World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Haggadah Passover
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:45 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 10:03 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyYesterday at 5:00 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:53 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:02 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

» AISH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 10:28 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 8:33 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 8:28 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 7:28 pm by Admin

» Celebrate the Feast of Moshiach
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 7:04 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 EmptyThu 25 Apr 2024, 10:31 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 16 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Tue 08 Dec 2020, 10:35 pm

Elaine, press through the swamps!

Psalms 107:2-6 Let the redeemed of the LORD say so, whom he hath redeemed from the hand of the enemy; And gathered them out of the lands, from the east, and from the west, from the north, and from the south. They wandered in the wilderness in a solitary way; they found no city to dwell in. Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them. Then they cried unto the LORD in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses.

In his book, Pilgrim's Progress, John Bunyan has written one of the most beautiful allegories about the journey we all travel as believers. The book describes the hero, Christian, and his journey from the City of Destruction to his heavenly destination, the Celestial City. Now there's one part of Pilgrim's Progress that I want to focus on today -- walking through the Swamp of Despondency!

At one point during their travels, Christian and his companion suddenly find themselves there....in the Swamp of Despondency. Still bearing his burden, Christian, begins to sink in the mire. His traveling companion manages to get out, but he returns to the City of Destruction without giving aid to Christian. Christian is left all alone and sinking even deeper in the mire, until Help, the allegorical figure for the Holy Spirit, pulls him free from the swamp.

Christian then asks Help why this dangerous plot of land has not been mended so that poor travelers might go safely to the Celestial City. Help replies, "This miry slough is such a place that cannot be mended."

How true it is in real life! As hard as we try to avoid them, whether young in the Lord, or spiritually mature...swamps of despondency seem inevitable, and we must struggle through them!

Charles Spurgeon once wrote to his students in the book, "Lectures to my Students", "Fits of depression come over most of us. Usually cheerful as we may be, we must at intervals be cast down. The strong are not always vigorous, the wise not always ready, the brave not always courageous, and the joyous not always happy. There may be here and there men of iron...but surely the rust frets even these."

Elaine, there are times in our lives when we will struggle through the swamps of despondency -- but praise God that He has provided us a helper for those times of need! We need to press through, seeking and trusting the power of the Holy Spirit to pull us out of those nasty swamps, and set our feet back upon the Rock of our salvation. Let's also look around to see our brethren who may be struggling in the swamps of despondency, so that, rather than abandoning them, we might give them a hand on their journey to the celestial city!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Elianna & Obadiah
Jackson, Mississippi

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Winter tour of the Southern United States. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Editor's Note: Watchman in the Wilderness is being updated several times a day. You can also follow us on our Facebook page.

Editor's Note: YouTube Special: Is a war in Israel coming? Are there prophetic pictures being played out in the U.S. elections? Never miss an upload by Subscribing to our YouTube Channel!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Dec 2020, 11:59 pm

Elaine, beware of seduction!

2 Corinthians 11:3 But I fear, lest somehow, as the serpent deceived Eve by his craftiness, so your minds may be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

In Ancient Greece, mythology and history were hard to distinguish. Tales of gods and demigods abounded. The chief god of Mount Olympus was Zeus. It is told that Zeus became enamored with the princess Europa and decided to seduce and ravish her. Zeus shape-shifted, transforming himself into a tame white bull. Europa, the daughter of King Agenor of Sidon, was picking flowers, when she saw the bull, and then climbed on his back. Zeus carried her away. The Romans later recounted the tale which became known as the "seduction of Europa", (with the Roman "Jupiter" replacing Zeus).

It seems telling that modern Europe has adopted this story and symbol as an identifying emblem: a "Woman riding a Beast", known as "Europa". The symbol is depicted on Euro coins; sculptures of Europa adorn important European buildings, and the dual figure is in plain sight throughout the European continent.

Europe gave birth to the Enlightenment period, which emphasized reason and individualism. Also in Europe the Bible was first translated and printed in different languages. The small continent saw the birth of the Protestant Reformation which eventually gave rise to a new age of missionary activity unmatched since the time of the apostles. The two streams of Faith and Reason have since competed in Europe, yet all the while Europa seems to have perpetuated her pagan influence in this region, notwithstanding the centuries of Christianity on European soil. Can it be accidental that Europa, a powerful pagan symbol of lust and idolatry, epitomizes European culture and identity? Has Europe been seduced by Greece? And what about the church?

The author of Ecclesiastes repines, "There is nothing new under the sun." The book of Exodus recounts YHVH's deliverance of the children of Israel with a mighty hand and an outstretched arm, yet, Israel too was somehow seduced into idol worship of a golden calf through Egyptian religious influence which they carried out with them.

Do we think we are immune to seduction? Our enemy has studied us and has been practicing his art for thousands of years. An "angel of light" [2 Cor. 11:14], is how he disguises himself; a deceiving wolf dressed up in wool. The last days will witness a great apostasy, [2 Thes. 2:3-4] a turning away from Biblical faith.

Elaine, we need to know our God and His Word! We need to understand Satan's schemes [2 Corinthians 2:11], and discern and expose them [Ephesians 5:11]. The enemy is subtle and he knows how to mix lies into truth -- however our protection is truly knowing and loving Yeshua (Jesus), living in His Word, continuing in prayer, and being watchful. The days are evil and the Word even says if it were possible even the elect would be deceived! Don't be seduced; but stay close to the cross, for there is a strong delusion coming [2 Thessalonians 2:11], and many will believe what is false!

Lucas, Texas

Editor's Note: We're starting to schedule our Winter tour of the Southern United States. If you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.

Editor's Note: Watchman in the Wilderness is being updated several times a day. You can also follow us on our Facebook page.

Editor's Note: YouTube Special: Is a war in Israel coming? Are there prophetic pictures being played out in the U.S. elections? Never miss an upload by Subscribing to our YouTube Channel!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Dec 2020, 11:35 pm

Elaine, red alert!

Romans 13:12 The night is far spent, the day is at hand: let us therefore cast off the works of darkness, and let us put on the armour of light.

While many around the world are apathetic and lack understanding about the times in which we live, we as believers should realize these are merely signs of the times and have a sense of urgency to be about the Lord's business.

Dr. Albert Bartlett, an expert on compounding, gave this scenario. Let’s suppose you’re sitting in a watertight baseball stadium that seats over 50,000 people, and you’re handcuffed to the top bleacher. Let’s say a single drop of water is placed in the center of the stadium and is allowed to double at a rate of 1 time per minute. In other words, 1 drop doubled, equals two drops added to the stadium. The next minute, two drops doubled equals four drops, the next minute, four doubled equals eight, and so on.

How many minutes do you suppose you'd have before you'd drown? A few months? A few days? Get this -- how about 49 minutes?! That’s right;  it would take only 49 minutes to drown completely! What’s even more remarkable is that at 44 minutes, the amount of water in the stadium would only be at 7%! Seriously, do the math!

You see, the real action takes place only in the last five minutes. It seems there is all the time in the world and then…perhaps this is one reason the scriptures say the Lord will come as a thief in the night!

I do not want to be sitting there in the top bleacher, oblivious and helpless -- do you? Those of us who are aware of the times have a key to the handcuffs -- discernment, wisdom, and faith! We will begin preparing now for the times drawing nearer by the second!

Elaine, let's get a sense of urgency about the hour in which we live. Let’s pray earnestly, invest wisely, and be about His business while there’s still time! There’s SO much work to be done!

Lucas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Dec 2020, 7:57 pm

Elaine, your victory is near!

1 John 5:4 For whatever is born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world -- our faith.

Growing up, one of my favorite Saturday activities was watching ABC Sports. I can still remember the opening line -- “The thrill of victory or the agony of defeat!” One of the greatest prophets of the Bible, Elijah, experienced his share of victories -- but he also knew that sudden feeling of defeat. If you recall, Elijah was on Mount Carmel, the only prophet of the Lord standing against four hundred and fifty prophets of Baal. (2 Kings 18) When it was all said and done, Elijah was absolutely victorious! But wouldn't you know that in the next chapter, we find Elijah under a juniper tree saying -- “Lord take my life!” (2 Kings 19:4)

We’re so quick to forget the victories that the Lord has given us, aren’t we? There are countless examples of great men of God who struggled this way. If they can go from victory to defeat so easily, how much more are we susceptible to the same attacks of the enemy? We must remember that this is precisely what they are -- attacks of the enemy upon our lives -- attempting to draw our attention away from all that God has done.

Elaine, if you are finding yourself in the midst of a valley -- try focusing on the victories the Lord has already displayed in your life. And more importantly, focus on the power of victory you can walk with today!

Lucas, Texas

Editor's Note: Be sure to check several updates that we posted on our blog page: Watchman in the Wilderness. You can also follow us on our Facebook page.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Dec 2020, 11:54 pm

Elaine, anyone can be restored!

Galatians 6:1 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted.

There is a fascinating true story about the Apostle John narrated by the early church "Father", Eusebius, well worth reading.

The account goes that the elderly John took an affection and interest in a young man from Ephesus and subsequently entrusted him to the care of a bishop in the vicinity, and that, after a season, this young man became entangled with a band of criminals, and was corrupted by them, finally becoming their leader. When John returned after some time to search for the young man, expecting to find him spiritually well and maturing, the bishop despondently informed John of his fate.

Eusebius wrote, "The apostle tore his clothing, beat his head, and groaned, 'A fine guardian I left for our brother's soul! But get me a horse and someone show me the way.' He rode off from the church, just as he was. When he arrived at the hideout and was seized by the outlaws' sentries, he shouted, 'This is what I have come for, take me to your leader!'"

"When John approached and the young leader recognized him, he turned and fled in shame. But John ran after him as hard as he could, forgetting his age, and calling out, 'Why are you running away from me, child – from your own father, unarmed and old? Pity me, child, don't fear me! I will give account to Christ for you, and if necessary, gladly suffer death and give my life for yours as the Lord suffered death for us. Stop! Believe! Christ sent me.'"

"The young man stopped, stared at the ground, threw down his weapons and wept bitterly. Flinging his arms around the old man, he begged forgiveness, baptized a second time with his own tears…[John] led him back and did not leave him until – through prayer, fasting, and instruction – he restored him to the church."

What an awesome story! I've used this story many times when talking to the despondent backslider who believes he can no longer be forgiven.

Elaine, be an example of His love! No matter how far someone believes he has strayed from or even deserted the Lord – he can always be restored! Perhaps, while reading this message, the Lord is reminding you of a person with whom you can share this story. Just possibly, you are the one that God wants to use to bring about his/her restoration. If so, I trust that reading of the Apostle John's loving example, you've been inspired by the compassion and grace the Lord Himself feels toward His "prodigals" and moved by His Spirit to go out in faith...and rescue the lost sheep!

Lucas, Texas

Editor's Note: Be sure to check several updates that we posted on our blog page: Watchman in the Wilderness. You can also follow us on our Facebook page.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Nov 2020, 8:30 pm

Elaine, get your game on!

Luke 11:13 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!”

You've probably heard of tennis champion Boris Becker, but you may not know this. He had everything, talent, money, fame, and every other worldly pleasure one could want, yet he still struggled with depression and frequent thoughts of suicide. "I had won Wimbledon twice before," he said, "once as the youngest player. I was rich. I had all the material possessions I needed ... It's the old song of movie stars and pop stars who commit suicide. They have everything, and yet they are so unhappy. I had no inner peace. I was a puppet on a string."

When we're not fully submitted to the Lord, we are puppets on a string in the hands of the enemy. We will never be satisfied. We will never have peace. We will never be accomplishing the purposes for which we were divinely created.

D.L. Moody said, "I believe firmly that the moment our hearts are emptied of pride and selfishness and ambition and everything that is contrary to God's law, the Holy Spirit will fill every corner of our hearts. But if we are full of pride and conceit and ambition and the world, there is no room for the Spirit of God. We must be emptied before we can be filled."

Elaine, let's get our game on for the Lord today. Let's give our heart to Him yet again today and purpose to empty it of our desires and allow God to fill it with His.

Lucas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Nov 2020, 10:07 pm

Elaine, good things?

Ephesians 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

An old Chinese legend tells of a group of elderly, cultured gentlemen who met often to exchange wisdom and drink tea. Each host tried to find the finest and most costly varieties, to create exotic blends that would arouse the admiration of his guests. When the most venerable and respected of the group entertained, he served his tea with an unprecedented ceremony, measuring the leaves from a golden box. The assembled epicures praised this exquisite tea. The host smiled and said, "The tea you have found so delightful is the same tea our peasants drink. I hope it will be a reminder to all that the good things in life are not necessarily the rarest or the most costly.

No, the good things in life are right in front of our faces and we so often neglect to see them for how very precious they are – our redemption in Yeshua (Jesus), our spouses, our children, our parents and extended family, our brothers and sisters in the Lord, our wonderful five senses, the talents and abilities He's given us – and so much more!

Elaine, let's thank God for all the precious things he's given us and let's cherish them as so! We have so much!

Lucas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Nov 2020, 5:19 pm

Elaine, be thankful -- in the end God will work it out!

Psalm 100:4 Enter into His gates with thanksgiving, And into His courts with praise. Be thankful to Him, and bless His name.

Romans 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.

This year we celebrate the 400th year of the Pilgrims landing on Plymouth Rock.  Now, most of you know the story of an Indian named Squanto and his first Thanksgiving celebration with the Pilgrims.

However, you might not know that over a decade before the Pilgrims landed on Plymouth Rock, English traders were trading with the Indians throughout the region. Squanto’s amazing story really originated then.

An Englishman named Captain Hunter had kidnapped several Indians and sold them into slavery, one of whom was Squanto, was sold into slavery in Malaga, Spain. There, Squanto was bought by a Spanish monk, who treated him well, freed him from slavery, and taught him about Christianity.

Eventually, Squanto made it back to England and worked in the stables of a man named John Slaney. It was there that Squanto learned English.

Upon Squanto’s return home in 1618, he learned that his tribe had been wiped out from an epidemic, probably smallpox brought by early English colonists. As you might imagine, he was devastated and couldn’t understand how God could allow this to happen.

Shortly afterward, a friend named Samoset introduced him to the Pilgrims. Because of Squanto’s history and understanding of English, Squanto was able to communicate with them. He also taught them how to survive there, how to fish, hunt, and how to plant corn. As a result, Governor William Bradford asked him to serve as his ambassador to the Indian tribes. Bradford accredited Squanto for the survival of the Pilgrim colony and saw that without God's providential hand in providing Squanto -- the colony would not have survived.

When I first heard the story of Squanto, it reminded me of the story of Joseph and the providence of God, even in the worst of situations. Joseph was sold into slavery, thrown into prison, accused and abused…. but all of these things were worked out for the purpose of saving the Jewish people. The story of the survival of the Plymouth colony rested on an Indian who was kidnapped, sold into slavery, returned home to see his tribe wiped out, and yet through these events was used by God to preserve the Pilgrims who came to America with this purpose, "for the glory of God, and advancement of the Christian faith". (Mayflower Compact, November 11, 1620)

Elaine, we have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season – even despite the tough times in which we live.  While times are hard, we’re thankful to be alive for such a time as this! So we’re entering His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise today, knowing that our God is providentially in control of everything that is going on around us.

Lucas, Texas

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Nov 2020, 10:44 pm

Elaine, your steps are ordered!

Proverbs 16:9 A man's heart plans his way, But the Lord directs his steps.

Recently, my wife and I have been 'stumbling' along while we are 're-deployed' to the United States for a season.  This is the first time in our lives where we truly don't know where we are going or where we are heading.  We have our long-term plans ironed out, but for the time being our lives are on hold due to the Covid pandemic, as well as some other factors.

But the Lord reminded me of an event that took place a few years ago, a friend booked a meeting for us that somehow didn't make it onto our calendar ... oops.

On the day of the meeting, I received a phone call inquiring what time we'd be arriving. Caught completely off guard, we quickly packed up and headed hours in the opposite direction we were expecting to go. It was a small, sweet meeting and a blessing to have arrived even after the scheduling glitch.

Afterward, we had a long drive to our next meeting as we originally had planned to be driving from elsewhere. As we drove down a lonely, seemingly deserted highway in the middle of the night, suddenly all the lights in the car started going berserk, on and off, on and off. I couldn't control the steering wheel and barely work the brakes. It's was really scary.

Somehow I managed to stop the car. Thankful that nothing serious happened, we just sat there in shock, trying to figure out what we were gonna do now, when just at that moment, a driver pulls up behind me, and together, we pushed our car off to the side. He "just happened" to be a mechanic, and within minutes he determined that the alternator needed to be replaced. Then, a police patrol car "just happened" by. After explaining my situation, the officer offered to drive by the car often to keep an eye on it over the course of the night until the alternator could be replaced the next morning. The mechanic drove us to a nearby hotel and early in the morning went to fix the car. We were roadworthy by 9 A.M!

It was so amazing how the Lord orchestrated every detail -- the entire sequence seemed synchronized as though some benign cosmic clockmaker had timed every step.

Getting on our way, I checked the map to discover we were a short ride to Big Trees National Park. This amazing site hosts giant Sequoia trees that have stood for over a thousand years rising hundreds of feet in the air.

So, because of the unplanned meeting and Lord's providence for our vehicle, we were able to experience this special place on the way to our next meeting.

In the midst of this amazing forest, there was a tree with a tunnel that was carved out over a century ago! (see our kids here on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7quaxWvTgnQ ).

Ever since I was a kid I wanted to walk through that tree -- and through a bizarre set of circumstances, I could finally do it.

Interestingly, less than a year later a powerful storm in California brought down that iconic tunnel-tree. If we had postponed or canceled this ministry visit, or if any of the crazy circumstances would have been different, we would ever have been able to experience walking through it -- an opportunity forever missed.

Elaine, the road we are traveling may have many twists, turns, and pitfalls. We will often be perplexed with our circumstances, wondering, even agonizing over why things happen the way they do. Yet we have a Heavenly Father who loves to surprise and delight us, and who will often bring us through strange pathways to do it. Plan your way, be faithful to His Word, and watch in wonder as your divine opportunities emerge on the adventure God has planned for you. When they arrive, seize them with joy and thanksgiving. He has ordered your steps faithfully with great loving care!

Gulf Port, Mississippi

Editor's Note: YouTube Special: George Whitten gives his thoughts over the weekend concerning Is a war in Israel coming? Are there prophetic pictures being played out in the U.S. elections? Never miss an upload by Subscribing to our YouTube Channel!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 Nov 2020, 8:39 pm

Elaine, get drenched!

Romans 8:38-39 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Years ago, I visited Niagara Falls for the first time and was truly awed by their enormity. Can you believe that at each and every second that goes by, approximately one-hundred and fifty thousand tons of water go plunging down to the bottom?! Amazing. And because of their marvelous wonder, the Niagara Falls attracts nearly 12 million tourists a year.

The Lord could have used a lot less water. He could have made the Falls smaller, but instead, He created them as high as a twenty-story building -- but would you believe that as much water as pours down from those Falls, that amount doesn't even compare to the amount of love that God has poured out upon us?

God's love toward us is not like a little water from the tap. It is not as high as a twenty-story building -- it's not as high as a fifty story building! His love far surpasses that! We can't help but be drenched!

Elaine, be encouraged! God loves you so much. He cares for every one of your needs and He is near to you! Call upon His name today.

Gulf Port, Mississippi

Editor's Note: YouTube Special: George Whitten gives his thoughts over the weekend concerning Is a war in Israel coming? Are there prophetic pictures being played out in the U.S. elections? Never miss an upload by Subscribing to our YouTube Channel!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Nov 2020, 12:44 am

Elaine, sow into the lives of people!

Mark 9:34-35 But they kept silent: for by the way they had disputed with one another, which one of them was the greatest. And He sat down, and called the twelve, and said to them, "If any man desires to be first, he shall be the last of all and servant of all."

Once there was a king who decided to set aside a special day to honor his greatest subject. When the big day arrived, a large gathering took place in the palace courtyard and our finalists were brought forward.

The first person was a wealthy philanthropist. This man was deserving of the king's honor because of his great humanitarian efforts. He had given much of his wealth to the poor, building orphanages, schools and hospitals throughout the land. The second was a celebrated physician. This outstanding doctor was deserving of honor for rendering his faithful and dedicated service to the sick for many years and discovering medicines that saved many lives. The third was a distinguished judge. He was noted for his wisdom, his fairness and his many a brilliant decision.

The last person presented before the king was an elderly woman. Her manner was quite humble, as was her dress. She hardly looked the part of someone who would be honored as the greatest subject in the kingdom. What chance could she possibly have, when compared to the other three, who had accomplished so very much?

The king was intrigued, to say the least and was somewhat puzzled by her presence. He asked who she was. Then the answer came: "Well, my king, do you see the philanthropist, the doctor, and the judge over here? She was their teacher!"

This woman had no wealth, no fortune, and no title, but countless lives were helped, healed and changed through her giving.

We never know whose lives we're touching. I'm sure someone prayed -- someone gave -- someone shared the Gospel with some of the greatest evangelists, preachers and givers we know.

Elaine, let's serve the Lord by sowing unselfishly into the lives of the people he's put in our path --- so that they may become great in God's Kingdom!

Gulf Port, Mississippi

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Nov 2020, 4:20 pm

Elaine, walk in His righteousness!

Romans 5:17-19 For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ. Therefore, as through one man's offense judgment came to all men, resulting in condemnation, even so through one Man's righteous act the free gift came to all men, resulting in justification of life. For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so also by one Man's obedience many will be made righteous.

Are you righteous? If you are truly a believer in the Lord, then you received His >gift of righteousness! Righteousness is a gift we receive when we come to saving faith. Righteousness is not something we earn, but rather it's a gift to be received from our Messiah! According to this passage, you have received the gift of righteousness through Him. Not because we have kept the "law" or lived a holy life. It can't be bought with money, or earned through self-effort, or by doing "religious" works. It's a gift!

And in His free gift of righteousness, we have right standing with God! When you walk in His righteousness, then you can approach His throne boldly – expecting the Lord to answer! The devil would love to bring up your sins and keep you bound thinking you can't come to the Lord, however the Scripture is clear, "if weconfess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to CLEANSE US FROM ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS!" [1 John 1:9]

Elaine, don't let the enemy bind you in sin – but claim fresh and anew today His gift of righteousness, approach His throne with boldness, and expect the Lord to answer – because you are walking in His gift of righteousness!

Gulf Port, Mississippi

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 18 Nov 2020, 9:43 pm

Elaine, stand alongside your brother!

1 Chronicles 12:16-18 Then some of the sons of Benjamin and Judah came to David at the stronghold. And David went out to meet them, and answered and said to them, "If you have come peaceably to me to help me, my heart will be united with you; but if to betray me to my enemies, since there is no wrong in my hands, may the God of our fathers look and bring judgment." Then the Spirit came upon Amasai, chief of the captains, and he said: "We are yours, O David; We are on your side, O son of Jesse! Peace, peace to you, And peace to your helpers! For your God helps you." So David received them, and made them captains of the troop.

Mark 6:7 And He called the twelve to Himself, and began to send them out two by two, and gave them power over unclean spirits.

As David grew in stature those who stood by him increased in number, devoting themselves to fight with him. Though it was a time of adversity for David, and a time of warfare, he found that there were many willing to join their lives to his; "...a brother is born for adversity"; and "there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother". Again we note that David's anointing and his character made him a friend to many...and many became his loyal friends.

When Yeshua (Jesus) sent his disciples out, He never sent them alone -- He sent them two by two; and no doubt these pairs of disciples developed deep loyalty, unity and friendship as they proclaimed the kingdom and faced the powers of darkness together.

Elaine, how would you describe your friendships in the Body of Messiah? Do you feel isolated, fighting battles alone? Do you know others who are in that condition? With the battles now raging, it's more important than ever to be a friend, and to really know who your friends are. May the Lord grant each one of us loyal and faithful friendships as we fight the good fight.

Gulf Port, Mississippi

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Nov 2020, 11:19 pm

Elaine, test the spirits!

1 John 4:2-3 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

Civilization continues to erode as the world is being prepared for its greatest deception, the appearance of the false messiah -- the Antichrist. The word literally means "one against Christ" and also, one "in place of Christ." Yeshua (Jesus) predicted and warned his disciples and all believers of this dangerous development in the last days.

Toward the end of the first century, the gospel message came under the influence of Greek philosophy and culture, and was corrupted by Greek "Gnosticism" to the point of heresy. "Gnosis" - meaning "knowledge", in this case, special, particular, hidden, esoteric, "spiritually enlightened" knowledge, was the basis and goal of Gnosticism, both at that time, and today in its many contemporary expressions. These spiritual adepts claimed to be the "spiritually enlightened" ones, some of whom inserted themselves among the true believers to draw followers and to replace the true revelation of Yeshua (Jesus) with a counterfeit.

The apostles addressed this heresy in numerous letters. Paul exhorted Timothy to, "Turn away from godless chatter and the opposing ideas of what is falsely called knowledge (gnosis)." [1 Timothy 6:20]

Most of these Gnostics believed Yeshua, whom they called, "Christ", to be divine, but that he was only one of the "aeons" or "divine spiritual beings." They taught that Christ only seemed to be human, that he was never actually born to a Jewish household, growing up in Nazareth, and that He was never actually crucified nor bodily risen from the dead. This Gnostic "Christ" revealed himself only to reaffirm and exemplify the message of "spiritual enlightenment" for those who sought this "special revelation."

And they believed that he was only one of numerous "prophets" appearing from time to time with this "universal" Gnostic message. The apostle John was well aware of this and was led by the Holy Spirit to teach and warn of it.

And Gnosticism is alive and well today. One of its ubiquitous signs is the "all seeing eye", which is traceable to ancient Egypt as the "eye of Horus" and is associated with the same "special revelation" or "enlightenment" propounded by the Greek Gnostics. The same false rendering of Yeshua also abounds today in various Gnostic teachings, so that the words of John the apostle are just as relevant as ever, perhaps even more so. According to Gnostic teachings, Jesus is no longer the savior of the world who died for sins and rose from the grave, but a spiritual adept who appeared to exemplify and teach the transcendent knowledge of "enlightenment."

There is a dark being in the scriptures who is associated with "light" [2 Corinthians 11:14] and who is behind all false teachings of "enlightenment." His light is darkness. [Matthew 6:23]. So our brother John carefully warns us to, "Test the spirits ... to see whether they are from God." The test is simple but unequivocal. "Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God." "In the flesh!"; not a "spiritual, angelic, aeon/avatar, one of many bringing a false message and a false "light"... but a unique incarnation of the Creator YHVH, who lived a human life, and died a human death, and was physically, bodily raised to eternal life.

Elaine, the true Gospel message is simple and beautiful, and accessible to all. It is not a deep esoteric knowledge, or mystical experience. We can rejoice in the beautiful and simple fact that in Him, namely "Yeshua (Jesus),... are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge." [Colossians 2:3]

Gulf Port, Mississippi

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 16 Nov 2020, 11:07 pm

Elaine, center your life in Him!

Psalms 37:3-5 Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.

This is one of my favorite passages of scripture. What I've often noticed, however, is that we focus on receiving the desires of our heart. But if we look closely at this passage we have to realize that delighting ourselves in the Lord comes first, centering in Him, delighting in Him as the source and the fulfillment of our desires, and then, also, receiving from Him after your life is centered on Him.

Trust in the Lord...Delight in the Lord...Commit your way to the Lord...the center of the passage is Him.

Remember what Yeshua said, "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, THEN all of these things shall be added unto you!"

Elaine, the Lord is the source, the heart, and also ought to be the greatest object of our desire. There are lots of good things in this world but we have to be careful about what we want and why. When the Lord is our greatest, our first love, we are delighted in Him, every desire of our hearts will be perfectly fulfilled. That's the promise of this wonderful word.

Fairhope, Alabama

Editor's Note: The issue with our Worthy Ministries site has been resolved. Due to a server configuration error during an server update, the Worthy Ministries site was down for a few days.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 13 Nov 2020, 9:30 pm

Elaine, remove the weeds!

John 15:16-17  You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit and that your fruit should abide, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name, he may give it to you. These things I command you, so that you will love one another.

Farmers and gardeners plant with great expectations. Abundant harvest is their vision as they sow the seeds for crops and vegetables, fruit or grains. But everyone who plants, even the most amateur gardener, soon discovers there are competitors for the soil's nutrients...called WEEDS. Weeds are ambitious, resilient, and relentless, and they will affect the harvest if not removed. Every farmer and gardener needs a strategy to deal with weeds.

We also want to be fruitful as believers, and so we need to "weed" our own gardens. How would you identify the various "weeds" in your own plot of ground? What is sapping the nutrients which ought to be feeding your cash crop?

In this present spiritual climate weeds have ample opportunity. The world is in such turmoil, the temptations so abundant, we need tremendous vigilance to pull up and clean out the useless thoughts, speculations, preoccupations, obsessions, and fears, which are multiplying like weeds! These will choke and starve the fruit of the Spirit.

Cast out fear. Pull it up at the roots. Let love grow abundant and free. Excavate your doubts and wash them away with the water of the Word.

Elaine, seek the Lord hard now in brutally honest confession asking Him to reveal and pull up your weeds at the roots. Your crop is far too precious and valuable to squander or be stunted by worthless weeds. Your Father intended you for an abundant harvest, thirty, sixty, even one hundred fold. Don't let the weeds steal any of it!

Lake City, Florida

Editor's Note: George Whitten, will be posting prophetically important newsworthy commentary throughout the day on his Facebook page as well as his blog: 'Watchman in the Wilderness' over the next few weeks.

Editor's Note: YouTube Special: George Whitten gives his thoughts over the weekend concerning Joe Biden Declared President by the Media. Never miss an upload by Subscribing to our YouTube Channel!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Nov 2020, 11:24 pm

Elaine, outnumbered, exhausted, but still in pursuit!

Judges 8:4-6 When Gideon came to the Jordan, he and the three hundred men who were with him crossed over, exhausted but still in pursuit. Then he said to the men of Succoth, "Please give loaves of bread to the people who follow me, for they are exhausted, and I am pursuing Zebah and Zalmunna, kings of Midian. "And the leaders of Succoth said, "Are the hands of Zebah and Zalmunna now in your hand, that we should give bread to your army?"

Judges 6:12 And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said to him, "The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!"

"Exhausted but still in pursuit..." Well, now we know why the angel of YHVH addressed Gideon the way he did. With his small three hundred man army he had just decimated the army of Midian -- but the victory wasn’t complete, and so the Jewish general and his small, exhausted, hungry, band were determined to cross the Jordan and take care of 15,000 additional Midianite enemies and their leaders, Zebah and Zalmunna.

Once chosen and appointed to his task, Gideon didn't settle for the slaughter of 120,000 Midianites. He might have reasoned that, having driven the remaining enemy force across the Jordan River, a natural barrier, Israel was now safe. After all, he and his men were exhausted and hungry. But this victory was insufficient, especially because the Midianite leaders were still alive. Instead, Gideon continued to press on, refusing to settle until the job was completely done. His refusal to allow serious physical discomfort to compromise his objective is apparently one of the things that qualified Gideon as a "mighty man" of God. No settling into a comfort zone for him.

Elaine, are you moving toward victory, but exhausted and hungry? Be careful now. Comfort could be your greatest enemy. And your so-called friends may not be standing there to give you a hand, but rather, watching skeptically from the sidelines to see whether or not you'll make it through your "heroic effort". Now is not the time for self-pity, fleshly resentment, or mediocrity. "The comfort zone is for those who are exempt from pain but denied progress; protected from failure but held in the grip of mediocrity." Keep your focus and spiritual passion for victory, and finish the job appointed to you -- because God has too much invested to settle for mediocrity!

Lake City, Florida

Editor's Note: George Whitten, will be posting prophetically important newsworthy commentary throughout the day on his Facebook page as well as his blog: 'Watchman in the Wilderness' over the next few weeks.

Editor's Note: YouTube Special: George Whitten gives his thoughts over the weekend concerning Joe Biden Declared President by the Media. Never miss an upload by Subscribing to our YouTube Channel!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Nov 2020, 3:41 pm

Elaine, tear down the idols!

Judges 6:24-26 So Gideon built an altar there to the Lord, and called it Jehovah Shalom. To this day it is still in Ophrah of the Abiezrites. Now it came to pass the same night that the Lord said to him, "Take your father's young bull, the second bull of seven years old, and tear down the altar of Baal that your father has, and cut down the wooden image that is beside it; and build an altar to the Lord your God on top of this rock in the proper arrangement, and take the second bull and offer a burnt sacrifice with the wood of the image which you shall cut down."

When Gideon was called by God, a mighty man of valor, his first task was to tear down the idolatrous altars of Baal and Asherah at his father’s house. Though he was ready to obey this command, his obedience was mixed with fear, so he destroyed the idols at night [Judges 6:27]. When the men of the city realized it was Gideon who destroyed their idols, their allegiance to Baal and Asherah drove them to demand Gideon's life.

But Gideon's father Joash came to his son's defense, rather than defending his own idolatry, saying to the men, “If Baal was destroyed by Gideon, then let Baal destroy him!” [Judges 6:31] Perhaps Gideon's father was convicted by his son's obedience. In any case his own love for Gideon and his courage to stand against the people of the town saved Gideon's life and must have encouraged him and given him faith to continue.

God saw in Gideon a man of faith with the potential to overcome his fears. So the Lord called him and brought him into a challenging situation which drew Gideon's fear into the light and gave him an opportunity to face it and overcome it. He used Gideon's father's courage which seems to have passed to his son after the idols were destroyed. But Gideon still needed to grow in trust to fully accomplish what God had called him to do.

Like Gideon, we are destroying the idols in our lives, and have the potential to even bring conviction to the lives of our parents, so that they too might be restored to worshiping the true God. Because of their love for us they may come to our defense and find themselves serving the Lord's purposes and even being restored to Him. Gideon's fear did not prevent him from obeying the Lord, and this is why he affected his father and was called a mighty man of valor.

Elaine, this story of courage and restoration can inspire us in several ways. First, we must not allow our fears to prevent our obedience. Second, our obedience is likely to inspire repentance and loyalty in those close to us. And third, the Lord sees past our fears and He calls us according to His deeper knowledge of who we are as overcomers in Him.

Lake City, Florida

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 10 Nov 2020, 2:02 pm

Elaine, the Lord is sending you!

Judges 6:11-14 Now the Angel of the Lord came and sat under the terebinth tree which was in Ophrah, which belonged to Joash the Abiezrite, while his son Gideon threshed wheat in the winepress, in order to hide it from the Midianites. And the Angel of the Lord appeared to him, and said to him, "The Lord is with you, you mighty man of valor!" Gideon said to Him, "O my lord, if the Lord is with us, why then has all this happened to us? And where are all His miracles which our fathers told us about, saying, 'Did not the Lord bring us up from Egypt?' But now the Lord has forsaken us and delivered us into the hands of the Midianites." Then the LORD turned to him and said, "Go in this might of yours, and you shall save Israel from the hand of the Midianites. Have I not sent you?"

Biblical Hebrew uses a grammatical form called "s'michut". This form joins two words together to form a single word form. We have this in English: for example, a door and a knob are two nouns, which are used to form the word "doorknob", a compound noun. This form of joining nouns is found in Judges 6:12. The expression, "Angel of the Lord" is rendered, "angel-YHVH"; (Yud-Hay-Vav-Hay); in modern English -- "angel-Yehovah". Then, suddenly, the narrative changes from "angel-Yehovah" to simply, "Yehovah". Here we see another appearance of YHVH in human form in the Old Testament. The God-Man, Yeshua in a "pre-incarnate" appearance.

When Gideon was called to fight the Midianites, he felt inadequate, unequipped and the weakest among his brethren -- but the Lord called him "you mighty man of valor"! Isn't it always interesting how God calls the weak things of this world to confound the natural wisdom of the world [1 Cor 1:18-21]? And sometimes He sees right through their perception of themselves, and calls them "mighty" !

Gideon, in the midst of overwhelming circumstances, felt as many feel today: weak, abandoned by God, wondering, "Where are you LORD?" But when the Lord suddenly shows up to call us to be part of His solution, what will we say? What will we do? Because He knows who we are deep inside, and He knows how to empower the weak to perform His works for His glory.

Elaine, if you find yourself asking, "Where are you LORD?", you might want to prepare yourself to be the answer to the problem. Because He might just "show up" and give you an "impossible" commission, then equip you with the strategy for victory. Even you, alone, with the LORD, are an army that no enemy wants to face!

Lake City, Florida

Editor's Note: George Whitten, will be posting prophetically important newsworthy commentary throughout the day on his Facebook page or on his blog page 'Watchman in the Wilderness' over the next few weeks.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 09 Nov 2020, 11:25 pm

Elaine, trust the good shepherd!

John 10:11-15 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep. He who is a hired hand and not a shepherd, who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees, and the wolf snatches them and scatters them. He flees because he is a hired hand and cares nothing for the sheep. I am the good shepherd. I know my own and my own know me, just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Yeshua (Jesus) called himself the Good Shepherd. He described his followers as sheep. Why?

Wolves hunt in packs. Their aggression, power, and cunning, are no match for the sheep they hunt to devour. When wolves gather to form packs they are incredibly vicious and effective predators.

Sheep graze in the fields, completely defenseless except for their shepherd whom they must trust completely for protection, not wandering far from the shepherd, but abiding close to Him.

The "cancel culture" is now in full overdrive. Those who wish to destroy our witness are on the hunt, and we’re increasingly surrounded by hungry wolves who would overwhelm and silence us.

Elaine, don't be afraid. The Lord is our Shepherd and He is not a "hireling" but an utterly faithful caretaker for His sheep. We know because He has already laid down His life for us. Packs of wolves on the hunt will not frighten Him, but will be frightened by Him. His rod and His staff will comfort us as we abide close to our Good Shepherd. He will even prepare a table before us in the presence of our enemies!

Lake City, Florida

Editor's Note: George Whitten, will be posting prophetically important newsworthy commentary throughout the day on his Facebook page or on his blog page 'Watchman in the Wilderness' over the next few weeks.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 06 Nov 2020, 6:44 pm

Elaine, rest in His sacrifice!

Philippians 4:7  And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

One of the sacrifices mentioned in the Tenach (Old Testament) is mentioned as a Peace sacrifice or sometimes translated as the Thanksgiving sacrifice. It is known as the ‘shalem’ sacrifice. The root behind this word is the word ‘shalom’ whereby we get the word, peace.

This sacrifice foreshadows the perfect peace and restoration that a believer has with God through a perfect sacrifice of peace, the Lord Yeshua, who offered himself 2000 years ago. The root of "shalem" is the word "shalom", which means peace, completeness, prosperity, safety, contentment, health, blessing, and rest.

Since we are complete in Him and have peace with God, we need not entertain spirits of discontent, desperation, unhappiness, self-ambition, regret, etc … but can rest in His ‘peace sacrifice’.

The world is awaiting the results of the United States election, and many who are intently focused on the outcome or on what may be an extended season of uncertainty could be inspired to feel anything but peace.

Nevertheless, the Lord who is called Sar Shalom, who dwells within us, is our PEACE... He is our Prince of Peace!

It's truly a matter of focus. And though it may take some internal discipline these days, the reality of our identity, our completeness in Yeshua, is a totally valid and real foundation for resting in His peace, a peace, in the midst of real threats and serious turmoil, that passes all understanding!

Elaine, it's truly a matter of focus. And though it may take some internal discipline these days, the reality of our identity, our completeness in Yeshua, is a totally valid and real foundation for resting in His peace, a peace, in the midst of real threats and serious turmoil, that passes all understanding! Shabbat Shalom!

Lake City, Florida

Editor's Note: George Whitten, will be posting prophetically important newsworthy commentary throughout the day on his Facebook page over the next few weeks.

Editor's Note: YouTube Special: Is a Civil War Coming? Learn the Secret Of The Salt Covenant. Never miss an episode by Subscribing to our YouTube Channel!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 05 Nov 2020, 4:01 pm

Elaine, escape doubting castle!

Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for he who promised is faithful.

In John Bunyan’s best-selling book, Pilgrim’s Progress, the central character, Christian, begins his journey leaving the city of Destruction and ventures on his way toward the Celestial city. Early on his journey, Christian decides to depart from the narrow path onto an easier one which leads him to the territory of Despair and its stronghold, Doubting Castle.

There, Christian is captured, overwhelmed, and locked in a dungeon until his faithful companion, Hope, arrives to remind him of previous victories. As the saint prays throughout the night, he remembers a key in his possession called "Promise", which will open any lock!

At this moment, a contested election in the United States may be seriously tempting believers off of the narrow path, and onto an easier one characterized by political hopes and expectations. Doubts about election results could lead to capture in the dungeon of Despair. But we also are in possession of the same key of "Promise", which opens the dungeon gate at Doubting Castle to a Kingdom which cannot be determined by elections or voter fraud.

Elaine, a young friend of mine shares a "word" she believes God has given her. "Whoever wins, My servants will still serve Me". That's us, so be free from doubt. The Sovereign Lord remains on His Throne and will soon receive His Kingdom. He has never run for office nor lost an election. Stay on the narrow road, serving Him with all your heart ... no matter what happens!

Lake City, Florida

Editor's Note: George Whitten, will be posting live reports throughout the day on his Facebook page during the next few weeks.

Editor's Note: YouTube Special: Is a Civil War Coming? Learn the Secret Of The Salt Covenant. Never miss an episode by Subscribing to our YouTube Channel!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 03 Nov 2020, 11:28 pm

Elaine, decisions, decisions, decisions!

Daniel 2:21-22 And He changes the times and the seasons; He removes kings and raises up kings; He gives wisdom to the wise And knowledge to those who have understanding. He reveals deep and secret things; He knows what is in the darkness, And light dwells with Him.

Truly we are living in remarkable times!  Today is probably one of the most significant days of our lifetime, as Americans go to the polls and decide the future of the United States.  Of course, voting is important, but let's be sure we know what we're voting for!

In 1938, Kenneth Simmons, a democratic mayor, wanted to prove a point. So he hauled a mule, that he named Boston Curtis, down to the courthouse, and placed its hoof print on all the documents necessary to run for political office.  Although Boston Curtis never ran a political campaign, the citizens of Milton, Washington voted for Boston Curtis – not realizing that they had actually voted for a MULE!  Simmons wanted to demonstrate that voters often "know not whom they support."  I would say he proved his point.

Many have suggested they are voting of the lesser of two evils. However, another way to look at elections may be, whom shall I vote for that will bring the about the greatest good?

Elaine, the decisions made today will affect the world for years to come.  But we should never lose sight of the fact that the Lord sets up and removes kings according to His perfect will and purpose; so whatever the outcome of today's contest, let's be sure that the King of all Kings sits on the throne of our hearts, and that EVERY outcome in this world is under His sovereign will, for our good!

Davenport, Florida

Editor's Note: With the election coming up, George Whitten, will be posting live reports throughout the day on his Facebook page during the next few weeks. Be sure to read today's prayer alert concerning a possible war in the Middle East to disrupt the U.S. Elections.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 02 Nov 2020, 9:20 pm

Elaine, investing 101!

Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Ever heard of "shorting the dollar"? I have to admit, don't know a whole lot about financial investing, but I do know that there are people who invest in other currencies, hoping the dollar will continue to decrease in order to increase their own wealth.

"Well, that's not very nice," you might be saying. But there may be a lesson to be learned from them. What these people are actually doing is looking at the bigger picture. They examine the way the dollar is functioning in the global economy and then make an educated investment. These guys recently made billions.

Elaine, we too, need to be looking at the big picture and become wise investors today -- but not just in earthly opportunities. Yes, we need to be wiser stewards of the finances God has entrusted to us. Perhaps God is calling us to be a Joseph, storing up goods to help others in future hardships. That is our heart's desire here in the Land. But most importantly, we need to step up as believers and realize how the investments we now make in prayer and sharing the Gospel transform into eternal investments -- with a guaranteed rate of return that will exceed our wildest imagination! Let's not settle for small-time investments -- let's get serious about investing in the Kingdom of God! There's so much work to be done!

Davenport, Florida

Editor's Note: With the election coming up, George Whitten, will be posting live reports throughout the day on his Facebook page during the next few weeks. Be sure to read today's prayer alert concerning a possible war in the Middle East to disrupt the U.S. Elections.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 30 Oct 2020, 4:20 pm

Elaine, confound the wise of the world!

1 Corinthians 1:26-29 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence.

If He was a man of the world, Yeshua (Jesus) would have chosen the elite of His day to accomplish His mission -- however, He used simple fishermen. These men were considered uneducated, lacking "social status", wealth or worldly distinction of any kind -- yet these "simple" men were the ones the Lord selected to build the Kingdom of God.

When the children of Israel were slaves in Egypt, God didn't send an army to deliver them, He sent a single man. But a single man of God was shown to be greater than the most powerful kingdom on Earth.

Throughout the Bible, we read of the Lord choosing and using the weak things of the world to confound and shame the wise and powerful. God seems to love revealing His awesome power through humble vessels so that no flesh can glory in His presence.

Elaine, don't allow the enemy to convince you that God cannot use you because you are "flawed", weak, or seemingly inconsequential. No, instead, remember that He uses the base, despised, nonentities of this world, ordinary, often broken, people...to do extraordinary things. Our God is not looking at your wealth, your social status or your education -- He's looking at your heart! If your heart is willing and your life is available, then He is more than able to perform miraculous work through you for His Kingdom's sake. With so much work to be done, don't allow the enemy to stifle or steal the Lord's vision for your life –- He has a plan to use you to confound the wise of this world, and to bring to naught the things that are!

Davenport, Florida

Editor's Note: With the election coming up, George Whitten, will be posting live reports throughout the day on his Facebook page during the next few weeks. Be sure to read the prayer alert concerning a possible war in the Middle East to disrupt the U.S. Elections.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next