World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 28 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 28 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyYesterday at 10:29 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyYesterday at 9:44 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 8:06 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 7:42 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 7:07 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 6:50 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 5:18 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:49 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:17 pm by Admin

» Short Video US campus not what you think.
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:48 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:34 pm by Admin

» Tjurkey suspend dealing with Israel
WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 24 of 34 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 29 ... 34  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 24 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Fri 27 Sep 2019, 10:07 am

Elaine, choose to do something new this year!

Isaiah 43:18-19 Do not remember the former things, Nor consider the things of old. Behold, I will do a new thing, Now it shall spring forth; Shall you not know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.

This Sunday night begins the High Holy days of Rosh Hashanah or Yom Turah (Feast of Trumpets). Rosh Hashanah traditionally marks the Jewish New Year. "Shanah" is a unique Hebrew word meaning "to repeat, revise, or go over again". As we begin the new year, with fall, then winter, spring, and summer, we remember the cyclical pattern of time in God's creation. The nature of life is to repeat itself -- to continue in a cycle, marked by Rosh HaShannah -- a New Year. Although time is moving in a direction toward a definite destiny determined by the Creator, it does so in cycles ... truly, "what goes around comes around".

However, "Shanah" does not only mean "to repeat" -- but also, "to change" ...

So, entering this new year, a fresh cycle, we may also grasp the opportunity to change, to do something radically new and different. New beginnings are a time for new choices, new experiences, new hopes, and dreams. Can we allow this season to inspire the desire for new experiences and initiatives in God? Can we choose to pray for, expect and act within the divine order of a new cycle ... break out of the "same old -- same old" and choose to believe in His power to do exceedingly abundantly more than we could ask or imagine? The new season beckons us to this...

Elaine, if we believe that our Lord is really on top of things, if we believe that He can even redeem our mistakes, then we ought to be filled with expectation for change, great change in our lives, by His divine power to work in and through us. Entering this new season can inspire a choice in faith, to love and serve with greater devotion than ever, perhaps in ways that we have only dreamt of before. A new year is upon us. Let's make the choice for change -- He will "do a new thing."

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We've added a short three week tour of the United Kingdom in just a few weeks. This will be our first tour of the UK, and if you'd like us to minister at your congregation or home fellowship, be sure to let us know ASAP. This will be a very limited time, as we need to arrive in the States by the beginning of November. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Editor's Note: We're proud to announce that after months of development, we've finally finished the Worthy Prayer Team. If you have a prayer request, please let the Prayer Team know.

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Winter tour of the United States. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information. 
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Sep 2019, 9:09 pm

Elaine, choose Godspeed!

Proverbs 16:17 The highway of the upright is to depart from evil; He who keeps his way preserves his soul.

Mark 1:15 and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel."

Proverbs says the "highway of the upright is to depart from evil". It's a highway -- a way of life so to speak. And this proverb coincides with the central teaching of Yeshua (Jesus) -- "Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand." What does it mean to repent? The Greek Word is "metanoia" which simply means to change your mind about sin or to depart from evil.

Repentance is essentially a new attitude about the way I conduct my life. I don't expect perfection while remaining in this mortal body -- but a lifestyle of repentance means that I choose to live my life set apart unto the Lord, in communion with His Holy Spirit who lives in me, constantly turning away from and/or confessing my sins. Repentance does not involve rehearsing guilt, regret, or sins of the past, because true repentance and confession removes those from our conscience and the Lord declares them to be as far as the east is from the west!

Elaine, in this season of repentance be sure to choose the highway of the upright and speed your way through life's journey to the Kingdom of Heaven which awaits you. The enemy would love to sidetrack or distract you with the enticement of sin -- but even if he succeeds temporarily, you can always repent -- and speedily, get back on the right road --the highway of the upright.

Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We've added a short three week tour of the United Kingdom in just a few weeks. This will be our first tour of the UK, and if you'd like us to minister at your congregation or home fellowship, be sure to let us know ASAP. This will be a very limited time, as we need to arrive in the States by the beginning of November. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Editor's Note: We're proud to announce that after months of development, we've finally finished the Worthy Prayer Team. If you have a prayer request, please let the Prayer Team know.

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Winter tour of the United States. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Sep 2019, 1:35 pm

Elaine, determine to make the commitment!

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

When missionary Dr. David Livingstone was working in Africa, a group of friends wrote him: "We would like to send other men to you. Have you found a good road into your area yet?" Dr. Livingstone sent this message in reply: "If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don't want them. I want men who will come if there is no road at all."

There’s a big difference between just being interested in doing something and actually making a commitment to doing it! Just being interested allows us the freedom do a thing only when our circumstances permit. But making a commitment to do that thing means accepting no excuses and no reservations -- it means putting aside our fears and reservations moving forward till we see the end result! Dr. Livingstone was looking for results, and this required men of commitment!

Elaine, with Rosh HaShannah (Yom Turah - Feast of Trumpets) just around the corner, let’s make some commitments this festive season! Our Lord, our families, our jobs and our congregations are awaiting us!

Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We've added a short three week tour of the United Kingdom in just a few weeks. This will be our first tour of the UK, and if you'd like us to minister at your congregation or home fellowship, be sure to let us know ASAP. This will be a very limited time, as we need to arrive in the States by the beginning of November. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Editor's Note: We're proud to announce that after months of development, we've finally finished the Worthy Prayer Team. If you have a prayer request, please let the Prayer Team know.

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Winter tour of the United States. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Sep 2019, 7:55 pm

Elaine, oh death where is your sting?

1 Corinthians 15:55-58 “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain.

Yesterday, my wife and I attended a funeral in Jerusalem -- which is never an easy thing. In the midst of the mourning, the realization dawned (once again) that this life is utterly fleeting ... a vapor in the wind ... and these frail human bodies in which we dwell, are mortal dust. We are living in the land of the dead and dying, and only those of us who truly know and are known by the Messiah, upon our death, will enter the land of the truly living!

Mourning is the only honest and human response to the death of loved ones, and it quickens the profound realization just how precious life is. Death, and the funerals which attend it, also inspire the opportunity for serious introspection and for taking account of how we are living our lives in this world. Values, priorities, and building upon the foundation of Christ, ought to occupy our minds when we encounter the stark reality that someone else has just gone to his or her reward.

When I think of funerals, I'm reminded of D.L. Moody and his attempt to write his first funeral message as a young pastor. He searched and searched the Gospels, and came to the realization that every funeral service Yeshua (Jesus) attended... He resurrected the dead body. Yeshua (Jesus) was the ultimate funeral party crasher! Praise God... He said, "I am the resurrection and the life ..." [John 11:25]

Elaine, death is the ultimate wake-up call to remind us of the great message we carry.... Messiah has come, He raises the dead, and we will give explicit account for our deeds, either when we pass to the next world or when He returns. If He dwells within us, and we allow His resurrection life to inspire our words and guide our actions, everyone we encounter will have the opportunity to know and experience that He truly is "the Resurrection and the Life"!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 16 Sep 2019, 11:35 pm

Elaine, let it go!

Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

My wife has had an interesting life. Here, she shares a small portion of her past:

I was born in Israel. My parents divorced when I was a toddler and my mother met and married a hippie American tourist who was searching his roots in Israel at the time. Later, we went back to the States with him. Little did we realize that he was heavily addicted to drugs and this among other things made for a very unhappy family and little on which to live.

Every once in a while my father in Israel would send money for my mother to buy an airline ticket for me to visit him and the rest of my family. One particular year when I about eleven or twelve, he gave me a nice chunk of spending money for the duration of my trip, the equivalence of two hundred and fifty dollars or so. When my time in Israel that summer was coming to an end and I realized I had hardly touched that money, I decided keep it and not tell him or anyone else. I mean, my dad had assumed I'd spent it, right? No one would have to know, "I reasoned." I'd take it back with me and have lots of money to spend when I returned to Israel the next time.

When I got back to America, I put that stash away in a little jewelry box on my dresser. No matter how poor we were, I always secretly felt rich knowing that stash was there. The next summer, my father sent for me again. Before I left, I was sure not to forget to put my saved shekels deep in my pocket, as not to lose them. I was the richest girl in the world!

But when I reached Israel this time, my father gave me money unlike the kind I had in my pocket. It looked funny -- not at all like my long-awaited spending stash. It was different in color and had a different design. "That's strange," I thought, "How could this be?"

To my great dismay, the currency had changed to the New Israeli Shekel while I was away. The money I had was absolutely worthless now. I was sick to my stomach.

What a waste! And worse, I couldn't even tell my dad.

A wise man once said, "Greed is the logical result of the belief that there is no life after death. We grab what we can while we can however we can and then hold on to it hard."

Elaine, our Father has given us some spending money, hasn't He? And sadly, it is our tendency as human beings to want to keep it to ourselves. Let's not hoard what He has freely given us. Let's freely bless people around us in need, whether it is with our finances, our possessions, our time and energy or comfort. There is a lot more where those came from. And we can't take it with us anyway -- the currency is different in heaven!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Sep 2019, 8:06 pm

Elaine, have you been drinking your water?

Isaiah 41:17-18 The poor and needy seek water, but there is none, Their tongues fail for thirst. I, the Lord, will hear them; I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them. I will open rivers in desolate heights, And fountains in the midst of the valleys; I will make the wilderness a pool of water, And the dry land springs of water.

My wife and I had the privilige of leading a tour in Israel with over 50 people from all over the world. When tourists come to Israel, and especially to these southern parts where we live, one of the first things they're warned is to make certain they drink enough water. The climate here is very dry -- it fools you into thinking it's not as hot as it really is. You might not even feel thirsty, and before you know it, you can collapse from dehydration.

Experts say that although thirst would seem to be a main indicator of dehydration, it is actually not. By the time one feels thirsty, he or she may very well already be dehydrated!

Could the same be true with us spiritually? How many of us are walking around spiritually dehydrated and we don't even realize it? Satan, the enemy of our souls, would love nothing more than to keep us very busy and unaware of our dire need for the living water of the Word, prayer, worship and Godly fellowship. But we need to be smarter and take time to drink enough of these important nutritious spiritual beverages, that we might be strong and ready to do the work of the Lord!

Elaine, let's be refreshed this weekend -- rest, be renewed, because we certainly don't want to collapse from dehyradration! Have a blessed weekend ... Shabbat Shalom!

Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Fall/Winter tour. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Sep 2019, 3:47 pm

Elaine, it's time to get up!

Hebrews 12:1-3 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

The summer Olympics now taking place in London have reminded me of a marathon run in Mexico City at the 1968 Olympic games. Hours behind the runner in front of him, the last marathoner finally entered Olympic stadium. By that time, the drama of the day's event was almost over and most of the spectators had gone home. But the story of Tanzanian marathoner John Stephen Akwari was still being played out. Limping into the arena, Akwari grimaced with every step, his knee bleeding and bandaged from an earlier fall. His ragged appearance immediately caught the attention of the remaining crowd, who cheered him on to the finish line.

Why did he stay in the race? What made him endure his injuries to the end? When asked these questions later, he replied, "My country did not send me 7,000 miles away to start the race. They sent me 7,000 miles to finish it!'"

Elaine, we may be exhausted, limping, or wounded right now from an earlier fall. We may feel like there's is no way we can go on to the end. But there are witnesses cheering us on...and God didn't send us this far just to begin -- He brought us here to run the whole race! So, let's get up! Brush off the dirt and keep going! He will give us the strength!

Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Fall/Winter tour. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Sep 2019, 11:15 am

Elaine, have abundant faith!

Hebrews 11:6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

One of the greatest stories of the Bible is David and Goliath. It's such a good story, in fact, that the world has come to make common use of it! A prime example of this is when the underdog faces an invincible champion in just about any sport on national television, commentators always seem to make mention of David and Goliath.

Imagine the scene at the time of David. The children of Israel were small compared to the Philistines (incidentally, they are still small today -- there are very few tall people in Israel!). And here they are faced with this enormously frightening giant, Goliath, champion of the Philistines.

All the Israelites shook in their sandals, saying Goliath's too big for us to hit! All but one -- young little David. Instead of fearing Goliath's enormity, David saw his size to be an advantage! He said, on the contrary -- Goliath is too big to miss! That day, David became a hero for the Israelites and his name would be remembered well --even to this day.

It all depends on our point of view -- the way we see our circumstances. We can either walk in doubt, asking "Can God do this thing?" or walk in faith, proclaiming "God surely will!"

Elaine, we all have some scary Goliaths to face in our lives. You may be facing one right now. Have faith, my friend! In our greatest distresses God wants to show Himself powerful! Let's walk in faith for His victory!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Aug 2019, 10:32 pm

Elaine, have you lost your memory?

Psalms 103:12 As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us. 

D .L . Moody said "Those who say they will forgive but can't forget, bury the hatchet, but they leave the handle out for immediate use."

My wife and I don't argue much, but we've had our moments, just like anyone else. And when the bickering begins, the remembering begins.

Have you ever noticed that when we get upset about something, we begin hashing up all these things that have happened in the past? Things we thought were long forgiven and forgotten suddenly flood our minds and stir up feelings of anger and bitterness. Before we know it, our enemy has us ensnared in a web of frustration and unforgiveness!

The same is true when we experience failure in our day to day lives. The devil knows how to bring up all the memories of past failures which make it exceedingly difficult for us to forgive ourselves and get free!

Satan would love nothing more than to keep us bound up in unforgiveness. to bring up those bad memories and torment us with them. He knows how successfully these things keep us from moving forward for the Lord! But we need to recognize his tactics and loose ourselves!

When we repent and confess the Lord truly forgives us. Our sins are cast as far as the East is from the West. He removes them from His record loving us with a love undeserved. We need to do the same for ourselves, our loved ones and even our worst enemies. 

Elaine, the Lord wants us to get free so that we can help others get free. We can't help anyone else when we're all bound up ourselves! Let's cast our painful memories onto the cross of Christ and ask Him to help us truly forgive and forget. 

Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Fall/Winter tour. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 29 Aug 2019, 9:49 am

Elaine, fancy fruit? 

Jeremiah 17:7-8 Blessed is the man that trusteth in the LORD, and whose hope the LORD is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

Out here in the Negev our trees suffer, especially in the hot summer months. We have a few trees around our neighborhood here which have definitely seen better days, I'm sure.

In this passage, the Lord compares us to trees planted by the water - trees which will always stay green even through the heat and drought - trees which will never cease to yield fruit.

We as believers who trust in the Lord and whose hope is in Him should be yielding fruit unceasingly! That's right - even through the droughts we face in our lives, we should never cease to bear fruit! Here, the Lord is showing us who we really are! We are trees, nourished by the Living Water of truth and hope and by the Son, who has redeemed us from all of our sin and given us new life!

Elaine, let's take a close look at ourselves. Are we bearing fruit in our personal lives, in our families, in our communities? We need to be!! Let's walk in our calling and we will see fruit!

Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Fall/Winter tour. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 Aug 2019, 10:08 am

Elaine, keep yourself from crashing!

Psalms 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. 

25 years ago, not long after I came to faith in Messiah Yeshua (Jesus) the Lord began putting it in my heart to create a website where believers could be informed about world, national and Christian news -- so that they could more effectively pray. I could not have imagined what Worthy News has become. Back then, I knew nothing about designing websites. I started with a Pentium 1 ... a tiny the hard drive by todays standards -- just a few gigs. Every few minutes the overload brought it to the crash-point. Incredibly frustrating! I finally figured out that in order to fix the problem, I had to dump all the unused programs and unnecessary information. Soon afterward it functioned again, and I learned something...

The responsibilities of life and ministry can become like that overloaded Pentium 1. Take me for example: whose family is growing and needing constant attention, whose online ministry needs regular oversight, whose friends and neighbors both local and international arrive at our door pretty much every day, all in the context of the the stress and pressures of Israeli life ... well, at one point the overload felt a bit like my original computer... on the verge of crashing!

What to do? Continue carrying more burdens than I can bear, processing more information than I need? No. I've had to retreat, and I needed to re-evaluate...what is the Lord giving me and what have I taken upon myself? And which burdens am I not casting upon Him?

Elaine, allowing ourselves to nearly crash is not spiritual. There will be times when life's pressures seem unbearable, but we can be prepared for those times if we practice a regular discipline of evaluating our priorities in normal daily life, off-loading unnecessary tasks, and casting the important things onto the Lord, in prayer. If we do so, it may save us from "crashing" in the long run!!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 23 Aug 2019, 10:40 pm

Elaine, keep your nose to the grindstone! 

2 Timothy 2:20-22 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work.  Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

A grindstone is a revolving disk made of stone which is used for grinding, polishing or sharpening. It can commonly be seen grinding down wheat or sharpening and polishing metal for various purposes.

At first glance, this information may not seem all that interesting to you. However, a wise man once compared life to a grindstone. He said -- whether life grinds us down or polishes us up depends on what we’re made of!

So… here’s a question. What are we made of? Is life grinding us down to pieces? Or is it polishing us up to make us better equipped to do the work of the Lord? I can tell you this -- we are not called to crumble apart like chaff under the grindstone! We are called be tools in our Master’s hand -- sharpened and polished beautifully for His use!!

Elaine, let’s commit ourselves to the Lord once again this weekend. Let’s not whine about our difficulties, but allow God to use them to sharpen us for His glory!  Have a delightful shabbat, enjoy your weekend, and keep looking up -- for our redemption draws near! 

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Aug 2019, 2:22 pm

Elaine, don't crash!

John 8:36 If the Son, therefore, shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.

We know a Christian woman who has struggled with her past for years. She rarely thinks or speaks of anything else. And as a result, her life has just spiraled downward, despite all our attempts to minister to her. It breaks our hearts to see.

Have you ever tried looking in your rearview mirror while you drive your car forward? Sounds ridiculous, doesn't it? But this is what we're actually doing when we constantly think about our past as we try to move forward in the Lord! It's a surefire way to crash. 

Elaine, we need to learn from the past, not live in it.  Be released today of the "woulda, coulda, and shoulda's" of your past.  We cannot move forward unless we stop looking backward and focus on the great things God has for us ahead! 

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Aug 2019, 1:02 pm

Elaine, have you experienced catastrophe?

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.

The Grand Canyon Park bookstore operated by the National Park Service found itself in the midst of some controversy a few years ago when they were selling a book written by creationists much to the ire of the National Center for Science Education.

The book detailed how the Grand Canyon could have been formed from a "catastrophic" event -- a catastrophe such as the flood of Noah's day. Imagine that, it may have been a catastrophe that created such beauty!

Nearly 2000 years ago, the disciples witnessed a catastrophe -- the crucifixion of our Lord. But the Lord used this tragedy to redeem all mankind. This great catastrophe was turned to ultimate beauty.

Each of us has experienced tragedy in our lives. Inevitably the question arises -- Why? Let's be encouraged by one of God's most beautiful masterpieces. The Lord can turn our great catastrophes into great beauty -- into great victory! 

Elaine, let's turn to the Lord with our catastrophes. He can turn the most difficult tragedy into an incredible work of art!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Aug 2019, 9:16 am

Elaine, life awaits us!

Philippians 3:13-14 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

There are two kinds of birds that roam the desert: vultures and hummingbirds. The vulture thrives on a diet of rotting meat. He flies overhead searching for traces of leftover carcasses from slow-footed critters eaten by wild animals who've already had their fill.

Hummingbirds, on the other hand, will sweep through the desert, passing over all those repulsive, dead animals and seek colorful patches of beautiful wild desert flowers. They will suckle the delicious juices of those sweet desert blossoms and be satisfied.

While vultures look to the dead for their survival, the hummingbird seeks the living! Likewise, some of us unconsciously look to our past with its regrets, failures, and sins to keep us alive. We think that somehow by looking back to those dead things, we might find some motivation to keep surviving here and now. But let's take a lesson from the hummingbird.

Elaine, let's sweep past that which is dead and focus on the sweet new life -- the exciting future that God holds for us as we continue seeking Him and moving forward in our relationship with Him!

Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Fall tour. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Aug 2019, 10:58 am

Elaine, keep your head up! 

John 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

I read a story about a new young partner in a law firm. The senior partners had set extremely high standards and had coached him carefully. He did well in some minor trials but he lost his first big case. When the partners reviewed the trial, they pointed out his errors and suggested different strategies. Even with all their critique, he lost the next big one. He felt terrible. Were they ready to give him the boot?

Then one of the partners took him aside. "Look," he said, "you're learning. Just keep going. You'll start winning. Meanwhile, your position is secure. You're one of us." Those words were exactly what he needed to hear.

Have you ever experienced this kind of compassion when you were feeling hopeless? If we’re believers, we have. The Lord has taken us aside and said, “Yeah, you’ve made some mistakes, but don’t worry -- your position is secure. 

Elaine, know that God has provided your security today. Rest assured in Him -- and be sure to convey that same kind of compassion to struggling siblings in the faith. All of us need to be reassured once in a while.

Arad, Israel

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Fall tour. If you would like to us minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or host a Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Aug 2019, 11:57 am

Elaine, the Lord is looking to see His reflection in your life! 

1 Peter 1:7 That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perishes, though it tested with fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ:

We've been in full-time ministry just over 20 years now, and boy, have we had our share of trials and tribulations!

Sometimes when we are in the midst of trials we start to wonder -- Lord, will it ever end? In case you haven't noticed, it doesn't. But the good news is that with each faith-testing experience, our ability to deal with these trials and tribulations becomes better and our faith grows stronger!

In this scripture, God compares our faith to a most precious and beautiful metal -- gold. But when mined, this precious metal doesn't look very precious! It's dirty looking and black. How does gold become beautiful? A refiner takes the gold and carefully melts it in a melting pot -- slowly raising the temperature -- but never to the point where it boils. As it melts, slowly the impurities rise to the surface and he will scoop away the dross leaving a beautiful pot of gold, ready to become your next ring or bracelet. Here's the amazing part. The refiner knows his job is done when he can look into the melting pot and see a reflection of himself.

The only way gold will become more precious is when it's placed on the fire! In the same way, the impurities of our lives must be exposed to the fire so that the Lord can scoop up the filth that shows itself when we get hot!! Notice, though, that He'll never allow us to boil! And then, when it's all said and done, He can look upon us and see the beauty of His reflection! 

Elaine, let's not despise the trials we're facing today -- on the contrary, let's embrace them! The Lord is using these things to prepare us to do great things for Him! Respond to the Lord today by saying what do you want me to learn from this today, Lord? And watch how the Lord blesses you through the fire!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Aug 2019, 4:57 pm

Elaine, listen carefully! 

Psalms 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

"Before refrigerators, people used ice-houses to preserve their food. Ice-houses had thick walls, no windows, and a tightly fitted door. In winter, when streams and lakes were frozen, large blocks of ice were cut from the frozen waters, hauled to the ice-houses, and covered with sawdust. Often these ice-blocks would last well into the summer.

One man lost a valuable watch while working in an ice-house. He searched diligently for it, carefully raking through the sawdust, but didn't find it. His fellow workers also looked, but their efforts, too, proved futile. A small boy who heard about the fruitless search slipped into the ice-house during the noon hour and soon emerged with the watch.

Amazed, the men asked him how he found it.

"I closed the door," the boy replied, "lay down in the sawdust, and kept very still. Soon I heard the watch ticking." (story taken from "Directions" by James Hamilton)

So often life can become so hectic that it becomes hard to find time to sit still and just listen to what the Lord is saying. But Yeshua (Jesus) often secluded himself, so that He could commune intimately with His Father. In these days and in this hour it's so imperative that we spend time in our own prayer closets, so we can clearly hear what our Father is saying to us, through His still small voice. If we do, we may find some wonderful and valuable things that others have missed.

Elaine, the question isn't whether God will speak, but whether we will take the time to be quiet and still enough to hear His voice. Let's be sure to take that time to hear what He's saying to us!

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Aug 2019, 9:26 pm

Elaine, you never know how your prayers can change the world!

1 Corinthians 2:4-5  And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power: That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God.

Most people have never heard of "Auntie Cooke", but I guarantee you that you'll get to know her in glory!  She arrived in Chicago in 1868 as a perfect stranger, but she immediately became involved in D.L. Moody's church when he was just thirty-one years old.  She described him years later, as a 'diamond in the rough', and someone who needed the divine unction and power.

During a camp meeting in 1871, she felt an intense burden to pray for Moody.  So, along with her friend, Miss Hawxhurst, Auntie Cooke began praying for him that he'd be filled with the anointing power of the Holy Spirit.  While Moody was unsure of this need, nevertheless, he asked the two ladies to meet with him every Friday afternoon and they began to earnestly pray.  Moody's hunger increased for the power of the Spirit and the Friday before the Great Chicago Fire, Ms. Cooke testified, "Mr. Moody's agony was so great that he rolled on the floor and in the midst of many tears and groans cried to God to be baptized with the Holy Ghost and fire."

It was shortly thereafter that Moody went to New York to raise funds for the rebuilding of the church that was destroyed in the fire.  While walking down Wall Street in New York, Moody was hit with power! In fact, Moody recalled how he cried, "Hold, Lord, it is enough!" Throughout his life, he reluctantly talked about that experience, but Moody testified how this was the turning point in his ministry.

Moody stated, "I went to preaching again, the sermons were not different; I did not present any new truths, and yet hundreds were converted. I would not now be placed back where I was before that blessed experience if you should give me all the world."

The lasting legacy of D.L. Moody's ministry was connected to two ladies that you'll never read stories about (except maybe, here) -- but whose own, lasting legacy is counted in glory!   Do you want to have a lasting legacy?  Become an intercessor! 

Elaine, let's spend time interceding for our pastors, evangelists, spiritual leaders, to have the fire of God upon them!  Power only comes through prayer – and without any power – how are we going to change the world?

Arad, Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 02 Aug 2019, 11:00 am

Elaine, need an extreme makeover? 

Psalms 90:17 And let the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, And establish the work of our hands for us; Yes, establish the work of our hands.

Charles William Eliot, former president of Harvard University, had a birthmark on his face that bothered him greatly. As a young man, he was told that surgeons could do nothing to remove it. Someone described that moment as "the dark hour of his soul." Eliot's mother gave him this helpful advice: "My son, it is not possible for you to get rid of that hardship...But it is possible for you, with God's help, to grow a mind and soul so big that people will forget to look at your face."

Yes, it's true. All of us have things we'd love to change about ourselves. And many of us tend to spend an awful lot of time and money trying to change, fix and cover those things up. But I think there is much truth in Mrs. Eliot's words. When we are shining boldly for the Lord, I don't believe anyone sees them!

Elaine, do you REALLY want to make a drastic difference in your appearance today? Let's stop focusing on our outward issues today and start focusing on what really counts -- walking uprightly and wholeheartedly with the Lord -- a spiritual extreme makeover! We will glow like never before, at a low low price and 100% guaranteed!

Arad, Israel 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 01 Aug 2019, 11:51 am

Elaine, be a standard bearer! 

Isaiah 59:16-19 He saw that there was no man, And wondered that there was no intercessor; Therefore His own arm [z’roah in Hebrew] brought salvation for Him; And His own righteousness, it sustained Him. For He put on righteousness as a breastplate, And a helmet of salvation on His head; He put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, And was clad with zeal as a cloak. According to their deeds, accordingly He will repay, Fury to His adversaries, Recompense to His enemies; The coastlands He will fully repay. So shall they fear The name of the Lord from the west, And His glory from the rising of the sun; When the enemy comes in, like a flood The Spirit of the Lord will lift up a standard against him.

The Hebrew expression in this verse from Isaiah is rich with meaning. The root "nus" (from the expression "raise up a standard") is related to or sounds like numerous words which mean "sign", "miracle", "to drive away", "to flee", "cause to disappear", "a waving flag". This abundance of meanings in Isaiah's poetic style reveals the multiple dimensions of God's revelation; in this case, the way he deals with evil. The assertion in this word is that the Spirit of YHVH will be powerfully activated when evil comes.

Whether the enemy comes in like a flood, and then the LORD raises a standard against him...or, the enemy comes in, and like a flood, the LORD works miraculously and drives him away, the clear meaning and promise is that the presence of evil will not go unnoticed. God will respond powerfully, in His own way, and in His own time.

We've often spoken of the increase of wickedness in these last days; virtually every day some new scandal appears. Evil is on the rise; its power being consolidated in many areas of social, political, and personal life. Our identification with the one true God who raises His standard in response to this wickedness, calls us to be His "standard bearers" in the midst of the flood of evil around us. This is not easy, but is a high calling for faith-filled and disciplined saints.

Elaine, our challenge now, more than ever before, is, do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good. We cannot bear Yeshua's standard if we yield to become like the world around us. Only by abiding, praying, staying close to Him, can we represent our Lord. Let's continue to encourage one another...daily.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 30 Jul 2019, 12:49 pm

Elaine, have you given your all?

Psalms 54:6 I will freely sacrifice unto thee: I will praise thy name, O LORD; for it is good.

During his reign, King Frederick William III of Prussia found himself in a bind. Wars had been costly, and in trying to build the nation, he was seriously short of finances. After careful reflection, he decided to ask the women of Prussia if they would bring their jewelry of gold and silver to be melted down for their country. Each piece of jewelry he received, he would exchange for a decoration of bronze or iron as a symbol of his gratitude. These decorations would be inscribed, 'I gave gold for iron, 1813'.

The response was overwhelming. But more importantly, the women prized these gifts from the king even more highly than their former jewelry! The reason, of course, is clear. They were proof that they had sacrificed for their king.

When we come to know our King, we, too should want to exchange the flourishes of our former life for Him. The amazing thing about our King is that He not only takes our jewels but He takes our rags too -- and uses them for the good of His Kingdom! 

Elaine, perhaps there are some things we need to sacrifice to him today. Let's pray and ask for His revelation. There are great things awaiting those who give.

Arad, Israel 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 29 Jul 2019, 10:54 am

Elaine, take part of prophetic history!

Isaiah 60:1-3 Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the LORD has risen upon you. For behold, darkness shall cover the earth, and thick darkness the peoples; but the LORD will arise upon you, and his glory will be seen upon you. And nations shall come to your light, and kings to the brightness of your rising.

On January 1st 1863, U.S. President Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation which proclaimed freedom for all slaves in the ten states which were in rebellion. At the time, when U.S. Secretary of State Seward took the document to the President to sign, Lincoln took a pen, and held it for a moment. He then removed his hand and dropped his pen. Lincoln turned to Seward and said, "I have been shaking hands since nine o'clock this morning and my right arm is almost paralyzed. If my name ever goes into history, it will be for this act, and my whole soul is in it." He hesitated, then took the pen, and without wavering, took the document and boldly signed it!

When you do something for history, you want to do it right and with your whole heart! As children of God, what we do on this earth will redound to our eternal existence. As Abraham Lincoln recognized his quintessential moment in history -- we too must recognize our "moment in time". The season we are in seems filled with portent, and many of us may be making critical decisions and choices now. Like Esther, we were born "for such a time as this". We will need prayerful, scripturally-based discernment, and then, resolute boldness to stand where the Lord has placed us, say what He wants us to say, and do what He wants us to do.

While untold millions have been waiting for the promised return of our Messiah for centuries– the one sign they lacked was the restoration of Israel. Through all those past generations it was only in our own that the Jewish people have returned to their homeland, the beginning of Ezekiel's vision, well under way, and inexorably headed toward the spiritual revival of the dry bones [Ezekiel 37]. We do not know all the details, but we are watching and participating in this with great excitement. 

Elaine, we are living prophetic history....and are probably in the last act. As history advances and accelerates there will be times when we must be decisive, bold, and unwavering in spirit – fully realizing that our actions are being recorded now...and in the annals of eternity!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 28 Jun 2019, 9:40 am

Elaine, shock your enemies! 

Romans 12:20-21 Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Between the years 1861-1865 the United States found itself in the midst of a bitter civil war over the issue of slavery, and several other serious disagreements. By the time the North won the war nearly 620,000 soldiers had perished. There were many in the North who were so embittered that the South had dragged them into such a deadly conflict that they wanted the South to pay dearly.

At the end of the war, a group of Southerners gained an audience with President Abraham Lincoln. His gentle, kind and friendly personality quickly softened the hearts of his once-hardened foes and the Southerners left the interview with a deep respect for the man who had been their bitter enemy. Not long afterward, a northern congressman criticized Lincoln for "befriending the enemy!" He suggested that he should have had them shot for being traitors instead of welcoming them!

I love Lincoln's response. He said, simply , "Am I not destroying my enemies by making them my friends?"

Elaine, if you're serving the Lord –- you can expect your share of enemies. Don't let a root of bitterness grow up because of them –- but rather, seek to win them over with gentleness, kindness, and even love. Show your enemies the Lord's grace and His peace through your Spirit-controlled response...and in so doing, you'll "heap coals" upon their heads! Satan wants to provoke you through their hatred and opposition. Don't let him! Instead, shock your enemies –- not with angry retaliation...but with Spirit-empowered LOVE! Win them over; with so much work to be done, we need all the help we can get.

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 Jun 2019, 9:25 pm

Elaine, addiction can be a good thing! 

Titus 3:8 This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.

Does it ever happen to you - that something terribly simplistic just suddenly becomes clear? I realized something about us the other day. We humans are such addictive creatures.

We always hear stories of addictions such as gambling, drinking and using illegal drugs -- most of which, many of us have either never allowed ourselves to touch or been able to conquer at some point in our lives. But it occurred to me that these are just a few of many things to which we can become addicted.

I mean, think about it. The more we work and the more money and material things we acquire as a result -- the more we want to work in order to purchase more of those things. The more television we watch -- the more we don’t want to miss that next episode. The more we win at the leisurely games we enjoy, the more we want to play and win more at those games. The more we sleep -- the more we want to sleep! The more we complain -- the more we want to complain! The more we eat -- the more we want to eat! We have even created nightly support group meetings for our addictions to which, if we’re not careful, we can also become addicted! And there are countless other earthly examples we can probably add! It seems that mankind is hopelessly given to the substances and circumstances around us.

So wouldn’t it be great if we could just switch our focus from majoring on our daily grind, to majoring on the things of the Lord? And then, I'm sure we would find that the more we pray and see God answer our prayers -- the more we’ll want to pray and see those victories! The more we share our faith and see people come to know the Lord through us -- the more we’ll want to share and see others come! The more we read the Word and gain wisdom for our lives and others' lives -- the more we’ll want to read the Word and gain that kind of wisdom! The more we serve God and those around us-- the more we’ll want to serve them! And there are countless other heavenly examples we can probably add!

Elaine, how about it? Let’s begin doing more of the things of the Lord and watch how they multiply! I have feeling that we just might experience more joy, peace, and contentment than we ever have!

Arad, Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down