World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:26 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:24 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 7:47 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 7:40 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:52 pm by Admin

»  So You Think You Can Lose It?
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm by Admin

» Joe Biden Smoking Gun
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 5:44 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:20 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:18 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:15 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 3:48 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 4 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin on Tue 17 Mar 2020, 10:15 pm

Water from a Rock

"He opened the rock, and water gushed out; like a river it flowed in the desert."  Psalm 105:41

Scripture Focus: Psalm 105

As commanded by the Lord, the Israelites came to camp in a place with no water. Though it's true that they needed water, they did not need to quarrel with Moses about it, as Exodus 17 says they did. They had forgotten the works of God. They didn't trust Him to meet their need. They were angry even to the point of stoning Moses. 

Oh, the patience of God with the Israelites, and with us! Sometimes we also quarrel with each other in our need, as if anyone but God could slake our thirst. He alone is faithful to provide. Think about the word "gushed" from Psalm 105. In the desert, completely depleted of our own resources, we are more reliant on the Lord than ever. When He provides, water doesn't just trickle out of the rock; it gushes! Submit to the times of bareness the Lord has ordained, and allow God to meet you. He abundantly supplies your needs in Jesus (see Philippians 4:19). 

It's tempting to run to distractions, people, addictions-wells that have no water. Run to the Rock instead, the One who was struck and crucified for you.

Insight: "My people have, forsaken me, the spring of living water, and have dug their own cisterns, broken cisterns that cannot hold water." (Jeremiah 2:13)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 16 Mar 2020, 10:59 pm

Date: March 15, 2020 at 10:13 PM

Topic: +DEV+  Watching Expectantly

Watching Expectantly

"Why do you stand here looking into the sky? This same Jesus, who has been taken from you into heaven, will come back in the same way you have seen him go into heaven."   Acts 1:11

Scripture Focus: Acts 1

During the solar eclipse in August of 2017, many eyes looked to the sky to see this extraordinary event. People traveled far anticipating a better look at the eclipse, bringing their special glasses and telescopes with them. A friend noted that the world might be a different place if, as believers, we could be as serious about preparing for Christ's return one day from heaven. 

His comment caused me to think about how I'd respond if I were told when and where Jesus would return. Of course, no one knows the exact date or time, but we need to be ready. Fortunately, special glasses and handy viewing boxes are not necessary to watch for Jesus' coming. The best preparation for His return is to do as He said: "Be on guard! Be alert!" (Mark 13:33) I can also "be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have" (1 Peter 3:15), so others may be prepared as well. 

Are you getting ready for Jesus' return? It will truly be the biggest, most extraordinary event to ever occur on this planet.

Insight: "Marvelous message we bring,/ Glorious carol we sing,/ Wonderful word of the King,/ Jesus is coming again!" (John W. Peterson, 1957)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 13 Mar 2020, 12:32 am

Date: March 12, 2020 at 12:58 AM

Topic: +DEV+  We'd Expect Obedience

We'd Expect Obedience
"There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death."  Proverbs 14:12

Scripture Focus: Proverbs 14

Out of desperation, a man with leprosy had the courage to approach Jesus to be healed. The man knew Jesus could heal him, but would Jesus see such an outcast as worthy of healing? Yes! Jesus not only healed him, but He also touched him. The touch wasn't necessary for healing; it was to show His compassion and authority. Jesus touched an untouchable, and changed the leper's life. 

After this miracle, Jesus strongly warned the man to remain silent. We'd expect, in his changed life, he would willingly obey. But in direct disobedience, the man left and shared his story widely. Perhaps his joy was more than he could contain. Or maybe he just wanted to point others to Jesus. Still the fact remains: he disobeyed. 

This story makes me wonder how often I go ahead and do something for God, even when it's not His way. Maybe I think I'm doing God a favor, but I'm really running ahead and not listening to His call and timing. There is joy when I trust and obey what He says. Lord, whatever you ask, give us wisdom and courage to obey.

Insight: "Trust and obey, for there's no other way/ to be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey." (John H. Sammis, 1887)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 11 Mar 2020, 10:58 pm

Parents Expectations

"Then Samson prayed to the Lord, 'O Sovereign LORD, remember me. O God, please strengthen me just once more, and let me with one blow get revenge on the Philistines."  Judges 16:28

Samson's parents raised their Nazarite son as the Lord commanded. Manoah and his wife watched Samson grow in the Spirit of the Lord. They probably marveled at God's wondrous gift to them. An angel had told them that their son would deliver Israel from the Philistines, but when Samson married a Philistine woman, he seemed to be straying from the plan. 

Wasn't he supposed to deliver from the enemy, not be involved with them? What went wrong? In God's plan, nothing was wrong at all. He was working through Samson's life to confront the Philistines (14:4). Though Samson let his passions guide him more than the Lord's Spirit, God faithfully used him in the end to conquer the enemy. We have a son who for a time rebelled and "strayed from the plan." I recall wondering how Samson's parents must have felt when their boy didn't deliver Israel as they envisioned. 

Sometimes we just can't see what God is doing in the life of a child or loved one. Trust Him to the end; He's working in all our wayward situations, fulfilling His promises.

Insight: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." (Proverbs 3:5)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 10 Mar 2020, 11:23 pm

Date: March 10, 2020 at 3:02 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Timely Expectations

Timely Expectations

"One day, after Moses had grown up, he went out to where his own people were and watched them at their hard labor. He saw an Egyptian beating a Hebrew, one of his own people."   Exodus 2:11

Scripture Focus: Exodus 2

We hear that timing is everything. Moses was saved as a baby. He was adopted by Pharaoh's daughter so he could grow to be strong and wise. God was preparing Moses to deliver the Israelites. When Moses saw the injustice which was inflicted upon the Israelites, he took the lead and stepped in to deliver them. 

But God's way was not murder, and God's timing was not immediate deliverance. Moses didn't expect a 40-year time-out in the desert, but this was exactly what God used to mold him into the humble leader necessary for delivering His people from Pharaoh (Numbers 12:3). 

There was a time when I had great expectations for ministry. I intended to be a church pastor, to be soldier for God's kingdom, and I wanted to do it my way. The Lord gave me a desert time-out that broke me, and ultimately built me up to know and trust Him even more. 

Our God is faithful to fulfill His calling in ways we do not imagine. Trust Him with your life, even when it means delayed or altered plans. He is faithfully preparing you in His perfect timing.

Insight: "He has made everything beautiful in its time." (Ecclesiastes 3:11)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 06 Mar 2020, 1:52 pm

Date: March 5, 2020 at 11:43 PM
Topic: +DEV+  Praying Expectantly

Praying Expectantly

"I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me?"   Jeremiah 32:27

Scripture Focus: Jeremiah 32

Peter was in prison, and the believers were praying earnestly for his release. Did they expect him to be miraculously freed overnight? Actually, it seems not, because when Peter knocked on the door, no one believed it was really him (Acts 12:15). They were "astonished" when he entered the room. God had answered their prayers in a much bigger way than they expected. 

My friend Jane (not her real name) and her family faced some financial challenges while they were providing hospice care for her husband. They were able to make ends meet during a difficult time until their only working car died. This unexpected expense sent Jane crying out to the Lord. 

A few days later, her friend drove up and said she wanted to give Mary's family a car they were no longer using. Mary was astonished! God had answered her cry in a far bigger way than she expected. Though your request seems impossible, keep praying your prayers in faith. 

The Lord knows what you need and when you need it. Why even be astonished at His lavish goodness? Is anything too hard for Him?

Insight: "Never make the blunder of trying to forecast the way God is going to answer your prayer." (Oswald Chambers, 1935)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 05 Mar 2020, 11:01 pm

Date: March 5, 2020 at 1:03 AM

Spirit Revelations

"I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and I heard behind me a loud voice like the sound of a trumpet, saying, 'Write in a book what you see, and send it to the seven churches.'” – Revelation 1:10-11 NASB

How can we be ready to receive revelations from God? As we examine John’s life, we see that revelations started flowing while he was “in the Spirit.”

In that moment, he was filled with the Spirit, in tune with the Spirit, and sensitive to the Spirit. He was ready to hear because he was focused on God and His Word and freed from the control of the flesh and the world. And he was clean and forgiven in God’s sight.

Revelations kept coming. As John delivered messages to the seven churches, seven times he wrote, “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches” (Revelation 2:7, 11, 17, 29; 3:6, 13, 22). He knew these were messages from the Spirit that no one could understand without spiritual discernment. And it was while he was “in the Spirit” that John saw a throne “standing in Heaven, and One sitting on the throne” (Revelation 4:2).

The Bible assures us that God wants to give us more revelations and a deeper understanding into His Word in order to equip us, to help us receive more of His power, and to use us more in the lives of others.

What should you do? Seek to be more sensitive to His Spirit. Seek Him more intensely. Crave His presence. Fill your life with His Word. Pray. Listen and be ready to hear God speak to you through His Spirit.

Prayer
Holy Spirit, I seek Your presence. Teach me Your truths. Speak to me. Guide me. Help me to hear Your voice. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Extended Reading

Revelation 1

Topic: +DEV+  Expect God's Victory

Expect God's Victory

"Then Job replied to the LORD: I know that you can do all things; no plan of yours can be thwarted."  Job 42:1-2

Scripture Focus: Job 42

Job was wealthy and respected by those around him, and he was "blameless and upright" in God's eyes. However, in the span of one day, the Lord allowed Job to lose his servants, his livestock, and his sons and daughters. Soon after he was struck with physical illness. This is not how we expect God to treat those who trust Him, is it? 

Sometimes it's hard to understand what God is allowing. Parents who trained their son to love and know God now find their son in prison. A single friend delights in the Lord and desires marriage but has no husband. A godly young mom with three children loses her husband to cancer. These are the real situations of life. It would be easy for these and other hardships to make us question what God is doing. 

Take encouragement as you see the end of Job's story. Although he suffered much, God spoke to Job and brought him into a deeper relationship with Him (42:5). God's plan is always good. You may face dark circumstances, but the Light of the World is near. And He will never be defeated.

Insight: "I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth." (Job 19:25)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 04 Mar 2020, 6:26 pm

Date: March 3, 2020 at 11:51 PM

Topic: +DEV+  Unexpected Dangers

Unexpected Dangers

"Then Queen Esther answered, If I have found favor with you, O king, and if it pleases your majesty, grant me my life-this is my petition. And spare my people-this is my request."  Esther 7:3

Scripture Focus: Esther 7

Esther faced a fearful situation. She was asked to speak to the king to save her people, but the only way to do this was when the king summoned her. Since it had been 30 days since she'd been called in, it could mean death for her to appear without the king's invitation. She begged her people to pray for her because the expectation of death was very real, and then Esther bravely approached the king to save her people. 

In 2014, there was a great need for doctors to treat Ebola patients in Liberia. The risks were high, yet medical missionary teams responded to help save people's lives. After two members of the team contracted the deadly disease, Franklin Graham was asked to comment and said, "I think when there's a crisis, God wants us to be there. He doesn't want us to run away. 

God has put us there for a reason, and He expects us to do something about it." Wherever the Lord has placed you, may you rise up in faith and answer His call. It may not necessarily mean you'll risk death, but you may indeed save a life.

Insight: "[There is] a message that, the church needs to hear right now: to act out of love instead of reacting out of fear." (Dr. Kent Brantly, 2014)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 02 Mar 2020, 9:51 pm

Date: March 2, 2020 at 1:58 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Fleeing Expectations

Fleeing Expectations

"You have heard that it was said, Love your neighbor and hate your enemy. But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."  Matthew 5:43-44

Scripture Focus: Matthew 5

Jonah was called by God to preach a message of repentance to a city of Gentiles. Although these people were Israel's enemies and were known to be brutal, it wasn't fear of them that caused Jonah to flee. He knew that if he preached to the Ninevites, they might repent of their wickedness, and God would mercifully withhold judgment. 

He didn't want God to give them grace; he wanted them to be judged! 

With all the divisions that exist in our culture today, we often have wrong expectations of what people are like or what we think they deserve. Like Jonah, we don't want God to bless those who are opposed to us. But if we want to avoid a "belly of the fish" experience ourselves, we must remember that God's heart is to show mercy to all people, even our enemies. How do you view the people around you who are very different from you? When you begin to feel like Jonah did with the Ninevites, don't flee. Pause and pray, knowing the boundless grace God has shown you. 

You may be His instrument to show that grace to those who need Him most.

Insight: Rather than fleeing God's call to reach a lost world, face the world with His love.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 28 Feb 2020, 8:32 pm

Date: February 28, 2020 at 2:24 AM

Topic: +DEV+  An Unexpected Encounter

An Unexpected Encounter

"At this, she turned around and saw Jesus standing there, but she did not realize that it was Jesus."  John 20:14

Scripture Focus: John 20

Though Mary expected to see Jesus as she went to the tomb, she certainly did not anticipate seeing Him alive. She'd come with spices to properly anoint His body. His appearance was so unexpected, she didn't even recognize Him until He spoke. Jesus still wonderfully comes in ways we do not expect. 

In Flat River we had a creative and enthusiastic pastor who was an inspiration to me. When we met, he shared with us how most of his life he'd been a mining engineer who was skeptical of Christianity. One Sunday as he was taking a walk, he happened to pass a church while people were going in. He was intrigued and entered to see what foolish ideas were being presented. Instead of "foolishness," he heard the gospel. God spoke to his heart, and he trusted Jesus as his Savior. It was truly an unexpected encounter with the Lord! 

Where might you encounter Jesus? He comes unexpectedly in your time of loss, difficulty, or confusion. He'll meet you where you are, even if you have been avoiding Him. May He surprise you today.

Insight: "Open our eyes, Lord; we want to see Jesus; to reach out and touch Him; and say that we love Him." (Robert Cull, 1976)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 27 Feb 2020, 5:52 pm

Date: February 27, 2020 at 12:26 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Unexpected Battle Plans

Unexpected Battle Plans

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."  Ephesians 6:12

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 6

These are turbulent times. News reports abound with disasters, divisions, and despair. As the battle is raging, how would God have us respond? Scripture demonstrates that the Lord uses some unusual tactics in warfare. Gideon's story was one example of God's unexpected warfare strategies. 

God chose the runt of the weakest clan for a leader and then pared his forces down to 300 men to match an army of 135,000. Rather than swords, Gideon and his men were using torches in pitchers with trumpets as their weapons. With these unusual orders, anyone might be fearful, but God graciously gave Gideon confirmation of victory. He then went forth in the strength of the Lord (Judges 7:13-15). Can we apply this same strategy to our difficulties? Yes! Whatever spiritual battles are raging around you, go forth in the strength of the Lord. 

When you face the challenges of the world with the light of Christ shining brightly, when you sound the trumpet call of the gospel, you point a desperate world to Jesus. He alone is our Victor!

Insight: "God must do it, it is His own work. But we are not to be idle; instrumentality is to be used." (Charles Spurgeon, 1865)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 26 Feb 2020, 11:03 pm

Date: February 26, 2020 at 1:53 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Outward Expectations

Outward Expectations

"Do not consider his appearance or his height, for I have rejected him. The LORD does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."  1 Samuel 16:7

Scripture Focus: 1 Samuel 16

Although he was the youngest of many brothers, it was the shepherd boy, David, whom God chose to be king. David's father never even called him in to be considered for the anointing. Samuel saw the oldest brother, Eliab, as the prime candidate. But the Lord reminded Samuel that the heart matters more than looks. 

How easily we respond like Samuel. Don't we often look at outward appearances with all our unrealistic expectations? A church elder told us about a time he brought a friend with cerebral palsy to a church meeting. This young man could only speak through a communication board, so the meeting went on without its members taking much notice of him. At one point, he started to make a noise, so they turned and asked him to be quiet. After another noise, he began to spell a response. The insightful comment he shared humbled the whole group. This man was used by the Lord to turn the tide of the discussion. 

Their focus turned from his disability to his ability. May we learn to see people not by outward appearances but by the heart, as Jesus has seen us.

Insight: "There is no one who is insignificant in the purpose of God." (Alistair Begg, 2017)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 26 Feb 2020, 1:02 am

Date: February 25, 2020 at 2:47 AM

Topic: +DEV+  An Unexpected Test

An Unexpected Test

"By faith Abraham, when God tested him, offered Isaac as a sacrifice. He who had received the promises was about to sacrifice his one and only son."   Hebrews 11:17

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 11

Abraham and Sarah had waited more than 25 years for this boy through whom all God's promises of future offspring were to come. How could the Lord ask Abraham to sacrifice Isaac? Isn't the practice of child sacrifice against His very nature? I doubt Abraham expected a test like this; it was so uncharacteristic of our God. What must have gone through Abraham's mind on that three-day journey as he was obeying God? 

If I had been Isaac's father and was asked where the lamb was, I would have said, "Good question." But through the years of experiencing His faithful provision, Abraham had grown close with the Lord, so close that he knew God had a plan which could be trusted. So when Isaac inquired, Abraham confidently answered, "God will provide" (Genesis 22:8). The Lord will never test us beyond what we can bear (1 Corinthians 10:13). He tested Abraham this way after many years of walking together. 

Abraham had confidence in God because he not only knew of Him, but he also knew the Lord intimately. How well do you know our faithful God?

Insight: "If you wish to know God, you must know his Word." Charles Spurgeon (1834-1892)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 24 Feb 2020, 2:36 pm

Date: February 24, 2020 at 12:10 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Fleeing Expectations

Fleeing Expectations

"I went away full, but the LORD has brought me back empty... The Lord has afflicted me; the Almighty has brought misfortune upon me."  Ruth 1:21

Scripture Focus: Ruth 1

When Naomi and her husband fled from Israel to Moab, they expected to avoid the anguish a famine would bring. Instead Naomi experienced more heartache than she could have imagined. Both her sons married foreigners, her husband died, and then her sons died also. In her state of insufferable pain, she told the people around her that the Lord had made her life bitter (vs. 12-13). 

If the story had ended there, it would appear to be true. But God did not leave Naomi in her despair. As she returned to Bethlehem, the Lord graciously worked to show His care for her. He was the matchmaker for her daughter-in-law, Ruth, who gave birth to King David's grandfather. This child placed Naomi in an honorable position - in the genealogy of the coming Messiah! Now her friends were exclaiming, "Praise be to the LORD, who this day has not left you" (4:14). 

Is your life marked by emptiness and bitterness?? Do you feel, as Naomi did, that God is to blame? The Lord brought Naomi from sorrow to joy. He is more than able to provide for you as well.

Insight: When the Lord empties our ways in sorrow, it is to fill us in His way of joy.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 21 Feb 2020, 8:31 pm

Date: February 21, 2020 at 2:07 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Hope in Him Alone

Hope in Him Alone

"But now, LORD, what do I look for? My hope is in you, Hear my prayer, O LORD, listen to my cry for help." Psalm 39:7, 12 

Scripture Focus: Psalm 39

In the Amplified Bible, the key verse above says, "And now, Lord, what do I wait for and expect? My hope and expectation is in You." The Psalmist is not expecting anything of or from the Lord. His total expectation is that Christ Himself would be present with him. Just experiencing our Savior's presence and knowing Him in a deeper way is the hope and expectancy which will never disappoint. 

What does it mean to hope for the actual person as opposed to hoping for something they will do or give? Those who have a loved one overseas serving in the military or in missions would know what that longing is like. They don't need gifts or acts of service. They just want their loved one back home with them. Even short times when my husband took our kids camping made me long for him to be back. I had no concern for what he looked like or if he brought something to me; I only desired his presence. 

Sometimes we approach the Lord expecting Him to do or give us something. May we be like the psalmist, finding our hope in Him alone.

Insight: "Lord, you are more precious than silver/ ...more costly than gold/ ...more beautiful than diamonds/ and nothing I desire compares with you." (Lynn DeShazo, 1985)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 20 Feb 2020, 10:35 pm

Date: February 20, 2020 at 1:14 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Unexpected Blessing

Unexpected Blessing

"Elijah said to her, Don't be afraid. Go home and do as you have said. But first make a small cake of bread for me from what you have and bring it to me."   1 Kings 17:13

Scripture Focus: 1 Kings 17

This was not what the widow expected. Since she had run out of food, she was planning to eat her last meal with her son, knowing death awaited her. Yet when Elijah asked her to feed him first, she stepped out in faith and obediently gave him her last food. God then opened the storehouse of supplies so the widow and her son would never go hungry again (vs. 16). 

Hudson Taylor, the great mid to late-1800s British missionary to China, wrote of a similar experience in his autobiography. He was asked to help a family in need, but was down to his last coin. Wishing he could divide it to help them, the Lord prompted him to give it all. This not only left him broke, but also without knowledge of where money would come from any time soon. The next day an unexpected letter arrived containing 20 times the amount he had given away the night before! Give willingly to others. Watch and see how the Lord brings about unexpected blessings. 

A step of faith in obedience is a fearful thing, but God delights that we trust in Him to provide.

Insight: As you give of yourself to others, remember the most unexpected blessing of all: that your Savior gave Himself-every ounce of His life-for you!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 19 Feb 2020, 9:37 pm

An Unexpected Outcome

"So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions' den. The king said to Daniel, May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!"   Daniel 6:16

Scripture Focus: Daniel Date: February 19, 2020 at 2:18 AM

Topic: +DEV+  An Unexpected Outcome

An Unexpected Outcome

"So the king gave the order, and they brought Daniel and threw him into the lions' den. The king said to Daniel, May your God, whom you serve continually, rescue you!"   Daniel 6:16

Scripture Focus: Daniel 6

What did the unbelieving king expect when he ordered Daniel into a lions' den? He recognized something special about Daniel's character and abilities and really didn't want to lose him. But the decree was set; there was no changing it. So Daniel would die, as King Darius expected. It's interesting to see that early the next morning this same king went to the lions' den and called out to Daniel before he could even see him. 

The ruler of a nation who had no relationship with God was exhibiting expectant faith! Over the years, Darius must have seen the many times Daniel had trusted his faithful God. Now he believed Daniel's God would save him. The Lord did indeed come to the rescue. And the pagan king praised Him (v. 26). Daniel's life surely had pointed the king to God. Your own life may do the same for a person you think is unlikely to ever put his faith in Jesus. 

I hope someone might see something in my life which would point them to the Lord. God was able to turn a king's heart. He is still changing hearts today.

Insight: "Gracious Spirit, dwell with me; I myself would gracious be; And with words that help and heal; Would Thy life in mine reveal." (Thomas T. Lynch, 1855)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 18 Feb 2020, 5:59 pm

Date: February 18, 2020 at 3:15 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Unexpected Encounter

Unexpected Encounter

"Joseph said to his brothers, 'I am Joseph! Is my father still living?' But his brothers were not able to answer him, because they were terrified at his presence."  Genesis 45:3

Scripture Focus: Genesis 45

When they had sold him into slavery, Joseph's brothers never expected to see him again. Years later, as they bowed before the Egyptian leader, they couldn't imagine him to be their brother. As a boy, Joseph had seen this day in a dream, but his brothers didn't remember the dream, nor had they ever taken it seriously. So when Joseph revealed himself, they were terrified. 

A reunion that should have brought joy brought horror. Unexpectedly coming face to face with a broken relationship is difficult. Whether it was the result of a misunderstanding or a wrongdoing, when someone from the past suddenly appears, it can be unsettling. If you've known what that is like, now put yourself in the place of Joseph's brothers! God loves us too much to allow brokenness to fester. He heals our relationships. In the case of Joseph, through repentance and forgiveness, they became a family again, even recognizing God's hand in it for their good (vs. 7). 

God desires reconciliation. After all, He gave His only Son to purchase it for you.

Insight: "And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose." (Romans 8:28)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 15 Feb 2020, 9:57 pm

HOME COOKING WITH A TWIST

Maureen invited her neighbors, Pat and Ted, over for dinner.  They had helped with some gardening projects, and this was her way of saying more than thank you.  She wanted to cook her famous recipe for southern spare ribs-the ones everyone talked about. 
That afternoon, before her company arrived, she dusted the furniture, tidied the bathrooms, vacuumed the carpets, and set the table.  She even used her best china and the silverware her mother had left her.  Maureen wanter her friends to know how much they mattered to her.  What would she do without such good people to help her out when she was in need?

At Four O’clock sharp, Maureen took the baby back ribs out of the refrigerator, laid them in a glass baking dish, and seasoned them with salt and pepper and a squirt of lemon juice to give them just the right bite.  Then she pulled out a bottle of barbecue sauce.  She didn’t have her glasses handy so she couldn’t read the label; she relied on the shape of the container to tell what was in it.  She had used this sauce so often before, she knew the bottle by feel.

Maureen poured the liquid over the ribs, then smoothed it just right with a spatula so every rib was generously covered. She carefully placed the glass pan in the oven and set the timer.  While the ribs cooked she prepared a salad and vegetable and heated the dinner rolls in the bread warmer.

At five-thirty the doorbell rang, and Maureen hurried to answer it.  She greeted Pat and Ted and ushered them into the living room.  “Thank you for having us,” said Pat.  “This is a real treat after a long day at work.”
Ted agreed.  “I’ve been looking forward to this meal ever since you invited us,” he said.  “I hear you’re famous for baby back ribs.  And I understand your sauce is the best.”

After a round of fruit punch and a plate of crackers and cheese, Maureen invited them to the table.  She set the platter of ribs, the bowl of Vegetables, and the warm rolls on the serving cart..  Then she tossed the salad with a light vinaigrette dressing. 

Ted went right for the ribs.  “May I use my fingers?” He asked.
“Be my guest,” said Maureen.  “People have told me my ribs are finger-licking’ good!  Let me know what you think,” she added, laughing.

Ted took a bite, then looked up, his eyes wide.  He seemed at a loss for words.
“Is anything wrong?” Asked Maureen, her heart pounding.
“No, no.  Everything’s fine,” said Ted.  “Maybe it’s this cold I’’m trying to kick.  It seems to have affected my taste buds..  I could swear the ribs are covered in chocolate sauce.”

Maureen rushed from the table to the trash container in the kitchen.  This time she put on her glasses first.  Sure enough.  The empty container which she thought had held her famous barbecue sauce said in plain English:  Hershey’s Chocolate Sauce.

Maureen felt like a wimp!  But she didn’t let on.  Instead she took a deep breath and made the best of an embarrassing moment.  “If you think my ribs are great,” she said, “wait till you see what I have for dessert - ice cream sundaes topped with barbecue sauce!”
From the little book called “GETTIN’ OLD AIN’T FOR WIMPS” by Karen O’Connor pgs. 215-217

Reflection 
Dear Lord, it’s funny - but it’s also kind of scary
When we start doing things we’ve never done before!
At times like this I’m grateful for a sense of humor.
It might take a minute for me to laugh at myself,
But I feel better when I do.
It seems I need a good dose of humility each day
As much as I need my daily vitamins!
~~
With humility comes wisdom.
~Proverbs 11:2~
✝
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 14 Feb 2020, 9:33 pm

Date: February 14, 2020 at 12:05 AM

Topic: +DEV+  What Do You Expect?

What Do You Expect?

"In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation."  Psalm 5:3

Scripture Focus: G

Expectations wrongly placed can lead to real disappointment. In the vineyard parable, some of the workers left content with their pay while others grumbled about it. It came down to what they had expected to take home in their pockets. I've known about great expectations. By homeschooling our daughters, I figured they would become spiritual giants. 

But by the time our oldest was 12, I was facing real discouragement. Our family was not what I had expected it would be. Thankfully, God never gives up and did what I could never do-He transformed each of our hearts in wondrous ways. Placing my expectations on our family and myself ended in discouragement. But putting my hope in the Lord showed me that He does more than I could ever ask. 

In 1948 A.W. Tozer said, "True faith is never found alone; it is always accompanied by expectation. The man who believes the promises of God expects to see them fulfilled. Where there is no expectation, there is no faith." Lay your requests before God each new morning and wait expectantly for Him.

Insight: We'll never be disappointed when our expectation is in the Lord "who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine" (Ephesians 3:20).

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 13 Feb 2020, 11:37 pm

Date: February 13, 2020 at 12:19 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Island Expectations

Island Expectations

"God saw all that he had made, and it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning-the sixth day."  Genesis 1:31

Scripture Focus: Genesis 1

Imagine you're on your vacation of a lifetime. You're about to relax on a beautiful island paradise. While soaking in the sun on the beach, the last thing you expect is the tsunami headed your way. God made Earth like an island paradise in this vast universe, intending Adam and Eve to love life with Him. Before they disobeyed and brought sin into the world, daily life was a picture of perfect unity with God and each other. 

There was no pain, no conflict, no illness, and no death. Then the tsunami of sin came, and life was changed forever. Ever since then, our expectations in life have been turned upside down. Maybe you're facing the storms of unemployment, broken relationships, or sudden loss. What can you do when paradise turns to disaster? Turn to the Lord, the only One who can carry you through the hurricanes of life. Though the first sin brought grave consequences, God gave the promise of deliverance through a Savior. 

Jesus promises to be with you (see Matthew 28:20), even in the eye of life's storms. 

Insight: A life of trust in Christ allows us to live with great expectations, even in the storms of life.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 11 Feb 2020, 10:59 pm

Date: February 10, 2020 at 11:26 PM

Topic: +DEV+  The Best Gift

The Best Gift

"For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast."   Ephesians 2:8-9

Scripture Focus: Ephesians 2

I became a believer at 7 years of age while on the farm. For those years I'd wandered in darkness, lost and prideful, and a bully at school. My parents “drug” me to church every Sunday, and one day I HEARD the Word of God.. By faith I believed in Jesus. Faith in itself does not save anyone. People put faith in all sorts of things: jobs, spouses, bank accounts, religions.. 

When the Bible speaks of faith, it is always referring to faith in Jesus Christ, the One who lived a righteous life for us and satisfied God's wrath on the cross. Faith is what unites us to Jesus and His work on our behalf. It's like the cord that connects an appliance to electricity. We "plug in" to all the benefits God has for us in Jesus. Therefore, you ought to be overwhelmed with joy today! Your faith is a gift from God. It was not born out of some deep well within you. 

Rather, like a package delivered to your doorstep, God in His immeasurable grace has given this life-changing gift to you. Rejoice for the faith given to you in Christ. It's the best gift you'll ever receive.

Insight: "Never try to arouse faith from within, Leave your heart, and look into the face of Christ." (Andrew Murray, 1828-1917)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 10 Feb 2020, 12:25 pm

Joy in our Justification

"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death."   Romans 8:1-2

Scripture Focus: Romans 8

The defendant stands before the judge. His actions are examined against the law. If found guilty, he will be punished. If he is innocent, he goes free. We are all familiar with this process. Have you ever thought of your relationship to God in those terms? You should! Scripture is clear that we have broken God's Law and fallen short of His glory (see Romans 3:23). 

Sinning is our failure to obey that Law, and its punishment is death (see Romans 6:23). In God's court, we do not stand a chance, but for one thing: the Judge is on our side! Our sweetest joy is that our Judge sent His own Son, Jesus, into the courtroom to present His perfect record of law-keeping on our behalf. Instead of being convicted on all charges, we were set free. Truly, we rejoice that there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ. 

Not only do we have the perfect advocate and judge, but we also have the perfect Savior. Our joy increases because while we walked out of the courtroom exonerated, He handed Himself over to be led to the cross.

Insight: "Embrace in one act the two truths-thine own sin, and God's infinite mercy in Jesus Christ." (Alexander MacLaren, 1902)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 07 Feb 2020, 10:16 pm

Date: February 7, 2020 at 1:37 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Different but the Same

Different but the Same

"After this I looked and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and in front of the Lamb."  Revelation 7:9
Scripture Focus: Revelation 7

Young children are taught to differentiate things and combine things. Odd numbers are different than even numbers, reds go with reds, squares go with squares. Even into adulthood we operate with patterns governing our choices, whether we recognize it or not. We choose clothing, houses, cars, and entertainment following after the patterns we see in others. Unfortunately, we have not always appreciated differences. 

A faulty calculation (that "same" is good and "different" is bad) has taken root in many of our hearts. This view is a joy killer. God has made each one of us in His image. The incomprehensible variations of the people of this world reflect or hint at the magnificence of our Creator. Humanity is an expression of the grandeur of God, not a display of hierarchy. Perhaps heaven will look something like the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, with people from every nation and in a stunning array of colors and sizes. 

We'll all be widely different, yet joined together in the most important thing: Jesus Christ!

Insight: Earth has 196 countries with 7,000 languages and some 7,000 cultures. You'll spend eternity with someone from each. Find the joy of God in the different!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 07 Feb 2020, 12:45 am

The Joy of Thankfulness

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."  Colossians 2:6-7

Scripture Focus: Colossians 2

There are hundreds of books and articles promising a path to happiness. Some writers say that thankfulness is the key. Not a bad principle. It's biblical, after all. And we do have much to be thankful for. But where does true, lasting happiness come from? Like many secular authors, many of us have missed the point. 

Thankfulness that is rooted in Jesus alone leads to real and enduring happiness. Without knowing toward whom your gratitude is directed, you will only find yourself frustrated and aimless in life. It's a great idea to be a thankful person, but until that gratitude is rooted in Christ, it falls flat. We may hold fast to a "glass is half full" mentality. Sometimes, however, the glass is just plain empty, licked dry by cancer or homelessness or depression. 

Remember that God "has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing" (Ephesians 1:3) in Jesus. When you know this to be true, you will always find reasons to be thankful to God. And that's gratitude which leads to true and forever happiness.

Insight: "Jesus + Nothing = Everything" (Tullian Tchividjian, 2011)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: