World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Gatestone Institute
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 11:03 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 10:48 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» Woke Kindergarten?
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 10:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 10:12 pm by Admin

» israelAM
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 8:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Admin

» AISH
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 8:52 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 8:42 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 6:59 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyYesterday at 6:52 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:51 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 10:26 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:52 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptyTue 07 May 2024, 7:01 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

NUGGET Today's Devotional

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

NUGGET Today's Devotional - Page 10 Empty Re: NUGGET Today's Devotional

Post  Admin Fri 26 Jun 2015, 9:41 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

June 25, 2015
Divine Appointments
bible
By Answers2Prayer 
Philip was instructed by God to go to a certain place at a certain time, and when he arrived, there just "happened" to be an Ethiopian official on that same road, an Ethiopian with lots of questions about Scripture. 

A chance meeting?

Hardly. Truly a divine appointment, for in the end, this Ethiopian went on his way home a changed man, for thanks to Philip, he understood, believed and was baptised (see Acts 8:26-40).

But that was the early church. We don't see those kind of random things happening today.

Or do we? 

I had just finished my oncology visit and was back in radiology to pick up CDs of some radiographic studies when I met them. The woman was pushing her husband, who we will call "Charley," in a wheelchair, and Charley was waiting for x-rays. We exchanged pleasantries, and then I went to the counter to pick up my exams. 

"I'm sorry," said the technician behind the counter. "Your x-ray study from today isn't up on the system yet."

My smile became a bit strained. 

"Maybe if you can wait a few more moments, it will come up," she stated hopefully. 

I shrugged. Though I was in a bit of a rush to get home, better to wait a few more minutes than have to return! 

As I returned to the waiting room, I again noticed Charlie and his wife. I sat down across from them, and despite my innate shyness, we struck up a conversation. I soon learned that Charley had been in Oncology all day, receiving radiation therapy for lung cancer. Due to other health concerns that had arisen, however, he was now in the midst of tests. His wife was nearly beside herself with worry, and God gave me a few words of encouragement for her. 

It wasn't long before Charlie had finished his x-rays, and the couple were preparing to leave. Tell them you'll pray for him! whispered a voice inside my mind, and I found my mouth forming those words: "I'll be praying for Charley!"

The woman looked surprised but relieved at the same time. "Thank you!" she said with conviction.

The moment they left the room, the x-ray technician returned with my CD, and I immediately knew why my x-ray study hadn't been ready. This was no random meeting. It was a divine appointment. 

But then, there are no random meetings, are there? Everything is under God's control. He knows exactly how to connect us with what we need at just the right moment, and His timing is always impeccable. 

I would like to challenge each of you today to do two things:

1. Be on the lookout for God's divine appointments in your life. The moment you feel discouraged or have any other need, and someone or something comes along that brings you hope, recognize God's hand on your life and give Him the praise. 

2. Be ever ready to be God's hands and feet on Earth, should we find ourselves in the "giving" end of a divine appointment.

Let's remember: "My God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." (Phil 4:19, NKJV)

Oh, and would you all join me in praying for "Charlie" as well?

In His love,
Lyn

Lyn Chaffart, Speech-Language Pathologist, mother of two, Author -- "Aboard God's Train -- A Journey With God Through the Valley of Cancer", Author and Moderator for The Nugget, a tri-weekly internet newsletter, and Scriptural Nuggets, a website devoted to Christian devotionals and inspirational poems, with Answers2Prayer Ministries. Follow Lyn on Twitter @lynchaffart.

Announcement:

The Nugget has featured several series' on Temples in the Bible: "Wilderness Instructions"; "Lessons From Ezekiel's Temple"; and most recently, "Building Solomon's Temple". There is just one other temple given significant mention in the Bible, and this is the Heavenly temple. Join us on Saturdays in July for "The Heavenly Temple" -- A Mini-series by Lyn Chaffart
©Copyright 2011 Answers2Prayer | Matt 10:8 "Freely you have received, freely give."
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Jun 2015, 8:16 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
June 23, 2015
A Piece of Bread

By Answers2Prayer Subscribe Unsubscribe Devotionals Contact us  I was sitting in my car in a convenience store parking lot nibbling on a biscuit that I had bought for lunch. The morning had been busy and full of errands and the afternoon looked like it would be even busier still. It was one of those days that we often get in modern life with too much to do and too little time to do it.

I had decided to take a five minute break then and eat my biscuit slowly instead of wolfing it down while I was driving. I had found that little breaks like that were essential to keeping my heart happy, my mind clear, and my soul at peace. I said a little prayer of thanksgiving to God for the food and beautiful day and watched the green leaves of the nearby trees dancing in the breeze. As I was taking another bite of biscuit I noticed a little bird flying from the trees to the parking lot looking for any crumbs it could find. It was so small and yet so beautiful. I watched it for a minute searching for food and then heard the gentle voice of my Heavenly Father in my heart and mind, "No act of sharing is ever insignificant in my sight," it said. I smiled when I heard this. Then I tore off a piece of my daily bread and tossed it to the bird. It hopped over, grabbed it with its beak and flew away.

I drove away laughing and spent the rest of the day with a little more joy in my heart. My sharing had done even more for me than it had for the bird. It had reunited me with myself. It had brought me closer to God. It had reminded me that in the busyness of our days here, it is our little acts of kindness and our little moments of love that are the most important things of all.

We are all put here to love. We are to love God. We are to love ourselves. We are to love everyone as ourselves. We are to love life. We are to love this world and all its creatures. No act of love is ever too small either. Even a piece of bread is priceless in the eyes of Heaven.

"Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything--all she had to live on." (Mark 12:43)

By: Joseph J. Mazzella

Announcement:

Ever wonder about the Omniscience of God? Ever wonder if little acts of obedience are important? Check out the mini-series, "Omniscient God" by clicking here.
©Copyright 2011 Answers2Prayer | Matt 10:8 "Freely you have received, freely give."
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 20 Jun 2015, 11:46 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
June 20, 2015
Revisiting the Well

By Answers2Prayer 
"From there they went to Beer, which is the well where the LORD said to Moses, 'Gather the people together, and I will give them water.'" (Num 21:16)

As a result of their disobedience, the Children of Israel spent 40 years wandering in the wilderness. We don't have very many specifics about these 40 years, but as I read the above text the other day, which, incidentally, I found in the midst of a passage that talks about Israel moving from one place to another about...say...eight or nine times, it drew my attention. This one place, called "Beer" was not a new place for Israel. It was, in fact, a place where God had previously provided them with a miracle, a miracle of water.

As we read through the history of these 40 years of wandering in the wilderness, we see that the people complained many times about the lack of water (Ex 15:22, 17:1; Num 5:9, 20:2, 21:5, 33:14, to name a few), and each time God provided them with water in a miraculous way. I find it interesting that God then brings them back to one of the spots where they had experienced this water miracle.

What can we learn from this verse?

When you are given a bad medical diagnosis, or when you lose a job, or when there are problems with family and loved ones, it seems very much like you have arrived in a dry, dessert place with absolutely no hope on the horizon! God is trying to teach us an important lesson through this brief verse about Israel revisiting a spot where He had miraculously provided them with water: During the times when there doesn't seem to be much hope, we need to go back and revisit the times in our lives when God has miraculously provided for us! 

We all have a few of those times stored away in our memories. In fact, if we look back over other rough times in our lives, we see that every time we've needed His strength, He's come through for us. Spending time contemplating these past miracles will strengthen our faith and help us to look to Him instead of to our negative circumstances, and when we do this, we open the door for more and more miracles of God. 

Feeling down? Discouraged? Angry? Feeling like you can't keep on keeping on? Revisit the well! Spend some time today meditating on the times when God has been there for you. You'll be amazed at how much stronger you will feel!

In His love,
Lyn

Lyn Chaffart, Speech-Language Pathologist, mother of two, Author -- "Aboard God's Train -- A Journey With God Through the Valley of Cancer", Author and Moderator for The Nugget, a tri-weekly internet newsletter, and Scriptural Nuggets, a website devoted to Christian devotionals and inspirational poems, with Answers2Prayer Ministries. Follow Lyn on Twitter @lynchaffart.

Announcement:

The early church united in prayer, and as a result, miracles upon miracles happened. Sadly, that unity experienced by the early church has been shredded in modern times by differences of opinion and doctrinal disputes. Just what does the Bible have to say about doctrine? Check out the mini-series, "True Doctrine: A Pentacost Message"!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 19 Jun 2015, 10:21 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

June 18, 2015
What to do Before Going Under the Knife

By Answers2Prayer 
  "You look fabulous," the doctor's nurse said when I went for a post-operative appointment. As all procedures go, this one had its risks, bleeding, infection, etc.

I was awake during the procedure. With a local anesthetic to numb the identified area, I lay on the procedure chair. And while a bright, hot light shone on my face, I asked, "Before you begin, could I ask a favor?"

The doctor and nurse halted their moves. "Sure."

"Would you allow me to pray?"

When they agreed, I began: "Lord, give this doctor wisdom," I said out loud, "use her to perform the work that will bring you glory. In Jesus' name."

Risking appearing overly religious, I confess, prayer for me has become as natural as breathing. As quick as a reflex, and as common as smiling.

I went home. They said there would be pain and I'd need medication. There was no pain. They said there would be bruising. There was none.

Fast forward one week. I sat on the examining chair. "You heal beautifully," the doctor said, "I can't take credit for that."

So what do you think, friends? Whether minor procedures, or major tragedies, does God get the credit for results that exceed everyone's expectations?

He promised and declared, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say To this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." (Matthew 21:21-22).

Father, I ask you to help me to continue to believe. Guard my heart from the temptation to doubt. In Jesus' name, amen.

* What have you asked the Lord lately?

* Are you counting on His intervention at every turn?

* How deep is your faith that He will answer?

Janet Eckles

If this message resonated with you, please visit Janet's cyberspace home for more inspiration. 

Announcement:

It is never easy to do what is right, but it is always the right thing to do. But what if doing what is right gets you into trouble? What then?  Check out "Yes Boss!!!" a mini-series by Brother Suresh Manoharan, designed to help us understand the importance of doing the right thing, as well as the ultimate blessings that will result!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 17 Jun 2015, 9:20 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

June 16, 2015
The Secret to Eternal Life

By Answers2Prayer 
  The secret to eternal life. That sounds like the title for a sermon, doesn't it? Definitely something you would hear in church, or perhaps a title to a book in a Christian book store. Therefore, you can imagine my surprise when I read it in a completely different context: The national news!

Yes, it would appear that mankind is close to developing the cure for the age-old problem of...Aging! In as little as 24 months and with as little as four injections a year, not only will the aging process be stopped, but it will be reversed, and the only way to tell the difference in a 30 year-old and a 90-year-old is to ask them their birthdate. This 'miracle' drug is even purported to have caused cancerous tumors to shrink up to 70%! 

Sounds pretty much like science fiction, doesn't it? Would it sound more plausible if I mentioned that this is the combined work of two Nobel Prize winners? 

However I did forget to mention that this news report was aired on a financial program, and it was well proclaimed that one company was receiving the funding for the research...In other words, a good company to invest in...

I don't know if this is all true or not, and it's not the point of this devotional. It all got me thinking, however. Do I really want to live forever on this Earth? Remember the extent of the evil before the flood when people habitually lived 900+ years? And if everyone lived forever, what about over population? What about food shortages? Just where would technology take us? What about crime? Evil intent? There would simply be no end to these things. 

No, though I must apologize to all those who look at the cure for aging as being a distinct answer to prayer, I must say that the thought of living forever on this Earth is not an appealing one to me.

But wait. Is the world only just now beginning to understand the key to eternal life? 

The God of this universe gave us the key 2000 years ago. He sent His Son to live among us, to be ridiculed, to be spat upon, to die a criminal's death; and worse, even though He is alive, the majority of the world continues to ridicule Him. Even those who purport to follow Him use Him for their own advantage, take His holy name in vain, proclaim that He isn't who He says He is, that He didn't create the Earth in the way His Word said He did, etc. Yet, besides all of that, He unlocked the secret to life eternal in His death and resurrection, and as a result of His gift on the cross, anyone who believes in Him will have life eternal: "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16 NKJV)

And that life eternal will not be in a sinful world. It will be with Jesus, the One who made it all possible: "The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly." (John 10:10 NKJV) There will be no world hunger or over population. There will be no rise in crime, no more evil intent. Instead, the life eternal offered to us by Jesus Christ is a life in paradise.

As for the secret for reversing the aging process and obtaining life eternal on this sinful planet? More power to them. For me, however, the only eternal life I wish to obtain comes from my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ!

In His love,
Lyn 

Lynona Gordon Chaffart, Speech-Language Pathologist, mother of two, Author -- "Aboard God's Train -- A Journey With God Through the Valley of Cancer", Author and Moderator for The Nugget, a tri-weekly internet newsletter, and Scriptural Nuggets, a website devoted to Christian devotionals and inspirational poems, with Answers2Prayer Ministries. Follow Lyn on Twitter @lynchaffart.

Announcement:

Do you have a prayer request? Do you know someone who needs to be prayed for? Prayer works! The Bible confirms this in James 5:16: "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (NIV) Send your prayer request here and let us pray in agreement with you! Matt 18:20: "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (NIV) Hallelujah!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 14 Jun 2015, 9:57 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

June 13, 2015
A Time for Every Purpose

By Answers2Prayer 
  "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven..." (Eccl 3:1, NKJV)

My cat has a new "favourite" spot: Between my eyes and the computer screen! There are only two things that will make her go away: Throwing her off, or allowing her to suck up what precious little time I have by petting her. 

As I think about this, I realize there are always things competing for my time: Work, family, ministry, home and yard work, to name a few. 

Worry and concern also fall into this category, as do all types of stress. Think about it: There is nothing more time-consuming than the worry about finances, than trying to repair broken relationships, than dealing with health issues, disease, cancer, etc. In fact, we are often forced to take a break from life in order to have time for to deal with these problems, and this is to say nothing of the fact that worry and stress can suck up the rest of our lives. 

A bit more complicated than scratching the cat's ears until she moves on, isn't it?

But is the time that the problems of life demand of us really wasted?

When I was diagnosed with cancer in 2012, I initially saw my forced "break" from life as a total waste of time. As the "monster" continued to suck up all of my time and energy, however, I began to realize something very important: I now had time to "stop and smell the roses!" With my treatment and rehabilitation demanding physical rest, I began to notice, perhaps for the first time ever, the flowers (most would call them "weeds") in my lawn! Beautiful! And the little hummingbird. I never even knew she was coming to my feeder. 

Suddenly the people in my life also became so much more meaningful. With the cancer-stress dictating that I no longer crazily ran around trying to feed all the "time monsters," my relationships strengthened and deepened. 

Perhaps the most important thing that came from the fact that this worry ate up all my time was that I had the time to grow and strengthen my relationship with God. I learned to trust Him for everything. I learned to leave worry completely in His hands. 

In the end, God provided me just the right amount of time off work to regain my strength. When I was able to return to all the former things that historically had always vied for my time, I found that the valuable lessons God taught me through the time-monster of cancer stayed with me. I began leaving all my worries in his hands, even the time-worries, and as a result, though my responsibilities haven't lessened, I still have time to stop and smell the roses! 

Is it for nothing that Jesus tells us to, "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest" (Matt 11:28, NKJV)? Remember, there is no trial or bad circumstance that you and I are going through that God hasn't allowed; and when we give Him all the worry, all the time concerns of whatever it is we're going through, He will, indeed, make, "everything beautiful in its time" (Eccl 3:11, NKJV)!

Let's remember that, "To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven," (Eccl 3:1, NKJV). Whatever it is that you are going through right now, give it to Jesus. Let Him carry the burden, and be prepared to "sit down and smell the roses."

Oh, an Oreole family has moved into my back yard this summer, bringing me hours of joy. I wonder if I would have even noticed them before cancer "ate" up all my time... 

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

Do you have a prayer request? Do you know someone who needs to be prayed for? Prayer works! The Bible confirms this in James 5:16: "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (NIV) Send your prayer request here and let us pray in agreement with you! Matt 18:20: "For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them." (NIV) Hallelujah!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 12 Jun 2015, 8:27 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
June 11, 2015
Big Monster Feet

By Answers2Prayer 
"He who watches over you will not slumber." (Ps 121:3)

We had just been there earlier in the day, and I never noticed any monster clues. It did, though, look like a claw foot of a giant monster for sure, and a photo doesn't lie. Does it?

Where clay and rocky mountain riverbanks slide down to the water, someone with an active imagination might see monster things. I recall my dad looking at cloud formations, and pointing out animals, faces, and other images. He was creative and inventive with no doubt a good imagination. That was great in the daytime, but at night or in dim light it wasn't so terrific to see monsters in the crack of the closet door, coats on hangers and moving shadows. Nope, I was definitely not interested in seeing any monster feet.

Sometimes the enemy of our soul taunts us with scary monster tactics. The what-ifs are right up there, along with any number of fear tactics-none of which are real.

The reality is GOD. He's with us, He takes care of us, He watches over us, He saves us, and He will never ever leave us. He never takes a cat-nap, tunes out, or turns away.*

With all of that, any big monster feet that come after us can forget it and turn tail and run.

That's good news.

* "I lift up my eyes to the mountains-where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot slip-he who watches over you will not slumber;
indeed, he who watches over Israel will neither slumber nor sleep.
The Lord watches over you-the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
the sun will not harm you by day,nor the moon by night.
The Lord will keep you from all harm-he will watch over your life;
the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." (Psalm 121)

Inspirational Messages, Sally I. Kennedy 2014 

Announcement:

Hounded by problems? Have troubles become your "norm?" Do you find it hard to hold on to faith in the midst of dire need? God know! Check out Victory in Trouble, a 4-part mini-series by Lyn Chaffart, designed to help you be victorious through your troubled times.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 10 Jun 2015, 11:01 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
June 9, 2015
Finding Joy and Fulfillment
bible
By Answers2Prayer 
I wore my red suit and sat at the head table in the elegant conference room at the Coronado Springs Resort in Disney World. But rather than relish on the lovely setting or delight in the scrumptious food, my mind was distracted. As their keynote speaker for the evening, I was asking God for wisdom as I mentally rehearsed the beginning of my talk, the stories to follow, and the props I'd be using. At the end of my presentation, to my joy and God's honor, someone told me the audience gave me a standing ovation (I wouldn't know--drawbacks of being blind).

But this year, the story changed. I was invited as a guest. That meant no keynote message, no rehearsing, no tension. That's why you see me in this picture, ready to dive into that delicious dessert--pure delight!

We all need to do that sometimes--look back at the past, to appreciate the now. I did that very thing again the other day.

I sighed thinking of how God ushered me from the place I was spiritually to where He brought me now.

I had been in a pitiful place. Back then, I held distorted beliefs--I placed faith in my religion, believed that rituals would bring me security, and man-made doctrines would guide my path.
Oh, friends, it gets better. I even embraced the foolish notion that my religion was better than other Christ-believing denominations. In doing so, I violated God's Word in James 4:11-12.

That kind of ignorant notion combined with pride was what God calls, disgraceful and detestable. "The LORD detests all the proud of heart. When pride comes, then comes disgrace..." (Proverbs 16:5).

But as always, He provides an answer: "...but with humility comes wisdom" (Proverbs 11:2b).
If I were to give you a secret to happiness, fulfillment and profound joy, it's in humility. If we humble ourselves enough to recognize that we're no better than others, that we can do nothing on our own, and that without Jesus, we're helpless in this dark world, then humility turns to gratitude--to recognize that through Christ and Him alone, we can achieve all, conquer the deepest fear, climb the highest mountains and defeat any giant that robs our peace.

Father, thank You for setting me free from destructive pride. And in that freedom I found the gift of humility--to rely on You, to lean on You and when facing dark moments, to receive from You triumph, peace and security. In Jesus' name, amen.

* How do you define pride?

* Where or in whom do you place your faith?

* Have you found the joy of humility?

Janet Eckles

If this message resonated with you, please visit Janet's cyberspace home for more inspiration.
Announcement:

Sometime early in His ministry, Jesus had an interesting encounter with a Pharisee named Nicodemus. We aren't told much about this particular Pharisee, but Jesus' short encounter with him, recorded in John 3:3-20, is packed with essential life-giving nuggets of Truth. Please check out "Jesus and Nicodemus," A Study on Rebirth!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 07 Jun 2015, 9:58 pm

June 6, 2015
The Years the Locust Ate

By Answers2Prayer 
  "So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, The crawling locust, The consuming locust, And the chewing locust, My great army which I sent among you." (Joel 2:25, NKJV)

When I read this verse, I can't help but substitute words for "Locust." Words like "cancer," "loss of jobs," "relationship problems," "lack of finances," etc.

Think about it: These problems and circumstances "swarm" all over us. In the case of medical concerns, they "crawl" through our bodies, "consuming" our organs, our bones, even our blood cells, "chewing away" at our health, our strength and our energy. In the case of other kinds of problems, the "crawl" through our families, "chewing away" at our relationships, our finances, our homes. But perhaps the worst part is that they also "crawl" all over our emotions, they "consume" our futures and "chew" away at our hope. 

But God has said, "I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten..."

For anyone who finds themselves in dire circumstances this week, this is the promise I challenge you to hold on to. God has not abandoned us to the "swarming locust" of problems. True enough, He has allowed it for awhile (note the end of the verse: "...My great army which I sent among you."), but this is not the end. No, not only does God promise us that He will "restore" the stolen years, but the promises do not stop here. Consider the preceding verses:

"Behold, I will send you grain and new wine and oil, And you will be satisfied by them; I will no longer make you a reproach among the nations. But I will remove far from you the northern army, And will drive him away into a barren and desolate land...Fear not, O land; Be glad and rejoice, For the LORD has done marvelous things! Do not be afraid, you beasts of the field; For the open pastures are springing up, And the tree bears its fruit; The fig tree and the vine yield their strength. Be glad then, you children of Zion, And rejoice in the LORD your God; For He has given you the former rain faithfully, And He will cause the rain to come down for you--The former rain, And the latter rain in the first month. The threshing floors shall be full of wheat, And the vats shall overflow with new wine and oil." (Joel 2:19-24, NKJV)

And if this promise isn't encouraging enough..."You shall eat in plenty and be satisfied, And praise the name of the LORD your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you; And My people shall never be put to shame." (Joel 2:26-27, NKJV)!

Take courage my friends. Trials, problems and circumstances do not have the last word. God does! And God has promised to restore what the locust of problems has eaten.

Is this just an automatic promise? What needs to happen to set this promise into motion?

Joel 2 has the answer to that question as well: "Let the priests, who minister to the LORD, Weep between the porch and the altar; Let them say, 'Spare Your people, O LORD...'" (Joel 2:17, NKJV).

It takes intermediary prayer to set this all into motion! We simply need to ask God! Or, as it is so aptly stated in another place, "...you do not have because you do not ask" (Jas 4:2, NKJV)!

Friends, the "locust" of trials can eat away our hope. It can swarm our lives and consume our health, but God has promised to restore, as long as we ask. Will you join me in standing up and pleading the case of each person who reads this devotional? Each person who has been diagnosed with cancer or other equally horrible medical diagnoses? Who has lost a job or a beloved family member? Who is in dire financial straits? Let's join together in asking God to restore, to spare His people, to not let them succumb to the "reproach" of their trials. For in the end, God has promised to "restore what the swarming locust has eaten!"

Father God, we come to You, and we "Weep between the porch and the altar." We beg You Lord, "Spare Your people." Keep Your promise, oh God, and restore to us "the years that the swarming locust has eaten..." In the precious name of Jesus, Amen.

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Jun 2015, 8:15 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
June 4, 2015
Of Covenant and the Pentacost, Part 6
By Answers2Prayer 

In our Final Study on the Biblical Covenants, we come to the concluding portion on the subtleties of the New Covenant of Grace...

e) Internal... 

No external bodily sign here please (Leviticus 12:3) but it's all about bearing the Sign of Cross on one's heart (Gal 2:20, Gal 6:14-15). 

f) Indwell... 

Jews under the Sinai Covenant prided in constructing the Temple for God (nothing wrong about it), where His Holy Presence would dwell...now how's this for some real humbling...a Christian's body itself is a Temple for God in which God's Holy Spirit lives (1 Cor 3:16)!!! 

g) Intimate...

This Covenant leads one into such an intimate Father-Son relationship with the Lord (Romans 8:15-17) that "intimation" of the Father's pleasure or displeasure over a Christian's action can easily be discerned by the latter. God forbid that we grieve His Spirit (Eph 4:30), but we still do it sometimes is it not...even unconsciously? Whatever be the wrong step that grieves the Master's spirit, a Christian once convicted of the same is well-advised to adopt "a stitch a time saves nine policy" lest a painful chastisement comes his way (Heb 12:5-13). Our Lord is very sweet and oh, so loving, but can be very severe with the perpetual offenders. 

h) Invigorating... 

When the Living waters (it needs to be experienced, that's all -- John 7:37) are flowing in one's spirit, if it is not invigorating experience all the way, then what is it? Talk of having a 7-Star Hotel experience 24*7...mind you this invigorating experience begins the moment one receives Christ and starts walking spiritually in the reverential fear of the Lord (Acts 9:31) and not after some ethereal experiences like speaking in tongues edifying as they are in themselves. 

In conclusion, permit me to pose a question...dear reader, are you already enjoying to the hilt the blessings of the New Covenant through Christ? If yes, utter a loud Hallelujah and be burdened to bring others living outside this blessed Covenant under the same, otherwise without delaying, go for it! Amen and Amen.

Prayer: Father, what a Blessed Covenant of Grace You have given to us through Your Son. Even as we awestruck by Your Sovereign Wisdom, enable us to keep our side of the this Covenant faithfully. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

Suresh Manoharan
An unworthy servant
J and SM Ministries
Announcement:

Do you ever wonder how the devil succeeds in trapping so many of God's children? Check out CHECKMATE! A mini-series by Brother Suresh Manoharan designed to help us recognize and avoid the of the traps devil!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 03 Jun 2015, 10:15 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

June 2, 2015
Potholes

By Answers2Prayer 
I found myself driving the curvy road near my home slower than usual this morning. My eyes were open as wide as I could get them and I was scanning the road as intently as I could. I was swerving my car to the left and to the right. No, I wasn't drunk, sick, or sleepy. I was just trying to miss all of the potholes. An especially brutal Winter had produced a bumper crop of them this year.

As I rounded a curve I saw one that I couldn't miss. I hit it with a jarring thud and in a moment of anger one of those words I try never to use anymore slipped out of my mouth. I shook my head and slowed down even more. As I rounded another curve I saw a man in the road and slowed to a stop. He was directing traffic while his work crew was throwing shovels of asphalt into the worst of the potholes. I smiled at them all and gave them a little wave as I drove on. I knew that their patch job wouldn't last for long but was grateful that it was at least making the road a bit smoother for now.

As we all travel down the road of life we can't help but see that in places it is full of potholes. Pains and problems, difficulties and troubles, challenges and obstacles, sickness and death all lie along that rough road. There is no way to ignore them. There is no way to avoid them. There is no way to travel around them. What we are left with then is a choice. We can curse their existence and rail at God and life or we can take a shovel full of kindness, a shovel full of joy, and a shovel full of love and do our best to fill them in. We can work and pray and have faith that we are making the road a little less rough for those who follow us. And we can remember that while God didn't promise us a smooth road in this life He did promise to help us to smooth the road ourselves, one pothole at a time.

"Be strong and of good courage, do not fear nor be afraid of them; for the Lord your God, He is the One who goes with you. He will not leave you nor forsake you." (Deut 31:6)

By: Joseph J. Mazzella
Announcement:

With Pentecost Sunday just finished, please join us on Thursdays for the completion of a special series on this all-important day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 31 May 2015, 6:26 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
May 30, 2015
Walking the Fine Line
bible
By Answers2Prayer 
This is dedicated to anyone out there who isn't sure how to walk the fine line between pride and poor self-esteem...

As I read the encouraging words in the email, I could feel the twangs of emergence as my archenemy, "Pride" began to show its ugly head. 

You see, pride is one of those deeply-rooted demons that controlled my thoughts and actions my entire life, and though it has, by the power of Jesus' blood, been renounced, it continues to take advantage of every possible opportunity to remind me of its presence and the stronghold it was once allowed to have on my life. 

I immediately renounced that pride, but I knew the battle wasn't yet over, and I'm sorry to admit that over the course of the next few hours, every time I stopped focusing 100% on Jesus, I would remember this particular email, and my old nemesis would again show its blood-stained claws and teeth. I don't know how many times I renounced pride that day, but I kept on fighting the good fight, and by keeping my eyes fixed on Jesus, it was kept at bay. 

It wasn't until the next morning, however, that my pride became bound for good on this topic. You see, there was a question left unresolved, and this question served to provide the foothold that this ugly demon needed to keep hounding me: "Is there anything wrong with feeling good about something you've accomplished?"

Whoa. Now there's a loaded question! Not feeling good about something you've done is usually a recipe for poor self-esteem, another of hell's ferocious warriors. 

But when feeling good about something baits pride, what is the solution? 

God gave me the answer that morning, and He did so by first of all cutting through my pride completely: 

"As it is written: 'There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one; Their throat is an open tomb; with their tongues they have practiced deceit; The poison of asps is under their lips; Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness. Their feet are swift to shed blood; Destruction and misery are in their ways; And the way of peace they have not known. There is no fear of God before their eyes.'" (Romans 3:10-18 NKJV) 

The farther I read in this passage, the worse I felt, and the lower my self-esteem dropped. All of it is true! I can't deny that this is a perfect description of--me! 

But wait: This text speaks of the "me-in-the-flesh," the "me-in-the-raw," the "completely naked me!" Of my own, I have no understanding. I don't even seek God. I do no good thing, my throat is like an open tomb, my tongue prattles lies, I spew forth poison from my mouth! 

But there is another me, one that is saved under the blood of Jesus, one that is covered with His robe of righteousness, and this me seeks God. This me does good, speaks life into people, and shows others the way of life: "For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels." (Isa 61:10 NKJV). 

So which "me" merits praise? 

The second one, of course. 

But the second "me" isn't me at all. It's Jesus shining through me. Any good thing I have ever done in my life has been thanks to Him and Him alone! 

Yet despite this, I can still feel good about myself. 

Why? 

Because I made the choice to be covered by Jesus' robe of righteousness. Because He sees me as a lump of clay worthy of refining and shaping! 

Okay, but what should I to do with compliments? I mean, how should I respond when someone reaches out in love to encourage me? 

I realized that morning that I have a choice to make. In the face of praise, I can choose to stand up and absorb that praise, and this way those around me know that "I" did a good deed, or I can kneel down, point my hand to Jesus, and let the praise flow through me to Him, the One who truly deserves it.

When I make the first choice, I am falling into the grasp of pride; but when I make the second choice, although a feeling of the utmost good self-esteem washes over me, Jesus is the one illuminated and pride is forever bound on that subject. 

We can thus walk the fine line between pride and poor self-esteem by being the vessel that points all praise to Jesus. And friends, there is no better sense of self-worth than when you have accomplished something for the Lord, and then give Him the praise! 

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

The book of John is packed full of life-giving nuggets of Truth. We invite you to read previously-published devotionals from the Book of John by clicking here. Beginning next week, a new mini-series based on another of Jesus' famous discourses recorded in John, will be appearing in the Saturday editions of The Nugget. Please join us then for Studies from the Book of John, Study 4: The Bread of Life: A Study on True Christianity!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 27 May 2015, 7:56 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
May 26, 2015
Giants

By Answers2Prayer
  There was a "giant" in my back yard this week. My dog saw it and refused to go outside. 

Just what was this "giant?" 

Pouring, drenching, unending rain that fell all week!

As I pushing my dog to go out in the rain, I began to think about giants, these horribly big things in life that can so easily overcome us. That's when God laid the story of the first Israeli spies on my heart. 

When Israel arrived at the border to the Promised Land, God told Moses to send in a group of 12 spies to check out the land. 40 days later, they returned with their reports, but unfortunately, the reports were not so good: "...the people who dwell in the land are strong; the cities are fortified and very large; moreover we saw the descendants of Anak there..." (Num 13:28-29, NKJV).

For anyone unfamiliar with the name "Anak," Anak was a giant, and his descendants all took after him! In other words, when the spies looked out over the land, they saw--Giants! Not just "driving rain giants," but real, flesh and blood giants! 

I don't know about you, but I don't think I would want to live among giants, and neither did Israel: "We are not able to go up against the people, for they are stronger than we...The land through which we have gone as spies is a land that devours its inhabitants...and we were like grasshoppers in our own sight..." (Num 13:31-33, NKJV)

As a result the people rebelled, begging God to send them back to Egypt--back to slavery!--rather than to enter into this land of "giants." 

Have there been any "giants" in our lives this week, friends? "Giants" such as pain? Fear? Fatigue? Illness? Unknowns? What about the "giants" of relationship problems? Financial difficulties? Lack of food, water, shelter or medical help? Is there the "giant" of heartache and fear? Did we look out over the future and, like Israel of old, did we see it as a "land that devours its inhabitants?" 

Let's remember one thing: God knew the giants were in the land of Israel when He promised it to the people. He had a plan for those giants, for in the words of Caleb and Joshua, "Do not be afraid of the people of the land, because we will devour them. Their protection is gone, but the LORD is with us." (Num 14:9, NIV2)

When God foresaw whatever it is that we will face in our futures, He also foresaw the "giants." Let's remember that if the people of Israel had only put their trust in God, He would have overcome those giants; and in the same way, when we put our trust in His unfailing love, strength, peace, hope and grace, He will overcome our giants as well, for the Lord is with us! 

What do we need to do to not be overcome with fear in the face of our "giants?"

The answer comes from Hebrews: "Keep your eyes on Jesus, who both began and finished this race we're in. Study how he did it. Because he never lost sight of where he was headed--that exhilarating finish in and with God--he could put up with anything along the way: Cross, shame, whatever. And now he's there, in the place of honor, right alongside God. When you find yourselves flagging in your faith, go over that story again, item by item, that long litany of hostility he plowed through. That will shoot adrenaline into your souls!" (Heb 12:2-3, MSG) 

Let's agree together, friends, to keep our eyes upon Jesus, for only when we do will we succeed in not being overcome by our "giants!" 

Have a blessed week. 

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

As we come up to the season of Pentacost, please join us on Thursdays for a special series on this all-important day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 23 May 2015, 8:46 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
May 23, 2015
Building Solomon's Temple, Part 4: Building the Temple Proper

By Answers2Prayer 
  Last week, in Building Solomon's Temple, Part 3, we discovered that we need to make room for God in our heart-temples, and we need to lay a firm foundation for our heart-temples by following Jesus and obeying His commands. 

Does the building of the temple proper have lessons for us as well? 

It is interesting to note that in the accounts of the temple building, the writer did not separate the construction from its decoration: 

"The portico at the front of the temple was twenty cubits long across the width of the building and twenty cubits high. He overlaid the inside with pure gold. He paneled the main hall with juniper and covered it with fine gold and decorated it with palm tree and chain designs. He adorned the temple with precious stones..." (2Chr 3:4-6, NIV2)

Why is this significant? 

Because the temple wasn't just about walls. This perfect cube that was the most holy place, and the walls that made up the holy place, with the beautiful, elaborate curtain that separated the two, were there for one purpose: To reflect the glory of God. To best do so, they were overlaid with gold and precious stones. 

Our heart-temples need to serve exactly the same purpose: They need to reflect the glory of God. People are watching us, and it is by our actions that they will be drawn to Jesus. If our heart-temple walls are adequately covered with gold and precious stones, then they will reflect God's glory, and people will notice.

I've known and preached this for many years; but I have to admit that sometimes I have to wonder if all this "reflecting Jesus" really makes a difference. Just yesterday, I received an email from someone who was one of the first to know about my cancer in 2012. In her email, my friend stated that her own faith in God had been renewed and strengthened as a result of watching me go through cancer. Tears ran down my cheeks as I reread this, and I suddenly understood what it means to build and decorate the walls of my heart-temple: It means to live life in such a way that we are constantly reflecting Jesus. Even though we may sometimes fail, when God resides in our heart-temples, the world will not only see, but they will take notice. 

The next part of the construction involved the construction of the temple furnishings, and is described in 2 Chron. 4:1-8: "He made a bronze altar twenty cubits long, twenty cubits wide and ten cubits high. He made the Sea of cast metal...He then made ten basins for washing and placed five on the south side and five on the north...He made ten gold lampstands according to the specifications for them and placed them in the temple, five on the south side and five on the north. He made ten tables and placed them in the temple, five on the south side and five on the north. He also made a hundred gold sprinkling bowls." (2 Chr 4:1-8, NIV2) 

Though books could be written about the significance of each of these pieces of furniture, their importance to our heart-temples has already been addressed in great detail in the Wilderness Instructions mini-series (See Wilderness Instructions). However, we need to continually be reminded of the fact that our heart-temples are to reflect Jesus in every possible way. We are to be His lamps to the world. We are to feed the hungry, both spiritually and physically. We are to allow His salvation to work itself out in our lives. We are to be intercessors for the world. 

Friends, let us take seriously the construction of our heart-temples. Let us clear our heart of other concerns so that God can have ALL of it. Let us lay a firm foundation: Jesus Christ. Let us continually reside in His presence so that we can truly reflect Him to the World. Let us spread the gospel, feed the hungry, and pray for the world, for in so doing, we are truly allowing God's glory to reflect off our temples to the world. 

So far in this series of studies on the significance of temples in the Bible, we have looked at the tabernacle in the wilderness (See Wilderness Instructions), we have looked at Ezekiel's temple (See Lessons From Ezekiel's Temple) and the current study, Building Solomon's Temple. We are taught, however, that each of these earthly temples has been modeled after the Heavenly temple. Just what does the Bible have to say about this magnificent structure? Be sure to watch in the upcoming months for the mini-series that will complete this current temple series: The Heavenly Temple.  

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

What do culture and religion have to do with one another? Join us on Tuesdays for "Culture Close Up", a Mini-Series by Sister Elizabeth Price.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 22 May 2015, 10:41 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
May 21, 2015
Of Covenant and the Pentecost, Part 4

By Answers2Prayer 
Next in our study of the Biblical Covenants, let's go visiting the awesome Mount Sinai to focus upon the Mosaic Covenant...placed after the Davidic Covenant in our study though it preceded the latter in time...simply to facilitate better comparison of it with the New Covenant of Grace:

Sinai...

Now let's go visiting the awesome Mount Sinai to focus on the Mosaic Covenant...placed after the Davidic Covenant in our study though it preceded the latter in time...simply to facilitate better comparison of it with the New Covenant of Grace. 

If at all the well-meaning Canon classifiers had anything in mind when they went about their task of Canon classification (obviously during the reign and patronage of Roman Emperor Constantine in the 4th century AD), in labeling one entire section of the Bible as Old Testament, it is apparently this Covenant, which the Lord God made with the people of Israel at Mount Sinai (Exodus 19-20). It is to commemorate this Covenant fifty days after liberation from the Egyptian bondage that the festival of Pentecost was observed by the Jews on the day the Church was born (Acts 2:1-41). 

For all practical purposes, the overriding reason behind the classification and naming of one section of the Bible as Old Testament was to evidently portray the picture of the Law, symbolizing the Sinai Covenant and occupying most of the OT section, versus the Grace brought forth by the Saviour (John 1:17/ Acts 15:1-11-TLB) never better exemplified than in the Redeemer's delicate, balanced and adept handling of a case involving a woman caught in the act of adultery (John 8:1-11), saving her from the throes of painful death. 

The Sinai Covenant, like the one made with the sires of the human race, has ceased to exist. As per the Sovereign Divine will, it was replaced by a new and a better one, the one which was set in motion by Christ Himself, when He instituted a Sacrament better known as the Lord's Table, the night before His crucifixion (Matt 26:26-29). Before we finish with the subject of the Sinai Covenant, it would serve us well to observe four related facts: 

a) The Sacred Scripture spoke of it being replaced with a better one, even before the physical advent of Christ through the prophetical Books of Jeremiah (31:31-34), Isaiah (53) and Ezekiel (36:26). 

If we see the Father telling what the new covenant is all about in Jeremiah 31:31-34, we see the how the Son would bring the same into effect in Isaiah 53 (by His immeasurable suffering) and how the Holy Spirit would put the same into the hearts of men in Ezekiel 36:26. Hey, the Trinity in unity at work...as at all times throughout the Sacred Scripture. 

b) On the occasion that the Sinai Covenant was being birthed, about 3000 men died (Exodus 32:28) but when it's replacement was being confirmed (ironically on the Day the Jews were commemorating its birth-the Pentecost. See Lev 23:15-21) and sealed by the outpouring of the Holy Spirit on all the Apostles in the Upper room (Acts 2:1-12), about 3000 men were "saved" from the clutches of spiritual death-sin (Acts 2:41). Oh how true: The letter kills, but the Spirit gives life (2 Cor 3:6)! 

c) Though the popular 10 Commandments were given initially, other Laws were added in due course so much so that by the time the Jews crossed the River Jordan (Joshua 3) to possess the Promised Land, they had totally 613 Laws to obey. The Book-wise break these up as follows: Exodus 111, Leviticus 247, Numbers 53 and Deuteronomy 99, and even from Genesis (which actually contains history prior to birth of the mediator, Moses) 3. These Laws, covering every gamut of Jewish life and society and including that of personal hygiene, by themselves are good; but when the core matters of them are brought in touch with the innate, rebellious Adamic nature of man, they become an explosive mix much to our detriment, as Apostle Paul so clearly states: 

"Well then, am I suggesting that these laws of God are evil? Of course not! No, the law is not sinful, but it was the law that showed me my sin. I would never have known the sin in my heart--the evil desires that are hidden there--if the law had not said, 'You must not have evil desires in your heart.' But sin used this law against evil desires by reminding me that such desires are wrong, and arousing all kinds of forbidden desires within me! Only if there were no laws to break would there be no sinning." (Romans 7:7-8 TLB). 

Hear what another stalwart of the Early Church Apostle Peter has to say on the on the sheer impossibility of pleasing God by obeying the Law: 

"Brothers, you know that some time ago God made a choice among you that the Gentiles might hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. God, who knows the heart, showed that he accepted them by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as he did to us. He did not discriminate between us and them, for he purified their hearts by faith. Now then, why do you try to test God by putting on the necks of Gentiles a yoke that neither we nor our ancestors have been able to bear? No! We believe it is through the grace of our Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are." (Acts 15:7-11. 

Crux of the matter when it comes to Christians of the Grace dispensation is this: The Laws were essentially given to the Jews to make them Holy, but in the Grace era, the Holy Spirit itself is given to those who accept the Redemption plan of God through Christ making them at all times Holy. So is there any need for Laws now? No! 

d) Now coming to the shocker...The Sinai Covenant is applicable even today! But only for all those hard-hear ted ones who willfully wish to stay outside the "Grace of the New Covenant" (1 Tim 1:9-11).

Prayer: Father, we praise Thee for ushering in the New Covenant of Grace through Your Son. Enable us to be thankful to Thee for the same at all times. In Jesus' Name. Amen.

Suresh Manoharan
An unworthy servant
J and SM Ministries
Announcement:

Over the past two years, The Nugget has featured some series' on the temples in the Bible. (YOu can click here or here to access these series'.) After the construction of the tabernacle in the wilderness, the next set of instructions for temple building was for the construction of Solomon's temple. Join us on Saturdays for the next four weeks to look directly at the lessons that can be learned from Solomon and his temple construction, and what they mean for our heart-temples today.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 May 2015, 8:41 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

May 19, 2015
Culture Close Up, Part 6: Our Greatest Need

By Answers2Prayer 
 For centuries, the commentators on Scripture have been revered, and rightly so because they taught the great truths necessary for their times. They are great examples of how an understanding of Scripture and the culture of Christianity became known again in a very dark world. They expounded parts of Scripture that had been hidden from ordinary people and were lost or obscured through the years. 

That expansion of the knowledge of Scripture has proceeded through a number of centuries since the I AM became Jesus and has been made available to vast numbers of people. In countries where Christianity is the accepted culture, the knowledge exploded. 

Growing knowledge does inevitably give greater emphasis to certain points and the dynamic point for our generation and our times becomes clearer. 

However, the abuse of Christian culture and enmity against it is now more strident than ever. It is coming even from within its own walls and the early history of our beginning is mocked and its culture ridiculed. The history of Moses and the writings inspired by the Lord are dismissed scornfully as cave man mentality. 

Disbelief in the Scriptures has added an urgency as never before to know what applies in Scripture to our specific time.

Jesus reiterated the necessity of restoring Christian culture when what He said in Jeremiah 31:33 to His people, and repeats to His people in Hebrews 8:10 and 10:16 after His death and resurrection. He said, "This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them." He was making a cultural statement, not a religious one. Jesus longs to restore the law and identity of the original culture of this world. 

His reiterates it when He said near the end of the Scriptures He is "the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last. Blessed are they that do his commandments that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city," (Revelation 22:13,14). It is a statement of culture.

He has fulfilled all the requirements for our restoration, but now we hear with sickening frequency, the challenge to His authority. So often it is those who have not given proper contemplation to the Scriptures who say, "I would believe in God if he showed Himself to me." 
And it is the most dangerous thought in the world. Do you know why it is so dangerous? It is because of a warning given in Scripture that Satan shows himself pretending to be Christ.

Paul clearly warns about this deception in his address to the Corinthians. He warns that Satan and false teachers will "show themselves" to society. Paul said, "For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ. And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light. Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of unrighteousness; whose end shall be according to their works," (2nd Corinthians 11:13-15). 

Jesus Himself first gave the warning to His disciples when He said "for there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect." (Matthew 24:24). 

2nd Thessalonians 2:9 also warns that a false one will appear to do the things that Christ did, and people will be deceived because "they received not the love of the truth," (verse 11).

The necessity for our times is to understand the love for God and the cultural truth He presents through history. Without such love, we are told, many will believe that Satan, the imposter, is the Christ and many will be lost "because they believed not the love of the truth, that they might be saved," (2nd Thessalonians 2:10). Our greatest challenge is to understand the love our Lord requires of each of us.

My deepest prayer is that you and I will accept His challenge to have a love for God that has no boundaries. Is that your prayer too?

Elizabeth Price

Announcement:

As we come up to the season of Pentacost, please join us on Thursdays for a special series on this all-important day.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 17 May 2015, 11:37 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
May 16, 2015
Building Solomon's Temple, Part 3: Of Location and Foundation

By Answers2Prayer 
Last week, in Building Solomon's Temple, Part 2, we discovered that we prepare the building of our heart-temples by giving of all that is precious to us to the Lord. But are there lessons we can learn from the actual construction of Solomon's temple?

Every new home owner has likely heard it said that the three most important things to think about when buying your new home are: location, location, and location!

It was no different in Solomon's day. Location was absolutely everything, and Solomon knew it: "Then Solomon began to build the temple of the LORD in Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, where the LORD had appeared to his father David. It was on the threshing floor of Araunah the Jebusite, the place provided by David." (2Chr 3:1, NIV2) 

But wait. Aren't our heart-temples supposed to be built in our hearts? 

Exactly! Location is everything! Just like Solomon was careful to build the temple in the exact location where God had appeared to his father, we must also build our heart-temples in the place where God appears to us: In our hearts! 

Notice that Solomon didn't just build the temple on a corner of what had been Araunah's threshing floor. He took the whole area. The problem with our hearts is that they are usually too full of worldly things to allow for them to become God's primary residence. Though most of us give Him a tiny bit of room, the pursuits of worldly wealth and happiness often occupy the most important parts. Just as Solomon took the whole of Araunah's threshing floor, we need to make God our first priority. 

How do we do this? 

Jesus gives us some practical advice: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me." (Matt 16:24, NIV2); and "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." (Matt 19:21, NIV2)

Thus, to make room for God in our heart-temples, we need to rid ourselves of what is important to us and give to the poor. 

After carefully choosing the location of the temple, Solomon set about its construction. We see that he did this in several parts:
1. Foundation (2 Chr 3:3, NIV2)
2. Walls, Rooms, and Decor (2 Chr 3:8)
3. Courtyard (2 Chr 4:9)
4. Furnishings (2 Chr 3:4-5, 4:1-7)

Today we will look at the first part of the construction, the foundation: "The foundation Solomon laid for building the temple of God was sixty cubits long and twenty cubits wide (using the cubit of the old standard)." (2 Chr 3:3, NIV2)

No one would risk putting hours of work into building a house if it lacks a solid, immovable foundation. In fact, the foundation is so important that Jesus gave us a parable to help us understand: "...a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built...a man...built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete." (Luke 6:48,49)

What is this "firm foundation" for our heart temples? 

The answer is Jesus! "Why do you call me, 'Lord, Lord,' and do not do what I say? As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock." (Luke 6:48, NIV2)

Friends, when we build our lives upon Jesus, carefully following all of His teachings, we are building our heart-temples upon the Solid Rock that will prevail against any storm of life. 

Please join us next week to see what we can learn from Solomon's construction of the walls, the courtyard, the decor and the furniture: Building Solomon's Temple, Part 4. 

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

What do culture and religion have to do with one another? Join us on Tuesdays for "Culture Close Up", a Mini-Series by Sister Elizabeth Price.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 15 May 2015, 7:14 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

bible
May 14, 2014
Of Covenant and the Pentecost, Part 3
bible
By Answers2Prayer Subscribe Unsubscribe Devotionals Contact us
In the third part of our Chronological study of the Biblical Covenants, today we focus on two more of them...mind you they are as valid today as they were on the day they were birthed...

Seed...

Dear readers, bear with me as I stick to the Wycliffe Bible translation for maintaining consistency...here goes...welcome aboard the time machine in going back in time to the evolution of the English language. Quite a challenge it is, isn't it, coming to grips with a style of language that is almost extinct, but the challenge worth its semantic salt to simply prove...Biblical covenants have all been there all along! 

"And anon the word of the Lord was made to him, and said, 'This shall not be thine heir, but thou shalt have him heir, that shall go out of thy womb. (And at once the word of the Lord came to him, saying, Nay, he shall not be thy heir, but thou shalt have an heir who shall come from thy womb.) And the Lord led out Abram, and said to him, Behold thou (the) heaven(s), and number the stars, if thou mayest. And the Lord said to Abram, So THY SEED shall be. (And the Lord led Abram outside, and said to him, Look thou up at the night sky, and count the stars, if thou mayest. And then the Lord said to Abram, So shall be thy descendants.)" (Genesis 15:4-5 WYC) 

Coming to the Apostle Paul's stand on this subject... 

"Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, and to thy seed, which is Christ. And this I say, that the covenant, that was confirmed before of God in Christ, the law, which was four hundred and thirty years after, cannot disannul, that it should make the promise of none effect." (Gal 3:16-17 WYC) 

To state that that the Covenant the Almighty made with Abraham regarding Christ, guaranteeing the great Patriarch innumerable "spiritual descendents" through the Promised Messiah, is still binding, would be a case of stating the obvious. Now for a lesson within a lesson. In Galatians 3:29, the inspired author goes on to affirm that because of this Abrahamic covenant, Christians are in a position to claim all the promises of both Old and New Testaments. So is this one more reason to praise our Covenant making and Covenant keeping God for this still valid Covenant? Certainly!

Supreme...

"...thy throne shall be steadfast continually (and thy throne shall be established forever). By all these words, and by all this revelation, so Nathan spake to David." (2 Sam 7:16-17 WYC) 

Subsequent to His Second Coming, it is by the virtue of this very much valid Davidic covenant, that Jesus the Son of David would reign supreme from Jerusalem during the Millennial age (Rev 20/ Psalm 2). Unbiased Bible reading would lead all the rational souls to a conclusion that in the commonly called Old Testament section there is a Covenant which is not only in vogue but also "futuristic" in its outlook. 

Prayer: Father, how we look forward to Your Son's reign in this World, when there would be universal peace and "Your will would be done on Earth as it is in Heaven". Come, Lord Jesus, to reign supreme in our hearts first and then in this World. Amen. 

Suresh Manoharan
An unworthy servant
J and SM Ministries
Announcement:

Over the past two years, The Nugget has featured some series' on the temples in the Bible. (You can click here or here to access these series'.) After the construction of the tabernacle in the wilderness, the next set of instructions for temple building was for the construction of Solomon's temple. Join us on Saturdays for the next four weeks to look directly at the lessons that can be learned from Solomon and his temple construction, and what they mean for our heart-temples today.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 May 2015, 10:14 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
May 12, 2015
Culture Close Up, Part 5: No Boundries

By Answers2Prayer 
The establishment of this world and the Garden of Eden followed logical steps emphasizing equal but specific points. 

Religions arise when specific points of culture are emphasized unequally and one point is deemed important above others. 

This is what happened when the original culture of the world and its inhabitants was violated. After sin entered, but before Christ came as the second Adam, the main emphasis was on sacrifice. And rightly so. A death and the shedding of blood of one of God's created creatures showed what must happen to provide covering for violating the culture of the Kingdom of God. 

God's continued companionship was built into worship around the belief that sin would be placed upon a sacrifice provided by God and it demonstrated that God's love has no boundaries.

Sacrifice was integral to the prayers, the hopes and the peace of those who believed, and the Lord made it formally central when He established the Kingdom of Israel. It was enshrined in worship and in seeking forgiveness for sin.

After Christ came, knowing that He was the sacrifice to cover mankind's sin and that symbolic sacrifice would then cease, He centered religion on the bread and the wine to demonstrate faith in His sacrifice; and on baptism to demonstrate faith that our sinfulness will be entirely washed away so that we may enter the presence of God the Father. 

Religions centering on these practices is not an altered culture. They are enshrined in religion to enable our original culture to be restored. When the true sacrifice came and Christ was slain, mankind could see how he could be restored to the image of God as he was at the beginning. 

The huge steps in these beliefs and in getting the news out to all people of the earth led to various aspects being emphasized as multitudes grew in their understanding. Where Christianity is the culture of the nation, religion is not static. 

It must be a continual growing for us to understand more of what it means. Until the washing away of sin is completed in reality, we remain forgiven sinful beings seeking to be more like God.

As we grow, we begin to see, for instance, the link between God's saying "Let there be light," in the first verses of Genesis until it comes alive when Jesus said, "I am the light of the world." (John 8:12). We also look with more understanding of the One who spoke to Moses at the burning bush and when Moses asked His name, the Lord replied "I AM THAT I AM." (Exodus 3:14), giving His name as "I AM." 

Again Jesus harmonizes Scripture and refers to himself as "I am" when He said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6). He is the light of our world, He is God and He is the way for us to come back to our beginning. Jesus is the I AM of the Old Testament and of the New Testament.

The more one understands the links in Scripture, the greater one's appreciation for our incredible God and the more one longs to be restored to the likeness of Him.

However, and it must be emphasized, it must never mean that everybody has to fully understand everything to have salvation. Jesus showed quite clearly that the simple faith of a child is sufficient and a child is a follower of its teacher. All the knowledge and all the academic understanding in the world never eclipses the simplicity of believing good teachings. 

Our greatest joy is in contemplating of God's presence with us in the Garden of Eden as it was in the beginning. And we will forever give thanks that His love has no boundaries.

Our Creator's love for us has no boundaries and it challenges us to examine our love for Him. Please pray for the peace He longs to re-instate.

Elizabeth Price

Announcement:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 May 2015, 9:24 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

May 9, 2015
Building Solomon's Temple, Part 2: Assembling the Materials

By Answers2Prayer 
 Last week, in Building Solomon's Temple, Part 1, we discovered the importance of the preparations we do for building our heart-temples. But just how can we prepare to build something as abstract as a "heart-temple?" 

We look to David and Solomon for the answers:

"With all my resources I have provided for the temple of my God..." (1 Chron 29:2) 

The temple was so important to David that he gave of his own resources for its construction: "I now give my personal treasures of gold and silver for the temple of my God..." (1Chr 29:3, NIV2)

Herein lies the first important lesson for us in the preparation for our heart temples. The presence of God in our lives needs to be our number one priority, so important to us that "With all resources [we provide] for the temple..." 

But wait. Our heart-temples are not made of wood and stone, and they are not lined with gold and silver. Nor do most of us have gold and silver laying around. What can this mean to us?

In preparation for our heart temples, the things that we have that are precious to us need to be yielded to God. Whether child or spouse, job, favorite activity or possession, these need to be set aside for the building of our heart-temples. Why? Because God cannot have first place in our lives if we hold on to something else over and above Him.

David gives us a clue about how we can set aside "gold and silver" in preparation for the building of our heart-temples: "The law of the LORD is perfect, refreshing the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple. The precepts of the LORD are right, giving joy to the heart. The commands of the LORD are radiant, giving light to the eyes. The fear of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The decrees of the LORD are firm, and all of them are righteous. They are more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the honeycomb." (Ps 19:7-10, NIV2) 

Closer inspection of the text reveals that God's law is: perfect, trustworthy, right, radiant, pure and firm, and that same law refreshes, makes wise, gives light, and endures. Thus, when we keep His law, when we value trustworthiness and pure living, we prepare a heart that will welcome our Lord and Savior. 

What is this "Law of the Lord?" 

Jesus summed it up in two simple commands: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments." (Matt 22:37-40, NIV2)

It sounds easy enough to love God, but who is this "neighbor" I am supposed to love? 

When asked this question, Jesus replied with the story of the Good Samaritan. A man is beaten, robbed and left to die. Three men find him. Two of them, high officials in the church, pass by on the other side of the road. Only the third, an outsider, stops to help (See Luke 10:29-37).  

Thus, we see that a neighbor is someone who shows mercy to those in need. When we want to prepare for the building of our heart-temples, we can do so by truly loving God, and by caring for the poor in the world.

Another time Jesus was approached by a rich man who asked what he had to do to prepare for God's kingdom. Jesus' response is poignant: "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." (Matt 19:21, NIV2) 

Friends, it is when we follow this very profound instruction that we make the preparations for the building of our heart-temples. It is when we give all that we have, all that is precious to us, to the Lord by giving it to the poor, and then by coming and following Jesus. 

But what about the actual temple construction?

Please join us next week for Building Solomon's Temple, Part 3: Of Location and Foundation. 

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

Looking for tips on how to witness to your non-Christian friends and family?  Check out "Fishers of men!" a two-part mini-series by Suresh Manoharan.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 08 May 2015, 8:47 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
May 7, 2014
Of Covenant and the Pentacost, Part 2
bible
By Answers2Prayer 
Today let's begin the chronological study of the Covenants the good Lord in His Sovereign wisdom has placed in the Scripture beginning with...

Sire...

"But they as Adam brake the covenant; there they trespassed against me." (Hosea 6:7, Wycliffe Bible); "But they, like other people, broke the covenant; they trespassed against me there." (Hosea 6:7 KJV) (The Wycliffe Bible translation, which is a good 200 years older than even KJV--As the saying goes, nothing quite like going as close to the original as possible!) 

Boy, the First Covenant or the Original Testament was between the Sires of the human race: Adam and Eve and their Creator God. The promise was "life". The condition was perfect obedience to God's verbal instructions, the test in this case being abstaining from eating the fruit of the "tree of knowledge". The penalty was death (Genesis 2:16-17). Did the progenitors of human beings dutifully keep their side of that sacred agreement, as the Lord was doing on His side? Was not the vim, vigour and vitality of Adam and Eve being preserved by the Lord faithfully till the day they unfortunately sank their teeth into the forbidden fruit? How sad, our progenitors became the progenitors of sin too, with the results that are there for all to see, even now (Romans 5:12). So the promise of the Almighty to give Everlasting life to mankind under this Covenant is no longer binding on Him.

Sign...

Can anyone say that the Rainbow Covenant that the Lord made with Noah (the representative of all creation), at the end of the Flood (Genesis 9:11-13), is not in vogue? No way! In fact, the next time you see a rainbow (a sign of this covenant), with its dazzling array of colors, utter a loud Hallelujah wherever you are (hopefully travelling in a bus with your co-passengers seated next to you as your captive audience) and be sure to share with your surprised listeners the reason behind your act of praising the Creator of the beautiful rainbow. Never would the good Lord use the waters again to destroy whole of His creation. 

And if you see a Rainbow at the end of a Church service, show your Church members on the way to the parking lot the Scripture portion which speaks about this still valid Noahic Covenant of God and plead with them to look at the Old Testament section of the Bible differently and more appreciatively. 

Prayer: Father, how the beautiful rainbow reminds us of Thy faithfulness again and again. In response whenever we see it, make us renew our commitment to Thee. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Suresh Manoharan
An unworthy servant
J and SM Ministries
Announcement:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 May 2015, 4:08 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
May 5, 2015
Culture Close Up, Part 4: Christian Culture
By Answers2Prayer
All through the first three chapters of the Scriptures, worship is not mentioned. The world provided for the perfect family relationship where Adam and Eve carried out the duties of garden management, enjoyed the fruits of the garden and also enjoyed all the animal life, the bird life and the water life in friendly peace. 

Nothing newly created was predatory. But, like the cat that killed the Rosella, the Creator warned Adam of a predator lurking in the tree from which they must not eat, Genesis 2:16,17. If Adam or Eve ate from the tree, death was inevitable and the slaying of the lamb to cover the nakedness of sin proved beyond doubt that the Garden was established on the premise of a Christ anointed unto death who would take their sin to Himself and accept the death penalty.
The culture of the created world was established on the principle that Adam and Eve walked and talked freely with God. They were not God and were not equal with God, but they were of God, made in His image and bearing true relationship to Him. The law and culture of the Lord was provided to give harmony and interaction between man and nature; between nature with nature; between man and creature; between creature with creature; between humans with humans; and between humans with God. 
We do not bow down and worship our parents for all they do for us and for all they give to us. We do not worship the clouds for bringing rain to dry land, we do not worship the sun for life-giving sunlight. Neither did Christ, the man made in the image of God. Worship of those things is no more appropriate for us than it was for Christ.

Gratitude and praise to our parents is respectful, but worship would be idolatry. Remember that John the Revelator was admonished for bowing to the Angel. Gratitude and praise for rain, or sunlight and so on given by the Lord, is appropriate. But worship is only for the One who takes our burden of sin and guilt, for the One who awakens our hearts and thoughts to our position, and to the One who forgives and accepts us.

So when did actual worship begin? 
It did not begin until after sin took its toll. We assume that Adam and Eve worshipped the Lord when they understood the consequences of sin and that the Lord would provide a sacrifice to cover their sin, but it is not stated.
The first suggestion of worship is in Chapter 4 of Genesis when Cain offered the fruits of his land to God and Abel offered a slain creature from his land to the Lord. The brothers worshipped through their gift giving even though the actual word, worship, is not used until Abraham said he and the boy would go thither to 'worship,' in Genesis Chapter 22, verse 5.
Cain's offering and Abel's offering spell out completely the two opposite forms of worship that are practiced across the world today. Jesus mentioned that there are two masters and 'no man can serve two masters' so we must choose one or the other.
Yes, there really are only two forms of worship in spite of all the religions on offer. Cain and Abel demonstrate the difference between righteousness by works and righteousness by faith. One religion is self-righteousness offering its goods and a commendable life as proof of worthiness to enter the Kingdom of God.
The other is established on faith in the slain sacrifice that covers mankind's sin. The slain life of a creature created by the Lord and offered in the Garden, was a representation of the life of Christ who would be slain to cover all sin. If we accept the sacrifice of the life of Christ that covers our sin, we may enter the Garden again on the merit of the perfect life given for us by 'the second Adam,' (1st Corinthians 15:45), 'who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature," (Colossians 1:15).

All the followers of Christ the Anointed One have their beginning where the law and the culture of the Lord was already established in the Garden. Adam and Eve lived on the basis that their Creator had provided a culture of direct interaction with the Him, and of fellowship and of well-being for the total environment based on sound law. It was a God-based culture. It was violated and other nations have arisen with different cultures. For instance, there are countries with Atheist culture, those with Hindu culture, those with Islam culture, as well as those with Christian culture.

Culture is not religion. It is a statement of the law and order under which the country is arranged. 

Religion arose because of sin and was activated after the Christian culture of the Garden had been violated. I pray that your religion and mine gives support to Christian Culture in our lives.
Elizabeth Price

Announcement:

Over the past two years, The Nugget has featured some series' on the temples in the Bible. (YOu can click here or here  to access these series'.) After the construction of the tabernacle in the wilderness, the next set of instructions for temple building was for the construction of Solomon's temple. Join us on Saturdays for the next four weeks to look directly at the lessons that can be learned from Solomon and his temple construction, and what they mean for our heart-temples today.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 02 May 2015, 11:48 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
May 2, 2015
Building Solomon's Temple, Part 1: The Preparation

By Answers2Prayer 
 Throughout the fall of 2013, the Nugget featured a series that looked in depth at the instructions given to Moses in the wilderness for the construction of the tabernacle. We came to understand through this study that each instruction speaks to us of our heart-temples, and each part points to the Lord Jesus Christ, the greatest Sacrifice ever given. (Click here to access the series.)

There are also other references to temple building in the Bible. One such set of instructions is given in the book of Ezekiel, where elaborate detail is given for a temple that has, to date, not been constructed. This set of temple instructions was the subject of a series published in the Nugget a few years ago, and you can access it by clicking here: Lessons From Ezekiel's Temple.

After the construction of the tabernacle in the wilderness, the next set of instructions for temple building was for the construction of Solomon's temple. This current 4-part study will look directly at the lessons that can be learned from Solomon and his temple construction, and what they mean for our heart-temples today. 

Solomon's temple was the glory of Israel. The Bible dedicates 5 chapters to its construction: 1 Kings 5,6, and 2 Chron 2-4. However, any good discussion of the building of Solomon's temple must begin a little earlier in history, for although Solomon did a few things to prepare for its construction, the majority of the preparation work was actually done by his father, David. 

1 Chron. 28 tells us that the preparation for Solomon's temple was so important to David that he called on a large assembly to announce his plans: "Daivd summoned all the officials of Israel to assemble at Jerusalem..." (1 Chron 28:1a NIV). If you read on through the verse, you come to understand that there was actually quite an assembly that gathered, and by reading through actual announcement given by David, we catch a glimpse of just how important this temple was to him: 

"Then David gave his son Solomon the plans for the portico of the temple, its buildings, its storerooms, its upper parts, its inner rooms and the place of atonement. He gave him the plans of all that the Spirit had put in his mind for the courts of the temple of the Lord and all the surrounding rooms, for the treasuries of the temple of God and for the treasures for the dedicated things... 'all this,' David said, 'I have in writing from the hand of the Lord upon me, and He gave me understanding in all the details of the plan!'" (1 Chron 28: 11-12, 19)

Why would David do this? Why would he spend time preparing for a temple at all, especially when God wouldn't let him build it? Why did Solomon also spend so much time in preparation as well? Why does the Bible go into such detail?

The answer to these questions is simple: It is because the preparation for building Solomon's temple was important. The plans David made were perhaps seen by him as his most important accomplishment. 

Isn't it true that everything we do in life requires some preparation? That the bigger the event, the more elaborate the plans? Just think about the preparation that goes into a move, a wedding, a family gathering, even a trip or a backyard barbeque. The list could go on, but the point is, the important things we do in life require preparation. 

It's true that other than Ezekiel's temple, which has not yet been built, God has given us no recent temple-building instructions. This is because God's presence now resides in our hearts: "And in him you too are being built together to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit." (Ephesians 2:22 NIV); but just because God is now interested in spiritual temples, or what I have coined "heart-temples," this doesn't mean that the preparation is any less important. Just as David, and later Solomon, spent years preparing plans and gathering materials for the building of Solomon's temple, we, too, must prepare for the building of our heart-temples. 

How? 

Join us next week to find out: Building Solomon's Temple, Part 2: Assembling the Materials.

In His love,
Lyn

Announcement:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 29 Apr 2015, 5:25 pm

Welcome to the Nugget
April 28, 2015
Culture Close Up, Part 3: Negated Responsibility 

By Answers2Prayer 
  A man and his wife lived on a hillside. The man built bird hides in the garden, shielding them from the summer sun and the cool breezes of winter; he nurtured trees and grew flowers and herbs to provide nectar and seeds for food; and he knew the beauty of birds and birdsong every morning. 

Some birds became permanent residents and built their nests there. Others visited from the higher hills and outer plains.

The original owner of the land had told him to look after the garden and gave instruction about his responsibilities. He was to give careful attention to peace and security and was warned that he must give no access to any predator.

So the man and his wife encouraged the stunning array of colour and song by nailing many little plastic tubs to a tree near the house and filling them with bird seed. They set a water dish in the shade so that any thirsty bird could refresh itself and sometimes the birds would plunge right into the water in a complete baptism. 

The man and his wife would take their breakfast at a nearby table and chairs to watch the birds and communicate with them.

Some of his birds became so friendly they would sit on the table while he and his wife took breakfast and chat bird-chat with them so that eating together became an event they enjoyed.

They all ignored the predator that lurked watchfully back in the bushes. Silently, it saw the warmth of friendship between the man and his wife and their bird companions and it came nearer. It made soft sounds and displayed itself as a gentle cat purring and seeking a friendship or all to see.

The garden folk became used to the predator's closeness and peace continued as usual. Discord was not an option in this gentle garden.

One morning the man remembered the garden at the back of his home needed attention so instead of having breakfast with his wife and his bird friends, he put breakfast hour aside and left his wife there alone to share breakfast with the birds,. While he was in the mood to do so, he went out of sight to the back of his home to tend the other garden. 

One of the birds waited on the table where the man usually took breakfast and the predator pounced. There was a shrill cry from all the birds as they scattered in horror but the predator had his kill. 

The man heard the disturbance and rushed back to his wife at the table. He saw the dead bird, the Crimson Rosella, but the husband and wife had a mental picture that the predator posed an innocent smile and offered the husband one of the brilliant blue bird feathers. He accepted and dramatically an old historical book came alive. 

Words from the old Book echoed through the garden. "Yeah, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: but of the tree in the midst of the garden, God said, Ye shall not eat of it..."

But how could the gift offered with a smile, be refused? Would it not be an offense to refuse it? Could it be right to refuse the friendliness of even an enemy? 

But in the responsibility given to mankind, the Lord warned him to reject what He, God, had not given, Genesis 2:16,17. They must not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil 

It was then that something like an electrical shock rang through the birds in the trees and through the husband and wife. And the eyes of them both were opened. 

While the silence of grief settled over the garden, they imagined the Lord God, walking up the path to visit, and God's calling out, "Adam, where are you?" But Adam had negated his responsibility. He failed in his promise that he and his wife together, would continue what God had established and keep it up to standard. Instead, he chose to indulge his own interests and leave his wife alone. The predator struck. Then in a panic to cover his own neglect, he had joined his wife in accepting the forbidden food.

Singlehandedly, he destroyed the culture established by the Creator for this whole world.

Singlehandedly, Christ restored an understanding of God's culture. Would you please give thanks for His grace every time you pray?

Elizabeth Price

Announcement:

Over the past two years, The Nugget has featured some series' on the temples in the Bible. (YOu can click here or here to access these series'.) After the construction of the tabernacle in the wilderness, the next set of instructions for temple building was for the construction of Solomon's temple. Join us on Saturdays for the next four weeks to look directly at the lessons that can be learned from Solomon and his temple construction, and what they mean for our heart-temples today.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 24 Apr 2015, 5:14 pm

Welcome to the Nugget

April 23, 2015
Night-Vision Glasses

By Answers2Prayer 
  When my boys were little, they loved spy wear: hidden cameras, clandestine talking devices, backwards footprints, you name it. One of their pieces of equipment that intrigued me the most, however, was the night vision glasses. One could wear them in the darkest places and still be able to see clearly. I have no idea how it worked, but it was pretty cool.

I've often wished for a good pair of "night-vision" glasses. Not so I can sneak around and spy on my family and friends, and not even to be able to see the trail to the washroom in dark campgrounds. Rather, I have often wished for "night-vision" glasses in the midst of hard times.

You know what I mean. When we're going through hard times, it is as if the sun no longer shines. We live in the moment, and we can't see anything beyond what we are going through at any particular moment in time. Anyone who has received a bad medical diagnosis knows what I'm talking about. So do those who have lost loved ones, who are still without work, or who are in bad relationships. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to be able to put on a pair of "night-vision" glasses so that we can see beyond the pain? Beyond the despair? Beyond our horrible circumstances?

I have good news, friends. 

No, I don't have a pair of "night-vision" glasses, but I know Someone who does.

Take a look at this verse: "If I say, 'Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,' even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you." (Ps 139:11-12, NIV2)

Did you see it? The darkness--our darkness!--is as light to God! God wears night-vision glasses! When we can't see our hands in front of our faces because of the blackness of our illness and our circumstances and our pain, God sees it all as if it were light! 

Good news, isn't it?

But it gets better.

When my boys put on their night-vision glasses, all they could do was "see" the path in front of them. They could do nothing to change it. But when God puts on His "night-vision" glasses, not only does He illuminate the path, but He can fix it! 

Consider this text: "...but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it." (1Cor 10:13, NKJV)

That's it! He sees the darkness of our lives as if it were day, and He promises to make the way of escape! We don't need night-vision glasses! All we need is trust in the One who already has them!

Whatever it is you are going through right now, no matter how dark the circumstances of life around you, remember: God sees with night-vision glasses, and He will make the way of escape so that you can bear it. 

Will you join me in putting your Trust in the One who wears "night-vision glasses" all the time?

In His love,
Lyn

Anzac Prayer, 2015

April 25th is Anzac Day in Australia. 

Please join with our friends down under in prayer: 

Please To draw our hearts and minds together, I would like to share with you three unique experiences from the past before we pray.

The first is that today is the seventh day of the week and Jesus rested in the grave on the seventh day of the week for a battle He seemed to have lost. He gives us a unique precedence.

The second is that because 100 years ago today the ANZACS seemed to have lost a battle, today we celebrate a battle lost. The ANZACS pass on to us a unique spirit.

Then there is the third thing. 100 years ago Mothers and Fathers committed their ANZAC sons to the care of the Infinite Father above. The Father wrote in His law that if we love Him and keep His commandments, He will have mercy on our children to a thousand generations. (Exodus 20:5,6. Deuteronomy 7:9). It is about 250 generations ago that that law was written on stone.

Just as our Lord rose from death, so will those ANZACS committed to him, rise from death because of his promise. The Lord shares with the ANZACS and with us a unique law.

So our prayers DO have meaning. Paul said to the Thessalonians that "the Lord Himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God and the dead in Christ shall rise first." (1st Thessalonians 4:16)

We can believe that the unwinnable is winnable because our Lord Himself has won the unwinnable, and He gave the ANZAC spirit celebrated here today, to win the unwinnable.

So I will say a short prayer for us all and after that, please join with me and we will all say the Lord's Prayer together.

Lord, we pray that today you will open our hearts to your commitment to bring to life all those who have been entrusted to You. We pray for the ANZAC troops and for all who have fought to uphold the precedence, the spirit and the law that is your will, established from our beginning.

And now we pray together with one voice, the prayer you gave to us in your Sermon on the Mount:
Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil: for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever. Amen.

Elizabeth Price. 
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next