World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:27 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:22 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:19 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» My Manna
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:11 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:09 pm by Admin

» ATLAS SHRUGS - PAMELA GELLER
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:05 pm by Admin

» Pastor Francis Frangipane
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 9:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 8:11 pm by Admin

» Keith China Nanjing
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 6:19 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 4:04 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 1:20 pm by Admin

» THOUGHT PROVOKING - INSPIRATIONALS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 8:16 pm by Admin

» Share your Jokes smiles here
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 8:12 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 1:31 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 1:09 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 12:40 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 12:38 pm by Admin

» BIRTH PANGS – Series of Powerful Earthquakes Volcano's Strike Around the Globe
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyThu 13 Aug 2020, 12:33 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 12:48 am

Remember Me

"This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me. ,This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."   1 Corinthians 11:24-25

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 11

There was Jesus on the night of His betrayal, having an intimate gathering with His closest companions on earth. He was preparing their hearts to always remember the cross. Don't forget-it's always about the cross. He would be physically leaving His friends, but He showed them how He'd be continually remembered by His sacrifice of a broken body and the shed blood. For them. For you. For me. 

Therefore, Jesus tenderly walked them through this Last Supper, teaching them to always remember. Do we really remember? Have your joyous Easter celebrations from only two weeks ago faded into the past? On a communion Sunday at church, do you casually, mechanically take the bread and cup? Without the death of Jesus, we have no hope of salvation. How can we not remember? The items Jesus used were ordinary and simple: a cup of wine, a morsel of bread. 

May we never let that simplicity drive us into complacency. Jesus stepped out of eternity and into our world for one thing: to seek and to save that which was lost, including you and me!

Insight: Oh Jesus, forgive my indifference, my nonchalance, my apathy. It cost you death to give me life now and forever.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 11:01 am

Date: December 10, 2019 at 1:20 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Jumping Out of the Boat

Jumping Out of the Boat

"When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. It's a ghost, they said, and cried out in fear ,Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus." Matthew 14:26, 29

Scripture Focus: Matthew 14

Imagine you're in a boat that's being battered by a storm. It's 4:00 in the morning, and you're a long way from shore. You're drenched, discouraged, and feeling a bit seasick. Suddenly, in the distance, a figure appears. Utter fear takes over! But then imagine Jesus' calm, reassuring voice cutting through the wind and waves. "It is I. Don't be afraid."

Could there ever be more comforting, welcoming words? These are the words that mean rescue from peril. Peter was bold, but he still needed assurance. "Lord, if it's really you, tell me to come to you on the water." As Jesus defied the principles of gravity that He originally put in place, He responded to Peter, "Come." Though it made no logical sense (a human can't walk on water!), Peter placed all his trust in the One that could save him, the Water Walker, Jesus. "Jumping out of the boat" is not easy. Keep your eyes on Jesus and off of the tumult around you lest you begin to sink and drown.

But even then, His strong hand reaches out to take hold of you and pull you up.

Insight: "I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10b)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 11:00 am

Date: December 9, 2019 at 1:16 AM
Topic: +DEV+ "If You Say So…”

"If You Say So…”

"They, commanded them not to speak, in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John replied, Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God's sight to obey you rather than God. For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard." Acts 4:19-20

Scripture Focus: Acts 4

Peter and John were in a predicament. They'd been thrown in jail for proclaiming the name of Jesus in teaching and in healing. It was a momentous time for them, and God was already on the scene and at the ready! After witnessing a complete healing (vs. 8-10), the rulers and leaders of the Sanhedrin-seeing the once-crippled beggar now whole and healed- told Peter and John never to speak or teach in the name of Jesus again.

That didn't sit well with these disciples. Peter and John were experiencing the power and working of the Holy Spirit, so they absolutely could not and would not keep quiet. How could they? Mere men could never thwart what God had done. So Peter and John were confident. They were two laymen with no formal education or training in Scripture, but they were companions of Jesus. That's why I can't keep quiet either!

I've seen the working of the Holy Spirit personally in my life. I live before an audience of One. What can mere mortals do to any of us? Testify to His name and power until you see Him face to face.

Insight: If you are a companion of Jesus, spend time with Him every day. He is all you will ever need.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 09 Dec 2019, 8:53 pm

Date: December 9, 2019 at 1:16 AM

Topic: +DEV+  "If You Say So…”

"If You Say So…”

"They, commanded them not to speak, in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John replied, Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God's sight to obey you rather than God. For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard."   Acts 4:19-20

Peter and John were in a predicament. They'd been thrown in jail for proclaiming the name of Jesus in teaching and in healing. It was a momentous time for them, and God was already on the scene and at the ready! After witnessing a complete healing (vs. 8-10), the rulers and leaders of the Sanhedrin-seeing the once-crippled beggar now whole and healed- told Peter and John never to speak or teach in the name of Jesus again. 

That didn't sit well with these disciples. Peter and John were experiencing the power and working of the Holy Spirit, so they absolutely could not and would not keep quiet. How could they? Mere men could never thwart what God had done. So Peter and John were confident. They were two laymen with no formal education or training in Scripture, but they were companions of Jesus. That's why I can't keep quiet either! 

I've seen the working of the Holy Spirit personally in my life. I live before an audience of One. What can mere mortals do to any of us? Testify to His name and power until you see Him face to face.

Insight: If you are a companion of Jesus, spend time with Him every day. He is all you will ever need.
If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray 

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 06 Dec 2019, 9:54 pm

Date: December 6, 2019 at 1:39 AM
Topic: +DEV+ We Can't Keep Quiet

We Can't Keep Quiet

"They, commanded them not to speak, in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John replied, Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God's sight to obey you rather than God. For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard." Acts 4:19-20

That didn't sit well with these disciples. Peter and John were experiencing the power and working of the Holy Spirit, so they absolutely could not and would not keep quiet. How could they? Mere men could never thwart what God had done. So Peter and John were confident. They were two laymen with no formal education or training in Scripture, but they were companions of Jesus. That's why I can't keep quiet either! I've seen the working of the Holy Spirit personally in my life.

I live before an audience of One. What can mere mortals do to any of us? Testify to His name and power until you see Him face to face.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 04 Dec 2019, 6:06 pm

Date: December 4, 2019 at 1:07 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Just a Touch of the Hand

Just a Touch of the Hand

"When Jesus came into Peter's house, he saw Peter's mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever. He touched her hand and the fever left her, and she got up and began to wait on him." Matthew 8:14-15

Scripture Focus: Matthew 8

Jesus was in high demand. Everyone wanted a piece of Him. The sick, demon-possessed, blind, deaf, and paralyzed were brought to wherever Jesus was. If they could just get a touch of His garment, they'd be made whole. They didn't all necessarily want what Jesus had to offer-eternal life-but they certainly were interested in a free cure.

Then Jesus stepped into His friend Peter's house, and there a healing was needed, too. Peter's mother-in-law was down with a fever. An easy enough thing for us to remedy today, but who knows how serious it was then? With only Jesus' touch to her hand, the fever flew out the door. That's all He had to do: touch her hand!

Often we get caught up in the urgent needs of our lives. We want a healing, and we want it now. Sometimes, like the crowds following Jesus, we aren't even interested in knowing Him; we only want what He can do for us. Do you know He is the Healer? Have you been with Him? Let Him touch your heart so that the deepest healing you need-cleansing from your sin-is done and complete.

Insight: Ask the Lord to work deeply on your heart, not just on your body.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 6:50 pm

Date: December 2, 2019 at 12:43 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Eating Our Fill

Eating Our Fill

"Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand? Are your hearts hardened? Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don't you remember?" Mark 8:18

Scripture Focus: Mark 8

Jesus' famous miracle of feeding 5,000 families with five loaves and two fish is the only miracle that all four gospel books record. A second miraculous feeding, 4,000 families with seven loaves and a few small fish, is also recorded in two gospels. Why are these two miracles given such prominence?

Both episodes show us a God of plenty who feeds the hungry. We get to see the compassion of God in Jesus' concern for the hungry crowd. The disciples would have sent the people away to fend for themselves, but Jesus wouldn't hear of it. We also see the generosity of God in the huge amounts of leftover food. This wasn't a dainty lunch! He fed them until they had to push back and say, "Enough! I can't eat another bite!"

We need these lessons to be pounded into our hearts. Like the disciples, we fret about things that God has already promised to take care of. Like them, we forget what He has recently done for us. Our forgetful fretting distracts us from His bounty and sidetracks us from praising Him for it.

Insight: Jesus wants us to see, hear, taste, and remember God's plenty. And then to eat our fill!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 10:29 pm

Date: November 28, 2019 at 1:15 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Facing Hunger

Facing Hunger
"I know what it is to be in need, and, to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."   Philippians 4:12b
Scripture Focus:  Philippians 4

It's tough to remain content in a world where hunger and plenty alternate without warning. Our satisfaction often rides the roller coaster of our circumstances. Gaining one thing on our want list only seems to yield more wants! What is the secret of contentment Paul speaks of? Actually, Paul learned it from Jesus. 
Jesus learned the secret of contentment one day at a time. He studied creation and observed that His Father fed the birds and clothed the lilies. From that bit of wisdom, He taught us, "Look at the birds of the air." He is the wise man we can turn to when we're struggling. He will give us wisdom. Jesus also gained the strength to be content one day at a time. For example, in the wilderness He suffered want and was surely tempted to be discontent, just as we are. 

But when Satan taunted Him with an offer of bread, Jesus resisted the devil and won. Each time He did that, He earned the strength that He would give to Paul and to us. Jesus faced hunger so that our lives might be filled to overflowing with Him.

Insight: "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13)

Michael D. Inman

Date: March 28, 2018 at 1:15 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Surrounded by Love

Surrounded by Love
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?"   Romans 8:35a

Scripture Focus:  Romans 8

The child had begun to steal small change from his mother's dresser drawer. He knew she kept her money there because once she had sent him to fetch what she owed the babysitter. But now it had become a snare. Torn between guilt and greed, mostly he was terrified that she would find out. That day did indeed come. "Has anyone taken money from my dresser?" she asked at dinner. 

The truth came out, and consequences followed. I've ruined everything! How can they trust me now? How can they still love me? We can all relate to this young child. Our sin makes us wonder how God can still love us. How can we be satisfied by His love when we feel like we're on probation? 

In today's reading Paul assures us not only that God loves us, but that we are surrounded by the love of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Father loved us while we were still sinners. The Spirit pours out that love into our hearts. And nothing can separate us from the love of Christ. Nothing! Neither sin nor suffering can break the grip of our Triune God.

Insight: Be satisfied today in the unbreakable embrace of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Michael D. Inman

Date: November 28, 2019 at 12:18 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Surrender to God
Surrender to God
"Praise the LORD ,for he knows how we are formed, he Remembers that we are dust."  Psalm 103:1, 14
Scripture Focus: Psalm 103
Though thoughts of Thanksgiving are around us, sometimes we can't help reflecting on all that could have been, on all that we should and could have done. We look at our lives and try to measure if we have been successes or failures. We use worldly, perhaps materialistic ways to gauge this, and we see that we fall short.

Then we hear David speaking to the Lord. We hear him say what we humbly need to accept: that our Lord knows everything there is to know about us, since He formed us from dust, and to dust shall we return. Shouldn't we then rejoice at this very moment and praise God for making us a minuscule part of His gigantic plan of creation and redemption? Shouldn't we, on bended knees, thank God for who He is and what He has done with our lives? 

Shouldn't we seize the day, and live it to praise and glorify Him? It is time to surrender all our failure, all our sadness, all our anxiety, and all our worries at the feet of our Lord. It is time to proclaim with everything in us, "Thank you, and I love you, Lord." [Sunil, Kolkata, West Bengal, India; first year student]

Insight: "To know that God knows everything about me and yet loves me is indeed my ultimate consolation." (R. C. Sproul)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 26 Nov 2019, 11:24 pm

Date: November 26, 2019 at 1:28 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Tasting His Goodness

Tasting His Goodness

",now that you have tasted that the Lord is good." 1 Peter 2:3

Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 2

Have you recently tasted that the Lord is good? Or is your appetite for His goodness growing dull? God uses our repeated battles with sinful cravings to help us taste His saving grace again and again. That's why Peter ends his thought about putting away sin and restoring newborn appetite with today's short verse.

God's pattern is to turn our sin into an opportunity for us to experience that truth again. God also uses our suffering to keep the goodness of His grace fresh. There can be comfort in our suffering when we know that God is sovereign over it. Peter quotes David's words from Psalm 34:8, a psalm which tells the story of David's desperation-when he actually pretended to be crazy in the court of the Philistine king so they wouldn't kill him. David's gratitude for that deliverance was so great it produced a Hebrew A-B-C account of God's grace.

God wants His grace to be a familiar flavor in our lives. That's why He won't let the gospel become theoretical, but uses both sin and suffering to help us taste His goodness.

Insight: "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." (Psalm 34:8)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 26 Nov 2019, 12:43 am

Date: November 25, 2019 at 1:40 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Changed by the Gospel

Changed by the Gospel

"Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry." 1 Corinthians 10:14

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 10

Don't think about doughnuts. Now that I've planted that idea in your head, you might end up eating one before the day is over! The word doughnut awakens the taste, and the taste awakens the hunger, and the hunger drives us to eat, even to eat things we know are not good for us.

The fact of the matter is we feed on what we love. What's true of our stomachs is also true of our hearts. How, then, can we change? Will it work if we just keep telling ourselves that something isn't good for us? No. When our cravings lead us astray, the best way to change is by substituting something we love more. In today's passage Paul urges the Corinthians- and us-to flee idolatry.

But where should we go instead? To Jesus. We flee to Him when we get a new glimpse of Him in the Scriptures. We flee to Him when we cry out for help and experience His deliverance. We flee to Him when we ask forgiveness and taste His grace. The gospel changes all of us by helping us see, hear, taste, and experience Jesus, the most beautiful One, again and again.

Insight: When we feed on the love of Christ, He makes our idols taste like dust.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 24 Nov 2019, 11:22 pm

Date: November 19, 2019 at 1:27 AM
Topic: +DEV+ We Failed; Jesus Passed

We Failed; Jesus Passed

"He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, ,to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD." Deuteronomy 8:3

Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 8

Hunger brings out the worst in us. I'm sure you've seen it in small children. When I'm hungry, I might snap at my wife or friends, complain about the lack of food in our house, or lunge for the last doughnut before anyone else can claim it. "Hangry" is today's slang for it, where appetite meets anger.

God uses hunger to test us in the wilderness. Will our empty stomachs cause us to cry out to God, or will we shake our fist at Him and accuse Him of not loving us? Will our empty souls drive us to Jesus, or will we run around the desert of this world, filling up on its idols? Time after time we fail the test, behaving badly, snatching for this, and complaining about that. How will we ever prevail? We won't, but Jesus did. As the second Adam, Jesus came to pass the test that Adam-and all of us since Adam-failed.

The devil taunted Him with bread and offered Him kingdoms. But Jesus lived by every word from the mouth of God and defeated Satan completely. In the wilderness, Jesus is not just our example; He is our Victor.

Insight: Adam failed God's test in the garden, but Jesus passed it in the wilderness. Praise God for our hero and help!

Michael D. Inman

Date: November 20, 2019 at 1:18 AM
Topic: +DEV+ God in Our Wilderness

God in Our Wilderness

"About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? -which means, My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46

Scripture Focus: Matthew 27

One of the hardest things about being in the wilderness is that we often feel so alone there. It isolates us, even when we may be in a room full of people. The simple greeting of "How are you?" becomes hard to answer.

God can feel far away as we wait for Him to answer our many prayers. But God is not distant. When Jesus took on our flesh and endured the wilderness for us, He brought God near in the wilderness. God the Father hears our prayers because God the Son is at His right hand interceding for us, with all the sympathy and faithfulness of a human priest. As well, God the Spirit lives in us, hearing our sighs, groaning as we groan, and pouring God's love into our hearts.

The Triune God is with us in the wilderness. There is one part of Jesus' wilderness that we didn't share. When Jesus became sin for us at the cross, God withdrew His fatherly presence and poured out His judgment on our willing substitute. Jesus was forsaken that day so that you and I will not be forsaken today and will be with Him eternally one day.

Insight: God abandoned His Son in that wilderness so that He could be "God with us" in our wilderness.

Michael D. Inman

Date: November 21, 2019 at 2:03 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Spiritual Junk Food

Spiritual Junk Food

"In the desert they gave in to their craving; in the wasteland they put God to the test." Psalm 106:14

Scripture Focus: Psalm 106

Have you ever opened a bag of chips while you were making dinner and ended up eating them and spoiling your appetite? Spiritual junk food plays the same role in our lives, filling without satisfying. It's a poor substitute for what is good. Cravings get the best of us more often than we'd like to admit.

What do you tend to feed on when you're bored? There's nothing like a compliment to make us feel alive again. How about when you're angry? Anger loves to feed on itself, leading to endless mental arguments with our adversary, which we think we win, of course, every time. In the wilderness, God puts us to the test, but in our cravings, we put God to the test. We ask, "What are you going to do for me this time?" Israel craved meat in the wilderness.

It wasn't their hunger for meat, but their rejection of manna and their lust for Egypt that provoked God's anger. Our cravings tempt us to reject God, too. Such temptation is common, but temptation is not yet sin. Flee to Christ as soon as you crave something other than Him.

Insight: The One who was tempted in every way we are, but without sin, will help us by His Spirit in every temptation.

Michael D. Inman

Date: November 22, 2019 at 1:18 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Why Do I Still Crave?

Why Do I Still Crave?

"And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 10

Why do I still crave junk when I know better? The short answer is because junk is what I love most at that moment. I feed on what I love. My appetite reveals my idolatry, temptation #1 for every person on this planet. Paul warns us in 1 Corinthians 10 about this common temptation by reviewing Israel's past in the wilderness. Before you dismiss that as ancient history, look again at today's reading.

Paul picks up on this scene from Israel's history to show us how vulnerable we are to the same temptations, no matter if we have been life-long Christ followers or not. The troubles and sins of Israel in the wilderness were recorded as an example to us. But we read about it for more than just advice to avoid their mistakes. They lived in the time of promise. We live in the time of fulfillment. Jesus has come and borne our sin away. He has risen and given us life. He has ascended and sent His Spirit.

We are equipped to do battle with our cravings in a way that Israel was not. The light has dawned, so walk in the Spirit.

Insight: God is faithful to provide a way out of temptation through His Son and His Spirit.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 18 Nov 2019, 11:08 pm

Wilderness Hunger

"Then the LORD said to Moses, I will rain down bread from heaven for you."  Exodus 16:4a

Scripture Focus:  Exodus 16

"What's for dinner?" the kids asked their mom. "Poison!" she retorted. Sarcasm surfaced because if she had said "meatloaf " or "chicken," the kids would grouse. She was tired of their complaining and wanted them to know it! But when dinner rolled around, of course she fed them a healthy, tasty meal. That's grace. 

In today's passage God leads His people from the oasis to the wilderness. It's barren out there, and they're growing hungrier by the minute. Do they recall the miracle of the Passover? The parting of the Red Sea? The bitter water made sweet? Do they think if God could do those things, then this problem is simple? Do they cry out to Him and ask for food? No. Like us, they are at their worst when they're hungry. They lash out at Moses and Aaron, accusing them of genocide. 

Behind their accusation is the true poison, the serpent's lie: God isn't good; He's holding back on you. How will God handle His rebel children? Will He rain down judgment on them? No, He rains down bread from heaven. That's grace!

Insight: The grace of the wilderness was purchased at the cross of Christ.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 15 Nov 2019, 11:33 pm

Date: November 15, 2019 at 12:32 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Come as You Are

Come as You Are

"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost." Isaiah 55:1

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 55

We had been packing to move when friends called. "We're coming over, and we're bringing dinner. Don't worry about how you look or how the house looks. And don't even think about paying for the food!" Come! Drop everything and come as you are. Hungry? There's food. No money? Don't worry, it's on me.

This is the free offer of the gospel that was trumpeted by Isaiah. It's the world's greatest news, that God has done all the work so that we can come home to Him. It's an invitation to His feast, and He won't take "no" for an answer. It's also a daily offer to come and be fed by the finished work of Christ. Then why don't we drop everything and come running? Maybe because we know our lives are a mess and we want to clean up a bit first. Or possibly because it sounds too good to be true. Or could it be that we think we're just too busy to add one more thing to our list?

We are reluctant guests, every one of us. But He is the persistent host saying, "Come, come, come!" Come hungry and empty. Sit, eat, and be filled.

Insight: "Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?" (Isaiah 55:2a)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 11:09 pm

Date: November 14, 2019 at 1:28 AM
Topic: +DEV+ His Perfect Appetite

His Perfect Appetite

"'My food,' said Jesus, is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work." John 4:34

Scripture Focus: John 4

When I was nine, I had a friend named Roland Todd. I looked up to him, not just because he was the same age that I was, but because he didn't have a sweet tooth. I used to eat sugar by the pound, so I found his sensible eating to be a marvel.

The disciples marveled, too, when they came back from town with lunch and saw Jesus talking with a Samaritan woman. Why was He doing that? They would never do such a thing, because they would never want to. They had no appetite for talking with a woman such as this one, a Samaritan and a sinner! But Jesus was hungry to help her. And revealing Himself to this woman of questionable reputation satisfied Him to such an extent that He hadn't yet touched the lunch they brought Him.

What fed His soul that day? His soul was fed because He not only wanted to do the Father's will, but He did it. That day by the well, Jesus obeyed from the heart. He did so for His Father but also for us, to earn a righteousness that would one day be ours, by faith. Doesn't that whet your appetite for Him?

Insight: Marvel at Jesus' perfect obedience and say along with David, "I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart" (Psalm 40:8).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 1:09 pm

Date: November 12, 2019 at 12:10 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Where Does Hunger Lead Me?

Where Does Hunger Lead Me?

"When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate it."   Genesis 3:6

Scripture Focus: Genesis 3

Our hunger doesn't always lead us in the right direction. Just as we might bypass the apples for a doughnut, we might also bypass gentle words and reach for sharp criticism instead. We choose the wrong over the right. Where will your hunger lead you today-to God or away from Him? 

When the serpent enticed Eve, he turned her attention from the goodness of God to the allure of the forbidden fruit. He awakened her hunger for something God had forbidden. God's lavish goodness was demonstrated to Eve through every other tree in the garden that He'd given her for food. As far as her eyes could see, all was a gift except for a single tree. She was free to take and eat. But that day, she saw not that God was good, but that the tree looked good. So she ate, rejecting the gift and violating the command. What looks good to you today? 

When our hunger leads us away from God to something we think is better, we must go to another tree, the one where Jesus Himself bore our sinful hungers and showed us just how good God really is.

Insight: When your hunger fails to lead you to God, let your sin lead you to the cross.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 9:44 pm

Divine Vending Machine

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."   James 1:5

Scripture Focus: James 1

There he was, standing in front of the vending machine again, digging in his pockets for correct change so he could buy water. He'd left his own water bottle at home on the counter. As he shoved his money in, he hoped it would deliver. We sometimes look at God that way, as some sort of divine vending machine. We know what we want to get from Him, and we know it's in there somewhere. 

Now what do we have to do to get Him to give it to us? Catch up on our Bible reading? Pray? Fast? Make some resolutions to do or not do things we know are right or wrong? Meanwhile, We’re waiting for my quarter to drop and our hunger to be satisfied. But God is not like an impersonal vending machine. He comes to us as the Divine Host. Not only is He aware of all our hungers, He also designed those very hungers to bring us to His table. 

Do we lack wisdom? Then ask. Do we lack food or clothing? Ask. Do we need friends or work or help or healing? Ask your heavenly Father, who does not hold back, but "gives generously to all without finding fault."

Insight: Don't try to deny or satisfy or figure out your hunger. Bring it to God, and He will give you what is good.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 08 Nov 2019, 12:17 am

Date: November 6, 2019 at 1:28 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Hungry Souls

Hungry Souls

"For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." Psalm 107:9

Scripture Focus: PSALM 107

We know how it feels to have an empty stomach. We become distracted and irritable. We may exhibit irrational behavior, like swerving across three lanes of traffic to pull into a Burger King. But do you know how it feels to have a hungry soul? Psalm 107 speaks to us about both types of hunger-of the body as well as the soul.

Those wandering through the desert need food, water, and shelter, but they also long for a place to call home, something more than just a roof over their heads. "Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted within them" (v. 5). By talking about both hungers, God's Word assures us that He not only knows our needs, but He also created them. He made us hungry so He could feed us. He gave Adam an appetite and then placed him in a garden.

He made Adam lonely and then created Eve. God is still the One who satisfies the needs of both our bodies and our souls. Though our longings may cause us to sink and to sin, we can cry out to Him in our trouble. Watch and see how He satisfies your soul and fills you with good things.

Insight: Awareness of our need is the first step in bringing it to our good and generous God. What are you hungry for today?

Michael D. Inma
Date: November 7, 2019 at 12:08 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Finding True Food

Finding True Food

"Then Jesus declared, I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35

Scripture Focus: John 6

What kind of food will satisfy our hungry souls? When we start to pray about our longings, we often discover that what we want is not what we need. We get distracted by the toys and trinkets our world dangles before us-fame, success, material wealth. We're not unlike the crowd in Jesus' day who followed Him only because they wanted another free meal (vs. 26).

How did Jesus respond to them? Not by sending them away, but by offering them what they really needed: Himself. Like us, they were sinners in need of a Savior. He knew they needed life, not stuff. They were preoccupied with the goods and services Jesus could provide for them. Yet that wasn't a deal breaker; it was simply a symptom of their need. Jesus knew it, and offered them true bread.

When we bring our hunger and the longings of our hearts to God, He doesn't give us everything we ask for. He gives us Jesus who lived and died for us-not a one-size-fits-all answer to our longings, but the explosive, life-generating force of His death and resurrection.

Insight: The food God gives for our souls is Himself. Jesus' death for us is so personal and complete, we can feed on it every day.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 12:01 am

Topic: +DEV+ Scandalous Grace

Michael D. Inman
Scandalous Grace

"The crowd listened to Paul until he said this. Then they raised their voices and shouted, Rid the earth of him! He's not fit to live!" Acts 22:22

Scripture Focus: Acts 22

Having been falsely accused of defiling God's holy temple, the Apostle Paul pleaded with a mob of his fellow Jews. Explaining that he was in fact a law-abiding Pharisee, their indignation began to cool. That is, up until the point when he added that the Lord had sent him to preach saving grace to the Gentiles!

In first-century Israel, non-Jewish people- Gentiles and Samaritans-were generally considered "unclean dogs" bound for hell. Although their full inclusion among God's people had been foretold since Abraham's day (Genesis 12:1-3), the Judean church wrestled with accepting "outsiders" even 20 years after Pentecost. (See, for example, Acts chapters 10, 11, and 15.) Even Israelites could be considered "unclean" if they were notoriously immoral.

I am all too aware of how I've lived as an "unclean dog" and "outsider." But even I as a soldier, even my military friends, even you whose sin has chased hard after you-we are the recipients of Jesus' scandalous grace which fully forgives and embraces the most outcast of sinners.

Insight: "Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all." (Colossians 3:11)

Michael D. Inman

Date: November 6, 2019 at 1:28 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Hungry Souls

Hungry Souls

"For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things."   Psalm 107:9

Scripture Focus: PSALM 107

We know how it feels to have an empty stomach. We become distracted and irritable. We may exhibit irrational behavior, like swerving across three lanes of traffic to pull into a Burger King. But do you know how it feels to have a hungry soul? Psalm 107 speaks to us about both types of hunger-of the body as well as the soul. 

Those wandering through the desert need food, water, and shelter, but they also long for a place to call home, something more than just a roof over their heads. "Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted within them" (v. 5). By talking about both hungers, God's Word assures us that He not only knows our needs, but He also created them. He made us hungry so He could feed us. He gave Adam an appetite and then placed him in a garden. 

He made Adam lonely and then created Eve. God is still the One who satisfies the needs of both our bodies and our souls. Though our longings may cause us to sink and to sin, we can cry out to Him in our trouble. Watch and see how He satisfies your soul and fills you with good things.

Insight: Awareness of our need is the first step in bringing it to our good and generous God. What are you hungry for today?

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 10:22 pm

Date: November 5, 2019 at 12:31 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Scandalous Grace

Scandalous Grace

"The crowd listened to Paul until he said this. Then they raised their voices and shouted, Rid the earth of him! He's not fit to live!"  Acts 22:22

Scripture Focus: Acts 22

Having been falsely accused of defiling God's holy temple, the Apostle Paul pleaded with a mob of his fellow Jews. Explaining that he was in fact a law-abiding Pharisee, their indignation began to cool. That is, up until the point when he added that the Lord had sent him to preach saving grace to the Gentiles! 

In first-century Israel, non-Jewish people- Gentiles and Samaritans-were generally considered "unclean dogs" bound for hell. Although their full inclusion among God's people had been foretold since Abraham's day (Genesis 12:1-3), the Judean church wrestled with accepting "outsiders" even 20 years after Pentecost. (See, for example, Acts chapters 10, 11, and 15.) Even Israelites could be considered "unclean" if they were notoriously immoral. 

I am all too aware of how I've lived as an "unclean dog" and "outsider." But even I as a soldier, even my military friends, even you whose sin has chased hard after you-we are the recipients of Jesus' scandalous grace which fully forgives and embraces the most outcast of sinners.

Insight: "Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all." (Colossians 3:11)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 12:00 am

Date: November 4, 2019 at 1:13 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Clean Heart

A Clean Heart

"Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me." Psalm 51:5

Scripture Focus: Psalm 51

If being retired has one advantage, it's the free time. Some years ago I had the chance to read The Confessions of Saint Augustine. Augustine was a bishop in fifth-century A.D. North Africa, who recounted his salvation from wickedness. He marveled that the Lord chose him (Romans 8:28-30), knowing how evil he was even at conception.

We may say that babies are "innocent" and "pure." At least until they learn the word no, it seems that they are. But no humans need training in how to disobey, act selfishly, lie, or steal. It's our natural desire to turn away from God's law (Romans 7:18-20). The Bible calls this inner depravity iniquity. As the verses surrounding Psalm 51:5 clarify, King David isn't making excuses or shifting blame for his iniquity-his terrible sins (recorded in 2 Samuel 11-12).

Instead he is confessing that he is (as we also are) rotten to the very core. He cries out for a clean heart (vs. 10) which loves and adores God and His Word. And in His lavish grace to even the vilest offender, the Lord always answers this prayer.

Insight: "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you." (Ezekiel 36:26a)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 01 Nov 2019, 4:00 pm

Date: November 1, 2019 at 2:06 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Calling All Sinners

Calling All Sinners

"Jesus answered them, It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." Luke 5:31-32

Scripture Focus: Luke 5

Several times during my military service I've had to reevaluate and correct my motives for establishing habits which, in and of themselves, are good. I may seek to keep myself and my quarters neat and clean, for example, or exercise regularly, read daily, or limit my intake of junk food.

But any lifestyle can become an idol and a merciless law, blinding us to the truth that we are constantly dependent on God's prodigal grace. Several years ago I saw an advertisement for a book, “The Prodigal God”, by a New York City pastor, Tim Keller. My first reaction to this title was surprise. It sounded blasphemous! I went straight to a dictionary where I learned that prodigal can mean "lavishly extravagant." What a fitting way to describe how the Lord seeks and saves sinful wretches like us who, apart from Christ, have no righteousness at all. Our "prodigal God" lavishes His extravagant grace on us.

Take inventory: Doesn't your soul require an expert Physician? Do you hear Jesus' call to follow Him? He came for the sin-sick and broken.

Insight: "Jesus said, Today salvation has come to this house, For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost." (Luke 19:9-10)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 31 Oct 2019, 3:13 pm

Date: October 31, 2019 at 1:34 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Solid Foundation

Solid Foundation

"Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: The Lord knows those who are his, and, Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness." 2 Timothy 2:19

Scripture Focus: 2 Timothy 2

Prior to Jesus' arrest, He prayed for the eleven remaining disciples and then for all believers. He knew exactly who these were, just as a father knows his own children. The Gospel of John records that God specifically gave these believers to Jesus.

They were characterized by certainty of Jesus' identity and true belief. They were ones who did not consider this world their home, but knew their citizenship was in heaven. So what is it that distinguishes those who are "in Christ" from those who are not? In John 17, we find that believers enjoy the revelation of God through Jesus and that this brings glory to Him. Believers have a unity as they freely confess the name of Jesus and daily repent of sin.

Jesus asks God to sanctify these believers through His Word. He closes His prayer by indicating that true believers know God sent Him to make the Father known. Finally, He wants those who are His to share in the love of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Will you put your hope in the solid foundation of Jesus? Turn to Him today!

Insight: No one can break the seal of God. The Holy Spirit assures believers that they irrevocably belong to God.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 1:31 pm

My Mighty Rock

"My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge."  Psalm 62:7

Scripture Focus: Psalm 62

As Jesus prepared His disciples for His departure back to the Father after His soon-to-be death and resurrection, He knew they would be perplexed until sometime later and that in the meantime they would be shaken. Their friendship had formed a strong bond. Sometimes we are shaken by life's events, too. Jesus has seemed close. 

Many of us have formed a strong bond of friendship with Him. But then along comes great loss, horrific news, confusion, disappointment, or worry about our future. Suddenly, our heavenly peace is threatened. Jesus promised the disciples that He would send them the Holy Spirit and provide the kind of peace that the world would not comprehend (John 14:25-27). He also promised this Counselor to us who believe in Him. 

Like children who come with their troubles to empathetic parents, we pour out our hearts to our Heavenly Father in Jesus' name. We give Him our frustrations, tears, exhaustion, anger, and questions. Our Mighty Rock whose promises are trustworthy and true gives us supernatural soul rest.

Insight: Are you weary? Looking every which way in this world for rest? Take time to read all of Psalm 62 and take comfort in the Lord.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 1:06 pm

[size=16]PHILIPPIANS CHAPTER 4

2 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.

EASILY OFFENDED AND SO TOUCHY

There was a famous TV programme in the UK several years ago about a couple of old ladies who travelled the country cooking, and traveling around to locations in an old motor cycle and sidecar. They were both very different, one spoke with a posh southern accent and the other with a Scottish accent. They got on well and cooked up delicious food.

Now I don't know what these two ladies were like in the Philippian church, but they couldn't of travelled around like the ladies above, because they had a problem with each other. Now we have no idea if this was over some point of doctrine, personal ethics or whatever, but they had a real problem.

Paul has to address these two ladies and to urge them in strong language to be reconciled to each other. Remember what happened when an epistle from Paul was delivered to the church, it was read out to the whole church.

These two ladies would have their dispute laid out in front of the whole church. Note that Paul urges each one individually to be reconciled to each other.

Jesus says if we have a dispute with one of our brothers and sisters, we should leave our offering at the altar and go and be reconciled to that brother or sister.

In our churches today, there are many sisters and brothers who are easily offended and so touchy. How many believers are now outside of the church, because someone has said something they shouldn't? If you know that you have hurt someone who is now outside the church, then go and be reconciled to that person.

I hope none of us are like these two believers; surely not!

It's time to stop being easily offended and so touchy. It's time to be reconciled to each other in love. If we have offended anyone, we need to go and find that brother and sister and be reconciled.

If you are the hurt party, then you need to forgive that person and pray that God would take away the hurt.

God bless you

Keith

[/size]

[size=16]PSALM 29

9 The voice of the Lord maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of his glory.

RIGHT SPEAKING IN THE HOUSE OF GOD

I want to concentrate on the second part of this verse.

God's temple or God's house is sacred, and indeed we need to careful when we come into God's house.

Let me ask you and also me, this question?

Do we speak of God's glory in God's temple?

How often do we go into God's house and speak of anything other than His glory. We talk about the weather, we talk about sports, we talk about fashion.

When I go into "church," sometimes I talk to my friends and that is good, but we need to get our priorities right, when we go into the house of God.

Let us give God glory everyday, everywhere and especially in His house, because Biblically, WE are His house!

God bless you

Keith

[size=16][size=16]SERMONS

LEVITICUS PART 3 BY BART CARLSON

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1215141014241

LEVITICUS PART 4 BY BART CARLSON

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=11415841142

[/size]

[size=16] TENDER DEALING BY JOHN MACDUFF

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=620151959435

A GRACIOUS PARDON BY JOHN MACDUFF

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=51315184280

[/size]
[/size][/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 9:40 pm

Your Unfailing Love

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."  Psalm 143:8

Scripture Focus: Psalm 143

If you're old enough to recall using rolls of film for cameras, then you may remember the Kodak Company's slogan about capturing "Kodak moments" in photographs. Those are perfect times when everything aligns for a while to be truly wonderful. 

I remember my eldest daughter's wedding as a "Kodak moment." It was at a Rolla Missouri at a local church in late July with My daughter the beautiful bride and her entourage. The whole day was stunning with comfortable temperatures, blue skies, sunshine, and no bugs. The day could not have been more perfect. 

But my life is so uneven! My "Kodak moments" are exceptions. Most of the time I face and deal with sin pressing in around me, enemies pursuing us, and spirits growing faint. God's unfailing love does not last for only a moment. Our Lord hears our prayers and lifts our souls. He rescues us and leads us on level ground. His face is not hidden from us. The preservation of our lives in Christ is secure. Because of His amazing grace for this life and for eternity, rain and clouds simply cannot enter.

Insight: "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." (1 John 4:10)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: