World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» ABOUT Farm Fresh Eggs & Chickens
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 11:57 pm by Admin

»  "Bring Them Home" protests heat up,
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 11:50 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 11:12 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:58 pm by Admin

» IsraelAM
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:50 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:46 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:39 pm by Admin

» AISH
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 10:02 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 9:49 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 9:12 pm by Admin

» Israel War UPDATE
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 9:07 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 9:04 pm by Admin

» Whose Land know the truth
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 6:57 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 6:47 pm by Admin

» OBAMA AGAIN
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 6:45 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 1:21 am by Admin

» The Risks of (AI) Artificial Intelligence
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptyYesterday at 12:37 am by Admin

» A Lenten Prayer to Bring Beauty from Ashes - Easter Devotional - March 17
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 9:50 pm by Admin

» CONTROVERSIAL TOPIC
Daily Disciples - Page 7 EmptySun 17 Mar 2024, 5:54 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Daily Disciples

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Daily Disciples - Page 7 Empty Re: Daily Disciples

Post  Admin Fri 25 Oct 2019, 9:52 pm

October 25

Today's Reading: Jeremiah 6; 1 Timothy 5

Today's Thoughts: What Have I Done?
Why has this people slidden back, Jerusalem, in a perpetual backsliding? They hold fast to deceit, They refuse to return. I listened and heard, But they do not speak aright. No man repented of his wickedness, Saying, 'What have I done?' Everyone turned to his own course, As the horse rushes into the battle. -  Jeremiah 8:5-6 

The prophet Jeremiah warned the people to turn from their wickedness and return to the Lord. But Jerusalem carried out their temple rituals, and because of that they really thought they were doing only good things, and serving the Lord. “What have I done?”They were deceived in their thoughts and were perpetually slipping farther away from God. This happens when we start to really believe that we are not that sinful, just because we are doing religious activities. We believe we are getting closer to God but we can actually move away from Him. And the farther we get from God, the harder it is to repent and change.

We live in a world that is filled with deceit and wickedness. The world tells us what is acceptable. If it feels good, then do it. It you feel bad for doing it, then take a pill or do something to make yourself feel better. We have permission from the world to do whatever it takes to make ourselves feel better. Yet, so often, we end up feeling much worse. We can swing like a pendulum, from the heights of happiness to the depths of depression. And if we are not careful, we wake up one day wondering what happened. “What have I done?”

The Christian walk takes one day at a time. Some days are better than others, but every day belongs to the Lord. The only way to walk with the Lord consistently is to spend time with Him everyday. When times are hard and depression creeps in, do not look for the instant fix offered by the world. Turn to the Lord. When you feel good about yourself or things in your life, turn to the Lord and give Him thanks. None of us wants to feel badly, but when the Holy Spirit convicts us of sin, we must be willing to repent and to turn from our sin. As we walk daily with the Lord, these convictions keep us from falling into deceitful ways of thinking. Ask the Lord today to help you answer the question: What have I done? You may be surprised at the answer. Listen to the Lord and be willing to change as He guides you.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 24 Oct 2019, 11:00 am

October 24

Today’s Reading: Jeremiah 3; 1 Timothy 4

Today’s Thoughts: The Valleys of Life

They went up over the mountains; They went down into the valleys, To the place which You founded for them. - Psalm 104:8

In a physical definition, a valley is a low area between two hills, which can range from a few square miles to hundreds or even thousands of square miles in area. It is typically a low-lying area of land, surrounded by higher areas such as mountains or hills. It can also be a path between two mountains, or a depression in a single mountain. It is interesting to note that part of its physical landscape is a “depression.” Metaphorically, we often compare the valleys of life to the more depressing times in our lives. Why do we associate valleys with dark, deep crevasses that we need to dig ourselves out of? Why do we associate the level plains of our days as times of depression? 

We tend to long for the mountain top experiences of life. But even if we find them at times, we do not live there consistently. Let’s face it, we all love our mountain top experiences with God, but they are usually moments in time. We spend most of our days in the valleys. It is a fact—we live in the valleys, day in and day out. And if the greatest amount of our time is spent in the valleys, we need to discover how the Word of God is a “lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path” as we walk through them, holding God’s hand every step of the way. We can find great victory in the valleys when we keep our focus on the Lord and follow where He leads.

If you are in a valley today, pray this prayer:

Dear Lord, I know that You have created the valleys and the mountains. I know that You are with me and that You will never leave me. But, this place that I am in is dark, lonely and scary. I need Your touch, Your hand to guide me, and Your peace to surround me. Please help me to understand all that You have for me in this place and give me the strength to walk through it. Help me to wait on You and to not lose hope. I need Your help today. In Jesus name, Amen.

Our mission is to evangelize the lost and awaken the saved to live empowered lives by the Work of God and His Holy Spirit. Daily Disciples Ministries makes a difference for the kingdom of God by teaching and training believers how to be in God's Word, how to pray and how to walk with Jesus every day, as His daily disciple.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 21 Oct 2019, 9:59 am

October 21

Today’s Reading: Isaiah 62; 1 Timothy 1

Today’s Thoughts: God’s Messengers Today

"Behold, I send My messenger, And he will prepare the way before Me. And the Lord, whom you seek, Will suddenly come to His temple, Even the Messenger of the covenant, In whom you delight. Behold, He is coming," Says the Lord of hosts. - Malachi 3:1 

Learn more about RevenueStripe...
A messenger, simply stated, is someone bringing a message to someone else. God used various means to get His message out to His people. In the Old Testament God used angels, prophets and other entities as His messengers to speak the words of God to the people. If we look more closely at the role of a messenger, we see that the message usually included one of two themes: encouragement or warning.

When the angel spoke with Hagar in the wilderness, he encouraged her to keep going and that Ishmael would be blessed. Haggai was sent to encourage the people to return to work on the temple. Jeremiah was sent to warn the people of what would happen if they did not turn from their evil ways. Moreover, we see how the prophet Malachi had a message of strong warning and rebuke to the priests and their attitude towards the things of God.

Is it not amazing that the Lord goes to such measures to make sure we get His messages? But, are we taking them to heart today? We often read of the Old Testament prophets and their predictions to the people and wonder why the people did not listen or take heed the message. We see clearly how the people were sinning against God and how their hearts were in rebellion, but seemed blind to the reality of their impending destruction. Are we so different today? We may not have Jeremiah or Malachi in physical form, but we have the Word of God. In fact, our accountability today is much greater because we do have the Bible.

When Jesus ascended into heaven, He gave us all a charge, a call to action. He said to go and make disciples of the nations. He told us to be His witnesses throughout the world. Being a messenger of the Lord is no easy task. The prophets of old had hard lives and most of them died without seeing the people change. It can be a thankless job. Jesus never promised that standing for Him would be easy. But, He did promise that He would always be with us. He also said that the Spirit would give us words to speak when we did not know what to say. Are we willing to be His mouthpiece today? Are we willing to stand for Him and speak what He tells us to say? Or, are we afraid of what others think and will say about us in return?

Daily Disciples Ministries, Inc
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 20 Oct 2019, 9:53 am

October 19

Today’s Readings: Isaiah 56; 2 Thessalonians 2

Today’s Thoughts: Highest of Heavens and the Humblest of Hearts

For this is what the high and lofty One says--he who lives forever, whose name is holy: “I live in a high and holy place, but also with him who is contrite and lowly in spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly and to revive the heart of the contrite.” - Isaiah 57:15(NIV)

How can it be that God dwells in the highest of the heavens but also in the humblest of hearts? How can the God of the Universe, who created all things and by Him everything exists, want to be a part of us?

From the beginning of creation, God created man to work and tend the Garden of Eden while in close relationship with Him. God then formed the animals and brought them to Adam so he could name them. God wanted Adam to have a partner, so He created Eve. Over and over in Genesis, we read about God’s love, concern and willingness to have a relationship with man as well as God’s desire to care for his needs. There was only one rule to follow. Everything else was burden free. God knew that man needed to have free will, for God wanted a relationship based on choice, not force. With the freedom to choose, Adam and Eve chose to disobey God. From that time moment on, Adam and Eve died in two ways: physically in time and spiritually that day. Sin entered into the heart of man that day and severed our relationship with Lord. Today, we are all born spiritually dead.

This broke God’s heart. He created us to have a relationship with Him; He created us to dwell with Him. From Genesis chapter 3 until Revelation 21, the Bible is about God’s plan to get the world back, reversing the destruction of sin. The answer was prophesied in Genesis 3:15 as being Jesus. Jesus is the One who came to restore sinful man back to a Holy God. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” The wages of sin is death but Jesus came to bring life so we can live abundantly.

So whose heart does God dwell with today? He dwells with those humble of heart. He dwells with those who prayed and said,

Lord, I know that I am a sinner and in need of a savior. I know that You sent Your Son to die on the cross, shedding His blood for my sins. I ask You, Jesus, to come into my heart and save me. I surrender control of my life to You. Please fill me with Your Holy Spirit and lead me in Your ways. Thank You for saving me.”

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 19 Oct 2019, 12:43 pm

October 18

Today's Reading: Isaiah 53; 2 Thessalonians 1

Today's Thoughts: God’s Ways Can be Hard to Understand

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.” - Isaiah 55:8-9

I learned these verses in my early years as a Christian. I have heard them quoted often, and I have spoken them many times, either to others or to myself. I am not always sure if they are comforting words or if they are confounding words. Intellectually, I know that God's thoughts and ways are not like mine. Of course my ways are not like God's, God is God and I am not. But when I go down a path that seems to make so much sense to me, then out of nowhere, the course dramatically changes: I must admit that I am more confounded than comforted. There are times when we pray for things or people and our prayers are answered just as we prayed them. Then, there are times when we pray and our prayers seem to go unheard, with no answer at all. We can usually handle both extremes because God is God and He can act as He pleases

But what about those times when we pray about something specifically, and we clearly see God's hand in it? We pray, God leads and we are getting it. We can even see what is coming as God reveals things to us. Our faith is being increased and we are finally gaining some spiritual strength and understanding. Even though the course is tough, we are making steady progress. But… then… out of the blue, something happens that changes our course so drastically that we feel the air has been knocked out of us. All of sudden, we find ourselves in a place of desolation and despair. What happened? It seemed like everything was moving along so well.

It is in these moments that we all must glean a deeper understanding that God's thoughts and ways are not ours. God does not play by our rules and God is never in a rush. Keep one thing in mind today as you meditate on these verses. Our Lord loves us more than we can ever comprehend and everything He does is in our best interest. His main desire for us is that we are His, totally and completely. Do you feel as though God has abandoned you or maybe has just forgotten about your needs? Ask Him to help you understand more of His ways. Ask Him to open your mind to comprehend the Scriptures. Go to Him, repent if you have un-confessed sin and trust that His higher ways will always be what is best.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 18 Oct 2019, 3:15 pm

October 18

Today's Reading: Isaiah 53; 2 Thessalonians 1

Today's Thoughts: God’s Ways Can be Hard to Understand
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," says the Lord. "For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts.” - Isaiah 55:8-9

I learned these verses in my early years as a Christian. I have heard them quoted often, and I have spoken them many times, either to others or to myself. I am not always sure if they are comforting words or if they are confounding words. Intellectually, I know that God's thoughts and ways are not like mine. Of course my ways are not like God's, God is God and I am not. But when I go down a path that seems to make so much sense to me, then out of nowhere, the course dramatically changes: I must admit that I am more confounded than comforted. There are times when we pray for things or people and our prayers are answered just as we prayed them. Then, there are times when we pray and our prayers seem to go unheard, with no answer at all. We can usually handle both extremes because God is God and He can act as He pleases

But what about those times when we pray about something specifically, and we clearly see God's hand in it? We pray, God leads and we are getting it. We can even see what is coming as God reveals things to us. Our faith is being increased and we are finally gaining some spiritual strength and understanding. Even though the course is tough, we are making steady progress. But… then… out of the blue, something happens that changes our course so drastically that we feel the air has been knocked out of us. All of sudden, we find ourselves in a place of desolation and despair. What happened? It seemed like everything was moving along so well.

It is in these moments that we all must glean a deeper understanding that God's thoughts and ways are not ours. God does not play by our rules and God is never in a rush. Keep one thing in mind today as you meditate on these verses. Our Lord loves us more than we can ever comprehend and everything He does is in our best interest. His main desire for us is that we are His, totally and completely. Do you feel as though God has abandoned you or maybe has just forgotten about your needs? Ask Him to help you understand more of His ways. Ask Him to open your mind to comprehend the Scriptures. Go to Him, repent if you have un-confessed sin and trust that His higher ways will always be what is best.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 17 Oct 2019, 5:06 pm

October 17

Today's Reading: Isaiah 50; 1 Thessalonians 5 
Today's Thoughts: You Are Irresistible!

And Stephen, full of faith and power, did great wonders and signs among the people. And they were not able to resist the wisdom and the Spirit by which he spoke. - Acts 6:8, 10

Have you ever been with someone or just watched a person who was irresistible? Some people have a charisma that attracts others to them and the reasons for the attraction are not always obvious. I remember taking a Bowling class in college to fulfill one of my elective course requirements. On the first day I thought the instructor was a bit over-zealous as he enthusiastically explained the course curriculum. What is there to get excited about in a Bowling class? But to my surprise it was not long before I found this class to be a refreshing break and actually looked forward to going to it. Why? Not because I love bowling, but because the instructor shared his joy in such a way that I found myself attracted to his energy and enthusiasm.

We need to realize how often we affect those around us just by our expressions and attitude. It is amazing to think about how contagious our attitudes and behaviors can be to others. As Christians, we are to be lights in this dark world. We are called to share the good news of Jesus Christ and to proclaim His love, joy and peace to everyone. If we truly have His Spirit, as Stephen did, then we will be irresistible to those listening to us.

Think about your behavior and attitude today as you go about your activities, especially how you express yourself. A smile goes a long way, and there is something contagious about laughter. Before you start your day, stop and ask the Lord to fill you with His wisdom and Spirit. Ask for His joy to be your strength and for His peace to prevail over all of your circumstances. And, if you keep smiling long enough, eventually people will want to know your secret. Then you get to tell them all about Jesus because He is truly the only reason any of us can smile and have real joy.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 16 Oct 2019, 4:05 pm

October 16

Today’s Reading: Isaiah 47; 1 Thessalonians 4  

Today’s Thoughts: Living through the San Diego Fires
When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, Nor shall the flame scorch you. - Isaiah 43:3

During the worship session at a retreat, I showed Bobbye the verses from Isaiah 43:1-3. Well, the very next song that the worship leader played quoted the very same passage of Scripture in Isaiah. We knew that the Lord was getting our attention. God was speaking to us through the Scriptures. After the worship was over, Bobbye and I were next on the schedule to speak. We shared with the ladies the passage in Isaiah 43, knowing that “By the mouth of two or three witnesses every word shall be established.” We did not realize the significance these verses would soon have. This was one of those times that we had ears to hear but it was difficult to discern if the message was literal or figurative. We all seemed to be content with believing that there are no coincidences with God and He uses people to speak and confirm His Words to others, through others.  No one that I knew of, including myself, asked the Lord to clarify this message any further. In hindsight, we should have been asking, seeking and knocking to not only know His Word but to also know His Will. Why was He was giving these verses to us?  Are the verses for our spiritual well being or are these verses God’s Will to be accomplished on earth as it is in heaven…today? The reason for the verses became perfectly clear as we headed down the mountain.

On Sunday morning, the Santa Ana winds were so strong we had difficulty packing up the car. Little did we know that Isaiah 43:2 was not only a promise but a prophecy that was about to be fulfilled that day in all of our lives. Heading down the mountain, we heard that the fires had begun. We were about to be evacuated from our homes because of the fires and some of us would literally be “walk[ing] through the fire” as Isaiah 43:2 clearly states. At one given time, there were eight fires destroying the County of San Diego. Because fire is no respecter of persons, no one knew whose house would be next and no one could predict the path the fires would take. But we did know that God cared and that God had warned us up on the mountain. His desire was for us to know that He was with us, that these fires did not surprise Him, and He did not want us to fear. God speaks to us to comfort us and to bring peace regardless of the circumstance. The problem today is not that God is not speaking but that we are not listening. God wants us to know. He reveals His plans to His servants (Amos 3:7). God is willing to speak but are we ready to listen?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 15 Oct 2019, 9:17 pm

October 15

Today's Reading: Isaiah 45; 1 Thessalonians 3

Today's Thoughts: A Message from Isaiah

I will go before you and make the crooked places straight; I will break in pieces the gates of bronze and cut the bars of iron. I will give you the treasures of darkness and hidden riches of secret places, that you may know that I, the Lord, who call you by your name, am the God of Israel. Isaiah 45:2-3

One morning a few years ago, I woke up with the word “Isaiah” in my mind. I personally do not know anyone named Isaiah so I wondered why this name was on my heart. As I opened my Bible that morning, I literally turned to the first page of Isaiah. I immediately began wondering what message the Lord might have for me in this book. Since then, God has given me more messages from the book of Isaiah than I can count, and Isaiah now holds some of my most treasured sections of Scripture. One of my personal favorites is chapter 45.

When I first read that the Lord will make my “crooked places straight” and will “cut the bars of iron,” I knew these were messages of freedom. Then to hear that the Lord calls me by my name, this made the message even more personal, as if He was speaking to me directly. I have come to understand that He isspeaking to me directly. I took Him at His word and I began to pray:

Lord, please go before me and straighten out those parts of my life that are out of order or where I do not see the path before me. And please break the gates and cut the bars that keep me locked up, that have held me captive. I desire those treasures You have for me in the freedom that You want to give me. You are God and there is none other. I need You to be my God today and forever.

These verses are just a snapshot of this great book. Through Isaiah I learned how to pray God’s Word back to Him and through praying God’s Word, I have seen His personal touch on my life in more ways than I could have ever imagined. Maybe today is the day for you to open your Bible to the book of Isaiah. Who knows how many messages God has for you there? He knows and you will soon find out. May God go before you and bless you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 14 Oct 2019, 1:58 pm

October 14
Today's Reading: Isaiah 43; 1 Thessalonians 2
Today's Thoughts: Trust the One Who Knows You
But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, And He who formed you, O Israel, "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!” Isaiah 43:1

God knows us by name. He calls us and says that we are His. We need to trust Him and give Him our hearts and lives. We need to be willing to come before Him, knowing that He alone cares about every hair on our head and every desire of our heart.
My husband and I went car shopping. While looking at a different make of car than either of us have ever owned, a salesman approached us. When he caught our attention, He called to us each by name. We had never been in this lot before and we had no idea how this man knew us. He then asked my husband about his job by title and place. Next, he asked about my husband’s old car.
Finally I said to him, “How do we know you?” He replied, “Your last car, you bought from me.” That was seven years ago! He then told us the kind of car we traded in for the new one. We were amazed. We literally met that man one time and it was to buy a car that same day. The car transfer was smooth, nothing out of the ordinary for him to remember us. I asked him, “How do you do that?” He said that he consistently and actively works on his memory.
I have to say that it was very eerie. My husband and I talked more about him than the car for which we were looking. When someone takes that kind of time to remember who you are, what you do and what you buy, you feel special but also humbled. We want him to sell us our next car, mostly because he gained our trust and respect.
This man remembered certain things about us but God knows all things about us. For some reason though, we do not give God our absolute trust. We second guess Him and wonder if He knows best. The Lord tells us that we are inscribed on the palms of His hands (Isaiah 49:16). His love for us is immeasurable and He knows every hair on our heads. He calls us His own and calls us to Himself. Oh, we need to be in awe of the Lord and completely trust Him. We need to cast ourselves down at His feet and be willing to let go. We need to thank Him and be all that He wants us to be. He not only knows our names but also He knit us inside our mother’s womb. Life should be all about Him but for some reason, we make Him all about us. Come to Him with a heart of repentance and receive from His lot of love. He knows your name as well as your every thought and you can trust Him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 13 Oct 2019, 9:55 am

October 13
Today’s Reading: Isaiah 41:1-31; 1 Thessalonians 1
Today’s Thoughts: Consider Your Calling
Paul, called to bean apostleof Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes ourbrother, To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who are sanctified in Christ Jesus, called to besaints, with all who in every place call on the name of Jesus Christ our Lord, both theirs and ours. 1 Corinthians 1:1-2

What do you picture when you hear the word “saint”? A deceased person, a statue, candles and incense? Years ago, my definition would have been, “One who is worthy to be prayed to.” I also associated sainthood with death, as if it was an oxymoron to be a “living and breathing saint.” But in Paul’s opening to the Corinthian church, his definition is very different. First, he begins this letter by addressing himself and bringing attention to his calling as an apostle. An apostle means “a sent one.” Paul then goes on to say that he was “sent” to the Corinthian church to remind them of their calling—sainthood.The Corinthian church seemed far from sainthood. As a church they struggled with pride, immorality, idolatry, envy, jealousy—just to name a few. Paul knew what they were like, which is why he wrote them this letter. So why did he tell them they were called to be saints?
According to the Bible, a saint is one separated from the world and consecrated to God; a believer in Christ (Psalm 16:3; Romans 1:7; Romans 8:27; Philippians 1:1; Hebrews 6:10). Becoming a saint starts right here on earth, the minute you accept Jesus as your Savior and Lord. Mans’ ways of statues and candles and incense or even good works are not God’s ways of being set apart to do His will. Paul was reminding the Corinthians that they are now saints because of Jesus, but they were not acting according to their calling. Their lifestyle contradicted their declaration of knowing, loving and living for God.
This contradiction happens to us too. We become saints because of believing in Jesus’ work on the cross and then we have the ability to live for Him by the filling of the Holy Spirit. Our sainthood does not rest in our works but in our belief.  Our beliefs should represent the way we live, not inconsistent like the Corinthians.
Today, ask the Lord if your calling in Christ (being called a saint) is consistent with your every day life. Are you living every day to please Him?  Are your priorities consistent with a life of holiness? Do you really understand your calling? Consider the areas in your lifestyle that you know are not pleasing to the Lord. Then write a prayer specifically asking Him to help you be who He wants you to be.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 12 Oct 2019, 8:44 pm

October 12
Today's Reading: Isaiah 39; Colossians 4
Today's Thoughts: Patience with Perspective

But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31
Are there ever times when you become tired of trying? From work to your family, the list of needs seem endless with all fingers pointing to you. You know the promises of God and know that He is absolutely working in your life, but the “flesh” part of you becomes worn out and on edge.
The other night, at dinner time, I was trying to cook…and help with homework…and talk to my mother who was visiting. In addition, the phone was ringing, the news was on and my youngest child was singing for everyone to hear.  I could sense the tension rising within me. The noise seemed too loud and the night was becoming too long.  Because I recognized these feelings and knew how poorly I have handled them before, with all the self control I could muster, I prayed to the Lord and said, “Please help me do all this with an attitude and with words that would please You.”  Immediately I sensed the Lord say to me, “Enjoy it; find peace right now.” That thought was the furthest thing from my mind but those words pierced my heart.
It just doesn’t matter if everything gets done on time or in the right order. It just does not matter if there are grease stains on my daughter’s homework paper and there are dishes left in the sink when I go to bed. What does matter is that I honor the Lord by pouring out His love through me especially in the times that push and pull on my nerves. What matters is that I find the joy of the Lord in everyday challenges and appreciate every passing moment of the day. It is in these most challenging times, when you feel as if everyone is looking to you, that you can only endure by continuing to look to the Lord. God hears and answers the smallest of prayers when they are dripping with honesty. He knows us and understands us. Today, when the anxiety is increasing and your patience is decreasing, turn to the Lord so that you can soar above the circumstances while renewing your perspective and strength.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Oct 2019, 11:08 am

October 10

Today’s Reading: Isaiah 34; Colossians 2

Today’s Thoughts: The “Why’s” of Life

And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out with a loud voice, saying, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?" which is translated, "My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?" - Mark 15:34

Isn’t it wrong to ask God "why?" Isn't it wrong to question God? One day I was reading this verse, and suddenly I realized that Jesus asked God "why?" While Jesus was on the cross, dying for the sins of the world, He asked God, "Why have You forsaken Me?" We all know that God did not forsake Jesus. We also know that Jesus never sinned, so asking God "why" does not have to be wrong. Just by including the Lord in our thoughts shows a step of faith. It shows faith because we are praying, acknowledging that He is listening, and God will reward our faith.

By being honest with the Lord, our hearts are softened to receive His wisdom involving the things of the past, while helping us to move forward in faith for future decisions. God tells us in James 1:5-8:

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach, and it will be given to him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.

So the "why" questions are not the sin, but receiving an answer to those questions and then doubting the answer is the sin.

Today, start asking "why" about things you do not understand and ask the Lord to help you to go forward in faith. Ask the Lord to give you wisdom in how to receive His answers to the "why" questions in your life. Pray for faith, as we know that without faith, it is impossible to please God. As our faith grows, we will move forward to make decisions as the Lord leads us and we will trust in His guidance and direction for all things. The goal is to get past the "why's" and move on to the "what's"—trust, obey and get going.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 06 Oct 2019, 10:14 am

Today’s Reading: Isaiah 23; Philippians 1

Today’s Thoughts: Pursue Peace

Seek peace and pursue it. Psalms 34:14

My computer crashed one night and oh, the feeling of anguish and loss that came over me.  My husband and I tried hard to work on it, reboot it and reinstall the system, but to no avail. I was reading and studying Psalm 34:14 when the computer went down, "Seek peace and pursue it." Obviously the verse and my state of mind were not in the same place, so I started reasoning with the Lord over it.

To seek peace means to search for it like you are looking for a lost child. Have you ever had that happen to you? One minute your child is right next to you and the next minute, gone. Oh the feeling of panic that overwhelms you as your heart starts beating faster, a burning sensation moves throughout your body, your eyes become fixed and your voice raises as you firmly and seriously call out your child's name. Nothing is right until you find your child. That state of mind is not very peaceful and yet we are instructed to seek peace like we are seeking a lost child. What does that mean?

A missing child isn't normal for the parent as much as missing peace isn't normal for the Christian.  Jesus left us His peace as if He left it in His will for us to claim, own and enjoy. However, it doesn't come naturally. Jesus says that He gives us His peace not the world's peace. If we don't have peace, we need to find out why and then pursue it.

I pursue peace by meditating on Scripture, and thinking on the verse over and over. I pray the verse back to the Lord asking Him to reveal His will for me from the verse. So when the computer crashed, I felt my peace being traded in for panic. Because the contrast was so evident, I sought for my peace first and then focused on the computer. You have to put yourself in that place to claim your rights to God's peace regardless of the circumstance at hand. Peace is yours. Seek for it, pursue it, claim it and own it!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Oct 2019, 9:01 am

October 5

Today’s Reading: Isaiah 23; Philippians 1

Today’s Thoughts: Pursue Peace

Seek peace and pursue it. Psalms 34:14

My computer crashed one night and oh, the feeling of anguish and loss that came over me.  My husband and I tried hard to work on it, reboot it and reinstall the system, but to no avail. I was reading and studying Psalm 34:14 when the computer went down, "Seek peace and pursue it." Obviously the verse and my state of mind were not in the same place, so I started reasoning with the Lord over it.

To seek peace means to search for it like you are looking for a lost child. Have you ever had that happen to you? One minute your child is right next to you and the next minute, gone. Oh the feeling of panic that overwhelms you as your heart starts beating faster, a burning sensation moves throughout your body, your eyes become fixed and your voice raises as you firmly and seriously call out your child's name. Nothing is right until you find your child. That state of mind is not very peaceful and yet we are instructed to seek peace like we are seeking a lost child. What does that mean?

A missing child isn't normal for the parent as much as missing peace isn't normal for the Christian.  Jesus left us His peace as if He left it in His will for us to claim, own and enjoy. However, it doesn't come naturally. Jesus says that He gives us His peace not the world's peace. If we don't have peace, we need to find out why and then pursue it.

I pursue peace by meditating on Scripture, and thinking on the verse over and over. I pray the verse back to the Lord asking Him to reveal His will for me from the verse. So when the computer crashed, I felt my peace being traded in for panic. Because the contrast was so evident, I sought for my peace first and then focused on the computer. You have to put yourself in that place to claim your rights to God's peace regardless of the circumstance at hand. Peace is yours. Seek for it, pursue it, claim it and own it!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Oct 2019, 11:13 am

October 4

Today's Reading: Isaiah 20; Ephesians 6

Today's Thoughts: Worth the Cost

And on the second day, at the banquet of wine, the king again said to Esther, "What is your petition, Queen Esther? It shall be granted you. And what is your request, up to half the kingdom? It shall be done!" Then Queen Esther answered and said, "If I have found favor in your sight, O king, and if it pleases the king, let my life be given me at my petition, and my people at my request. - Esther 7:2-3

Rarely do we see such sacrifice as today's verses demonstrate. Queen Esther had hidden her true identity from her husband, the king. He did not know she was a Jew, especially in lieu of his signed proclamation that would lead to the annihilation of the Jews living in his providences. For Esther to make this petition, she had to be willing to lay down her life. Not knowing the outcome, she stepped out to do what she believed was their only chance for survival, risking her own life in the process. The result was better than expected. Her petition was granted, the enemy of the Jews was hanged and the Jews were saved. Truly, this story is inspiring, amazing and encouraging—do we not wish all endings were so happy?

How often do we find ourselves in such a situation? Maybe not in the same context as Esther, but we are challenged in society today to take a stand for what we believe. Jesus laid down His life for us. He said that a true friend lays down His life for another. But, how many of us live out that type of sacrificial commitment? Esther interceded on behalf of her people, the Jews, many of whom she would never personally meet. Jesus did the same for us. Today, we are called to bear witness of what Jesus did for us. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whosoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life (John 3:16). Our job is to tell the world about Jesus, even if it costs us our lives.

Because of Jesus, we are not only offered "up to half the kingdom," but also we have been given the keys to the whole kingdom. We are heirs to the kingdom of God; we will inherit it all. Wow, what a thought! What else could be worth more than our eternity with Jesus? May we keep an eternal perspective. May we be willing to lose it all to win souls to Christ.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Oct 2019, 6:30 pm

October 3

Today's Reading: Isaiah 17; Ephesians 5:17-33

Today's Thoughts: Five and Two

Then He took the five loaves and the two fish, and looking up to heaven, He blessed and broke them, and gave them to the disciples to set before the multitude. - Luke 9:16

One day I was walking my dog and as I looked down at the ground, I saw a nickel and two pennies. At that moment, all I could think about was five and two. I picked them up and walked home. That evening, as I opened my daily Bible, the verses recounted the story of Jesus feeding the five thousand—with five loaves and two fish. I knew at that point that the Lord had a message for me personally, but what exactly was He saying? The numbers five and two kept coming to my mind.

Just recently, I was reading this same story, and once again the numbers five and two jumped out. At lunch on that same day, someone left a nickel and two pennies on the soda machine. Okay, Lord, what does this mean? Well, the message began to unfold in my heart and mind as I continued to mediate on the Word of God. The disciples gave Jesus all that they had, which was not enough; two fish and five loaves could not feed five thousand men. But, Jesus took what they had and did three things with it. He looked up to heaven and blessed it; He broke it; and He gave it back to the disciples to hand out. The men did nothing with the fish and the bread but handed them to Jesus. Jesus performed the miracle. Not only did they have enough to eat, but also they had twelve baskets left over—one for each disciple.

The nickel and the pennies reminded me that Jesus takes what seems so insufficient and works miracles in ways that I cannot. It is not up to me to make things work; it is up to Him. When I have less than enough, then He has an opportunity to be more than enough. When I hand things over to Him, He blesses, breaks and then hands back, in abundance. Isn't it interesting that when He broke the bread, it multiplied. We need to remember that sometimes when things seem to be breaking, maybe that is because Jesus is trying to bless and multiply His provisions for us. Ask the Lord today to help you see His provisions and may He bless you in abundance to meet your needs and desires.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Oct 2019, 9:34 pm

October 2

Today’s Readings: Isaiah 14; Ephesians 5:1-16

Today’s Thoughts: That you May Believe

And he who has seen has testified, and his testimony is true; and he knows that he is telling the truth, so that you may believe. - John 19:35

Over 333 prophecies were fulfilled during the life of Christ. Twenty-eight of those prophecies were fulfilled while Jesus was on the cross. In this Scripture passage, John points out three times that certain events occurred for the Scriptures to be fulfilled, "so that you may believe."

In the Christian life, our salvation (our faith) is based upon one thing: our belief that Jesus Christ came to earth as the Son of God, fully God and fully man, and that He gave His life as a ransom for us. He was not just a good man or prophet or teacher—He was God incarnate. Jesus began His journey to earth back in the Garden. God told us that her Seed (the woman) would crush his head, the head of Satan. The rest of the Old Testament foretold of His coming and God's people knew to look for Him. Yet, when Jesus showed up on the scene, many of them did not believe. In the course of three years, He did more miracles than could be recorded. But still, many did not believe.

Jesus fulfilled the prophecies, just as had been told. He died on a cross for the sins of humanity and opened the way for all who look upon Him and believe in Him, to have everlasting life. But, He did not stay dead—He arose on the third day. Jesus conquered death so that we may live. One day the rest of the prophecies will be fulfilled, just as the Bible foretells. One day, Jesus will return and will reign as the King that many of these people were looking for when He came the first time. Until then, we wait and we eagerly look for Him to return. Do you believe?

The Bible was written so that we may believe. The Gospel of John was written by the disciple whom Jesus loved, so that we may believe. Regardless of life's trials and hardships, do not allow the hardness of this world to weaken your faith. Look up! Look to the Cross and be saved. Sometimes we need to be reminded to look up and see Jesus. He is with us right now—He is with you right now. Just believe.

Pray about it: Lord, I will never know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross. Help me to never take for granted the forgiveness You have extended to a sinner like me. Help me walk in the freedom You gave to me as a result of Your perfect sacrifice.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Oct 2019, 12:46 pm

Today's Reading: Isaiah 11; Ephesians 4

Today's Thoughts: Repentance is First

This is what the Sovereign Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, says "In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it." Isaiah 30:15

Jesus says His yoke is easy and His burden is light. He has not called us to a life of burdens but to a place of peace. Our salvation is not found in a list of works or good behavior. Strength is not found through building our bodies or having all our bases covered. Over and over, the Lord calls us to a place of repentance and to rest in Him. "In repentance" means that we are in agreement with Him that our ways are not right.  We fall short of His standards. Repentance also means to turn from our ways as we accept Jesus and accept that His sacrifice on the cross is all we need for salvation. There is nothing we can add. This leads to the next part of the verse: "rest" in His work.  We develop inner strength by our stillness of soul (quietness of mind, emotion and will) as we are convinced that He will help us (trust).

Living out this verse goes completely against our nature. We want to do and to fix.  We find comfort in feeling that we are in control. It is hard to accept that we have nothing to offer. That is why the verse concludes with, "but you would have none of it."

Isaiah 30:15 is a great verse to test your faith. Where are you today? Why do you do certain things? Is your mind at rest? Do you have a stillness of soul because you trust the Lord for your circumstances today? This is not easy. But that is why a repentant heart is needed every day, for we do fall so short of His standard.

Meditate on it: "Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." Matthew 11:29-30

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Sep 2019, 8:44 pm

September 30

Today's Reading: Isaiah 9; Ephesians 3

Today's Thoughts: In Your Anger, Do Not Sin 

“Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil.  - Ephesians 4:26-27

What in the world does that mean? Where does “anger” fit in the list of the fruit of the Spirit?

We could say that getting that angry quenches the Spirit and takes away your peace so it must be bad. But what kind of anger doesn’t do that? Today, I got so angry that I saw red and started shaking. Anger is one thing but does the Lord call “seeing red and shaking with anger” sin?

If I think about the many verses that deal with God’s anger, we could say that He saw red too as the mountain in Exodus burned with fire. Moses was definitely furious when the people grew impatient and they started worshiping the golden calf. Personally, if you remain with the Lord and keep His perspective through the circumstance as you continue to represent Him, anger is not sin.

If the anger causes you to run off at the mouth, lose self - control and only represent the things you want to say and do, we have crossed over to being angry and sinning. Yes, this definition is definitely simplistic.  When it comes right down to it, there are a few things to remember when (not if) anger happens:

- Ask God to help you maintain self control right at the time your anger flares.

- Remove yourself to honestly pray for His perspective on the situation.

- Go to the Word of God for wisdom.

- Lose the emotion before you try to communicate your point of view.

- Ask the Lord to help you communicate His heart on the matter

- Pray to not keep records of wrong regardless if there is an apology or not.

We are responsible for our behavior, not others. We are accountable before the Lord on how we handle the situation and then how we decide to resolve it.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 29 Sep 2019, 11:00 am

September 29

Today's Reading: Isaiah 7; Ephesians 2

Today's Thoughts: Hearing God’s Voice

And when they say to you, "Consult the mediums and the spiritists who whisper and mutter," should not a people consult their God? Should they consult the dead on behalf of the living? Isaiah 8:19

We are doing a study right now on hearing God’s voice. We didn’t realize how many misconceptions there were and how much fear exists in the lives of the people who say that they hear the Lord. The fear mostly deals with wondering if it was really God who spoke. There is a definite problem if we question hearing God’s voice because we would end up more double minded than if we didn’t consult the Lord at all. If we just do what we want to do, we deal with the consequences of our own decisions and actions and don’t have to get God involved. When we get God involved, even if our interpretation is wrong, we end up having an issue with Him.

When I see a large group of women all struggling with the same thing, I know that the enemy is having his way. Why? Because satan tries his hardest to distract the believer and make them doubt their faith. There is not very much victory in the church today, so if a group of people are dealing with the same issues without victory, satan is involved. How do we resolve the problem of doubt and fear when hearing God’s voice?

The verse above shows us that God’s people have been struggling with the same thing for a long time. It is easier to consult mediums and spiritualists who really don’t know than to consult the Lord. A medium or spiritualist whispers and mutters and focuses on the dead while a Christian should be all about life. But to hear God’s voice takes time, effort and the fighting of the flesh. To know the will of God means that we need to get into the Scriptures and acquaint ourselves with the character of God as well as our own desires before Him. Then we need to lay down our desires so that the Lord can work on our hearts from His perspective instead of our own. That’s how His desires become ours. When we are not threatened by God’s ways, we are able to hear His voice. We have to remember that God is on our side. We are His children; He does not want us walking around confused and frustrated. He wants us walking around sensing His love and His life. If you are a Christian who struggles with knowing the voice of God, talk to Him about it. Tell Him that you don’t want to consult anyone or thing else because His will matters most to you. He is not going to reject a prayer like that. Jesus said that His sheep hear His voice and follow. Be sure that you are listening because you do hear if you have come to know Him. He will not lead you astray and His will is not to confuse you. Ask, seek and knock and you will find God. That’s a promise.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Sep 2019, 8:13 pm

September 28

Today's Reading: Isaiah 5; Ephesians 1

Today's Thoughts: Here am I! Send Me.

Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying: "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?" Then I said, "Here am I! Send me." - Isaiah 6:8
The prophet, Isaiah, was blessed with an incredible experience…he found himself in the throne room of God. He saw the Lord sitting on a throne, high and lifted up and the train of His robe filled the temple. He saw glowing celestial beings, or seraphim, around and above the throne. And then, Isaiah heard the voice of the Lord say to him, "Whom shall I send, And who will go for Us?"   Without hesitation, Isaiah shouted out, “Here am I! Send me.” His life would be forever changed.

Isaiah had a tough ministry as a prophet. The people did not want to hear what he had to say. His prophecies foretold of destruction and doom. Why would anyone want to hear such dreadful predictions about their ultimate desolation? Isaiah did not have a glamorous life and he did not die in an honorable manner. Jewish tradition says that he was sawn in half when he was about 90 years old. He answered the call of God but the call on his life brought much pain and suffering. For people today to answer the call of God there must be an awareness and acceptance of the pain and suffering that comes with the call. It is a tough place to live, especially in a world engrossed in comforts and pleasures.

Many Christians today are afraid to say, “Here am I! Send me.” They are afraid to surrender and to really take up their cross and follow Jesus. The price is high…very high. When the flame starts getting too hot to handle, they step back and cool off. I know because I have been there. So, why be an “Isaiah” if we do not have to be? We can be saved, live a nice life and wake up in heaven. Why go through all of this other stuff? There is only one reason, one answer, to that question: to have the experience of standing before the throne of God and hearing His voice. To experience His presence in such an intimate way that you feel as though you are melting at His feet. To see His glory and majesty as Isaiah did. Once you have tasted and seen, you will never ask “why” again. The pain and the suffering cannot compare to the glory of the Lord.

But first you must be willing to step out and be sent. Are you ready? Do you want more? If so, then start praying. Read the books of Isaiah and Jeremiah to learn more about their lives and how God called them. You will never know all God has for you until you let go and ask Him to send you out. As Christians, this is our great commission.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Sep 2019, 8:59 am

September 27

Today's Reading: Isaiah 3; Galatians 6

Today's Thoughts: Do Not Give Up

And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Galatians 6:9

Are you feeling "weary" these days? Do you ever feel as if "doing good" really gets you nowhere? I bet that if we were honest, most of us would admit to these feelings or thoughts at some points in our Christian life. If you spend much time at all reading Paul's letters in the New Testament, you hear him telling us to persevere, to run the race with endurance, and to not lose heart. The Apostle Paul understood the trials of suffering and how hard it can be just to keep going, day in and day out. Today's verse has a promise at the end, one that we can all claim in victory. If we do not grow weary and give up, there will be a time of reaping, a season of harvest.

The enemy will use every scheme he can against us to discourage us from moving forward. I wonder how many times we give up at the last minute. What would happen if we never gave up? When the Lord calls you to step out, you must go. Once you make that decision, you will be tested. You will be tempted to quit, especially in your thoughts. To combat the temptations to quit, we must stay in the Word of God to renew our minds and to surrender to His will over our natural-born desires. Through the Holy Spirit, we can overcome and live a life pleasing to God. Praise God, for He wants for you to overcome and live a life pleasing Him.

God is leading you, you must follow Him, step by step. Know that there will be times when you will feel weary and your heart wants to sink, but that is when you turn to the Lord for strength and encouragement. Do not give up! The victory may be a day away.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Sep 2019, 9:04 pm

September 26

Today's Reading: Isaiah 1; Galatians 5

Today's Thoughts: Take Time to Stop
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth! Psalm 46:10

"Be still" is a phrase often commanded by parents. Children have an abundance of energy that seems to have no limits at times, regardless of where they may be. The command to "be still" usually comes when either the energy level has reached a fevered pitch or when the environment is not conducive to an overabundance of activity, such as riding in a car or sitting in church. However, getting a child to be still from just speaking the words is most often a futile attempt at best; sometimes, more serious action is required.

As children of God, we are not so different. We tend to lead overactive lives filled with busyness and activities that seem to have few boundaries themselves. The difference is that, as adults, we have no one telling us to "be still" and slow down. We think the busier we are, the better we are for us and for those around us. Most of us even feel better just by staying active and over stimulated.  Our society not only endorses this behavior but also has, for the most part, created the standards for it. How many of us would like to be known as weak, feeble, or slack? We most likely would be insulted by such words. But God says that we are to "be still," which is defined in Hebrew with such words. God is the One who tells us not to put anything above or before Him in our lives, even our energy levels and activities.

Just as with a child, sometimes our attention must be captured by God using more drastic actions. I heard the Lord telling me to slow down but it took physical changes in my life before I began to listen and obey. All God wants is more of us. He wants to be with us and He wants our undivided attention when we are with Him. It is a command to "be still," to be weak and to be at rest, before our God. Take time today to stop and be still before the Lord. Pray that you can "know" that He is your Lord and Savior and that you can be with Him in stillness and peace. If you hear Him telling you to be still, then listen and obey and do not wait: start today.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Sep 2019, 1:33 pm

September 25

Today's Reading: Song of Solomon 6:1-17; Galatians 4

Today's Thoughts: Song of Love

Where has your lover gone, most beautiful of women? Which way did your lover turn, that we may look for him with you? - Song of Solomon 6:1

While reading the Song of Solomon, I can almost blush. The book is so intense regarding the extent of a love between a man and woman. There are times that the dialogue between the man and woman shift to the woman and her friends. Both sets of conversations focus on love, not the kind of love we associate with Jesus, but sexual love. The Song of Solomon talks about breasts and passion. I read the verses almost forgetting that I was reading the Bible.

I have heard scholars say that the Song of Solomon should not be in the Bible because Solomon's counsel about women is wrong. After all, he had 700 wives and 300 concubines and his behavior was certainly not biblical. They continue to say that Solomon's attitude toward women turned him away from the pure worship of God, so his counsel is as a heathen not as a believer. I have a difficult time with this thought because God would not have allowed it to make the cut into His Holy Word if He did not value the book. I have heard others say that the Song of Solomon represents the love that Jesus has for the church. He loves us as His bride and this love is a passionate and a self-sacrificial love. Personally, this is difficult to accept because the book is about sex. Can we equate Jesus' love for the church as sexual?

I believe that the Song of Solomon is as inspired by the Holy Spirit as every other book in the Bible. I also believe that Jesus loves us more than anyone else can, and we can draw similarities between His love for the church as His bride. But I also believe that the sexual love between a man and woman in marriage is godly. Sex was in the Garden before sin. God made a woman's body in such a way that Adam wanted her sexually. We sometimes spiritualize our desires too much and presume that sex, passion or the instincts of the body are sinful. Not true. Sex between a man and woman is normal and spiritual. It is that union that keeps them one and brings them together in intimacy.

God is not afraid of our sexuality. He wrote a book about it—the Song of Solomon. If you have not read it, try to read it without blushing. But while you are reading it, allow the Lord to minister to you in the areas that you need Him to intervene in your opinion and views about your sexuality. Do not hide these thoughts from Him; He already knows them. Include Him and He will do amazing things because He loves you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next