God's way brings me any assurance of protection or blessings?" Or, "If God loves me then why is He letting this happen to me?" The same logic applies when we turn those same thoughts to others. People hurt us, so let's not trust people anymore. Circumstances hurt us, so let's control everything we possibly can to prevent being hurt (Hurt, by the way, is just another description for suffering.).

The bottom-line answer is that we will never fully understand why God does what He does. We must live as He has told us to live—by faith. We must believe and trust that the Lord has a reason for everything that happens to us. When we dig into His Word and study His teachings, then we will have more peace in those times of confusion and pain. Today's verse is an example of how we can find peace and hope in times of suffering. We should pray this verse and meditate on it as we are going through those times of suffering. If we can look beyond our pain for the moment and pray to see the bigger picture that God has for us, then we can find hope and even peace in what we are going through. Even in the midst of great tragedies that tempt us to ask God "why," we can trust that He has a much greater plan than what we see in the short term. The question for us is whether or not we will trust Him or turn from Him.

Take time today to really meditate on the verse above. Take comfort and trust the Lord to "perfect, establish, strengthen and settle you" after you have suffered a while. Only God knows the timing of such things. Pray for the perseverance to endure.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 Nov 2018, 12:16 pm

Today's Reading: Ezekiel 30; 1 Peter 4 

Today's Thoughts: Hypocrisy 

Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed; for before certain men came from James, he would eat with the Gentiles; but when they came, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing those who were of the circumcision.  And the rest of the Jews also played the hypocrite with him, so that even Barnabas was carried away with their hypocrisy. - Galatians 2:11-13

The Apostle Paul was a bold man in his faith. He seemed to have no problem confronting Peter about his hypocrisy. At the time this letter was written, the Gentiles were new converts into the salvation of Jesus Christ. The Jews had always been God's chosen people, circumcised and set apart, and were never to associate (especially to eat) with the heathen Gentiles. The Jewish prominence and exclusivity was abolished when Jesus died on the cross for all sins, for all people. Paul was the apostle to the Gentiles and he would not tolerate the contradictory behavior of his fellow Jews, especially from their leader, Peter. The leader has tremendous influence on the others, as seen in Barnabas' behavior in following Peter as well.

This holiday season will bring many families together for meals and fellowship. How will you behave in front of your un-believing family member? Will you stand firm as Paul and make your faith in Jesus Christ your standard of behavior? Or, will you go with the flow of the others and return to past traditions like Peter? A change is especially hard in families where traditions do not glorify God. If you are new to Christ, you may have a hard time with the old traditions, but will have a harder time going against them. Fear of ridicule and rejection are common to many of us who have had to go through these changes. It is much easier to just go with the family consensus and keep the peace. But is that what God wants you to do?

Regardless of where you find yourself in these situations, please remember to pray about them. Holiday gatherings tend to be times of deep-rooted family rituals—too much food, too much drink, too much indulgence of many kinds. As a child of God, pray for wisdom and discernment in these situations. God may not be telling you to be a Paul and confront all your family members. Paul confronted his brother in Christ, Peter. You, however, can set an example by simply not partaking in the behaviors that you know would not glorify Jesus. You never know who else will follow your lead. Do not criticize or judge. Hypocrites are those who judge others while committing the same acts. Let your actions be without hypocrisy. Pray in advance.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 27 Nov 2018, 11:44 am

Today’s Reading: Ezekiel 27; 1 Peter 3

Today’s Thoughts: In Whose Strength?

“…then you say in your heart, 'My power and the might of my hand have gained me this wealth’” - Deuteronomy 8:17

I was talking to someone the other day who has been up and down financially more than I could personally handle. He has been very successful in more than one business venture, only to lose it all, and then start over again. This last venture; however, has cost him greatly. Great amounts of money have gone into something that now sits in a warehouse, with little hope of distribution. What is he going to do? In his own words, “I am going back to church.” The key point here is the word back. At one time, he and his wife were involved in their church, gave to missions, and looked for ways to use their financial blessings to bless others. Then, as the business grew, they got busier, and had less time for the things of God. Before long, they even stopped attending church.

The Lord warned the Israelites to be very careful when they entered the new land of promise and prosperity. They would be tempted to think that their success and wealth were of their own doing. Or they would forget God when they felt satisfied with their prosperity. They would serve mammon rather than God. But the Lord wanted them to remember that He was the One who brought them up from the land of Egypt. He was the One who delivered them from slavery and bondage. He was the One who brought them to this land of blessings. We can be so arrogant as humans. Not only do we start to think that we have made our own way by our own strength, but also we turn away from the One who blessed us so wonderfully. That is what happened to the Israelites and that is what happened to my friend.

