World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 25 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 24 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyYesterday at 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyYesterday at 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyYesterday at 11:43 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyYesterday at 11:31 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyYesterday at 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyYesterday at 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyYesterday at 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyYesterday at 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyYesterday at 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyYesterday at 7:04 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:00 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Daily Disciples - Page 13 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 13 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Tue 06 Apr 2021, 6:26 pm

April 6

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 4:1-6; Luke 9:1-17

Today's Thoughts:  Are You Hiding by the Baggage?

Therefore they inquired further of the Lord, "Has the man come here yet?" So the Lord said, "Behold, he is hiding himself by the baggage." 1 Samuel 10:22

One day, Saul went out to search for his lost donkeys. The next day, Saul was anointed to be the first king of Israel. Saul found something for which he wasn’t searching. Even though he was anointed by Samuel, Saul hid himself by the baggage when it came time to reveal his anointing as Israel’s first King. The Scriptures tell us that he was empowered by the Holy Spirit and changed internally. But on the outside, not much changed. He went back home and plowed the fields until one more day. At that point, Saul was ready to accept his calling and outwardly became what God had already changed in him inwardly.

The same thing happens to us. Many times God calls us to do something that we weren’t searching for either. We know that the prayers that we are praying seem impossible. We know that something is changing on the inside of our hearts, but to break free and become that person on the outside is beyond our doing. We then struggle between the God-given prayers on our hearts and the person we are in the flesh. How can the two become one?

And when? The answer is time or should I say, “in His time.” Regardless of what the Lord has put on your heart, you can’t receive all He has for you until you have the character to keep you there. In the passing of time, the Lord is molding you through different circumstances, conflicts and experiences as training for the real deal. Take every encounter you go through seriously. Praise Him through the difficulties and maintain self control when He pushes you to your limit. He will exalt you in due time. As the Scriptures say in Galatians 6:9, “And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.”

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 27 Mar 2021, 10:42 pm

March 27

Today’s Verses: Judges 1; Luke 4:1-30

Today’s Thoughts: Verses vs. Voices

"The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here. For it is written:" 'He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'" Jesus answered, "It says: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'" Luke 4:9-12

Many times my mind taunts me with thoughts like “If you are really God’s child, then why doesn’t He do this for you?” or “If God has really given you this spiritual gift for the body of Christ, why aren’t you any good at it?” Over and over, I hear thoughts that make me feel guilty or condemned and insecure in my Christian walk. I know the Word of God and yet, my mind doesn’t seem strong enough to just stay focused on the verses to overcome the voices. In essence, Satan attempts to discredit us just like he tried with Jesus. Satan said to Jesus, “If you are the Son of God”… prove it!  These are the same kind of words we as believers hear in our heads too. We question if we are really saved, we question God’s ability to use us and we question that the promises given to us in His Word are really for us today. In other words, we find ourselves testing the Lord’s ability to save us, protect us, use us and speak to us; thus, saying to Him, “Prove it.”  But Jesus didn’t do that.

Jesus confidently used the Word of God to attack Satan’s use of the Scriptures directly. It is amazing that the Living Word of God (Jesus) quotes the Written Word of God (the Bible) to attack the words of the enemy.

Lately, I have been struggling with a trial that I have failed in the past. The circumstances and people have changed but the trial is the same. I felt myself heading down the same path as in the past. Crying out to the Lord, I said to Him, “OK, Lord, I’ve been here before and have lived through the consequences of failing this test. I know that You have been faithful regardless of my faithlessness. I know that You love me and You have every right to test my heart and try my motives to see which way I will go. Lord, I choose You. I choose to not test You or question You in this. I know that Your promises will come to pass and You don’t have to prove anything to me.” With that prayer, I knew that the temptation to fail had been lifted. Jesus is our example as He was tempted in the same types of trials (with different circumstances and people) but overcame them all.  We, too, can overcome the taunting voices of the enemy to live a life pleasing to God by staying on His side and by fighting His way using His words.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Mar 2021, 10:28 pm

March 26

Today's Reading: Joshua 22; Luke 3

Today's Thoughts: Of Things to Come

But the Lord is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King. At His wrath the earth will tremble, and the nations will not be able to endure His indignation. Thus you shall say to them: "The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth shall perish from the earth and from under these heavens." He has made the earth by His power, He has established the world by His wisdom, and has stretched out the heavens at His discretion." Jeremiah 10:10-12

The prophet Jeremiah had a really tough job. He had to prophesy to the people of Israel the dreadful things to come if they did not put away their false gods and serve the one true God. His message was not a feel-good, motivational pep talk. The Lord clearly told Jeremiah exactly what to say to them and that they would hate him for it. They had no interest in hearing God’s word. They refused to believe in the destruction to come. Besides, there were other prophets who gave them the opposite message of hope and prosperity. They chose to believe them instead.

The Bible tells us of things to come. The prophecies that have yet to be fulfilled will one day come to pass. Are we listening with ears to hear? There are those who decide not to believe in such things and even though they believe in the Bible, they do not necessarily believe in all of the Bible. Whether we choose to believe it or not will not change the truth of what it says to us. It is the inerrant, infallible word of God. One day, in the twinkling of an eye, life as we know it will change forever. Maybe this will happen in our lifetime, maybe not. But it will happen to each of us, when we suddenly stand before Jesus the moment we die.  

Do you know Jesus Christ as your Savior? Do you believe that He is coming back one day? Do you believe that His Word is truth and all that it says is truth? Too many Christians today live in such compromise that the truth is hard for them to define. One person's “truth” is not necessarily someone else's. Our world is one big melting pot of tolerance and gray areas; but God’s truth is constant and non-changing. We as Christians are called to shed the light of God's love in this dark world of darkness. Jeremiah did his best to give the people a chance to repent and return to the Lord. Even though they were God's chosen people, God would still have to deal with their sin. As Christians, we too are still called to repent and return to the Lord when we walk away. If we do not, the storms of life alone will threaten our faith and even our lives. We are in desperate need of a Savior—every day of our lives. Praise God that He gave us His Son and that the times ahead are in His hands. Just make sure that you are in His hands as well. Give Jesus your heart, your life and your all today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 19 Mar 2021, 11:37 pm

March 19

Today's Reading: Joshua 1; Mark 16

Today's Thoughts: Just Step Out in Faith

And as soon as we heard these things, our hearts melted; neither did there remain any more courage in anyone because of you, for the Lord your God, He is God in heaven above and on earth beneath. - Joshua 2:11

Joshua sent two men to the enemy city of Jericho to spy out the land. Of all of the places they could end up staying, they lodged in the home of a harlot named Rahab. Once the king of Jericho heard of their whereabouts, he sent his men to go and find them, and the first place they went to was Rahab’s home. Instead of turning them in, she hid them and protected them from being caught. In return for her loyalty and faith in Israel’s God, she and her family were spared when the city walls of Jericho came down.

It is interesting to note that up until this time, neither she nor the inhabitants of Jericho had actually seen any of the Israelites. But they had heard of them. They heard of their conquests in the desert and how the Lord had parted the Red Sea. At this point, the Red Sea parting had occurred some forty years earlier. The fear of the Lord caused this response from Rahab; she knew which side she needed to be on. God had prepared the way by moving on Rahab’s heart even before these two men entered Jericho. The Israelites were about to take over the Promised Land, not because of their strength, but because of the Lord’s promise and power.

The same is true for us today. As Christians, we are blessed to live in God’s promises. The Bible is filled with His promises for us. Sometimes, the new land is hard to see and even harder to walk through, but if we just step out in faith, we will see how God has taken care of every step we need to take. As the Lord leads you in His purposes for your life, you will see how He has prepared even those around you. As God would continue to tell Joshua, “Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (Joshua 1:9) Take this message with you today and go forth in all that the Lord is leading you to do. The Jordan River will part for you when the Lord sends you in. 

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 18 Mar 2021, 9:24 pm

March 18

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 32; Mark 15:26-47

Today's Thoughts: Surrender in Thanks

In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. 1 Thessalonians 5:18

What do you do when nothing but uncertainty and insecurity fill your mind? How do you overcome the sensation that your entire body is burning as a result of fear and panic? Whether we admit it or not, all of us will have to deal at times with circumstances that overwhelm us. We all go through problems that take us by surprise, come out of nowhere and make us feel trapped that we have to surrender to its way. It has been in these times that I have cried out to God from the depths of my heart, “Why?” My thoughts range from “What have I done wrong to deserve this?” to “Where is God?” My mind sorts through the circumstance until I am exhausted, while my body burns like a fire that melts my insides. For some of us, we share the pain we are suffering because we are searching for answers and trying to sort through our thoughts and emotions. For others, we attempt to control and mask the thoughts and emotions so no one will suspect the struggles we face.

Regardless of how we look or feel in a time of crises, we need to learn how to get through those times with the Lord. The circumstances may seem to trap us, but getting and keeping control are not the answers. The only way to find freedom when life has pinned you down and chained you in is through surrender.

The word “surrender” has mixed connotations. It is an easier word to accept than “submit” but it really does have the same meaning. During those times that our mouth is praying out of panic, our inward soul needs to learn to surrender and submit to the sovereign, all powerful, ever present God. In other words, your heart needs to speak words of praise and thanksgiving even though your flesh (including your mind) is pleading for God to rescue you. It is in this place of praise that an overwhelming peace begins to cover your heart, mind, soul and quenches the fire within you. To give thanks in everything is a hard action to apply. The Christian who can truly apply this principle to his or her life demonstrates a real maturity in their walk. It is in this place that the chains of oppression will be broken, setting the captive free.

Pray about it: Oh Lord, teach me how to sincerely praise You in the good times so that a wellspring of thanks may truly overflow from my heart during those frightening, overwhelming trials. I want to walk in power and peace. I know that they stem from a heart of praise. Help me to have that heart of thanksgiving for everything You are doing in my life. In Jesus name, Amen.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 17 Mar 2021, 10:28 pm

March 17

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 30; Mark 15:1-25

Today's Thoughts: Crush, Kill and Destroy..
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil walks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

Satan is alive and well. His mission has been the same since the Garden of Eden: to crush, kill and destroy (just like the android on Lost in Space). He is good at twisting concepts and manipulating ideas into truths that are not real. Satan’s battlefield is in your mind and starts within your circumstances. He frustrates your plans, trying to crush that peace within your heart. When your attitudes don’t match, you have just become a hypocrite and Satan loves to make hypocrites out of Christians. Once you are aware of this scheme (which for some of us is a lifetime), you learn to pray and resist him by drawing near to God. You do this by learning how to discipline your behavior and choosing not to allow the fruits of the Spirit to be crushed. Praying, submitting to God and meditating on scripture are the next steps. But then Satan’s next plan of attack hits your mind. Now, Satan cannot read your mind but he can discern what you are thinking by your words and behaviors. He can also put his thoughts into your mind. I have found that many times I don’t need the devil to put bad thoughts into my mind because I can do that all by myself. I am capable of taking my own self out of the ministry or walking away from the Lord, with very little effort or attack from him.

So “be on guard” for Satan is seeking someone, like you, to devour. If you look weak, think weak, act weak, and your words express a weakness in your faith, then you will surely become his next target. Peter warns us to be sober and vigilant. Both words have similar Greek meanings: to watch and keep awake.  Obviously, this is more difficult for us because we don’t see into the spiritual realm to understand what’s going on. If we disregard the work of the enemy, we allow him to have the advantage over us.

After we pray, the Lord opens our eyes and gives us discernment to know what’s really going on. Too many Christians are apathetic and complacent. The enemy doesn’t have to bother with an apathetic and complacent Christian. That is just where he wants us to be, but God has so much more for us. The Lord has won the battle; we just have to put the armor on and pray, “Lead us not into temptation.” But when we are tempted, remember 1 John 4:4, “Greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world.” The Lord wants to give us an abundant life on this earth so why not start living it today!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 16 Mar 2021, 9:06 pm

March 16

Today’s Readings: Deuteronomy 28; Mark 14:54-72

Today's thoughts: The Gift of Salvation 

For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast. - Ephesians 2:8-9

Why is a gift of salvation so hard to accept? Why do so many people look for their own way to heaven? Why do people try to make God fit into their own belief system? Regardless of the many who reject these two verses, they are truth. There is only one way to heaven and the only Way is by receiving the free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ. Despite the growing and ever-present number of religious groups which believe otherwise, this truth will be the only one that matters when it is all said and done. Because in essence, we as mankind have a hard time accepting the “gift.” The old saying that there is no free lunch sets us up to trust only in those things we earn. Trust is the key word. Where do we put our trust? We either trust in the Lord or we trust in ourselves.

Many today try to blend a combination of the two. They trust the Lord to give them the gift of salvation because they work so hard to please Him. And these works and efforts can really look good. They attend church regularly, serve when needed, give as required, and try to live overall lives that maintain Christian moral values. But they give themselves too much credit. God does not want anyone to do anything for Him because He has already done everything for us. So how do we accept His gift? We need to realize that the gift has been given by grace, and to receive the gift, all we need to do is believe. We just need to believe in our hearts that Jesus died on the cross for all of our sins and that without Him we are spiritually dead and destined to spend eternity separated from Him. Believe in Jesus, not in man’s good works.

Are you tired and weary of trying to please God? Even if you have professed faith and accepted Jesus as your Lord, you still might be trying so hard to please Him. Today, we need to accept His promise and rest in Him. Let’s live today to the fullest in God’s gift by trusting Him in all things and all areas of our lives. Start by talking to Him. Give your heart to Jesus, give Him your burdens today and He will show you mercy. Worship and praise Him and your heart will begin to sense His joy and peace. Why would any of us desire to follow any other way?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 14 Mar 2021, 9:54 pm

Daily Disciples Devotional

March 14

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 22; Mark 14:1-26

Your Thoughts on Today’s Passage: Consider Your Ways
Then the word of the Lord came by Haggai the prophet, saying, "Is it time for you yourselves to dwell in your paneled houses, and this temple to lie in ruins?” Now therefore, thus says the Lord of hosts: "Consider your ways!" You have sown much, and bring in little; you eat, but do not have enough; you drink, but you are not filled with drink; you clothe yourselves, but no one is warm; and he who earns wages, earns wages to put into a bag with holes.” Haggai 1:3-6

The prophet Haggai was sent to speak to the group who had come back to Jerusalem to rebuild the temple of the Lord. The Book of Ezra explains how the first group came back to begin the rebuilding process. Due to great opposition, the work came to a stop over the course of time. Haggai was sent by the Lord to re-start the work and get the people going again. The Lord was telling them to get their priorities straight. They had settled into their lives and homes but the temple was still not finished. They lived in paneled houses while God's house lay in ruins (Haggai 1:4). If they took a close look at their lives, they would see how their efforts had produced little.

Do you ever feel as though you work really hard, try to do the right things, yet nothing seems to come from it? Are you blessed? Do you see the Lord's hand in your work? If you feel as though you work to put your wages in a bag with holes, then maybe you need to "consider your ways." Check your priorities. Are you giving your first fruits unto the Lord? It is not just about your work for God that matters, it is about your heart before the Lord. Is He truly first in your life? Do you do things for Him because you love Him, or is it for other reasons?

These are the questions that we all must ask ourselves. Sometimes we get so focused on our own lives that we lose God's perspective. When that happens, we often begin to sense that things are not quite right. We do not see the blessings as we would expect or hope to see. As the Lord continued to tell His people through the prophets, “Repent and Return.” The message is the same for us today. Maybe it is time to put some new priorities in your life. Pray about what the Lord wants you to re-prioritize and ask Him to help you to make the changes He wants. Instead of pockets with holes, you will see storehouses that overflow with His blessings.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 14 Mar 2021, 12:11 am

March 13

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 19; Mark 13:21-37

Today's Thoughts: The Christian life is like climbing stairs.

Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:1-2

We realize early in our Christian life that we start on the bottom floor of the staircase. Our main goal is to get up to the top. While first beginning to ascend, the climb seems to go easy and fast. After all, the need for change was evident and our goals for coming to Christ were clear. Who wants to stay on the bottom step? As we keep climbing, sometimes we wonder if we will ever make it to the top. Our muscles ache and our heart pounds at times. We pray for an elevator or escalator to make the climb easier. But God makes sure that we consciously have to make a choice to go each step, and God is not in a rush. He waits patiently, lovingly and relentlessly for us to catch our breath and relax.

At these times of rest, we look down and see what we have had to overcome just to get this high. God does not let us know how far we still have to go. But we still get overwhelmed, thinking about the remaining climb. We gaze at the top, keep looking up, and taking one step at a time. At some levels, the rest is nice with balconies and water fountains. At other times, only by faith do we keep climbing. We know that climbing back down would be a mistake but we think about it sometimes. Other times, we just want to sit right where we are without continuing in the climb, just hang out for a while in one place. We pass those on our way up the stairs who are hanging out in their spot, and then sometimes we step aside to let someone pass by who is heading back down the stairs. Those of us who continue upward know that the temptation to stop is not a valid option because we hear the Lord’s call to go higher. In our heart of hearts, we know that when we finally arrive, we will be so happy we kept climbing. There is no hurry, but no advantage to slowing down either. So we pray for a steady pace, understanding each level and making a conscious decision to move up and onward.

Where are you at today on the staircase to God? Are you hanging out, taking a break, or are you seriously contemplating heading back down? Keep a couple of things in mind: fix your eyes upward towards the top and listen for God’s voice. Not only is the Lord calling you to come, to keep moving, but He is also waiting for you. And the best part of all of it? He is with you in every step you take. So today, lift your head up and get moving. The prize awaits at the end.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 12 Mar 2021, 9:19 pm

March 12

Today’s Reading: Deuteronomy 16; Mark 13:1-20

Today's Thoughts: What Do You Boast In?

Some boast in chariots, and some in horses; But we will boast in the name of the Lord, our God. - Psalm 20:7
My friend had a blood test that came back questionable. I asked her mother about the doctor and the following steps that would be taken. Her mom’s answer ended in explaining to me the credibility of the doctor.

Intelligence, money and strength are three attributes that we love to measure in ourselves and others. Our intelligence can be measured by how hard one studied and the grades one received. We form an instant opinion when we hear certain colleges were attended with the credentials that were earned. Money tends to reflect our success. If someone is wealthy and manages their money well, we give credence as well as our respect. And strength is the last characteristic that helps us to form an opinion about someone. Are they athletic? Do they have high energy to get important things done? Do they have a disciplined body to maintain stressful positions and self control? These three things we assume we can boast about. These three things others boast about for someone else.

God does not value our intelligence, wealth or strength. God values a person who trusts and boasts in Him. All three of those characteristics are gifts—God given gifts. In light of eternity, they mean nothing and each one could be taken away in an instant through illness alone. It is great that we have good doctors to attend to us, but God is the Author and Sustainer of life. I would rather boast in the name of the Lord, my God than to put my trust in any person, despite their credentials. Turn to the Lord and seek His face. Know that you serve a God who gives gifts to men and the greatest gift given was Jesus. Do we really trust in Jesus each day?  And do we boast in His name?

Pray about it: Lord, let me not boast in my wisdom, nor in my strength, nor in my riches. I want to boast in knowing You, believing in You and understanding Your ways. (Jeremiah 9:23-24)

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 11 Mar 2021, 3:51 pm

March 11

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 13; Mark 12:28-44

Today's Thoughts: The Perfect One

“How long will you keep us in suspense?  If you are the Christ, tell us plainly.” John 10:22-24

Do you really believe that the Jewish religious leaders wanted clarity and confirmation that He is the Christ? No. Their mission was consistent in wanting Him to publicly declare that He was Messiah in order to justify attacking and eventually killing Him. Their motive doesn’t surprise me, but Jesus’ consistent patience, sincerity and honesty absolutely surprises me. He continually answers their questions and exposes their hearts. These religious men think that they are so perfect—perfect in their knowledge of the scriptures, perfect in judging and criticizing. And now they think that they are perfectly justified in killing the only Perfect person who ever lived. Jesus once again repeats over and over that they will not understand because they are not His sheep. Jesus’ sheep hear His voice, know Him and follow Him. Jesus tells us that His Father fully supports Him and loves Him. And so we know that no one will snatch us out of the Father’s hand either. The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are united in their plans and purpose for sheep preservation. They are committed to the security and safety of the sheep. As His sheep, we have the responsibility to hear, obey and to follow where He leads. But if you know Jesus, regardless of how far you stray, He will eventually lead you back for nothing can separate you from the love of God.

Pray about it:Oh Lord, thank You for being my Good Shepherd. You know me, love me, call me by name, and lead me. You also tell me that nothing will snatch me away from You. I am so thankful that You will complete the work You started in me and that You will get me to where I need to be. Please help me to live by fully trusting You. I want the attitude of my heart and the meditations of my mind to be without fear, doubt, worry and insecurity. Thanks for taking care of me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 10 Mar 2021, 9:59 pm

March 10

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 10; Mark 12:1-27

Today's Thoughts: Can We Know His Thoughts?
Surely the Sovereign Lord does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets. Amos 3:7

Truly we, as believers, can know His plans before they happen. Many times, we hear others say, “I knew that was going to happen.” But how easy it is to say that after the fact! God is saying that we can know before.

I learned early in my walk with the Lord to be quiet before Him. I would read a Scripture passage until I felt God was speaking to me. I would determine that the Lord was speaking because the verse would seem special in some way, applicable in some way or I considered the verse to be a new thought. I would just stop and ponder and pray it back to God, asking Him to make His message clear to me for the day. In the quietness, the Lord would speak to my heart. It would start as an impression at first. I would pray about it and ask God questions about the impression until His wisdom became “louder or firmer” than my thoughts, questions and distractions. Next, I would step out in faith and test the message. If it is the Lord, He would confirm it through bringing it to pass or giving me similar messages through His Word or others.

Today, I pray this verse to the Lord, knowing that He will reveal His plan to me because I long to be His servant and want to live in His will. God is faithful and if you ask, He will answer. If you learn to be still, He will speak. If you listen, He will reveal His plan. After years of relating to the Lord like this, you will then know that you know His will before the fact, for He promises that He does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the prophets. So the first step is to find out if you are His servant.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Mar 2021, 5:11 pm

March 9

Today's Reading: Deuteronomy 7; Mark 11:19-33

Today's Thoughts: Because of Who He is

The Lord did not set His love on you nor choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the least of all peoples; but because the Lord loves you, and because He would keep the oath which He swore to your fathers, the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you from the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt. Deuteronomy 7:7-8  

Moses reminds the children of Israel that it was not because of anything they had done to be chosen as His people. God had made a covenant with Abraham and promised him that his descendants would be more numerous than the stars. God showed Abraham the land in which they would dwell. God also told Abraham that his descendents would have dark years of bondage. It would be several hundred years later before the Israelites would actually enter the Promised Land. But by the end of this appointed time, they consisted of twelve tribes and millions of people. God knew the end from the beginning. He knew how vast a nation they would be. He set His love on them because He is love, not because of who they were or what they did.

By God’s great mercy and grace, He chooses us today. He loves us beyond our understanding. He has plans for us beyond our imaginations, not because of whowe are but because of WhoHe is. When we begin to appreciate God’s character, then we can begin to rest in Him. We cannot earn rewards by impressing God with our works. We can never be good enough or do enough good deeds. In reality, it is not about us at all. It is all about God. Everything God does, He does because He is God. God is love. God is righteous. God is faithful. God is perfect in every way. God is all-knowing, all-powerful and ever-present. God cannot be anything but who He is. Therefore, God will nevernot love us. God will neverlet us down. God can never go against His own character.

The Bible clearly teaches us God’s character. When we spend time in His Word, we learn more and more about Who He is. We learn of His activities throughout history and how He dealt with the people. We are given amazing insight into His plans and purposes through His prophets. We learn of His never changing love and faithfulness in ways that pierce our hearts. And most of all, we learn of how He transacted His covenant of love to us  by sending His Son to die on a cross so we could inherit the land He has for us. As the song goes, “Not because of who I am, but because of what You’ve done, not because of what I’ve done, but because of Who You are.” We need to get to know who the Lord is and who He wants to be in your life today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 16 Feb 2021, 8:27 pm

February 16

Today's Reading: Leviticus 19; Matthew 27:51-66

Today's Thoughts: An Idol in Your Life?  
Do not turn to idols, nor make for yourselves molded gods: I am the Lord your God. Leviticus 19:4

When we think of idols, most of us do not think of worshiping some molded statue. Today, some religions do bow down to gods with the image of a man, woman or creature, but certainly not Christians. We know that an idol is anything that we prioritize over God, not necessarily a literal man-made god that we worship. But then again, we do have the “Oscars.” Each year Hollywood gives out these little gold statues to its most honored artists. The evening gowns, the jewelry, and the parties are also a big part of this night of awards and acclamations. However, it is not just for those who attend the event and are nominated for the golden honor…it seems that many of us get caught up in the excitement as well.

As Christians, what are our responsibilities in supporting or not supporting this industry?  How much should we care about the movies and about these little golden statues? For some, it is harmless entertainment. For others, it is a continuing sign of moral decay in our society. Where are the lines for us as Christians? The answers to these questions are based upon a personal conviction for each one of us. If we somehow are choosing these idols over our Lord, then maybe we should really pray about our level of interest.

The bigger issue is that God warned His people to turn from their idols and false gods because He knew where it would lead them…to destruction. The same is true for us today. When we focus on things outside of Jesus, our focus is marred with images that are not healthy. No greater place breeds false images than Hollywood. Think about your level of interest. If you feel a nudge in your spirit, ask the Lord to show you areas that need refocusing. We must also remember that our minds tend to replay images over and over in our minds, so be careful of the content in those images. If you find yourself thinking on things of the world too much, ask the Lord to change your focus.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 15 Feb 2021, 10:15 pm

February 15

Today's Reading: Leviticus 17; Matthew 27:27-50

Today’s Thoughts: Refined and Tested

This third I will bring into the fire; I will refine them like silver and test them like gold. They will call on my name and I will answer them; I will say, “They are my people, and they will say, The LORD is our God.”  Zechariah 13:9
I read a verse like this and ask the Lord, “Why do the ones that you choose and love need to be refined and tested?” In some strange way, I look at love so much differently.

It is not natural in the flesh to look at my children and think that I willingly plan to discipline them. I often succumb to discipline when their actions are not socially acceptable, and it embarrasses me. I really want to believe that they don't need me to discipline them and that they'll grow out of their stage. I want to believe that I can show love by having the self-control to not discipline them and patiently wait for them to grow up.  This is what my flesh wants to believe, that this is absolutely wrong because God is perfect love and He does not think that way.  So, I need to align myself up with Him: both as a parent and as a child of God.

God says in this verse that He brings His own people into the fire. It is in the fire that we are refined like silver and tested like gold. If He is comparing us to precious metals, then we have to assume that the fire is pretty hot! The Lord does this for our good. He wants us to call on His name and know that He will answer because we are His people.

His people have to be trained, disciplined, tested and refined to think His thoughts and to live in His ways. Because our flesh is so strong, we resist His work and end up turning from the Lord or blaming Him. We accuse Him of not being loving or caring. We wonder why He isn’t answering our prayers or rescuing us from those hot circumstances, without realizing that He is the One who has placed us there.

God loves you. He is all powerful and can absolutely rescue you but He cares more about you than you can care about yourself. He needs you to change to be more like Him. Unfortunately, that takes time in the fire. Trust Him because this is only for a season. For when you are trained, you will produce a harvest of righteousness and a deep peace knowing that He is your God.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 12 Feb 2021, 12:12 am

February 11

Today's Reading: Leviticus 11; Matthew 26:1-25

Today's Thoughts: Extraordinary Prayer

"God heeded the voice of man" Joshua 10:14 

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
There are numerous scriptures and stories throughout the Bible that encourage us to pray. Prayer is so important in our lives as Christians, yet it often gets reduced to either 911-type cries for help or routine words that we are accustomed to praying. In the case of Joshua and the battle with the Amorites, he asked the Lord for a miracle of major proportions. Joshua dared to ask God that the sun would not set until their enemies were defeated. Not only did God answer Joshua's prayer but verse 14 further states that "there has been no day like that, before it or after it, that the Lord heeded the voice of a man; for the Lord fought for Israel." The Lord listened and responded to the voice of man.

Does God heed the voice of man today? James 5:16 says that the effective fervent prayers of a righteous man avails much. Jesus tells us to ask, seek and knock and that whatever we ask in His name will be given. The key to answered prayers, however, is in praying God's will. Because we have the Holy Spirit and the Word of God, we can know how to pray God's will for our lives (I should add "better know" because there are still times when we all struggle to truly understand how to pray the will of God.) But regardless of what we know or how we pray, the point is that we need to pray to the Lord for everything. We should not hold back from asking the Lord for anything we want. It is up to Him to decide if or how He answers.

This day in Joshua's life was extraordinary to say the least. God gave him extra daylight time to completely destroy the five kings who had fled from him. God not only answered Joshua's prayer, but He divinely intervened in this battle Himself. When God has a plan, no one can thwart or hinder what He is going to do. Sometimes we need to pray just for peace in the situation we are in, knowing that the Lord will have His way no matter what we do or do not do. God kept His promises to Joshua and the Israelites and He demonstrated His faithfulness to them in amazing ways.

Is this the same God in our lives today? Absolutely! Do not stop praying and do not allow the enemy to hinder your faith in your prayers. The Lord may not extend our days by keeping the sun from setting, but there are miracles that He does perform in our lives that hold just as much impact. Has God given you promises? Believe in faith that He will fulfill them in your life, maybe not in your timing or by your methods, but in His. He is the same God today as He was to Joshua. Are you expecting the same of Him?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 10 Feb 2021, 5:46 pm

February 10

Today's Reading: Leviticus 8; >Matthew 25:31-46

Today's Thoughts: Not Alone

Then the rib which the Lord God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. And Adam said: "This is now bone of my bones And flesh of my flesh; She shall be called Woman, Because she was taken out of Man." Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh. Genesis 2:22-24

When God put Adam in the Garden of Eden, He gave him everything he needed. Adam was in charge of the plants and the animals. He would never get hungry or thirsty. He never had to worry about bad weather or shelter from the elements. Best of all, Adam had a personal relationship with God, one can only imagine how wonderful that must have been. But even with all of his needs being met, God knew that Adam was alone. None of the animals served as a comparable mate, even though Adam knew them and named them. God loved Adam so much that He made a mate just for him – a woman.

In society today, there is much debate about the roles of man and woman, especially related to marriage issues. There are those who disagree with the biblical account of what God intended in creating man and woman and why He put them together in the first place. We get hung up on the concepts, duties and rights of marriage to the point that the true meaning of it is lost. The most basic element of marriage is companionship, to never have to be alone. God's heart for us is that we never feel alone. Whether married or not, we need friends and relationships that encourage and edify us. Loneliness can be debilitating and depressing to the point of death.

Where are you today? Most of us are living in the Garden, where our basic needs are met, but what about true companionship? If you are lonely and feeling isolated, start praying to the Lord for His help. The enemy will keep you isolated as long as he can. Take the steps to get involved in a Bible study with small groups and fellowship opportunities. Volunteer and get involved to help others. In helping others, you also help yourself. You never know what God has in store for you. One thing you can be sure of – He does not want you to be alone.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Feb 2021, 10:08 pm

February 9

Today's Reading: Leviticus 6; Matthew 25:1-30

Today's Thoughts: To Seek Him Face to Face

So I said: "Woe is me, for I am undone! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, The LORD of hosts." Isaiah 6:5

As Christians, our desire is to be with Jesus. Personally, I would love to see Him face-to-face. I would talk to Him about my heart's desires and goals, and even if He didn't respond, I would love to read His facial expressions. To be in the presence of the Lord seems like the best thing imaginable.

Isaiah did not have to imagine it; however, because he experienced it. Of course, his experience is more accurate than my imagination. Isaiah did see the Lord, but Isaiah did not talk about himself or go over his prayer requests in God's presence. Isaiah was confronted with his sin. Isaiah was also aware of the sins of the people and the inadequacy all of us face in the presence of the Lord. Isaiah realized that we are all undone, unworthy and unclean. We have no way of changing these things for we live in a midst of people and within a world of sinfulness. Seeing the Lord brings forth a holy fear that we are nothing and we deserve nothing.

It is amazing to me that Isaiah brings attention to his unclean lips (instead of his eyes having seen the Lord). The angel had a treatment for his unclean lips, touched by a coal from God's altar. With that process, Isaiah's iniquity was taken away and his sin purged. Why his lips and not his heart or his eyes?

If you think about what Jesus taught, the lips make sense in the spiritual realm. Jesus said that out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks (Luke 6:45). Isaiah's lips represent his heart. Isaiah would respond to the call of God, but in order to go and speak for God, his heart needed to be touched.

This same process starts with our eyes being opened to our unworthiness as we come before the presence of God. Then, we will realize that our heart needs to be cleansed so we can represent Him with the words of our lips. This is a continual process. It is easy to be swayed away and think we are being used by God because of our works of righteousness. It is not about us. We need to be about Jesus.

Today, ask Him to send you. Respond to His call. But first, set your eyes on the Lord's majesty, awesomeness and purity. Understand that you are not worthy to be used but He has made a way to wash you through the blood of Christ so that you can speak for Him from a cleansed heart. All you have to say is, "Here am I! Send me."

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 08 Feb 2021, 11:29 pm

February 8

Today's Reading: Leviticus 4; Matthew 24:29-51

Today's Thoughts: The Power of Unity

Now the whole earth had one language and one speech. And they said, "Come, let us build ourselves a city, and a tower whose top is in the heavens; let us make a name for ourselves, lest we be scattered abroad over the face of the whole earth." But the Lord came down to see the city and the tower which the sons of men had built. And the Lord said, "Indeed the people are one and they all have one language, and this is what they begin to do; now nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them. Genesis 11:1, Genesis 11:4-6

The tower of Babel is a familiar story in the Old Testament. After the flood, Noah and his sons were fruitful and multiplied, populating the "whole earth." The people had one major commonality: they all spoke the same language. In the course of time, many of them moved into the same region and decided to build a city together. This city would have a tall tower, one so spectacular that they would be well-known for creating such an awesome sight.

Their intentions concerned the Lord as He looked upon what they were doing. Once again, man was heading in a direction of self-serving, self-loving ambition that would only lead them farther away from God. God intervened and confused their speech. No one understood each other anymore, hence Babel means confusion. The tower of Babel represented the place where the people's language was no longer of one accord. God scattered the people abroad, with only those who understood each other staying together and multiplying.

Though this story is quite familiar, as I read through it again, I noticed something very interesting. In verse 6, the Lord recognizes that the people have a unity of such power that "nothing that they propose to do will be withheld from them." The NIV Bible uses the phrase "nothing will be impossible" for them. Even though these people were in sin, their unified focus gave them an extraordinary ability to achieve the impossible.

How much more can we achieve if we work together as the body of Christ? The apostle Paul tells us that gifts were given individually to those in the body of Christ to work together as one for the whole body of Christ.

As Christians, we need to recognize our power in being unified together. When we stand together for a common purpose, surely nothing can stop us. Unfortunately, we too often stand alone. Pray about getting involved in your church ministries. How can you join forces with the body of Christ to help achieve certain goals? The only thing that usually stops us is fear. But don't worry, instead of God coming down to confuse our language, He will come down to help us better understand each other through His Word.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 07 Feb 2021, 6:16 pm

February 7

Today’s Reading: Leviticus 1; Matthew 24:1-28

Today's Thoughts: In Order

The sons of Aaron the priest shall put fire on the altar, and lay the wood in order on the fire. Leviticus 1:7

I was reading a few weeks ago about Abraham preparing the altar for Isaac. Abraham had laid the wood in order on the altar before placing Isaac on it. The more I looked at the words “in order” the more I wondered why the wood had to be laid in a specific manner. How could wood be distinguished in such a way as to know if it was “in order” or not?

The Lord brought to my mind the other ways that He established His order for things. In Exodus 28:10, the names of the tribes of Israel were placed on the breastplate of the ephod in order of their birth. In Exodus chapter 40, Moses places the articles of the tabernacle in the order as God had instructed him. Even the showbread was placed “in order” on the table “as the Lord had commanded Moses.” (Exodus 40:23) We see God’s purpose for order in many places in Scripture.

Our God is a God of order and He takes it very seriously. Isaiah, the prophet, told King Hezekiah "Thus says the Lord: 'Set your house in order, for you shall die, and not live.' (2 Kings 20:1) Hezekiah was not going to die because his house was not in order, but because he had a sickness unto death. The Lord wanted his house in order before he died.

This priority of order is also seen in the New Testament as Paul would tell the Corinthians to “let all things be done decently and in order.” (1 Corinthians 14:40) He was referring to how the gifts were being used in the church as relating to the conduct of the people.

Is your house in order today? Did you know that is an important part of our walk with the Lord? When our houses are in order, we have more peace and contentment than when they are in disarray. As women, we set the tone for the home and are accountable before the Lord for how we honor and obey Him in our responsibilities. Are you struggling with disorder?

Ask the Lord to reveal ways you can improve things that are out of order in your life. If God wants wood to be put in order, how much more does He want our homes and days in order? We just need to start asking Him to show us how. We need to be willing to give Him the first fruits of our days and let Him lead us in the rest of it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 06 Feb 2021, 10:49 pm

February 6

Today's Reading: Exodus 39; Matthew 23:23-39

Today's Thoughts:  Working Weary or Working With the Lord?

Thus Moses did; according to all that the Lord had commanded him, so he did. And he raised up the court all around the tabernacle and the altar, and hung up the screen of the court gate. So Moses finished the work. Exodus 40:16, Exodus 40:33           

Have you felt overwhelmed by too much work? Many times, we are overloaded with overbooked calendars and too little time to do the things we have to do, not to mention the things we would like to do. Most of us are always busy trying to complete the tasks or jobs for the day.

Our society is works-based in every way imaginable. The eighties were a decade that made longer workdays the in-thing. Forty-hour weeks were considered short in comparison to the more popular sixty to eighty-hour weeks. Stay-at-home moms had to get busier too. Today, with advances in technology and a “faster is better” mentality, doing more is a must.

Even our kids are obliged to participate in extra-extracurricular activities, thinking they are necessary for higher education opportunities. As a result, many of us are worn out, stressed out, and burned out from so much work.

In studying the construction of the tabernacle and its articles, we do not read of any overwhelming or stressful problems. The Lord commanded Moses who commanded the people to do all that the Lord had spoken. Simply put, Moses did what the Lord commanded and finished the work. What are we to learn from this story? The work that Moses did was given to him by the Lord. Moses followed the instructions to the exact detail, nothing added, nothing omitted.

The Lord gave the gifts that were needed to do all of the designs and the Lord had already provided the required materials. The building of the tabernacle is a beautiful example of a perfect union between God and man. And the results were nothing short of miraculous.

Think for a moment about the work you are doing today. Did the Lord instruct you to do these things? Has God given you the tools and talents to carry out the work? Are you working in unison with God, following His instructions and doing all that He says? The things we choose to do outside of the Lord's plans for us will lead to fatigue, frustration and futility in our efforts. We get so busy just being busy that many of us do not stop to include the Lord in our activities.

Have you spent time with the Lord today? Is He part of your "work" day? Maybe there is a tabernacle project in your life and God wants to do something miraculous through you. Pray that today is the day you let God take over all of your work. Get together with Him and see what happens.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Feb 2021, 10:37 pm

February 5

Today's Reading: Exodus 36; Matthew 23:1-22

Today's Thoughts: Know, Believe and Understand

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I remember the time that I stood up in Sunday School class and quoted John 3:16 by memory. My voice cracked and my knees knocked as I nervously recited the words of this verse. To this day it remains one of my life verses, not only for this life, but also for my eternal one as well. The love of God has given me the assurance of everlasting life because I believe in His Son and what He did on the cross. I know He loves me.

More than once we have had people come up to us after one of our teachings and share with us that they have finally believed that God truly loves them. Many people who have known the Lord for years and have served Him in faithful works do not fully understand or believe that God loves them unconditionally. The world is seeking to find true love, but in all the wrong places. True love can only be found in the One who created us, our Heavenly Father. For God so loved the world...and yet so many refuse to believe.

I pray today that you will know the love of God. It is His will for us to "know, believe and understand" who He is. (Isaiah 43:10) If you are struggling with knowing the love of God, ask Him to show you and to help you believe and understand who He is and who He wants to be in your life. Do not waste another day wondering...seek out the truth.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Feb 2021, 6:29 pm

February 4

Today's Reading: Exodus 34; Matthew 22:23-46

Today's Thoughts: Go to the Lord First

He also hired a hundred thousand fighting men from Israel for a hundred talents of silver. But a man of God came to him and said, "O king, these troops from Israel must not march with you, for the LORD is not with Israel-not with any of the people of Ephraim. Even if you go and fight courageously in battle, God will overthrow you before the enemy, for God has the power to help or to overthrow." Amaziah asked the man of God, "But what about the hundred talents I paid for these Israelite troops?" The man of God replied, "The LORD can give you much more than that."  2 Chronicles 25:6-9

Amaziah was king of Judah and though he did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, he did not follow the Lord wholeheartedly. One day Amaziah decided to muster his army, so he took count all of his able-bodied fighting men. Thinking he needed more troops, he hired another hundred thousand fighting men from Israel. Now at this time, the kingdoms of Judah and Israel were divided, each with their own kings. The Lord was with Judah because of His covenant with David but the Lord was not with Israel, especially as their kings were evil, wicked and against the Lord. So, the Lord sent a prophet, "a man of God," to speak with Amaziah about sending the men from Israel back home. Even though Amaziah did as the man of God instructed, his first concern was about the money that he had already spent. The response from the man of God should speak to our hearts even today; "The LORD can give you much more than that."

Sometimes we fail (or forget) to realize that our God is in charge and has ownership of all things, even all the money of the world. We can get so caught up in making things balance out that we think we do not need to depend on the Lord. Many of us hate to waste money or waste things of value. We try to be good stewards. We try to make the right decisions. But, sometimes we act before we pray and we make decisions that may not be God's will for us.

The best course in making decisions is to take them all to the Lord first. But if you find yourself in a place of looking backwards (as we all do at times), then ask the Lord to work it out and even to replace what was lost. You will be amazed to watch how God works through our situations, even our mistakes, and He can replace what was lost in the process. Do not bear the burden alone—take it to the Lord. He loves to rescue. The rest of the story of Amaziah? He went into battle after sending the hundred thousand troops home and the Lord delivered him the victory. He will give us the victory when we seek His help in all things.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 03 Feb 2021, 9:20 pm

February 3

Today's Reading: Exodus 31; Matthew 22:1-22

Today’s Thoughts: You Are Called by Name

Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: "See, I have called by name Bezalel… And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship. And I, indeed I, have appointed with him Aholiab… and I have put wisdom in the hearts of all who are gifted artisans, that they may make all that I have commanded you” Exodus 31:1-6

Do you know that the Lord has called you by name and that He has a specific purpose for your life? Do you know that not only has He called you but also that He has filled you with His Holy Spirit who will teach you all things? (1 John 2:27) Even if you answer “yes” to these questions, you may not fully grasp the meaning, most of us probably do not. The two men named in the above verses were appointed and anointed by God to complete a specific task to design and construct the tabernacle. Ordinary men performed an extraordinary and supernatural task. We also have the indwelling Spirit of God who wants to guide us in performing extraordinary and supernatural tasks. But, how?

We first must believe that God’s Word is true, without exception or compromise. He has promised us His Holy Spirit to be our Helper and Teacher (John 14:26) and further says that we are sealed with this promise (Ephesians 1:13). Throughout the Book of Acts several accounts are mentioned regarding the infilling of the Holy Spirit. When we accept Jesus into our hearts, He enters in and lives within us through His Spirit. But the first step is to believe.

As we claim this promise as truth, we need to start asking for the same kinds of gifts as given to the two men in Exodus chapter 31.  We should pray for wisdom, knowledge and understanding so that in all things we are seeking to do God’s will and to fulfill His purpose. Paul says in Ephesians 4:1 “to walk worthy of the calling in which you were called” and the only way we can truly know our calling is to seek a spiritual wisdom and understanding that only comes from God. Through His Holy Spirit, He will teach us and lead us to perform and complete the tasks He has chosen for us.

To summarize, if you have received Jesus Christ as your Savior, then you are filled with His Holy Spirit. But to truly live out your calling, you must believe in faith in what His word teaches and pray for the spiritual wisdom, knowledge and understanding to apply His guidance to your life. Bezalel and Aholiab were ordinary guys called for a supernatural purpose. They received, they believed and they performed. Start praying today for the Lord to train you to yield more to His Spirit and to teach you with His wisdom how to walk worthy of your calling.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 02 Feb 2021, 9:41 pm

February 2

Today's Reading: Exodus 29; Matthew 21:23-46

Today's Thoughts: Growing Up

When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things. 1 Cor. 13:11

When we first come to Christ, we are like babies. We crawl, then we wobble and stumble until we finally start to walk. Once we learn to walk, we want to walk faster, farther and without hindrances. Then we realize that the only way to go is upward, aiming for heaven. We do not want to move sideways any longer, but straight up. So we look up and try to figure out how to move up with the same pace… farther, faster, and without hindrances.

But God does not desire for us to move up as of yet. In John 17:15, Jesus prayed, “I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.” Being taken out of the world would be to move up and to get out of here. That is the natural desire of our heart when we really come to know Jesus. We just want to be with Him and we just want to see Him and please Him. Wouldn’t it be great if the moment we met the Lord on earth, He brought us up to heaven?

We would accept Him in faith on earth but immediately see Him face-to-face in heaven. But…that was not His will nor His prayer for us. His desire is that we learn to advance from crawling to walking. His desire is that we walk by faith. Walking by faith does not come naturally. The believer’s stages of development are not easy but necessary. The Lord wants us to become mature, healthy, spirit-filled believers able to continue the work He began. Growing up is difficult because it always involves discipline. We are not born physically or spiritually knowing what is right and wrong.

Many times we need to learn through trial and error. God is patient and loving to guide us and love us through those hard times of discipline. So, the Lord’s plan for us is not to move up, but to grow up.

Pray about it: Oh Lord, thank You for being my Lord. You love me so much to help me through every stage of growth and maturity. Remind me that You are always on my side, guiding me and directing me to the next stage for my own good. Mature me so that You may use me. I love You Lord. Let my life reflect my love for You.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 22 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 17 ... 22  Next