World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» UN halve estmate women and children killed Gaza
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:54 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:26 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:04 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 9:33 pm by Admin

» Question for you to CONSIDER
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 9:19 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 9:15 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 9:11 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 8:59 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 6:36 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 6:09 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 5:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 5:56 pm by Admin

» israelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 5:25 pm by Admin

» Mother of Slain Hostage Is Spreading Love Amidst Grief
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 4:33 pm by Admin

» Pro P.A.Encampment Dublin University
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:52 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:45 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:17 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptySun 12 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 EmptySun 12 May 2024, 5:32 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 6 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Tue 11 Aug 2020, 9:12 pm

Date: August 11, 2020 at 1:20 AM CDT

Topic: +DV+  Faithful Provider

Faithful Provider

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear."   

Scripture Focus: Luke 12:22

Jesus' words call us to recognize that life is about more than the basic necessities. His beautiful word pictures in the text about the birds of the air making no provision for their needs but being fed by God, and the lilies and grasses growing without self-effort are reminders of His care. Presently, daily provision is not a consuming worry in my life. However, there was a time when it was. I had left the military world to enter ministry, we had two small children and other financial demands. 

When a broken furnace or unexpected car repair popped up, I could plunge into anxiety. But I found what I needed in Paul's words to the Philippians: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (4:6-7). Living in that truth has resulted in seeing God's faithfulness in tangible, practical ways.

Insight: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm
Or contact us at the reply email address

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 10 Aug 2020, 6:18 pm

My ISP’s email server has been down, Sorry for being late on this devotional.
Date: August 10, 2020 at 12:24 PM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Faithfulness Fruit

Faithfulness Fruit

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."   

Scripture Focus: Galatians 5:22-23

Our heavenly Father has demonstrated faithfulness to us and then called us to live in faithfulness. This is not about compulsion of the law. When we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, the result is fruit, evidence of His presence and work in us. Paul wanted the believers at Galatia to understand and experience the freedom Christ purchased for them. He warned them that the goal of Christ-likeness was not obtained by human effort, but by the glorious mystery of the indwelling Christ. 

Even after many years on my journey of faith, I still need this message. I'm one of those people who find acceptance and affirmation by helping, working, and serving. But I have to be watchful when pride and self-righteousness slip into my heart. I need to listen to the Spirit whispering, "What do you have that you have not received?" The fruit that I bear is a testimony to God's faithfulness to me, not a testimony to my usefulness to others. My righteousness is as filthy rags, but I have been born anew and am a new creation in Jesus.

Insight: "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare [his] praises..." (1 Peter 2:9)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 07 Aug 2020, 9:30 pm

Date: August 7, 2020 at 2:41 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Compassions Never Fail

Compassions Never Fail

"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  

Scripture Focus: Lamentations 3:22-23

As the new year unfolded I find myself dealing with regrets of my own over sins and rebellion from the past year. How many times have I wounded others with words or actions? How often have I judged others? What about impure motives or other secret sins? I can become consumed over my failures to live out God's love and truth. But hope is found in the recognition of His love and compassion. 

The book of Lamentations is really an expression of grief over the consequences of the sin and rebellion of the nation of Israel. Despite it all, there are the mercies of God, new each day. As I come to the Lord morning by morning, I find those mercies are available to me. They are there for you, too! Remember that Peter blatantly betrayed and denied Jesus, yet was fully forgiven. After the resurrection he was assured of Jesus' love and acceptance. There is no greater gift than the gift of forgiveness. 

Thanks be to Jesus who loved us and gave Himself for us so that we can be forgiven and walk into this new year in fellowship with Him.

Insight: "If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O LORD, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared." (Psalm 130:3-4)

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Aug 2020, 10:11 pm

Date: August 5, 2020 at 1:51 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  God's Faithfulness

God's Faithfulness
"I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself."   

Scripture Focus: Psalm 89:1-2

The words from that wonderful hymn given to us by Thomas O. Chisholm, "Great Is Thy Faithfulness," declare that God is never-changing. As He has been He will forever be. Faithfulness must be tested and proven over a period of time. In Scripture we have that record of God's faithfulness upon which we can build our lives. Going through the Advent season in our western culture can be a challenge to our faith. 

