World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 8:26 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 8:24 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 7:47 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 7:40 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:52 pm by Admin

»  So You Think You Can Lose It?
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm by Admin

» Joe Biden Smoking Gun
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 5:44 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:20 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:18 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:15 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 3:48 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin on Thu 02 Jan 2020, 8:05 pm

Date: January 2, 2020 at 2:00 AM
Topic: +DEV+. You Decide

You Decide

"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of talk but of power. What do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a whip, or in love and with a gentle spirit?" 1 Corinthians 4:20-21

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 4

Throughout this month we've focused on what it looks like when someone has been with Jesus. We looked at Old Testament characters who walked with God or even saw the prefigured Christ in some form, as well as New Testament characters who saw Him, touched Him, and spoke with Him. Now Paul is writing to the church at Corinth because, though they have been with him (and Paul is bearing witness to Jesus), the people are making one wrong choice after another.

With Paul out of sight, their walk is not matching their talk. They are forgetting that through Paul they have been with Jesus! Paul will come pay them a visit himself, and one way or the other-gentle or severe-there will need to be discipline. Obviously, we can't physically see Jesus. But we can and do spend time with Him through the reading of His Word and through prayer. Does your talk match your walk?

Does the God of this universe have to use discipline to correct you? Or will He come alongside and whisper in your ear to bring you back on course with Him? You decide.

Insight: "Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart." (Matthew 11:29)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 02 Jan 2020, 1:35 am

Date: December 30, 2019 at 2:41 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Stay Close

Stay Close

"Love the LORD, all his saints! The LORD preserves the faithful, but the proud he pays back in full. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD." Psalm 31:23-24

Scripture Focus: Psalm 31

We look at words each one of us as we seek to walk by faith and let our encounters with Jesus change us deeply. Remember, when we've been with Him, everything changes. Each day we have a choice to stay close to God or to try to go it alone. This was the very same choice Adam and Eve came face-to-face with in the Garden of Eden, and we all know what happened then.

According to Psalm 31, it's a no-brainer which way to choose. David knows firsthand that if he stays close to God, He takes care of him. However, if he goes his own arrogant way, God will pay him back in full. When your love for God fills you to overflowing, how could you not desire to stay close to Him? Think of how deeply you want to be near someone you love. It's like that. At least until you get tripped up in the muck and mire of the day-to-day, worrying that there will never be even a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel.

Stay close to God. He is nearer to you than you could ever imagine.

Insight: God always has been close. We see Him in beauty everywhere around us. He came into our world as a man. His Holy Spirit remains in our hearts.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Date: December 31, 2019 at 1:56 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Sing

Sing

"He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God." Psalm 40: 2-3a

Scripture Focus: Psalm 40

Have you ever been rescued? Maybe it was from slipping and falling, or perhaps from being lost. If you've been rescued from a car accident, a flood, a fire, or an ocean current, you certainly will never forget it. I know if someone ever pulled me out of guaranteed danger and lifted me to safety, I'd be singing the praises of that miraculous rescuer forever! Well, God is our Rescuer. He's lifted us from guaranteed death and has pulled us to safety from life's storms and temptations.

When He drags us out of sin's mud and sets us on a sure foundation, we can do nothing but sing His praises. Not only for those around us to hear, but especially for Him! Whatever you do, wait patiently for the Lord to work out His plans in your life (see v. 1). What's one of the best things to do while waiting? Sing! Let your heart overflow with gratitude. After all, He taught you how to sing praises to Him in the good times and also in the bad.

We begin to learn that it isn't so much what God does, but who He is that makes us want to sing.

Insight: I can't and won't stop singing the latest God-song to anyone who will listen. And I always have God's listening ear.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 30 Dec 2019, 1:37 pm

Date: December 30, 2019 at 2:41 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Stay Close

Stay Close

"Love the LORD, all his saints! The LORD preserves the faithful, but the proud he pays back in full. Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD."   Psalm 31:23-24

Scripture Focus: Psalm 31

We look at words each one of us as we seek to walk by faith and let our encounters with Jesus change us deeply. Remember, when we've been with Him, everything changes. Each day we have a choice to stay close to God or to try to go it alone. This was the very same choice Adam and Eve came face-to-face with in the Garden of Eden, and we all know what happened then. 

According to Psalm 31, it's a no-brainer which way to choose. David knows firsthand that if he stays close to God, He takes care of him. However, if he goes his own arrogant way, God will pay him back in full. When your love for God fills you to overflowing, how could you not desire to stay close to Him? Think of how deeply you want to be near someone you love. It's like that. At least until you get tripped up in the muck and mire of the day-to-day, worrying that there will never be even a flicker of light at the end of the tunnel. 

Stay close to God. He is nearer to you than you could ever imagine.
Insight: God always has been close. We see Him in beauty everywhere around us. He came into our world as a man. His Holy Spirit remains in our hearts.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 27 Dec 2019, 11:58 pm

Date: December 27, 2019 at 1:21 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Visions of Royalty

Visions of Royalty

"Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him." Matthew 2:2

Scripture Focus: Matthew 2

Now if this is not strange! Magi appear out of nowhere, following a star that rose out of nowhere. They find Jesus, give Him their lavish gifts, and return home having been warned in a dream of the dangers of King Herod. Their sole purpose in visiting Palestine was to find and worship the King of the Jews. God moved their hearts back home, revealed to them His intention, and guided them very specifically to Jesus through means they understood.

As amazing as this is, God still does this sort of thing today. We have heard similar testimonies from our now-converted friends from the East. "Jesus appeared to me in a dream"; "God brought me here so I could find Jesus"; "We used to worship idols, but now we worship the living God." He has physically moved them through unusual means and spoken to them in terms they can understand about the One who is King.

Be in awe that today God is still calling the nations to come and worship Him, as He did for the Magi from the east. Nothing is impossible for our life-changing King.

Insight: Pray for seekers in closed countries, that God would reveal himself to them clearly in order that they may bow the knee to him.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 26 Dec 2019, 1:06 am

Life on the Fringes

"An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and they were terrified. But the angel said to them, Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people." Luke 2:9-10

Scripture Focus: Luke 2

Do you feel like your life is boring? That other people's jobs, family life, or influence are more meaningful than yours? Have you started to believe that God cares less about you than He does other people? This text will encourage you today. God, in His wisdom, did not choose to reveal the news of Jesus' birth to the privileged. 

He went first to average, ordinary fellows. He selected a handful of rugged shepherds to receive the great Christmas message. What a gift to these simple men, living on the fringes of society. Notice that the encounter moved them from fear to boldness as they saw Jesus and recognized who He was: "When they had seen him, they spread the word concerning what had been told them about this child, and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds said to them" (vs. 17-18). They went from the fringes to the center of the story of redemption. 

When we encounter the glory of the Lord, we are forever changed to be influencers, visibly used by God to bless others, regardless of our circumstances.

Insight: Pray for the faith to see how God might be using you, even in the areas in which you feel weak, vulnerable, or on the fringes.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 24 Dec 2019, 7:33 pm

1(UPDATE)! A friend's Mom needs prayer ASAP!
Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:31 pm (PST) . Posted by:"Michael Inman" n0klu
Update: Both my mother and mother in law are back home and doing well thanks one and all for your prayers and intercessions

Date: December 24, 2019 at 12:35 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Mary's Song

Mary's Song

"And Mary said: My soul glorifies the Lord and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior, for he has been mindful of the humble state of his servant. From now on all generations will call me blessed." Luke 1:46-48

Scripture Focus: Luke 1

Mary, a Jewish teenager, pregnant out of wedlock, has just received confirmation that the child within her is the Messiah. She understands that she is at the crossroads of redemptive history, juxtaposing the generations from Abraham up until herself and the generations following her. "From now on," She understands that the promise given to Abraham was being fulfilled through the baby in her womb, sealing the eternal nature of the promise.

She exhibits both a deep humility and a great confidence in God and His purposes. She realizes her fame has nothing to do with who she is, in and of herself. The glory is that God has chosen to use her at this crossroads. If you have ever felt small but have seen how God used you to bless others at a significant intersection in your life, you can relate a bit to how Mary felt when she wrote this song. Sometimes God shows us His plan quite clearly..

Sometimes it remains a mystery. But either way, He uses humble servants who trust in His mercy and His mighty arm to do His work.

Insight: "So, I ask thee for the daily strength, to none that ask denied,/ content to fill a little space, if thou be glorified." (Anna Letitia Waring, 1850)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 23 Dec 2019, 6:24 pm

Date: December 22, 2019 at 11:14 PM
Topic: +DEV+ A Strange Pregnancy

A Strange Pregnancy

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made,. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth." Psalm 139: 14-15

Scripture Focus: Psalm 139

let's look at this miracle reminiscent of the impossible promise to Abraham through Jesus' perspective instead of Mary's. Try to think of the developing baby in the womb, conceived through the Holy Spirit. The author of creation subjected Himself to the process of creation. I love to watch clips of babies growing through the stages of life.

At four weeks, the embryo is the size of a poppy seed; at eight weeks it's the size of a kidney bean. The infinite God of the universe-immutable and all-powerful-became tiny, vulnerable, dependent, and hidden inside a woman's womb. He left His heavenly home to find His home in utero. A kidney bean-sized God? Mind boggling! The virgin birth, a mystery we struggle to understand, is the key to our redemption. Only Someone who was both man and God could accomplish the redemption we needed. This is our Jesus whose power is unlimited, humility infinite, and love unconditional.

He could not have come any closer, humbled Himself any more, or done anything more loving than this.

Insight: Praise Jesus for entering the in-between of a developing baby to accomplish the Goal of redemption from which you benefit today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 18 Dec 2019, 11:26 pm

Date: December 18, 2019 at 2:08 AM
Topic: +DEV+ No Regrets

No Regrets

"I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day. What you heard from me, keep, with faith and love in Christ Jesus." 2 Timothy 1:12-13

Scripture Focus: 2 Timothy 1

However far along you are in years on this old earth, hopefully you can say, "I have no regrets." Paul writes to his dear friend Timothy that he is not ashamed and has no regrets about how life has gone for him. Would you be able to say that you have no regrets? Paul couldn't be more sure and certain of the One he trusted the One of whom he was absolutely unashamed right to the end.

Am I as positively sure of Jesus as Paul was? If I am rooted in Christ alone, I am. But if I think my surety comes from Christ and my good works, I am in trouble. My side of the equation will never be enough. For each one of us, our focus blurs when we don't keep our eyes on Him. When we begin looking around and comparing ourselves to others, our faith in God and our love for others shrink. That outlook is certain to cause regrets.

Turn your focus back onto the One who takes care of what He's trusted you to do right to the end. When our desire is to please Jesus with our whole heart, soul, mind, and strength, He takes care of the rest.

Insight: How can there be no regrets? By acknowledging that Christ is the One working through you, and by putting all your faith in Him.

Michael D. Inman

https://www1.cbn.com/kenneth-copeland-and-future-america

Kenneth Copeland and the Future of America

AMERICA IN 2020
At KCM’s Victory Campaign in November, 2019, Pastor Copeland spoke of what he sees ahead for America next year: 

“Those politicians who refuse My call to unite and become the United States of America, and not just ‘America,’ those politicians who refuse to listen, those politicians who continue the pathway of hate, I will remove them from their place, and I will remove their influence from the record books. I will remove them from their place. I will remove their influence from the record books. I will remove their candle in their families. I will remove them from office and put somebody in there who will.”

“The LORD is revealing new visions this coming year that will be absolutely stunning. They will include insights, ideas and concepts that have never been heard of before. Joel 2:28-29 (and Acts 2:16-18) tells us, “It shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: and also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my Spirit. 2020 will be a year of great change. Wonderful and magnificent changes in the kingdom of God in the earth. Changes that will come because of insights, ideas and concepts directly from Jesus to His Church by His mighty Spirit. Glorious concepts of how His laws work; the laws governing increase and financial prosperity; the laws of the Spirit that release miracles and divine healings and manifestations of His Almighty power on the earth. New concepts of His love; His very person; for He is love. Insights into the true power and strength of His joy.”

“It will be days of political change, great victories and great defeats. For the spiritual enemies of God and His people shall be crushed—spirits, not flesh and blood. But there are those on both sides of the political divide who refuse to listen to The LORD Advocate General of the Church. Their dreams shall be dashed, their desires shall be wounded, and they will be removed from their offices and replaced, some by the ballot, some by tragedy, and some who in despair will quit and go do something else. ‘This is My country,’ saith The LORD Jesus.’ It was founded by people who love Me for the sole purpose of their love and desire to worship Me and to worship the Almighty God, and I will never forget that.’ Change. ‘2020—the year of change and manifested power,’ saith The LORD.”

THE PRAYER OF FAITH
Kenneth Copeland is known for his teachings on miraculous things that happen when we pray through faith. He says believes in the God of Exodus 34:10, who said, “Behold, I make a covenant: before all thy people I will do marvels, such as have not been done in all the earth, nor in any nation: and all the people among which thou art shall see the work of the LORD: for it is a terrible thing that I will do with thee.” Pastor Copeland says if we believe in faith, we should expect the personal presence of God, along with miraculous healings and miracles.

He also believes America is about to witness a great revival.  He recently said, “I am totally convinced that this is a time of the Holy Spirit outpouring like we’ve never seen. We’re in the midst of the greatest thing that has believe the U.S. will ride the crest of this wave of manifestation of the Holy Spirit all the way to, and including the rebirth of this nation to where it will be known again as the nation that preaches the gospel to the world.”

LONG-LASTING LEGACY
Kenneth Copeland is known around the world for his Christian ministry. He’s an author, a speaker, a television minister, and also a recording artist and a pilot. One of his biggest desires is to see people live successful lives through Christ.

More than forty-five years ago, the Lord told Kenneth Copeland to preach the uncompromised Word of God on every available voice, proclaiming the truth of God’s Word and His unconditional love. He founded Kenneth Copeland Ministries in 1967. In 1973, they began printing “Believer’s Voice of Victory,” a weekly magazine with Christian articles. In 1979, Kenneth and his wife, Gloria, began broadcasting  “Believer’s Voice of Victory” television show.  Since then, the couple has established a ministry that serves in many facets, including a school of healing, prison ministry, conferences, books, audio and video teachings.  

Over the years, Kenneth and Gloria have produced Bible-based teaching articles about faith, love, healing, prosperity, redemption, righteousness, the anointing and the principles of victorious Christian living.  KCM has gone around the globe just to bring the good news that Jesus Is Lord, no matter where you are.  It continues to be their privilege to preach the good news of Jesus Christ around the world on every available voice – from the weekday and Sunday Believer’s Voice of Victory broadcast to conventions and Victory Campaigns, to the Believer’s Voice of Victory magazine, to the internet.  Today, the ministry has international offices in Canada, Europe, Australia, Africa, Asia, Colombia, Costa Rica, and the Ukraine. The ministry broadcasts on over 600 stations daily and is also available through pre-recorded Internet webcasts at www.kcm.org.

The mission of KCM and Eagle Mountain International Church is to teach Christians worldwide who they are in Christ Jesus and how to live a victorious life in their covenant rights and privileges.  They are called to lead people to the place where they operate proficiently; to build an army of mature believers, bringing them from milk to meat, from religion to reality. 

Kenneth Copeland Ministries was birthed out of “love for the people and a commitment to bring people the Word," states Copeland. "Our lives are totally wrapped up in ministering to the people. When we say, ‘We're here for you,’ we mean it to this point—everything we do, everything we preach, every broadcast we come on, everywhere we minister, everything we say and do is prayed, engineered, designed to minister to the people.  God called us to take His message of love and faith to the whole world. We care about you and we want to help you find the answers you need in God's Word.”

Copeland looks forward to many more years of ministry. “People say, ‘Kenneth Copeland, when are you going to quit?’” he says. I don’t have time to quit. Oh how Satan would like for me and Pat [Robertson] to quit. You have to press and take advantage of 2 Corinthians 10:5, the weapons of our warfare are mighty. And those of us who have been in the ministry for 40, 50 years have to do this and have to continually cast that imagination down.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 17 Dec 2019, 10:57 pm

Date: December 17, 2019 at 1:18 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Some Were Persuaded
Some Were Persuaded

"From morning till evening he explained and declared to them the kingdom of God and tried to convince them about Jesus, Some were convinced by what he said, but others would not believe."  Acts 28:23b-24

Scripture Focus:  Acts 28

The Apostle Paul was exuberant. From sunup to sundown, he taught about Jesus and His kingdom. His faith life in Jesus overflowed to others around him. Even to the closing years of his life and while he was under guard in Rome, Paul could not keep quiet. He knew that it was "because of the hope of Israel" that he was "bound with this chain" (vs. 20), yet "boldly and without hindrance he preached the kingdom of God and taught about the Lord Jesus Christ" (vs. 31). 

But did you notice that no matter how Paul tried to persuade people concerning the truth from the Scriptures, only some were persuaded? It is the Holy Spirit alone who moves in hearts. The word could be spoken by someone as impassioned as Paul or by the most famous of theologians or by a child's simple pleadings. 

But in all situations, some will be persuaded, and others will not. Trust in God's promise written in 2 Peter 3:9: "The Lord, is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance." Be persuaded by His lovingkindness.

Insight: Remember that even when you possess a passion for evangelizing, as you share the Good News of Jesus Christ, some will believe and others will not.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 16 Dec 2019, 7:04 pm

Date: December 16, 2019 at 1:09 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Make It Through

Make It Through

"I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:12-13

Scripture Focus: Philippians 4

How do we keep on facing life? In this fallen world we seem to be always coming into a problem, currently dealing with a problem, or just going out of a problem. Will there ever be a day when we've made it through? The Apostle Paul says it is only in Christ who makes us what we are that we can make it through.

In utter dependence on Jesus, we have the strength to handle not just some things, but any and everything! The One who goes before us is our life. I love how Eugene Peterson puts our Philippians 4 passage in The Message: "I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am." Have you known someone who faced a horrible tragedy and held on tightly to the Lord through it all? You think, How do people ever get through this sort of thing without the Lord?

Because Jesus made it through death and hell for you, rest assured that you will make it through the big and small problems of your life.

Insight: One day all who believe in Jesus will come out victoriously on the other side because of the One who has made us what we are.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 13 Dec 2019, 10:34 pm

Date: December 13, 2019 at 12:50 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Grab the Chance

Grab the Chance

"Then Philip, heard the man reading Isaiah the prophet. Do you understand what you are reading? Philip asked. How can I, he said, unless someone explains it to me? Then Philip, told him the good news about Jesus." Acts 8: 30-31, 35

Scripture Focus: Acts 8

Philip grabbed his chance. He obeyed the angel's voice (vs. 26) and didn't ask a multitude of questions first. He just obeyed. In that obedience, God had a purpose for him. Notice a couple of things. First, Philip was spiritually ready. He had been with Jesus through the years of His earthly ministry, learning and growing along the way. And now, like the other disciples, he was taking the Great Commission seriously (Matthew 28:20).

He recognized the Isaiah passage being read by the man sitting in his chariot. Also, God brought along a hungry heart at just the right time and in just the right place while Philip was on hand. Furthermore, Philip was excited to teach someone-even a complete stranger-all about Jesus. How many times have you missed an opportunity to share Jesus with someone? Are you spiritually ready for the occasion the Lord has prepared for you?

God's appointed time will match up with your readied heart. Grab the chance to share the good news of Jesus Christ, knowing that He has already gone before you.

Insight: Grab every chance you have to share Jesus with others, remembering that He let go of His grasp on heaven to come to earth for you!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 13 Dec 2019, 12:33 am

Date: December 12, 2019 at 12:57 AM
Topic: +DEV+ They Recognized Him

They Recognized Him

"He explained to them what was in all the Scriptures concerning himself. , At the table with them, he took bread, gave thanks, broke it and began to give it to them. Then their eyes were opened and they recognized him." Luke 24:30-31

Scripture Focus: Luke 24

In the account of the two friends on the road to Emmaus, we get a glimpse of what it was like to be with Jesus. Even though they didn't at first realize it, Jesus was there, right in the midst of their disappointment. He showed up in the flesh! And when He saw their long faces, He asked, "What's going on?" They answered, "You don't know? You must not be from Jerusalem! Jesus of Nazareth, the one we hung all our hopes on, is dead."

Can you imagine taking a seven-mile walk with the risen Jesus while He explains the Bible to you from Moses on? No class you could take or Bible study book you could read would compare to being taught by Jesus Himself.

The two friends must have listened intently, feeling their very hearts burning as He talked (vs. 32). Jesus is still revealing Himself in ways you too can understand. He knows you intimately. He speaks the words that give life until it seems that suddenly a light is turned on and a veil is removed. You want to learn more. You get it! You recognize Him! It's Jesus!

Insight: The Word of God will not return void. That's a promise. We are radically changed, and His Word is now life in us!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 12 Dec 2019, 12:48 am

Remember Me

"This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me. ,This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me."   1 Corinthians 11:24-25

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 11

There was Jesus on the night of His betrayal, having an intimate gathering with His closest companions on earth. He was preparing their hearts to always remember the cross. Don't forget-it's always about the cross. He would be physically leaving His friends, but He showed them how He'd be continually remembered by His sacrifice of a broken body and the shed blood. For them. For you. For me. 

Therefore, Jesus tenderly walked them through this Last Supper, teaching them to always remember. Do we really remember? Have your joyous Easter celebrations from only two weeks ago faded into the past? On a communion Sunday at church, do you casually, mechanically take the bread and cup? Without the death of Jesus, we have no hope of salvation. How can we not remember? The items Jesus used were ordinary and simple: a cup of wine, a morsel of bread. 

May we never let that simplicity drive us into complacency. Jesus stepped out of eternity and into our world for one thing: to seek and to save that which was lost, including you and me!

Insight: Oh Jesus, forgive my indifference, my nonchalance, my apathy. It cost you death to give me life now and forever.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 11:01 am

Date: December 10, 2019 at 1:20 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Jumping Out of the Boat

Jumping Out of the Boat

"When the disciples saw him walking on the lake, they were terrified. It's a ghost, they said, and cried out in fear ,Then Peter got down out of the boat, walked on the water and came toward Jesus." Matthew 14:26, 29

Scripture Focus: Matthew 14

Imagine you're in a boat that's being battered by a storm. It's 4:00 in the morning, and you're a long way from shore. You're drenched, discouraged, and feeling a bit seasick. Suddenly, in the distance, a figure appears. Utter fear takes over! But then imagine Jesus' calm, reassuring voice cutting through the wind and waves. "It is I. Don't be afraid."

Could there ever be more comforting, welcoming words? These are the words that mean rescue from peril. Peter was bold, but he still needed assurance. "Lord, if it's really you, tell me to come to you on the water." As Jesus defied the principles of gravity that He originally put in place, He responded to Peter, "Come." Though it made no logical sense (a human can't walk on water!), Peter placed all his trust in the One that could save him, the Water Walker, Jesus. "Jumping out of the boat" is not easy. Keep your eyes on Jesus and off of the tumult around you lest you begin to sink and drown.

But even then, His strong hand reaches out to take hold of you and pull you up.

Insight: "I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." (Isaiah 41:10b)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 10 Dec 2019, 11:00 am

Date: December 9, 2019 at 1:16 AM
Topic: +DEV+ "If You Say So…”

"If You Say So…”

"They, commanded them not to speak, in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John replied, Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God's sight to obey you rather than God. For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard." Acts 4:19-20

Scripture Focus: Acts 4

Peter and John were in a predicament. They'd been thrown in jail for proclaiming the name of Jesus in teaching and in healing. It was a momentous time for them, and God was already on the scene and at the ready! After witnessing a complete healing (vs. 8-10), the rulers and leaders of the Sanhedrin-seeing the once-crippled beggar now whole and healed- told Peter and John never to speak or teach in the name of Jesus again.

That didn't sit well with these disciples. Peter and John were experiencing the power and working of the Holy Spirit, so they absolutely could not and would not keep quiet. How could they? Mere men could never thwart what God had done. So Peter and John were confident. They were two laymen with no formal education or training in Scripture, but they were companions of Jesus. That's why I can't keep quiet either!

I've seen the working of the Holy Spirit personally in my life. I live before an audience of One. What can mere mortals do to any of us? Testify to His name and power until you see Him face to face.

Insight: If you are a companion of Jesus, spend time with Him every day. He is all you will ever need.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 09 Dec 2019, 8:53 pm

Date: December 9, 2019 at 1:16 AM

Topic: +DEV+  "If You Say So…”

"If You Say So…”

"They, commanded them not to speak, in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John replied, Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God's sight to obey you rather than God. For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard."   Acts 4:19-20

Peter and John were in a predicament. They'd been thrown in jail for proclaiming the name of Jesus in teaching and in healing. It was a momentous time for them, and God was already on the scene and at the ready! After witnessing a complete healing (vs. 8-10), the rulers and leaders of the Sanhedrin-seeing the once-crippled beggar now whole and healed- told Peter and John never to speak or teach in the name of Jesus again. 

That didn't sit well with these disciples. Peter and John were experiencing the power and working of the Holy Spirit, so they absolutely could not and would not keep quiet. How could they? Mere men could never thwart what God had done. So Peter and John were confident. They were two laymen with no formal education or training in Scripture, but they were companions of Jesus. That's why I can't keep quiet either! 

I've seen the working of the Holy Spirit personally in my life. I live before an audience of One. What can mere mortals do to any of us? Testify to His name and power until you see Him face to face.

Insight: If you are a companion of Jesus, spend time with Him every day. He is all you will ever need.
If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray 

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 06 Dec 2019, 9:54 pm

Date: December 6, 2019 at 1:39 AM
Topic: +DEV+ We Can't Keep Quiet

We Can't Keep Quiet

"They, commanded them not to speak, in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John replied, Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God's sight to obey you rather than God. For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard." Acts 4:19-20

That didn't sit well with these disciples. Peter and John were experiencing the power and working of the Holy Spirit, so they absolutely could not and would not keep quiet. How could they? Mere men could never thwart what God had done. So Peter and John were confident. They were two laymen with no formal education or training in Scripture, but they were companions of Jesus. That's why I can't keep quiet either! I've seen the working of the Holy Spirit personally in my life.

I live before an audience of One. What can mere mortals do to any of us? Testify to His name and power until you see Him face to face.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 04 Dec 2019, 6:06 pm

Date: December 4, 2019 at 1:07 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Just a Touch of the Hand

Just a Touch of the Hand

"When Jesus came into Peter's house, he saw Peter's mother-in-law lying in bed with a fever. He touched her hand and the fever left her, and she got up and began to wait on him." Matthew 8:14-15

Scripture Focus: Matthew 8

Jesus was in high demand. Everyone wanted a piece of Him. The sick, demon-possessed, blind, deaf, and paralyzed were brought to wherever Jesus was. If they could just get a touch of His garment, they'd be made whole. They didn't all necessarily want what Jesus had to offer-eternal life-but they certainly were interested in a free cure.

Then Jesus stepped into His friend Peter's house, and there a healing was needed, too. Peter's mother-in-law was down with a fever. An easy enough thing for us to remedy today, but who knows how serious it was then? With only Jesus' touch to her hand, the fever flew out the door. That's all He had to do: touch her hand!

Often we get caught up in the urgent needs of our lives. We want a healing, and we want it now. Sometimes, like the crowds following Jesus, we aren't even interested in knowing Him; we only want what He can do for us. Do you know He is the Healer? Have you been with Him? Let Him touch your heart so that the deepest healing you need-cleansing from your sin-is done and complete.

Insight: Ask the Lord to work deeply on your heart, not just on your body.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 02 Dec 2019, 6:50 pm

Date: December 2, 2019 at 12:43 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Eating Our Fill

Eating Our Fill

"Why are you talking about having no bread? Do you still not see or understand? Are your hearts hardened? Do you have eyes but fail to see, and ears but fail to hear? And don't you remember?" Mark 8:18

Scripture Focus: Mark 8

Jesus' famous miracle of feeding 5,000 families with five loaves and two fish is the only miracle that all four gospel books record. A second miraculous feeding, 4,000 families with seven loaves and a few small fish, is also recorded in two gospels. Why are these two miracles given such prominence?

Both episodes show us a God of plenty who feeds the hungry. We get to see the compassion of God in Jesus' concern for the hungry crowd. The disciples would have sent the people away to fend for themselves, but Jesus wouldn't hear of it. We also see the generosity of God in the huge amounts of leftover food. This wasn't a dainty lunch! He fed them until they had to push back and say, "Enough! I can't eat another bite!"

We need these lessons to be pounded into our hearts. Like the disciples, we fret about things that God has already promised to take care of. Like them, we forget what He has recently done for us. Our forgetful fretting distracts us from His bounty and sidetracks us from praising Him for it.

Insight: Jesus wants us to see, hear, taste, and remember God's plenty. And then to eat our fill!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 28 Nov 2019, 10:29 pm

Date: November 28, 2019 at 1:15 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Facing Hunger

Facing Hunger
"I know what it is to be in need, and, to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."   Philippians 4:12b
Scripture Focus:  Philippians 4

It's tough to remain content in a world where hunger and plenty alternate without warning. Our satisfaction often rides the roller coaster of our circumstances. Gaining one thing on our want list only seems to yield more wants! What is the secret of contentment Paul speaks of? Actually, Paul learned it from Jesus. 
Jesus learned the secret of contentment one day at a time. He studied creation and observed that His Father fed the birds and clothed the lilies. From that bit of wisdom, He taught us, "Look at the birds of the air." He is the wise man we can turn to when we're struggling. He will give us wisdom. Jesus also gained the strength to be content one day at a time. For example, in the wilderness He suffered want and was surely tempted to be discontent, just as we are. 

But when Satan taunted Him with an offer of bread, Jesus resisted the devil and won. Each time He did that, He earned the strength that He would give to Paul and to us. Jesus faced hunger so that our lives might be filled to overflowing with Him.

Insight: "I can do all this through him who gives me strength." (Philippians 4:13)

Michael D. Inman

Date: March 28, 2018 at 1:15 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Surrounded by Love

Surrounded by Love
"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?"   Romans 8:35a

Scripture Focus:  Romans 8

The child had begun to steal small change from his mother's dresser drawer. He knew she kept her money there because once she had sent him to fetch what she owed the babysitter. But now it had become a snare. Torn between guilt and greed, mostly he was terrified that she would find out. That day did indeed come. "Has anyone taken money from my dresser?" she asked at dinner. 

The truth came out, and consequences followed. I've ruined everything! How can they trust me now? How can they still love me? We can all relate to this young child. Our sin makes us wonder how God can still love us. How can we be satisfied by His love when we feel like we're on probation? 

In today's reading Paul assures us not only that God loves us, but that we are surrounded by the love of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The Father loved us while we were still sinners. The Spirit pours out that love into our hearts. And nothing can separate us from the love of Christ. Nothing! Neither sin nor suffering can break the grip of our Triune God.

Insight: Be satisfied today in the unbreakable embrace of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

Michael D. Inman

Date: November 28, 2019 at 12:18 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Surrender to God
Surrender to God
"Praise the LORD ,for he knows how we are formed, he Remembers that we are dust."  Psalm 103:1, 14
Scripture Focus: Psalm 103
Though thoughts of Thanksgiving are around us, sometimes we can't help reflecting on all that could have been, on all that we should and could have done. We look at our lives and try to measure if we have been successes or failures. We use worldly, perhaps materialistic ways to gauge this, and we see that we fall short.

Then we hear David speaking to the Lord. We hear him say what we humbly need to accept: that our Lord knows everything there is to know about us, since He formed us from dust, and to dust shall we return. Shouldn't we then rejoice at this very moment and praise God for making us a minuscule part of His gigantic plan of creation and redemption? Shouldn't we, on bended knees, thank God for who He is and what He has done with our lives? 

Shouldn't we seize the day, and live it to praise and glorify Him? It is time to surrender all our failure, all our sadness, all our anxiety, and all our worries at the feet of our Lord. It is time to proclaim with everything in us, "Thank you, and I love you, Lord." [Sunil, Kolkata, West Bengal, India; first year student]

Insight: "To know that God knows everything about me and yet loves me is indeed my ultimate consolation." (R. C. Sproul)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 26 Nov 2019, 11:24 pm

Date: November 26, 2019 at 1:28 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Tasting His Goodness

Tasting His Goodness

",now that you have tasted that the Lord is good." 1 Peter 2:3

Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 2

Have you recently tasted that the Lord is good? Or is your appetite for His goodness growing dull? God uses our repeated battles with sinful cravings to help us taste His saving grace again and again. That's why Peter ends his thought about putting away sin and restoring newborn appetite with today's short verse.

God's pattern is to turn our sin into an opportunity for us to experience that truth again. God also uses our suffering to keep the goodness of His grace fresh. There can be comfort in our suffering when we know that God is sovereign over it. Peter quotes David's words from Psalm 34:8, a psalm which tells the story of David's desperation-when he actually pretended to be crazy in the court of the Philistine king so they wouldn't kill him. David's gratitude for that deliverance was so great it produced a Hebrew A-B-C account of God's grace.

God wants His grace to be a familiar flavor in our lives. That's why He won't let the gospel become theoretical, but uses both sin and suffering to help us taste His goodness.

Insight: "Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him." (Psalm 34:8)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 26 Nov 2019, 12:43 am

Date: November 25, 2019 at 1:40 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Changed by the Gospel

Changed by the Gospel

"Therefore, my dear friends, flee from idolatry." 1 Corinthians 10:14

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 10

Don't think about doughnuts. Now that I've planted that idea in your head, you might end up eating one before the day is over! The word doughnut awakens the taste, and the taste awakens the hunger, and the hunger drives us to eat, even to eat things we know are not good for us.

The fact of the matter is we feed on what we love. What's true of our stomachs is also true of our hearts. How, then, can we change? Will it work if we just keep telling ourselves that something isn't good for us? No. When our cravings lead us astray, the best way to change is by substituting something we love more. In today's passage Paul urges the Corinthians- and us-to flee idolatry.

But where should we go instead? To Jesus. We flee to Him when we get a new glimpse of Him in the Scriptures. We flee to Him when we cry out for help and experience His deliverance. We flee to Him when we ask forgiveness and taste His grace. The gospel changes all of us by helping us see, hear, taste, and experience Jesus, the most beautiful One, again and again.

Insight: When we feed on the love of Christ, He makes our idols taste like dust.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sun 24 Nov 2019, 11:22 pm

Date: November 19, 2019 at 1:27 AM
Topic: +DEV+ We Failed; Jesus Passed

We Failed; Jesus Passed

"He humbled you, causing you to hunger and then feeding you with manna, ,to teach you that man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD." Deuteronomy 8:3

Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 8

Hunger brings out the worst in us. I'm sure you've seen it in small children. When I'm hungry, I might snap at my wife or friends, complain about the lack of food in our house, or lunge for the last doughnut before anyone else can claim it. "Hangry" is today's slang for it, where appetite meets anger.

God uses hunger to test us in the wilderness. Will our empty stomachs cause us to cry out to God, or will we shake our fist at Him and accuse Him of not loving us? Will our empty souls drive us to Jesus, or will we run around the desert of this world, filling up on its idols? Time after time we fail the test, behaving badly, snatching for this, and complaining about that. How will we ever prevail? We won't, but Jesus did. As the second Adam, Jesus came to pass the test that Adam-and all of us since Adam-failed.

The devil taunted Him with bread and offered Him kingdoms. But Jesus lived by every word from the mouth of God and defeated Satan completely. In the wilderness, Jesus is not just our example; He is our Victor.

Insight: Adam failed God's test in the garden, but Jesus passed it in the wilderness. Praise God for our hero and help!

Michael D. Inman

Date: November 20, 2019 at 1:18 AM
Topic: +DEV+ God in Our Wilderness

God in Our Wilderness

"About the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? -which means, My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46

Scripture Focus: Matthew 27

One of the hardest things about being in the wilderness is that we often feel so alone there. It isolates us, even when we may be in a room full of people. The simple greeting of "How are you?" becomes hard to answer.

God can feel far away as we wait for Him to answer our many prayers. But God is not distant. When Jesus took on our flesh and endured the wilderness for us, He brought God near in the wilderness. God the Father hears our prayers because God the Son is at His right hand interceding for us, with all the sympathy and faithfulness of a human priest. As well, God the Spirit lives in us, hearing our sighs, groaning as we groan, and pouring God's love into our hearts.

The Triune God is with us in the wilderness. There is one part of Jesus' wilderness that we didn't share. When Jesus became sin for us at the cross, God withdrew His fatherly presence and poured out His judgment on our willing substitute. Jesus was forsaken that day so that you and I will not be forsaken today and will be with Him eternally one day.

Insight: God abandoned His Son in that wilderness so that He could be "God with us" in our wilderness.

Michael D. Inman

Date: November 21, 2019 at 2:03 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Spiritual Junk Food

Spiritual Junk Food

"In the desert they gave in to their craving; in the wasteland they put God to the test." Psalm 106:14

Scripture Focus: Psalm 106

Have you ever opened a bag of chips while you were making dinner and ended up eating them and spoiling your appetite? Spiritual junk food plays the same role in our lives, filling without satisfying. It's a poor substitute for what is good. Cravings get the best of us more often than we'd like to admit.

What do you tend to feed on when you're bored? There's nothing like a compliment to make us feel alive again. How about when you're angry? Anger loves to feed on itself, leading to endless mental arguments with our adversary, which we think we win, of course, every time. In the wilderness, God puts us to the test, but in our cravings, we put God to the test. We ask, "What are you going to do for me this time?" Israel craved meat in the wilderness.

It wasn't their hunger for meat, but their rejection of manna and their lust for Egypt that provoked God's anger. Our cravings tempt us to reject God, too. Such temptation is common, but temptation is not yet sin. Flee to Christ as soon as you crave something other than Him.

Insight: The One who was tempted in every way we are, but without sin, will help us by His Spirit in every temptation.

Michael D. Inman

Date: November 22, 2019 at 1:18 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Why Do I Still Crave?

Why Do I Still Crave?

"And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it." 1 Corinthians 10:13

Scripture Focus: 1 Corinthians 10

Why do I still crave junk when I know better? The short answer is because junk is what I love most at that moment. I feed on what I love. My appetite reveals my idolatry, temptation #1 for every person on this planet. Paul warns us in 1 Corinthians 10 about this common temptation by reviewing Israel's past in the wilderness. Before you dismiss that as ancient history, look again at today's reading.

Paul picks up on this scene from Israel's history to show us how vulnerable we are to the same temptations, no matter if we have been life-long Christ followers or not. The troubles and sins of Israel in the wilderness were recorded as an example to us. But we read about it for more than just advice to avoid their mistakes. They lived in the time of promise. We live in the time of fulfillment. Jesus has come and borne our sin away. He has risen and given us life. He has ascended and sent His Spirit.

We are equipped to do battle with our cravings in a way that Israel was not. The light has dawned, so walk in the Spirit.

Insight: God is faithful to provide a way out of temptation through His Son and His Spirit.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 18 Nov 2019, 11:08 pm

Wilderness Hunger

"Then the LORD said to Moses, I will rain down bread from heaven for you."  Exodus 16:4a

Scripture Focus:  Exodus 16

"What's for dinner?" the kids asked their mom. "Poison!" she retorted. Sarcasm surfaced because if she had said "meatloaf " or "chicken," the kids would grouse. She was tired of their complaining and wanted them to know it! But when dinner rolled around, of course she fed them a healthy, tasty meal. That's grace. 

In today's passage God leads His people from the oasis to the wilderness. It's barren out there, and they're growing hungrier by the minute. Do they recall the miracle of the Passover? The parting of the Red Sea? The bitter water made sweet? Do they think if God could do those things, then this problem is simple? Do they cry out to Him and ask for food? No. Like us, they are at their worst when they're hungry. They lash out at Moses and Aaron, accusing them of genocide. 

Behind their accusation is the true poison, the serpent's lie: God isn't good; He's holding back on you. How will God handle His rebel children? Will He rain down judgment on them? No, He rains down bread from heaven. That's grace!

Insight: The grace of the wilderness was purchased at the cross of Christ.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 15 Nov 2019, 11:33 pm

Date: November 15, 2019 at 12:32 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Come as You Are

Come as You Are

"Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost." Isaiah 55:1

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 55

We had been packing to move when friends called. "We're coming over, and we're bringing dinner. Don't worry about how you look or how the house looks. And don't even think about paying for the food!" Come! Drop everything and come as you are. Hungry? There's food. No money? Don't worry, it's on me.

This is the free offer of the gospel that was trumpeted by Isaiah. It's the world's greatest news, that God has done all the work so that we can come home to Him. It's an invitation to His feast, and He won't take "no" for an answer. It's also a daily offer to come and be fed by the finished work of Christ. Then why don't we drop everything and come running? Maybe because we know our lives are a mess and we want to clean up a bit first. Or possibly because it sounds too good to be true. Or could it be that we think we're just too busy to add one more thing to our list?

We are reluctant guests, every one of us. But He is the persistent host saying, "Come, come, come!" Come hungry and empty. Sit, eat, and be filled.

Insight: "Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?" (Isaiah 55:2a)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: