World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests :: 2 Bots

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 115 on Wed 03 Jul 2019, 3:20 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 10:01 pm by Admin

» R.D SOUZA Saved by faith
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 8:26 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 8:24 pm by Admin

» Daily Disciples
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 8:19 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 8:16 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL VIDEO'S VARIOUS COVERAGES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 8:07 pm by Admin

» ENDTIME HEADLINES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 7:47 pm by Admin

» servant @ TWO LISTENERS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 7:40 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by Admin

» Bayo Afolaranmi (Pastor).
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:52 pm by Admin

»  So You Think You Can Lose It?
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:27 pm by Admin

» AISH
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:20 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:15 pm by Admin

» Joe Biden Smoking Gun
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 8:09 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptySun 18 Oct 2020, 5:44 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:31 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:20 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:18 pm by Admin

» +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 9:15 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 EmptySat 17 Oct 2020, 3:48 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

+Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor  - Page 3 Empty Re: +Dev+ Michael D. Inman Pastor

Post  Admin on Sat 25 Apr 2020, 9:40 pm

Just Children and not Sons

Galatians 3:26  For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

Just because people believe in Jesus Christ they think all is done, they are saved from Hell and they will go to Heaven. The receiving and working of the Holy Spirit is made pointless.

Yesterday night my daughter was telling me a well-known Youtuber (former Catholic) pictured Christians as selfish people who to save themselves from Hell seek God. We had a long discussion which I cannot share here but in short since people have no clear understanding of spiritual matters thus carry garbage.

Things were not so bad until the Catholic Church / Nicolaitan system distorted people’s understanding by merging pagan beliefs with Christian beliefs. Hell was handed over to Satan by this Church and he was made master and ruler of it, even though Bible says he himself is bond there and Angel/s of God hold its keys. Spiritual Grave where souls who believe in Christ sleep was made to be the earthly grave. People could enter Heaven as and when they desire, bringing down its sanctity. Heaven was made to be believed as a flying fairytale resort made of gold streets and precious gems. God the Father pictured as an old man, Holy Spirit as smoke and Jesus Christ as God in a human form even after He ascends to Heaven completing His task of saving mankind. He remains in His humbled form forever.

Today’ scripture tells us by our faith in Christ we become children of God, but it should not be assumed that we will go to Heaven and inherit God’s Kingdom. Firstly we need to understand children do not inherit only mature sons do. The Sons factor has nothing to do with natural gender but is to do with spiritual gender. It means all natural men and women (including children) who are in Christ (led by His Spirit) qualify to become Sons of God (Angels are also called Sons of God). Only Sons of God inherit the Kingdom of God.

By our faith in Christ we are saved from Hell (a place we suffer our sins for thousands of years). But if do not do the Will of the Father then we become goats and not sheep. It is the sheep (not lambs) that only enter Heaven (the term ‘lamb’ used in Revelation is a mistranslation it means mature male, some translate it as Ram). The goats suffer worse than Hell in a place called Lake of Fire / Sulphur. No one other than the Son (Christ) has ascended to Heaven and can ascend to Heaven until Judgment Day. The Bride enters Heaven as whole and not in pieces.

Let us get it into us any being that does not develop and grow is not called living but is considered dead. So if we have life in us we need to grow not just naturally but also spiritually.

Let us introspect our lives if we are growing spiritually or not. If not then we will remain children and become Sons. God is Lord of the living not of the dead.

[Prayer Starter]
Lord You are Almighty God. You Lord made the Heaven and our Creation for a purpose and that purpose is what is hidden from your people and thus leads them to believe in sanity. Lord we pray people believe more your Word than words of man. We pray You open the blindfolds on their eyes and they see...

This prayer we make in Jesus’ Name, Amen.

[Reference Scriptures]
John 5:25-29

1 Thessalonians 4:14-17

2 Thessalonians 1:7-10

Revelation 20:7-15

Matthew 7:21-23

Dated 25 April 2020
Bro Rollwyn

SavedbyFaith.info - Daily Mail
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 23 Apr 2020, 11:49 pm

Date: April 23, 2020 at 3:36 AM

Topic: +DEV+  No Food, Only Tears

No Food, Only Tears

"My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, Where is your God?"  Psalm 42:3

Scripture Focus: Psalm 42

Though it would be nice to think it so, not all of life is happy. The sorrows we face are numerous and come in many forms: betrayal, loneliness, danger, failure, and fear. These experiences parallel those of God's people in the Psalms. There we find believers who are overwhelmed, cast down, and overflowing with tears. Psalm 42 is one such place. 

The psalmist says he's not even eating, only crying. "My tears have been my food day and night." Similarly in Psalm 6, David says he has cried so much that he is "weary with moaning," that his bed is drenched with his tears. Perhaps you've had days when even the desire for food is gone, days when you are weary from anxiety, nights when your pillow is wet with tears. You are not alone. God, whose Spirit has put these words into the hearts of the psalmists, knows how you feel. You can trust Him with your burdens.

Jesus is the man of sorrows, the Son of God who came to bring you hope. Say to your soul, "Hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God" (vs. 11)
Insight: When you taste salty tears as they run down your cheek, let them make you long for the soul-satisfying waters of the living God.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 21 Apr 2020, 11:09 pm

Date: April 21, 2020 at 1:42 AM

Topic: +DEV+  The Beginning of Sin

The Beginning of Sin

"He who is pregnant with evil and conceives trouble gives birth to disillusionment."   Psalm 7:14

Scripture Focus: Psalm 7

I remember hearing years ago about a woman who gave birth to a baby and claimed it to be a total surprise. She said she had no idea she was pregnant those 40 weeks and even in the hours before the baby was born. As hard as that story is to believe, it's just about as confounding as people who act surprised when their sins come kicking and screaming into the world. 

Some people like to disconnect themselves from their sin, acting as though it has come upon them rather than from them. But Psalm 7 teaches us that sin begins inside. It is conceived by desire and then warmed, incubated, and fed until it is born in action. And this is how it is for each and every one of us. In Matthew 5 Jesus teaches that even the desire for sin counts as sin. That's because God doesn't only want your actions, He also wants your heart. 

Knowing, however, that we cannot fully and blamelessly give it to Him, He gave Himself to us and died for all our sins-from the day we came kicking and screaming into this world until the moment life ends.

Insight: Do not excuse or ignore your sin. Repent of it instead, and your righteous Lord and Father will deliver you.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 20 Apr 2020, 8:43 pm

Date: April 20, 2020 at 2:02 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Not Saved?

Not Saved?

"The harvest is past, the summer has ended, and we are not saved."  Jeremiah 8:20

Scripture Focus: Jeremiah 8

These are sobering words from the prophet Jeremiah, and they cause me to reflect on the many people I know and of the multitudes beyond my knowing who are not saved. Whether because they have never heard of the love of Christ, or because they simply have rejected Him, they do not belong to the family of God. 

Jeremiah was crushed as he realized the judgment of God was beginning to come down on Judah. His people had grown comfortable in their own wickedness, and they needed to wake up. It tore Jeremiah apart to see God's people reject the One who had saved them. Do you too carry that weight with you as you see friends and family members reject Christ? We are called to pursue others with Jesus' love before it's too late. 

How do we do this? 

First, confirm your own relationship with Christ. 

Second, pray for ways to offer your faith to those who need this message. 

Third, ask God for the courage to deliver His words to them. 

Fourth, believe God will bless your efforts and that the Holy Spirit will work in His time.

Insight: "Ye fearful saints, fresh courage take;/ the clouds you so much dread/ are big with mercy and shall break/ in blessings on your head." (William Cowper, 1774)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 17 Apr 2020, 6:15 pm

Topic: +DEV+  Greatest Commandment

Greatest Commandment

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."  Mark 12:30

Scripture Focus: Mark 12.30

All of us would probably agree that the clearer and simpler a story is, the easier it is for us to learn, understand, and apply. Jesus tells us to recognize the uniqueness of God as the one true God. We are commanded to love Him with our total being. When we do, we will have what it takes to love our fellow human beings. I can grasp this. 

It's not complicated! But the Pharisees of that day made following God extremely complicated. They had a code of laws and regulations that was burdensome and overwhelming. Jesus challenged them with the commandment to simply love God and their neighbor. The heart relates to our affections, the soul to our spiritual life, the mind to our intellectual considerations, and the strength to our actions and will. Nothing is left out. Then to "love your neighbor as yourself " (vs. 31) becomes a reality. 

So, do we really love God with the totality of our being? If not, what idols or counterfeit faith must be removed to allow God to do His work of love and mercy, and prepare us to love others?

Insight: "The reality of God's presence both comforts our hearts and restrains our behavior." (Robert J. Morgan, 2001)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 15 Apr 2020, 12:18 pm

Date: April 15, 2020 at 1:26 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Press On!

Press On!

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me."  Philippians 3:12

Scripture Focus: Philippians 3

I remember working with a United States Army Force officer who was deeply committed to Jesus and growing in his faith. After his service commitment, he was headed for seminary and ministry. In particular, I recall how he always carried his Bible with him; given a few minutes, there he would be, reading and memorizing God's Word. He was pressing on to further grasp God's call on his life.

Since then, I also carry my Bible or Scripture memory cards wherever I go, ready for any moment I can spend in the Word. I've found this is one way that helps me "press on" in my journey with the Lord. Twice in this Philippians passage, we are told to "press on." Paul pressed on to know Jesus, to obey His teachings, and to be the new creation that God was making him to be. He pursued the prize of heaven the way an athlete pushes ahead to cross the finish line. 

If Paul could leave his dreadful past behind, we too can move on from ours. Stay disciplined in your pursuit to further know and follow Jesus, the One who has taken hold of you!

Insight: Maturity of faith is trusting God with the impossible and allowing Him to work.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 14 Apr 2020, 4:15 pm

Date: April 14, 2020 at 12:47 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Jesus Is Lord

Jesus Is Lord

"If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

Scripture Focus: Romans 10

Receiving and enjoying God's salvation is not complicated. It's been said that salvation is as close as your mouth and heart. When we believe in our hearts and openly tell others that Christ is our risen Lord, we have the assurance of our salvation. Think how far-reaching this is. Whatever nation you are from, whatever language you speak, whatever your upbringing, the confession of Jesus as Lord documents you as a child of God. Christ's death and resurrection validate His claims and the Father's statements that He is God. 

While we live in a tangled mess of confusion and misinformation, we admit that there is not much security in our world or in our lives today. So being rightly related to God is vital. He is our security! You could start with a simple prayer asking God to forgive your sin and rebellion. Tell Him you want Him to be Lord of your life. Know that the decisions you make will either bring you closer to or further from Him. 

With your confession of Him as your Savior today, your future is not uncertain.

Insight: Be sensitive to God's nearness. He's closer than you thin

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 13 Apr 2020, 11:51 pm

Date: April 13, 2020 at 12:34 AM

Topic: +DEV+  A Heart for God

A Heart for God
"You have not been like my servant David, who kept my commands and followed me with all his heart, doing only what was right in my eyes."  1 Kings 14:8
Scripture Focus: 1 Kings 14

In 1 Kings the prophet Ahijah confronts Jeroboam, ruler of the Northern Kingdom. Jeroboam did more evil than all who lived before him, and the Lord would bring disaster on his house (v. 9-10). I wonder if Jeroboam shuddered to be told God would not stand to be thrust behind his back. We also may wonder at Ahijah's glowing reference to David. 

Years before Jeroboam, David ruled in Israel. His life, with its high and low points, is told of in 1 and 2 Samuel. How is it that the Lord can declare someone who deceived, murdered, and committed adultery to be one who "kept my commands and followed me with all his heart, doing only what was right"? 

The simple truth is that when God washes away our iniquity and cleanses us from our sin (Psalm 51), we stand before Him blameless. He creates a pure heart in us as He did with David. Isn't that good news? It doesn't have to be complicated. The difference between Jeroboam and David was not their list of sins; the difference was their hearts, only one of which chased hard after the Lord.

Insight: Put all your heart into following Jesus. Corrie ten Boom said we need "never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God."

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 10 Apr 2020, 10:16 pm

Date: April 10, 2020 at 12:20 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Fix Our Eyes

Fix Our Eyes

"Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."   Hebrews 12:2-3

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 12

I valued the friendship of a pastor, Sonny Brooks who  mentored me for several years. He often discussed his search for God's peace and direction. He tried everything, but it wasn't until he focused on Jesus that he found what he was looking for. In the final years of his ministry his preaching was all about Jesus. 

Many voices clamor for our allegiance. We must make the decision to "fix our eyes on Jesus." This means not allowing what hinders our walk with Him to take precedence. Through our spiritual eyes, we look beyond this world to focus on and pursue Christ. Paul writes, "Just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith" (Colossians 2:6.7). To be rooted is to be anchored and nourished for growth and stability. 

With roots that go deep in Jesus, we'll stand against evil and not lose heart doing so. But even if we only come to Jesus later in life, we are grafted into His kindness, supported by the root who is Jesus Christ Himself (see Romans 11:11-24).

Insight: It's not complicated. Remember that with our focus on God and His Word, we grow and receive strength.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 09 Apr 2020, 11:58 pm

Date: April 9, 2020 at 12:59 AM

Topic: +DEV+  I Know!

I Know!

"Yet I am not ashamed, because I know whom I have believed, and am convinced that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him for that day."   2 Timothy 1:12

Scripture Focus: 2 Timothy 1

How valuable it would be for us in today's world to be confident of who we are in Christ, confident of our salvation, and confident of God's call upon us. Paul's majestic declaration is more than words from an impulsive enthusiast. He offers a solid, mature acknowledgment of his foundation of faith during a time of great persecution for early believers. 

His fixed starting point for his Christian faith and spiritual bearings was founded in the confidence of knowing the heart, mind, method, and power of Jesus Christ. From this Paul proclaimed his message, passing on to young Timothy the responsibility of guarding the gospel. To know Christ was to love and serve Him. These words hearten us, too. We find ourselves in our workplaces, neighborhoods, and families, unashamed, certain of who we are in Christ. "God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. 

He who has the Son has life" (1 John 5:11-12). "God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline" (2 Timothy 1:7).

Insight: Cast aside fear. Go into the world prepared to share Jesus, confident that He promises to be with you.

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 08 Apr 2020, 10:41 pm

Date: April 8, 2020 at 12:10 AM

Topic: 
Encourage One Another

"But encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness."  Hebrews 3:13

Scripture Focus: Hebrews 3

One of the greatest gifts we can give to each other is that of encouragement. With the technology available today through cell phones, texting, email, etc., a word of encouragement goes a long way. Even a handwritten note sent via "snail mail" may help another person get through the day. The author of Hebrews is telling us to encourage and exhort one another daily, implying that friendship and fellowship are taking place. 

Such dialogue and communication with encouraging words may bolster and affirm a friend dealing with the daily trials and temptations of life. Our Hebrews 3 passage is describing the constant challenge to our life of faith. We help one another and inspire each other to be faithful and motivated in our commitment to Christ. Indirectly, this also develops accountability as we are reminded that others are watching and care about us. 

It's not complicated. Give a "cup of cold water" in Jesus' name (see Mark 9:41). Give a hug, send a text, make a call. Do something while it is called Today.

Insight: Set aside the fears of the day, and light up a friend's life with a smile, a hug, or a good word.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 07 Apr 2020, 10:25 pm

Date: April 7, 2020 at 1:18 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Oh God, Help Me!

Oh God, Help Me!

"When I said, My foot is slipping, your love, O LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul."  Psalm 94:18-19

Scripture Focus: Psalm 94

We live in troublesome times which often leave us emotionally spent. Non-believers and believers alike have called out to God, "Help!" When that happens again and again, we resonate with David and other psalm-writers who question at various times, "How long, O Lord?" 

The reality is that we live in a broken, sinful, chaotic world that will always be racked by rebellion and evil. "How long" may end up being very long, indeed. But we can hold onto the truth from Psalm 94 that for each anxiety we have, the Lord provides a consolation. Think about that! No matter what is troubling you deep in your heart, He has consoled you and promises to never leave you. "For the Lord will go before you, the God of Israel will be your rear guard" (Isaiah 52:12b). 

He is both Shepherd and Shield. He is "the One who goes before, guiding into the future, and the One who goes behind, gathering up our debris, our failures, and our poor attempts at ministry, blessing us and leaving a blessing behind us for others" (Robert J. Morgan, 2001).

Insight: God is my very present help, always! I find great hope in knowing He is surrounding me.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 06 Apr 2020, 10:41 pm

Date: April 6, 2020 at 2:27 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Overcoming

Overcoming

"Everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God."  1 John 5:4-5

Scripture Focus: 1 John 5

The New Testament word "overcome" means to be victorious. I'll never forget how our American POWs were so brutally held in North Vietnamese camps survived moments at a time by bringing to mind Bible verses they knew. Operation Homecoming began on February 12, 1973, and I watched on TV as the first of 591 men were released. 

Over the next months as their stories became known, we learned it was often God's Word that gave them the strength to overcome. They told stories of how they'd whisper Bible verses to each other, or pass verses written on toilet paper to each other whenever they could. In fact, a sacred moment in 1983, for me, was to hold in my hand one of those tiny POW toilet paper Bibles during a special chapel service in Korea. 

We may not have faced the torment these soldiers faced, but all of our lives come to times when there is nowhere to go but to God's Word. Its authority and power comfort us. Keep the precious promises of the Bible in your heart so you can face and overcome life's most difficult circumstances.

Insight: Our victory is secure because Jesus bought that victory for us. He has overcome death! Believe in Him!

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Fri 03 Apr 2020, 11:19 pm

Date: April 3, 2020 at 12:26 AM

Topic: +DEV+  A Blind Beggar's Request

A Blind Beggar's Request

"What do you want me to do for you? Jesus asked him. The blind man said, Rabbi, I want to see."  Mark 10:51

Scripture Focus: Mark 10

I get goosebumps reading this story. Here is Bartimaeus, outcast of society, one whom nobody pays attention to except to tell him to hush up. Yet Jesus, surrounded by the mob and His disciples, hears the cry of this blind man. Jesus stops and asks what Bartimaeus wants. He could have asked for food, for money, for clothes. 

But being tired of going through life blind, ridiculed and despised, he asked for his sight. Jesus simply said, "Go, your faith has healed you." Be assured from this story that God is interested in us no matter what our condition. He hears beyond the noise of society to the cries of our heart. Nothing can keep us from Jesus. 

We can bring all our issues to Him. Out of profound gratitude, we follow Jesus. You see, it's not complicated. God desires to hear what's really on our hearts. Nothing is too big or too small. Bartimaeus was not theologically trained, but he acted on his faith and courage. 

Just imagine: When his eyes were opened, what is the first thing Bartimaeus saw? Jesus!

Insight: Never underestimate the compassion of Jesus to walk through life with you.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 02 Apr 2020, 10:35 pm

Date: April 2, 2020 at 2:37 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Savior of the World

Savior of the World

"They said to the woman, We no longer believe just because of what you said; now we have heard for ourselves, and we know that this man really is the Savior of the world."   John 4:42

Scripture Focus: John 4

It's not complicated. As Xxx Ministries proclaims, "It's all about Jesus!" Why is this such an important issue? Chuck Colson said, "The most terrifying truth I have discovered in life is the banality of evil; the most ordinary people are capable of the most horrific sin; it is in us all" (2008). 

We need a Savior. The word savior designates a deliverer, a preserver, a rescuer-that's Jesus! In John 4 Jesus reaches out to the Samaritan woman. She was among those the Jews deemed unfit for salvation. But Jesus went out of His way to find her and show her that God's saving arm is long enough to rescue even those who seem beyond His reach. 

I once met up for lunch with a young man who told me, "I've been in the church all my life, was baptized and confirmed, but I don't know Jesus." I drew out on a napkin a simple explanation of salvation. There in the restaurant, he prayed to ask Jesus to come into his life. Are you nominally "religious"? Are you in outright rebellion to Christ? Anyone can draw near to the Savior of the world.

Insight: "For every man it must be Christ or eternal tragedy." (A.W. Tozer, 1988)

If you have prayer requests for anything please email us and we will pray for them.

Please feel free to use this devotional to send on to your friends or share with your church fellowship and Bible study groups.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed 01 Apr 2020, 8:22 pm

Date: April 1, 2020 at 12:15 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Vital to God's Plan

Vital to God's Plan

"For if you remain silent at this time, ,you and your father's family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"  Esther 4:14

Scripture Focus: Esther 4

Never underestimate the call of God on your life. The Book of Esther highlights the survival of God's people amid hostility. It dramatically shows how God's chosen servants were instrumental in His plan. Haman, second in command in the royal court, wanted the Jews destroyed. He manipulated the king to rule for their execution. Meanwhile, Esther, a Jewish orphan raised by her cousin Mordecai, was brought on the scene at the appropriate time as queen. 

God used her to save her people. Both Esther and Mordecai were the most unlikely people to have a role in shaping the future of the nation. But God is not bound in His plans, using only successful, prominent, talented people. The book of Esther-in fact, much of the Bible!-is proof of that. It's not complicated for us. God desires our loyalty and submission. 

He may well place us in a significant position to offer hope and deliverance to those who desperately need Him. But more likely, he will use you right in the home, neighborhood, school, or workplace you're in each day.

Insight: God does not want us to sit idle. Seize the opportunities He gives!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 31 Mar 2020, 9:14 pm

Date: March 31, 2020 at 1:23 AM
Topic: +DEV+  Salt and Light

Salt and Light

"You are the salt of the earth. ,You are the light of the world. ,Let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."  Matthew 5:13-14&16

Scripture Focus: Matthew 5

Again, it's not complicated. There are volumes that describe our life of faith, yet here Jesus simply says that we are salt and light, proclaiming the good news in the way we live. Think of salt as that which provides flavor, brings healing, fights corruption, preserves, and creates thirst. And then think of light, that which floods in and illuminates the dark. 

Jesus is telling us that when we follow Him, our lives of faith offer flavor, lead to healing, preserve the spirit of others, and provide light in an otherwise dark, hopeless world. In such situations a friend may say, "Your love for Christ is contagious," or "I've learned God's truth from you. It's guiding my life," or "Your life of faith shines bright in the dark hole I'm in." These metaphors of salt and light indicate the powerful Christian influence we can have on hurting, searching souls around us. 

Our message is fresh, positive, exciting, constructive, and full of life. When the reality of Christ can be seen in our lives, our Heavenly Father is honored.

Insight: We are vessels for the Spirit of God to work and shine through. He has accomplished this in us!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Tue 31 Mar 2020, 12:15 am

Do you find yourself in the valley?

Now is the time to fully trust Him to guide you to a higher ground!  

Date: March 30, 2020 at 1:59 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Godly Influence

Godly Influence

"How great are his signs, how mighty his wonders! His kingdom is an eternal kingdom; his dominion endures from generation to generation."  Daniel 4:3

Scripture Focus: Daniel 4

If you know anything about King Nebuchadnezzar in the Bible, you would not expect these words to come from his mouth. But they did! The leader known for his wickedness was telling all the people how great God is! He even declared it was his pleasure to tell about the Most High God (vs. 1). How does this happen? Consider the work of God's Spirit through His chosen representative, Daniel. Somehow through Daniel's faithful commitment and trust in God, there came a time when his life influenced this king to consider the true King. 
Though we do not know of Nebuchadnezzar making a lasting choice to follow God, at this point he powerfully declares the Lord's mighty acts. Daniel's life of prayer may have left an impression on him. The commitment, humility, and thanksgiving of Daniel all may have stirred the heart of one of the world's most ruthless rulers. The Spirit was at work! Never underestimate the influence of a godly life and the power of prayer. Often our faith shines out for Jesus even in the midst of difficult times.

Insight: Nebuchadnezzar may have planned his course, but the LORD determined his steps (see Proverbs 16:9). He determines your path, too!

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 28 Mar 2020, 12:06 am

[size=34]Praise Song for the Pandemic[/size]

Praise be the nurses and doctors, every medical staff bent over flesh to offer care, for lives saved and lives lost, for showing up either way,
Praise for the farmers, tilling soil, planting seeds so food can grow, an act of hope if ever there was,
Praise be the janitors and garbage collectors, the grocery store clerks, and the truck drivers barreling through long quiet nights,
Give thanks for bus drivers, delivery persons, postal workers, and all those keeping an eye on water, gas, and electricity,
Blessings on our leaders, making hard choices for the common good, offering words of assurance,
Celebrate the scientists, working away to understand the thing that plagues us, to find an antidote, all the medicine makers, praise be the journalists keeping us informed,
Praise be the teachers, finding new ways to educate children from afar, and blessings on parents holding it together for them,
Blessed are the elderly and those with weakened immune systems, all those who worry for their health, praise for those who stay at home to protect them,
Blessed are the domestic violence victims, on lock down with abusers, the homeless and refugees,
Praise for the poets and artists, the singers and storytellers, all those who nourish with words and sound and color,
Blessed are the ministers and therapists of every kind, bringing words of comfort,
Blessed are the ones whose jobs are lost, who have no savings, who feel fear of the unknown gnawing,
Blessed are those in grief, especially who mourn alone, blessed are those who have passed into the Great Night,
Praise for police and firefighters, paramedics, and all who work to keep us safe, praise for all the workers and caregivers of every kind,
Praise for the sound of notifications, messages from friends reaching across the distance, give thanks for laughter and kindness,
Praise be our four-footed companions, with no forethought or anxiety, responding only in love,
Praise for the seas and rivers, forests and stones who teach us to endure,
Give thanks for your ancestors, for the wars and plagues they endured and survived, their resilience is in your bones, your blood,
Blessed is the water that flows over our hands and the soap that helps keep them clean, each time a baptism,
Praise every moment of stillness and silence, so new voices can be heard, praise the chance at slowness,
Praise be the birds who continue to sing the sky awake each day, praise for the primrose poking yellow petals from dark earth, blessed is the air clearing overhead so one day we can breathe deeply again,
And when this has passed may we say that love spread more quickly than any virus ever could, may we say this was not just an ending but also a place to begin.

—-Christine Valters Paintner, Abbey of the Arts
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 11:46 pm

Date: March 26, 2020 at 12:51 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Dig Down Deep

Dig Down Deep

"I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock."  Luke 6:47-48

Scripture Focus: Luke 6

What happens when we listen to Jesus' words and put them into practice? We are like a man digging down deep when he builds his house. He dug so deep in order to lay his foundation on rock. We can "dig down deep" into our Rock, Jesus Christ. How? The way you fall in love. When you meet someone that you think could be your partner for life, you get to know them; you spend a lot of time with them. 

It is no different with the Lover of our souls, except the deeper we go with Jesus, the more we will fall head over heels in love with Him, because He is perfect, never selfish or moody, and never rejects us. We're quick to go to God with our needs and demands. He wants us to do that, but He also wants to speak to us, to touch our hearts through His Word. Dig down deep in Jesus. When, not if, the floods come, the torrents striking against us will not shake our foundation because it is well built (vs. 48b). 

If our relationship with Christ is secure and we are assured of His everlasting love, no inundating storm can destroy us.

Insight: Secure your foundation before the torrent, so that you won't be shaken when it comes.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 26 Mar 2020, 12:20 am

Date: March 25, 2020 at 1:31 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Beyond the Sea

Beyond the Sea

"Nor is it beyond the sea, so that you have to ask, 'Who will cross the sea to get it and proclaim it to us so we may obey it?' No, the word is very near you."  Deuteronomy 30:13-14

Scripture Focus: Deuteronomy 30

God's commands are not beyond us. He doesn't make it impossible to reach Him. We don't have to sail across oceans to find Him. The Word of the Lord is in your mouth and in your heart so you may obey it. In Romans 10 Paul quotes this Deuteronomy verse and then explains that it is a matter of faith. "If you confess with your mouth, 'Jesus is Lord,' and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved" (vs. 9). All that God asks of us is to believe. He does not require us to do certain things to obtain favor with Him. He loves us unconditionally and sent His Son, Jesus, to die for us. 

In John 6:28 the crowds ask Jesus, "What must we do to do the works God requires?" Jesus answers, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent" (vs. 29). It doesn't mean we won't do good works for God. Out of gratitude to Him, we certainly will. But we don't earn our salvation. 

Jesus is the One who "crossed the sea" for us-in fact, crossing all the way to death and back-to proclaim His love for us.

Insight: We were meant to have purpose in Jesus, but we are saved by faith alone, so no one can boast of his or her own good works.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon 23 Mar 2020, 11:44 pm

Date: March 23, 2020 at 2:23 AM

Topic: +DEV+  If Only, Part 2
If Only, Part 2
"Today, if only you would hear his voice."  Psalm 95:7b (NIV, 2011)

Scripture Focus: Psalm 95

There are those two forlorn little words again: "if only." The psalmist is remembering what happened to God's people when they didn't listen and hardened their hearts. God had delivered them from slavery in Egypt with the miraculous parting of the Red Sea. He led them through the desert, feeding them manna and quail and producing water from a rock. They had witnessed God's provision firsthand. But when they reached the border of Canaan, the Promised Land, they grew afraid. 

In His anger at their unbelief, God swore that–– except for Joshua and Caleb who followed Him wholeheartedly and believed in His greatness (Numbers 14:20-30) ––none of that generation would enter His rest. What a stark, hopeless forecast. We also have been urged, "See to it, brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God" (Hebrews 3:12). 

Were it not for the fact that all God's promises have been fulfilled in Jesus, we too would despair. But promised rest awaits us, if only we will hear His voice.

Insight: "Take heed, if once we allow ourselves to distrust God, we may soon desert Him." (Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary, 1706)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat 21 Mar 2020, 1:26 am

Date: March 20, 2020 at 1:53 AM

Topic: +DEV+  If Only

If Only

"If only you had paid attention to my commands, your peace would have been like a river, your righteousness like the waves of the sea." Isaiah 48:18 

Scripture Focus: Isaiah 48

If only. Can you hear God's desperation for His people in those words? I have lived in that place of "if only" when I ignored the Lord and followed my own desires. And I had no peace. If only we will obey the Lord, our peace will flow continuously like a river, unceasingly like the waves of the sea. 

Often the struggle to obey is within. Many of us identify with Paul who said, "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do" (Romans 7:15). We echo his sentiment in verse 24: "What a wretched man am I! Who will rescue me from this body of death?" The blessed answer is this: "Thanks be to God- through Jesus Christ our Lord!" (vs. 25) Jesus did for us what we cannot accomplish on our own. He lived a life of perfect obedience for us and paid the penalty for our sin. "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1). 

Even when we're not faithful, He forever will be, just as surely as the steady waves of the sea.

Insight: Let us not grieve the Lord and turn to the "idols" of the world, but give thanks for His provision of peace in Christ Jesus.

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 19 Mar 2020, 11:04 pm

Date: March 19, 2020 at 1:54 AM
Topic: +DEV+  I Want to See

I Want to See

"What do you want me to do for you? Jesus asked him. The blind man said, Rabbi, I want to see." Mark 10:51   

Scripture Focus: Mark 10

Blind Bartimaeus was begging by the roadside when Jesus walked by. He began shouting for Him, "Jesus, Son of David, have mercy on me!" When people tried to hush him, he shouted all the more. Jesus stopped, called him near, and asked, "What do you want me to do for you?" 

I can't help but think, Isn't it obvious? Perhaps Jesus is asking a deeper question than the words immediately convey. What do I want Jesus to do for me? What do I really want? I want what Bartimaeus wants: "I want to see." My physical vision is fine; what I want is to see Jesus in my life, to know Him and trust Him. Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see (Hebrews 11:1). Daily we observe God's hand in our lives, things that the world would call "coincidences," things that a believer knows are the providences of God in His plan for us. Sometimes we miss the little graces that God gives us every day. 

That is what I want my eyes to be open to. If I know He is present in my day with me, what more could I ask for?

Insight: "I remain confident of this: I will see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." (Psalm 27:13)

We are in need of Prayer and financial partners,
If you would like to become a prayer partner and or a financial partner with monthly or one time gifts.
A freewill offering to Restoration Ministry may be made via PayPal at our web site:    http://www.rollanet.org/~restore/donations.htm

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu 19 Mar 2020, 12:02 am

Date: March 18, 2020 at 12:11 AM

Topic: +DEV+  Jesus, Living Water

Jesus, Living Water

"Jesus answered her, If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."  John 4:10

Scripture Focus: John 4

We are all tempted at one time or another to "drink" from wells that can never quench our thirst. We seek success, wealth, approval, popularity, or ––as with the woman at the well–– romantic love. Like her, we will discover momentary happiness, not lasting joy. Only Jesus can provide that. 

Only the Living Water permanently quenches our thirst. Jesus told the woman, "If you knew, you would ask, and he would give." If we too will know Him and will ask of Him, He will give. The Lord knows our deep thirsts, and He is faithful to satisfy. Jesus goes on to say, "Whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst" (vs. 14). The words I give stand out to me. With all other "wells," we must draw, take, and pursue. 

Jesus offers Himself freely to us. He invites us to rest in His grace. Jesus gently led the Samaritan woman to admit her great need. He already knew of her sin, but didn't scorn her. He loved her anyway. If we will admit our need and trust His provision, our thirst will be satisfied. We'll be drenched in His perfect love

Insight: "Am I not enough mine own? Enough, mine own, for thee? All shalt thou find at last, only in Me." (Amy Carmichael, 1955)

Michael D. Inman
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum: