World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 41 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 41 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

WORTHY NEWS

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

WORTHY NEWS - Page 4 Empty Re: WORTHY NEWS

Post  Admin Tue 04 Apr 2023, 9:59 pm

Elaine, you've been freed to worship!

Colossians 3:23-24 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

As the Biblical feast of Pesach (Passover) is celebrated throughout the world on Thursday, we are reminded of the deliverance of the Jewish people from the land of Egypt where they had served as slaves. The word for slaves in Hebrew is "avadim", which, interestingly, is also the same word for "servants."

Pesach recalls to us our own personal deliverance from the slavery of sin -- and the amazing joy and privilege of being free to be servants of the Living God who redeemed us. The same root letters which form the words for "slave" and "servant" also give us the word "avodah", the Hebrew word for "work", which is also a word that means "worship"!

Elaine, to be a freed SLAVE of our God is to be a devoted SERVANT whose WORK is WORSHIP. So, "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving." [Colossians 3:23-24]

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Going to Christian College in Dallas, Texas)
Mansfield, Texas
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 03 Apr 2023, 4:05 pm

Elaine, mercy triumps over judgment!

Matthew 18:32-35 Then his master, after he had called him, said to him, ‘You wicked servant! I forgave you all that debt because you begged me. Should you not also have had compassion on your fellow servant, just as I had pity on you?’ And his master was angry, and delivered him to the torturers until he should pay all that was due to him. “So My heavenly Father also will do to you if each of you, from his heart, does not forgive his brother his trespasses.”

In the parable of the unmerciful servant, the servant mistakenly thought that he could demand justice from another servant all the while asking mercy for himself from the king. When the king found out about this servant's awful behavior, he became enraged and said to him "You wicked servant, I canceled all that debt of yours because you begged me to; couldn't you have had mercy on your fellow servant just as I had on you?" He then went on to hand the servant over to the tormentors. Yeshua (Jesus) closes this parable by saying that this is how our Heavenly King will treat each of us unless we forgive our brother from our heart." Ugggh. Harsh words. But God will not put up with us desiring mercy for ourselves, while we lack forgiveness for others and desire judgment upon them.

It's natural for us to desire judgment upon those who continually wrong us. But we, as believers, have to remember that judgment against others is God's privilege alone. We are not to judge or wish judgment upon others. We are to pray for God's mercy upon them in salvation.

Elaine, has someone offended or hurt you today? During this Passover season, let's choose to forgive and pass over those offenses -- for truly blessed is the man who overlooks an offense! [Proverbs 19:11]

George, Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Going to Christian College in Dallas, Texas)
Pensacola, Florida

Editor's Note: New Video: Worthy Wrap-Up: The Demise of the Dollar, Indictments, Crisis in Israel

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 31 Mar 2023, 5:45 pm

Elaine, choose this day whom you shall serve?

Exodus 12:2-3 This month shall be unto you the beginning of months: it shall be the first month of the year to you. Speak ye unto all the congregation of Israel, saying, In the tenth day of this month they shall take to them every man a lamb, according to the house of their fathers, a lamb for an house:

This coming Sunday will mark the beginning of Pesach (Passover) Season on the Hebrew calendar. On Sunday morning, it will be the 10th of Nisan the very same day that Yeshua (Jesus) would have entered Jerusalem 2000 years ago. Every 10th of Nisan, four days before Pesach, the children of Israel would choose a lamb for the Passover sacrifice. Each man would take a lamb for his household. Four days were required to inspect the animal to make sure it was perfect and without blemish.

Can you imagine having a lamb at home for four days -- the children feeding it, petting it, perhaps even naming it -- only to know that it would have to die soon?

We also have a Lamb to choose today. Yeshua (Jesus), our perfect Passover Lamb who is without blemish. Some of us reading this today have already chosen Him. Some may have forgotten our choice; others may be undecided.

Elaine, as the scripture says, today is the day of salvation; those who have chosen Yeshua remember His great work of atonement, which brought us out of bondage from sin. This was a supernatural deliverance, just as it was for the children of Israel when they came out of Egypt. The Passover lamb, brought into the houses of the Israelites, became dear to them because of its precious innocence and because its death invoked the memory of the first Passover when the lamb's blood literally saved their lives from the Angel of Death. Our perfect Lamb, so dear to us, will do the same for all who receive Him; since the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through our Lord Yeshua the Messiah. Amen, and chag sameach. (Happy Holiday).

Pensacola, Florida

Editor's Note: New Videos: Israel Update: Riots, Strikes, and the Possible Government Collapse | Worthy Insights: Red Heifers, the Coming Temple, and the Great Delusion
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Mar 2023, 4:15 pm

Elaine, how long oh Lord?

Many cultures thrive on foods that ferment for months or sometimes years. For foods like kimchi, sauerkraut, kefir, even a great wine or fine cheese, time is a critical factor. The tastiest, and many times most beneficial for our health take TIME. And those who have learned to appreciate it are blessed.

