World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 8:26 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 8:24 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 7:47 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 7:40 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:52 pm by Admin

»  So You Think You Can Lose It?
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm by Admin

» Joe Biden Smoking Gun
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 5:44 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:20 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:18 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:15 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 3:48 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 11:09 pm

Date: November 14, 2019 at 1:28 AM
Topic: +DEV+ His Perfect Appetite

His Perfect Appetite

"'My food,' said Jesus, is to do the will of him who sent me and to finish his work." John 4:34

Scripture Focus: John 4

When I was nine, I had a friend named Roland Todd. I looked up to him, not just because he was the same age that I was, but because he didn't have a sweet tooth. I used to eat sugar by the pound, so I found his sensible eating to be a marvel.

The disciples marveled, too, when they came back from town with lunch and saw Jesus talking with a Samaritan woman. Why was He doing that? They would never do such a thing, because they would never want to. They had no appetite for talking with a woman such as this one, a Samaritan and a sinner! But Jesus was hungry to help her. And revealing Himself to this woman of questionable reputation satisfied Him to such an extent that He hadn't yet touched the lunch they brought Him.

What fed His soul that day? His soul was fed because He not only wanted to do the Father's will, but He did it. That day by the well, Jesus obeyed from the heart. He did so for His Father but also for us, to earn a righteousness that would one day be ours, by faith. Doesn't that whet your appetite for Him?

Insight: Marvel at Jesus' perfect obedience and say along with David, "I desire to do your will, my God; your law is within my heart" (Psalm 40:8).

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 12 Nov 2019, 1:09 pm

Date: November 12, 2019 at 12:10 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Where Does Hunger Lead Me?

Where Does Hunger Lead Me?

"When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate it."   Genesis 3:6

Scripture Focus: Genesis 3

Our hunger doesn't always lead us in the right direction. Just as we might bypass the apples for a doughnut, we might also bypass gentle words and reach for sharp criticism instead. We choose the wrong over the right. Where will your hunger lead you today-to God or away from Him? 

When the serpent enticed Eve, he turned her attention from the goodness of God to the allure of the forbidden fruit. He awakened her hunger for something God had forbidden. God's lavish goodness was demonstrated to Eve through every other tree in the garden that He'd given her for food. As far as her eyes could see, all was a gift except for a single tree. She was free to take and eat. But that day, she saw not that God was good, but that the tree looked good. So she ate, rejecting the gift and violating the command. What looks good to you today? 

When our hunger leads us away from God to something we think is better, we must go to another tree, the one where Jesus Himself bore our sinful hungers and showed us just how good God really is.

Insight: When your hunger fails to lead you to God, let your sin lead you to the cross.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 11 Nov 2019, 9:44 pm

Divine Vending Machine

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."   James 1:5

Scripture Focus: James 1

There he was, standing in front of the vending machine again, digging in his pockets for correct change so he could buy water. He'd left his own water bottle at home on the counter. As he shoved his money in, he hoped it would deliver. We sometimes look at God that way, as some sort of divine vending machine. We know what we want to get from Him, and we know it's in there somewhere. 

Now what do we have to do to get Him to give it to us? Catch up on our Bible reading? Pray? Fast? Make some resolutions to do or not do things we know are right or wrong? Meanwhile, We’re waiting for my quarter to drop and our hunger to be satisfied. But God is not like an impersonal vending machine. He comes to us as the Divine Host. Not only is He aware of all our hungers, He also designed those very hungers to bring us to His table. 

Do we lack wisdom? Then ask. Do we lack food or clothing? Ask. Do we need friends or work or help or healing? Ask your heavenly Father, who does not hold back, but "gives generously to all without finding fault."

Insight: Don't try to deny or satisfy or figure out your hunger. Bring it to God, and He will give you what is good.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 08 Nov 2019, 12:17 am

Date: November 6, 2019 at 1:28 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Hungry Souls

Hungry Souls

"For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things." Psalm 107:9

Scripture Focus: PSALM 107

We know how it feels to have an empty stomach. We become distracted and irritable. We may exhibit irrational behavior, like swerving across three lanes of traffic to pull into a Burger King. But do you know how it feels to have a hungry soul? Psalm 107 speaks to us about both types of hunger-of the body as well as the soul.

Those wandering through the desert need food, water, and shelter, but they also long for a place to call home, something more than just a roof over their heads. "Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted within them" (v. 5). By talking about both hungers, God's Word assures us that He not only knows our needs, but He also created them. He made us hungry so He could feed us. He gave Adam an appetite and then placed him in a garden.

He made Adam lonely and then created Eve. God is still the One who satisfies the needs of both our bodies and our souls. Though our longings may cause us to sink and to sin, we can cry out to Him in our trouble. Watch and see how He satisfies your soul and fills you with good things.

Insight: Awareness of our need is the first step in bringing it to our good and generous God. What are you hungry for today?

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inma
Date: November 7, 2019 at 12:08 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Finding True Food

Finding True Food

"Then Jesus declared, I am the bread of life. He who comes to me will never go hungry, and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." John 6:35

Scripture Focus: John 6

What kind of food will satisfy our hungry souls? When we start to pray about our longings, we often discover that what we want is not what we need. We get distracted by the toys and trinkets our world dangles before us-fame, success, material wealth. We're not unlike the crowd in Jesus' day who followed Him only because they wanted another free meal (vs. 26).

How did Jesus respond to them? Not by sending them away, but by offering them what they really needed: Himself. Like us, they were sinners in need of a Savior. He knew they needed life, not stuff. They were preoccupied with the goods and services Jesus could provide for them. Yet that wasn't a deal breaker; it was simply a symptom of their need. Jesus knew it, and offered them true bread.

When we bring our hunger and the longings of our hearts to God, He doesn't give us everything we ask for. He gives us Jesus who lived and died for us-not a one-size-fits-all answer to our longings, but the explosive, life-generating force of His death and resurrection.

Insight: The food God gives for our souls is Himself. Jesus' death for us is so personal and complete, we can feed on it every day.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 07 Nov 2019, 12:01 am

Topic: +DEV+ Scandalous Grace

Michael D. Inman
Scandalous Grace

"The crowd listened to Paul until he said this. Then they raised their voices and shouted, Rid the earth of him! He's not fit to live!" Acts 22:22

Scripture Focus: Acts 22

Having been falsely accused of defiling God's holy temple, the Apostle Paul pleaded with a mob of his fellow Jews. Explaining that he was in fact a law-abiding Pharisee, their indignation began to cool. That is, up until the point when he added that the Lord had sent him to preach saving grace to the Gentiles!

In first-century Israel, non-Jewish people- Gentiles and Samaritans-were generally considered "unclean dogs" bound for hell. Although their full inclusion among God's people had been foretold since Abraham's day (Genesis 12:1-3), the Judean church wrestled with accepting "outsiders" even 20 years after Pentecost. (See, for example, Acts chapters 10, 11, and 15.) Even Israelites could be considered "unclean" if they were notoriously immoral.

I am all too aware of how I've lived as an "unclean dog" and "outsider." But even I as a soldier, even my military friends, even you whose sin has chased hard after you-we are the recipients of Jesus' scandalous grace which fully forgives and embraces the most outcast of sinners.

Insight: "Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all." (Colossians 3:11)

Michael D. Inman

Date: November 6, 2019 at 1:28 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Hungry Souls

Hungry Souls

"For he satisfies the thirsty and fills the hungry with good things."   Psalm 107:9

Scripture Focus: PSALM 107

We know how it feels to have an empty stomach. We become distracted and irritable. We may exhibit irrational behavior, like swerving across three lanes of traffic to pull into a Burger King. But do you know how it feels to have a hungry soul? Psalm 107 speaks to us about both types of hunger-of the body as well as the soul. 

Those wandering through the desert need food, water, and shelter, but they also long for a place to call home, something more than just a roof over their heads. "Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted within them" (v. 5). By talking about both hungers, God's Word assures us that He not only knows our needs, but He also created them. He made us hungry so He could feed us. He gave Adam an appetite and then placed him in a garden. 

He made Adam lonely and then created Eve. God is still the One who satisfies the needs of both our bodies and our souls. Though our longings may cause us to sink and to sin, we can cry out to Him in our trouble. Watch and see how He satisfies your soul and fills you with good things.

Insight: Awareness of our need is the first step in bringing it to our good and generous God. What are you hungry for today?

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 10:22 pm

Date: November 5, 2019 at 12:31 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Scandalous Grace

Scandalous Grace

"The crowd listened to Paul until he said this. Then they raised their voices and shouted, Rid the earth of him! He's not fit to live!"  Acts 22:22

Scripture Focus: Acts 22

Having been falsely accused of defiling God's holy temple, the Apostle Paul pleaded with a mob of his fellow Jews. Explaining that he was in fact a law-abiding Pharisee, their indignation began to cool. That is, up until the point when he added that the Lord had sent him to preach saving grace to the Gentiles! 

In first-century Israel, non-Jewish people- Gentiles and Samaritans-were generally considered "unclean dogs" bound for hell. Although their full inclusion among God's people had been foretold since Abraham's day (Genesis 12:1-3), the Judean church wrestled with accepting "outsiders" even 20 years after Pentecost. (See, for example, Acts chapters 10, 11, and 15.) Even Israelites could be considered "unclean" if they were notoriously immoral. 

I am all too aware of how I've lived as an "unclean dog" and "outsider." But even I as a soldier, even my military friends, even you whose sin has chased hard after you-we are the recipients of Jesus' scandalous grace which fully forgives and embraces the most outcast of sinners.

Insight: "Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all." (Colossians 3:11)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 05 Nov 2019, 12:00 am

Date: November 4, 2019 at 1:13 AM
Topic: +DEV+ A Clean Heart

A Clean Heart

"Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me." Psalm 51:5

Scripture Focus: Psalm 51

If being retired has one advantage, it's the free time. Some years ago I had the chance to read The Confessions of Saint Augustine. Augustine was a bishop in fifth-century A.D. North Africa, who recounted his salvation from wickedness. He marveled that the Lord chose him (Romans 8:28-30), knowing how evil he was even at conception.

We may say that babies are "innocent" and "pure." At least until they learn the word no, it seems that they are. But no humans need training in how to disobey, act selfishly, lie, or steal. It's our natural desire to turn away from God's law (Romans 7:18-20). The Bible calls this inner depravity iniquity. As the verses surrounding Psalm 51:5 clarify, King David isn't making excuses or shifting blame for his iniquity-his terrible sins (recorded in 2 Samuel 11-12).

Instead he is confessing that he is (as we also are) rotten to the very core. He cries out for a clean heart (vs. 10) which loves and adores God and His Word. And in His lavish grace to even the vilest offender, the Lord always answers this prayer.

Insight: "I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you." (Ezekiel 36:26a)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 01 Nov 2019, 4:00 pm

Date: November 1, 2019 at 2:06 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Calling All Sinners

Calling All Sinners

"Jesus answered them, It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance." Luke 5:31-32

Scripture Focus: Luke 5

Several times during my military service I've had to reevaluate and correct my motives for establishing habits which, in and of themselves, are good. I may seek to keep myself and my quarters neat and clean, for example, or exercise regularly, read daily, or limit my intake of junk food.

But any lifestyle can become an idol and a merciless law, blinding us to the truth that we are constantly dependent on God's prodigal grace. Several years ago I saw an advertisement for a book, “The Prodigal God”, by a New York City pastor, Tim Keller. My first reaction to this title was surprise. It sounded blasphemous! I went straight to a dictionary where I learned that prodigal can mean "lavishly extravagant." What a fitting way to describe how the Lord seeks and saves sinful wretches like us who, apart from Christ, have no righteousness at all. Our "prodigal God" lavishes His extravagant grace on us.

Take inventory: Doesn't your soul require an expert Physician? Do you hear Jesus' call to follow Him? He came for the sin-sick and broken.

Insight: "Jesus said, Today salvation has come to this house, For the Son of Man came to seek and to save what was lost." (Luke 19:9-10)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 31 Oct 2019, 3:13 pm

Date: October 31, 2019 at 1:34 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Solid Foundation

Solid Foundation

"Nevertheless, God's solid foundation stands firm, sealed with this inscription: The Lord knows those who are his, and, Everyone who confesses the name of the Lord must turn away from wickedness." 2 Timothy 2:19

Scripture Focus: 2 Timothy 2

Prior to Jesus' arrest, He prayed for the eleven remaining disciples and then for all believers. He knew exactly who these were, just as a father knows his own children. The Gospel of John records that God specifically gave these believers to Jesus.

They were characterized by certainty of Jesus' identity and true belief. They were ones who did not consider this world their home, but knew their citizenship was in heaven. So what is it that distinguishes those who are "in Christ" from those who are not? In John 17, we find that believers enjoy the revelation of God through Jesus and that this brings glory to Him. Believers have a unity as they freely confess the name of Jesus and daily repent of sin.

Jesus asks God to sanctify these believers through His Word. He closes His prayer by indicating that true believers know God sent Him to make the Father known. Finally, He wants those who are His to share in the love of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Will you put your hope in the solid foundation of Jesus? Turn to Him today!

Insight: No one can break the seal of God. The Holy Spirit assures believers that they irrevocably belong to God.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 1:31 pm

My Mighty Rock

"My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge."  Psalm 62:7

Scripture Focus: Psalm 62

As Jesus prepared His disciples for His departure back to the Father after His soon-to-be death and resurrection, He knew they would be perplexed until sometime later and that in the meantime they would be shaken. Their friendship had formed a strong bond. Sometimes we are shaken by life's events, too. Jesus has seemed close. 

Many of us have formed a strong bond of friendship with Him. But then along comes great loss, horrific news, confusion, disappointment, or worry about our future. Suddenly, our heavenly peace is threatened. Jesus promised the disciples that He would send them the Holy Spirit and provide the kind of peace that the world would not comprehend (John 14:25-27). He also promised this Counselor to us who believe in Him. 

Like children who come with their troubles to empathetic parents, we pour out our hearts to our Heavenly Father in Jesus' name. We give Him our frustrations, tears, exhaustion, anger, and questions. Our Mighty Rock whose promises are trustworthy and true gives us supernatural soul rest.

Insight: Are you weary? Looking every which way in this world for rest? Take time to read all of Psalm 62 and take comfort in the Lord.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 30 Oct 2019, 1:06 pm

[size=16]PHILIPPIANS CHAPTER 4

2 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.

EASILY OFFENDED AND SO TOUCHY

There was a famous TV programme in the UK several years ago about a couple of old ladies who travelled the country cooking, and traveling around to locations in an old motor cycle and sidecar. They were both very different, one spoke with a posh southern accent and the other with a Scottish accent. They got on well and cooked up delicious food.

Now I don't know what these two ladies were like in the Philippian church, but they couldn't of travelled around like the ladies above, because they had a problem with each other. Now we have no idea if this was over some point of doctrine, personal ethics or whatever, but they had a real problem.

Paul has to address these two ladies and to urge them in strong language to be reconciled to each other. Remember what happened when an epistle from Paul was delivered to the church, it was read out to the whole church.

These two ladies would have their dispute laid out in front of the whole church. Note that Paul urges each one individually to be reconciled to each other.

Jesus says if we have a dispute with one of our brothers and sisters, we should leave our offering at the altar and go and be reconciled to that brother or sister.

In our churches today, there are many sisters and brothers who are easily offended and so touchy. How many believers are now outside of the church, because someone has said something they shouldn't? If you know that you have hurt someone who is now outside the church, then go and be reconciled to that person.

I hope none of us are like these two believers; surely not!

It's time to stop being easily offended and so touchy. It's time to be reconciled to each other in love. If we have offended anyone, we need to go and find that brother and sister and be reconciled.

If you are the hurt party, then you need to forgive that person and pray that God would take away the hurt.

God bless you

Keith

[/size]

[size=16]PSALM 29

9 The voice of the Lord maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of his glory.

RIGHT SPEAKING IN THE HOUSE OF GOD

I want to concentrate on the second part of this verse.

God's temple or God's house is sacred, and indeed we need to careful when we come into God's house.

Let me ask you and also me, this question?

Do we speak of God's glory in God's temple?

How often do we go into God's house and speak of anything other than His glory. We talk about the weather, we talk about sports, we talk about fashion.

When I go into "church," sometimes I talk to my friends and that is good, but we need to get our priorities right, when we go into the house of God.

Let us give God glory everyday, everywhere and especially in His house, because Biblically, WE are His house!

God bless you

Keith

[size=16][size=16]SERMONS

LEVITICUS PART 3 BY BART CARLSON

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=1215141014241

LEVITICUS PART 4 BY BART CARLSON

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=11415841142

[/size]

[size=16] TENDER DEALING BY JOHN MACDUFF

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=620151959435

A GRACIOUS PARDON BY JOHN MACDUFF

https://www.sermonaudio.com/saplayer/playpopup.asp?SID=51315184280

[/size]
[/size][/size]
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 9:40 pm

Your Unfailing Love

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul."  Psalm 143:8

Scripture Focus: Psalm 143

If you're old enough to recall using rolls of film for cameras, then you may remember the Kodak Company's slogan about capturing "Kodak moments" in photographs. Those are perfect times when everything aligns for a while to be truly wonderful. 

I remember my eldest daughter's wedding as a "Kodak moment." It was at a Rolla Missouri at a local church in late July with My daughter the beautiful bride and her entourage. The whole day was stunning with comfortable temperatures, blue skies, sunshine, and no bugs. The day could not have been more perfect. 

But my life is so uneven! My "Kodak moments" are exceptions. Most of the time I face and deal with sin pressing in around me, enemies pursuing us, and spirits growing faint. God's unfailing love does not last for only a moment. Our Lord hears our prayers and lifts our souls. He rescues us and leads us on level ground. His face is not hidden from us. The preservation of our lives in Christ is secure. Because of His amazing grace for this life and for eternity, rain and clouds simply cannot enter.

Insight: "This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins." (1 John 4:10)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 29 Oct 2019, 12:53 am

A Strong Tower

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."  Proverbs 18:10

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 18

I was blessed to have a good dad. He was a Methodist pastor for many years, articulate in explaining Jesus and salvation. Despite my wandering heart and rebellious youth, I never doubted the truth of God's Word, largely because of how my dad communicated it to me. 

He supplied me with a profound sense of safety and refuge, strengthened by faith in Jesus. 

Many dads are not present or praiseworthy and my Dad has since passed to be with Jesus, even so God the Father is our “Dad”. He sent His Son to be humbly obedient to the cross and receive the name above all names-Jesus Christ. Jesus is our strong tower; one day every knee will bow to Him. He is the Rock to whom we cling and take refuge. He is our provider and protector, shield and defender. 

He is the tall tower that can never be brought low. The good father you may have been raised by on this earth is a shadow of your Heavenly Father. But when our earthly fathers fail us-some miserably so-let the failure point you to the Father who loves you implicitly, who is your safety and protection, who will never let you go.

Insight: "The Lord is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer." (Psalm 18:2a)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 25 Oct 2019, 10:42 pm

Date: October 25, 2019 at 12:49 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Sword of the Spirit

Sword of the Spirit

"For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart." Hebrews 4:12

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 4

I marvel at the power of words and the way language expresses unforgettable meaning. All my life words of affirmation have stuck with me. But just as surely, hurtful words have kept a chokehold on my memory, too.

Perhaps you can relate to that. I am grateful that God's Spirit has caused His Word to take root in my heart to supply wisdom for living, distaste for sin, and a preserving presence in my life. But more importantly, I have gotten to know Jesus personally through the Bible. I am learning to love and obey Him more. What people see in a believer who is sincerely following Jesus is a transformed life. Where there is no change, it looks as if God's Word has gone missing.

As important as oxygen is for physical survival, God's Word fuels abundant spiritual life. Without it, there is no replication of the life of Christ in you. God loved us so much that He communicated to us using words that were brought to completion in His Son Jesus-the Living Word, the final Word! And He, indeed, is living and active.

Insight: If the sword of the Spirit is the Word of God (see Ephesians 6:17), take hold of it to face whatever comes your way today.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 24 Oct 2019, 7:10 pm

Date: October 23, 2019 at 1:25 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Spiritual Rock

The Spiritual Rock

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness.." 2 Peter 1:3

Scripture Focus: 2 Peter 1

From Genesis 37-50 we read the detailed and compelling story of Joseph. As part of an evil plot, his brothers sold him into slavery to Ishmaelite merchants. From one misfortune to another, we see that nothing happened to Joseph that was not ordained by the righteous hand of the Lord. What Joseph's brothers meant for evil, God intended for good (50:20).

When betrayal and bitterness took aim at Joseph, he remained a fruitful vine because of "the hand of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel" (49:24).

You and I have access to Joseph's Rock through the victory of Jesus Christ on the cross. The cross reminds us of the promises of Jesus and the hope of being conformed to His image, character, and word. Joseph's story foreshadowed the suffering and redemption of our Rock of Ages. Joseph himself reflected the character of God and displayed the fruits of goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, kindness, and love, all of which came to fullness generations later in our Rock and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

Insight: "Rock of Ages, cleft for me/ Let me hide myself in Thee.../ Nothing in my hand I bring,/ Simply to Thy cross I cling." (Augustus Toplady, 1776)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 23 Oct 2019, 8:44 pm

The Spiritual Rock

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness."   2 Peter 1:3

Scripture Focus: 2 Peter 1

From Genesis 37-50 we read the detailed and compelling story of Joseph. As part of an evil plot, his brothers sold him into slavery to Ishmaelite merchants. From one misfortune to another, we see that nothing happened to Joseph that was not ordained by the righteous hand of the Lord. What Joseph's brothers meant for evil, God intended for good (50:20). 

When betrayal and bitterness took aim at Joseph, he remained a fruitful vine because of "the hand of the Mighty One of Jacob, because of the Shepherd, the Rock of Israel" (49:24). 

You and I have access to Joseph's Rock through the victory of Jesus Christ on the cross. The cross reminds us of the promises of Jesus and the hope of being conformed to His image, character, and word. Joseph's story foreshadowed the suffering and redemption of our Rock of Ages. Joseph himself reflected the character of God and displayed the fruits of goodness, knowledge, self-control, perseverance, godliness, kindness, and love, all of which came to fullness generations later in our Rock and Redeemer, Jesus Christ.

Insight: "Rock of Ages, cleft for me/ Let me hide myself in Thee.../ Nothing in my hand I bring,/ Simply to Thy cross I cling." (Augustus Toplady, 1776)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 23 Oct 2019, 3:43 pm

This has got to stop!   Pass this on to everyone!
Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:15 pm (PDT) . Posted by:"Rev. Michael D. Inman" n0klu
Your Tax Dollars Used to Merge Mice with Aborted Human Baby Body Parts: 'Abhorrent on so Many Levels'
https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/politics/2019/october/your-tax-dollars-used-to-merge-mice-with-aborted-human-baby-body-parts-abhorrent-on-so-many-levels

To those groups that strip out links, Our Tax Dollars are being used to mix Human aborted baby parts with animals!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 22 Oct 2019, 9:28 pm

Date: October 22, 2019 at 1:14 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Source of Wisdom

Source of Wisdom

"If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him." James 1:5

Scripture Focus: James 1

SAT Most of us prize relative comfort, order, possessions, friends, and family. We would never invite trials into our lives. Though we may expect normal stresses and illnesses, we'd never ask for the heartbreak, hate, and tragedies that mar our world.

Yet, in Christ, He purposes that we gain perseverance and deeper faith through trials. We have access to the Holy Spirit's treasure chest of spiritual resources, especially wisdom. Jesus is generous to provide. In our solid Rock, we can experience joy even when life looks its ugliest. The upside-down truth of the gospel brings delight in the most desperate times. Jesus Christ promises that we lack nothing in the face of spiritual warfare.

We're assured of maturity and completeness in the face of betrayal. We are guaranteed a crown of life in the face of death. With steady feet and unswerving hearts, we believe. But whether we're struggling with doubt or not, children of God can simply ask Him for overflowing stores of joy. Our Source of wisdom navigates us through all our trials.

Insight: "Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens." (Daniel 12:3)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 10:49 pm

Date: October 21, 2019 at 1:15 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Out of the Mud and Mire

Out of the Mud and Mire

"Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; , By day the LORD directs his love, at night his song is with me-a prayer to the God of my life."  Psalm 42:7-8

Scripture Focus: Palm 42

Quicksand, as I remember from old westerns, means "no way out," mud and mire with no return. Some of life's predicaments feel like quicksand, don't they? Psalm 42:9 says, "God my Rock, why have you forgotten me?" I have asked this question in the sinking sands of hostile relationships, the sludgy places in my heart, and the senseless tragedies of life. 

I wonder if I'll just keep sinking, forgotten by God altogether. At my self-pitying core, I ask, "Why me, Lord?" Have you wondered if you really can trust God when He is silent and appears to be far away? It is easy be devoured by the loose, wet sand, to sink even faster as we struggle more. Like the psalmist, we too hear voices around us saying, "Where is your God?" In those times, remind yourself that He is your Rock (vs. 9). 

Go now to meet with Him. Look upward and stop flailing. He faithfully stops the downward pressure from sucking you in and assures you that He is your Savior. He directs His love toward you so that you can sing His song rather than your own.

Insight: In trouble, say, "Why not me?" And know that the joy of the Lord is yours when you remember that He is your hope.

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.ht

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 18 Oct 2019, 7:42 pm

Date: October 17, 2019 at 2:49 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Faultless to Stand Before the Throne
Faultless to Stand Before the Throne
"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need."  Hebrews 4:16

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 4

When Peter healed the crippled beggar, he said, "In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, walk" (Acts 3:6). The man walked and immediately praised God. Peter then reminded the onlookers that they had previously disowned and crucified Jesus Christ, the Holy and Righteous One through whom this healing truly had happened. 

Here the bystanders had been given yet another chance to see God's power, repent, receive His grace, and believe in God's Son and His redemption. Faultlessness before God's throne is given to us in exchange for our faith in Jesus Christ. In Hebrews 2:1-4 we are admonished to remember that this great salvation was first announced by Jesus and then confirmed by many who heard Him. Testimony came through signs, miracles, and the visible actions of the Holy Spirit. God is faithful to give us many opportunities to believe. 

Even if you have denied His pull on your heart your whole life, approach His throne now. Go to Him in prayer and repentance; there you'll find mercy from the One who declares you faultless.

INSIGHT: "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12)

Michael D. Inman

Date: October 18, 2019 at 1:25 AM

Topic: +DEV+  In Whom I Take Refuge
In Whom I Take Refuge

"How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you."   Psalm 31:19

Scripture Focus: Psalm 31

When we're faced with trouble of some kind, running away is our instinct. It is the first inclination when disaster comes near. While vacationing with friends in the mountains while stationed in Korea many years ago, my friend walked into the kitchen to find a bear standing in front of the refrigerator. Our friends were on the base and were impossible to reach by phone. My friend spent a good deal of time yelling for help out on his bedroom deck since no stairs were available for escape. Finally, someone heard his cries and sent help. 

Take a moment to understand our frailty in light of Christ's power to save. Most of life will not be like running away from a bear, but there will be a constant temptation to cave in to fears, a nagging desire to leave our Healer, and a growing urge to drop out of the race of faith. Hold on to and be held by your glorious Savior who "is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us" (Ephesians 3:20). That is the way to enjoy God's eternal safety in Christ.

Insight: "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." (Psalm 32:7)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 14 Oct 2019, 4:38 pm

Date: October 14, 2019 at 12:54 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Clothed in His Righteousness
Clothed in His Righteousness
"But also for us, to whom God will credit righteousness-for us who believe in him who raised Jesus our Lord from the dead."  Romans 4:24
Scripture Focus: Romans 4
Jesus wraps His righteousness around us when we find our life in Him. What is seen and accepted by the Father is the work Jesus finished on the cross. If I focus on my own personal holiness, I lose sight of Him altogether.
My proud, deceitful heart is always looking for something beyond God's "once and for all" provision for my salvation and eternal life. I want my children to give me credit for being a good dad, my wife to give me credit for being a good husband, my parents to give me credit for being a good son. I want to "wear the clothes" of my impressive behavior. Through His Son, the Father only sees me wearing the robes of Jesus' righteousness. Clothed in Him, I am justified, raised to life, saved from wrath, and reconciled.
Enduring faith in Jesus covers me with righteousness. Like Abraham, who "did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith" (Romans 4:20), I can cease my striving and leave behind a whole wardrobe of my own attempts to earn eternal life.
Insight: "I delight greatly in the Lord, For he has clothed me with garments of salvation and arrayed me in a robe of his righteousness." (Isaiah 61:10)
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 11 Oct 2019, 9:49 pm

Date: October 11, 2019 at 1:45 AM
Topic: +DEV+ When the Trumpet Sounds

When the Trumpet Sounds

"Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades." Revelation 1:17b-18

Scripture Focus: Revelation 1

A trumpet blast heralds something important: a grand entrance, the presence of royalty, a kick-off to a special ceremony. So when God's Word heralds the great announcement of Jesus, all should pay attention. Reasons for inattention carry life-or-death consequences.

Without some crises of faith that forced me to make decisions in life, I might not have recognized the Living One calling to me. I knew I couldn't be a husband without the supernatural intervention of a Savior. The first cry of our first baby let me know the huge responsibility I had for her life. I knew with certainty that I needed a Savior. In God's mercy, He often allows us a spiritual wake-up call to break our lethargy. A jolt of responsibility, though unwelcome at the time, might be one way we can hear God's trumpet call. He knows our frailty and stubbornness.

I am thankful that God didn't let me waste too much time before I saw the truth of my sinfulness and the reality of His love. By His grace, I passed from death to life when I heard His trumpet call.

Insight: "For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first." (1 Thessalonians 4:16)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 10 Oct 2019, 10:43 pm

Date: October 10, 2019 at 1:21 AM
Topic: +DEV+ My Hope and Stay

My Hope and Stay

"Now it is God who makes both us and you stand firm in Christ. He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit." 2 Corinthians 1:21-22

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 1

Some of us are planners (I personally love to engineer my time.); some are not. In a day's time, we all make many yes-or-no decisions as if we are masters of our time and destinies. This is the rhythm of the world in which we live. Our calendars and our bank accounts tell our stories.

You've heard the saying, "We are what we consume." Paul says that the message of Jesus is our only firm "yes." Our destinies are solid in Him, and our daily yes's and no's only have significance when we live out our firm standing in Christ for God's glory. How then do we translate those life-altering things that happen to us into hope? Or a yes? Think about this truth. Our Savior's seal of ownership is on us if we have genuine faith in Him. It is affirmed.

Our days belong to Jesus who has deposited His Spirit in our hearts as our hope and stay. Whatever is to come is wrapped in His security. "Yes" takes on a deeper meaning when considered in light of our decision-making. He has guaranteed what is to come, and we know it will be glorious.

Insight: In Christ, today is a "yes, Lord" to what He has planned as He deepens our faith and becomes the object of our days.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 10:53 pm

Date: October 9, 2019 at 1:56 AM
Topic: +DEV+ The Overwhelming Flood

The Overwhelming Flood

“…a wise man who built his house on the rock. The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock." Matthew 7:24-25

Scripture Focus: Matthew 7

The assault of evil is never worse than when it is delivered by a friend. In Psalm 41:9, David laments that his trusted friend had lifted up his heel against him, foreshadowing the betrayal of Jesus by Judas. Imagine Jesus as He knows that Judas will sell Him out shortly after the Last Supper. Yet still He takes time to portray the selfless love of foot-washing with His disciples (see John 13:1-30).

Imagine your own response to a Christian brother or sister who is undermining your professional leadership or spreading a falsehood about you. Placing your foundation on the Rock means laying down your life for others despite the cost. It means enduring betrayal with grace and humility, knowing that God is producing fruit in your life. When you call upon the Lord, it is genuine. When your world gets shaken, your roots are firm.

When asked to do God's will, you come through. Where there is hatred, you return love. "The salvation of the righteous comes from the Lord; he is their stronghold in time of trouble" (Psalm 37:39).

Insight: "He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty." (Psalm 91:1)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 08 Oct 2019, 8:12 pm

Date: October 8, 2019 at 1:11 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Nothing but the Blood

Nothing but the Blood

"But now he has reconciled you by Christ's physical body through death to present you holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation." Colossians 1:22

Scripture Focus: Colossians 1

Have you ever asked yourself, "Why can't we all get along?" I have, especially at family gatherings. But I also know that alienation from God and people comes naturally. This is our bent. When we are born, we are facing a barrier that separates us from God.

Our sin builds insurmountable walls between us and God and other people. What Jesus, the Lamb of God, purchased for us on the cross was reconciliation with the Almighty God. If it were not for Christ's blood shed on my behalf, my sin would have made any relationship with God impossible. Reconciliation with God makes it possible for us to replicate reconciliation in our earthly relationships by laying down our lives for others. "Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends" (John 15:13).

Saving faith is the gift of God! Nothing but Christ's blood could have torn down the barrier of sin and death between people and God. For believers, the next step is to tear down the barrier between us and others and then model the truth of the gospel.

Insight: "For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him." (Colossians 1:19)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: