World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 41 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 41 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» Israel War UPDATE
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyToday at 12:25 am by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyToday at 12:08 am by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:23 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:19 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 11:09 pm by Admin

» SOROS Funds pro-terroist groups support of Hamas
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:57 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:31 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:00 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 7:57 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 11:29 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 9:19 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyWed 24 Apr 2024, 6:38 pm by Admin

»  Biden again-China could start WW3
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:54 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:22 pm by Admin

» israelAM
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:10 pm by Admin

» The wonder Prophet of the OT
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyTue 23 Apr 2024, 9:02 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 11:15 pm by Admin

» Jews of Egypt
special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 EmptyMon 22 Apr 2024, 9:46 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals)

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 Empty Re: special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals)

Post  Admin Thu 13 Jun 2013, 10:40 pm

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

May you be blessed as you read these devotions, you know reading them will not change your life, but obeying the life changing truths of the bible will.. amen

I hope you don't just read these devotions but that you respond in repentance and obedience.

Pleas take time to click on the featured page link and to sing along to the song

God bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

ARE YOU IN THE RIGHT PLACE?

2 Samuel 11:2,3

2 And it came to pass in an eveningtide, that David arose from off his bed, 
and walked upon the roof of the king's house: and from the roof he saw a 

woman washing herself; and the woman was very beautiful to look upon. 

3 And David sent and enquired after the woman. And one said, Is not this 
 Bathsheba, the daughter of Eliam, the wife of Uriah the Hittite? 

David usually made a point of asking the Lord about everything.

So why didn't he enquire of the Lord here?

Probably because David wasn't in the place he should of been.. amen?

When we aren't at the place, that we should be with God. Then we are more 
   liable to fall into sin and to leave ourselves wide open to temptation.

David was a king, and so he had probably faced this temptation before, but 
   victory in the past, was no defence to Him. Whatever victories we have had 

in the past, this will not guarantee victory in the future. We have to 
 continually die to self and to crucify the flesh daily to continually be 

victorious.. amen

These verses should act as a warning to us. David knew exactly who Bathsheba 
was and still he went and enquired after her.

How often do we know that something is wrong for us to do. But we still 
  enquire after it?

We fall into sin so often, because we basically make the wrong choices, we 
   know the right thing to do, but we don't do it.. amen 

We need to feed on the word of God and pray at all times. Also we need to 
  discipline our minds.   David's sin, started with laziness, but continued 

with a look. then he took action.. this is the same for us.. inactivity 

brings laziness.. leads to us looking at things we shouldn't.. leads to us 
taking wrong actions.

Let us not be lazy in reading the word and prayer and serving God. Let us 
  not be one of the ones who is walking the rooftops instead of fighting the 

enemy

God Bless you

Keith

Guest Devotion by Sandy

THE TONGUE !

Your words, your dreams, and your thoughts have power to create conditions in your life. 

What you speak about, you can bring about.

If you keep saying you can't stand your job, you might lose your job.

If you keep saying you can't stand your body, your body can become sick.

If you keep saying you can't stand your car, your car could be stolen or just stop operating.

If you keep saying you're broke, guess what? You'll always be broke.

If you keep saying you can't trust a man or trust a woman, you will always find someone in your life to hurt and betray you.

If you keep saying you can't find a job, you will remain unemployed.

If you keep saying you can't find someone to love you or believe in you, your very thought will attract more experiences to confirm your beliefs.

If you keep talking about a divorce or break up in a relationship,

Then you might end up with it.

Turn your thoughts and conversations around to be more positive and power packed with faith, hope, love and action.

Don't be afraid to believe that you can have what you want and deserve.

Watch your Thoughts, they become words.

Watch your words, they become actions

Watch your actions, they become habits.

Watch your Habits, they become character.

Watch your Character, for it becomes your Destiny

The minute you settle for less than you deserve, you get even less than you settle for.

Special Sermon

Be encouraged and challenged by this sermon

Guest website

Please take time to read this website

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals) - Page 4 Empty Re: special Simply Scripture (from Keith of Noonday Devotionals)

Post  Admin Tue 11 Jun 2013, 10:24 pm

"Surely it is an intolerable disgrace to anyone to
profess to be a Christian, and have no concern about
the souls of others, while they are perishing by millions."

Anonymous

Be consistent!

Spurgeon- "Christ's People- Imitators of Him"

For Christianity's sake, strive to imitate Jesus.

Ah! poor Christianity, you have been sorely shot at by cruel
foes, but you have not been wounded one-half so much by
them as by your friends.

None have hurt you, O, Christianity,
so much as those who profess to be your followers.

Who have made these wounds in this fair hand of godliness?
I say, the professor has done this, who has not lived up to his
profession; the man who with pretences enters the fold,
being nothing but a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Such men, sirs, injure the gospel more than others-
more than the laughing infidel, more than the sneering critic,
does the man hurt our cause who professes to love it,
but in his actions does belie his love.

Christian, do you love that cause?
Is the name of the dear Redeemer precious to you?
Would you see the kingdoms of the world become the
kingdoms of our Lord and his Christ?
Do you wish to see the proud man humbled and the mighty
abased?
Do you long for the souls of perishing sinners, and are you
desirous to win them, and save their souls from the
everlasting burning?
Would you prevent their fall into the regions of the damned?
Is it your desire that Christ should see the travail of his soul,
and be abundantly satisfied?
Does your heart yearn over your fellow-immortals?
Do you long to see them forgiven?

Then be consistent with your religion.

Walk 'before God' in the land of the living.

Behave as an elect man should do.

Recollect what manner of people we ought to
be in all holy conversation and godliness.

This is the best way to convert the world;
yes, such conduct would do more than even the efforts
of missionary societies, excellent as they are.

Let but men see that our conduct is superior to others,
then they will believe there is something in our religion.

But , if they see us quite the contrary to what we avow,
what will they say?
"These religious people are no better than others!
Why should we go among them?"
And they say this quite rightly.
It is but common-sense judgment.

Ah! my friends, if you love Christianity,
be consistent, and walk in the love of God.

Follow Christ Jesus.

An unsaved person's perspective of Christians

(James Smith, "The Book You Will Like!" 1859)

I do not believe that you Christians believe your own creed — for if you were persuaded that things really are as your Bibles teach, and that we poor lost people were really going to such a dreadful place as you say Hell is — then you would act more humanely toward us.

If you saw our houses on fire — you would run and help us to put the fire out; or if you saw us in danger of death — you would try to do something to save us. But you pretend to believe that we are going to Hell, and that Hell burns with fire and brimstone forever, and that once there we can never get out — and yet you talk to us about all sorts of things — but never say one word to us about saving our souls from this terrible doom!

So I have reasoned thus: either you Christians don't believe what you say — or else you must be the most hardened and unfeeling wretches in the universe! Now, as I don't believe that you are such cruel, hardened, and unfeeling people as this supposes — then I must conclude that, with all your talk — you Christians don't really believe what your Bibles teach!

For if you really believe what you say about sin, and Hell, and our danger — then you would act differently; and if you have a spark of kindness in your hearts — you would try to save us from such a dreadful doom. And, on the other hand, if you do not believe what you profess — then you Christians cannot be honest; and to say the least, there must be a great deal of hypocrisy among you.

Now, I honestly tell you that these are the things which have stumbled me more than anything, and until I can see you Christians act differently — I will not be persuaded to believe what your sort of folks say.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 08 Jun 2013, 10:08 pm

You can't imagine what an amazing joy it is to share with you once again. I hope you are so blessed by what God has laid on my heart.

Please take time to click on and read and listen to the links and please pass on these devotions to all your friends and contacts. I know that these devotions are read on all 5 continents.. isn't that amazing

Thanks and God bless

Keith

NOONDAY DEVOTION BY KEITH

ARE YOU DESPISING GOD OR HIS COMMANDMENTS?

2 Samuel 12

9 Why have you despised the commandment of the Lord, doing evil in His sight? You have slain Uriah the Hittite with the sword and have taken his wife to be your wife. You have murdered him with the sword of the Ammonites.
14 Nevertheless, because by this deed you have utterly scorned the Lord and given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child that is born to you shall surely die.

As I was reading the account of David in this chapter, the Lord asked me these 2 questions.
Verse 9 Do I despise God's commandments?
God gives us commands that are not options. Like in Matthew 28:19-20, Ephesians 5:18 and Philippians 4:4.
So why Do I/you find it so easy to disregard them?
When we do, we cause hurt to the heart of the Father. God does not see things as shades of grey.. he sees obedience or disobedience.

Like Joshua said, you can not falter between two opinions. You cannot sit on the fence as a christian.. it is obedience to the commands of God or nothing.
The command to love one another, we cannot say well I will love this person and not another, to do this is to be disobedient to the command of God. You cannot pick and choose which commands of God, you want to obey.. we have no choice but to obey.. amen
He then asked me this question

Verse 14
This really spoke to me. Have I done anything to give the enemies of the Lord, a reason to blaspheme?
My/your life is probably the only thing people will see of Jesus, you are his representative here on earth.

Do you reflect him 24/7 or do you give a bad impression of your Saviour?
Have you sin in your life that gives unbelievers a wrong impression of Jesus. Let me ask you this, do you use bad language?

If you do then, this is not good, I use this as an example. James says blessing and cursing .. these things ought not to be so James 3:7-10 and Ephesians 4:29-32 (Paul)

You are being watched believer. Is my/your life a true reflection of Jesus?

God bless you

Keith

Guest Teaching by Pastor Johan

Seeking God's Will for Ministry
Dear Friends in Christ,

Sometimes our lives get filled with such confusion and conflicting circumstances and needs and opportunities that we can get a headache just thinking about them. We know we want to serve the Lord in some capacity, perhaps a volunteer part-time position or even going in to full time service...but there are all these unanswered questions and loose ends and unresolved priorities and insufficient funding that we just want to sink down into our easy chair and forget the whole thing.
It is at this point that we need to apply a few organizational principles and faith and a lot of prayer, and to realize that...
...God is not the author of confusion, but of peace....
1 Cor 14:33a (KJV)
AND
The LORD is near unto all them that call upon him,
To all that call upon him in truth.
He will fulfil the desire of them that fear him:
He also will hear their cry, and will save them.
Psa 145:19 (KJV)
It has been my observation after all these years that God puts a desire in our hearts to serve Him, maybe very subtly at first, and then goes about leading us around until He creates that desire in us. We may not desire His will at first, but eventually we will get a deep down hunger for what He wants us to do, and become willing to let go of what we wanted to do in the first place.

And near the end of the process, it seems that He keeps our new desire just out of reach until we really come to the point of just crying out in prayer for Him to fulfil what our new desire is, and what His original desire was all along.

Perhaps it is that you are at this point right now. God is right at the doorway of fulfilling the desires of your heart, but you have to do a few things to go "over the top" as it were. Circumstances have become so confusing and decisions seem so conflicting that you just can’t see the path ahead in any clear way. If you are at this point, for whatever kind of decision you need to make, try this...

Get a big piece of paper or a legal pad and use it as a tool to organize your thoughts to figure out what you are going to pray for. You need to kind of "download" all those conflicting facts and ideas onto some paper where it will stay in one place and stop swimming around, and you can evaluate it on its own merits and compare it to other courses of action.

1) Identify what the desire of your heart is.
Make a few columns on a really big piece of art paper and put in those columns all the confusing details of what your life decisions are. Perhaps right now all these facts and decisions are swimming around unorganized and un-prioritized in your mind.

Make the headings of these columns something like this...and be brutally honest, and do it in a prayerful attitude, or you won't get a good result. Assume that there is a perfect solution to this problem, which is the kind of solution only God can construct...
What do I really want to be doing with the next few years.
What are my absolute necessities? Time, travel, expenses, pay, benefits, insurance, etc.
What things would I be willing to give up?
What things am I unwilling to give up?
What things can me in no way give up?
Would I be willing to raise financial support from friends, relatives, etc, and get monetary monthly faith commitments from them to go into a ministry if that ministry can't absolutely support us full time, but we feel that the Lord is absolutely leading us there?
2) Now, you can compare what opportunities you have with what is your bottom line of needs, and see what is missing and how far you are away from this as a goal. Then you can make a list of those things that you expect the organization to do for you, (pay, housing, benefits, etc), and present it to them in a kindly way saying this is our fleece, our bottom line, if you can fulfil it, we are there, if not, we will wait for the Lord's direction about some other ministry (and there are plenty of ministry openings out there, by the way).

Bottom line here...get this all laid out where you can see it and prioritize it, then pray like crazy for the Lord to reveal His will to you ...to open the right doors and close others until He shows you what His will is, and moves a few mountains out of the way so that it can be done. And in all your prayers, always keep the attitude...

...Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me:
Nevertheless not my will, but thane, be done.
Luke 22:42 (KJV)

Set your minimum requirements and stick to them, knowing that the Lord owns the cattle on a thousand hills, and He knows you have need of these things...and that He doesn't want you to go spinning off in some direction that He doesn’t want you to go in, but wants to gently lead you as a shepherd so that you find just the right pasture.

In everything you do, put God first,
And he will direct you and crown your efforts with success.
{7} don’t be conceited, sure of your own wisdom.
Instead, trust and reverence the Lord,
And turn your back on evil;
When you do that,
Then you will be given renewed health and vitality.

{8} {9} Honour the Lord by giving him the first part of all your income,
And he will fill your barns with wheat and barley
and overflow your wine vats with the finest wines.
Prov 3:6-9 (TLB)

May your life be filled with peace and success as you seek to serve Him...

Your Friend
Johan Lourens

Special Sermon
I hope you are stirred by this sermon by this amazing man of God

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=41011116191

Guest Website
Please take time to read and be blessed by this website
http://www.kidsalive.org/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 07 Jun 2013, 9:51 pm

Please take time to listen to these wonderful and excellent sermons.. I have

Christ the true Vine Paul washer

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=52212841279

How to have zero tolerance for Lust Joel Beeke

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=65131844369

A vision of the Lost William Booth

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=11908653572

I hope these sermons stir your spirit like they did mine

God bless you, may the Holy Spirit move in your life

Keith
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 05 Jun 2013, 10:06 pm

It is a joy to share with you once again. God's word is so precious, it is so amazing. I do hope you are blessed by what God has laid on my heart.. ALL GLORY TO GOD. He alone is my inspiration, it is through His Holy Spirit that he graciously opens up the scriptures to me. It is God who has given me this writing ministry.

Please share these messages with all your friends/contacts/prayer groups and house groups.

LET'S GET THE WORD OUT INTO THE WORLD

The sermon at the bottom is on one of the most difficult of bible passages .. 1 Chronicles chapter 1.. it's more than a list of names, so please listen.

God bless you

Keith

BROTHERLY LOVE

1 Thessalonians 4
9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.
10 And indeed ye do it toward all the brethren which are in all Macedonia: but we beseech you, brethren, that ye increase more and more
I love these verses. This church was just full of Love.
How was this Church full of Love. I love the phrase, that they were taught of God to love one another verse 9.
The example of Love given by the Lord Jesus in John chapters 13-17, must of been read and re-read by these Christians. What an example of Love Jesus is, He was the fullest expression of Love. He was love in action, love in evidence, love given selflessly.
This church was a living breathing example of the Love of Jesus. Can I ask you is your life a living example of the Love of Jesus?
My prayer is that my/your love would extend and grow more and more and that this would be evident to all men In verse 9.
Paul say is verse 10, that the love this church has, flows out to all in Macedonia. It does not stop at denominational or theological boundaries. Love sees only the good in people, it sees people as valuable.. amen.
Although Paul says the love of this church is amazing, he prays that it increases and grows deeper and more powerful. Let us encourage each other to faith, love and good works.. let us stir up the gift of love and encourage each other to love with a fervency and passion.. the world cannot match this.
The apostle Peter, uses such beautiful words to describe the kind of love we should have for one another.. he used the words.. UNFEIGNED, PURE AND FERVENT.
1 Peter 1:22
King James Version (KJV)
22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:
Can the lord say the same things about the love you have for the brethren in your church.. is your love... unfeigned, pure and fervent

Paul says he need not write unto this church and share about brotherly love, would he be able to say this about your fellowship?

God bless you

Keith

Guest Teaching by Charles Haddon Spurgeon.. my preaching hero

FEEDING SHEEP OR AMUSING GOATS
by Charles H. Spurgeon (1834-1892)

He saith to him again the second time, "Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me?" He saith unto him, "Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee." He saith unto him, "Feed my sheep." John 21:16
An evil is in the 'professed' camp of the Lord, so gross in its impudence, that the most shortsighted Christian can hardly fail to notice it. It has worked like leaven until the whole lump ferments! The devil has seldom done a more clever thing, than hinting to the Church that part of their mission is to provide entertainment for the people, with a view to winning them. From speaking out the gospel, the Church has gradually toned down her testimony, then winked at and excused the frivolities of the day. Then she tolerated them in her borders. Now she has adopted them under the plea of reaching the masses!
My first contention is that providing amusement for the people is nowhere spoken of in the Scriptures as a function of the Church. If it is a Christian work, why did not Christ speak of it? "Go into all the world and preach the gospel; provide amusement for those who do not relish the gospel." No such words, however, are to be found. It did not seem to occur to Him.
Where do entertainers come in? The Holy Spirit is silent concerning them. Were the prophets persecuted because they amused the people, or because they confronted them? The 'concert' has no martyr roll. Again, providing amusement is in direct antagonism to the teaching and life of Christ and all His apostles. What was the attitude of the apostolic Church to the world? "You are the salt of the world," not the sugar candy. Something the world will spit out, not swallow.
Had Jesus introduced more of the bright and pleasant elements into His teaching, He would have been more popular. When "many of His disciples turned back and no longer followed Him." I do not hear Him say, "Run after these people, Peter, and tell them we will have a different style of service tomorrow; something short and attractive with little preaching." No! Jesus pitied sinners, sighed and wept over them, but never sought to amuse them! In vain will the epistles be searched to find any trace of the 'gospel of amusement'. Their message is, "Therefore, come out from them and separate yourselves from them . . . Don't touch their filthy things . . ." Anything approaching amusement is conspicuous by its absence. They had boundless confidence in the gospel and employed no other weapon.
After Peter and John were locked up for preaching, The Church had a prayer meeting, but they did not pray, "Lord, grant unto your servants that by a wise and discriminating use of innocent recreation we may show these people how happy we are." No! They did not cease from preaching Christ. They had no time for arranging entertainments. Scattered by persecution they went everywhere preaching the gospel. They turned the world upside down; that is the only difference from today's church.
Lastly, amusement fails to effect the desired end. Let the heavy laden who found peace through the concert not keep silent! Let the drunkard to whom the dramatic entertainment had been God's link in the chain of their conversion, stand up! There are none to answer! The mission of amusement produces no genuine results!
Given the time (125-150 years ago) in which Spurgeon offered this opinion, it begs the question, What would the old Saint say of today's "seeker friendly" style of Christianity, with its overhead projectors, oversized speakers, earsplitting electrical instruments, grinning/bouncing "worship" leaders, repetitive non-anointed songs, and wisecracking preachers who tickle our ears on Sunday morning?

Special Sermon
May you be blessed by this sermon
http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=329091929582

Guest Website
Please read the website of this missionary family
http://www.fbnc.net/togo/index.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 02 Jun 2013, 6:01 pm

Thanks for taking time to read these devotions, I am so pleased that you have joined me here as we share together the word of God.. it is such a privilege to be allowed to be part of your life.. thank you

Please take time to click the featured links at the bottom of this message and enjoy them

God bless

Keith

SWEETER THAN HONEY

Jeremiah 15

16 Your words were found, and I ate them; and Your words were to me a joy and the rejoicing of my heart, for I am called by Your name, O Lord God of hosts.

I wonder if this is my/your approach to the Word Of God

I wonder if we treat the bible as one of the greatest joys in our life?

Do we treat it as just another book we have on our bookshelves?

Or even worse than that.. does it stay sat on our bookshelves gathering dust?

Jeremiah was not like that. He loved the Word of God as dearly as he loved food. We wouldn't think of not eating.. so how can spend one day without exploring, reading and studying the word of God 1 Peter 2:2, Colossians 3:16 and Psalm 119:1-16 and 97-105

The Children of Israel picked up their manna every morning.. do we pick up our spiritual manna from the Word of God every morning.

We don't know that much, about the city of Berea, but we do know this

Acts 17

10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.
11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.
They diligently searched the scripture, this means they made a careful examination, they did not spend 5 minutes reading any passage, they examined what Paul said.

Is it the first thing you turn to in a morning?. How early would you get up to read the word of God?

Does the word of God make our heart rejoice?

Do we spend more time reading the newspapers than we do the Word of God?

Now I know many of you will say.. 'well that's what I go to church for", but you need to study in private, this where God reveals himself to someone. Most of my devotions/studies have come out of my own private study of the bible.

You may also say.. well I have been a christian for thirty or more years, what has the bible to teach me. My friend, this book is inexhaustible.. we cannot plumb it's depths.

As I have said before, it is just like a gold mine.. isn't it time you searched out some nuggets.. get out there and start digging!!!!!

All questions we must ask ourselves my friends.. me included

God bless you

Keith

Guest devotion by Wimslow

Why do our hearts grow so cold?
(Winslow, "Love at the Foot of the Cross")
Beloved, why do our hearts grow so
cold in their affections towards Jesus?
The influence of the world will chill it!
The encroachments of temporal engagements
upon the study of God's Word and the devout
transactions of the closet, will chill it.
The society of cold, worldly professors will chill it.
Unfitting levity of spirit will chill it.
Trifling with sin will chill it.
Carnal pursuits will chill it.
An idolatrous love of the creature will chill it.
Fretting against the Lord, murmuring at His
dealings, rebellion against His authority and
chastenings, will chill it.
Alas! how much there is to produce deep and
sad declension in the love of our hearts to the
Lord. How easily its warm, flowing current
chills and congeals!
Oh that our hearts should so soon grow cold
in their affections towards Him whose love to
us is ever so warm, who ransomed us from
hell with His own heart's blood!
Let shame and confusion of face cover us.
Let deep humiliation, tender, holy contrition,
prostrate us beneath the cross, that we should
for one moment gaze coldly upon so divine and
gracious, so lovely and precious a Redeemer!

Special Sermon
Please be blessed by this sermon
http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=1218111443290

Guest website
Please take time to read this website
http://www.cefonline.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 May 2013, 9:49 pm

It is with much joy that I greet you in the precious name of the Lord Jesus Christ. The links at the bottom are placed to stir and challenge you and I hope you take time to click on them and listen to the sermon and to read the guest website.

Please take time to pass on these messages to all your friends and contacts.. LET'S GET THE WORD INTO THE WORLD.

Thank you and God bless

Keith

NOONDAY DEVOTION BY KEITH

THREE THINGS ALL MINISTRIES NEED

Romans 2:19-25

19And if you are confident that you [yourself] are a guide to the blind, a light to those who are in darkness, and [that
20You are] a corrector of the foolish, a teacher of the childish, having in the Law the embodiment of knowledge and truth--
21Well then, you who teach others, do you not teach yourself? While you teach against stealing, do you steal (take what does not really belong to you)?
22You who say not to commit adultery, do you commit adultery [are you unchaste in action or in thought]? You who abhor and loathe idols, do you rob temples [do you appropriate to your own use what is consecrated to God, thus robbing the sanctuary and[h]doing sacrilege]?
23You who boast in the Law, do you dishonor God by breaking the Law [by stealthily infringing upon or carelessly neglecting or openly breaking it]?
24For, as it is written, The name of God is maligned and blasphemed among the Gentiles because of you! [The words to this effect are from your own Scriptures.]
25Circumcision does indeed profit if you keep the Law; but if you habitually transgress the Law, your circumcision is made uncircumcision.

A few months ago, the Lord laid these verses on my heart and he has brought me back to them.
He has some hard questions for us all and the LORD asked me something that I wish to share with you
In verse 24 he says that his name is blasphemed because of the actions of those he is writing to. The Lord asked me and he asks you.
Do men and women, praise God or blaspheme God because of your life?
The greatest worry of the Apostle Paul, was that after he had preached to others, he might become a castaway 1 Cor 9:27. If it worried Him, surely it should worry us. Paul disciplined himself.. do we?

Verses 21-22 are very strong and are addressed to those of us who are privileged to share through preaching , teaching etc. Do our lives back up what we say?

Am I not doing the things I tell others to do?
Am I doing the things I tell others not to do?
Do I walk the Christian life every minute of every day?

We all need to ask ourselves these questions?

The more I write and share what God gives me, the more aware I am of my responsibility before God.

God has given me the most wonderful privilege of sharing the Precious and Holy word of God with you my dear friends all around the world.. I don't know who will be reading this and what needs you will have.. but the Holy Spirit does.. amen.

To all Pastors, teachers and people who share the word of God.. let us be truthful and consistent.. let us not say to people.. you shouldn't do that and then WE go and do that.... may our prayer be like Paul in

1 Corinthians 9

27But [like a boxer] I buffet my body [handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships] and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit [not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit].

May our lives and ministry have the three strands of excellence, integrity and consistency running through them
Keith

Guest devotion by Spurgeon
What have you done for Christ?

From Spurgeon's sermon, "WOMAN'S MEMORIAL"

Imagine your Savior, who has bought you with
his blood, standing in this pulpit for a moment.
He lifts up his hands, once torn with the nails,
he exposes to you his side, pierced with a spear.
Now picture him. He puts to each one of you the question--
"I suffered all this for you, what have you ever done for me?"

Answer him now! Like honest followers of the Lamb of God,
look back and see what you have ever done. You have gone up,
you say, to his house. Was not that for your own profit? Did you
do it for him? You have contributed to his cause. Ah! you have,
and some of you have done well in this thing; but think, how
much have you given in proportion to what God has given to you?

What have you done for Christ?

Jesus asks you, "What have you done for me in the past three
years?" He says, "I wrought out your redemption in three years
of agony, of toil, of suffering, I bought you with my blood;
what have you done for me in these ten, twenty, thirty years,
since you knew my love, and tasted of my power to save?"

Cover your faces, my friends, cover your faces.

Let each man among us do so. Let us blush and weep.

Lord Jesus! there was never such a friend as you are;
but never were there such unfriendly ones as we are.

Christ has some of the most ungrateful followers
that man ever had. We have done little.

If we have done much, we have really only done little.

But some of you have done nothing at all for Christ.

That question answered, there comes another.
I beseech you, let the vision of that crucified One stand before
you. He says to you this morning, "What WILL you do for me.
Putting aside the past -- you have wept over that, and blushed,
--what will you do for me NOW?"

Will you not now think of something that you can give him,
something that you can do for him, something you can
consecrate to him?

Come, you Marys, bring out your alabaster box!

Come, come, you followers of Christ! Need I press you?
Surely, if you needed it, my pressing would be in vain.
But no; instinctively inspired by the Holy Spirit,
each of you will say--
"Lord Jesus, from this day forth I desire to serve you
better; but, Lord, tell me what you would have me to do."

He does tell you now. I do not know what it is.
The Spirit shall tell that to each one among you.
But I do entreat you think not about it, but DO it.

Special Sermon
Please be blesssed by this sermon
http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=82308911322

Guest Website
I hope you will take time to read this website
http://www.intimateissues.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 26 May 2013, 11:15 pm

Welcome to News from China

We are very happy here in Nanjing and we welcome you to our latest newsletter.

God bless you all

Keith and Helen

CHINESE WEDDING

Last Sunday, one of the teachers at Helen's former school was married, and so we were invited.

Now Chinese weddings are a little bit different to western weddings. First of all. in the UK.. people usually wear suits, but most people in China, come in casual clothes.

Now people in China are usually married in a ceremony in the marriage bureau.. it's not very romantic to be honest and then they have a banquet later.. this was the situation with this couple. As for us, we were married on the 17 October at the Marriage Bureau, but we had our proper ceremony before our witnesses until the 28th October.

We organised our wedding ourselves with help from our dear friend Samuel in three weeks.. how we did it.. I don't know.. but we did. But many Chinese couples have their weddings organised by wedding companies and this was one of them.

The wedding took place in a large hotel and had 20 tables which would seat 10 at each table. The centre of the table is like a wheel which you can turn, if you want something from the other side of the table, you just have to touch the wheel and round it comes, but you have to be quick, as someone else may well be turning the wheel whilst you are still choosing what you want!!!

At this wedding, the bride and groom came into the room and went down a long catwalk to the front.. they entered to loud music and smoke.. like two boxers entering the boxing ring.. well some wedding do turn into boxing matches don't they!!!!.

One of the most Important people at a wedding is the host, he/she makes announcements etc. Well at this one, the guy was a dead ringer for Gok Wan and he could talk quickly and at length, in fact, he seemed never to shut up. When he wasn't speaking.. he was singing and going round the tables getting people to the front to play games.

Instead of giving presents, the guests give money in red envelopes, the guests are given candy from the bride and groom, so it completely different to what happens in the west.

People come round the tables to toast you and one of these who came to our table, was the communist party leader from Helen's old school.. he is like your Chinese shop steward.. or government representative.

Well we certainly had lots of food.. it kept coming.. dish after dish after dish.

Finally it finished, but as we went outside fireworks were let off.. where is the cotton wool when you need it?

I hope you have a picture of what a Chinese wedding is like

God bless you

Keith and Helen

Special Sermon

I hope you will be blessed by this sermon

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=2180765018

Guest Devotion

Please take time to read this wonderful website

http://yugo.org/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 25 May 2013, 10:39 pm

Welcome to the final one in our special series

Widowed people are treasured by God and they need to be treasured by the church. I hope that you will be blessed by what I have to share

God bless

Keith

GOD'S DEEP COMFORT

Acts 6

1.Now about this time, when the number of the disciples was greatly increasing, complaint was made by the Hellenists (the Greek-speaking Jews) against the [native] Hebrews because their widows were being overlooked and neglected in the daily ministration (distribution of relief).

James 1

27 External [e]religious worship [[f]religion as it is expressed in outward acts] that is pure and unblemished in the sight of God the Father is this: to visit and help and care for the orphans and widows in their affliction and need, and to keep oneself unspotted and uncontaminated from the world.

1 Timothy 5

4 But if a widow has children or grandchildren, see to it that these are first made to understand that it is their religious duty [to defray their natural obligation to those] at home, and make return to their parents or grandparents [for all their care by contributing to their maintenance], for this is acceptable in the sight of God.
5 Now [a woman] who is a real widow and is left entirely alone and desolate has fixed her hope on God and perseveres in supplications and prayers night and day

There are so many people in the church today, who have lost husbands and wives, they are widows and widowers.
These people within the church, have had a terrible loss in their lives and they need careful encouragement and counsel.
The children and grandchildren of them are the ones, who are to take care of them, but if they have no family, it is the church, who must take care of them.
This not only means in financial terms, but in spiritual terms, the church members, must visit these people who can become isolated and lonely.
We want to know what pure religion is, well James tells us.. to visit the widows is one of things that we are to do. He could of said.. exercise your spiritual gifts.. preach the gospel.. but no, it is so intensely practical.
Let's give these dear people due honour.. please read 1 Timothy chapter 5.
To all those who have lost their life partner and are widows and widowers.. may the God of all comfort touch your life and may your life bring Glory to God.
God bless you
Keith

Guest Devotion by JR Miller

Shut In
J. R. Miller, 1888

"A little bird I am,
Shut from the fields of air,
And in my cage I sit and sing
To Him who placed me there,
Well pleased a prisoner to be,
Because, my God, it pleases Thee."
—Guyon
In a midsummer business-letter to a lady whose pen writes many bright things for children's papers, the writer, not knowing of her invalidism, expressed the hope that his correspondent might be enjoying a pleasant and restful vacation. In the allusion to this wish, in her reply, there was a touching pathos, though there was not a word of complaint. She wrote: "I am always an invalid, and my vacation consists only in lying down in another place." She is one of the Lord's prisoners. Yet there is no gloom in her prison; her faith fills it with brightness. It is a chamber of peace; the voice of song is heard in it. Her "vacation consists only in lying down in another place," but always the Lord her Shepherd, makes her "to lie down in green pastures." Nor is she cut off from the joy of serving Christ—but is permitted in her quiet sanctuary—to do many beautiful things for him, blessing many a life out in the sunshine by her loving ministry within her doors. She can sing again with Guyon,
"My cage confines me round:
Abroad I cannot fly;
But, though my wing is closely bound,
My heart's at liberty.
My prison-walls cannot control
The flight, the freedom, of my soul!"
There are many people who belong to the "shut-ins." They are found in fine city mansions—and in quiet country homes, in the dwellings of the rich—and in the cottages of the poor. They are invalids who because of their broken health, cannot any longer run the race with the swift or fight the battle with the strong; they have been wounded in the strife, and have fallen out of the ranks. Passers-by on the street sometimes see their faces at the window, white and bearing masks of suffering—but they no longer mingle with the hurrying throngs, nor take their places with the busy toilers. They are "shut in."
They represent many degrees of invalidism. Some of them are almost entirely helpless. Here is one who for many years has not lifted a hand nor moved a finger by her own volition; here is one only partially powerless, unable to walk—but having the use of hands and arms; another has not sufficient strength for any active out-door duty—but can move about the house and perform many a sweet ministry of love. Thus these "shut-ins" embrace all degrees of suffering and of helplessness—but they are alike in their inability to join the ranks of the busy workers outside. They must stay in-doors; in a sense, they are prisoners in this great bright world—no longer free to go where they would or to do what they earnestly crave to do.
This book may find its way into the hands of some of these "shut-ins," and it ought to have its message for them. The message ought also to be one of cheer and gladness. I would like to write for such "prisoners of the Lord" a word that may carry comfort and strength, that may be to them like a little flower sent in from the outside, a token of sympathy, laden also with fragrance from the garden of the Lord.
In the account of the entering of Noah into the ark, before the Flood came, we read that "the Lord shut him in." For almost a year Noah and his family were "shut-ins," but it must have been a comfort for them to know that the shutting of the door was not accidental—that the Lordhad done it. There was another comfort: it was very much better inside—than outside. Outside, there were great storms, wild torrents and terrible destruction! No man could live in the rushing waters. Within, there was perfect safety. Not a drop of rain dashed in; no wild tempest swept through the door. The ark was a chamber of peace floating quietly and securely in the midst of the most terrible ruin the world ever saw! The Lord's shutting in of his people—was to save them.
May we not say of every shut-in child of God, "The Lord shut him in"? What the Lord does for his own people—can never be unkindness, whatever it may seem to be. It is an infinite comfort, therefore, to a Christian who is kept within-doors by invalidism or other like cause, to be able to say, "It was the Lord who shut me in!"
May we not go a step farther and say of such "shut-ins", that the Lord has shut them in—because it is better for them to be within—than without? No doubt there is protection in such a condition. These prisoners of the Lord are not exposed to the storms; it is always warm and safe where they are. They are dwelling under the shadow of God's wing. They miss many of the struggles with temptation, and many of the sterner conflicts of life—by being shut in. The ark was guided by an unseen Hand over the trackless waters of the Deluge. It had no rudder, no pilot, no sail, no chart—yet it struck no rock, was whelmed in no wild billows, moved in no wrong course, and bore its "shut-ins" in safety to the shores of a new world. May we not say that in like manner all the "shut-ins" of God's people—are God's special care? Are they not of those whom he gathers in his arms—and carries in his bosom?
We are told that the Lord knows how to deliver the godly out of temptation; may we not say that one of the ways he delivers from temptation, is by shutting his people away from the rough blasts? No doubt many a soul has been saved from the evil influences of worldliness, by being called from the midst of the excitements and strifes of active life—into the quiet shelter of invalidism. The chamber of suffering—proves a sanctuary rather than a prison.
But there are other comforts. It is a great deal better to be shut in—than to be shut out. There are pictures of both classes in the New Testament. In one of the parables of our Lord, the door was shut—and it excluded some who came too late to be admitted; but the same door also shut in with Christ those who had entered in time. No condition could be more suggestive of blessedness, than to be shut in with the Master. The closed doors are pledge that there can be no interruption of the communion. Christ's "shut-ins" have abundant opportunity for loving fellowship with him. Their sick-rooms are not prisons—but Bethels where Christ comes to meet with them and to bless them!
It is not strange, therefore, that many of the quiet rooms where Christ's disciples are shut in, are places of great joy. Faith triumphs overpain. The darkness brings out the stars of promise, and they shine in radiant beauty. Because of infirmity, the power of Christ rests in especial measure upon his suffering ones, and they are enabled to rejoice in their very tribulations. Their joy is rich and deep! It is not the rippling surface-happiness of those outside who have no pain and are free to go where they will, and to do as they desire: it is heart-joywhich does not depend upon external things, and is therefore unaffected by external experiences. There are fresh-water springs that bubble up beneath the edge of the sea; the brackish tides roll over them—but they remain as sweet and fresh as ever. Like these springs, are thefountains of Christian joy. Under the billows of trial and suffering, they flow on unwasting and unembittered.
Many Christian invalids become almost marvels of patience and peace—as they are brought into living communion with Christ. They are never heard complaining; they believe in the love of God, submit themselves to his will, and take pain from his hand as confidently and sweetly—as they take medicine from their trusted physicians; their faces shine with the radiance of indwelling peace, and the joy of their hearts finds expression in words and songs of praise. Surely, to the angels, as they look down from their pure glory—the chambers in which many of Christ's "shut-ins" lie, must appear as spots of bright beauty in this dark world.
We naturally suppose that when people are laid aside by illness and shut away in quiet sick-rooms, that their work ceases, and their usefulness is at an end. After that they are a burden to others—instead of being helpers. So we would suppose. They require tending, watching, nursing; probably they have to be lifted by their friends and carried from chair to bed, from room to room, up and down stairs; they can no longer take any part in the duty of the household nor perform any active service for the Master. We would say at first thought that they are no longer useful; their old-time work has dropped from their hands, and others now have to do it. Yet we greatly mistake when we suppose they are no longer of any service: they have a ministry even in their suffering which in many cases exceed in value, their highest usefulness in their most active days. It is impossible to measure the influence in a home, day after day, of a patient, rejoicing Christian sufferer. There pours out from the sick-room of such a "shut-in" a spiritual warmth of love which diffuses itself through all the household life, like a summer atmosphere, leaving blessing everywhere.
It was my privilege to visit very often a Christian young woman, who for years was a sufferer. Much of the time her pain was excruciating—almost unendurable; but as I watched her from week to week, I saw continually the putting forth of new spiritual beauties in her character. Her young life seemed to me like a lovely rose-bush in early summer, with its many opening buds, and pain was as the summer warmth that caused the buds to burst into full, rich beauty and fragrance. Every time I saw her—some new feature of Christ-likeness appeared in her life: another rose had opened into full bloom! In her last months there was no opportunity for active service—yet I believe the good she wrought by her ministry of pain—far surpassed that which she could have done in the same time with the busiest hands had she lived in painless health. By her suffering, she touched the hearts of parents and friends, and drew out their sympathy as they watched month after month beside her. These fruits of her pain will remain as permanent enrichment of the characters of those who loved her.
Another effect of her suffering was in the influence of her sweet patience. She never murmured; her faith was never clouded for an instant; she was gentle, thoughtful, joyous, even in the sorest pain. Thus she was preaching perpetually sermons without words—on the power of the love and grace of God—and thus became a blessing to everyone who entered her room and looked upon her radiant face.
From very humble life, there comes this moving incident which illustrates the same truth: In a pottery, there was a workman who had one small invalid child at home. The man wrought at his trade with exemplary fidelity. He managed, however, to bear each evening to the bedside of his "wee lad" a flower, a bit of ribbon, or a fragment of crimson glass—anything that would give color to the room. He never went home at night without something that would make the wan face light up with joy at his return. He never said that he loved his boy, and yet he went on patiently loving him, until the whole pottery shop had been drawn into real though unconscious fellowship with him. The workmen made curious little jars and cups, and painted little pictures on them, and burnt them in their kilns. One brought some fruit and another some engravings in a scrapbook. Not one of them whispered a word, for this solemn thing was not to be talked about. They put their little gifts in the old man's hat—and he found them there and understood it all. The entire pottery-shop, full of men of rather coarse fibre by nature—grew quiet as the months passed, becoming gentle and kind; some dropped swearing as the weary look on their patient fellow-worker's face told them beyond mistake—that the inevitable shadow was drawing nearer.
Every day someone did a piece of work for him, so that he could come later to work—and leave earlier. And when the bell tolled and the little coffin came out of the lonely door, there stood a hundred stalwart workingmen from the pottery, with their clean clothes on, losing their half-day's pay from work, for the privilege of following to the grave, that little child whom probably not one of them had ever seen!
These incidents illustrate the refining, softening influence that went out from even a child's sickroom and touched a hundred men. All over the country there are other chambers of suffering from which there goes out continually a power that makes men and women quieter, gentler, more thoughtful and kind. Thus God's "shut-ins" are means of grace ofttimes, to whole communities.
It is known to many that there is a most helpful system of communication established among invalids over this country. Without any formal organization the following objects are aimed at:
1. To relieve the weariness of the sick-room by sending and receiving letters and other tokens of remembrance;
2. To testify of the love and presence of Christ in suffering and privation;
3. To pray for one another at set times—daily at twilight hour, and weekly on Tuesday morning at ten o'clock;
4. To stimulate faith, hope, patience and courage in fellow-sufferers, by the study and presentation of Bible promises.
This simple exchanging of consolation among hundreds and thousands of "shut-ins" throughout the country, is in itself a ministry whose helpfulness never can be estimated. Whatever tender comfort one finds is passed to others that they may share it. Strong friendships are formed between those who have never met. The hearts of all the great scattered company are drawn into loving sympathy—as they think of and pray for one another.
Those who are happy and strong, rejoicing in health and in physical freedom, should never forget these "shut-ins." There are one or more of them, in every community. There are many ways in which strength and comfort may be sent to them. A kindly letter now and then, full of cheer and affection—may be like an angel's visit to a weary sufferer! Or the thoughtfulness may be shown by sending a book, or some flowers, or a little basket of fruit, or other token of love. In some cases personal visits are also much appreciated. There is some way, at least, in which everyone may do a little to lighten the burden of invalidism in some weary sufferer; and surely of all such Jesus will say, "You did it unto me!"

Special sermon

Be blessed as you listen to this sermon

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=121912914180

Guest websites

Take time to view the following websites

http://www.galcom.org/

http://www.bridge-builders.net/current/index.php

http://www.marilynspoetry.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 23 May 2013, 9:19 pm

I am married to the most beautiful, godly and gracious woman in the world.. My wonderful wife Helen, who is a living epistle of Christ and a virtuous woman Proverbs 31.

Both of us have lived as single people for the most part of our lives and I write this in view of that. I want to encourage those of you, who are single to live for the glory of God.

Please pass on this devotion to all of your friends, who are single and click on the featured links at the bottom, especially the sermon.

God bless

Keith

NOONDAY DEVOTION

SINGLENESS IS NOT SECOND BEST

1 CORINTHIANS 7

7 I wish that all men were like I myself am [in this matter of self-control]. But each has his own special gift from God, one of this kind and one of another.
8 But to the unmarried people and to the widows, I declare that it is well (good, advantageous, expedient, and wholesome) for them to remain [single] even as I do.
32 My desire is to have you free from all anxiety and distressing care. The unmarried man is anxious about the things of the Lord—how he may please the Lord;
33 But the married man is anxious about worldly matters—how he may please his wife—
34 And he is drawn in diverging directions [his interests are divided and he is distracted from his devotion to God]. And the unmarried woman or girl is concerned and anxious about the matters of the Lord, how to be wholly separated and set apart in body and spirit; but the married woman has her cares [centered] in earthly affairs—how she may please her husband.
35 Now I say this for your own welfare and profit, not to put [a halter of] restraint upon you, but to promote what is seemly and in good order and to secure your undistracted and undivided devotion to the Lord.
36 But if any man thinks that he is not acting properly toward and in regard to his virgin [that he is preparing disgrace for her or incurring reproach], in case she is passing the bloom of her youth and if there is need for it, let him do what to him seems right; he does not sin; let them marry.
37 But whoever is firmly established in his heart [strong in mind and purpose], not being forced by necessity but having control over his own will and desire, and has resolved this in his heart to keep his own virginity, he is doing well.
MATTHEW 19
12 For there are eunuchs who have been born incapable of marriage; and there are eunuchs who have been made so by men; and there are eunuchs who have made themselves incapable of marriage for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let him who is able to accept this accept it.

To be married to man or woman of God's choosing.. is amazing and wonderful. But some believers who are single, wonder if God has short changed them and that their singleness is second best.

Let me say to you, that it is not.
In the passages above, two of the greatest people who ever lived.. and who were single.. our Saviour Jesus and the Apostle Paul, state that being single is a great gift from God.

Some of the greatest men and women in the bible and in church history, took the decision to be single.

Paul says that the unmarried person, can be totally committed to the things of God. My wife Helen, when she was single spent hours in prayer every day as I did. We still pray as a couple, but not for 2-4 hours a day we were when single

If you are single, please do not see it as a barrier to service, but as a springboard to service. You are valuable in the kingdom of God.

You can mentor young believers.. you can be an example in faith and charity.. you can pray like Moses did on the top of the mountain.. you can be right at the forefront of the battle.. you can go on mission trips.. amen.

God has not given you a husband/wife, but if he doesn't then he will more than make make up for it, by not only giving you ministry and good friends, but also a special touch from himself and a special an precious anointing.

So get involved.. the Lord wants to use your unique talents single believer. One final thing, if you are constantly worrying about finding your life partner.. then
STOP .. God knows what is best for you. Never in my wildest dreams, did I think that my soulmate would be in China.

Let me share that I made a mistake and married someone, who was not God's choice and then ended terribly, but when I waited for God's timing.. He brought Helen into my life and me into her's.. don't despise the waiting time.. treasure it.

It's time to come off those christian dating sites and also a word of warning to those well meaning believers (ESP MARRIED ONES), who look down their nose and treat these single believers as second class citizens.. THEY ARE NOT. You also have got to stop matchmaking single believers, it is not your job to bring people together, now God may move godly believers to suggest life partners to single believers, but this must only be done after much prayer. Too many believers act as the church dating service.. Let God bring people together.. stop doing it yourself.. amen

God bless you

Keith

Guest Devotion by Jr Miller

The Wider Life
J. R. Miller, 1908

"ENLARGE the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes!" Isaiah 54:2
We should never be content with a narrow life. We are made for breadth and fullness, and we rob God when we fail to reach our best. Some people assert that Christianity's ideal for life, is narrow. They say it cramps and limits us. It has no place, for example, for physical or intellectual development. It says nothing about art, music, science, or the many phases of human activity. It presents only the moral side—conscience, obedience to heavenly laws, spiritual attainments and achievements.
The answer is that while Christianity may not definitely name the things of the intellect, or distinctly call men to noble achievements in art, in exploration, in invention, in research, in the culture of the beautiful, it really includes in its range everything that will add to the fullness and completeness of life and character. It excludes nothing but what is sinful: disobedience to law, impurity, selfishness, uncharity, and these only narrow and debase, do not broaden and enrich life. It includes "whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report." Is this a narrow life?
Our Christian faith places no limitation whatever on life—except what would mar, blot, or debase the character. Japanese horticulturists have a trick of stunting trees, and the world is full also of stunted men, only dwarfs of what God made them to be. But the call of Christianity is always for whole men—men reaching up to their best, and out to their broadest in every way. The Chinese bind the feet, some nations mutilate the face, others repress and crush the feelings, affections, and desires—but Christianity seeks the fullest development of every power and capacity of the being. Jesus Christ, our pattern, would have us become full-grown men. As leaders of others, as teachers, as followers of Christ—our influence should be toward the enriching and broadening of lives.
A recent book is dedicated to a distinguished scholar and teacher, who is designated as an enlarger of human lives. There is no way in which we can prove ourselves better friends to others—than by such influence over them as will make their lives fuller, truer, more loving, more helpful.
There are many people whose lives are small. They never grow into strength and beauty. It is said that Michael Angelo once paid a visit to the studio of Raphael, when the artist was absent. On an easel there was a canvas with the outline of a human figure, beautiful—but too small.
Michael Angelo took a brush and wrote under the figure the word "larger". The same word might be written under many lives. They may be good and beautiful—but they are too small. They need to be enlarged. They have not sufficient height or breadth. They do not realize God's highest ideal for them. They do not mean enough in the world.
There are many people who live in only one room, so to speak. They are intended to live in a large house, with many rooms, rooms of the mind, rooms of the heart, rooms of taste, imagination, sentiment, feeling. But these upper rooms are left unused, while they live in the basement!
A story is told of a Scotch nobleman who, when he came into possession of his estates, set about providing better houses for his people, who were living huddled together in single-roomed cottages. So he built for them pretty, comfortable houses. But in a short time each family was living, as before, in one room, and letting out the rest of the house.
They did not know how to live in larger, better ways. The experiment satisfied him, that people could not be really benefited by anything done for them merely from the outside. The only true way to help them, is from within, in their minds and hearts.
Horace Bushnell put it in an epigram, "The soul of improvement, is the improvement of the soul." It is not a larger house that is needed for a man—but a larger man in the house! A man is not made larger by giving him more money, better furniture, finer pictures, richer carpets, an expensive automobile—but by giving him knowledge, wisdom, good principles, strength of character; by teaching him love.
A missionary took with him to some northern region a vine, which he planted. During the short summer it was put outside, and in the winter it was kept indoors. For ten years it lived—but grew only three feet and never put forth a blossom. The missionary was then sent to a southern climate and transplanted the vine. There it grew rapidly and bore much fruit. There are people who live in a chill atmosphere, and their lives amount to almost nothing. If we can give them summer warmth—their lives will expand into beauty and fruitfulness.
Some lives are narrow, by reason of the way their circumstances have dwarfed them. We may not say, however, that poverty necessarily has this effect, for many who are poor, who have to live in a little house, with few comforts and no luxuries—live a life that is large and free—as wide as the sky in its gladness; while on the other hand there are those who have everything of an earthly sort that heart could desire—yet whose lives are narrow.
There are some people to whom life has been so heavy a burden—that they are ready to drop by the way. They pray for health, and instead illness comes with its suffering and its expense. Their work is hard. They have to live in continual discomfort. Their associations are uncongenial. There seems no hope of relief. When they awake in the morning, their first consciousness is of the load they must take up and begin again to carry. Their disheartenment has continued so long, that it has grown into hopelessness. The message to such is, "ENLARGE the place of your tent." No matter how many or how great are the reasons for discouragement, a Christian should not let bitterness enter his heart and blind his eyes—so that he cannot see the blue sky and the shining stars.
Looked at from an earthly view-point, could any life have been more narrow in its condition than Christ's? Think who he was—the Son of God, sinless, holy, loving, infinitely gentle of heart. Then think of the life into which he came—the relentless hate that was about him, the bitter enmity that pursued him, the rejection of love that met him at every step. Think of the failure of his mission, as it seemed, and his betrayal and death. Yet he was never discouraged. He never grew bitter.
How did he overcome the narrowness? The secret was love. The world hated him—but he loved on. His own received him not, rejected him—but his heart changed not toward them. Love saved him from being embittered by the narrowness. This is the one and the only secret that will save any life from the narrowing influence of the most distressing circumstances. Widen your tent! Make room in it for Christ and for your neighbor; and as you make place for enlargement, the enlargement will come.
There was a woman who had become embittered by a long experience of sickness and of injustice and wrong, until she was shut up in a prison of hopelessness. Then, by reason of the death of a relative, a little motherless child was brought to her door. The door was opened most reluctantly, at first; the child was not warmly welcomed. Yet when she was received, Christ entered with her, and at once the dreary home began to grow brighter. The narrowness began to be enlarged. Other human needs came and were not turned away. In blessing others, the woman was blessed herself. Today there is no happier home than hers. Try it if you are discouraged. Begin to serve those who need your love and ministry. Encourage some other disheartened one—and your own discouragement will pass away. Brighten another's lonely lot—and your own will be brightened.
Some lives are made narrow by their limitations in opportunity. Some men seem not to have the same chance that others have. They may be physically incapacitated for holding their place in the march of life. Or they may have failed in business after many years of hard toil—and may lack the courage to begin again. They may have been hurt by folly or sin—and do not seem able to take the upward flights they used to take. There are some people in every community who, for one cause or another, do not seem to have a chance to make much of their life. But whatever it may be that shuts one in a narrow environment, as in a little tent, the gospel of Christ brings a message of hope and cheer. Its call ever is, "ENLARGE the place of your tent, stretch your tent curtains wide, do not hold back; lengthen your cords, strengthen your stakes!"
There is danger that some of us overdo our contentment. We regard as an impassable wall, certain obstacles and hindrances which God meant to be to us only inspirers of courage. Difficulties are not intended to stop our efforts—but to arouse us to our best. We give up too easily. We conclude that we cannot do certain things, and think we are submitting to God's will—in giving up without trying to overcome, when in fact we are only showing our indolence. We suppose that our limitations are part of God's plan for us, and that we have only to accept them and make the best of them.
In some cases this is true—there are barriers that are impassable; but in many cases God wants us to gain the victory over the limitations. His call is, "Enlarge the place of your tent!"
Hard conditions do not necessarily make a life a failure. "What do you raise here, from these rocks?" asked a traveler in New England. "We raise men!" was the answer. If there can be no physical victory over physical handicaps, there can be always at least a moral victory. We should never accept any hindrance, that shuts our soul in any prison. Our spirit may be free—though our physical life is shut up in a prison of circumstances.
An English writer tells of two birds, caught and put into cages side by side. One of them, a starling, began to resist and struggle, flying against the wires of its cage in vain efforts to escape. The other, a canary, quietly accepted its captivity, and, flying up on the perch, began to sing, filling all the place about with glad songs.
The former bird was a captive indeed, shut up in a narrow, hopeless prison. The other turned its captivity into widest liberty and its narrow cage into a palace of victory. We say the starling acted very foolishly, and that the canary showed true wisdom. Which course do we take when we find ourselves shut up in any narrow, imprisoned life?
Life should never cease to widen. People talk about the "dead line"—it used to be fifty years of age; now it probably is under that. After crossing that line, they tell us, a man cannot do his best. It is not true—at least it should not be true. A man ought to be at his best during the last years of his life. He ought always to be enlarging the place of his tent—until its curtains are finally pushed out into the limitless spaces of immortality!

Guest Sermon

Please be blessed by this sermon

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=72210122380

Guest website

Please take time to view this websites

http://www.hem-of-his-garment-bible-study.org/

http://www.intimacywithgod.net/

http://www.gideons.org/Splash.aspx
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 22 May 2013, 8:23 pm

Welcome to Noonday Devotion for Older People

Now here is a subject, I do feel able to speak on with clarity, although some of you reading this will regard me as a young pup.

Please take time to pass on this devotion to all your friends and also click on the links at the bottom

God bless

Keith

Noonday Devotion for Mature People

NEVER TOO OLD TO PROCLAIM JESUS

Joshua 14

6 Then the children of Judah came unto Joshua in Gilgal: and Caleb the son of Jephunneh theKenezite said unto him, Thou knowest the thing that the LORD said unto Moses the man of God concerning me and thee in Kadeshbarnea.

7 Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadeshbarnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart.

8 Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the LORD my God.

9 And Moses swore on that day, saying, Surely the land whereon thy feet have trodden shall be thine inheritance, and thy children's for ever, because thou hast wholly followed the LORD my God.

10 And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day
fourscore and five years old.

11 As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in.

12 Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I
shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said.

13 And Joshua blessed him, and gave unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh Hebron for an inheritance.

Ever since I became a christian at the age of 15, I have been fascinated by the life of Caleb. I first heard about Him, listening to my transistor radio under the covers of my bed, hearing Dr StephenOlford preach.

I just want to share some thoughts about this great man of God. He was one of the original spies to enter the land of Canaan.. only Him and Joshua came back with a good report though and here he was.. well past retirement
age, saying such amazing things.

They are lessons to be learned here and the first one is that God does not have any retirement age. You remember Moses his natural strength was not abated at age 120..Abraham was blessed at an old age.. John saw his blessed vision at age 90.

When we get to a certain age, it seems that we should be winding down so to speak, but instead we should be doing like Caleb and asking God to wind us up.

Look at his wonderful words in verse 12, he still was up for the battle, he did not want to get his pipe and slippers, he was in battle mode.

Now I know some of you, are unable to for example do missionary work, but you have a dynamic role to play. Moses was up on the mountain praying while Israel fought in Exodus 17. Just as Caleb said 'Give me this mountain',
many of you can and do pray. This is mountain moving work and we who are fighting on the front line, couldn't do without it. Joshua couldn't win the battle without Moses praying on the mountain top.

My brothers and sisters, say unto the Lord 'give me a mountain', whether it is in prayer or in service. One of the things you could do is to mentor a young believer in his/her faith, to pass on the wisdom you have learned
from many years of communion with God

Your best years with God can be the ones you have to come.. Amen

Keith

Guest Devotion by Ashton oxenden

The DUTIES of Old Age
Every station and stage of life has its own special duties. Childhood has its duties; such as obedience to parents, modesty, willingness to be taught. A husband and wife have their duties. Adulthood has its duties; a grown-up man or woman are required to be useful in the world, and to live not unto themselves — but unto the Lord. And so too Old Age has its duties. I will mention some of them.
1. You should endeavor to be patient and gentle. Amidst all your pains and infirmities, how blessed if you can feel a cheerful submissionto God's will, and if you can accept, not merely with resignation — but with actual thankfulness, all that He lays upon you. Now, God can give you this patient, humble, and submissive spirit, if you will earnestly and daily seek it from Him.
2. You should try to be cheerful and considerate of others. Sometimes old people are a little apt to dwell too much on their own troubles and needs. Guard against this; and seek to make those around you happy. You cannot do much, perhaps — but you can do something. A gentle word or two, or even a kind look, will cheer some and encourage others.
Little drops of water, little grains of sand,
Make the boundless ocean, and the beauteous land.
Little deeds of kindness, little words of love,
Make our earth an Eden, like the heaven above.
Do not begrudge young people those delights which you can no longer enjoy. But put yourself often in their place, and remember that you were once a child yourself. The very feeling that you are trying to make others happy — will make you happy yourself.
3. Be much in prayer and in the reading of God's Word. These are great helps to a Christian pilgrim; they are like so many strong staffs along the way. Use them diligently and they will help you onward. As you read a little further in this book, you will see some directions how to profit by the use of them.
4. You should sit loose to this world — and be in readiness to leave it. This, you will say, is the duty of us all. Yes — but it is especially your duty; for the clock of time seems now to be giving its warning sound in your ears. Every day seems now to be saying to you, 'Prepare to meet your God! The night is far spent; the day is at hand. The judge stands at the door!'
It is a melancholy sight to see an aged person bent down with years, standing at the edge of eternity — and yet unwilling to loose his hold of this world — clinging to it with an eager grasp — as much busied as ever with its trifling concerns — still thirsting for its poor pleasures, and yet unable to enjoy them — having no hope as regards eternity. Such an old age is indeed a sad one.
But you will perhaps say, Surely when any one has grown old, and when he has sown the wild oats of youth, he will, as a matter of course, become thoughtful, and turn his mind towards that eternal world which he is so shortly to enter. But no; this does not at all follow. On the contrary, I have seen many in old age, just as worldly-minded as ever, and putting from them even then the thoughts of a life to come.
Dear friend, it is only saving grace which can make you concerned about your never-dying soul. It is only grace which can prepare you for eternity. We all need the powerful working of God's Spirit to draw our minds from earth — to heaven; from sin — to holiness.
Happy for you, if heaven is the home of your heart! Happy for you if your thoughts are centered there! Happy for you, if you can say, 'The world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world!' 'So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen istemporary, but what is unseen is eternal. Now we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands!'
5. Your conversation should be heavenly. Your time on earth is nearly ended; and therefore you should not think much about this present world, which you are on the point of leaving. Its pleasures, its riches, its occupations — should not much occupy your mind. You should rather busy yourself about your journey to your everlasting home. You should love to speak about your Father's house.
True it is, that our poor hearts will ever be 'cleaving to the dust.' There is a weight upon our wings ever keeping us downwards. But oh, struggle against this. Pray against it. Ask God continually to be drawing your mind heavenward, and to enable you to 'set your affections on things above.' Speak thankfully of His preserving mercy. Bear testimony to His goodness and faithfulness. And recommend others to trust Him without a doubt, and to give their whole hearts to Him.
6. Try and set a good example to others. We should all wish to be useful in the world. But now that you are grown old, you feel perhaps that your time for usefulness is past. Satan may whisper, 'You are too old to be useful now!' But not so! You may do something still. It is true that you cannot labor for your family as you once did. You cannot go here and there to help those who need your assistance. But you may be very useful; yes, useful even now — useful if you are rich, and useful too if you are poor.
As you sit by your fireside, you may speak Christian words, and you may show by your conduct and temper — the blessed effects that salvation has upon your heart. You may, by your prayers and praises, by your patience and perseverance, by your watching and waiting — glorify God. A Christian aged man or woman may thus be a great blessing to the house and place in which he is living. He may spread a feeling of contentment around him. He may check many a bad word, and soften down many a quarrelsome spirit. He may show forth so clearly the power of grace in his own conduct, that he may thereby lead others to seek it, and pray for it themselves.
Without speaking much, or doing much — you may honor God by your Christian conduct; and thus your light may so shine before men, that they may glorify Him. We know that a lovely picture in a room is a pleasant thing to gaze upon; we constantly turn to it with pleasure. And what picture is there more beautiful than that of an aged Christian — old in years, and ripe in grace? 'Gray hair is a crown of glory; it is gained by living a godly life.'
Yes, remember always you may do much by your example. This will be even more useful even than your words. For your words may be mistaken — but your life cannot be; it must and will speak. Paul reminded the Corinthians of this, when he said, 'You show that you are theepistles of Christ, known and read by everybody!' That is, your lives plainly declare whose and what you are.
These are some of the duties which belong to aged people. Dear reader, neglect them not, try to fulfill them. It will be for your own happiness — and for the good of others. Thus you will be 'bearing fruit in old age.' 'He is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither. Whatever he does prospers!'

Special Sermon
I hope you will enjoy this sermon
http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=101506111844

Guest Websites

Please visit the following websites and get involved

http://www.hem-of-his-garment-bible-study.org/

http://www.gideons.org/Splash.aspx

http://www.persecution.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 21 May 2013, 8:09 pm

To lead and shepherd a church is one of the best roles and also one of the loneliest, so please appreciate your Pastor. Tell Him you love and treasure them and truly appreciate their ministry. They are messengers of God and they need to be to be appreciated and loved.

If there are any Pastors reading this, then thank you for what you are doing for the Lord, you are a great blessing to the body of Christ. I have been privileged to sit under the ministry of several godly men.. Pastor David Green my first pastor, Pastor Mark Johnstone at Heysham FM, my beloved friend Richard scholes at Home Church and Now Pastor Ji in China. Thank you all for the example you have shared with me and shown me.

Please share this devotion with your pastor and please click on the featured links at the bottom of this devotion.

God Bless

Keith

Noonday Devotion For Pastors and all involved in preaching the word

HOLDING FAST THE FAITHFUL WORD

Titus 1
9 Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.

To have one of the five fold ministries is totally awesome, it is a wonderful privilege. God has blessed me with the gift of being a Teacher and I gratefully acknowledge that I receive everything from Him , as I am no Bible scholar or writer either. Everything I share comes from God.

We have many how to books today, but in scripture there are 3 books that show what it is to be in five fold ministry and how to go about it. These books are written by Paul to his protege.. Timothy and to his good friend Titus.
This verse to me signifies everything that a person does who is involved in five fold ministry.

One of the first things, he/she has to do is to:
Hold Fast
They must never move in their faith, their prayers must be strong. Whatever happens in the world, these people must never be moved, they are the rocks of the church.
The Faithful Word

What it is that they have to hold fast to? It is the word of God. The word of God is under terrible attack at the present time and therefore it is absolutely essential that the people in five fold ministry, hold strongly to the truths of Scripture.

Why Does God call them
To exhort the Body Of Christ. They are almost like Pied Pipers. Paul said that people had to follow his example. A godly Pastor and Evangelist encourages the church.. a bad pastor destroys the church.
To convince the people out there in the world through the foolishness of preaching.

The five fold ministry is not only to exhort the church, but to touch the world with the truths of the gospel.
I would say to every Christian, that your Pastor needs your support and prayers at all times.
Tell Him/her they are appreciated and loved
God bless everyone involved in the five fold ministry
Keith

Guest Devotion by Horatius Bonar

Ministerial Confessions

by Horatius Bonar
We have been carnal and unspiritual. The tone of our life has been low and earthly. Associating too much and too intimately with the world, we have in a great measure become accustomed to its ways. Hence our spiritual tastes have been vitiated, our consciences blunted, and that sensitive tenderness of feeling has worn off and given place to an amount of callousness of which we once, in fresher days, believed ourselves incapable.
We have been selfish. We have shrunk from toil, difficulty and endurance. We have counted only our lives, and our temporal ease and comfort dear unto us. We have sought to please ourselves. We have been worldly and covetous. We have not presented ourselves unto God as "living sacrifices," laying ourselves, our lives, our substance, our time, our strength, our faculties, our all, upon His altar. We seem altogether to have lost sight of this self sacrificing principle on which even as Christians, but much more as ministers, we are called upon to act. We have had little idea of anything like sacrifice at all. Up to the point where a sacrifice was demanded, we may have been willing to go, but there we stood; counting it unnecessary, perhaps calling it imprudent and unadvised, to proceed further. Yet ought not the life of every Christian, especially of every minister, to be a life of self sacrifice and self denial throughout, even as was the life of Him who "pleased not himself"?
We have been slothful. We have been sparing of our toil. We have not endured hardship as good soldiers of Jesus Christ. We have not sought to gather up the fragments of our time, that not a moment might be thrown idly or unprofitably away. Precious hours and days have been wasted in sloth, in idle company, in pleasure, in idle or worthless reading, that might have been devoted to the closet, the study, the pulpit or the meeting! Indolence, self indulgence, fickleness, flesh pleasing, have eaten like a canker into our ministry, arresting the blessing and marring our success. We have manifested but little of the unwearied, self denying love with which, as shepherds, we ought to have watched over the flocks committed to our care. We have fed ourselves, and not the flock. We have dealt deceitfully with God, whose servants we profess to be.
We have been cold. Even when diligent, how little warmth and glow! The whole soul is not poured into the duty, and hence it wears too often the repulsive air of 'routine' and 'form'. We do not speak and act like men in earnest. Our words are feeble, even when sound and true; our looks are careless, even when our words are weighty; and our tones betray the apathy which both words and looks disguise. Love is lacking, deep love, love strong as death, love such as made Jeremiah weep in secret places. In preaching and visiting, in counseling and reproving, what formality, what coldness, how little tenderness and affection!
We have been timid. Fear has often led us to smooth down or generalize truths which if broadly stated must have brought hatred and reproach upon us. We have thus often failed to declare to our people the whole counsel of God. We have shrunk from reproving, rebuking and exhorting with all patience and doctrine. We have feared to alienate friends, or to awaken the wrath of enemies.
We have been lacking in solemnity. How deeply ought we to be abased at our levity, frivolity, flippancy, vain mirth, foolish talking and jesting, by which grievous injury has been done to souls, the progress of the saints retarded, and the world countenanced in its wretched vanities.
We have preached ourselves, not Christ. We have sought applause, courted honor, been avaricious of fame and jealous of our reputation. We have preached too often so as to exalt ourselves instead of magnifying Christ, so as to draw men's eyes to ourselves instead of fixing them on Him and His cross. Have we not often preached Christ for the very purpose of getting honor to ourselves? Christ, in the sufferings of His first coming and the glory of His second, has not been the Alpha and Omega, the first and the last, of all our sermons.
We have not duly studied and honored the Word of God. We have given a greater prominence to man's writings, man's opinions, man's systems in our studies than to the Word. We have drunk more out of human cisterns than divine. We have held more communion with man than God. Hence the mold and fashion of our spirits, our lives, our words, have been derived more from man than God. We must study the Bible more. We must steep our souls in it. We must not only lay it up within us, but transfuse it through the whole texture of the soul. The study of truth in its academic more than in its devotional form has robbed it of its freshness and power, engendering formality and coldness.
We have not been men of prayer. The spirit of prayer has slumbered among us. The closet has been too little frequented and delighted in. We have allowed business, study or active labor to interfere with our closet hours. A feverish atmosphere has found its way into our closet, disturbing the sweet calm of its blessed solitude. Sleep, company, idle visiting, foolish talking and jesting, idle reading, unprofitable occupations, engross time that might have been redeemed for prayer. Why is there so little concern to get time to pray? Why is there so much speaking, yet so little prayer? Why is there so much running to and fro, yet so little prayer? Why so much bustle and business, yet so little prayer? Why so many meetings with our fellow men, yet so few meetings with God? Why so little being alone, so little thirsting of the soul for the calm, sweet hours of unbroken solitude, when God and His child hold fellowship together as if they could never part? It is the lack of these solitary hours that not only injures our own growth in grace, but makes us such unprofitable members of the church of Christ, and that renders our lives useless. In order to grow in grace, we must be much alone with God. It is not in society, even Christian society that the soul grows most rapidly and vigorously. In one single quiet hour of prayer it will often make more progress than in whole days of company with others. It is in the 'desert' that the dew falls freshest and the air is purest. So with the soul. It is when none but God is near; when His presence alone, like the desert air in which there is mingled no noxious breath of man, surrounds and pervades the soul; it is then that the eye gets the clearest, simplest view of eternal certainties; it is then that the soul gathers in wondrous refreshment and power and energy. Nearness to God, fellowship with God, waiting upon God, resting in God, have been too little the characteristic either of our private or our ministerial walk. Hence our example has been so powerless, our labors so unsuccessful, our sermons so meager, our whole ministry so fruitless and feeble.
We have not honored the Holy Spirit. We have not sought His teaching or His anointing. "But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth." (1 John 2:20). Neither in the study of the Word nor the preaching of it to others, have we duly acknowledged His office as the Enlightener of the understanding, the Revealer of the truth, the Testifier and Glorifier of Christ. We have grieved Him by the slight put upon Him as the Teacher, the Convincer, the Comforter, the Sanctifier. Hence He has almost departed from us, and left us to reap the fruit of our own perversity and unbelief. Besides, we have grieved Him by our inconsistent walk, by our lack of circumspection, by our worldly mindedness, by our unholiness, by our prayerlessness, by our unfaithfulness, by our lack of solemnity, by a life and conversation so little in conformity with the character of a disciple or the office of ambassador.
We have had little of the mind of Christ. We have come far short of the example of the Master. We have had little of the grace, the compassion, the meekness, the lowliness, the love of Jesus. His weeping over Jerusalem is a feeling in which we have but little heartfelt sympathy. His seeking of the lost is little imitated by us. His unwearied teaching of the multitudes we shrink from as too much for flesh and blood. His days of fasting, His nights of watchfulness and prayer, are not fully realized as models for us to copy. His counting not His own life dear unto Him that He might glorify the Father and finish the work given Him to do, is but little remembered by us as the principle on which we are to act. Yet surely we are to follow His steps; the servant is to walk where his Master has led the way; the under shepherd is to be what the Chief Shepherd was. We must not seek rest or ease in a world where He whom we love had none.
We have been unbelieving. It is unbelief that makes us so cold in our preaching, so slothful in visiting, and so remiss in all our sacred duties. It is unbelief that chills our life and straitens our heart. It is unbelief that makes us handle eternal realities with such irreverence. It is unbelief that makes us ascend with so light a step into the pulpit to deal with immortal beings about heaven and hell.
We have not been sincere in our preaching. If we were, could we be so cold, so prayerless, so inconsistent, so slothful, so worldly, so unlike men whose business is all about eternity? We must be more in earnest if we would win souls. We must be more in earnest if we would walk in the footsteps of our beloved Lord, or if we would fulfill the vows that are upon us. We must be more in earnest if we would be less than hypocrites. We must be more in earnest if we would finish our course with joy, and obtain the crown at the Master's coming. We must work while it is day; the night comes when no man can work.
We have been unfaithful. The fear of man and the love of his applause have often made us afraid. We have been unfaithful to our own souls, to our flocks, and to our brethren; unfaithful in the pulpit, in visiting, in discipline in the church. In the discharge of every one of the duties of our stewardship there has been grievous unfaithfulness. Instead of the special particularization of the sin reproved, there has been the vague allusion. Instead of the bold reproof, there has been the timid hint. Instead of the uncompromising condemnation, there has been the feeble disapproval. Instead of the unswerving consistency of a holy life whose uniform tenor should be a protest against the world and a rebuke of sin, there has been such an amount of unfaithfulness in our walk and conversation, in our daily deportment and talking with others, that any degree of faithfulness we have been enabled to manifest on the Lord's Day is almost neutralized by the lack of circumspection which our weekday life exhibits.
We need men that will spend and be spent, that will labor and pray, that will watch and weep for souls!

Special Sermon

This is an excellent sermon

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=661195484

Guest websites

Please take time to view these websites

http://www.sermonaudio.com/main.asp

http://www.pastorstoprisoners.org/

http://www.pastorswives.org/home

http://stephenolford.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 18 May 2013, 9:17 pm

Welcome a very special noonday devotion

I am privileged to be part of a couple.. my beautiful and wonderful wife Helen is the other part and she is not just the better half.. she is the best half of it.

Please click on the links at the bottom of these devotions

Thanks and God bless

Keith

LOVING SUBJECTION

Ephesians 5

22 Wives, be subject (be submissive and adapt yourselves) to your own husbands as [a service] to the Lord.
23 For the husband is head of the wife as Christ is the Head of the church, Himself the Savior of [His] body.
24 As the church is subject to Christ, so let wives also be subject in everything to their husbands.
25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her,
26 So that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the Word,
27 That He might present the church to Himself in glorious splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such things [that she might be holy and faultless].
28 Even so husbands should love their wives as [being in a sense] their own bodies. He who loves his own wife loves himself.
29 For no man ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and carefully protects and cherishes it, as Christ does the church
This is a very serious subject, marriage is a very serious deal not just to the people involved but to God. He has ordained this sacred thing and he looks upon it very seriously. These words penned by the Apostle Paul and inspired by God himself are tough reading.
I wish to write this from a man's perspective, because it is the Man who is the leader in marriage.. amen.
The central verse in this passage is verse 25 and all that is taught hangs on these words.
25 Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave Himself up for her

Husbands are not just meant to love their wives, they are taught to love their wives as Christ loved the Church.

So how did God love the church.

The words can be paraphrased like this...Jesus did everything or anything for her. There were no lengths that Jesus wouldn't go to redeem his church.. amen. He paid the ultimate price, he gave absolute everything for his bride and he calls men to do anything or everything for their brides (wife).

God says to husbands.. there should be nothing you won't do for your wife.. nothing is too much trouble, you will go to any lengths to bless her.

To sacrifice for your bride should be seen by you as a privilege, this will cost, we will have to get rid of habits, we have to come out of our comfort zones and go the extra mile.. amen.

Jesus is constantly working within his church, so that when he presents her to Father God, he would show her to be his precious bride. That is also the job of the husband to present his wife to God as a precious bride, and to do this, you have to fill her with the word of God, washing her constantly with the pure water of the word of God.

The man is to walk in self sacrificing love, when he is doing this, the woman will submit, because she sees that man is completely submitted to Christ. She will see that in submitting to the man, she is submitting herself to God. She sees that her husband is so tuned into God, that she can submit to him without fear of rejection.

The marriage relationship, is or should be the closest reflection of the relationship between Christ and his church.

If the man is not submitted to God, then the woman does not have to submit to him, If I am not walking in the power of God, I cannot expect Helen to submit to me.

Men, you say.. my wife will not submit to me. Are you treating your wife as Christ did the church?

What will you sacrifice to do this men?

Jesus gave everything.. he didn't hold back anything.. he gave up absolutely everything for his church.. amen

I thank God that I have a beautiful wife, who does submit to me, but only because I am submitted to Christ.

We have to treasure our wives, just like Jesus treasures hIs church. the love of God for his church is overpowering and extraordinary.. may the love we have for our wives be the true sacrifical love of Jesus.

May God bless us all

Love to you all

Keith

Guest Devotion by John James for Ladies

For wives only!

(J. A. James, "The Christian Wife" 1828)

"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord."
Ephesians 5:22

In every society, there must be authority vested somewhere,
and some ultimate authority, some last and highest tribunal
established, from the decision of which there lies no appeal.
In the family constitution this authority rests in the husband
--he is the head, the law-giver, the ruler. In all matters
concerning the 'little world in the house', he is to direct,
not indeed without taking counsel with his wife. But in all
differences of view, he is to decide--unless he chooses to
waive his right; and to his decision the wife should yield,
and yield with grace and cheerfulness.

Usurpation of authority is always hateful, and it is one of
the most offensive exhibitions of it, where the husband is
degraded into a slave of the queen mother.

I admit it is difficult for a sensible woman to submit to
imbecility, but she should have considered this before she
united herself to it. Having committed one error, let her not
fall into a second, but give the strongest proof of her good
sense which circumstances will allow her to offer, by making
that concession to the God-given authority of her husband.
She may reason, she may persuade, she may solicit--but if
ignorance cannot be convinced, nor obstinacy turned, nor
kindness conciliated, she has no resource left but to submit.

"Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord."
Ephesians 5:22

Guest Devotion by Jr Miller

Husbands, love your wives!

(Miller, "Secrets of Happy Home Life" 1894)

"Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ
loved the church and gave Himself up for
her." Ephes. 5:25

A husband is to love his wife.

Such love never demands obedience.
It never demands anything; it seeks
not to be served, but to serve.

Is love despotic?

Does love put its object in a servant's place?
No; love serves. It seeks not its own. It desires
"not to be served, but to serve." It does not
demand attention, deference, service, subjection.
It seeks rather to serve, to give, to honor.

The measure of the love required by the husband
is to be well noted, "just as Christ loved the church
and gave Himself up for her."

This is a lofty standard.

How did Christ show His love for His Church?
Think of . . .
His gentleness to His friends,
His patience with them in all their faultiness,
His thoughtfulness,
His unwearying kindness.

Never did a harsh word fall from His lips upon their
ears. Never did He do anything to give them pain.
It was not easy for Him at all times to maintain
such constancy and such composure and quietness
of love toward them; for they were very faulty, and
tried Him in a thousand ways. But His affection
never wearied nor failed for an instant. Husbands
are to love their wives even as Christ also loved the
Church, and gave Himself up for it. He loved even
to the cost of utmost self sacrifice.

There are men, however, who would do this, whose
love would sacrifice even life itself for a wife, but
who fail in daily and hourly tenderness. More wives
might complain of the lack of love in the little
tendernesses.

A true woman's heart craves gentleness. It is hurt . . .
by bitter words,
by coldness,
by impatience,
by harsh criticisms,
by neglect,
by the withholding of the expressions of affection.

Love craves its daily bread of tenderness. No
husband should deny his wife the little things
of affection, the amenities of love, along the
busy, trying days; and then think to make
amends by putting a flower in her cold hand
when she lies in the coffin.

"You placed this flower in her hand, you say,
This pure, pale rose in her hand of clay.
Methinks, could she lift her sealed eyes,
They would meet your own with a grieved surprise.
When did you give her a flower before?
Ah, well, what matter, when all is o'er?"

Special Sermon

Please listen to these wonderful sermon

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=330121731520

Guest websites

Please take time to read the folowing websites

http://christiancouples.org/

http://www.marriagemissions.com/about-us/

http://powertochange.com/blogposts/author/gsmalley/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 17 May 2013, 10:11 pm

Welcome to a very special noonday devotion

I have come late to parenting and am undergoing a crash course with our daughter Ming. I made so many mistakes, but I am seeking to bless my family in any way I can.

Please take time to click on the links at the bottom of these devotions.

Thanks and God bless

Keith

ACTIONS SPEAK LOUDER THAN WORDS

Ephesians 6

4 Fathers, do not irritate and provoke your children to anger [do not exasperate them to resentment], but rear them [tenderly] in the training and discipline and the counsel and admonition of the Lord.

Children are a great blessing from the Lord.. amen

Now as I have said earlier, my skills as a parent have had a crash course as although Ming is amazing, she is a real challenge as she is going through her teenage years and those of you, who have teenagers in your house know how difficult that can be.

I can't say anything mind blowing or new, and I can't give you any fancy answers. All I can do is point you to the principles of God's word and what I have learnt from my little time of being a parent.

My Mother and Father used to say to me when I was a child..'actions speak louder than words'.

This is true especially for parents, one action, one attitude counts for more than a thousand words. Every single action we make inside the home, is watched, your children are more observant than you think. They notice when you are sad, they notice every wrong attitude.

To nurture them is to feed them tenderly, constantly and often. To nurture your children, you have to do it on a hourly and daily basis, this feeding never stops.. amen. What are you feeding them? Even after you go to bed.. they can still hear the TV, they can still hear the radio, CD player. They see your CD collection, your video collection, they see the magazines you read and leave around the house.. is there anything you need to get rid of parent.. a CD / video or watching a bad programme?

Admonition means to gently reprove, most of the time this is done by sitting them down and telling them, but on occasion and only when there is wilful disobedience must the rod be used, it can be used, just don't use it as the first option.. amen. We are not to use our parental authority as an excuse to beat our children.. amen.

Parents, we can set our children a strong set of rules, but this worthless, unless you are under the Lordship of Jesus.

The role of the parent is to bring their children to the feet of Jesus, to place them on the lap of Jesus.

I have to ask myself and ask all parents.. Has your life enabled your child to get closer to Jesus?

Can my child say I want what my Mum and Dad have, a deep and loving relationship with Christ?

I don't know all the answers and have failed so much with Ming, but God is merciful and forgives me.

Let us pray fervently for our children and always seek to bring them to Jesus.

Written in humility.. by the way Ming is so amazing and so wonderful. Love you Ming

A parent who sometimes fails but loves his amazing daughter

God bless you

Keith

Guest Devotion by JC Ryle

They will copy what you are!

(J. C. Ryle, "The Duties of Parents")

Parents, train your children remembering continually
the influence of your own example!

Instruction, and advice, and commands will profit little--
unless they are backed up by the pattern of your own life!

Your children will never believe you are in earnest,
so long as your actions contradict your counsel.

Tillotson made a wise remark when he said, "To give
children good instruction, and a bad example, is but
beckoning to them with the head to show them the
way to heaven, while we take them by the hand
and lead them in the way to hell!"

We little know the force and power of example.

No one of us can live to himself in this world. We are
always influencing our children, in one way or another,
either for good or for evil--either for God or for sin.

They see our ways.
They mark our conduct.

They observe our behavior.

And never does example show so powerfully
as it does in the case of parents and children.

Fathers and mothers, do not forget that children learn
more by the eye than they do by the ear. No school will
make such deep marks on 'character' as home. The best of
school-teachers will not imprint on their minds as much as
they will pick up at your fireside. Imitation is a far stronger
principle with children than memory. What they see has a
much stronger effect on their minds than what they are told.

Take care, then, what you do in front of your child. It is a
true proverb, "He who sins before a child, sins double!"

Strive rather to be a living epistle of Christ, such as your
families can read, and that plainly too. Be an example of
reverence for the Word of God, and reverence in prayer.

Be an example . . .
in words,
in temper,
in diligence,
in temperance,
in faith,
in charity,
in kindness,
in humility.

Do not think your children will practice what they do not
see you do. You are their model picture--and they will
copy what you are! Your reasoning and your lecturing,
your wise commands and your good advice--all this they
may not understand. But they can understand your life!

Children are very quick observers--very quick in seeing
through some kinds of hypocrisy, very quick in finding out
what you really think and feel, very quick in adopting all
your ways and opinions. You will often find as the father
is, so is the son.

Your children will seldom learn habits which they see you
despise; or walk in paths in which you do not walk yourself.

The parent who tries to train without setting a good example
is building with one hand, and pulling down with the other!

Guest Devotion by James Smith
How many of us have sacrificed our children to the idols!

(James Smith, "Affliction Regarded" 1865)

"They shed innocent blood — the blood of their sons and daughters whom they sacrificed to the idols of Canaan; so the land became polluted with blood!" Psalm 106:38

We may plead guiltless as to the shedding of the blood of the body — but there is the blood of souls! How many of us have sacrificed our children to the idols of the present Canaan — fashion, custom, dress, amusements, and worldly conformity in general!

Look at the poor example we give them!

Look at the worldly company we choose for them!

Look at the carnal practices we allow them to indulge in!

O how many of our children have been sacrificed to custom, fashion, and the various idols of the world!

Special Sermon
Please listen to this excellent Sermon

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=7411953292

Guest website
Please read these excellent websites

http://www.biblicalparenting.org/

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/parenting.aspx

http://www.parentsforchrist.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 May 2013, 12:21 am

Welcome to News from China

Hello once again as I share about life in China and within the Unregistered church. Please take time to share these articles with all your friends and groups.. esp facebook.. if you like to tweet.. please tweet the website at the bottom.

Thanks and God Bless

Keith

FALSE LIGHTNING

This week I wish to make you aware of one of the most dangerous things, I have ever seen in my life. As you know the church in China is unique and of course that has caught the attention of the devil.

In the west, we have many dangerous cults, such as the Jws and Mormons, who deny who Jesus is and deny that Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone. This cult is called Eastern Lightning, and although similar to the two already mentioned, has methods of recruiting that are downright terrible.

This cult seeks to destroy the local church from the inside by taking a Trojan horse approach. It goes all out to destroy local churches, using methods that are underhand and deadly, isn't this typical of the devil, he doesn't play by the rules.

They use financial inducements to trap church leaders and then if they try to leave, they are beaten, threatened and sometimes killed.

We have had our own experiences of this cult, I was walking down the street and was stopped by a girl on a bicycle, she pointed to the sky and said God in Chinese.. I Gave one of our little cards which has Helen's phone no and e-mail on, and she received a text saying " Do you want to be part of a new work in China". Then 3 days later, we had them at our door, they visited all the flats in our complex, and people are now very confused about the truth of the gospel.

Although I find all their ideas crazy and wrong, the need to be admired, the having a false truth, take time to spread their false nonsense, no effort is spared, no sacrifice in time and money is too much. When the Christan believer sits in front of their TV or Computer, they are out there, out in the street corners, in the cafe's and university campuses. It is time to say clear off to these false teachers and to reclaim these places for Christ.

Helen saw two young girls in the university area proclaiming this stuff...we can ignore it, like we have done in the west or we can pray against it and challenge it.

These false teachers and cults spend more time and money on spreading their false ideas.. than the church ever does on spreading the truth of the gospel.. it is time to get off your backside church and turn the TV off and share the gospel.. amen. Very blunt I know, but needs to be said.. amen.

Quote by Thomas a Kempis

At the Day of Judgment, we shall not be asked what we have read, but what we have done.

Quote by CT studd

“Too long have we been waiting for one another to begin! The time of waiting is past! The hour of God has struck! War is declared! In God’s Holy Name let us arise and build! ‘The God of Heaven, He will fight for us’, as we for Him. We will not build on the sand, but on the bedrock of the sayings of Christ, and the gates and minions of hell shall not prevail against us. Should such men as we fear? Before the world, aye, before the sleepy, lukewarm, faithless, namby-pamby Christian world, we will dare to trust our God, we will venture our all for Him, we will live and we will die for Him, and we will do it with His joy unspeakable singing aloud in our hearts. We will a thousand times sooner die trusting only our God, than live trusting in man. And when we come to this position the battle is already won, and the end of the glorious campaign in sight. We will have the real Holiness of God, not the sickly stuff of talk and dainty words and pretty thoughts; we will have a Masculine Holiness, one of daring faith and works for Jesus Christ.” -C.T. Studd

Quote by Hudson Taylor

Christ is either Lord of all, or He is not Lord at all.

Many sports fans are more dedicated to their team, than we are to Christ. We need to get our heads out of the sand.. the church needs a real rocket under it!!!

So what Can you do to help

You Can pray effectively binding this cult and all false teachers in the precious name of Jesus

You can read the article at the bottom and be aware of what this dangerous cult is doing

You can share the gospel with everyone you meet.. get your church out of it's ivory tower and onto the streets

You can share this article with all your friends

You can get to now your bible.. from cover to cover.

I have talked to Muslims, Jws etc and they know their doctrine so well, they know exactly what to say. We have to be people of the book.. and one book, it is time to put away that novel and newspaper and start to study the scriptures.

Please would you please pray for the Church we attend in Nanjing China.. Family Church. Many members of our little church have had visits from members of the Eastern Lightning cult.. please see link below to see how dangerous they are. This cult needs to be bound and prayed against in warfare prayer. Please stand with us in Jesus name.

http://www.blessedquietness.com/journal/housechu/lightning.htm

Thanks

Keith and Helen

Special Sermon

Please be stirred by the vision of God that William Booth had.. is it your vision and if not why not?

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=11908653572

Pray for China please.. stand with us in fervent prayer

http://www.prayforchina.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 12 May 2013, 8:15 pm

As you set out on the Journey of Life, you need to make a clear commitment to Christ. This devotion sets out principles which will help you do that.

I hope it blesses you

God bless

Keith

Noonday Devotion

TREASURE GOD EVERY DAY

As someone who is a little bit older!.. I don't feel that I should be writing this, but the Lord has laid on my heart these things to share with you.

The first thing to do is to treasure every day. When I was 16 and newly converted. I looked forward to the age of 50 and looked forward to those days and thought they were so far away.. but time passes quickly and we only get one chance to live our lives and so it is important not to waste a single second. The choices made at your young age will have an impact on the rest of your life.

'Only one life will soon be past, only what is done for CHRIST will last'

What Joshua says to the Children of Israel in Chapter 24 of his great book still holds true today

14 Now therefore fear the LORD, and serve him in sincerity and in truth: and put away the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the flood, and in Egypt; and serve ye the LORD.

15 And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye
dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

16 And the people answered and said, God forbid that we should forsake the LORD, to serve other gods; 17 For the LORD our God, He it is that brought us up and our fathers out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage, and which did those great signs in our sight, and preserved us in all the way wherein we went, and among all the people through whom we passed:

18 And the LORD drove out from before us all the people, even the Amorites which dwelt in the land: therefore will we also serve the LORD; for He is our God.

19 And Joshua said unto the people, Ye cannot serve the LORD: for he is a Holy God; he is a jealous God; He will not forgive your transgressions nor your sins.

20 If ye forsake the LORD, and serve strange gods, then He will turn and do you hurt, and consume you, after that He hath done you good.

21 And the people said unto Joshua, Nay; but we will serve the LORD.

I cannot give advice to any one of you, all I can and will do is to point you in the direction of God's word and share my own experience.

God says to cast all your care upon him..1 Peter 5

7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you

To trust in Him.. Proverbs 3

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalm 37

3Trust in the LORD, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

4 Delight thyself also in the LORD: and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.

5 Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.

6 And He shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

7 Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.

What I have learned from years of Christian experience and what millions of others have also, is that GOD CAN BE TRUSTED.. HE IS TOTALLY FAITHFUL AND TRUSTWORTHY AND HE WILL NEVER EVER LET YOU DOWN.

Let me finish with two things that have helped me.

Paul in his very final days wrote to a young man.. Timothy.. who was probably in the same age range of you. Gave us two wonderful epistles of how to live in today's world. Read and digest both these books but especially 2 Timothy...THIS IS HIS HEART. Paul could say be ye followers of me.. because he was following in the steps of HIS MASTER JESUS. You are treading a way that has been trod down the years by many millions, but everyone who has trodden it, have done it with God beside them and living in Him through the power of the HOLY SPIRIT.

Also read biographies of great men and women of God such as James Hudson Taylor, CT Studd, Dawson Trotman, Jackie Pullinger, Robert Murray Mcheyne, Andrew Murray and Jim Elliott

My Dear friends.... stay strong in the Lord.

May you be filled with all the Power, Purity and Passion of God. Amen!

God bless you

Keith

Guest Devotion.. very important to read

Reader, are you a Christian?

(James Smith, "Good seed for the Lord's field!" 1856)
Are you a Christian?
This is a very important inquiry, because many profess to be so — who are not so in reality. And yet no one can be saved — unless he is a Christian.
If anyone is in Christ — he is a new creature:
he is convinced of sin — and mourns over it;
he hates sin — and departs from it;
he reads the Word of God — and loves it;
he hears the gospel of Christ — and believes it.
He becomes a disciple of Christ, . . .
learning His doctrines,
trusting His promises,
and doing His will.
He receives the Spirit of Christ, which is a spirit of meekness, love, and holiness.
He would rather suffer for Christ — than sin against Christ! He . . .
loves the person of Christ,
imitates the example of Christ, and
observes the ordinances of Christ.
He commits his soul into the hands of Jesus . . .
to be pardoned through His blood,
to be justified by His righteousness,
to be sanctified by His Spirit,
to be preserved by His power,
to be used for His glory, and
to be presented faultless by Him to the Father at last.
He looks for the second coming of Christ with joy — because then he will be like Him, for he will see Him as He is!
Such is a Christian, according to the New Testament.
Reader, are you a Christian?
Can you live without prayer?
Can you be happy without Christ?
Can you neglect or despise the Word of God?
If so — then you are not a Christian!
Every Christian finds . . .
prayer to be the breath of his soul,
Christ to be the food of his soul,
the Bible to be the comfort of his soul, and
the Lord's people to be the beloved companions of his soul.
Examine yourself, for thousands bear the Christian name — who know nothing of Christian experience. Multitudes live and die under a delusion — and will say to Jesus at last, "Lord, Lord, we were Christians!" Then He will say unto them, "I never knew you! Depart from Me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels!" This will be dreadful — most dreadful!

Special Sermon
This is real preaching.. please listen
http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=74091412491

Guest websites
Please view these excellent websites
http://www.om.org/
http://missionstrips.com/
http://ifesworld.org/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 10 May 2013, 8:49 pm

Welcome to this special noonday devotion for all you little ones

Do you know that Jesus has a special place in His heart reserved Just for you.

God loves you so much, The Lord loves all people, but especially children,after all, Our Lord Jesus, had a childhood whilst here on earth, He understands what happens to your little ones, He has been through it.

I hope all parents will show their little ones this devotion and invite their little ones to climb onto the knee of Jesus

God bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion for the Little ones

JESUS LOVES YOU

LUKE 2

51 And He went down with them, and came to Nazareth, and was subject unto them: but His mother kept all these sayings in her heart.

52 And Jesus increased in wisdom and stature, and in favour with God and men.

When your Mum and Dad ask you to do something, remember that the parents of Jesus asked Him to do things as well and He instantly obeyed, He was subject to His parents, under their authority. Isn't that amazing, The son
of God was told to clean His room by Mary and Joseph. More impressive is that.. he did it.. without question!!!!!

Little Ones, you want to be like Jesus, well make sure you listen always and obey your mum and Dad.. because they love you.

Luke Gives us a beautiful glimpse into the home life of Jesus. We must remember that He went through childhood, went through the same emotions that all children do and fully understands them and has a special place in His heart for them.

Indeed He sets them on His knee, which is done with a heart full of love and compassion.

Jesus knows childhood pain as it is said that He lost His father Joseph during His youth. He had brothers and sisters and indeed played with them and had rough and tumble at times with them.

As children and let me let you into a little secret... ready.. I used to be one and indeed still like to act like one at times.. shh! don't tell anyone will you?

We Must trust Him as Saviour... He loves you just as you are and longs to place you on His knee and to give you all the love you will ever need or want.

Jesus loves children, His heart is open and He is waiting to welcome you and to hold you close to Himself and give you all His Love and Peace.

A final word.. WWJD (What would Jesus do), is a popular badge worn by many children today.. well here is what Jesus did.. He had to obey His mum and dad.. even when they asked Him to clean His room or do the dishes!!!

To every boy and girl reading this, Jesus loves you so much, He wants to reach down and take you in His arms and bless you.

Come and climb up upon the knee of Jesus.. He wants all children to come to Him.

A word to parents.. let your children come to Jesus.. don't be like the disciples who tried to stop the children coming to Jesus.. Jesus loves children and wants them to come to HIM.. even when they are very young.. 4 or 5 years old. Also to parents.. your lives are to be a living epistle of the Love of Jesus, living before them them with a quiet and peaceful spirit.

You are never too young to come to faith.. amen?

God Bless you

Keith.

Guest Devotion .. a lovely take on Daniel by Amy steedman

THE STORY OF DANIEL
The words which Jeremiah the prophet had spoken long years ago had come true. The people of Babylon, that great heathen city, had taken Jerusalem, had thrown down its walls, laid the temple in ruins, seized all its treasures, and carried off its people captive.
Now among the people carried off to be slaves there were several young princes of the royal house of Judah, and one of these princes was Daniel, the hero of this story.
Daniel was quite a boy when he was taken away to Babylon, and although he was a prisoner he was not treated as an ordinary slave. He was trained and taught at the king's court to be a special kind of servant, one who was to "stand before the king."
It was a wonderful court, and a wonderful country where he received his training. The great walls round the city were so wide that chariots drawn by four horses could drive round the top of them, and there was even room enough for the horses to turn. Inside the walls the city was like a garden of delight, green with parks and forests, mirthful with beautiful flowers, and sweet with the scent of spices.
But more wonderful still was the king's palace, set high in the middle of the city, built on terraces of flower gardens and crowned with the temple of the Sun-god whom these people worshiped. There it rose, building upon building, all of different colors—orange, crimson, gold, yellow, blue, and silver-and at the top a silver shrine, almost too dazzling to look upon.
It was a very rich country, too, where cornfields spread their gold in the sunshine, and harvests could be gathered in several times a year, where the air was always soft, and where, if there was not enough rain, the thirsty land was watered by innumerable canals.
But although it was all so fair and rich, Daniel never forgot his own beloved country-never forgot to look towards Jerusalem when he said his prayers to God; and never once did he worship the Sun-god at that silver shrine.
And as he grew to be a man, the people of the court began to know that he was always to be trusted, that he was not only very clever but straight and true and fearless. It was for Daniel that the king called when he was in trouble and wanted to know the meaning of his dreams. It was Daniel only who could read the strange writing on the wall, which warned the people of Babylon that an enemy king would soon take the city and rule there.
Then, when the warning came true and the strange king, whose name was Darius, had taken the city, Daniel was still a favored man, although the golden city was almost destroyed.
King Darius quickly discovered that Daniel was the wisest of all his servants, and the one who was most to be trusted; so he made him a governor of the land, and gave him many honors.
But the other people of the court did not like this. They were jealous of this man whom the king honored, and they soon began to hate him and to lay cunning plans to get rid of him.
Very carefully they watched him day by day, and tried secretly to find out if there was not something crooked about his ways. But it was no use: Daniel was absolutely straight, and as faithful to the king as he was to God.
Faithful to God! Ah! his faithfulness was the one thing they might use against him; there lay the one way in which they might hurt him.
So these cunning men went to the king, and asked him to make a new law, forbidding any one to ask a favor of any god or man, except the king, for thirty days, and threatening that whoever did so should be thrown into the den of lions.
The king was quite flattered, and very willingly set his seal to the new law. He never thought there was anything underhand about it, or dreamed that the wicked men were planning something evil.
But Daniel knew at once what it meant. It was a trap set specially for him. Either he must give up his daily prayers to God, or be thrown to the lions.
He did not hesitate one instant. He did not even say his prayers secretly where no one could see him. Instead of that, he opened his window wide, the window which looked in the direction of Jerusalem; and he knelt at the open window in full view, and prayed to God three times a day, as he had always done before.
Of course, the wicked men were watching for this, and they were overjoyed at the success of their plan. They did not lose a moment, but went straight to the king.
"Have you not signed a decree," they said, "that every man that shall ask a petition of any God or man within thirty days, save of you, O king, shall be cast into the den of lions?"
"The thing is true," answered the king, "according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which alters not."
Then the men triumphantly told their story. Daniel, the king's favorite, had disobeyed the king's law, and had prayed to his God, not once, but three times a day.
Then the king was very sorry, and very angry with himself, and he tried to think of every possible way to save Daniel.
But there was no way. Daniel had disobeyed the law, and the punishment must follow. When the king's seal was once set to a law, it could not be broken, even by himself. So in the evening Daniel was brought out to be cast into the lions' den, and the king's heart was heavy with sorrow. Only one faint gleam of hope there was.
"Your God whom you serve continually, He will deliver you," he said, as he bade Daniel a sorrowful farewell.
But although he spoke such brave words, his heart was very heavy, and his hope was dim. He saw Daniel lowered into the den, he put his seal upon the stone which was laid upon the mouth of the den, and then he returned to his palace so full of grief that he could neither sleep nor eat, but lay awake all night, watching for the morning to come.
Meanwhile, down in the dark den, Daniel was fearlessly waiting for death. He was quite ready to die if it was God's will. He waited for the great, fierce beasts to spring at him in the darkness; he listened for the sound of their feet. But instead there was the sound of an angel's wings, and the light of an angel's face shone in the darkness. And when he looked at the prowling beasts, lo! their mouths were shut by the angel's hand, and they could do him no harm.
So in the early morning, as the first gleam of light shone in the sky, when the king came hurriedly to the mouth of the den and cried, with a bitter cry of sorrow, "O Daniel, servant of the living God, is your God, whom you serve continually, able to deliver you from the lions? "the answer came clear and strong from the depths below
"O king, live forever. My God has sent His angel, and has shut the lions' mouths, that they have not hurt me: forasmuch as before Him innocency was found in me; and also before you, O king, have I done no hurt."

Special Sermon

I hope all you parents listen to this sermon

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=2308172280

Special websites for children

Please share these websites with your kids

http://www.kidstalkaboutgod.org/

http://mylittlelambsministry.com/

http://childrenschapel.org/kidlink.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 08 May 2013, 1:19 pm

Welcome to this special Noonday Devotion
I hope all you men out there, will read this and be blessed and would be challenged and stirred to change the world, through the power of your testimony as you act as Godly men in a society that is confused about man's true identity.

Please share this devotion with all your friends, churches and prayer groups and take time to click on the links at the bottom

Let us stand tall as men and say' we are not ashamed of our Saviour'.. AMEN

God bless

Keith

Noonday Devotion for Men

RELATIONSHIP WITH CHRIST

Acts 4

13 Now when they saw the boldness of Peter and John, and perceived that they were uneducated and untrained men, they marveled. And they realized that they had been with Jesus.

I was asking the Lord, what verse I should share in this devotion and although I don't usually open my Bible at random and write on the first verse that I see... but last night, I happened to open it at Acts 4 and my eyes fell upon this verse.

What the Lord has been showing me over recent days is that the No 1 priority in a Christian's life.. is the relationship with God.

Men in today's society are pulled this way and that. They are told to conform and to fit into some social group to find fulfillment.. but there is only one thing that they should be conformed to and that is the Image of
Christ, through the renewing of their minds through the Word of God. Romans
12:1-2.

As Peter and John were standing in the midst of the Jewish Leadership, there was one thing that struck these individuals and that was their relationship with Christ. They had spent time with Jesus and it showed..
the evidence was too much for even these so called devout people to deny.

When they looked at Peter and John, they didn't see their education or intellect. Likewise when people look at a Christian man's life, they will not see how many degrees he has or how high up he is in his company. but
they will see the relationship he has with his Lord and Master.. Jesus.

Now I am not saying that it is wrong to have an education or to be learned, but we must remember the most important place of learning is at the feet of
the Master.. JESUS

You can be so well read and not know the book of Books.. the Word of God. William Tyndale once said ' a ploughman who knows the Bible is greater than a man who knows hundreds of other books'. This is because the Bible is the only book, where we can have a personal relationship with the Author.

Paul, surely the greatest of the apostles, stated in the great chapter of Philippians 3, that he needed to press on and that he regarded all things in his past as dung. Have you ever smelt dung? It is the most horrible smell and you don't want to be anywhere near it. Have you got rid of things in your past life Christian man?

It is time to stand up and act like the first apostles did, to speak in boldness, not to conform to the world standards.. but to conform to Christ and to know God and His word like never before.. above and beyond anything
else, because once your relationship with God is right, all other things will fall into place.. your job, marriage and career. Matthew 6:33.

God bless you my friends

Keith

Guest Devotion by Charles Orr

The HUSBAND'S Duty to His Wife
The Bible tells man what should be his behavior toward his wife, and a Christian must live and do just what the Bible says, without any modifications. The reader has already agreed with me, that to have a Christian experience — is to live a Christian life.
The husband is to regard the wife as the weaker vessel, and thus give her honor, support, and protection. "Likewise, you husbands, dwell with them according to knowledge, giving honor unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered." (1 Peter 3:7)
The husband must look upon his wife with respect, and because of her feminine sensitiveness, have an especial care for her in spiritual things, and be her support in temporal things. Women have trials peculiar to their own gender, and a husband can scarcely be called a husband, much less a Christian, who neglects to console and comfort them, and throw as much joy and sunlight into their lives as possible.
When Hannah wept because she had no son, her husband sought to comfort her with these words: "Hannah, why are you weeping? Why don't you eat? Why are you downhearted? Don't I mean more to you than ten sons?" (1 Samuel 1:8) May God help husbands to so dwell with their wives, that when the wife is in discouragement and sorrow — they can cheer them by recounting their love, devotion, and goodness to them — Why is your heart grieved? Am I not good and kind to you?
Husbands must love their wives as themselves. "So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourishes and cherishes it, even as the Lord the church." (Ephesians 5:28-29) The care Jesus exercises in nourishing and cherishing the church — is illustrative of the care the husband should manifest in nourishing and cherishing his wife. "Husbands, love your wives — and do not be bitter against them." (Colossians 3:19) All hasty, sharp, cross, unkind, cutting, bitter words — are forever put away by the Christian husband, who loves his wife. Cross, hasty words — are not the fruit of a Christian spirit; and if you have not ceased from them — God has better things for you.

Special Sermon
Please be prepared to be challenged by this sermon.. in English and Chinese
http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=316121428340

GUEST WEBSITE

Please take time to view this website

http://www.menofintegrity.org/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 02 May 2013, 9:01 pm

Welcome to this special Noonday Devotion

This is Noonday Devotion, which is shorter than Simply Scripture. Why Noonday Devotion you may ask.. well there Are Morning and Evening devotions, but nothing for lunchtime..not to my knowledge anyway. Anyway I am unique as people who have met me will tell you. They are probably recovering from the experience!!!

Please share this devotion with all your friends and click on the links at the bottom of these messages.. thanks

This is the first of EIGHT special Noonday Devotions for Ladies, Men,Children, Teens and twenties, Oldies (like me.. lol lol), ministry workers, parents and couples.

The first one is for Ladies.. as they should always go first.. let all the men say amen

I do hope many ladies, will be blessed by this devotion and that not only ladies read it, but men also.

God gives great honour to women, and they have a full place in God's plan.

Amen.

Thanks

Keith

Noonday Devotion for Ladies

GOD HONORS WOMEN

Luke 13

10 Now He was teaching in one of the synagogues on the Sabbath.

11 And behold, there was a woman who had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bent over and could in no way raise herself up.

12 But when Jesus saw her, He called her to Him and said to her, “Woman, you are loosed from your infirmity.”

13 And He laid His hands on her, and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.

Now I feel very inadequate sharing here, as I cannot understand how women feel.

But Jesus does, indeed some of his most compassionate acts were directed at women, as in this example and also to the adulterous women.

Women in bible times were despised, but Jesus did not despise them, he honoured them and likewise should we. I know for myself that I am privileged to be married to the ultimate virtuous woman in Helen.. my beloved Wife.

One of His greatest sayings to women is here in the above verse ' woman thou are loosed'.

God cares so much for women, he seeks to liberate women in every area of their lives.

His call to them is still the same, whatever your issue or problem, God wants to liberate you, whether it is spiritual, physical or mental.

There are so many women, who are today bent double and they cant lift themselves up.. bent double through pain, through hurt, through anguish in their life, but Jesus says to you if you are bent double, that you are loosed from your infirmity.

She was under this infirmity for 18 years.. a very long time.. and no one could do anything about it. She had probably come into the Synagogue every week for all that time, but no healing had ever taken place.. until Jesus came. When Jesus comes on the scene in your life, He changes everything, you are made anew and you can stand straight.

Dear Lady, Jesus calls to you personally and says Woman you are loosed from your infirmity, especially if that is of sin. He gave his life to redeem you and to loose you from the power of sin and death and sickness.

The beauty of what Jesus does here should not be lost on us.. He wants to give you the oil of Joy for mourning and the spirit of praise for the spirit of heaviness.. amen

Let Jesus loose you dear lady

God bless you

Keith

Guest Devotion by Charles Orr

The WIFE'S Duty to Her Husband
Nowhere is wickedness more greatly revealed — than in a wicked woman — and nowhere is Christianity more beautifully exemplified — than in a pure, chaste woman. "A virtuous woman is a crown to her husband." (Proverbs 12:4) "Her price is far above rubies. The heart of her husband trusts in her. She will do him good and not evil. all the days of her life." (Proverbs 31:10-12) These words are beautiful and should encourage a wife to a life of faithfulness and devotion — that she may be a crown to her husband, and be valued far above rubies.
The wife who will honor and respect her husband, and seek to please him — will find a joy in her own heart. "Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her." (Proverbs 31:28)
Wives should love their husbands (Titus 2:4) and respect them: "Let the wife see that she respect her husband." (Ephesians 5:33) The wife is to respect her husband, as the Christian reverences God. To reverence God is to be submissive to Him, and to look upon Him as our Lord and protector, adviser, etc.; to fear and obey Him, yet be in perfect freedom. Such should be the attitude of the wife toward her husband.
"Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord." (Ephesians 5:22) Too few women comprehend the full meaning of this text. Just as the Christian consecrates, resigns, and submits himself to the care and control of God — so the wife is to submit herself to her husband. Just as the Christian leans in loving confidence upon God — so the wife should lean in loving confidence upon her husband; and the husband's conduct toward the wife should be such as would encourage her to trust and confide in him — as God's conduct toward us encourages us to trust and lean upon Him.
When the husband and wife are kind, loving, and gentle toward each other; when she in her weakness feels her dependence upon him, and lovingly, trustingly looks unto him as her defense; and he in his strength and delight folds her in his strong arms of protection with a feeling of responsibility to nourish and cherish her — then they can testify that they have a Heaven in their home.
Unless we have attained unto such a life — we have not attained to Bible Christianity, nor to domestic joy and happiness.

Guest Website

Here is a great website for you ladies

http://prov31.com/

Special Sermon

Focusing on Proverbs 31

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=5150512235
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 01 May 2013, 10:55 pm

Welcome to our latest Newsletter

Thank you for sharing with us, and for praying for us. We thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all your prayers.

Please take time to click on the featured links at the bottom of these prayer requests and also please pass on these requests to your prayer groups and friends.

Thank you

God bless you

Keith and Helen

Praise Points

Thank God that Su ( a young Lady) accepted Jesus as Saviour last Sunday.

Praise God that Helen and I celebrated six months of married life last Sunday.

Prayer Requests

Please pray for Helen, she needs much strength as she has 26 lessons at her school. Some of her students are very disruptive and need a firm hand. Please pray for patience.

The headmaster and Director of the school argue and fight.. the headmaster is in charge. Please pray that these arguments will stop as they are happening in front of the children.

Helen and I would love to have a little baby, people have prophesied over us that we will have one. Please pray that God would let this happen.

Please pray for our little church, we are still seeking co-workers. Please pray that God will reveal the people he wants in these roles.

Please pray that the church would grow in faith and maturity. Helen and I go to prayer at church on Tuesday morning at 6am at church, please pray for others to join us.

Please pray for the many young christian ladies at church, there is an in balance, as there are more women than men in the church. Please pray that more christian men, would be committed to Christ.

Please pray for Brothers Y, W and J, and that they would be fully committed to the Lord.

Please pray for my teaching. I have 5 youngsters on Friday evening , 6 teenagers on Saturday morning, two middle school students on Saturday afternoon and 6 youngsters on Tuesday afternoon. Please pray for these young lives. next term we will not have the teenagers and we will hopefully have 3 sessions for Primary school students. Please pray that this will happen.

Please pray for Ming our daughter, she has gone to stay in the school dormitory for this term. Please pray for protection for her. Please pray that She would come to trust Jesus completely. We need prayer for guidance re which university she should go to next year.. whether in China or abroad.

Please pray for our future, we would love to serve God full time or go to bible college.

Please pray for the leaders of Family Church.. Pastors Ji and Pung.

Please pray that our families would come to trust Jesus as Saviour.

Please pray for my church back in the UK.. Pastor Richard and his wife Esther. Pray for healing For Richard's back.

Please pray that God would provide all we need, he knows what we need before we ask. Please pray that God would provide.

Please pray that we would have opportunities to share the gospel. When we have lunch together.. an old man passes us.. His wife who has died, was a believer, we have shared the gospel with Him. Please pray for this dear soul.

Please pray that Both of us would grow in grace and in the knowledge of Christ.

Please pray for my writing ministry, we start sending out Noonday Devotion next week. This is shorter than Simply Scripture, please pray that God would bless this.

Thank you for praying for us

God bless you

Keith and Helen

Special Sermon

Please listen to this excellent sermon on Psalm 51

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=11506904

Guest Website
Please read this wonderful website
http://www.jaminjamaica.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 23 Apr 2013, 10:58 pm

Welcome to Simply Scripture

What a great joy it is to share with you again. We are in the Old Testament book of 2 Chronicles to study this king who started out bad but like the prodigal son.. came to a realisation of his sin and had a repentant heart.

Let us see what we can learn from him. So grab your bible and let's start.

Please click the links at the bottom of this e-mail and also share this study with all your friends and groups.. let's get the WORD OUT INTO THE WORLD

God Bless you
Keith

Reading 2 Chronicles Ch 33:1-20

BE CAREFUL IN ALL YOUR WAYS

We are going to share a few thoughts on Manasseh, one of the Kings of Judah. He has many things to teach us, and in this short chapter is a close-up of what not to do and how to put it right, God's way.

Upright upbringing
One of the first things to say is that he had a good upbringing, his father was a godly man, but this does not give him any righteousness. He had to make his own peace with God, not rely on his father's right standing before God .

Are you reliant on your parents faith for salvation?. You have to come to God yourself.. admit you are a sinner and cry out for forgiveness

Please look back to chapter 32:24-26, although Hezekiah was a good king, he made mistakes. I wonder if Manasseh saw this and thought, well if my father can do it, maybe I can, we all have to be careful because what we say and do can lead others into sin.

Undoing verses 3-9

Manasseh did several things that caused his undoing:

His view of what was wrong and evil was not God's view.

He looked around at what other nations were doing . So like you and me today. Do we look around and take notice of what the world does and go along with it?

He had no reverence or fear of God.

He had no respect for the house of God.

He had no respect for the spoken word of God.

He had no respect, even for his own family, they were just a tool for him to get his evil way.

He had no respect for the story of God's blessing throughout the ages, he thought that was something of no importance.

Note that Manasseh's personal sin, took the children of Israel far away from the God that they should be serving. What started out as one man's sin, now corrupted a whole nation.

Utterance verse 10

This is a key verse. How often throughout the Old Testament does God speak to His people. We in the church today like to say how alike we are to the children of Israel, that they are a picture of us. Well from what I read in the Old Testament they were a stiff necked, ungrateful and disobedient people who would not hearken unto the voice of God, that to me seems more like the modern church today.. unwilling and disobedient to God. Have you hearkened (heard by listening) unto the voice of God yet?

Usurped (to seize and hold) verse 11
To finally bring Manasseh and us to our senses, God has to do this, He has to take us away and literally place us in a bad situation to get OUR attention. Note that only after Manasseh had been placed in this situation did he cry out unto God.

Understanding verses 12-13

Please note what happened. Just like the prodigal son, he came to himself.. came to his senses

He looked at his situation, it says in his distres.

He looked to God- he sought the Favor of the Lord, His God.

He looked at himself- he was humbled by his situation, every ounce of pride came out as he realized that he stood before God and realized who God was.

Another thing to realize is that he forgot completely who he was, in God's sight, although he was born a king, he did not see himself as one, he truly humbled himself and so found favor.
Untie Him verse 13
The liberating power Of God, came upon Manasseh, he was blessed by God and was returned to his kingdom. This is the same with us, when we come to God in repentance. Fellowship with him is restored and all the wounds that we have are healed. When we come to the Lord, GOD it is like the father in the story of the prodigal son; making us kings and priests again and placing a royal robe around our shoulders.

You may say.. well, God will never have me back and even if He did.. then He wouldn't trust me again.. well I went as far away from the Lord as you can possibly go and yet God restored me and gave me back 7 times as much as I had before.. believe me.. when God forgives.. He forgets and the slate is wiped completely clean.. because of the shed blood of Jesus and true and honest repentance on our part.

Unto Him verses 14-20

Repentance to God brings forth fruit, now our lives are in the service of the King, and so we seek to:
To bring blessing in to the lives of others, to help them and protect the.

To get rid of all things that are not pleasing to the Lord, do we do this?

To turn people to worship God alone, to bring to God worthy worship.

To tell people of what had happened to Him, and how the God who had restored him, could restore them.
The compassion and Love of the Lord are what speaks to me in verse 13, it is truly a verse that shows the very heart of God towards us, if a parent would receive a prodigal like the father in Luke 15, how much more, will our heavenly father welcome us back when we come back to Him in repentance

Believer if you need to repent, then do it, because God will completely restore, if you are completely honest with yourself and HIM.
Amen
God bless you
Keith

Special Sermon
Be blessed

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=42212739250
Guest website

Please view this excellent website
http://www.victorious.org/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 20 Apr 2013, 10:33 pm

It is so wonderful to share with you once again. Please get yourself comfortable with a cup of tea/coffee and a cake and grab your Bible.

Please share this message with all your friends and click on the featured page links at the bottom of this mail.

Thanks

Keith

Dear Friends

The Lord has laid this message on my heart , and I felt a strong urge in my spirit, that I was to share this with you. The Lord obviously wants people to hear this and so I share this and ask for the Holy Spirit's anointing as it goes out. Amen!

The Lord has put four things on my heart to share with you, concerning the words ONE THING.

GOD'S DESIRE FOR US

Luke 18

22 And when Jesus heard it, He said to him, One thing you still lack. Sell everything that you have and[s]divide [the money] among the poor, and you will have [rich] treasure in heaven; and come back [and] follow Me [become My disciple, join My party, and accompany Me].

The conversation between Jesus and the rich young ruler meets it's climax here with these words as Jesus puts his finger on the root of the problem, which of course he always does.. amen.

The rich young ruler had everything, he did virtually everything right. Everything in his life was right.. or so he thought. But his priorities were completely wrong.

My friend, you may have everything in the world's terms.. you may have a wonderful job, car, marriage, home.. but you lack one thing and that is Jesus.

Jesus is worth more than every single earthly possession.. it is like the man who finds the pearl of great price, and when that man finds it, he will sell everything to buy it.

Coming to Christ is giving up all the rights to your life, it is getting off the throne of your life and giving that throne back to it's rightful owner.. God.

Before anything you have to come to Jesus. Now Jesus spoke to this man saying to give up all his riches. To us he says that we have to get rid of anything that hinders our relationship with Him.

What is hindering you either coming to Him for the first time or redicating your life to Him?

Philippians 3

13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead

Paul's greatest desire was to know Christ and Him Crucified and to also know the power of the resurrection of Jesus. In his great testimony in this chapter, Paul pours out his heart, about knowing Christ in a way that is so deep and powerful.

To achieve this goal, he has to do one thing and that is to forget all that has gone before, all the past failures, everything that had happened in the past had to go.

We also need to have the mindset of letting all our past go, because only then can we go forward.

The Lord says to His church, how can you walk forward in victory, when you are looking back, have you ever tried to walk forward whilst looking behind you?

Remember the words of Jesus.. no man who has put his hand to the plough and then looks back is worthy of the kingdom of God. Luke 9:57-62

The Lord says we have too many pillars of salt in the church, people who are like Lot's wife, those who have trusted Christ and then looked back. The urge from Lot's wife to look back was because of a deep longing and yearning. Are you looking back over your shoulder yearning for your past life?

Psalm 27

4 One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple.

David was the greatest king of Israel, he was the man who had a true heart and he had riches, glory and honour. But his one and only desire, was to be in the presence of God. God truly desires a people, who will seek him, and rest in His presence. Jeremiah 33:1-3 & Psalm 91:1-2

Like David we are to seek God. Paul was talking about what to do with your past. David says that in our present situation, we are to seek God.

This is the greatest need of the Christian today, he/she needs to spend more time in the Father's presence. People ask, how do you become like Jesus?. Well you earnestly seek Him.

To seek in this verse means to search, it means to run after to desire. Is it our only desire to seek after God? It was David's and it must be ours too. I challenge you to seek God.. not just to just read a devotional for five minutes each morning.. but to spend time waiting on Him.. to talk to Him as your best friend.

Another challenge is to cut down on your TV.. for all those who watch soaps/sports etc.. and then worry why their Christian lives have no power. It's time to seek the Lord, church!

2 Peter 3

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Paul has talked about the past. David has talked about the present. Now Peter is looking forward to the glorious day when Jesus comes again.

In this chapter, he says that mockers and scoffers will come saying that Jesus won't come, but we can be sure of this one thing, because God is a promise keeping God.

You know we need to be constantly scanning the skies with the greatest anticipation in the world, every day is one day closer to the coming of our Lord. I think the coming of Jesus is something to get excited about.. Amen

It is nearly time to go home my friends.. time to look into our Saviour's face. Let's get excited about something that is truly worth shouting about.

Are you looking forward to that day, when the clouds will open and all mankind will see Jesus? It's coming.. we will go to meet our Saviour in the air and be with HIM forever and forever. I know that I long for that day.

This is what the Lord wants his Church to focus on:-

Forget the past
Seek the Lord
Look for His coming.
Don't look back, look to Jesus and look up.

Yours in His service

Keith

For further Study

Philippians 3:7-16
Psalm 27
Jeremiah chapter 33
James 4:7-9
2 Chronicles 7:14-16
1 Thess 4:16-18
Matthew 6:33
Hosea 10:12
Amos 5:4-14
1 Chronicles 16:11
Psalm 91
Luke 10:38-42

Special Sermon

Be blessed

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=111121157402

Guest website

Whatever your political views are, you still need to pray for those in power

http://www.presidentialprayerteam.com/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 19 Apr 2013, 8:10 pm

Welcome to a very special Simply Scripture

This was the first thing, that God ever gave me to write. In 2003, God called me to a writing ministry and it was after a house group bible study on this passage of Scripture.

I do hope you will find this a blessing and please share it, with all your friends and contacts.

Please click on the featured page links at the bottom of this message

Thanks

God bless you

Keith

A HEART FOR THE LOST

Esther Chapters 8 and 9

This historical book situated in the midst of the Old Testament, has much to teach us, it shows the rescue of the Israelites from their demise at the hands of a dangerous foe, and we can see the parallel as Jesus rescued us from the clutches of the devil and the power of sin and death.

It is the only book of the Bible, that doesn't mention God, but if you read the story.. you will see God all over it.. amen. Surely just because we can't see Him working on our behalf.. doesn't mean He isn't. In fact, when God is quiet, usually means He is working on our behalf, in ways we cannot see, but will be revealed when He sees fit.. amen.

The story of the rescue comes to a marvellous conclusion in Chapters 8-9 the King and Esther now have the job of repealing the decree of death that has gone out,another parallel to the ministry of Jesus, He blots out the death sentence given to all of us, rightfully by God, as a result of our sin.

In these last days, we are to take the gospel with ever more urgency to the world, lets learn a few lessons from chapters 8-9, and see what we need to have, to witness powerfully in today's world.

Chap 8:3-6 Passion For the Lost

3And Esther spoke yet again to the king and fell down at his feet and besought him with tears to avert the evil plot of Haman the Agagite and his scheme that he had devised against the Jews.
4Then the king held out to Esther the golden scepter. So Esther arose and stood before the king.

5And she said, If it pleases the king and if I have found favor in his sight and the thing seems right before the king and I am pleasing in his eyes, let it be written to reverse the letters devised by Haman son of Hammedatha, the Agagite, which he wrote to destroy the Jews who are in all the king's provinces.

6For how can I endure to see the evil that shall come upon my people? Or how can I endure to see the destruction of my kindred?

The shortest verse in the bible is "Jesus wept", look at verse 6 Esther had the same heart as Jesus, like him, she couldn't bear the thought of one person being lost. Can you?

CT Studd, the great missionary to China said 'some want to sit in sight of church or chapel bell, I want to have a rescue mission, within a yard of hell'. Do I/you, have a passion for the lost?

I know that this is the one area of my life, that is lacking. I need to cry out to God, for my family, my friends and people I meet every day, but more than that I need to be so moved with compassion, that I speak to them about my Saviour.

We need to look through the eyes of Jesus and see people as Jesus saw them.When we look at the crowds as sheep without a shepherd, then and only then, will we be looking at people as Jesus did.

Please look at verse 3, Esther besought the King with tears. How many times, have you besought the Father in prayer with tears for your family or friends?

Look at verse 6, total heart pain for her people. We need to feel like Esther did.. amen.

Chap 8:8 New orders

8Write also concerning the Jews as it pleases you in the king's name, and seal it with the king's [signet] ring--for writing which is in the king's name and sealed with the king's ring no man can reverse.

In Persian Law, the only way a decree could be invalidated was by the issue of a new one, and this has been done by God through Jesus, Jesus has fulfilled all the Law and has blotted out the handwriting of legal ordinances against us Colossians 2:11-15.

Now we can now go out into the world, able to tell people that through Jesus, their sins can be forgiven and their lives transformed. We are carrying out the orders of the King of Kings.

The seal of the king, was placed on the order given, likewise with us, the orders given to us, have been sealed. Jesus said that all authority, was given to Him Matthew 28:18. That means, we speak with authority.. amen

Another aspect here is that we are given power through the Holy Spirit, unless we work with the anointing of the Precious Holy Spirit, all we do is totally wasted and useless. The orders, we are given are sealed with the power of the Holy Spirit.

Chap 8:9-14 Access all areas

9Then the king's scribes were called, in the third month, the month of Sivan, on the twenty-third day, and it was written according to all that Mordecai commanded to the Jews, to the chief rulers, and the governors and princes of the provinces from India to Ethiopia, 127 provinces, to every province in its own script and to every people in their own language and to the Jews according to their writing and according to their language.
10He wrote in the name of King Ahasuerus and sealed it with the king's ring and sent letters by messengers on horseback, riding on swift steeds, mules, and young dromedaries used in the king's service, bred from the [royal] stud.

11In it the king granted the Jews who were in every city to gather and defend their lives; to destroy, to slay, and to wipe out any armed force that might attack them, their little ones, and women; and to take the enemies' goods for spoil.

12On one day in all the provinces of King Ahasuerus, the thirteenth day of the twelfth month, the month of Adar,

13A copy of the writing was to be issued as a decree in every province and as a proclamation to all peoples, and the Jews should be ready on that day to avenge themselves upon their enemies.

14So the couriers, who were mounted on swift beasts that were used in the king's service, went out, being hurried and urged on by the king's command; and the decree was released in Shushan, the capital.

The decree went to all the provinces, just like the gospel must, Jesus said go into ALLthe world, not just to the nations, people's and groups that are receptive. Church, how often do we go for the comfortable middle class people? We ought to take the gospel to everyone, this gospel is an inclusive gospel.

When you take the gospel out into the world, you go in the authority that God has given you, this verse is so amazing, the decree was signed in the Kings name, sealed with his seal and the riders were sent on horseback, meaning that this was a job of haste, as is the preaching of the gospel as Jesus is coming back soon.

Chap 8:15-17 Joy Unconfined

15And Mordecai went forth from the presence of the king in royal apparel of blue and white, with a great crown of gold and with a robe of fine linen and purple; and the city of Shushan shouted and rejoiced.
16The Jews had light [a dawn of new hope] and gladness and joy and honor.

17And in every province and in every city, wherever the king's command and his decree came, the Jews had gladness and joy, a feast and a holiday. And many from among the peoples of the land [submitted themselves to Jewish rite and] became Jews, for the fear of the Jews had fallen upon them.

Look at the result the decree had gladness and joy erupted, the people, who had been under the death sentence, had been saved. Whenever and where ever the gospel is proclaimed, joy and gladness break out, so go on, make your street happy today.

Notice that many non-Jews became Jews on that day, the effects of your witness, the power of your witness will bring about results you can not begin to imagine.

Don't you just love verse 15. Mordecai went out dressed in royal apparel. Like him, we are dressed in the royal apparel of the King Of Kings. Believer, never forget that you are a royal child, one who is dressed in the royal apparel of the One and Only King of Kings.. you are dressed in the righteousness of Jesus.. amen

Chap 9:1 Unable to stand

1NOW IN the twelfth month, the month of Adar, on the thirteenth day of Adar when the king's command and his edict were about to be executed, on the [very] day that the enemies of the Jews had planned for a massacre of them, it was TURNED to the contrary and the Jews had rule over those who hated them.
2The Jews gathered together in their cities throughout all the provinces of King Ahasuerus to lay hands on such as sought their hurt; and no man could withstand them, for the fear of them had fallen upon all the peoples.

The decree when it is told and shown to the people, makes the enemies of God crumble, nothing can stand against the power of the gospel, it scares the devil and the church moves forward with rejoicing, as it fulfills the commission, Jesus gave us to do.

Church, one thing matters in these final days, the decree ( Gospel ) of the Lord has to be preached, the decree that says

"There is no other name under heaven, whereby men must be saved"- JESUS. Acts 4:12

We are under instruction from the King of Kings..our orders are given directly to us, they are given so that men and women, can come to salvation through the shed blood of Jesus Matthew 28:19-20

Romans 10 says these words:

14 But how are people to call upon Him Whom they have not believed [in Whom they have no faith, on Whom they have no reliance]? And how are they to believe in Him [adhere to, trust in, and rely upon Him] of Whom they have never heard? And how are they to hear without a preacher?

15And how can men [be expected to] preach unless they are sent? As it is written, How beautiful are the feet of those who bring glad tidings! [How welcome is the coming of those who preach the good news of His good things!]

What are we waiting for, haven't we been given our instructions ?. So let's get going.. amen

I hope this study blesses you

God bless you

Keith

Special Sermon

Be blessed

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=12121215151

Guest Website

Please view this wonderful website

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/cynon1/srm/index.html
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 17 Apr 2013, 10:59 pm

Welcome once again to our Newsletter

In these next two editions, I want to introduce you to the two people I share my life with. One is my beautiful wife Helen and the other is our lovely daughter Ming

I hope you enjoy reading all about them

God bless you

MY SWEETHEART

It is one of my greatest joys and privileges to be the husband of Helen (Guo Heng).

Helen is such a joy to me, she brings such joy into my life. I never thought that human love like hers existed, but it does.

When I first met Helen online in 2011, there was something different about her right from the start, you sometimes feel that when you meet someone, you cannot put your finger on it, but there is something very special about them and that is the case with Helen.

I know that finding her is a miracle, a miracle of God's making, it certainly wasn't just luck that we met, someone had planned it, down to the finest detail.

Helen is above rubies, she is the best human gift I have. Her wisdom, care and encouragement lift me up and take me higher as a man and as a christian believer.

Let me give you one example, when we meet at our engage place, she comes running towards me, with her arms outstretched, so beautiful and so loving. The very special times we spend on Monday and Wednesday lunchtimes, when Helen cycles back from school to eat lunch with me.

I am forever grateful to this amazing lady, to have her as my wife is so wonderful, to be loved and to be able to be loved by her is so wonderful. To walk alongside her along life's road and for her to be my helper is so wonderful.

I trust Helen completely and totally, every small thing.. every big thing.. I trust Helen with the deepest secrets of my heart.. things I would not allow anyone else to hear.

Why is she like this, well the short answer is that she loves God and that His love flows out not just to me but to all who meet her. Her beauty is not just on the outside and boy is she beautiful, but her inner beauty is so amazing

She is indeed a virtuous woman.. one that is above rubies. What you see on the outside is a reflection of the inside, her heart is pure and full of love.

Truly I am so happy to be her husband. Helen is my best friend, co-worker, helper, companion, love, sweetheart, honey and angel.

Sweetheart, I love you with my whole heart. Thank you for making me the happiest man in the whole world.

God bless you

Keith

Special Verses

These verses describe my beautiful wife

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=2210123535

Guest website

A wonderful website

http://avirtuouswoman.org/

Special Sermon

Be blessed as you listen

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=51504102919
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 14 Apr 2013, 8:55 pm

It is with great joy that I greet you from Nanjing in China

What a joy it is, to share with you again, and to give you, what the Lord, has shared with me through His Holy Spirit, as He has opened up the word of God (His Word) to me. I would encourage you to read and study the word of God, it is your own personal gold mine.

Please share these messages with all your friends and contacts and also click on the featured page links at the bottom of this message .

Thanks
God bless you
Keith

DO NOT REPAY EVIL WITH EVIL

These thoughts the Lord has laid on my heart and I sincerely hope that they encourage you to grow in your walk of faith with the Father.

The Lord wants us to look at some verses regarding how we react to the evil in the world and the evil that is sometimes done to us. How do we react to it?

There are three key verses in Chapter 12 of Romans that we are going to use as our texts.

The First one is :

9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

The Love talked about here is the agape Love of the Father. This should characterise the Christian. This means that we will love without hypocrisy and not from behind a mask. A great verse about this is 1 Timothy 1:5.

5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned.

Because we are walking in that agape Love, we run away from evil. To abhor something means to treat it with disgust. Let me ask you a question? Do you think gossip or backbiting is evil?. When this happens in your church, do you run towards it and join in.. or do you seek to get as far away as you can from it? Do you abhor sin in all it's forms. True and pure agape Love does. C/f Ephesians 5:12.

Agape Love cleaves to things that are pure and good. In Philippians 4, Paul gives us a list of all those things we must cling to, we must hold onto these things with all our might.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Let us not just hate the evil in the world, there is much of that, but let us draw near unto our Father. Let us concentrate on the good things of God, let us draw near to Him and worship Him.

The second Verse in Romans 12, is verse 17:

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

These last 5 verses of this chapter are truly awesome. Paul here is saying to the believer in verse 17. Do not give back to the person who is doing you wrong, what he/she has given to you. We wear our "What would Jesus do" badges, well here is what Jesus would do.

He showed that true Agape love to people on the cross. The greatest example of Agape Love ever .

If we render evil for evil, we are playing the Devil's game and using the world's method of revenge and not trusting our heavenly Father to deal with the situation.

Do we really think our All- seeing Father misses anything?. Do we doubt His power to deal with any situation? If we deal with a situation by ourselves, we are saying that God is not big enough or doesn't care enough for us, that is disobedience brethren and outright rebellion.

The last verse in this Chapter is:

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

How many times has a really bad situation been transformed by the calm spirit filled agape love reaction of a believer? As the believer acts in love, evil can be overcome and love and peace can and will prevail.

We sometimes underestimate the power of true agape love in a situation.

On numerous testimonies you hear this, ' I really hurt this believer and pushed him/her to his limits, I was really awful to him/her.. but they just loved me'. I wonder if this has been your experience, I know it was mine and brought me to faith in Christ.

Let me share my testimony.

At age 15 and completely out of control, I was put in a new class at school.. in the class was a Christian who showed me Jesus, by his daily life.. not reacting, when I was horrible to him.. and Boy was I horrible ( the person.. who is still a dear friend, and is reading this right now and mate, I just wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart).

He didn't just tell me about Jesus through words, he showed me Jesus by his daily walk. People are watching you all the time, how you react, what you say and especially how you say things.

You see true agape love breaks down the greatest barriers, because people have no answer to it.. it is supernatural.. it comes direct from the Father. The world cannot handle it, because it is the opposite of everything the world represents.

Think of Paul.. he was battle hardened to the things of the Lord, but Stephen's testimony, touched Paul. We need to realise that every little act of love has an effect on people, however far away they seem from God. The Holy Spirit.. will use your agape acts of Love.. so be not weary in well doing.. and leave the rest up to God.

Paul is really saying here, 'Turn every bad situation into your advantage and the dynamic tool we use is the pure agape love of the Father. It is shed abroad in our hearts. It is up to us to develop that Love by spending lots of time in His presence.

We talk of some people being 'love gods', but we know the 'God Of Love!. Let us pour the agape love of God into every situation.

Please read

Ephesians 4:29-32
Matthew 5 :39-48
Acts 7:54-60
Romans Chapter 12
2 Cor 13:7
1 Peter3:9
Revelation 2:2

Amen

God Bless you
Keith

Special Sermon

Be blessed

http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp?SID=5073

Guest website

http://www.gfa.org/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next