World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 31 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 30 Guests :: 1 Bot

Admin

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyToday at 4:35 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyToday at 3:11 pm by Admin

» NO MORE SEA
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:33 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 6:13 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 5:09 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 5:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 4:52 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 4:42 pm by Admin

» Minister Smotrich-PM Netanyahu Show your strength
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 4:29 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 4:27 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 4:20 pm by Admin

» Biden Bless/Abortions with cross sign
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 2:02 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 2:01 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Haggadah Passover
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 10:45 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 9:12 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 8:27 pm by Admin

» BooK of Revelation Various
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptySat 27 Apr 2024, 5:00 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:46 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 EmptyFri 26 Apr 2024, 11:43 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 7 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Thu 16 Aug 2018, 10:26 am

Date: August 16, 2018 at 1:22 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Daddy
Daddy

“…,When you pray, say: Father,"  Luke 11:2

Scripture Focus: Luke 11

For many in life, seeing God as a loving Daddy is a real stretch. Deep wounds left by earthly fathers make it a distant reality to view God as caring. No matter what station in life, many of us know what it is like to be deeply hurt by a dad. With walls surrounding our hearts, we just can't bring ourselves to address God as "Daddy." Yet when Jesus started one of His most desperate prayers, He said, "Abba, Father" (Mark 14:36). If others had listened in on that prayer, they would have found that word shocking in its familiarity and apparent lack of reverence. Jesus broke with tradition, however, and showed us in His moment of anxiety that God is indeed a loving Father. He knew that offering our prayers to God as our Abba would awaken in us a childlike trust. Jesus said that if our earthly fathers, though sinful, give us good gifts, how much more will our Heavenly Father give us what we ask for in faith (Luke 11:13)? Your loving Daddy is waiting for you to come and know His heart of love.

Insight: "You're a good, good Father,/ It's who you are / and I'm loved by you/ it's who I am" (Pat Barrett, Anthony Brown, 2014).

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 15 Aug 2018, 10:06 am

In the Power of the Spirit

"Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside."  Luke 4:14

Scripture Focus: Luke 4

Once the testing and trials in the wilderness were behind Him, Jesus began His public ministry, fueled by the Father's love and the Spirit's guidance. As you read on in this passage, you see that the Spirit's power filled Jesus to preach the gospel to the poor, proclaim freedom for the prisoners, bring sight to the blind, and announce that the Kingdom of God had broken into the earth. The same Spirit from the Father that led and filled Jesus is alive and well today in His children. In 1980, I met a minister-in training at a church in Arizona. His passion for Christ was contagious. In every place he has visited, the Lord uses him to share His message of amazing grace. Thousands have come to know and follow Jesus. Be encouraged; that same Spirit is available to you and to me!

Insight: We serve our king "'not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit,' says the Lord Almighty" (Zechariah 4:6).

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 14 Aug 2018, 7:03 pm

Date: August 13, 2018 at 11:48 PM

Topic: +DEV+  The Sword of the Spirit

The Sword of the Spirit

"Jesus answered, It is written: Man does not live on bread alone."  Luke 4:4

Luke 4

Satan tried to play on Jesus' weakness from His 40-day fast. "If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread," Satan taunted. Jesus fought back, attesting to His identity in God's promise: "Man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of the LORD" (Deuteronomy 8:3). The enemy flung more temptations, but Jesus countered each with the Word of God. Scripture is powerful and freeing. I found this to be true while my friend Magumba Carlos was in poverty-stricken and HIV-ravaged Uganda, Africa, where he ministered in villages. Yet hope was renewed when he presented a copy of God's Word to several of the people. Bibles are a rare commodity there, so when each person received their own, an explosion of praise to God rang out! If you desire a life filled with faith, hope, and the assurance that your identity is linked to the love of God the Father, take time to read the Father's love letter to you, the Bible. Through it - the sword of the Spirit - you will be able to take your stand against the devil's attacks.

Insight: "A Christian has no right being in a fight unless it's a spiritual fight" (Charles Stanley).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 13 Aug 2018, 11:34 am

Date: August 13, 2018 at 1:06 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Dependence

Dependence

",where for forty days he was tempted by devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry."  Luke 4:2

The Holy Spirit led Jesus into the desert, away from the crowds and comforts of the world. This was a strategic move by the Father as the desert would be a place where the Son would see firsthand what it is to depend solely on His Abba's love. During those 40 days Jesus quieted His soul, prayed, fasted, and grew in intimacy with His Father. Jesus demonstrated total dependence on Him by saying "no" to His fleshly need of food. This radical dependence was preparation for His upcoming ministry and the onslaught of Satan's attacks on His identity. Right now you may find yourself in a harsh desert place. Perhaps you have been denied promotion again, you've lost a loved one or hit a financial crisis. Maybe you suffer from a chronic illness, feel abandoned, or face spiritual warfare. Let this season of testing drive you to prayer and perhaps fasting. When you quiet your soul, you become like a dependent child leaning on the Father's everlasting arms of love. From your desert place will spring up life that is rich because of Jesus.

Insight: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." (Matthew 18:3)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 09 Aug 2018, 10:12 am

Date: August 7, 2018 at 1:05 AM
Topic: +DEV+ Accepting the Great Commission

Accepting the Great Commission

"Therefore go," Matthew 28:19
Scripture Focus: Matthew 28

Christian scholar David Garrison is an expert on the growth of Christianity among former Muslims. He is also a man with clear insight into the way in which the church in the West is responding to the opportunities before it. "I think there are a lot of Christians who, rather than go and fulfill the Great Commission, say, I think i'll stay home and pray for the Great Commission." David is clear what he thinks God's response is: "God says, I want you to be a part of it, so I'm going to bring the Great Commission to you." Our backgrounds, our skills, and our opportunities are all different, and the way the Great Commission comes to each of us will also be unique. Of course, we should continue to pray for the work of the church, but let's not close our ears and eyes to the unique invitation that comes from God Himself. Let's not pass over the chance to say "yes" to God, to play our part in making disciples of all nations, and to see His name glorified. Whether far from our homes or not, we do not go alone; He is with us, even to the very end of the age.

Insight: Pray for the opportunities to say "Yes" when you hear God saying, "Go!"

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 08 Aug 2018, 12:30 pm

Date: August 8, 2018 at 1:02 AM

Topic: +DEV+ From the River to the Desert
From the River to the Desert

"Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert." Luke 4:1

Ponder this amazing Bible verse. Jesus had just been showered with the anointing love and affirmation of His Father at His baptism in the refreshing waters of the Jordan River. God was preparing Him for what was ahead. Now Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit and was pointed straight to the hot, rugged wilderness. I recall a time in my life when I experienced God's fatherly love in a profound way so that I was prepared for His purposes which one day would include prison ministry. Notice in today's verse that the Spirit led Jesus from the river to the desert; this was part of the Father's purpose for the Son. Desert times are his leading, too. The years of self-imprisonment, addiction, struggle, sorrow, loneliness, and regret are somehow all in God's ordained plan for you. Does it feel like God is leading you the wrong way? Does your life feel like a wasteland? Take heart and know that your Savior went through the desert for you and promises you a fully redeemed life with Him one day back at a river, this one, the River of Life!
Insight: "For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord." (Isaiah 55:8)

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site: http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 03 Aug 2018, 9:47 am

Date: August 3, 2018 at 12:50 AM

Topic: +DEV+ Don't Take Care, Take Risks

Don't Take Care, Take Risks

"What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31

Scripture Focus: Romans 8

For Canon Andrew White, taking risks and facing danger is a way of life. Known by many as the Vicar of Baghdad, he has devoted himself to serving the people of the Iraqi capital. Even when ISIS threatened to overtake the city and Andrew was forced to leave, he only went as far as Jordan in order to continue serving those Iraqis living as refugees. A medic by training, Andrew's initial career plans did not involve bullet-proof vests and security details. But once God got hold of his heart, everything about his attitude to faith and risk changed. "I tell people not to take care but to take risks," he says. "That has to be an ongoing process." For all of us, that process requires daily surrender to the will of God, no matter how serious or how insignificant our difficulties may be. We can take risks in this life for the cause of Christ because He took the greatest risk for us, all the way to the cross. He took our punishment so He could take care of our debt. Because of that, who else could we possibly want on our side?

Insight: Pray for the opportunities to take a few more risks for God today, that your eyes would be open and your heart ready to try.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 01 Aug 2018, 1:57 pm

Date: August 1, 2018 at 1:27 AM

Topic: +DEV+ He Binds Them Together

He Binds Them Together
"But as for me, I will always have hope; I will praise you more and more." Psalm 71:14
Scripture Focus: Psalm 71

For Sarah who is a trauma counselor working in Iraq alongside women and girls rescued from ISIS, the challenges are great. Rape has left so many women feeling unclean, worthless, and degraded. In a culture where chastity is highly valued, there is an added wound: shame. Fearful of a lifetime of rejection ahead of them, some see suicide as the only option. Sarah faces all this and more every day that she travels to the refugee camps to work. Against so much pain and fear, Sarah must draw on all her training and experience working among other victims of genocide. But she needs something deeper, too, and it can only come from one source. "Jesus is my life," she says. "He never ceases to amaze me with His capacity to meet the needs of these people. He'll go to any extreme to show how much He cares. He's my life, and I don't see any existence without Him." Whatever our background, whatever our past, we have known a variety of hardships that have left different wounds. But every one of us is loved by the same mighty God.

Insight: Pray for someone you know whose wounds are deep, that God might use you to show his love.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 31 Jul 2018, 10:53 pm

Date: July 24, 2018 at 1:06 AM

Topic: +DEV+ The Finish Line

The Finish Line

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace." Acts 20:24

Scripture Focus: Acts 20
There are some who might think twice about smuggling a carton full of Bibles past a military checkpoint in an Islamic country. Many might leave town if they received a death threat warning them to stop evangelizing in refugee camps. How many of them would really choose to carry on the ministry if the only way they could keep their spouse and children safe was by moving every month? Yet to all this, a man known as “the Pastor” has said, "Yes." Born a Yazidi, he gave his life to Jesus following a series of dreams and visions he had when he was a young man. Since then he has been disowned by his family, beaten by his friends, and shot at by strangers. Still he refuses to stop believing in Jesus Christ. Nothing short of death will prevent him from sharing the love of Jesus among Muslim and Yazidi neighbors. To the Pastor, it's all a matter of where you draw the finish line. To him, this race takes us to the moment we breathe our last and stand face-to-face with God. When we see life that way, fear loses some of its power.
Insight: Pray for the pastor, his family, and those he works among.

Michael D. Inman

Date: July 25, 2018 at 3:26 AM

Topic: +DEV+ A Golden Age
A Golden Age

"Then the word of the LORD came to Jonah a second time: Go to the great city of Nineveh and proclaim to it the message I give you." Jonah 3:1-2

Jonah 3

More Muslims have become Christians in the last 40 years than in the 14 centuries that preceded them. In 2017 we are living in "The Golden Age" of Muslims coming to Christ. Why? According to Middle East-born evangelist Naser Hani, there are three possible reasons. First, more people have been praying for the Muslim world than ever before. Second, in this age of terror and violence, Islam is no longer making sense to many of the people who have been brought up to follow it. They pray five times a day for years on end, yet Allah remains silent. But the third and main reason is this: God is calling Muslims back to Him. We see it throughout the Bible, especially in the story of Jonah. In spite of Jonah's lack of enthusiasm for the task and the Assyrian's wrongdoing, God called an entire group of unbelievers to Him. That same power and grace is in evidence today. It is a "Golden Age," and the Lord invites each of us to play a part in it. Pray for the church worldwide; seek to make it known in your own family and neighborhood.

Insight: Pray for the courage and the opportunity to play your part in this golden age of the Gospel taking root around the world.

Michael D. Inman

Poor but Rich
"What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar? To whom will you run for help? Where will you leave your riches?" Isaiah 10:3

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 10

Wisam's ID card says Christian, though until recently that word described his family history more than his personal faith. Born again or not, having "Christian" stamped on an ID can get you killed in Iraq. As ISIS moved on Mosul in 2014 (the city once known by the biblical name Nineveh), Wisam heard that they planned to impose an ancient Muslim tax upon Christians. He was rich and guessed that he'd be able to continue trading in gold, but after hearing more about ISIS, he chose to escape. He gathered all the gold he could find and headed out of the city. An ISIS squad stopped him, took his gold and his car, threw his shoes into the desert night, and left him to trudge 25 miles to the Kurdish militia. There, he was rescued by Christians whose faith went deeper than their ID card. They were lovers of Jesus. They gave him a Bible and introduced him to the Jesus he'd never known before. Today, Wisam will tell you that though he is poor, he has riches beyond compare. As is often the case, it took losing it all to understand that.

Insight: Pray for all who now having nothing, that they may find their all in Jesus.

Michael D. Inman

Date: July 26, 2018 at 11:56 PM

Topic: +DEV+ The Sin That Set Him Free

The Sin That Set Him Free

"Finally , brothers, pray for us that the message of the Lord may spread rapidly and be honored, just as it was with you." 2 Thessalonians 3:1

Scripture Focus: 2 Thessalonians 3

Sadar was born a Muslim in a country where it is illegal for a Muslim individual to own or read a Bible. But one day curiosity won him over. After becoming friends with a minority Christian in his city, Sardar noticed in his friend's house a Bible that no one seemed to use. Alone one day, he dared look and do the unthinkable. He opened the book, ripped out a few pages, and hid them under his taqiyah. At night, after his family had retired, he took them out and read carefully. The words spoke to his heart, so he went back to the Bible for more. Every few days, as long as no one was looking, Sadar ripped out more pages. Months later, he finally realized that Jesus was more than his new friend; He had become his Savior. He felt badly about damaging the Bible, so he confessed the deed to his Christian friend, only to learn that the whole family had known about his activities and had prayed he would keep reading, no matter how many ripped pages it would take! Together they rejoiced over a lost sheep now found. God's Word - even torn out in pieces - did not return void!

Insight: Pray for Sdar today, and for the millions of other secret believers whom we will meet in heaven one day.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 Jul 2018, 10:26 am

Date: July 23, 2018 at 2:25 AM

Topic: +DEV+ The Long Haul

The Long Haul

"Therefore I endure everything for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory." 2 Timothy 2:10

Scripture Focus: 2 Timothy 2

There can be no doubt that God is on the move among Muslims. He is calling them to Him, often doing so through dreams and visions, changing hearts and transforming lives in the process. Every year that goes by, we hear of more and more conversions. It is good to remember that God is not in the business of making short-term converts, but growing lifelong disciples. One example is Gulshan Esther. You may have read her story her in her book, The Torn Veil. It tells of how she, as a child in the 1960s, was miraculously drawn to Jesus Christ. It explains the impact of her visions of Jesus and how she took the courageous decision to reject her Islamic faith, despite pressure from her family. Though young and vulnerable, she had no choice but to leave her home in Pakistan and make a new life for herself in the West. Today her health is failing and old age is setting in, but hundreds of thousands of people have been inspired by her story. Gulshan Esther still follows Christ just as passionately today as she did when she first met Him.

Insight: Pray for Gulshan Esther's health, her ministry, and that God's work would continue to the farthest reaches of the world.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 18 Jul 2018, 9:40 pm

Date: July 18, 2018 at 2:11 AM

Topic: +DEV+ The Point of Being Powerless

The Point of Being Powerless

"The commander of the LORD'S army replied, Take off your sandals, for the place where you are standing is holy." Joshua 5:15

Scripture Focus: Joshua 5
While sitting in an Istanbul airport, watching as the departures screen turned line by line from green to red, My friend felt a growing sense of familiarity. Travel delays are unavoidable, and it seems the only way to handle the problems is to try to switch off and let go. Yet, as he counted down the 16 hours that needed to pass before he could board his flight into Iraq, He had a feeling that God wanted him to be alert. Jesus wanted to draw my friend’s attention to a simple lesson, something that he need to be reminded of frequently: “We am not in charge. None of this is about us. The battle is not mine; it is the Lord’s”. Sometimes it's our travel plans that are ruined. Sometimes our financial goals or our blueprints for how our work should develop are tossed overboard. But with each obstacle, God would have us pause. He calls us to still our hearts, calm our hands and anxious eyes, and look to Him. This is His battle we're fighting, not our own. Wherever we are, whatever we're doing, we can surrender all we have in the presence of our holy God.

Insight: Pray for more moments when God steps in to grab your attention, that you may learn his lessons well.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 17 Jul 2018, 10:50 am

Date: July 17, 2018 at 12:55 AM

Topic: +DEV+  God Loves Compassion

God Loves Compassion

"When he had gone indoors, the blind men came to him, and he asked them, Do you believe that I am able to do this?" Matthew 9:28  

Scripture Focus: Matthew 9

Owen was a British freelance journalist based in Iraq. He's a philosophy major with a whip-smart mind and sharp insight into the complexities of the region. He has a keen eye for a story, a beautiful heart for the people struggling to defend themselves against terror, and-by his own admission-absolutely no clue of whether God even exists. Fidgeting with nicotine-stained fingertips, Owen realizes he is alone. Thousands of miles from home, his career dependent on his ability to be the first journalist into the most dangerous locations, he carries so much on his shoulders. If ever there was a young man who needs to let go of the burden of living for himself and learn to lean on God, it is Owen. To him, the idea of embracing faith in Christ seems like an insurmountable hurdle. But he's not as far away as he thinks; his voice cracks when he describes the horrors that ISIS have handed out to Yazidi women and girls. God is already breaking Owen's heart. The next step is for him to trust God to put it back together.

Insight: As you beg the Lord in your prayers for wisdom, pray also for Owen, that he might look to God for answers.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 16 Jul 2018, 11:06 pm

Date: July 12, 2018 at 6:35 PM
Topic: +DEV+  A Faith Worth Dying For

A Faith Worth Dying For

"He brought them out of darkness and the deepest gloom and broke away their chains."   Psalm 107:14

Psalm 107

With his broken nose and missing teeth, Sherzad is as rugged as the land he's from. Like so many Kurds from the rocky north of Iraq, he was taught from an early age how to defend himself. Tears were for the weak. By the time he was an adult, Sherzad didn't just tolerate violence; he embraced it! It was as much a part of his life as eating and sleeping. Pain was just the price of doing business. Perhaps that is why he was not surprised when he was kidnapped by Islamic terrorists, ransomed, and beaten. He resigned himself to death, having known all along that his life would likely end because of a bullet or a blade. But when he was minutes away from being executed, the room filled with light. Jesus appeared. He called Sherzad to follow Him. That is precisely what he did, and he has been following the Lord ever since. He reminds me a bit of the Apostle Paul. "I love Jesus," Sherzad says. "I want everyone to believe in Him. He's the hope for everyone. If He can rescue and forgive, love and reach me, if He can reach through that rock and help me, then He can do it for anyone."

Insight: Pray for Sherzad's protection and that his love of Jesus would continue to inspire others.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 16 Jul 2018, 12:30 pm

Date: July 16, 2018 at 1:44 AM

Topic: +DEV+  On This Mountain

On This Mountain

"Go up into the Abarim Range to Mount Nebo, and view Canaan, the land I am giving the Israelites as their own possession."   Deuteronomy 32:49

Deuteronomy 32

When Moses picked his way up among the rocks and scrub and finally reached the top of Mount Nebo, he saw before him the Promised Land. It must have been a much-welcomed sight. If you take a tour to Jordan, you can visit that same summit today. And if the climate is just right, you'll see Jerusalem. But those crystal-clear days are rare. The typical haze blurs the distance and cuts down the visibility. On Mount Nebo, we don't all get to see what Moses saw. Isn't that just like God? He does not often give us a perfectly clear view of the way ahead, and rarely do we feel as though we know where He's leading us. Much of the time we see what we need to: just the next phase of the journey, the next path that we are invited to step onto. Why? It keeps us from skipping ahead, for one thing. It forces us to put our trust in God, rather than in our own strength. Not being in control of the journey keeps us honest, keeps us humble, keeps us from falling for the myth that we are the main attraction in life. Isn't it better that way?

Insight: Pray that God would open your eyes to the steps you need to take today.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Jul 2018, 2:15 pm

Topic: +DEV+  A Prayer Meeting in Egypt

A Prayer Meeting in Egypt

"Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."   John 8:32

Scripture Focus: John 8

Could it be that a prayer meeting in Egypt 25 years ago provided the spark that ignited the recent surge of Muslims meeting Jesus? In 1991 Christian missionaries gathered to pray and seek divine wisdom. They wanted to know how to educate and encourage other believers in order to inspire them to join in prayer. They wanted the Lord to break down the wall for Muslims so that they, too, might find truth and grace in Christ alone. The outcome of that prayer meeting was an annual guide, pointing Christians to pray for Muslims to meet Jesus. Twenty-four years later, 30 Days of Prayer for the Muslim World keeps growing, has been translated into 38 languages, and is used by millions each Muslim holy month of Ramadan. A Pew study in 2011 predicted Islam would double in size over the next 20 years, eventually embracing a quarter of the world's population. What better time to take heart and join other believers praying for the revival among Muslims to grow? "The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective" (James 5:16).

Insight: Pray for the Spirit to call even more Muslims to faith the next 20 years.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 12 Jul 2018, 1:30 pm

Topic: +DEV+. An Evil Wind Is Blowing

An Evil Wind Is Blowing

"The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."   John 3:8

Scripture Focus: John 3

For 1,400 years Islam has expanded across the oceans, mountains, and deserts of the world. From the beaches of West Africa to the archipelago of Indonesia, in 49 different nations, the world is home to 1.6 billion Muslims. Larger than any of the great empires of history, a quarter of the world's population follows this religion in varying aspects of their lives. Until now, it was rare for a Muslim to convert to Christianity. The first whisper blew in the late 19th century with the first recorded free and indigenous movement of Muslims coming to faith in Christ in the Dutch East Indies. In the 1980s and 90s, the breeze picked up worldwide as more Muslims bowed to the cross of Jesus. Christian scholar David Garrison has identified 64 movements of Christ followers. You won't hear this in the mainstream media, but according to Dr. Garrison, a wind is blowing through the House of Islam. Join with me in this month's Anchor to grow more aware of the influence of Jesus Christ on Muslims and grow deeper in our own walk with Him.   Charles Morris is a former secular journalist, having worked for United Press International. For the past 17 years he has served as the speaker and president for Haven Ministries. Charles and his wife Janet have three grown children and alternate living and working between Haven offices in southern California and Vancouver, BC. Craig Borlase is a bestselling British author of more than 40 books. Living outside Oxford, he is a husband and father of four, a former high school teacher, former worship musician, and former charity worker.

Insight: Pray for the wind of the Holy Spirit to keep blowing, calling muslims to faith in Jesus Christ from the four corners of the earth.

Michael D. Inman
(Pastor) 

Date: July 11, 2018 at 6:33 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Praying for ISIS

Praying for ISIS

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."   Ephesians 6:12

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 6

Sabreen and Omar's story is powerful. When the young couple converted from Islam to Christianity, they became targets; they were apostate and guilty of a crime that the Koran says is punishable by death. They had no choice but to flee their home city and move from town to town. Yet the reach of fanatical Islam is wide, and wherever they went in Iraq, they knew danger was close at hand. They changed their identity and became refugees in a neighboring country. There they were shocked to hear that close Christian friends back in Iraq- one male, one female-had been brutally killed. "You're next" was the message that accompanied one gruesome photograph, sent by their would-be killers. Though it is remarkable how this couple faced fear and danger, the most profound thing is the way Sabreen has chosen to respond: "I keep on praying. I pray for ISIS: 'Jesus, just let them know who you are.'" Can you find it in your heart to pray for your enemies? Pray to the God who has loved you even while we were yet enemies of Him.

Insight: Pray for ISIS too, that even in their evil and depravity, Jesus might break through.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 11 Jul 2018, 8:39 pm

topic: +DEV+  The House That Collapsed

The House That Collapsed 

"I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house,"   Luke 6:47-48a

Scripture Focus: Luke 6

On the back of the business card was a picture: a grainy monochrome photo of a fallen down house. Underneath the image was printed a simple question: what happened? Nate, the man handing over his card, smiled. He had been born in Iran and spent more than five decades leading students to Christ and mentoring them as they stepped into their calling. The picture showed the family home where he'd grown up. One day they discovered that the house had been built without any foundation at all. A while later, thankfully when everyone was out, it just collapsed. There was no warning. Yet even though the loss of a home to an Iranian family was a terrible blow, for Nate it was not a crushing defeat. Nate's foundations in Jesus were as solid then as they are decades later. The pile of rubble was just another reason to thank the Lord for His protection and goodness. The bricks and gaping cracks were another great opportunity to tell others about the saving grace of Jesus Christ, our cornerstone and the foundation of our faith.

Insight: Pray for wisdom to see your own trials as Jesus does, and the courage to share more freely with others.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Jun 2018, 11:51 am

Date: June 28, 2018 at 1:45 AM

Topic: +DEV+  He Won't Grow Weary

He Won't Grow Weary

"You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary."  Revelation 2:3

Scripture Focus: Revelation 2

John Calvin preached over 2,000 sermons. In just a few years, William Booth and his Salvation Army ministry converted some 250,000 people to Christ. Blind composer Fanny Crosby wrote 8,000 hymns. Can you imagine accomplishing so much? These contributions and many more by famous Christians have had profound effects on bringing the gospel to the world. My friend George and I have been in ministry for over 30 years; we sometimes feel weary and just plain tired. There may be days when the work of "ministry" that the Lord has you in is overwhelming, too. In the book of Revelation, John speaks encouragement to us today. To the church in Ephesus, John was to say that their hard work and perseverance for the name of Christ had not gone unnoticed. Because their motivation was doing all for Christ's name, they could carry on and not be drained. Remember that the name of Jesus is the motivation behind your works. Are you worn out? Focus again on your "first love." You are His first love, after all, and for His great namesake He will never grow weary of you.

Insight: "Till then would I your love proclaim/ with every fleeting breath;/ and may the music of your name/ refresh my soul in death." (John Newton, 1774)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 27 Jun 2018, 9:42 pm

Date: June 27, 2018 at 12:29 AM

Topic: +DEV+  His Name to the Bitter End

His Name to the Bitter End

"But before all this, they will lay hands on you and persecute you, and all on account of my name."  Luke 21:12

Scripture Focus: Luke 21

We read news accounts of tortured Christians. But have you or I ever been persecuted on account of Jesus' name? My answer would have to be, "No." Yet this is what Jesus Himself said would be a mark of the coming of the end of this world. There would be many falsely claiming to come in His name, wars and unrest, natural disasters, persecution for His namesake. Jesus' words spoken to us centuries ago sound very current, don't they? Peter wrote that we should not be surprised about trials we may suffer. In fact, he said, we should rejoice to be insulted and to share in the sufferings of Christ. These are remarkable things for Peter to communicate since he had earlier revolted against the thought of Jesus suffering and dying. "Never, Lord!" he argued in Matthew 16:22. But Jesus plainly stated that to the bitter end, we would need to take up our cross to follow Him. He already hung on the cross that mattered, suffering there with your name in His heart, so that the namesake of His heavenly Father would be held high.

Insight: "If you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name." (1 Peter 4:16)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 25 Jun 2018, 11:22 pm

Date: June 25, 2018 at 1:31 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Passing Along the Family Name

Passing Along the Family Name

"And who is like your people Israel-the one nation on earth that God went out to redeem as a people for himself, and to make a name for himself?" (2 Samuel 7:23a)  
Scripture Focus: 2 Samuel 7

In the 18th century Susannah and Samuel Wesley had 19 children, several of which left notable marks on the world. Two of the Wesley children, John and Charles, brought the word of saving grace through Christ to tens of thousands. The Wesley name is well known. Having someone to carry on the family name means a lot. When a family name is sure to die out because no male child has been born to carry it on for another generation, people feel troubled. They want to keep a name for themselves in this world. Don't hang on to this world for the sake of your family name. God chose His people Israel and carried the promise of a Redeemer through the generations of men and women, all with imperfect records, because He was making a name for Himself. There never was intent that we'd look down through history and hold high the names of Moses or David or Paul. Names like Luther, Wesley, Carmichael, or your own family name are not what we hold high either. You are a part of God's family, and that's the name that matters!

Insight: "Before the throne my surety stands;/ my name is written on his hands." (Charles Wesley, 1742)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 21 Jun 2018, 9:46 pm

Date: June 21, 2018 at 2:55 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The Familiar Name of Jesus

The Familiar Name of Jesus

"Then he said, Jesus, remember me when you come into your kingdom."  Luke 23:42

Scripture Focus: Luke 23

J.C. Ryle wrote in The Gospel of Matthew, "Happy is the person who trusts not merely in vague notions of God's mercy and goodness, but in Jesus." The name Jesus means "Savior" and is surely the most encouraging name to wearied, burdened sinners. Yes, He is Lord of lords and King of kings, but the simple name of Jesus brings peace because it means "he will save his people from their sins" (Matthew 1:21). Was ever there anyone who lived up to His namesake as Jesus, the Savior, did? There is only one person recorded in the Bible as addressing Jesus by His name. He himself is not named at all, other than with the humiliating designation of "criminal." The dying thief on the cross had wasted his life. Yet he put his trust fully in Jesus at the end. He watched Jesus voluntarily suffer for the sake of others. So he spoke out in confident, simple faith, "Jesus, remember me," Many of us find ourselves beset by sin. We find the daily struggle of it too much to bear. Turn to your Savior, Jesus. He has lived up to His name for you.

Insight: "The dying thief rejoiced to see/ that fountain in his day;/ and there may I, though vile as he,/ wash all my sins away." (William Cowper, 1772)

A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 Jun 2018, 8:46 am

Date: June 20, 2018 at 12:25 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Name Above All Names

Name Above All Names

"How great are his signs, how mighty his wonders! His kingdom is an eternal kingdom; his dominion endures from generation to generation."  Daniel 4:3

Scripture Focus: Daniel 4

King Nebuchadnezzar built a name for himself, that's for sure. The dominating power, lavish riches, and arrogant self-exaltation that characterized his Babylonian reign some 500 years before Christ are still known of today. When he built his 90-foot- high golden image and commanded everyone to bow to it, he was trying to show the world his greatness. All Nebuchadnezzar wanted was his name to be supreme. Such human efforts must look silly to God. He changed the heart of the king through wondrous signs so that the one who wanted a name for himself was instead proclaiming God's great name. "Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and exalt and glorify the King of heaven, because everything he does is right and all his ways are just" (Daniel 4:37). But did this king acknowledge God as the only true God? Probably not. More likely, he saw Him as the highest of all his gods. No matter, God used the humbled heathen king to help keep alive the knowledge of His kingdom. The gospel of the Christ, whose name is above.

Insight: "Once people stop believing in the God of the Bible, they don't believe in nothing-they begin to believe in anything." (Alistair Begg)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 19 Jun 2018, 10:44 am

Date: June 19, 2018 at 1:29 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Favorite Name

Favorite Name

"Let them praise the name of the LORD, for his name alone is exalted; his splendor is above the earth and the heavens."  Psalm 148:13

Scripture Focus: Psalm 148

Think of your favorite name for God. Do you have one? You may cherish that He is your "God of wonder, beyond all galaxies." I love the names “Jehovah Jireh,” "Jehovah Rapha” and "Comforter." The namesake of the Lord is rich enough to include whatever your favorite name for Him is and to draw you near. Spouses often have favorite names for each other, terms of endearment they use only with each other. Even that common human practice is a little picture of us in relationship with the Lord, we as His bride and He as our groom. We have favorite names that we like to use for God; He knows each one of us by name and calls us the apple of His eye. The Psalms give us many of what seem to be David's favorite names for the Lord, among them "Righteous God," "my King," "Most High," "Rock," "Redeemer," "God my Savior," and "Shepherd." But most often used is simply, "LORD." Though David's failures were ever before him, the Lord and master of his life was always behind him. Remember that you can call out to the name of your Lord in every moment.

Insight: When we remember and consider all that Jesus Christ has done for us, we can't help proclaiming his name to everyone.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 18 Jun 2018, 9:55 am

Date: June 17, 2018 at 10:53 PM

Topic: +DEV+  Two Names: Saul and Paul

Two Names: Saul and Paul

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"  2 Corinthians 5:17

Scripture Focus: 2 Corinthians 5

I've known a few people who have changed their names for one reason or another. At age four C.S. Lewis decided he did not care for either "Clive" or "Staples," family names on his mother's side, and declared that instead he should be called Jack. We're not told in the Bible of when Saul officially became "Paul." Sometime after his Damascus road conversion, he began to go by the name Paul. His Jewish given name, Saul, was still a deep reminder of his heritage and upbringing of rule-keeping. To go by Paul, the Greek equivalent of Saul, not only made more sense where he was living, but its meaning also was a beautiful indicator of the new man he was: "humble and small." After a lifetime of making a name for himself, the humbled Paul would now put every ounce of his being into proclaiming the name of God instead. You bear the name of Christ. Sometimes it is still hard to live up to our new name and leave behind the old names of "selfish," "proud," or "mean." Don't fret; for His namesake, the Lord will make His name shine in you.

Insight: "My strength is in your name/ for you alone can save." (Chris Tomlin, 2013)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 13 Jun 2018, 10:13 pm

Date: June 13, 2018 at 2:19 AM

Topic: +DEV+. Mr. So-and-So

Mr. So-and-So

"The women said to Naomi: Praise be to the LORD, who this day has not left you without a kinsman-redeemer. May he become famous throughout Israel!"  Ruth 4:14

Scripture Focus: Ruth 4

We've been focusing on the rich namesake of God. We've looked at implications that come from a few biblical character names. As important as God's namesake is, as striking as the names of many people in the Bible are, there also is value in noting when a name has been omitted. One such example is in the book of Ruth. The man who was a closer relative to Ruth and would be first in line to redeem her told Boaz he would pass, not wanting to impair his own inheritance. In other words, taking Ruth as his wife would cause him financial loss. He preferred to make a name for himself. When Boaz addressed this man, he called him "friend" (4:1). But the Hebrew translation literally says, "someone, someone," or what we in rough English might call "Mr. So-and- So." The author deliberately omits his name. The one concerned about fame for his name ends up with no name at all! Now think of your Savior, who gave up His name, gave His throne on high, and gave His perfect life to make you His named, treasured one. Never will there be a greater love.

Insight: "Let the name of the Lord be praised, both now and forever more." (Psalm 113:2)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next