World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyYesterday at 11:17 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyYesterday at 11:13 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyYesterday at 11:11 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyYesterday at 10:59 pm by Admin

»  Israel's Eurovision song Hurricane.
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyYesterday at 10:16 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyYesterday at 9:36 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyYesterday at 12:17 am by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyYesterday at 12:14 am by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyYesterday at 12:11 am by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyYesterday at 12:02 am by Admin

» israelAM
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

» Sign Petition Against Antisemitism
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:26 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:20 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 11:17 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyFri 10 May 2024, 5:45 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 10:38 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:55 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:37 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Daily Disciples - Page 18 EmptyThu 09 May 2024, 9:31 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 18 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Wed 24 Apr 2019, 11:11 am

April 24

Today's Reading: 2 Samuel 19; Luke 18:1-23

Today's Thoughts: Seasonal Changes

But his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He will be like a tree firmly planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in its season, And its leaf does not wither; And in whatever he does, he prospers. - Psalm 1:2-3

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
My aunt came from the east coast to visit. Our days were filled with theme parks, shopping malls, and numerous activities. One evening, as we were planning for the next day, she said, "Can't we see what the weather does and then decide?" That question took me by surprise. Those of us living in Southern California tend to not factor in the weather until we actually see it raining. Why? Because there are few seasonal changes here. Even when the weather forecaster predicts rain, wind patterns change frequently and we often do not get the predicted rain or inclement weather.

Her statement, however, had greater implications. She was tired and ready to slow down and change the pace. On the east coast, weather is a natural boundary that helps adjust schedules and lifestyles. Although the sunny skies are an advantage for most daily events and plans, Southern Californians have to make a conscious effort to rest and slow down. God knows that we need cycles of rest as much as periods of productivity. He factors into our lives spiritual seasons of sunny skies, rainy days, snowed in days and even some hurricanes, tornados and thunderstorms. Why? Because in each of these events, God wants to show Himself faithful and build our faith to trust in Him.

Make a commitment to understand the ways of the Lord. If every day were perfect, there would be no dependency on the Lord or desire to be with God in heaven. Factor in time to spend with the Lord before your day starts. He will prepare you for the weather changes in your spiritual life for the day. The Lord's desire for you is to be stable and consistent, even when the seasons are not. By considering God in your day, you will find peace and joy regardless of what the weather brings.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 14 Apr 2019, 11:31 am

April 14

Today’s Verses: 1 Samuel 22; Luke 12:1-31

Today’s Thoughts: Every 15 Minutes Living Dead

For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life. - John 3:16 

Every 15 Minutes is an intense two-day program designed to caution high school juniors and seniors against the dangers of drinking and driving. The program’s name was conceived from the statistic that every fifteen minutes someone in the United States dies in an alcohol related traffic accident. This program was initiated at the high school which my children attend. It did not only impact the high school students; however, I was really surprised by how it impacted me.           

A private meeting was called for 25 high school students and their parents. After arriving and hearing the introductory announcements, the parents were told that our child was chosen to become one of “the living dead.” Our requirements for participation were to send in baby and current pictures, fill out an obituary, write a goodbye letter to your child, and attend the funeral service. Seriously, I glared at my son trying to hold myself together and said, “I don’t think I can do this.” Throughout the entire program, I definitely prayed more about the emotional components than the actual physical participation. 

Looking back on the 24 hour period, I can tell you that the most challenging part for me was writing my son’s good bye letter.

I was restless for quite awhile before I could pick up the pen. When I prayed, God did give me the words to write and He revealed to me many amazing insights.  I realized that God is not the God of the dead, but the living (Matthew 22:32). When we are in Christ, we are always alive, even if physically dead.  Jesus links heaven to earth. I literally saw a mental picture of Jesus with His arms stretched out, one hand was touching heaven and the other was touching earth. He was the bridge that connected the living on earth to the living in heaven. Death had no relevance or significance because of Jesus.

The term “living dead” had a whole new meaning. There is hope for the believer as Jesus’ words from John 5:24-25 came back to mind, "I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life.” Jesus fills in the great chasm. He continued to say, “I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.” How can the dead “hear?” The answer is “with spiritual ears.” Life on earth is not just about the body but about the Spirit. The Spirit is what lives forever.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 07 Apr 2019, 1:06 pm

April 7

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 7 Luke 9:18-36  

Today's Thoughts: Everlasting Mercy

And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of My Father's hand. John 10:28-29 

During my sophomore year of college, I took a class on religious literature. We studied a variety of poetry, sermons and even the Psalms. One piece of literature I remember most was written by Jonathan Edwards called "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God." The professor told us that Edwards did not preach this sermon from memory but held his hand-written notes inches away from his glasses, straining to see the words in a dimly lit church. The intensity of the message moved the listeners so much that they crawled up the center aisle with hearts of repentance and remorse, longing to be saved. Jonathan Edwards is still known and quoted for the message he delivered that day.

I have seen a lot of play on words with Edwards' title like, "Sinners in the hands of a loving God." But the remix is not nearly as powerful or life changing as the original. We are all sinners held in God's hands. This God we serve is known as a consuming fire, all powerful and holy. If not for His mercy, we would all be consumed. If we understood who we really are, we could not get out of bed in the morning. God's mercy allows us to handle our own thoughts. We try to justify ourselves as we compare the extent of our sins with others. But the Book of Romans says that only Jesus can justify us. It is Jesus' justification that covers our sins, forgives our sins and blesses us despite our ability and extent to commit sin. Many Christians are walking around thinking that they have crucified their flesh, and that they are living a Spirit-filled life. They feel good about themselves because they do not think they are committing any of the top sins (murder, adultery, stealing). But they have no power; they just have their own rationalizations. God knows better because God sees the heart. If we really understood our sinfulness, we would be flat on our faces every day begging for forgiveness, understanding that God has every right to be angry.

We serve an awesome God. Praise God that He desires for us to live in hope and not in condemnation. His mercy surrounds us and His love blankets us. God wants to give us life in abundance. He does not desire for any to be destroyed. God desires to hold us up, not to push us down. If you are having thoughts that bring you away from God, that is condemnation. If you are having thoughts that are leading you towards the Lord—to be forgiven and restored—that is conviction.

God wants to show you His loving kindness and mercy. Turn to Jesus to be saved from your sins. Being in His hands is the safest place of all.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 06 Apr 2019, 10:33 pm

April 6

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 4:1-6; Luke 9:1-17

Today's Thoughts:  Are You Hiding by the Baggage?

Therefore they inquired further of the Lord, "Has the man come here yet?" So the Lord said, "Behold, he is hiding himself by the baggage." 1 Samuel 10:22

One day, Saul went out to search for his lost donkeys. The next day, Saul was anointed to be the first king of Israel. Saul found something for which he wasn’t searching. Even though he was anointed by Samuel, Saul hid himself by the baggage when it came time to reveal his anointing as Israel’s first King. The Scriptures tell us that he was empowered by the Holy Spirit and changed internally. But on the outside, not much changed. He went back home and plowed the fields until one more day. At that point, Saul was ready to accept his calling and outwardly became what God had already changed in him inwardly.

The same thing happens to us. Many times God calls us to do something that we weren’t searching for either. We know that the prayers that we are praying seem impossible. We know that something is changing on the inside of our hearts, but to break free and become that person on the outside is beyond our doing. We then struggle between the God-given prayers on our hearts and the person we are in the flesh. How can the two become one?

And when? The answer is time or should I say, “in His time.” Regardless of what the Lord has put on your heart, you can’t receive all He has for you until you have the character to keep you there. In the passing of time, the Lord is molding you through different circumstances, conflicts and experiences as training for the real deal. Take every encounter you go through seriously. Praise Him through the difficulties and maintain self control when He pushes you to your limit. He will exalt you in due time. As the Scriptures say in Galatians 6:9, “And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we shall reap if we do not grow weary.”

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Apr 2019, 4:58 pm

April 5

Today's Reading: 1 Samuel 1; Luke 8:26-56

Today's Thoughts: A Plan for You

So Samuel grew, and the Lord was with him and let none of his words fall to the ground. 1 Samuel 3:19

Before Samuel was born, his mother Hannah prayed for a miracle from God to open her closed womb. She promised the Lord that she would dedicate her baby to Him, and she kept her promise. After Hannah weaned Samuel, she took him to live with Eli the priest, in the house of God. As a child, Samuel began to hear the Lord's voice. He spoke God's words as instructed. As Samuel grew up, he did as the Lord commanded him and was well-known among the people as the Lord's prophet. It is easy to see that God had a clear plan for the life of Samuel, even before he was conceived. And Samuel is seen by some even today as one similar to Moses in his heart and character before God and the people of God. What a blessed life in the Lord!

I used to read this story and be a little envious of Samuel's relationship with God. Samuel was divinely chosen for a specific purpose at a specific time. And he heard the Lord's voice so clearly that he thought it was Eli calling for him (1 Samuel 3:3-10). Then the Lord reminded me that I have even more than Samuel had – I have the Holy Spirit living in me. I have the Word of God written in its entirety. I have the risen Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Savior. What else could I possibly need or want? The issue is not about what I have or do not have in the Lord; the issue is whether or not I live my life like I believe it.

God's Word tells us that He has a plan for our lives. God's Word tells us that He knew us before we were formed in our mothers' wombs. God's Word tells us everything we need to know about who our Lord is, just so we can trust and believe in Him. Before you were born, God saw the entirety of your life, from beginning to end. He is never surprised or caught off guard by your behavior or sins. His desire for each of us is that we grow in Him, that we love Him with all that we are, and that we give Him all that we have. Then, His words will be spoken through us and our lives will unfold His divine purpose, all for His glory. Ask the Lord today to help you find strength and confidence in knowing He has a plan and purpose to bless your life from beginning to end.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Apr 2019, 7:04 pm

April 4

Today’s Readings: Ruth 1; Luke 8:1-25

Today’s Thoughts: Happy Easter

“…which in other ages was not made known to the sons of men, as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to His holy apostles and prophets: that the Gentiles should be fellow heirs, of the same body, and partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel…” Ephesians 3:5-6

We have just taught Ephesians chapter 3 on the mystery of Christ in our local Bible study. Paul explains that the message of Christ was hidden from ages to ages. But the apostle Paul also explains that the holy apostles and prophets dropped hints that the Gentiles (anyone not Jewish) would receive salvation through the coming of Christ. Probably because its Easter time, I couldn’t help to think of how the Easter egg hunt is a great illustration of the hidden message of Jesus.

During the toddler years, the parents would “hide” the egg right on the top of the lawn. The challenge was for the toddler to actually see colored egg, walk up to it and balance themselves enough to pick it up. The next challenge was to get the toddler to claim the Easter egg as their own as they hopefully placed it in their basket. As the child grows, so does the challenge of hiding the Easter eggs. I have found myself giving my children hints by telling them if they are “hot” or “cold” in their searching.

The Lord tells us also to search for Him with all our hearts. As I have done that, I too have noticed that the Lord is giving me clues in my searching. As we seek the Lord, we discover more about His will for our lives. After a while, I can tell in my search if I am hot or cold as the Spirit leads and guides my heart.

The coming of Jesus was like the Easter egg placed on the grass for the toddler. God didn’t expect much from us. Jesus was sent to this earth to be noticed, embraced and hopefully to make Him our own by placing Him in our hearts. Today, Easter is a celebration of life. Today, we understand that Jesus died for all of us, Jew and Gentile alike, to come to a personal relationship with God. Today, we have freedom and hope with nothing hidden but a whole lot of hints pointing us to closer fellowship with God as the Spirit of God fills our baskets with love, joy and peace. Happy Easter!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 04 Apr 2019, 12:58 am

April 3

Today's Reading: Judges 19; Luke 7:31-50

Today's Thoughts: Hope

Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the Lord.   Psalm 21:34

The word "hope" is mentioned repeatedly throughout the Psalms to bring encouragement in the Lord. Most of us speak of "hope" interchangeably with other words such as dreams, wishes, desires and goals. We pray and hope, dream and hope, and you can probably think of other words that you use in connection with "hope." The Bible most commonly uses the word "trust" in association with its definition. To hope in the Lord means that we are putting our trust in Him. In searching how often "hope" is used, I found that it comes up most frequently in the book of Job and the Psalms. One book describes pain and suffering; the other, praise and worship. But hope is the common thread in both.

When we are down, we are desperate for something or someone to place our hopes in or upon. We need to know that tomorrow will be better. We need to believe that lives are changing toward the good. If we are sick, we hope to be healed. If we are in financial crises, we hope for restoration and prosperity. If we are in any kind of trouble, we hope that everything works out positively. We hope for a tomorrow that is better than today. Without hope, where would we be? How could we keep going? Hebrews 11:1 says that "faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." We must trust in the only One who brings real hope – Jesus Christ. Though we cannot physically see Him, we must place our faith in His love for us. Jesus is our only hope, for only He has the power to change our tomorrows.

Do you need hope for today? Pick up God's Word and ask Him to show you His hope for your situation. Regardless of where you are, He already knows everything about it. No trouble or trial is too great for our Lord. We have but one requirement: to place all of our hope in Him. There is no hope in the world, only fleeting moments. But God gives us hope in the eternal life that awaits us. The Apostle Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 4:17 that our light affliction is but for a moment compared to the eternal glory that awaits those of us in Christ Jesus. Put your hope and trust today in Jesus. Ask Him to fill you with His Holy Spirit to comfort you with His hope of glory.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 27 Mar 2019, 7:38 pm

March 27

Today’s Verses: Judges 1; Luke 4:1-30

Today’s Thoughts: Verses vs. Voices

"The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here. For it is written:" 'He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'" Jesus answered, "It says: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'" Luke 4:9-12

Many times my mind taunts me with thoughts like “If you are really God’s child, then why doesn’t He do this for you?” or “If God has really given you this spiritual gift for the body of Christ, why aren’t you any good at it?” Over and over, I hear thoughts that make me feel guilty or condemned and insecure in my Christian walk. I know the Word of God and yet, my mind doesn’t seem strong enough to just stay focused on the verses to overcome the voices. In essence, Satan attempts to discredit us just like he tried with Jesus. Satan said to Jesus, “If you are the Son of God”… prove it!  These are the same kind of words we as believers hear in our heads too. We question if we are really saved, we question God’s ability to use us and we question that the promises given to us in His Word are really for us today. In other words, we find ourselves testing the Lord’s ability to save us, protect us, use us and speak to us; thus, saying to Him, “Prove it.”  But Jesus didn’t do that.

Jesus confidently used the Word of God to attack Satan’s use of the Scriptures directly. It is amazing that the Living Word of God (Jesus) quotes the Written Word of God (the Bible) to attack the words of the enemy.

Lately, I have been struggling with a trial that I have failed in the past. The circumstances and people have changed but the trial is the same. I felt myself heading down the same path as in the past. Crying out to the Lord, I said to Him, “OK, Lord, I’ve been here before and have lived through the consequences of failing this test. I know that You have been faithful regardless of my faithlessness. I know that You love me and You have every right to test my heart and try my motives to see which way I will go. Lord, I choose You. I choose to not test You or question You in this. I know that Your promises will come to pass and You don’t have to prove anything to me.” With that prayer, I knew that the temptation to fail had been lifted. Jesus is our example as He was tempted in the same types of trials (with different circumstances and people) but overcame them all.  We, too, can overcome the taunting voices of the enemy to live a life pleasing to God by staying on His side and by fighting His way using His words.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 26 Mar 2019, 1:12 pm

March 26

Today's Reading: Joshua 22; Luke 3

Today's Thoughts: Of Things to Come

But the Lord is the true God; He is the living God and the everlasting King. At His wrath the earth will tremble, and the nations will not be able to endure His indignation. Thus you shall say to them: "The gods that have not made the heavens and the earth shall perish from the earth and from under these heavens." He has made the earth by His power, He has established the world by His wisdom, and has stretched out the heavens at His discretion." Jeremiah 10:10-12

The prophet Jeremiah had a really tough job. He had to prophesy to the people of Israel the dreadful things to come if they did not put away their false gods and serve the one true God. His message was not a feel-good, motivational pep talk. The Lord clearly told Jeremiah exactly what to say to them and that they would hate him for it. They had no interest in hearing God’s word. They refused to believe in the destruction to come. Besides, there were other prophets who gave them the opposite message of hope and prosperity. They chose to believe them instead.

The Bible tells us of things to come. The prophecies that have yet to be fulfilled will one day come to pass. Are we listening with ears to hear? There are those who decide not to believe in such things and even though they believe in the Bible, they do not necessarily believe in all of the Bible. Whether we choose to believe it or not will not change the truth of what it says to us. It is the inerrant, infallible word of God. One day, in the twinkling of an eye, life as we know it will change forever. Maybe this will happen in our lifetime, maybe not. But it will happen to each of us, when we suddenly stand before Jesus the moment we die.  

Do you know Jesus Christ as your Savior? Do you believe that He is coming back one day? Do you believe that His Word is truth and all that it says is truth? Too many Christians today live in such compromise that the truth is hard for them to define. One person's “truth” is not necessarily someone else's. Our world is one big melting pot of tolerance and gray areas; but God’s truth is constant and non-changing. We as Christians are called to shed the light of God's love in this dark world of darkness. Jeremiah did his best to give the people a chance to repent and return to the Lord. Even though they were God's chosen people, God would still have to deal with their sin. As Christians, we too are still called to repent and return to the Lord when we walk away. If we do not, the storms of life alone will threaten our faith and even our lives. We are in desperate need of a Savior—every day of our lives. Praise God that He gave us His Son and that the times ahead are in His hands. Just make sure that you are in His hands as well. Give Jesus your heart, your life and your all today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 25 Mar 2019, 2:28 pm

March 25

Today's Reading: Joshua 19; Luke 2:25-52

Today's Thoughts: Not of Works, But of Faith

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, "Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed," but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. James 2:14-17

Martin Luther struggled with the book of James because he felt that the book discredited grace. After he, himself, tried to work so hard to prove his own faith, Luther came to the conclusion that salvation is by grace alone. He also realized that even our works are an act of God's grace. Verses like those above stumbled him because earlier in his life he tried to earn his salvation and to prove his faith through works, instead of grace. It is not works that save or justify or affirm your faith; it is a result of your faith that you desire to work for the things of God. When Luther ended up exhausted, burned out and lacking peace in his works, then he let faith be his guide to do what God called him to do. The Reformation is a result of his faith, not of his work. The Reformation resulted as a work of God through the faith of Martin Luther.  

As the Bible says, God causes all things to work together for good. Today, there are countless churches and denominations reaching the world through the means and convictions that God has placed on each one's heart. God works through movements in His churches, but His works are still accomplished through individuals.   That work is a result of the outpouring of love we have for the Lord. His burden is easy and His yoke is light. Titus 3:5 says "not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us," meaning that we do works of righteousness but those deeds are a result of God's mercy, saving us and then working in us through faith. Today, allow the Lord to develop and strengthen your faith. Rest in His saving mercy and He will accomplish His work through your faith.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 24 Mar 2019, 7:46 pm

March 24

Today's Reading: Joshua 16; Luke 2:1-24

Today's Thoughts: The Promised Land

But there remained among the children of Israel seven tribes which had not yet received their inheritance. Then Joshua said to the children of Israel: "How long will you neglect to go and possess the land which the Lord God of your fathers has given you? Joshua 18:2-3

Joshua led the children of Israel into the Promised Land. He led them in battles against the existing nations in the land God promised them. The Lord continued to bless the Israelites in victories as they continued to take more territory, just as He had promised. In the beginning, their faith was strong. But as years passed, there was still the need to drive out the other inhabitants from their own allotted territories. Seven tribes hesitated to go forth and take their inheritance. The gift lay before them, so why the delay? Why did Joshua have to force them to go forward and take their gift?

Maybe they were afraid of being on their own for the first time. Maybe they were afraid of the unknown. Maybe they just did not know what to do with their own land. What about us? How many times do we neglect to receive the gift that God is giving us? We pray and pray for something and then one day, God answers our prayer. But the answer involves stepping out in some way, maybe having to do it alone. We can see the answer clearly before us, but we hesitate to go forth. Maybe we are afraid, just as the Israelites were. Maybe we are more comfortable just praying for something instead of actually receiving it. Are we always ready for the change that can come when we pray for things?

I pray that I don't miss out on what God has for me. I pray for more faith when those fears creep into my thinking. I pray for wisdom to know how to pray for those things that will involve changes in my life. Think about these verses today and how they apply to your life. Is there something you are neglecting to possess? God has a life of promise lands for each one of us. Don't let fear or hesitation keep you out of them.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 23 Mar 2019, 7:39 pm

March 23

Today's Reading: Joshua 13; Luke 1:57-80

Today's Thoughts: Physical Infirmity

You know that because of physical infirmity I preached the gospel to you at the first. And my trial which was in my flesh you did not despise or reject, but you received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. - Galatians 4:13-14

The Galatians were just one of the churches that Paul started on his missionary journeys. They were Gentiles who converted to Christianity, all because of Paul’s passion to preach and teach them the gospel of Jesus Christ. Through the power of the Holy Spirit, Paul was able to preach the gospel despite his own physical infirmities. Speculation as to Paul’s true afflictions (i.e. his thorn in the flesh) have been debated and discussed by many theologians, but Paul does not give specifics or details that draw attention to his weaknesses. He, instead, uses them as a means to give glory to God. In our weakness, God is strong.

How often do we allow our physical ailments to bring glory to God? It seems that the most concerning issues receive the most attention and prayer, and we are more than ready to seek the Lord’s guidance in those cases. Life-threatening diseases are often wonderful opportunities to bear witness of God’s awesome power, regardless of the path. But what about the day-to-day annoying ailments? A headache can make many of us cranky all day. A cold gives us just cause to be cranky for a longer period of time. What happens to our witness in those times? Do we give the daily annoyances to the Lord in prayer or do we let them rule our flesh? Paul knew how to give everything over to the Lord and he did not let those things stop him; he used them to further his mission for Jesus Christ.

Remember today that God is in everything that happens in your life. No matter what ails you, God is with you. He will use your afflictions to bring Him glory and to bless you and others. Sometimes God does the greatest work through our weaknesses and pain, but that only happens when we take our eyes off ourselves and put them on Jesus. Try putting your focus on the Lord instead of your pain, and let His Holy Spirit be your strength in weakness.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 Feb 2019, 7:13 pm

Today's Thoughts:  Working Weary or Working With the Lord?

Thus Moses did; according to all that the Lord had commanded him, so he did. And he raised up the court all around the tabernacle and the altar, and hung up the screen of the court gate. So Moses finished the work. Exodus 40:16, Exodus 40:33           

Have you felt overwhelmed by too much work? Many times, we are overloaded with overbooked calendars and too little time to do the things we have to do, not to mention the things we would like to do. Most of us are always busy trying to complete the tasks or jobs for the day.

Our society is works-based in every way imaginable. The eighties were a decade that made longer workdays the in-thing. Forty-hour weeks were considered short in comparison to the more popular sixty to eighty-hour weeks. Stay-at-home moms had to get busier too. Today, with advances in technology and a “faster is better” mentality, doing more is a must.

Even our kids are obliged to participate in extra-extracurricular activities, thinking they are necessary for higher education opportunities. As a result, many of us are worn out, stressed out, and burned out from so much work.

In studying the construction of the tabernacle and its articles, we do not read of any overwhelming or stressful problems. The Lord commanded Moses who commanded the people to do all that the Lord had spoken. Simply put, Moses did what the Lord commanded and finished the work. What are we to learn from this story? The work that Moses did was given to him by the Lord. Moses followed the instructions to the exact detail, nothing added, nothing omitted.

The Lord gave the gifts that were needed to do all of the designs and the Lord had already provided the required materials. The building of the tabernacle is a beautiful example of a perfect union between God and man. And the results were nothing short of miraculous.

Think for a moment about the work you are doing today. Did the Lord instruct you to do these things? Has God given you the tools and talents to carry out the work? Are you working in unison with God, following His instructions and doing all that He says? The things we choose to do outside of the Lord's plans for us will lead to fatigue, frustration and futility in our efforts. We get so busy just being busy that many of us do not stop to include the Lord in our activities.

Have you spent time with the Lord today? Is He part of your "work" day? Maybe there is a tabernacle project in your life and God wants to do something miraculous through you. Pray that today is the day you let God take over all of your work. Get together with Him and see what happens.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 05 Feb 2019, 12:23 pm

February 5

Today's Reading: Exodus 36; Matthew 23:1-22

Today's Thoughts: Know, Believe and Understand

For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. John 3:16

I remember the time that I stood up in Sunday School class and quoted John 3:16 by memory. My voice cracked and my knees knocked as I nervously recited the words of this verse. To this day it remains one of my life verses, not only for this life, but also for my eternal one as well. The love of God has given me the assurance of everlasting life because I believe in His Son and what He did on the cross. I know He loves me.

More than once we have had people come up to us after one of our teachings and share with us that they have finally believed that God truly loves them. Many people who have known the Lord for years and have served Him in faithful works do not fully understand or believe that God loves them unconditionally. The world is seeking to find true love, but in all the wrong places. True love can only be found in the One who created us, our Heavenly Father. For God so loved the world...and yet so many refuse to believe.

I pray today that you will know the love of God. It is His will for us to "know, believe and understand" who He is. (Isaiah 43:10) If you are struggling with knowing the love of God, ask Him to show you and to help you believe and understand who He is and who He wants to be in your life. Do not waste another day wondering...seek out the truth.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 04 Feb 2019, 4:55 pm

February 4

Today's Reading: Exodus 34; Matthew 22:23-46

Today's Thoughts: Go to the Lord First

He also hired a hundred thousand fighting men from Israel for a hundred talents of silver. But a man of God came to him and said, "O king, these troops from Israel must not march with you, for the LORD is not with Israel-not with any of the people of Ephraim. Even if you go and fight courageously in battle, God will overthrow you before the enemy, for God has the power to help or to overthrow." Amaziah asked the man of God, "But what about the hundred talents I paid for these Israelite troops?" The man of God replied, "The LORD can give you much more than that."  2 Chronicles 25:6-9

Amaziah was king of Judah and though he did what was right in the eyes of the Lord, he did not follow the Lord wholeheartedly. One day Amaziah decided to muster his army, so he took count all of his able-bodied fighting men. Thinking he needed more troops, he hired another hundred thousand fighting men from Israel. Now at this time, the kingdoms of Judah and Israel were divided, each with their own kings. The Lord was with Judah because of His covenant with David but the Lord was not with Israel, especially as their kings were evil, wicked and against the Lord. So, the Lord sent a prophet, "a man of God," to speak with Amaziah about sending the men from Israel back home. Even though Amaziah did as the man of God instructed, his first concern was about the money that he had already spent. The response from the man of God should speak to our hearts even today; "The LORD can give you much more than that."

Sometimes we fail (or forget) to realize that our God is in charge and has ownership of all things, even all the money of the world. We can get so caught up in making things balance out that we think we do not need to depend on the Lord. Many of us hate to waste money or waste things of value. We try to be good stewards. We try to make the right decisions. But, sometimes we act before we pray and we make decisions that may not be God's will for us.

The best course in making decisions is to take them all to the Lord first. But if you find yourself in a place of looking backwards (as we all do at times), then ask the Lord to work it out and even to replace what was lost. You will be amazed to watch how God works through our situations, even our mistakes, and He can replace what was lost in the process. Do not bear the burden alone—take it to the Lord. He loves to rescue. The rest of the story of Amaziah? He went into battle after sending the hundred thousand troops home and the Lord delivered him the victory. He will give us the victory when we seek His help in all things.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 03 Feb 2019, 7:55 pm

February 3

Today's Reading: Exodus 31; Matthew 22:1-22

Today’s Thoughts: You Are Called by Name

Then the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: "See, I have called by name Bezalel… And I have filled him with the Spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all manner of workmanship. And I, indeed I, have appointed with him Aholiab… and I have put wisdom in the hearts of all who are gifted artisans, that they may make all that I have commanded you” Exodus 31:1-6

Do you know that the Lord has called you by name and that He has a specific purpose for your life? Do you know that not only has He called you but also that He has filled you with His Holy Spirit who will teach you all things? (1 John 2:27) Even if you answer “yes” to these questions, you may not fully grasp the meaning, most of us probably do not. The two men named in the above verses were appointed and anointed by God to complete a specific task to design and construct the tabernacle. Ordinary men performed an extraordinary and supernatural task. We also have the indwelling Spirit of God who wants to guide us in performing extraordinary and supernatural tasks. But, how?

We first must believe that God’s Word is true, without exception or compromise. He has promised us His Holy Spirit to be our Helper and Teacher (John 14:26) and further says that we are sealed with this promise (Ephesians 1:13). Throughout the Book of Acts several accounts are mentioned regarding the infilling of the Holy Spirit. When we accept Jesus into our hearts, He enters in and lives within us through His Spirit. But the first step is to believe.

As we claim this promise as truth, we need to start asking for the same kinds of gifts as given to the two men in Exodus chapter 31.  We should pray for wisdom, knowledge and understanding so that in all things we are seeking to do God’s will and to fulfill His purpose. Paul says in Ephesians 4:1 “to walk worthy of the calling in which you were called” and the only way we can truly know our calling is to seek a spiritual wisdom and understanding that only comes from God. Through His Holy Spirit, He will teach us and lead us to perform and complete the tasks He has chosen for us.

To summarize, if you have received Jesus Christ as your Savior, then you are filled with His Holy Spirit. But to truly live out your calling, you must believe in faith in what His word teaches and pray for the spiritual wisdom, knowledge and understanding to apply His guidance to your life. Bezalel and Aholiab were ordinary guys called for a supernatural purpose. They received, they believed and they performed. Start praying today for the Lord to train you to yield more to His Spirit and to teach you with His wisdom how to walk worthy of your calling.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 31 Jan 2019, 7:41 pm

January 31

Today's Reading: Exodus 25; Matthew 20:17-34

Today’s Thoughts: Awake out of Sleep

And [do] this, knowing the time, that now [it is] high time to awake out of sleep; for now our salvation [is] nearer than when we [first] believed. - Romans 13:11

We are living in perilous times as Christians. Our freedoms are being threatened in more ways than any of us can fully grasp. The enemy is roaming about, seeking whom he may devour, and we are definitely his targets. But, his schemes are not always so blatant and clearly discerned. The greatest threat to us from the enemy is allowing ourselves to become complacent and operating on auto-pilot. We lose our passions to witness, our urgency for the lost to be saved, and even our first love, as Jesus talks about in Revelation chapter 3. But, it is not too late to wake up.

Today, our salvation is nearer than we first believed. Today is a day closer to the return of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Today could be the last day for us here on earth. Do we live with such a sense of urgency? Or, do we act as they did in the days of Noah? Noah preached for over 100 years as he built the ark. He warned the people of the day that was coming, a day of total destruction. But, the people did not listen and they carried on with their lives, even up until the rain started to fall and the door of the ark was shut. At what point did they wake up? It was too late. Let us not wait until it is too late. Let us look to the Lord today and ask Him to stir us like never before and to give us a sense of urgency and passion.

Let’s pray this prayer together: Heavenly Father, I confess that I have allowed complacency into my life as a Christian. I have allowed life’s comforts a place of priority, even over helping others. I know that I need to be awakened and stirred to see things through Your eyes and to have Your heart in these last days. Please fill me with Your Spirit this day and jolt my heart with a new awareness of the reality of these days I am living in. Please, Lord, make the rest of my days here on earth count for the kingdom of God. In Jesus name, Amen.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 28 Dec 2018, 6:22 pm

December 28

Today’s Reading: Zechariah 5; Revelation 19

Today’s Thoughts: Our Prophet, Priest and King

“as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue” - 2 Peter 1:3  

The other day, I was teaching second graders about the reason for the crucifixion. It was a two week lesson so I started with explaining why God set up a Temple in the Old Testament. That led to the explanation as to why there were prophets, priests and kings. In second grade language, I told them that a prophet has a big mouth because he listens to God and then tells the people. But the priests have big ears because they listen to the people and then tell God. Prophets represent God’s will for the people. The Priests represent the issues of the people to keep them in right standing with God. A king’s job was different from both because a king uses his authority to establish what he thought was best for the people and then had the people do the work. Frequently, the king’s commands were very different from God’s commands, which led the people into a whole bunch of trouble. They seemed to understand all this so I moved on to Jesus.

Jesus came to earth as our Prophet, Priest and King. Jesus fulfilled all three roles because of His death and resurrection.  He is our Prophet because He told us and showed us all about God. He is our Priest because He listens to us and intercedes at the Father’s right hand today. Jesus is our King because all authority has been given to Him to now use us to do His will on earth. When I started to explain that the temple sacrifices are no longer needed because of Jesus’ blood that was shed on the cross, they were very relieved. One of the little girls said, “Oh, that is so good for all of the animals.” When I told them that prophets and priests are no longer needed because Jesus is everything we need on earth to have a relationship with God, they were so happy that God did that for them. Six of those little second graders accepted Jesus as their Prophet, Priest, King, Savior and Lord that day. Praise God that the Gospel is simple enough for children and yet, confounds the wise. Be sure to thank the Lord for all He has done for you to have a relationship with Him for He is worthy of our praise!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 Dec 2018, 11:37 am

December 27

Today’s Reading: Zechariah 1; Revelation 18

Today’s Thoughts: Knowing God Loves You

The Lord your God in your midst, the Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17

I remember a day a few years ago when I was talking with someone who kept quoting Zephaniah 3:17. He was deeply impacted by the words in this verse to the point that he could not withhold his emotions. What was interesting about this conversation was that this man had spent his life in the ministry, serving in various capacities from missionary to seminary professor. He knew the Lord, walked with Him, talked with Him and loved Him with all of his heart, but did he really understand how much God loved Him?

The same is true for many of us today. We proclaim our love for the Lord. We pray to know Him more. We deeply desire a life that is fruitful and pleasing to Him. And for the most part, I believe that we spend more time thinking and praying about how to please God and how to live our lives in accordance with His will, than we spend thinking about how much He loves us. How often do you personally stop and think, “God loves me…He is rejoicing over me right now”? We tend to think that God is disappointed or upset with us instead of thinking about how much He loves and adores us. Why? Because so much of our thought processes are shaped by the world, not by the love of God. And we have an enemy who feeds right into those negative thoughts and will do anything he can to keep us from experiencing that peace and joy that comes from Jesus.

I encourage you today to write down this verse, meditate on it, and memorize it. Keep repeating it over in your heart and mind and let the Lord Himself speak these words into the depths of your soul. The Lord God is with you and will save you. He rejoices over you, quiets you with His love and sings to you. Can you believe it? Yes! God’s Word is truth and you can trust that these words are spoken just for you. The man who spent his life in ministry was on the brink of retirement before he finally realized the truth of these words. Jesus wants you to know this truth today. Experience His love, peace and joy right now.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 17 Dec 2018, 1:55 pm

What I Want for Christmas

“So let no one judge you in food or in drink, or regarding a festival or a new moon or sabbaths, which are a shadow of things to come, but the substance is of Christ.” - Colossians 2 :16-17 NKJV

I have always believed in the promise of Christmas. There has always been something special to me about this time of the year, going back to my earliest days of childhood.

What is it that we love about Christmas, once we get past the initial trappings?

I think it is the sense of wonder, beauty, and anticipation. It is the music, the look of surprise on a child’s face, and the amazing food. It’s the companionship of family and good friends. It is also the absence of strife and meanness (that is, with the exception of the crowds on “Black Friday”).

But how often does Christmas really deliver on its promises? A little bit here and there, but by and large, it ends up being the endless drone of mind-numbing ads on TV. It is the friction and pressure that comes when we are obligated to purchase gifts for people we barely know. It is the expectation put on us by others and sometimes even ourselves.

Then there is that big post-Christmas letdown—the letdown of expectations that can never really be met. We were not able to give what we really wanted to give, or what they really wanted to receive. Or you yourself did not get what you had hoped for. Then there are those bills that come due . . .

So what is Christmas at its worst? It is a crass, commercial, empty, exhausting, and very expensive ritual that drags on endlessly for months at a time.

What is Christmas at its best? It is a glimpse of things to come–the beauty, the worshipful music, the adoring angels, the love, the warmth, the promise, the hope…all things promised to us in a life to yet come.

You see, Christmas is a promise. It is a promise that has not yet been fully kept.

Christmas cannot be all that we want it to be. It’s only a holiday. Christmas cannot bring harmony to your home. Christmas cannot bring peace on earth. Christmas cannot bring happiness.

But Christ Himself can do all of this and more. That is really what we are longing for deep inside.

Anything or anyone short of this will disappoint. But God never will.

That’s what I want for Christmas–Jesus Christ.

Copyright ©️ 2011 by Harvest Ministries. All rights reserved.
Scripture taken from the New King James Version. Copyright ©️ 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 16 Dec 2018, 7:42 pm

Today's Reading: Amos 4; Revelation 7

Today’s Thoughts: Weary People with No Holiday Cheer

You, O God, sent a plentiful rain, whereby You confirmed Your Inheritance, when it was wear.  Psalm 68:9

I was shopping in Costco during the summer months and ran into an old acquaintance from a Bible study class we attended together. I asked her how she was doing and her response was, “Well, I have the most difficult time keeping the faith in the summer and during the holidays.” Her words were absolutely honest and sadly enough very true. We grow weary in doing good at different seasons of life. The holidays tend to be one of those seasons.

After talking with so many women at retreats, Bible studies, live radio programs, women’s events and even through emails, we have found that many Christians are basically weary(or at least the people who talk to us). Circumstances, people, finances, negative words and thoughts have all contributed to not having a desire to persevere. We know that the right thing is to persevere, run the race with endurance, and not lose heart, but sometimes it seems too difficult to just keep going, day in and day out.

If we were really honest, most of us would admit to having thoughts like, “How can I do it all? How is this going to work out? Why does life have to be this hard?”  The added pressure of the holiday season demands more of our time and attention. Suddenly we find ourselves having no time to pray or seek the Lord. Instead, we try to spiritualize and justify our position by saying we are doing all these things for others as if we are living a sacrificial life. However, we can’t give others something we do not have. We can become unspiritual in the process. My father frequently said, “When your output exceeds your intake, your upkeep is your downfall.” It is too easy to fall down in the holiday seasons.

Why? Because God does not ask us to sacrifice but to obey. Jesus defined obedience in John 15 as abiding in Him. We need to take the time to be with the Lord. Lift your eyes toward Him, open your heart in prayer and seek the Lord. He will help you and He is able to provide rest for the weary soul.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 15 Dec 2018, 2:55 pm

December 15

Today's Reading: Amos 1; Revelation 6

Today's Thoughts: Willing To Walk

Can two walk together, unless they are agreed? - Amos 3:3

What does it mean to walk with someone? If you walk with someone, you keep the same pace or stride. You walk beside them, close enough to see and hear them clearly. Walking with someone in the physical sense represents fellowship and synchronicity, where neither one is moving ahead or lagging behind. To walk with someone requires a willingness to move ahead together in the same direction and for the same duration. As the verse says, for two to walk together, they must agree—on quite a few things.

The Bible is filled with "two [who] walk together." The Lord gave Moses a partner in Aaron. Naomi had Ruth. David had Jonathan. Even Jesus sent His disciples out in pairs, two by two. Peter and John would continue as friends and partners as they started the first church. Ecclesiastes 4:9-11 says that two are better than one because they are there to help each other, pick each other up, and even help keep each other warm. And, of course, from the beginning, God put man and woman together: to walk together and to become one in marriage. But to truly walk together, we must agree with our partner, have common goals, be willing to submit, and work together for the purposes of God.

God puts us together because He knows the value of fellowship and friendship. He has made it a necessity to the point that if we do not have fellowship with others, we will struggle with loneliness and depression. Jesus wants us to walk with Him in fellowship and friendship. He desires for us to agree with Him, submit to Him and allow Him to set the course. If we can truly learn to walk in agreement with the Lord, then we will successfully walk together in our marriages and other friendships. We cannot walk with someone and be at odds, eventually the walk will end.

If you are struggling today in your walk with someone, a marriage, friendship or partnership, you must first get your walk back in agreement with the Lord. Ask the Lord to help you walk with Him in those areas in which you are struggling. Maybe you need to repent from rebellious ways or attitudes or maybe you need to submit to going in a direction you have not wanted to go. Once you learn to walk with God first, then you will be so much better in walking with others.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Dec 2018, 11:41 am

December 14

Today's Reading: Joel 1; Revelation 5

Today's Thoughts: No such thing as wasted years

"So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten…” - Joel 2:25

The book of Joel was written by the prophet of whom we know the least. His book is only three chapters in length but is packed with sincere pleas for repentance for the nation of Israel. Joel knew the Lord’s Day was coming but he also knew and spoke of God’s endless mercy and grace. One of my favorite verses in the Bible is Joel 2:25. For me, this verse represents great hope and encouragement for the future. Not only is our God a God of second chances, but also He is a God who restores our past. I have witnessed this restoration first hand in my own life.

I was raised in church, accepted Jesus as my Savior and was baptized, all before the age of 10. I can honestly say I have known the Lord most of my life, but I have not always chosen to walk with Him. There is a big difference in knowingHim versus livingfor Him. There is also a big difference in knowing aboutHim versus knowing Him personally. I spent many years as an adult choosing to live my life my way. I still read the Bible, went to church and prayed…prayed a lot for the things I wanted. But my life was my own. Then one day, something changed in my heart. My eyes were opened in a very different way. I realized who was really on the throne of my life and it was not Jesus. I began to see how empty my life had become and that I wanted more. More meant more of Him. It was time to live for Jesus. It was time to change my course. But what about those wasted years? I had such sadness realizing the time I had wasted. If only I had done things differently.

Then one day, I come across this verse in Joel. And the Lord Himself said to me that He would restore all of those years that the locust had eaten. He has a plan for my life and His plans and callings are irrevocable. Not only is God with me as I go forward but also He has never left me. I look back and see God’s tremendous grace. And I have seen God do immeasurably more than I could ever ask or imagine in just a few short years.  Do you have regrets about wasted years? Know today that God will restore them all. If you have been away from Him, come back today. Repent and ask the Lord to sit on the throne of your life and carry out His plans and callings for you. Let this verse give you hope and encouragement to begin a new day.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 Dec 2018, 2:27 pm

Today's Reading: Hosea 12; Revelation 4

Today's Thoughts: Return To The Lord

"Their deeds do not permit them to return to their God. A spirit of prostitution is in their heart; they do not knowledge the LORD." - Hosea 5:4

During Hosea's time, the people would not return to the Lord. They continued to do what they thought was right in their own eyes, not acknowledging God's standard for their lives. As a result, they lived to please their king, and themselves, to their own destruction. However, the people were still trying to appease God by following in the things that God had established for them, like the rituals and sacrifices. It was easier for them to "do" for God than to "be" with God. God told them that He would rather have them acknowledge Him than to burn sacrifices for Him. The people's sins became such a habit and place of bondage that their deeds prevented them from returning to the Lord.

The Book of Hosea is written because God wanted them to return to Him. Their deeds did not have to separate Him from them, but their deeds kept their hearts from turning to God.If you find yourself in sinful habits and patterns that are keeping you from returning to the Lord, today is the day to come back to Him. The Lord's love cannot ever be separated from you, but you have the ability to separate yourself from Him. Start being honest with Him today. Tell Him the truth—He already knows everything about you. Let the secret out so that He may come in. Do not beat yourself up during the restoration process, it will take time and change often comes slowly. Praise God that He is never in a rush. Relax. He is on your side.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Dec 2018, 10:54 am

December 12

Today's Reading: Hosea 9; Revelation 3

Today's Thoughts: Consider Your Deeds

"I know your deeds, that you have a name that you are alive, but you are dead." - Revelation 3:1

Companies hire consultants to come into their business to assess and evaluate the services they provide. The goal is to become more efficient, make more product and have better outcomes. Hiring an outsider allows an unbiased opinion without any emotional attachments to the employees involved or the personal dynamics that make up each "excuse" of why the employees do not achieve the company's goal.

In the Book of Revelation, Jesus does not ask for a consultant, like a prophet or angel, to come in to evaluate His church and His people. He clearly and lovingly assesses each church Himself. He starts each letter with the words, "I know your deeds" and then to six out of the seven churches, He says, "But".  Deed is also another word for work, which in the Greek means an act, deed, work that is done or anything accomplished by hand, art, industry or mind. These churches know Jesus because they each have a saving faith to be called and hear what He is saying. So, Jesus speaks to each one about their works, not their faith. And we know that faith without works (or deeds) is dead. However, the Overseer of each church rebukes their works and deeds that follow their faith. The stakes are high. The rebuke is not about losing your job but the shaking of your eternal foundation.

Jesus writes these letters explaining that He understands who they are, where they live, what they do and to six of the churches, how they fall short. Then, He lovingly tells them how to return or be restored. God is also for us. He wants us to be our best and live abundantly. How we live our life here day by day does matter for eternity. For me personally, I do not want any "Buts" when standing before Jesus face-to-face. I want to hear, "Well done, good and faithful servant. Enter into My rest." I want all He has for me here and I want to do it and live it His way.

Today, read over Revelation 2-3. Meditate on the verses; ponder His descriptions in your mind. Then ask the Lord which description looks a lot like you. He will honestly and clearly answer and then help you become all He wants you to be. The stakes are too high—take His words seriously.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 22 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next