When times are hard, we cry out to God for help. We press into Him. He is our only hope. We tend to be less attentive to God when we are doing well and life is cruising along. Regardless of where you are today, remember one thing: You have a Lord and Savior who only wants you. We have a Lord who desires to be with us, have a relationship with us, and wants us to desire Him above anything else in the world. He is a jealous God and He will do whatever it takes to get our attention. Draw closer to Him today. Pray that you do not fall away. If you have, then come back to Him. Do not get caught up in the things of life and lose sight of your relationship with Jesus. Stay with Him so He does not have to come get you back.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Nov 2018, 1:56 pm

Today’s Reading: Lamentations 3; Hebrews 10:19-39

Today’s Thoughts: Staying Spiritual During the Holidays

“And you will have joy and gladness and many will rejoice at His birth.” - Luke 1:14 

If the holidays are about our faith, family and food feasts, then why do we struggle the most with staying spiritual during these times? Shouldn’t these times bring us peace on earth and joy to the world? But the reality for many of us is that we become emotionally stressed out, financially maxed out and physically burned out trying to keep up and keep it all together. Day after day, we become burned out and stressed out and now, our faith becomes affected as we start questioning God, “Are You hearing me?” and “Why won’t You help me?” Like Eve in the garden, we question God’s goodness and His basic command. Eve exchanged the peace of God for a piece of fruit but we exchange His presence for presents.  The serpent tempted Eve to compromise and we know that Jesus called him a murderer from the beginning. He is still up to the same old tricks. We are allowing the enemy to have too much influence at times. He kills our dreams, steals our peace and destroys our hope for the future. Jesus came to earth to reverse the process of death and yet our undisciplined lifestyle of choosing not to obey can lead to negative consequences in our lives.

To stay spiritually minded during the holidays, we need to keep our eyes focused on the Lord and include Him in our thoughts. Instead of talking to ourselves, we need to start talking to Him and then give Him the time to talk back. The enemy will use every scheme he can against us to distract us from maintaining a walk with the Lord. It has been said, “If the devil cannot make you bad, he will make you busy.” To combat the temptations to over commit in your time and finances, we must stay in the Word of God to renew our minds and to surrender to His will over our natural-born desires. Through the Holy Spirit, we can overcome and live a life pleasing to God that brings peace in the midst of chaos.

Joy to the world begins with each of us individually. Joy cannot come without the conscious awareness of the Lord’s promised presence wherever we go and whatever we do. By allowing our thoughts to think about God in the daily routines of life, we allow the Lord to have the ability to move through our actions. Only then can we truly maintain the Spirit of Christmas and sing the song, “Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me.”

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Nov 2018, 12:16 pm

Today's Reading: Lamentations 1; Hebrews 10:1-18

Today’s Thoughts: A Blessing For Others

And Laban said to him, "Please stay, if I have found favor in your eyes, for I have learned by experience that the Lord has blessed me for your sake." Then he said, "Name me your wages, and I will give it." So Jacob said to him, "You know how I have served you and how your livestock has been with me. For what you had before I came was little, and it has increased to a great amount; the Lord has blessed you since my coming. And now, when shall I also provide for my own house?" - Genesis 30:27-30

Jacob had two wives and eleven children and he wanted to return to his own land. The time had come for him to leave his father-in-law, Laban, but Laban was not ready to let Jacob go. Both men acknowledged the blessings upon Laban’s house as being from the Lord. Jacob lived with and worked for Laban for over 20 years and both men prospered greatly, but the blessings came to Laban because the Lord’s hand was upon Jacob.

The same should be true of the Christian today. Because we know the Lord Jesus, our lives should bring blessings to others. The blessings come in many ways, such as recognizable calmness in our presence and stability. Many times, others do not want to admit that their blessings are a result of the Christian’s convictions and prayers. The unbeliever’s pride causes them to take the glory for themselves. But as Christians, our lives do bless others. In time, God will get the glory as the fruit of our lives, as well as the testimony of our mouths, will clearly point to His intervention

Are others blessed because of you? Even if you are the only Christian in your family, God’s hand is on you and your home will be covered with your prayers. Continue to pray for your family and seek the Lord’s blessings over those who do not yet know Him. Press on to not grow weary in doing good. Wherever we go, we bring the Lord’s presence because His Holy Spirit lives within us. We need to acknowledge the Lord’s blessings not only in our own lives but also in the lives of those around us. Let your light shine to those around you and give God the glory for all things.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 Nov 2018, 12:51 pm

Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 51, Hebrews 9

Today’s Thoughts: A Good Sharpening

As iron sharpens iron, So a man sharpens the countenance of his friend. - Proverbs 27:17

Today's verse is one that is quoted often when referring to healthy and productive friendships. Just as iron is used to sharpen iron, a man or woman is used to sharpen his or her friend. What is this verse really saying? How do we apply this wise proverb to our friendships?

To sharpen a knife (even the basic kitchen knife) we must use a metal tool designed to sharpen the blade. Wood will not do the job, nor will plastic or glass. Certain types of stones were used in ancient times but many of the knives were also composed of stones or metallic substances. It takes a substance of similar strength and durability to handle the friction required to sharpen the object. Sharpening in itself is a process of fine grinding, requiring just enough to remove the dull edges. How does this compare to sharpening a friend? The knife is without a will of its own. It is in complete submission to the person doing the sharpening. Friends, however, have wills and opinions, and are much less likely to submit.

To sharpen the countenance of a friend we must first love them. When our motives are founded on love, our words and actions will reflect the love in our hearts. The Bible tells us to speak the truth in love and that without love, nothing we do really matters anyway. It is when we truly love a friend that we are willing to take the steps necessary to sharpen them. Just as with a knife, the process requires friction, some grinding and the removal of bad edges. And, just as with a knife, a person of similar strength and durability is required to handle the job. Sharpening involves heat, intensity and duration. A loving friend knows when heat and friction are needed, despite how long or intense the process. A loving friend is honest, even to the point of pain. If we are willing to submit to that friend, then we will be sharpened. Friends willing to work through these things in the Lord will bear much fruit together.

Do you have a friend who sharpens you? Are you the kind of friend who sharpens others? God has given us friends for His purposes. We have the greatest Friend of all as Jesus calls us His friends. He will sharpen us if we submit to Him. Friendships based on prayer and love will result in growth and maturity. Pray for your friends today. Ask the Lord to lead you in how to sharpen them. Also, ask the Lord to help you receive their counsel. If we place everything in God's hands, He will work through us in mighty ways. And one of the greatest ways to see God work is through our friendships.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 07 Nov 2018, 7:35 pm

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 37; Hebrews 3

Today's Thoughts: Get out of the Boat

Jesus said to them, "Come and eat breakfast." Yet none of the disciples dared ask Him, "Who are You?" knowing that it was the Lord. - John 21:12

Do you ever find yourself wanting to ask a question when in reality you already know the answer? Jesus had already appeared to His disciples several times since His resurrection. But the disciples were still waiting for direction on how to go forward. So in the meantime, some of them decided to go fishing, their occupation before they followed Jesus. On this particular morning, as they were returning from their fishing, they looked up from their boat and saw a Man cooking breakfast on the shore. They did not need to ask who it was; they knew it was Jesus. I wonder if that moment punctuated their last fishing trip, as Peter jumped out of the boat to make his way towards Jesus. He did not have to ask Whowas waiting on him; he just knew.

At times in our Christian lives, we look back at those things we used to do. We may even question whether we should go fishing again. Maybe we keep going back to old ways and habits, even though we know we should have gotten out of that boat a long time ago. If Peter and John had not stopped fishing and had stayed with their boat, what all would they have missed? They left it the first time Jesus asked them when He said, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of men." (Matthew 4:19) Now, they are leaving their boat for the final time, never to return to their former lives again. From this moment on, they would live and die for the message of the gospel of their Lord Jesus Christ.

Maybe today you need to look up from your boat. How far are you from the shore? You are never too far away from Jesus. If you look for Him, you will find Him. When you see that Person who seems familiar, you really do not need to ask who it is. Jesus is always with you, wanting to feed and comfort you. Maybe He is asking you to get out of the boat and come towards Him. Maybe He wants to make you “fishers of men.” Is it a “maybe” or a “definitely”? I think we all know the answer to that question too. Today is the day to stop asking and start knowing and get moving.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 06 Nov 2018, 11:24 am

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 34; Hebrews 2

Today's Thoughts: Our Great High Priest

Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. - Hebrews 4:14-15

For the Jews, there was no higher office than that of the High Priest. The High Priest held a position of religious supremacy and honor. He was the one responsible for the cleansing of sins for the people on the Day of Atonement. On this holy day, the High Priest would enter the Holy of Holies. Through the acts passed down from Moses and Aaron (animal sacrifices, the sprinkling of blood, and prayers offered on behalf of the people), the High Priest would make atonement for their sins. In the book of Hebrews, we learn how Jesus Christ came to earth as the final High Priest. Not only was He the High Priest, but also He was also the Sacrifice. His death on the cross ended the need for the man-held position of High Priest, sacrifice and the Day of Atonement. Jesus took care of it all.  

Not only was Jesus the High Priest, the Sacrifice and the Savior, but also He was still a person in flesh and blood. For us today, this point is so very important to grasp. Because Jesus was here on this earth in a human body, He understands everything we go through. Jesus experienced feelings, hurts, weaknesses and temptations, just as we do. He knows what it is to suffer, to hurt, to be rejected, ridiculed and mocked. Jesus got angry at the Pharisees, He cried over Lazarus and He showed great compassion to a prostitute. But, Jesus was God. He did not sin. He was the perfect, spotless Lamb—the ultimate and final Sacrifice. Why did Jesus go through all of this for us? Love. He loved us then. He loves us now. He has always loved us. He wants us to be with Him, now and forever. The only way to be with Jesus is to believe that He is the Son of God, the Son who came to earth as a Man, and who offered His life on our behalf as the final atonement for all sin.  

Take time today to start reading the book of Hebrews. If parts of it seem hard to understand, pray for the Holy Spirit to open your minds to comprehend the Scriptures. Pray and meditate on those verses that stick out, or the ones that seem the hardest to grasp. If you will commit the time to the study of God's Word, you will grow closer to Jesus in more ways than you can imagine. You will see Him as One who understands you better than anyone else and who loves you more than anyone else can.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 05 Nov 2018, 1:08 pm

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 32:1-19; Hebrews 1

Today's Thoughts: Hope for the Promises

“Behold, the days are coming,' says the Lord, 'that I will perform that good thing which I have promised to the house of Israel and to the house of Judah.” - Jeremiah 33:14

There are times when I wonder if God will ever answer certain prayers of mine. There are prayers that I pray knowing that the Lord has put them in my heart. I have verses of Scripture and biblical illustrations to support these same prayers. I keep journals that detail the dates and descriptions of the promises the Lord has given me.  But still I wait and wonder, not about the what but about the when and the how. Where is my faith?

These are the times when I stop and reflect more closely at what I know about my God. I must remind myself of His character traits. Unlike me, He is perfect in every way—so perfect that He is not capable of doing anything out of His character. For example, one of God’s character traits is love. 1 John 4:7-8 says that “love is of God” and that “God is love.” Therefore, everything God does is motivated by love. If the Lord has me waiting and has not answered certain prayers, then His reasons for waiting are based upon His love for me. Another example of God’s character traits is that He is truth, perfect truth. Titus 1:2 says God cannot lie. He is incapable of lying; therefore, everything He has promised me will come to pass. God keeps His promises. But I must remember that He controls the timing, the process and the outcomes, for He is God.

When I step back, I can understand more clearly than when I am in the midst of being anxious over things. We all have seasons in life where we wonder if, and when, God will answer certain prayers. It is in these times that I find myself being tested most in my relationship with the Lord. Do I really know Him and believe Him and trust Him? I go to His Word and start asking for help and comfort. I confess my lack of faith. I am honest about my anxieties and worries. Then, I know I just need to be still and know that He is God. Before long, I am praising Him and my hope has returned. Don’t give up and don’t give in to the temptation to be discouraged and dismayed. Remind yourself of just who God is, what His true character is, and let His Word fill you with hope and joy for the promises that He has given you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 04 Nov 2018, 2:17 pm

Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 30; Philemon 1

Today’s Thoughts: Seeing Jesus

When they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no one but Jesus only. - Matthew 17:8

Have you ever gazed upon something so spectacular that you lost yourself in the moment? The beauty of God’s creation can bring such moments. I remember the first time I stood on the ledge of the Grand Canyon. I could barely fathom what my eyes were seeing. I could only thank the Lord, not just for this awesome sight before me, but for the blessing of being able to see it with my own eyes. In itself, the human eye consists of some of the most amazing biological and physiological designs in all of creation. The intricate details of how the eye actually works are of continual study. Despite man’s ever-increasing knowledge and technology, we are still limited in understanding the depths of this incredible sense. Only God knows how our eyes work because He is the One who made them, just for us.

What will it be like on that day when we stand before Jesus and we lift up our eyes to see Him? How can such beauty and glory even be imagined? As the song says, “I can only imagine.” On earth we are limited in these physical bodies. There are those who have no sight, having never seen anything through their eyes. Countless others will lose their sight for various reasons. And, of the rest of us, many will lose components of our vision, whether near-sighted, far-sighted or color blind. Age has a way of dimming the lights of life. But one day, those of us who know Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior will see “no one but Jesus only.” In that day, there will be no physical limitations to keep us from seeing our Jesus, in splendor and majesty more breathtaking than anything we have ever seen on this earth.

Today, take a moment to thank the Lord for what you can see here on earth. Ask the Lord to keep you from seeing the things that do not glorify Him. Our eyes are the windows to the world and we need to guard what we allow them to look upon. Open God’s Word today, then read and meditate upon the Scriptures. Then close your eyes and ask the Lord to show you what He wants you to see. Spend time in prayer and lose yourself by being in His presence. Turn your eyes upon Jesus today and let Him show you what He wants you to see.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 03 Nov 2018, 12:22 pm

Today’s Verses: Jeremiah 27; Titus 3

Today’s Thoughts: Get God’s Attention

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. I will be found by you, says the Lord, and I will bring you back from your captivity. Jeremiah 29:11-14

The verse above from Jeremiah 29 may be one of the most popular sections of Scripture within the whole Bible. For me personally, it was one of the first that I ever committed to memory. So often, there are times in my life when I just need to hear that the Lord is thinking about me and that He wants to give me “a future and a hope.” Many times, I have difficulty grasping the truth of that statement. The God of the universe, the Lord of heaven and earth, actually has time to think about me? Is that really possible? Not only is it possible but also there is so much more: He wants us to call upon Him, pray to Him, seek Him, find Him, search for Him. God Himself wants us to want Him.

One morning I got up early to pray and knew I needed to spend some time on my knees, literally. As I positioned myself on the floor, my dog soon discovered where I was and proceeded to demand my attention. He began nudging me, licking my face and pressing his body into a position where I could no longer deny his presence. He was insistent to the point that I continued in prayer while petting my dog. I must admit he is irresistible in his persistence and extremely affectionate. In those moments, I sensed the Lord impress upon my heart that He was doing the same thing to me. I knew in that moment that the Lord wanted me to give Him the same kind of attention. He wanted me to know that His love is unconditional, irresistible and affectionate. And He just wants to be loved back. He wants my prayers, but He also wants my never-ending desire to seek and search for Him, to never settle when I may not sense His presence. He is always with me, but sometimes I need to press into Him and not give up until I get His attention.

Just like my dog knew how to get my attention, knowing that I would respond with love and affection, the Lord knows how to get our attention and our response should be the same. But we need to learn how to respond to Him. We need to call upon Him, seek Him and press into Him. We need to give Him our love and affection. He just wants our hearts but He also wants us to sense His nudging. The next time your child or your pet demands your attention, especially in the areas of love and affection, just remember that the Lord is seeking the same kind of attention from you. And no one gives it back better than He does.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 02 Nov 2018, 11:34 am

November 2

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 24; Titus 2

Today's Thoughts: He is Worthy

And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?" - Revelation 5:2

Who is worthy? Who is worthy to do the work of God? Who is worthy to fulfill the plans of God? John tells us in verse 3 that, "no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the book or to look into it." When I first read that verse I thought, "Where is Jesus? Isn't He worthy?" But I was wrong in comparing Jesus to any other created being. Those who are in heaven, on earth or under the earth are all created by God. No created thing is worthy or equal to God Himself.

Next we find John weeping, filled with sorrow that no one could open the book. Do you frequently find yourself weeping over your own inadequacies as well as over the shortcomings of others? It fills our hearts with grief that we can't do all that needs to be done, be all that we know we have the ability to be, or serve the Lord with limitless devotion. We are limited by physical boundaries: our flesh, our sin and time. So when one of the elders said to John, "Stop weeping; behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals" (verse 5), we find such hope and joy that Jesus is not limited. He has overcome, and, through the power of the Holy Spirit, He is helping us to overcome our shortcomings also. Jesus is God and He is worthy to accomplish all the works of God.

We stand before the Lord as a saint only because the blood of Christ covers our sin. The Lord Jesus gives us, unworthy sinful man, the strength to stand before a Holy God. On earth, we too cry with John but one day, we will stop crying. The Lord Jesus will come to our side to say to the Father, "They are worthy—because I died for them."

Oh, trust the Lord today. Allow His power to flow through you. Tell Him you are willing to be that vessel for Him to accomplish all His works.

He is worthy to accomplish all you need, if you are willing to allow Him to work.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 01 Nov 2018, 12:55 pm

October 30

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 20; 2 Timothy 4

Today's Thoughts: Do Not be Unequally Yoked

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? - 2 Corinthinas 6:14

This morning, I was thinking about being “unequally yoked.” (2 Corinthians 6:14) What does that really mean? To what extent does it apply? Like: if you are a doctor, are you not to be in partnership with other doctors? If you are a teacher, are you not to consult with other teachers? If you are a student, are you to not sit in a study group with other students who do not share your convictions, your perspectives, your faith?

Then I was thinking about all the marriages where the two do not agree. It is clear that a believer is not to leave the unbeliever if the unbeliever is willing to stay in the marriage (1 Corinthians 7:12-14), so how do you remain separate or unyoked when your spouse does not share your faith? The Answer: It’s a Spirit-led thing.

We have all heard sermons that have given a black and white/right and wrong message on this passage. I have seen well-intended believers make drastic life-changing decisions because of a Sunday Morning message before seeking the individual counsel of the Lord. Sometimes the Sunday sermon does a disservice to the Spirit-led nature of the Word of God. When a pastor or teacher is sharing, he/she is giving a message that should have touched their heart first. The message is also given for the group as a whole so it will be more generic in nature. As a result, the listener needs to be able to take away what the Spirit of God is saying individually to them, not necessarily with the bent the teacher preached it.

God does not lead us as a group like in Exodus with the moving cloud. He changed the rules and said that now all will know Him (Jeremiah 31:34). I love the freedom of the Word of God and I love how the Spirit moves us at different times with different verses. If the Lord brings to mind the verse “do not be unequally yoked,” it is the believer’s responsibility to say back to the Lord, “What are You impressing on my heart to change? And Lord, please give me the wisdom to know how to apply this change to my life.”

When this verse first came to mind this morning, my mind started jumping to conclusions of all the possibilities the Lord might want me to change. But when I slowed down and asked the Lord those questions today, I realized it was about a social gathering that I am planning to attend. No big changes, no large convictions, just a warning to be wise in my conversations. “Do not yoke in thought with someone because your ears enjoyed hearing the words.”

God is patient and kind. When He tells us to flee and to not be unequally yoked, He will also give us the wisdom to change, move, leave as we trust Him. He will not lead us too quickly or too emotionally or too rashly. The Lord is on an eternal clock and we are called to align with Him, not Him with us.

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 24; Titus 2

Today's Thoughts: He is Worthy

And I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the book and to break its seals?" Revelation 5:2

Who is worthy? Who is worthy to do the work of God? Who is worthy to fulfill the plans of God? John tells us in verse 3 that, "no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the book or to look into it." When I first read that verse I thought, "Where is Jesus? Isn't He worthy?" But I was wrong in comparing Jesus to any other created being. Those who are in heaven, on earth or under the earth are all created by God. No created thing is worthy or equal to God Himself.

Next we find John weeping, filled with sorrow that no one could open the book. Do you frequently find yourself weeping over your own inadequacies as well as over the shortcomings of others? It fills our hearts with grief that we can't do all that needs to be done, be all that we know we have the ability to be, or serve the Lord with limitless devotion. We are limited by physical boundaries: our flesh, our sin and time. So when one of the elders said to John, "Stop weeping; behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the book and its seven seals" (verse 5), we find such hope and joy that Jesus is not limited. He has overcome, and, through the power of the Holy Spirit, He is helping us to overcome our shortcomings also. Jesus is God and He is worthy to accomplish all the works of God.

We stand before the Lord as a saint only because the blood of Christ covers our sin. The Lord Jesus gives us, unworthy sinful man, the strength to stand before a Holy God. On earth, we too cry with John but one day, we will stop crying. The Lord Jesus will come to our side to say to the Father, "They are worthy—because I died for them."

Oh, trust the Lord today. Allow His power to flow through you. Tell Him you are willing to be that vessel for Him to accomplish all His works.

He is worthy to accomplish all you need, if you are willing to allow Him to work. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 31 Oct 2018, 4:00 pm

October 31

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 22; Titus 1

Today's Thoughts: The Lesser Blessed the Greater

Then Joseph brought in his father Jacob and set him before Pharaoh; and Jacob blessed Pharaoh. Pharaoh said to Jacob, "How old are you?" And Jacob said to Pharaoh, "The days of the years of my pilgrimage are one hundred and thirty years; few and evil have been the days of the years of my life, and they have not attained to the days of the years of the life of my fathers in the days of their pilgrimage." So Jacob blessed Pharaoh, and went out from before Pharaoh. - Genesis 47:7-10

Joseph brought his family to Egypt and introduced his father to Pharaoh. Pharaoh is the head guy…he is the President, the Commander in Chief, the main man. In contrast, Jacob is a wanderer, a sojourner, the father of shepherds and a very old man who had to leave his homeland because he and his family would have died of starvation from the famine. But why do the Scriptures say two times: “Jacob blessed Pharaoh?”  How does that happen? How does the empty bless the full? How does the lesser bless the greater? How does the poor possess more than the rich? How does the average overrule the superior? The answer—GOD.

God uses the foolish things of the world to confound the wise. God reveals His will and His blessings to the childlike. God empowers everyday people to fulfill abundant promises without money, without power and without titles. The prayers and praises of the saints have higher ratings and rewards than the most powerful, self sufficient persons on earth.

We have our logic all mixed up down here. If we really understood the ways of the Lord, we would not be held down by difficulty nor be lifted up with pride. When we fix our eyes on the things that matter, we understand that Jacob’s “evil” years of pilgrimage have an eternal value that weighs more than this nameless Pharaoh who lived a life of luxury on earth.

Do you bless others? You are a child of God, just like Jacob. Jacob blessed Pharaoh because of Jacob’s position in the heavenlies. He blessed Pharaoh because Jacob knew what being blessed really meant. Jacob blessed Pharaoh and today, his life still blesses me. Jacob has done more for me than Pharaoh because Jacob’s family brought to us the greatest blessing of all…Jesus. When we really know Jesus, we truly understand what it is to be blessed so that we can freely bless others. Ask the Lord to use you to bless someone today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 30 Oct 2018, 10:07 am

October 30

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 20; 2 Timothy 4

Today's Thoughts: Do Not be Unequally Yoked

Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? - 2 Corinthinas 6:14

This morning, I was thinking about being “unequally yoked.” (2 Corinthians 6:14) What does that really mean? To what extent does it apply? Like: if you are a doctor, are you not to be in partnership with other doctors? If you are a teacher, are you not to consult with other teachers? If you are a student, are you to not sit in a study group with other students who do not share your convictions, your perspectives, your faith?

Then I was thinking about all the marriages where the two do not agree. It is clear that a believer is not to leave the unbeliever if the unbeliever is willing to stay in the marriage (1 Corinthians 7:12-14), so how do you remain separate or unyoked when your spouse does not share your faith? The Answer: It’s a Spirit-led thing.

We have all heard sermons that have given a black and white/right and wrong message on this passage. I have seen well-intended believers make drastic life-changing decisions because of a Sunday Morning message before seeking the individual counsel of the Lord. Sometimes the Sunday sermon does a disservice to the Spirit-led nature of the Word of God. When a pastor or teacher is sharing, he/she is giving a message that should have touched their heart first. The message is also given for the group as a whole so it will be more generic in nature. As a result, the listener needs to be able to take away what the Spirit of God is saying individually to them, not necessarily with the bent the teacher preached it.

God does not lead us as a group like in Exodus with the moving cloud. He changed the rules and said that now all will know Him (Jeremiah 31:34). I love the freedom of the Word of God and I love how the Spirit moves us at different times with different verses. If the Lord brings to mind the verse “do not be unequally yoked,” it is the believer’s responsibility to say back to the Lord, “What are You impressing on my heart to change? And Lord, please give me the wisdom to know how to apply this change to my life.”

When this verse first came to mind this morning, my mind started jumping to conclusions of all the possibilities the Lord might want me to change. But when I slowed down and asked the Lord those questions today, I realized it was about a social gathering that I am planning to attend. No big changes, no large convictions, just a warning to be wise in my conversations. “Do not yoke in thought with someone because your ears enjoyed hearing the words.”

God is patient and kind. When He tells us to flee and to not be unequally yoked, He will also give us the wisdom to change, move, leave as we trust Him. He will not lead us too quickly or too emotionally or too rashly. The Lord is on an eternal clock and we are called to align with Him, not Him with us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 28 Oct 2018, 11:04 am

October 28

Today’s Readings: Jeremiah 15; 2 Timothy 2

Today’s Thoughts: Why We Read the Bible

Your words were found, and I ate them, and Your word was to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart; for I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts. - Jeremiah 15:16

The other day, my husband was asked a question by a friend of his at church. The question took him off guard which is why he asked me the same question. The question: Whydo you read the Bible? At first I thought, “What kind of question is that? We all know why we read the Bible.” As believers, we must know this answer or at least have an answer…right? Isn’t the answer obvious, or is this a trick question? But my husband just kept looking at me and waiting on me to answer.  As I thought about it, I realized the answer was not so obvious, not so easy.

So, I took a moment and asked the Lord to help me with my answer, not to sound haughty, but to glorify Him in my response. The verse above came to my mind, one of my life verses. “Your words were found and I ate them, And [they became] to me the joy and rejoicing of my heart.” My response was fairly short as I quoted this verse and said that without God’s Word, I would die. His words are my daily bread, my living water, and the air I breathe. I cannot live without the daily sustenance provided through His precious, living word. And yet I find myself so often wanting more, being hungry for more of Him and knowing how desperate I am without His continual filling. In reading His Word, I find strength to persevere throughout the day as God’s child. I find wisdom in dealing with daily decisions. I find joy that there is more than what this world has to offer. And I find peace because I know that someone really loves me, despite all my shortcomings. When I discipline myself to read His Word, I not only find answers...I find God. 

How would you answer this question? Why do you read the Bible? Go to the Lord today to find your answer. Ask Him to feed you with His Word, to write it on the tablets of your heart, and to fill your heart with joy and rejoicing. If you have not opened your Bible in a while, start today…you may be surprised at what you find. And you never know when someone may ask you, “Why do you read the Bible?” Think about, and pray for, your answer today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 27 Oct 2018, 10:51 am

October 27

Today’s Readings: Jeremiah 12; 2 Timothy 1

Today’s Thoughts: A Four Letter Word

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. - 2 Timothy 1:7

More than once since I committed this verse to memory I have had to embrace it as truth and pray that I not give in to a “spirit of fear.” I have come to believe that the word “fear” really is a four-letter word and should be considered profanity. Wouldn’t it be great if we could somehow have it censored from all of our thoughts and feelings, like bleeping out a bad word? But instead, fear is very much a part of our reality, even more so than we realize or want to admit. I know there are times when being fearful can be a good thing, such as being afraid of doing something that might bring harm or danger. My husband bought me a motorcycle.I spent a significant amount of time preparing to ride it, taking courses, getting my license, but the bike still sat in the garage. I was hindered with fear from riding it.

The spirit of fear as mentioned in 2 Timothy 1:7 is a different kind of fear. This fear hinders what God has given us: His power, love and sound mind. This fear grips us with doubts and insecurities, waging war with our thoughts and feelings. This kind of fear is not of God but of the enemy, the devil. Fear is one of the greatest weapons Satan uses against us, as it attacks our minds. He tells us that we are no good, not worthy, unloved and useless. These thoughts affect us all, he picks on everyone, no one is spared. How can we fight against such thoughts? By believing the truth of the second part of the verse. God through His Holy Spirit has given us power, love and a sound mind, not in our strength but in His.

Are you dealing with fears today that are gripping you so tightly that you feel helpless and hopeless? How can these fears be conquered? Start by praying for the Lord to open your mind and help you understand how to use the power given by His Holy Spirit. The power precedes love, so next pray for your heart to be filled with His love, knowing that His perfect love casts out fear (1 John 4:18). What a great pair…power and love! Then, ask the Lord to clear your mind and bring to your thoughts His words, taking captive those thoughts not of Him.

O, Lord, I pray that You teach us how to live victorious lives through the empowering love and strength of Your Holy Spirit. And in Jesus name we ask that You break those strongholds of fear that bind us up and keep us from experiencing the peace and joy that You desire for us. Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Oct 2018, 10:20 am

October 26

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 9; 1 Timothy 6

Today's Thoughts: Fight the Good Fight

"Fight the good fight of the faith." - 1Timothy 6:12

Timothy was a young preacher, mentored by Paul and used in a mighty way to spread the Gospel of Christ. Paul knew how much Timothy's faith would be, and was being, tested. He would have to "fight" to keep going or his faith would be shaken. In our world, the word "fight" is heard so often. We hear of fighting actual wars in numerous areas of the world and we fight battles in our own lives every day. As Christians, we may not always be aware of the battles that we are fighting. Sometimes they are manifested in arguments, disputes and areas of stress in our homes. Sometimes they are internalized battles that rage in our minds, frustrating our thoughts and emotions. Ephesians 6 speaks of the battle as a spiritual war, one that tries and tests our faith to the limit, and to the end of our lives. We must learn how to fight to stay in the faith or we will find ourselves desperately weak and shaken.

So, how do we "fight" this "good fight of the faith?" Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the Word of God (Romans 10:17). If we are not in the Word on a daily basis, then deceiving thoughts and feelings have more opportunity to take root within us. The enemy roams about seeking whom he may devour and we are more easily devoured when we are not standing on the promises of God. But not only do we need to read God's word everyday; but also we need to learn how to use it. We must learn how to fight with it.

I challenge you today to read the Bible with a different perspective. Take certain verses and keep them in your thoughts. Speak them against the enemy forces that may attack you. For example, if a thought comes to you like, "God really doesn't care about what I am going through—where is He?" Read Psalm 139 and speak out the verses. Verses 7 & 8 speak about how God never leaves us; no matter where we go, He is there. Verse 17 tells us how much God thinks about us everyday. Take these verses and fight back. Let the Lord strengthen your faith through His word. You will gain strength spiritually, even when the battles rage. Ultimately you will win in the end. Our Lord and Savior Jesus has already won the war for us and He will be with us in every battle we fight. Just remember to take Him with you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 25 Oct 2018, 9:22 am

October 25

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 6; 1 Timothy 5

Today's Thoughts: What Have I Done?

Why has this people slidden back, Jerusalem, in a perpetual backsliding? They hold fast to deceit, They refuse to return. I listened and heard, But they do not speak aright. No man repented of his wickedness, Saying, 'What have I done?' Everyone turned to his own course, As the horse rushes into the battle. -  Jeremiah 8:5-6 

The prophet Jeremiah warned the people to turn from their wickedness and return to the Lord. But Jerusalem carried out their temple rituals, and because of that they really thought they were doing only good things, and serving the Lord. “What have I done?”They were deceived in their thoughts and were perpetually slipping farther away from God. This happens when we start to really believe that we are not that sinful, just because we are doing religious activities. We believe we are getting closer to God but we can actually move away from Him. And the farther we get from God, the harder it is to repent and change.

We live in a world that is filled with deceit and wickedness. The world tells us what is acceptable. If it feels good, then do it. It you feel bad for doing it, then take a pill or do something to make yourself feel better. We have permission from the world to do whatever it takes to make ourselves feel better. Yet, so often, we end up feeling much worse. We can swing like a pendulum, from the heights of happiness to the depths of depression. And if we are not careful, we wake up one day wondering what happened. “What have I done?”

The Christian walk takes one day at a time. Some days are better than others, but every day belongs to the Lord. The only way to walk with the Lord consistently is to spend time with Him everyday. When times are hard and depression creeps in, do not look for the instant fix offered by the world. Turn to the Lord. When you feel good about yourself or things in your life, turn to the Lord and give Him thanks. None of us wants to feel badly, but when the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, we must be willing to repent and to turn from our sin. As we walk daily with the Lord, these convictions keep us from falling into deceitful ways of thinking. Ask the Lord today to help you answer the question: What have I done? You may be surprised at the answer. Listen to the Lord and be willing to change as He guides you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 36 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 31 ... 36  Next