World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» JIHAD WATCH
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:39 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 11:35 pm by Admin

» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:51 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:44 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:37 pm by Admin

» The Holocaust and Faith
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:26 pm by Admin

» ISRAEL BREAKING NEWS
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:21 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:18 pm by Admin

» THE BLAZE
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 10:13 pm by Admin

» AISH Honest Reporting
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:52 pm by Admin

» israelAM
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:43 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 9:35 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyYesterday at 7:01 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyMon 06 May 2024, 9:44 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 8:06 pm by Admin

» AISH
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 6:50 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
Israel 365 News - Page 8 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Israel 365 News

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Israel 365 News - Page 8 Empty Re: Israel 365 News

Post  Admin Sat 30 Sep 2023, 8:57 pm

https://theisraelbible.com/natures-divine-lens/?
Shalom Zahara, Please enjoy today's Daily Inspiration from Israel.
When I behold Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and stars that You set in place,
כִּי־אֶרְאֶה שָׁמֶיךָ מַעֲשֵׂה אֶצְבְּעֹתֶיךָ יָרֵחַ וְכוֹכָבִים אֲשֶׁר כּוֹנָנְתָּה
Psalms 8:4 (The Israel Bible, p. 1480)
kee er-EH sha-ME-kha ma-a-SAY etz-b'-o-TE-kha ya-RAY-akh v'-ko-kha-VEEM a-SHER ko-na-n'-TAH
Nature's Divine Lens
By Rabbi Yaakov Wolff
A few months after our wedding, my wife and I embarked on a brief vacation in the Swiss Alps. At each stop on our itinerary, I found myself awestruck by the breathtaking beauty that surrounded us. The towering mountain ranges, glistening glaciers, cascading waterfalls, and the array of wildlife all brought to mind the verse, "and you shall love God, your Lord" (Deuteronomy 6:5). Maimonides explains that the path to loving God involves appreciating the marvels of creation, as expressed in Psalms 8:4-5:

When I behold Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon and stars that You set in place, what is man that You have been mindful of him, mortal man that You have taken note of him

As we sat atop one of the mountain peaks, immersing ourselves in this divine splendor, a small commotion caught my attention. Turning, I observed a group of approximately 50 individuals approaching the lookout. For a moment, I questioned whether we were at a mountain summit or a press conference as cameras clicked away with remarkable fervor, as though the mountains might vanish and the photo opportunity would be forever lost. The group ascended to the lookout, continued to snap their shutters, and then promptly departed.

Reflecting upon these photo-hungry tourists, I wondered: why do some people perceive the beauty of nature as a spiritual encounter while others remain unaffected, seeing it only as a fleeting, picture-worthy moment?

Video: This Week In Jihad with David Wood and Robert Spencer
Wednesday.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 29 Sep 2023, 11:06 pm

I will bless those who bless you and curse him that curses you; And all the families of the earth shall bless themselves by you.”
וַאֲבָרֲכָה מְבָרְכֶיךָ וּמְקַלֶּלְךָ אָאֹר וְנִבְרְכוּ בְךָ כֹּל מִשְׁפְּחֹת הָאֲדָמָה
Genesis 12:3 (The Israel Bible, p. 30)
va-a-va-r'-KHA m'-VA-r'-KHE-kha um-ka-lel-KHA a-OR v'-niv-r'-KHU v'-KHA KOL mish-p'-KHOT ha-a-da-MAH
The Consequences of Cursing Israel
By Rabbi Pesach Wolicki
Language in sacred texts often holds more than meets the eye. Sometimes, hidden between the lines and phrases, there's a pattern or change that speaks volumes. For example, Genesis 12:3 says: "I will bless those who bless you and he who curses you I shall curse; and all the families of the earth shall be blessed through you." Upon careful reading of this verse, we notice a striking change from the first clause to the second. The phrase "those who bless you" is written in the plural form whereas "he who curses you" is written in the singular. What is the reason for this shift? Is it suggesting that those who curse Abraham and his descendants do so as individuals, while those who bless Israel do so as part of a collective?
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE https://theisraelbible.com/the-consequences-of-cursing-israel/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 29 Sep 2023, 9:17 pm

Israeli Singer Releases Jewish Version of Christian Hymn
Millions of Bible-believing Christians around the world are tuning in to see the Watchmen's video featuring Rabbi Tuly Weisz, the head of Israel365, talking about Israel's prophetic destiny.
READ MORE » https://www.israel365news.com/375968/sneak-preview-rabbi-tuly-weisz-talks-israels-prophetic-destiny/?

https://www.israel365news.com/375952/israeli-singer-releases-jewish-version-of-christian-hymn/?
Israeli Singer Releases Jewish Version of Christian Hymn
Of David. Bless Hashem, O my soul, all my being, His holy name.
PSALMS103:1(THE ISRAEL BIBLE)
Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz
BIBLICAL NEWS
SEPTEMBER 29, 2023
3 MIN READ
Home » Israeli Singer releases Jewish version of Christian Hymn
As his name implies, Yair Levi is descended from the Temple musicians and his music is an expression of his love for the God of Israel. While it may seem out of character, he recorded a Hebrew-language version of the popular Christian Grammy-winning hymn, 10,000 Reasons, as a tribute to the original. It has already garnered 100,000 ‘likes’ on Instagram in its first day online.
The song, 10,000 Reasons, composed by the English Christian singer-songwriter Matt Redman and the Swedish songwriter Jonas Myrin, was inspired by the opening verse of Psalm 103; “Of David. Bless Hashem, O my soul, all my being, His holy name.” The song enumerates various attributes of the love of God for mankind that make him worthy of “praise unending”, and worship for “ten thousand years and then forevermore”. Redman recorded the song and it spent 16 weeks at the top spot on Christian Radio. In 2013, the song won two Grammy Awards. It has been rerecorded multiple times and translated into several languages.
But Levi’s rendition, released on Thursday, is the first Hebrew version of the song.
“As you know, the Hebrew language is a very deep thing,” Levi wrote about the video. “For me, taking this amazing song and singing it with the words of King David (Psalms) is a very powerful and spiritual thing! I hope you will pray with me and in Hebrew with this song.”
Indeed, the Hebrew adds a powerful element to the popular melody. Levy also makes videos in English in which he explains the deeper aspects of Biblical Hebrew.
“According to Jewish tradition, King David would take foreign melodies and use them to write the Psalms,” Levi said. Levi noted that he is descended from Sephardi Jews and the traditional Sephardi music frequently uses Middle Eastern melodies. This influence comes through clearly in his music.
Levi first heard the song while touring the US a few months ago and began to sing it in Hebrew. He sent a recording of this to Redman.
“He was deeply touched by my version and gave his blessing that I should record it,” Levi said. “This is not a copy or an attempt to rip him off. This is a tribute intended to honor the artist and God.”
Levi frequently performs for Christian audiences.
“I was reluctant at first because I thought it was forbidden by Jewish law,” Levi said. “I am first and foremost a Jew and from the nation of Israel.”
He consulted with his prominent rabbi who advised him on how to do these performances.
“I am acting as a light unto the nations. Many Christians have never met an Israeli or an Orthodox Jew. They have certainly not met an Orthodox Jew like me who does not wear black.”
Levi is a relative latecomer to music. As a teen, he loved music and formed a band. But when he was drafted into the IDF, he served in the elite Shayetet 13 for eight years, the Israeli equivalent of the navy seals, achieving the rank of captain. While serving in the IDF, Levi became religious and resigned from his commission. He restarted his music career but pandemic restrictions seemed to shut this down, making it impossible to perform in public.
One day, he composed a song as a prayer for healing for his grandmother. El Na Refa Na (Numbers 12:13) went viral and was translated into several languages. One of the most interesting cover versions for ‘Refa Na’ was of the Lebanese Christian singer Carine Basilli, who asked Yair to sing the song with her in Arabic, as a prayer for peace in the Middle East.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 29 Sep 2023, 6:53 pm

Elaine, the joy of the Lord is your strength!

Nehemiah 8:9-10 And Nehemiah, who was the governor, and Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who taught the people said to all the people, "This day is holy to the LORD your God; do not mourn nor weep." For all the people were weeping, when they heard the words of the Law. Then he said to them, "Go your way, eat of the fat, drink of the sweet, and send portions to those for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. Do not sorrow, for the joy of the LORD is your strength."

Tonight begins the Biblical feast of Sukkot (Feast of Tabernacles) throughout the world!

Roughly 2500 years ago, there was a special Sukkot celebration in Jerusalem. The people of Israel were exiled and dispersed all across the Babylonian empire. Later, they were given the right to return and start construction on the 2nd temple of Israel. Nehemiah 8 speaks of the special celebration that happened at that time. We read how Ezra taught the people out of the book of the law and how they responded in weeping and repentance before the God of Israel.

Interestingly, Sukkot is a holiday in which the people were commanded to rejoice, yet they were weeping in repentance. And then, in verse 9, they did! Isn’t it true that joy always comes after the mourning?

Elaine, the word for strength in Hebrew is ”mah-oz”. Not only does it mean strength, but it also means fortress and rock. When we commit our lives to walking in repentance and practicing holiness, then we will live in a constant state of joy. As the Apostle Paul said, Rejoice always! In our joy we find our fortress, our rock – the stability of our lives!

Your family in the Lord with much agape love,

George, Baht Rivka, Obadiah and Elianna (Dallas, TX)
(Jacksonville, Florida)

Editor's Note: We are planning our Winter Tour so if you would like us to minister at your congregation, home fellowship, or Israel focused event, be sure to let us know ASAP. You can send an email to george [ @ ] worthyministries.com for more information.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 28 Sep 2023, 10:31 pm

https://www.israel365news.com/375906/canadian-parliament-applauds-ukrainian-who-volunteered-for-the-ss-in-wwii-as-war-hero/?
Canadian Parliament applauds Ukrainian who volunteered for the SS in WWII as ‘War Hero’
Ah, Those who call evil good And good evil; Who present darkness as light And light as darkness; Who present bitter as sweet And sweet as bitter!
ISAIAH 5:20(THE ISRAEL BIBLE)
Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz
ANTISEMITISM
SEPTEMBER 28, 2023
3 MIN READ
Home » Canadian Parliament applauds Ukrainian who volunteered for the SS in WWII as ‘War Hero’

CANADA NAZI UKRAINE
After Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky delivered an address in Canada’s House of Commons on Friday, House Speaker Anthony Rota presented Yaroslav Hunka, a 98-year-old World War II veteran, to the parliament. Hunka was introduced as a Canadian citizen and Ukrainian war hero who fought for the First Ukrainian Division and received two rousing standing ovations from the lawmakers.

It was later revealed that Hunka had served in the First Ukrainian Division, also called the Waffen-SS Galicia Division, and the SS 14th Waffen Division. The Galicia Division was formed by the Nazis in 1943 from Ukrainian volunteers. Some 80,000 Ukrainians volunteered to join the SS, but only 53,000 men qualified to serve in the SS division. Members of this division were involved in the mass murder of Jews, Poles, and Ukrainians during the war, and many of them did so even before they joined this division. The unit was renamed the First Ukrainian Division before surrendering to the Western Allies in 1945.

In total, the Nazi army enlisted 250,000 native Ukrainians.

After the war, the Waffen SS was declared a criminal organization at the Nuremberg Trials but the Galicia Division was not specifically found guilty of any war crimes by any war tribunal or commission.

“In my remarks following the address of the President of Ukraine, I recognized an individual in the gallery. I have subsequently become aware of more information which causes me to regret my decision to do so,” Rota said in a statement, adding, “I particularly want to extend my deepest apologies to Jewish communities in Canada and around the world. I accept full responsibility for my action.”

On Tuesday, Rota resigned from his position.

The Friends of Simon Wiesenthal Center for Holocaust Studies issued a statement Sunday saying the speaker’s adulatory remarks ignored “the horrific fact that Hunka served in the 14th Waffen Grenadier Division of the SS, a Nazi military unit whose crimes against humanity during the Holocaust are well-documented… [It] was responsible for the mass murder of innocent civilians with a level of brutality and malice that is unimaginable.”

“An apology is owed to every Holocaust survivor and veteran of the Second World War who fought the Nazis, and an explanation must be provided as to how this individual entered the hallowed halls of Canadian Parliament and received recognition from the Speaker of the House and a standing ovation,” it said in a statement.

B’nai Brith Canada’s CEO, Michael Mostyn, said it was outrageous that Parliament honored a former member of a Nazi unit, saying Ukrainian “ultra-nationalist ideologues” who volunteered for the Galicia Division “dreamed of an ethnically homogenous Ukrainian state and endorsed the idea of ethnic cleansing.”

“We understand an apology is forthcoming. We expect a meaningful apology. Parliament owes an apology to all Canadians for this outrage, and a detailed explanation as to how this could possibly have taken place at the center of Canadian democracy,” Mostyn said.

Polish Education Minister Przemysław Czarnek said he would seek Hunka’s extradition.

Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov said the episode showed a careless disregard for historical truth, and that the memory of Nazi crimes must be preserved.

“Such sloppiness of memory is outrageous,” Peskov told reporters. “Many Western countries, including Canada, have raised a young generation that does not know who fought whom or what happened during the Second World War. And they know nothing about the threat of fascism.”

Canada has exhibited support for the Ukrainian Nazi Division in other settings. There are monuments to the unit at cemeteries in both Alberta and Oakville, Ont., both of which avoid any mention of its SS origins, instead referring to it as the 1st Ukrainian Division of the Ukrainian National Army. Attempts to raise the connection between the Galicia Division and the Nazis have been labeled as misinformation by Global Affairs Canada.

It is important to note that after WWII, Canada’s immigration policy prohibited any veteran of the German Wehrmacht or the SS from becoming a citizen. However, in 1950, a cabinet-level exemption opened Canada’s doors to former members of the Galicia Division and about 600 settled in Canada.

The whitewashing of Ukraine’s Nazi connections is also an issue in the US. In 2018, more than 50 members of the US Congress condemned the government of Ukraine’s ongoing efforts to glorify “Nazi collaborators,” including members of the Galicia Division.

“It’s particularly troubling that much of the Nazi glorification in Ukraine is government-supported,” noted the letter to U.S. Deputy Secretary of State John Sullivan.

A cross dedicated to the division is placed in Saint Mary’s Ukrainian Catholic Cemetery, in Elkins Park, in the suburb of Philadelphia. The American Jewish Committee declared that the monument should be removed.

Another monument is in Warren, Michigan, on the side of a Ukrainian credit union building. The mayor of the city, James R. Fouts, once informed of the monument, stated that: “There’s not even a minute chance that we would support anything like this.”

https://www.israel365news.com/375913/long-overdue-israel-is-first-in-middle-east-in-us-visa-waiver-program/?
‘Long overdue,’ Israel is first in Middle East in US Visa Waiver Program
Then you will go your way safely And not injure your feet.
PROVERBS 3:23(THE ISRAEL BIBLE)
JNS
US-ISRAEL RELATIONS
SEPTEMBER 28, 2023
3 MIN READ
Home » ‘Long overdue,’ Israel is first in Middle East in US Visa Waiver Program
ISRAEL US VISA
U.S. Secretary of Homeland Security Alejandro Mayorkas announced on Wednesday that Israel has been admitted officially as the 41st nation in the U.S. Visa Waiver Program.

The announcement, which the secretary made in consultation with U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken, means that as of Nov. 30, Israelis will be able to visit the United States for fewer than 90 days without a visa.

“The designation of Israel into the Visa Waiver Program is an important recognition of our shared security interests and the close cooperation between our two countries,” Mayorkas stated.

“This designation, which represents over a decade of work and coordination between the United States and Israel, will enhance our two nations’ collaboration on counterterrorism, law enforcement and our other common priorities,” the secretary added. “Israel’s entry into the Visa Waiver Program, and the stringent requirements it entails, will make both of our nations more secure.”

Blinken said Israel’s admission “represents a critical step forward in our strategic partnership with Israel that will further strengthen long-standing people-to-people engagement, economic cooperation and security coordination between our two countries.”

“This important achievement will enhance freedom of movement for U.S. citizens, including those living in the Palestinian territories or traveling to and from them,” he added.

‘A significant milestone in the relationship’

The Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations welcomed Israel’s admission into the program and called the announcement “long overdue.”

“Israel’s entry into the Visa Waiver Program will bring tangible benefits to both American and Israeli citizens,” stated Harriet Schleifer and William Daroff, chair and CEO, respectively, of the Conference of Presidents.

“The relatives of Jewish Americans in Israel will no longer be forced to go through a lengthy, expensive and cumbersome process to visit their families,” the leaders added. “Additionally, Israel’s entry into the Visa Waiver Program reduces barriers to commerce between American and Israeli entrepreneurs, enhancing American firms’ competitiveness in key sectors such as AI and semiconductors.”

The two added that Israeli admission into the program is a first for a Middle East nation, which “is emblematic of the deeply-rooted partnership shared by the United States and Israel.”

Michael Herzog, the Israeli ambassador to the United States, called the announcement “a significant milestone in the relationship between Israel and the United States.”

“Our people-to-people ties, which are the backbone of our special relationship, will only grow stronger,” he said. “Israelis and Americans will be able to more freely travel between our two countries, interacting and connecting on a personal and professional level.”

The World Jewish Congress stated that the “vitally important” program “boosts homeland security, strengthens business ties, supports people-to-people connections and promotes cross-cultural understanding.”

AIPAC called Israeli admission to the program “a historic accomplishment that will further strengthen the ironclad partnership between America and Israel, benefiting both countries and ensuring the U.S.-Israel relationship remains strong for years to come.”

Security risks

Critics have noted that the U.S. terms for Israeli entry into the program put the Jewish state at risk by requiring it to tone down its security screening of Palestinian Americans, including those about whom it would otherwise have concerns.

Earlier this month, a U.S. State Department spokesman dismissed as “absurd” a question from a journalist about whether the United States would take the blame for the pressure it placed on Israel to gain entry to the program.

“What responsibility for an attack or attacks will the State Department take if someone headed into or out of Gaza exploits this new access and attacks Israeli citizens and tourists?” the reporter asked.

“I appreciate you coming and asking questions. I do think that’s a bit of an absurd framing of the question,” said spokesman Matthew Miller.

U.S. Jewish groups, including AIPAC, B’nai B’rith International and the American Jewish Committee, also downplayed the risk to Israel.

Morton Klein, national president of the Zionist Organization of America, told JNS last month that Israel has “unique security needs.”

“Over 70% of Palestinian Arabs support terrorism against Jews and seek to destroy the Jewish state,” he said. “Israel must thoroughly investigate whether Palestinian Americans who travel through its borders are part of a terrorist group or the BDS movement.”

Daroff, of the Conference of Presidents, told JNS that both Washington and Jerusalem put security concerns “front and center” in the negotiations.

“Obviously, neither country wants to admit visitors who are security risks. Israeli government officials assure me that every prospective entrant to Israel undergoes a thorough security check—regardless of whether they are required to have an entry visa,” Daroff said. “They uniformly do not foresee any increased security risk from Israel’s admission into the Visa Waiver Program.”

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 27 Sep 2023, 9:34 pm

ICEJ’s Feast of Tabernacles comes under cloud of unfounded suspicion of missionizing
All who survive of all those nations that came up against Yerushalayim shall make a pilgrimage year by year to bow low to the King lord of Hosts and to observe the festival of Sukkot.
ZECHARIAH
14:
(THE ISRAEL BIBLE)
Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz
ADAM ELIYAHU BERKOWITZ
CHRISTIAN ZIONISM
SEPTEMBER 27, 2023
5 MIN READ
Home » ICEJ’s Feast of Tabernacles comes under cloud of unfounded suspicion of missionizing
FEAST OF TABERNACLES ICEJ SUKKOT
As Jewish Israelis prepare for the holiday of Sukkot, an estimated five thousand Christians from dozens of countries worldwide are preparing to travel to Israel on pilgrimage for the annual eight-day Feast of Tabernacles hosted by the International Christian Embassy of Jerusalem (ICEJ).

The Feast, the largest Christian gathering in Israel, will be held from September 29 to October 6, culminating in a prayer vigil in Jerusalem and the iconic Parade of Nations. The first Feast took place in 1980 when the ICEJ opened its embassy, and it draws thousands of Christians from around the world in support of Israel.

Unfortunately, some Christian visitors will hope to use their time in the Jewish state to engage in missionary activity. The ICEJ does its best to prevent this, warning its guests to refrain from such offensive behavior. It is important to emphasize that the ICEJ has never been involved in any attempts to proselytize in Israel.
This year, the Jewish holiday and concurrent Christian event come during heightened tensions in Jewish-Christian relations, which have been rising due to fears that Christians are intensifying their efforts to proselytize Israeli Jews. In March, a law was proposed in the Knesset by the United Torah Judaism alliance that would have criminalized missionizing in Israel. In August, several Christian organizations, including the ICEJ had their requests for clergy visas denied, inhibiting them from carrying out projects that benefit Israel. Several Jewish leaders came out in unequivocal support of the organizations. In the first three weeks of July, some 17 discriminatory acts against Christians were reported across Israel, reported by independent researcher and activist Yisca Harani. They included spitting, verbal abuse, vandalism, and stone-throwing.
READ MORE https://www.israel365news.com/375894/icejs-feast-of-tabernacles-comes-under-cloud-of-unfounded-suspicion-of-missionizing/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 26 Sep 2023, 10:22 pm

If you till the soil, it shall no longer yield its strength to you. You shall become a ceaseless wanderer on earth.
כִּי תַעֲבֹד אֶת־הָאֲדָמָה לֹא־תֹסֵף תֵּת־כֹּחָהּ לָךְ נָע וָנָד תִּהְיֶה בָאָרֶץ
Genesis 4:12 (The Israel Bible, p. 14)
KEE ta-a-VOD et HA-a-da-MAH lo to-SAYF tayt ko-KHAH LAKH NA va-NAD tih-YEH va-A-retz
A Time to Forget
By Rabbi Elie Mischel
Tony LaRussa, the famous retired manager of the St Louis Cardinals, wrote a book called One Last Strike. In this book, LaRussa details the story of the Cardinals’ amazing and unlikely run to the World Series in 2011, and offers lessons on leadership based on his experiences. As a manager, LaRussa was famous for his ridiculous attention to detail and this book is true to form. He spends pages and pages elaborating on tiny details of baseball strategy – mind-numbing stuff!

But something funny happens in the book when LaRussa writes about some of the controversial parts of the story. For example, he famously messed up and sent the wrong pitcher in to pitch because of a bad telephone connection. When he writes about this embarrassing mistake, all you get are a few short, unsatisfying sentences. And when he writes about his DUI arrest, once again, all you get are a few sentences.

Is he a hypocrite? He tells us that a leader needs to focus on details, and he apparently remembers every detail of his successes. But when it comes to his own failures, his memory seems to fail him, and all we get are a few lines.

Perhaps nothing in the beginning of the Bible is as shocking as the first murder in the history of mankind. No matter how many times we read the story, Cain’s act of murder remains appalling. You would think that God would use this opportunity to make an example of Cain. The Bible itself says that we should take an eye for an eye, shouldn’t Cain have been punished with death?
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE https://theisraelbible.com/a-time-to-forget/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 26 Sep 2023, 6:02 pm

https://pages.jpost.com/ivrit-talk-christians-2023-sales-1/?gclid=Ivrit_Sukkot_2023_I365

“I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem.”
What if we could all speak the same language?

This year, celebrate the biblical Feast of Tabernacles like a native.

Special: 30% discount if you buy now.
I WANT TO LEARN HEBREW
Why learn Hebrew for the Feast of Tabernacles?

Cultural Enrichment: By learning Hebrew, you unlock the door to a world of Jewish culture and heritage. Explore Jewish customs, traditions, and history.
Spiritual Connection: Experience the heart of Jewish spirituality.

Personal Growth: Challenge yourself and expand your horizons.
GET 30% OFF
Ivrit Talk is the Jerusalem Post’s Hebrew-language learning program. We offer one-on-one or small group sessions so you can master spoken Hebrew at your own pace.
Moreover, our certified instructors can discuss the subjects that matter to you most so you learn to say the words you want and need.
LEARN MORE
© 2023 Jpost Inc.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 24 Sep 2023, 9:52 pm

Remember the days of old, Consider the years of ages past; Ask your father, he will inform you, Your elders, they will tell you
זְכֹר֙ יְמ֣וֹת עוֹלָ֔ם בִּ֖ינוּ שְׁנ֣וֹת דֹּר־וָדֹ֑ר שְׁאַ֤ל אָבִ֙יךָ֙ וְיַגֵּ֔דְךָ זְקֵנֶ֖יךָ וְיֹ֥אמְרוּ לָֽךְ
Deuteronomy 32:1 (The Israel Bible, p. 519)
z'-KHOR y'-MOT o-LAM BEE-nu sh'-NOT dor va-DOR, sh'-AL a-VEE-kha v'-ya-GAY-d'-kha z'-kay-NE-kha v'-YO-m'-ru LAKH
Haazinu – Seeing God in the Study of History
By Rabbi Pesach Wolicki
Almost the entirety of this week’s Torah portion is a poem that Moses spoke to the nation of Israel in the final days of his life. Opening with the words, “Give ear, O heavens, and I will speak; And hear, O earth, the words of my mouth” (Deut. 32:1), Moses lays out his goal in composing this poem.

As I proclaim the name of the Lord: ascribe greatness to our God. The Rock, His work is perfect; for all His ways are justice, a God of truth and without injustice; righteous and upright is He. – Deuteronomy 32:3-4

Moses tells us that the purpose of these verses is to show that God is perfect, righteous, and just in all His ways. This is no small issue. After the preceding chapters described in great detail the suffering and exile that would befall the people of Israel in the future, the topic of Divine Justice is certainly relevant in context. But Moses does not merely declare that God is perfect, just, etc. In this poem, He gives us a roadmap to understand and experience God’s righteousness.

Beginning in verse 8, the thirty-six verses that follow tell the story of history. To sum up:

God separated the world into nations and peoples (v. 8)
He chose the children of Israel and looked after them with special miraculous providence (v. 9-14)
Israel rebelled against God (v. 16-18)
God responds with fury, punishment, and exile (v. 19-26)
God withholds destroying Israel because Israel’s enemies are arrogant and faithless (v. 27-33)
God vows to take vengeance on the enemies of Israel for their excess cruelty and lack of faith (v. 34-36)
False beliefs will be proven wrong (v. 37-39)
God enacts vengeance and judgment on the enemies of Israel (v. 40-42)
In God’s punishment of the nations, He avenges the evils done to Israel, bringing atonement for His land and His people (v.42)

It is important to note that nowhere in this poem do we find the people of Israel repenting of their sins. God does not avenge the cruel treatment of the Jews because the Jews have earned it. In this narrative of history, God punishes the evil enemies of Israel to protect His own honor, not for the sake of Israel.

Considering this last point, that God’s redemption of Israel and His punishment of the nations are not dependent on any repentance by the Jewish people, we must ask a basic question about this entire chapter. What exactly is the lesson that Moses was trying to teach?
MORE https://theisraelbible.com/haazinu-seeing-god-in-the-study-of-history/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 24 Sep 2023, 9:46 pm

For on this day atonement shall be made for you to cleanse you of all your sins; you shall be clean before Hashem.
כִּי־בַיּוֹם הַזֶּה יְכַפֵּר עֲלֵיכֶם לְטַהֵר אֶתְכֶם מִכֹּל חַטֹּאתֵיכֶם לִפְנֵי יְהֹוָה תִּטְהָרוּ
Leviticus 16:30 (The Israel Bible, p. 288)
kee va-YOM ha-ZEH y'-kha-PAYR a-lay-KHEM l'-ta-HAYR et-KHEM mi-KOL kha-TO-tay-KHEM lif-NAY a-do-NAI tit-HA-ru
The Day Hank Greenberg Played for God
By Rabbi Elie Mischel
Hank Greenberg was the first Jewish superstar in American baseball and in American sports in general. Now, as you might imagine, when he first came up to the Big Leagues to play for the Detroit Tigers in the early 1930s, anti-Semitism was a fact of life.

But in 1934, Hammering Hank broke out as a superstar, and the anti-Semite Tigers fans had to come to terms with their Jewish hero. A journalist of the day wrote a poem describing the change:

The Irish didn’t like it when they heard of Greenberg’s fame
For they thought a good first baseman should possess an Irish name;
And the Murphys and Mulrooneys said they never dreamed they’d see
A Jewish boy from Bronxville out where Casey used to be.
In the early days of April not a Dugan tipped his hat
Or prayed to see a “double” when Hank Greenberg came to bat.
In July the Irish wondered where he’d ever learned to play.
“He makes me think of Casey!” Old Man Murphy dared to say;
And with fifty-seven doubles and a score of homers made
The respect they had for Greenberg was being openly displayed.

That September, late in the season, the Tigers were fighting to win the pennant. And though he initially said he wouldn’t play on Rosh Hashana (Jewish New Year), Greenberg caved to pressure, and agreed to play on the Jewish new year:

But upon the Jewish New Year
When Hank Greenberg came to bat
And made two home runs off Pitcher Rhodes—
They cheered like mad for that!

Nine days later, Greenberg once again had a decision to make. Would he play on Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement) in a must-win game against the hated Yankees? Or would he go to the Shaarei Tzedek synagogue in Detroit and pray with his fellow Jews?

Came Yom Kippur - holy day worldwide over to the Jew -
And Hank Greenberg to his teaching and the old tradition true
Spent the day among his people and he didn’t come to play.
Said Murphy to Mulrooney, “We shall lose the game today!
We shall miss him on the infield, and shall miss him at the bat,
But he’s true to his religion—and I honor him for that!”

The awe and power of Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement), even for a “secular” Jew like Hank Greenberg, is palpable. Yom Kippur is the holiest day of the year, it can’t be missed.

But what’s fascinating is that Yom Kippur didn’t always have the same appeal. In fact, we find no mention at all of Yom Kippur in the books of the Prophets, the books describing the period of the First Temple.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
https://theisraelbible.com/the-day-hank-greenberg-played-for-god/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 24 Sep 2023, 9:19 pm

https://www.israel365news.com/375811/route-60-shatters-box-office-expectations/?

Route 60 shatters box-office expectations
I will restore My people Yisrael. They shall rebuild ruined cities and inhabit them; They shall plant vineyards and drink their wine; They shall till gardens and eat their fruits.
AMOS9:13 (THE ISRAEL BIBLE)
Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz
BIBLICAL NEWS
SEPTEMBER 24, 2023
< 1 MIN READ
Home » Route 60 shatters box-office expectations
Anew cinematic collaboration bringing together former US Ambassador to Israel, David Friedman, an Orthodox Jew, and former Secretary of State, Mike Pompeo, a devout Christian was released on Monday in 1,500 theaters across the country and is shattering all expectations, generating more than $1.6 million in ticket sales. The movie, produced by Trinity Broadcasting Company, is called Route 60: The Biblical Highway, named for the modern south–north highway in Israel that stretches 150 miles from Beersheba to Nazareth.
Friedman states at the start of the film that Route 60 in Israel is “the road that Abraham, the father of nations, walked as the first believer in monotheism” and “It is a road walked by Jesus, the central figure of Christianity.”

Friedman said, “Route 60 follows the ancient path from Nazareth to Beersheba. It connects many holy sites and biblical events, in what could be called the original biblical belt.”  

Route 60 The Biblical Highway - Official Trailer (2023)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKiPrUPrZZo

The movie sold more tickets per theatre on its first two nights than any other American film, according to Box Office Mojo,  exceeding the combined receipts of the Barbie movie and Oppenheimer.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 21 Sep 2023, 8:26 pm

Since Hashem your God moves about in your camp to protect you and to deliver your enemies to you, let your camp be holy; let Him not find anything unseemly among you and turn away from you.
כִּי יְהֹוָה אֱלֹהֶיךָ מִתְהַלֵּךְ  בְּקֶרֶב מַחֲנֶךָ לְהַצִּילְךָ וְלָתֵת אֹיְבֶיךָ לְפָנֶיךָ וְהָיָה מַחֲנֶיךָ קָדוֹשׁ וְלֹא־יִרְאֶה בְךָ עֶרְוַת דָּבָר וְשָׁב מֵאַחֲרֶיךָ
Deuteronomy 23:15 (The Israel Bible, p. 495)
KEE a-do-NAI e-lo-HE-kha mit-ha-LAYKH b'-KE-rev ma-kha-NE-kha l'-ha-tzee-l'-KHA v'-la-TAYT o-y'-VE-kha l'-fa-NE-kha v'-ha-YAH ma-kha-NE-khah ka-DOSH v'-lo yir-EH v'-KHA er-VAT da-VAR v'-SHAV may-a-kha-RE-kha
God is in Our Camp
By Rabbi Elie Mischel
Michael Levy was born blind. At his mother’s funeral, Michael told the following story:

Since he was not able to see, Michael’s mother would walk him to school every morning, and, at the end of the day, she would wait for him right outside the school building to walk him home. As he grew older, this became increasingly humiliating for him; the other boys were all independent, while he had to walk to school with his mommy.

For a long time, he begged and pleaded with his mother to let him walk to school on his own. He had it all worked out; the number of steps to the end of the block, where to hold onto the fence, and so on. They practiced together for weeks until his mother finally said: “Michael, today is the big day, you’re on your own!” It was the proudest day of his life. You can’t imagine what it felt like to go to school like everyone else.

Michael set off for school and everything went smoothly. As he approached the school building he was exploding in joy. He could hear the tumult of the school as he neared the gate; he had made it!

There was a very nice man who worked on the school grounds, and, as Michael walked to the gate, he said: “Well look at you, Michael Levy!” Michael was beaming with pride, it didn’t get better than this!

Until the nice worker said: “and Mrs. Levy, it’s so good to see you!” As the words sunk in Michael realized that he had not walked to school alone after all. His mother had been silently following him the whole time. Upset, he turned to call out to his mother but all he heard was the sound of her bicycle as she retreated home.

This true story is also a parable of our lives.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
https://theisraelbible.com/god-is-in-our-camp/?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 20 Sep 2023, 10:10 pm

https://www.israel365news.com/375711/israels-ambassador-to-un-detained-by-security-after-iran-speech/?
Israel’s ambassador to UN detained by security after Iran speech
That people's leaders have been misleaders, So they that are led have been confused.
ISAIAH
9:
(THE ISRAEL BIBLE)

Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz
ADAM ELIYAHU BERKOWITZ
ISRAEL NEWS
SEPTEMBER 20, 2023
4 MIN READ
Home » Israel’s ambassador to UN detained by security after Iran speech

GILAD ERDAN IRAN UNITED NATIONS
Gilad Erdan, Israel’s ambassador to the United Nations, was detained by UN security personnel on Tuesday after he staged a protest on the floor of the General Assembly during a speech by Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi. Erdan was released but told Fox News he was detained with “unacceptable” brutality.

Erdan protested by displaying an image of Kurdish-Iranian Mahsa Amini with the caption, “Iranian women deserve freedom now!”

Amini died one year ago on 16 September under suspicious circumstances last year, three days after being arrested by the religious morality police of Iran’s government for allegedly not wearing the hijab per government standards. Iranian officials claimed she suffered a heart attack in her cell, while family members said she didn’t have a history of heart issues and witnesses to her detention saw her being viciously beaten. Amini’s death resulted in a series of protests, which were brutally suppressed with at least 476 people killed by regime security forces.

Erdan was then escorted out of the hall by UN security while the Israeli delegates left, saying the U.N. had reached “a new moral low” by giving a platform to Raisi, who he derided as a “vile murderer.”

“While the butcher of Tehran is speaking at the UN and is being respected by the international community, hundreds of Iranians are protesting outside, shouting and calling on the international community to wake up and help them,” Erdan said in a statement.

“It is a disgrace that member states stay to listen to a mass murderer,” he said. “It should not be possible for a murderer with blood on his hands to receive a platform here at the UN. I left the speech to make it clear that the State of Israel stands by the Iranian people. I call on the international community to stop the madness and prevent murderers and anti-Semites from coming and speaking here at the UN.”

Erdan criticized the UN, which he said was “founded to prevent atrocities,” but gave a platform to a “mass murderer who denies, distorts the Holocaust and threatens to annihilate the Jewish people and is murdering his own people and women and protesters.”

“The UN’s lost moral compass was on full display today,” Erdan said in a statement to Fox News Digital. “Being detained for standing with the Iranian people and protesting a vile mass murderer who was given an audience on the global stage is utterly disgraceful. It is yet another example of the strong bias Israel suffers at the UN.

“Other ambassadors have previously held signs for ideological reasons, including in recent sessions on the war in Ukraine, with no repercussions. I will not be deterred and will always stand up for what is right and just,” Erdan stated.

“So I decided to show him and remind everyone the struggle of the Iranian women, and also to remind the world and the Iranian people that they are not our enemies, that the people of Israel support and stand in solidarity with them, whatever their regime is telling them and lying to them about Israel,” he continued. “This is not the truth. Israel is standing with the people of Iran, and we want to live in peace with the people of Iran. But their regime is the one who is preventing it and causing them to suffer so much.”

Hillel Neuer, the executive director of UN Watch, tweeted his solidarity with Erdan.

“History will record that the Butcher of Tehran addressed the United Nations today and not a single democracy said or did anything about the fact that his regime—which beats, blinds, tortures and rapes women protesters—is to be Chair of the UN Human Rights Council Social Forum,” Neuer wrote.

Raisi’s speech was controversial due to other elements. He criticized the US for allegedly stoking hostilities between Russia and Ukraine.

“The United States of America has fanned the flames of violence in Ukraine in order to weaken the European countries. This is a long-term plan, unfortunately,” he said.

Raisi also deflected criticism that the Iranian regime is providing Russia with military drones by claiming that any Iranian-made drones hitting Ukrainian cities had been sold before the war started.

“If they have a document that Iran gave weapons or drones to the Russians after the war, then they should produce it,” Raisi said. “We are against the war, and we are ready to mediate in order to end it, but the taxes of the American people are spent on war-making and filling the pockets of arms factories from the place of arms sales in this field.”

He also claimed that his country had foiled attempts by US intelligence efforts to topple his regime.

“The world is transitioning into a novel international order and the project to Americanise the world has failed,” he said, adding that the west was “facing a crisis of identity and functionality and sees the world as a forest and itself as a beautiful garden.”

At the same time, he called on the US to revive the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), known colloquially as the Iran nuclear deal.

“By exiting the [Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action], the United States violated the agreement and the principle of good faith. America should demonstrate its goodwill and determination,” Raisi said. “America must build trust to demonstrate its good intentions and genuine willingness to fulfill its commitments and conclude the path.”

The JCPOA was initiated by former President Barack Obama in 2015. President Donald Trump withdrew the United States from the JCPOA in 2018.

Raisi is personally named in the US-led sanctions, preventing him from traveling anywhere in New York except for his hotel and the UN General Assembly.

Hundreds of people protested outside the UN while Raisi spoke.

“He was directly involved in the massacre of 30,000 political prisoners in 1988 and the continued repression of the Iranian people,” said Alireza Jafarzadeh, deputy director of the Washington Office National Council of Resistance of Iran.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 18 Sep 2023, 7:34 pm

https://www.israelunwired.com/a-prayer-for-5784/?
A PRAYER FOR 5784
written by Caroline Glick September 18, 2023 57 views
Share on Facebook
Tweet
There is no contradiction between Jewish and democratic. It is post-Zionism—not Zionism—that guarantees tyranny.

(JNS) Last Saturday, Politico reported that Trident DMG, a top Washington, D.C., public-relations firm is running a PR campaign in the United States for the Israeli left’s political war against the Netanyahu government and its voters. It was hired by Blue and White Future, the Israeli NGO run by former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak’s cronies, billionaire Orni Petruschka, Gilad Sher and Eran Schwartz. The NGO serves as the Politburo and banker for the left’s billion-shekel demonization campaign.

On Sunday, they began a campaign in New York geared towards undermining Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s visit the United States next week. The main event of Netanyahu’s trip will be his speech at the U.N. General Assembly. A 12-story banner ad on Sunday was projected on the U.N. building. It read: “Don’t Believe Crime Minister Netanyahu.”

Next week, Blue and White Future’s subsidiary, the Kaplan Force will picket, disrupt, heckle and otherwise seek to ruin every event in New York where Netanyahu is set to participate. They intend to demonstrate outside his hotel, the United Nations building, the Israeli Consulate, and every home, office and thoroughfare that hosts the prime minister of the State of Israel.

For $20,000, activists can have coffee with Shikma Bressler, Barak’s pit bull in the demonization riots. Bressler is the Passionara of the “Crime Minister” and Kaplan Force brigades. The New York Times crowned her a cross between Golda Meir, Robert Oppenheimer and Barbie.

Last Saturday, Bressler said that no one should even think of trying to reach a compromise on judicial reform—or anything at all—with the government and its supporters because in Bressler’s words, “It’s forbidden to speak to Nazis, Jews or not.”

Bressler’s statement blends Holocaust denial with the demonization of Jews as Nazis. It is a textbook example of contemporary anti-Semitism. There’s a lot of that going around in the elite circles she travels in.

Last week, former Mossad director Tamir Pardo threw a half-century of Israeli public diplomacy efforts (and 3,500 years of truth) to the seven winds and speaking of Israel told the Associated Press, “There is an apartheid state here.”

Well, no. And calling Israel an apartheid state is not only a slander, it is also a textbook case of anti-Semitic demonization of the Jewish state. Both in Pardo’s and Bressler’s cases, these statements are made for the explicit purpose of demonizing the government and the majority of Israeli Jews who dared to vote for it.

The consequences of their actions are already being felt abroad. Barak, Pardo, Bressler and their elitist comrades have seized the reins of the BDS campaign that has made participation in public life all but impossible for pro-Israel Jewish students on campuses across America.

Why quote Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (R-N.Y.) or Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan when you can quote a former Mossad director or Israeli Barbie? Their actions demoralize and endanger American Jews and Jews throughout the Diaspora.

What is driving their urge to destroy Israel’s international position, drive Israeli society apart and contribute to the most politically powerful anti-Semitic force in the world?

This past year, we reached the denouement of two revolutions Israel’s leftist elite initiated thirty years ago. The first revolution—the Oslo revolution—was ideological and strategic. The second revolution—the judicial revolution—was constitutional. Both were about securing the left’s preeminent position in Israeli society even as it lost the support of the majority of Israelis. In other words, both revolutions were inherently anti-democratic, and indeed, in the intervening decades, the public rejected both revolutions, but they were maintained through the infrastructures of the state institutions and defended by the Israeli Supreme Court, which the left controls.

The Oslo revolution

This week, we marked the 30th anniversary of Oslo’s initiation at the White House on Sept. 13, 1993. Oslo was an assault on the most basic foundations of the Jewish state—security and Zionism.

On the security front, Oslo was predicated on the fraud that the PLO—the archetypical modern terrorist organization—had abandoned terrorism. Oslo asserted the PLO had become a credible, responsible actor. Indeed, it was a moral actor.

On the Zionist front, Oslo’s assertion that the PLO is a moral actor is based on its deeper assertion—that Israel is an immoral actor. The basic idea of Oslo is that the only reason there is a Palestinian conflict with Israel is because Israel controls Judea, Samaria and Jerusalem (and controlled Gaza until 2005). Until Oslo, Jerusalem, Judea and Samaria were recognized by all Israelis from across the political spectrum as the cradle of Jewish civilization, religion and history. Control of Gaza was widely recognized and critical to Israel’s security.

Before Oslo, Israelis on the left argued that Israel should be willing to make limited concessions on its control over these areas for peace, despite its national and legal rights to them. But because Oslo asserted that the PLO is a moral agent and Israel is immoral, from 1993 on, the left was radicalized. Israelis who maintained faith with previously consensus views that Israel is moral and has a right to control those areas were demonized as “enemies of peace” and “right-wing extremists.”

The strategic reality Oslo induced was one of continuous chaos and insecurity. By arming and empowering a terror group in Israel’s heartland, Oslo ensured that Israel would be continuously beset by terrorist violence and so destroyed Zionism’s foundational belief that through sovereignty, Jews would ensure their collective security.

To protect and maintain Oslo’s strategic environment despite the public’s rejection of it, Israel’s leftist elites demonized Oslo’s opponents and blamed them for the PLO’s continued terrorism. Their efforts set the conditions for Israel’s calamitous decision to withdraw all IDF forces from Gaza and expel all Israeli Jewish residents of Gaza and Northern Samaria in August 2005.

Throughout 2004 and 2005, the media and leftist activists subjected the Jews of Gaza and the “settlers” as a collective, and their supporters to the most powerful campaign of demonization and dehumanization Israel had experienced until then. The Supreme Court and Justice Ministry were full participants in the campaign. As they were subjected to continuous slander as “fascists” and “theocrats,” “war-mongers” and would-be murderers, the civil and legal rights of opponents of the expulsions—not to mention the property rights of the Jewish residents of Gaza and Northern Samaria—were trampled.

In the event, as anticipated, immediately after the expulsions and the withdrawal in August 2005, a terror state emerged in Gaza, capable of deploying missiles against nearly every point in Israel. The failure of the expulsions and withdrawal, which were simply a means to repackage Oslo, made the left even more unpopular. So, it changed the focus of its campaign against the majority.

Foreign-funded far-left NGOs massively expanded their lawfare and propaganda operations. Their job was to wage a continuous campaign against the legitimacy of Israel’s presence in Judea, Samaria and Gaza, and its sovereignty over united Jerusalem. From 2005 until last year, the NGO war against Israel blocked nearly every effort by Israel’s elected leaders to walk away from the Oslo fraud.

The Supreme Court, dominated by the Oslo camp, became the central arena of the NGO war on behalf of Oslo, and its strategic and ideological foundations.

As the public and their elected representatives began realizing what was happening, the camp for judicial reform grew. In response, the two revolutions of the 1990s became one.

The judicial revolution

This brings us to the second revolution of the 1990s—the judicial revolution. Former Supreme Court president Aharon Barak’s revolution entailed the seizure of the legislative power of the Knesset and the executive powers of the government through judicial fiat. The Left’s control over the Court was institutionalized by installing a permanent majority of Barak’s disciples on the Judicial Selection Committee.

Barak predicated his power grab on the false assertion that there is a tension between Israel’s Jewish national identity and democracy. Barak posited the existence of an “enlightened public,” whose values and views are embodied in the court. From these two assertions, Barak explained that when democracy and Israel’s Jewish identity come into conflict, “the views of the enlightened public in Israel,” need to decide the proper balance between them.

Until Barak’s assertion, rarely was the notion that there is a contradiction between the two raised because there is no contradiction between Jewish and democratic. But if you ascribe to Oslo’s assumptions that Israel is the immoral actor and the PLO is the moral actor, then you will also arrive at the conclusion that Zionism, at a minimum, has a contentious relationship with democracy.

Some 3,500 years of Jewish history and 75 years of Israeli Jewish history expose the fraud of Oslo’s assertion of Israeli immorality. And 30 years of Palestinian terror and anti-Semitism exposed as a fraud the claim that the PLO is a moral actor. Just so, the Supreme Court’s effort this month to crown itself Israel’s sovereign with unlimited powers, including the power to overturn the results of elections, puts paid the notion that Barak and his followers are guardians of Israeli democracy.

They are its executioners.

The convergence of the Oslo revolution with the judicial revolution in the court and on the streets makes clear that the only way for Israel to remain a democracy is for it to remain a Jewish state.

Ehud Barak’s crony, leftist billionaire Kobi Richter, is one of the financiers of the left’s political war. In recent weeks he’s also been a wellspring of information about its worldview. Last month, he told Israel Radio that the leftist elites will win because they are more powerful than the government. “We are the military power. The economic power is ours!” he proclaimed.

This week, Richter explained that the problem with Israel’s Jews is that most of them are “nationalist.” The left, he said, will solve the problem of Jewish nationalism by joining forces with the Arab parties, who reject Israel’s right to exist and support terrorism.

The majority of the Zionist left opposed the hare-brained scheme of withdrawing from Gaza in 2003. But the incitement campaigns of 2004-05 gave the Oslo left a significant boost. Likewise, until recently, the overwhelming majority of leftists never questioned the basic premise of Zionism.

Aharon Barak and Ehud Barak are right about one thing: The Declaration of Independence is the most important document in Israel’s political history. But as David Ben-Gurion made clear in a 1950 speech before the Knesset, their claim that the declaration justifies their effort to transform Israel into a post-Zionist oligarchy is utterly false.

Ben-Gurion said that the declaration didn’t seek unity of values. It sought broad consensus. That is why the term “Jewish state” appears in the text repeatedly, but the “God of Israel” is replaced by the more inclusive “Rock of Israel.”

Ben-Gurion said: “All the parties sitting in this house signed the declaration—from the Communists to Agudat Israel. Unity that binds like this doesn’t happen every day, and it shouldn’t be minimized.”

It is my prayer for the coming year that in the weeks and months before us, the Zionist left remembers the message of that declaration. There is no contradiction between Jewish and democratic. It is post-Zionism—not Zionism—that guarantees tyranny.

May they also remember that their brothers and sisters on the right are not their enemies but their partners in a common destiny.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 17 Sep 2023, 5:54 pm

In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you shall observe a sacred occasion: you shall not work at your occupations. You shall observe it as a day when the shofar is sounded.
וּבַחֹדֶשׁ הַשְּׁבִיעִי בְּאֶחָד לַחֹדֶשׁ מִקְרָא־קֹדֶשׁ יִהְיֶה לָכֶם כׇּל־מְלֶאכֶת עֲבֹדָה לֹא תַעֲשׂוּ יוֹם תְּרוּעָה יִהְיֶה לָכֶם
Numbers 29:1 (The Israel Bible, p. 409)
u-va-KHO-desh ha-sh'-vee-EE b'-e-KHAD la-CHO-desh mik-ra KO-desh yih-YEH la-KHEM kol m'-LE-khet a-vo-DAH LO ta-a-SU, YOM t'-ru-AH yih-YEH la-KHEM
Echoes of Liberty: The Message of the Shofar
By Rabbi Yaakov Wolff
When I was ten years old, we took a drive from New Jersey to Baltimore. Along the way, we made a short stop in Philadelphia where we decided to explore Independence Hall, the US Mint, and, finally, the Liberty Bell. As we approached the iconic, cracked bell, I couldn't help but notice the inscription:

“You shall proclaim liberty throughout the land for all its inhabitants” (Leviticus 25:10)

This verse seemed like a fitting connection between the Hebrew Bible's idea of liberty and that of the founding fathers. Surprisingly, this verse also holds a central place in understanding the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah (Jewish New Year).
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
https://theisraelbible.com/echoes-of-liberty-the-message-of-the-shofar/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 14 Sep 2023, 9:16 pm

https://theisraelbible.com/trail-mix-for-the-soul/?

Speak to B'nei Yisrael thus: In the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you shall observe complete rest, a sacred occasion commemorated with loud blasts.
דַּבֵּר אֶל־בְּנֵי יִשְׂרָאֵל לֵאמֹר בַּחֹדֶשׁ הַשְּׁבִיעִי בְּאֶחָד לַחֹדֶשׁ יִהְיֶה לָכֶם שַׁבָּתוֹן זִכְרוֹן תְּרוּעָה מִקְרָא־קֹדֶשׁ
Leviticus 23:24 (The Israel Bible, p. 305)
da-BAYR el b'-NAY yis-ra-AYL lay-MOR ba-KHO-desh ha-sh'-vee-EE b'-e-KHAD la-KHO-desh yih-YEH la-KHEM sha-ba-TON zikh-RON t'-ru-AH mik-ra KO-desh
Trail Mix for the Soul
By Shira Schechter
Imagine setting off on a camping adventure, complete with a tent, compass and hiking boots. You're super excited, but then it hits you—you didn't pack any food, forgot the first-aid kit, and left the sleeping bags at home! Sounds stressful, right? Well, this tale isn't just about an ill-prepared camping trip; it's a metaphor for life itself.

Just as a camper requires the right tools and preparations to thrive in the wilderness, so too do we need the right spiritual tools and guidance for the expedition of life. When it comes to the Hebrew calendar, the month of Tishrei, which begins on Friday night, provides us with our ultimate camping gear, preparing us for the journey of the year ahead.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 12 Sep 2023, 10:27 pm

Could There Be Reconciliation Over the Vatican’s Role in Holocaust?

The Ulma family is listed by the Yad Vashem Holocaust Museum as Righteous Among the Gentiles.
READ MORE »https://www.israel365news.com/375480/could-there-be-reconciliation-over-the-vaticans-role-in-holocaust/?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 12 Sep 2023, 10:25 pm

Remember the Shabbat day and keep it holy.
זָכוֹר אֶת־יוֹם הַשַּׁבָּת לְקַדְּשׁוֹ
Exodus 20:8 (The Israel Bible, p. 186)
za-KHOR et YOM ha-sha-BAT l'-ka-d'-SHO
Stepping Up to the Plate: A Lesson in Sabbath Observance
By Rabbi Yaakov Wolff
Rabbi Menachem Mendel Schneerson (April 5, 1902 – June 12, 1994), the most recent Rabbi of the Lubavitch Hasidic dynasty, was once strolling down the street in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, when he spotted two boys sporting Brooklyn Dodgers hats and tossing a baseball. He greeted them with a cheerful "Good morning" and asked, "Have you ever been to a Dodgers game?" The boys nodded affirmatively. The Rebbe continued, "What would you do if the Dodgers were losing by ten runs in the sixth inning?" The boys shrugged and said they would head home since the game seemed pretty much over. The Rebbe then asked, "What about the players? Would they leave in such a situation?" The boys shook their heads, explaining that the players had to stay on the field; they couldn't just walk away. The Rebbe looked at them and shared a simple but powerful message: "In life, be a player, not a spectator."

This story contains an important life lesson, but it can also help explain something puzzling about the Sabbath.
MORE https://theisraelbible.com/stepping-up-to-the-plate-a-lesson-in-sabbath-observance/?+Daily+-+September+12%2C+2023
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 11 Sep 2023, 9:37 pm

https://theisraelbible.com/its-not-too-late-to-change-your-narrative/?

The righteous bloom like a date-palm; they thrive like a cedar in Lebanon
צַ֭דִּיק כַּתָּמָ֣ר יִפְרָ֑ח כְּאֶ֖רֶז בַּלְּבָנ֣וֹן יִשְׂגֶּֽה
Psalms 92:13 (The Israel Bible, p. 1584)
tza-DEEK ka-ta-MAR yif-RAKH k'-E-rez ba-l'-va-NON yis-GEH
It's Not Too Late to Change Your Narrative
When Psalm 92 is mentioned, most minds jump immediately to the Sabbath. Rightly so, given its opening declaration: “a song for the Sabbath day.” Indeed, this psalm was sung in the Temple every Sabbath and is still an integral part of our Sabbath prayers. However, aside from its opening verse, the psalm does not contain any obvious connections to the day of rest. Not only is the connection to the Sabbath hidden within the verses of this psalm, but according to Rabbi David Silverberg, there is another theme concealed in its lines: the theme of repentance, or in Hebrew, teshuva.

Jewish tradition teaches that this psalm was composed by Adam following an encounter with his son Cain. After Cain's fateful killing of his brother, Abel, he bumped into his father, Adam. Their conversation was a poignant moment of realization for Adam. In response to Adam’s inquiry about Cain’s punishment for having killed Abel, Cain revealed that he had been forgiven and was granted a reprieve. This led Adam to an epiphany: the sheer transformative power of repentance. In response, Adam, overwhelmed by this newfound understanding, composed what we know today as Psalm 92.

This prompts the obvious question: What exactly does this Psalm, filled with gratitude and the eventual triumph of righteousness, have to do with the concept of repentance?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 10 Sep 2023, 10:25 pm

THE EVOLUTION OF ISRAELI INTELLIGENCE: 1973 TO 2023
written by Yaakov Lappin September 10, 2023 60 views
https://www.israelunwired.com/the-evolution-of-israeli-intelligence-1973-to-2023/?

Today’s threats by enemies have evolved from large tank and infantry formations to large-scale projectile attacks on cities.

(JNS) In its largest release of documents from the 1973 Yom Kippur War to date, the Israel State Archive has provided a new and painful reminder of the disastrous intelligence failure that predated the combined invasion of Israel by Egypt and Syria.

The war, its casualties and the ability of Israel’s adversaries at the time to surprise the Jewish state have left a multi-generational scar on the Israeli national psyche. On the other hand, the ability of the Israel Defense Forces to eventually repel the dual attack, overcome the shock, call reserves to the fronts and go on the offensive, ending the war some 60 miles from Cairo and 25 miles from Damascus, is a testament to the astonishing resilience and bravery of the soldiers and commanders of that time.

On the eve of the war, Israeli intelligence failed to accurately gauge enemy intentions despite multiple warning signs and underestimated the evolving capabilities of Egypt and Syria, such as their ability to use Soviet-supplied anti-aircraft and anti-armor missiles to rain destruction on Israeli forces. These tactics denied Israel the ability to move freely in the air and on the ground, representing lessons learned by Israel’s adversaries from their defeat in the 1967 Six-Day War.

As the newly-released archive documents show, in the hours leading up to Yom Kippur, on Oct. 5, 1973, a security discussion took place in Prime Minister Golda Meir’s office. The primary issues discussed were the evacuation of Soviet families from Syria and Egypt and the joint military exercise conducted by both nations. There was near consensus among those present that war was not imminent.

Eli Zeira, the head of Military Intelligence, who presented an overview of Egypt and Syria, summarized the findings by stating that “the assessment that the [enemy] preparedness primarily arises from fear of us, remains.” He further highlighted uncertainty about the ongoing Russian exercise, wondering about its purpose. IDF Chief of Staff David Elazar, known as “Dado,” shared a similar sentiment. “I still believe they aren’t going to attack; we have no concrete proof. Technically, they are capable of acting. I assume if they were going to attack, we would receive better indicators,” he said.

A week and a half before the outbreak of the war, Meir met with King Hussein of Jordan. He informed her that “from a very sensitive source, it has been made known that all preparations and plans related to a Syrian operation have been completed. The units have been in position for two days, including the Air Force and missiles.”

Notably absent from the meeting was the head of Mossad, Zvi Zamir. According to Zeira, Zamir urgently flew to London to meet “his friend,” apparently referring to Ashraf Marwan, a close associate of Egyptian President Anwar Sadat.

Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Dayan informed attendees at the meeting that aerial photographs had identified Egyptian forces’ equipment for crossing. Dayan suggested informing the Americans that the Syrians were planning to attack Israel, advising them to relay to the Russians that Israel had no offensive intentions.

Later that day, another consultation was held in Golda’s office. Zeira provided another overview but remained firm in his belief that war was not imminent. “We still see a high likelihood that Syrian and Egyptian preparedness stems from fear of us and a high probability that Egypt and Syria’s real intention is to carry out limited offensive operations,” he said.

Then and now

In 2023, the nature of the threat facing Israel has changed dramatically. The danger is no longer centered on formations of enemy tanks and infantry aiming to penetrate Israel’s borders. Instead, the current threat revolves around terror armies.

These quasi-military terror factions possess enormous firepower and can launch mass projectile attacks on Israeli cities, having identified the civilian front as Israel’s vulnerable underbelly. Hezbollah in Lebanon—and to a lesser degree, the Gazan terror factions and Iranian-backed militias in Syria, Iraq and Yemen—has the ability to target the Israeli home front and crucial strategic locations. Iran, too, possesses such capability.

Hezbollah’s unprecedented arsenal of some 200,00 warheads, and its use of bunkers and launchers embedded in civilian areas, represents an entirely different threat. Its elite Radwan force threatens northern communities with cross-border raids, but its main element of surprise, namely cross-border assault tunnels, was eliminated by Israel in recent years, as was Hamas’s tunnel network.

Israel’s multi-layered air-defense system, fed by advanced radars, is on guard around the clock for any attack.

While gauging enemy intentions remains a challenging endeavor in 2023, the technological capabilities and breadth of Israel’s modern intelligence network mean it is far harder for enemies today to surprise it.

In the years since the Yom Kippur War, Israel has embarked on an unparalleled intelligence revolution. Today, the IDF is informed by a network of state-of-the-art sensors, with vast information-gathering capabilities in space, air, on land and at sea.

The IDF employs artificial intelligence and big-data analysis to detect anomalies and shifts in enemy movements and behavior, and receives automatic alerts when these appear.

The Aug. 28 announcement by the Israeli Defense Ministry regarding the progress of the Oron intelligence-gathering aircraft—the most advanced type system of its kind—is a case in point. Fueled by artificial intelligence, the Oron can gather intelligence on thousands of enemy targets, spanning thousands of kilometers, in a matter of seconds.

Nevertheless, the potential for surprises has not been eliminated, and one of the key lessons of the 1973 war is to never assume that all of the threats are known, and never to fall victim to complacency.

Adversaries evolve, and their ability to develop new ways to threaten Israel, its population and its cities should never be trivialized. At the same time, Israel’s own evolving intelligence capabilities, when mixed with its ability to deliver mass, precise firepower based on that intelligence, represent a major leap forward and reduce the chances of a catastrophic strategic surprise.

The shadows of 1973 serve as a humbling reminder of misjudged intentions, but the strides made by Israeli intelligence and firepower today offer a robust shield.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 10 Sep 2023, 9:54 pm

For in six days Hashem made heaven and earth and sea, and all that is in them, and He rested on the seventh day; therefore Hashem blessed the Shabbat day and hallowed it.
כִּי שֵׁשֶׁת־יָמִים עָשָׂה יְהֹוָה אֶת־הַשָּׁמַיִם וְאֶת־הָאָרֶץ אֶת־הַיָּם וְאֶת־כָּל־אֲשֶׁר־בָּם וַיָּנַח בַּיּוֹם הַשְּׁבִיעִי עַל־כֵּן בֵּרַךְ יְהֹוָה אֶת־יוֹם הַשַּׁבָּת וַיְקַדְּשֵׁהוּ
Exodus 20:11 (The Israel Bible, p. 186)
KEE shay-shet ya-MEEM a-SAH a-do-NAI et ha-sha-MA-yim v'-et ha-a-RETZ et ha-YAM v'-et kol a-sher BAM va-YA-nach ba-YOM ha-sh'-vee-EE al KAYN bay-RACH a-do-NAI et YOM ha-sha-BAT vai-ka-d'-SHAY-hu
Mapping Life's Routes: Lessons from Waze and the Sabbath
By Rabbi Yaakov Wolff
For the past 15 years, Waze has been the top choice for navigation apps. Its standout feature is real-time traffic updates from users, which help you dodge traffic snarls with clever shortcuts. Waze also suggests places to park, find gas, share rides, and more. But there's one thing that Waze can't assist you with.

When describing the Sabbath day in Exodus, the Torah charges us to remember the Sabbath day and keep it holy, refraining from work and resting on the seventh day. The section concludes:

For in six days Hashem made heaven and earth and sea, and all that is in them, and He rested on the seventh day; therefore Hashem blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. (Exodus 20:11)

This translation follows the basic meaning of this verse, that it took God six days to create the world, followed by the Sabbath, the day when He rested. But there is another way to think about it: Understood literally, the verse could mean “God created six days,” meaning that God made a world that could last only for six days. The six days were then followed by the Sabbath, giving the world another six days until the following Sabbath starts the cycle all over again.

Why did God set the week up like this?
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
https://theisraelbible.com/mapping-lifes-routes-lessons-from-waze-and-the-sabbath/?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 08 Sep 2023, 11:12 pm

Rabbi Glick to lead Mount of Olives Shofar “Creation” event manifesting Prophecy of Joel
Blow a shofar in Tzion, Sound an alarm on My holy mount! Let all dwellers on earth tremble, For the day of Hashem has come! It is close—
JOEL2:1(THE ISRAEL BIBLE)
Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz
ADAM ELIYAHU BERKOWITZ
UNCATEGORIZED
SEPTEMBER 8, 2023
2 MIN READ
Home » Rabbi Glick to lead Mount of Olives Shofar “Creation” event manifesting Prophecy of Joel

Rabbi Yehuda Glick will be manifesting the prophecy of Joel on Sunday when he blows a shofar on the Mount of Olives to celebrate 5,784 years of creation.

“In accordance with Jewish tradition, we observe the span of six days bridging from the 25th day of the Hebrew month of Elul to the onset of Tishrei’s first day, a period reverently honoring the six days of creation,” Rabbi Glick explained. “The inaugural day of Tishrei, also known as the seventh month, is named “YOM TERUAH” in the Torah—an occasion dedicated to resounding acclamations in honor of The King, the originator of our world, none other than Hashem, the Almighty God.”

“Esteemed by our Sages as Rosh Hashana, this day is consecrated by the resonant echoes of the Shofar, symbolizing the proclamation of His Sovereignty, a momentous coronation,” Rabbi Glick said.

The Torah states this explicitly:
MORE
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 04 Sep 2023, 9:22 pm

Blessed is Hashem forever; Amen and Amen.
בָּרוּךְ יְהֹוָה לְעוֹלָם אָמֵן  וְאָמֵן
Psalm 89:53 (The Israel Bible, p. 1581)
ba-RUKH a-do-NAI l'-o-LAM a-MAYN v'-a-MAYN
Ethan, Abraham and Us: The Wisdom of Psalm 89
By Adam Eliyahu Berkowitz
Imagine being stuck in traffic on a hot summer day, bumper-to-bumper, no way out. The AC is barely keeping up, and you're gripped by frustration. Suddenly, you remember the beautiful beach that awaits you at the end of this ordeal. Your mood shifts. Just like that, a change in perspective turns your discontent into hope. This transition from complaint to hope is the essence of Psalm 89, a poem credited to Ethan the Ezrahite. But who exactly was Ethan?
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE https://theisraelbible.com/ethan-abraham-and-us-the-wisdom-of-psalm-89/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Ethan%2C+Abraham+and+Us%3A+The+Wisdom+of+Psalm+89&utm_campaign=I365+-+Daily+-+September+04%2C+2023
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 03 Sep 2023, 9:07 pm

You stand this day, all of you, before Hashem your God—your tribal heads, your elders and your officials, all the men of Israel
אַתֶּ֨ם נִצָּבִ֤ים הַיּוֹם֙ כֻּלְּכֶ֔ם לִפְנֵ֖י יְהֹוָ֣ה אֱלֹהֵיכֶ֑ם רָאשֵׁיכֶ֣ם שִׁבְטֵיכֶ֗ם זִקְנֵיכֶם֙ וְשֹׁ֣טְרֵיכֶ֔ם כֹּ֖ל אִ֥ישׁ יִשְׂרָאֵֽל
Deuteronomy 29:9 (The Israel Bible, p. 511)
a-TEM ni-tza-VEEM ha-YOM ku-l'-KHEM lif-NAY a-do-NAI e-lo-hay-KHEM ra-shay-KHEM shiv-tay-KHEM zik-nay-KHEM v'-sho-t'-ray-KHEM KOL EESH yis-ra-AYL
A Tale of Two Prayers
By Rabbi Elie Mischel
A fishing boat was once caught in a terrible storm. Unable to withstand the heavy rains and tempestuous waves, the boat capsized. Everyone on board drowned with the exception of two men who had managed to hold onto some floating wood. Fortunately, these two survivors were pulled by the currents to a small, desolate island, where they collapsed onto the shore.

As the two friends lay on the beach, sapped of their strength, they understood that the only thing they could do was to pray. They decided to split up. Each went to opposite sides of the island wondering whose prayers would be more successful.

The first thing that they both prayed for was food. They were starving! After praying well into the night they finally fell asleep. In the morning, the first man found a fruit tree right next to where he was sleeping. Unfortunately, on the other side of the island, the land remained desolate and the second man went hungry.

Encouraged by his success, the first man began praying for more and more things. Each of his requests was answered, while the man on the other side of the island still had nothing. Finally, the first man prayed for a ship to come and save him. Lo and behold, the next day a ship appeared on the first man’s side of the island. Without a second thought, the man boarded the ship, abandoning his friend on the other side. “Why should I be the friend of a person whose prayers are never answered, and who is not worthy of receiving God’s blessings?” he thought as he set sail from the island.

Suddenly, a voice called out from Heaven: “Why did you abandon your friend on the island??” The man replied: “This is my ship! I prayed for it! If his prayers were not answered, it’s clear that he wasn’t worthy of being saved!”

“You are mistaken!” said God. “Your friend prayed for one thing, and for one thing only, and HIS prayer was answered completely. Without your friend’s prayer, you never would have received My blessing!”

The first man was shocked. “Really?? What did he pray for? How was he answered?”

To which God replied: “His only request, his only prayer, was that all of your prayers should be answered. He was praying for you.

more https://theisraelbible.com/a-tale-of-two-prayers/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=A+Tale+of+Two+Prayers&utm_campaign=I365+-+Daily+-+September+03%2C+2023
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 02 Sep 2023, 8:25 pm

You shall be a consternation, a proverb, and a byword among all the peoples to which Hashem will drive you.
וְהָיִ֣יתָ לְשַׁמָּ֔ה לְמָשָׁ֖ל וְלִשְׁנִינָ֑ה בְּכֹל֙ הָֽעַמִּ֔ים אֲשֶׁר־יְנַהֶגְךָ֥ יְהֹוָ֖ה שָֽׁמָּה
Deuteronomy 28:37 (The Israel Bible, p. 508)
v'-ha-YEE-ta l'-sha-MAH l'-ma-SHAL v'-lish-nee-NAH b'-KHOL ha-a-MEEM a-SHER y'-na-heg-KHA a-do-NAI SHA-mah
The Perils of Being a Parable
By Rabbi Pesach Wolicki
Towards the end of this week’s Torah portion, the portion of Ki Tavo (Deuteronomy 26:1-29:8), we find one of the darkest passages in the entire Bible. Fifty-four consecutive verses detail the harsh punishments that will befall the people of Israel should they turn their backs on God in disobedience. Plague, famine, defeat in war, exile, and all manner of suffering are listed (Deuteronomy 28:15-69). Among the many frightening and disturbing punishments, there is one that is difficult to understand.

You will be a source of astonishment, a proverb, and a conversation piece among all the peoples where God will lead you. Deuteronomy 28:37

What does it mean to be “a proverb,” a mashal in Hebrew?

READ MORE
https://theisraelbible.com/the-perils-of-being-a-parable/?utm_source=ActiveCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=The+Perils+of+Being+a+Parable&utm_campaign=I365+-+Daily+-+September+02%2C+2023
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next