World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» UN halve estmate women and children killed Gaza
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 10:54 pm by Admin

»  BRITAIN NEWS AND ALERT's
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 10:26 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 10:04 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 9:33 pm by Admin

» Question for you to CONSIDER
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 9:19 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 9:15 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 9:11 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 8:59 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 6:36 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 6:09 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 5:59 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 5:56 pm by Admin

» israelAM
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 5:25 pm by Admin

» Mother of Slain Hostage Is Spreading Love Amidst Grief
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyYesterday at 4:33 pm by Admin

» Pro P.A.Encampment Dublin University
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:52 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:45 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:40 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptyMon 13 May 2024, 10:17 pm by Admin

» The Great Tragedy - Greg Laurie Devotion
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptySun 12 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 EmptySun 12 May 2024, 5:32 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 Empty Re: ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS

Post  Admin Tue 26 May 2020, 1:03 pm

The truth about the attempted coup against Bibi
truth-coup-bibi-email
Mark Levin and Senior attorney and former Federal prosecutor in the U.S. Arthur Fergenson give the perfect analysis. If you were confused before, you won't be now.
The truth about the attempted coup against Bibi
By Phil Schneider - May 26, 2020 
Israel is now going through an unprecedented attempt to bring down Benjamin Netanyahu through whatever means works. Since the electorate continues to elect and reelect Benjamin Netanyahu, the Democratic method of getting Netanyahu out of office has proven to be a dead end. So, a legal coup was decided upon, but there is basically nothing more than an integrity charge based on nothing more than a few gifts that Netanyahu received from wealthy friends. Yes – a few gifts – some cigars and champagne.
VIDEO https://israelunwired.com/the-truth-about-the-attempted-coup-against-bibi/
Donate Today And Promote This Video To Thousands
Could it actually be a legal problem that should bring down the Prime Minister if he received some cigars and champagne – allegedly in order to do some favors for some people? The Attorney General has decided to “juice up” the charges with thousands of words and hundreds of witnesses. But, there is actually no serious case against the Prime Minister. The Attorney General in Israel is just part of the problem. In truth, the activist Supreme Court in Israel and the entire legal system in Israel is perhaps the most dangerous side of the entire State today.

What Israel needs more than anything is genuine checks and balances – not just for the Judicial Branch, but for the Legislative and Executive branch. Israel’s parliamentary democracy is most certainly a Western Democracy. But it is nowhere as balanced as necessary as far as the limits of power that each group has. These are the key problems. One minor Member of Knesset, and certainly 3,4, or 5 members can bring down a government way too easily. This would be akin to a few Congressmen being able to bring down the President of the United States. Secondly, the Prime Minister cannot be stopped by the legislative branch if he decides to implement a policy that is supported by the opposition – even if he was elected based on a completely opposite platform. But the worst of all is the seemingly endless power of the Judiciary. The main problem is that the Judiciary continues to implement whatever their activist opinions are by reappointing their successors. There is no Senate Committee that needs to vote in the Judges. Judges are not elected in any way – they simply reappoint people with their own ideologies in order to perpetuate their opinions on the electorate.

Israel is a wonderful government with some wonderful leaders. But, a reset of the limits of the Judiciary need to be fixed. The case against Netanyahu may lead to this.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 23 May 2020, 10:09 pm

https://www.middleeastmonitor.com/20200518-netanyahu-it-is-time-to-implement-israels-sovereignty-over-west-bank/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR3805iwsgkmXSQsbduoX_9zexnf-_7O_BxW5L7lcdAUGLt113jcSyZhbwU
Netanyahu: It is time to implement Israel’s sovereignty over West Bank
May 18, 2020 at 1:15 pm

Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu gives an address from his office in Jerusalem on 3 April 2019, announcing that the remains of Sergeant First Class Zachary Baumel, a soldier missing since the 1982 Lebanon war, had been returned to the country. [MENAHEM KAHANA/AFP/Getty Images]i    
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the new Israeli coalition government should extend the state’s sovereignty over the occupied West Bank, local media reported yesterday .
“It’s time to apply the Israeli law and write another glorious chapter in the history of Zionism,” Netanyahu said during a meeting for the Knesset General Commission to discuss the swearing in of the new coalition government.

“These territories [illegal Israeli Jewish settlements in the occupied West Bank] are where the Jewish nation was born and grew,” he said of the settlements.

READ: Israel’s Netanyahu presents new unity government to parliament
This, he added, “will not distance us from peace, it will bring us closer.”

The Likud leader signed a deal with his rival Benny Gantz of the Blue and White alliance to form a coalition government based on the agreement to annex the illegal Jewish settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories.

Arab and Meretz MKs heckled Netanyahu repeatedly during his speech at the Knesset and screamed: “bribery, fraud and breach of trust,” referring to the corruption charges against him.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 22 May 2020, 12:24 am

https://israelunwired.com/bibis-perfect-response-to-the-rowdy-arab-mks/
Bibi's perfect response to the rowdy Arab MKs
bibis-response-email
As Netanyahu tried to speak before the swearing in ceremony of the new unity government, some Arab politicians got a little rowdy. But Netanyahu kept his cool and gave them a symbolic slap in the face with the truth.
Bibi’s perfect response to the rowdy Arab MKs
By Phil Schneider - May 21, 2020 5449 0

The only place in the Middle East where an Arab can freely be elected to Parliament and speak their mind is Israel. Benjamin Netanyahu knows this as do the Arab Members of the Knesset. This is a perfect snapshot of what goes on in the Israeli Knesset. It is also a good snapshot of why so many Israelis love Benjamin Netanyahu. He knows how to stand up to Israel’s enemies, and he does it so well. This is not new – he has been doing this for many decades.

Donate Today And Promote This Video To Thousands
Prime Minister Netanyahu began his political career debating against anti-Israel attitudes in the United States. He graduated from MIT following two wars against the Arabs that he participated in. He was a member of Israel’s most elite commando force, and fought against terrorists in various situations. His life has been one long litany of standing up against Israel’s enemies. But he discovered the power of his speech early on and has never stopped using it since.
Israelis have flocked to support Netanyahu in multiple elections over the last 13 years. He has served as Israel’s Prime Minister longer than any other Prime Minister – even David Ben-Gurion. Not only does he never tire. He seems to get stronger and stronger by the day.
What will Netanyahu be remembered for? Will it be the way he has stood up against President Obama and outplayed him for 8 long years? Will it be the way that he fought back against attacks from the Gaza Strip and basically neutralized Israel’s enemies over there? Or will it be the way that he led Israel throughout the Coronavirus pandemic in order to keep the losses to a remarkably low number? Or will it be the historic proclamation that looks like Israel will make to once and for all proclaim that Judea and Samaria is an inseparable part of the State of Israel? The answer is that it will probably be all of the above. But the more time goes on, the greater all of his actions to combat President Obama shine brighter.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 May 2020, 10:55 pm

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/reform-leaders-urged-to-face-possibility-shuls-may-not-reopen-by-high-holy-days/
Shuls may not open for Rosh Hashanah, says Reform chief
Rabbi Janner-Klausner makes the stark warning in powerful piece for Jewish News
By MATHILDE FROT
May 20, 2020, 12:08 pm  

Reform rabbi Laura Janner-Klausner
Senior Rabbi Laura Janner-Klausner has urged Reform Judaism’s community leaders to prepare for the possibility it may not be safe to reopen shuls in time for the High Holy Days.

Rabbi Janner-Klausner made the stark warning in a letter, published by Jewish News, and sent to synagogue leadership on Wednesday. “We cannot throw our efforts away now,” she said.

She added: “This means confronting another festival – Shavuot – distanced from one another.

Get The Jewish News Daily Edition by email and never miss our top storiesFREE SIGN UP
“Realistically it even means facing the idea that we may not be physically together for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur in September, and for our communities to start planning for what that might mean.”

She also urged Reform members to take advantage of the “plethora of opportunities to pray, learn and join together virtually with our communities” to celebrate Shavuot next week.

In her letter, the senior faith leader noted the sacrifices made by many to practise social distancing as she warned the community must aim for greater vigilance “than society as a whole.”

“We already know that the toll this virus has placed on our community – the number of lives we have tragically lost – has fallen heavier on us than on some others. We are, for many reasons, a group at an increased risk. With that comes an increased responsibility on us,” she said.

“This crisis has also seen us adapt with the most positive and innovative solutions to maintain our Jewish way of life in a different form. Suddenly we are all streaming tech-whizzes, with services, education and children’s programming from all over the Jewish world available at the touch of a button. As ever, Judaism’s great strength is its ability to innovate and survive,” she added.

Even at a distance, she said, members must continue to remain a “source of strength for another” as long as needed.  “No matter wherever we are physically, spiritually our communities will continue to flourish,” she added.

READ MORE – Rabbi Laura Janner-Klausner: Time to accept we may not be physically together for Rosh Hashanah 
https://blogs.timesofisrael.com/time-to-accept-we-may-not-be-physically-together-for-rosh-hashanah/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 May 2020, 10:44 pm

https://israelunwired.com/saudi-writer-reveals-a-massive-secret-about-palestinian-arabs/
Saudi writer reveals a massive secret about “Palestinian” Arabs
By Leah Rosenberg - May 20, 2020 6660 0
This Saudi writer didn’t hold back at all! The truth can hurt. This will enrage “Palestinians.” But at some point, everyone has to admit the truth.

Saudi Writer Abdulhameed Al-Ghobain: Saudis Care about National Interests, Not the Palestinian Cause
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32InNKin8o4&feature=emb_logo
Saudi Writer Spills the Truth

It is getting hard to hide the truth. Saudi Writer Abdulhameed Al-Ghobain spells it out clearly: Saudi Arabians do not want to side with the “Palestinians” anymore. They see what Israel is, what Israel has accomplished, and they want to join in. They want to accomplish great things as well. And the “Palestinians” have not been showing a promising future. The Saudis are done. They just do not feel they can advance their country by supporting the “Palestinian” cause. It maybe once wasn’t so public, but now it is. The truth is out, loud and clear.

The Saudis See – Why Don’t Others?
You would think that Saudi Arabians would support the “Palestinian” Arabs. But they no longer do. And if they are beginning to see the truth about Israel, why can’t others? Why does the Western media still side with the “Palestinian” cause when even the “Palestinians” own brothers and sisters don’t? Why are so-called “human rights” activists still supporting “Palestinian” terrorism instead of seeing how Israel is benefitting the world? There are many questions and not so many answers. It just is baffling.

A Model Middle Eastern Country
Here is the truth about Israel. Israel is a beacon of light in the Middle East and the world. It is an example of what a country in the Middle East should look like. Democracy, human rights, culture, nature, medical achievements, and more. Israel gives equal rights to people of all faiths, colors, and religions. How many other countries in the Middle East can you say that about?

Israel is not the problem in the Middle East, it is the solution to the problems. Saudi Arabia has realized that. What about the rest of the world?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 May 2020, 11:18 am

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/opinion-alastair-campbell-why-im-playing-hava-nagila-on-my-bagpipes/
OPINION – Alastair Campbell: Why I’m playing Hava Nagila on my bagpipes
Ambassador for Time to Change mental health campaign explains how he found a way to promote kindness through music during Mental Health Awareness Week
Alastair Campbell
By ALASTAIR CAMPBELL
May 19, 2020, 1:06 pm  1
So, write about kindness, Jonny Benjamin tells me as he takes up the reins of Jewish News for a week.
Ok, will do.
I thought you might say write about mental health, this being Mental Health Awareness Week.

Get The Jewish News Daily Edition by email and never miss our top storiesFREE SIGN UP
But then kindness is related to mental health, isn’t it?

A kinder world is a happier world.

But then I also felt I should have a Jewish angle to my kindness angle.

I’ve found it in music.

Chapter 1: In case you hadn’t heard, I play the bagpipes. I have been playing more in lockdown even than in normal times, which is quite a lot. And before anyone cracks the usual borderline racist anti-bagpipe jokes, my neighbours complain when I don’t play, not when I do.

This month I should have been playing at the wedding of Georgia Gould, leader of Camden Council, whom I have known since she was a small child. She and her husband-to-be Alex Zatman, both proud Jews, threw me a pretty tough challenge– ‘bet you can’t play Hava Nagila.’ Georgia knows the best way to get me to do something is tell me I won’t be able to.

I googled ‘Hava Nagila on bagpipes’ and it was clear Georgia and Alex were not the first to think this famous Israeli folk song could be played on the pipes. There are all manner of renditions on there, from the tuneful to the hideous, depending on the quality of the player. I then googled ‘Hava Nagila bagpipe sheet music’, and yet again struck lucky.

Hava Nagila is hardly a tune written for the pipes, so it took a bit of time to get a proper feel for it, then practise and memorise it sufficiently to feel confident I would do Georgia and Alex proud.

Then along comes Covid Bloody 19 and the wedding is off for a year.
Hava Nagila on the bagpipes
Chapter 2: I played my bagpipes outside our house in north London on the first Thursday during which the country came together to clap for carers. I was particularly keen to do so because right next door to us is a Whittington Hospital nurse, Matilda ‘Sissy’ Bridge. She arrived home from work mid-clap, my daughter Grace spotted her and suggested I march her up the street while people were applauding. I did and she loved it and the film of it went viral –  in a good way, not the way of coronavirus.

I have played every Thursday since. On week 2, I noticed clapping on the pavement four doors down by our neighbours Maurice Monina, and his partner, Valerie Moss, also proud Jews, and I immediately thought on seeing them … I bet they’ve never heard Hava Nagila on the pipes before, and I bet they’d enjoy it.
They hadn’t; and they did. Dancing in the streets Gospel Oak style.
Next thing I know, I am getting requests emailed and posted on social media. Then Grace tells me she just bumped into Maurice at the corner shop and he asked if I could play Danny Boy. As it happens, I couldn’t. Back to Mr Google. ‘Bagpipe sheet music Danny Boy.’ There it is. Now I can.

Coming to a street near you, Thursday 8pm, Hava Nagila followed by Danny Boy, followed by the tune I wrote especially for Sissy, Our Neighbours, Our Nurses. Who would have thought it would take a crisis like Covid to get my bagpipe composing juices flowing? Have the pipes ever been kinder to my neighbours as now? Get good out of bad.

Alastair Campbell is Ambassador for Time to change, mental health campaign

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/chief-rabbi-urges-uk-to-prioritise-re-opening-for-weddings-and-stone-settings/
Chief Rabbi: Weddings and stone settings should restart first
Intervention came during first virtual meeting of a taskforce convened by Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick to work up a plan for the safe reopening of religious spaces
By JEWISH NEWS REPORTER
May 18, 2020, 10:52 am  
Chief Rabbi Mirvis taking part in the meeting with Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick
The Chief Rabbi has urged the UK Government to prioritise weddings and stone settings as it considers the gradual reopening of places of worship amid the coronavirus pandemic.

The intervention from Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis came on Friday during the first virtual meeting of a taskforce convened by Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick to work up a plan for the safe reopening of religious spaces.
Mirvis was among several faith leaders participating on the Places of Worship Taskforce just days after the Government said it hoped to reopen places of worship in Step 3 of its plan to lift restrictions, with 4 July the earliest mooted date.

Any reopening will be subject to further scientific advice, but ministers have recognised “how difficult it has been for people of faith to not be able to practice their religion with their community”.
Members of the taskforce agreed to work together to consider whether some forms of worship, such as individual prayer, might be permitted in places of worship before they fully reopen in step 3, where appropriate and safe.
“During this pandemic, significant spiritual moments such as Easter, Passover, Ramadan and Vaisakhi when families, friends and congregations traditionally gather together, have been celebrated at home,” said Jenrick.
“I realise how challenging being separated from their communities has been for people of faith. We will work together with all faith communities to understand how we can open places of worship as a priority, while continuing to prioritise safety.”
Faith Minister Lord Greenhalgh added that “practical issues such as the size of both physical buildings and congregations are significant”.
Robert Jenrick
✔
@RobertJenrick
Today I held the first Taskforce on Reopening Places of Worship.
Working with faith leaders to plan their safe, phased reopening, for individual prayer and public worship, including weddings and funerals. https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-taskforce-developing-plan-to-reopen-places-of-worship
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 18 May 2020, 5:49 pm

ONE FOR ISRAEL Ministry
Sometimes waiting is the hardest part, and in today's crisis we have to practice a lot of patience.  We're in the season here in Israel of "counting the Omer". God commanded Israel to count the days until Shavot and there's some interesting revelations on why.  Join us for another podcast with Dr. Erez Soref as we discuss how God uses these times of waiting and how He foreshadowed the time of the Disciples waiting for the Holy Spirit to be poured out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkPYJ_7ep6Y
Waiting with anticipation - Counting the Omer - Pod for Israel
Just 10 Minutes 9 seconds 

Pentecost Preparation For What’s Coming…

Seven weeks after the Exodus, at Sinai, God graciously gave His people a guidebook – the Torah.

Seven weeks after the cross, at Pentecost, He gave them a personal guide – the Holy Spirit.

Today, we are greatly blessed to have both God’s Word and His Spirit to help us on our journey. And friends, we’re definitely going to need BOTH of them for what’s up ahead.
Continue reading...
https://www.oneforisrael.org/bible-based-teaching-from-israel/pentecost-preparation-for-whats-coming/
Pentecost Preparation For What’s Coming…
By ONE FOR ISRAEL (Messianic Jews In Israel)
As you may or may not be aware, we are now in the biblical season of “Counting the Omer” which happens between Passover and Pentecost. Pentecost in the Bible is known as the Feast of Weeks, Shavuot in Hebrew, but it all means the same thing: 50 (pente) days, or the equivalent seven weeks (shavuot) if you’re counting in weeks. 

This year, Passover has had extra potency in the plague-induced lockdown, and many ears are pricking up and eyes are opening to biblical matters as a result – even among those for whom much of this Jewish stuff may be unfamiliar territory. But if it’s in the God-breathed word on your bookshelf, it concerns us all. Particularly this year, since everything seems to be all the more magnified in meaning. 

What’s with the counting?
In Leviticus 23, the chapter in which God lays down the law on how to celebrate all the feasts, He says this:

“You shall count seven full weeks from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering. You shall count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath. Then you shall present a grain offering of new grain to the Lord.” (Leviticus 23:15-16)

God told His people to count 50 days after Passover. Each year they were to celebrate Passover on 14th Nisan, then the following Sunday was to be a celebration of Firstfruits. Sheaves of wheat are to be waved in the air, representing gratitude to God for the harvest and trust in His provision. Then, and only then, should The Counting begin. The counting is essentially the journey of waiting between Passover and Shavuot.

And that’s where we are, folks. In that season of counting. Waiting. Anticipation.

To understand the counting, we need to understand Shavuot. What’s this countdown leading up to?

Imagine what you might say to the Israelites who had just walked through the Red Sea with the drama of Sinai ahead of them. Looking back at the closed sea in shock, the Egyptian army gone forever and the water now apparently back to its original state… free at last! What a victory! What a miracle! That blood! That water! Now what?

Perhaps you might encourage them with words like these: “You have a long journey ahead of you. The way will be rocky and hard, but full of adventure. You will encounter hunger, thirst, illness, and will at times lose all hope, but God’s going to look after you. You will certainly get there in the end.”

Who could have imagined what was coming? But God was with them and was going to provide everything they needed along the way. God saw their journey coming with all its twists and turns, and He also saw the day they would arrive at the Promised Land. He knew every moment of that perilous journey and all that they would encounter. 

This situation has a couple of parallels:

One is our own journey to our heavenly home. We have been through the blood and water of salvation and baptism, we have been miraculously rescued from slavery and now we are walking in relationship with God. But we have not reached our eternal home yet, and the way there is fraught with difficulties. We’re going to need some help.
The other parallel is the Calvary event where the blood of Jesus, our Passover Lamb was poured out for us, followed by the historic outpouring of His Spirit 50 days later at Pentecost. Jesus was with them for 40 of those days, then ascended into heaven, with the instruction: “WAIT!”
Wait! You’re gonna need this…
Shavuot is a time of gratitude, thanking God for all His provision. Traditionally, we celebrate the “Seven Species” and all that is given to us in the Promised Land:

For the Lord your God is bringing you into a good land—a land with brooks, streams, and deep springs gushing out into the valleys and hills; a land with wheat and barley, vines and fig trees, pomegranates, olive oil and honey; a land where bread will not be scarce and you will lack nothing; a land where the rocks are iron and you can dig copper out of the hills. (Deuteronomy 8:7-9)

God gave Israel a land of milk and honey, verdant, abundant, and flowing with goodness. Today milk and honey epitomize Shavuot in Israel, which has become something of a dairy goods festival! But milk and honey also represent the Torah. It is believed that the Torah was given to Israel at Shavuot, and many will stay awake all night, reading the Bible, for this reason.

David declared in Psalm 119:103:

“How sweet are your words to my taste, sweeter than honey to my mouth!” 

Similarly, the phrase appears in Song of Songs 4:11:

“Sweetness drops from your lips, O bride; Honey and milk are under your tongue.”

Milk and honey here are thought to refer to the Torah, since Song of Songs is seen as an analogy of the love relationship between God and His people. Certainly, God’s word is both sweet and sustaining to all who know Him and love Him. Where would we be without the Bible? And where would we be without the Holy Spirit, poured out at Pentecost?

Pentecost celebrates God, the giver of all good gifts
Seven weeks after the Exodus, at Sinai, God graciously gave His people a guidebook – the Torah.

Seven weeks after the cross, at Pentecost, He gave them a personal guide – the Holy Spirit.

Today, we are greatly blessed to have both God’s Word and His Spirit to help us on our journey. And friends, we’re going to definitely need BOTH of them for what’s up ahead.

Shavuot is about our gratitude for God’s generosity, giving us everything we need as we travel on our journey home. We have forgiveness – as much as we are ever going to need. We have grace that never runs out and love that has no end. We have our Father God, the dread warrior by our side, an ever present help in times of trouble. We have His written Word to turn to and His Spirit to help us, embolden us and do the works of Jesus through us. We have everything we need for the journey.

“He who did not spare His own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him graciously give us all things?” (Romans 8:32)

In sending His Spirit to dwell in us, God has given us the power to live a completely different life. Elisha might have been sad to see the one who was discipling him disappear into the heavens, but he received a mantle of Elijah’s power and anointing, and went on to do even greater things. In the same way, the disciples might have felt a twinge of sorrow as Jesus disappeared from view, but they were to receive His own power not long after that. But as Jesus told them, they had to wait for it:

“I am going to send you what my Father has promised; but stay in the city until you have been clothed with power from on high.” (Luke 24:49)

Spiritual Preppers
Many have had a glimpse of life without well-stocked supermarkets and are now frantically planting vegetables and building chicken coops. This pandemic has been a sharp wake up call for how very unprepared we are. However, more than “preppers” in the natural who invest in tinned goods, bunkers and ammunition, we must be preparing spiritually. That means understanding the times we are in, and being ready for the new reality which lies ahead. We need to be prepping our hearts, and learning to walk in the power of the Holy Spirit.

As the lockdown begins to lift, we dare not to rush out in haste before we’re properly prepared. We too need to be clothed with power from on high. 

We are witnessing the stirrings of a great end-time revival. Here in Israel we have seen a huge increase in spiritual interest and response1, as other countries also have around the world. In the UK, one in four 18-34 year olds have tried out an online service of some kind2, and Bible sales have shot up both in terms of physical copies (some stores in the US sold out completely) as well as a sharp spike in downloaded apps3.

People are hungry and thirsty for truth and for meaning as our world has been shaken. We need to be ready to share the reason for the hope that we have.

What would you actually say or do if someone came to you, wanting to know how to read the Bible? How to get to know Jesus? Have you thought about that? Are you ready for it? But more than practical programs and strategies, the most important preparation we can do at this time is prepare our own hearts. 

This is no time to be dancing with joy at the coming revival while so many are grieving lost ones. It’s a time of reflection for us all, and we need to maintain our sobriety. We need to be ready to empathise with all who are in mourning. And that includes God.

God is shaking the nations and it’s serious. It’s a time for repentance, starting with God’s house. That means you and I. It’s often said that revivals go as far as repentance goes deep. Let’s use this waiting time, this countdown to Pentecost, to listen closely to God’s heart. We can identify with His grief over sin – first of all in our own lives, but also our households, our congregations, and then our nations. God is moving. He is shaking the earth. He is calling, drawing, and bringing conviction. We need to be prepared and available to Him: holy, clean vessels, ready for Him to use for what lies ahead.

“Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?”  (1 Corinthians 6:19)

Just as the Israelites fearfully kept their distance from the mountain while God was imparting His word at Sinai… and just as disciples waited in the upper room at Pentecost, let us adopt an attitude of fearful reverence and expectation in this time of waiting. May repentance among the saints go deep, carving a great channel for the Spirit to flow. Prepare the way of the Lord!

Watch our video report:
The Observer, British public turn to prayer as one in four tune in to religious services, Harriet Sharwood, 3 May 2020

New Statesman, How Coronavirus is leading to a religious revival, Sebastian Shehadi and Miriam Partington, 27 April 2020
Photo by Henry Be on Unsplash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=vIAGpjJOc5M&feature=emb_logo
Israelis are responding to the Gospel! - One for Israel update
32,997 views•3 May 2020

ONE FOR ISRAEL Ministry
246K subscribers
In the last month we've seen over 4.7 million views of our Gospel films and testimonies online!  Thanks to our supporters, many are hearing the Gospel in Israel and around the world!  We share just a few testimonies of Israeli seekers who've contacted our team this week.  The major trials for many of these new believers is figuring out the next steps of their faith and what it means to be a Jewish follower of Yeshua.  We discuss our approach to follow up and discipleship for these underground believers.  

Prayerfully consider partnering with us in prayer and financial support find out more in the link below.
https://www.oneforisrael.org/gospel-a...

By: www.oneforisrael.org
----
Facebook: www.facebook.com/oneforIsrael

Artlist.io License Number - 436795
Musicbed SyncID: MB01LQTNB4WEET1
Category
Education
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 18 May 2020, 3:55 pm

Archaeologists just discovered something unprecedented in Jerusalem
By Leah Rosenberg - May 18, 2020 2114 0
https://israelunwired.com/archaeologists-just-discovered-something-unprecedented-in-jerusalem/
The dirt of Jerusalem (and all of Israel) holds ancient secrets. It reveals history. What archaeologists found this time has never been found.

Rare Coin from The Bar Kokhba Revolt Discovered North Of The City Of David
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=LS2s-YWstt8&feature=emb_logo

Boost this video to reach up to 1000 people
Archaeologists Uncover Truth
What archaeologists really do is uncover the hidden truth. The dirt and artifacts speak for themselves. The stones and pottery shards shout out the facts. The world may continue to deny the Jewish connection to Jerusalem, but the soil of the holy city will never stop speaking the truth.
Denying Tangible Proof
It is mind-boggling that so many deny such tangible evidence. The world denies the Jewish right to Jerusalem. They want to divide it. Or they want to just give it all to the “Palestinians” who did not even exist during the time periods of these artifacts!
So why do people deny the Jewish people the right to their holy city? It is obviously not because of lack of evidence. All fingers point toward a Jewish Jerusalem for thousands of years.

The answer is antisemitism. That is the only explanation for the fact that the world does not want to admit the Jewish people belong in Jerusalem. Or ignorance. But at this point, it seems hard to believe that anyone can be so ignorant.

New Discoveries
After all the years of digging, it is remarkable to realize that new discoveries are still being made. It is not the same coin that is being found. It is not the same pottery piece from the same time period.

It is a different coin that reveals something different.

It is a different pottery piece that points to another time period.
And that is why archaeologists have such an important job and should never stop searching for the truth. The truth keeps being dug up.
History Speaks for Itself
All these discoveries tell a story. They tell history.
Some people might think history is a boring subject. But when history is unearthed and you can feel it with your hands, there is nothing boring about that!

Bar Kokhba revolt/Period
132 AD – 135 AD
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 17 May 2020, 10:56 pm

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/chinese-ambassador-to-israel-is-found-dead/
Chinese Ambassador to Israel is found dead
Du Wei, 58, was appointed envoy in February in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic
By JEWISH NEWS REPORTER
May 17, 2020, 9:46 am  
Chinese Embassy in Tel Aviv (Wikipedia/Author דוג'רית/ (CC BY-SA 4.0) / https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode )
Chinese Embassy in Tel Aviv (Wikipedia/Author דוג'רית/ (CC BY-SA 4.0) / https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0/legalcode )
The Chinese ambassador to Israel has been found dead in his home north of Tel Aviv.

Du Wei, 58, was appointed envoy in February in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic. He previously served as China’s envoy to Ukraine.

Israel’s Foreign Ministry gave no cause for his death, but said police are investigating.

He is survived by a wife and son, both of whom are not in Israel.

The ambassador’s death on Sunday comes just two days after he condemned comments by visiting US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who denounced Chinese investments in Israel and accused China of hiding information about the coronavirus outbreak.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 16 May 2020, 8:42 pm

Naftali Bennett silences Palestinian Arab activist with one question
By Leah Rosenberg - March 20, 2019 50813 0
https://israelunwired.com/naftali-bennett-silences-palestinian-arab-activist-with-one-question/
When this Palestinian Arab activist tried to talk about the BDS movement succeeding, Naftali Bennett completely destroyed her. This is a MUST SEE!
Palestinian Arab Activist Silenced
This Palestinian Arab activist tried to talk about the Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions (BDS) Movement that aims to weaken the state of Israel. She tried to confidently say it would succeed and that it is growing and growing.
But Israeli politician Naftali Bennett came back with the perfect response. The way he listed just a few of the many inventions that Israel has gifted the world with was too good. Everyone uses Israeli inventions and technology, and so many do not even realize. Those who support the BDS movement are probably using something Israel created every single day, but they pretend to boycott Israel anyway. Bennett’s ending words are strong: “What did you bring to the world beyond suicide terrorists? What’s your invention?” The Palestinian Arab activist had nothing left to say.
BDS Logic is Irrational
It is really not logical what the BDS Movement is trying to accomplish. It is also impossible. Israel has given so much to the world; things that people basically cannot live without anymore. So the BDS Movement can try to boycott all of it, but they will not succeed. The activist in this video said they will, but they won’t.
But Israel, on the other hand, continues to succeed. They continue to give to the world. They continue to invent, create, and build. And ultimately, the BDS Movement will fail.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 12 May 2020, 10:53 pm

Chol Hamoed Virtual Day Trip with Eve Harow and One Israel Fund
https://israelunwired.com/special-virtual-tour-of-fascinating-archaeological-site-in-judean-hills/
SPECIAL: Virtual Tour of Fascinating Archaeological Site in Judean Hills
By Avi Abelow - May 12, 2020 1306 0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1082&v=4SZfyJ2EM7o&feature=emb_logo
This special virtual tour was sponsored by the One Israel Fund, an organization dedicated to supporting the welfare and safety of the men, women and children of Judea, Samaria, the Jordan Valley and the reemerging communities of Gaza evacuees. These 460,000 citizens of Israel are the vanguard of Israel’s security and sovereignty as a Jewish State.

The Virtual Tour
Eve Harow, the tourguide, gives a brief introduction to the virtual tour:

The Biyar system is underground, the Arub aqueduct mainly overland which left it susceptible to pilfering and destruction and hence it went out of use many centuries ago. Solomon’s Pools are not connected to the King but perhaps Suleiman who refurbished the area; the oldest dating for a section of one of the pools is Hashmonaim. The neighborhood of the deep shafts is Dagan not Tamar. This was by no means a complete tour, that’s impossible with all the restrictions, but a taste of what we have beneath our feet. Hoping our collective road to recovery leads to Jerusalem and all Israel
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 May 2020, 9:07 pm

https://israelunwired.com/is-g-d-tv-in-israel-planning-on-praying-for-jews-or-preying-on-jews/
Is G-d TV in Israel Planning on Praying for Jews or Preying on Jews?
By Avi Abelow - May 11, 2020 742 0
Share on Facebook
Tweet
NOTE: As Orthodox Jews we do not write out the full name of the almighty out of awe and respect for the almighty.

VIDEO
Blessed to have this interview with Shannon Nuszen, a former evangelical missionary, today an Orthodox Jew who lives in the Judean Hills, the heartland of the Jewish homeland. Shannon spoke to me about the recent controversy in Israel of G-d TV getting a license to broadcast in Hebrew on Israeli TV for Jews. Shannon, a former missionary herself, has a riveting life story. She opens up about her missionary past, and the journey she took to then convert and become an Orthodox Jew.

Shannon’s insight, as a former missionary together with her in-depth knowledge of Judaism, is critical in understanding why the issue of G-d TV broadcasting in Israel is such a controversy in Isreal today. Her voice is also essential in understanding how our communities can move forward together in the best, most mutually beneficial way.

CEO of G-d TV Explains
The CEO of G-d TV explains that he only intends to bring the gospel of Jesus to the Jews of Israel so they can believe in Jesus and turn them into messianic Jews. “We don’t proselytize. We preach and teach Christian content and let God do the rest.” And… they don’t want Jews to convert. They want us to remain Jewish, keep our culture and traditions… just accept Jesus as our messiah.

What he doesn’t understand is that belief in Jesus as the messiah is 100% forbidden for Jews. In Judaism, we have one G-d and we only worship that one G-d. For Jews, Jesus was a Jew who went up to the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem during the Roman occupation of our Holyland.

He is believed by Christians to be the messsiah we do not try to convince Christians not to worship him. We just want them to respect our beliefs as well, which forbids believing that he is the messiah or worshiping him.
VIDEO
Former Evangelical missionary Shannon Nuszen explains:

“It is not uncommon to hear Christian supporters of Israel profess their love for the Jewish people, and deny that they have any intention to proselytize while in the Jewish state.

Yet, if you were to see these same Christians speaking in churches around America you’d hear something completely different. Among themselves, they are free to take their masks off.

When they’re seeking support from fellow Christians, they will share the work they are doing in the Holy Land, describe their tactics, and give many success stories about bringing Jews to belief in Jesus.”

God TV removed their original video that clearly stated their agenda to share the Gospel of Jesus with the Jewish people.

The Jewish Israel Facebook page found a copy of the public video before it was removed. Here’s the full video:
VIDEO
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 May 2020, 7:14 pm

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/tel-aviv-and-london-mayors-warn-against-return-to-business-as-usual-post-virus/
Tel Aviv and London mayors warn against return to ‘business as usual’ post virus
In doing so, they joined mayors representing 33 of the world's mega-cities, including Los Angeles, Athens, Barcelona, Seoul, Hong Kong and Buenos Aires
By MATHILDE FROT
May 11, 2020, 5:02 pm  
Tel Aviv
Tel Aviv’s Ron Huldai and London’s Sadiq Khan have joined dozens of city mayors in warning against a return to “business as usual” should the threat of Covid-19 be vanquished.

The warning was backed by the leaders of 33 of the world’s mega-cities, including Los Angeles, Athens, Barcelona, Seoul, Hong Kong and Buenos Aires.

A statement of principle signed by the group last week pledged “to build a better, more sustainable and fairer society out of the recovery from the COVID-19 crisis.”

Among some of the pledges were promises to address “issues of equity that have been laid bare by the impact of the crisis”, investment in protection against future threats such as climate change, and adherence to public health and scientific expertise.

The signatories, who together represent 750 million people, are part of C40, a network of city leaders working together to combat climate change.

Former New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg, board president of the C40 group, said: “This task force is committed to helping city leaders as they work on economic recovery in ways that lead us forward into the future, not back into the past.

“The principles we’ve outlined will guide our efforts to develop a new normal – one that is greener, healthier, and more prosperous for everyone.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 May 2020, 7:10 pm

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/the-107-year-old-who-survived-1918-spanish-flu-pandemic-and-covid-19/?fbclid=IwAR0-nyiO7EluPKYh9IENRKg6hS5T_aLSYqWFICbY3UdorZzEj7namMR1628
The 107-year-old who survived 1918 Spanish flu pandemic and COVID-19
Marilee Shapiro Asher contracted the Spanish flu aged six in 1918 and COVID-19 in April. The acclaimed artist is one of only a handful of people to overcame both deadly pandemics.
By BEN HARRIS (JTA)
May 8, 2020, 4:09 pm  1

After Marilee Shapiro Asher was admitted to the hospital in mid-April sick with COVID-19, her daughter got a call from the doctor telling her she ought to get down there right away. Her mother likely had only 12 hours to live.
“Well, he doesn’t know my mother, does he?” Joan Shapiro said.

What the doctor didn’t know was that Asher, a 107-year-old working artist, had already survived one global pandemic. And she was about to survive another.

Get The Jewish News Daily Edition by email and never miss our top stories
FREE SIGN UP
In 1918, then about six years old, Asher contracted the Spanish flu, a deadly strain of influenza estimated to have killed at least 50 million people worldwide.

“What she told my brother and I, she remembers being sick upstairs and coming downstairs and seeing her father, who she adored, and knowing that if she saw her father everything would be OK,” Shapiro said.

Fast forward a century and change: Asher had contracted the new coronavirus, which is particularly lethal for older people. She wound up spending five days in the hospital,undergoing a course of antibiotic treatment before being sent home to Chevy Chase House, a senior living community in Washington, D.C. She was never put on a ventilator.

“It’s remarkable,” Shapiro said. “That’s all I can say. It’s just unbelievable. I think perhaps it’s because of her art that she’s still involved in.”

Well into the eighth decade of her art career, Asher was due to open a major solo exhibition later this month at the Studio Gallery in Washington, but that was canceled due to the coronavirus.

Born to an affluent Chicago family in 1912, Asher began studying sculpture in 1936 and took up painting a few years after she moved to Washington, in 1943, with her first husband, Bernard Shapiro. Her first solo exhibition was held at American University in 1947.

In D.C., the family attended Temple Sinai, where Asher served on the art committee. It was through her association with Boris Aronson that the famed Broadway set designer came to create the synagogue’s ark, Shapiro said.

Bernard Shapiro died in 1974. Nearly 20 years later, at the age of 80, Asher remarried: She and childhood friend Robert Asher wed at the Cosmos Club in Washington. Robert Asher died in 2008.

In the early 2000s, seeking a less physically demanding alternative to sculpture, Asher took up digital photography. She studied digital art at the Corcoran School of Art and began manipulating photographs on her computer. She was 88 at the time.

Her work is now in the permanent collections of the Smithsonian and the Baltimore Museum of Art.

Asked the secret of her longevity last year on the activist Ralph Nader’s radio program, Asher chalked it up to exercise and art.

“Here at the facility for senior living I go to tai chi class and to a yoga class, which helps to keep me kind of limber,” she said in the interview. “That’s very important. But even more important is one’s having an interest, having something that makes you want to get up in the morning and do it.”

Asher began feeling unwell in March. It started with general fatigue and gradually grew more acute, impairing her eyesight and making it difficult for her to breathe. By the middle of April, she had all but stopped eating.

By then, the coronavirus pandemic was in full swing, and at the insistence of her children and a nurse at her senior living facility, Asher went to the hospital.

“I am quite certain that she thought that she was going to die,” Shapiro said. “I really think she thought that.”

Asher returned home from the hospital on April 28. Shapiro says she has good days and bad ones, adding that her mother wasn’t strong enough to do an interview.

“She’s at the edge of the woods,” Shapiro said.

In 2015, Asher published a memoir, Dancing in the Wonder for 102 Years, in which she writes: “Dear God, I don’t know who you are or where you are or if you are. But I do want to thank you for my life and all the perks I have enjoyed. I want to thank you also for 30 more years than are usually allotted according to your Bible. I hope I have not overstayed my welcome. Sincerely, Marilee.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 07 May 2020, 11:28 pm

https://israelunwired.com/trump-shames-china-for-what-they-did-to-the-world/
Trump shames China for what they did to the world
trump-shames-china-email
Could COVID-19 have been stopped? Trump says yes. The reality would have been different if China only acted appropriately.
Is China intentionally working to weaken and perhaps even destroy the Western world? The entire tenor of this report and others that are emanating from the White House suggest that China is the new modern-day evil enemy. Attorney General Barr even used the word blitzkrieg. That is not a mistake, but a powerful word that suggests that we need to treat the threats from China like the threats from Nazi Germany in pre-World War II. This should send shivers down the spine of anyone who understands what World War II was really about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=OuhWGbYPPuE&feature=emb_logo
COVID-19
Get the latest information from the NHS about coronavirus.
 See more resources on Google 
#christiannews #live #livenews
Expert Says China's COVID-19 Cover-Up Gives US 'Great Opportunity' for Re-setting Communist Governme
World War II was not the first World War. But it made World War I look like child’s play. It was longer, deadlier in many ways, and changed the world afterwards in ways that extend to today’s day and age. World War II presented a new threat to the world, and therefore it was so difficult to truly grasp how serious it was. Everybody knew that the Nazis were racists and dangerous. But very few realized that they were truly driven to world domination and to the genocidal destruction of world Jewry. Churchill was the exception and not the rule.

Today’s threats from China are different. There are those who want to vilify China and use pre-World War II jargon. They want the Coronavirus pandemic to be the world’s Pearl Harbor. Well, they may be right. Or, they may be overstating the situation. One thing is clear – the world has grown way too accustomed to these three words – Made in China. That brand generally means – cheap, very cheap. An in our consumer-driven world economy, the world has underestimated the global threat that allowing more than 95% of the world’s pharmaceuticals to be produced in China. And that is just one of many examples.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 06 May 2020, 12:32 pm

Israeli scientists find antibody that neutralizes coronavirus
Israel Institute for Biological Research completes groundbreaking study proving new antibody is effective against coronavirus.

Arutz Sheva Staff , 05/05/20 19:08

fighting coronavirus
fighting coronavirusiStock
In the past two days, the Israel Institute for Biological Research (IIBR), has completed a groundbreaking scientific development, determining an antibody that neutralizes the coronavirus (SARS-COV-2), the Defense Ministry announced Tuesday evening.

This scientific breakthrough has three key parameters:

1. The antibody is monoclonal, new and refined, and contains an exceptionally low proportion of harmful proteins
2. The institute has demonstrated the ability of the antibody to neutralize the coronavirus
3. The antibody was specifically tested on the aggressive coronavirus

The Defense Ministry stated: "Based on comprehensive scientific publications from around the globe, it appears that the IIBR is the first institution to achieve a scientific breakthrough that meets all three of the aforementioned parameters simultaneously. This is a result of the institute’s great experience and the unique capabilities of its scientists."

The IIBR is currently pursuing a patent for its development, after which it will contact international manufactures.

"It should be emphasized that this scientific achievement has the potential to progress towards a treatment for corona patients, and that it is not a vaccine for wide use. This is an important milestone, which will be followed by a series of complex tests and a process of regulatory approvals. This being said, the scientists at the institute believe that the nature of this breakthrough could lead to a shortening of the process, which could span over several months," the Defense Ministry concluded.
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/279729?fbclid=IwAR1Htw8wIqRkNUM4u6E1UY1A3IRr6HBVA32vv_FU2K4V10SfdB5Hhdnd2YQ
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 02 May 2020, 12:22 am

Democrats want to impeach Trump – but look at the hypocrisy!
democrats-impeach
Sadly, nothing has changed. The Far-Left is still trying to blame Trump for everything and make sure he doesn't get reelected. At this point, what they are doing is completely un-American, and it must end.
https://israelunwired.com/democrats-want-to-impeach-trump-but-look-at-the-hypocrisy/
Democrats want to impeach Trump. But on the basis of what? What about when there was REAL proof that 
Obama acted criminally?
Remember When Democrats Tried To Impeach Obama?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2REgX1Z4zek&feature=emb_logo

Democrats Want to Impeach Trump
Yes, it may not be shocking that Democrats want to impeach Trump and are trying to do whatever they can to kick him out of the White House. But it IS hypocritical! What did they do when former President Barak Obama committed illegal act after illegal act? Nothing. They did nothing. To them, Obama was the president that could do no wrong – even when he was lying to the American people and abusing his power. It is so absurd when you hear it spelled out so clearly in this video. All the wrong that Obama did, all the evidence that proved it, all the lies, and yet Democrats did nothing. They did not try to impeach him.

But they are trying to impeach President Trump without evidence of anything. That is just called a double standard. That is called hypocrisy. And that is NOT how any political party in America should act!

Aren’t We All Americans?
There are different political parties. But at the end of the day, we are all Americans. We should not be seeking out the destruction and impeachment of a president just because we may disagree with some policies. If they go against the law and there is reason for impeachment, then that is one thing. But to constantly criticize and hate a president “just because,” well, that is just wrong.

Democrats had their 8 years with Barak Obama. It is time they take a backseat and let someone else take the wheel.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/94-year-old-to-follow-in-captain-toms-footsteps-for-world-jewish-relief/
  94-year-old to follow in Captain Tom’s footsteps for World Jewish Relief
Robin Myers has so far raised £1,136 of her £2,000 target for the humanitarian charity, which she says works to 'support the most deprived people worldwide'
shares
By MATHILDE FROT
May 1, 2020, 12:20 pm
Captain Tom
A 94-year-old isolating in Cambridge is aiming to follow in the footsteps of Captain Tom by walking 200 laps of her garden.

Robin Myers has raised £1,136 of her £2,000 target for the humanitarian agency World Jewish Relief.

She is completing 12 laps a day and is endeavouring to walk a total of 16 miles by next Thursday.

Myers, who previously worked as an archivist at the rare books and manuscripts library at Corpus Christi College in Cambridge, says she was inspired to take on the challenge by the fundraising army veteran Colonel Tom Moore, who raised £30,000 for the NHS.

Robin Myers (Credit: World Jewish Relief)
“Inspired by Captain Tom Moore’s efforts, I have decided to walk for World Jewish Relief – an international humanitarian agency that is working within and beyond the Jewish community to support the most deprived people worldwide,” she said.

She added: “Being old myself, I feel very much for the older people World Jewish Relief supports across eastern Europe. Many of them are very lonely and live in abject poverty in tiny ex-Soviet apartments in need of repair and refurbishment. World Jewish Relief provides this.

“We ourselves are now experiencing the hardship of isolation but this is nothing compared with those who have no one for company and no way of connecting with the outside world.”

You can donate to Robin’s fundraiser online.
http://www.worldjewishrelief.org/robinmyers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Apr 2020, 1:50 pm

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/united-synagogue-donates-supermarket-vouchers-to-asylum-seekers-during-lockdown/
United Synagogue donates supermarket vouchers to asylum seekers during lockdown
One asylum seeker thanked the movement, saying: 'We really appreciate it, thank you for thinking of us, thank you for everything'
By MATHILDE FROT
April 27, 2020, 2:18 pm  
An asylum seeker’s child, who has not been named, being supported by United Synagogue
United Synagogue (US) has donated supermarket vouchers to around 100 asylum seekers who normally attend its drop-in centres, forced to close last month amid the lockdown.

The movement, which says the vouchers should provide support for a period of three months, is exploring safe ways to donate toiletries and nappies.

US provides asylum seekers with access to hot meals, clothing, a children’s play area, legal and medical advice, a supermarket voucher and a travel money.

But it was forced to close its two drop-in centres based in Hendon United Synagogue and Woodford Forest United Synagogue.

One asylum seeker, who wished to remain anonymous, said: “It is so difficult being an asylum seeker right now and I just don’t know what we’d have done with the United Synagogue’s help. We really appreciate it, thank you for thinking of us, thank you for everything…I don’t have words to thank you.”

Yael Peleg, director of strategy and development at the US Jewish living department, said: “The United Synagogue has rightly prioritised helping its members during this crisis, providing more than 1,000 Seder in a box kits and nearly 1,000 Pesach parcels for our most vulnerable families. We have also ensured that the asylum seekers who rely on our centres are also supported at this challenging time.

“We had been receiving heart-breaking phone calls from distressed asylum seekers but once the vouchers arrived there was such relief in their voices. It is right we have been able to help them in this way. In addition, we are still trying to find a safe system to send them some toiletries and nappies which are always in urgent need.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 28 Apr 2020, 1:48 pm

ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS - Page 36 Bornin10
Can A Nation Be Born In A Day? Celebrating Israel’s Independence Day
There are two very significant days for Israel that come right after each other – a day of mourning followed by a day of rejoicing. First there is the annual Memorial Day for all those who have died in Israel’s struggle to exist, either in the armed forces or as a result of terrorism. It is a day of solemn recognition that there have been many casualties in the birth and continued existence of the State of Israel. As it often seems to be in the Jewish way of life, the bitter and the sweet are juxtaposed – almost without time to catch a breath. The following day is Israel’s Independence Day, when the nation breaks out into a huge party to celebrate its reestablishment after a 2000 year exile.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-B3j8Oocsg&feature=emb_logo

The Sound of Sirens
The Jewish day starts the evening of the day before… so Memorial Day officially begins in the evening at 20:00, with a siren that lasts for one minute, and a ceremony at the Western Wall. The next morning at 11:00, a siren will wail throughout the land for two minutes, and everybody will stop what they are doing and stand in silence. Even people driving on highways will get pull over and get out of their car in memory of all those who have perished. 23,816 have been killed in the line of duty leaving many thousands of families bereaved, and at least 3,150. civilians have died as a result of terror attacks.1 There are services to commemorate those who have fallen and to honour their memory. Then later that very evening, the mood shifts 180 degrees, and celebration erupts on the streets for Independence day.

Miracle Birth
The British began to remove their troops towards the end of April 1948. On May 14 1948, David Ben-Gurion, the chairman of the Jewish Agency for Palestine, announced the formation of the new state of Israel. He said,

“The Nazi Holocaust, which engulfed millions of Jews in Europe, proved anew the urgency of the reestablishment of the Jewish State, which would solve the problem of Jewish homelessness by opening the gates to all Jews and lifting the Jewish people to equality in the family of nations.”2

Ben Gurion saw the horrors of the Holocaust as paving the way to the birth of a Jewish State, and he was not alone in making such a suggestion. Would the miracle of the recreation of Israel ever have happened without such an atrocity on a scale that we can still barely comprehend? These questions are impossible for earth-bound humanity to answer, but again, we see the closely bound bitter and sweet, almost too close for comfort.

And what was a day of astonishing joy for the Jewish people was also a day of sorrow and anguish for the Arabs who suddenly no longer owned the land they had been living in for generations. Again, joy and pain uncomfortably closely together. Whilst we can rejoice in God’s fulfilled promises and a new start for Israel, we also know that this day is not an easy one for all of her inhabitants. God still cares deeply for all the peoples of this area and seeks to give them their blessing, hope and salvation. Whilst many Arab Christians will struggle with celebrating this day, there are numbers of Arab believers who truly rejoice in God’s physical restoration of Israel, and seek her spiritual restoration promised in the scripture. This too, is a miracle, and the handiwork of an awesome God.

For God had determined that he would regather his people and plant them back in the land he had chosen for them. And he promised that it would happen in one day flat:

“Who has ever heard of such things? Who has ever seen things like this? Can a country be born in a day, or a nation be brought forth in a moment? Yet no sooner is Zion in labor than she gives birth to her children. Do I bring to the moment of birth and not give delivery?” says the LORD. “Do I close up the womb when I bring to delivery?” says your God. “Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad for her, all you who love her; rejoice greatly with her, all you who mourn over her.” (Isaiah 66:8-10)

The Amplified Bible notes about this verse give this comment:

“Never in the history of the world had such a thing happened before–but God keeps His word. As definitely foretold here and in Ezekiel 37:21, 22, Israel became a recognized nation, actually “born in one day.”

After being away from their homeland for almost 2,000 years, the Jews were given a national homeland in Palestine by the Balfour Declaration in November, 1917. In 1922, the League of Nations gave Great Britain the mandate over Palestine. On May 14, 1948, Great Britain withdrew her mandate, and immediately Israel was declared a sovereign state, and her growth and importance among nations became astonishing.”

Worth The Wait
“For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.” Habakkuk 2:3

The church fathers struggled to know how to interpret the numerous references to Israel after hundreds of years had gone by, and the nation of Israel was apparently no more. After the destruction of the temple, the Jewish people were scattered far and wide, and with every passing century it seemed less and less likely that the situation would, or could, ever change. How to make sense of those promises for this nation that seemed to have disappeared for good? The solution they landed upon was to claim all the references and promises should be transferred to the church. Israel had rejected the Messiah, so God had rejected them, and now the church must surely be the true Israel.

“I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means!”

Paul strongly rejects this way of thinking in Romans 11, but it’s easy to see why it did look like a forlorn situation. You and I have the privilege denied to millions of believers who have lived and died before us – we know that this prophecy has indeed finally come to pass. We can know that God’s promises to Israel still stand.

God promised to regather the exiles from the four corners of the earth and he promised to reestablish Israel. It just took an awfully long time. People gave up and got confused during the wait. What a great reminder this is for us to hold on to God’s promises and not give up! Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come.

[1] Statistics from the IDF and Times of Israel 2019: https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-prepares-to-commemorate-23741-fallen-soldiers-3150-terror-victims/ 
[2] The United States Holocaust Memorial Museum
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 22 Apr 2020, 12:03 pm

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/prince-charles-hails-survivors-refugees-as-living-heroes-in-yom-hashoah-clip/
Prince Charles honours survivors as ‘living heroes’ during virtual Yom HaShoah
The heir to the throne was among a host of public figures, faith leaders and politicians to pay their respects in the ceremony lived-streamed on Monday
shares
By MATHILDE FROT
April 20, 2020, 9:14 pm
Prince Charles delivering a video message as part of the ceremonyPrince Charles delivering a video 
See Page for VIDEO
message as part of the ceremonySadiq Khan delivering a pre-recorded Yom HaShoah video messageSadiq Khan delivering a pre-recorded Yom HaShoah video messageBoard of Deputies president Marie van der Zyl at virtual Yom HaShoah ceremonyBoard of Deputies president Marie van der Zyl at virtual Yom HaShoah ceremonyIsraeli president Reuven RivlinIsraeli president Reuven RivlinCountdown presenter Rachel RileyCountdown presenter Rachel RileyFormer Labour MP Luciana BergerFormer Labour MP Luciana BergerIsraeli Ambassador's pre-recorded video message broadcast during the Yom HaShoahIsraeli Ambassador's pre-recorded video message broadcast during the Yom HaShoahChazzan Jonny Turgel, grandson of survivors and educators Gena Turgel MBE and Sam Gardner, performing El Malei RachamimChazzan Jonny Turgel, grandson of survivors and educators Gena Turgel MBE and Sam Gardner, performing El Malei RachamimCommunal candle lightingCommunal candle lightingCommunities secretary Robert JenrickCommunities secretary Robert Jenrick

Prince Charles hailed Holocaust survivors and refugees as “living heroes”, praising them for the contributions they made to British society since the Holocaust.

The royal, a patron of Holocaust Memorial Day and World Jewish Relief, was among a host of public figures, faith leaders and politicians to pay their respects in video messages broadcast during this year’s ceremony, live-streamed on Monday and of which Jewish News was a media partner.

The Prince of Wales paid tribute to survivors and refugees, who went on to become “the leaders and builders of your community, active citizens and dedicated contributors to wider British society.”

“They have been and continue to be shining examples to the world of how it is possible to triumph over adversity. Whilst they may consider themselves the lucky ones, when so many did not survive, to us they are simply nothing short of living heroes, who were determined not just to survive but to thrive as they built new lives, new homes and new families here in the United Kingdom,” he said.

Over 60,000 people worldwide tuned in to watch the ceremony on YouTube and Facebook Live, which organisers say is expected to reach 200,000 in the coming days.

The annual day for Holocaust remembrance in the community coincided this year with the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Bergen Belsen by the British Army.

The ceremony featured videos of six Holocaust survivors and refugees lighting a yellow candle, each in memory of those who were murdered in the Shoah.

They were Kindertransport refugee Sir Eric Reich, Theresienstadt survivor Joanna Millan, child refugee Isca Wittenberg, Auschwitz and Lieberstadt slave labour camp survivor Mindu Hornick, Auschwitz survivor Sam Laskier and Eva Clarke, who was born in Mauthausen concentration camp.

Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis said the “world needs to heed the call of our Holocaust survivors to ensure that the Shoah will never in any shape or form happen again.”

Rabbi Mirvis discussed rising antisemitism in the past year but struck a positive note as he told the commemoration that “within the dark clouds of the coronavirus, we can see a silver lining… A sense of unity, unity in our communities, on our streets, in our towns, in our cities, national unity and global unity, as all of humankind faces covid-19 like one person with one heart.”

Among those who spoke at the ceremony, included Prince Charles, Sadiq Khan and Marie van der Zyl; President Reuven Rivlin, Rachel Riley and Luciana Berger, Mark Regev, Jonny Turgel and Robert Jenrick
Shoah educator Henry Grunwald, vice-president of Yom HaShoah UK, said Kaddish after a performance of El Malei Rachamim by Chazan Jonny Turgel, grandson to the late Gena Turgel, who met her husband upon liberation from Bergen-Belsen and became known as the “Bride of Belsen.”

“We don’t normally say Kaddish without a minyan, but the Kaddish which we say on Yom HaShoah is of enormous importance to survivors and to the families of survivors,” Grunwald told the livestream before reciting Kaddish.

Neil Martin, who chairs Yom HaShoah UK and produced the event, said: “Holocaust survivors and refugees are of course right now isolating in their homes for their safety, and may well have believed that this year the community won’t be able to remember on Yom HaShoah, in what might sadly be for so many of them the last of the significant anniversaries. It was vital therefore, that despite the obstacles we faced, and sadly the large number of coronavirus deaths hitting the Jewish community, that we still remembered… but virtually, and we were truly honoured that The Prince of Wales agreed to lead the tributes to the brave and inspiring survivors and refugees of our community. It may sound strange, but I’m proud we were able to use Yom HaShoah to bring some hope and togetherness to our community (and beyond) during this difficult time.”

Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick extended his “good wishes to the Jewish community on this solemn occasion” and warned it had “never been more important to fight against the world’s oldest form of hatred.”

Israeli president Reuven Rivlin said that “while the coronavirus may have prevented us from marching from Auschwitz Birkenau, nothing can prevent us from passing on the memory of the Shoah to the next generation”, in an apparent reference to the postponed March of the Living.

He added: “As we fight the spread of the coronavirus, we must never forget the survivors among us. Not only must we make sure that all the needs are met, but we must also continue to listen to their story if not, in person, then through technology, as we are doing just now.”

Labour leader Keir Starmer stressed the importance of remembrance and added: “In the Shoah we see the worst of humanity but we also see the best in the hope and resilience of those that survived and rebuilt their lives, allowing the Jewish culture to make a significant contribution, not just here in Britain and across the world.”

Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham recounted a conversation he had with Auschwitz survivor Ike Alterman, who shared his testimony “with more than a sprinkling of dry Mancunian wit”.

Alterman, Burnham said, told of “things that are the most horrific anyone can imagine and also the joy of arriving at Windermere at the end of the war, paradise of Windermere, as he described it, and the kindness of the British people who met him there.”

London Mayor Sadiq Khan told of his “great regret that we can’t all come together in person today” but urged viewers watching at home to “remember together the 6 million Jewish men, women and children who were killed in the Holocaust, alongside so many other innocent people.”

Remembrance, he added, “feels more important than ever before as we confront the depressing reality of hatred, antisemitism and nativist populism on the rise, once again around the world.”

Board of Deputies president Marie van der Zyl said: “As we gather, we not only remember the victims of the Shoah, we also pay tribute to the remarkable achievements of the survivors and refugees who fled the Nazis, many of whom will be watching from their homes today. We must unite as never before to ensure that these horrors can never be repeated.”
The commemoration also featured a virtual children’s choir recital, a speech from Israeli Ambassador Mark Regev, and readings by Countdown presenter Rachel Riley, Judge Robert Rinder and Game of Thrones actress Laura Pradelska.

Watch the virtual children’s choir’s performance here:
VIDEO 
https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/prince-charles-hails-survivors-refugees-as-living-heroes-in-yom-hashoah-clip/
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 20 Apr 2020, 5:56 pm

https://www.oneforisrael.org/bible-based-teaching-from-israel/the-torah-singles-out-resurrection-sunday/
The Torah Singles Out Resurrection Sunday!
Guest blog by Jonathan Miles of Shevet Achim

The holidays point so clearly to Jesus. His connections with Passover are well-known to most of us. But did we know that the Sunday of his resurrection is also singled out in the Torah?

When my family and I first came to Israel in 1990, we’d hear occasional references to the day of Jesus’ resurrection as the “Feast of First Fruits.” I didn’t really understand where the name came from, and when I finally learned more I had to ask in astonishment: Why have I never been told this before?

Leviticus holds the key
The origin of First Fruits is in Leviticus 23, the chapter which provides the fullest description of all the holy days of Israel. If we’re not paying attention it’s easy as we read to skip right past the few verses which describe what takes place during Passover week:

“And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, ‘Speak to the people of Israel and say to them, When you come into the land that I give you and reap its harvest, you shall bring the sheaf of the first fruits of your harvest to the priest, and he shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, so that you may be accepted. On the day after the Sabbath the priest shall wave it. And on the day when you wave the sheaf, you shall offer a male lamb a year old without blemish as a burnt offering to the LORD. And the grain offering with it shall be two tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil, a food offering to the LORD with a pleasing aroma, and the drink offering with it shall be of wine, a fourth of a hin. And you shall eat neither bread nor grain parched or fresh until this same day, until you have brought the offering of your God: it is a statute forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.’”

So the Sunday of Passover week, the day after the Sabbath, is set apart by Moses as the Feast of First Fruits: the barley harvest in the land is just ripening, and the first sheaf must be presented before the LORD before all the rest may be gathered in. Immediately we think of Paul’s picture of Jesus as the first fruits of those risen from the dead:

“But in fact Messiah has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep. For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in Messiah shall all be made alive. But each in his own order: Messiah the first fruits, then at his coming those who belong to Messiah.”

How amazing that Messiah was presented alive before the Father on our behalf on this very day of First Fruits, just as the lamb with bread and wine was presented in the temple.

But the story in Leviticus doesn’t end there…

“You shall count seven full weeks from the day after the Sabbath, from the day that you brought the sheaf of the wave offering. You shall count fifty days to the day after the seventh Sabbath. Then you shall present a grain offering of new grain to the LORD. You shall bring from your dwelling places two loaves of bread to be waved, made of two tenths of an ephah. They shall be of fine flour, and they shall be baked with leaven, as first fruits to the LORD.”

Countdown
So this Resurrection Sunday, this Feast of First Fruits, is the trigger to start the countdown of seven weeks to something big: the Feast of Weeks (Pentecost), the second of the three pilgrimage holy days each year when all Israel is called to assemble in Jerusalem. The Torah gives no explanation of why this day is to be set apart, which led ancient sages to call it the “unfinished holy day.” (Later traditions linking the day to the giving of the law at Sinai are not taught by the Torah itself.)

So we have two holy days which are unique in falling on a fixed day of the week, Sunday; all other Torah holy days fluctuate from day to day based on the lunar calendar.

Now let’s return to Jesus, raised from the dead on the first day of this countdown. For forty days he then appeared to and taught his disciples; Paul even records appearing to 500 at one time. Then on the Friday he ascends from the Mount of Olives to the right hand of the Father, he strictly charges them to wait in Jerusalem. Nine days yet remain in the countdown launched by his resurrection.

And yes, exactly seven weeks after First Fruits, when the day of Pentecost had fully come, the world changed.

The unfinished holy day was fulfilled as the long-promised Holy Spirit of God was poured out, before the astonished eyes of the Jews who had gathered from across the known world. And Peter–who like the other disciples was previously fearful, confused and vain–suddenly spoke out with the boldness of the lion of Judah. The word of God from his lips to the multitudes cut them to the heart, and they asked “What shall we do?”

Friends, what a day. This is the power we disciples still need if we’re to accomplish the task Jesus gave us.

The real Pentecost
Why are we not thrilling to remember this countdown each year from Resurrection Sunday, cherishing each day of “counting the omer” (the days since the first fruits offering) just as the Jewish people still do?

This is particularly a weakness of the non-liturgical Western churches in which many of us grew up in the faith. We can allow this precious day of Pentecost to come and go without even a mention in our services. How the traditions of man can blind us to the word of God.

In this case not only Christian but rabbinic tradition has led us astray. After the Second Temple was destroyed (the prediction of which was one of the chief charges against Jesus), it fell to the Pharisees to rewrite the book of what became normative Judaism. As opposed to the literal interpretation of other Jewish schools of thought (Sadducees, Karaites, and Samaritans), the Pharisees claimed that “the day after the Sabbath” of Passover week wasn’t really Sunday, but rather whichever weekday happened to fall after the first day of Passover, since that day also was treated as a day of rest. There is no Torah precedent however for such an interpretation of “Sabbath,” and this new reading of the text had a radical effect: the Feast of First Fruits, and Pentecost seven weeks later, would no longer fall on a fixed day of the week. Especially the Torah would not single out so uniquely the Sunday of Passover week, the day on which certain heretical Jews claimed the Messiah was raised from the dead!

So this year of 2020, for example, the rabbinic calendar has the counting of the omer starting on Friday, April 10, meaning Pentecost is also celebrated on a Friday, May 29. For those of us living among the Jewish people, this misplaced holy day can easily cause us to miss the true and intimate connection between Resurrection Sunday and Pentecost Sunday.

God forbid that we allow the real Pentecost to pass by unnoticed on Sunday, May 31. We who desperately need the power of God can ill afford to ignore the day long ago set apart for the outpouring of the Holy Spirit. The spouse who blithely forgets a wedding anniversary does not jeopardize the relationship itself; nevertheless the partner is grieved to know that their gift of covenant love appears valued so lightly.

Friends, just as we honor Resurrection Sunday let us honor Pentecost Sunday seven weeks later: for it is the raising of Jesus that made it possible for God to dwell in us through his Holy Spirit.

Full article on the Shevet Achim website, published here with permission

“Fundamental to the Shevet Achim identity is the understanding that we as non-Jews have through Messiah been brought near and grafted in to the salvation history of the people of Israel. So it’s our privilege while living among the Jewish people to honor the Shabbats and holidays which are, according to the Torah and prophets, everlasting signs of their covenant with God.”

Shevet Achim communities help children from Gaza, Iraq and Syria come to Israel for open-heart surgeries. The name “Shevet Achim” comes from this verse in Psalm 133:

“Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity!” 

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/labour-could-face-8m-legal-bill-over-leaked-antisemitism-probe-report-claims/
Labour could face £8m legal bill over leaked antisemitism probe, report claims
MP Margaret Hodge said: 'It's a crying shame that our new leader has been left with such a big financial mess to fix, particularly on top of everything else we face'
By JEWISH NEWS REPORTER
April 20, 2020, 3:14 pm  1
Labour leader Keir Starmer (Photo credit: Danny Lawson/PA Wire)
The Labour Party could face an £8 million legal bill over multiple lawsuits arising from a leaked internal probe of antisemitism, a report claims.

The Mail on Sunday reported on speculation from “sources close to those identified by the leak”, compensation and legal costs could be “enormous” and range from £3 million to £8m. An unnamed MP told the newspaper the bill could “just bankrupt the party”.

The 860-page report found “no evidence” of antisemitism complaints being handled differently from other forms of complaint, or of current or former staff being “motivated by antisemitic intent”.

But it found that “factional opposition” in the upper echelons of the party towards former labour leader Jeremy Corbyn contributed to “a litany of mistakes” which hindered the effective handling of the issue.

Media lawyer Mark Lewis, of the firm Patron Law, said last week he was instructed to pursue libel claims and claims of data protection breaches against those publishing allegations contained in the report.

An internal inquiry has been launched into the leak and the Information Commissioner’s Office informed.

In a statement to Jewish News on Monday, Labour MP Margaret Hodge said: “It’s a crying shame that our new leader has been left with such a big financial mess to fix, particularly on top of everything else we face as a country and a party.

“I am sure Keir and the new leadership team will work to clean up Labour’s finances as part of the wider mission to get our house back in order.”
Meanwhile, Labour’s general secretary warned constituency parties sharing the report on social media or elsewhere “on an unauthorised basis will be immediately exposing themselves to potential significant civil and criminal liability.”

A Labour spokesperson told the Press Association last week the party “takes its responsibilities for data protection and the security and integrity of its data and systems extremely seriously.”
The Labour Party was approached for comment.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/prince-charles-to-pay-tribute-to-holocaust-survivors-during-yom-hashoah-ceremony/
Marking Yom HaShoah, Prince Charles hails Holocaust survivors
Heir to the throne's pre-recorded message will be beamed into care homes so survivors can tune in, with other speakers including Chief Rabbi Mirvis, Robert Jenrick and Keir Starmer
By JEWISH NEWS REPORTER
April 20, 2020, 3:53 pm  
Prince Charles speaks during the Fifth World Holocaust Forum at the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial museum in Jerusalem, Israel, (Photo by: Yonatan Sindel-JINIPIX)
The Prince of Wales is to pay tribute to Holocaust survivors during tonight’s Yom HaShoah ceremony.

The heir to the throne’s pre-recorded address will be aired during the event, which will be live streamed online from 7.10pm. It will also be beamed directly into care homes ensuring Holocaust survivors can watch or listen to it.

The event, which marks the annual day for Holocaust remembrance in the community, this year coincides with the 75th anniversary of the liberation of Bergen Belsen by the British Army.

In wake of the virus outbreak, plans to hold a ceremony attended by up to 10,000 people were put on hold. More than 100 charities came together instead, agreeing to broadcast a virtual commemoration.

In addition to a pre-recorded message by the Prince of Wales, there will also be a virtual children’s choir recital, as well as readings by Countdown presenter Rachel Riley, Judge Robert Rinder and Game of Thrones actress Laura Pradelska.

Other speakers this evening include the Chief Rabbi Ephraim Mirvis, Israeli Ambassador Mark Regev,  Communities Secretary Robert Jenrick, Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer, and Mayor of London Sadiq Khan.

Neil Martin, who chairs Yom HaShoah UK, said: “Holocaust survivors and refugees are of course right now isolating in their homes for their safety, and may well have believed that this year the community won’t be able to remember on Yom HaShoah, in what might sadly be for so many of them the last of the significant anniversaries. It was vital, despite the obstacles we face, and sadly the large number of coronavirus deaths hitting the Jewish community, that we do remember… but ‘virtually’, and we are truly honoured that The Prince of Wales has agreed to lead the tributes to the brave and inspiring survivors and refugees of our community.”
Earlier this year, Prince Charles embarked on a landmark visit to Israel, during which he attended the Fifth World Holocaust Forum at the Yad Vashem.
Tune into the ceremony, which Jewish News is a media sponsor, on Yom HaShoah UK’s website: https://www.yomhashoah.org.uk/LIVE or on its social medi
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 07 Apr 2020, 7:34 pm

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/93-year-old-beats-virus-thanks-to-nhs-and-chicken-soup-1/
93-year-old beats virus ‘thanks to NHS and chicken soup’
Prize-winning bridge player Betty Bobbe, who has six grandchildren and five great-grandchildren, fought off the illness with 'positive thinking' and is now back at home

April 7, 2020, 11:57 am
Betty Bobbe 93 with her great grandson.
A 93-year old Jewish great-grandmother from Hendon who survived the Blitz has beaten COVID-19 with a combination of chicken soup and “brilliant” medical care after being discharged from hospital.

The family of prize-winning bridge player Betty Bobbe, who turns 94 in August, said she was now back home recovering with the help of her live-in carer Zen after ten days in the COVID-19 ward at London’s Royal Free.

Betty, who has two children, six grandchildren and five great-grandchildren, beat the virus with “positive thinking,” her family said, and now says she “can’t wait to get back to my bridge classes”.

The tough-nut gran spent the Blitz in London after taking a dislike to Wales, re-joining her parents in their London shop to spend most evenings in bomb shelters, and her grandson Sam Raven said the Blitz spirit helped her beat the virus.

“We feared the worst,” he said, speaking to Jewish News. “We were all constantly terrified, and it was a huge struggle for her not to have contact with her family, but the NHS looked after her brilliantly.”

He said his grandma “got through with the help of the Blitz spirit and with her diet of chicken soup and gefiltefish she fought the virus and won”.

Betty with one of her young great-grandchildren
Betty’s love of bridge, and talent for it, has taken her all over the world, playing in tournaments, but her first love is family, and that is clearly reciprocated.

“Everyone loves her,” said Sam, a screenwriter who lives in West Hampstead. “She was an only child who grew up in tough times and through her life she has amassed hundreds of friends, who were all rooting for her.”

Betty, whose husband Simon died ten years ago, does not know how she caught the virus, but first developed a cough and a temperature three weeks ago. Finally, when breathing became difficult, she went to hospital where she tested positive.

“Living through the Blitz helped her tough it out,” said Sam. “That and her life-long belief in positive thinking… She’s an eternal optimist, and of course her chicken soup recipe is first-class!”

Asked if she had a message for others, Betty said: “Keep your mask on, follow NHS advice and don’t be afraid to get help if your symptoms worsen.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 05 Apr 2020, 10:27 pm

https://israelunwired.com/israels-security-takes-a-hit-because-of-coronavirus/
Israel’s Security Takes A Hit Because Of Coronavirus
By Phil Schneider - April 5, 2020 3004 0
The security situation of the State of Israel is always one where Israel must never let down it’s guard. It has been like this since before the creation of the State of Israel. There is no question that Israel’s enemies are able to both focus on the Corona threat within their countries and to focus on their battle against the Jewish State.
There is ample experience that the world has seen of dictators trying to take advantage of difficult times in the world to advance their agendas. During World War II, Stalin was just as focused on spreading the forces of Communism as he was in defeating the Nazi threat to the Soviet Union. Even friends of the United States, like Great Britain seemed quite focused on keeping as much of the British Empire in tact after World War II despite the fact that they were literally fighting for their lives against the Nazis.
In today’s day and age, China, the source of the Coronavirus, may indeed be trying to use the world pandemic to advance their status as a world power. It is simply unbelievable that the United States needs to work hard to get the masks they need from China in order to save the lives of brave health-care workers on the front-lines. Both the United States and the State of Israel need to learn from this pandemic how absolutely critical it is to be as independent as possible of dictatorial countries from supplying critical supplies in the event of an emergency. Israel is already pretty good at this. One of the most important lessons that the United States will learn from this pandemic is what the boy scouts have been teaching for decades – be prepared. But even more important, the lesson that we are all learning the hard way is to be independent too.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 31 Mar 2020, 4:40 pm

https://israelunwired.com/coronavirus-has-shown-why-the-democrats-are-insane/
Coronavirus Has Shown Why The Democrats Are Insane
democrats-insane
When people put their political agenda above saving lives, you know something is wrong. This is exactly what is happening..
Coronavirus Has Shown Why The Democrats Are Insane
By Phil Schneider - March 31, 2020 3393 0
OK – insane may be too strong a word. But, all of the adjectives that have been used by Democrats to criticize the Republican leadership – and especially Donald Trump – over the recent months and years, are unfortunately very true about the Democrats themselves. Unhinged, disconnected, biased, etc.. – these all unfortunately do apply to so many in the Democratic leadership. The completely obsessive focus on doing anything to bash the Trump administration has unfortunately not brought out the best side of the Democratic party.
This Week Democrats Say: "You Hate Old People!" | Steve Deace Show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQWbBAEwPec&feature=emb_logo
One would think that with a pandemic attacking the world at a pace that is unprecedented in our lifetime, politics would be put aside. But, truth be told, both sides – Democratic and Republican – have seemingly continued their cat and mouse chasing of each other at every turn.

We need a return to normalcy and decency. There is no problem with disagreement. There is no problem with mistakes on either side. But the level of rancor that exists between the two sides is so destructive that even when a small amount of bipartisanship is necessary in order to save the country from economic disasters, each side keeps sniping at the other side.

I suggest a one-sided truce from the Republican side. Of course, that does not mean to give up on one’s principles. But, the manner in which so many Fox commentators and President Trump focus on the stupidity of Democrats is not the ideal way to defeat the idiotic ideas. The way to do it is to dig deeper and establish the Republican party as the party of the fact-based policies. The motto should be “Facts, facts, and more facts.” Fact-based decisions should lead the way. Over time, the Democrats will shift and begin to argue about the facts. That’s when we’ll know that we have defeated the Democratic feeling-based policies that truly are insane. But we must practice more civility and just stick to the facts.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 31 Mar 2020, 4:04 pm

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/why-jews-may-be-at-more-risk-of-virus-and-why-they-may-not/
Why Jews may be at more risk of virus, and why they may not
Jonathan Boyd of the JPR breaks down the risks to the community from Covid-19, in wake of news that almost 5 percent of UK deaths are Jews.
By JONATHAN BOYD
March 27, 2020, 1:58 pm  1
Sanitising the synagogue at the Moscow Jewish Community Center. Russia's Chief Rabbi Berl Lazar has ordered to close the synagogue at the Moscow. (Vladimir Gerdo/TASS)
Two things about COVID-19 appear to be very clear: the elderly at more at risk than the young, and those with underlying health conditions are more at risk than the otherwise healthy.
British Jews are old; second only to the Christian population of the UK, they have the oldest age profile of any religious group in the country. 21% of us are aged 65 and above, compared to a national average of 16.4%. So based on our age profile, Jews appear to be collectively more at risk than most others.
This week’s Jewish News front page
On the other hand, Jews are relatively healthy. 5% have bad or very bad health compared to a national average of 5.6%. That’s not an insignificant difference, particularly bearing in mind our age profile, and it’s because Jews, in general, have a wealthier and better educated socio-economic profile than average, and are thus less likely to adopt unhealthy habits and behaviours.

Get The Jewish News Daily Edition by email and never miss our top stories
But the primary danger to Jews, like everyone else, lies in irresponsible actions. The temptation to convene, for halachic reasons and with Pesach pending, is perhaps stronger among Jews than others. We have to strongly resist this whilst finding creative ways to maintain the sense of community upon which Jewish collective life depends.

https://jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/london-shuls-shabbat-livestream-interrupted-by-vile-abuse/
London shul’s shabbat livestream interrupted by ‘vile abuse’
Messages, suspected to have been automated, peddled the antisemitic canard that Jews control the media
By MATHILDE FROT
March 30, 2020, 5:03 pm  
Screenshot of message allegedly sent to members of North Western Reform Synagogue
A north London shul’s online shabbat service was interrupted by a stream of “vile abuse,” a congregant told Jewish News.

The member of North Western Reform Synagogue in Alyth Gardens, who did not wish to be named, said on Monday: “It was incredibly upsetting to see such vile abuse during what was up until that point a really special and moving service for everyone involved.
“I am just so sad that whoever was responsible thought this was justified, adding to the anxiety and distress of people at what is already a really challenging time.”

The messages, suspected to have been automated, were allegedly sent to some 250 members who had tuned into the video conferencing platform Zoom last Friday evening for a Kabbalat shabbat service.

Some messages allegedly peddled the antisemitic canard that Jews control the media while others contained the racist N-word.

A spokeswoman for the Metropolitan Police confirmed on Tuesday officers received reports of abusive messages being sent to people attending an online service held by a synagogue in Alyth Gardens in Barnet.

“The messages were sent during the service at approximately 18.50hrs. No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue. Anyone with information is asked to call 101,” she said.

Rabbi Josh Levy, who hosted the service, said on Monday:“The zoom-bombing of our Friday night service with abusive messages was an intrusive violation of our sacred space.  The incident has been reported to the CST and police, and we have taken steps to ensure that it will not be possible for anyone to interrupt our services like this in the future.

“One of the founding ideals of our community is that we should welcome those who wish to join us for prayer.  We will continue to do so as much as is possible during these challenging times. We recognise that many Jewish households are not members of synagogues, or are members of communities that are not able to offer online services.  We want to assure them that they are still welcome to pray and study with us.

“It is deeply upsetting that at such a difficult period we are faced with additional challenges like these.  We will be keeping the security of our online provision under review through the weeks ahead.”
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 36 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40  Next