World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 7 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 7 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» UN halve estmate women and children killed Gaza
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:54 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:26 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:04 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:33 pm by Admin

» Question for you to CONSIDER
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:19 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:15 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 9:11 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:59 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 6:36 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 6:09 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 5:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 5:56 pm by Admin

» israelAM
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 5:25 pm by Admin

» Mother of Slain Hostage Is Spreading Love Amidst Grief
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 4:33 pm by Admin

» Pro P.A.Encampment Dublin University
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:52 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:45 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:17 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptySun 12 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptySun 12 May 2024, 5:32 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin Wed 26 May 2021, 9:51 pm

May 26, 2021 at 12:36 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  God’s Simplicity, Pt. 2

God’s Simplicity, Pt. 2

“Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” James 1:17

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 6:13-20

Our promises are unreliable. We say, “I’ll see you at 11:00” or “I’ll drop the kids off tomorrow,” and then we forget, show up late, or cancel. Our word isn’t very good because we’re not very good. No wonder so many of us struggle just to keep appointments, let alone keep the high standard of faithfulness we’re called to in our marriages, friendships, parenting, and work relationships. When we look closely at ourselves, we find the problem is our self-conflicted nature, our sinful hearts.

The good news of God’s simplicity is that since there is no sin in Him and since His attributes are never conflicted, His promises to be gracious to us are certain (as today’s Hebrews 6 reading tells us). In Jesus, God has gone “all in” to save you. There is no part of Him that second guesses the love He has for you.

This is why He has not only given a firm promise in the gospel to forgive us and grant us eternal life, but He also has sworn “by himself ” (vs. 13) to show us the absolute certainty of the promise. It’s that simple!

Insight: Standing on the promises of God our King…

It is our hopes and prayers that these devotions will bring people to Jesus as Savior and have a deeper meaningful relationship with the Lord.
If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:
https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=lVWtcmOoaZ9GZpaB-NmPMcxGFZNKEHz614BebUf4sI4vcg_jAcYtF6_524IQDwRGUw29G7CCHjK-bLKw

Or contact us by replying to this email.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 25 May 2021, 7:20 pm

May 25, 2021 at 2:09 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  God’s Simplicity, Pt. 1

God’s Simplicity, Pt. 1

“God is love.” 1 John 4:8

Scripture Focus: Romans 3:21-26

Simplicity is a familiar notion with people in our world today. We read articles and join groups about keeping life simple. We like the thought of simplicity in our homes and schedules. But the simplicity of God? That can be a bit more confusing.

Think of it like this: “On account of its absolute perfection, every attribute of God is identical with his essence” (Herman Bavinck, 2004). Therefore, God not only loves, but also He is love. Not only does He show justice; God is justice. Our righteous God is righteousness. While these attributes may be distinct, God is perfectly all of them.

Paul tells us that in the cross, God has proven His attributes are never in conflict. Rather, He is simultaneously gracious towards sinners and righteous in judging His Son on their behalf. He is at the same time “just and the one who justifies those who have faith in Jesus” (vs. 26). His simplicity teaches us that He “is love” (1 John 4:8) as well as “the truth” (John 14:6). That is the simplicity of God… and simply wonderful for you and me.

Insight: God Loves us and gave His Son for us.

It is our hopes and prayers that these devotions will bring people to Jesus as Savior and have a deeper meaningful relationship with the Lord.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you feel led to become a prayer partner or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:
https://www.paypal.com/donate?token=lVWtcmOoaZ9GZpaB-NmPMcxGFZNKEHz614BebUf4sI4vcg_jAcYtF6_524IQDwRGUw29G7CCHjK-bLKw

Or contact us by replying to this email

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 24 May 2021, 4:14 pm

May 24, 2021 at 1:30 AM CST
Topic: +DEV+  Unity: Oneness of Being

Unity: Oneness of Being

“Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.” Deuteronomy 6:4

Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 4:32-40

When two people have been married for a long time, not only are they able to describe easily the attributes of the other spouse, but also they begin to share some of those attributes. You might say they grow on each other. This Anchor month will look closely at the attributes of God, some of which we Christians also have and can grow in, and others of which belong to God alone.

We begin by considering the attribute of God’s unity. That is, God is one being. In Deuteronomy, Moses reminds Israel of God’s uniqueness and power, calling them to follow the one true God rather than the many false gods they were tempted to trust and love. Such gods have never performed the great deeds the Lord has.

Moses recounts that while the false gods never had the ability to speak to or deliver a beloved group of people, the Lord did so through many great acts, “by a mighty hand and an outstretched arm” (vs. 34). He did these “so that you might know that the LORD is God; besides him there is no other” (vs. 35). The one true God knows you!

Insight: Jesus loves me this I know… for the Bible tells me so…

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 17 May 2021, 3:37 pm

May 17, 2021 at 12:40 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Rest

Rest

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, …and you will find rest for your souls.” Matthew 11:28-29

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 40:28-31 

Do you feel weary? There are times when mental, physical, and spiritual exhaustion overwhelm us. We just need a break. Did you know that you can find true rest for your soul through the words of the Bible? God tells us there about a place of rest—a place we can know in part now and will know fully one day. 

From the beginning of creation, God has been showing us how to rest in Him. God even instituted the Sabbath, a day of rest. Many believers observe Sunday as the day of rest, a day set apart to enjoy God and His faithfulness. Reserving the first day of the week for the Lord gives us the strength and wisdom we need for what lies ahead. Our strength is renewed when we rest in Christ. 

Often the pressures of life shut out adequate sleep, rest, and meditation on the goodness and faithfulness of God. Do you make time to read the Bible? Each day, draw near to your Savior. Take time each week to rest and worship. Stop running; come to the One who is gentle and humble of heart and will give you rest. 

Insight: Come to Jesus and find your rest in Him, hear what He wants you to do and then go and do those things. (J.D. Greear)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 14 May 2021, 9:49 pm

May 13, 2021 at 2:50 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  God Is Love, Pt. 1

God Is Love, Pt. 1

"This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins."  1 John 4:10

Scripture Focus:  1 John 4

Ah, love. It makes us stop and think. It makes us dream. If we live life long enough, love also makes us a little cynical, especially if we've experienced heartbreak and love unreturned. That is likely what strikes us about love. We all long for more of it, yet we are afraid to believe there is a "love that will not let me go" (George Matheson, 1882). 

Because of God's aseity, He does not need anything from us in love. This is good news because it means that not only is He love-perfect love!-but also as He loves, He does not do so based on our loveliness or ability to love Him back. Indeed, "God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8). 

Unfortunately, our cynicism about love often sneaks into our relationship with the Lord. We're a bit suspicious of such promises; we're fragile in faith. Thankfully, in our distrust and weakness, we add nothing to His love. He loves us unconditionally even when we don't think He possibly could.

Insight: What makes you afraid to fully trust that God loves you unconditionally? What does the cross of Christ have to say to this?

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 13 May 2021, 5:40 pm

May 12, 2021 at 12:19 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Lost and Found

Lost and Found

"But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found."   Luke 15:32

Scripture Focus: Luke 15

I once had lost my favorite 20Oz coffee cup at a store (left it sitting on the checkout counter). It's funny how such a small thing can feel so important. I searched high and low for that cup, sent an email to the store, and returned the following day to search for it myself. I was about to give up on it when they called from the store saying they had indeed found a coffee cup. 

When I went back a couple days later, I was thrilled to find it was mine. The first thought that came to mind was, "Once was lost but now is found."  You may have had a similar experience at some time. Do you remember the delight you felt when your wallet or necklace or other material item was returned? Now magnify that joy a million or more times. 

That describes the elation of the father in Jesus' lost son parable. And it is only a glimmer of God's joy that abounds because He has found you and me!  Regardless of your social status, your title or occupation, or what country you live in, if you are in Christ Jesus, once you were lost and now you are found. 

INSIGHT: "Amazing grace! How sweet the sound/ That saved a wretch like me!/ I once was lost, but now am found;/ Was blind, but now I see." (John Newton, 1779)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 10 May 2021, 10:48 pm

Fear Not

"In God, whose word I praise, in the LORD, whose word I praise-in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"   Psalm 56:10-11
Scripture Focus: Psalm 56

The Bible encourages you to "fear not" many, many times. Some have even said a form of "fear not" can be found 365 times in the Bible, giving you a word of encouragement for each day of the year. Your heavenly Father knows that due to your sinful nature and the fallen world you live in, fear is eminent every day. 
He also knows that fear can strongly motivate or freeze you to the point of not thinking straight. Yet God calls you to trust in Him daily, regardless of the circumstances. Don't fear Him; He's not out to get you or trying to get even with you. Jesus already paid for every single sin of yours-past, present, and future-on the cross.  

To be a follower of Christ in a communist country such as Cuba is not easy. Many Cuban Christians do live in fear because of the consequences they may suffer for their faith. They, too, have received God's word to "fear not." The stakes are high when persecution, failures, or sickness come into play. 
But these are the moments when trusting in God becomes real and our faith becomes sight. 

Insight: "Christians must work through their faith and relationship with God to take away fear's control over them." (Rick Warren, 2014)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 03 Mar 2021, 3:53 pm

Topic: +DEV+  Faithfulness Fruit

Faithfulness Fruit

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law.” Galatians 5:22-23

Scripture Focus: Galatians 5:22-26

Our heavenly Father has demonstrated faithfulness to us and then called us to live in faithfulness. This is not about compulsion of the law. When we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, the result is fruit, evidence of His presence and work in us.

Paul wanted the believers at Galatia to understand and experience the freedom Christ purchased for them. He warned them that the goal of Christ- likeness was not obtained by human effort, but by the glorious mystery of the indwelling Christ.

Even after many years on my journey of faith, I still need this message. I’m one of those people who find acceptance and affirmation by helping, working, and serving. But I have to be watchful when pride and self-righteousness slip into my heart. I need to listen to the Spirit whispering, “What do you have that you have not received?” The fruit that I bear is a testimony to God’s faithfulness to me, not a testimony to my usefulness to others. 

My righteousness is as filthy rags, but I have been born anew and am a new creation in Jesus.

Insight: “But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare [his] praises...” (1 Peter 2:9)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 02 Mar 2021, 11:35 pm

March 02, 2021 at 12:45 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Compassions Never Fail

Compassions Never Fail

“Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23

Scripture Focus: Lamentations 3:21-32

As a new year unfolds I find myself dealing with regrets of my own over sins and rebellion from the past year.

How many times have I wounded others with words or actions? How often have I judged others? What about impure motives or other secret sins? I can become consumed over my failures to live out God’s love and truth.

But hope is found in the recognition of His love and compassion. The book of Lamentations is really an expression of grief over the consequences of the sin and rebellion of the nation of Israel. Despite it all, there are the mercies of God, new each day.

As I come to the Lord morning by morning, I find those mercies are available to me. They are there for you, too! Remember that Peter blatantly betrayed and denied Jesus, yet was fully forgiven. After the resurrection he was assured of Jesus’ love and acceptance. 

There is no greater gift than the gift of forgiveness. Thanks be to Jesus who loved us and gave Himself for us so that we can be forgiven and walk into this new year in fellowship with Him.

Insight: “If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O LORD, who could stand? But with you there is forgiveness; therefore you are feared.” (Psalm 130:3-4)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 01 Mar 2021, 11:29 pm

March 01, 2021 at 12:42 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  God’s Faithfulness

God’s Faithfulness

“I will sing of the LORD’s great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself.”

Psalm 89:1-2

Scripture Focus: Psalm 89

The words from that wonderful hymn given to us by Thomas O. Chisholm, “Great Is Thy Faithfulness,” declare that God is never-changing. As He has been He will forever be. Faithfulness must be tested and proven over a period of time. In Scripture we have that record of God’s faithfulness upon which we can build our lives.

Going through the Advent season in our western culture can be a challenge to our faith. Often in the flurry of activities and events, the wonder of Jesus becoming flesh and dwelling among us gets lost. Many of us face January recovering from the hurts and disappointments experienced in what was promised to be “the most wonderful time of the year.”

Keep Christ at the center of your life this year. Remember how much more faithful He is than anything our holiday festivities can offer. Consider making 2019 a year of praying and singing “Great is Thy Faithfulness” as you start each new day. “All I have needed Thy hand has provided/Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord, unto me!” Why would we ever look to another source?

Insight: On this first day of the New Year, let’s remember God’s faithfulness and move forward to faithfully present Jesus to our world.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 26 Feb 2021, 10:23 pm

February 25, 2021 at 2:10 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful Hearer

Faithful Hearer

"The angel of God called to Hagar from heaven and said to her, What is the matter, Hagar? Do not be afraid; God has heard the boy crying as he lies there " Genesis 21:17

Scripture Focus: Genesis 21

Suffering comes unbidden in some way at some point to all of us. Though the sorrows from war, famine, or natural disasters may not directly touch us, there are plenty of times that the choices of others around us do deeply affect our everyday lives. Hagar's life is a prime example of that. As a slave she was forced to bear a child without the covering of marriage. Later she was abandoned with her son and given only minimal provisions. When those were gone, she desperately called out to God. He heard her cry. 

This biblical account from thousands of years ago strikes a chord with many people today who have been abandoned in some way-perhaps by a spouse or by a parent or by a friend. I have seen others find the comfort that Jesus promises His followers. I've watched Him provide financially. I've witnessed faith tested and made stronger. God is touched by your burdens. 

If you are bearing the sorrow of feeling abandoned, cry out to Jesus, the ever-faithful One who hears your cry and answers with His faithful provision.

Insight: "Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." (Hebrews 4:16)

Michael D. Inman

February 26, 2021 at 12:50 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+ Faithful in Life and Death

Faithful in Life and Death

"The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want."  Psalm 23:1

Scripture Focus: Psalm 23

This familiar psalm of David proclaims God's faithfulness in all circumstances. Have you ever been so weary that you could hardly put one foot in front of the other? Ever pushed so hard that you nearly collapsed? Restoration of your soul would need to come somehow. Perhaps actually being in the green of nature or beside the quietness of a lake or stream helped revive you. But we won't always be able to find that sort of solitude. 
Often the work deadlines, the doctor appointments, the home repairs, the pile of bills, and the challenges of parenting will not let up. There's no getaway in sight. There will be only one place to run to, one place to be not in want, to be restored, guided, and comforted: in the presence of your faithful Lord and Shepherd, Jesus Christ. We will all walk through the valley of the shadow of death, but even there we can expect His presence. 

The light of eternity will shine into that dark tunnel as we move forward to the dwelling place of the Lord. And one day, we will be with Him forever.

Insight: Jesus said, "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest" (Matthew 11:28).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 24 Feb 2021, 9:56 pm

February 24, 2021 at 12:03 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  The Faithful Father

The Faithful Father

"But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and was filled with compassion for him; he ran to his son, threw his arms around him and kissed him."   Luke 15:20

Scripture Focus: Luke 15

Of all the stories Jesus told, the parable called "The Lost Son" is my favorite. Two sons appear in the story from which many life applications have been drawn. Who of us can't identify with the hard-working and reliable elder brother? We understand his bitterness and resentment, though they left him outside of the party. The greedy, self-seeking younger son was in no way presented as a role model, but some of us can identify with him anyway. 

The story reached a climactic point as he came to his senses, repented, and returned to his father with no expectations or anticipation of privilege. Actually, the main character in the story is the father. He demonstrates forgiveness, compassion, and extravagant love for both sons. Jesus was revealing the heart of our Heavenly Father, the Compassionate One who forsook all and came to earth to pursue us. 

While the running father in the parable left behind all propriety, reputation, and status to go after his son, our faithful Father left the splendor of heaven to rescue us.

Insight: "How deep the Father's love for us/ How vast beyond all measure/ That He should give His only Son/ To make a wretch His treasure." (Stuart Townend, 1995)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 23 Feb 2021, 11:45 pm

February 23, 2021 at 1:35 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Faithful to Forgive

Faithful to Forgive

"Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin."   Psalm 51:1

Scripture Focus: Psalm 51

While many people listed in Old and New Testament genealogies are not well known, others are quite familiar and memorable. One such person is David, listed in the book of Matthew in the genealogy of Jesus Christ. The stories about David are numerous: the boy who killed the giant, the shepherd boy, the friend, the warrior, and the king. Bethlehem is known as the city of David. 

But David did not live a spotless life. He did, in fact, commit adultery and murder, among other sins. Yet he is referred to in the Bible as a man after God's own heart (see 1 Samuel 13:14). When confronted by the prophet Nathan, he acknowledged his sinfulness. His Psalm 51 prayer reflects the heart of humility that led to repentance and restoration. How beautiful the spirit of humility is. It softens hearts, heals broken relationships, restores respect, and renews intimacy with our Lord.

Jesus taught His disciples to pray, "Forgive us our debts as we also have forgiven our debtors." Pride dissipates when there is humility of heart.

Insight: "If my people, will humble themselves and pray, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I, forgive their sin." (2 Chronicles 7:14)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 22 Feb 2021, 6:05 pm

February 22, 2021 at 12:16 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+. Faithful Provider

Faithful Provider

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear."   Luke 12:22

Scripture Focus: Luke 12

Jesus' words call us to recognize that life is about more than the basic necessities. His beautiful word pictures in the text about the birds of the air making no provision for their needs but being fed by God, and the lilies and grasses growing without self-effort are reminders of His care. Presently, daily provision is not a consuming worry in my life. However, there was a time when it was. 

I had left the military world to enter civilian life when we had two small children, and other financial demands. When a broken refrigerator or unexpected car repair popped up, I could plunge into anxiety. But I found what I needed in Paul's words to the Philippians: "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus" (4:6-7). 

Living in that truth has resulted in seeing God's faithfulness in tangible, practical ways.

Insight: "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." (Matthew 7:7)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 21 Feb 2021, 10:42 pm

February 21, 2021 at 2:25 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+. Faithfulness Fruit

Faithfulness Fruit

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law."   Galatians 5:22-23

Scripture Focus: Galatians 5

Our heavenly Father has demonstrated faithfulness to us and then called us to live in faithfulness. This is not about compulsion of the law. When we have the Holy Spirit dwelling in us, the result is fruit, evidence of His presence and work in us. Paul wanted the believers at Galatia to understand and experience the freedom Christ purchased for them. 

He warned them that the goal of Christ- likeness was not obtained by human effort, but by the glorious mystery of the indwelling Christ. Even after many years on my journey of faith, I still need this message. I'm one of those people who find acceptance and affirmation by helping, working, and serving. But I have to be watchful when pride and self-righteousness slip into my heart. I need to listen to the Spirit whispering, "What do you have that you have not received?" 

The fruit that I bear is a testimony to God's faithfulness to me, not a testimony to my usefulness to others. My righteousness is as filthy rags, but I have been born anew and am a new creation in Jesus.

Insight: "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare [his] praises..." (1 Peter 2:9)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 17 Feb 2021, 11:42 pm

GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame Member, CARMAN, Iconic CCM Trailblazer, Dies at Las Vegas Hospital

LAS VEGAS, Nev. (February 16, 2021) - GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame member, CARMAN, passed away Tuesday, February 16, 2021 at a Las Vegas, Nevada hospital, after fighting a series of complications resulting from surgery to repair a hiatal hernia. 

Carman Dominic Licciardello, known to fans worldwide as “Carman,” was 65.

Born January 19, 1956 in Trenton, New Jersey, Carman began his musical career playing drums in his mother’s band at the age of 15. Carman holds the world record for having the largest audience to see a single Christian artist. He set the record for the largest concert at Texas Stadium with more than 71,000 fans and led more than 80,000 fans in worship in Chattanooga, Tennessee.

Among his many awards, Carman received the House of Hope of Humanitarian Award for his positive influence in the lives of American youth in 2006, other noted recipients of this award include Ronald & Nancy Reagan and Billy Graham. The Gospel Music Association honored Carman with induction into the GMA Gospel Music Hall of Fame in 2018. Billboard named Carman “Contemporary Christian Artist of the Year” in 1992 and 1995, and in 1993, his album, Addicted to Jesus, earned the distinction of Contemporary Christian Album of the Year. Carman was Grammy-nominated multiple times as the Best Pop Contemporary Gospel Artist. His recording, “A Long Time Ago in a Land Called Bethlehem” was nominated for “Album of the Year” by the Recording Academy in 1986.

In 1985, the release of his first #1 song, "The Champion," solidified his place in music history and defined his soul-winning career as one of endurance, grit, dedication, and pure talent. Anyone who knew Carman knows that he counted only this as his greatest lifetime achievement – winning millions of souls to Christ.

Matt Felts, Carman's manager, states: "When Carman resumed touring again a few years ago, he was concerned that no one would care that he was back. He was wrong. Every night fans packed out venues and his ministry was as powerful as it ever was. This world has lost a light in the darkness but today Carman saw first hand the fruit of his labors.

Carman was planning to embark on a 60-city tour later this month.

For more information, go to CarmanOnTour.com.

Media Contact:
Aaron Crisler 
Conduit Media

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 12 Feb 2021, 11:26 pm

February 12, 2021 at 12:30 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  God’s Faithfulness

God's Faithfulness

"I will sing of the LORD's great love forever; with my mouth I will make your faithfulness known through all generations. I will declare that your love stands firm forever, that you established your faithfulness in heaven itself." Psalm 89:1-2   

Scripture Focus: Psalm 89

The words from that wonderful hymn given to us by Thomas O. Chisholm, "Great Is Thy Faithfulness," declare that God is never-changing. As He has been He will forever be. Faithfulness must be tested and proven over a period of time. In Scripture we have that record of God's faithfulness upon which we can build our lives. Going through the Advent season in our western culture can be a challenge to our faith. Often in the flurry of activities and events, the wonder of Jesus becoming flesh and dwelling among us gets lost. 

Many of us face February recovering from the hurts and disappointments experienced in what was promised to be "the most wonderful time of the year." Keep Christ at the center of your life this year. Remember how much more faithful He is than anything our holiday festivities can offer. Consider making 2021 a year of praying and singing "Great is Thy Faithfulness" as you start each new day. 

"All I have needed Thy hand has provided/Great is Thy Faithfulness, Lord, unto me!" Why would we ever look to another source?

Insight: On this day of 2021, let's remember God's faithfulness and move forward to faithfully present Jesus to our world

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 10 Feb 2021, 10:56 pm

February 10, 2021 at 12:35 AM CST
Topic: +DEV+  Gift of Tomorrow
The Gift of Tomorrow

"Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes."  James 4:14

Scripture Focus: James 4

A few times in my life I have had the opportunity to awaken to freshly fallen snow. The little boy in me still enjoys the thought of making that first set of footprints in the perfect, white wonderland. It's like a blank canvas I claim to create on however I choose. The New Year is a bit like that. The freshness God gives us as each year rolls around is exciting. What do we want to do differently, better, more of ? It's as if all the regrets, failures, and griefs of 2020 will be covered in a blanket of pure white so we can start over come tomorrow morning. 

People around the world had been ringing in the New Year with parties, champagne, and kisses at midnight. Let's bring it in with the acknowledgement that this year belongs to God. Daily let's equip ourselves to be who He has called us to be. Our time on this earth may vanish in 2021, so let's run with perseverance the race marked out for us, fixing our eyes on Jesus (Hebrews 12:1-2). 

Swing open wide the front door and run out into the freshly fallen snow to tread where God takes you.

Insight: Lord, the year ahead is a gift from You. Nothing that happens in it will surprise You. Prepare us to honor You to the fullest! Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 09 Feb 2021, 10:52 pm

February 9, 2021 at 12:30 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Gift of Reflection

Gift of Reflection

"Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on." Philippians 3:13  

Scripture Focus: Philippians 3

Something feels significant about ending a year and embarking on a new one. It has that feeling of crossing a finish line, of completing a degree, of reaching the top. Yet at the same time we know clearly there are more races to run and more mountains to climb. Reflect back on what this past year has held. Have you been changed and shaped in some way by all that has transpired? Did you tackle the impossible? Did you make a difference at all? Did you give up too soon? 

When we start to inventory the year, it becomes evident for many of us that we didn't change the world. Things may have remained pretty much status quo. There is much we can learn by reflecting on our shortcomings. Our mistakes teach us a lot. God is refining us. What looks like the crumbs or broken remains of our failures is the very stuff God uses. From the beginning of time, He has been making something out of nothing. 

He will surely do the same with the year that is behind you. Now watch and see what He has in store for the year ahead!
Insight: Father, thank You for another year of serving You. Continue to sharpen me for Your kingdom and Your purpose. Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 08 Feb 2021, 11:55 pm

February 8, 2021 at 2:05 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  The Gift of Plugging In

The Gift of Plugging In

"And I pray that you, may have power, to know this love that surpasses knowledge-that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."  Ephesians 3:17b-19

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 3

Power runs mightily through an extension cord, if it is plugged in. It's of very little use, though, without the power source. When you plug the cord into a power source on one side, power comes out the other side. You might think of our life in Christ in these terms. You and I were created to be plugged into God, our power source. Only when we're plugged into Him do we release purpose and His power into those around us. 

Each day we plug into Him and then pour His power, love, grace, forgiveness, freedom, and encouragement into others. If we don't utilize the source of power God has freely given us, we are wasting His birth, His life, His death, and His resurrection. How can you plug into God more today? Take time to pray, to read His Word, to extend yourself to those around you, and to feel the powerful presence of Jesus coursing through you. 

That power will make known to you how "wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ" (vs. 18). With that power surging through, you'll light up each day for Jesus.

Insight: Jesus, You are my source of power and of all things good. Let your love flow through me and into the lives of others today. Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 05 Feb 2021, 5:18 pm

Feb 4, 2021,  at 12:13 AM CST

Topic:  +DEV+  Giving Myself

Giving Myself

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails."   Proverbs 19:21

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 19

It's not easy to do so in a world that constantly competes for my attention, but I want to give God all of me. While I may be pulled in many directions, I come back to the needs of my family and friends. No one can parent my child like I can. No one can love my spouse as well as I do. No one can have exactly the impact for God's kingdom that I have. Did you ever think of that? Giving yourself to God is reflected in how you give yourself to others. 

When we're distracted, frustrated, or angry, it seems we have very little to give to those around us. Our tank is empty. It is precisely then that the second phrase of Proverbs 19:21 brings great comfort. Our plans may be undermined by weakness and sin, but the Lord's purpose prevails. Even when the plans in our hearts falter, God's do not. We have the most wonderful display of His prevailing purposes in the Christmas story. He gave His only Son-His very all-so that we'd forever know His gift beyond measure. 
The Gift came wrapped in swaddling cloths; the Gift came for us.

Insight: God help me to be who You've called me to be. May no opportunity slip through the crevices of this day because I am Yours. Amen

Michael D. Inman

February 5, 2021 at 1:39 AM CST

Topic: +DEV+  Gift of Encouragement

Gift of Encouragement

"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing."  1 Thessalonians 5:11

Scripture Focus:Scripture Focus:

Every day we are given the choice to build people up or tear them down through our words. If, as the dictionary says, encouragement is something "that makes someone more determined, hopeful or confident," why wouldn't I want to do that? Wouldn't I want my loved ones to be more determined, more confident, and more hopeful? We are going to pour something into our families and others each day. 

The question is, "What will it be?" Will you give words of life and encouragement, and expressions of kindness? Or will you tear down and discourage? Unfortunately, both come freely from the same tongue (see James 3:10). We all have influence that may be positive or negative. God calls us to build others up, not tear them down. Paul asked the Philippian people the same question I ask you today: have you experienced any encouragement from being united with Christ? Of course you have! 

Open up the Bible and read not only encouraging particular passages, but the whole expanse of the Word with the encouraging theme of His love for you and His plan to redeem you.

Insight: Lord, help us be givers of life and safe harbors of peace. Guard and guide our words so that we can encourage others to seek after You. Amen1

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 03 Feb 2021, 10:23 pm

Feb 3, 2021,  at 12:01 AM CST

+DEV+  Leadership Gift

Leadership Gift

"For even the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."  Mark 10:45

Scripture Focus: Mark 10

We are all leaders, in one way or another. Good leaders are well-equipped. What army would want to follow a captain who didn't have his act together? Perhaps God has placed you as a leader over someone. If you are a parent, your followers are your children. If you are a teacher, your followers are your students. If you are an employer, your followers are your workers. As a Christian, your followers could be anyone seeing how you live out your faith. 

Whatever kind of leadership situation you are in, the thing that will speak louder than any number of "habits of highly effective leaders" is something the world wouldn't expect. It's servanthood. When the King of all creation came down to this earth at what we call the first Christmas, He came taking on the form of a servant. My kids watch what I do as a leader in our home-the good things and the bad! But they also watch how I serve them and their father, leading by serving. 

What a gift we have been given, that our Leader came to serve us and to give His life for us.

Insight: Lord, as You give us the gift of leadership, help those following us see You first and foremost. Help us to lead by serving. Amen

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 01 Feb 2021, 8:28 pm

January 31, 2021 at 1:57 AM CST

+DEV+  Overflow with Hope

Overflow with Hope

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13   

Scripture Focus:  2 Corinthians 1:3-7

We hold onto that which gives us hope. But in times of suffering, it can seem like hope is slipping away. While I used to be full of plans and hopes, I see that now I often feel quite hopeless. Holding tightly to hope is shown in the story of Natan Sharonsky, a Jewish Russian who was a Soviet prisoner for nine years near Siberia in the '70s and '80s. Confined to an 8'x10' cell, Sharonsky one day saw a copy of Pravda which condemned Ronald Reagan for calling the Soviet Union an "evil empire." 

This news spread like wildfire through the prison; ecstatic prisoners tapped it out on walls and found other covert means to communicate it. "Finally, the leader of the free world had spoken the truth-a truth that burned inside the heart of each and every one of us" (1988). 

We have a word of truth to carry us through forever: the truth of Jesus' death and resurrection. It burns a hope inside our hearts so that while we suffer, our hope in Christ is unshaken. Through Him, not only will we survive, but also we'll overflow in hope.

Insight: Lord, may the truth of Jesus' death and resurrection burn inside of us and be the source of our daily hope, even as we suffer. Amen.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 29 Jan 2021, 9:59 pm

Date: January 29, 2021 at 2:03 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The Spirit, Not Power

The Spirit, Not Power

"And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you."  Romans 8:11 

Scripture Focus: Zechariah 3, Romans 8

The prophet Zechariah's message to the returning exiles involved rebuilding the temple. But unlike Haggai, Zechariah did not speak to a stubborn, selfish people. His audience, instead, was afraid, confused, and not feeling up to the task. Their temple was so much smaller than Solomon's-which Nebuchadnezzar had destroyed. They felt they lacked the strength to complete even a small temple. 

By reminding them of the Spirit's power, Zechariah assured them that the job would get done. Behind their objection, though, was a bigger problem. It's what's behind all of our problems: sin. Even a nicely rebuilt, fully-functional temple would not address their real need. They would never obey perfectly. Zechariah had a bigger solution for them. He prophesied words of hope about a coming Branch, a perfect High Priest who would remove the sins of the people in a single day (Zech. 3:9). 

We know His name. It's Jesus, who saved all of His people one day on the cross. His salvation is ours, not by our might, but by faith and by His Spirit.

Insight: "Like living stones, [you] are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God." (1 Peter 2:5)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Jan 2021, 10:52 pm

date: January 28, 2021 at 1:37 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The Spirit with Us

The Spirit with Us

"For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear; but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, Abba, Father." Romans 8:15

Scripture Focus: Romans 8

When the prophet Haggai came on the scene, a later generation of the first Israelite exiles was brought back home. They were a tiny band of survivors, still subject to foreign kings and generally hated by the people of the land. They had every reason to be anxious about how things would go. Still, Haggai's message to them (and to us today!) is one of hope, because the Spirit of the Lord is with them. Referring back to the exodus from Egypt, Haggai reminds the people that God's promises are everlasting. 

When you're facing uncertainty, take yourself back to the memories of how God has kept you safe, has guided you, and has been faithful to His promises. God told His people to rebuild the temple. They were reluctant because doing so would mark them as "different." But that is exactly why they must do it! They should be proud, not ashamed, of a God who has loved them so faithfully. You and I also need not fear how the world receives us. 

The Spirit of the Lord is not only in our midst; He is in our hearts, mighty to save.

Insight: The Spirit will abide with the true church forevermore. This is our hope for the present struggle. The Spirit of God remains with us. (Charles H. Spurgeon, 1918)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next