These days it has become conventional wisdom to comment on (or complain about) our culture of instant gratification. Yet in this deteriorating world situation the question, "How long O Lord?" is becoming more understandable each passing day. The biblical prophet Habakkuk issued a deeply resonant heart-cry:

“O LORD, how long shall I cry for help, and you will not hear? Or cry to you 'Violence!' and you will not save? Why do you make me see iniquity, and why do you idly look at wrong? Destruction and violence are before me; strife and contention arise. So the law is paralyzed, and justice never goes forth. For the wicked surround the righteous; so justice goes forth perverted. ” [Hab.1:2-4]

God's timing was the prophet's complaint...."Too long, LORD!" In his day, the destruction of the Northern Kingdom of Israel had already taken place. And in just a few short years the Babylonian invasion and the destruction of the Temple would follow. Yet witnessing the wickedness of his own people in their generation Habbakuk agonizes, “How long O Lord? Evil abounds! Where is your righteous judgment?"

Here is God’s response to Habbakuk... and I love this: “Look among the nations, and see; wonder and be astounded. For I am doing a work in your days that you would not believe if told.” [Hab. 1:5]

"Joseph was sold as a slave. They afflicted his feet with fetters, he himself was laid in irons, until the time of his word came to pass"; [Ps. 105:18-19]. And, "The end of a matter is better than its beginning. Patience of spirit is better than haughtiness of spirit; [Ecclesiastes 7:8]. He has made everything beautiful in its time"; [Ecclesiastes 3:11].

Elaine, yes, things look bleak. Yes, evil is rampant. But God is doing a work. He is not surprised by what is happening. He is not panicking or trying to figure out what to do next. He has had a purpose and plan and has been preparing it from the beginning of time. And in the end, it will be perfection.

Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: New Videos: Israel Update: Riots, Strikes, and the Possible Government Collapse | Worthy Insights: Red Heifers, the Coming Temple, and the Great Delusion | Worthy Wrap-Up: Threats of Arrest and Peace Deals that Usher in War
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Mar 2023, 5:12 pm

Elaine, sharpen your ax!

Ecclesiastes 10:10 If the ax is dull, And one does not sharpen the edge, Then he must use more strength; But wisdom brings success.

When I was younger I used to take an ax and cut up firewood from the woods behind our house. The one thing I always did was sharpen my ax! A dull ax meant harder work chopping through fallen trees. The sharper the ax, the less effort, and energy required for the task. So I learned early on to sharpen my ax before venturing into the woods, and I saved myself a lot of time and energy. (Besides, I was a small kid, growing up, so I needed all the help I could get! Wink )

I see a lesson here. How many of us are exerting so much energy for the Kingdom, but are working with dull axes? We need to sharpen our spiritual lives, get focused in prayer, and spend deep time in the Word. Then, when we are "out in the woods", working for the Kingdom our effectiveness will be greatly multiplied because our axes are sharp!

Elaine, don't get so busy that your ax becomes dull. Remember that your devotion to the Lord and His word will sharpen your spiritual life, especially before you start the day. Prioritize your devotional life and watch how your "edge" will cut through the problems, obstacles, and difficult situations, like a hot knife through butter!

Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: New Videos: Israel Update: Riots, Strikes, and the Possible Government Collapse | Worthy Insights: Red Heifers, the Coming Temple, and the Great Delusion | Worthy Wrap-Up: Threats of Arrest and Peace Deals that Usher in War
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Mar 2023, 4:25 pm

Elaine, times of refreshing are near!

1 Kings 19:4-5 But he himself went a day's journey into the wilderness, and came and sat down under a juniper tree: and he requested for himself that he might die; and said, It is enough; now, O LORD, take away my life; for I am not better than my fathers. And as he lay and slept under a juniper tree, behold, then an angel touched him, and said unto him, Arise and eat.

In this passage, Elijah had become so weary running from Jezebel that he sat under a Juniper tree and just asked the Lord to take his life. But the Lord knew exactly what Elijah needed and He sent forth a messenger to revive and nourish him. I love it.

In His infinite mercy, God sent an angel to minister to Elijah. And that was just enough to help him get up and continue to do great things for the Lord. We've all been under that tree, haven't we? Some of us are there right now.

Perhaps you know a saint who is growing weary and in need of refreshment. Let's be available for the Lord, to be that messenger and supply his or her needs. Make a meal, give a gift, offer your time, maybe even just bring a word of encouragement -- perhaps that's all he or she needs to get up from under the Juniper tree and keep on keeping on for the Lord!

Elaine, when you supply a need for someone else, you are acting as God's messenger. And proverbs says that he who refreshes others will, himself, be refreshed!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Mar 2023, 5:33 pm

Elaine, break through, and set new precedents!

1 Chron. 20:4-8 And it came to pass after this, that there arose war at Gezer with the Philistines; at which time Sibbechai the Hushathite slew Sippai, that was of the children of the giant: and they were subdued. And there was war again with the Philistines; and Elhanan the son of Jair slew Lahmi the brother of Goliath the Gittite, whose spear staff was like a weaver's beam. And yet again there was war at Gath, where was a man of great stature, whose fingers and toes were four and twenty, six on each hand, and six on each foot: and he also was the son of the giant. But when he defied Israel, Jonathan the son of Shimea David's brother slew him. These were born unto the giant in Gath; and they fell by the hand of David, and by the hand of his servants.

When Saul was king of Israel, there were no giant slayers in their midst; so when Goliath stood against the armies of Israel, the Israelites trembled! There was, however, a young shepherd, whose intimate knowledge of His God inspired and empowered him to fight the evil giant, and defeat him.

David's victory over Goliath paved the way for those after him to slay the giant's offspring, who were also giants. So when those giants arose to fight, they already had knowledge that they could be defeated. David's breakthrough had set a powerful precedent for all of Israel's "mighty men".

Elaine, all around us there are "Goliaths", evil giants...but none of them are "undefeatable". In fact, we have an entire Bible full of examples of saints who stood their ground and routed their enemies. Let’s follow their example, and set new precedents fighting the giants of our day. We too can leave a legacy of victory, inspiring our children and grandchildren to victory over the "sons of Goliath"!

Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: New Videos: Red Heifers, the Coming Temple, and the Great Delusion | Worthy Wrap-Up of the News: Threats of Arrest and Peace Deals that Usher in War
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Mar 2023, 6:41 pm

Elaine, center your life on Him!

Psalms 37:3-5 Trust in the Lord, and do good; Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness. Delight yourself also in the Lord, And He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass.

This is one of my favorite passages of scripture. What I've often noticed, however, is that we focus on receiving the desires of our heart. But if we look closely at this passage we have to realize that delighting ourselves in the Lord comes first, centering in Him, delighting in Him as the source and the fulfillment of our desires, and then, also, receiving from Him after your life is centered on Him.

Trust in the Lord...Delight in the Lord...Commit your way to the Lord...the center of the passage is Him.

Remember what Yeshua said, "Seek first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness, THEN all of these things shall be added unto you!"

Elaine, the Lord is the source, the heart, and also ought to be the greatest object of our desire. There are lots of good things in this world but we have to be careful about what we want and why. When the Lord is our greatest, our first love, we are delighted in Him, every desire of our hearts will be perfectly fulfilled. That's the promise of this wonderful word.

Have a wonderful weekend! Shabbat Shalom!

Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: New Videos: Red Heifers, the Coming Temple, and the Great Delusion | Worthy Wrap-Up of the News: Threats of Arrest and Peace Deals that Usher in War

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 Mar 2023, 9:31 pm

Elaine, be ministers of reconciliation!

2 Cor 5:18-21 And all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given to us the ministry of reconciliation; whereas God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and putting the word of reconciliation in us. Then we are ambassadors on behalf of Christ, as God exhorting through us, we beseech you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God. For He has made Him who knew no sin, to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

As we’ve been traveling across the United States, one of the messages we’ve been carrying is being a minister of reconciliation for bringing restoration of relationships between parties that have been divided and wounded.

Throughout this journey, we’ve spoken at multiple venues hearing numerous stories of congregations who have split for one reason or another. Yet through our outreach, divided communities have come together, in some instances for the first time since they parted ways.

The enemy works skillfully and diligently to divide, disrupt, and destroy the body of Messiah. But we have a duty and an obligation to be ministers of reconciliation and work toward spiritual unity.

When, through humility and prayerful seeking of God's mind, we learn to resolve conflicts, we will realize the unity of the Spirit and display the reconciling power of love (agape) and give testimony of Yeshua as He said," “They will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” [John 13:35]

The spirit of reconciliation does not necessarily require uniformity of belief but unity in deferential love, where disagreements are not in essentials. My wife and I disagree in several areas, for example, but we will not allow these disagreements to override our love for one another.

One of the greatest revivals in history, the Moravian revival endured for 100 years, as all the saints were committed to practicing this maxim, “In essentials UNITY, in non-essentials LIBERTY, and in all things LOVE.”

If we can unify in the essentials of our faith … without surrendering sound doctrine … not based on the spirit of ecumenism, but the unity of the Holy Spirit, our testimony will be authentic and powerful as we bring the message of the Kingdom, "Repent, for the Kingdom of God is at hand."

Elaine, reconciliation is the work of the Messiah, accomplished on His cross to reconcile men to God. Yeshua's exemplary work of reconciliation lays a completely sufficient foundation for us to walk in as well. We must diligently seek unity and reconciliation with one another, both individually and corporately, through humility, prayer, confession, and forgiveness. Our enemy, the Devil loves and knows how to divide us. Will we pursue the Lord's way? By the power of His Spirit, we can love one another and fight to achieve the Unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: This week's episode of Worthy Wrap-Up has been posted on our YouTube Channel: Riots, Wars and Rumors of Wars, and the Coming New Currency
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 21 Mar 2023, 2:15 pm

Elaine, our crown awaits!

Hebrews 12:1-2 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

In 490 B.C., the Athenians won a crucial and decisive battle over the forces of King Darius I of Persia, on a plain near the Greek coastal town of Marathon. Upon delivering the important message of their victory, the Greek soldier who came to tell the good news died -- he had completed the 26 mile course running and bearing good news, and did it totally unreserved until the moment he died. Today marathons are run all over the world, commemorating that very event 2500 years ago.

Anyone who has run a marathon can tell you how difficult the race is. No matter how good you are, how well trained, how prepared, there are times in the race you just want to quit. But those who persevere till the end receive a prize. Back in King Darius' day, one would win only a crown made of laurel leaves. Today, athletes compete for trophies and medals. But in God's race, we win something far more precious -- a crown that is incorruptible.

Elaine, I bet you're tired today. You are overworked, overstressed, overwhelmed ... DONE! Be encouraged! Just when you think you can’t run any further, you can! C'mon! Press through and press on for the great prize! God is with us, strengthening our feeble knees and moving us in the right direction!

Baltimore, Maryland
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Mar 2023, 10:27 pm

Elaine, turn the world upside down!

1 Peter 1:3-5 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.

Watching Yeshua (Jesus) lay down His life to die on the cross was not what His disciples were expecting, but rather a shocking, perplexing, and apparently hopeless ending to what had seemed like a promising fulfillment of Messianic hope. The shattering ordeal of Yeshua's trials, torture, and horrific death must have left them all feeling bereft, miserable, and uncertain of the future. What would they do now? What would their future hold?

As deep and depressing as their shock was, Yeshua's disciples had only to wait three days for the restoration of their vision, hope, and joy. A massive inversion of their reality, exactly what He had predicted, His bodily resurrection, was another shock, but this time...indescribable joy, wonder, and phenomenal relief; and a restoration of meaning, purpose, and vision which carried them the rest of their lives.

As His disciples, our life often follows this pattern: trial, testing, perplexity, suffering, despair, etc.....which then yields to the opposite feelings and experiences of hope, healing, restoration, relief, and the faith and character which emerge along with vision and renewed purpose.

As our Lord knew before He died that He would rise again, He also knows the good things which He portends for the future of His disciples, that is, us, who have been passing through a season of stress and uncertainty. He really, truly wants us to believe in the rest of this wild story; to really and truly accept the fact that He will, again, turn the world upside down as "all things work together for good for them that love God and are the called according to His purpose"!

Witnessing and being exposed to the serious and nasty things that are happening around us now, how can we imagine that anything good can emerge from it all? The future seems bleak and downright frightening. But let us remember the Lord's cross -- His disciples' shock and despair...and the predicted, inevitable resurrection which followed!

Elaine, be at peace, remembering the unalterable pattern God has given us in the revelation of His Son. Enter the new year assured in your faith foundation —and the secure expectation that once again, with Him, as the Apostles did 2000 years ago.....we too, will "turn the world upside down".

Baltimore, Maryland

Editor's Note: This week's episode of Worthy Wrap-Up has been posted on our YouTube Channel: Riots, Wars and Rumors of Wars, and the Coming New Currency
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 Mar 2023, 7:35 pm

Elaine, confound the wise of the world!

1 Corinthians 1:26-29 For you see your calling, brethren, that not many wise according to the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called. But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence.

If He was a man of the world, Yeshua (Jesus) would have chosen the elite of His day to accomplish His mission -- however, He used simple fishermen. These men were considered uneducated, lacking "social status", wealth or worldly distinction of any kind -- yet these "simple" men were the ones the Lord selected to build the Kingdom of God.

When the children of Israel were slaves in Egypt, God didn't send an army to deliver them, He sent a single man. But a single man of God was shown to be greater than the most powerful kingdom on Earth.

Throughout the Bible, we read of the Lord choosing and using the weak things of the world to confound and shame the wise and powerful. God seems to love revealing His awesome power through humble vessels so that no flesh can glory in His presence.

Elaine, don't allow the enemy to convince you that God cannot use you because you are "flawed", weak, or seemingly inconsequential. No, instead, remember that He uses the base, despised nonentities of this world, ordinary, often broken people...to do extraordinary things. Our God is not looking at your wealth, your social status or your education -- He's looking at your heart! If your heart is willing and your life is available, then He is more than able to perform miraculous work through you for His Kingdom's sake. With so much work to be done, don't allow the enemy to stifle or steal the Lord's vision for your life –- He has a plan to use you to confound the wise of this world and to bring to naught the things that are!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 16 Mar 2023, 6:24 pm

Elaine, don't forget your Godly ancestry!

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

A rare archaeological discovery was made in Northern Israel a few years ago. Archaeologists discovered a 1/2 meter statue of Hercules which they say was dated to the second century.

In Greek mythology, Hercules was the son of the Greek god Zeus and the mortal mother Alcmene -- the wisest and most beautiful of all mortal women. Hercules was said to surpass all mortal men in strength, size, and skill. How did Hercules become such a powerful mortal according to mythology? It was because his father was the Greek god, Zeus.

While this is a mythological story, we, as saints of the most high have a real Heavenly Father who sits on His throne in heaven. While we live in these mortal bodies, we're called to do extraordinary things in this life! We have a Spiritual Father sitting on the throne who wants to give us wisdom from above. He wants to give us "peace that passes all understanding." And He's calling us to live a life outside this natural realm -- a life worthy of a "King and a Priest" of the Most High.

Elaine, while Hercules was a myth -- your life is a reality -- the reality that God is Your heavenly Father! Don't place God in a box -- but recognize that God is calling you to live outside the box! Your life before you were born again was a "mortal" life, but having crossed over, you're now called to live a supernatural life! So live it -- because your life is an inheritance directly from your Heavenly Father!

Baltimore, Maryland

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 21 Dec 2022, 9:59 pm

Elaine, how dedicated are you?

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 What? do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have of God, and you are not your own? For you were bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

As we mentioned a couple of days ago, Chanukah commemorates of the desecration of the holy temple of old, (just another attempt of the enemy to wipe out the Jewish people and the things of God), God's great grace and the re-dedication of the temple to Him.

While there is no longer a physical temple today, the Bible declares that we, as believers in Yeshua (Jesus), are living temples of God. But we need to recognize that our enemy is constantly at work, trying to erect idols and desecrate our temple in various ways so that we cannot be used to glorify God. How long has it been since we cleansed and rededicated our temple to the Lord? We should really be doing it daily!

Elaine, we want to be more holy -- purer -- more righteous so that we can be found a peculiar people, a holy nation, a royal priesthood, as the scripture says. Let's pull down the strongholds and destroy the idols that pollute us! Let's strive to be a people who shine forth the glory of God today!

Orlando, Florida

Join us on an epic, life changing journey through Israel, through the eyes of those who are well acquainted with the culture, the people and the Land. This is not your average Israel tour— bring your family, bring your friends, and experience the REAL ISRAEL with George and Baht Rivka as your personal hosts.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Dec 2022, 2:45 pm

Elaine, be courageous!

Joshua 1:8 This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth; but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it: for then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid nor be dismayed: for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

On Sunday night, many around the world began celebrating the festival of Chanukah -- or the Festival of Lights.

While Chanukah is not a Biblical feast mentioned in the Old Testament, it is an important one. Chanukah commemorates the story of small group of men with much courage -- enough courage to defeat even the greatest of the world’s empires.

The Greek-Syrian Emperor Antiochus Epiphanes defiled the Temple by erecting an idol within it and commanded all of Israel to worship it. If that wasn’t enough, he made it illegal to follow God's laws and anyone caught observing them would be put to death. Yeshua (Jesus) pointed out in Matthew 24 -- when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by Daniel -- flee! This warning by Yeshua foreshadowed a future event.

So what happened? A few men, the Maccabees, decided to fight an entire empire on their own! They had a miraculous victory, restoring and rededicating the Temple, and relighting the menorah -- a victory which we celebrate.

Elaine, in these dark days approaching, we're going to be called to a deeper walk with the Lord, to stand up for His truth and be a light to the dying world around us! Let's get restored, rededicated and rekindled so that we can be strong for Him!

Orlando, Florida

Join us on an epic, life changing journey through Israel, through the eyes of those who are well acquainted with the culture, the people and the Land. This is not your average Israel tour— bring your family, bring your friends, and experience the REAL ISRAEL with George and Baht Rivka as your personal hosts.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 19 Dec 2022, 11:02 pm

Elaine, be a light!

John 10:22-23 And it was at Jerusalem the feast of the dedication (Chanukah), and it was winter. And Jesus walked in the temple in Solomon's porch.

Chanukah, a time of celebration and rededication, began last night in the Land and for Jewish people all over the globe. Those of us who are grafted in through the atoning work of Messiah, we who know God, have an opportunity to see the deeper significance in the Biblical holidays and are not only welcome but encouraged to celebrate as well!

Over 150 years before Yeshua's (Jesus’) birth, a group of Jewish warriors led by Judah Maccabee defeated Anticochus IV. Though terribly outnumbered by their foes, the Maccabees triumphed over the Grecian Syrian Empire. This led to the establishment of Chanukah -- the feast of dedication.

According to an ancient Jewish legend, Judah entered into Jerusalem only to find the Temple desecrated by a sacrificed pig and an idol of Zeus. Upon seeing this, he immediately began to cleanse the Temple. Judah also found that there was only one cruse of undefiled oil which could burn in the Temple Menorah (holy candelabra which had to continually burn). This oil was only enough for one day but it miraculously lasted for eight days, just enough time to get more of this special oil made. So in memory of this miracle and the rededication of the Temple, Chanukah or the Festival of Lights has been celebrated by the Jewish people for over 2000 years and was even celebrated by Yeshua (Jesus) Himself!

Every Chanukah, chanukkiahs (the candelabra of nine candle holders) are lit. Each chanukkia has a special candle, known as the Shamash which is raised above the other eight. The word ‘shamash’ means ‘servant, helper, or minister -- so the Shamash candle is the servant candle, or the ministering candle, and is used to light all the other candles. It is the servant who is raised up and lights all the others, symbolizing Messiah, for us who believe.

Yeshua came and proclaimed that ‘He is the Light of the World and whoever follows Him shall have the light of life!’ The one who serves the Lord will be a light! The one who does the will of God will shine! The more we serve the Lord, and earnestly do His will, with all our heart, soul and mind -- the more we will shine with the light of God and so ultimately will we be raised up!

Elaine, let's strive to serve the Lord with gladness this season and light up the world around us! We may be small but a small light will go a long way in a dark place.

Orlando, Florida

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 16 Dec 2022, 7:05 pm

Elaine, rejected? Relax...

Psalms 118:22-23 The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord's doing; It is marvelous in our eyes.

Isaiah 28:16 Therefore thus says the Lord God: Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; whoever believes will not act hastily.

John 15:18 If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first.

These first two scriptures are speaking of the same "Stone", the prophesied Messiah Yeshua (Jesus), the "head of the corner" or "rosh pina", in Hebrew. This stone is laid in Zion, a common synonym for Jerusalem, where mount Zion rests. The stone is "tried", that is, tested in every way that a stone can be; the stone is precious and excellent to be set as a sure, reliable, accurate, even everlasting foundation, and a stone which is prepared and set in place by God, Himself. Can you think of a "Stone" more perfect or beautiful than our Messiah?

Yet this same "stone" is rejected by the "builders"; but also believed in by others, who will not act hastily. The Hebrew word for "rejected", “ma-as”, carries even stronger meaning; "to abhor", "cast away", "despise", "disdain", and "be loathsome" are also denoted by it. So the "Rosh Pinah", the "Chief Cornerstone" of God is spurned, abhorred, held in contempt, and rejected.

Now the builders are the ones who ought to know a good stone for a building when they see one. They're responsible for the quality of the building. But this precious cornerstone is abhorred and cast away by them; very sad and irresponsible. Yet the prophet clearly predicts this stone will become the "Chief Cornerstone", even though rejected by the builders -- and that it will be marvelous in the eyes of some...and these will not "make haste"; the Hebrew "chuwsh" means to hurry, or even "to flee in alarm". Apparently, those, who believe, will be at peace, they will be relaxed.

Elaine, The Lord Yeshua (Jesus) said that our identification with Him would cause us to be hated and rejected too. And in this world, there are quite a few modern "builders" who have also rejected the "Chief Cornerstone", so we can expect that they will reject and abhor us who belong to Him. But the prophet said that believers in this Precious Cornerstone will not make haste, or flee in terror; instead, their belief, their faith, their trust will make them relaxed. Is that you?

Shabbat Shalom!

Orlando, Florida

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 15 Dec 2022, 7:24 pm

Genesis 1:28
(28) Then God blessed them, and God said to them, "Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth."
New King James Version   Change your email Bible version

This verse contains the first words God spoke to mankind. The Hebrew word translated as “blessed” can also at times signify a curse. Here, without a doubt, it signifies that God's conferring of good on the newly created couple is to be shared by their descendants.

This divine act not only confers dominion over what God created, but it also establishes that, even as God is the Creator and Giver of His wonderful creation at that moment, He is also the Giver of its continued blessings through time to Adam and Eve's descendants. In His first oral communication to them—an authoritative command to spread over the earth and enjoy His creation's benefits—He desires to establish in their minds that everything before them was a gift from Him to prepare them to face life.

The physical creation of earth, which culminated in the creation of Adam and Eve, parallels the spiritual creation this same God is undertaking in us. Even as God supplied all that Adam and Eve needed for life, so is He supplying all that we need for our spiritual creation. The apostle Paul confirms this in Philippians 4:19, “And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” Our responsibility is to hold fast to His promises in faith.

We have been given much, but much more is required of us than is required of the unconverted because God has given us gifts not given to them. This principle of God's judgment appears in Luke 12:47-48:

And that servant who knew his master's will, and did not prepare himself or do according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes. But he who did not know, yet committed things deserving of stripes, shall be beaten with few. For everyone to whom much is given, from him much will be required; and to whom much has been committed, of him they will ask the more.

The overriding thought in the foreground of this first and universal covenant is that the entire creation—including us and the spiritual life given us, but in context, especially earth and what it contains—is a gift from God to aid us in making our way through the physical life He has provided. This is a reality: We live and have being, and we think, plan, build, and look to the future all because of what God has done. This reality must be foundational in our relationship with Him because it provides solid footing for the humility necessary to make it work. Because He is the Giver of all good things, our thinking about ourselves in relation to Him must begin here.

In the context of Genesis 1, these blessings, these gifts, are somewhat similar to the gifts of the Spirit listed in I Corinthians 12. A dissimilarity, though, is that I Corinthians 12:11 says, “But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He will.” Here, God supplies gifts for functions He assigns within the church rather than for all of life. But an important similarity that we must live by is that God is still gifting to meet the needs of those He is creating, but in this case the gifts are spiritual rather than physical.

The following truth is not stated in Genesis 1-3, but it is a conclusion gathered from this covenant's entire context combined with understanding gathered elsewhere in God's Word: All of God's gifts are aspects of His grace given to aid us in succeeding within His purpose.

The emphasis should be on His purpose. For example the entire creation is a gift. Whether one is converted or unconverted, it stands as a major teaching device, and receiving it bears responsibilities. Serious and honest consideration of it should lead to answering many questions about our place in a relationship with God, and to realizing some of our responsibilities. This is why Paul declares mankind “without excuse.” The fulfillment of these responsibilities lies in the uses we make of the gifts God has given.

— John W. Ritenbaugh
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Dec 2022, 3:54 pm

Elaine, let's get serious!

Matthew 5:13 You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.

Years ago, I heard an anointed missionary and personal friend speaking on the consequences of sin. He told a story about a pair of brothers he knew quite well.

In his teenage years, the older brother went through a time of rebellion against his Christian upbringing. He went to a few parties, drank a little alcohol, tried a few drugs and quickly felt convicted of his behavior and repented before the Lord. While it was only a short few weeks of rebellion, it made a real impression on his younger brother. You see, he was looking up to his big brother. And in those few months of watching him rebel, he decided that trying out a worldly thing or two himself was okay to do.

The older brother readily overcame that time of rebellion. He went on to Christian college and grew to be a wonderful man of God. He traveled all over the world teaching, reviving and leading many to the Lord.

As he came to this part of the story, my anointed missionary friend began to quiver.

"That older brother was me," he said, tears rolling down his cheeks. And my younger brother, he whimpered, is dying of drug addiction today...and it all started during my time of rebellion."

"I would give just about anything to take back that few weeks of backsliding just to see my little brother living for the Lord today, but I can't. I can only pray that you who are listening today will realize that the consequences of sin are no joke".

What a painful example of the consequences of sin. We never know who's watching and how they may be affected by our actions.

Elaine, the job we have as believers is no small one -- whether you realize it or not, there are so many who are observing our lives to see where our faith will lead us. There are many who are hungry for Him and so much work to be done! Let's strive to get serious about God and influence many for Him!

Ormond Beach, Florida

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 13 Dec 2022, 10:43 pm

Elaine, rise up!

Romans 4:20-21 He did not waver at the promise of God through unbelief, but was strengthened in faith, giving glory to God, and being fully convinced that what He had promised He was also able to perform.

A story is told of Napoleon Bonaparte. As he was busy conquering Europe in the 1800s during one of his military campaigns, Napoleon accidentally let the bridle of his horse slip while he was looking through some papers. The horse reared itself, and the Emperor lost his balance. One corporal quickly leaped forward and caught the bridle just in the nick of time, bringing the horse under control and saving Napoleon from what might have been serious injury or even death. Napoleon saluted the corporal and said, "Thank you, Captain!" "Of what company, Sire?" asked the corporal. "Of my guards," replied Napoleon.

The young corporal took his musket and hurled it aside and walked across the field toward the Emperor's staff, tearing off his corporal's stripes as he went. When he took his place among the officers, they asked him what he was doing. I am the captain of the Emperor's Guards, he replied. "By whose order?" they asked. "By the order of the Emperor himself," he replied.

A man of less faith might have been happy returning back to his ranks as a corporal and boasting for the rest of his life about how the Emperor once called him Captain. But no, He took the Emperor at his word. And He knew his potential.

Elaine, in the same way, some of us have been happy just hearing about the promises of God without ever laying claim to them. Others of us have never realized the strengths with which God has gifted us. May it not be! We who know the Lord must become aware of our status as sons and daughters of the King! We must believe that God has promised great things to those who love and serve him, and we must also recognize the potential God has placed upon us from the beginning of time! Let's start practicing some faith today!

Ormond Beach, Florida

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 12 Dec 2022, 3:18 pm

Elaine, prepare for battle!

Ephesians 6:10-12 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, so that you may be able to stand firm against the schemes of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

It ought to be obvious to all of us believers that we are in a spiritual war that is taking place all over the earth -- and that we are called to fight in this battle. In the world's armies, soldiers are not sent into battle before receiving many months of serious training. They need to get physically in shape first and then to learn how to handle different wartime situations and tactics of the enemy.

For us, the moment we are saved, the Lord begins our training for the ongoing spiritual battle in this world. It begins with learning to trust Him for protection as young believers, and progresses through many phases even to the place where we may enter strenuous wrestling with principalities and powers, as the apostle Paul describes in these verses.

Are you struggling in your walk with God? If so, realize that He is training you. Born into war, you are both protected and also necessarily engaged in the battle. Thank God for His protection and His preparation. We need both as we mature and become more involved and useful soldiers for Him against the diverse strategies and tactics of the enemy.

The Lord's weapons are spiritual; they include a knowledge of the scriptures, the anointing of the Holy Spirit which increases with a devoted prayer life, the courage which comes only with deep trust, and His divine wisdom which reveals His strategy for our present situation.

Realizing that we are in a battle, we ought to reflect on and discover where our weaknesses are. We may already be aware of some of them, but the Lord will show us if we ask Him for more insight. Our part is to cooperate with His development and sharpening of our spiritual weapons. If we cooperate with Him He will always lead us in triumph. Our present trial is the battleground for our next victory.

Elaine, so, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. With His armor, you will stand, and with His weapons, you will win.

Ormond Beach, Florida  
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 09 Dec 2022, 4:11 pm

Elaine, here's your renewal notice!

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Junk mail -- those annoying letters that fill your mail box. Along with the junk comes the delightful bills, and renewal notices. Of course the junk, we can just throw away, the bills, unfortunately can't be ignored, but the renewal notices, those we're thankful to see. Without them, we'd likely forget that we need to renew our licenses, our credit cards, membership cards, whatever else. Without those renewal notices, we might go to the ATM one day and not be able to get the cash we need because our card is expired -- oops! We might be asked to show our identification and the authorities might say, "Sorry Charlie, this license is not valid - you didn't renew it!"

Sadly though, the most important things in life that need renewing, do not come with renewal notices. We will never open a piece of mail and see a notice to renew our love for our spouses, our children or our friends. But if we don't continually renew our love for them, it will eventually grow cold. We'll also never receive the most important renewal notice -- to remind us to renew our relationship with God. Our relationship with God is the most important relationship we can have. It must be renewed daily!

In Hebrew, the word "le-cha-desh" means to renew. Here you go. Here is your renewal notice. Renew your love for the ones you love today. Renew your love for the Lord. Renew your love for the things of God and for his calling upon your lives.

Elaine, we all need a little renewing today. Let's ask the Lord to create in us a clean heart and renew a right spirit within us.

Ormond Beach, Florida

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Dec 2022, 8:04 pm

Elaine, death to the flesh!

Galatians 2:20 - I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

When we study a translation of a Scripture passage, we often miss out on the nuances hidden in the original Hebrew (Old Testament) or Greek (New Testament). Often, it’s not that a word is mistranslated but that rendering the meaning in one English word is difficult, if not impossible.

One such word is the word "flesh". The often-used Greek word for "flesh", "sarx", forms the etymological root for our English word, "sarcophagus". Sarcophagi are ornately adorned stone coffins where the mortal flesh of humans (usually significant in some way during their lifetime) becomes entombed. They can be quite ornate and beautifully crafted. Thus, the Greek word for "flesh", ironically, carries in its meaning a hint of the mortal nature of the stuff we are made of, and the vessel to which it is destined. Normally, the simple word "flesh" doesn't necessarily connote "mortality"...unless you spend some time thinking about it...

Our flesh can also be made beautiful, and many spend quite a bit of time and resources beautifying it. Yet our "sarx", or mortal human body, is also a kind of "sarcophagus" since it's destined to decay, a temporary vessel no more eternal than a coffin.

The apostle Paul affirms that he is "crucified with Christ"; that his mortal flesh, with its irrevocably sinful tendency and bondage to decay, has been identified with the Messiah in His death on the cross. Throughout his epistles, Paul frequently warns believers not to live a life "after the flesh", that is, according to its predilections and desires. Living that way could be described as being trapped within a “coffin.”

Yet Paul says in another place that "we carry this treasure in jars of clay"...[2 Cor. 4:7] i.e. that the "sarcophagi" in which we walk around are vessels of resurrection life-- the very life of Messiah, which was regenerated by His Spirit in us.

The great mystery and challenge of a believer's life is that we have the constant choice whether to be a walking self-serving "sarcophagus" or a living, breathing jar of clay filled with God's Holy Spirit and bearing all the fruit of love, joy, peace, etc.

Elaine, your "sarx" can be a self-serving coffin or a life-giving vessel. If you are born from above, the sinful nature of your body has been crucified with Christ, and your constant life choice will be the extent to which you recognize that reality and are filled with the resurrection life that the new birth affords. You were not given a spirit of fear but of love, power, and a sound mind. Don't be an ornate living tomb; be a life-giving, spirit-filled jar of clay!

Ormond Beach, Florida

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 07 Dec 2022, 7:02 pm

Elaine, the veil was torn!

Hebrews 10:19-23 Therefore, brethren, having boldness to enter the Holiest by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh, and having a High Priest over the house of God, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

The New Testament records that when Yeshua (Jesus) died; there was a great earthquake and the veil of the Temple was torn in two. The size of this gigantic veil is not recorded in the NT...but we read from other sources that it was roughly 60 feet long and 30 feet wide with multiple woven layers the thickness of a man's hand! It was hung on a crossbeam stone – a lintel – which was over 30 feet long and weighed more than 30 tons! It was not an easy cloth to tear...

Jerome, a fourth-century Church Father, writes concerning the tearing of the veil, that not only was the veil torn, but the great earthquake had also caused the lintel of the Temple to be broken in two. In fact, it seems that the breaking of the lintel was what caused the veil to be torn in half from top to bottom, since the veil hung down from the lintel.

In the culture of the Jewish people, a father will commonly mourn the loss of his son by rending or tearing his garment...

Can we suggest that the rending of the Temple's veil likewise, dramatically expressed our Heavenly Father's agony over the death of Yeshua, His only begotten Son?

The way was prepared through the death of the Son of God for us to have access to the Holy of Holies, that place on earth which was prepared for the abiding Presence of God's Spirit, and, in earlier Temple times, actually contained His Glory. In the death of the Messiah Yeshua, every barrier and obstacle, even a 30 ton stone that needed to be broken – was removed, to make a way for us to have an intimate relationship with the Father!

Elaine, the sound of ripping cloth, the rending of a massive veil, echoes throughout history to this very day. The agony of that sound of mourning opened for us "a new and living way which He consecrated for us, through the veil, that is, His flesh" [Hebrews 10:20]...so that now, at any time, we can approach our Heavenly Father with boldness and confidence in His love and acceptance. As we embrace the sacrifice of Yeshua, come with a clean heart in His righteousness, we may fully expect His constant intervention and blessing in our everyday lives--- because the way has been permanently opened to us!

Ormond Beach, Florida

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 06 Dec 2022, 9:59 pm

Elaine, take up your mantle!
2 Kings 2:13-15 He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;  And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.  And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.

When Elijah went up to heaven, Elisha took up his mantle and walked in the power of Elijah. The Hebrew word for mantle is "aderet." It's root word is "adir" which means excellent, gallant, glorious, mighty, noble and worthy! Elijah was a man with these qualities. The mantle that Elisha received from Elijah meant a calling which was powerful. Elisha had earned it. When the two first met, Elisha had slaughtered the oxen he was plowing with, and burned them on the wood of their yoke as an offering. Then he followed and served the prophet until the day Elijah was taken miraculously to Heaven. An officer of King Jehoshaphat summed up Elisha's life with these simple and beautiful words: “Elisha, son of Shaphat is here. He used to pour water on the hands of Elijah. ”

Just before Elijah was taken to Heaven he said to his servant, “Tell me, what can I do for you before I am taken from you?” Elisha answered without hesitation, "“Let me inherit a double portion of your spirit”. Having served his mentor so faithfully, Elisha boldly and humbly asked for a double portion of his master's spirit, and received it in full. The sons of the prophets at Jericho did not fail to recognize the anointing which Elisha carried. He carried it because of his excellent and faithful service and devotion to the man of God.

We too are called by the Son of God to excellence, devotion and faithful service. The anointing which we carry from Him will express these qualities. Yeshua (Jesus) is our perfect example, our mentor and master. Following and serving him day by day, faithfully and carefully, we will live under His glorious "mantle".

Elaine, we are called to excellent and faithful service to exemplify and walk in the anointing of our Lord. God has given us a glorious mantle to wear, His very own Spirit, that we might live excellently, mightily, gloriously, gallantly, nobly and worthily. May we receive the grace daily to wear His mantle as Elisha did Elijah's. Even as Elisha received the "double portion", we too may do "greater things".

Ormond Beach, Florida

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next