Often in the flurry of activities and events, the wonder of Jesus becoming flesh and dwelling among us gets lost. Many of us face January recovering from the hurts and disappointments experienced in what was promised to be "the most wonderful time of the year." Keep Christ at the center of your life this year. Remember how much more faithful He is than anything our holiday festivities can offer. Consider making 2019 a year of praying and singing "Great is Thy Faithfulness" as you start each new day. "All I have needed Thy hand has provided/Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord, unto me!" Why would we ever look to another source?

Insight: On this first day of the New Year, let's remember God's faithfulness and move forward to faithfully present Jesus to our world.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 04 Aug 2020, 6:42 pm

Date: August 4, 2020 at 1:08 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  The Gift of Tomorrow

The Gift of Tomorrow

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."  

Scripture Focus: James 4:14
A few times in my life I have had the opportunity to awaken to freshly fallen snow. The little boy in me still enjoys making that first set of footprints in the perfect, white wonderland. It's like a blank canvas I claim to create on however I choose. The New Year is a bit like that. The freshness God gives us as each year rolls around is exciting. What do we want to do differently, better, more of? 

It's as if all the regrets, failures, and griefs of 2019 will be covered in a blanket of pure white so we can start over come tomorrow morning. People around the world will be ringing in the New Year with parties, champagne, and kisses at midnight. Let's bring it in with the acknowledgement that this year belongs to God. Daily let’s equip ourselves to be who He has called us to be. Our time on this earth may vanish in 2020, so let's run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:1-2). Swing open wide the front door and run out into the freshly fallen snow to tread where God takes you.

Insight: Lord, the year ahead is a gift from You. Nothing that happens in it will surprise You. Prepare us to honor You to the fullest! Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 03 Aug 2020, 2:08 pm

Date: August 3, 2020 at 12:00 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Gift of Reflection

Gift of Reflection

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on."   

Scripture Focus: Philippians 3:13

Something feels significant about ending a year and embarking on a new one. It has that feeling of crossing a finish line, of completing a degree, of reaching the top. Yet at the same time we know clearly there are more races to run and more mountains to climb. Reflect back on what this past year has held. Have you been changed and shaped in some way by all that has transpired? Did you tackle the impossible? Did you make a difference at all? Did you give up too soon? When we start to inventory the year, it becomes evident for many of us that we didn't change the world. 

Things may have remained pretty much status quo. There is much we can learn by reflecting on our shortcomings. Our mistakes teach us a lot. God is refining us. What looks like the crumbs or broken remains of our failures is the very stuff God uses. From the beginning of time, He has been making something out of nothing. He will surely do the same with the year that is behind you. Now watch and see what He has in store for the year ahead!

Insight: Father, thank You for another year of serving You. Continue to sharpen me for Your kingdom and Your purpose. Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 30 Jul 2020, 1:03 pm

Date: July 30, 2020 at 2:01 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  The Gift of Plugging In

The Gift of Plugging In

"And I pray that you, may have power, to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."  

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 3:17b-19
Power runs mightily through an extension cord, if it is plugged in. It's of very little use, though, without the power source. When you plug the cord into a power source on one side, power comes out the other side. You might think of our life in Christ in these terms. You and I were created to be plugged into God, our power source. Only when we're plugged into Him do we release purpose and His power into those around us. 

Each day we plug into Him and then pour His power, love, grace, forgiveness, freedom, and encouragement into others. If we don't utilize the source of power God has freely given us, we are wasting His birth, His life, His death, and His resurrection. How can you plug into God more today? Take time to pray, to read His Word, to extend yourself to those around you, and to feel the powerful presence of Jesus coursing through you. That power will make known to you how "wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ" (vs. 18). With that power surging through, you'll light up each day for Jesus.

Insight: Jesus, You are my source of power and of all things good. Let your love flow through me and into the lives of others today. Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Jul 2020, 8:53 pm

Date: July 29, 2020 at 1:54 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Gift of Encouragement

Gift of Encouragement

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."  

Scripture Focus: 1 Thessalonians 5:11

Every day we are given the choice to build people up or tear them down through our words. If, as the dictionary says, encouragement is something "that makes someone more determined, hopeful or confident," why wouldn't I want to do that? Wouldn't I want my loved ones to be more determined, more confident, and more hopeful? We are going to pour something into our families and others each day. The question is, "What will it be?" Will you give words of life and encouragement, and expressions of kindness? Or will you tear down and discourage? 

Unfortunately, both come freely from the same tongue (see James 3:10). We all have influence that may be positive or negative. God calls us to build others up, not tear them down. Paul asked the Philippian people the same question I ask you today: have you experienced any encouragement from being united with Christ? Of course you have! Open up the Bible and read not only encouraging particular passages, but the whole expanse of the Word with the encouraging theme of His love for you and His plan to redeem you.

Insight: Lord, help us be givers of life and safe harbors of peace. Guard and guide our words so that we can encourage others to seek after You. Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Jul 2020, 4:40 pm

Date: July 28, 2020 at 1:45 AM CDT
Topic: +DEV+  Giving Myself

Giving Myself

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."   

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 19:21

It's not easy to do so in a world that constantly competes for my attention, but I want to give God all of me. While I may be pulled in many directions, I come back to the needs of my family and friends. No one can parent my child like I can. No one can love my spouse as well as I do. No one can have exactly the impact for God's kingdom that I have. Did you ever think of that? Giving yourself to God is reflected in how you give yourself to others. 

When we're distracted, frustrated, or angry, it seems we have very little to give to those around us. Our tank is empty. It is precisely then that the second phrase of Proverbs 19:21 brings great comfort. Our plans may be undermined by weakness and sin, but the Lord's purpose prevails. Even when the plans in our hearts falter, God's do not. We have the most wonderful display of His prevailing purposes in the Christmas story. He gave His only Son-His very all-so that we'd forever know His gift beyond measure. 

The Gift came wrapped in swaddling cloths; the Gift came for us.

Insight: God help me to be who You've called me to be. May no opportunity slip through the crevices of this day because I am Yours. Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 27 Jul 2020, 8:42 pm

Date: July 27, 2020 at 12:41 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Leadership Gift
Leadership Gift

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."  
Scripture Focus: Mark 10:45

We are all leaders, in one way or another. Good leaders are well-equipped. What army would want to follow a captain who didn't have his act together? Perhaps God has placed you as a leader over someone. If you are a parent, your followers are your children. If you are a teacher, your followers are your students. If you are an employer, your followers are your workers. As a Christian, your followers could be anyone seeing how you live out your faith. 
Whatever kind of leadership situation you are in, the thing that will speak louder than any number of "habits of highly effective leaders" is something the world wouldn't expect. It's servanthood. When the King of all creation came down to this earth at what we call the first Christmas, He came taking on the form of a servant. My kids watch what I do as a leader in our home-the good things and the bad! But they also watch how I serve them and their father, leading by serving. 

What a gift we have been given, that our Leader came to serve us and to give His life for us.

Insight: Lord, as You give us the gift of leadership, help those following us see You first and foremost. Help us to lead by serving. Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 07 Jul 2020, 4:00 pm

Date: July 7, 2020 at 1:59 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Prerequisite: Suffering

Prerequisite: Suffering

"Praise be to, God, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received."   

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 1:3-4

A widow can understand the challenges of another woman whose husband has recently passed away. Someone who has lost a loved one to a long battle with cancer knows the difficulties of another family facing that terrible disease. Since my stroke, I have seen my wife, who herself has suffered, encourage spouses and caregivers of traumatic brain injury survivors-once after seeing a stroke survivor attempting to walk along the edge of a busy road. 

Throughout our journey of loss, my children also have been a blessing to others experiencing suffering of many kinds. It turns out that often the agonies we have faced are the prerequisites to our helping someone else in their suffering. Have you felt that nothing good could come from your suffering? Have you felt alone in your pit of despair? Paul directs us to the truth that as God helps us through our darkest times, He is uniquely equipping us to help fellow sufferers. 

God is teaching you. Your suffering is the prerequisite you need so that you can minister to others.

Insight: You can trust Him as your education in the school of suffering drags on because Jesus has passed the final test for you!

Michael D. Inman

PASTOR KAREN LESTER
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Jul 2020, 11:55 pm

Date: July 6, 2020 at 2:38 AM CDT
Topic: +DEV+  Growing Through Suffering

Growing Through Suffering

"The King will reply, I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40  

Scripture Focus: Colossians 1:24-29 

My take on Matthew 25:40 turned upside down when I broke my back. Before that day in 1980, I saw the "least of these" as people I could assist in some meaningful way. But my own accident thrust me onto the receiving side of that equation. Daily I am overwhelmed with gratitude for the many people who have eased the unexpected burdens on me and my own family. Much has been done for the King as friends, family, and acquaintances have helped us. 

Paul indicates in Colossians 1:24 that our suffering may be what God is using to build up the church. The body of believers grows as we come alongside those afflicted with illnesses, loneliness, joblessness, loss of a child, financial ruin, addictions, rejection, broken marriages... the list goes on. By helping other believers, God's glory is displayed. When one of us suffers, we all suffer. 

So when we're the ones in the eye of the storm, we can know that our problems are not just about us; they are opportunities to grow and strengthen other believers (the church) for the glory of God.

Insight: “Considered this, that through your suffering God is strengthening someone else in the church?"

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 06 Jul 2020, 11:42 pm

July 6

Today's Reading: Job 32; Acts 14

Today's Thoughts: Follow Me

After these things He went out and saw a tax collector named Levi, sitting at the tax office. And He said to him, "Follow Me." So he left all, rose up, and followed Him. Then Levi gave Him a great feast in his own house. And there were a great number of tax collectors and others who sat down with them. Luke 5:27-29

A tax collector was not an honorable position during Jesus' time. Tax collectors were known for their shrewd and fraudulent ways. This passage says that Jesus went out and saw a tax collector named Levi. Jesus obviously got his attention as He commissioned Levi to follow Him. It is amazing that the passage says that Levi left all, rose up and followed Him. There is a sense that Levi had immediate action with little thought. He seemed to abandon all for the call of Christ. Think of what it took to go from a tax collector with a negative reputation, to a disciple of Jesus Christ. Questions come to mind such as, "How did Levi do that? Did he just quit his job, sell his house or what? Where did He follow Jesus to?"  Levi's next steps are right there in the next verse. Verse 29 says that Levi followed Jesus to "his own house." Levi brought Jesus to his own home, so, Levi followed Jesus back home.

The first step to being Jesus' disciple is by becoming His follower at home. Not only does Jesus meet us right where we are, but also Jesus becomes part of where we are. When we come to know Him and follow Him, Jesus leads us back to our own homes. Home is our training ground. It is in our homes that we first speak out about Jesus, so the change in our lives needs to become evident at home first. 

Jesus saw Levi and Jesus sees you. Jesus called Levi and Jesus is calling you. Are you willing to answer His call? Are you following Jesus in your home? Levi gave Jesus a great feast. There was preparation and planning for this party as he made a public profession that he was following Jesus' ways, starting immediately. For you today, it may be that you stop watching certain shows or stop saying certain words. It also will mean that you start sharing your faith with your family.  Levi is an example of someone with the kind of commitment it takes to follow Jesus. Levi became one of the twelve apostles whose name was changed to Matthew. He was the man who wrote the Book of Matthew, leading many others to follow Christ just like he did.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.

Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 03 Jul 2020, 2:38 pm

Date: July 3, 2020 at 12:37 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Walking Partner

Walking Partner

"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you,. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze." Isaiah 43:2   

Scripture Focus: Daniel 13

I always considered my world and the world my wife and I introduced to our two children to be full of interesting people, places, and things to do. It was an expansive world. But extreme suffering can make that world grow small. At times those of us in the midst of pain even feel entirely alone. Ever since I broke my back which took most of my lower left leg and parts of my right lower leg, my world has shrunk. However, as God promised in Isaiah, and as my family and I have experienced, He will be with us when (not if) we walk through the fire of suffering. 

Just as God walked with Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the fiery furnace (Daniel 13:25), He does not leave us alone in our misery (Hebrews 13:5). Just as a good friend walks with you and is at your side in times of deep despair, so does the Lord walk with His people. And He never leaves! Tim Keller explains the importance of God's presence with us as we go through the trials of life: "Suffering can refine us rather than destroy us because God Himself walks with us in the fire" (2013).

Insight: Thank you, Lord, for walking with us in the fire. Thank you that nothing in this wide world can separate us from your love.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.#

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 02 Jul 2020, 6:59 pm

Date: July 2, 2020 at 1:32 AM CDT

Rejoice Now?

"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds." James 1:2   

Scripture Focus: James 1:2-12

We all come into this world with the reality that we'll face suffering in some way and to some degree. Not one of us is immune to it. Trials will range from the inconveniences of everyday life to the catastrophic, earth-shattering upheavals. In the middle of suffering, it seems impossible to consider it "pure joy." My initial response to difficulties is to wallow in self-pity, thinking, "Nobody knows how tough this has been for me," and "It's not fair that this had to happen to me." 

But God really does call us to joy in those times (1 Peter 4:13, Romans 5:3, 2 Corinthians 12:10, Romans 12:10). It's not a call to a superficial faith which is only an inch deep. Nor is it a call to pretend that suffering does not exist. I can testify that neither approach brings much joy. Rather, it is a call to an unshakable joy that is based, as John Piper describes, on "the thousand-mile deep rock of God's Word." Because of what God has done through Jesus' death and resurrection, we stand firm-even joyful-on God's Word and promises.

Insight: Lord, in my suffering, please move me away from self-pity and give me unshakable joy for your glory.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 01 Jul 2020, 7:02 pm

Date: July 1, 2020 at 1:25 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  What Did You Expect?

What Did You Expect?

"To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps." 1 Peter 2:21   

Scripture Focus: 1 Peter 4:12-19

Though the Bible is clear that followers of Jesus will suffer, we often feel shocked and dismayed to learn of hardships and trouble that befall Christians. Those who preach the prosperity "gospel" see things differently. One popular televangelist says, "There is a belief that you're supposed to be poor and suffering and show humility. I just don't see the Bible that way." This type of teaching wrongly divides everything into two separate and distinct categories-either you receive a blessing from God, or you suffer. 

With this reasoning, those who suffer feel rejected by God and neglect to look for His blessings in the midst of pain. By seeing that suffering is expected for followers of Christ and by trusting God in our most trying times, we can join with the late Paul Brand, missionary surgeon, who said, "I have come to see pain and pleasure come not as opposite, but as Siamese twins, strangely joined and intertwined. 

Nearly all of my moments of acute happiness, in fact, involved some element of pain and struggle."

Insight: Let's say with Paul, "I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us" (Romans 8:18).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 30 Jun 2020, 10:22 pm

Date: June 30, 2020 at 1:38 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  All Part of the Plan

All Part of the Plan

"God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God." 2 Corinthians 5:21   

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 53:2-5

For many of us struggling through the difficulties and hardships of life, questions creep into our minds. They persist even when we try to fight them, especially when our sorrow is overwhelming. We ask, "How do I know that God will work this suffering for good?" and "If God ordained this, what other bad things will be coming?" and "Why did God allow this to happen in the first place?" 

When questions and doubt come, God points us to His salvation plan, which included adversity. Immediately after Adam and Eve sinned, God promised a Savior (Genesis 3:15). Hundreds of years before the Savior was born, God promised that He Himself would suffer (Isaiah 53:5). As Jesus explained to the two on the road to Emmaus, it was necessary for Him, our Savior, to suffer and die (Luke 24:26). Jesus took the punishment for our sins (1 Peter 2:24, Colossians 2:14-15) and gave us His righteousness. 

When we see that our salvation was bought by Jesus' suffering and death, we thank God that undoubtedly He can and does work our agony for good.

Insight: Each step of your life-with its joys and miseries-is all part of the plan of God bringing you closer to Him.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 29 Jun 2020, 9:20 pm

Date: June 29, 2020 at 2:31 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Suffering by Design

Suffering by Design

"My frame was not hidden from you when I was made,. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:15, 16  

Scripture Focus: Psalm 139

If I trust that God is in control of the details of a bird's life (Matthew 10:29), I can be assured He knew the details of my life before I was born. Even Satan's influence in our lives is under God's control (Job 1:12). Breaking my back and its constant painful results did not come as a surprise to God. Though still much to my dismay, it was all part of His plan. 

John Piper, writing after a cancer diagnosis, says this: "What God permits, he permits for a reason. And that reason is his design. 

If God foresees molecular developments becoming a cancer, he can stop it or not. If he does not, he has a purpose. Since he is infinitely wise, it is right to call his purpose a design" (2011). As I went through the grinding routine of therapy to try to regain some of what I lost, and as I struggle to know where I now fit in this world, I take comfort knowing what has happened was no surprise to God. Not only is it part of His design for my life, somehow it also is for my good (Romans 8:28). May He get all the glory (Isaiah 42:8)!

Insight: "Deep in unfathomable mines; of never-failing skill; He treasures up His bright designs; and works His sovereign will." (William Cowper, 1774)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 28 Jun 2020, 12:12 am

Date: June 24, 2020 at 1:57 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  In the House of the Lord

In the House of the Lord

"There will be no night there,. Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life." Revelation 21:25, 27  

Scripture Focus: Revelation 21

The house of the Lord! What feeble effort of mine could ever describe it? Even the world's most stunning cathedrals can't compare with the majesty of the house of the Lord. Nothing earthbound can. David could envision himself at journey's end- sling and rod and staff put aside. At last, he would enter the great fold where the walls are high, where 12 gates are secure with an angel at each one. The wall is of jasper; the inside of the city is pure gold. 

The glory of God fills it with crystal clear brilliance, and the Lamb of God Himself is the light! In 1980, I knew an elderly gentleman who was near death in a hospital room near mine at Ft. Bliss Texas. He was fearful of what was ahead. The patient in the bed next to him attempted often to bring the dying one to Jesus. His efforts had failed, until one morning when we met in the patient lounge. In my conversation to another patient that very day was on heaven. As we finished the discussion, the dying gentleman received Christ as his Savior. 

His final words to his roommate were, "Tell my friends I know now that heaven is real, and I am going there!"

Insight: What about you? Can you say with assurance, "I shall dwell in the house of the Lord"?

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 18 Jun 2020, 8:28 pm

Date: June 18, 2020 at 12:04 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Will Follow Me

Will Follow Me

"Surely goodness and love will follow me," Psalm 23:6a   

Scripture Focus: Psalm 18:1-19

The word "pursue" would be a better translation than the word "follow" in the passage above. Often David was being chased down by his enemies. He must have written with great relief about the reality that the greater thing he was pursued by was God's love. How wonderful to be pursued relentlessly by the Shepherd-King who came with goodness and unfailing love! Images may come to mind of the loving, dogged pursuit of one person for another. 

You think of parents coming after their grown child again and again to pull him out of the grip of drug or alcohol addictions; you think of the teacher who keeps pushing the wayward student to do the work; you think of the woman chasing after her friend who is headed down the path of destruction yet another time. Perhaps you have been the one pursing another, or perhaps you were the one being chased down. If you were the latter, you may not have wanted the help at all. 

God knows what is best for you, and He already went to the cross for you to fight off Satan, evil, and death.

Insight: Our heavenly Father does more than just follow us; He has pursued us and saved us!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 25 May 2020, 12:59 pm

Date: May 25, 2020 at 12:42 AM CDT
Topic: +DEV+  Life Is a Journey
Life Is a Journey

"Surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:20  

Scripture Focus: Revelation 1

Life is a journey. It begins where you are. It ends where God is. Not one of us knows the distance or the time span between those two points. No one, save the One who gave us life at journey's outset and who promises to be with us along all the winding paths. And didn't Jesus promise to go with us? Almost any earthly journey is easier when someone comes along who knows the way, who will be a traveling companion until you are back home. 

Life's journey can wind in tortuous paths. When Jesus assured His disciples He would be with them always, they had just emerged from the greatest trial of their earthly experience-when Jesus entered the valley called Death. They never expected to see Him again. But there He was, alive and promising them His continued presence even beyond their own lifespans. Death did not interrupt His care of them, and it does not interrupt His care of you either. 

His promises are trustworthy. "I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive forever and ever!" (Revelation 1:18) *This is the entry for October 1, 2018.

Insight: "Our Father refreshes us on the journey with some pleasant inns, but will not encourage us to mistake them for home." (C.S. Lewis, 1940)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 22 May 2020, 9:16 pm

Date: May 22, 2020 at 12:37 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Singing in Bed

Singing in Bed

"Let the saints rejoice in this honor and sing for joy on their beds." Psalm 149:5  

Scripture Focus: Psalm 149 

Like a stream after a heavy rain, the final chapters in the book of Psalms overflow with praise. Psalm 149 says the godly are rejoicing, dancing, exulting in glory, even singing for joy on their beds! "Why their beds?" you might ask. Well, why not? Wouldn't it be wonderful to be so filled with joy that you couldn't help but sing God's praise, even from your bed? 

The image of such happy people makes me smile. But I know our beds aren't always a place for singing. Sometimes we cry there like David, who said in Psalm 6:6, "I am weary with my moaning; every night I flood my bed with tears." So how do we get from tears of sorrow to songs of praise? There's one way: through faith in Jesus, who endured utter sorrow to give us perfect salvation. Apart from Christ, Martin Luther said, asking for joy is like "telling water to catch fire." But in Christ, "joy will follow of its own accord." 

This happens imperfectly in this life-joy and sorrow are mixed. But in the last, eternal chapter, Jesus will wipe every tear from our eyes.

Insight: "A Christian should be an Alleluia from head to foot." (St. Augustine of Hippo, 354-430 A.D.)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 May 2020, 12:15 pm

Date: May 20, 2020 at 1:17 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  Naming of Stars
Naming of Stars
"He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name." Psalm 147:4   
Scripture Focus: Psalm 147

Some images in the Psalms are metaphors, comparing things that seem unrelated. Other images are symbolic, representing something else. The image of Psalm 147:4 is simply a statement of truth. The whole psalm, in fact, gives many simple statements about the Lord, each moving us to praise our Almighty Creator God. Probably every kid has tried as I did, unsuccessfully, to number the stars. It just can't be done! 

I also tried when I was about 10 to move the clouds. I remember watching a large cloud moving across the sky. I commanded it to move by the strength of my will alone, but it did not respond to me at all, of course. Eventually it disappeared in the distance. Not so with God. He "stirs up his breezes, and the waters flow" (vs. 18). He "covers the sky with clouds; he supplies the earth with rain and makes grass grow on the hills" (vs. 8). He feeds the world. Just as magnificently, God numbers the stars and gives them names. And for all of us who are His, we too are lovingly determined, named, and upheld by Him.#

Insight: Matthew Henry (1662-1714) profoundly described the Word of God as "shallows where a lamb could wade and depths where an elephant could drown."

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 19 May 2020, 11:12 pm

Date: May 19, 2020 at 12:06 AM CDT

Topic: +DEV+  A Still, Quiet Soul

A Still, Quiet Soul

"I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me." Psalm 131:2   

Scripture Focus: Psalm 131

We live in a frantic, demanding world. Our souls are continually stirred up with desire, ambition, and needs- some real, some false, some good, some bad. We spin, run, tumble, fall, push, pull, scroll, and swipe just to get through each day. Though our souls can barely keep up, we often push them on-through the depression, through the guilt, through the constant conflicts with family members, friends, and God. We hope that if we reach hard enough and grab the next best thing, peace will finally settle in. 

But what if peace is not found in moving forward, but by pausing right where you are? What if you stopped reaching for something more, different, or better and simply put your hope in God? If you learned to trust God like a weaned child trusts its mother, you would find peace. Instead of crying, complaining, and groping for Him every time you are hungry, scared, or wet, simply wait on the Lord. We tend to think that peace is found in the things God gives. True peace is found in the God who gives them.

Insight: "May the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with you all." (2 Thessalonians 3:16)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 18 May 2020, 9:24 pm

Date: May 18, 2020 at 12:17 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Delight of the Word

Delight of the Word

"How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!" Psalm 119:103   

Scripture Focus: Psalm 119:97-104

Throughout the Psalms we read that there is delight in knowing God. "Sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant" (135:3). "In your name I will hope, for your name is good" (52:9). "As for God, his way is perfect" (18:30). When we come to Psalm 119, the longest of the psalms, we find many passages that speak of love for and awe of God's Word. In verse 103, God's Word is sweeter than honey in our mouth. 

Loving the Lord and loving His Word go hand in hand. How can it be, then, that often those who claim to love God care very little for His Word? If a man says he is in love with a woman yet treats her love letters as if they were junk mail, would you think his love was real? If we are to love God, we will love His Word. Though our love ebbs and flows, His love remains steadfast. Where our love changes daily, His is from everlasting to everlasting. 

That perfect love reached down when Jesus gave His life for us. This good news of the gospel is the sugar added to the entire Word of God. Taste and see that it is good!

Insight: "Amazing grace! How sweet the sound/ that saved a wretch like me!" (John Newton, 1779)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next