World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» NO MORE SEA
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 10:33 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 6:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 5:09 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 5:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 4:52 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 4:42 pm by Admin

» Minister Smotrich-PM Netanyahu Show your strength
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 4:29 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 4:27 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 4:20 pm by Admin

» Biden Bless/Abortions with cross sign
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 2:02 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 2:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 1:51 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Haggadah Passover
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 10:45 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 5:00 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 29 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 29 of 36 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 32 ... 36  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 29 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Sat 15 Sep 2018, 3:40 pm

September 15

Today’s Reading: Proverbs 22:1-33; 2 Corinthians 8

Today’s Thoughts: Small Adjustments for Big Breakthroughs

“Do not be overly righteous, nor be overly wise: why should you destroy yourself?” - Ecclesiastes 7:16

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
I tend to be the main point person when dealing with the retreats that we attend. So it’s up to me to do mostly everything from communicating with the church to finding out the specifics of the retreat. Well, last weekend’s retreat was no different. When Bobbye asked me what she should bring, I pulled out the list and started reading it to her: sleeping bag, flashlight, pillow, towels, toiletries. She listened intently and asked, “Is this a camp ground? Are we going camping this weekend?” I said, “No, it’s a retreat center,” without giving it another thought.

The weekend came and we were greeted with willing arms to help us carry our things. As I popped open my trunk, the pillows, towels, extra blankets and sleeping bags were right on top. One of the girls said, “You do not need any of that.” Confused, I rechecked the packing list just to find out that I had stapled my 7th grade daughter’s retreat list to the church’s information. I had been following the wrong list.

How can you be so prepared and organized while being so radically off base? It took a lot of extra time, thought and effort to pack things that I didn’t need. I had never questioned the list, trusting in my own skill set.

This was a small mistake in the big picture of things but it made me examine other things in my life. How many times am I going out of my way to make things harder on myself, absolutely convinced that I am right? I might be heading the right way and even able to get to the right place but am I prepared with the right things when I arrive? Am I making the trip of life more difficult in the process? Am I willing to listen to others who are personally involved? Am I spending more time doing or am I really thinking things through? These were great questions for me to ponder while away in the mountains. Sometimes it is not about making big changes but making small adjustments that can lead to huge breakthroughs.

Everything considered, the retreat was amazing!  Women got saved and clearly women changed. The testimonies absolutely reflected that God is still in the business of setting captives free. Despite packing the wrong kind of things, we really had the right kind of time.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Sep 2018, 11:05 am

September 14

Today's Reading: Proverbs 19; 2 Corinthians 7  

Today's Thoughts: Choose to Love

These things I command you, that you love one another. - John 15:17

As a child, one of my favorite words was "why." I know it drove my parents crazy when I used it repeatedly. Why do I have to brush my teeth? Why do I need to eat those green things? The answer was always the same, "Because I told you so." There are times when we must submit and do as we are told. Children have little choice in the matter, but as adults we can choose our own course. Jesus tells us to "love one another." And even in this command, we have a choice. Have you ever found yourself wondering why you have to love that person who seems so undeserving? The answer is because Jesus says so.

Love is so important to Jesus that He summed up all Ten Commandments into two: love the Lord with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and love your neighbor as yourself. The Apostle Paul says in First Corinthians 13 that nothing we do really matters without love. But in today's world, we are confused about love. Movies and television lure us into fantasies about "true" love using sex, guilt and manipulation as tools to obtain love. When we are hurt by someone who says they love us, we begin to wonder if love really exists at all. Is love a feeling or is it an attitude or a behavior? Jesus knew exactly why He had to command us to love each other. Because we would not do it based upon our own feelings. We are human and our nature is sinful.

The only way to keep this commandment is to pray. Pray for God's love to fill your heart. Pray that you will love your enemies as well as your neighbor (the good and bad). Pray that you will love Jesus more everyday. It is only when we stop asking "why" and start asking "how" that we can truly know what love is.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Sep 2018, 12:27 pm

September 13

Today's Reading: Proverbs 16; 2 Corinthians 6

Today's Thoughts: God Has a Way of Balancing Things

When the Lord saw that Leah was unloved, He opened her womb; but Rachel was barren. Genesis 29:31

God has a way of balancing the scales. I have seen it with money, with time and, as this verse says, with love. Leah was "unloved" but Rachel was adored by Jacob. Leah had children and Rachel was barren. Not all things are that cut and dry spiritually, but all things are in the hands of the Lord. He is the One who opens and closes wombs. He is the One who determines the day of our birth and knows the day of our death. Moreover, even though Jacob loved Rachel more than he loved Leah, Leah was married to Jacob years longer and Leah was buried with Jacob.  God does not do these things to punish us or hurt us: but to balance us.

While there are blessings, there are also burdens. That balances us. If life here were perfect, would anyone want to go to heaven? Think about it: we all want to go to heaven but no one wants to die, even though life is hard here.  You may not be getting something you have been praying for—a long time. It might be something that others get so easily, but for you, you are begging God for answers, yet without seeing it. If this is you, look at the circumstances differently.

Instead of begging God for what you do not have, start thanking Him for all you do have. Instead of feeling badly about what you are missing on earth, start asking Him to give you a heart to have many things in heaven. We are only passing through here but heaven is for eternity. God knows what is best to keep you balanced. Start praising Him. Start praying to Him about pleasing His heart instead of asking Him to please yours. He loves you. Try seeking His face instead of His hand, and you will receive His peace that surpasses everything else.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Sep 2018, 11:11 am

September 12

Today’s Readings: Proverbs 13; 2 Corinthians 5

Today’s Thoughts: A Slow Day

He who is slowto wrath has great understanding, But he who is impulsive exalts folly. Proverbs 14:29
Have you ever had one of those days where you started out groggy, as if in slow motion? I woke up tired this morning. As I sat in my chair and began to read my online Bible, I was even more tired. Coffee did not help. I felt like I was swimming against the current. My insides were trying but my reflexes were not responding. I was having a hard time comprehending and focusing on what I was reading. Even my prayers were challenging, as my mind kept wandering. The day seemed to flow with the same kind of beat. Traffic seemed extra slow and congested. Red lights were longer than normal. And my computer…the little hour glass icon next to the cursor became a great nuisance as I tried to double click through files and pages. My irritation and frustration grew at top speed while everything else around me crawled at a snail’s pace. As my day is fast coming to a close, I am still tired and still in slow motion. What does the Lord want me to learn from this kind of day?

Several verses in the Bible include the word “slow,” but are often followed by the words “to anger.”  Why? Because we tend to get angry very quickly. Also, when we act on impulse, we usually act foolishly. The more anxious we get at times, the more likely we are to behave rashly. The end result is not good, not to mention who gets hurt in the middle. We must learn the self-control to be “slow to wrath” and slow to anger. We must learn to recognize the triggers in our environment and circumstances that tempt us to lose control and react in the heat of the moment. For me and my day, the Lord reminded me of these lessons.

Since I woke up in slow motion, He meant for me to go with His flow, not mine. Today, God wanted me to slow down, sit longer at lights, and even wait on my computer to respond. Instead of impulsively getting upset, He wanted me to think about Him during those moments, talk to Him and let Him talk back. Instead of talking to the Lord, I was wondering just when that red light was going to turn green.

Today, and any day, when you are sitting in traffic, at a long light or waiting for service somewhere, stop and talk to the Lord. God has set your day in motion for His purposes. It is okay to go slow, especially when circumstances pull at our emotions. If you go with His flow and follow His tempo, you will end your day with peace and joy, instead of regrets and fatigue.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 11 Sep 2018, 2:21 pm

September 11

Today's Reading: Proverbs 10; 2 Corinthians 4

Today’s Thoughts: To Believe is to Live

Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for if you do not believe that I am He, you will die in your sins." - John 8:24

The Pharisees were always trying to catch Jesus off guard. Regardless of what Jesus was teaching, they would test Him. The Pharisees were the religious leaders and teachers of the day. They knew the Scriptures better than anyone and were always ready to tell others how to live by them. They were superior in their righteousness, or so they thought. They enjoyed their status, their power and the honor given to them by man. Jesus however, created problems for them in His teachings. The people wanted to hear more of what Jesus had to say. The Pharisees were threatened as they saw their power diminishing, as more and more people followed Jesus. How sad to realize that the very One whom they had been waiting for their whole lives was in their midst and they did not recognize Him!

The people who denied Jesus would die in their sins because they refused to believe that He is the Son of God. When all is said and done, the verse above sums up the truth. If we do not believe in Jesus, we will die in our sins. Sadly, there are still Pharisees in our world today who think that by knowledge and good works they have the answers. There are those who can recite Scripture to justify any argument or prove any point and are always instructing others on how to live godly lives. Then, there are those who truly try hard to do what is right. They volunteer for ministry services, give freely to others in need and are kind-hearted to everyone. On the outside, both types look very godly and religious. But what about on the inside?

Jesus is not impressed with our "good" works. Our best intentions mean nothing in the kingdom of God. We are born of sin, live sinful lives and will die in our sins, unless we do one thing—believe in Jesus. It is not the kind of belief that acknowledges His existence or His role. James 2:18 tells us that, “even the demons believe and tremble.” The word “believe” means to adhere to, rely on, trust in, and depend upon. Do you believe in Jesus Christ according to His definition of the word? Do you absolutely depend upon Him for your salvation? Do you know that there is nothing you can add to your salvation and that there is no good work that you can do for eternal security? The only requirement is faith. The only One who can cleanse us from our sins is Jesus Christ, and the only way we can be cleansed is by believing in Him alone. Today, you can know Him. Dear Lord, I want to know Your Son Jesus. I know that I am a sinner who cannot do enough good works to earn my salvation. I am lost without You. I want You to be my Lord and Savior forever more.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 10 Sep 2018, 12:10 pm

September 10
Today's Reading:  Proverbs 8; 2 Corinthians 3
Today's Thoughts: The Unveiling
But we all, with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as by the Spirit of the Lord. 2 Corinthians 3:18

In the Old Testament book of Exodus, Moses describes the building of the tabernacle. This tabernacle is to be built on earth as a copy of heavenly things, a place where God can dwell with His people. Its design and construction are described in great detail in Exodus Chapters 26 through 28, then again in Chapters 34 through 38. One of its most beautiful pieces was a veil that separated the Holy of Holies from the Sanctuary. The veil represented man's separation from God; man at that time had no real fellowship with God. Only Moses could enter into such personal fellowship with God. He would come in such intimate contact with God that even his face shone with the glory of the Lord. Moses would use a veil to cover his face. 2 Corinthians 3:13 says that Moses used the veil to keep the people from seeing what was passing away, but the next verse states that their minds were blinded. It was as though the minds of the people had their own veil that kept them from really seeing the truth. Years later when Jesus died on the cross, this veil, still used to separate the two sections of the temple, was torn in two. Jesus died so that we may have personal fellowship with God. No longer was a veil needed, because there was no longer a need for separation. The only veil left is the one that we keep, over those areas we have not yet surrendered to God.

Do you have a veil covering part of your heart or mind? As Christians, we might be quick to say, "Of course not, I love Jesus and I know His Spirit lives within me." I am one of those Christians who not only would say it, but also would believe it with all my being. How can I be veiled in any area when I so desperately want all that the Lord has for me? How can I be blinded when all I want is to see with spiritual eyes? But the closer I walk with the Lord, the more I understand how blind I really am. A veil does not have to be thick. The veil in the temple was about three feet thick. I have learned that the veils that cover my heart and mind can be quite thin, enough to let me see through but not enough to let me see clearly. The problem comes when I think I am seeing clearly but am really only seeing through a fog. Then the Lord begins to show me things so crystal clear that I can barely look at them. The Lord begins to unveil parts of me.

We must go through this process with the Lord if we want to continue to grow in our walk with Him. Breakthroughs come and strongholds are broken when we get through these types of trials.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 09 Sep 2018, 11:32 am

September 9

Today's Reading: Proverbs 6; 2 Corinthians 2

Today's Thoughts: Aroma of Christ

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him. For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 2 Corinthians 2:14-15

There are two words in these verses that should catch our attention, the words "fragrance" and "aroma." Isn't it interesting that Paul uses words that relate to our sense of smell to describe how we should be seen by others (or smelledby others)? Most of us notice when a person passes by wearing cologne or perfume, especially when it is a strong scent. There are certain fragrances that evoke memories in us. The smell of spices and evergreen are most common at Christmas. Floral smells hint of springtime. And even someone's scent (good or bad) stirs emotions within us if we relate that fragrance to a particular time or event in our lives.

As Christians, Paul is saying that we, too, have a scent about us —"the aroma of Christ." The origin of the word "aroma" brings us back to Old Testament times when the sacrificial offerings of burning animal flesh were common. Our lives as Christians are offered as that living sacrifice, holy and acceptable to God (Romans 12:1). As we live for Christ (and are willing to die to ourselves), we become a sweet-smelling aroma to God. Not by our good works, but because of the offerings and sacrifices we are willing to make in our daily lives. But we live in a world of indulgence to self, not sacrifice. How can we be the fragrance of Christ in the world today?

The first step is in being aware of who you are in Christ. As a believer, you represent Him wherever you go and whatever you do. What does that look like in real life? Maybe by forgiving someone who has hurt you. Maybe by giving up something you want just to bless someone else. The root of sacrifice and unselfishness goes back to love. It is the love of Christ in us and through us that leaves that sweet aroma on others.

Take time today and think about the fragrance you are wearing. Put it in the perspective of being an offering and a sacrifice unto the Lord for the sake of others. What better role model for us than the apostle Paul? Of course, the ultimate sacrifice was given through God's only Son, Jesus Christ, and it is now up to us to make that sacrifice known to the world. Ask the Lord today to help you be the aroma of Christ everywhere you go. May you leave a scent of love on everyone that you pass.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 08 Sep 2018, 1:44 pm

September 8

Today's Reading: Proverbs 3; 2 Corinthians 1

Today's Thoughts: Direct My Paths

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6 
My mom and dad are dealing with a huge plumbing problem. The main pipe that carries their hot water from the garage to the kitchen broke underneath the cement slab. They knew something was wrong when their tile floor was warming their feet. Because we have earthquake building codes, the plumbers cannot fix the problem by digging down, but only by rerouting the pipe through the ceilings. This has caused a major upheaval to their home. The laundry room, downstairs bathroom, family room, kitchen, dining room and even the closet where they store all the Christmas decorations have been affected. All of their personal belongings are out of the cabinets and closets, and are on the couches, tables and floor. Then there are the new large holes in the ceilings and closets with dust from the holes everywhere. The plumbers have tried to be considerate by placing plastic over their personal belongings and a walkway runner on the rugs, but with all the work and workers, it is impossible to keep the décor a priority.

Well, my mother has handled it very well, all things considered but… there are times she finds herself overwhelmed with the situation. She has continued to ask the Lord to help her and to remain peaceful through it all (including the cold showers for days). God has been so faithful to hear her prayers. The other night, she went to bed praying about the pipes and when she woke up, she heard this in her mind:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your
own understanding. In all your ways, acknowledge Him,
And He shall redirect your pipes.
Proverbs 3:5-6 (bold words are paraphrased)

The Word of God is active and living. If we put His Word into our minds and meditate on it, God has the ability to bring it back in each and every situation to maintain peace in your life. God is so good to us. He hears every prayer and cares about every circumstance. Trust in Him and He will direct your paths, and even your pipes, if you include Him.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 07 Sep 2018, 8:30 am

September 7

Today's Reading: Proverbs 1; 1 Corinthians 16

Today's Thoughts: Looking for God’s Wisdom

So that you incline your ear to wisdom, and apply your heart to understanding; yes, if you cry out for discernment, and lift up your voice for understanding, if you seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures; then you will understand the fear of the Lord, and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding; He stores up sound wisdom for the upright; He is a shield to those who walk uprightly; He guards the paths of justice, and preserves the way of His saints. Then you will understand righteousness and justice, equity and every good path. Proverbs 2:2-9

As King David was facing his death, he appointed his son, Solomon, as the new king of Israel. In the beginning of King Solomon’s reign, the Lord spoke to Solomon in a dream and said: "Ask! What shall I give you?" (1 Kings 3: 5) His reply greatly pleased the Lord, as he asked for wisdom and discernment so that he could rightly judge God's people. The Lord gave Solomon such an abundance of wisdom that he became famous throughout Israel and other lands, attracting the attention of many who came just to hear his wisdom. His own people feared and respected Solomon because of the power of his words.

The Proverbs are filled with Solomon's nuggets of wisdom, which are still applicable for our lives today. However, this man of wisdom begins this book of wisdom by instructing us to seek for wisdom, knowledge and understanding. Solomon tells us to "seek her as silver, and search for her as for hidden treasures." He obviously was thankful that he had the right answer when God asked him years earlier, “What shall I give you?”

We need to get in the habit of asking the Lord for wisdom, knowledge and understanding every day.  The New Testament writer, James, also instructs us to ask for wisdom as he says in Chapter 1 verse 5, “if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God who gives to all liberally and without reproach and it will be given to him.” In other ways, anyone can ask for wisdom at any time and the Lord will give it liberally regardless of our shortcomings and faults. Asking for wisdom is a gift as much as begin the recipient of the wisdom that He gives. There are no prerequisites or strings attached. There will be tangible fruit in your life as you begin to understand things from a different perspective. Certain habits will break and your own words will inspire you as they bring edification and counsel to others.

Oh Lord, please give me wisdom, knowledge and understanding today so I can think Your thoughts as You direct my words, hands and feet.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 06 Sep 2018, 11:04 am

September 6

Today's Reading: Psalms 148; 1 Corinthians 15:29-58

Today's Thoughts: Praise Him and Find Victory

Praise Him for His might acts; Praise Him according to His excellent greatness! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord! Psalm 150:2, 6

As we meet and talk with women, we often hear of their struggles, especially in their own thoughts. They feel unworthy to be serving the Lord. Thoughts like, "Who are you to be doing this?" or "Why are you working on this—someone else could do it better?" are common components of mental attacks. These thoughts then trigger certain emotions and the next thing for women is a pit of depression and hopelessness, just what the enemy had planned. The enemy wants you to feel so condemned and depressed that you quit or are too demoralized to minister effectively and powerfully.

Some Christians recognize that these types of thoughts are not of the Lord but they do not know how to stop them. Some of us quote verses, rebuke the devil, and attempt to reason our way out of it with logical comebacks, but still have no real victory. Instead of fighting back, we begin to justify the bad thoughts, thinking that maybe these self-condemning behaviors are from the Lord to keep us humble. Wrong!

Jesus came to give us life to the fullest. He wants us to share in His joy, not wallow in our flesh. We are sinners. We are unworthy to do anything to please God. We are to love Him and to worship Him. Our faith is the only way to please God. It is not for us to dwell on our unworthiness but to praise Him for His willingness to save us.

How can we change this process? Start praising the Lord! Put on praise music, read the psalms aloud (as if you wrote them to the Lord) and worship the Lord. The key is to get our eyes off ourselves and focus on Him. He is worthy and by His blood that cleanses us, we can do all things through Christ, even change those negative thoughts.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 03 Sep 2018, 5:04 pm

September 3

Today’s Reading: Psalms 140; 1 Corinthians 14:1-20

Today’s Thoughts: Does Your Heart Burn?

Then their eyes were opened and they knew Him; and He vanished from their sight. And they said to one another, "Did not our heart burn within us while He talked with us on the road, and while He opened the Scriptures to us?" - Luke 24:31-32

One of my favorite stories in the New Testament is the story of the two on the road to Emmaus. They had heard the account from the women who had gone to the tomb and found it empty. Jesus was gone. His body was not in the tomb. All of their hopes for a king were gone as well. But as they walked and discussed all that had happened, Jesus showed up. Jesus began to question them about what had happened, as they were completely unaware of Whom they were talking to. After breaking bread with them, Jesus vanished and then they knew. Their eyes had been opened to the spiritual realm and they got it. Their hearts burned within them as Jesus talked to them. They understood His Word. The Scriptures came alive to them, just as, "the Word became flesh and dwelt among them" (John 1:14).

Has your heart ever burned within you as if Jesus were speaking to you personally? Jesus left us His Word and His Holy Spirit. Through the Holy Spirit living within our hearts, we can discern spiritual things, and it is only through the Holy Spirit that we can comprehend the Word of God. When we fall in love with His Word, we have fallen in love with Him. We find ourselves unable to get enough of His presence. We just want more of Jesus. It is then that we begin to have our eyes truly opened to know Him personally.

Praise God today that we do not have to hope for an encounter with Jesus. If we have accepted Him into our hearts as our Savior, then we have His Spirit living within us. Through reading and studying the Bible, we can understand His ways and grow in the knowledge of Him. Our lives will change, day by day, from glory to glory. Read Luke chapter 24 today as part of a further study in the Word. Ask the Lord to open your mind to understand the Scriptures. Maybe you will find your heart burning within you, before you are done.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Sep 2018, 9:11 am

September 2

Today’s Readings: Psalms 137; 1 Corinthians 13

Today’s Thoughts: You are Important to God

How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; When I awake, I am still with You. Psalm 139:17-18

How many of us really believe that the God of the universe is thinking kind thoughts about us? Doesn’t He have more important things to think about?  How can He really care about us and be all that this verse says? The key point for us is to realize that God considers us to be veryimportant to Him. If we stop for a moment and consider some of the basics of what the Bible teaches, we may better understand the truth of these verses.

Over and over, the Bible is filled with verses of truth that describe His love for us. John 3:16 tells us that, “God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son…” for us.  Jesus came to earth, fully man and fully God, to give His life for our sins so that we may know Him personally. As hard as it may be to believe, God loves us so much that all He wants is to be with us; the God of the universe wants a personal relationship with you and me. That is why He thinks about us so much. That is why He never leaves us, even as we sleep. He wants us to know that He is still with us when we wake up.

My dog wakes me up each morning, sometimes earlier than I like. Now, my dog does not have to be let out, he has his own doggy door. He is not hungry or thirsty. He just wants to be with me. He wants to be petted and loved on, even for a few minutes until I am fully awake and then he goes back to sleep. As I wake up, I know that the Lord wants me up too. He has been thinking about me all night, watching over me and waiting on me to get up and be with Him. Mornings spent with the Lord are precious, and it is in those moments that He lets me know just how much He loves me. The Lord does not need anything from me, but He wants my attention and my love, and He gives me so much more in return.

Today, stop and give some time and attention to the Lord. Tell Him you love Him. Thank Him for His thoughts of you and for always being with you. And when in doubt, read the full chapter of Psalm 139…you will be blessed.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 01 Sep 2018, 1:27 pm

September 1
Today's Reading: Psalms 135; 1 Corinthians 12

Today's Thoughts: Jesus Lives
They asked her, "Woman, why are you crying?" "They have taken my Lord away," she said, "and I don't know where they have put him." At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus. "Woman," he said, "why are you crying? Who is it you are looking for?" Thinking he was the gardener, she said, "Sir, if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him, and I will get him." Jesus said to her, "Mary." She turned toward him and cried out in Aramaic, "Rabboni!" (which means Teacher) John 20:13-16

Can anyone take the Lord away from us? Mary thought so. Her heart was broken, her Lord was dead and now she thought His body had been taken away. Mary cried deeply, thinking that someone could have taken the only part left of Him away from her. At this point, she did not even notice that angels were speaking to her. She just wanted Jesus back. Even when Jesus was standing (literally) behind her, Mary thought He was the gardener. In her loyalty and despite her depression, Mary was willing to do whatever it would take to "get Him" back.

Her devotion is sincere but how can she serve a dead God? What kind of Lord would we have if others could change His position or steal His body? What kind of God would we serve if we have the ability to lose or misplace Him? That kind of god puts the burden on us, regardless of how devoted or sincere we may be. Thank the Lord Jesus that He arose from the grave. We do not worship a dead god but a living Lord. We worship a God who has placed all the burdens on Himself. We do not have to find Him because He never loses us. And God promises that if we seek Him, we will find Him as He comes to us. We are never lost from His sight. We may not see Him but He is always there, even sometimes from behind.

I love the verse in Isaiah 30:21 that says, "Your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, 'This isthe way, walk in it,' Whenever you turn to the right hand Or whenever you turn to the left." God does lead us from behind at times and we can feel that we have lost Him. But like Mary in John 20:16, when Jesus calls your name even from behind, you will recognize His voice. Remember to keep seeking Him and desiring to be with Him even if He seems to be missing. You have not lost Him because He can never lose you. He conquered death on a cross and rose again. Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life and He is always with us, leading us in every step.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 31 Aug 2018, 5:13 pm

August 31

Today's Reading: Psalms 132; 1 Corinthians 11:17-34

Today's Thoughts: Exercise Your Faith

After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward."  But Abram said, "Lord God, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?"  Then Abram said, "Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!" And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, "This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir."  Then He brought him outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be."  And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness. - Genesis 15:1-6

When God gave Abram the promise that his descendants would be as countless as the stars in the heavens, Abram and Sarai were old and had no children. This promise was still several years away from fulfillment even as the Lord made this covenant with Abram. But despite the circumstances of the current situation, Abram "believed in the Lord" and all that He was telling him. God accounted him as righteous because of his great faith.

It takes incredible faith to believe in a God you have never seen. It takes even more faith to believe in His promises that will directly impact your life. Great faith comes from our resolve to believe in the Lord and who He is, not what we can prove or intellectualize about Him. As a matter of fact, faith can be downright silly in man's eyes, even foolish. Instead of being self-conscious or embarrassed we should all pray to be more foolish in our faith. Why not expect God to move mountains in our lives?

Where is your faith today? Faith is meant to be active, not passive. If we do not keep exercising our faith, we get weak and can be tossed to and fro when the enemy comes to strike. Get into the Word of God on a regular basis and ask the Lord to increase your faith. When you get that sense within your spirit that you need to move, do it…step out and go for it. Sometimes when the fear is the greatest, you have to ask yourself: who is trying to stop you and why? Fear is not of the Lord. So why is the enemy causing you to fear? He does not want you to succeed. Faith brings success.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 31 Aug 2018, 5:12 pm

August 31

Today's Reading: Psalms 132; 1 Corinthians 11:17-34

Today's Thoughts: Exercise Your Faith

After these things the word of the Lord came to Abram in a vision, saying, "Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward."  But Abram said, "Lord God, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?"  Then Abram said, "Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!" And behold, the word of the Lord came to him, saying, "This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir."  Then He brought him outside and said, "Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them." And He said to him, "So shall your descendants be."  And he believed in the Lord, and He accounted it to him for righteousness. - Genesis 15:1-6

When God gave Abram the promise that his descendants would be as countless as the stars in the heavens, Abram and Sarai were old and had no children. This promise was still several years away from fulfillment even as the Lord made this covenant with Abram. But despite the circumstances of the current situation, Abram "believed in the Lord" and all that He was telling him. God accounted him as righteous because of his great faith.

It takes incredible faith to believe in a God you have never seen. It takes even more faith to believe in His promises that will directly impact your life. Great faith comes from our resolve to believe in the Lord and who He is, not what we can prove or intellectualize about Him. As a matter of fact, faith can be downright silly in man's eyes, even foolish. Instead of being self-conscious or embarrassed we should all pray to be more foolish in our faith. Why not expect God to move mountains in our lives?

Where is your faith today? Faith is meant to be active, not passive. If we do not keep exercising our faith, we get weak and can be tossed to and fro when the enemy comes to strike. Get into the Word of God on a regular basis and ask the Lord to increase your faith. When you get that sense within your spirit that you need to move, do it…step out and go for it. Sometimes when the fear is the greatest, you have to ask yourself: who is trying to stop you and why? Fear is not of the Lord. So why is the enemy causing you to fear? He does not want you to succeed. Faith brings success.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Aug 2018, 10:13 am

August 30

Today’s Reading: Psalms 129; 1 Corinthians 11:1-16

Today’s Thoughts: How often do you read the Bible?

Then Jesus said to those Jews who believed Him, “If you abide in My word, you are My disciples indeed. And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. - John 8:31-32

Last week, I picked up the USA Today newspaper. On the bottom corner, there was a USA Today Snapshot that was entitled: How often we read the Bible? I was surprised by the results:

▪️    At least once a month         53%
▪️    Rarely                                 22%
▪️    Never                                  24%
▪️    Don’t know                            1%

These percentages imply that the majority of the people in the USA are looking for God through the Bible in some way.  Many of us claim that we had a God-moment or a God-inspired thought. God’s spoken word can even be misinterpreted by our own spin or by the spin of another’s interpretation. But when life circumstances challenge those moments, thoughts or other’s comments, we need something more solid. We need something that speaks right to our heart directly. God’s written word is where 53% of us go to seek encouragement, answers and Truth. It is amazing to me that God’s living Word, Jesus, quoted God’s written Word. If Jesus quoted the Bible, how much more do we need to get familiar with the Bible today?

Bobbye and I wrote a book called “Building Divine Intimacy.” The primary objective was to teach other’s how to have a real relationship with the Lord. Some of the chapters deal with prayer, worship, how to apply the Bible to your daily life and learning to discern God’s voice over all the other voices and noises. We have had amazing testimonies like from Karen, “Thank you so much for writing this book. You finally put in words what my heart was seeking to know.”

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Aug 2018, 9:16 am

August 29
Today’s Reading: Psalms 126; 1 Corinthians 10:19-33

Today’s Thoughts: The Power of God’s Voice
“Then you came near and stood at the foot of the mountain, and the mountain burned with fire to the midst of heaven, with darkness, cloud, and thick darkness. And the LORD spoke to you out of the midst of the fire. You heard the sound of the words, but saw no form; you only heard a voice.” - Deuteronomy 4:11-12

In the book of Exodus, the Israelites begin their journey from Egypt, across the Red Sea, heading to the Promise Land. Along the way, they stopped at the base of Mount Sinai and had an experience of a lifetime. It was at this place that the Lord appeared to them for the first time, and they could not handle what they saw. Moses recounts this experience in the book of Deuteronomy and reminds them of what happened on that amazing day. The Lord appeared in smoke, fire and thick darkness. There was thundering and lightning in an awesome display of God's power on the top of that mountain. And, they were scared to death! They told Moses that they did not want to hear from God, just from Moses. He could speak on behalf of God and they would just listen to Moses. The Lord's voice was too much for them to handle.

For us, maybe the Lord's voice is a bit too much to handle at times. Sometimes, His voice seems to be loud and consuming—and scary. Maybe the dark clouds that come into our lives are evidence that the Lord is trying to speak to us. Instead of being afraid, we need to be alert to what God is trying to say to us. Instead of hiding, we need to start seeking Him even more. Our God is a consuming fire, not to our harm or destruction, but to our reverence and worship of Him. He is God. He is a jealous God, and He does not want to share us with other gods. His words from the top of mountain warned the people not to go out and make Him into a molded image, nor to worship any other images of gods created by their hands. His words today are the same to us. The Lord wants us to know Him personally, to love Him with all that we are, and to fear Him in respect and honor. Why? Because He wants to bless, protect and lead us in His ways. We are the safest and the most peaceful when we are obeying His words and willing to listen to His voice, even when it seems too loud and scary to handle.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Aug 2018, 4:20 pm

August 28

Today’s Reading: Psalms 123; 1 Corinthians 10:1-18

Today’s Thoughts: Whom Are You Seeking?

Jesus said to her, “Woman, why are you weeping? Whom are you seeking?” John 20:15

The first person Jesus appeared to after His death was to Mary Magdalene. She had already told the disciples that Jesus’ body was missing. Peter and John ran to see. Peter did see but John saw and believed. The word “believe” means that he put his trust in God for what had happened. None of them had yet understood the resurrection. He just believed that God was responsible for the missing body of Jesus.

While the disciples went home, Mary stayed at the tomb. She wept and stooped down to look into the tomb. Two angels in white were seated there and they spoke with her. She continued crying and questioning and seeking Jesus, despite the actual presence of angels. She would only be satisfied with Jesus Himself. Jesus stood behind her, but it wasn’t until He called her by name that she turned and clung to Him. I can imagine Mary was thinking, “You got away from me once and I am not letting You go again.”  Once again, Mary went to the disciples, but this time with a different message. She had sought Jesus and He found her.

The first person Jesus revealed Himself to as “the Christ” was the Samaritan woman (John 4). And the first person Jesus revealed Himself to after His death was Mary Magdalene. If you, male or female, are seeking Jesus, He will reveal Himself to you. He shows no partiality or favoritism. We are all given the same Holy Spirit, and one day, we each will behold our Lord face to face. But as of today His promise stands that if you seek Him, you will find Him if you search for Him with all your heart. Whom are you seeking?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 Aug 2018, 1:24 pm

August 25

Today’s Reading: Psalms 119:1-88; 1 Corinthians 7:20-40

Today’s Thoughts: Our Witness to Our Faith

Therefore, having obtained help from God, to this day I stand, witnessing both to small and great, saying no other things than those which the prophets and Moses said would come—that the Christ would suffer, that He would be the first to rise from the dead, and would proclaim light to the Jewish people and to the Gentiles." Acts 26:22-23

My husband has been working with a client who was born and raised Buddhist. She is vice president of a large publishing company. She is smart, tenacious, tough and lost. In working with her over the past few months, my husband has made his faith very clear to her. As the project comes to a close, it seems that their conversations on faith have increased even more. She is open to talking with him about the subject. So often, we find ourselves in situations where we either get that one shot to witness, or we get shot down before even starting. In this case, my husband and this high-powered executive keep debating the issues. These conversations have brought her to a point of admitting how little she truly knows about her own religion. He has been asking her to tell him exactly what she believes. How does it work? And most importantly, he asked her a simple question, "Do you really believe in it?"

Jesus asks this question to those around Him, "Do you believe in the Son of God?" Many people find a place in organized religion but have no idea of what or whom they really believe in. We are born and raised in religious traditions. We like the routines, the fellowship, and the comfort such activities bring to our lives. Since when did Jesus use the word "comfort" to describe our walk with Him? Yes, He gives us comfort and peace through His Holy Spirit. But Jesus was clear in saying that He came with a sword, dividing friends and families (Matthew 10:34-35). Placing anyone or anything, including church traditions, above Jesus Christ will bring division between people who choose Him against those who choose their religion.

Many people do not know what to do or what to say at these times. What do we say? How much do we say? When should we speak about our faith? And on and on we wonder and ponder. I like what Paul says in today's verses. First, he says that he gets "help from God." The Holy Spirit will impress, lead and direct us in what to do. Next, Paul knows he must "stand." Sometimes we need to stand, hold our position, be honest, but not start debates unless we are led to do so. Then, Paul says he witnessed "both to small and great." We must seize the opportunity when we know it is time, regardless of who it is, how many there are, or whatever the circumstances. Sometimes we need to not think too much and just let the Lord work through us.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 21 Aug 2018, 9:59 am

August 21

Today’s Reading: Psalms 107; 1 Corinthians 4

Today’s Thoughts: The Power of Imitation

"Therefore I urge you, imitate me." 1 Corinthians 4:16

We are masters at imitation. Whether we are copying someone else or they are copying us, we are continually being influenced and adapting our personality to the conformity of others. We may not realize that the things we do or wear or say are a result of imitating someone or something in our culture.

Paul understands these issues when he says to the Corinthians "imitate me." They were living in the world and enjoying being of the world. Paul knew that they needed a living example to follow. He became their example, a real person from whom to watch and to learn. Paul also knew that their only hope was in Jesus. He was the One they must ultimately learn to imitate.

Second Corinthians 4:18 says that, "we do not look at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen. For the things which are seen are temporary, but the things which are not seen are eternal." Our focus should only be on Jesus Christ our Savior. This world and all that is in it will someday be gone. Where will you be when this happens? Do you choose your friends wisely, those who set the example in Christ as Paul did? Or are you influenced more by the world's temporary offerings, instead of Christ's eternal promises? How accountable are you to set godly examples for those who are imitating you? Ask the Lord to help you become the role model and example that He wants you to be for others. His Holy Spirit will guide you in this role.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Aug 2018, 8:35 am

August 20

Today’s Reading: Psalms 105; 1 Corinthians 3

Today’s Thoughts: Constantly changing

For I will not contend forever, Nor will I always be angry; For the spirit would fail before Me, And the souls which I have made. - Isaiah 57:16

Christianity is like redecorating an older home. When you change the look of one room, suddenly you realize that the rest of the house does not look as good any more. The Lord does the same with us. He starts working on one area of our character and then suddenly we realize that a lot more change is needed.

How do we not get overwhelmed by it all? How do we prevent ourselves from getting discouraged? There are times, after I have been confronted with an issue, that I have wondered how I got along all these years without realizing that change was needed. Other times, after God addresses something, I have wondered why God has decided to work on these aspects of my character now. The saying, "He never gives up on you," is so true. Whether good or bad, the Lord takes you as His own and will make you like His own. He will not give up, even when we ask Him.

The only way to faithfully get through the refining process every day is by understanding the character of God. He is a God of love, patience, kindness and gentleness. He will never lead us where He cannot keep us. But for us to receive more of His blessings, He needs to make sure our own character can handle them. The Lord disciplines those He loves and desires for each of us to live in His abundant blessings. However, there is a level of responsibility with each blessing, and that requires change.

If you find yourself in the fiery furnace right now, find promises on the love of God. Think on these things. You will find yourself yielding to Him, with less resistance and you will get through just fine.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 19 Aug 2018, 8:27 am

August 19

Today’s Reading: Psalms 103; 1 Corinthians 2

Today’s Thoughts: Our Father Helps Us

I was with you in weakness, in fear, and in much trembling. - 1 Corinthians 2:3

My children come to me the quickest and the loudest when they are weak, fearful or trembling. Someone knocked them down, something scared them or something just does not "seem fair." As they bare their concerns and worries to my listening ear, they regain composure to walk right back into the same exact situation. Usually nothing has changed, neither the circumstances nor the playmates, but by expressing those concerns to me, they were changed.

We need to remember that God is our heavenly Father.  He is waiting for us to come to Him and bare our souls. It is in those times of weakness, fear and trembling that we need to learn to talk to Him. We need His strength to get back out there again. I pray for this frequently. Why? Because, like Paul, I have found in my walk with Christ that, "when we are weak then He is strong" (2 Corinthians 12:10). God's strength is made perfect, or complete, in weakness.  In times of helplessness and panic, I find hope and peace only when giving those burdens to Christ.  And after sensing His strength and power flowing through that weakness, fear and trembling, I know without a doubt that the living God alone has heard my cry.  The situation or circumstance may not change but I change and when I change, He gets the glory.  

Today, give God whatever situation is making you feel weak, fearful and helpless.  Ask Him to fill you with His power and wisdom.  Ask Him to work a miracle and change the situation, or ask Him to just change you--which also would be a miracle.  Record it and watch what God does. 

Pray about it:  Oh Lord, I pray that You may increase and I may decrease (John 3:30). I pray that your power may be perfected in my weakness, for I know that when I am weak, You are strong.  I want to draw from Your strength today.  Use me for Your glory.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 18 Aug 2018, 10:01 am

August 18

Today's Reading: Psalms 100; 1 Corinthians 1

Today's Thoughts: Thanks be to God

Make a joyful shout to the LORD, all you lands!
Serve the LORD with gladness;
Come before His presence with singing.
Know that the LORD, He is God; It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.          
Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, 

And into His courts with praise. 
Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.
For the LORD is good;
His mercy is everlasting, 
And His truth endures to all generations. - Psalm 100

Let us all be thankful for our freedom and for our founding fathers who laid the God-fearing foundation for this great nation. But above everything else, let us not forget the One who made us. We are God's people--we are His sheep and this nation is still His pasture. Take time today to give Him praise and thanksgiving for the true freedom that we have in His Son Jesus Christ. Make a joyful noise to the Lord! Pray for our nation today. As Christians, we should all be greatly concerned at how our lawmakers are turning away from God in their choices and decisions. God's mercy is everlasting but there is a day of judgment coming. Pray that our nation will turn back to the Lord. One by one, as Christians, we can make a difference. Let's start today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Aug 2018, 10:42 am

August 17

Today’s Reading: Psalms 97; Romans 16

Today’s Thoughts: A Gentle Answer

A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. Proverbs 15:1

If a gentle answer turns away wrath, why do we choose to say harsh words? We hear harsh words everywhere we go. People seem to be so angry these days. The southern California freeways are notoriously known for drivers having "road rage." I do not even want to know what kinds of words are being spoken in the cars of others while driving.

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Our mouths are speaking right from our hearts. The difficulty with having a "gentle answer" is that the character trait of self-control has to be developed first. If we look at the fruits of the Spirit, the last one is self-control. It starts with love and ends with self-control. We all have the ability to speak gentle and kind words to each other when we want to be kind and loving. However, we do not want to be gentle and kind when we have been criticized or mistreated. These situations require self-control so we can watch our words and answer with gentleness and kindness.

I pray for self-control daily. Not only do I not want to regret my words, but also I really want my heart to reflect the Lord. I see the Lord's reflection in me when I hear the words that come from my heart. Listen to yourself today. What kind of words do you use? What kind of tone or attitude do you have? Are your words edifying and encouraging or destructive and negative? Then, when you get angry, evaluate your words again. God wants us to have peace: He left it and He gave it. Anger is not a sin but stirring anger up is. Pray for the Lord to take hold of your heart to help you to hold your words. Pray for self-control of your tongue.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Aug 2018, 10:17 am

August 16

Today’s Reading: Psalms 94; Romans 15:14-33

Today’s Thoughts: A Man who Found his Home

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? - Mark 8:36

Several years ago, I had asked my neighbor if she knew of someone who did handyman work. She immediately replied, "Use Larry. He isa Christian and homeless. He only has a car and a beeper." I had seen this man frequently in the neighborhood. He was very clean-cut and polite.  While speaking to him, I knew that the Lord wanted me to ask him about his home life. I said to the Lord (in my mind), "But Lord he doesn't have a home."  I heard again, "His home in Heaven." So, I asked Larry about his home life and that sparked a long response as to what happened to him. Larry told me that he used to be a multimillionaire who lived in a 32-room mansion.  At first, I was not sure if I believed him, but my neighbor confirmed that his story was true. She knew Larry during those days. Through a variety of circumstances, he became homeless.  Now he lives in his car, doing handiwork jobs for a living and ministering to the homeless.  He said to me, "I have lived in the best addresses in Rancho Santa Fe but I'm no longer concerned about those addresses. I constantly keep my mind focused on my next Home address." He said that many people are living in homes but they are truly homeless because they are empty inside. They have no peace. He quoted me his favorite verses that he claimed on a daily basis:

“I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content in whatever the circumstances may be. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any, and every situation, whether well-fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want”  (Philippians 4:11-12 paraphrased).

After we finished talking with each other, I started meditating on those verses. I noticed that "I have learned" is mentioned twice. Learning to be content is a choice. Larry was not immune to fear, loneliness, worry or doubts. Larry had troubles but he trusted in Jesus' words. We are only passing through earth in these temporary tents to get to our eternal home in heaven. The world's promises do not bring peace, but Jesus brings peace. Remembering that we have a reservation in heaven keeps us focused on what matters most.

The fruit of Larry's homeless life has led many homeless and hopeless people to Christ. Larry learned to live for what matters most. Larry is now at his new permanent address as he went home to be with the Lord in his early 60s. Larry lived the second half of his life with nothing but a car and beeper; however, Larry gained everything because he lived his life here for his eternal home. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 36 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 32 ... 36  Next