World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 32 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 32 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals)

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 Empty Re: special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals)

Post  Admin Thu 17 Jan 2013, 11:28 am

Welcome to Simply Scripture

It is a joy to share with you. Please share this study with all your friends.

Please take time to view the link to the website at the bottom of this message, you will be greatly blessed

God bless you all

Keith

PROVERBS 15

CLEAN HANDS AND A PURE HEART

Proverbs is just a wonderful book, full of precious nuggets of wisdom, that are timeless. That is not because Solomon wrote them, but Solomon was shown them by God and he is sharing them with us. Let us stop and walk through this chapter and see how it applies to us in this modern day. It has a lot to say to us and I will be illustrating just a few verses here, but I encourage you to read and study it for yourself.

It has a lot to say about the tongue and also about our heart. So grab yourself a cup of coffee/tea and a cake and let's walk through this chapter.

Verses 1 and 18b

Many arguments are caused not by what we speak, but by how we say things and here Solomon states that a soft answer turns away wrath. Paul says in the New Testament in Philippians 4:5...let your gentleness be known to all men. Are we known by our gentle answers?. When faced with a tough situation, is our response to fan the flames or to put them out by our words?

Verses 2 and 7

We can have knowledge in abundance, but it is how we use it that matters.. amen. We can know all scripture.. be highly educated and have lots of learning, but we can be lacking in love.

Then all the knowledge is useless. that is why in 2 Peter 1, we are told to:

5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Knowledge is great, but it must be built upon, other things will need to be built onto it. How are you using your knowledge?. Are you using it to build godliness?

We can have knowledge of many things, but the best knowledge is the knowledge of God.. amen Proverbs chapter 1

Verse 4

The tongue can be used to bring succour to people. It can be used to help people, to encourage them. Or it can be used as a battering ram to destroy people and their whole view of themselves. In Revelation 22:2, it says that in heaven, there is a tree of life for the healing of the nations. Is your/my tongue bringing healing or is it bringing pain and sickness upon it's hearers?

Verses 13 and 15b

We need to have Godly laughter in our lives. I truly believe that God has the best sense of humour in the world, well He did choose us.. didn't He?. I can imagine the times during the three years Jesus had with His disciples that there were times of great hilarity, and I expect Jesus joined in that fun and Godly hilarity. It must of course be balanced, we must never be laughing at someone, but with them.

If anyone thinks God doesn't have a good sense of humour, please take a long hard look in the mirror!!!!!!.

Verse 23

What a wonderful verse this is. Can I ask you this. Does what you say bring you joy? It not only brings Him joy, but will bring joy unto all those it is spoken to. Note that the words He speaks are spoken in season, they are the right words for the right time. The Man/Woman of God speaks the appropriate words at the correct time.

Verse 28
We must take time to answer people, we must be studied in our response to people. We must be careful to bridle our tongue. James chapter 3 says strong words on this subject, which I will leave you to read and study at your leisure

Verse 29

God answers the prayer of the righteous, what a wonderful promise for the believer. We can be heard by the Lord, but there is one pre-requisite and that is that we are righteous. Yes I know we have the righteousness of Christ, but are our hearts, lives and tongues, righteous before our Lord. Psalm 24 says that those who approach God, must have:

4 He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully.

As you study and seek God may you have all the above.

God bless you my friends

Keith

The Gospel is the power of God unto salvation..please take time to read this page and to click on all the many links..also take time to view the other pages on site

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/p/preciouspromise/index.php?p=1_5_The-Glorious-Gospel

Please post these devotions on all your groups and forward them to your friends. If anyone would like to receive the devotions direct to their inbox, please e-mail me at
faithhopelovefellowship@hotmail.com

God Bless you

Keith and Helen
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 Empty Re: special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals)

Post  Admin Tue 15 Jan 2013, 9:14 pm

Welcome to China Cry

What a joy to share with you once again, sharing about my adopted Home. I hope you will be blessed as you read this article and also take time to click on the link at the bottom of this article.

Thanks and God bless

Keith

THINGS THAT MATTER

After church on Sunday we went to the market, near Helen's old school to buy some vegetables and fruit. We stopped at one stall to get some bean curd, this stall was run by a couple with a young son, who is one of Helen's students. They asked us to come into their home, which is in the back of the shop, I have seen many things in my time, but never anything so small, the young man slept on small ledge up a ladder and his parents had a small bed. It makes you think, we are so lucky, that we have what we have. I know Helen and I have a nice flat and many of you, who in in the west, live in luxury compared to what I saw yesterday.

It was only later did the full reality of what I had seen dawned on me. As we sat in KFC eating an ice cream, Helen explained that those people probably were more wealthy than us. Well Helen explained that people like those we saw this morning, were farmers who have come from the country to make money.

Many people in China are chasing the economic miracle and to earn more and more money. Helen said that many who come to the city from the country and live in the most cramped conditions ever, have 2 storey houses in the country, but they choose to come and live in the city, because there is more opportunity to make more and more money.

We have a man who sells fruit not far from us, he works from 5am to 10.30am at night, His God is money, his aim is get more and more wealth, he told us, he had bought another flat with what he had earned and that he would buy other flats

What is important to focus on is this, the church started in the rural areas, that was the birthing place of the church, but now many rural believers are moving to the cities, and when they get to the cities,many of them,leave the church and go chasing material things. Many rural churches are dying because the only believers that are left are the old and the infirm, as all the young people leave.

You think of China as a communist state, but in reality, it is a state consumed by materialism. In downtown Nanjing, there is an area where there are the highest quality shops you will find anywhere in the world.. shops you would expect to find in London and New York. There is a showroom selling Rolls Royce Cars for 1 million pounds each.

Please pray especially for the Chinese church, which has been brought up on sound principles, would not have it's edge blunted by the believers chasing after material things. The devil can hurt this unique church, by blunting it's effectiveness, the riches of the world and the praise of men can and will strangle it and any church for that matter.

May we all focus on the things that are really important.. CHASING AFTER CHRIST..getting to know Him Matthew 6:33, Phil 3:7-14

God Bless you

Keith

Please take time to read our prayer needs on these page, all three of us need much prayer. Please take time to share these prayer needs with all your friends

http://www.ourchurch.com/ member/p/preciouspromise/ index.php?p=1_13_Pray-for-Us

Please post these devotions on all your groups and forward them to your friends. If anyone would like to receive the devotions direct to their inbox, please e-mail me at
faithhopelovefellowship@ hotmail.com

God Bless you

Keith and Helen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Jan 2013, 11:20 pm

To:
undisclosed-recipients

Sermon Audio

I hope you are challenged by this devastating sermon

http://www.sermonaudio.com/ playpopup.asp?SID=11908653572

My wife Helen is a wonderful woman of God, who preaches amazing sermons. Please read one of her amazing sermons and take time to read the other pages on site... all eleven of them. She is preaching this Sunday so please pray for Her.. Ming our daughter has important exams next Monday and Tuesday so keep her in your prayers also

http://www.ourchurch.com/ member/p/preciouspromise/ index.php?p=1_7_Helen-s-page

God Bless you

Keith and Helen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 12 Jan 2013, 1:00 am

What a joy and privilege it is to share with you once again. I do hope you are blessed by what the Lord has shared with me and I am sharing with you. Please take time to pass on this message to others and to also click on the link at the bottom of this message

Thanks

Keith

GUARD YOUR MOUTH

Matthew 5

34 But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God's throne:

35 Nor by the earth; for it is his footstool: neither by Jerusalem; for it is the city of the great King.

36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black.

37 But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil

The subject that we are going to study, is one of the most important in scripture and is so important to the believer. We start off by taking these verses as our text, but we will be all over scripture, so please keep an open Bible at your fingertips.

You may have guessed that the subject is the tongue.. what we say is so important.. it reflects our Lord in so many ways and it is important to understand what scripture says .. about what to say and what not to say.

Many Christian's today say it makes no difference to swear.. the world does it.. and if a Christian swears or uses bad language.. then well we are only human really. This is not what scripture says at all.

We are to be distinct and completely different from the world. In 2 Corinthians 5:17, Paul states that we are new creations. in verse 21 he says that we are ambassadors for Christ, we are the Lord mouthpieces on this earth. Romans 12:2, states that we are to be transformed by the renewing of our mind, and not conformed to what is happening in the world.

Romans 12: 2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

Jesus states in Matthew 12:33-36, these words:

33 Either make the tree good, and his fruit good; or else make the tree corrupt, and his fruit corrupt: for the tree is known by his fruit.

34 O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? for out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.

35 A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things.

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

He makes the connection between the heart and the mouth, whatever is in our heart will eventually come out of our mouth. He gives a stern warning, that any and every idle word, we will have to make account for before the Father.

What excuse is good enough for gossiping about another believer, the Lord is going to ask us why we did it, can you answer Him?

Paul and James also have stern words so say, In Ephesians 4:29, Paul says let no corrupt communication come out of your mouth, in the very next verse, he says do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, do our words, grieve the spirit of God.?

Colossians 3:8 is another key verse, we are to put off these things, look at this list.

8 But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

James in Chapter 3:1-13, writes possibly the greatest passage on the tongue, he says so much, please study this in detail for yourself, this is such an awesome passage.

One of the best chapters in the bible is Proverbs 15, the tongue is described here as:

verse 2 It uses knowledge
Verse 4 it is a tree of life
verse 7 it disperses knowledge
verse 23 it brings joy to the speaker
verse 26 words of the pure are pleasant

Does My/your tongue do these things?

Having found out that the words we speak are so important, how do we control the tongue? Well we have to let the word of God penetrate our souls, the psalmist wrote, thy word have I hid in my heart that I may not sin against thee, it is important to let the word of God penetrate our hearts Colossians 3:16.

There are some things the Lord wants us to speak

Speak Praise Hebrews 13:15, Psalm 34:1 Psalm 40:3

How Important this is, in Psalm 34:1, we are told that the praises of God are to be continually in our mouths, if this happens then there is no room for gossip, complaining or backbiting.

Speak Prayer Phil:4:6, 1 Thess 5:17

What an awesome privilege, you know the more time you spend talking and spending time with the Holy one of Israel, your speech will become more and more beautiful, because you realise you are in the presence of the Holy one and your speech will be reverent and good.

Speak Peace Proverbs 15:1, 16:7, Psalm 15:3

Jesus Said My peace I give unto you, my peace I leave with you. How often with our words in various situations, do we bring the peace of Jesus into that situation or leave the peace of God with the person we are talking too?

Speak Unity John 17, Psalm 133,Ephesians 4:1-16

I was so struck with the verse in Galatians 5, which says

15But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another.

This is so important, we are doing the same work for God, the devil wants to destroy the church and our fellow believers, let us not help him by our careless use of our mouths.

Speak Love 1 John 3:11-14

Galatians 6

10As we have therefore opportunity, let us do good unto all men, especially unto them who are of the household of faith.

Let us do this, in both word and deed, note it does not say, be good to those in your own church, but it means to be kind to all believers, including those of churches where we have doctrinal differences and that means with our words.

Do we speak badly of another church?.

Speak the Word Matthew 4:1-11

Let us use the same method, Jesus used to derail the devil. The word of God, it works every time, the power of the Word will always defeat Satan, it is our sword and we have to use it, as it gives us victory every time.

Speak the Name of Jesus Phil 2:5-8

The name of Jesus has authority, we can use this name , because it has authority. Peter and John used it in Acts 3 to heal the crippled man and still today the devil cringes at this name, let us use the glorious name of Jesus.

Speak Victory 2 Cor 10:4-5, James 4:7-8,Matthew 17:20

Let us always remember that we have the victory through Jesus Christ, let us always be looking up to Jesus and to Him, because He has won us that victory, let us never speak negative words of defeat, He didn't even when on the cross.

Speak Witness 2 Timothy 4:1-3, Isaiah 52:7, 62:6, Romans 10:9-14,Acts 4:19-20

This is our commission, this is our privilege to carry the gospel to a needy world. Let us be eager and ready to do this, let our mouths be full of the story of our Saviour.

I hope you are blessed by this study.

God bless you

Keith

Please take time to read and to pray for our prayer needs for the month of January. Tell the other members of your prayer groups also.. thanks. Please note that there are 11 more wonderful pages for you to browse

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/p/preciouspromise/index.php?p=1_13_Pray-for-Us

God Bless you

Keith and Helen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Jan 2013, 11:58 pm

Welcome to China Cry once again

It is such a joy to share with you once again, sharing from inside China. I want to share about something that should be very precious to all of us as Christians. I hope you take time to pass on this message to all your friends, please post it on your groups. Please also take time to visit my website situated at the bottom of this message, there are 12 pages full of great articles, sermons etc.

Thanks And God bless you

Keith

GOD'S PRECIOUS WORD

Preacher Zhang at church made an announcement just before Christmas, he said that he was challenging members of the church to read the bible through in one year. He gave us the first three months of the reading plan, and to do this, it means reading 4 chapters a day. But this is a plan with a difference, because we are reading 4 books of the bible a a time.

To start with we have Genesis, Ezra, Matthew and Acts.. interesting mixture don't you think? As Both of us started out to do this and we pray that we would be faithful in reading the complete bible in one year. We can so easily be put off as we get to the difficult passages of scripture, it happened to me as I read Ezra Chapter 2.. it is long and contains a long list of names of people who had travelled back to Jerusalem from Babylon to rebuild the temple. My heart sank a little, but I continued to read and will continue to read through the bible, because it will benefit us both.

The word of God is likened to honey.. it is sweet to our taste.. amen. I would encourage you to read the bible through in one year. You know I have read bible reading notes for so long, and taken a little bit of scripture.. which are usually the favourite bits. To my great shame.. I say that I have only read some books like Ezekiel and Jeremiah only once.. it is terrible that we have such a pick and mix mentality to our bible reading.

Let me tell you, that when i don't read the bible and pray first thing in the morning.. I usually end up having a bad day..and it is usually down to me not doing these important things.. reading my bible and communing with God.

Update on January 9th.. will let you know if we finish on time

Keith is keeping up, but Helen is little bit behind as she is reading English Version

Thomas brooks the great christian minister, wrote this

Bible reading...

by Thomas Brooks--

"Remember that it is not hasty reading,
but serious meditation on holy and heavenly truths,
that makes them prove sweet and profitable to the soul.

It is not the mere touching of the flower by the bee that gathers
honey, but her abiding for a time on the flower that draws out the
sweet.

It is not he that reads most, but he that meditates most, that will
prove to be the choicest, sweetest, wisest, and strongest Christian."

My friends, the greatest book is the bible, let us give it the place of Honour. In the Chinese church, the word of God is treated with reverence, the bible is read before service.

Read the bible, mediate on it's truth, obey it's commands, treasure the rebuke it gives.

Take time to read your bible... it will change your life if you let it.

God bless you

Keith and Helen

Please read this wonderful page with articles done by my dear friends Del and Rifkah.. Messanic Jews

http://www.ourchurch.com/ member/p/preciouspromise/ index.php?p=1_14_View-from- Israel

God Bless you

Keith and Helen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 06 Jan 2013, 11:15 pm

please listen to this sermon Sunday, January 6, 2013 AMFrom: "keith hobkirk" faithhopelovefellowship@hotmail.com>

A VISION OF HELL

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=11908653572
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Jan 2013, 12:51 am

This is a very strong message, it is one you may disagree with. But it is what God has laid on my heart. please share it with your friends and groups and with your pastor and church leaders. Any comments.. both good or bad would be received with interest.

Please take time to view the links at the bottom of this message, I do hope that they will stir your faith

Thanks

Keith

UNITY WITHIN THE BODY OF CHRIST

My Dear Brothers and sisters

I remember where I was when the Lord gave me this. These writings I put out are not musings of my own heart and mind, they are truly what God shares with me. God's heart is breaking because of disunity and strife in the Body of Christ. Please read what God has laid on my heart.

I first wrote this back in 2005, but have updated and refreshed it as the Lord has led me too.

Keith

All scriptures Taken from the King James Version

John 17

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on Me through their word; 21 That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in Me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that Thou hast sent Me. 22 And the glory which Thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as We are ONE: 23 I in them, and Thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that Thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as Thou hast loved me.

Galatians 3

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Ephesians 4
3 Endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. 4 There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling; 5 One Lord, one faith, one baptism, 6 One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.

Recently, the Lord has shown me certain things and so I am here just seeking to share what He has shown me.

The scriptures at the top are of paramount importance. They are not just pleasant platitudes, but they are the cry of both our Savior's heart and of the beloved Apostle Paul, they are also repeated many times by Peter, John and James.

That plea is for unity within the body of Christ. We have got into a sea of denominations that stifle the effectiveness of the Body of Christ...amen

When Jesus prayed in John 17, did he pray separate prayer's for the Methodists to be unified and another for the Baptists to be unified? NO. He prayed one prayer. and that was for the WHOLE CHURCH. to be in unity, just like He was and is with His Father.

Let me ask you this. All who believe in the Precious name of Jesus are saved?. amen. Including those of other denominations amen?

Now we do have different views on certain issues. So did the two great British evangelists.. John Wesley and George Whitfield. But Wesley was gracious enough to say when asked if Whitfield would be in heaven, he stated that Whitfield would be closer to the throne than he would ever be, what a gracious comment. Let me admit, I don't see eye to eye with some of my brothers and sisters in Christ on every singlepoint of doctrine (agree on the most important), but it doesn't stop me praying for them, helping them and sharing with them.

Where strife exists, so does every evil thing. Be careful Christian, when taking a stance against another believer on some point of scripture. Are you perfect... take time to look at the plank in your eye. You can have all your doctrine, set out in a line and you miss the love part with your brethren, then you are a clanging cymbal and you know how irritating they are?

The world doesn't really care about our little pet doctrines.. they need a Saviour my friends, they need to hear of Jesus. If we are too busy arguing with each other about some little doctrinal point, this is of the devil. Why, because anything which halts us from fulfilling the great commission will not be of God. The devil will go to drastic lengths to stop us from spreading the gospel. Now I am not saying, it is bad, to share with other believers and talk about what we believe and discuss points of doctrine, but if this hinders our witness to the world, it maybe is a good thing, but it is not the BEST THING, WE CAN DO.. AMEN.

You see dear brothers and sisters, when we walk in unity, the world sits up and takes notice, the world is spilt from top to bottom, so we can be like the world and walk in disunity or walk in unity and change the world.

The greatest danger Paul saw for the early church, was disunity, just look at the church at Corinth for the role model of a church that was pulling in opposite direction. Not a good reflection on JESUS.

The very first church in Acts ch 2 is how it should be, they helped each other, they ate in each others homes, they did not have different churches for every branch of the Jewish nation they came from, and in that church, there were Jews from every single area, so there were opportunities for splits, but love was king and this stopped splits.

The Lord dropped something in my spirit the other evening. He said, how is it, we can go to conferences and sit at the side of people from different denominations and have happy fellowship together and then when we get back home, we sink back into our old denominational bunker, not talking to and certainly not helping struggling churches, especially if they aren't part of our particular denomination.

I wish to put something before the body of Christ, this is something the Lord laid on my heart over FIVE years ago and it still burns brightly. If you live in a street/road, and there are 4 other Christians who also live on that street, but don't go to the same church as you. Why don't you get together with them, and pray together, claim your street for Jesus? Distribute literature to every house on that street, hold a barbecue and invite everyone, show them that believers have real unity, real love.

It will serve a dual purpose, it will bring the believers closer together, but it would evangelize the Lost in a caring and effective way...AMEN. Now I know lots of you are very busy, I am not suggesting you meet every week, but maybe every 2-3 months.. please PRAY and give this careful consideration.

The Lord is not interested in denominations, he will not ask you what Church you went too, but how many people you touched with His love.

Let me finish with a question.

Imagine you are a member of a Baptist church and one night your doorbell rings and standing there is a couple, who are totally destitute. Are you going to ask them if they are members of your denomination or your church or are you going to give them food?. Remember that we entertain angels without knowing it, if we turn away anyone who comes to us , that is like turning away Jesus himself.

The Parable of the Sheep and the Goats in Matthew 25 should shake us to our foundation.. if it doesn't then there is something wrong with our so called Christianity.

Matthew 25

31 When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

32 And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them one from another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

33 And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on the left.

34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

4 6 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Now I am not saying that works win you salvation, bu they are the evidence of salvation. How can you tell a Christian, well he/she has a heart of love and compassion, like His Saviour, he/she doesn't count the cost, he doesn't worry if people reject Him, he/she will love everyone and anyone.. whatever the cost.. for love does cost.. amen

James says that Faith without works is dead and that works without faith is dead.

Please read James 2:13-26

Let us live our brothers and sisters with pure love, because if the world sees this, it will take notice. Truly they will know we are Christians by our love, not by our denominational groupings.

Let us do as Paul says in Galatians 6:10.. note he doesn't say 'do good to the members of your denomination'.. He says "do good to ALL men" amen?

Let us live in unity and love the brethren like never before.. together working in co-operation with God and each other.. we can change the world. The early Christians in Acts 17, were the people who were said to have turned the world upside down, may they be our example.. amen.

May we be the ones who turn the world upside down for Jesus.. let's get to it church!

God bless you

Keith

Dear Friends

I am so glad you have been blessed by these devotions and prayed for our prayer needs, to access the 12 pages of the website, please click on the link below. You can read many articles, listen to sermons and post a comment in our guestbook and submit a prayer request. Please take time to visit us at

http://www.ourchurch.com/ member/p/preciouspromise/

God Bless you

Keith and Helen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Jan 2013, 4:19 pm

Welcome to another in our weekly series called China cry, sharing the thoughts of living and worshipping within a Chinese Unregistered church and living in China

Please take time to read and share this and please click on the website link and visit all 12 pages

Keith and Helen

IT'S NEW YEAR ISN'T IT

Well it is now 2013 and Myself , Helen and Ming, want to wish you God's richest blessings on you and your family.

This weekend at our church was very crowded as we had the visit of Teenagers Church.. a part of Family Church that is specifically for those 13-19. So as well as our usual congregation, we had 25+ young people. Some of church members formed a choir, the last time they sang was at our wedding on the 28th October. The teenagers did songs and Drama and their leader gave a gospel message. We nearly ran out of stools.

After the service we had a love feast, everyone brought something and boy was their lots. We were divided int 4 groups and there was much to eat, and boy was it eaten with relish. Cooking and cleaning away was done in double quick time.. many hands do make light work as they say.. everyone mucks in.. even leaders cleaning the floor.

We had our own prayer meeting at church from 8.30 till 1am on new years eve, 7 of us .Just worshipped/sang and prayed about China and the world and gave God the first fruits of the year. I think it is important that we give God the best and don't give him the left overs as Cain did amen. I want to challenge each believer who reads this to start next new year off with prayer and worshipping God instead of watching TV or firework displays.

The new year in china.. is in late January/Early February when the real fun starts with firecrackers and fireworks popping all night and all day.. I must get some earplugs.

So we have passed another year, we are on one year closer to the coming of our Lord.. yes folks..Jesus is coming back.

Are you ready?

It was Ct Studd who said

“Two little lines I heard one day,
Traveling along life’s busy way;
Bringing conviction to my heart,
And from my mind would not depart;
Only one life, ’twill soon be past,
Only what’s done for Christ will last.

Only one life, yes only one,
Soon will its fleeting hours be done;
Then, in ‘that day’ my Lord to meet,
And stand before His Judgement seat;
Only one life,’twill soon be past,

Only one life, the still small voice,
Gently pleads for a better choice
Bidding me selfish aims to leave,
And to God’s holy will to cleave;

Only one life, a few brief years,
Each with its burdens, hopes, and fears;
Each with its clays I must fulfill,
living for self or in His will;

When this bright world would tempt me sore,
When Satan would a victory score;
When self would seek to have its way,
Then help me Lord with joy to say;

Give me Father, a purpose deep,
In joy or sorrow Thy word to keep;
Faithful and true what e’er the strife,
Pleasing Thee in my daily life;

Oh let my love with fervor burn,
And from the world now let me turn;
Living for Thee, and Thee alone,
Bringing Thee pleasure on Thy throne;
Only one life, “twill soon be past,

Only one life, yes only one,
Now let me say,”Thy will be done”;
And when at last I’ll hear the call,
I know I’ll say “twas worth it all”;
Only one life,’twill soon be past,
Only what’s done for Christ will last. ”

— extra stanza —

And when I am dying, how happy I’ll be,
If the lamp of my life has been burned out for Thee.”

Can i hear an amen?
C.T Studd

God bless you all.. may this be your motto and prayer

Keith Helen Ming

I am so glad you have been blessed by these devotions and prayed for our prayer needs, to access the 12 pages of the website, please click on the link below. You can read many articles, listen to sermons and post a comment in our guestbook and submit a prayer request. Please take time to visit us at

God Bless you

Keith and Helen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 31 Dec 2012, 11:43 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 28 Dec 2012, 11:36 pm

Special Notice
Many of you enjoy gems I know, but from now on these will placed on two pages on the website. My writings will be sent out via e-mail. The pages containing them on the site will be replaced by Gems and another guest page.. along with a page from my friend Del about Israel.. he is a converted Rabbi.

The devotions that will be sent out are

SIMPLY SCRIPTURE.. which is the one we will start with

NOONDAY DEVOTION

SPIRIT STEPS STUDIES IN ACTS

The sermons from Sermon audio can be found on the Gems page as usual.

I hope you will still be blessed as we study the bible together.. I have over 30 Simply Scriptures to send out.. oh and another 200+ to write so let's get started.

I have never asked anything for these devotions.. you are able to share them with whoever you wish and to use them in any sermons you preach. All I ask is that you pass them on to all your friends and contacts. Please place them on facebook/socialmedia sites. Take time to visit the website we have .. all 12 pages

God Bless you
Keith

GOD'S CONFIDENCE IN YOU
We approach another new year my friends. I wonder if you are looking forward or dreading it?

If you love Jesus as your Saviour, a new year changes nothing. God is still the same.. amen. He can be trusted in 2013 just as He was in 2012 amen

The question really is. Can God trust us?

Could HE make the same boast of us, that He made of Job?

Job is so often looked at as an example of suffering. But God, had total confidence in Job. He knew his heart.

This book speaks of the complete faithfulness of God, despite what Job went through, God still held him. As you look forward to the new year, have confidence, because whatever the future holds, you are in the hands of the Lord God Almighty and HE has never let anything go.

Have a blessed and Happy New Year my friends

God bless you
Your friends and Partners in the Gospel
Keith and Helen

Reading: Job Chapters 1 and 2

As we enter a brand new year, we have many expectations of what is going to happen. We have anticipation of how God is going to work through us and within us.

As Christians we have to remember that everything that will happen to us, God is in control of. He is the One who already knows the future, He sees what lies ahead, and He will give you the grace to handle anything that will come up.

Let us look at the life of Job,and on one particular aspect of his life. People seem to concentrate on Job's suffering, and it is indeed true that Job did suffer loss and did go through pain, but this is only because God allowed it, and indeed did not let the devil test him, more than he was able. Look at what the Apostle Paul said to the church at Corinth:

1Co 10:13 No test or temptation that comes your way is beyond the course of what others have had to face. All you need to remember is that God will never let you down; he'll never let you be pushed past your limit; he'll always be there to help you come through it.

That is a wonderful promise, for the believer and one indeed that I don't take seriously enough, as I have fallen flat on my face just lately, because I have tried to do things my way, instead of relying on God to provide a way of escape.

So why did Job get into this situation ? Well it was basically because God was boasting about Him. Yes that's right, God was actually boasting about Job.

Job 1:8 GOD said to Satan, "Have you noticed my friend Job? There's no one quite like him--honest and true to his word, totally devoted to God and hating evil."

Job 2:3 Then GOD said to Satan, "Have you noticed my friend Job? There's no one quite like him, is there--honest and true to his word, totally devoted to God and hating evil? He still has a firm grip on his integrity! You tried to trick me into destroying him, but it didn't work."

So why was God boasting about Job?. What made him so proud of Him? In the early verses of Job , we find the answer.

Job 1:1 Job was a man who lived in Uz. He was honest inside and out, a man of his word, who was totally devoted to God and hated evil with a passion.

Job 1:2 He had seven sons and three daughters.

Job 1:3 He was also very wealthy--seven thousand head of sheep, three thousand camels, five hundred teams of oxen, five hundred donkeys, and a huge staff of servants--the most influential man in all the East!

Job 1:4 His sons used to take turns hosting parties in their homes, always inviting their three sisters to join them in their merrymaking.

Job 1:5 When the parties were over, Job would get up early in the morning and sacrifice a burnt offering for each of his children, thinking, "Maybe one of them sinned by defying God inwardly." Job made a habit of this sacrificial atonement, just in case they'd sinned.

Honesty, truth and kindness were key attitudes in his life, also although he was wealthy, his heart belonged to God, he did not put his riches before God.

Another key attribute was his care for his family, he was an intercessor for his children, he covered them with prayer and care.

He looked on evil with a real hatred, with the same hatred that God has for it. He could not even stand to see his children fall into sin, he made a habit of the sacrifice for his children.
The question that I wish to ask you is the same one that God asked the Devil. Can God speak with the same confidence about you?. If God allowed what happened to Job, to happen to you. What would you do? Would you curse the Lord to His face or would you make Him proud by response?

Everyday the devil is accusing the brethren of doing wrong things, he comes and tries to bring us down. Would the LORD, have the same confidence in us, like He had in Job?

This is a key question, one that we must answer. May our Lord have true confidence in us this year and always, we can have true and constant confidence in HIM.

CAN HE HAVE THE SAME CONFIDENCE IN US?
My friends

All I have is God's word and the promises contained in it, they have stood countless servants in good stead over many years and I see no reason to stop trusting in these true and precious promises

What God has laid on my spirit is that the time is very short. Every day is one day nearer to the second coming of our Lord.. amen. Every day we have the opportunity to share the gospel.. are we doing that? people are perishing my friends. Every day thousands die without Christ. Let us live every day for Christ and care for what HE cared about.. People

How desperate are you for God my friend?

God is desperate for the pure love of His children.. after all He gave everything for us.. shouldn't we give our all to HIM.. without reservation.....do I hear an amen here?

Jim Elliott once said
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"

I wish to finish with some things for you to do this year. These are things that you can do.. make a covenant promise to do one or more of these things.. no one needs to know about it.. Just you and God.

Attend and be committed to your home church. Make sure you are at the prayer meeting and bible study.

Encourage your pastor, tell him/her, how much they mean to you and how their ministry has blessed you. Do this on a regular basis.

Support a missionary or missionary society in prayer and giving.

Pray on a regular basis for the persecuted church.. more Info from Open Doors or Voice of the Martyrs.

Join me to pray for revival at 11 am every Wednesday in your time zone..

Tell your wife/husband that you love them every day

Hug your children and tell them they are special to you

Study the scriptures and spend time quality time in prayer with the Father.

Tell God EVERY DAY that you love Him.

These are just suggestions, you can probably think of many more. They are for your consideration.

God bless you
Keith

Dear Friends

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/p/preciouspromise/

God Bless you

Keith and Helen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 27 Dec 2012, 12:49 am

Welcome to the first of a new series to be sent to you every wednesday

China cry will tell you about what is happening to Keith & Helen and Ming here in Nanjing in China. It will give you an insight into the church in China, it will give you an insight on how to pray for China.

Week in week out you will get an insight which will enable you to pray more purposefully and powerfully. I wish to get these articles published, if you know of any way that they can be, please let me know. Please share them with all your friends/facebook groups and please tweet about them

As I am writing this on Christmas morning, I want to tell you how Christmas is celebrated here in China

CHRISTMAS IN CHINA

Yes, believe it or not Santa Claus and Christmas trees have reached China. Many shops and many places have trees and decorations up. Strange for a country that prides itself of being atheist, that it allows a christian festival to be celebrated. But it is purely commercial, not a spiritual celebration, today in China will be no different to any other day for millions of Chinese.

But for those who love the name of the one who came at Christmas.. it will be different. Because Jesus the one who came lives in their hearts.. this day is so special to them.

There is no presents given today, no turkey/ham.. but to be honest.. do you need these things to truly celebrate Christmas?

Today myself and Helen are going as usual to the garden where we were engaged to eat lunch and then we will go out for supper together simply and remember what happened on this beautiful day all those many years ago.

When you strip away all the trimmings of Christmas.. you are left with Jesus

Yesterday I was in the university area of Nanjing, buying an electric blanket as believe it or not, it gets cold here, I saw a man bowing down to the earth on the street. I suppose I was like Paul at Athens, I was filled with holy anger and gave him a piece of chinese literature.. as I was walking away, a young chinese male student, came and asked why I have done this, I said that I was a Christian and I shared the gospel with him, gave him a card with Helen's phone no and our website on it, and he later texted Helen saying he wanted to trust Christ.

On Sunday, we went to see the service by the teenagers section of family church, at theis service several people came to faith in Christ, including one man who we took, the husband of a dear sister. This man is trapped in addiction to gambling. Please pray for all those who have trusted Christ during this Christmas period.

Christmas in China is no different, people still need Jesus. The angels shared about Jesus, they told the shepherds, the shepherds told everyone.

Whether you are in China, Kenya, UK, USA or Bahrain. You need to be like the angels giving thanks to God for the gift of His Son and be like the Shepherds telling everyone that Jesus the Saviour of the world is Come

It is time to share Jesus, the best present to give anyone is the gift of Jesus.. be like the shepherds and let everyone know he has Come and He is Saviour

Luke 2

The Shepherds and the Angels
8 In that region there were shepherds living in the fields, keeping watch over their flock by night.9 Then an angel of the Lord stood before them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid; for see—I am bringing you good news of great joy for all the people: 11 to you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is the Messiah,[a] the Lord. 12 This will be a sign for you: you will find a child wrapped in bands of cloth and lying in a manger.” 13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host,[b]praising God and saying,

“Glory to God in the highest heaven,
and on earth peace among those whom he favors!”[c]

15 When the angels had left them and gone into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go now to Bethlehem and see this thing that has taken place, which the Lord has made known to us.”16 So they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the child lying in the manger. 17 When they saw this, they made known what had been told them about this child; 18 and all who heard it were amazed at what the shepherds told them. 19 But Mary treasured all these words and pondered them in her heart. 20 The shepherds returned, glorifying and praising God for all they had heard and seen, as it had been told them.

God shared his Son with us at Christmas.. let us share the good news with others.. where ever we are

God bless you all as you share Jesus this Christmas

Keith Helen Ming

Please pray for the two people mentioned above.. one who is saved and one who is seeking

Please pray that the gospel goes forth in power throughout China

Please pray for the church to grow and mature

Dear Friends

God Bless you

Keith and Helen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 21 Dec 2012, 9:58 pm

Welcome to a special Simply Scripture

TRUST HIM AS SAVIOUR

This is a wonderful time of year.. Amen. But we must never forget the real reason for Christmas and that is the greatest gift ever given.. the gift of Jesus.. who was the Saviour of the world. We celebrate His miracle birth at Christmas, because it was like no other.. Amen.

Jesus came into the world to die my friends, he came to give Himself as a sacrifice for sin and to pay the price to set us free. Let us remember also that every prophecy regarding His First coming came true and so also will all prophecies that relate to his Second Coming. This time, He will be coming with all the power and glory of heaven. In His First coming, hardly anyone saw Him, but in His Second coming, every eye will see Him and every tongue confess that HE IS LORD

Make sure that you are ready for that Day. Trust Him as Saviour

I do hope you will enjoy the following devotion. Please pass on these messages to all your friends and please click on the links at the bottom

God bless you

May you all have a truly blessed Christmas and peaceful new year

Please check out this card sent to you with all best wishes and Love in Christ

http://www.123greetings.com/events/christmas/religious/christmas27.html
Keith Helen Ming

Simply Scripture

Reading Matthew 2:1-12

The Visit of the Wise Men

2 In the time of King Herod, after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea, wise men[a] from the East came to Jerusalem, 2 asking, “Where is the child who has been born king of the Jews? For we observed his star at its rising,[b] and have come to pay him homage.” 3 When King Herod heard this, he was frightened, and all Jerusalem with him; 4 and calling together all the chief priests and scribes of the people, he inquired of them where the Messiah[c] was to be born. 5 They told him, “In Bethlehem of Judea; for so it has been written by the prophet:

6 ‘And you, Bethlehem, in the land of Judah,
are by no means least among the rulers of Judah;
for from you shall come a ruler
who is to shepherd[d] my people Israel.’”

7 Then Herod secretly called for the wise men[e] and learned from them the exact time when the star had appeared. 8 Then he sent them to Bethlehem, saying, “Go and search diligently for the child; and when you have found him, bring me word so that I may also go and pay him homage.” 9 When they had heard the king, they set out; and there, ahead of them, went the star that they had seen at its rising,[f] until it stopped over the place where the child was. 10 When they saw that the star had stopped,[g] they were overwhelmed with joy. 11 On entering the house, they saw the child with Mary his mother; and they knelt down and paid him homage. Then, opening their treasure chests, they offered him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. 12 And having been warned in a dream not to return to Herod, they left for their own country by another road.

Fascination

The wise men had studied all about Jesus, they had read the prophets, diligently seeking truths about Him. They were earnest seekers, people who had minds that were open. Are you like the wise men this Christmas? Are you seeking Him? If you are you will truly find Him. Maybe you are searching for the meaning of life, maybe you are asking the question, 'is there more to life than this'.

Well there is, the more is Jesus. He says in John 10:10, that He came to give life and to give it abundantly. Please read the wonderful verses in John 10:1-14

Full of joy vs 10

After all that searching, the wise men have found Jesus, they are totally overjoyed. After many miles and many months of traveling, they had come to the place of true peace, in the presence of the Savior of the world. Maybe you have come a long road and come through so much, that doesn't matter, what matters is that you have come to the place where Jesus can transform your life.

To find Jesus and to know Him as Saviour and Lord is to know Joy overflowing. Let me say that after 5 years of knowing Jesus as Saviour and Lord, he still makes my heart leap for joy, the very thought of Him is so wonderful. He gives lasting joy, a joy that the world cannot replicate.. amen

Faith

What is so good, is that the wise men went in to Jesus, they didn't stay outside. Please go in to Jesus as He wants to receive you. They were important people in their own country, they had prestige, but they fell down and worshiped Jesus, this is the only response one can give to Him. The gifts of the wise men, are likened to our lives, which we give gladly unto our Saviour.

John said in chapter 1 verse 12 of his gospel, that as many as received Him, He gave the power to become the sons of God. Jesus is the gift, but you have got to ask for the gift, if you are sincere, God will give you the greatest gift, Jesus will come by His spirit to live in your heart

Freedom

The Journey home must of been one of delight, these men were not the same men who came to see Jesus, they were different because they had been in His presence. Everyone who comes into the presence of Jesus, is never the same again, He is the one who can transform your life, the only One who can. Be like the wise men and have your lives transformed this Christmas.

Finally

Isa 9:6 For a child has been born--for us! the gift of a son--for us! He'll take over the running of the world. His names will be: Amazing Counselor, Strong God, Eternal Father, Prince of Wholeness

Let me finish with a question? What is Jesus to you this Christmas? Is He the greatest gift you have ever received? He is more than a gift, He is the giver of the gift of Life, true everlasting life, He promises to give you life in abundance. When you trust hHm as Lord and Savior, he becomes your Counselor, your Friend and your peace.

My friends, what I have shared is far too important to push to one side. Please don't say, that there is another day, another time where I will trust Christ. Peter says in Acts 4, that today is the day of Salvation.. not tomorrow and not next year. It is time to decide my friends.

God bless you
Keith

Dear Friends

God Bless you
Keith and Helen
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 18 Dec 2012, 1:42 pm

Welcome to Gems

What a joy it is to be with you once again. I hope you will be blessed by what I have shared here

God bless you
Keith

Gem

It is I!

(Octavius Winslow)
"Take courage! It is I! Do not be afraid." Mark 6:50

Listen, then, to the voice of Jesus in the storm!

It is I who raised the tempest in your soul — and will control it.

It is I who sent your affliction — and will be with you in it.

It is I who kindled the furnace — and will watch the flames, and bring you through it.

It is I who formed your burden, who carved your cross — and who will strengthen you to bear it.

It is I who mixed your cup of grief — and will enable you to drink it with meek submission to your Father's will.

It is I who took from you worldly substance, who bereft you of your child, of the wife of your bosom, of the husband of your youth — and will be infinitely better to you than husband, wife, or child.

It is I who has done it ALL!

I make the clouds My chariot, and clothe Myself with the tempest as with a garment. The night hour is My time of coming, and the dark, surging waves are the pavement upon which I walk. Take courage! It is I! Do not be afraid.

It is I — your Friend, your Brother, your Savior! I am causing all the circumstances of your life to work together for your good.

It is I who permitted . . .
the enemy to assail you,
the slander to blast you,
the unkindness to wound you,
the need to press you!
Your affliction did not spring out of the ground, but came down from above — a heaven-sent blessing disguised as an angel of light, clad in a robe of ebony.

I have sent all in love!

This sickness is not unto death — but for the glory of God.

This bereavement shall not always bow you to the earth, nor drape in changeless gloom your life. It is I who ordered, arranged, and controlled it all!

In every stormy wind,
in every darksome night,
in every lonesome hour,
in every rising fear,
— the voice of Jesus shall be heard, saying, "Take courage! It is I! Do not be afraid."

Excellent Sermon

Please listen to this short twelve minute message.. we need to hear this... so much

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=11908653572

The website is still active.. there are twelve pages full of gems.. I will give you the home page address.. then it is up to you.. there are gems on every page.. browse the site and find these gems. I seek to change the pages as often as I can

Please share this devotion with all your friends and contacts. Post it on your Facebook page.. tweet about it..tell everyone.

If you want to receive the devotions direct to your inbox..please e-mail me at faithhopelovefellowship@hotmail.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 Dec 2012, 10:07 pm

Welcome to Gems

I hope you are blessed by what is shared here. Please take time to click on the Links at the bottom of this devotion.

Thank you and God bless

Keith

Gem

That I may WIN Christ!

(James Smith, "Paul's Seven Wishes" 1856)

"That I may WIN Christ!" Philippians 3:8

Paul was not merely satisfied to know Christ, as the property of someone else; he wanted Christ as his own! He was not only willing to receive Christ as a free gift — but he would win Christ as a prize!

Was Christ to be run for — then he would run.
Was Christ to be wrestled for — then he would wrestle.
Were there any means by which Christ could be obtained, however painful, however costly, however difficult — then Paul would use them!

Did he believe? It was that he might win Christ.
Did he pray? It was that he might win Christ.
Did he preach? It was that he might win Christ.
Did he crucify the old man, mortify the flesh, beat his body and make it his slave? It was that he might win Christ.
Did he suffer the loss of all things, and count them but dung and dross? It was that he might win Christ.
Did he subject himself to stripes, imprisonment, hunger, cold, nakedness, and a martyr's death? It was that he might win Christ.

To possess Christ was his one object, his ruling desire!

Reader, is it your main object and desire?

Are you prepared to part with all to win Christ?

Would you take Christ — in exchange for ease, reputation, wealth, labors, sufferings, yes, even death itself? Paul was; and if you are not, his estimates of Christ and yours cannot be the same.

My soul, I charge you — let this be your object, let this be your aim, always and everywhere: to "win Christ!"

Excellent sermon

Please listen and be blessed

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=103102026141

The website is still active.. there are twelve pages full of gems.. I will give you the home page address.. then it is up to you.. there are gems on every page.. browse the site and find these gems. I seek to change the pages as often as I can

Please share this devotion with all your friends and contacts. Post it on your Facebook page.. tweet about it..tell everyone.

If you want to receive the devotions direct to your inbox..please e-mail me at faithhopelovefellowship@hotmail.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 12 Dec 2012, 11:33 pm

Welcome to Gems

I hope you will like this devotional and associated sermon . Please take time to listen to the sermon and click the link

Keith

Gem

12 Time-wasting thieves!

(Richard Baxter)

"Redeeming the time." Colossians 4:5

"That you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please Him in every way." Colossians 1:10

Thief 1. One of the greatest time-wasting sins, consists of idleness or sloth.

Thief 2. The next thief or time-waster, is excess of sleep.

Thief 3. Another time-waster, is an inordinate adorning of the body.

Thief 4. Another time-wasting thief, is unnecessary pomp and extravagance in household furniture and domestic entertainments.

Thief 5. Another time-wasting sin, is needless feastings, gluttony, and drinking.

Thief 6. Another time-waster, is idle talk.

Thief 7. Another thief which would steal your time, is vain and sinful company.

Thief 8. Another notorious time-wasting thief, is needless, inordinate sports and games — which are masked with the deceitful title of recreations.

Thief 9. Another time-wasting thief, is excess of worldly cares and business.

Thief 10. Another time-waster, is vain, ungoverned and sinful thoughts.

Thief 11. Another dangerous time-wasting sin, is the reading of worthless books, plays, romances, and novels. And also unprofitable studies, undertaken but for pride and vain-glory, or the pleasing of a carnal or curious mind.

Thief 12. But the master-thief that robs men of their time, is an unsanctified, ungodly heart; for this loses time, whatever men are doing — because they never intend to do anything for the glory of God.

"So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do — do it all for the glory of God!" 1 Corinthians 10:31

Sermon

Jesus is wonderful amen

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=14081016182

Website

Please view the new articles placed on this page along with the three wonderful sermons..please take time to read and the articles and listen to the sermons.. all about Christmas.. which means all about JESUS

http://www.ourchurch.com/ member/p/preciouspromise/ index.php?p=1_14_Gallery

Please post this message on all your groups especially facebook. If any of your friends want to receive these devotions direct.. please e-mail me at faithhopelovefellowship@hotmail.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 08 Dec 2012, 10:54 pm

Welcome to Gems

I hope these devotions bless your heart. Please take time to click on the links at the bottom.. it is an excellent sermon on Mark 5 and also take time to view our prayer needs

God bless you

Keith and Helen

Gem

The Excellency of Prayer

(By William Huntington, in a letter to a friend.)

Prayer is the blessed means which God has appointed to bring every grace from Christ to the believer. The believer is to let his requests be made known unto God, and for his encouragement God says that the prayer of the upright is His delight. Yes, He says that He loves to hear it. "Let Me hear your voice, let Me see your face! For your voice is pleasant, and you are lovely!"

Prayer is the casting of our cares and burdens on the Lord. It is the pouring out of the soul before Him, the presenting of our troubles to Him. Prayer is communing and corresponding with Christ—and receiving grace from His fullness to help in every time of need. It is keeping open the communion between the Lord and His people. Prayer is their way of paying morning and evening visits to the King of kings and Lord of lords! It is their means of cultivating and keeping up perfect friendship with a Friend who loves at all times—and therefore it should never be neglected.

Prayer is pouring out the soul unto God and placing before Him our troubles. It is "casting all our cares upon Him who cares for us."—and our burdens upon Him in whom we have "righteousness and strength." Prayer is opening the heart, the mind, and the mouth to Him who has said, "Call upon Me in the day of trouble! I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me." It is besieging the everlasting kingdom, moving the throne of grace and knocking importunately at the door of mercy—encouraged by the promise, "Knock and it shall be opened unto you."

In prayer we must take no denial. If we have but a feeling sense of our needs, and a Scripture warrant of a promise to plead, we must argue, reason, plead, supplicate, intercede, confess, acknowledge, thank, bless, praise, adore, repeat, importune, watch, and take hold of whatever may be of use to the soul. Sinners, sensible of their lost estate by nature, who feel their need and poverty, have many invitations, encouragements, precedents and promises. They have, under the teachings of the Holy Spirit, to plead and rely upon the covenant of Jehovah, the oath of God; the merits of Christ and all His covenant engagements, undertakings and performances; the covenant characters He sustains; His near relationship to them—together with all the glorious train of Divine perfections found in the proclamation of the Name of God to Moses (Ex. 34:6,7)—for these all sweetly harmonize and brightly shine in Christ crucified—who has never once yet disappointed the hope of a penitent sinner, but has graciously said, "Come unto Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest!" His promises, like Himself, are unchangeable, and this is one of them—"The one who comes unto Me, I will never cast out."

Private prayer is the Christian's court-visit to his God—the life and breath of his soul. It is the ascent of the heart to the Almighty—and its returns are the descent of Christ to be the soul's help!

Prayer is the assuagement of grief, the easement of a burdened heart, and the vent of a joyful heart. It is the rich aroma of mystical incense, the overflowing of a living fountain, an all-prevailing sacrifice, and the delight of the Almighty! Moreover, prayer is the greatest, most blessed and most glorious privilege, with which perishing sinners ever were favored!

Prayer is a defense against the spirit of this world, a bar to the inroads of vanity, a maul upon the head of the 'old man', and a lash of scorpions for the devil. It is a bridle in the jaws of a persecutor, a triumph over a voracious enemy, a dagger to the heart of a heretic, a key to parables and difficult Scriptures, and a battering-ram on the walls of salvation—for "the kingdom of heaven has been forcefully advancing, and forceful men lay hold of it."

Prayer uncloses the bountiful hand of God, opens the door of mercy, retains Christ on the throne of the affections, and covers every rival and usurper with shame and confusion of face! It is the believer's Royal Exchange, where he may take his cares, burdens, snares and troubles; his vexations, temptations, doubts and fears; his misgivings of heart, sorrows of mind, hardness of heart and ingratitude; together with his faintness, unbelief, and rebellion; also all his spiritual disorders—the leprosy of sin, the evil within, the plague of his heart, the plague of his head, his deaf ears, blind eyes, feeble knees, languid hands, halting feet and stiff neck! He may take all his sins there get rid of—and leave them all!

In return for their troubles, believers receive from their heavenly Banker numberless deliverances, blessings and mercies; many spiritual refreshings, renewings, revivals and restorations; large returns of comfort, peace, love and joy; together with fresh discoveries, love tokens, wholesome truths, profound mysteries, glorious glimpses, bright prospects, celestial views, undoubted evidences, heavenly lessons; conspicuous deliverances, pledges and foretastes; reviving cordials; valuable banknotes in "exceeding great and precious promises," payable this very day, and every day—and even to millions of ages afterwards—signed, sealed, and delivered by Jehovah Himself—the "God who cannot lie!"

Prayer has often scattered the confederate enemies of the soul, marred the schemes of opponents, frustrated the tales of liars, and made false teachers mad. Prayer counteracts the designs of Satan and his emissaries. It has made the believer to be an enemy to the world, the successful rival of deceivers, the envy of hypocrites, an eye-sore to the devil, the admiration of perishing sinners, a spectacle to the world—and a wonder to himself! He prays to his Father in secret, and his Father who sees in secret has engaged to reward him openly.

By prayer the spiritual pauper comes up from the dust, and the beggar up from the ash-heap—to sit among the princes of God's people, and inherit the throne of glory!

Prayer in faith has brought in countless providential mercies, as well as spiritual blessings. God could have granted them all without asking, but has condescended to honor the exercise of prayer by saying, "For all these things I will be inquired of by the house of Israel—that I may do it for them."

Prayer engages the Almighty on the side of the suppliant, and establishes an alliance with God. "All things are possible to him who believes." "If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer." Prayer has brought health to the sick, hearing to the deaf, speech to the mute, eyes to the blind, life to the dead, salvation to the lost; and has even driven the devil himself from the hearts of many—and brought the God of heaven to dwell in his place.

Prayer is God's appointment, the Spirit's gift, the believer's privilege, and the scourge of Satan! Therefore, prize it and use it!

God is well-pleased, and receives with pleasure, approbation, and delight—all who approach His throne of grace, sensible of their needs—in the name of Christ crucified. Hence faith in Christ becomes the only way of access to God—all other avenues are stopped up! The sword of justice is brandished to keep every other way to the tree of life closed. In Christ, we may come with boldness to the throne of grace; there is no obstacle, no hindrance, in this way. The sword of justice is sheathed, the law magnified, the ransom price paid, the devil dethroned, sin expiated, wrath endured, God well-pleased, sinners redeemed, enemies reconciled—that the Lord God might dwell among them!

Sermon

May you be blessed as you listen to this sermon

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=326101527480

Website

Please keep us all here in China in prayer.. here are our latest prayer needs

http://www.ourchurch.com/ member/p/preciouspromise/ index.php?p=1_13_Pray-for-Us

Please share this devotion with all your friends and groups.. especially facebook. If any of your friends would like to receive these devotions.. please e-mail me at faithhopelovefellowship@hotmail.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Dec 2012, 6:57 pm

Welcome to Gems once again

Gem...(after reading this.. do you think you are being persecuted?)

Afflicted, tormented, and destroyed!

(Thomas Brooks, "Crown and Glory of Christianity" 1662)

Let me give you a little abridgment of the sufferings of some of the early Christians, "of whom the world was not worthy."

1. In the reign of Hadrian the emperor, there were ten thousand Christians crowned with a crowns of thorns, thrust into the sides with sharp lances, and then crucified.

2. Others were so whipped, that their entrails were seen, and afterwards they were thrown upon sharp shells, and then upon sharp nails and thorns. And after all this cruelty, they were thrown to wild beasts to be devoured.

3. Multitudes were banished.

4. Others were pulled apart with wild horses.

5. Some were beaten and racked with bars of iron.

6. Others were cast into loathsome dungeons.

7. Some were burnt in the fire.

8. Others were knocked down and had their brains beaten out with staves and clubs.

9. Some were pricked in their faces and eyes with sharp reeds.

10. Others were stoned to death with stones, as Stephen was.

11. Some were dashed in pieces against millstones.

12. Others had their teeth dashed out of their jaws, and their joints broken.

13. Some were cast down from very high places.

14. Others were beheaded.

15. Some were tormented with razors.

16. Others were slain with the sword.

17. Some were run through with pikes.

18. Others were driven into the wilderness, where they wandered up and down, suffering hunger and cold, and where they were exposed to the fury both of wild beasts, and also to the rage of the barbarous Arabians.

19. Some fled into caves, which their persecutors crammed up with stones, and there they died.

20. Others were trodden to death by the people.

21. Some were hanged on gibbets with a slow fire under them.

22. Others were cast into the sea and drowned.

23. Some were slain by being thrown in mines.

24. Others were hanged by the feet, and choked with the smoke of a small fire, their legs being first broken.

25. Some were covered with oil, and then roasted with a soft fire.

26. Others were hung by one hand, that they might feel the weight of their whole bodies scorching and broiling over burning coals.

27. Some were shot through with arrows, and afterwards thrown into stinking prisons.

28. Others were stripped stark naked, and thrown out in cold, frosty nights; and burnt the next day.

29. In Syria, a company of Christian virgins were stripped stark naked to be scorned by the multitude, then shaved, and then torn in pieces and devoured by beasts.

30. Lastly, many women had the joints of their bodies pulled from another, and their flesh and sides clawed with talons of wild beasts to the bones, and their breasts seared with torches until they died.

And thus you have an account of thirty different ways by which the precious sons and daughters of God have formerly been afflicted, tormented, and destroyed! What heart of stone can read over this list with dry eyes? And now tell me, sirs, whether your sufferings are worth a naming in that day, wherein the sufferings of the precious servants of God in the primitive times are spoken of? Oh, no! Well then, take heed of making molehills mountains, and of crying out, "Is there any sorrow compared to my sorrow; or any sufferings compared to my sufferings?"

Sermon

Please enjoy this message

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=83108119486

Website

This page has details of persecution going on in Today's world..it is updated as often as possible

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/p/preciouspromise/index.php?p=1_10_Persecuted-Church

Please post this on all your groups, send to all your contacts. If any of your friends would like to receive this devotion, please e-mail me at faithhopelovefellowship@hotmail.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Dec 2012, 11:22 pm

Every Wednesday and Saturday you will receive this to benefit your walk with God

Keith and Helen

Gem

An actual, living, personal Friend

(J. C. Ryle, "Faith!")

A man who knows nothing of an inward, spiritual,
experimental religion--is not a true believer!

"Unto you who believe, Christ is precious." 1 Pet. 2:7

This text does not say "Christianity" is precious, or
the "Gospel" is precious, or "salvation" is precious--
but Christ Himself is precious!

A true believer's religion does not consist in mere
intellectual assent to a certain set of propositions
and doctrines. It is not a mere cold belief of a
certain set of truths and facts concerning Christ.
It consists in union, communion, and fellowship
with an actual living Person--even Jesus the Son
of God. It is a life of . . .
faith in Jesus,
confidence in Jesus,
leaning on Jesus,
drawing out of the fullness of Jesus,
speaking to Jesus,
working for Jesus,
loving Jesus, and
waiting for Jesus to come again.

Such life may sound like enthusiasm to many. But
where there is true faith, Christ will always be known
and realized, as an actual, living, personal Friend.
He who knows nothing of Christ as his own Priest,
Physician, Redeemer, Advocate, Friend, Teacher,
Shepherd--knows nothing of saving faith! He is
yet dead in trespasses and sins!

The person who loves Jesus may be poor and needy in
this world--but he is rich in the sight of God. He may
be despised and sneered at by man--but he is honorable
in the sight of the King of kings. He is traveling towards
heaven! He has a mansion ready for him in the Father's
house! He is cared for by Christ, while on earth! He will
be owned by Christ before assembled worlds, in the life
which is to come!

Sermon

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=615111326555

Website

Please read Helen's Excellent sermon

http://www.ourchurch.com/ member/p/preciouspromise/ index.php?p=1_7_Helen-s-page

Please post this devotional on facebook and on all your groups and send to all contacts.. if your friends want to receive this devotional direct to their inbox please ask them to e-mail me at faithhopelovefellowship@hotmail.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 28 Nov 2012, 9:43 pm

Holiness

(J. A. James, "The True Christian" 1846)

"You ought to live holy and godly lives." 2 Peter 3:11

Holiness is a very comprehensive word, and expresses
a state of mind and conduct that includes many things.

Holiness is the work of the Spirit in our sanctification.

Holiness is the fruit of faith in our Lord Jesus Christ.

Holiness is the operation of the new nature, which
we receive in regeneration.

Holiness may be viewed in various aspects, according
to the different objects to which it relates.

Toward God, holiness is . . .
supreme love;
delight in His moral character;
submission to His will;
obedience to His commands;
zeal for His cause;
seeking of His glory.

Toward Christ, holiness is . . .
a conformity to His example,
imbibing His spirit.

Toward man, holiness is . . .
charity,
integrity,
truth,
mercy.

Toward sin, holiness is a hatred of all iniquity,
a tender conscience easily wounded by little sins,
and scrupulously avoiding them; together with a
laborious, painful, self-denying, mortification of
all the known corruptions of our heart.

Toward self, holiness is . . .
the control of our fleshly appetites;
the eradication of our pride;
the mortification of our selfishness.

Toward divine things in general, holiness is . . .
spirituality of mind,
the habitual current of godly thought,
godly affections flowing through the soul.

And, toward the objects of the unseen world,
holiness is heavenly-mindedness, a turning away
from things seen and temporal, to things unseen
and eternal.

Oh, what a word is holiness! How much does
it comprehend! How little is it understood, and
how much less is it practiced!
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 22 Nov 2012, 6:32 pm

Please read and share with your friends on how to know God.

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/p/preciouspromise/index.php?p=1_5_The-Glorious-Gospel

Article 1

From Prayer need Ministry

White Lies and Falsehood

“I hate and despise falsehood but I love Thy law…Psalm 119:163.”

The subject of Christians telling white lies or dealing in falsehood hits close to home for many of us. Telling “little” white lies or dealing in falsehood is not supposed to happen is it? After all, we are Disciples of Jesus Christ. But it does occur and when it happens it may not always be deliberate or malicious. Often, we suddenly find ourselves caught in a trespass as if we were blindsided. We never intended to lie for we love God’s Word and know we are to deal in truth with each other. Yet, the reality is that we land every morning on two feet of clay and our two natures begin their battle deciding who will win the day’s victories. This warfare is described for us in Galatians 5:17: “For the flesh sets its desire against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; for these are in opposition to one another, so that you may not do the things that you please.”

Satan, the Bread of Death, loves this vulnerability in us and looks for ways to exploit it. He looks for every opportunity made available to him to destroy our testimony. Jesus warned us in the Scriptures to beware for Satan for he is the Father of Lies. (John 8:44) So what do we do to assure our Spirit side wins this daily battle? Well, the victory comes by looking to The Bread of Life for His answers and feeding upon His eternal truths. The better we understand the reasons we get caught up telling white lies, the better chance we have to minimize the occurrence. The writer of Proverbs reminds us, “Bread obtained by falsehood is sweet to a man, but afterward his mouth will be filled with gravel.” (Prov. 20:17) This describes the end result of dealing in falsehood and white lies. Initially, all may appear well and for a season there may be pleasure in sin. You achieve a temporary reprieve but in the final analysis you are trapped in a spider web of your own weaving from which you cannot escape.

Ephesians 4:25 exhorts us: “Therefore, laying aside falsehood speak truth, each one of you, with his neighbor, for we are members of one another.” The Lord desires our yea to be yea and our nay to be nay (Matt. 5:37) for we are connected to one another and to Him. Yet, there is a tendency as Christians to feel we have to present a “Holier than Thou” attitude or put on some front to impress the world we are solid Christians. But God wants us to represent ourselves to the world as ourselves not as what we think we should be or how we want other people to perceive us. The Bible says we are each fearfully and wonderfully made and upon that we should focus. We do not have to sell ourselves to others. God will do that if we are abiding in Him and desiring to do His will. The wise writer of Proverbs says: “Let another man praise thee, and not thine own mouth; a stranger, and not thine own lips.” (Proverbs 27:2) Often we feel we have to take control rather than letting God have control of our lives. We forget that He that started a good work in us will bring it to completion (Phil. 1:6). We can trust God knows what is best and if He wants us to be exalted He will do it in His perfect timing. Any other effort on our part produces hay, wood and stubble for the Kingdom of God.

The Bible shows we become vulnerable to white lies and falsehood when we fear the truth might hurt our standing in the Christian community or with others whose approval means much to us. Know that fear, when it forces us to sin is a fear of man. Proverbs 16:6 says: “By lovingkindness and truth iniquity is atoned for, and by the fear of the Lord one keeps away from evil.” It is the “fear of the Lord” which keeps one safe from the fear of man. The Apostle John emphasizes this in 1 John 4:18: “There is no fear in love: but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.” As we understand God’s perfect love for us, fear is melted away like snow under the rays of a noonday sun. And when fear is melted away, the tendency to deal in falsehood will dissipate. To counter the temptation which can cause us to default to the flesh, God’s Word repeatedly advises not to be afraid of the sudden fear that comes upon us. The Bible says God has not given us a spirit of fear (2 Tim. 1:7) and to be anxious for nothing (Phil. 4:6). The truth is that we have nothing to fear from God in telling the truth and everything to lose if we do not.

This tendency behind dealing in falsehood, which is so often seen in the pages of the Bible from Adam and Eve to King David, is to quickly cover our wrong. We do this because under the deception of sin we think we will not get caught. Yet, such an attempt on our part is like a surgeon closing up a cancer patient without removing the cancer. The Bible says: “He who conceals his transgression will not prosper; but he who confesses and forsakes them will find compassion.” (Proverbs 28:13) And the Psalmist writes: “Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.” (Ps. 32:1) Man through the ages has fallen prey to covering up his sin with disastrous results. But dealing with our sin without the shed blood of Jesus Christ leaves a cancerous growth which comes with the accompanying weight of guilt – guilt the Lord never intended you or me to carry.

The very insanity of sin’s deception is that we feel secure in our actions even though they are wrong. Matthew 10:26 assures us we will be found out: “Fear them not therefore: for there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known.” King David said in the Psalms: “Whither shall I go from thy spirit? Or whither shall I flee from thy presence?” (Ps. 139:7) God knows our heart. He sees every action and the motive behind it and still loves us with an unchanging and unceasing love.

Do you carry a burden of guilt as a result of white lies and falsehood? You do not have too. The Waymaker has made the way for you and me. Ask Our Burden Bearer to forgive you for your sins (1 John 1:9) and enjoy His rest (Matt. 11:28) which comes from being freed from the spider web of our own making. The High Priest is waiting with open arms. Let us join together in making white lies and dealing in falsehood a thing of our past.

Article 2 by Pastor Ricky

Your Greatest Need
by Pastor Ricky Kurth

Even in these challenging financial times, the greatest need of a Christian is not monetary. It is rather found in Colossians 1:11, where Paul prays that we might be

"Strengthened with all might, according to His glorious power, unto all..."

Unto all what? Whatever it is, Paul is convinced we are going to have to be "strengthened" with "all might" according to "His glorious power" to obtain it. As we read on, Paul tells us the goal of all this empowerment:

"...unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness."

Patience? The reason we need all this mighty empowering is so we can be patient? While this may seem anticlimactic, we submit that patience is our greatest need. We need patience to put up with the world's wickedness, the abortions, etc., patience in knowing the Second Coming of Christ will right the world's wrongs. We need patience as televangelists continue to dominate the airwaves with their dilutions and pollutions of the gospel, and patience as Bible teachers muddle the minds of the saints by their failure to rightly divide the Word. And since no man today has the gift of healing, we need patience with our physical infirmities, and longsuffering as we wait for that wonderful change that will come to our bodies at the Rapture (Phil. 3:20,21).

Finally, we need patience with one another, as we learn to not just put up with other believers, but to actually give them the same unconditional love and acceptance God extends to us. Moses was patient with unbelieving Pharaoh, but lost his patience with his brethren. How like us! But ask yourself, when did David show greater spiritual strength, when he slew Goliath, or when he refused to slay Saul?

Paul says we are to be strengthened to all patience "according to His glorious power," but what is God's glorious power? The destructive power He exhibited at the Red Sea is called "glorious" (Ex. 15:6), but we suggest that God's glorious power today is seen in His patience. The fact that God could put an end to the abortions and religious confusion, but doesn't, is His most glorious power in the dispensation of grace.

The apostle concludes by praying that we might be patient "with joyfulness," perhaps the hardest part of longsuffering. God doesn't chafe under the vexations He receives from the world, religion, and the Body of Christ, and neither should we!

If this kind of power were not available to us, Paul would not be praying that we might have it. And so may his prayer also be the prayer of our hearts, as we enthusiastically study the only source of spiritual strength, God's Word rightly divided.

---Pastor Kurth

Sound Teaching

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=1231101830538

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=1014122148379
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 20 Nov 2012, 12:18 am

Please pray for us.keep Myself, Helen and Ming in you prayers

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/p/preciouspromise/index.php?p=1_13_Pray-for-Us

Gem 1

True faith

(Thomas Watson, "The Lord's Prayer")

True faith is joined with holiness. As a little
musk sweetens, so a little faith purifies. Though
faith does but touch Christ梚t fetches a healing
virtue from Him. Justifying faith does that in a
spiritual sense, which miraculous faith does梚t
removes the mountains of sin, and casts them
into the sea of Christ's blood!

True faith is prolific. It brings forth fruit; it has
Rachel's beauty梐nd Leah's fruitfulness. Faith is
full of good works. It believes as if it did not work
梐nd it works as if it did not believe. Faith is the
spouse-like grace which marries Christ; and good
works are the children which it bears!

Gem 2

All the links of the golden chain of salvation

(Thomas Brooks, "A Cabinet of Choice Jewels" 1669)

"It is by grace you have been saved!" Ephesians 2:5

All the links of the golden chain of salvation are
made up of free grace! The people of God are . . .
freely loved, Deuteronomy 7:6-8;
freely chosen, John 15:16-19, Ephesians 1:4;
freely accepted, Ephesians 1:6;
freely adopted, Ephesians 1:5, Galatians 4:5-6;
freely reconciled, 2 Corinthians 5:18-20;
freely justified, Romans 3:24;
freely saved, Ephesians 2:5, 8.

Free grace is the foundation of all spiritual and eternal
mercies. Free grace is the solid bottom and foundation
of all a Christian's comfort in this world. Were we to
measure the love of God to us by . . .
our fruitfulness,
our holiness,
our humbleness,
our spiritualness,
our heavenly-mindedness, or
our gracious behavior towards Him
梙ow would our hope and our confidence be
every moment staggered梚f not vanquished!

But all is of grace梠f free grace! O sirs! it is free grace . . .
which will strengthen you in all your duties,
which will sweeten all your mercies,
which will support you under all your changes,
which will arm you against all temptations!

"For it is by grace you have been saved!" Ephesians 2:8

Gem 3.

A very little sin?

Repentance is as much a mark of a Christian,
as faith is. A very little sin, as the world calls
it, is a very great sin to a true Christian.
-Spurgeon

Sound Teaching.

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=910121219260

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=517121549270

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=331091032353
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 18 Nov 2012, 5:11 pm

Please sign our guestbook.

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/p/preciouspromise/index.php?p=1_2_Mission-and-Vision

Sexual Sin & Unbiblical Teaching

special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 Bible

"God hates the doctrine that teaches we can be saved and at the same time live immoral lives. To hate what God hates is an essential character of those loyal to Christ." -The Full Life Study Bible
"It is sin not to hate what God hates." - Jamieson, Fausset & Brown Commentary
"The filthiness of the spirit and the filthiness of the flesh often go together. Corrupt doctrines and a corrupt worship often lead to a corrupt conversation (lifestyle)." - Matthew Henry

"We must reject all spokespersons who put their words above Biblical revelation...and who state that God accepts within the church any who commit acts of immorality and participate in the evil pleasures of the world. Some in the church often tolerate such false teaching because of indifference, fear of confrontation, or personal friendship, or because of a desire for peace, harmony, personal advancement, or money; God will destroy such a church with its leaders." - The Full Life Study Bible

In Revelation 2:6, we find the Lord Jesus commending the Church at Ephesus for one specific thing. He just got finished rebuking them for leaving their "first love." After calling them to repentance for that, He then says - "But this thou hast, that thou hatest the deeds of the Nicolaitans, which I also hate."

First of all, we want to take note of the fact that the Lord Jesus found this action commendable in the Church at Ephesus. Theyhappened to hate something that He hated. In other words, in this one area, they were in conformity to His will and ways.

What was it that both the Lord Jesus and the Ephesians hated?

It was "the deeds of the Nicolaitans."

Who were these "Nicolaitans" and what were their "deeds"that were especially hateful to Jesus and this particular church?

Many commentators agree that this was a sect that sprang fromNicholas - a proselyte of Antioch - who happened to be one of the seven deacons of Jerusalem. He apostatized from the truth and became the founder of this Antinomian (anti-law) sect. This specific "loose" religious group of people were characterized by their sensuality - for seducing Christians into participating in idolatrous feasts and in sexually immoral practices.

This order - if you will - of Gnostics taught the most impure doctrines and followed the most impure practices. They supported the practice of having their wives in common...considered Christian liberty to mean that one had a license to commit sensual sins...caused the people to turn to the pagan laxity of morals... troubled the church in teaching that those under grace were free to practice idolatry and sexual sins...affirmed that sexual immorality did not affect one's salvation in Christ...taught that in order to master sensuality, one had to know the whole range of it by experience... advocated that their followers had to abandon themselves without reserve to the lusts of their bodies...and preached that the sin of immorality did not touch their spirit but only concerned their body.

The name "Nicolaos" - interestingly enough - was the Greek version of the name Balaam. Both names meant - "destroyer of the people."

When we delve into the Old Testament, we discover that Balaam was a false prophet who seduced the Israelites into sin (Numbers 22-25). He showed the heathen king Balak - who was looking for a way to overcome these people - how to set a trap for them by beguiling them into committing the double sins of idolatry and fornication with the daughters of Moab and Midian. Through these enticements to sin, Balaam turned their hearts away from the Lord ...led them astray ...and caused them to reap the horrible judgment of Almighty God - rather than His favor or protection.

Did you catch the similarities between the Nicolaitans and Balaam? These two "destroyers of the people" accomplished their goals through the sins of idolatry and immorality.

However, Balaam was not the only leading agent of moral contamination under the Old Testament dispensation. There wasanother great seducer to idolatry. That one was Jezebel - the daughter of Ethbaal, king of Tyre and Sidon - and wife of King Ahab (1 Kings 16:31).

So we see from the Scriptures that the Nicolaitans, Balaamites, and those of a Jezebel spirit all had one thing in common - they were"corrupters of the people" - corrupters through idolatry and sexually immoral practices.

Even though the Church at Ephesus was rebuked for leaving their "first love," the Lord commended them for their hatred and intolerance of the sin of the Nicolaitans.

We need to stop right here and ask all of you readers some pointed questions - Would the Lord Jesus commend you for your hatred and utter intolerance of sexual immorality in the church? Are you walking with Jesus so much so that you "hate" what He hates? Are you fully aware of the fact that He "hates" the doctrine that advocates that you can be saved and still live immorally?

You are either on the hating side or the tolerating side.

Perhaps you attend a church where the Pastor preaches a "loose" or"anything goes" Gospel. Consequently, the leaders or members of the congregation are committing all kinds of sexual sins and it is simply "swept under the carpet." Or it may be excused in this way -"We all slip...or we all go astray."

No, we don't all slip, and we don't all go astray!

And Jesus has many followers who are not modern-dayNicolaitans, Balaamites, or those of a Jezebel spirit.

In fact, if you're not of the contrary spirit than these "destroyers," you're not saved! You're not walking with Jesus- as you suppose!

In Pergamos, there were those who were "into" Christian liberty.They thought it was "cool" or "seeker-friendly" to teach that saving faith in Christ and a lifestyle of immorality were compatible.

Read what the Lord Jesus had to say about this group of believers -"But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balak to cast a stumbling block before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication. So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate"(Revelation 2:14-15).

Once again, please take note that the Lord made it plain and clearthat He hated the "doctrine of the Nicolaitans" which proposed the toleration of sin, unrighteousness, and unbiblical teaching.

His response to the Pergamos church was not "soft" and "gentle."On the contrary, it was stern and cutting - "Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of My mouth" (Revelation 2:16).

How many reading this message would like to receive a"word from the Lord" like this one? Which of you would want to have Him fight against you "with the sword of His mouth"?

Pergamos was not the only church to receive a sharp rebuke for tolerating sin and unbiblical teaching. Thyatira received a similar reprimand from the Lord - "Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which callest herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce My servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols" (Revelation 2:20). This church was putting up with leaders whose primary object was sexual immorality. Through the gift of prophecy, they were leading their "victims" into the grossest carnality. They claimed to speak for God, and because they manifested great talents, power, position, success, and influence, they were accepted by the church.

What did Jesus have to say about those following in the spirit of Jezebel?

Revelation 2:21-23 says - "And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds. And I will kill her children with death: and all the churches shall know that I am He Which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works."

Once again, it is very evident that the Lord "hates" and will not tolerate the "doctrine of the Nicolaitans," the "doctrine of Balaam," or the"suffering" of "Jezebel" in His church.

You are either hating the acceptance of sexual sin and unbiblical teaching in the church of today or else you aretolerating it.

We leave you with our opening quotes -

"God hates the doctrine that teaches we can be saved and at the same time live immoral lives. To hate what God hates is an essential character of those loyal to Christ."
"It is sin not to hate what God hates."

May God Bless His Word,

Connie

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. (Isaiah 54:17)

© COPYRIGHT Connie Giordano - All Rights Reserved

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 14 Nov 2012, 11:29 am

Read our love story

Gem 1

It is not better preaching!

(J. C. Ryle)

"When the Spirit of truth comes — He will guide you into all truth." John 16:13

Does anyone of us desire to help the Church of Christ? Then let him pray for a great outpouring of the Spirit. Only the Holy Spirit can . . .
give edge to sermons,
and point to advice,
and power to rebukes,
and can cast down the high walls of sinful hearts!

It is not better preaching, and finer writing that is needed in this day — but more of the presence of the Holy Spirit!

Gem 2

WHY?

"Why was I made to hear Your voice
And enter while there's room,
When thousands make a wretched choice
And rather starve than come?

It was the same love that spread the feast
That sweetly forced me in.
Else I had still refused to taste,
And perished in my sin"

--Isaac Watts

Gem 3

The perfection of God

(Newman Hall, "Leaves of Healing
from the Garden of Grief" 1891)

"As for God, His way is perfect."
2 Samuel 22:31

God's wisdom cannot err.

God's holiness cannot sin.

God's love cannot be cruel.

God's immutability cannot change.

God's eternity cannot end.

The perfection of God is a source
of sweetest consolation to us, in
our feebleness and foolishness.

If He were not Omniscient,
we might suffer and He not know.

If He were not Omnipresent,
we might cry and He not hear.

If He were not Omnipotent,
we might perish and He be unable to help.

If He were not good,
He would not care for us, or might crush us.

"He is the Rock, His works are perfect,
and all His ways are just." Deut. 32:4

Though the Lord is exalted, yet He has regard
unto the humble. He has not despised the
affliction of His afflicted children, nor hid His
face from them.

I am poor and needy, yet the Lord thinks
upon me. Put my tears into Your bottle.

Sound Teaching

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=10241195584

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=829121618542

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=101612849220
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 11 Nov 2012, 3:40 pm

Men & Modesty
By: Nick Griemsmann

Not too long ago I was talking with a Christian friend of mine about something that seems to be a problem that no one really talks about in church today. Well, this lady mentioned to me that she was sitting in a service at her local church with another lady one Sunday morning. One of the youth pastors was preaching the message this particular day. She went on to tell me that as soon as this "late 20's something" minister went on stage, they could see his private area outlined through his skin-tight designer jeans. She told me that her friend and she had a very hard time listening to his preaching because they were caught up fighting temptations to lust after this man's body parts. This preacher was a married man and a leader in the local church. She couldn't understand why he wore such provocative clothing while in front of the whole congregation and in turn possibly "stumbling" other sisters in Christ. This teaching is on Men & Modesty.

Modesty really boils down to these two major things; stumbling your brother/sister and having a bad testimony to the outsiders. Just as a Christian woman needs to be modest (1Tim 2:9), a Christian man should be modest too. Do you think spending hundreds of dollars on designer clothing to "be noticed" is being modest? How about wearing spandex shirts to show off your muscles or tattoos? Is this modest? What about driving your super shiny overly expensive car to "look good"? Is that modest? Or your "bling" jewelry to draw attention to yourself? Is that modest? Or how about spending tons of time doing your worldly hairstyle so people see that you "fit in" with the world? Modest? I am not condemning anyone here because I used to do some of what's listed here but the Holy Spirit changed me and He wants to change you too. The truth is that all these things are worthless in the sight of God, He sees your heart. You don't need to be "flashy" or "dress to impress" to have self worth or to get people to be your friend. Father God wants to change many men's hearts and to make them "Modest Warriors" for Him. I truly believe that this has to start with the men because men are the spiritual heads of the family unit that was designed by God.

Jesus told us that if you look at a woman to lust after her then you have already committed adultery with her in your heart (Matt 5:28). It goes the other way too. If a woman is lusting after your muscles in your tight t-shirt, super form fitting jeans, etc, then you are actually "stumbling" that sister in Christ. Wouldn't you agree? If you are walking into your church "flexing" your muscles and "pride walking" with your shiny hairdo with the goal to get women to "check you out", then you are actually trying to cause your sister to sin. See what I am getting at here? No wonder you might seem stuck in your walk with Christ or you possibly don't seem to be feeling His presence lately. Could it be He is trying to open your eyes to your need for deliverance from the world? Read 1John 2:16, "For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world." Believe it or not, most people who dress and carry themselves in these types of ways are usually still in their spiritual diapers and need more of the Holy Spirit in their life. Even if you see a big time pastor or minister acting like this, he could possibly still be in his spiritual diapers too.

You might say, "You are religious!" or "I already am a modest man". That is good, but I ask that you also take an inventory of how you run your own Christian household too, where as a man you are the leader, correct? Does your Christian wife go out of your house in revealing clothing? Does she wear eight inch stilettos around town? Do her jeans seem to suction to her lower half? What about cleavage shirts at church? Does your Christian wife have or desire to get plastic surgery to be "prettier"? What about your teenage daughters? Do you allow them to go to church in daisy duke (super short) shorts? Do they show cleavage or wear revealing clothing to their youth group services? Does your wife and daughter(s) wear bikinis in public? Aren't those kind of similar to a pair of underwear and a bra? Just being real here. This is your Christian family, isn't it? Aren't you a follower of Jesus Christ? Could the way that you allow your Christian family members to dress be possibly stumbling other believers in the Body of Christ and possibly bringing reproach to Christ? And besides, what do unsaved people think of Christians that are not walking in modesty? I am not talking about long skirts, no makeup, and no jewelry here. I do not believe in man-made rules/regulations for Christians, but what I am talking about here is that Christians need to use common sense in the way that they represent themselves as followers of Jesus Christ. Wouldn't you agree? What about how unsaved people might think about both Christian men and women in the churches? What about that? I see it all the time in the churches and I am thinking you possibly have too. The top of the pastor's wife's breasts might be hanging out on stage all the time, men in leadership sometimes seem to use more hairspray and hair dye then the women do, the camera people seem to "zoom in" on the more "attractive" or more "seductive" male/females on the worship team while video recording a service, the youth groups have "late night dance parties", Christian TV is filled with vanity and plastic people, the usher's push-up bra cleavage is sometimes put right in some married guys face when they are passing the communion elements or offering bucket around the church, many worship leaders seem to dress like night club attendees, women leaders preaching at conferences with skin tight leather pants on that look like the type of pants that a prostitute would only wear, and don't forget the really high "exotic dancer type stiletto high heels" that many women leaders wear around the churches too. If you haven't noticed, nowadays, both male and female Christian leaders are showing too much flesh and body parts and not modeling modesty within their own family units and/or in their churches. And we are not saying anything to them. Why not? The truth is that their behavior is actually allowing the spirit of the world (a demon) to run "a muck" in the Christian world and I wholeheartedly believe it is also causing many brothers and sisters to stumble into sin and bringing reproach to the name of Jesus Christ. Please know that I do understand that most people are lacking in the modesty area out of their own ignorance of the Holy Spirit's presence in their lives but the more mature Christians do know that they shouldn't be representing Christ in this manner and I believe the Lord had me write this article to help them possibly come to their senses (2Tim 2:26).

NOTE: Unsaved people and newly saved Christians are not what I am talking about in this article. I am talking about people who usually have known the Lord for many years and would probably tell you that they are "close to Jesus". Once again, I do not believe in religion, legalism, or religious rules and regulations, but I do believe that the more mature followers of Christ need to start setting the example of holiness, purity, and love and at the same time teach others (in love) about self respect and modesty, especially the youth.

The church needs to wake up and I believe that it has to start with the men. Because the men are the head of the households. The only real answer to this is Jesus and His love. We have to grow closer to Him. We have to speak the truth in love without compromise. We can't make rules and regulations about clothing but at the same time we can't allow what is happening to continue. We must get some discernment in the Body of Christ! This is why we currently have a powerless church - compromise. We have compromised with the world and now our churches are looking like social clubs instead of a place of holiness, love and power. This is why we need for the men to stand up and say "No more!" Once again, this must be done in love. The men have to be the examples to the wives and daughters and sisters. If they don't see modesty, love, purity and holiness in us, they will never want to follow us down the Narrow Roadwith Jesus, will they? Take it or leave it. I hope you are encouraged today that (non-legalistic) modesty of both men and women is a good thing for the church because it doesn't give the spirit of the world a stronghold in the Body of Christ.

Would you please ask the Lord if He would like for you to make copies of this articleand hand them (or mail them) to your pastors, leaders and others in your church? To print this article right now from your computer, please click here.

special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 6 162

God bless all of you!

Nick Griemsmann

Sound Teaching

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=630081122444

To view More excellent sermons and articles

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/p/preciouspromise/index.php?p=1_11_Guest-Page

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/p/preciouspromise/index.php?p=1_14_Gallery
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 08 Nov 2012, 6:12 pm

Gem 1

Go simply to Jesus!

(Octavius Winslow, "Evening Thoughts")

What is your sorrow?

Has health failed you?

Has property forsaken you?

Have friends turned against you?

Are you tried in your circumstances?

Are you perplexed in your path?

Are providences thickening and darkening around you?

Are you anticipating seasons of approaching trial?

Are you walking in darkness, having no light?

Go simply to Jesus!

He is a tender, loving, faithful Friend, ever near.

He is a Brother born for your adversity.

His grace and sympathy are sufficient for you.

The great secret of a life of faith is . . .
to hang upon Jesus daily;
to go to Him in every trial;
to cast upon Him every burden;
to take the infirmity, the corruption, the cross,
as it rises, simply and immediately to Jesus.

You are to set Christ before you . . .
as your Example to imitate;
as your Fountain to wash in;
as your Foundation to build upon;
as your Fullness to draw from;
as your tender, loving, and confiding Brother and
Friend, to go to at all times and under all circumstances.

Gem 2

IDOLATRY!
Spurgeon, "A Summary of Experience and a Body of Divinity"

If you love anything better than God you are idolaters.

If there is anything you would not give up for God it is your idol.

If there is anything that you seek with greater fervor-
that is your idol.

Conversion means a turning from every idol.

Gem 3

Full Surrender

Make a full surrender of every inclination of your heart.

Work to have but one purpose, and one aim.

And for this purpose give God complete control of your heart.

Cry out for more of the divine control of the Holy Spirit, so that
as your soul is preserved and protected by Him, that it may be
directed into one river, and one only, that your life may run deep
and pure, and clear and peaceful; its only banks being God's will,
its only river the love of Christ and a desire to please Him.
--Spurgeon

Sound Teaching

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=53006233531

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=111111037360

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=916122043348

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next