World Wide Christians Partner with Jesus' Place/
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 22 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 22 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 386 on Sun 25 Apr 2021, 2:56 pm
Latest topics
» VERY IMPORTANT CHRISTIAN CONCERN
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyYesterday at 10:29 pm by Admin

» WORTHY NEWS
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyYesterday at 10:24 pm by Admin

» BIBLE STUDY on VERSE
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyYesterday at 9:44 pm by Admin

» KEITH NOTES FROM NANJING
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 10:07 pm by Admin

» PULSE OF ISRAEL
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 9:38 pm by Admin

» Israel 365 News
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 8:06 pm by Admin

»  Chip Brogden CHURCH WITHOUT WALLS
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 7:42 pm by Admin

» ZAKA Tel Aviv
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 7:07 pm by Admin

» AISH
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptySun 05 May 2024, 6:50 pm by Admin

» FRANCIS FRANGIPANE MINISTRIES
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 11:13 pm by Admin

» JIHAD WATCH
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 10:59 pm by Admin

» Gatestone Institute
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:56 pm by Admin

» Barry Segal @ VFI News
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 9:23 pm by Admin

» NUGGET Today's Devotional
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 5:18 pm by Admin

» CHRISTIAN NEWS NETWORK
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:49 pm by Admin

» PROPHESY NEWS WATCH
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 4:17 pm by Admin

» Short Video US campus not what you think.
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:50 pm by Admin

»  HONEST REPORTING Defending Israel from Media Bias plz read REGULAR UPDATES
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyFri 03 May 2024, 2:48 pm by Admin

» Amir Tsarfati BEHOLD ISRAEL
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:34 pm by Admin

» Tjurkey suspend dealing with Israel
servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 EmptyThu 02 May 2024, 11:03 pm by Admin

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

servant @ TWO LISTENERS

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next

Go down

servant @ TWO LISTENERS - Page 23 Empty Re: servant @ TWO LISTENERS

Post  Admin Sat 12 Dec 2020, 10:52 pm

God Calling    by Two Listeners

December 12 - Care-Free

“And it shall come to pass in the day that the Lord shall give thee rest from  thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage  wherein thou wast made to serve.”
Isaiah 14:3

Perfect love casteth out fear.

Love and fear cannot dwell together. By their very natures they cannot exist side by side. Evil is powerful, and fear is one of evil’s most potent forces.

Therefore a weak vacillating love can be soon routed by fear, whereas a perfect Love, a trusting Love, is immediately the Conqueror, and fear, vanquished, flees in confusion.

But I am Love because God is Love, and I and the Father are one. So the only way to obtain this perfect Love, that dispels fear, is to have Me more and more in your lives. You can only banish fear by My Presence and My Name.

Fear of the future — Jesus will be with us.

Fear of poverty — Jesus will provide. (And so to all the temptations of fear.)

You must not allow fear to enter. Talk to Me. Think of Me. Talk of Me. Love Me. And that sense of My Power will so possess you that no fear can possess your mind. Be strong in this My Love.

Now unto Him who is able to keep you from falling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever.    Amen.    Jude 1:24-25

Copyright © 2020 Two Listeners, All rights reserved.

God At Eventide  by Two Listeners

December 12 - Prove Me Now

You have to prove Me. To come to Me walking upon the water. No sure, accustomed earth beneath you. But remember He to Whom you come is Son of God and Son of Man.

He knows your needs. He knows how difficult it must be for mortals to learn to live more and more a life that is not of the senses. To know that when I say “Come,” I asked no impossibility.

Seeing the waves Peter was afraid.

Refuse to look at the waves. Know that with your eyes on Me you can override all storms. It is not what happens that matters, but where your gaze is fixed.

Now unto Him who is able to keep you from falling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://worldwidechristians.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 11 Dec 2020, 4:06 pm

December 11 - A Sunrise Gift

“This is the day which the Lord hath made; and we will rejoice and be glad in it.”
Psalm 118:24

To those whose lives have been full of struggle and care, who have felt as you both have, the tragedy of living, the pity of an agonized heart for My poor world — to those of My followers I give that Peace and Joy that brings to age its second Spring, the youth they sacrificed for Me, and for My world. . . .Take each day now as a joyous sunrise gift from Me. Your simple daily tasks done in My strength and Love will bring the consciousness of all your highest hopes. Expect great things. Expect great things.

Now unto Him who is able to keep you from falling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever.    Amen.    Jude 1:24-25

December 11 - Help Is Here

You have been told to end all prayer upon a note of praise. That note of praise is not only faith rising up through difficulties to greet me. It is more.

It is the echo in the heart of the sound borne on Spirit waves — of that Help upon the way. It is given to those who love and trust Me to sense this approach. So rejoice for truly your redemption draweth nigh.

Now unto Him who is able to keep you from falling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 10 Dec 2020, 9:36 pm

December 10 - Successful Failures

You grieve that you have failed Me. Remember it was for the failures that I hung on Calvary’s Cross. It was a failure I greeted first in the Easter Garden.

It was to one of the failures I entrusted My Church, My Lambs, My Sheep.

It was to one who had thwarted and despised Me, who had tortured and murdered My followers that I gave My great world Mission to the Gentiles.

But each had first to learn to know Me as Savior and Lord by a bitter consciousness of having failed Me.

If you would work for Me, then you must be ready for the valley of humiliation through which all My followers have to pass.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Dec 2020, 6:47 pm

December 9 - Power To Help

Not so much on what you say as on your willingness to let My Influence flow through you, will your power to help others depend.

The Power of My Father is summoned by you to the aid of those whom you desire to help.

Live in the consciousness of My Presence, and your thoughts of Love, anxiety, and even interest will let loose a flood of Power to save.

Now unto Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 09 Dec 2020, 3:20 pm

View this email in your browser

December 9 - Your Search Rewarded

“Whom seek ye? And they said, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus answered, I have told you that I am he.”
John 18:7, 8

Lord, all men seek for the Thee.

All men seek for Me, but all men do not know what they want. They are seeking because they are dissatisfied without realizing that I am the object of their quest.

Count it your greatest joy to be the means, by your lives, sufferings, words, and love, to prove to the questing ones you know that their search would end when they saw Me.

Profit by My Example. I left My work — seemingly the greatest work — that of saving souls, to seek communion with My Father. Did I know perhaps that with many it was idle curiosity? Did I know that there must be no rush into the Kingdom, that the still small voice, not the shoutings of a mob, would alone persuade men I was the Son of God?Why be surrounded by multitudes if the multitudes were not really desiring to learn from, and to follow, Me? Follow the Christ into the quiet places of prayer

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 08 Dec 2020, 10:37 pm

December 8 - But for My Grace

You are Mine. Mine to control, to lead, to cherish. Trust Me for all.

In thinking of and dealing with others realize that whatever their sin, you would be as they are but for My protection, but for My tender forgiveness.

Remember, too, that My Command of “Judge not” was as explicit as that of “Thou shalt do no murder,” “Thou shalt not commit adultery.” Obey Me in all.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 07 Dec 2020, 8:29 pm

December 7 - Food of Life

“Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him who sent me, and to finish his work.”
John 4:34
I have meat to eat that ye know not of.

Those were My words to My Disciples in the early days of My Ministry. Later I was to lead them on to a fuller understanding of that Majestic Union of a soul with God in which strength, life, and food pass from One to the other.

Meat is to sustain the body. To do the Will of God is the very strength and support of Life. Feed on that Food.

Soul-starvation comes from the failing to do, and to delight in doing, My Will. How busy the world is in talking of bodies that are undernourished! What of the souls that are undernourished?

Make it indeed your meat to do My Will. Strength and Power will indeed come to you from that.

God At Eventide - Secret Service
Two Listeners Web Servant
Mon 07/12/2020 15:44

December 7 - Secret Service

You are blessed, very richly blessed. Never forget that you have My Love and Protection. No Treasures of the world can mean to you what that can.

Never forget, too, that you are guided. Every word, every letter, every meeting, God-planned and God-blessed. Just feel that, know that.

You are not a stray and uncared for. You belong to the Secret Service of Heaven. There are privileges and protections for you all along the way.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 06 Dec 2020, 8:41 pm

December 6 - Expect Temptation

“And lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from evil: For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.”
Matthew 6:13

Lord, give us Power to conquer temptation as Thou didst in the wilderness.

The very first step towards conquering temptation is to see it as temptation. To dissociate yourself from it.

Not to think of it as something resulting from your tiredness, or illness, or poverty, or nerve-strain, when you feel you might well excuse yourself for yielding, but first to realize very fully that when you have heard My voice (“the Heavens opened,” as it were) and are going to fulfill your mission to work for me and to draw souls to me, you must expect a mighty onslaught from the evil one, who will endeavor with all his might to frustrate you, and to prevent your good work. Expect that.

Then when these little temptations, or big ones come, you will recognize them as planned by evil to thwart Me. Then for very love of Me you will conquer.

December 6 - A New Song

You are being led forth. You have crossed the Red Sea. Your wilderness wanderings are nearly over. Behold I make all things new.

A new birth, a new heart, a new life, a new song.

Let this time be to you a time of renewal.

Cast away all that is dead. Truly live the Risen Life. In mind and spirit turn out all that offends.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 05 Dec 2020, 4:59 pm

December 5 - Law of Supply

“Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.”
Matthew 5:43
The first law of giving is of the spirit world. Give to all you meet, or whose lives touch yours, of your prayers, your time, yourselves, your love, your thought. You must practice this giving first.

Then give of this world’s goods and money, as you have them given to you. To give money and material things, without having first made the habit daily, hourly, ever increasingly, of giving on the highest plane, is wrong.

Give, give, give all your best to all who need it.

Be great givers–great givers. Give as I said My Father in Heaven gives. He who makes His sun to shine on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust. Remember, as I have told you before, give according to need, never according to desert. In giving, with the thought of supplying a real need you must closely resemble that Father in Heaven, the Great Giver.

As you receive, you must supply the needs of those I bring to you. Not questioning, not limiting. Their nearness to you, their relationship, must never count. Only their need is to guide you. Pray to become great givers.

December 5 - Perfect Achievement

Yield to My demands.

Obey My Will, that is God’s Will, for My MEAT was ever to do the Will of Him that sent Me. Obeying that Will, making it yours, all you will must be granted.

That Will is creative, secures perfect achievement, and, being of God (One and indivisible), secures all that is of God — Love, Peace, Joy, Power, in the measure that one of His creatures can absorb them.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 04 Dec 2020, 11:20 pm

December 4

December 4 - A Man of Sorrows

“Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world….For all that  is in the world,…is not of the Father, but is of the world.”
1 John 2:15-16

He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted
with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised,
and we esteemed him not. Isaiah 53:3

That these words strike a note of Beauty in the hearts of those attuned to hear the Beautiful, shows truly that the heart recognizes the need for the Man of Sorrows. That it sees nothing contemptible in One despised by the world. That it recognizes the vast difference between the values of Heaven, and those of the world. Fame and acclamations are accorded to earth’s great, contempt and rejection to the Son of God.

One of the things My disciples must ever seek to do is to set aside the valuation of the world, and judge only according to the values of Heaven. These are not for you.  Do not seek the praise and the notice of men. You follow a despised Christ. See the mob is hooting, throwing stones, jeering, and yet in that quiet little throng there is a happiness and Joy the reviling crowds could never know.

Follow that little throng with stones and gibes, and it appears to be of men, mean, ludicrous, contemptible.  Be one of the throng, and you feel the Majesty of God in the presence of Him, Who was despised and rejected of men. Wreaths around His Brow, and shouts of applause, would belittle that Majesty.In your dark hours, when human help fails, keep very close to the Man of Sorrows. Feel My Hand of Love press yours in silent but complete understanding. I, too, was acquainted with grief. No heart can ache without My heart aching too. “He was despised, and we esteemed Him not.”

December 4 - Withdraw Yourself

It is not in the crowd that lovers learn to know and cherish each other. Is in the quiet times alone.

So with My own and Me. It is in the tender alone-times that they learn all that I can be to each.

Shut out the world with its all too-insistent claims. Then, because of the power and the peace and the joy that come to you, you will crave to be alone with Me.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 03 Dec 2020, 7:53 pm

December 3 - A Journey With Me

“But the path of the just is as the shining light, that shineth more and more unto the perfect day.” 
Proverbs 4:18

Fret not your souls with puzzles that you cannot solve. The solution may never be shown you until you have left this flesh-life.

Remember what I have so often told you, “I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.” Only step by step, and stage by stage, can you proceed, in your journey upward.The one thing to be sure of is that it is a journey with Me. There does come a Joy known to those who suffer with Me. But that is not the result of the suffering, but the result of the close intimacy with Me, to which suffering drove you

December 3 - Your Faith Confirmed

“Whom do men say that I am?” That is the first question I put to each man. My Claim, and the world’s interpretation of My Mission and its culmination must be a matter of consideration.

Then comes My second question, and upon the answer to this depends the man’s whole future. Here we have left the realm of the mind. Conviction must be of the heart. “Whom do you say that I am?”

“Thou art the Christ, the Son of the Living God,” was Simon’s answer. Then, and not till then, was it possible, without infringement of man’s right of Free Will, to add to that profession of faith, the confirmation of My Father, “This is My Beloved Son.”

I had lived My Life naturally, as a man among men. But always with the Longing that those I had chosen might have the eyes to see, the faith to penetrate the Mystery of Incarnation, and to see Me, the God revealed.

The faith of a personal conviction is always cemented by the assurance of My Father. It is that which makes the faith of My true followers so unshakable.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 02 Dec 2020, 4:45 pm

December 2 - The Ideal Man

“Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you.”
James 4:8

Draw nigh, shoes off thy feet, in silent awe and adoration. Draw nigh, as Moses drew nigh to the burning bush.

I give you the loving intimacy of a friend, but I am God too, and the wonder of our intercourse, the miracle of your intimacy with Me, will mean the more to you, if sometimes you see the Majestic Figure of the Son of God.

Draw nigh in the utter confidence that is the sublimest prayer. Draw nigh. No far-off pleading, even to a God clothed with majesty of fire. Draw nigh. Draw nigh, not as a suppliant, but as a listener. I am this Suppliant, as I make known to you My wishes. For this Majestic God is Brother too, longing so intensely that you should serve your brother-man, and longing, even more intensely, that you should be true to that Vision He has of you.

You speak of your fellow man as disappointing you, as falling short of the ideal you had of him. But what of Me? For every man there is the ideal man I see in him. The man he could be, the man I would have him be.Judge of My Heart when he fails to fulfill that promise. The disappointments of man may be great and many, but they are nothing as compared with My disappointments. Remember this, and strive to be the friend I see in my vision of you.

December 2 - Learning Times

In performing the simple duty, and in the restraint you achieve in doing it, and not in the feverish looking for the answer to your prayer for the big thing — maybe you learn the one thing needful before I entrust you with what you desire.

With Me, and in obedience to My Will, you have now become suited for that answer.

These are learning-times, rather than testing-times.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 01 Dec 2020, 9:14 pm

December 1 - Responsibility

“And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.”
Galatians 6:9

I am beside you. A very human Jesus, who understands all your weaknesses, and sees too your struggles and conquests.

Remember, I was the Companion of the Weak. Ready to supply their hunger. Teaching My followers their responsibility towards all, not only those near and dear to them, but to the multitude.

“Lord, send them away that they may go into the villages and buy themselves victuals,” said My disciples, with no sympathy for the fainting, exhausted men, women, and children.

But I taught that Divine Sympathy includes responsibility. “Give ye them to eat,” was My reply.  I taught that pity, without a remedy for the evil, or the need, is worthless.

“Give ye them to eat.” Wherever your sympathy goes, you must go too, if possible. Remember that in thinking of your own needs. Claim from Me the same attitude now.

The servant is not above his Master, certainly not in Spiritual attainments, and what I taught My disciples, I do.So fainting and needy, by the lakeside of life, know that I will supply your need, not grudgingly, but in full measure.

December 1 - The Next-Best Thing

When you long for your prayer to be answered, when your need is great and you ask great things, then your way is so clear.

Take the next simple duty that lies to your hand and seek to do that thoroughly . . . and so with the next.

As you do it, remember My Promise.

Be faithful in that which is least, and I will make thee ruler over many things.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 30 Nov 2020, 7:26 pm

November 30 - From Self to God

The Lord hear thee in the day of trouble; the name of the God of Jacob defend thee: Send thee help from the sanctuary, and strengthen thee out of Zion.
Psalm 20:1,2

The eternal God is thy refuge.  Deuteronomy 33:27

A place to flee to, a sanctuary.  An escape from misunderstanding, from yourself.  You can get away from others into the quiet of your own being, but from yourself, from the sense of your failure, your weakness, your sins and shortcomings, whither can you flee?

To the Eternal God your refuge.  Till in His Immensity you forget your smallness, meanness, limitations.Till the relief of safety merges into Joy of appreciation of your refuge, and you absorb the Divine, and absorbing, gain strength to conquer.

Now unto Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever.    Amen.    Jude 1:24-25
Forward to Friends and Famiy

November 30 - Fly the Flag

In your life and on your home you have unfurled the flag of My Kingship.  Keep that flag flying.

Depression, disobedience, and want of faith, these are the half-masts of My Kingdom’s flag.

Full and free, above earth’s fogs and smokes, keep My flag flying high.

“The King is there, they serve the King,” should be upon the lips and in the hearts of all who see it.  Those who know you must, too, join those who fly My Flag.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 29 Nov 2020, 9:46 pm

November 29 - When Two Agree

Nor forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another, and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. 
Hebrews 10:25

If two of you shall agree.

I am the Truth. Every word of Mine is true. Every promise of Mine shall be fulfilled.

First, “gathered together in My Name,” bound by a common loyalty to Me, desires only of doing My Will.

Then, when this is so, I am present too, a self-invited guest, and when I am there and one with you, voicing the same petition, making your demands Mine, then it follows the request is granted.But what man has failed perhaps to realize is all that lies behind the words.  For two to agree about the wisdom of a request, to be certain it should be granted, and will be granted (if it should be), is not the same as two agreeing to pray that request.

Now unto Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever.    Amen.    Jude 1:24-25

November 29 - Miracles I Could Not Do

What emphasis has been laid down upon the wonder of My walking upon the Sea, and upon My feeding the multitudes. In the eyes of the Heaven those were miracles of small importance.

Nature was My servant, the creation of the Father; and the Father and I are one.  Over her and over the material world I had complete control.  My acts were natural, spontaneous, requiring no premeditation, beyond the selection of a suitable moment for their performance.

But My real Miracle work was in the hearts of men, because there I was limited by the Father’s gift of free will to man.  I could not command man as I could the waves.  I was subject to the limitations the Father had set.  No man must be coerced into My Kingdom.

Think of all that My restraint cost Me. I could have forced the world to accept Me, but I should then have broken faith with all mankind.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 28 Nov 2020, 9:19 pm

November 28 - The Way of the Spirit

Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in  the air. 
1 Thessalonians 4:17

Jesus, we come to Thee with Joy.

The Joy of meeting Me should more and more fill your lives.  It will. Your lives must first of all be narrowed down, more and more, into an inner circle of life with Me (the three of us), and then, as that friendship becomes more and more engrossing, more and more binding, then gradually, the circle of your interests will widen.

For the present do not think of it as a narrow life.  I have My Purpose, My Loving Purpose, in cutting you away from other work and interests, for the time.

To work from large interests and a desire for great activities and world movements, to the inner circle life with Me, is really the wrong way.  That is why so often, when, through all these activities and interests, a soul finds Me, I have to begin our Friendship by cutting away the ties that bind it to the outer and wider circle.  When it has gained strength and learned its lesson in the inner circle, it can then widen its life, working this time from within out, taking then to each contact, each friendship, the inner circle influence.

And this is to be your way of life.

This is the way of the Spirit. Man so often misunderstands this.

November 28 - Active But Alert

Walk very carefully in life.  It is a wonderful thing to be known as one who loves Me and seeks to follow Me, but it is also a very great responsibility.
So much that you may do, in which you are not guided by Me, may be condemned as unworthy, and a slur be cast upon My followers and My Church.

There are no moments in your life from now on which you can be free from great responsibility.  Never forget this.  My soldiers are ever on active service.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri 27 Nov 2020, 9:56 pm

November 27 - Not Thwarted

Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me; nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. 

Luke 22:42

Not our wills but Thine, O Lord.

Man has so misunderstood Me in this.  I want no will laid grudgingly upon My Altar.  I want you to desire and love My Will, because therein lies your happiness and Spirit-rest.

Whenever you feel that you cannot leave the choice to Me, then pray, not to be able to accept My Will, but to know and love Me more.  With that knowledge, and the Love, will come the certainty that I know best, and that I want only the best for you and yours.

How little those know Me who think I wish to thwart them. How often I am answering their own prayers in the best and quickest way.

November 27 - Spirit of Adventure

The path has been tried, every step has been planned with a view to your progress.  Never test your work by what others can accomplish, or by what they leave undone.  Yours to master the task I have set you.  Go forward in My Strength and in the Spirit of Adventure.

Undreamed of heights can be attained in this way.  Never question your capability.  That has been for Me to decide.  No experienced Leader would set a follower a task beyond his Power.  Trust Me, your Leader.

The World would have been won for Me ere this had My followers been dauntless, inspired by their faith in Me.  It is not humility to hesitate to do the great task I set.  It is a lack of faith in Me.

To wait to feel strong is cowardly.  My strength is provided for the task, but I do not provide it for the period of hesitancy before you begin.

How much of My Work goes undone through lack of faith.  Again and again might it be said — “He did not many mighty works through this follower’s unbelief.”

Now unto Him who is able to keep you from stumbling, and to make you stand in the presence of His glory blameless with great joy, to the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 26 Nov 2020, 5:16 pm

November 26 - My Beauty

For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground … and when we shall see him, there is no  beauty that we should desire him. 
Isaiah 53:2

The prophet realized the Truth of My later saying “He that hath ears to hear let him hear” which might be rendered “he that hath eyes to see let him see.”

The God who was to be born upon earth was not to be housed in a body so beautiful that men would follow and adore for the beauty of His Countenance.

No! He was to be as one whom the world would despise, but to the seeing eye, the Spirit that dwelt in that body should be so beautiful as to lack nothing. “Yet when we shall see Him, there is no Beauty that we should desire Him.”

Pray for the seeing eye, to see the Beauty of My Character, of My Spirit. Nay, more, as faith saw the Beauty of the Godhead in One who had no form or comeliness, so pray to have that faith to see the Beauty of My Love in My dealings with you, in My actions.  Till, in what the world will distort into cruelty and harshness, you, with the eyes of faith, will see all that you could desire.

Know Me. Talk to Me. Let Me talk to you, so that I may make clear to your loving hearts what seems mysterious now and purposeless (“having no form nor comeliness.”)

November 26 - Complete Obedience

Walk in My Way.

My Way is that of doing, not only of accepting, the Father’s Will.

Submitting to that Will, however gladly you may do so, is not enough.

Your work and influence for Me are hindered if your life is not one of complete obedience.  “By the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.”

Where would your salvation have been had I faltered and wavered in MY task?

It was by the obedience of My earth-life I saved; and so must it be with you.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed 25 Nov 2020, 4:26 pm

November 25 - the Heavenly Beggar

I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved, and shall go in and out, and find pasture. 
John 10:9

Behold, I stand at the door and knock.  Revelation 3:20

Oh, ponder again these words and learn from them My great humility.

There is that gracious invitation, too, for those who yearn to realize a happiness, a rest, a satisfaction they have never found in the world and its pursuits.  To them, the pleading answer to their quest is “Come to Me and I will give you rest.”

But to those who do not feel their need of Me, who obstinately reject Me, who shut the doors of their hearts so that I may not enter, to these I go, in tender, humble longing.  Even when I find all closed, all barred, I stand a Beggar, knocking, knocking.  The Heavenly Beggar in His Great Humility.

Never think of those who have shut you out, or forgotten you, that now they must wait, you have no need of them.  No!  remember that, the Heavenly Beggar, and learn of Me, humility.Learn too the value of each man’s happiness, and peace and rest, to Me, his God; and learn, and learning, pray to copy the Divine Unrest until a soul finds rest and peace in Me.

November 25 - Green Pastures

Walk in My Pastures.  The eye will be rested and the spirit restored by the soft green of their verdure.  The ear soothed and then enchanted by the sound of My Waters of Comfort.

No stones will impede your progress.

The soft haze over all will speak of unrevealed mysteries, while the wonder of life about you will tell of My ever-active, creative, and protective Power, and you will be filled with a content that will merge into a strange yearning for a spirit-oneness with Me.

Then — you will know I am there.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue 24 Nov 2020, 10:40 pm

November 24 - Suffer to Save

And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. 

Colossians 3:23-24

Take each day’s happenings as work you can do for Me.  In that Spirit a blessing will attend all you do.  Offering your day’s service, thus to Me, you are sharing in My Life-work, and therefore helping Me to save My world.

You may not see it, but the power of vicarious sacrifice is redemptive beyond man’s power of understanding here on earth.

November 24 - Eternal Calm

Remember that you live in Eternity, not time.  Let there be no rush to do this or that.

It follows that for each task Eternity is yours.

How often, and how sadly, impotent haste has hindered, not hastened, the work of My Kingdom.

Live more quietly, bathed in the calm of Eternity.  Feel this before you leave My Presence.

No fevered haste to work My Will.  You must go forth in God’s Great Calm.

There was no haste in His Creative Plan.  Do you not feel the Strength of Calmness that lies behind God’s work in Nature?  Rest and know.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon 23 Nov 2020, 8:28 pm

November 23 - Earth's Furies

For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
John 3:8
In the world ye shall have tribulation; but be of good cheer;
I have overcome the world. John 16:33

Then you may ask why have you, My children, to have tribulation if I have overcome the world.

My overcoming was never, you know, for Myself, but for you, for My children. Each temptation, each difficulty, I overcame as it presented itself.

The powers of evil were strained to their utmost to devise means to break Me.  They failed, but how they failed was known only to Me, and to My Father, who could read My undaunted spirit.  The world, even My own followers, would see a Lost Cause. Reviled, spat upon, scourged, they would deem Me conquered.  How could they know My Spirit was free, unbroken, unharmed?

And so, as I had come to show man God, I must show him God unconquered, unharmed, untouched by evil and its power. Man could not see My Spirit untouched, risen above these earth furies and hates, into the Secret Place of the Father. But man could see My Risen Body and learn by that, that even the last attempt of man had been powerless to touch Me.

Take heart from that, for you must share My tribulations.

And in My conquering Power you walk unharmed today.

November 23 - When Misunderstood

Wait upon Me.

Wait until My strength has filled your being, and you are no longer weak, petty, “misunderstood.”

Rise above any fret as to how others may judge you.  Leave Me to explain what I will of you and your actions.

Would you seek to follow a Christ Who had wasted His God-Power on fruitless explanations?

So with you.  Leave Me to vindicate you, and to be your Advocate, or trust My silence in this as in all else.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun 22 Nov 2020, 11:13 pm

November 22 - Only Love Lasts

And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1 Corinthians 13:13

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a a tinkling cymbal.    1 Corinthians 13:1

SEE that only Love tells.  Only what is done in Love lasts, for God is Love, and only the work of God remains.

The fame of the world, the applause given to the one who speaks with the tongues of men and of angels, who attracts admiration and compels attention, it is all given to what is passing, is really worthless, if it lacks that God-quality, Love.

Think how a smile, or word of Love, goes winged on its way, a God-Power, simple though it may seem, while the mighty words of an orator can fall fruitless to the ground.  The test of all true work and words is – are they inspired by Love?

If man only saw how vain is so much of his activity! So much work done in My Name is not acknowledged by Me. As for Love. Turn out from your hearts and lives all that is not loving, so shall ye bear much fruit, and by this shall all men know ye are My disciples, because ye have Love one toward another.

November 22 - The Look of the Lover

How few wait on Me.

Many pray to Me.

They come into My Presence feverish with wants and distress, but few wait there for that calm and strength that contact with Me would give.

Look unto Me and be ye saved.  But the look was not meant to be a hurried glance.  It was to be the look into My face of the lover beholding the Beloved.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Nov 2020, 7:06 pm

November 21 - Radiate Joy

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 
Matthew 5:16

Not only must you rejoice, but your Joy must be made manifest.  “Known unto all men.”  A candle must not be set under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that it may give light to all who are in the house.

Men must see and know your Joy, and seeing it, know, without any doubt, that it springs from trust in Me, from living with Me.

The hard dull way of resignation is not My Way.  When I entered Jerusalem, knowing well that scorn and reviling and death awaited Me, it was with cries of Hosanna, and with a triumphal procession.  Not just a few “Lost Cause” followers creeping with Me into the city.  There was no note of sadness in My Last Supper Talk with My disciples, and “when we had sung an hymn” we went out unto the Mount of Olives.

So trust, so conquer, so joy.  Love colors the way. Love takes the sting out of the wind of adversity.Love. Love. Love of Me. The consciousness of My Presence, and that of My Father, we are one, and He – God – is Love.

November 21 - Be Glad in the Lord

Wait before Me with a song of praise in your hearts.  Sing unto Me a new song.  There will always be something in each day for which to thank Me.

Acknowledge every little happening as a revelation of My Love and thought for you.  Praise has the power to wash away the bitterness of life.  Be glad in the Lord.

Rejoice evermore.  Great is the heart’s “Thank You.”  As you learn to thank Me more and more you will more and more see Me in the little happenings, and increasingly see much about which to rejoice.  Praise and thanksgiving are the preservers of youth.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat 21 Nov 2020, 12:09 am

November 20 - Mysteries

Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God. 

Psalm 43:5

Your Hope is in the Lord. More and more set your hopes on Me. Know that whatever the future may hold it will hold more and more of Me. It cannot but be glad and full of Joy.  So in Heaven, or on earth, wherever you may be, your way must be truly one of delight.

Do not try to find answers to the mysteries of the world.  Learn to know Me more and more, and in that Knowledge you will have all the answers you need here, and when you see Me Face to Face, in that purely Spiritual world, you will find no need to ask.  There again all your answers will be in Me.

Remember, I was the answer in time to all man’s questions about My Father and His Laws. Know no theology. Know Me. I was the Word of God. All you need to know about God you know in Me. If a man knows me not, all your explanations will fall on an unresponsive heart.

November 20 - Watchful Expectancy

Wait before Me, in humble, silent anticipation.  Wait in entire and childlike obedience.  Wait as a servant anticipating his master’s orders and wants.

Wait as a lover eager to note the first suggestions of a need, and to hasten to supply it.  Wait for My orders and commands.  Wait for My Guidance, My Supply.

Well indeed in such a life may you be of good cheer.  Can a life be dull and dreary when always there is that watchful expectancy, always that anticipation of glad surprise, always wonder of fulfillment, Joy of supply?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu 19 Nov 2020, 4:16 pm

November 19 - Hills of the Lord
Tamar, Israel
Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

James 4:10

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh form the Lord, which  made heaven and earth.  Psalm 121:1,2

Yes! always raise your eyes, from earth’s sordid and mean and false, to the Hills of the Lord. From poverty, lift your eyes to the Help of the Lord.

In moments of weakness, lift your eyes to the Hills of the Lord.

Train your sight by constantly getting this long view.  Train it to see more and more, further and further, until distant peaks seem familiar.

The Hills of the Lord.  The Hills whence comes your help.  A parched earth looks to the Hills for its rivers, its streams, its life.  So look you to the Hills.  From those Hills comes Help.  Help from the Lord – who made Heaven and earth.

So, for all your spiritual needs, look to the Lord, who made Heaven, and for all your temporal needs look to Me, owner of all this, the Lord who made the earth

November 19 - Check Up

Turn out all of your self that would rebel against My way.  Know no other rule.

Check your actions and motives habitually.  Those that are actuated by self-esteem or self-pity — condemn.

Discipline yourself ruthlessly rather than let self gain any ascendancy.  Your aim is to oust it, and to serve and follow Me only.

Copyright © 2020 Two Listeners,
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 36 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29 ... 36  Next